Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo Jesse larious, good morning.
Speaker 1: Charlamage to God he stood the planning this Thursday.
Speaker 2: How y'all feel out there?
Speaker 1: I feel blessed, black in holly paper, happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 3: What's happening that's right today is bring your child or children to workday. So I got three of my six here with me this morning.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: They woke up at two am to get ready two Yeah, got them up for two. Had to do hair, had to wash my dad do every day. So they got a p two So they ready to rock and roll. So they're ready to work. So if you need anything from them, including TikTok dances, they will do. Put the kids to work, that's put them the work. Put they ask to work.
Speaker 4: Hold up with a baby.
Speaker 3: Yet you told Lauren I was gonna bring the baby and give that to Lauren. I don't think Lauren could handle her for four hours and then they would have been it would be.
Speaker 5: On me, right.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 6: I that's why I didn't bring my baby because I thought she was gonna bring your baby.
Speaker 2: That's too many babies. That's many babies for Laura.
Speaker 4: That's why I didn't bring mine. But it's all good.
Speaker 2: Lauren do work in between segments, I know, but she took on.
Speaker 4: That responsibility just trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Lauren, like, look, maybe I need to get a couple more jobs up here, just so I can I.
Speaker 2: Can make sure I'm here here.
Speaker 3: Well from South Carolina. Eight O three Fresh will be joining us this morning.
Speaker 1: Guy Ato three Fresh will be here this morning. Man, if you don't know the name, you definitely know the song Boots on the Ground.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 1: If you don't know the song, then you know that where the fans at man right, Boots on the Ground.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna find out how that song came about, the line dance of that song and everything like that. So uh, that song came out in December and it's probably been one of the biggest records, especially when it comes to HBCUs and especially comes to a lot of the big clubs, and line dancing is huge in the South.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, suthern soul is a genre within itself, Luthor King George, you know what I'm saying, And at three. Fresh is really breaking out right now, bringing a lot of attention to southern souls.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk to him this morning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're gonna get boots on the ground.
Speaker 3: So if you don't know what it is, as soon as you hear the song, you'll be like, ah, stat song. All right, Well, let's get the show crack and we got front page news will break down everything that's going on. It's huge wildfires in New Jersey that they're saying could mess up the air quality and the surrounding states.
Speaker 5: Have you smelled anything, any.
Speaker 2: Of you guys?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: But what part of Jersey was that?
Speaker 5: They said?
Speaker 4: Ocean County, Okay, never heard of it, but they said.
Speaker 3: You'll be able to smell it to Maryland, you'll be able to smell it in New York and the surrounding states. Haven't smelled anything. We'll get more details and I'm sure we'll break down Trump some more. So don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's DJ env Jess hilarious charlamage the guy.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 5: Start off with some quick sports.
Speaker 3: Now a Rockets beat the Warriors last night they tie the series one one. The Cavaliers beat the Heat, they lead that series to nothing, and the Celtics beat the Magic.
Speaker 5: They lead that series to nothing as well.
Speaker 3: Now, the twenty twenty five NFL Draft begins today at eight pm on ESPN, So we'll check out who's the giants of picking who'll get the top three?
Speaker 8: Dud?
Speaker 1: The young ladies still float around the NFL Draft and wait for the ballers or they don't care about NFL players no more.
Speaker 3: Well, the draft is now just as big as anything else because before, you know, they don't really celebrate the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the whores though. That's the thing.
Speaker 4: Now now they have parties, it's pre draft parties.
Speaker 2: It's huge.
Speaker 1: It has always been a thing because they're like vulture circling around.
Speaker 5: It's way worse now.
Speaker 3: Ever, since it's it hit Detroit a couple of years ago, it's been crazy.
Speaker 4: It's like a flock ye talking about the flock a girl, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: Waiting for the people that they've been getting this new money.
Speaker 5: Good morning, bree Hey.
Speaker 7: Good morning, good morning NB. Charlemagne and just hilarious Ey Thursday to you.
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am to you.
Speaker 7: All right, So here's what's trending in your news this morning. Now, But you did mention the Ocean County wildfire, which is officials are saying could become New Jersey's largest wildfire in more than two decades. So now the smoke from New Jersey, which you mentioned, it's forcing an air quality alert for New York City. Fire crews are continuing to make progress on the Jones World wildfire that is an Ocean County is destroyed now over thirteen thousand acres since Tuesday morning and it's now fifty percent contained. So over five thousand people were forced to evacuate because of that fire, but so far there have been no fatalities reported, which is a great thing. Fire Chief Bill donnally says it's being fed by pine needles and dry leaves. But that progress they're continuing to make. And we have more from Trevor Rayner. He is part of the New Jersey Forest Fire Service, and a press conference yesterday he kind of gave a little update on what's going on with how many people he has on the ground for this.
Speaker 9: We had resources there quickly, we dispatched aircraft and even with a big show of force to contain this fire. It still grew to be a large wildfire.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so hundreds of firefighters are still battling that blaze, which was first spot at Tuesday morning in Barnegat Township.
Speaker 10: Now, are you guys familiar with that area and hasn't been a fit?
Speaker 5: Have they said it was arson or was it just natural?
Speaker 7: No? No, they're saying it's natural and right now they're not suspecting ursin.
Speaker 10: But it's being.
Speaker 7: Fed by all of the dry leaves and just catching fire with all the brush that's on the ground. So it said it's spread to Lacey and Ocean townships and the fire chiefs he's just working Dan night and hopefully saying that by Friday night into Saturday. You've got rain in the forecast, so that should clear everything up, hopefully.
Speaker 4: Have you ever seen in it?
Speaker 5: That's the first time, hasn't been anything.
Speaker 3: And the only other thing that we've seen was remember when Canada had those wildfires New Jersey?
Speaker 2: Never in New Jersey. And but it's been pretty wet, it's it's rain last week.
Speaker 5: I really don't know.
Speaker 1: And New York air quality already trash, yes, already, I mean you know they can try to blame it on the wildfire as all.
Speaker 2: They want trash on top of more trash.
Speaker 10: They're definitely praying for that rain this weekend.
Speaker 7: So in more news, we've got twelve states that have file lawsuits against the Trump administration over the president's tariff decisions.
Speaker 10: Now New York can turn.
Speaker 7: General Letitia James released the statement saying President Trump quote does not have the power to raise taxes on a whim, but that's exactly what he's been doing with these terraffs. Now, Connecticut, Arizona, Illinois, Colorado, Minnesota, and Delaware are joining New York in the lawsuit, along with Maine, New Mexico, Oregon, Vermont, and Nevada. The attorney's general are seeking a court order declaring the tariffs illegal. Have you guys been hearing anything there about what's been going on with the lawsuit.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard anything about it. It's the first time hearing of agree. That's why your job is so important.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I'm sure we'll be updating that with you guys tomorrow or today if we get it before the seven am hour. Also in the news, we've got President Trump signing multiple executive orders centered around education now. Trump recently signed seven orders from the Oval Office, with some of the changes including introducing a new college accreditation process. Also, he wants to increase empowerment to HBCUs and improve education centered around AI technology. So this order was also scientiary and state what they are calling common sense school discipline policies and that is all Education Secretary of Linda McMahon. She says that will boost school safety standards, adding that disciplinary action should be based exclusively on students' behavior and actions. So she wants to return disciplinary action to the teachers and just allow them to.
Speaker 10: Handle their classrooms the way they see fit.
Speaker 2: They don't have what I didn't know that change what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: What you're talk about disciplinary action, you know you in trouble when you act up. But they I thought they were saying that you're a pop kid.
Speaker 10: Well they didn't meant to think about physically.
Speaker 7: But I guess they're saying, make it the teacher's responsibility to discipline the students in their classrooms.
Speaker 6: Whatever the sounds like going back to the paddle days. That don't even really sound yeah, because how else can you discipline a kid for acting up other than doing detentional sending them to the office.
Speaker 2: In school. But that was.
Speaker 4: In school suspension.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but and so the teachers do that now I thought, Yeah, maybe they don't.
Speaker 2: They might have pulled back.
Speaker 7: You know a lot of parents were upset. You know, some teachers when they think they go too far. Our students could go home and say anything, and the teachers will get in trouble.
Speaker 3: So when y'all get in trouble in class, is it the teacher or what happens?
Speaker 5: Usually come to the mic, come.
Speaker 4: Closer the teacher.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm saying, what did they take discipline out of school? Maybe I missed it. I don't know.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It might be happening in some schools. But you know, hopefully she'll eks found on that a little bit more. Also, President Trump says he plans to create a White House Initiative within the Executive Office of the President, seeking to promote private sector partnerships with HBCUs, also enhanced workforce preparation and high growth industries like technology and finance, and remove barriers to grant funding. Additionally, the White House is saying it's planning to hold an annual HBCU summit. So I'm sure more will be coming out about that and will definitely keep you updated. If you recall, back in twenty nineteen, President Trump did and bipartisan bill providing over two hundred and fifty million dollars annually to HBCUs. That's known as the Future Act. So you know, despite some of the recent concerns about the federal funding cuts that have been happening, supporters of this are saying the Future Act is continuing to provide that financial support, specifically to HBCUs.
Speaker 2: No, that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna say, you know, I give props to whatever it's due. If you know, Republicans do something good, give them props for that. If they do something bad, you gotta hold them accountable. If Democrats do something good, give them props for that. Democrats do something bad, you gotta hold them accountable.
Speaker 2: Quarter million annually. The HBCUs is a okay to me.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, I just want to make sure that money's actually being allocated.
Speaker 3: And that is front page news. Bring we'll see you next hour. Yes, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines of wide open eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Today is bring your kids or bring your children to work day. My kids are here. Hopefully you're bringing your kids with you as well. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Ray right, ray Yo, Charlotte man Nancy?
Speaker 4: What up are we lying?
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 4: I got an indoor pool to pool.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 11: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 4: We lie.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: Envy?
Speaker 2: What's envy? What's up?
Speaker 11: Try?
Speaker 2: Jess?
Speaker 12: Hilarious?
Speaker 2: Tyboo?
Speaker 12: Charlam?
Speaker 2: Mane God? What E says? How are you?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 12: Am doing good? I am doing good? Good to hear y'all. Boys, y'all was on a little faith break last week, A little faith break.
Speaker 1: I bet, I bet you want to collab with Kanye? Now, don't you? You want to produce a record for Kanye?
Speaker 12: Damn? Dog Wow?
Speaker 2: Try to tell the truth.
Speaker 12: That is not funny, especially with that man out here. But less than his cousin, That is not.
Speaker 2: Fun Why less than God?
Speaker 11: Damn?
Speaker 3: That's how that's how he made it sound very He did so, he said, he showed it to his cousin, and he acted on his cousin.
Speaker 1: He should that he was going to do something, But first of all, we don't know how old they were. Yeah, you're right, because he said they were re enacting it together.
Speaker 2: That's what he said. Was six.
Speaker 1: He said he stopped giving at fourteen because his taste but changed. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. We always just assume you're calling, you know about Peters.
Speaker 12: I'm trying to be serious to that. I need to be I need to be serious today's track. I need to raise some money. I feel like Marvin sat shut suppose the phone with y'all shut the phone. I gotta raise some money, y'all kind of digging your pocket a little bit. Say you know I do y'all know I do music. My engineer that I recorded him, he has a basement in his studio. He lives with his mom, his mother and his niece. His house burned down, but uh, from where we recorded at. So he has a go fund me. I'm gonna ask if everybody is like, no, five dollars, a dollar, ten dollars, anything, you'll canna donate sar digging your person from shark five dollars I'm listening.
Speaker 2: Tell me more burned down, always burned down. Okay, okay, okay, okay, yeah, send me the cash up.
Speaker 12: Yes, he doesn't have a cash that he has to go fund me what I'll put him out. I'll send you to go fund you though. And it's in my bidio on my Instagram a k A underscore twin if you can click on it and just donate, like a dollar or anything as well.
Speaker 1: What if there's people like that, It's like, y'all never liked your music. I'm not donating to your engine.
Speaker 2: Man. I do not want him to get Hey.
Speaker 12: Hey, man, don't donate to my music. Donate to a great person. His name is Jay. He lives with his family, a beautiful family. He's a great guy. To just donate to him.
Speaker 2: It has nothing to do with me. All right, I'm gonna, I'm gonna I'm gonna put put a couple of dollars.
Speaker 5: That would be so if.
Speaker 3: Sean Stone was like, you know what, I'm gonna be the bigger man today and I'm gonna donate and help you put everything to the side.
Speaker 12: Hey, Sean, go ahead and do it to my man Jay. He's a straight man.
Speaker 1: So you know help a straight ride down, Sean, I'm gonna donate sixty nine cents.
Speaker 12: All right, man, I will go with appreciate y'all.
Speaker 3: By all right, trap, get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club in the morning, the breakfast club. Wake up, wake up, your.
Speaker 2: Time to get it off your chest with your man or bleass. We want to hear from you on the breakfast gloss.
Speaker 5: Hello, who is this?
Speaker 12: Good morning DJ? And this is mister show money. You set out of hose.
Speaker 2: Having good show money money?
Speaker 5: Why are you send me that some money?
Speaker 12: My man? What's had with you?
Speaker 5: Why are you send me that some bread?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hello, how are you? Yes?
Speaker 4: I'm good?
Speaker 2: I did you did you said so many games? Yesterday? Yes? Oh?
Speaker 4: The T shirts?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah?
Speaker 13: Vy Amy, did you get to Nope? Did you get all you give?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 1: He's a liar. I gave him everything. I gave him the hat you gave him. I gave him the bag. I told him the name you called him Nope.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yes.
Speaker 13: When I when I walked in and told him in the bags with the gifts, he was cool. When I gave him that hat, he fell out. He almost listen to me, telling me, I just want to tell you, brother that you came in Saturday with the people. You were amongst the people. He was in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: You was down on earth.
Speaker 13: A brother Abby went by and they kept but you're a man.
Speaker 1: Of your word, smooth Abby, Abby saying what's shopping?
Speaker 13: Absolutely? Absolutely only one thing. But I don't I had no idea he was that short.
Speaker 2: I'm told that you showed money.
Speaker 13: What you listen when he walked in, like he walked in and he was like, he just came home.
Speaker 12: I'm going forty five years yesterday.
Speaker 2: He had an oh walk, He didn't walk, no gutter.
Speaker 12: His walk was like, you know, the doors are flustered.
Speaker 13: So he busted the door. He walked up.
Speaker 12: Oh that's him, Yo, that's.
Speaker 11: Someth the rest of them not little man, Yo, yo.
Speaker 12: He let's yo, what's up?
Speaker 7: Oh that's oh, that's that sounded crazy.
Speaker 2: He busted bringing work and bring your kids to work.
Speaker 12: Things.
Speaker 2: Show money, Armagne.
Speaker 13: Only one thing, brother, Jess, can you please please listen to show money on Instagram?
Speaker 12: Watched my trailer because the brothers. I watched my trail.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch you talking about for the show money.
Speaker 5: What's it about?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, you ain't say something about it show money.
Speaker 1: This series it's about too hustlers has no for a j R. And Hassan they will call thieves. I didn't watch the trailer. You ain't even ask me goodbye?
Speaker 2: Did comment on the l I will? I got you? I like it. It was interested.
Speaker 1: It reminded me of what was the joint money and money in violence back in the day.
Speaker 2: Remember money in violence?
Speaker 1: Hey, yo, shout out to Abby the Sandwich Specialist too. Man, that's Sam and Berger. Oh my god, dropping the clues bomb for that. Sam and Berger at Abbey the Specialist in Newark, New Jersey. Man Littleton Avenue in Newark, New Jersey, two six Stree, Littleton Avenue.
Speaker 2: Phenomenal, impeccable Sam and Berger.
Speaker 5: Frank, what's up, Frank?
Speaker 12: Yeah, good morning?
Speaker 5: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 12: Brother, Yeah, Lenny, I have something that's really tripping. Who sends someone a funeral program? You heard about Carmela Anthony?
Speaker 2: I did it? A seventeen year old that U? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Stabbing his classmate?
Speaker 12: Yeah? So firstonally this TI when I read the whole story I'm looking at like this kid was bullied and he did God's work, because if you went and told somebody, they would have just gave him a gold star and did nothing.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's the story. I mean, I don't know that.
Speaker 12: Less than than this is. Don't bully people because it triggers these days, like some people crying, but they're not doing that anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was bullying. I don't know what the situation is. I mean, I read this situation, but it don't sound like what you you making. It sound very cut and dry. I don't take this that cutting. That cutting dry.
Speaker 5: We'll get more details.
Speaker 3: And find out more about it, but like you said, I don't know all the details to really comment on.
Speaker 1: It's a sad situation, you know what I mean, because you know two young men like that's what I say. You don't never make a a don't don't let a temporary don't make what it say, don't make a permanent choice based off a temporary feeling.
Speaker 2: That's what it felt like to me.
Speaker 3: All Right, we'll get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five one. Now when we come back and got the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 2: We do. So.
Speaker 14: There are reports right now that Shannon Sharp's career at ESPN is going to be over, and it's going to happen pretty soon. I'm being told differently by sources close. But we need to have a conversation about closers. Oh, they're very close to production.
Speaker 2: Damn Steve, and they text you. What do you say? First of all, the big perk who was it?
Speaker 14: Told you we want to talk about it if it was though a rap? Right, you have burning bridges in here?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry, all right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club Morning. Everybody's DJ Envy, Jesse, Hilarrys Charlamagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 4: Lauren becoming a straight fast.
Speaker 11: She gets them from somebody that knows, somebody gets the detail.
Speaker 4: I'm a home girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 2: She'd be having the latest on you.
Speaker 15: That's the big the latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything. It's the lead on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Something alright, y'all?
Speaker 14: Soo, uh, the Shannon Sharp ESPN does he still keep his job? Conversation, Uh is beginning to I was gonna say beginning to happen, but it's been happening. But I think now it's beginning to get louder because of different things that Tony Attorney Busby has released, including the audios. So right now the conversation is why is Shannon Sharp's able to be on ESPN amongst the allegations, but were even more after these audios are released. So Monday Tuesday, Shannon Sharp did ESPN's first take, which are his normally scheduled days, and that people didn't see him on for the rest of the week.
Speaker 4: So there were you've.
Speaker 2: Never on for the rest of the week on Monday and Tuesday.
Speaker 14: There were people who began to say, oh, they finally pulled them, they did what they should have done. There were people never saying, you guys are crazy because he's only always only on Monday and Tuesday. So I reached out because I wanted to know even though those are his schedule days, Like you know, I wanted to know more solid is he being removed from the program?
Speaker 4: Is it a suspension?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 14: So I was so a by source close to production that, like you guys said, Monday and Tuesdays are his days that he is on. Any day that you do not see him on the show is just a regularly scheduled day off.
Speaker 2: For now.
Speaker 4: As of now, we know because Steven A.
Speaker 14: Smith said it on his show that there are conversations and investigations going on behind the scenes with the network.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to Stephen A. Smith and what he said.
Speaker 16: Again, I can tell you I also spoke co chairman of Disney, the Boss, Jimmy Pittaro, who made it very very clear, we are taking this matter very seriously, and we are looking into this very very closely, and once we gather as many facts as we possibly can, we will go from there.
Speaker 5: And that is all he said.
Speaker 16: And I can mention his name because I received his permission to say that.
Speaker 14: Now A big part of this conversation, right, even with that happening, and even at with that being said, and that is you know, has to be.
Speaker 4: That is the statement from ESPN right at this point.
Speaker 14: And I saw that we have people are upset because they feel like people have been removed from ESPN and other networks for less.
Speaker 4: They're pointing to Michael Irvin.
Speaker 14: There also are now beginning to bring up past things that have happened with Shannon Sharp, including a temporary restraining order that was filed against him back in twenty ten from a woman that he was dealing with at the time who accused him of sexual assault. He said in different things, Now this was dropped. You know, it was dismissed, that restraining order was dismissed. Claims were dismissed at the time. But people are like, hey, if you have all this in the past, this happens publicly Monday, Okay, we're gonna give it to y'all. Y'all did it was all happening at one time, But Tuesday after he releases text messages and then you're hearing these different things. Why not just say, hey, let's take a step back, because it looks like as if the network is complacent on the front end even though these things happen on.
Speaker 2: The back end.
Speaker 1: Y'all do realize it's only Thursday, Like these claims just happened. Like these corporations can't just react, They got to investigate, They got to do their due diligence. They can't move like social media, there's a legal way they have to do things.
Speaker 5: Yes, they don't want to get sued.
Speaker 2: And the thing about it, what people don't understand is even though it could be loud, it could be people could.
Speaker 3: Be yelling and screaming online. We don't know what the facts are. And I'm sure they had conversations with Shannon chop and hopefully they're trying to get.
Speaker 5: The right deal.
Speaker 2: They're investigator.
Speaker 4: They're investigating, but that's what they should do.
Speaker 3: Before they let somebody go or fire somebody or suspend somebody, they should do their own investigation see what the truth is.
Speaker 14: What do you guys say to the people who are saying, well, yes they should do that, but don't fire them. Don't suspend them, but remove them off air, because now he.
Speaker 2: Is off that is suspending fire.
Speaker 14: Well even if you just say, hey, he's gonna take a little break, like we don't have to call it a suspension. But until we figure out what's happening, until we figure out how to because he is a face of the network.
Speaker 3: Me personally, I don't think it's fair unless they have facts that he actually did it. Now, if they go through and do they do diligence to say, hey, it's definite and this audio is what it seems to be and the full audio is there.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind, this is Disney, so based off the things that are already out there that we know are true, it is probably enough to take him off.
Speaker 3: But let me ask you a wild question, not to say this is true, but let's just say that they were role playing and that was the thing that they do, and it was some.
Speaker 1: World clauses at Disney. Everything can't be public, but that wasn't. It wasn't public.
Speaker 5: That was now. But that's not what I do in my bedroom.
Speaker 3: If it's secretly taped, and now you fire me because something that was secretly I.
Speaker 1: Didn't put it, you gotta think about it. That they are that happened last year, So they let that go, right, we don't know. We don't know what happened in the building with that. He might be on probation for that fall and I'm just saying I don't know. I'm just saying that happened last year.
Speaker 11: But if something is.
Speaker 3: Secretly recorded and taken, you find me for something I didn't put out that was secretly taken.
Speaker 2: I don't think that. Let's keep it. It's Disney. It is Disney. I don't think Mickey Mouth standing by the free costs.
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 2: Do you think him or him and many probably be getting the pop. I don't know. I don't know. I'm all. I'm simply saying that it's only Thursday diligence.
Speaker 6: But when I grew up, SpongeBob was a whole. You know, SpongeBob is one of the greatest. No, like it's.
Speaker 4: Barney, Yes, so move on.
Speaker 6: I ain't trying numb, But no, many don't be nowhere because I'm in front of the kid.
Speaker 17: Damn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they heard words. They listen every morning.
Speaker 2: Barney did what.
Speaker 1: The SpongeBob now No, their own individual cases, oh yeah wow.
Speaker 3: But all I'm saying that they have to do their due dealers before anybody suspended in fire, because if not, they could face.
Speaker 1: I agree that they didn't want everything to happen immediately like Thursday and instant.
Speaker 4: They want everything to instantly happen.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work.
Speaker 14: Like the righteous people on Reddit baby, they are dissecting and divulging right now, and they are.
Speaker 4: It is a social media reddit.
Speaker 6: I thought Reddit was like somewhere it is like indeed, like you find jobs on it.
Speaker 4: It's like a blog or you like, I mean you could they have like like.
Speaker 5: A message board.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like topics on there and they break it down.
Speaker 14: Everybody says how they feel, but yeah they they Yeah, they feel like he should have been removed until they figured out what was happening and giving you process. I feel like, look, if the network is down to say hey, we can allow him to go, let them go.
Speaker 1: That's that's Its only Thursday what we talking about. Everybody relaxed, It's Thursday. This just happened.
Speaker 4: You need to make a Reddit account? Why just to say that?
Speaker 3: But don't you think they should get the full facts and find out everything that's going to happen with their And that's my point, Like, yes, they do, they do.
Speaker 14: Michael, was he taking off after things were proven or was it when it came out Michael Irving.
Speaker 1: I don't remember he was accused of making lewd comments to a woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't I don't know how they took him off after that.
Speaker 4: I saw they suspended them, but then he was being stated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they found if I remember correctly, I think they found out it wasn't true, and then he sued the woman for defamation.
Speaker 14: Yes, yeah, and that's a big misstep. If now I can come back to networking.
Speaker 1: And that's why they can't react, then that's why they can't react the legal way.
Speaker 2: They have to do things correct.
Speaker 14: Well, that's it for the latest of this hour, y'all. He's still at work, Shannon Sharp as of today, it's still at work at ESPN.
Speaker 2: All right, only Thursday, according to my source.
Speaker 6: And it's also Cedric dan Taint a birthday Thursday this Thursday.
Speaker 2: Said they didn't want that right there. He didn't want it right there. You could wait five minutes, and I want you could have waited two minutes. Want to do that right there? On Thursday?
Speaker 4: It was a big day, is.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, we got front page News next and then aight oh three fresh will be joining us.
Speaker 11: We got the record in yet.
Speaker 4: Sixty one he went that birthday whenever he.
Speaker 3: Now, if you don't know aight o three freshes, you probably know this record right here. Can we play a little bit of it? No, we don't have damn clients. All right, Well, boots on the ground is the record. We're gonaalk to him a little bit.
Speaker 5: You're checking out the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ Envy just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy, We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get back in some front page news. It's all off with some quick sports and NBA playoffs. The Rockets beat the Warriors, they tie the series went on nine ninety four. Cavaliers beat the Heat one twenty one, one twelve. They lead the series to nothing, and the Celtics beat the Magic went on nine to one hundred.
Speaker 5: They lead the series to nothing.
Speaker 3: And the NFL Draft begins tonight at eight pm Eastern on.
Speaker 2: ESP Is that it's still in New York, right, NFL. No, it's not. It's actually in Green Bay.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 2: They probably did that to reduce the horse.
Speaker 1: It is hard for them to get the Green Bay like you stand out in Green Bay the horse. Yeah, you know, because these women will circulated on the NFL drafts. They think all of these young kids getting new money in Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Not like that.
Speaker 1: Like it's like they stayed down a little in Green Bay. I'm sure it's different though it was in Miami.
Speaker 2: It was New York. Like it's a different level. What you're saying, Green Bay. They staying down a little bit.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, it's less of a whole fight in Green Beto, because all of them are not going.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be very few.
Speaker 4: I had no idea your pay this word. I'm so happy right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, good morning, Good.
Speaker 7: Morning, Charlottage, Envy and Jess. How are you guys?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: So here's what's trending in the news this morning. Let's take it to California. A recent report reveals that police in San Diego are arresting black people at disproportionately higher rates compared to other racial groups. Now, the data was released by the San Diego Police Department under the California Public Records Act, and it shows that black individuals are arrested at a rate more than double their population percentage in the city. According to the report, black residents in San Diego make up twenty six percent of arrest but only five point seven percent of the actual population. So, of course, that disparity has sparked a lot of concerns and conversations there and calls for reforms within the police department to address potential biases and systemic issues.
Speaker 10: And so moving forward, community leaders.
Speaker 7: And activists are expected to push for policy changes there and increase oversight to ensure the fair treatment for all residents.
Speaker 1: That is very interesting because black people are arrested disproportionately all across America exactly, but what is going on in San Diego that is standing out? Like black people are arrested at a rate of five times hiring white people in most jurisdictions, So what is going on in San Diego that is sticking out like that?
Speaker 7: And I think the numbers would be very interesting if every city decided to go ahead and just pull a report. But I'm glad that they're bringing attention to it because that's crazy.
Speaker 10: So something needs to be done. And now, Charlemagne, we're going to move into South Carolina. This is making headlines.
Speaker 7: A mass murderer trying to have his death penalty overturned. I'm talking about attorneys for Dylan roofs Now. That is the man that was convicted of the twenty fifteen Charleston, South Carolina church shooting that killed nine black church members. You guys remember that they have filed a motion to vacate his death sentence, and so they are citing eighteen claims, including alleged violation of his Fifth and sixth Amendment rights and The motion is requesting a new penalty phase trial, arguing that his original trial council was ineffective and the judge showed bias. So the Supreme Court previously rejected Ruth's appeal to overturn his death sentence and conviction back in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 12: So bias.
Speaker 1: You walked into a church and killed nine people in cold blood, Dylan Roof.
Speaker 2: But do you dare there's no bias in that.
Speaker 1: Any judge with any type of common sense would it threw you under the jail and gave you the death penalty. And now South Carolina got death by firing squad, So you know, line it up, okay, when it's time, when it's his time, line him up, that's right.
Speaker 7: And I believe there's been one death so far of a death row in made by fire.
Speaker 2: That's right, yep.
Speaker 1: And that would that would be in a very appropriate uh you know, punishment for dealing Roof because of what he did.
Speaker 5: You walking family.
Speaker 1: Should be able to shoot him walking into and you know, killing those nine inns and souls.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: Well, the Supreme Court, you know, they rejected his last appeal. I don't see his lawyers getting very far with this, but it will be interesting if they do.
Speaker 10: But that is still an ongoing thing here.
Speaker 1: Also in the audacity though, the audacity of people like that, as if you don't know the crime that you committed, why should he be granted any grace any And.
Speaker 3: It's not like there was witnesses. It's not like maybe he did, maybe he didn't. There was a lack of evidence.
Speaker 1: No, we know you walked into that church they killed nine, walked to a manual and me and killed nine people in cold blood.
Speaker 6: Your family should have Adam.
Speaker 5: The family want to shoot him, like, don't let the family do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So we'll be following that one for updates. And now in New York, Mayor Eric Adams, he's reacting to a Manhattan judge temporarily blocking his administration from reopening an ice office at the Rikers Island Jail Complex. So Mayor Adams says that he'll let the case play out in court and hinted that New Yorkers should favor his position. Take a listen to some of Mayor Adam's remarks here.
Speaker 18: Well, you know what every day people want, They want dangerous people off the street. That's who I hear. And so the first Deputy Mayor is dealing with that. This case is in court. I'm not going to do anything to get in a way of that. Let the first Epanty Mayor and the court plays out, and whatever way it goes, I'm gonna follow the room now.
Speaker 7: The judge gave the order after the City Council sued Mayor Adams, with the court case expected to be heard on Friday. The ICE presence at Rikers is intended to allow Correction Correction Department officials to work with ICE on investigations related to violent criminals. The city council members are fearing that the ICE office will lead to mass deportations, so like it's a setup.
Speaker 10: So we'll see.
Speaker 7: That is going down tomorrow. And finally, we are talking about LeVar Burton, the actor, director in New York Times, the best selling author. He's getting an honorary degree from Howard University. So, mister Burdon, if that name doesn't ring a bell for you, most people remember him as the host of Reading Rainbow. I grew up watching Reading Rainbow, the movie Roots, or of course even Star Trek. He is becoming an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters, and he will speak to the graduating class during the HBCUs commencement. Now, this is Howard's one hundred and fifty seventh commencement ceremony and that is scheduled for May tenth.
Speaker 10: Of congratulations to him.
Speaker 4: All right, hell that is Halle Burton Nour.
Speaker 2: What the hell? What the helly Burton?
Speaker 6: I thought that was talking about that Guyow No.
Speaker 4: Probably not since I was younger, so I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when I was a little kid. I grew up watching it. And he is a literary advocate. He always pushes for uh, you know.
Speaker 4: Reading for young as I do remember this song.
Speaker 6: I just don't remember watching it like that. Wow yeah wow, wow wow wow.
Speaker 1: Could you try to stay way no trying to say that you was too busy watching the wire.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm playing, Oh yeah, trying to read.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 10: Well that is your Frugda News. I'm Bree. Would You can find me on x every on air.
Speaker 7: Also check us out off at bion news dot com and you can get bion News on demand twenty four to seven on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 10: Thank you, guys, I have a great.
Speaker 3: Thank you all right, thank you, bre Now when we come back at O three Fresh will be joining us, my guy.
Speaker 2: From wagon to South Carolina.
Speaker 3: If that name doesn't sound familiar, maybe this song will. And we don't have a clip of the song, we can play right fast, wait them fans.
Speaker 2: Boots on the Ground, Baby.
Speaker 3: Boots on the Ground is the song, and we're gonna talk to him next. It don't go anywhere.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club, Morning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's DJ MV.
Speaker 3: Just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got some special guests in the buildings.
Speaker 19: Indeed, you got eight O three fresh, young guy here in the building yourself.
Speaker 3: Welcome fellas, y'all feeling where them fans at now? If you don't know eight O three Fresh, of course they got the record right now. That's if you've been out and about, especially in the South, especially HBCU.
Speaker 5: Boots on the Ground is their song. Congratulations boys, that song moving.
Speaker 2: Man, Thank you bropreciated. When did the song actually come out? December to twenty four?
Speaker 3: That was like my christis gift to everybody now, Charlemagne and line charl that so I'm out for three years.
Speaker 5: I'm like Charlottage I was talking.
Speaker 1: About just the whole line dance movement from South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Like it's definitely been going on more than three Yeah, but is it just started picking up more in it like the past year and a half.
Speaker 2: Some absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 3: People don't really get to see the line there, especially on the East Coast as much.
Speaker 5: But when I when I DJ everywhere, you get to see it.
Speaker 3: And I remember I was a Charlotte and a girl came up to me It's like, can you play the Boots on the Ground. I had no idea what you talked about. It was a mob dip song. I was like, is that a mob deep Boots on the Ground. I had no idea. It's out that Louis v Louis. He was like, yeah, I'm gonna send it to you right now, send it to me. And then when I played it, I see the it went up, the fans moving.
Speaker 2: I said, you know what's crazy, it's crazy as it sounds.
Speaker 1: The current political climate kind of boosted the record too, because I remember people started posting saying, you know, we ain't tripping off what this administration is doing. Black people are finding joy learning the line dances, and it would always be Boots on the ground with the fans.
Speaker 3: Took everybody, everybody's mind away from like the you know, the current, you know stuff that's going on, man. So for me, it's like the unity in it. That's what makes it more appeeling for me. You know, you got the the two year old, you got the eight of two year old, you got the grandmama's aunties.
Speaker 2: That's what makes it more genuine for me.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 3: The dope think about it was a lot of the line dance songs a lot older, like you're talking twenty years older. Like when you go to a family reunion or a wedding or a HBCU, it's always the Wobble Wobble electric slide before I let go. Then you played the Beyonce version and this is something fresh new. So let's start from the beginning for people that don't know you. Who is eight or three fresh? Where are you from?
Speaker 5: And how did you get into this this thing called the music industry?
Speaker 2: On everybody, It'll through first the kid live in the building, man.
Speaker 3: Listen from a small town in South Carolina called Wagner, South Carolina. One Stop signed one stop, like we all share the same dog.
Speaker 2: Most going to be bigger than Wagoner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah's bigger wagon man. But started off in the church man, humble beginners. Man started off in the church man singing in the choir or whatever. You know, like the product Cuner left away from it, you know, I went out and I started venturing into like more genres.
Speaker 2: Uh. I tapped in the pop, I attapped in the R and B.
Speaker 3: I wrapped a little bit and then I found something. So really something soul found me. Man, been doing it about a year and a half now, man, and it actually saved my life.
Speaker 2: Man. So explain to the people what suffering soul is. Something. Soul is a mixture.
Speaker 3: It has a like a fine undertone mixture of gospel, blues, soul, all like mixed together, mianda together.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 3: It's only based in the South, but when you hear it, it's like feel good music.
Speaker 2: When you hear it's like.
Speaker 3: That music that touch your bones and they you know, it's a beautiful thing. You just gotta be in one of the like one of the events to actually feel it.
Speaker 2: It changed then, Viot.
Speaker 3: I told her, I'm saying, we advocate for a good time, we advocate for unity in that. And so that's why I I chose to piggyback on that genre the most.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, you said it saved your life.
Speaker 10: How what were you into before?
Speaker 3: You know, with being in the rap culture, you said you have to you know, adapt to that, you know that rapping environment. When I came to Southern soul, I you know, I was battling some stuff, you know what I'm saying, and it pulled me out of that because of the good feeling that it had. You're saying, make for me in it. Then my mama was she was able to be proud of it. You know, when I'm rapping, she don't. She couldn't have understand some of the stuff. So when she first when she heard my very first Southern soul song that I dropped the car all night long, man, and I got that first confirmation from him, I already knew then that this was a genre for me.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Do you remember the first record that that made you say, oh, like the one that touched your soul?
Speaker 2: What something the soul record touched your soul? Shuts out to King George. Man, he's from down my way as well.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: He definitely kicked the door down for us.
Speaker 3: Man, Keep on rolling is like one of those that you know, really really really.
Speaker 2: Punched me, and it gave me like some inspiration.
Speaker 3: Brother like you know one of those brothers, I mean from South Carolina, and I'm saying, he keeped the dog like wide open for us. And when I heard that song, I'm saying, I automatically knew that this was the type of jum that I wanted to be in.
Speaker 2: Were you surprised how fast this record calld on?
Speaker 3: Of course, I mean because it's everywhere and you know, and people are learning to dance quickly.
Speaker 5: When did you realize how big the record was?
Speaker 2: Man? I woke up one morning I checked my TikTok.
Speaker 3: I mean, I had so many note kids on TikTok and I GeV you're saying, I thought somebody had died. So when I checked it or whatever, I seen the video. The video was you know a spot now on my way called Sbart. It's a mecca for like the line that's you're saying. So I seen that and it was like maybe twenty videos. I want to sleep, and I woke up it was like five hundred videos. I knew at that point right then that it was I might have a little something and over the course of time. Now what't being with? Three months? Almost four months? Man, it has passed me. So right now I'm playing catch up to the song. Everybody have been trying to put a face with the music.
Speaker 2: So here I am go on.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's what is Luther King George. I feel like that's what he hasn't done yet. He hadn't put a face to his music because everybody listens to you know, at least down South. You see people play a lot of King George music. And he a young dude, only thirty something years old, right, yeah, bro thirty something that. Yeah, but I'm saying I feel like he hasn't done that yet. Don't wonder why.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, timing is everything, especially for me. I mean, look how long I've been doing music. I've been doing music for over twenty years. Uh, as far as South and Soul, I dropped five songs before Boots on the Ground and then it picked up, you know.
Speaker 2: So I mean time is everything.
Speaker 3: So y'all, y'all definite state to him, y'all gon see a lot more of him and a lot more to Southern soul front.
Speaker 6: Come when I noticed it got big was when I seen kids doing it, you know, it from old people to kids. It was everybody got their kids, yeah, doing it, and it's it's feel good. It's like music that you had the family reunion and stuff like that. Did anybody try to like reach out about signing you.
Speaker 2: Or anything like that?
Speaker 3: Mercy ig been blowing up a crazy It's definitely been crazy, man. But you know, we started this company, shots out the Snake Eyes Music Group.
Speaker 2: Man. We started this company, you know, from the bottom up. You know, we came with a vision. It was just a vision. And I think that we've.
Speaker 3: Done more in a year than a lot of folks have done in like five seven years.
Speaker 5: Are you are you signed to a major or no?
Speaker 2: You're doing everything independent. We all independent, man, So you did everything that you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm proud of us, Man, I ain't gonna lot proud of us, because you know, we all learned from each other. You're saying as we move, we learned, we grow and shuts out the young guy man. You know, that's why I brought him. He's one of the United Fronts that were staying with as far as Southern saw. They accepted me with open arms, man, and they had been doing it, you know, prid to me, but they showed me the roles. They definitely wouldn't stint y'all game and I can appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: So everything independence. So we're gonna I'm entertaining something, but you're not right.
Speaker 2: Now, how long have you been young guy? Young guy? Man, I've been a young guys for for a long time years. I told her.
Speaker 20: We was saying to change my nighte the uncle guy and a man and man. That would be crazy because folks see me, they're saying, you know, you're a rapper, they're not. Then they I get on stage and I'm singing some soul and they be like, damn, you know, I ain't spit there. But I kind of kept my name back when the younger day, when I was a rapping man. So I come when I I jumped into music, my story kind of, you.
Speaker 2: Know, similar to his. You know I've been I've been rolling in the.
Speaker 20: Suta soul game probably about it finish two and a half years now. And the power of social media. I had a record that you know, I was singing in the garage and hosted it and changed my life. You know what I'm saying instantly. So yeah, man, so I kind of I was tapped in on the rap.
Speaker 2: Side, you like him. Man came up in the church, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 20: Tried different things so far as you me physically doing music, Man, I stepped away for music on about fourteen years. So when I finally just made up my mind like, hey, Finny, get back in the studio, get it rolling. You know what I'm saying, professionally, record me a song, sit down and that that record.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 20: Two record later, I was driving trucks. Man, I ain't drove a trucking almost a year and a half, you know what I mean. So I joking that man, we uh we met a couple couple about two years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think my very first show out then net ye Is I think, yeah Neatiale in Mississippi. Man, my first soul kind of nervous you're saying me personally, you know, I just thought himself a sauce.
Speaker 2: So Ro came.
Speaker 3: He hollered at me, you saying he gave me that little pep talk or whatever you're saying.
Speaker 2: I show up my shoulders now, did it? He came to me like man like young guy.
Speaker 20: Man whatever, because I was kind of moving pretty good, man, you know what I'm saying. I had a record that was that was keeping me busy. And he was like, man, what what what I gotta do? No advice can you give me? I was like, man, you know, keep grinding, bro, You're gonna get there one and you gonna know you got So when I heard that Boots on the Ground, I called him.
Speaker 2: I said, you getting ready to be original? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 20: When I knew it from the first ten seconds ten seconds of the song, I was like, man, this finna go crazy. And now just see you know, look on social media Shack dancing to it. You got yeah, Like, man, that is crazy, you know what I'm saying. So it's it's a blessing. And man, I just im proud of my brother and we just trying to keep it going.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's get into the joint, you know, Boots on the Ground eight three freshest Hens the Breakfast Club, Good morning morning. Everybody's stevej Envy, Jesse, Larie Chelamaine, the guy we are the breakfast Club. That was Boots on the Ground from eight L three Fresh and in the building Charlemagne.
Speaker 1: What inspired Boots on the Ground though, Like like when you sat down and said you heard that beat, and you're like, this is what I want to write about.
Speaker 3: Man, I tell the story all the time. Man, listen, I had a show in Phoenix City. It's at the back of the van whatever. I had a chance to experienced my first trail ride. With the trail ride, you're saying, a couple of ladies had fans or whatever. It was hot, so you know they got fans. So I've got a chance to go to my second trail ride and I ain't see no fans. So I pulled the question where them fans at?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So with boots and the ground, boots on the ground is already.
Speaker 3: A line dance terminology you're saying, So you know when they say boots on the ground, you know about to have a party. We just took a down type of deal. So I just really merged the two ideas and it became a good marriage.
Speaker 2: What's the trail ride for the people who don't.
Speaker 3: Know, listen, man, trail rides is you know ATVs horses you're saying that line dances, it's a whole like combination of all good things.
Speaker 2: It's definitely a coach. It's not really just an event. And that's why I feel like Southern soul and line dancing is a perfect mixture, you know what I mean. It's a great marriage. You know.
Speaker 3: It piggybacks off of one, piggybas off of the other. And if you ever come to try right down there, man, I promise you can have a good time. You might get a little dusty, which I promise you gonna have a good time. Now, every time you make a song, is it a line song?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: Oh no, okay, See that's one thing I didn't want to get called in. I didn't want to get caught in, you know, just being the line, the line at the boot at the boot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you know, and I've been thinking about you're saying names for like a EP or album whatever you're saying, and I really wanted to be versatility because I want to show them on all skills.
Speaker 2: I got differ skills music.
Speaker 3: But you could do it like remember how Jamine the pre did back in the day, like he had the the All the what was it called the the Beat All Stars where it was just one album just doing all the uptemper.
Speaker 2: Talking about like the.
Speaker 3: S when he had a whole album or that and then he had a whole album different ways of doing things, So you could do that like an anthem like that.
Speaker 5: Because your HBC you is gonna be crazy this week's spring flings, homecomings and all that. They should start booking you now to try to get the cheapest prices possibly.
Speaker 2: Book schedule crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what's uping.
Speaker 6: Know, you don't want to just fall into the line dance, you know, genre of music. But it's like nobody has made any that are great since like the five that we get, Yeah, but none since then, and it's like it's it's kind of hard to do, like you know what I mean. So for you to just come up with one and just do it just off of what you felt, you gotta do that more like I'm tired of.
Speaker 20: I tell people like I feel like my opinion, I feel like lion dances like the new disco. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. It's a big thing in the black culture that you know what I'm saying. We're just trying to shine light on cause you got you got people who y'all, you know, y'all from to see the man.
Speaker 2: It makes people finn to see the man. Get me some bootsad.
Speaker 20: It's just it's a culture that they shine a light on so people can experience.
Speaker 2: So it's just lying dance.
Speaker 20: It's been around for a while, but like this ain't got bigger. Man, they got to be seven thousand people out there.
Speaker 2: You feel African music to African music has it? Has it as well? Line dances like Jerusalem is a line dancing.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, yeah yeah man, that's the thing the artist like. It's not like you created the dance.
Speaker 2: No, you see, that's the that's the sweetest thing about it.
Speaker 3: To you said you didn't create the dance. The people they choose it. They choose it whether it's going to be you said a lot dance to it or not.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So when when they see that on TikTok, it was like four or five dances different nas to it. I'm saying, I reposted once I s out to trade little. When I posted it, everybody took on. I'm saying to that one.
Speaker 2: Because it's real easy. It wasn't to me an.
Speaker 3: Ish you to me, it got that's it's like the cursive of blind thats gott yes de not intermediate anyway.
Speaker 2: You have to learn your own dance basically, yeah, and I can't.
Speaker 3: So you just picked that one. It was like, this is the one we grew U rocking with. Cause if twenty people said different dances, that's why I said, and everybody being sync that people chose that man. Boots on the Ground was not intended to be a lot of that song. It was just blessed to be that way, even with the fan bang bang, you know, it's something that you do when you hat Yeah, you said, you know, And I didn't know that fans like the fans were like a big part of the you know, the trail rise scene until I made the song with it and now here like you know, ten twenty different songs with fans, now what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it definitely is a part, like a big important part of the culture. So I think I just revived it. Why not the church fan or the church fan too.
Speaker 3: I think that the sales on church fans at an all time had right now, yeah, church fans, you know Amazon, when when I first came up with the with the song or whatever, they were just cracking fans.
Speaker 2: If you go on Amazon right now, they boots on the ground fans.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, you got the little biton got fans that.
Speaker 2: What was getting out like out of here got on the ground fans, I'm saying. So it definitely has been impactful to the culture.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm just proud to be a part of it.
Speaker 6: They're gonna be waiting for for them tu fans to tell you that, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Out there right now. But everybody's gonna be waiting for new music. Do you got more after Boots on the Ground and take something.
Speaker 3: I got so much music, I'm saying, And I got music like before I got a you know, our previous catalog. I got five songs that I dropped. Like I said, I've only been in a year and a half, you know what I mean. But as far as the catalog, man, I got widespread catalog that's getting ready to come. It was just the time that we was waiting on, you know what I mean. So I think it's the perfect time for everybody to see me. And you know what I got the offer versatility is coming.
Speaker 1: What's what's the toughest challenge about being an artist from South Carolina?
Speaker 3: The weight that's on my back, you're saying, because not only do I I mean, yeah, loosing the ground is for me, but I stand with a lot of weight that I'm caring as far as like Southern sold as a whole. See, this is what my main part is. And I ain't gonna lie. This is the reason why I came here. You saying, morning, I want to make Southern soul that main You know it's being you know, sublind like it's been like undertone for so long, and you know that Chicklan circuit has been going on, like you got greats that came through that Chitland circuit, like Tyrone Day, It's Marvel, see changed Brown, There's Muddy Waters. All these guys become under that Chitlin circuit man, and it hasn't really had a catalyst for it has been brought to the front. So I take myself to be a martyr and that he's saying, I want to be able to display that as being a main genre and showing that you know, we're coming with the United Front. I got Sean Miika jo Quail out there. You're saying, grown ass woman, I got Frank Johnson out there. You can hate on me. I got a young guy right here. You know what I'm saying, like, take here. These are all very impactful songs to the coature, And when I bring my boots on the ground, I want to bring them as well. So that's probably like the biggest thing as far as like, you know, I'm carrying that weight and I want to be a good advocate for them.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, you got to get yourself all the way through the door first, you know what I'm saying like that. That's why I think a lot of people falter a little bit because they want to represent for the whole state and they want to bring everybody with them, and usually all the people end up weighing them down before you get through where you need to be.
Speaker 3: I think that with with me, how I present myself, how I cared myself. I cared myself as you know. He he's a strong front by himself.
Speaker 21: You know.
Speaker 3: It's just I want to be a good representative for him. You know, it's not that I'm pulling them up.
Speaker 2: You're saying.
Speaker 3: The way that I walk my character is what it puts it out there, like, oh I like him.
Speaker 2: Let me see what they got going on, you know, what I'm saying, I let my walk. You're saying speak for him. You got to teachers to dance for you leave.
Speaker 5: Man, you gotta show us something.
Speaker 2: Somebody put the song on. Who gonna lead us? You're gonna lead us?
Speaker 3: Man, I'll try something. I tell you couldn't. That's why he.
Speaker 19: When everybody they said this, the instructional version dropped the deck.
Speaker 11: Okay, all right, so where.
Speaker 2: Where all ds P hold on? What you mean? So he tells you how to do it, and man, I'm tired of here to do it here? Okay?
Speaker 5: On YouTube, man, they got an instructure I was looking, but well.
Speaker 2: Tell them where to follow you.
Speaker 3: Eight on three fresh, it will prepres the kid liby billy. You can follow me on all streaming platform everywhere. Man, this type eight on three Fresh. You said you can get my music from a music Spotify, your local bootleg man fleet market, you can get them every well. I definite appreciate y'all and listen, man, man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Man. Listen. Always love for the home team.
Speaker 3: You definitely putting soclne on the methods. Will yes what you're doing DJ Vy Man, I appreciate you. You said it's just Larry the Depit appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Tell you pretty, young guy.
Speaker 20: Follow you man, Follow me on a platform, man, young guy, I'm pretty much the same on everything out on all music stream platforms.
Speaker 2: We got a lot coming Man twenty. We're gonna finish it out. Next year's gonna be even bigger.
Speaker 20: Man feature to represented Miss Simva Man South Carolina. We're just all trying to put it together.
Speaker 2: Man, absolutely abody, guys, It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning yo. Warning everybody, It's t J n V Jess Hilarious.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club this weekend in Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Make sure you get your tickets. If you haven't got your tickets.
Speaker 2: What is the third anniversary of.
Speaker 1: The third Annual Black Effect Podcast Festival happening this Saturday in Atlanta, Georgia Pullman Yards. You know we got some of your favorite podcasts gonna be on that stage. Cam Newton's gonna be on there doing this Funky Friday podcast live, Carrie Champions gonna be doing the NEXD podcast live, tanking, Jay Valentine will be doing their R and B Money podcast live, and Sarah Jakes Roberts will be doing her Woman Evolved Podcast Live man, and guess what sluthar guy Louis V. You know Louis VI will be providing the soundtrack dropping the clues bomb for everybody's on ninety six point one. You got us Black Effect fans, yes see, you know Louis V from South Carolina, like I'm from South Carolina.
Speaker 2: So you know that's yes. You ain't gonna have to ask what the fans that we're gonna have some fans.
Speaker 1: Gonna have all Black Effect fans out there, So go to Black Effect dot com Slash Podcast Festival to get your tickets and we'll see you Saturday, Atlanta.
Speaker 3: You know the crazy thing I made fans for the car show because it's gonna be such a hot summer and such a great summing with that song so big, everybody's gonna looking for fans give.
Speaker 6: Maybe they can fan some of that piling away. The pollen is crazy, this shear. I ain't seen it.
Speaker 2: M how people who sniffed cocaine feel about pollen. You don't thought about that.
Speaker 1: They don't complain about this, complain about your allergies and be rubbing your notes about damn that damn pollen.
Speaker 2: But then you go sniff from powder.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but see, powder don't give you allergies, make you feel good.
Speaker 4: Pollen will f you up. Y'all have no idea.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. It's an observation that I'm just an observation. All more and more we piece together. We pieced together while that rant happened more and more every day.
Speaker 5: Oh, don't you do that?
Speaker 2: Don't you do that to happen? All right?
Speaker 3: When we come back, we have the latest within Lauren, and today is take your kids to work there. I got my kids with me, got Jackson, I got Lundie, and I got a little Brookie with me. And they want to have a dance contest with you with me. They don't know uptown downtown. I try to get him to learn it real fast. They ain't really get it.
Speaker 4: They knew, and you can get him to try to get you don't even know how.
Speaker 11: To do it.
Speaker 5: That's the whole problem.
Speaker 17: Yo.
Speaker 4: They not gonna kick my ass, Yo, They're gonna these.
Speaker 5: Kids flipping in all types of stuff, a.
Speaker 6: Little o marios like no, like, Yo, I've seen your videos. Your dad if he don't talk about nothing else, he's talking about y'all dance competitions. I'm not trying to dance against y'all little Jessica alboms up here.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 6: Yes, remember one, no kids. I can teach y'all to uptown downtown.
Speaker 2: I do that, all right. Let's get to the latest with Lauren. Lanna be coming straight fast.
Speaker 11: She gets them somebody that knows somebody.
Speaker 4: I'm a home girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 2: And she'd be having the latest on you. The latest with Lauren la Rosa. Sometimes you details, sometimes she haven't a little bit of every.
Speaker 14: Time the leader on the Breakfast Club to man, I feel like I ain't never talked about this much and in my whole time and unc Shane and Sharp for those who don't.
Speaker 1: Know about him this much, that's sad that man has been doing great work for the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: The fact that you said a lot, well, the fact that.
Speaker 4: You said that a lot, you don't never been in the media, are you every day?
Speaker 14: You saying because I've always said that Shannon Sharp was who he was. I watched and we report on Club Shape all the time up here. But what I'm saying is we've been spending a lot of time sir, you involved in the conversation too.
Speaker 2: You can just think about anyway.
Speaker 4: Since the Cat Williams interview, let's say that we we talked about your interview in here. We talked about a lot of club shape.
Speaker 14: But we're gonna continue forward, okay, because what we the piece that we're about to talk about right now is Donna Rolins, uh son's mom. Her name is Stephanie George. She used to be on Bad Girls Club. She came out and posted a video, Uh basically call in Shannon Sharp's bs for a conversation he had with Donnette Rollins about her and her age.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 17: Really wanted to address something that has really been bothering me for the past couple of months. My son's dad is a comedian and an actor, and he did an interview with a man by the name of Shannon Sharp on his podcast.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 17: On that podcast, Shannon Sharp did a lot of digging, and my son's dad and I broke up over six years ago. For him to ever try to bring me up or a family dynamic or the age gap is very, very shocking to me. Now, last night I was on Threads and I saw his name trending, and you know he's being accused of like really horrific things.
Speaker 10: The girl was nineteen when it started.
Speaker 4: Wow, you were really projecting.
Speaker 17: You went digging and you found the fact that we have a huge age gap, and you highlighted that and you tried to make fun of it, but you were actually really living that life, if not worse, I just feel like, if you live in a glasshouse, please don't throw stones. Now, a lot of these moments that began to go revival or anything in dealing with age, conversation women whatever. Of course, people are going back and are grabbing clips and are recirculating. Uh now this clip, even the moningue equipment. She was telling uh Shannon Sharp about young girls and not dating them. Now, the conversation that Stephanie Stephanie George is talking about with Donelle, we have that as well as say, listen.
Speaker 15: She's so young that she she could pop up. Yeah, I'm like she twinty, Donelle twenty? You why you didn't date on mom?
Speaker 2: Why you go for the Donalle sounds crazy? You like him young? No, we don't do that. I don't like I don't like him young. I like what I love.
Speaker 15: Yes, she's a lot, lot, lot, lot lot younger than me.
Speaker 2: But that's what it was.
Speaker 12: Why you hating on me?
Speaker 15: Where y'all be that forever twenty one? You know what I figure that, I mean, where you meet the forty three year old at I mean, hey, twenty three, I think I'm a couple of years older you I go thirty three, So I just need to know wown.
Speaker 4: So moments like that is what is recirculating.
Speaker 1: By the way, that moment right there, that means all jokes about Shannon Sharp are fair. What you say, all jokes about Sharp damn and him.
Speaker 2: With the nineteen year old are absolutely fair.
Speaker 14: And that interview was January fifteenth of this year, and.
Speaker 3: She probably felt the way because he was cracking jokes and then, like she said, you can't crack jokes and make it seem like you you you look down on it, and then when your mess come out, it's like oops mm hm damn.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, the internet is interneting.
Speaker 2: That's also why you can't just do what your producers tell you to do, Like when you're in these interviews and you're in.
Speaker 1: These conversations, like the things that you say have to be coming from you and coming from you know what you believe in your heart. You can't just be saying what's on your card and whats your producer?
Speaker 10: You do?
Speaker 1: Well, you know you should ask me about this, then you should make jokes about that. No, they gotta come from you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the question was there, but he thought it was funny, thought he could crack jokes.
Speaker 12: Say.
Speaker 6: I don't even think that was like a call from the producer. I think Shannon just went and just had fun. He thought it was why would you do if you know that you like they do? But he didn't expect to what he into to come out like. He didn't expect for his stuff to be put on fresh.
Speaker 2: She always talks about like.
Speaker 4: Younger girl girl.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but ya, you know, but younger in nineteen twenty is I mean it's younger, but you know it's the gap is gapping.
Speaker 6: He just didn't expect for nothing that he got going on to come out all right.
Speaker 2: I think that's what it was.
Speaker 14: Well, speaking of people sitting down and having some conversations, best sheell Obama or her podcast.
Speaker 4: Have you guys watched any episodes? No, I've seen a couple of clips.
Speaker 2: I'm going viral clips.
Speaker 4: So good.
Speaker 14: So she just had a conversation with Taraji p Henson and of course they get back into more in detail about her deciding not to show up with Barack Obama a certain things and that leading to people thinking that she was, you know, having issues. But before they got into that conversation, they talked about the power of no, and Michelle Obama talks about her going to therapy and learning the power no.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 8: I had to convince myself that I had done enough. After all that I had done in the world, I still felt a guilt that maybe maybe I needed to do a little bit more. I'm at this stage in life where I have to define my life on my terms and going to therapy just to work all that out. Like what happened that eight years that we were in the White House? What did that do to me internally?
Speaker 4: My soul?
Speaker 2: We made it through, We got out alive.
Speaker 8: I hope we made the country proud, my girls, thank God, our whole But what happened to me right and going through therapy is getting me to look at the fact that and maybe maybe finally I'm good enough.
Speaker 14: I didn't even realize the time y'all want to have time for a second clip, we gonn have to bring it back in here. But that power of knowing going to therapy is what she said made her say, I'm not going to none of that stuff. I don't want to go to inauguration, Jimmy Carter, the funeral. She ain't want to do it. She just didn't want to do it. She didn't have it in or to do it.
Speaker 3: I wonder how that dynamic works, right, because that is your husband, and sometimes in relationships if you are married, I'm sure Charlemagne and as you know, sometimes you don't want to do things with your spouse, but you do it because it means the most to them what they have to And I'm sure the same thing with you. I'm sure he doesn't want to go to some things, but he asked her because he was wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but your boundaries are your boundaries, and I don't care if it's your husband. I don't care if it's your wife. You know, if you don't want to do something, you should not.
Speaker 2: Have to do it, especially especially something like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's boundaries.
Speaker 3: But if you're the ex president and you're showing up and I have to go.
Speaker 4: I would think my wife would be like just taking I go to.
Speaker 14: I want to bring this back in the next I want to, but there's a lot of hold us for the next hour.
Speaker 2: I want you a couple.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 14: There's more because she also talks about people get on her when she made her own decisions, even to talk about her relationship and not going these places and a dragger for it. Let's bring us back in the next hour, because knew y'all will have opinions because all of y'all be going and having to do stuff y'all don't want to do.
Speaker 5: We'll get to that.
Speaker 4: You are so right, Lauren, you had to go recently avocados.
Speaker 2: Wow, she was at the flea market.
Speaker 4: In the market, I'm crazy.
Speaker 5: It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 5: You're like into the breakfast club.
Speaker 12: Who wanted to know how you came up with them?
Speaker 4: Don't hear the niggas.
Speaker 11: Because you're mean.
Speaker 2: GI's a bunch of donkeys the street.
Speaker 4: That is why, Charlemagne, if.
Speaker 2: We live a life where we rite are tongue based off who we may have seen, he never was saying.
Speaker 11: On the breakfast club.
Speaker 20: In the words of charlemagnea god he's a donkey.
Speaker 2: Ah man, Charlamagne, you've given donkey to day to who now don't get to?
Speaker 19: Day?
Speaker 1: For Thursday, April twenty fourth goes to a twenty seven year old Ohio man named makayah I Swinder. Now, who in here had to wash dishes as part of their chores growing up?
Speaker 2: Raise your hand? Okay? Who in here enjoy washing dishes as a child? Raise your hand?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All your kids?
Speaker 5: And Joe he likes drying the dishes. You don't like washing them?
Speaker 1: Well, just when you didn't want to wash dishes, what did you tell miss Robin I don't.
Speaker 6: Want to wash dishes mine, but I will so I won't get popped?
Speaker 2: Okay? Did you ever have an argument with her about and not wanting to watch dishes? Hell? No, because you know she bust that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm sure you make the kids wash dishes.
Speaker 2: They all raise their hand. Yes. Have they ever rebelled against you and said, nah, Dad, that ain't happening. No? What about Maddie Logi? No, neither none of them. No.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that Logan buck Back at least once definitely didn't. Okay, I don't believe it. Well, those are all constructive, productive ways to deal with your kids when you want them to do what it is you want them to do, when you want them to wash dishes.
Speaker 2: But even you know, if.
Speaker 1: You do that, Okay, if you do that, some kids still ain't gonna you know what I'm saying. Some kids just not gonna do what it is you want them to do. And Makayah Icewinder is one of those. He had a dispute death started over dishes into tragically. Let's go to w w NY seven news for you please.
Speaker 22: Nearly the first thing out of Macia Swindler's mouth on the phone with dispatchers and.
Speaker 11: Admission, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 12: I just killed my father.
Speaker 11: Wait what I killed my dad?
Speaker 12: What do you mean by you killed your dad? But he's dead.
Speaker 22: We're learning what led up to the violent incident. Marysville police had been to this house earlier in the day responding to a dispute between Maciah and his father, fifty nine year old Joe Swindler. A police report shows the issue started over a dispute over doing the dishes. This caused a verbal conflict. Hours later, another call to the home from Maciah, who said he stabbed his father with a knife. The dispatcher asked him, why.
Speaker 4: Oh God, God told me to God told you too, Yes, yes, okay, I had orders.
Speaker 22: Kaya Swindler was in court this morning, where prosecutors called him dangerous and requested that he be.
Speaker 1: He Sometimes I wonder if these are the effects of gentle parenting. Sometimes I wonder if we have to bring back beatings. Okay, I used to have to pick a switch. Nothing makes you understand the consequences of your actions like having to pick your own switch because you know you did something wrong, and now your parent or grandparent is leaving it up to you to decide what your punishment is. And if you go and bring back a switch that's not big enough, now they go get the switch, and you don't want them to go get the switch. So it just gave you a level of accountability for the things that you did. And when you get beat with a switch you picked, you really understand that you caused this on yourself. Jess, you said you never bucked back at miss Robin because you knew she would.
Speaker 4: What beat my assay talking about?
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if whippings would have stopped this young man Makaiah from being a stone cold killer.
Speaker 2: But I highly doubt his dad wanted to go out like this. Okay.
Speaker 1: Makiya said he put his dad out of his misery. Actually, son, I just wanted you to wash the dishes.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, when this young man Makaia says, God told me to one of my favorite movies growing up was Frailty. You should watch if you never have, so I understand.
Speaker 2: How that could be true.
Speaker 1: But Makaiah, and to anyone out there listening to me, let me tell you something. Whenever you think God is, you know, telling you to do something that you know will will cause hurt to somebody, or you know it'll end up with somebody being dead or end up with you in prison for the rest of your life, please understand that Satan has a kingdom too, Okay. I think we often forget that if we give Satan attention, he will give us direction. Makaya, somewhere along.
Speaker 2: The way, you gave your attention to Satan.
Speaker 1: You submitted your will to him, and he told you to kill your father, and now you charged with one count of murder and where you going.
Speaker 2: Chores are not optional, okay.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be cleaning, You're gonna be doing food preparation, you're gonna be doing laundry, washing other people's draws, you're gonna be doing maintenance, and you're probably gonna be doing what Kanye was doing to his cousin until the age of fourteen. And the irony is you might get stabbed and killed if you don't. Please give Makaya Ice Winder the biggest he huh. And it's crazy that he didn't want to take his dad orders simply wash the dishes. But he'll listen to the voice in his head that he said was God telling him to kill his dad.
Speaker 2: Killing his dad took way more, way more energy.
Speaker 23: Yo.
Speaker 4: What is his last name?
Speaker 2: Swinder? You want to play a game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's play a game of guess what racy?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right?
Speaker 1: Kaya I Swinder of Ohio killed his father because of a dispute over washing the dishes.
Speaker 2: Just hilarious.
Speaker 11: Guess what race is?
Speaker 4: I want to say white, But your name Makaya a mixed?
Speaker 5: Do we have a mixed?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Dj nvy Madia Swinder killed his father over a dispute over washing dishes. Guess what racy is?
Speaker 2: White?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna be honest with you. Oh boy, and he's wrong. I don't know if Jess is wrong. Let me say Jess might be half right, because I don't know.
Speaker 2: If he's he look, he looked Miami black. He's black. Let me see. But he couldn't be mixed.
Speaker 5: I gave it away.
Speaker 6: Macay Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely like Makay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Makay was was a black man from Florida. Even he looks he said, Ohio, No, black people don't hire. But I'm like, Ohio, when he killed his parents.
Speaker 5: That's like to be washed.
Speaker 4: I mean you know this.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, I knew. But the Makaya gave it away.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're black? All right?
Speaker 5: Well, thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Dog here to day up next Ess, fix my mess eight hundred five five one. If you haven't relationship issues or any type of issue, called Jess right now shall help you out with all your problems. Call up eight hundred and five eight five one five one. It's the Breakfast Club the morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 16: Baby, it's the real dealt me.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm all up in your mess. I'm gonna fix it, fixed it, fixed it, fix it. Just gonna fix your mess because my advice is real.
Speaker 3: All right, Anonymous, it's time for just to fix your mess. So what's your question for jess Mama?
Speaker 12: Oh god, y'all put on in.
Speaker 21: So what's happening is me and my mom, my husband. We all live together, and my mother and.
Speaker 24: My husband be bumping heads.
Speaker 21: Like the arguments, and it's.
Speaker 24: Mainly about my daughter.
Speaker 21: So my husband is one of.
Speaker 24: Those dads that he's a good dad, but he does.
Speaker 21: Not pay attention to everything that happens and everything my daughter is doing.
Speaker 24: And my mother see that and she's very opinionated and she talks about it, okay, and she'll say something to him, and then seven husband, I just want to like stay in.
Speaker 21: The background and not say nothing at all.
Speaker 24: But this is my husband, this is my mother.
Speaker 6: So is she a for Is your dad? I mean not your dad? Is your husband the first time dad?
Speaker 24: No? But he has never been like his other daughter. She's older and she grew up in Florida, So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's different.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, do y'all live with your mother or do your mother live with y'all?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 24: No, she lives with us.
Speaker 6: Use Okay, I got you. I totally got you. The thing is, that's kind of hard. I ain't about to say put mama out, but it's like you have you sat down, had a conversation with her yet about boundaries and what is going to fly in the house and what you what she she has to respect, Yeah, how she asked me, Yes, respect your husband.
Speaker 4: You know that's y'all house. Y'all don't live with her.
Speaker 2: She lives with y'all.
Speaker 6: And while she is the grandmother and the mother and your mother, she's still there still is a line that she should not cross. You know, you're her child, but you're no longer a child.
Speaker 17: And that's the.
Speaker 24: Thing she doesn't really get. I don't believe she probably could.
Speaker 21: I don't know she probably could. But it's good help for me because like I told y'all earlier, I worked three jobs. I got you, and yeah, it's just help here.
Speaker 24: Like I have help cooking, I help cleaning, I got help.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 12: Finis well, it still.
Speaker 6: Could be worked out in a way where it's it's some type of compromise, y'all. Y'all are still three adults, you know, And like I said, you know, although when people getting their older age, they sat in their ways, it's still she's gonna have to come because this is not her house.
Speaker 4: You know, she's a tenth in y'all house, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And yeah, she is the nanny and she has roles and duties and she you know.
Speaker 4: Nobody do it like mama.
Speaker 6: But it's still boundaries and she has to understand that because if the shoe were on the other foot and you lived in her and her husband's house, that would certainly be boundaries.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: She got to put herself in your shoes, So just sit down and had that conversation with I feel like you haven't yet because she's still mommy. You don't want to disappoint her or disrespect her. But you're grown and y'all are three adults. Y'all gotta make that work or the kids going no to something too, and that's not really good to be doing in front of in front of the kids, fighting arguing.
Speaker 24: Now, you're right, You're like, but I do need to have a conversation her.
Speaker 21: I'm just like, I don't know why I'm nervous, Like, because.
Speaker 6: That's your mom, girl, and she probably used to beat your ass when you was you got younger, so you Yeah, she's definitely probably that type of mom that don't play. But it's like, all right, man, now I'm the mom who you know who don't play. I'm only who you raised me to be. And you gotta respect my house or you're gonna have to go.
Speaker 23: Yeah, okay, thank you, Jess Ill guys, Bye guys, bye bye.
Speaker 3: Just fix my mess eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. If you need just to fix your mess, calling now, it's the breakfast cloak, good morning.
Speaker 2: That's about me.
Speaker 4: For relationship problems, that's about me.
Speaker 6: If you need to beat your coworker's ass, at about me for your coworker, need to beat your ass, call it up. Got to Jess and I'm here to fix your masks, fix your mesk. It's giving very much messing.
Speaker 4: Let me fix that morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is j Envy, Jess, hilarious, Charlamagne, the gud We are the breakfast club. We're in the middle of just fix my mess and we have Tam on the line. Tam, it sounds like you got us on a bluetooth. Can you take us on bluetooth speaker?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, my bad?
Speaker 2: Okay, that better perfect. What's your question for justin?
Speaker 23: Yes, I need you to tell me.
Speaker 24: Okay, so let me start from here. My daughter is it was seventh grade, right, and.
Speaker 23: She has these little girls at school that keep messing with her just because she's pretty, and they just ball aheaded and jealous. I want you to tell me. I want you to tell me if I'm crazy or should I go and roll myself in the school and go with all the airs?
Speaker 4: You want to enroll yourself to school?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: Are they in high school?
Speaker 11: This middle school?
Speaker 2: Are you crazy? Yes?
Speaker 23: Yes, they keep messing with my baby and I know I'm not gonna do it for real, but it's just like it's like, what do you do well?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, see I'm a comedian.
Speaker 23: It was like, because huh.
Speaker 6: Me as a comedian, I just would teach my kid how to roast. But that's the thing though, like you know, everybody ain't got that gift to you just roast everybody. She got to know how to embarrass them without getting.
Speaker 12: But she's like very like, she's like very uh.
Speaker 23: She just doesn't like confusion. She doesn't like you. She will if she has to, because I see her her sister all the time, like going at it. But it's just like she just she doesn't want to get in.
Speaker 10: Trouble at you.
Speaker 23: And I'm like, listen, the only person can get in trouble from is me or your father. They can't do nothing to you.
Speaker 6: And then she's probably not confrontational, you know what I'm saying. Now, what you see not at house? Yeah, what you see in the house her and her sister. That's who she lived with, That's who she grew up with, you know. So that's the sibling robbery is always going to be there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But school is different, It's not how it used to be these days.
Speaker 6: Man, kids are very much cruel, like, very much crueler.
Speaker 4: Than they used to be.
Speaker 6: Then you got the Internet influencing things, and then it's different.
Speaker 23: So because I'm not the one when I was in school, I'm not gonna let you bully me or bully nobody else. That's why it really bothers me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: But well, unfortunately we don't really have those people who stick up for others anymore because everybody be trying to mind their business, you know what I mean. Everybody's so busy recording or trying to you know, get the likes and stuff, get everything on social media. I don't want to tell you take her out the school. Is she crying and she's like I don't want to go back?
Speaker 24: Or like what, No, she's not crying.
Speaker 23: She's just like she comes home and she's like, you know, we're really close. Like that's one of my closest people in the world. And I'm into tonight whatever that today.
Speaker 24: Tell me what's going on.
Speaker 23: I want to know to te you soon as I pick her up from school.
Speaker 20: Tell me.
Speaker 23: And it takes everything and me not to go up to that school and I want to talk to a principal, a guy counselor or something, because it's just like, y'all just allow it.
Speaker 12: It's no problem.
Speaker 6: So you haven't talked to anybody up there yet, any authorities at the school.
Speaker 4: I have, Oh, you have.
Speaker 12: Kind of like yeah, we live in Florida, so look like charloa.
Speaker 2: Sir oh man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you might just have to take her out then back or she or or you just teach her how to roast.
Speaker 2: That's what you gotta do.
Speaker 4: She gotta turn school into wild'n out.
Speaker 6: She gotta turn school into that playground and really really tell bitches that they barehead you know what I'm saying, Like she right, like, no, you gotta teach you how to like yeah, I mean, now she might get jumped, but that's the thing, because the last thing a ball ahead bitch wanted to be told is you bay head.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: They already know that I've been there, you know what I mean. That's the last thing I wanted to head. But if they're just really hating on her because she's pretty, she really gotta she got to learn how to throw that song just.
Speaker 5: Thousand percent right, Jess is right.
Speaker 3: We had that problem with with Madison and we had to have a roast contest at the crib and teach you how to roast where she you know, throws them things right back. And like she said, because she can't come running crying every day because it's gonna make it worse, right, So she got to learn how to roll.
Speaker 23: And she don't try. She don't cry every day. She doesn't even tell me unless I ast her because I'm like really involved. I'm on her Instagram, her TikTok, I'm on everything. I want to know, I asked, I'm the one that you know tried to figure out. She doesn't really want to tell me because she knows that me and her father are kind of great.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 6: And then y'all gonna make it a little worse, you know, because y'all are adult Floridians, So y'all already are already crazy.
Speaker 12: I'm from Virginia.
Speaker 2: Get down there drinking the water. You crazy.
Speaker 3: But you know, just make sure whatever you teach you a roast, don't teach a roast that will come from you like your mama hole.
Speaker 5: Like you can't do things like that that they not came from you.
Speaker 3: Like you can say like that's why your mama driving Toyota, Like things like that are.
Speaker 2: Hurt like crazy.
Speaker 12: I can't take that's right.
Speaker 2: You can't say nothing new, Hamster. Listen to me. It's crazy that this segment.
Speaker 1: Is called Just Fix My Mess and Justine the comedian and master Roaster.
Speaker 2: But you're giving it.
Speaker 3: But I just jumped in little he could relate. I got a couple of kids that've been through it. That's got a klan over here.
Speaker 2: See, you don't even know what the racing is. I just had a whole conversation.
Speaker 3: Now let me ask you a question, Tam if you got a coworker that lies to your son and tells yourself when you leave the room that you really Dominican.
Speaker 5: How you hand the lat tam?
Speaker 12: Yeah, boy, that happens to me all the time.
Speaker 23: But they swear I'm finished, So I feel you.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, Jackson just told usn't know he was Dominican.
Speaker 5: He's not Dominican.
Speaker 2: That's why Little Wisconsin was.
Speaker 1: That was one of that Brooklyn Brooklyn, Little Brooklyn got the sombrera on.
Speaker 4: Her hair, Little wiscontent totally.
Speaker 2: Jess, all you got to do when you see any kid's name of the city, all right, just.
Speaker 5: Fix my mess.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five on we got the Ladiest with Lauren coming up.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club. Good boarding, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning everybody. We are the Breakfast Club. DJ M V Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, you're.
Speaker 4: What's up today is bring your kids to work day?
Speaker 14: Sure is you didn't bring the baby for me. I was what, your other kids are here and just didn't bring the baby for me.
Speaker 6: I thought it was gonna be too many babies for you because he said he was gonna bring baby Peyton, and I was gonna bring baby marm twins.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't think you get to handle it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't have no kids.
Speaker 6: So going from no kids to a three year old and an eight month old, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: And I see how you carry your phone and laptop at the same time. No two phones, my goodness.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, let's get to the latest with Laura. Mom be coming a straight fast.
Speaker 11: She gets them somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 4: I'm a gonna girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 2: She'd be having the latest on you. The latest with Lauren la Rossa.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 5: It's the latest, the talk to me, all right.
Speaker 14: So the last hour we begin to have this conversation because Michelle Obama has been talking about the fact that she's been not happy about certain things and she's choosing herself in her relationship and impersonal. So y'all started talking about what it's like to have to do things for your spouse that you don't want to do. Michelle Obama talked about this a bit because she spoke out about not going to certain events. What you laughing at envy nothing.
Speaker 4: What's y'all planning planning nothing.
Speaker 14: She's talking about not wanting to go and do certain things when she's with Barack Obama. Let's take a listen to Michelle Obama on skipping events.
Speaker 8: I'm learning some of those messages that I've been saying to myself and so practicing no in a very different way. Intentionally, my decision to skip the inauguration. You know what, people don't realize from my decision to make choices at the beginning of this year that suited me were met with such ridicule and criticism, Like people couldn't believe that I was saying no for any other reason that they had to assume that my marriage was falling right. And it took everything in my power to not do the thing that was right or that was was that was perceived as right. I had to basically trick myself out of it. And it started with not having anything to wear. So I was like, if I'm not going to do this thing, I gotta tell my team I don't even want to have a dress ready.
Speaker 14: Yeah, she talked about having that dress ready. She said she had been so triggered to have to just do stuff for everybody else that she would keep clothes, you know what I mean, Like, there was no self care, there was no boundaries, as we talked about earlier.
Speaker 4: So question for the room.
Speaker 14: I know y'all have to do things y'all don't want to do in y'all marriages, right, but she's Michelle Obama.
Speaker 4: Is it ten times worse? Does she not get to know?
Speaker 3: I mean, every relationship is different, and people, you know, function how they want to function in their relationship. But there's times when I need to go to places and I'm sure my wife would rather stay home, but she goes because we're a team. And I know there's times where you know, she needs to go someplace where I don't want to go, but we're a team and we do.
Speaker 2: You know, we go. It is what it is. Do you get that?
Speaker 4: Like like because it seems like a bit it started to affect her mentally.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with spouses having boundaries, especially if those things will disturb her peace, if they will disturb her mental if they do disturb her emotionally, and honestly, if I'm talking to her and she tells me how she feels about the situation and why she doesn't want to go. If she feels very strongly about it, I'm gonna ask myself, well, damn, maybe I don't need to be there either, because that's my significant other, that's my better half.
Speaker 2: She may see something that I don't see.
Speaker 3: So I don't have a problem with Well, President Barack Obama couldn't say he wasn't.
Speaker 4: Going to the I get that.
Speaker 2: To me, the grown man.
Speaker 3: You can do whatever you want to Douration, you know what I mean. It's like I said, every relationship is different. But I'm sure with you just there's times where you got to go someplaces Christ like I'll go, and I'm sure there's times got but if it disturbs your.
Speaker 2: Piece, it's one thing that you just not want to go because you don't want to go. But if you're like I am.
Speaker 1: Morally against this, I know it's going to disturb my piece, it's going to disturb my mental health.
Speaker 2: And you still force the Perston to go, come on down.
Speaker 6: Well, one thing about Chris, he likes the gun range. I I don't like to go, but I do go because that's something that he really likes.
Speaker 4: He likes golfing.
Speaker 6: I don't like to go because I don't even know what I'm doing, but yeah, you know, yeah, it's like all right, I'll get keep pictures. But like he'd be really into it, but I go because that makes him feel good that I'm right there.
Speaker 2: Don't or I act like I.
Speaker 4: Want to hit them balls. You know what I'm saying, And I think that's dope. But none of those things disturb her. No, they don't disturb my piece.
Speaker 2: They're not disturbing you mentally.
Speaker 6: But what he's saying is what if he was saying, is like, Yo, your husband was the president of the United States.
Speaker 4: It's not a soul.
Speaker 7: Yo.
Speaker 4: We see how miserable Malania look?
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, you know you'd be going she don't want to go.
Speaker 14: First lady, But Jess, you have a new baby, you have your older son, you are here at work, you're traveling the road.
Speaker 4: There are some days where you're just like, yo, I need to breathe.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 14: And Michelle Obama's point is she wasn't even taking that time. She was so she was just going, going, going and carrying everything. Because women, that's what we're taught to do.
Speaker 4: You can't say that.
Speaker 2: But also we're acting.
Speaker 1: We know what Michelle was saying about President Donald Trump on the campaign trail.
Speaker 2: Maybe she didn't want to look like a hypocrite.
Speaker 1: Maybe she didn't want to be calling this man that threats a democracy, calling this man fascist, but then sitting there cheating in his face like the rest of them, because we all gave them hell for doing it, because they all look silly. But that's I gave Michelle propt them like Michelle the only one that stood on business.
Speaker 3: But nobody had the cheese. Nobody had the cheese his face. Even though you're forced to be there because of your country, you didn't have to, you know, get my high five and poke them in the belly.
Speaker 5: You ain't have to do nothing that was there.
Speaker 4: Her face is anything but cheesy. Now that's a whole story.
Speaker 14: And she talked about that too, how she dragged when things are not perfect, when she feels a certain way, when she says, when she talks about her Obama's relationship, she gets dragged. And she said she's tired of taking a high.
Speaker 4: Road all the time.
Speaker 2: She don't want to no no, no, no, no, no, okay, because.
Speaker 4: We don't have the time. And y'all been talking a lot. What she said was that she said that she does.
Speaker 14: She's tired of taking the high road all the time when it compromises her mental health, and she doesn't want to teach her daughters that.
Speaker 2: I much rather you. You should have the audio, y'all just ain't gonna get the audio.
Speaker 14: That was don't we have another clip, but don't play. I wanted to get to something else taking over my segment.
Speaker 4: Get to it to thank you, Jess, it's Saven. Michelle Obama related, it's Ri Lennox. Okay, what happened? R Lenox is no longer on Dreamville right. The story came out that she's leaving Dreamville. Don't with your fans.
Speaker 14: I want to get this in because when the story dropped, people thought that she released this announcement. It did not come from her, I'm told by source closes, and they want people to know that that did not come from her. And she does not feel good about how it was released, and that is a big part of the reason or why she wanted to be separated from Dreamville. She wants control back over herself and over her music. And the story that was published was not Ari Lenox Wistoever, it came from somewhere else and She's still signed to Interscope, which is a UMGH subsidiary, right, so she's still gonna be releasing music and doing different things. But that dream of announcement was not her. Things are amicable, or so she thought, that's it.
Speaker 4: That needs to be said.
Speaker 2: Well, good for her. She's dope.
Speaker 3: She's dope, and she didn't feel comfortable in she got out and she's doing things the way she wants to do it.
Speaker 5: She was a control whole narrative looked.
Speaker 6: Her absolutely yeah, and happy birthday to Kailani. It's her birthday today today, So you know you're speaking.
Speaker 2: Of singers not Mexican, trying to.
Speaker 4: Make everybody Mexican.
Speaker 2: Mexican. You know you got a Mexican birthday calendar, and you know all the Mexican.
Speaker 14: Birthday Saturday entertainer is not Mexican.
Speaker 4: Nati Black, he's sixty.
Speaker 1: One though he needed that birthday, so she know all the comedians and all Axican birthday that's brand for Jesse alaricis you know.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you said Chris likes to go to the gum raye. He opened up his eyes like that looked like he was about to You gotta watch him.
Speaker 2: He I know I did.
Speaker 20: He is the clown.
Speaker 4: He's trying to protect his family.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, yes I knew what.
Speaker 4: I knew what because he's trying to do it right now.
Speaker 5: We have no more dumps. We have no more dumps.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, all right, all right, people choice mix us up next to the breakfast logan morning you're checking out.
Speaker 4: The breakfast club wanting everybody's DJ envy.
Speaker 2: Just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne, the guy we are the breakfast club today is bring your kids to work day. I got my kids here. I have Jackson, London and Brooklyn. Charlomagne tried to say that they Dominican. My son is confused.
Speaker 11: He doesn't know what he is now he's.
Speaker 3: Not Charlomagne, ask him, does heads they're all confused.
Speaker 2: That's your granddaddy. Where he's from, Dominika, domin No after I am.
Speaker 3: Shout out, you would give aybody shout out to the mic, anybody, nobody.
Speaker 2: Y'all ain't name of the kids. Saying to Domingo about brook give anybody shut up, come on, broke carry up under that.
Speaker 12: Just dad.
Speaker 1: Alright, y'all ain't name none of them? Why they named after just the American forget you that don't make no sense. Aim from the Dominican.
Speaker 5: A three Fresh shout to them for joining us this morning.
Speaker 2: Luther Ato three fresh Man, make sure you go download Boots on the Ground.
Speaker 5: I just want to tell you Ato three Fresh.
Speaker 3: I've been doing the Breakfast Club for what sixteen seventeen years, and they came with the most people ever.
Speaker 12: What you got.
Speaker 4: It's like a family reunion out.
Speaker 2: Because they all supporting Ato three fresh.
Speaker 1: They happy for him. You know this don't happen for people from South Carolina too.
Speaker 5: Of how they get all upstairs, all of them, all of them.
Speaker 4: They should have bought the grills everything.
Speaker 1: I didn't know they was coming with that many people, but they it's like the moms and his aunts like they happy.
Speaker 2: I said, it was like it was like a family.
Speaker 7: Out.
Speaker 4: There's my grandmother.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it was. It was really should have did a barbecue, yes, a lot of We should have a fish fry. Should we could have right in.
Speaker 6: Front of the building, yup, and everybody had to bring the cowboy boots on to do the dance OUTA been dope.
Speaker 3: Well, salute to them and make sure you download their record to stream. Their record Boots owns on the ground. Now, Yes, I know you got a show coming up in Atlanta, right?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: I Detroit at Orlando, Yes I was. I'm in Detroit.
Speaker 6: So Mother's Day weekend, y'all come and join me at One Mike Comedy Club. We got three shows in one day that Saturday, May tenth. Get your tickets at slarisofficial dot com. We got the eleven Am brunch, the early evening show which is at seven, and then the late show at nine thirty pm.
Speaker 4: I will be doing meet and greet only after the nine thirty show.
Speaker 2: Love you guys.
Speaker 4: Can't wait to get there. Detroit And this.
Speaker 1: Saturday, Charlam is in Atlanta, Yes for the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. Go get your tickets Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival Saturdayjay.
Speaker 2: Robins will be on that podcast stage.
Speaker 1: Cam Newton will be on that podcast stage taking Jay Valentine will be on that podcast stage.
Speaker 2: So join us this Saturday and Atlanta for the third annual.
Speaker 1: Black Effect Podcast Festival Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 2: To get your tickets and the positive notice simply this.
Speaker 1: The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.
Speaker 2: That's Socrates, have a blessed day, Breakfast club, bitches you don't finish, or y'all doubles