Speaker 1: It's time for Donkeys today. Donkey today does not discriminate.
Speaker 2: I might now have the song today, but I got the donkey day paste.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: I need to be an It's the practice club, bitch.
Speaker 1: Please them keep today today well as Sharon Donkey of today. But Tuesday, June tenth goes to a seventy two year old pastor.
Speaker 2: From Alabama named Roy Powell.
Speaker 1: Okay, Pastor Roy is the pastor Seed the Street Missionary Baptist Church and Alabama dropping includes moms to see the Street Missionary Baptist Church. Okay, salute everybody who listens to us on one on three point one to beat in Birmingham and one on four point one to beat in Montgomery, Alabama. Respectfully, Now, what do you expect of your pastor? What is expected of a pastor? Most people expect their pastor to lead the church community. They expect their pastor to guide them spiritually, morally and in practical matters. Okay. This includes teaching the Word of God okay, providing pastoral care, leading worship, and in showing the church as well being. Do we need the pastor to be a role model? The answer is yes, Okay, we need a pastor that reflex the teachings of the Gospel. You must practice what you preach in order to be an impactful pastor. Okay, Roy Powell has been a pastor for thirty years, so clearly he has been that, and you can tell he's been that by the way his congregation is choosing to stick beside him, even though he was charged with first degree robbery. What do you mean, Pastor Power was charged with first degree robbery? Uncle, Shawla, My pastor don't have to steal from nobody. We'd be having two, sometimes three collections on Sundays, the general offering, a special offering to build a church pool and a thank you offering for a pastor because he is a good man. He needs a new Hondai sonata. So my pastor don't got no reason to rob nobody. Well, let's go to Fox ten news for the report.
Speaker 2: Police tonight, a well known local pastor is out of jail charged with first degree robbery. Investigators say seventy two year old Roy Powell took a man's book bag at gunpoint yesterday morning on Mobile Street. The alleged victim, who doesn't want to be identified, tells me he was walking to the post office when Powell was walking towards him on the sidewalk and bumped into him.
Speaker 1: He said, he like using my way. I'm walking down to that watch where you're going, and we had words back and forth, he alleged.
Speaker 2: Victim tells me Powell left the scene after they exchanged words. Minutes later, he tells me Powell came back in a truck and with a gun that he used to pistol whip the man in the head. According to this sign at the Cedar Street Missionary Baptist Church, Powell is a pastor here, and court documents say he's been a pastor for thirty years. These court documents say Powell actually went back to the scene to apologize. He's charged with first degree robbery.
Speaker 1: What if Heaven was hell and vice versa. It's too corrupt knowing that God's gonna help me blow him up. That wasn't Past De Royce, that was Past de Troy, and Pastor Troy was teaching that young man a lesson. See, this is what happens when you don't tie. Okay, tiven is not a strict requirement for salvation, but it is seeing as a test of faith. Okay, past to say you're gonna give up that ten percent in my mind, that's how this happened. Okay, Pastor Power. Walking down the street, they bump into each other. Pastor says, you was in my way. The devil got busy and made that young man have a back and forth. Past the Power said, I know God protects me, but I still stay with my dad. So, according to the victim, he left the scene. Now I'm gonna tell you what happened. Now, I'm gonna tell you what happened. It's just in my mind. Pastor Power went home and prayed over his pistol. He didn't proceeded to grab his holy hammer, his godly glock. Then he went back to confront this heathen who don't be tivin and preceded the pistol with this man in the name of Jesus. Okay, Divine discipline is what it's called now. In the Bible Roman twelve nineteen, it says, beloved, never avenge yourself, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written vengeance's mind. I will repay, says the Lord. That's what made Pastor Roy return to the scene of the crime and a polo jo because he knew in that moment he let the devil use him. But again I ask, what if heaven was hell and vice versa, would you start doing evil in order to nurture? He had to apologize, because that's the Christian way, acknowledge the wrong and express remorse. Gotta ask for forgiveness after you pistol whip somebody, not just from God but from others, especially the person you heard. Then you repent. Okay, you gotta make a sincere effort to change and avoid repeating the mistake. But Pastor Roy seventy two, if this is true, that wasn't his first pistol whipping, and it won't be his last, especially if y'all don't go to church and give up that ten percent. I don't feel like I gave him the credit he deserved for being stupid, But it's because what if heaven was hele and vice versa? Please get Pastor Roy Powell the biggest he huh, y'all better time? That's right, I do every Sunday. You better I do?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for that. Donkey Today. Sirtain Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael to Bull lambing soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to bull dot com. That's Michael to bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.
Speaker 2: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club