Speaker 1: Phone Elvis Duran, Elvis Duran. Phone tap.
Speaker 2: All right, here comes the phone tap, our favorite phone tap. Sometimes are the ones where we don't really do anything. We let you make the call, like today's. The email came in, Dear Elvis Durant. My husband bought me a forty thousand dollars engagement ring when we first got engaged seven years ago. Well, a couple of years ago. We were moving out of our old house and I lost the ring. He was so mad and frustrated with me, but he bought me another. So why don't we call him today and tell him that I lost my new ring. Oh no, man, this comes to us from Sonya. Obviously. Sonya loves to be very irritating. Sonya is going to start the call. She does all the work herself until we busted it at the end. Here's today's you make the call phone tap.
Speaker 3: Hello. Hey, Hi, Listen, I went to shop right this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When I came home, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I realized that the diamond was missing from the ring.
Speaker 1: You had the ring on your finger and the diamond is missing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have the ring, just the center stone is missing.
Speaker 1: How could the center stone be missing?
Speaker 3: So listen, I closed shop Right to see if anybody found something.
Speaker 1: And yeah, like, if someone from Shop Right finds a diamond that size, they're gonna return it. If I found a diamond, you think I'd give it back? Oh my god, Well, you gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 3: Listen, my mom's gonna come over and watch the kids. I'm gonna go back to the store.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god. If this is the second time it happened that you lost this ring, the.
Speaker 3: First time wasn't my phone.
Speaker 1: I know the first time wasn't your fault, so but you know what, you would think that the second time around you were lucky enough to get a replaced and you'd be more careful with it. I need lose it on purpose, right, so I know you didn't lose it on purpose to wear it. Oh, I'm having a chest pain and the doctor last week told me to avoid stress. It finds me avoid stress.
Speaker 3: That's a classic that told you not to get stressed.
Speaker 1: Not to his doctor tells me a stress is his wife losing engagement ring twice?
Speaker 3: Didn't you tell me the last time? Don't get upset, It's only a ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the first time. But how can it happen two times? How can it happen? Most people go to your entire lives with one diamond ring. You've had two in the freaking past seven years. Oh my god, I mean there's a limit to my understanding. So I'm sitting here shaking. I'm so angry.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we'll find it.
Speaker 1: You sure will find it, like you was sure we were going to find the first one. Where's that one? Who? Where's the first one?
Speaker 3: You sitting down?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know what I did? I had?
Speaker 1: Why is a credit card bill of like fifteen thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: Why I sold the first ring? I sold it to Derek? What they didn't want you to find?
Speaker 1: What about a credit card? What's fifteen thousand dollars? On the American inspected it was fifteen thousand, fifteen thousand dollars credit card bill? Yeah, that I didn't know about. What the hell did you buy for fifteen thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: You know, things for the house?
Speaker 1: Thanks for the house. My father's house costs fifteen thousand dollars. What are you buying fifteen thousand dollars for things.
Speaker 3: For the house?
Speaker 1: We couldn't even What else do I know about? Could you know last, make stop making a list of that I don't know about. Maybe it's time he.
Speaker 3: Told me we can probably buy it back from Derek.
Speaker 1: What will probably buy I mean, we don't have any debt now, so I gotta buy back a ring from Derek. It's yeah, I don't believe this. I must be in the twilight zone.
Speaker 3: But at least I sold it back to the jeweler.
Speaker 1: Who cares who you sold it back to? Oh maybe I don't care if you sold it back to some junkie on the street. You think that makes a difference who you sold it back to. You lied, You lied, and it's not one lie. It's like a lie on a lie on a lie. And now you want me to leave this job to go help you look for this ring. The bulls is unreal, The balls is unreal.
Speaker 2: Are you serious? Why it's Elvis Durant man. You've been phone tapped.
Speaker 1: This is not funny.
Speaker 3: I ain't save the first ring.
Speaker 1: I really lost it, and I didn't lose the second one, so you okay, No, I'm not I'm still going to the emergency. Elvis Duran phone tap. This phone tab was pre recorded with permission granted by
Speaker 2: All participates Duran phone tab were Elvis Duran in the morning show