Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: I'm Covino. That is Rich CNR on FSR.
Speaker 3: We're usually on from two to four on the West, five to seven on the East. You can always find our podcast search Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: We have a stream. And let's say good morning to Danny G. What up, Danny G?
Speaker 3: Happy Dodger th Hell yeah, dude, Danny G came floating into the studio because he's so pumped about Kershaw. We're going to be talking about that profet on the ones and twos. Good morning, Good to see.
Speaker 2: You, buddy.
Speaker 3: Hi, But we got a list rich about the All Star Game. Pretty pumped to be the only show voted into the All Stars. You know, thanks Fox Sports donation for your votes by our coworkers. Number nine, Yeah, number nine from our colleagues, but number one from the fans, and we appreciate that.
Speaker 2: But I'm excited to be in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: But there's a whole list of superstars that are going to be there and we're hoping to get some great interviews, So definitely check that out on the was it fourteen to fifteenth, sixteenth of this month? Happy Today, ste Jolio everybody. We're getting there. It's gonna be a fun weekend. And it starts right now before we get into Clayton Kershaw and such a tense moment last night. We're gonna talk some NFL today. There's an underrated quarterback that needs his props. Plus, it is fourth of July weekend and we're gonna talk about some of those great blockbuster movies over the years that you love.
Speaker 2: This is like a.
Speaker 3: Big movie weekend. It's also a big weekend for drinking and eating Sparklers. Man, you got your sparkler's ready. You know bad If you don't have your sparklers on standby, you failed. Bro always has to bust out the sparklers and the bank snaps. Do you know you just added something to my list after work today?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 3: Yea Sparklers. I mean that's the bare minimum. But did you know that every year fifteen thousand visits to the emergency room firework injuries. So don't be the asclown that drinks one too many surveys.
Speaker 2: A bunch of guys named and wheelchairs. Back it up, Terry, hack it up, Terry reverse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep your fingers intact and we'll talk more about it as the day goes. I love back it up, Terry, but I wanted to start the show just a quick hypothetical that I just witnessed at the coffee shop on the way, and then we're gonna get to Kershaw.
Speaker 2: But I gotta gotta finesse my way into the show today. Let's wake it up.
Speaker 3: So go to pick up our coffee and there's an old bitty in front of me. O, thank you by the way, Oh, no problem, appreciate it. There's an old biddy in front of me. Her name was probably like Agnes or something. She's up at five am at West Coast time. Who's up at five unless you're working early. Old people love.
Speaker 2: To get a start of the day. Huh.
Speaker 3: No offense to our buddy spot who's on the videos Fox Sports Radios YouTube page streaming Live as we stay, streaming Live, Good morning, and of course everything at Fox Sports Radio and at Covino and Rich. But his mom had a classic old lady named like Phyllis. Oh, the woman in front of me Phyllis. My mom's name is Ortensia, so you can go with that if you want.
Speaker 2: Vanilla Lazze for Phyllis.
Speaker 3: And she's like, oh, sweetheart, is that sugar free for my diabetes? And they're like, oh, sorry, ma'am. And they went to take the coffee and she goes, what are you gonna do with that? And they were gonna dump it, yeah, and she goes, I'll give it to my husband.
Speaker 2: He don't care about the diabetes. So the woman gave a.
Speaker 3: Look like okay, was her name Agnes Brimley any relation to Wilford or.
Speaker 2: No, so missus Brimley.
Speaker 3: I gotta ask when a bartender gets your cocktail wrong or a barista get your coffee wrong, and it's their.
Speaker 2: Fault, she did, they just tell you like, yeah, here, take the other one too.
Speaker 3: Not only that, they should make the offer right if you're gonna tip them for doing nothing half the time. And that's nothing against the barrista, because I do believe. I believe buddistas and bartenders deserve tips, not everybody. But if people are gonna have the nerve to charge you for every little thing, they could offer the extra as well.
Speaker 2: The extra meaning they're a mistake that they made.
Speaker 3: Or sometimes if you're buying a smoothie, they'll make extras like hey, give me that extra. Sometimes they'll be extra milkshake blendor and dump it out.
Speaker 2: Diner's got it right.
Speaker 3: You ever go to a diner get a milkshake and they give you, like the the metal cup too, because there's.
Speaker 2: Extra that's that's just customer service.
Speaker 3: So I just want to throw it out there because my my first instinct was let the old lady get the extra coffee.
Speaker 2: That's just proper.
Speaker 3: So your instinct is to throw it out instead of saying, hey, you can have this one too.
Speaker 2: Straight off a corporate to I don't care corporate or not waste wasteful. It is wastefuls.
Speaker 4: Have you ever tried to not be fat? And when they give you the option of fries or a salad, you go salad and they still accidentally drive off fries and then you're like, no, no, I got the salad. And then when you see them taking the fries away from what exactly what are you gonna do with these fries that are now.
Speaker 2: I'll save them for when I feel like being fat.
Speaker 1: When I go through Taco Bell and they accidentally give me someone else's order or like double up the tacos inside.
Speaker 2: I'm not telling them about that. I'm just taking it. You take it. You take it, but you gotta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think in that case you expect them to give you the extra, not dump it out now. It's ridiculous. If it's your bonehead mistake, that might be a little different. But Cavino, Let's say you water your typical Steve Cavino Tito's and soda and they give you a Tito's.
Speaker 2: In sprite and you're like, I think you eat the sprite? Sweet? What are they gonn dump it? You could say, leave it here, someone will drink.
Speaker 3: Someone in my party here, I'll give it to somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll take it to go if I can't. Yeah, a little kiddy kut.
Speaker 3: I just want to throw it out there because I saw old the old Phyllis like with a little dilemma, like you're gonna don't, especially in a world where wastefuls frowned upon, especially in today's world, that's just so careless, in my opinion, So make the best of it and let someone enjoy it. Absolutely, I think I think phyllis here. What's her name, Barbara, what's her name?
Speaker 2: Eleanor?
Speaker 3: I think the old lady in this story was absolutely right, take it, bring it home now, don't charge the old lady, give it to her old husband, let him have diabetes. Could I tell you the funniest part of all the names we just mentioned. If you're a young mom or dad, those names are all coming back. And the names from our childhood, like Jennifer and Nicole Stephanie, those are gonna be the old lady names at some point, because.
Speaker 2: All those old lady names are the top.
Speaker 3: Little girl, baby speak for your name, because the name speak for yourself, I should say, because the name is Steve's coming back, thanks thanks to minecraft, Steve's hot Lava chicken, whatever it is your old guy named Steve having a moment in twenty twenty five. Steve's on a comeback. All right, Now, what about the name Clayton?
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: As the announcer said last night, in dramatic fashion, Clayton Edward Kershaw. I was like, all right, I've been dramatic, but hey, a very stressful, awesome moment last night in Major League Baseball, the Ravine Risers ready to eruct.
Speaker 2: Gotta let it breathe beautiful. You know how many foc bot tears were shed last night? Oh my god? Yeah, you know how many hard ass Bucktols were there, Like, I'm feeling Gladio emotional right now. That's my guy, that's my gay. It's Fernando in Cleon Edward.
Speaker 4: So last night, beautiful moment. I see his family in attendancy.
Speaker 3: It's so cool, Danny, I gotta give you my first observation as a Mets fan living on the West Coast watching that Dodgers moment. Props to not only the Dodgers but major League Baseball and Commune already alluded to it, letting the moment breathe, because so many times these awesome milestones are rushed along.
Speaker 2: And I remember when the.
Speaker 3: Clock was first put in baseball a couple years ago, the pitch clock. Remember there were some players that were reunions in their hometown and they're like pitch violation because they were so rigid about it, so anal about it.
Speaker 2: I loved it last night. There was no rushing.
Speaker 3: There was Hey, this is a guy that played for one team three thousand strikeouts forth to ever do that, and the reality is that it may never happen again. Because I'm thinking of the young cats like a Schiens or school. But I'm like, do you think they're gonna be on one team their whole career, that would be unlikely. Speaking of Skiens and some of the big dogs today, it's gonna take a lot, it's gonna take it to.
Speaker 2: Three thought to get there.
Speaker 3: And that might be the last time, one of the last times that we ever see that in our lifetime, making it extra special.
Speaker 2: And there's so many.
Speaker 3: Layers to what we saw last night, and so many things that probably ran through your brain that we're gonna touch on them all throughout the day. But the first thing that I think of, aside from man one team eighteen plus years and just do the math based on how guys go what five or six usually Now you'd have to I know this is simple math, but for fifteen years, you'd have to average two hundred strikeouts, and two hundred strikeouts not what it was in the eighties or nineties when we were growing up, because you know, guys are throwing three three fifty strikeouts back in the day, the Nolan Ryans of the world. But now the league leader every year is in the two hundred. So you'd have to average two hundred strikeouts for fifteen seasons. So three thousand strikeouts is becoming increasingly difficult. My first question, based on history being made in that moment, was did he have to do it there? Which made it even more intensified, more amazing, more exciting because Ave Roberts had said that he was going to manage differently, unconventionally, because fans were there just for that moment, just for that moment, and it was a big moment.
Speaker 2: It was a game at home.
Speaker 3: Situations were perfect, it was all lined up, but Man Kershaw was pushing him to the limit, approaching one hundred pitches.
Speaker 2: You don't want to.
Speaker 3: Extend the guy. He hadn't done it in years. Was he going at again? I think absolutely not? So did he have to do it in that moment? And does everybody know the name of the guy he struck out? And no, because we're all wrapped up in the man. You see what happened to Muncie, but Man Kershaw and Freeman whoa Kershaw?
Speaker 2: Dude? Kershaw struck out Vinny caap bro.
Speaker 4: Vinny Cappra got him looking yeah, which was beautiful for his three thousandth career strikeout in the sixth inning yesterday, the twentieth pitcher at MLB history to reach three thousand strikeouts.
Speaker 3: And again the fourth to do it all on one team. But question one, did he have to do it there? Do you think he would have went out one more time? Being that the whole crowd was there, he needed just one more He got it.
Speaker 2: The last out in the inning to prove how rare it is.
Speaker 3: By the way, Yeah, over the last ten years in Major League Baseball, Chris Sale did it twice and your boy Artgert Cole did it one time, meaning hit three hundred strikeouts. So it is like what he's done is, you know, more remarkable when you think of it that way. To answer your question, everb one, I almost felt bad because the last thing I said on our show yesterday here on Fox Sports Radio, I said, wouldn't be funny if he was stuck at two strikeouts?
Speaker 4: And I told you don't you dare put that out there in the universe.
Speaker 3: And Danny hits baby goes turn on the Dodgers game, You idiot, he's stuck at two strikeouts, And all I kept thinking was Dave Roberts, who is a World Series champion as a player and a manager, World Series hero at the red size, And here's a guy who gets criticized a lot for being such a big winner. He is put in such a scenario here where I'm thinking he can't pull him no matter what. Faty thousand people there s how much could you possibly extend him in that moment? I think you had to keep going really then it feels the longer you do that, it starts feeling forced.
Speaker 2: But the fans were there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not a Dodgers fan, but I'm a baseball fan. I'm a fan of greatness, and everybody wants to see this happen. I had the nervous farts watch and I'm like, he's gotta get it now or it's not happening tonight. It does ruins the moment. It doesn't matter now. I don't think he was going out again. It doesn't matter now because it happened. But I was actually talking to my wife and my mother in law's in town for the holiday of watching the kids. I was saying, I was extribed describing this scenario to them. I'm like, all right, so he's at home fifty thousand people while it's happening, and I said, what if he doesn't do My wife's like, well, would they sit him until they were back at Dodger Stadium, and I go, I wonder if they would have like, I don't think so, But hold on thinking about that. You have skipped to start just to get him back at the stadium.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't think so, do you.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't contrived, They wouldn't have done that.
Speaker 3: I've never really seen it that forced before. It's very special, I agreed. But imagine you're a fan and you're there on a weeknight to watch this, and you're so close because you want to be part of it too. I know that's a selfish way to think it's Kershaw's moment, but you want to be able to be that Dodger fan to say I was there for that.
Speaker 2: But you're once try got away and you weren't.
Speaker 3: So you're like, as a fan, you want it for him, you want it for you, You want it for the bragging right to be part of history is all these things.
Speaker 2: He had to do it.
Speaker 3: There, which made it even more incredible and more amazing, like that he actually pulled it off, no offense to our friends and affiliate up in Milliawaukee. But do you think his next star, which is likely I'm looking at the schedule in Milwaukee against the Brewers.
Speaker 2: Is that where he wanted to do it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love that's a great ballpark, great fan base, but he had to do it last night. I don't care if he hit one hundred pitches. Dave Roberts had a call like the all time, like old school audible, like, yo, kid, you want to go out there, keep going, You're not gonna pull Clayton Kershaw stuck on two strikeouts, and I think he was already pushing it at that point.
Speaker 4: He already dude, already over extended.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: His kid was had a dad three thousand strikeout shirt on Stanboy.
Speaker 2: It had to be done then, and he did it.
Speaker 3: And again something I'll touch later on also makes you show how difficult to strike out is when you need one, right, because I was like, dude, come on, because it could be a pop up, could be a grab out, it could be anything, right, or he just keeps getting hit because you could see they started making contact too against him.
Speaker 4: It was the first time I heard the Dodger crowd ever boob when somebody was put out from a grounder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not the way we want to know.
Speaker 3: I know that wild Man to state the obvious and I mean that because I really want you to think about it. Think about the difference between doing it in front of fifty thousand of your hometown fans, where it means so much not only to you in the city but to every fan there, versus doing it in Milwaukee, where no one really cares. They don't deserve that many thousand people wanted to be able to From now on, say I was there when Kershaw hit three thousand.
Speaker 2: He gave a gift to fifty thousand fans.
Speaker 3: I mean the electricity, the curtain call waving and blown kisses at his kids and family. Like you said, vapto tears or a shed fox tears a great moment and dulse in LA only have ninety six tier drops and they wasted a bunch of them last night. Yoh, is it safe to say, is it that's my guy? Is it safe to say that baseball really handled it perfectly? Let me go back to that, because I am okay with Hey, guy hits fifty thousand yards in the NFL, they stopped the game. I don't know, Peyton Manny gets to hold up the ball, and I'm okay with those moments. I'm okay with the Ricky rest in peace, steals his base. They take a moment so he can hold up the bag. I don't think any player is objecting to that, right, do you think there's anyone you think does anyone? That's the wall. That's what the game's about. These are special moments, these are milestones. These aren't things you see every day. So yeah, they did the right thing by letting it breathe, let the fans enjoy it. That's why they go to the games. And you've watched this guy's whole career pan out when he was a young man to an older man, as a single guy, to a married guy with kids, you know, as a young, spry, handsome looking dude, to like a guy who's sort of hobbling out there seven year old, a feared, young, cy young award winner to a like you're right, a hobbling, crafty veteran who is now you know, kept the zero in the l column thanks to Freddy save that, who.
Speaker 2: Made that a perfect night for the Dodgers fans.
Speaker 3: Perfect night. It's kind of gross that the Dodgers had such a perfect which is why it's gonna be perfect when the Mets beat him in seven in the playoffs, So.
Speaker 2: We'll see about that.
Speaker 3: So we'll take your observations at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. And again there's several layers to the story. We're going to touch on it throughout the show throughout the day, Covino and Richard for Dan Patrick, but Danny g any other final observations you want to touch on, like what were you doing in that moment?
Speaker 2: Did you shed about though? Tier? Maybe these are all questions that need to be answered.
Speaker 4: I mean, clay Kershaw has been Clayton has been one of the favorite players of Dodger fans for years now, so and of course to see him come back from a couple of big time injuries and still be with the team. And I think it's rich who every time the Dodgers give him a one year contractor rich is like or maybe you cove that's the best deal in baseball because.
Speaker 3: He wanted he got the hometown discount and he stayed, and I thought it was always the best move.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it was beautiful.
Speaker 4: You mentioned what a moment for everybody in attendance, how about all the families and Dodger fans across the country. And I'm sorry if you're a Dodger hater. I get that too, But because Cove, I'm about to bring up a bad memory for you, the World Series against your Yankees. That was the last time my family was all gathered together in the living room watching a Dodgers game so closely. Last night, the whole family just glued to every moment of that game on the TV, and it was emotional. As you know, lifelong Dodger fans, you don't get moments like that too often.
Speaker 3: You've got to step out of the seat right you're standing up, I would imagine at some point I stood up just here in the replay just now, so amazing. I thought the inning before when he struck out the last batter.
Speaker 2: Also was pretty you know, like you care. He was walking up the.
Speaker 4: Mouth and everyone's we haven't even really touched on I know it was against the White Sox, I know, but we haven't touched on the fact that Freddie Freeman waits to rope one there for the walk off. So what a night. And it has just been a beautiful season so far for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: How do you think the Capra family feels today.
Speaker 3: El Vinny, you had to be the guy way to disrespect the family name. You know, I've always you and I have joked about this that listen again, Vinnie Capra is the guy that's struck at it. There's dumb misconceptions in sports, like we're saying how he wanted to do it at home? You know, we say, sometimes does a team want to lose on the road so they could clinch at home? No one wants to lose, And I get it in sports you want to get the win when you can. But we've seen it in sports all the time, when you win a championship on the road, it's just not the same.
Speaker 2: And if he would have done that.
Speaker 3: On the road, right, it would have been a waste.
Speaker 4: I think what made me emotional was watching his kids react to it, because now that I'm a new dad for the first time, I have a little one on my own, and I hope that someday he gets to watch, you know, me helping your show blow up and do big things. See, yeah, seeing your dad accomplished something like that, that is so cool.
Speaker 3: Danny G did you pick up your overly sized little boy and pointed to TV and they called him and they see.
Speaker 4: He was too busy running around with not one, but two whiffleball bats and was hitting all of us in our knee caps with the baseball bats.
Speaker 3: I thought he was doing fan bam running around his diaper. I did notice one thing that I was like, oh, that's what he went with kid. One of his kids was running that weak ass city connectors that you guys have. Really yeah, and I remember being I'm like, okay, I thought that was cool and kids will wear whatever. But anyway, your observations, We'll go through all of it, get you involved. That's what we do, the most inclusive show on Radio Covino and rich In for the great Dan Patrick. It's always a pleasure to be here, and it's an extended Dan Patrick Patrick meaning we're on today, we're off tomorrow for the holiday.
Speaker 2: Then you got hot talks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got hot talks to eat me and Joey Chestnut, and then on Monday and Tuesday will also be here. So day one of our extended hat Traine, So your thoughts on Clayton Karshaw eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox and we're going to talk some NFL coming up. There's a story about Travis Kelce and an anniversary of one of the greatest movies of all time. We're going to talk some old school Fourth of July blockbusters coming up right here. Covino and rich In for the great Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search f s are to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Ben, host of the Fifth Hour with Ben Maller.
Speaker 5: Would mean a lot to have you join us on our weekly auditory journey.
Speaker 2: You're asking, what in God's name is the Fifth Hour? I'll tell you it's a spin off of it.
Speaker 5: Ben Maler show a cult hit overnights on FSR.
Speaker 2: Why should you listen? Picture if you will a world will.
Speaker 5: We chat with captains of industry in media, sports, and more every week explore some amazing facts about human nature and more. Listen to The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast, or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick. Day one of our segmented extended hat trick. Because we're on again Monday and Tuesday holiday weekend is here.
Speaker 2: Got to be pumped about that?
Speaker 3: Happy Trieste Julio Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio and the Hottest Rookies, biggest Superstars, and all time greats.
Speaker 2: The only place to collect them all is Panini.
Speaker 3: Trading Cards, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 2: What do you think the Hottest Rookie is? For?
Speaker 3: Instant classics, autograph cards, memorabillion cards, rare inserts and more. Start or continue your collection now at Panini America dot net. And I got a little five year old son, and I'm telling you, baseball cards are back in such a big way.
Speaker 2: Baseball's back in. Baseball's back in such a big way.
Speaker 3: But I coach a bunch of little kids and sometimes I'll drop them a pack of cards and they have the excitement you did in nineteen eighty seven with your wood border tops.
Speaker 2: Remember those?
Speaker 3: I think was that the most popular baseball card of our childhood? The eighty seven to one, Yeah, eighty seven tops with the wood like your grandma's basement. I'm trying to think of the hottest one of that year, because the hottest card of our childhood was the eighty six Conseco rated Rookie Don Russ.
Speaker 4: I haven't I have an Azzie Smith of that wood bordered year and it's autographed.
Speaker 3: I remember as a little kid being like, wait Ozzie Smith was on the padres we for like a quick minute, and the he had an fro in his his rookie card. I believe he shares with someone else. I'd have to look it up. I know I have his rookie, so check it out. Last night was a magical night. Yeah, really beautiful night. As lame as that sounds, it was, it was amazing beautiful because situations were set up perfectly and it actually happened the way you would see in a movie.
Speaker 2: It was a movie script laid out perfectly.
Speaker 3: And even for me, Danny G there was no Love Island to watch last night, so I had plenty.
Speaker 2: Of time to tune in.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not a Dodgers fan ofm a Yankees guy, but I was like, man, this is great. I got to watch history. But dude, he's got to do it right now. And it happened, and there's so many layers to the moment, and we're gonna again unfrol them, unfold them together throughout the day. But right now, the number eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Everything at Covino and Rich. Remember to follow our podcast, follow rate and review five stars only because anything less is uncivilized.
Speaker 2: Just search Coveno and Rich.
Speaker 3: We got to talk to your boy, your boy, my boy, your boy, Travis Kelsey.
Speaker 2: I do want to talk about Kelsey, but I will.
Speaker 3: Say it didn't feel forced, because I mean it.
Speaker 2: Was starting to but listen, because I'm like, you gotta pull this guy.
Speaker 3: A strikeout is it's something you need to accomplish, Like, no batter is going to just be like, all right, all strike out.
Speaker 2: They're too competitive.
Speaker 3: No one wants to be Clayton Kershaw's strike out number three thousand.
Speaker 2: It's not like he Capro wanted to be that guy.
Speaker 3: It's not like the NFL Week eighteen where some guy needs forty two yards to hit a big bonus so they like, forcibly dump a couple passes to him. That's not it. He needed to earn this. And it started to get a little nerve wracking. Dodger fans were breaking out their pep though they had those stomach aches because for a minute.
Speaker 2: You're like, Steve Roberts gonna have to pull this guy with.
Speaker 3: Two strikeout, and I started does everybody do this? Is this a sports like an unspoken sports thing. When nerves are so high, you to start like wiping down the count, are pacing, like sweeping the floor. You're just like doing everything but watching because you're so nervous about it. But you got like one eye your puri falls on like the screen, but the other eyes like on You're like cleaning up or something because you're so the nerves are so hogh.
Speaker 4: Our cribs are spotless after NFL Sundays?
Speaker 2: Yo, what is that? Can he do? His girlfriends like, why do you got the wood clean out? What's going out? I'm like, I can't watch. He's gotta do it right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I started, you know, you start getting up and pacing around and straighten it up because your your anxiety's at next level. And again, I'm not a Dodgers fan or a Clayton Kershaw guy.
Speaker 2: It's just it's greatness. We've seen his whole career. It was awesome.
Speaker 3: But now Kelsey, we'll come back to Kershaw. Travis Kelcey, Hey, listen, the guy. I was gonna say. He's in the news. He's always in the news. He's dating Taylor Swift. He was wearing a black shirt shoes the other day with white socks, and everyone's like fashionable, and I'm like that look is never good. But why because he's Travis Kelsey with Taylor Swift what was it again, church shoes with white sock. Michael Jackson was wearing black leather like low for looking chees like he was Michael Jackson with white socks, and it's like, look at the style, like pig like style.
Speaker 2: What is that he talked the other day about.
Speaker 3: And we can't relieve himself on the golf course anymore because Papa Razzi's everywhere.
Speaker 2: He has to Actually, here's a restroom.
Speaker 3: I know that is one of the downsides of being super popular. He can't do those little things now, he recently said when asked, what's like the worst thing he's ever done? And I saw the headline and I got caught about not blocking the super Bowl. Now that was kind of weak, like worst thing. I say that respectfully. I like Kelsey, He's a good dude. I was like, worst thing. I'm waiting for some like raunchy stuff like well, there was this one time in Vegas with hookers, like worst thing. Oh, he said, the worst thing he ever did. Was that show Chasing Kelsey and funny enough back in the day. Cavino and I that was the first time we met Travis Kelsey. He came on our then serious XM show to promote his dating show, A young Travis kelce if you forget, had a show where twenty five something women were vying for his love. When network was that out. I'm trying to remember it was like a Bravo at the.
Speaker 4: Time, or I don't remember True VH one, True TV or something that was v one for some reason.
Speaker 3: I do might've been meeting him though, And I'll tell you my first impression. You knew Travis Kelcey was a football player, but I do remember thinking what a stud The guy was giant, Like in real life, he's giant, even even before him being the New Heights podcast megastar and mister Taylor, So before that, You're right, there was a sense of like, yeah, he's a cool, good looking young player.
Speaker 2: I could see why he's popular.
Speaker 4: It was produced by E Oh, okay, Catching Kelsey.
Speaker 3: I think it was like E and maybe Style Network or something like affiliated. You were confused to get Danny with your other favorite dating show, Flavor of love, but yeah, he was part of that whole world of dating shows. And was it this past Super Bowl or the year before? It was the year before. We interviewed ed Kelsey his dad and even ed said that he tried to talk his son out of that and so dumb and he hated it. So even his dad spoke to us about it at the Super Bowl saying that it was an embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Moment for him in the family. He hated.
Speaker 3: And truthfully, here's the funny part. Travis Kelcey is such a star at this point that you heard Covido correctly. We interviewed his dad at the Super Bowl and it's one of our most viewed YouTube videos. Immediately had millions of original because it was tied to Kelsey, who was like the hottest guy in the world right now over the last year. It was a Super Bowl that everyone was talking to Donna about. Remember everyone was talking to Donna Kelsey, who, by the way, isn't she that cast it on some reality show now or it's like she's on a major show. They just cast at Donna Kelcey, I like Dancing with the Star, the Golden Bachelor. No, look it up, hold on, they just cast her because everyone wants a piece the Kelsey hype. No, that's what everyone was talking. She has a food food child belief. Everyone was so caught up in the hype they wanted to talk to Donna. Donna, Donna, Donna. How does it feel to be the mom of Travis and Jason? Blah blah blah. Jason's wife is a podcaster now show. Everyone in that whole circle is huge. So we were offered Ed and we're like, we'll talk to Ed. Seems like a nice guy. Yeah, and he was, but he did tell us the same thing. So when Travis says it's the worst thing he's ever done, it seems to be no secret within the family.
Speaker 2: Within the Kelsey family.
Speaker 3: Though, it was an embarrassing moment, but you know what, not a bad embarrassing moment to have. Oh, man, you were on a dating show because you're such a hot commodity. Man, tell me more like, that's kind of a good thing to look back on. People have a lot worse in their life. If that's your worst moment, that then you're doing all right. But let me ask you personally, we'd love to hear your stories or if you could think of your favorite atha fleet or your favorite celebrity that you could clearly point out, Yo, that's their worst moment, Like yo, I love this actor, but this is the worst movie they ever did. Or you know, I'm a huge fan of this band. That album was trash, Like what is the worst stuff done by somewhat of greatness? Well, I'll give you an example, like Metallica is getting ready for a big weekend, fourth July weekend. They're gonna be in Birmingham performing for Black Sabbath's final show. Wow, yeah, the rock fans big reunion of Black Sabbath. They haven't performed in over twenty years together. And it's in Ozzie's hometown of Birmingham, and so many rock bands are going to be there to perform and pay tribute and Metallica is going to be out there.
Speaker 2: So many people hated like Garage inc.
Speaker 3: Like dude, that's their worst album or anything after kill them All? Like, you know, people have those those opinions about look, you have to be great to begin with even be in that conversation, right, you had to have greatness to have a stinker. So what was it? And by the way, Dona Kelcey is casted on The Traders Season four on Peacock.
Speaker 2: Isn't it like a villain show? The Traders?
Speaker 3: Sona Kelsey Y's done it now, so again everyone wants a piece of the action because everything Travis does or the Kelseys do turns to gold. Now, what's the worst thing they've done? I gave you Metallica garage. That's just my example to garagjinc. I think personally, we all have our stories and they're far worse than Look, man, I was on a dating show and all these hot chicks wanted me, but it was real embarrassing. I mean, that's a bragging right for anybody else I'm trying to think. I mean, I could think of legends that have done lame ass stuff. But as far as our show, Covino and Rich, we've had some swings and misses, but you know, it stands out to me because it was so bad. It was funny. Oh please tell me. I was trying to think of some of our worst career moments. Oh boy, there was one time where and sometimes it's a matter of just not saying no.
Speaker 2: When you should.
Speaker 3: They're like, hey, do you guys we're doing a TV show in New York On s n Y the METS Network, and they're like, hey, do you guys want to do a whole thing where you cover a dog show?
Speaker 2: And we were like, oh, maybe we were too ambitious and confidence and we could make this call.
Speaker 3: I remember them doing like, yeah, you guys, send someone out and do what we can do a piece on you guys like the dog show, the Westminster Dog Show, and I was like, we didn't make it funny. And I remember being the whole time this little segment aired. I remember being like, are you really covering a dog show right now? That was a good one, And I'm just thinking, like, there are moments where you interviewed some you know, weak ass person and won't take your feedback. Think about your favorite artists. And by the way, speaking of favorite assett, I said Garage Nink, I met Saint Anger by Metallica, or some people say Death Magnetic, but uh, scene Anger is what I meant before as far as their stinker, and that's all debatable. Yeah, but let's get to some of your examples. I have an example of my own life that I think most people would say, but I'm not sure if that's the answer your weakest moment and uh, hey, call out one of your favorite athletes, musicians, actors. I'll give you one and then we'll we'll take your feedback. I mean, wouldn't you agree that for many generations al Pacino's like a badass actor?
Speaker 2: Who are al Pacino? Al Pacino was an I think your big time I'll show you big time.
Speaker 3: Al Pacino was in an Adam Sandler movie called Jack and Jill.
Speaker 2: Which is the worst movie.
Speaker 3: Wherever, where he's singing a song called Dunkkucinos don't cut dunk dunk dunka Dunkucinos and don't mind if I do. It can't be a moment. By the way, I think we watched that movie. I think we watched it with the wrong sort of minds. I think it's meant for four year olds that movie. Check might be you know, you know what. We'll take your feedback next right here? Can you not rich in for the Great Dan Patrick?
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: All right, could be no rich hit for Dan Patrick the third of July live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Remember after the show, the DP podcast and our stream goes up, So if you miss any of today's show, be sure to listen to the podcast. Search Coveno and Rich, CoV I, n O, COVID usually comes.
Speaker 2: Up first, but power through that miserable memory. Get to the end in Coveno and you're all set.
Speaker 3: Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts. And Saturday Morning, Danny G has our best of the week dropping, so be sure to follow, rate and review the podcast. Rate at five stars. We appreciate that and speak in a podcast Rich. Because we're doing the show earlier today, we have our own Patreon that we're gonna do after this. After that, we're gonna do over Promise today. So it's a busy ass day heading into the holiday. We're going to start my holiday weekend early. No no over promises our bonus pod because blabermouth.
Speaker 2: Here Dickie Davis. Yeah, he over.
Speaker 3: Promises things we never get to, so we do it on Over Promised. Episode ninety nine debuts today four pm Eastern I'm sorry, four pm on the West, seven pm Eastern. So number now eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, talking about the worst moments of your life because Travis Kelcey. I mean, but that sounds very sad though, meaning like the worst thing you missed in a funny way, like that the worst moment of your life my grandma died, you know, like missteps, your missteps. I mean, but Travis Kelsey's is laughable when you think about it, because he says the worst thing he ever did. I guess professionally is the dating show he was on, Chasing Kelsey embarrassing, probably because it goes against him. Even though he's like at the playboy type, he's also like the Ausschucks humble guys. And that was whole Brandon persona is that he's like not only like you know, the cool tight end and the super Bowl champion. He has to appease, to appeal and appease all these swifties. So do you think he wants footage out there where he's probably a playboy on the show, Like yo, ladies, you know he probably is embarrassed by it, right, I would say, it's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: So we'll go to your phone calls.
Speaker 3: Now, think about the worst missteps in people's careers.
Speaker 2: Let's try to keep it light.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, Like I said, these are all silly.
Speaker 2: Like my example was al Pacino, who was a legend. Whoah.
Speaker 3: Al Pacino was in the movie Jack and Jill with Adam Sandler and did this bit if you remember, Wow.
Speaker 2: It's not all anymore. It's duck dunk Cacino. Don't mind if I do what's my name dunk Gina. It's a whole new game dunk Cacchino. You want creamy goodness, I'm your friend. Say hello to my chocolate Glen out of Akua lucky like this whole child is out of sight.
Speaker 3: They put me back in with Hazel up to Carmel swirl.
Speaker 2: I know it was you. Everyone wants my dunk Cachino.
Speaker 3: I can't get enough of my dunk caccino kitsch from seven to seven Tino lying, Oh boy, my dunk Carcino.
Speaker 2: What's my name dunk ca Gino? Don't get a dunkin dunkt nuncle dun car Gina.
Speaker 3: The fact that al Pacino did a Dunkkucino song in a Sandlor movie, I don't think that's his moment. And by the way, that movie's so bad that I watched at Rich's house with him, and it was when he first started dating his wife. Yeah, and it was so bad that they fell asleep at their place. And I'm sitting there like, I gotta watch the rest of this.
Speaker 2: What do I do now?
Speaker 3: And by the way, let it be known, I'm a huge Adam Sandler fan. Oh yes, I'm excited about Happy Gilmore. You might be listening right now. There goes our chances of being in a movie ever. A big Dan Patrick, Damn Patrick's movies. Not you guys talking smackeroo about the Seeing Man. Oh, look at it, not talking about Jack. And that's one of my greats, my best movies ever. So it's known that it's one of al Pacino's biggest missteps based on the Kelsey thing. Names some others mean, way cooler than anything we've done. I haven't done a Dunkecino commercial, dude. Well, we'll take your feedback on that, and of course we'll talk a bunch of NFL and we'll go some old school blockbuster movies also on the agenda today, so you name it, we'll get to it all coming up next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: That's on me. Apparently this clock is off. Well hold on, now, we're we're not going to break. That's like thirty seconds to kill.
Speaker 4: Oh we were told you have thirty extra seconds here o sweet seconds.
Speaker 2: That's my name. Well all right, well coming up, let me gives me a chance to tell you what we got. Coming up.
Speaker 3: We are going to talk I guess said about old school blockbuster movies. What are those movies that came out around the fourth of July. I'm gonna name some. I want to say we all agree on which ones are the best. Well, you got Jurassic World Rebirth this weekend, so I.
Speaker 2: Don't think that'll be in your top three.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna be my top three, but it's gonna make an impact this weekend for sure. Plus your boy Aaron Judge, I think is doing something pretty pretty cool in the world of endorsements. I think it's gonna bring something back to the Little League pony ball scene. So we'll get to all that coming up coming on rich In for the great damn pass right, Yes,