Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Jimmer for Trend. That's a reference to Jimmer for Debt, a deep cut basketball player reference, but not so deep, not so deep as I thought. Because Johnny Davis aka Sst. Spice Schorch Show Title Spice came through with the Olympic Basketball akas and put Jimmer Fredett on there Jimmer for Trend, and I was like, what is he talking about? And it turns out Jimmer for Deett, a great shooter out of by U, over hyped NBA draft pick who never quite panned out in the league, is on the three on three men's basketball team in these Olympics.
Speaker 2: Oh good for you.
Speaker 1: First of all, like I think I had read before the last Olympics, a three round three basketball was going to happen. I don't think I watched it. I think the US did very badly, and so it just like didn't become a thing.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know it was a thing until just now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So in the in the twenty twenty Olympics, gold went to Latvia, Bronze, Serbia, Russia won the silver, and the US like didn't even they have like one through eight and then the US just has like a little dot next to their name. I don't even know what they raged.
Speaker 2: They raged the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Oh they didn't even qualify.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow. Anyways, come on, Jim Jimmer, back at it again. Yeah, I think it's half court. So you know, our five on five men's team, I were like, you know, actual basketball team is very old. They're like the space Cowboys of the Dream teams. You know, their last job one, that last job they pulled me back in. And this team is even older our three on three team. The youngest person is thirty. Like, they don't even have young people to counterbalance the olds.
Speaker 2: A thirties young man to me what I'd give.
Speaker 1: To me, yes too, in basketball years to.
Speaker 2: Not physical condition. That's around twenty six.
Speaker 1: All right, Miles, you're Miles, I'm Jack.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: And that's just how we talk. Uh and uh. We're going to talk about some of the things that are trending. Obviously we're going to get back to some catch fucking because that is going off on the internet today. Oh my god, despite the fact that it was debunked, not just by it, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter fact it seems to have picked up momentum because it was debunk But first, this is a debunking that I think is actually or like an explainer that I think might actually be true. There's a TikTok video where someone is trying to explain why Trump keeps bringing up Hannibal Lecter in the context of the border. And I don't find this like that mind blowing as people seem to, but it does feel like it's a It probably makes sense, knowing what we know about Trump's mind, that this is at least how it initially arose so recently, like since the last time we brought it up, He once again brought up Hannibal Lecter at a rally, once again referring to him the later Hannibal Lecter.
Speaker 3: Did you see what he didn't like? He was confusing people and like forgot the word abortion? Was like, and what's the word?
Speaker 2: Say to me? Yes? Abortion, It's like whoa, okay yo.
Speaker 1: So it really seems to be have become a thing where we're going to get to it again elsewhere. But he seems to be very insecure about the idea that he is having cognitive decline, because even in this Hannibal Lecter thing, he was like, all right, I'll just read what he said. They're coming from everywhere. They're coming from from all over the world, from prisons, in jails, the mental institutions and insane asylums. You know, they go crazy when I say the late great Hannibal Lecter. Okay, they say, why would he mention Hannibal Lecter? He must be cognitively in trouble. No, no, no, these are real stories. Hannibal Lecter from Silence of the Lambs. These are real stories. Hannibal Lecter from Silence of the Lake. A lovely man. He'd love to have you for dinner. Yes, that is a line from the movie that you saw. I So, first, they go crazy when you say the late great Hannibal Lecter, because it doesn't nobody's quite sure why you're bringing him up. He's not dead. He's not a real person, so he can't be dead in real life, and he's not a dead person inside the fictional thing, and the actor who plays him is not dead, so it doesn't make any sense. But so it's just weird that he he seems very fixated, people saying he's cognitively in declined. But so the theory from the TikToker is that the obsession stems from the fact that Trump is so stupid he doesn't realize that the word asylum has more than one meaning.
Speaker 2: So it's always insane asylum.
Speaker 1: Insane asylum, which I don't know if it's that he doesn't know the difference, or that he's so like aduled and he's just like pinging between words and it's just like word association, but it does.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Actually, it is at least a theory as to where where this came from and why he's so obsessed. And also because it probably as someone who edited a you know, popular like comedy website, like the reference to a pop culture thing that people remember and like gives you a little bit of a like hit, like people like that, and so it's like a cheap thrill, and so he probably is just like when he mentions it, people are like, yeah, okay, I'm back, Like after forty five minutes of him just rambling on about like he's like pizza, like how Vanity Fair wasn't nice to him in the eighties or whatever. You know, at least Hannibal Lector is somebody is a pop culture figure. People are like, Okay, I'm back, and so that's probably at least part of it. But he also like it doesn't explain why he thinks Hannibal Elector is dead and really.
Speaker 3: Because he's stupid, because he's stupid as hell, and he's he's got brain stew up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's the air.
Speaker 3: Like, rhetorically, it makes no sense to like evoke a fake thing, but I get what you're You're trying to say that the danger of asylum.
Speaker 2: Seekers is such that it's at the level of Hannibal.
Speaker 3: It's like, whatever, dude, no, just say you know you hate people immigrating to the country.
Speaker 1: And if the Democratic Party was smart though, just based on like all all the shit that he's been putting out and like all the just like casual references to how he's mentally doing okay and cognitively all there, which is which is the thing that people who are cognitively all there are always talking about. He they should just go hard on be like our cognitively declined candidate stepped down. It's time for you to do the same, like you and just cut together all like they can go so hard on this now, and it's clearly something that he recognizes as a weakness, like yeah, and there's no shortage of him being like you know, like just his brain melting before he can finish a word. So it does feel like it's time to really adapt to the fact that Joe Biden is no longer the candidate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that will see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish he could be like, how do you make me younger? If you got to figure this out? Like, uh, that's not he's going to be on so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyways, Christopher Ray, this is the other big thing. This is early days after the attempted assassination, it seems like a lot of people were putting a lot of emphasis on like he wasn't even shot, and it was like, we don't know that. And then it seemed like for a while, like there was that video that purported to show the track that the bullet had taken as it like went past his head where he turned his head at the last second, and that's the only reason he's alive. And I was like, that seems like just as likely as any explanation. So yeah, maybe how.
Speaker 3: Many of them, like how much of that analysis was actually done by like forensic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seemed I assumed that that was like had some basis, and it turns out like it doesn't seem like it have much basis.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if they've done an investigation. And based on how Christopher Ray was talking in that.
Speaker 1: Here, so the FBI is in charge of this investigation. And he came out and specifically said, you know, there's some question about this is a correct book. There's some question about whether or not it's a bullet or shrapnel that hit his ear. As I sit here right now, I don't know whether that bullet, in addition to causing the grazing, could have also landed somewhere else, like, so they don't if that was a bullet, Like they don't know where that bullet is then, right, which seems difficult to explain. So this idea has seemed to fade to the background while people come up with like a you know, hypothetical hyper skilled water tower sniper whose job was to graze his ear. But and I don't know that it matters that much other than I do think it kind of undercuts his like claim that he was heroic. And you know, the entire Republican apparatus spent the last month or the last few weeks just like making the claim that he was protected by God by like moving his head at the very last second. So if it was like some we know it wasn't the teleprompter splintering, because like there are pictures of the teleprompters intact after it happened. But like if it was like some piece of wood or something else splintering that like hit his ear then and then he intentionally like had people cover it up, then that does feel like it's in keeping with what we know of him.
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah, I think it's probably not a bullet based on how it required no stitches, it didn't even really need a band aid after the fact. And also I mean like at this point it doesn't really doesn't help him either way or hurt him, Like whether it's shrapnel or a bullet, Like they milked as much as they could out of this. It's like so to be like they milked as much as they could out of the shooting, Okay, but I feel like it it's it makes no difference. I guess like they he was in he was injured, and they have that. So whether it's shrapnel, a bullet, whatever, fine. But the thing that's I think strange is that the doctors that did offer care, like they've asked.
Speaker 2: Them not to speak to anybody about what care was given.
Speaker 1: So this is the other thing that it was so minor, right, This is the other thing that's somewhat suspicious. After Christopher Ray said that, Trump went on truth Social and ranted about Christopher Ray. But he ranted not about that, which would be the thing that would piss him off the most, like that he's claiming that, you know, his version of events on this like major moment was not accurate. He instead ranted about like Christopher Ray not knowing that Biden was like diminished, And then he posted a video of a doctor who it says, like, medically what happened to Trump? Like, and it seems like you're going to see a video where a doctor is like, well you can tell from like the way the blood is coming out and uh. But instead the video is just him being like that. This doctor basically saying that Trump is like super brave, like the way most people would react to being in a combat situation is like to be scared and rattled, but he seems so like my medical opinion is he is, so he's brave.
Speaker 2: Terminal bravery. Yeah, wow, stage three.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting political here. It is genuinely an impressive he uh. And then the guy also specifically says, and not the way somebody would react, who is incognitive decline? The doctor says, so again.
Speaker 3: He's yeah, he's got a bunch of stooges out there just saying whatever to help build.
Speaker 2: Ain't this picture he needs?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's brave and so cognitive cognitive incline.
Speaker 1: He's actually on a cognitive incline that is just ramping up into the sky. Yeah, But choosing not to comment on someone basically casting doubt on where the you know, your grays came from, and then reacting to even that by being like guys sharp as attack and you're like, wait, that's not what we were even talking about. What the fuck is happening?
Speaker 2: Sorry? What was your question?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: I just feel like the Democrats should really go hard at the cognitive thing and then this thing we should be working on in the background.
Speaker 3: Well the like already I think, yeah, like the Harris campaign, they're calling him like he's a seventy eight year old criminal, so they're already being.
Speaker 2: Like guess who's old?
Speaker 1: Now, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and uh check back in with jd Vance. We'll be right back and we're back. And yeah, as mentioned, we were not the only ones to debunk the couch fucking story. Yesterday. Also the AP the Cut, the New York magazine publication came out and was like, guys, sorry, this is not true.
Speaker 3: The person I'm sorry, this is Look, I don't want to fuck your day up, but this.
Speaker 1: Is a fucking bummer that story isn't true. So sad, but I mean, I I'm a little surprised.
Speaker 2: We were very.
Speaker 1: Clear in our debunking of the couch rumor. And then I wake up this morning, Miles, I go over flip on the global Internet and it is just one non stop stream of jd Vance couch.
Speaker 3: Mean, if you search jd Vance couch like under the news tab on Google, it's taken over the Daily Beast, Rolling Stone. So what's with this rumor that jd Vance had sex with a couch? Salon dot com ap Yanks fact check on raunchy but false claims that jd Vance had an encounter with a sofa. The verds like everyone is talking about this. This is what I love about this story is that it's not. It's it's so easily debunked, and most people like, ah, probably not. But people he's so unlikable, they're like, yeah, this guy fucks couch.
Speaker 1: He just has the couch fucking geft energy of any public figure of all time that they just like can't people can't forget it, Like.
Speaker 3: The person who tweeted that that's like KGB level, like like laser guided disruptive propaganda, Like it's fake and somehow it's sucked up all the fucking oxygen.
Speaker 2: Not all of it, but a lot around.
Speaker 1: Quite a bit of the oxygen has been suck Yeah.
Speaker 3: Truly, But yeah, it's just also funny because like his stock is like really going down. There's are also stories about like people in the Republican Party talking about Buyer's remorse about him being the VP pick. Also there's like the story that I think actually has some potential to maybe damage the campaign at least like in terms of like rhetorically, what they're saying is Vance's love of the fucking Heritage Foundation, Like okay, the fucking think tank that's the architect of Project twenty twenty five and who Donald Trump in his first administration took on about sixty percent of their.
Speaker 2: Suggestions for things he should do in office.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so for weeks now, Trump has done everything he can to distance himself from Project twenty twenty five. He says he knows nothing about it. When he says like, he's like, oh, I kind of know about it, but it's it's from the quote severe right, this severe right. So they're very severe, severe, and they're pretty right about what they're saying. The problem, though, is that, like Kevin Roberts, the dude who is out there calling himself the head of Project twenty twenty five, has a book coming out, and guess who wrote the gushy ass fucking.
Speaker 2: Forward to that book, JD.
Speaker 3: So fucking horny Vance is out here, he said, quote in this is from the forward. Never before has a figure with Robert's depth and stature within the American right tried to articulate a genuinely new future for conservatism. We are now all realizing that it's time to circle the wagons and load the muskets.
Speaker 2: You hear that day harken back to some colonizer times.
Speaker 3: In the fights that lay ahead, these ideas are an essential weapon.
Speaker 1: So those are not the most essential web the muskets are shitty weapons, by the way, but yeah, and as cooky gun.
Speaker 3: Nerds, we need bus muskets and a book and diet mountain dew and we're gonna win.
Speaker 2: We're gonna win.
Speaker 3: Andy Basher, I think has already said making mountain Doe cracks at him.
Speaker 1: You, Andy Bsheer came and also made a he's not like us, they're not like us reference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said. I think this is towards the tailor, and he talks.
Speaker 4: The record straight. So I duo an apology to diet mountain Dew.
Speaker 2: Is Jack McBrayer ass voice.
Speaker 4: Al eight one is definitely the soft drink of Kentucky. But I don't believe that government should be making your decisions. So if you enjoy diet mountain Dew, u b u, we want to support you. Beat diet mountain dew. Very sorry. Didn't mean to say negative things about you from here, just like everybody else that's speaking out, Thank you all very much.
Speaker 1: I am from here. He's not like he's not like us. Oh yeah, L eight that's a big one. That and it I thought I assumed it was like, oh, it's a local Kentucky thing. Left Kentucky I hadn't thought about it again until this story just now. Yeah, it just disappeared. I'm pretty sure it's like ginger Ale. It's like ginger Ale with a little bit of caffeine I think in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's labor profile ginger Ale citrusy okay, yeah, yeah, it's not about eight one, all right.
Speaker 1: But Kentucky was when I was most addicted to, most acutely addicted to mountain Do. Yeah, but not diet.
Speaker 2: Mountain dew or of a claim to Apple.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I didn't even know diet mountain Do existed when I lived there.
Speaker 2: Like, how long did you live in Kentucky?
Speaker 1: Three years?
Speaker 2: How long did you live in West Virginia five years?
Speaker 1: And then Southern Ohio five more years? So I got thirteen years?
Speaker 3: Broyeh yeah, bro, like bro, I ain't drinking diet do either.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying? What it Do? Y'all?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's me Jack, It's me Jack Man, playing for another whatd It Do? Episode?
Speaker 2: U and of like a fire just bitch and.
Speaker 1: Away we go the other big conspiracy theory happening right now online. So it really like I think we mentioned this earlier in the week, but this. It feels like the way the world is working right now is the Internet is the writer's room for reality and they're just workshopping shit and they're trying to cast you. And if you have the couch fuckingest energy of any public figure and somebody makes up that lie about you, the global writer's room of the Internet is going to run with that because it's just good casting. Yeah, you are the biggest scale to use your phrase to ever appear on television, not like outside of the role of hosting Tales from the crypt Like, they're going to cast you as a dead guy, and that is what they've done with Joe Biden. That's the other big conspiracy theory. Uh, just racing up the charts. A number of theories trending on Twitter earlier in the week suggesting he had actually died. Then he went and delivered his Oval Office address on Wednesday, and everyone was like he's too orange, and like, did you look at the background, Like the background looked weird. So it didn't take long for a lot of online chatter to start about how he's he's probably dead. There's also his first appearance in any respect, his first proof of life following his COVID diagnos and to be clear, today's paper, Yeah, which is what I think a Fox News anchor they were like, we need proof. Yeah it was proof of so stupid.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, play out their fantasies for a second. Okay, he's dead and it's AI. Now what what do you want.
Speaker 1: To do the president?
Speaker 2: This means yeah, I mean what does that even mean?
Speaker 3: Even if that were like I get that, it's just easy just to be like, oh, we're casting aspersions like the JD Vance thing, it goes nowhere because you just want to be mean.
Speaker 2: To the guy who's a shitty racist, right, you know what I mean? Or it's like this one.
Speaker 3: You're like, dude, our country's all back to this guy. This guy's dead and he's AI. Okay, so then what if he's dead?
Speaker 2: What should we do? What does that mean? But it's just like.
Speaker 1: Government boogloo boys, get him out there. Yeah, but there was all There's also a phone call.
Speaker 2: Did you see this?
Speaker 1: Like Kamala Harris was addressing a crowd and got Joe Biden on the phone and he was like she was like and Joe's on the phone. Uh, And he was like, I love you kid. It did sound a little bit like they headed Joe Biden like string pull toy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, right, he's like that's malarkey, Oh shit, the wrong one more.
Speaker 1: I love you kid, yeah yeah uh But anyways, at one point, Kamala seems to say like, and I know you're still on the RI on the call, and people are like she was about they recording the recording he's dead and so I don't know, and.
Speaker 3: You're right, you caught them. Now what I mean, who's going to jail? Does someone go to jail? Does that mean Trump is now president?
Speaker 1: Because president he dead the whole time.
Speaker 3: God, just fucking like they don't even think out. They're like stupid ass conspiracy Like usually you can. It's like and if that's true, then that means this is true and we've got them.
Speaker 2: But it's more like he's old him die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah exactly. Our country is very dumb and this is what it looks like as it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love how again.
Speaker 3: It's just the r n C basically almost like beat for beat copied Idiocracy, like with Terry Crews being the wrestler giving like that speech and he's like, you know what this guy is gonna do. He's gonna solve all of our problems. Yeah, just like screaming and you're like, this is exactly yea.
Speaker 1: Look at my muscles now. Yeah. I mean Cogan's speech seemed to have the most appropriate energy of anybody for that for the Republican National Convention, Like he was he was matching the energy in the room.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and what they had domestic abuser Dana White kick it off, So yeah, it was all all quite appropriate for them.
Speaker 1: Finally, I just want to give a shout out to Dave Matthews.
Speaker 2: A lot of apologies people are making right now.
Speaker 1: I think we are, Oh Dave Matthews an apology someone previously thought and now I'm like, it's time to reevaluate the entire Dave Matthews song catalog because.
Speaker 2: So much to say is a protest song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was at the net and Yahoo protests and was like I don't want my tax money to fund genocide. And yeah, he's like in the same family as The Weekend. Now, who's just like, you know, donated so much money to Gaza. Yeah, I'm like, these are good artists and everybody who says otherwise, and.
Speaker 3: I know the Weekend why those early tapes early, always all about the weekend. I will clutch them as the world burns down. Give me a little bit of blood going through.
Speaker 1: The idol didn't happen and move along.
Speaker 3: Never saw it, don't care to, and yep I will. I only I love the like tender or what maybe eight Dave Matthews songs that I know and like.
Speaker 1: When I was wearing a pukashell necklace at a Dave Matthews concert, drunk cargo shorts, Yeah, baggy cargo shorts, drunk off of natural light that I drank in the parking lot. It was because I had a sense that he had like good morals. I could like tell, you know, you could tell about the lyrics that like, yeah, put any.
Speaker 3: Stand up guy, would you imagine suddenly they're like, no, guys, you have to look into Dave Matthews past.
Speaker 2: He murdered a bunch of pop like.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck yeah. I mean he's this is called South African, but he you know, he's like the you know, the South Africa that has been like we know, apartheid. This is an apartheid state.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Dave Matthews's real name, it's David Matthew Rhodes as in Rhodesia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is where he comes from. Oh god, damn it, you can never have anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, those are some of the things that are trending on this July twenty fifth. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacist and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Fight later.