Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and get Katie and now he Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 3: Of the nearly two hundred missiles fired by Iran, Israeli defenses shot down almost all of them, not without the help of US destroyers based in the Eastern Mediterranean. The Israeli military has vowed to strike back. We have the capabilities to reach any point to the Middle East, said the head of the Armed Forces. Our enemies who have not understood this yet will soon understand. Israeli military video shows troops advancing through the mountains of southern Lebanon as it announced close quarter fighting with Hezbolah. Thousands more are being sent north as part of what the Israeli military is calling a limited ground operation.
Speaker 4: So that's interesting and I like a lot of people have been wondering what is the Israeli gonna response going to be?
Speaker 2: How big is it going to be?
Speaker 4: I mean, is it going to be full regime change, like try to take out the Ayatola take out There are nuclear facilities, they're oil refineries, all that different sort of stuff. Maybe not as much as I thought. We'll have that for you in just a second. But here's a CBS reporter who got a tour of a town, and they're in Lebanon, where the Hesbla people are pretty popular, apparently.
Speaker 5: Southern Bayiruk suburb of Dahia, the seat of Hesbola's power. Israeli airstrikes targeted Dahia relentlessly. We were only given access as part of a large media tour organized by the Milton Group following the Israeli assassination of its leader, custom Disrella. This man yells, we will not surrender. We followed Nosreela, this man who said we are all Norella. So if Israel was fighting one person, they are now fighting the entire nation.
Speaker 2: We are all in ISRAELA.
Speaker 4: I don't know how many people leave that sentiment there in southern Lebanon, but.
Speaker 2: There's that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a great deal of resentment of Hesbala as well.
Speaker 2: It depends who you ask.
Speaker 4: So Joe Biden was asked yesterday, what do you think of Israel taking out the nuclear facilities there in Iran?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, no response needs to be proportional. Why we wouldn't advocate keeping Iran from getting a bomb. I guess you did want to go back to your old boss's plan. If you just keep giving Iran more money and thinking at some point they'll just decide not to want a nuclear weapon or something.
Speaker 2: I don't I've never understood that theory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they won't take the money and keep developing the nukes. There's no chance of that.
Speaker 2: But this shocked me.
Speaker 4: From the New York Times, several senior Biden officials, speaking on a condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive conversations, said yesterday that Israeli officials have told them privately that they do not feel the need to hit back against Iran in an immediate and massive way.
Speaker 2: I hadn't heard this anywhere yet.
Speaker 4: Officials in the United States and Europe feared that Israel could hit economic tiggets in Iran that would prompt the dangerous escalatory reaction Tehran has long wouldn't I know. Tehran has long signaled that attacks on its oil and gas industry would be a red line. A senior European official said, so we're announcing we're scared of Iran. That's a good idea. Such a strike would probably prompt retaliatory attacks. From Iran on Western energy assets, potentially disrupting the global economy one month before the presidential election.
Speaker 1: Well that's there, you go, that last phrase. That's what a lot of it is about. And the rest of it is utterly dishonest. First of all, the idea that we don't want a dangerous escalation where Iran like gets really mad or something. It's already on. Okay, the war is on Iran has been defanged. Two most powerful proxies are fighting for their lives, and those are the two attack dogs they always threatened Israel with. They didn't threaten them with, and we'll fire two hundred and twelve ballistic missiles at you. They threatened them with, Yeah, we'll send our attack dogs in the region right at Israel and we're going to fight the hell out of you. Well, what are you going to do now your attack dogs are defanged?
Speaker 2: Well, right?
Speaker 4: And then in terms of launching an attack from your own country? Am I supposed to believe that the two hundred ballistic missiles were That's not our best stuff. We got way better stuff. We're just holding back for some reason. What I don't know that I buy that. I am so disgusted by Joe Biden. I disagreed a lot with Barack Obama. I thought he was wrong. I thought he not born here, oh boy.
Speaker 2: I thought his.
Speaker 1: Theory of international relations was that of an academic overly in love with his own persuasive powers and intellect and blah blah blah. But at least I felt like there was coh to it. It was wrong, it was just incoherent. I'm sorry it was wrong, but it was coherent. Joe Biden is just spineless.
Speaker 2: He is utterly unable to make a risky decision.
Speaker 1: Ever, He's one of the most gray milk toast, cowardly spineless people I've ever seen in a position of power.
Speaker 2: It's just I'm just so sick of him.
Speaker 1: And as we can't escalate, it's got to be proportional. Here's an idea for you, Joe. And this has been true since the dawn of man. You make your adversaries so afraid to mess with you, they don't mess with you, and you have peace and tranquility. And then with that power you have, you exercise it compassionately and with justice.
Speaker 2: You help the downtrodden.
Speaker 1: You send aircraft carriers to tsunami sites, You act with decency and kindness, but yes, strength, enormous, overwhelming strength. Israel has the chance to knock it around back by a decade in terms of being a regional and perhaps global threat.
Speaker 2: You gotta do it.
Speaker 1: If Tally Bennett, who we've quoted a couple of times, he's the former Israeli Prime minister, said has Boll and Hamas are paralyzed temporarily, and Iran is exposed right now, they're naked, they don't have the ability to protect themselves. Israel has the greatest opportunity in fifty years to change the face of the Middle East.
Speaker 4: The National Review editorial board has a piece today. Their editors have a piece, actually it came out yesterday basically saying, remember, this is all Obama's fault, and they're just carrying on the same strategy of you know, let's just deal with them, give them more money, loosen up money so that they won't need to get a nuclear weapon, or I don't even under I never understood.
Speaker 2: The philosophy at all.
Speaker 4: I hear it brought up on your lefty cable news channels all the time, and Ian Bremmer brings it up.
Speaker 2: I like, but all the time, just.
Speaker 4: Say Trump got out of the Iranian nuclear deal that Obama put together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was working, graz was it? Oh? Uh?
Speaker 4: Anyway, So they point that out and that at every turn I'll read from it. At every escalation by Iran, the response by the Biden Harris administration has been to show weakness. They always talk about their ironclad support for Israel, but it's failed to recognize that defensive measures against Iran can only go so far when they aren't accompanied by a strong offensive response to re establish deterrence.
Speaker 2: There's no deterrence.
Speaker 4: So their final paragraph is this time the response to Iranian aggression must be different. For the second time in five months, Iran has fired hundreds of projectiles at Israel thanks to the gains the regime is believed to have made in uranium enrichment under the Biden Harris administration. There's simply no way Israel can take the chance that the next time Iran launches such an attack, some of the missiles.
Speaker 2: Could be loaded with nuclear warheads.
Speaker 4: It's believed that Iran's within a couple of weeks if they decided to go to get a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 2: Why would you not interrupt that?
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't we be in favor of Israel, interrupting that it's hard to imagine the reasons I've just enunciated about the head of our government Defense Israel. Israel's Defense Minister Joev Galan, who has disagreed rather vehemently with net Nyahou on various questions in recent days, said Iran has not learned a simple lesson. Those who attack the State of Israel pay a heavy price. The heavier the price, the rarer the attacks. Well, you know, I don't know nothing, but Iran's in the weakest position it's been and we got a couple of aircraft carriers and nearly fifty thousand troops around the United States. Does when would be a better time to attack Iran than when they're weak and when the biggest bully in the world.
Speaker 2: Has got your back? I mean, is right there? Yeah, yep.
Speaker 4: But that's interesting. So you think the sources, speaking on the condition of anonymity they're quoting in the New York Times is what do you think that is?
Speaker 2: I think that's crap. I don't know what to think.
Speaker 4: It's it's shocking to me if it's true that Israeli officials are telling the Biden people we're not gonna we're not going to go very big in anytime soon.
Speaker 1: I just find that impossible to believe. It could be pre spin. They could just be turning down the heat on the burner of their American Israeli relations, and then when the attack comes, it's going to be a big and nasty get to forgiveness, not permission. They're probably thinking.
Speaker 4: That, yeah, well, they didn't alert the Biden administration to the snuffing of Azraala, And you do that on purpose, so that you know, Biden isn't put in a position politically where he says, yeah, I knew about it, but I couldn't stop them, or I didn't stop them, or whatever. You on purpose, don't tell them. It's doing them a favor. Works for both sides.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh, we'll see how that goes. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I worry that some of our brethren on the right who are of a more what word would they use, Well, they always go on about forever wars.
Speaker 2: If that's an argument, it's just a slogan.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you'd call it as a philosophy, but I have heard from a number of people I know enough for it to like make me think it's a wave of people that I know are are super red, super trumpy. We say we got to get out of these wars. That's the phrase I keep hearing, we got to get out of these wars. That And so I don't know how much of the right feels that way now, but I definitely feel like it's growing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree completely, And and it's one, you know, relevant and appropriate discussion. To what extent and in what way should the United States project its power around the globe? Where and when that's that's a great discussion, and you might think less than I do. But some of it becomes this simplistic, classic isolationism that was a mistake forty years ago.
Speaker 2: And now that you can.
Speaker 1: Reach out and touch someone from anywhere on the globe, the idea that we ought to retreat to our own shores and mind our own business in the world won't come looking for us.
Speaker 2: I just don't think it's true. I think it's naive a lot of it. But there are subtleties involved.
Speaker 1: And if you're of that, you know, ideology or thought that we're describing, you know, knock us out an email mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com if you've dissent is welcomed here.
Speaker 4: I'm sure Trump's aware of how much of his party feels that way and probably has a you know, some pretty good pulling on it. A lot of it's led by Tucker Carl Carlson and others like him. We got, we got to stay out of these wars, equating Iraq, which was practically pointless and Afghanistan, which was handled incredible poorly for many decades. With these two situations which are very, very different. Oh yeah, yeah, that's just silly. Anyway, Is it going to be fun to follow over the coming months, years, and decades, perhaps centuries, although I won't be around for that.
Speaker 2: We got a lot more on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 4: I don't know where you all are, but here in northern California where we broadcast from, it's been like one hundred and five degrees the first couple of days of October.
Speaker 2: What the hell? The climate is changing.
Speaker 4: I refuse to use individual days or weather events to confirm that, but I and.
Speaker 2: I agree the climate is changing.
Speaker 4: Yes, because from where I'm from, it used to snow and it doesn't snow anymore.
Speaker 2: I mean that's pretty major change.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, what I didn't get to the second aspect of the devastating damage done to in particular or western North Carolina, the recent hurricane that packed tremendous power. Even if it has it got far further north than hurricanes generally do any damage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ashville is a long way from the coast. Oh yes, it's way up in the mountains. Anyway.
Speaker 1: It's a part of it's about the Brown Ocean, which is something I had in all my years on the planet not been aware of. If there is like really heavy rainfall in a region and the ground is pretty saturated, hurricane, a tropical storm can actually pick up moisture and power out of the ground as it as it covers you know, the ground and gains strength as if it's going over the Gulf of Mexico with its warm waters.
Speaker 2: And that's what happened here. They call it the Brown Ocean. I don't like that term.
Speaker 4: It either sounds disgusting or sexual or something you're.
Speaker 1: A child, wake up and smell the meteorology.
Speaker 2: Anyway. I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 1: The other aspect of it that I brought up was that it has devastated all sorts of red towns and counties in western North Carolina, and the authorities are not sure they can get the together, the whole the procedures, the polling places, the mail out, mail in ballots, all of it.
Speaker 2: That is interesting.
Speaker 4: And also I meant to mention this, this is a burbling thing in circles on the right who take in a lot of social media. The response and a lot of this. Brit Hume retweeted this, I saw if what this man is saying about helicopters it could have saved live staying grounded because of a lack of orders is true. It is a scandal. There's a lot of that flying around on social media. I don't know how much of it is accurate or not, of people who are trying to rescue and getting thwarted by you know, mall cops, people who are really flexing their authority rightly or wrongly, and not allowing things to get fixed.
Speaker 2: And it's become a huge problem.
Speaker 4: And the multiple deaths are being attributed to this interesting and there's so much you know, mayhem going on right now. The stories haven't been able to get out. But as Hume points out, there if some of these stories are the way they sound like, somebody saying I was going to try to rescue them off the roof, but the local deputy fire chief for the county, who's never been able to tell anybody what to do before in his life, wouldn't let us do it, and then people died. If some of these story stories turn out to be true, they're gonna be quite scandalous.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess if it's just local authorities, I don't think it means anything except locally.
Speaker 4: But well yeah, yeah, no, I'm not making it claiming it has a presidential significance or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I'm not neither anti lar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of people are working really hard to make this political life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, surely rings true, though, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Tavin't you had that experience, you know, the person that gets well, we saw it during COVID over and over and over again, your county health person.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, So completely different topic.
Speaker 1: Two Harvard students have created an eerie demo of how smart glasses, including the new ray Ban Meta smart glasses, can use facial recognition tech to instantly diex people's identities, phone numbers, addresses, relatives, the whole deal.
Speaker 2: I didn't know I knew.
Speaker 4: Facial recognition technology was pretty good. They're using it at airports and ball games. But I didn't know like I had access to it, did you?
Speaker 1: This is all currently available stuff technology public databases. One of the two students posted a video showcasing the tech in action that got picked up by other media. The tech works by using the meta smart classes ability to live stream video to Instagram. A computer program then monitors that stream and uses AI to identify faces. Those photos are then fed into public databases to find names, addresses, phone numbers, and even relatives. That information is then fed back through a phone app. Now, these are smart college kids with a great deal of computer literacy obviously, but it's using all readily available stuff.
Speaker 4: And it will be something that even I could use six months from now.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they show him using the lasses to identify several classmates, their addresses, and names of relatives in real time. They do the same with complete strangers on public transits.
Speaker 2: Boy, that's coming. That is going to be the future. Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 1: Thinking it's a bit of an administrative snaff oo. Michael wasn't actually in the room when we decided which clip to come back, right, That's.
Speaker 2: What I was waiting for the clip.
Speaker 1: But that's when I don't think we need a consultant to point out the problem with that process. I've looked over the problem, and it seems to be you didn't tell the guy who has the ability to play the clips that he needs to play the clips. The breakdown appears to be right here in the process. Michael, if you would played clip forty, we would all be gratified.
Speaker 7: The Special Council focusing in particular on Trump's alleged interactions with then Vice President Mike Pence, who had refused Trump's insistence he stopped the electoral certification on January sixth. Throughout the one hundred and sixty five page filing, Smith makes the case Trump was acting as a candidate or private citizen, not as president, but he was claiming the election was stolen. The new filing also alleges Trump allies sought to create chaos, including one unnamed Trump supporter shortly after the election, encouraging protests even to make them riot.
Speaker 2: For Trump paiding media. This is the biggest story in America.
Speaker 4: It's led every newscast the fact that Smith is still trying to bring down Trump. Around January sixth, and figure a way around that Supreme Court ruling on immunity, and they released a whole bunch of details with this many page report yesterday. The question being why did you release this in October, weeks before a presidential election. Is there any reason that you released it other than to political trying to damage Trump before an election?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they've unleashed the prosecutions case in a criminal trial. So does the defense now go, how do we do this when we're trying a case in public like this mister in the media, It's interesting, the learned and eloquent Jonathan Turley commenting on this forty six place.
Speaker 6: The timing is concerning. Jack Smith knows that this election will be the largest jury verdict in history, and this comes across as his closing election argument. You know, this is the argument against Trump. It's one sided, it's quite elaborate, but it is an argument that he wants out there before the election, and that will remain troubling for a lot of people. It's not going to change a lot of minds. But you know, he goes through every detail here.
Speaker 4: I can't believe this happened. It's very James Comy like in that you're you're claiming, well, if I had kept it secret, I could be blamed for being political by not allowing this information to come out. How about you air toward will of an investoration is still going on or something hasn't been determined.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep it secret, right right, or just sit on it. You don't normally publish this sort of stuff anyway. This is an amusing aspect of this whole deal. As I said earlier, the Smith indictment is just the old indictment, but removing the stuff that's demonstrably Trump doing his official duties as president because the Supreme Court said you have immunity for that, and so Smith is figuring out, Okay, this is as a candidate, this is his private activities, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: So this is the stuff will emphasize.
Speaker 1: But it's the same indictment, just cleansed of some of the stuff that Supreme Court said.
Speaker 2: No no to.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: Jake Tapper, on the lead on CNN, was launching into a story and the graphic running across the bottom of the screen said Smith provides never before seeing evidence from twenty twenty election case against Trump.
Speaker 2: So that was CNN's narrative that's quite time.
Speaker 4: I would grab my eyes. I would think, wow, stuff we haven't heard yet. Well I just seen this.
Speaker 2: But clip forty five, Michael, this is how it actually sounded.
Speaker 1: With polling and our team of intrepid reporters who have been combing through this filing.
Speaker 2: Let me start with you, Paula.
Speaker 8: Walk us through then major headlines in this filing and the ones that we have not seen before.
Speaker 2: Paula, are you ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean no, we.
Speaker 2: Haven't seen We're on right now.
Speaker 1: We're sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you're so distracted by going home.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, I mean I want to say there isn't a lot that we haven't really seen before.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not what he was hoping for when you got in, John as we haven't seen never.
Speaker 4: Before, bombshell reporting. Not a lot of here we haven't seen before. Jake, Oh we're all here.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: She wasn't sure what to say that there's not a lot we haven't seen before.
Speaker 2: Jake, don't hurt me, don't hurt me. I this is my guess.
Speaker 4: Maybe this will sound partisan, but this is what I actually think. I think the crowd that hates Trump and wasn't going to vote for it for him. This has no effect on whatsoever other than yet, I'm still not voting for him because I hate him and he's this guy and the other side it's going to be, oh yeah, that's right. They're constantly trying to use the legal system to try to stop Trump from being president. I was kind of thinking, I'm going to vote. Now I'm absolutely going to vote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it will have some of that effect. Now, what in our we happen to share the opinion that what Trump did on January sixth was loathsome, loathsome and unforgivable. But this whole question has been so thoroughly litigated in the court of public opinion and the media and everything else. It's like, all right, Jack Smith says Trump didn't care about Mike Pence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard that at the time.
Speaker 1: So soft Air continuing, we have an important showbiz decision to make around Tim Walls.
Speaker 4: So we have for a variety of people like go to clips like we got Kamala Harris clips we play if we mentioned Kamala Harris and Joe Biden clips, you know of him fumbling and stumbling when we play him. Are Tim Walls has been the mind your own business. We got that mind your own damn business. So that's been a good go to for Tim Waller.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, mind your own damn business. Or maybe we use either of these two.
Speaker 9: So I've become friends with school shooters.
Speaker 4: I've become friends with school shooters. That's a pretty good one. But I'm dark.
Speaker 2: This one got so much attention out of the debate the other night.
Speaker 9: And I'm a knucklehead at times, right, So.
Speaker 2: That has become kind of his explanation for everything.
Speaker 9: And I'm a knucklehead at times.
Speaker 4: I'm a knucklehead at times, he said, which uh, one of my favorite pundits said, who among us hasn't forgotten whether or not they fought in a war, their rank, whether or not they used IVF to have children, or whether or not they were in a foreign country during one of the most famous events in modern history.
Speaker 2: Just a knucklehead at times.
Speaker 9: And I'm a knucklehead at times.
Speaker 2: What happens.
Speaker 1: So they're gonna trot out old man Walls to do some interviews and late night appearances and all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem.
Speaker 1: He seems to deflect most of the criticism legitimate In my mind, towards the things he said and done with self effacement.
Speaker 2: I'm a knucklehead of times. My wife tells me my grammar isn't so good.
Speaker 1: Well, at some point after you play the I'm just so dumb card, you know, people are gonna start saying, well, if you're not dumb, why are you running for high office?
Speaker 2: I don't want dumby guys in office.
Speaker 9: I'm so dumbhead at times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah, I'm just so freaking bone stupid that I do these things so I should be president.
Speaker 2: Or first in line to be president. That's a pretty good point. And I had.
Speaker 4: Another thing as on this whole. Tim Walls going on the shows doing, oh so sixty minutes is it this? To your next Sunday, had a deal to interview. There's gonna be a big sixty minutes episode in October. We're gonna have both candidates and their running mates on Harrison Wallas and Trump and Vance.
Speaker 2: There is an agreement. Trump has backed out.
Speaker 4: Now the reporting you know from the left, so is this true or not? Was that Trump didn't want didn't agree to, uh, real time fact checking, which you can picture Scott Pelly doing while he's interviewing Trump. But but I would imagine the reason that Trump's not agreeing to it, or as people told him, not agree to it, is You're gonna watch the sixty minutes episode. Kamala Harris is gonna say all kinds of things that either could really be disagreed with or at least kind of disagreed with, and they'll leave them alone. Whereas Trump every freaking freaking thing out of his mouth, they will fact check with their version of whether it's right or not, and they leave Kamala Harris alone. A bunch of people have pointed out since the debate the other night, Walls his claim about you mentioned this year today, his claim about the job saying easily could have been fact checked on how how many jobs were created or whatever. The claim that the middle class the Trump tax cuts only went to the rich. That has been debunked by Washington Post, New York Times, everybody. That's just not true, mostly middle class people. I mean, you could have easily fact checked that, but they let that one slide. Of course, the numbers on immigration that they claimed wildly.
Speaker 1: Walls unleashed what was characterized in at least one place as a howler about immigration, saying fewer people have crossed the border during the Harris Biden administration that did under Trump. And it's funny, Old Nora and Margaret.
Speaker 2: They let that one slide.
Speaker 4: They didn't fact check that one right where they were willing to fact check what jd. Vance said about Walls signing that bill into law in Minnesota about a late term abortion, and they were wrong on their fact check.
Speaker 2: They were just flat out wrong. So that's so freaking maddening.
Speaker 4: Why would Trump agree to go on sixty minutes, same network and say, Okay, yeah, so you're gonna you're gonna fact check me on everything I say, and you're gonna let them say whatever the hell they want, no matter how incredibly wrong it is. Why would you agree to that? Although it looks really bad because most people don't know this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, politics, all's fair in love, in politics. I mean, this is utterly unfair, but it's the warfare that is politics. You know what's interesting is I'd go ahead and send JD. Vance into that very situation because he'd beat them at their own game.
Speaker 4: Maybe Vance's maybe Advance is doing it. I haven't heard that specifically. If Trump and Vance aren't doing the sixty minutes.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Jd Vance is plenty capable of handling all of those situations. How about that moment in the debate. We didn't play this yesterday. How about that moment in the debate after Walls. It was during the gun conversation, and Walls mentioned that his seventeen year old witness to shooting, and jd. Vance turned to him and said, Wow, I'd never heard that about your son. God, I'm so sorry that happened. That was like as genuine a compassionate moment I can practically ever remember seeing a debate that was really striking.
Speaker 1: I thought, yeah, yeah, Virtually everybody I've talked to you, even in real life about the debate says at least they were like gentlemen about the whole thing. I think there's a greater taste for the civility as opposed to the bare knuckled a Trumpian style than it gets credit for.
Speaker 4: I don't know a lot of your big time have run campaigns. Pundits hated it, thought it was terrible. I'm both yeah, go ahead and play we have the.
Speaker 9: Clip, Governor, you have two minutes. Well, I think all the parents watching tonight, this is just your biggest nightmare. Look, I got a seventeen year old and he witnessed just shooting at a community center playing volleyball. Those things don't leave you.
Speaker 2: Senator Tim.
Speaker 1: First of all, I didn't know that your seventeen year old witness is shooting, and I'm sorry about that, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Christ have mercy.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: It is awful, even though I disagreed with both of them ultimately on that topic.
Speaker 2: But what was our point here? So what pundits hated it? What the civilized tone? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I've seen bunch of not pundits, people that have run campaigns, like your former campaign manager type people absolutely a mistake for even talking about their own side, like Democrat former campaign people saying miss big mistake by Walls by not nailing down vans and trying to be Minnesota nice when they should have blah blah blah. And people on the right who've run campaigns sing the same thing about Vance. No, here's an opportunity to absolutely smear him as a socialist, and he let him get away with coming off as a nice guy. So I thought that was interesting that your real hardcore political operatives hated the niceties, while the rest of us liked, Yeah, well, this shows you what those people are like. Well, politics is an ugly, grubby, a moral world, and everything is on the line for those people because you either have a job for the next two, four or six years where you're looking for work.
Speaker 1: Right, their only principle is to win. Just keep that in mind. Speaking politics, something obvious occurred to me. You give me long enough, I'll come up with the obvious about Donald J. Trump and the dock workers and that whole strike situation which is probably going to mess up the economy pretty significantly.
Speaker 4: We got another good clip from our guy who runs the union man.
Speaker 2: He is something else. Stay with us.
Speaker 4: We like the opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal today, Betley drivers of the world unite about the Betley driving guy who runs the union for the long sharman. And as we've been saying, if you don't want people to whisper about mob ties, try not to sound like a mobster.
Speaker 8: Now I have the President screaming at me, I'm putting a taff holly on.
Speaker 2: You go ahead, taft.
Speaker 8: Holly means I have to go back to work for ninety days after cooling you off.
Speaker 2: Period do you.
Speaker 8: Think when I go back to ninety days, those men are going to go to work on that pid. It's going to cost the money, the company's money to pay the salaries.
Speaker 2: Well, the one from thirty moves and now maybe the eight.
Speaker 8: They're gonna be like this, who's gonna win here In the long run, You're better off sitting.
Speaker 2: Down and let's.
Speaker 8: Get a contract and let's move on.
Speaker 2: With this world and today's world. I'll cripple you. I will cripple you. And you have no idea what that means.
Speaker 4: Wow, And the go like this, he puts his hand on his neck, suggesting that they're going to claim they're hurt so they don't have to move the stuff away, unload the containers, and everything like that.
Speaker 2: That is something that is some from thirty containers an hour to eight, that's some serious hardball right there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So one of the challenges of this job is that we're dealing with thirty stories at once and trying to get everything together for you.
Speaker 2: But we were talking about the fact that Donald J.
Speaker 1: Biden of course, has come out and say those hard working doctor workers deserve justice and income equality.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm with them all the way. Donald union.
Speaker 4: Joe Kama today late yesterday or today has said they need their fair share. Those big shipping companies are making billions of dollars record profits and the dock workers deserve their fair share of that.
Speaker 1: Right, And I was somewhat surprised to see Donald Jay say American workers should be able to negotiate for better wages, especially since the shipping companies are mostly.
Speaker 2: Foreign flag vessels.
Speaker 1: So he was making noises, you know, in favor of the striking workers. Now it's worth mentioning that most ocean carriers are foreign because union work rules have rendered US shipbuilding and shipping so incredibly expensive. That's uncompetitive globally. But having said that, the obvious occurred to me. Donald Jay is making a charitable noises like that because there is an unmistakable movement of blue collar and union workers moving to the Republican Party, and he doesn't want to upset the teamsters in Pennsylvania with saying even anything mildly critical about the dock worker guys, especially not right now. Absolutely, and he's probably figuring. And this is one of the things I wish i'd realized earlier.
Speaker 2: As a parent.
Speaker 1: You know, you got a kid who can't catch a cold, never mind a baseball, and they're utterly convinced they're going.
Speaker 2: To be a major league player or or whatever.
Speaker 1: And you might be tempted so their hopes aren't dashed cruelly by the world, to maybe try to talk him off that, right, you gotta be really, really careful, because their dreams are gonna get dashed. Sure enough. It can either be you or the world who dashes them. And it's a tough balancing, you know, you know, maybe you'd be there to put a hand around their shoulder when the world tells them, hey, you suck at baseball, all right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Having said that, Donald J.
Speaker 1: Realizes this is going to get worked out, and it could be painful, it could be expensive, it could threw up the economy, and sooner or later they're going to strike a deal, whether I open my hap or not. So maybe I just say, hey, they're working people built America and they should be able to negotiate, which is true obviously.
Speaker 2: Just stay the hell out of it.
Speaker 4: They play sixty five again, because there's that one part I want to get on.
Speaker 2: There, Sisters and brothers of the ISLA.
Speaker 8: I am disgusted to hear the comment South Carolina Governor Henry mcmastus made in his State of the State address in late January attacking labor union and IOLA and.
Speaker 2: Particularly that's what we wanted and particularly, And he is not the poet laureate. He's a dock workers union guy, Joe.
Speaker 4: Who Bentley and has a seventy foot yacht and lives in a two million dollar house.
Speaker 2: It's seventy six feet seventy feet. Please armstrong and Getty