Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbal.
Speaker 2: Call that for me. I'm a man, I'm forty. I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy. You want to be happy for a day? Edith State? Is that woo woof?
Speaker 1: And then and tie Welcome back to the solid rubble boys and girls. My name is Ty hilden Brand, joining me as always over there, beautiful albeit humid Chicago Land, the one, the only. Dan Rubenstein, sir, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm great? Are you? You're not in Allentown anymore? Because like that's that you used to say in beautiful Alan, like you made illusions to But you are not an Allentown anymore.
Speaker 1: Technically speaking, No, but I am very close. I'm a stone's throw from South Allentown.
Speaker 2: It's like, is there a like a you know, there's like a tri state area. Is there like a a name for the area that you're in, like that that brings together, bridges together a number of different places.
Speaker 1: I'm in the Lehigh Valley, You're in the lee High Valley. I le High Valley, which Bethlehem, Allentown Easton are our big Easton of course of Lafayette Fame, Bethlehem of Lehigh fame, Allentown, of Yako's fame, if we're being honest, the lee High Valley. Yeah, that's my area, the God's Triangle. That's right, That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: That what everybody, all the locals call it. Okay, I just I like that clarity. I don't know, you know, because you're you're just you're moving around. You're a very your mobile person. You have a house, you have a pet. You know, you're a grown up. So I like to know these things.
Speaker 1: I am a grown up, and I am wearing my sweaty horror gall golf attire that I wore at a golf tournament earlier today amid the human conditions here in the Lehigh Valley.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing a University of Vermont Catamounts T shirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course. Well, look, welcome back in. This is our Q and A show. We didn't initially plan on doing a Q and A show. We do have some coach interviews that were gonna run probably on our Patreon, which you can find at for Ballers dot com. Yes, we had more that we wanted to do, but I think because the season is getting so close, Daniel, it has gotten suddenly much harder to interview some of these guys because they've got bigger fish to fry at this juncture. So for those who are paying subscribers on the Patreon averballers dot com, being so we are getting so close to the season, we may not have a natural spot to drop the show. We'll see what we can do, but right now that's going to be the new plan to drop it out there. We would also remind people we've been teasing a thing for a little bit now, just a thro a thing, right, h We did the Guy Fieri Show, I think, much to our pleasant delight, it was received quite well. People liked of course, people liked it. People like Guy, so they give us the benefit of the doubt even when we do dumb things. I can assure folks that there is another dumb thing coming, is there not?
Speaker 2: There is?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: Absolutely is? Who we give details? Is it time?
Speaker 1: We can't quite give all the details yet. Maybe we could, Maybe we could broad strokes give a little bit more detail than we've been giving other than how we've said it's just going to be something stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing a highly specific season long game that needs to be signed up for before Week one.
Speaker 1: Yes, that will be correct. Yes, we're doing a season.
Speaker 2: Long online game that needs to be signed up for before week one kicks off the Saturday of week one.
Speaker 1: Correct at it. That is correct. That is correct, So it is involved.
Speaker 2: The prizes are unique to the Solid Verbal. You have never ever, if you are have ever won an online game, you have never played one with the possibility of being awarded what we are awarding.
Speaker 1: I would say that is one hundred percent accurate. Okay. It is available to our Patreon subscribers forballers dot com.
Speaker 2: Verbalers dot com is the home of the season long, unique, ridiculous, involved, incredible game that we are playing all season long. Deadline to sign up is before the first not week zero. Week one Saturday kicks off at noon Eastern.
Speaker 1: That's all we can say for now. More details to come, but yeah, eyes open, keep your head on a swivel. Here, You've got more to come.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So with that being said, look today, congratulations, Skippy, you've got mail.
Speaker 2: You've got mail. On the Solid Verbal.
Speaker 1: We put out the call a little bit ago to see if we could get questions from the forballer hood far and wide. We went to discord on the Patreon, we went out to Twitter, we went out to Instagram, all these hotspots. We put together a document here of what folks want to know. This is probably going to be our last Q and A before the season a fe kicks off next week. It's week zero. I saw we got a question about the phrasing of week zero, the labeling of week zero, which I appreciate that question. So where would you like to start?
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna well, I mean, we're starting with the Patreon verballers. They get priority with our questions. This was our bruin a discord channel, even though you're not drinking at the moment, not tea. Yeah, I'm using my beautiful solid verbal mug all right. Of the first year starting quarterbacks. Of these first year starting quarterbacks, and this comes to us from Wes. Who do you think is the best season? Bryce Young, CJ. Stroud, Dju Haines King Texas A and m Emery Jones Florida. So some recent and sort of modern powers in that list. Who is best set up both because of their ability I guess in limited amounts that you've seen, and with what's around them and who's coaching them, and what their schedule looks like and maybe track record of recent guys and who's developing them, who is best up for being the best.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody with a straight face can look at you and say it's Haines King or it's Emery Jones. We just don't have enough data. We have a little bit more data on Emory Jones, but we don't have anything on Haynes King.
Speaker 2: He might be great, it might be great. Counterpoint. Counterpoint to that specific point in terms of high level quarterback development, the track record of jimbo Fisher and Dan Mullen very good, very good, is legit excellent, legit excellent. And after I did the SEC East preview, we had a couple folks right in and remind us about that. How could you doubt Dan Mullen's ability to put together an offense, ability to coach up a quarterback. It's a fair point of criticism, but I think, certainly, as compared to the other three on this list, it's hard.
Speaker 1: For me to go Haines King or Emery Jones over Dju who we saw sure four hundred yards against Notre Dame. It's hard to go against a guy like the CJ. Stroud, Even though we don't have any more data on him than we do the other guys, but I think the supporting cast is better, and certainly we know the same is true for a guy like Bryce Young at Alabama. So for me, I think the ANSWER's got to be Dju. We know more about him, we know more about him, we know what he brings to the table, and we saw him in a little bit. I saw him in some key spots last year, most notably in that Notre Dame game on the road. So he is my my answer, I think, followed by Bryce Young, c J. Stroud, Emery Jones, and then Haines King.
Speaker 2: In that order. In that order, Emory Jones has seen the field a good amount as a change of pace type type mostly used for his legs. I think of these guys, CJ. Stroud has the most proven talent around him and probably an outside of you know, he has Oregon. Presumably you know he's the starter CJ. Stroud. That's not official yet, but he has Oregon early, which will be a defensive challenge with a tough front led by cave On Thibodeau. Bryce Young has a lot of the change just in terms of new offensive line faces in front of him, new receiver faces, although of course he has a couple familiar guys, and you know, there's the pressures at Alabama are unlike the pressures of any of these other schools, just because of the recent track record of national championship expectations. Haines King doesn't necessarily have the proven receivers, but should have a decent enough offensive line and a good defense to put him in good position field position wise, and good coaching. Of course, Emery Jones is the big question mark to me, but I think has the most interesting combination of Dan Mullen, his own athleticism, the speed on the field that's expected from Florida. The offensive line should be pretty good. So there's really strong cases for all of these guys. The track record of Clemson producing receivers and what Clemson's schedule looks like Clemps and clamps and after Georgia, I think I'm dju C. J. Stroud, Bryce Young in my top three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has and those have to be the top three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then and then Haines King, Emery Jones.
Speaker 1: I will agree with you to this extent though on Emery Jones, he is and I know, look Bryce Young, Bryce Young's making close to a million dollars and I endorsements, and c J. Stroud has the best wide receiver duo of any team in the country to work with. Yeah, that's a lot working in their.
Speaker 2: Face, and possibly best offensive line in front of him.
Speaker 1: Possibly best offensive line for me. Of all of these guys, Emory Jones is the most interesting, and I think that's because I harken back to what I said during the SEC East preview. Emory Jones was a Mulling guy from day one.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: I remember when they recruited him, when they flipped him from Ohios that he's the Mullen guy. Put him in a Mollin system, will see fireworks. Maybe he's also the one because of your Mullin system illusion. He's the one who will probably be running the most. So in terms of the dual threat, I don't think c J. Stroud or Bryce Young or DJU, I don't think the run game or Haines King will be worked into that their respective offense is like it will be for Emery Jones for sure, much more of a dual threat guy. Yeah, So for me, how Mullin builds that offense knowing that so much walked out the door from twenty twenty knowing that Emory Jones is going to be in charge of that. It's just supremely interesting to me. So regardless of Wes's question here, I think Emory Jones is the most interesting of those five. Is something that we should take note of as well.
Speaker 2: If if all goes right for all of these quarterbacks, who has the highest ceiling? Well, I think it's Stroud, Yeah, because the white outs, because of both the white outs, because of the line, because of what Ryan Day has recently done with both Dwayne Haskins and Justin Fields that there's this really really high level track record. Not to say that's not true of Bryce Young, but it's a different coordinator, like the continuity involved in Ohio State that there is an element of. If CJ. Stroud is as advertised, that means it's just fireworks NonStop, whereas there's just so many new pieces, not that that's ever been an issue for Alabama. I think Dju has the most intriguing, like maybe statistical element because of his competition and because he's just physically ridiculous.
Speaker 1: He's huge, he's huge.
Speaker 2: I think I would go Stroud because man, is it going to just like the pressure to follow Trevor Lawrence might be a little bit different than the pressure to follow justin fields because Ohio State never got over the hump, but Trevor Lawrence got Clemson there. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know what, though DJ, you is a cool cat. He seems relatively unphased by that.
Speaker 2: I still think there might be some rawness to his passing ability in the short term.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we'll see. I mean, they have to develop some weapons for him out wide. And that's one of the questions that we had about Clemson, Like we know they have talent. That's never an issue at Clemson. Who will those main targets be? No, maybe he can develop them in very short order, maybe not. But for me, I still feel like the answer to both is DJU. I get where you're coming from on CJ. Stroud, But yeah, by the way, Ungal lay at Clemson.
Speaker 2: And by the way, just in terms of dazzling plays, Bryce Young, Bryce Young, Bryce Young in terms of individual wow factor, Bryce Young. Yeah, all right, where are we going next? Uh, let's go to is there a Week one game? Michael wants to know that you are quote weirdly pumped for one that may not be considered a marquee matchup, but something about it intrigues you. Wow, week one matchup, you can you'll jump out it fresh Yeah. U c f Boise State for sure. One that immediately I'm like, Okay, we have new two new coaches. We have Gus Malson, who you know has the reputation anyway for intriguing creative offensive systems. Now with an experienced quarterback Boise State looking to sort of jumpstart things after they've sort of plateaued a little bit. That to me is fascinating because those are two teams that are competing for New Year's six attention.
Speaker 1: Well, I've been I've been going all throttle, no bottle on Louisiana versus Texas now for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great answer.
Speaker 1: I think that's a very interesting matchup because Louisiana is is loaded again. They're the number twenty three team in the initial polls. I think that will be an interesting test for Texas in Week one. Texas should win that game, there's no reason they shouldn't win that game. But Louisiana's very good. So that's one that jumps out to me. You know, West Virginia at Maryland is not necessarily a marquee matchup, but I feel like just through the course of our own previews, we had so many questions about both of those teams. Maryland, we feel really strongly about the job they've done on the recruiting trail, you know, like they've gotten some blue chippers that they're going to throw into the mix. They had one at receiver and now they've got one at linebacker, like they're trying to build this thing. They've got Tala Tungevailoa, who I think rightfully claimed his spot as a starting quarterback going into this well last season, certainly now going into this season. But they've got that element on the Maryland side. On the West Virginia side, the question that we were asking through our previews was which direction is this program headed? Is it going in a good direction for Neil Brown or no? So we I think will get an early tell as to what twenty one has in store for both of those schools. Three thirty Eastern Saturday was the September fourth on ESPN.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I don't think, I mean Indiana Iowa's not below the radar. These are ranked teams as Wisconsin Penn State is. But Wisconsin Penn State is that immediate Okay, what do they look like now that the sort of dust has cleared from their very off twenty twenty seasons, So that to me is fascinating. And then yeah, Indiana Iowa is a potential matchup of teams like who can give Ohio State trouble this year either and they're in the regular season or potentially in the Big Ten championship game. I think that's fascinating that we've talked about LSU UCLA. I think that's going to be fascinating. But no, those are the matchups that I think otherwise, you know, with UCF Boyse State, I'm like, okay, this is there's a lot of depth of interest to Week one. Yeah, oh for sure, Okay, what's up next? So The Unforgettable Fire, also from Patreon, has a football and non football related question, Which active FBS player do you think would be best suited to compete in the decathlon? Kyle Hamilton next question, it's a it's a good answer. What are his measurables in terms of height weights? Like I'll pull them up six two, six four. I want to say he's like six' four.
Speaker 1: Okay two fifteen six four two twenty six four two twenty that's.
Speaker 2: YEAH i think that's. Right you, know a safety with light linebacker, size you, KNOW i would, say, oh, Man Drake.
Speaker 1: London Drake london's a good. ANSWER a big.
Speaker 2: Receiver so you've got the. SPEED i, Mean Kyle Halton hamilton has that. Agility so basically you want somebody with enough size to throw a shot, put, javelin, discus high jump kind of, thing so the field events and the jumping, events but at the same time to be able to sprint and run some discs. Stints, yeah, so, yeah you don't want too. Small god IF i could get like a super fast Like thibodeau's too big.
Speaker 1: Fast edley is another one who comes to. Mind he's fast but liked, light but probably want two. Pounds he's a, burner ran a four to. Three Kyle hamilton's probably the answer.
Speaker 2: Here Kyle hamilton's a very good. Answer. YEAH i was thinking sort of somebody at a smaller position who's, big and that's you, Know Kyle. HAMILTON i think it's an Amazing.
Speaker 1: I'm going to send you a tweet though From this is from the Official Ohio state football. Account does it involve HIS? Gps it doesn't know here it's this is. Masteratigue oh take, okay at. That that's a picture that NOW i don't know how they staged that, photo but he's doing the push up thing where he. Clapping, yeah, yeah propelled himself upwards and he is very comfortably. Clapping did you this upper torso is in the. Air he would.
Speaker 2: Struggle with the sprinting in the distance running for, Sure but did you See Evan neil moving sliding over from right tackle to left tackle For alabama his vertical jump that ended in him doing the splits a top two piles of. Pads, yeah absolutely. Ridiculous the agility there at that, size he would dominate the field events obviously against these. Guys THAT'S i, mean, okay not football because of that.
Speaker 1: AGILITY i have him peg more as like A Greco roman wrestler at that, size with that level of. Elusiveness you, know that's. Right that's of.
Speaker 2: Interest BUT i don't know about the, cathlon. Okay next question is a non football one from The Unforgettable. Fire what are your feelings On rootier floats ty pro con and give detailed thoughts, there And.
Speaker 1: I'm giving a thumbs up to the camera for those watching. It hm hm all in on root beer, Floats, Dan i'm not a root beer. Fan really, YEAH i don't like root.
Speaker 2: BEER i used to enjoy, quotes, though So i'm not anti. Float i'm just not a root beer.
Speaker 1: GUY i was gonna ask if you were a Bark, sky if you were an w a kind of root, Beer, yeah what are you?
Speaker 2: Into but you're. Not really doesn't do it for. ME i don't know WHY i never enjoyed root. BEER i like soda AND i haven't had a root beer in.
Speaker 1: Eons. Eons i'm gonna Drink that's What i'm drinking the next. TIME i need to get the old school glass bottle version of root beer and pop one open on a bruine Span.
Speaker 2: DREW i want to Know Dan rubinstein's food plan for week ones games as detailed as you feel like GOING.
Speaker 1: Whoa so let me let me preface your answer by saying. This we are going to be posting out on soliverble dot com as we've been now for the last couple of. Weeks we're going to be posting games to watch as we get closer to the. Season, connor who has been writing the five must watch games for each, conference is going to do his thing and put together really cool watch, grid so you'll know going into each and every week what your windows of opportunity, are what games you should watch at each juncture of a Given, saturday so you will have that as a. Guide if you are a sOliver baller out, there you can always refer back to the site at soliverable dot com and we'll clearly keep everybody alerted to. Win those are posted just for your own scheduling. Purposes have you looked at the schedule for week one and thought of it in terms of?
Speaker 2: Food?
Speaker 1: Yet is this the thing that you have?
Speaker 2: Done of, course on this, Now august the, TWENTIETH i think about every event in my life in the context of what how CAN i celebrate it appropriately with WHAT i? Eat, okay almost. Everything i'm Sure i've already given thoughts to the solid toddler's third, birthday which isn't Until. January what we'll be serving or, Making so, Yeah i've long thought about. THIS i think we'll probably IF i, cook it'll be. Pizza IF i don't, Cook i'm thinking it'll Be korean fried. Chicken, OKAY i Love korean fried, chicken and that is an answer to another question we also received in terms of wing. Preferences but, yeah there's there are a couple of towns that have a number of really Solid korean, options And korean fried chicken is just it's double, fried so it gets amazingly, crispy and there's great dipping sauces IF i get some sort of side. FRIES i love. KIMCHI i JUST i love everything about. It so that's probably the Direction i'd go in. Now the issue IS i would probably wait for that until later on in the evening because you eat too Much crean fried. Chicken you're down for the count the sweet and spicy and the sort of the heaviness of fried. Chicken but, yeah that's that's where my head is at the. Moment a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Out so what will your watch arrangement be now that you're In Chicago now that, well hopefully it's safer to have people over to watch games. With do you have a plan as far as that, goes because that was a big deal for you In New.
Speaker 2: York, YEAH i don't really Have i'm trying to THINK i have a couple of friends who are fans of specific, teams Notably michigan in the. AREA i have A michigan friend and A wisconsin, friend BUT i don't have die hard college football. PEOPLE i have writer friends in the. City i'm in the, burbs BUT i don't have anybody WHO i can think of off the top of my head who just wants to watch college football, day or can watch college football, day or can small. Children, yeah usually that's the way it. Works so my watch set up this year is probably going to be mostly solo and mostly in my. BEDROOM i have a desk in. THERE i moved an older desk in there When jody with AND i was working from. Home she's now working in an. Office But i'm probably going to isolate myself and there because otherwise there's just going to be A tv on with football all day and trying not to let a two year old watch football all? Day will?
Speaker 1: You will you not take the opportunity to introduce the solid toddler to the great game Of american?
Speaker 2: Football, oh he watched last. Fall he watched last. Fall he was not yet, two SO i don't know how much it resonated with, him but he recognizes what football, is AND i watched clips with him things like. THAT i just don't want to have him in front of A tv all day On, saturday especially it's still nice in the. FALL i want him. OUTSIDE i want him doing great. Stuff so, yeah that's the. Move he'll see some And i'll probably you, know show him Some oregon and he knows how to say Go ducks and he has Some oregon. Gear but, no just in terms of, Distraction i'll probably isolate myself with a desk in front of the BEDROOM tv and you, know set up some sort of secondary display at the same.
Speaker 1: Time, so as a Southern california native who went To, oregon moved To New york and is now transplanted again In, chicago what will you do when it comes to the Solid toddler's rooting? Interests will you drive a hard bargain With? Oregon will you throw him into the tide that is the Rabid northwestern faithful out there In. Chicagoland will there Be michigan influences with constant influences given where you're, At Notre dame. Influences how are you going to handle? That if you thought ABOUT i.
Speaker 2: Don't really have Any Notre dame people in my life of any. Consequence Maybe i'm forgetting. Somebody There's michigan. People there's a couple Wis constant. People there's a couple OF lioni BUT i can't wait to take him to A northwestern. Game it certainly doesn't have the overwhelming atmosphere of some of the other big family, fos family. FRIENDLY i, mean it's also very, close so it's very. Convenient SO i can't. Wait but he's too young right, now he's two and a. Half so i'd be thrilled if you're A northwestern, fan that'd be fine by. Me he's gonna watch and know a lot more About oregon. Football he will be An oregon football. Fan i'm sure he'll have a soft spot For michigan because Of. Jodi but, NO i, mean she doesn't have a lot of advanced thoughts On cade McNamara Or Jan. Hutchinson so she's just she roots For. Michigan she Wants michigan to do, well but she's she's nowhere near a. Diehard all, right where do we want to go? Next?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 2: DAN i don't. Know you tell me you have the document.
Speaker 1: TOO i have the Document i'm actually going to pull up some of the stuff we've got.
Speaker 2: Cam by the, way if college teams could make, trades what's a trade that would help both? Teams we used to do episodes about. This we used to do trade specific episodes that would benefit if if a team was deep at a particularly a particular position and could afford to lose somebody that would help another position. Group who like which teams are a quarterback, away a dynamic receiver, away an edge rusher. Away i'm putting you on the, SPOT i, realize but of the major teams that could compete to win a, division a, conference, Whatever i'm not talking playoff because the teams that are capable of winning the playoff are not really a specific position, away right.
Speaker 1: Right, well, WELL i mean you have plenty of options when it comes to quarterback. Play you, know we have talked about teams Like, iowa WHO i think could fall into that category that might be low hanging.
Speaker 2: Fruit but it's also you know that the context Of iowa too is how much are they going to weaponize that? Quarterback how much are they going to open up that offense for that? Quarterback total due respect for the fireworks of The Brian farren system totally.
Speaker 1: Fair, yeah BUT i think of WHEN i specific needs Like northwestern could be another one of those, teams, Right and it probably is the same conversation As. Iowa how are they going to weaponize some quarterback and unnamed tradable commodity that is not you, know whatever they've got?
Speaker 2: Now BUT i Don't Is northwestern really a quarterback away from winning The Big?
Speaker 1: TEN i mean probably.
Speaker 2: Not If northwestern last year and they were competitive Against Ohio state Until Trace sermon arrived in the second, half if they had Replaced Peyton ramsey with who's demandster really better but not an absolute stud like dtr FROM, ucla if they had replaced him With Kellen, mond if they had replaced him With Will, rogers if they had replaced him with? Whoever are they really Competing Michael? Pennix are they competing With Ohio state right at the end of that. GAME i don't think, so BECAUSE i don't know if they had all of. It you, Know camporter was good and he's now. Hurt SO i Think northwestern sort of already has reached their ceiling as a threat to win The. West, yeah but they need a lot. MORE i think to get over The ohio state. Hump.
Speaker 1: YEAH i need to think more about the trade. Question, okay it is one that we have tackled numerous times on this, show and.
Speaker 2: Like If northwestern Had Kyle, TRASK i still DON'T i don't.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, YEAH i mean it's a different. If it's a different question if you phrase it as who needs to make one trade to put themselves over the top versus who are some optimal trade? Candidates you, know like that what you're really getting at there is who is the? Lynchpin? Right who is gonna who's gonna create that tipping point that is going to take a team over the. Top IT'S i need to think more about.
Speaker 2: That it's easy to like so Obviously alabama's deep, everywhere so who could use say a running? Back who could Use Brian robinson Or jason McClellan that, ultimately If alabama were to lose one of those, Guys Trey, SANDERS i think is finally gonna play after dealing with. Injuries like to, Me wisconsin is team That, Wisconsin, yeah that needs that stud at running back obviously to make things. Go alabama for sure deep?
Speaker 1: There what about what About michigan at.
Speaker 2: Quarterback, YEAH i, mean there's so much unknown about The michigan defense to know whether or not they're a quarterback. Away but who's got a quarterback to? Spare?
Speaker 1: No, well that's the, problem, Right.
Speaker 2: GEORGIA i, Suppose but those guys are unproven BEHIND. Jt. Daniels So michigan already has their own unproven blue chip quarterback waiting in the. Wings SO i don't. KNOW i guess the other question is who's got a really good? Quarterback but is just too far away even with that really good quarterback unless you're, like, okay whoever loses The texas, competition or if you want to take a chance on what's what's the freshman At oklahoma the guy waiting in the. Wings but, YEAH i, MEAN i guess you would have to take a chance on an unproven guy.
Speaker 1: Like, That jared AND i it says what should polls? Measure what should polls? Measures so big news story this, week if you want to call it, that THE ap released its. Poll we talked it through With Jeff. Schwartz how do you feel about preseason? Polls where do you think their place in the sport is? Now should be moving? Forward and is it at all an accurate measure for determining who's good and who.
Speaker 2: Isn't so the preseason poll is not a definitive. Ranking it's taking the temperature of the media. Room it's just how people interpret where programs are at heading into the. Season it's not saying we think this is definitively how the season's going to. End it's this is where we believe programs are right now and how well built they are right. Now AND i think there's a slight difference anyway. There it's not a predictive thing to. Me so it's there for. Conversation it's there for status of the, sport there for status of the top teams in the, Sport and SO i agree that it should. EXIST i agree that preseason polls should exist BECAUSE i think it's it's an accurate bell weather of reputation and. Interpretation but what is the point of? Them what should they? MEASURE i don't. Know it's a ridiculous and wild. SPORT i like that there's subjective elements to. IT i like all of these things during the regular. SEASON i like the back and. FORTH i don't, know what do you think they should? Meagine like we have things that. Are if you want cold hard, numbers we have sp, plus which is a predictive ratings system that uses advanced data and it does a really really strong job of doing so you can go in and find more accessible things Like i'd like to do with the d analytics and points per drive that gets rid of garbage time and adjust. SOMETIME i think some of them adjust for, opponent but even if they, don't as long as they're not measuring AGAINST fcs. TEAMS i like those things as, indicators but those remove, context whereas the ape pole hopefully voters who are able to watch and read and interpret include context in their. Rankings so what's just? MEASURE i think it just measures people's. OPINIONS i don't. KNOW i hate.
Speaker 1: POLES i hate. HIM i think it's largely a creation of the media so that the media can feel self. Important that does not mean they don't have a, place does not mean they don't have a, Place AND i do think providing some context is. Important so much of what we. Do part of the reason why we do point. Spreads when we talk through our, previews we're trying to provide context for people who maybe aren't as in the, weeds trying to get a better sense for who's good and who's. Not SO i do think it's a valuable measure insofar as it provides context for people who follow the sport casually or even not so. Casually it's got its. Place what really bothers me is when people lean on the polls as like the, thing as the, thing as something, more as something more than just a way to measure. OPINION i hate. That that's part of why we have this dispute all the time around the. PLAYOFF i want to see him battle it out on the. Field you don't so much care about, that and you're okay with not having that element of. IT i JUST i hate anything that makes it feel like ice, skating no disrespect to ice. SKATING i hate.
Speaker 2: THAT i have noticed THAT i think people care less about THE Apn Coaches poll now that those are not part of a determining factor for the postseason like it was with THE. BCS i don't see people getting riled up That TEAM x is fourteen And TEAM y is, eighteen even Though TEAM y has a much better. RESUME i don't see that much. Anymore so maybe the polls to you are given an appropriate amount of weight where it's just, like, hey, bro that's just like your. Opinion SO i don't. KNOW i feel like they're in a pretty good place polls and just in terms of like it's a conversation, starter right in fact that we use this top twenty five as a this team is number twenty, one but they're playing like a top ten. Team, LIKE i think its sole purpose is to start. Conversations that's, it AND i think it does a good job of.
Speaker 1: It it is totally a conversation. Starter All i'm saying IS i get uncomfortable when people lean on it more heavily than, that when they want it to be something.
Speaker 2: More but what do they want it to be at this, Point, well they wanted to be. Gospeled what you were ranked In week.
Speaker 1: Eight you could read any number of team, sites any number of college football media sites throughout the course of a, season and the amount of weight that polls are, given the ap, pole the coach's, poll it drives me. Crazy it doesn't mean, anything it's a, measure it's. Context but the, polls you can't lean too heavily on. Them and that's WHAT i think drives me.
Speaker 2: Crazy CAN i tell you THAT i think we think about the, polls you AND i personally as fans of, teams who have you, know pretty often in this last decade been in like the top five or top ten In, Oregon Notre, dame In Penn. State AND i think if you are An indiana, fan if you are A Texas tech, fan if you're a col, fan if you are A Nc state, fan that if you find your team ranked in the top twenty, five the top, twenty the top, fifteen there is a pride and status element to that THAT i don't think fan bases take as we are now a big, boy we are now a national championship, contender but in much more of a how cool is this kind of? Feeling AND i think that's. IMPORTANT i think that's important to be, like isn't it cool that we have our act together at least we have so far for this stretch that we're ranked number fourteen in the. Nation that's? Cool AND i think that's the, point and that's the real appeal of the polls to take a look at teams and, say here's a tip of the. Cap your season has ruled thus, far, awesome good job on. You isn't that worth? Something that is worth, something, yeah for. Sure and so, yeah whether it's status and programs are able to build and, create you're. Ablementum, yeah if you are one of those schools THAT i, mentioned or if you're Like, ohio if you are you, know A g five program and you're recruiting every, week and all of a, sudden you're a top fifteen team playing another top fifteen, team and guess what you can do that? Week you can center your recruiting year round visits in that huge. Game that's a big deal that you can sell your place as a big, time big time school or top fifteen matchups. HAPPEN i think there are just sort of reverberations and. Tentacles there are.
Speaker 1: Benefits, yeah from the perspective of a, program.
Speaker 2: There's status, MOMENTUM i think for.
Speaker 1: SURE i am looking at this from the perspective of a, fan AND i think it's important, context but inevitably it will. Happen people lean a little too heavily on the, polls and that's what drives me.
Speaker 2: Crazy that's, fine but all, Right, YEAH i think the more conversations around more teams that happen because of, polls the. Better So i'm good with.
Speaker 1: It let's go to this question. Here, YEAH i got one. Here then we can go to one of the other ones in the. Document sure From. Instagram what is the most spoiled fan? Base dan the most spoiled fan, base most spoiled fan, Base so spoiled is doing a lot of work. There what does spoiled? MEAN i think It's Ohio. State and it's easy to Say alabama because they're used to winning national. Championships BUT i think. Spoiled both means an unbelievable amount of. Winning but also there's another element to college football joy Tie and you won't fully understand this as A Notre dame fan or A Penn state, fan but college football is not just about watching your team. Win it's about watching your most emotional rival lose and embarrass. Itself, auburn with regard To, Alabama, auburn even though they've had, lows they've Beaten alabama more than. Once in the last few, Years auburn has been to a national championship has now won a national. CHAMPIONSHIP i guess it's not, decade but it's eleven. Years so the joy Of alabama fans directed At auburn embarrassment is not as pronounced to me As Ohio state absolutely dominating The michigan, rivalry absolutely dominating The Penn state rivalry. RECENTLY i Mean Penn state has won and jumped, up but also that they're recruiting on this unbelievable level and their perennial playoff team and they've won a national championship in the last what six or seven. YEARS i Think Ohio state right now as a team who has absolutely pulled away from the rest of that. CONFERENCE i think their fan base is probably the most. Spoiled AND i don't say spoiled in a negative. WAY i just think it's an embarrassment of good. Times, Yeah Ohio state's a really strong, answer AND i think in earnest the answer has to be either An Ohio state or An alabama or A.
Speaker 2: Clemson.
Speaker 1: YEAH i don't know if you can pick anybody. ELSE i think it's one of those.
Speaker 2: Three. Yeah, Now Ohio state as that recruiting, juggernaut THE Nfl draft, juggernaut the rival not succeeding juggernaut coming, close but a kind of. Juggernaut, YEAH i think it's The buckeye fans are probably the most spoiled in terms of what they've been able to experience these past few. Years, now do you have a, Question, Yeah court wants to. Know is the? NIL i don't know how it's funny that nil has now become like an, adjective a, verb a. Noun Is the idea of athletes profiting off of their, name, image and likeness a fad and things will calm down whatever that, means in the coming. Years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, SO i mean it is a bit of a sugar rush right, now isn't it? Totally if you listen to our Friend Andy, staples who we had on the program right around the time this went into, effect he thinks that there is a sugar rush quality to, it and that eventually some rich, boosters rich companymen will get tired of losing their, money will make a bad. Call we'll sign on with a college football player that lets him, down and there won't be as much. Money there won't be as much willingness to throw money at student athletes some point in the near. Future there is another school of thought which many have trotted out, there that this is the end of college football as we know.
Speaker 2: It, WELL i, mean it's, ridiculous but, YEAH.
Speaker 1: I THINK i fall somewhere in the.
Speaker 2: Middle you think that there's an element that nil will ruin college football.
Speaker 1: FOREVER i think what it's doing is it's removing a band. Aid it's removing a pretty little face plate from college football that we've had for the last fifty years last certainly for the last twenty five thirty, years and that thing is that this is actually semi pro. Football it's semi pro. Football we dress it up as being tied to an institution and that there are academics at, play And i'm sure for a lot of these student athletes that is still a very important. THING i don't mean, that but this is semi pro, football and the fact that they can now get some compensation based on their.
Speaker 2: Name image and likeness is a really big.
Speaker 1: Step it's a really big step IN i, think revealing college football for what it actually, is semi pro. Football, sure what comes of that in the future will be very interesting to. Me BUT i can't help but feel like the combination of things that went down over the last, year not the, pandemic anil legislation going into, effect the one time transfer, rule those two things happening in, TANDEM i think makes this a lot more semi pro like than it's ever been. Before AND i know this is only the tip of the, iceberg AND i don't know where that, goes BUT i think. THERE i think that uncertainty and maybe any angst that you feel about it is. WARRANTED i also do think That andy is right to the extent That Bryce young making close to a million dollars that may not be a thing a couple of years from, now because part of this is going to be marketing firms studying the true brand power of a college athlete in a small in Ames, iowa Right, like it's going to take some time to actually run the numbers and figure out what THE roi is on. That SO i THINK i trend a little. Bit if you're looking at this in terms of a, SPECTRUM i trend a little bit more on The Andy staples side that it's going to dry up THAN i. Do it's going to ruin college. Football BUT i am certainly somewhere in the.
Speaker 2: Middle SO i don't think it's going to dry up. NECESSARILY i think because AND i think sugar rush is an interesting. TERM i just think both the people paying so for. Exist for, example. Brands either we saw a thing WITH byu player walk ons getting their skis paid, For, like oh my, god that's the. End is this what we really? Want and, Like, okay it's, fine. RELAX i think the big thing is everybody's just gonna get. Savvier, everybody like the players are going to get savvier across all sports about their finance and their revenue. Streams AND i think brands are gonna be savvier because if they're, not if they don't feel that they're getting a good return on investment by, Saying, okay we are paying this popular QUARTERBACK x amount of dollars for pushing you know, this you know iced tea On instagram or, something they're gonna stop. Paying but WHAT i think is going to happen is in the same way that all sorts of people are making money, ONLINE i think athletes are just gonna get, Savvier, like, okay so Is Paige buker's From, Yukon like the star basketball, player the younger player who's got a Huge instagram, following whatever social, following she's gonna start appearing at basketball. Camps LIKE i think there's just going to be elements of especially as hopefully knock on, wood the world continues to open up and become safer and safe for these next few, years that speaking, engagements all sorts of things are going to come out where people you see like celebrities making a ton of, money coaches are on that speaking. Circuit are players with big engaging? Personalities? Sure why? NOT i think that's going to be the thing that there is going to, be not just like, hey Kool. Aid McKinstry At alabama now has a Kool aid. Deal what does that? Mean like is he just doing an ad and that's that's. GREAT i think there's going to be you, KNOW i don't think players are going to start only fans, necessarily but or patreons or. WHATEVER i think there's just going to be every year a different player is going to use his or her brain and, think oh what IF i do, This and then there's going to be a sugar rush in that. INDUSTRY i think there's just every year there's going to be changes about how athletes are creative about this kind of thing that aren't just SAYING i am partnering With zaxby's. RIGHT i think the people are just going to get savvyer and they're going to start YouTube channels and they're going to do brand deals through there where they're just, oh here's A georgia player who has a YouTube channel and it's going on a tour of The Coca cola factory and it's sponsored By, like you, know there's just going to be like experiential elements to how these people these. People that's a weird way to phrase, things how players athletes make. Money fair. Point, Okay SO i just THINK i don't think it's gonna calm. DOWN i think it's just going to keep.
Speaker 1: Evolving, yeah certainly is going to evolve one way or the. Other it will. Evolve and, LOOK i also DON'T i don't want to be. Misinterpreted i'm a huge proponent of nil. TOTALLY i think it's long. OVERDUE i think it sucks that players have not been able to do this. SOONER i do think the next big frontier will be. Merchandising and you, KNOW i know there's plenty of wheels in motion on this front. Already, sure but being able to get a cut of your jersey sales from the official team, store that sort of thing that that impacts the bottom.
Speaker 2: Line, yeah those are co licensing deals with the players and the. SCHOOLS i Saw Breaking tea did one with An alabama player where there's like The ALABAMA a on his. SUERSEY i, mean it all makes sense once we.
Speaker 1: Start talking about like official team apparel, Though that to me is very interesting and where that goes.
Speaker 2: Next by the, way it's also going to apply TO i think if if a player produces a, product right that has something to do with that takes advantage of the fact that they're an, athlete they're able to sell that. Product you MENTIONED t, shirts but it could be. Whatever, right there's a giant spectrum of things you can of. Merchandise next question blah blah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah. Bah, oh let's stay on that. First JUST i think this is a fascinating. Question which player from the nineteen nineties would have made the most money under TODAY'S nil rules from from the nineteen. Nineties from the, nineties so if we're going to say this player's fame and reach an influence from the, nineties which is kind of what it takes right, now fame and reach an, influence so like probably a major school or have like a big well known national, name which was obviously different in the nineties to sort of cultivate that which player in the, nineties like you, Know Tim tebow's an amazing answer from the early you, know the two, thousands but from the nineties, Specifically my answer Is Charlie. Ward two sports, star major, program good, PERSONALITY i, think you, know would have resonated with people from coast to. Coast was on NATIONAL, tv so it was a household. Name do you have a? Name?
Speaker 1: Wow what a good. QUESTION i think.
Speaker 2: Also was just like especially with. KIDS i was probably ten twelve years, old WHERE i was like that dude rules, Right like that's a. DUDE i want a poster, OFF i will buy A Charlie ward. POSTER i will buy A Charlie ward's signia your shoe that like there is that that electricity To Charlie.
Speaker 1: Ward Peyton manning is an interesting. One it's not. Bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah Ricky.
Speaker 1: Williams Ricky williams mid to late nineties At, TEXAS i think is another. ONE i don't know About Charles, woodson but Obviously Charles woodson was good.
Speaker 2: Answer big. Personality big personality you know IS i Mean Desmond howard could have sold Little Desmond howard bobbleheads with like The heisman.
Speaker 1: Pose Tommy fraser had a moment. MORE i don't remember his, personality but, yeah, YEAH i don't. Either BUT i think the obvious answer for me is Probably Ricky. Williams you, know once you start talking about guys Like LeVar arrington that's more local to this part of the. Country But Ricky williams really had broad, appeal if not for the fact that the same traded away an entire draft to get. Him, Right SO i just and he was kind of an eccentric. PERSONALITY i Think Ricky williams is my. ANSWER i Think Michael vick would have been a good.
Speaker 2: Answer late. Nineties of, course he was in. College Steve i'm looking at a list right, here the best college football quarterbacks in the. Nineties Steve young AT byu obviously resonating with a very specific group of, people BUT i don't know if he had the star. Power Danny, WARFOLD i don't remember having a big. Personality Dante, Culpepper smaller. School i'm looking at these. Names Eddy, George Eddie, George Eddie george is an interesting. Answer, yeah huge. SCHOOL i Think i'm gonna stick With Charlie ward, though because they were style of play and because of the two sport. Element like there's you, Know Bo jackson at the time in like the early to mid, nineties popping in both baseball and football At Deon, Sanders like those are two. Guys you're, Like, okay this is this is a unique two sport. Guy that's my.
Speaker 1: Answer Ricky williams doing head and shoulders commercials would have been quite profit absolutely To Troy polamalu, CONTINUE.
Speaker 2: I disagree with the premise of this, question But i'm going to indulge it. Anyway i'm gonna humor it. Anyway who is the biggest sleeping giant in each? Conference if everything perfectly fell into, Place brock wants to know sleeping. Giants sleeping giants define it as a team who has not won the conference at all, recently but has the clear potential to be a perennial challenge and.
Speaker 1: Winner, okay so let's start in THE. Acc do we Go North Carolina?
Speaker 2: Football wise In, Miami miami has never Won. Miami, SEE i don't get they've ever won THE. Acc they, haven't they have. Not all, Right i'll Go. Miami miami's, Fine, yeah SEC a and M, YEAH i, DON'T i. Don't they're they're. Ascending florida is already clearly a giant just because of what they did With Urban. Meyer auburn has won a national championship and competed recently and won the conference, recently OR i think excuse out in THE Sec. West, yeah BUT a and m, IS i mean they're they're sort of defined by how asleep they've always, been that they've never actually shown the ability to get over a, hump Whereas miami. Did i'm trying to think if there's anybody else who's truly, like, YEAH i guess IT'S a and m IT'S i don't Think arkansas has the. CEILING i don't think The mississippi, Schools Mississipi Orssissippi state have the the ceilings to be a. Giant, however we're defining that probably Not.
Speaker 1: Auburn let's go to The big. Twelve big twelve a much more Interesting. Texas, yeah, yeah you think It's texas sleeping.
Speaker 2: Giant, yes we're. Considerate we make fun of the Phrase texas is back because the reality Is texas is not. Back, Right so they are the school, that if all falls into, place we know they have national championship potential because they won the national championship This Century. TEXAS i was gonna SAY, tcu but Now Tech texas is. FINE i could go with. That, yeah Out west is IT? Usc, YEAH i don't agree WITH ucla as a sleeping. GIANT i Think washington is interesting with the right, guy BUT i don't. KNOW usc is probably my. Endser, yeah what about The Big? Ten The big ten sleeping giant is Probably Penn. State, YEAH i Think Penn state Or. WISCONSIN i Think Penn state's name strength for. RECRUITING i think that area of the country is an underrated place in terms of available. Talent, Pennsylvania New, jersey you, know the eastern seaboard a little. BIT i think that they resonate. There they can get some quality guys From ohio that don't go To Ohio state Because ohio is such a juggernaut of a recruiting. PLACE i Think Penn, state with the right quarterback and coordinator combination as we've seen, recently can Beat Ohio. State but it all needs to come together more than it. Has SO i Think Penn state's the sleeping giant just because the environment Of Beaver, stadium the name, recognition the recent. HISTORY i. THINK i don't think they're SLEEPING i think they're rousing, rowsing oh, boy but, yeah that's that's the clear. GIANT i, MEAN i guess you can also say About, michigan, Right michigan is not.
Speaker 1: One so, yeah let me let me pivot to our last football question and THEN i want to do rapid fire some non football because we got those. Two get yourself. Ready this comes to us On twitter From Buckeye. Stan so we just talked about sleeping.
Speaker 2: Giants.
Speaker 1: Correct he wants to know which program is the most lovably. Average, no we're close to reaching the, summit but not at all, dysfunctional, right just always a fun, out lovably Average, dan if such term, EXISTS.
Speaker 2: I still don't know IF i understand the. Meaning, no we're.
Speaker 1: Close to reaching the, summit not at all, dysfunctional and always a fun. Out SO i guess maybe a team that goes seven and, five eight and four every, year plays hard and is, entertaining. Entertaining there aren't rumors that they're going to fire their coach like they're just they're content with. THAT i, mean just in terms of, this if we talked about the last, Decade Ole miss has been very fun to, watch right, Right like they've they've had years where their offense was incredible and their defense was a. Nightmare they've had years where both sort of added up and they were A New year six. Game you, know they fired their coach and entertaining, circumstances at least for, Me ole miss has been lovably, entertaining as Both mississippi schools Really god just but if, yeah if we're talking about just like a pure entertainment, standpoint definitely not going to challenge for anything more. Broadly you could make a case For. Iowa maybe not so much from the entertainment, Standpoint, no not from, entertainment but they are.
Speaker 2: Lovable. YEAH i think there was an element To Mike Leech wazoo where you were just getting a lot of, competitive interesting, games. RIGHT i think The utah. Question utah is interesting just because you know what to. Expect, yeah you know what to expect From. Utah they're gonna beat teams who are just they don't have their act together and they have probably a talent. Ceiling but oh, MAN i THINK ucf RECENT ucf years have been pretty, entertaining even when they're losing. Games sometimes they're losing like fifty to forty. Nine. Yeah, Yeah emphis is one of those Teams i'm trying to think of The big. Twelve Oklahoma state has. Vacillated they've played a lot of weird. Games they obviously don't really get over the bedlam, hump but there are a lot of competitive games they lose game, LIKE i don't, know there's something about The.
Speaker 1: Cowboys, YEAH i could ANSWER tcu again here rightly, again the.
Speaker 2: Problem with BOTH tcu And Oklahoma state of they've both fallen off a cliff, offensively which offensive? Watchability, yeah and it hurts the love, ability Right it's frustrating in The Boston college is not a super entertaining Watch they played play hard Last they played hard last.
Speaker 1: Year what WHAT i think you find in THE acc is a lot of teams where you've got frustrated fan.
Speaker 2: Bases pitt's played some weird. Games pit might be my answer. Answer they've DEVELOPED nfl players on both sides of the, ball and the randomly one year they'll have an incredible, backfield the next year they'll randomly have an incredible defensive. Line they seem like they will beat a really good team and then lose To duke or. Something. There there is something About pitt where there are always two thirds pretty, good but that's never, enough never. Enough, yeah all, right non. Question it feels like a seven and five eight and four. Team, Right, oh totally, percent, nonstive. Confident, okay let's go rapid fire here it. IS i just hit a. Light what is the most romantic Gesture tie has ever?
Speaker 1: Made romantic? Gesture?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah dan asked this, Question Dan.
Speaker 1: Rubinstein.
Speaker 2: Yeah Dan rubinstein did tweet his at his own solid verbal tweet most romantic. Gesture, yeah oh, man it doesn't have to. Be doesn't have to be for solid, Wife Kate ty you had a life before you met. Her it's.
Speaker 1: True you can't ask me these questions without giving me a chance to warm up and think about. It, really, NO i can't. THINK i. Can't did you ever throw her like a surprise birthday?
Speaker 2: Party? Yeah, NO i, Did, OKAY i. Had we had one of.
Speaker 1: Those we had one of those chefs come in for a. Birthday was incredibly. Romantic, Okay, Yeah i'm great. Job there's just been so many that's the problem THAT i still filter him. DOWN i still think you screwed up your engagement. Timing my engagement, Timing, yeah because if you give somebody an engagement, ring On christmas and doesn't work, out they can claim it was a gift because it was given On christmas. LEGALLY i have no idea What i'm talking. About it's, okay so far we're doing, Okay, yeah, yeah you guys are. Great.
Speaker 2: Okay what style of pizza joint is Every power five? CONFERENCE i have no, Idea, NO i have no, Idea But i'll answer a pizza question or. Two what pizza ovens SHOULD i buy for indoor personal? Use, Nicholas just your regular kitchen oven should be especially if it has a convection capability and it can get to five hundred and fifty, degrees you can Make that's WHAT i. Use the big thing IS i use a piece of. Steel there's a company Called Baking, steel which is really. Good but you can look up like it's called AN a thirty six. Alloy you can find you, know whatever size fits in your. Oven you. Don't you can buy indoor pizza ovens like. COUNTERTOP i don't think you need. Them if you are just a hobbyist and you're not churning out pies to sell. THEM a regular, pizza regular, kitchen we'll do you just. Great if you put a steel in there just a steel plate instead of a, stone and like ceramic. Steel, somebody we have a bunch Of, Okay tie has gotten me. Hooked i'm making homemade. PIZZAS i think you need Stand i'm Humoring. Tye any tips and tricks for an aspiring pizza, Maker i'll defer to.
Speaker 1: You, DAN i cooked A caulie power pizza the other day on my, oven and that's about the extent of any ADVICE i could.
Speaker 2: Give my advice make your own. Dough practice a, lot because you're gonna make a bunch of dud, pizzas and don't don't make same day. Does let your dough. Ferment buy a scale so you can measure out you know your flour and your water and your yeast and everything like. That and buy a, steel buy a peal or two. Peels you get a wooden and a metal metal for turning and retrieving wooden for, launch and you flower it. Up but just read as much as you possibly can and. Experiment just do it over and. Over there's a technique to stretching dough and launching a pie into the. Oven you just have to do it a. Bunch if you look, UP i think there's a blog that took a recipe from this Guy Tom, layman who's like a Big he's called the.
Speaker 1: Dough Doctor Tie. Dope but if you look up.
Speaker 2: Like New, york if you're interested in making like a thin crust, pizza look Up New York pizza and Feeling. Foodish that's the name of the blog THAT i found This New york, Recipe Feeling, Foodish and that's Like i've since adjusted it to like WHAT i like in a Dough but that's that's that would be the move for. Me create your own mozzarell chiese buy good, like test out different cheeses because you don't want them to burn too, quickly and Like Trader joe's makes a really good store bought, mozzerrelities but buy a block of it and grate it yourself into like as coarse thick shreds as you can buy crushed, tomatoes season it minimally with salt and whatever you like else in your, sauce and go from. There, yeah they're just there are no, shortcuts just no. Shortcuts read as much as you can ty which college football coach would you most like to hang out with after an? Edible so this is a QUESTION d to THE wu ask this.
Speaker 1: Question oh.
Speaker 2: WOW i mean they're going to be, Mellow they're gonna be, Chatty they're going to be, insightful.
Speaker 1: RIGHT i feel like a lot of people the default answer for them Is Mike. Leach Mike leach is not my. Answer, NO i don't. Really I'm i'm Over Mike.
Speaker 2: Leach.
Speaker 1: Yeah from this, standpoint who WOULD i want to be? AROUND i kind of, Would, well you want, stories, right you want you want. STORIES i would kind of be interested In saban with his guard, down like a Chattier saban who has definitely seen some, stuff you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah but he's so hyper focused and he's been at the same place for so. Long, now what About Dan. Mullen Dan mownin's an interesting. Answer Dan mowens a little bit of a wild. Card, well he's got The gainesville time as a coordinator during The tibow and early Cam newton. Era, right he's got the Dak Ara Mississippi. State he might Be.
Speaker 1: MULLEN i Think lane is a great. Answer lane's a great. ANSWER i was gonna, Say James, franklin he could be.
Speaker 2: ANNOYING i just don't think the story LIKE i don't how many stories does he have.
Speaker 1: For don't ever, BELT i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i don't.
Speaker 1: Know lane's a very good, answer.
Speaker 2: THOUGH i Think lane's a good answer given The raiders In tennessee AND fau And bam as a coordinator and sc during The Pete Carroll heights and time With, SARK i Think lane's a good. Answer Much Chip kelly like in that? Setup, uh, well Chip kelly has the stories right because with The eagles forty nine, ERS Espn oregon NOW U c L. A i Think Chip kelly is relatively AND i don't mean this as an. INSULT i think it's relatively like low key and, boring, okay but he's a funny. Dude he's a secretly funny. Dude SO i think it's a decent. Answer i'm going across the sport big. Ten you know WHO i think would be. FUN i Think Paul chris might be a good. Time i'm. SERIOUS i Think Paul. Chris you remember like the like turnover chain my ass in The bowl game against my, Eye, LIKE i think there is that edge to, him To Paul chris THAT i think could be. FUN i THINK i was gonna SAY. Pj, fleck BUT i think his appeal is probably the. Energy so if you're bringing that, DOWN i don't. Know Brett. BIELAMA i think it's.
Speaker 1: Interesting Brett bielam is an answer.
Speaker 2: Too Brett biela was an interesting answer going across the. Sport, yeah so interesting. One. Yeah look going out to. Verb, yeah that is The.
Speaker 1: Patreon that is where we post some of our bonus. Stuff that's where you can get early access not just to this, show but to every show now as we progress into the college football. Season so the plan will be that we record all of our shows a day before they hit the public. Feed case in, point On, sundays you AND i are going to connect up very early. On we're going to live stream Our reaction show Every sunday morning for, folks and immediately following that, stream we're going to get our files. Together we're going to mix up the podcast, episode and we're going to post it so if you can't watch it, live if you Are, averballer you're going to be able to listen to it on your super Secret patreon. Feed for everybody, else it hits the feed On monday, mornings but six Am, Eastern, yeah, yep six Am. Eastern but we're going to continue doing that all throughout the. Season So patreon folks are going to get episodes On, sunday On, tuesday and On. Thursday everybody else gets him On, Monday wednesday And, friday same, content a little bit of a different timing because we're trying to do our best to help build That patreon community and provide as much value as we. Can so For ballers Dot com is again where you can go to find out more about that and some of the other offerings that we have. Available As Dan t's at the, top there is something else coming that we're very excited, about as you, said at a very unique. Prize so we've not, seen not seen offered anywhere, else AND i could say that with utter. Certainty verballers dot, com forballers Dot, com forballers Dot, Com forballers Dot, com our, website soliverble dot. Com that's where we post, cool funwritten content three days a. Week you can also find all of these old podcast. Episodes if you like what we, do please do go on out and leave us a five star review wherever you. Can every little bit helps here as we build into this new season in.
Speaker 2: CAN i finish with D Bullich final question final. Question If Dan rubinstein had to make one pizza to showcase his, skills what is he? Making quite, Easily i'll probably do a thin, pepperoni shaved garlic and spicy honey. Drizzle i've been making a lot of that. One that's really been my specialty of spicy and. SWEET i call it The. COMMODORE i don't know, why but it really Showcases My detroit pie is also quite. Good but, yeah that's WHAT i would. Do same question For Ty. Hildenbrandt if you had to tell your story as an omelet, chef what omelet would you?
Speaker 1: Serve we would put some tater's in the? Omelet hold on tater, tots broken up tater. Tots, Interesting, okay you put some broken up tots in. There put crisped up. Yep we'd put some. Mushrooms we put some. Broccoli we put some clear field White american, cheese.
Speaker 2: White american, cheese, broccoli, mushrooms crispy. Potatoes no. Meat this is strictly a tie.
Speaker 1: OMELET i could do, BAKE i could do, meat But i'm telling a. STORY i think that's that's a good. Story do you finish your omelet with? Anything atop are you? Salting are you? SALSA a little? Ketchup?
Speaker 2: Dan ketchup a little bit of?
Speaker 1: Ketchup, yeah that's just for, you. Buddy is that really what you?
Speaker 2: DO i? Do make yourself an? Omelet it's. True do you ever? Like will you do a hot? Sauce will you ever like try something else to see how it? Works or just change things?
Speaker 1: Up. Siracha i'm open to, serracha BUT i have Not, OKAY i have not done that. Yet will you take leftovers from a dinner and turn it into an?
Speaker 2: OMELET i, Can, yeah and Have i've done? That, yeah of. Course ketch up a, top, mushrooms crisped up, Potatoes american. Cheese it's the real. Stuff do you call it? Anything it's. STRANGE i call it the commodore as. WELL i don't make the comato as. Well on that, note thank you for.
Speaker 1: Listening on that, note for that guy over there In, chicago my good Friend Dan, rubenstein for, Myself Ty hildebrand over here in Eastern. Pennsylvania we will talk to you all in a few short. Days enjoy your weekend and stay. Solid. Peace