Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 4: Players Lounge coming your way via Aristocrat Gaming here at the SWBC Podcast Studios, Risk Go Texas Home Up the Dallas Cowboys, the Cruise, heck.
Speaker 2: Ma Harrison, Barry Church, former Dallas Cowboys safety.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as we dive into for a lot of topics, Sadri. Yes, the Eagles are Super Bowl champions as heck prediction as Barry Church, you predicted that they would be Super Bowl champions. Heckmany you had Philadelphia winning. Yeah that was big man. Uh Church, I don't know where you were, but you did. I did pick phil pick Philly to win. So there you go, so so good on you. Good on, Yes, sir, Yes, I picked Cansas City and.
Speaker 5: Which was confusing, which was I'm gonna go back to I'm gonna go back to it because you rode so hard, not just with Jalen Hurst but just with what Howie Roseman and the Eagles were doing from the beginning beginning of season.
Speaker 2: You rolled with them.
Speaker 5: And when it got down to the end, you you you something happened.
Speaker 2: I'll redo it again. You got some information.
Speaker 4: And I said, you know the Eagles with their defense, you know, I love the defense, and but I didn't trust the coaching taking Andy Reid over Nick Sirianni and Patrick Mahomes being Patrick Mahomes. When is Mahomes lost these these types of games. It was when todm brady be it when he was in New England and when he was in Tampa.
Speaker 2: That's when he's said, until I see.
Speaker 4: It happened, I gotta keep rolling with it despite knowing that you know, usually number one defense Barkley, that usually gets you done. But and I was wrong. And you know what, there's two things that happened out of this. One happy for Jalen Hurts. All the negative stuff that it was, you know, pretty fun when you go on social media and all the people who were.
Speaker 2: Killing this key, killing killing this kid man.
Speaker 5: I mean looking at me like that, what did you you know?
Speaker 2: You know you were you were, you were in the mall. It was right like January sixth, that you're not gonna do it? Back up? Back up? Hello, holdo, hold up, hold up. I was I was all up, all up you see killing that black quarterback.
Speaker 4: So so it's definitely happy for the kid, yes, may sci fi man proud, but also just for the fact that you just when the first.
Speaker 2: Time in the Eagles played the Pagers, I picked them to win.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe if this happens, the man upstairs who owns and.
Speaker 2: The generalman, maybe thattle just kind of hey, man, we need spend money. Spend the money. Got him because Eagles spend his money. Spend the money, spend some money. So what did the Eagle when you saw them win? Are you okay?
Speaker 5: I'm good, I'm okay now, thank you, thank you for the been to the Super Bowl now past couple of years three times.
Speaker 4: Two, one, two, and three with two different coaches different, two different quarterbacks, two differents running backs, basically different different defensive mind yeah, two different teams kind of you know you think about it, that's wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's I guess what's happened when he spent a little bread man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, So they hired Dug Peterson and Nick Sirianni and look what it got on man. During that time, you had, you know, Jason Garrett, Mike McCarthy, But you had a guy.
Speaker 2: Here, Yeah, you had you fight you here, you just had him here.
Speaker 5: He told to get out the middle, get out here, don't get out of the building, and he got fired at the next job he went to.
Speaker 2: He did do that. Then he went to Philadelphia and ends up. I got come on, we got come on now, come on. But now while guys y'all gonna start off like, whoa, what's so on? What can I that? I can't see that now, man, I can't say that now, what's wrong? What's the issue? Listen?
Speaker 5: Okay, you were about to ask a question, you get you got side tracked. Yes, you were asking I forgot to let him get his flo got know what happened? Can we talk about what happened?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: Look, you know, I will say this. It's hard to mess up something. It's hard to make it. Go ahead, go ahead, go ahead. When you have a running game that allows you to be balanced, allows you come on, you a defensive guy. So you absolutely saw what play Action was doing in Kansas City?
Speaker 2: Are keeping up? Look, I'll tell you what this is. What he did.
Speaker 5: He did not get fancy. He stayed within himself. He played, he stayed true to the scheme, and he didn't double, reverse, flee, flicker anything crazy. And I give Kellen credit for that. He did not go away from it. He had he carved him up. He exposed a lot of what Kansas City's defense had been doing all season. Okay, but he didn't get fancy. And what have we seen Kellen do over the years get to fancy band in the run? He stuck to Even with thirty yards in the first half, he still stuck to the run. And he's still allowed for Jalen Hurts to do exactly what was in his wheelhouse and make the throws, not crazy throws, but exploit the one on ones.
Speaker 2: He did that the entire game. That's so, That's soll Kellen. No this one said.
Speaker 5: I'm saying that Kellen through the playoffs, they they went through a gauntlet also, and so through the playoffs, man, he played it.
Speaker 2: Straight to his vest. He didn't do anything tricky.
Speaker 5: And I think that having Saquon Barkley as a running back really benefited him.
Speaker 4: I mean, we got we gotta we can't ignore that. Do you look at the number rushing yards. I can't remember what it was during the game, but it was like the most we'd ever seen in a in a season when you added all of the games twenty five hundred yards. Yes, they played, they played one more regular season game. But just from the standpoint of what he did, Kellen Moore did a good job in making sure where they stayed with this is what we do.
Speaker 2: We run the ball.
Speaker 4: This was something that had been used against him that he flipped the script. And he's now the head coach for.
Speaker 2: The New Orleans Saints.
Speaker 4: So what he was told he wasn't and could not do almost fit along there with Jalen Hurts. Hey, they say we're this. We've just showed you where that and for the rest of their lives, nobody can say Jalen Hurts and Kellen Moore can't do it.
Speaker 2: So you hit your fly. I just wanted y'all to say, the man did a good They hit your fly. He did agree good job.
Speaker 7: He did a wonderful job not messing it up as an offensive coordinator. He did exactly what a great offensive coordinator would do it And.
Speaker 4: I give him credit for that because so many times we've seen people who have done that very thing and messed it up.
Speaker 7: Oh, we can go to the Guntlet look at the Baltimore Ravens and we're going they get to the playoffs, they think this corference, the cordator thinks he's too good for.
Speaker 2: This, that and the third. We're gonna switch everything up. You look at the Kansas City Chiefs. Even with Andy Reid, you run the ball for three times?
Speaker 5: He was were he hell HeLa, hold he holloway wait wait wait wait wait wait hey, hey, hold on hello.
Speaker 2: Andy knew from the first quarter he couldn't run the ball to Philly. Yeah, twenty five rushes for fifty seven. You can't run the ball.
Speaker 5: And if you try to run the ball, look what happened, You got forty burged on you, multiple interceptions.
Speaker 2: We like, you gotta have some type of balance. If they would have tried to run the ball, they got to be sixty to twitter.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I'll just say, if they tried to run the ball, it would not have been as bad because they'd have used more than clock. Okay, but you were still leading that game because they had that number one defense on all three levels. Just came vic vic Fangio. Had he had he had he had the answer to the test.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen, I ain't not the same hold on but Vic Dangil had Bluebrint the blueprint.
Speaker 2: Hey, but oh it's the Cowboy looked up. But how hard is it?
Speaker 5: How hard is it when you have Jalen Carter in the middle of your of your defense being triple team sweat is eating guys on the outside of me? Come on, when you got a guy that's a space eater like that, that's what you need. That's the when we say our one technique, our three technique, look at look no.
Speaker 2: Further than what they're doing in Philly in the middle of their defense.
Speaker 4: Which leads me back to what I was gonna ask. When you watch this game, what did you see from their football team that won a world championship that you say, Okay, this is where the Cowboys need to look at because the first thing you have to do is try to win.
Speaker 2: Your division absolutely right away. You got to do that. Philadelphia is the standard.
Speaker 4: Washington is coming up right behind Philadelphia, and to me, it's the D line. I have harped on this since last year doing this show. You you brought in Mike Zimmer, you didn't have what Mike Zimmer needed upfront at all.
Speaker 2: He liked big people. You didn't have big people.
Speaker 4: Then when the people they brought in, these dudes off couches couldn't really give you much, they gave you what they could. I'm not gonna get mad at them. They'll be mad at They'll be mad at folks that hire them. Philadelphia's front four was able to get after Patrick Mahomes and allow Zach Bahn.
Speaker 2: And Cooper Dejean to do what they did.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, the Cowboys still have an issue, in my opinion, on the defensive line, where we're talking about these tackles and the ability to stop, to run and create pressure.
Speaker 5: In the same vein that you're talking about your draft to beat your division. I'm looking at that game and I'm saying to any draft expert for the Dallas Cowboys, it's talking about Ashon gent or any wide receiver and their first two picks first three, I'm like, you're delusional. You're not watching what's happening in the NFC East right now. If you're not talking offensive or defensive line with those first two picks, then you're missing the boat. Because what's gonna happen next year That young defensive line that is already a Super Bowl champion. They're doing nothing but gaining more confidence. They're gonna come to the table now. Howie Roseman doesn't have anything to do but add the more pieces to what he already has. And we are compromised. Off You look at where we are, Zach Martin talking about you know he will come back, or he's thinking about what, you know, whatever it is. Where you are at the center position, where you are on the offense, at the left and right tackle position.
Speaker 2: You're compromising every way. Coming into a new regime with a new coach.
Speaker 5: If you do not solidify free agent draft offensive line and defensive line, you're fooling yourself.
Speaker 7: It's around and to me, I go back to something I said a couple of weeks ago. One side of the ball has to become the option that you go with. And I'm not saying it has to be dominant, but it has to be head and shoulder above the other side. Because you have too many holes on both sides of this football team to be able to say, all right, we're gonna do it all that once we're gonna fill both sides. It's just not gonna work out. That way, you've got to pick a side that you want to be dominant and when you want to lean this football team on. And for me, I'm with NWI on this one. When you talk about the defensive line, I mean you got you gotta star and Parsons. We all understand that. But outside of Parsons, you gotta figure something else out because we know that one man cannot just you know, defeat the NFC East.
Speaker 2: You gotta have some help on that side.
Speaker 7: And to me, you gotta make sure you figure out that defensive line or offensive line because that's where games are one.
Speaker 2: Which is in the trenches.
Speaker 4: So let's take a break. When we come back, let's talk about some additions that they've made in the coaching staff, and let's start diving into what we're talking about. Your big concern your offensive line and being able to get right in the trenches on both sides. But we'll start on offense then we'll flip it later on.
Speaker 2: In defense.
Speaker 4: Heres we talk about the Cowboys moving forward with Heck Maharrison Barry Church of New He scrugs, this is the player's not about to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 8: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gambl e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys Game Day is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official spiced drama of the NFL. The NFL season is full of legendary tales on and off the field, and when you follow the Captain within you stories become stuff of legends. So gather your crew and visit follow Thecaptain dot com to begin your adventure. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Drum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan Rum Company, New York, New York.
Speaker 8: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and Right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars orders.
Speaker 2: Because every deal needs a playmaker.
Speaker 8: Your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites in a full sized intense therapy witball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 9: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules Raising Canes Chicken Fingers one love, Go.
Speaker 2: Cowboys to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Come on out to at and T Stadium on February twenty second for the Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship Series. Watch the world's best two will racers converge for one night on a non stop for NonStop action. Enjoy unprecedented access to the sports biggest stars within up close view of their race bikes and team rigs at FanFest. Tickets are on sale now at seak geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Heck Maharrison. Some sports are just better when you're there. TV doesn't do it justice. There you go, all right, Heck Maharrison is in the house. It got Barry Church Hory cowboy safety. I am you.
Speaker 2: We scrugs players, Louche brought you by Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 4: All right, we're talking about the offensive line and talking about trying to get yourself straight on the trench.
Speaker 2: Because you're looking at we're kind of basing this off Philadelphia winning the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: What are some things you need to do because this is the standard right now in the league, and how you do it.
Speaker 2: You gotta win your division.
Speaker 4: So Brian shott Hiven, new head coach, who wants to run the football that is his history, is bringing in offensive coordinator Clayton Adams, who was the old line coach at Arizona. They wanted to run the ball there. Their offensive line coach is Connor Riley, who worked at Kansas State. Kansas State, he was played up there. I was at a game this year up there.
Speaker 2: They run.
Speaker 4: They're good upfront. Cooper bebe or starting center is a guy that Riley has some work with. So they're going to run the football. Your concern was the offensive line. I don't know if they're going to use a top two draft pick on an offensive lineman. You have so many holes? What maybe what Brian Schottenheimer and Clayton Adams and Connor Riiley are saying, let's look at what we have.
Speaker 2: How do we make it better? Not going to give up on guy. No, you're not. He's the first round pick on it.
Speaker 4: And I think if you get you get Will McClay one on one, he'll he'll talk about it and say, we we thought this was a project.
Speaker 2: We like the player, and.
Speaker 4: If I just try to be mister positivity, go ahead. They tell you the biggest growth is from year one to year two. The process now for Guidon has to be number one. Look at himself. Are you going to do the work that needs to be done to get better, get stronger? Do those things on him? Then the other part is the coaches. How did the coaches help unlock what his talent is? Terrence Steals another question, does this coaching change help him? If you look at what Arizona had, they had a mix. You know, they had some they had some highly drafted guys, they had some they had some better. You know, they had to mix a guy. It wasn't just like, hey man, here's here's Zach Martin.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: His Travis Frederick and here's times we got three number one guy. They didn't have all that. So figure out how you make that mix work, because a lot of teams have made it work mixing it. So to me that right there, hekma is what do these three men do in terms of what they have for right now?
Speaker 5: I think ideally you come into every game telling yourself that you could run the ball. The Cowboys came with that approach last season, and they quickly found out that they couldn't because they didn't have the pieces upfront. And if you're not going to give up on guid and that's fine, I'm not asking them too. Just what I don't want the Cowboys to do anymore is reach in the draft at the first pick Okay, you've done that two years in a row. You've reached, reached on a guy that was going to be playing in the scheme that you were not currently playing. You reached on a guy that didn't have a lot of reps at the position that you were going to put.
Speaker 2: Don't reach.
Speaker 5: If a guy is a left guard in college, he's going to be a left guard in the pros.
Speaker 2: Let's not try and make him a tight end. All right.
Speaker 5: Bring this guy in and let him be who he is. Let his talent flourish right now, guiding wherever he is. If you listen to the show man, get in the weight room, getting the weight room, gets stronger, build yourself up, because I think strength was the biggest part of his game that was missing, and when he tried to when he was in, you could just tell he just wasn't ready for that pro level strength. If they're gonna move him out to right, okay, that's yet to be seen. But Terren Steel, his play has completely dropped from what we've seen over the previous years. And at this new offense, this new regime is believing that the Cowboys can run the ball with the five that we saw last season. Then how like, what are you gonna do different with this group of guys unless you mix in another one of those players, like you said, Arizona has a mix of guys. This is maybe a one end with but you gotta get a dog mentality up front because you don't have it. Guys were catching all season. Teams were taking advantage of them, they were sending blitzes. They were in the run I mean, we're come away with from games twenty six yards in the rushing games.
Speaker 4: You're heck man, I mean, and I'm not here to sit up here at all say you're wrong. This is why there has been a coaching change, and this is why you're looking at these three new men here, because you had a guy who.
Speaker 2: Was committed to throwing the ball. Ye okay, Matt. I mean, at the end of the day, we think about Ezekiel Ellie. In the end of Ezekiel.
Speaker 4: When they hired Mike McCarthy, his contract really became a bad contract because you went from a running back who's supposed to be the centerpiece of a team to a guy who wants to throw the football and his history was always about doing that. With Brett Fahr and Aaron Rodgers when he was with the Packers.
Speaker 5: I just want to add this this last piece. All I'm asking for is execution in the running game. The new coaches, let's execute.
Speaker 2: That's that's it.
Speaker 5: We find out if we're gonna stay with ric o'dodell, what type of run scheme works best for him. Every running back is in one size fits all type runner and Barkley all you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And so God you have Let's find out what this guy likes and let's execute what he does well. And that's what I didn't see last season from the running attack. And when you're not committed to the run and you let's be honest. Okay, we we didn't sugarcoated on this show. We talked about, Man, this doesn't look good. Run game didn't look good. Who what you were trying to run out there with these running backs?
Speaker 2: Look good? You play fantacy football this year? When when did the Cowboy running backs get drafted? If they did, it was late.
Speaker 4: And if you play fantasy football and you and you live here, normally you get the CD Land win.
Speaker 2: Like people the Cowboys get got early and and and look people looking at running backs. Yeah, you waiver. Why not the waiver right eventual, let me get right.
Speaker 4: So so even the fans who just playing games, we're like, so, so figure that out and I'll switch it into this.
Speaker 2: Okay. And we talked before Ashton Genty, who heck mccovered.
Speaker 4: In high school for Skoll lone star out of Boise State, your Dope Walk Reward winner.
Speaker 2: He could potentially be there at twelve.
Speaker 4: Most people who do this draft ranking thing think Ashton Genty is the best running back in the draft.
Speaker 2: You get a running back of of good talent.
Speaker 4: You see what Sakwon Barkley did in Philly where he they went Super Bowl to the Giants, where he helped this sorry team at least just live and.
Speaker 2: When he left he saw it right, fell out of it.
Speaker 4: So a good running back can help your offense, can help your quarterback, can help your defense because you can run the ball and take time off the clock.
Speaker 2: I do think they got to get better on the defensive line.
Speaker 4: But if you tell me they went running back, I would not HECKMA say oh no, because in some ways, if you do that part right, you can help your defensive line.
Speaker 2: I still think the defensive line is booty.
Speaker 6: This is not.
Speaker 2: This ain't gonna win.
Speaker 4: But if could you sell me this and me say, okay, I mean Nate Newton, the great Nate Newton we all love, won three Super Bowl He's like man Emmet got here all of a sudden, I was pro. I was the Pro Bowl lineman before that. You know, when they was running out Paula, you're too young, Paul Palmer, he was just the guy.
Speaker 2: He comes in it. Nate hal So So so it's not it's not that crazy. We saw it with Ezekiel Elliott.
Speaker 4: Ezekiel Elliott made a difference, and to the credit of the organization, they decided to run the ball. They're going back to that. They're saying, Okay, we're gonna make it a premium. We're gonna figure this out. Awesome Richards, who we didn't talk about as an offensive lineman. Hacken, there's another young man to consider that you put in this thing. So that's why I'm sitting to myself in maybe offensive line the first shoe resist is something you need to do. Maybe you look at what we have like a chef, what are the ingredients that I got right here? How got I put the most seasoning here? Or I put this, How do I help put these guys in better position? Because right out of the gate, they're going to go from pass mode to run mode.
Speaker 2: You gotta have more season in that back for sure. Lowry just put the whole old Bay in.
Speaker 4: Like p that holy voodoo to meet chr You got Uncle White Blanco, whatever you do.
Speaker 2: Yes, you gotta have season in there.
Speaker 7: Because when you look at when the Cowboys had their best years when I was here in fourteen, we had DeMarco Murray, Sure we went sixteen, Ezekiel Elliott showed up, you know, eighteen they had you know, Zeke near balling as well. And you look on the defensive side of the ball in fourteen, you know, we was led by George menci In, George Selvey, you know, but we had that on the offensive side of the football where they can take the time they needed, they can own time of possession, and they rested that defense.
Speaker 2: So we had to come out there. We was fresh, We was ready to roll.
Speaker 7: So that's why when you when you look in the backfield, you gotta have somebody that's a little bit dynamic. Nothing against ric O'Donnell, but he was a you know, straight line. My holes here, I gotta go hit this hole. Sometimes you need guys that are they're not gonna follow the coaching exactly right. They're gonna look at it, They're go and use their vision, and they're gonna make something out of nothing. And that's what I think we were kind of lacking last year in the run game, where later on in the season, yeah it picked up rical you know, got over a thousand yards, But when you look at it, we gotta have that guy to make something out of nothing that'll make guys mistackles in the backfield. And that's what Demo and Zeke those are great running backs. Don't get you a great runningacks, but those were those type of guys can do to an organization and to an offense. So to me, you gotta have a little bit more seasoning back there. So I don't know which way you you you dice it first. Do you look at the officer line, because granted, you know, and and when we had Demo and Zeke, you had Frederick Zach Martin, the young Tyron Smith, so.
Speaker 2: Maybe they had a lot to do with it. But to me, I don't know which way you attack it first. Didn't have a bunch of spares. You had a bunch of guys.
Speaker 5: That offensive line was what it was, Ezekiel Elliott, he walked into a great situation with an offensive line that was pushing guys to the gatorade buckets. I'm just saying, for a guy like Ashton Genty, what you're talking about as far as that vision and ability to break off runs he has that You've seen it at a level at Boise State, and I think you're almost tempted to make that pick at twelve, but you need so many other things. So if you bring in an Ashton Genty, how effective can he be behind an offensive line that wasn't allowing for even a D level running back to flourish.
Speaker 4: I don't want to make an excuse. I just want us to kind of remember what we saw and what could be.
Speaker 6: This year.
Speaker 2: You saw a Zach Martin deteriorate.
Speaker 4: Okay, absolutely, you were expecting another all Pro performance right guard.
Speaker 2: You did not get it. He was hurt. He's even talking about not coming back. So that was one spot.
Speaker 4: Next to Zach is a center who's never played it before, who play guard, who played guard, was All American guard at Kansas State. So you put him at center, so he had an adjustment and there are times when teams were able to take advantage of that. Then you go over to your left tackle. You put a right tackle in college and a left tackle and he struggled. So you had three spots that had warts. BB got better during the year. Obviously we saw with Geyton there are times they put Austin Richards there. So that's happened last year. That's why I talk about these three men here. You're offensive coach, office coordinator, you're head coach who want.
Speaker 2: To run the football.
Speaker 4: That's their job right now to get in this offseason and say, hey, what is it that we think we can do, what we think we can improve and how can we get these two younger guys better? And oh, by the way, at Austin Richards into this mix. So maybe it's between Richards and Geiton of what they try to figure out at this left tackle spot and then the center spot. And this would be a great conversation to have. Do you leave BB there or do you put BB it right guard? Or do you decide to at some point in time to address right guard, do you go in for it?
Speaker 2: What do you do you have?
Speaker 4: These these are things you've got to try to fix. But that's the job here, especially as you want to run the ball.
Speaker 5: And I think to me and Louie, I think from just my experience, man, I think that run blocking is easier for offensive linemen. This is something that they love to do, running downhill on guys. And when you're when you're a team that doesn't run, you have guys that don't run block, well, it really isn't.
Speaker 2: A lot of space to go any anywhere else.
Speaker 5: And so, like I said, the execution for me is give me my five best offensive linemen that love to get dirty on Sunday, that love to mow guys down. Because that's what I that's what I saw last Sunday from Philadelphia. They got to the point, even with Jones over there, mowing these guys down all the way to the second level. You know, we didn't get that type of aggression offensive whether it was we were playing with a fifth round guy, none of those. When I think of offensive line, I'm just saying to myself, at the least you ought to be able to just go straight and put your hands on this guy and open up a hole, or at least give this guy sliver of room.
Speaker 2: We didn't have that.
Speaker 5: And so when I we could go through those awesome Richers, we could go through all of those different names. But if we're not putting the five best guys out there to give us an opportunity to win, and I know this is just no brainer here, we're fooling ourselves. Man, We're going back to the same thing. We're gonna have the same result next year that we had this year.
Speaker 2: Y'all. I think some of that was forced.
Speaker 7: Like when you look at just Chris the highest draft picking there, because when you had a guy in Hoffman. Now I'm not saying he's the greatest center of all time, but that was a guy that was nasty, rogue runner greater and you just just see when he was on that offsive line when Connor BB Cooper b Cooper Cooper BB went down whatever.
Speaker 2: That guy had some nasty to him.
Speaker 5: He stepped into the will Awesome Richards played with Camp like it's just like all camp. And I heard you talk about Austin Richards during camp, you and Nate talking about Austin Richards during camp, and then when the season starts, they put Guidon back in there, and it's like and yeah, and you, being a former NFL player, you know.
Speaker 2: Where guy stock is.
Speaker 5: When he's taken as a first round pick, you're gonna have more more rope to fail than another guy would.
Speaker 2: And they just didn't give Austin Richards a shot. And it's a new day.
Speaker 4: It's a new day talking about the Cowboys offensive line and a commitment to the run game. And I think we have to start to talk about that when you start to look at Hope and say, Okay, what happened under the past under Mike McCarthy's that's the past because Mike was a passing guy. Now you're gonna bringing Brian shott Hiber who is committed to the run and the highers they've made so far. Tell tell Cowboy fans look for the run. I do think the first thing you've got to do is look and say, what is in the toolbox that we have of offensive alignment.
Speaker 2: Let's look in here. How do you make some of these guys better?
Speaker 4: How do you put some of these guys in a differ position way that look at that, then decide to make whatever editions you want to. Maybe it's just a simple as signing. Maybe there's a couple of offensive linemen that our veterans think about, like a guy like brock Hoffman. I could easily see brock Hoffman leaving and somebody else saying, hey, look look at the little bit of nasty and we want to get asked something.
Speaker 2: We want that.
Speaker 4: So the fact that you're at least saying we want to run the ball changes the mentality from what you had before, and you may value some things differently of what you talked about. Heck, hey man, this dude wanted to go into he wanted to get getting a dog on.
Speaker 2: Phone booth, a fight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you if you don't want to fight because you want to pass like, it's a different kind of guy. So that's why I'm very eager to see what it is they do and what the mentality they have. And then with a guy like Guidon, what can he do to get better? Tear Steel was had a rough rookie and then he approved in her too. That's what I said, And I'm not I'm not trying to be happy happy go go guy, but I am just saying, this is what you have to do in the league today. If you're trying to win, you can't just throw everybody out.
Speaker 5: And go back to Philadelphia people that hadn't even talked about the fact that their star center retired before the season, and that wasn't even something that I mean, obviously Saquan is go back to what Saquon doing in the vision that you're talking about a guy like that. The hole's not there, it's over here in his ability to redirect based off of that. But that's a big hole in your offensive line that's missing that seemingly nobody even missed this dudey.
Speaker 4: Hall of Fame center, yes gone, and Kellen Moore and company plugged it in. Now I'm gonna just say this, just say this real quick. And we talked about Ashton Genty HEGMA brings up the great point Hall of Fame Center gone, outstanding running back there that you didn't miss him because he's got that much talent that you could plug in a guy, because when you got that much talent, you're gonna make that guy look a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now with Kelsey there, maybe he does break Eric Dickinson's record, but it was dog gone good enough to put a ring on you, because that's what a special.
Speaker 2: Running back can do.
Speaker 4: Lots of great stuff there they're gonna have options in the first round. All right, we got one more break to take. Then we'll get back here and dive into some maybe some defensive stuff here. Also wide receiver. I'm just gonna throw this out here because we did it yesterday on the media. Mash so heg Maharrison, Barry Church.
Speaker 2: I'm new. Let's throw about wide receiver twelve.
Speaker 4: Would you let's dive into a next right here on the players ie bout you by risk of crag gam.
Speaker 2: Me, how do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti store? Letter rip Troy.
Speaker 10: All right, folks, let's get started with the Yeddi French Press and Jorge Calvin This day's hot for hours and French Press thirty four rounds for U six to four with the cruise of yetty French Press. What mixed waterproof bags, bags of waterproof some werst waterproof devils, water proved back by esports mostly water should get water prove YETI bay golot smell something cooking pole new cash iron skillets made to be passed down like marbles.
Speaker 2: Resciple.
Speaker 10: You take a steak, Cornbeck commerce, popt pine and potatoes. Next oval, well three sizer of yetty cash, iron skillers.
Speaker 2: Gear gifts, and product experts.
Speaker 11: Visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 1: Today life is a.
Speaker 6: Workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 8: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 8: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black. Dot Com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 2: Hey, Cowboy fans.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 9: Prescott keats it slides with the first down.
Speaker 11: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect pro.
Speaker 2: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 1: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: The most action packed motorsport experience in the world, returns to Arlington. Head to ATAT Stadium on Saturday, March eighth for Monster Jam. Get ready to cheer, scream, and be amazed as Massive Monster Jam trucks takeover Arlington. Tickets are on sale now at seat geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 2: All Right, gotta take a little man that like that man is so good.
Speaker 4: Heckmararison in him in the house, very church from a cowboy safety in the house.
Speaker 2: I knew he struck.
Speaker 4: So we had this conversation on the media, mash yet cowboys at twelve. Now we've talked about trenches, especially considering what Philadelphia did do trenches, trenchwork.
Speaker 2: The name Teed McMillan from Arizona.
Speaker 4: From Arizona, six foot five, twelve, he came to Fort Worth to play in Arizona's not good home boy still, but he's still getting his He is a difference maker. And then the conversation was hell, okay, heckman, this is a good right you talked about.
Speaker 2: Don't go for me. When you draft for need you get into problem Tech McMillan.
Speaker 4: If he's sitting here at twelve, a lot of people think this is the best wide receiver in the draft.
Speaker 2: You do, we do.
Speaker 4: We talked about it with CD in the eighties last year. If the best player on your board is Tech McMillan and you're sitting here at twelve, what do you do?
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 7: If you had a Joe Burrow at the quarterback position, who we've seen with no offensive line gets getting destroyed but still able to put up crazy numbers and still able to carry his team to the promised land. I would say, okay, go what you need to make his life easier. But you know, right now we don't. We don't have Joe Brow at the quarterback position. And to me, that means you got a solidifier guys in front. That way, he can use that play action, he can use some type of ground game to help this offense be productive. So to me, like I just said, if you had that guy in the back there, you know, throwing the football around, Okay, yeah, do that, but right now we do we do.
Speaker 2: We don't have that.
Speaker 5: You know, we don't have that souter point that now Well, the thing is is that Jalen Hurts has given me the he's given and I'm basing this off of the talent around him. He's given me hope that Dak could get it done because of what's around him.
Speaker 2: You need talent, you do. You need talent, and.
Speaker 5: You if I can get a guy that can back that safety off of CD, if I can get a guy that can make that nickel corner not double t if I can get a guy that changes the dynamic of what defenses are doing to us, then I think that pick is worth it.
Speaker 2: But you got to be one of those generational.
Speaker 5: Kind of talents that come in and you can have an instant impact in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I'm not opposed to it.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you based off of what I see Philly doing and the Commander's doing. We need offensive line, we need defensive line. You got to all right, I'm and I'm with you, but I'm saying a guy that makes defenses back off. Ashton Genty Again, we don't know what it would be at this level for him. Obviously outstanding college career, but you have to have guys. You have to put talent around Dak Prescott. He doesn't have a whole ton of talent around him right now.
Speaker 4: Let me take both of what you guys have said and kind of molded into this. If you used your twelfth pick on Tech McMillan, this is a draft full of running backs.
Speaker 2: He's a very good running back draft.
Speaker 4: So if you took a Tech McMillan, you put him and CD Lamb out there, you go get yourself another running back.
Speaker 2: We talked before in the last segment about the three men.
Speaker 4: Your Schottenheimer, Clayton Adams, and then the old d Old line coach at k State. Trying to figure out how you make this group that you have already here of offensive line, how do you make it better?
Speaker 2: You need talent, I.
Speaker 4: Mean just okay, they figure out how to make the offensive line work with what they've got, maybe ad a little bit more, but try to figure out what you got, Ceedee Lamb, Ted McMillan. Let's say you take the kid from Arizona State, or you take the kids, you take the kid of Caroline. I mean, there's there's a bunch of running backs on you and and maybe you give Rico o'dalald or, you know, a little contract here. This does what Heckma talked about. Give him some help. Jared Golf for two years has looked good because they have.
Speaker 2: Given him help along that offensive line, on.
Speaker 4: The offensive line, at the running back position, at the wide receiver, at the You got a great offensive line, you got good running You've used first round pick on running back, first round pick on tight end, your second round pick was used on a wide receiver. Then then they to the other cat was good from Alabama. I mean They've put talent all around it. Jalen Hurts and what you're talking they've put talent all around it is a he Iphy ward winning smith. Here's aj Brown, Dallas Goddard is a good time. I saw him the place San Diego State when he came to put hoarse play Tacu. I mean they've put talent right, and then you put Barkley. Everybody's doing that. Everyone doing not everybody.
Speaker 2: So that's winning. We need everybody.
Speaker 5: I love how you looked at me what I was talking about, Jaylor Hurson and like where you going with this?
Speaker 2: Doctor?
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, that's what I'm talking about. When it comes down to those teams are to getting to the next level. Look at the rams and what they're doing. They're able to let go of guys or facilitate trades for other guys because they know the guys that they've drafted. They still have plenty of talent they you know, on defense and on offense with pooking the cool and they're running back as well. I mean, so teams are able to bring in quarterbacks or or have a quarterback with maybe B level arm but man if I can get guys around you where you just can't message up.
Speaker 2: We can run the ball. We got an offensive line that can mow you down. You know.
Speaker 5: Look, that's time of possession. Our defense get out of here and they hunt and they could cover up all the awards.
Speaker 2: Come on, give me that. You gotta have those special pieces. You look at Washington, those special pieces. They got a special guy at the quarterback. You got scary tear.
Speaker 4: But if you don't have a quote unquote special guy, your job is to go put the pieces around the player, and you give the player enough, then you rise the boat. In the case of Jalen Hurts, they put enough around it and when called to make the plays. The guy in two Super Bowls has out played Patrick Mahomes and so give him enough talent.
Speaker 2: And that's that's your thing. If I if I do this, do that. Don't ask dak to go be Mahomes and go make guys. Don't ask him to do that.
Speaker 5: And Jalen Hurst showed you that on third down when everything broke down and he could have made to throw, what did he do.
Speaker 2: He tucked that sandwich and went ran with it.
Speaker 5: He's stuck with what he does best, and those are the thing is that just kept pushing Philadelphia forward in the Super Bowl. He's pushed them forward through the NFC Championship, through the playoffs. I mean that talent around them, around Jalen Hurts is the reason why he was the MVP of the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Next time when we meet, we'll have to dive more into the defense and how you help Matt Eberflus And clearly he needs a three technique, he needs he needs horse.
Speaker 2: To second level. There's there's a lot and that's that's the thing about this football team.
Speaker 4: Despite Dak Prescott saying this week with Troy Man the Children's gala that you know they're not that far away and they beating these two.
Speaker 2: Yeah close, it's that new hope that.
Speaker 11: That was.
Speaker 2: That was, But we get to that next that man like oh Barry Liz ran Soundine on TV match trying not to la. That's different onto the Mavericks.
Speaker 4: Somebody I was telling themselves they close talk about the Maverick talking about a pack.
Speaker 2: We doing here a whole two weeks for meek Man, Thank goodness, pictures and catches reported.
Speaker 4: Talking about baby, Barry Church, Jazz, Chris Josh, everybody makes things happen right here Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you for talking to you next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.