Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the Stock Movers report, the companies making moves at the close of US trading, with Carol Masser, Tim stenovek Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: Let's go to some of the individual gainers. Katie just mentioned consumer discretionary, but no surprise to see things like the cruise lines, the airlines really outperforming. Certainly some of that has to do with energy prices backing off, and you think about fuel certainly for jet air you know jet fuel, if you will. We've seen them rise amid this US war and Iran. So let's just go through some of them. Real Caribbean guys, number one gainer in the S and P five hundred, up more than seven percent. Carnival also riding higher, up about seven percent. Here, United was your number two gator in the S and P five hundred, a gain of seven percent. Check out the S and P five hundred Airlines index five percent, almost five percent to the upside. All nine names in that index are higher in today's session, so we've really seen some outperformance there. Let's move on over to strategy. MSTR is the ticker there. Yep, bitcoin goes up, so does strategy go up. So we saw bitcoin going above seventy eight thousand dollars at one point, finishing the day around seventy seven thousand and change. But we did see strategy. I believe it was the number one gainer. Let me just pull it up here in the Nasdaq one hundred. As I mentioned that stock, YEP number one gainer, up almost twelve percent in today's session, So you understand why that one moved to the upside. And here's something different. But I feel like it plays into a wider theme that we've been talking about with this administration and certainly over the last few months and last year. Matt is a company called Critical Medal. CRML is the ticker. It's about a one point six billion dollar market cap as of today, thanks to a big bump to the upside, up about thirty five percent in today's trade. Company increasing its steak in the tambreeze rare earth deposit in Greenland. Yeah, yeah, let's see if we get back to that story. Okay, they're increasing there.
Speaker 1: Give we just kind of bask in the glory fire iron after we move on to the next conflict.
Speaker 3: That's what kind of called me when I read this one, increasing their steak to ninety two point five percent from forty two percent. So they're basically consolidating ownership of this asset that the firm hopes will serve as a serve really a US Alliance supply chain stock now up about eighty two percent year to date. I will point out thirty one percent of the float is short, but nonetheless easily some.
Speaker 1: Outperformance the probat with Carol Mass. The best performing sock in the S and P five hundred this week.
Speaker 3: Was it Birds.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's an S and P five hundred. Sorry, it was Robin Hood.
Speaker 2: Oh Robin Rod.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's not really a nice try, but nice something.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I was doing so well, you were okay, oh came on.
Speaker 4: The worst performer today in the S and P five hundred was Netflix. Let's start there. Twenty four hours ago we were dissecting these numbers. Investors had a chance to really let them digest today, and they sent shares of Netflix down by nine point seven percent, the worst day going back to October of twenty twenty five. In fact, at one point it was the worst going back to April of twenty twenty two. Do you guys remember that, yes, thirty five percent, when Netflix fell after reporting the loss of a couple hundred thousand subscribers.
Speaker 1: Three years Remember that.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say I forgot that it was that back four years ago.
Speaker 4: No, really, that was pretty wild. Yeah, anyway, how things have changed. The company forecast earnings for share of seventy eight cents in revenue in the twelve point five to seven billion dollar range in the three months ending in June. That was less than Wall Street estimates. Also read Hastings stepping down from the board after twenty nine years at the company. But let's get to some other stocks too. On the move. Energy stocks took a hit today the State Street Energy Select Sector ETF. I picked the whole ETF because every energy name was down. That fell by two point eight percent. This because Brent crude futures fell more than ten percent today, sending energy stocks lower. Also because of potential less potential less volatility. This is a really one CME group fell today. You also saw shares of Intercontinental Exchange, the parent company of the New York Stock Exchange Trade Board Markets, also fell, easing tensions to the middlease could reduce market volatility that drives trading activity. CME shares fell two point nine percent. And finally Figma, we do not forget about AI and the effect of AI on the stocks. Figma fell six point nine percent. Anthropic launched claud Design. It's a product that lets users collaborate with claud to create visual works such as prototypes, slides, and one at pagers. Claud Design is powered by claud Opus four point seven Romain. It's going to roll out to users gradually throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Let's quite check in on yields, because of course that was a big component of the story for the moves that we saw in equities. Equities rallying for a third straight week, in yield dropping for a third straight week on the day. That's what you're looking at here and almost near parallel shift downward in the curve, down about eight basis points on the two year yield and seven basis points on your benchmark ten year yield.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, let's get to some stories that are certainly on our radar. We've got to I think everybody's been kind of talking about this week. Train tickets for the FIFA World Cup will cost one hundred and fifty dollars per round trip train ticket. The New York New Jersey host committee in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Trump so confused by this. No, no, you know, I don't go to New Jersey, but you're from New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: But I'm but I've actually heard otherwise.
Speaker 1: But continue, But just to be clear, I mean this is basically on a normal day, like what like a thirteen dollars ticket, and they're raising it to one hundred something dollar. They can just do that.
Speaker 5: It's surge pricing, surge pricing effectively.
Speaker 1: So can you like the people that aren't going to the World Cup they also have to pay this.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know if they're going to get to go anywhere because regular commuters from Penn Station into New Jersey will actually be suspended for four hours before the match.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So they say work from home on days when they're matches.
Speaker 1: I guess my question L should marked down the days of the World Cup and just assume that nobody's coming into the office.
Speaker 4: Charlie Pellett Charlie Pellett made the good point to me when we were talking about this earlier. He's a huge fan of mass transit, like there have been super voice of mass Super Bowls. He's the voice of best Transit. You're right, super Bowls, you know, at these stadiums before, and they've been able to handle the capacity. So what's so different about the World Cup. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Good question.
Speaker 4: One hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 5: You mentioned the stadium. Yeah, do you want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Because stadium I can't wait.
Speaker 2: To go to.
Speaker 5: Think I've been seeing of myself met when we're coming to New Jersey.
Speaker 3: We're not letting you in the way. Well, sorry, Katie.
Speaker 5: First of all, it's not met life anymore, at least when it comes to the World Cup. It's going to be called the New York New Jersey Stadium, which is insane because it's in New Jersey. It should be the New Jersey New York Stadium that would make the most sense.
Speaker 4: Or maybe just the New Jersey Stadium.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Tim, thank you.
Speaker 4: You know there are sports teams I'm told that play at some of these stadiums that are called the New York something.
Speaker 5: Uh huh yeah, New York Giants, yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, and they play in New Jersey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 1: You just pretend, well, as you know, Tim, I stay away from New Jersey. But I amous though about that. Are they just as FIFA just holding out to get another branding here because that's a very generic name. I me know, no shade on New York New Jersey, But I mean like like they couldn't come up with something creative, Like they couldn't have soccer ball stadium.
Speaker 5: I just don't know, but uh alee Arena, at least for now, or at least for these games, it'll be the New York New Jersey sand of God. Don't just gotta go.
Speaker 3: Hey, Katie, what's up with him?
Speaker 1: There's no off position? What is that?
Speaker 3: Can you unplug him?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: Not until five pm?
Speaker 1: I need him? No, I'm medicine here.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.