Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Our two on this Monday. Hope you had a great weekend. Everybody. Fritzy is off the next two days. Dylan is sitting in his chair. Seating is here, Marv Paulie, yours truly in the back room. Guys, phone calls, especially on Monday. Best and worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked, you didn't like? And you can be in our Bracket challenge. It's live right now on Foxsports Radio dot com. We got word that Alex Ovechkin is in the bracket Challenge. Of course he is. I love that. We'll have Adam Sandler in there, Brian Cranston from Breaking Bad, quite a few celebrities there and you can play along with us. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. We'll get to phone calls coming up. We'll check in with the Minnesota Vikings. Are the Vikings interested in Aaron Rodgers because people think that Rogers is holding up the Steelers? The Vikings are holding up the rest of the NFL. But there's really a lack of context here of are the Vikings interested, And I said last week, why don't the Vikings just come out and say JJ McCarthy is our quarterback unless you're interested. And they may say, well, we don't need to do that. Why should we do that? They're right, But if you're all in on JJ McCart maybe they've told him privately, Hey, we're not commenting on Aaron Rodgers. You're our guy. Let them speculate all they want. You know, we'll hold up the Giants, We'll hold up the Steelers here. We'll check in with the Vikings to find out is there interest there at all, because I don't know if I've the Steelers and the Giants already have reportedly have contracts in place and offer for Aaron Rodgers. But then you throw in the caveat of you know, he could retire. Aaron Rodgers is holding everybody holding me hostage because I do have to cover it, because it is a big story if he goes to the Vikings, if he goes to the Steelers, not as much if he goes to the Giants, but still he's a first ballot Hall of Famer. You have to cover this. But it feels like this is and I've talked about this numerous times. There's wishful reporting. It feels like the NFL community wants to keep this alive, that Aaron Rodgers may go to the Vikings. The Brett fav comparison, Green Bay the Jets and then the Vikings. Feels like it's wishful reporting. But we'll see if we can get some answers here coming up. How are your brackets? By the way, when do we have to officially fill out our brackets? Has to be ready to go at the end of the day Wednesday. Historically that's what we've done, Okay, but not Thursday morning.
Speaker 3: I believe Wednesday the nineteenth Okay, first round games are Tuesday. Excuse me, first round games are Thursday at noon.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, all right, so the end of the day on Wednesday, I might be able to do a Thursday morning. No, because I have to get everybody. Oh boy, you know some of these Hollywood types, they don't want to be told what to do, and then you have to go through a spokesperson and then go through their agents.
Speaker 4: And yes, Martin, I was told in it back Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Wednesday at the at the close of business, Cob, Yes, Cob, I'm gonna say by the time the newsletter comes out, it's six easterns.
Speaker 3: So eod also working end of day yep.
Speaker 2: Eo d okay, yes, Paulie.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite things about our celebrity bracket contest. Todd pulls some pretty random celebrities every year, and he always picks a new.
Speaker 3: Crush that he has of an actress.
Speaker 2: Or entertainer or a newsperson.
Speaker 5: Yes, this year he put on big time actress Jennifer Lawrence, who's never been on this show. Whereas any connection to the Dan Patrick Show or college basket I think it could be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're usually swimsuit models, local weather women. Actually Judd, but she was a big Kentucky basketball fan. There was at least a basketball hook to her. But Todd, any chance that he somehow can talk to somebody on the phone and he I give him credit. I never had that confidence growing up ever, and Todd has too much confidence when it comes to those things he has. He has no fear.
Speaker 3: It's a fear shame.
Speaker 2: How about awareness? Has no awareness? Awareness? Lester Holt is on the list here, YEA, let's go at yes, right, Lester? Of course. But I said to Todd you decide who you want, go after whoever you want. And he just loves this. But Todd's out for the next couple of days.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dylan, I was gonna say, I think it's just too easy for Todd to get in touch with people.
Speaker 2: He has like his rolodex of everyone's found out. Well, he's very determined to Like we got Michael Douglas a couple of years ago and back to back years and I went, be Michael Douglas, huh, and Todd goes, yeah, yep, yep, he's going to be in it, and I go, okay, of course, Michael Douglas. When we were having Michael Douglas on the show in studio a few years ago and we were told he doesn't follow sports, don't ask him sports questions. A PR person says that, and I go, wait, I'm asking him some sports questions. And it turned out he was a great guest. You know, Ryan Reynolds, he doesn't really know sports, but then you start talking to him. He was just a great interview. Billy Bob, he knows a little baseball. I'm like, if they're coming on, we're going to have a conversation. And they were all great because they want to be great. But Alex Ovechkin, the fact that he is going to fill out a bracket is pretty cool. Pull question seating from our one, what are we going to go with an hour two?
Speaker 3: We got two of them up there for our one. Okay, who would you rather see in the tournament? Your options being West Virginia, Indiana, Boise State. You see Irvine, Ohio State, or North Carolina right now? Gosh, from almost almost a tie, West Virginia, slightly ahead of Indiana, slightly ahead of Boise State, just slightly ahead of North Carolina. Nobody wants to see Ohio State. Nobody wants to see uc Airvine.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's close though, all right. North Carolina fourth in that eight seven to seven three DP shows we always do every Monday, best and worst of the weekend operators sitting by taking your phone calls. The Bengals have built their team from the outside in, so you have wide receivers and that's not the normal way you do this. Jamar Chase is great. T Higgins wonderful as well. You're paying nearly seventy million dollars a year for two wideouts. It's a model that's really tough. To sustain the offense wasn't the issue last year. Joe Burrow, coming off wrist surgery, needed protection more than ever. And I think this was a Joe, We're going to keep you happy. We're going to bring back both of these guys. I wouldn't have done that. I would keep Jamar Chase. But you know, you're in a division that has TJ. Watt and Miles Garrett. So there are teams that have good, impactful defensive players. But you know, the Bengals have firepower. They can win. You know, they can win in dramatic fashion and they can lose in dramatic fashion because that defense. And I don't know if they bring back Trade Hendrickson, He's thirty years of age, led the NFL and sacks back to me, seems to be the big head scratcher there. And I liken them to the Miami Dolphins that you know, you have a quarterback, you paid a lot too, and you got two wide receivers that you've built around, you know, Wadowin and Tyreek Hill. That's not a blueprint for success. Can you be the Philadelphia Eagles? No, not anytime soon. They built from the inside out. They built offensive and defensive line. If you look at great teams, you know, sustainability, You've got to have a great offensive and defensive line, or at least good offensive and defensive line. You can't be twenty seventh in defense, third in offense and make that work. It just you know, Kansas City, they were an offensive minded team, then they became a defensive minded team, and then they ended up winning championships being a defensive minded team. Chris Jones, and they ran the football Patrick Mahomes not the guy throwing fifty touchdown houses. But they adapted, they had to change who their their identity was. The Bengals, they're going to be fun to watch. This just felt like we don't want Joe Burrow to want to to one out. But they did go to a super Bowl. But they went to a super Bowl and at the time had a very good defense, respectable defense to go along with that offense. But you know, the salary camp is going to go up. Bengals signed these guys. Now, what do you do? What can you do? Pittsburgh's going to be good, Baltimore, you know, is going to be very good. Cleveland they might be competitive, They're not going to make the playoffs. But the AFC, I mean, it's that there's a lot of good teams there. But I think that that surprised me that they signed, well, they were going to sign Jamar Chase, but they didn't have to announce that they were going to make him the highest paid player in the game non quarterback. And you don't have any wiggle room if you say that. It's not like you go, yeah, we were just kidding. You know, we won him the fifth highest non paid No, you made him the highest paid non quarterback in the game. Could have done this a while ago, and t Higgins could have done that a while ago as well. Yes, Booney, going back.
Speaker 5: To twenty twenty one, the Bengals, the year they made the Super Bowl, they had a seventh ranked offense and seventeenth ranked defense, which is not bad. I was trying to comp them to remember the Rams with Kurt Warner back in the day and Tory Holt and Bruce and I just assumed they were all offense. For three years in a row, the Rams had the number one ranked offense in the NFL for two of those years. They had a top ten defense both of those years they made the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to have something in the upper teams. If you're gonna have a really good offense, you got to at least have that defense that can stop somebody at some point in the playoffs. The regular season is different. Teams are built for the regular season. Team are built for the playoffs. Teams are built to win in all the elements. We can win on the road, we can win. If it's going south, we can win. If we're going north. We can win with our bad you know, with our B game on offense. But you've got to have your defense there that's able to be respected, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 7: And sometimes for teams that are even offensively minded, you at least need one big play from the defense. Almost like you said with the ninety nine Rams, they won a Super Bowl because of a great defensive play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's all you need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there are teams that are fun to watch, but I don't know if we take them seriously. Like I like watching the Dolphins. I don't think they're threatening. I think they're fun to watch. There's just certain teams where you go, yeah, they're fun, but it's just if you want to win a championship. I mean, now the pressure is really on Joe Burrow when you think about it, we got your receivers now. I mean, he did make a Super Bowl, but I don't think there's any other quarterback who has two receivers as good as those two. Can you think of somebody else who's two receivers are as good as now? Jordan Addison's good. I don't think he's better than t Higgins in Minnesota. Yeah, Pauling, it's really not that close. I'm looking at some lists and there's not two A receivers with a person you could say Jalen Hurts has two very good receivers. I don't know if we could shoehorn it to that level. And people will bring up, well, the Eagles have wide receivers. They do, but they don't use their wide receiver. They don't throw the ball. I mean, it's surprising if they throw it more than twenty times, but they don't have to. They have a really good defensive line, a really good offensive line, and then you throw in Saquon Barkley. They're not asking Jalen Hurts to win games. The Bengals are going to say to Joe Burrow, Joe, we're spending a lot of money here, Yeah, Pauling.
Speaker 5: Last year, the Philadelphia Eagles threw the ball the least amount of times of any NFL team for four hundred and forty eight attempts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yes, Mark.
Speaker 4: What about the Rams? Where do you put Puokah in DeVante Adams.
Speaker 2: Not as good as t Higgins and Jamar Chase because I think I think those two guys are better than the Rams too. I think Jamar Chase is better than Puka and this is you know, this isn't Adams five years ago. T Higgins is really good. He's really good, So I would say that, I don't know if there's anybody else, I mean Wada and Hill, but then I'd rather have Joe Burrow throwing to my receivers than you know, Tua throwing to those two receivers. And who knows how long Tyreek Hill is going to stay in Miami. I still think you'll end up with Kansas City for some of you end up back there all right. Eight seven to seven three DP show email dress DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle the DP show, Kirk Cousins staying in Atlanta, Cooper Cup goes to the Seahawks, and your number one Seeds Auburn, Florida Duke and Houston. Hello Gregory, Gregory in Orlean. I believe is what it says on the screen. Is that right, greg Olien?
Speaker 4: O l e A.
Speaker 2: N Oh? Where is Olian?
Speaker 8: Right next to Saint Bonaventure University?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, all right, well, welcome to the program.
Speaker 8: All right, six three two fifty. I have a I have a question for Seaton. Now I know he's a West Virginia alumni, but would he rather be a Notre Dame leprechaun or a West Virginia Mountaineer?
Speaker 2: Ooh dang, I got serious, Satan boy.
Speaker 3: That's a hell of a question. I'm probably gonna have to go with the Notre Dame LEPrecon though. Yeah, you know, heritage there for me personally, so I would go with that.
Speaker 2: Would you be able to grow the beard that you're supposed to have with the life that great? Not great?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you that that might be when it comes down to like the pros and cons, I might get cut because of my horrible beard growing ability.
Speaker 2: But then the mountaineer, Yeah no either. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If I could be the Seaton Hall pirate in the like full stuffed head, I could do that.
Speaker 2: Well I could do that real well, you know what we should see if you could be the seat in the hall mascot for a game? Would you would you be the seat and hall mascot for a basketball game? Oh yeah, okay, hell yeah, as.
Speaker 3: Long as I don't have to like, you know, sometimes all of a sudden, the mascot they're like, you know, it's a time out and outcome the trampoline. It's like doing a flip and landing his head in the basket. I'm not doing any of that.
Speaker 7: Yes, mart Wait, dp I went in. Can I be Jonathan Husky and he could be whatever the pirate is? Would you be the Husky seat in hall against Yukon? Would you be the Husky without come on?
Speaker 2: Okay, of course, all right, PAULI can we get the iteam to see if these fine universities would be willing to let us put our guys into their mascot Calls are already being made so by somebody I don't know who will and then you guys have to fight each other and then wrestle, and then it becomes a thing half court. Yeah yeah, easily, yeah, easily. I mean we got to have this go viral. You know, it'll be on Sports Center Top ten Plays. It'll be the two mascots fighting each other. All right, let me take a break. Are the Vikings actually interested in Aaron Rodgers? I don't know. We'll find out next Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 10: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm East in two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: Why should you listen to Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 10: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 9: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 10: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 2: I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 9: So check us out. We like to get you involved too. Take your phone calls, chop it up as they say, I'd.
Speaker 10: Say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 9: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: More phone calls coming up. By the way, the SEC with fourteen teams in the tournament, that's most in tournament history. The previous mark was set by the Big East with eleven in twenty eleven. You know, you start to look at these records now. Once again, this is from the outside looking in that Texas is nineteen and fifteen, tied for the most losses by an at large team in NCAA tournament history. I know you're playing against the great schedule. Texas and Oklahoma were six and twelve in Big in SEC conference play, the worst conference records to ever make the tournament.
Speaker 3: Whoo, how stead of a day, stall of a day, stead of a day, stataa day.
Speaker 10: This is the stule of the day.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Panini America the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. But once again, that tells you just how strong the sec was that you were just trying to survive, and the fact that fourteen teams made it that is surpassing the previous high by three. Jeremy Fowler, the Mothership senior national NFL writer, joining us on the program. So let me start with the Bengals last night. Jeremy, your reaction to the Bengals signing those guys and what that means for the rest of this team on the other side of the ball.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Dan, So this had been trending this way because Friday night there was some momentum that the Bengals were going to be able to reach a deal with both Jamar Chase and t Higgins, who have the same agent. So this became a bit of a package deal a couple months ago when Higgins switched agencies, and so, you know, it was interesting. The Bengals really a couple months ago were telling me that, hey, we're gonna try to sign all three of these guys, Chase, Higgins, and Trey Hendrickson. So they've somehow pulled off two of the three, even though they cost themselves millions of dollars waiting on Jamar Chase. If they would have signed him maybe eight months ago or even six months ago, the price probably would have been twenty million dollars less. But he put together this triple crown season, so they've cost themselves a lot. Now they have Burrow, Chase, higgin On really well over one hundred million dollars per year and just cash they're going to have to pay these guys, which makes it infinitely harder to get Trey Hendrickson done. Even though they're not over the eager to trade him, they really haven't engaged a lot in teams that have interest, and so they're trying to get this done too. I don't know how they're gonna pull it off, especially with a team that is not really known for this spending at this kind of clip, but they are determined to just around Joe Burrow what they can. And meanwhile, their defense has like minimal parts because they have to somehow draft and develop some guys on the cheap.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: But I'm just trying to understand these owners are smart enough to make a billion or two to be able to buy these teams. I just don't understand why you don't. If you know you're going to keep Jamar Chase, then sign sign him when you can. You know the Cowboys do this. There's certain teams that you just go, why are they waiting? Now? Maybe there's some math involved in this, and I'm not smart enough to understand it, but if you know you're them, then what are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's a valid argument. You're seeing it right now. I mean just an hour ago, Derek Stingley, junior top cornerback for the Texans, signs for three years ninety million dollars, which is sticker shock for that position. But he's only three years into a first round pick deal, so they already had him for two years of contractual control.
Speaker 1: You do it.
Speaker 11: Now to be able to spread that money out over five years instead of like four, so that helps them to do it early. Buffalo is known for that, Like they've been really aggressive with all their veteran players this offseason to try to get it done. Whatever the price is now, it's only going to go up, so I think teams are more trying to inherit that logic. The Philadelphia Eagles have mastered that. They're really aggressive. But look some teams they either don't want to pay it, or in some cases, they feel like what the agent and the player are trying to get is sort of untenable or something they're not comfortable with. I think that happens a lot. And look, Dallas, I don't know they'll ever say this, but the fact that they have waited on some of these it's good for entertainment, keep them in the news. We talk about Dallas every day, like Dak Prescott and Ceedee Lamb. There has to be a cost, well, there has to be a benefit for them associated with waiting six months till late August early September, even though I think it was two to tango type situation. That wasn't all on the team in that case. But it's good for business, and Dallas knows that.
Speaker 2: I remember when Dan Rolovsky was on the show and he said, you know, I don't think Jerry Jones really cares about winning as much as keeping his name his team in the news. Like do you It's hard to fathom that for a guy who seems desperate to win one more Super Bowl, But do you think that's first and foremost, that's the game plan? Is We love when you talk about the Cowboys. It's good for business.
Speaker 11: I think it's both. Both can be true. You can handle all that and still try to win. I was looking at my list because before free agency I did predict that Dallas would maybe be a little more aggressive than they were last year. That people thought, like there's assumption that they're really cheap and all this stuff, you know, But they signed like up to seven starters last week, not a huge money, more role players, but like they filled voids of what could be seven of their twenty two starters. Like that's pretty I wouldn't call it aggressive, but that's like, you know, AMDA shopping, So that's something I mean, it's they're not just out here trying to put on a bad product. Like they draft pretty well and they don't want to overpay for guys, you know. It's it's one of those things where they have pay their stars, like they paid Dak Prescott, they paid CD Lamb. They do have a penchant for doing that. They just do it uncomfortably and sort of wait. But you know, Micah Parsons will get paid, like unless something goes really haywire over the next four months, he will be paid to be a Dallas cowboy and he'll be paid handsomely.
Speaker 2: Did the Seahawks have a good week, good couple of weeks here I'm trying to gauge. Yeah, I mean, what do you think.
Speaker 11: If you feel like Sam Darnald is comparable or like maybe eighty percent of the player Gino Smith is, then yes, they had a really good week. Dk Metckkev didn't want to be there. Gino Smith didn't want to be there, based mostly on the contract. I mean, they were whispers last year of him being really frustrated that they wouldn't redo his deal. And I just think Seattle they showed it with Russell Wilson too, like they just don't feel like paying quarterbacks these crazy numbers. Like they're taking a stand a little bit and saying like we're just not going to do that. They were always hesitant to do it with Russell Wilson. It got ugly. It got ugly with Gino Smith, like they just they want to build the roster different ways. You know you're going to see the forty nine ers. They've scaled back a bunch of salaries in part because they have to pay Rock Purty a massive number. Seattle's saying no and I kind of respect that Minnesota is saying no. They said no to Kirk Cousins last year, So there are different ways to build a roster. I think because of that. Like, really with Sam Darnold, it's you're getting him for probably ten million dollars a year less and the Raiders are going to have to pay, you know, Smith, and you got a third round pick for flipping him in a trade. If you like Sam Darnold lot, that's good value. Like they had a good week. You know Cooper Cup he's thirty one, some injuries, but like he can still play. You know, Dk Metcalf. You never want to trade a guy that talent, but they get a Sagrad round pick for me. He didn't want to be there and they didn't want to pay him. Like so if you're Seattle and you say, okay, we don't want to allocate these massive resources to these players. They did about the best they could. But now they have question marks with a team that already had them.
Speaker 2: That's sort of the issue. Help me understand what the Vikings are doing. And I don't know if they need to say if they've gotten to that point, we're not interested in Aaron Rodgers like they could do that and you know, put an end to this. Yeah, but they haven't.
Speaker 4: Out the fire.
Speaker 11: You're right, and it's it's curious, and I'm trying to find out what that means. The people I've talked to with the organization have been pretty consistent with their message with me. It's that Aaron Rodgers is possible but unlikely. That's sort of the messaging that I've gotten. So that's what I'm taking. So I'm leaving room for a wild card, something crazy to happen with Rogers. I don't expect it. I think they're ready to roll with JJ McCarthy. I think it's very possible. They're waiting on some of these dominoes to fall and figure out how much money they need to spend on a good backup so that it doesn't mess up their comp pick formula because they want future draft picks. You know, if you spend a certain amount of free agency without losing enough players and that balance is off, you don't get as many draft picks. So that's a consideration for them, so that they're trying to play the long game a little bit in the smart game and not overreact here because they spend a lot of money in other positions last week, but all their moves, especially with like two big offensive line signings, says, we're all in on JJ McCarthy and his development for what they've told me, like he has already proven he is going to be their franchise guy. It just depends on whether it happens today, four months from today, twelve months from today. But they're convinced that, and so they're just only willing to go so far. I'd be surprised if Rogers is there. I still think he'll be, you know, if I had to bet right now at Pittsburgh Steeler. Meanwhile, the Giants are just sort of like scouring the earth for quarterback help, Like they're still having Jamis Winston come in for a visit, Joe Flacco and Russell Wilson was there last week, Like they're keeping all their options open with the hopes that they can still get Rogers.
Speaker 2: Let's Pittsburgh's plan be.
Speaker 11: That's a great question. So, like, look that last week or a week and a half ago, they put together an offer for Justin Fields that I was told was very competitive with what the Jets offered him, which was two years, forty million, with thirty million guaranteed. Something went off where he chose the Jets, and he must have felt the love more from the Jets than he did the Steelers, who essentially benched him last year for Russell Wilson. So he gets a fresh start. I do believe they were all in on fields. I don't know if they had fields ahead of Rogers, but they were willing to do fields like both sides at one point where ohto it. It didn't work, and so now you know. I just checked with the Steelers. They don't have any updates. They're waiting on the situation. They're not bringing any other quarterbacks in for visits that I'm aware of, so they're not playing the Giants game. They're waiting on Rogers. They have Mason Rudolph as a backup. Well, they signed him just sort of his insurance last year two years, eight million dollars because he started games there before. Like if they at least know if the bottom falls out, they have him and can draft somebody, I think that would probably be the play. At this point. They know Russell Wilson. Well, I don't sense a lot of momentum with Pittsburgh and Russell Wilson at this point, and plus you're going back to what your third option. Now, Hey, you started games us last year, but now you're at number three. Let's make this work. It just doesn't seem like a even marriage.
Speaker 2: Damn. And then the Giants have to wait for everybody, right, yeah, yeah, the Giants.
Speaker 11: You know, I do know that Russell Wilson has looked at the Giants as a viable option for a while now, even da back to the Super Bowl or around the end of the season, so he must have seen some of those dominoes coming. So I do think that will eventually be the play if the money's right. You know, I think he still accept himself as a valuable starter and that cost money. I'm curious how far teams are willing to go just because of the musical chairs. He's played the last three years with different organizations at quarterback, so you know, he's got a cap where you have to work it out financially, and these teams will probably probably be looking more for like a lower end bridge deal, And I don't know if he's going to accept that at this stage, given all that he's done and all the Pro Bowls that he's made and the Super Bowl pedigree, so that complicates things a little bit. But my sense is, you know, if, certainly, if Rogers goes to Pittsburgh, Russell Wilson slides right into that giant spot unless things get crazy.
Speaker 2: But can you see the Giants taking Shador Sanders? Could you see the Giants actually try I don't know if Tennessee's going to actually take cam Ward. They sound like they are, but I don't believe anything until it happens. But can you see the Giants being a restive with either one of these quarterbacks?
Speaker 11: Yes, and even coming even before the Aaron Rodgers talk when they were going for Matthew Stafford, like they spend a month on trying to get Matthew Stafford and put together big financial packages and they were sort of left at the altar. But the sense coming out of the combine was if they strike out on Stafford, they're going to go draft. They're going to go heavy there with that third pick, maybe try to trade up. I still think that's a possibility if you get Rogers or even Wilson to a lesser extent like that at least frees you up to not have to do that. If you don't want to give up too much, but some of that was predicated on Tennessee wanting to move back. It does seem like now again, a lot can happen with the draft. I won't make sweeping determinations, but from what I've gathered, they seem pretty comfortable with cam Ward, like there's some momentum there with other teams I've talked to league wide that they feel like they're just going to sit there and take Ward. I know the interviews of the Ward have gone well. They feel comfortable with like the mistakes he has made on the field, they feel like he's done a good job of explaining those and can be coached and correct them. And he's got the obvious upside on top of that. So if you equal all that out, you know, you send a little momentum for the Titans to sit put. That could complicate things for the Giants. If they're comfortable with Chador at three or even moving up to two, is that too rich for them? I think they're weighing all those things. But in the short term, they've got to figure this out and at least get a solution bird in hand with a veteran free agent.
Speaker 2: But can you see the Browns taking Shador Sanders.
Speaker 11: So the Browns have been probably the most unpredictable in all this, Like they don't have a lot of money to spend. I do think Cousins Kirk Cousins could be in play for them because of the familiarity with Kevin Stefanski, but there's not.
Speaker 2: Atlanta really is.
Speaker 11: Just they don't want to move them, and then if they do move them, they're gonna want somebody to pay a good amount of that offset money with the thirty seven million dollars they owe them. So that complicates things for the Browns because they're Panda Shaun Watson. They're looking at guys like Carson Wentz too as sort of contingency plans. So they've been all over the map really. You know, they acquired Kenny Pickett last week, so they've been tough to figure out a little bit.
Speaker 2: I do know that they like.
Speaker 11: Shador to what extent if they're willing to pick them two overall, I cannot say. I do know there's some love there for Shador Sanders and sort of his computer brain to be able to, you know, feel out the game mentally, Like they have some respect for what shoudor can do in that area, maybe more than some teams.
Speaker 2: Great stuff, Jeremy, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 11: Yeah, thanks again, Dan, appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: Jeremy Fallon, ESPN senior national NFL writer. I had a source tell me NFL scout who says, if I'm a GM, what I look at with Shador Sanders is something I would be attracted to. He's not afraid of the spotlight. He's been in the spotlight. He was a really good quarterback for two different schools, made them both competitive. Coloradoo had won one game before that. He gets there. Does he hold on the ball a little too long? Yes? Does he take too many sacks? Yes? I mean there's there's negatives with all these guys, but he brought up something that I hadn't heard before, and that is he goes to the spotlight. He's not afraid of the spotlight, and at that position, especially in New York, those are positives to me. You can say he's arrogant or whatever. I don't know what that team was that said, or the coach said that maybe he didn't want to go there. Maybe it was Cleveland. I don't know. Joe Burrow, if you're around Joe Burrow. He is cocky at LSU. He was cocky now as he backed it up absolutely Shador Sanders is not Joe Burrow. But I think the and I've called it a smear campaign. I don't know where it came from. I don't know how long it lasts, but I can only tell you what I've gleaned from a conversation with a source whose job is assessing talent and said that would not scare me in the least. I want a quarterback who's not afraid. You've got to answer questions. You've got to be a leader. Don't be afraid and should or Sanders certainly doesn't seem afraid of the spotlight. Well, take a break. We will give you our best and worst of the weekend right after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We will check in with the Pittsburgh Steelers coming up next hour. Whatever happened to the artist formerly known as the Phoenix Suns when they were a thing or the potential to be a thing. I'm watching them play the Lakers. They're non threatening they're thirty one and thirty seven and they're not even interesting, which is amazing to have Booker and Durant on that team. I never would have brought in Bradley Beal, as I've said, if Bradley Beal was shooting hoops out here in the man Cave, I might go out there and say, but I mean, no offense. You're not gonna go see Bradley Beal. Nothing exciting there. Gonna have a good career, a financially great career. But Durans not could be there next year. Like Devin, Booker was one of those great breakout stars, didn't even start at Kentucky and then he becomes one of the great scores. You know what, it's one of those damn Kardashians that brought him down. I think he dated Kendall. I think whoah, yeah, not the Kardashian curse. Yes, Now, Tristan Thompson wasn't good enough to be affected by the Kardashian curse, right, I think.
Speaker 3: He actually caused them more problems.
Speaker 2: You know, Kanye, did Kim bring Kanye down? Or did Kanye bring Kanye down?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: I think it made a Kanye thing by himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's pretty good at that. He is pretty good at that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The partners are relevant when he comes to Kanye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they're interchangeable. Yeah, what are you willing to not wear in public?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: I love you, let's get married. Yeah. But the Suns I'm watching and it was like they were just the other team. And Paulie always goes, why do you do this to yourself? I don't know. I just I felt like, you know what, let me check in on this. How's d book doing? As the kids like to say. Oh yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 3: When I text you and I say what's you doing?
Speaker 5: And you say watching the Raptors, I want to call for an intervention.
Speaker 2: I'm considering. I was watching a documentary on the musician singer songwriter Tom Waits and it was fascinating. But it's probably not going to be in anybody's wheelhouse here. Is there anything that somebody's watching because the audience always wants to know what are you watching or what are you listening to? Marvin, you were watching something on Kobe Bryant.
Speaker 7: Yes, I was watching Kobe The Making of a Legend. It's a three part series. It's on Max right now. Okay, so it goes into his childhood in Italy and him coming over to the States in Philadelphia and then everything that went into making him the Black Mamba.
Speaker 2: But he also talks about he had to learn the language, like the slang, the slang in the United States.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was on a podcast I forget which one, maybe in All the Smoke, and he goes when I came to Americas when I was thirteen, and people say what's up?
Speaker 4: And he would look up in the air. He's like, those are one of those things that would just get me.
Speaker 2: That's so great. What's up? I don't know, God, I'm watching White Lotus, I'm watching Reacher. I mean I watched a movie with what's his name, Jay Justin hart heart No no this well, no, this is a a former heart throb. No no, no, he moved to London to get away from all the media. Oh well he's he plays some slasher who takes his daughter to see a concert. Oh yeah, uh Josh Josh Hartner, Josh hart Y. Yeah, terrible movie. Yeah, that's a m night. Shyamalan, terrible night.
Speaker 6: Shyamalan really just knocked it out of the park with the sixth has.
Speaker 2: Been Uh, Okay, I'm watching that movie and then I fast forward because I can't stay on anything for more than fifteen minutes. It's terrible. I get I'm watching going, you know. He goes and convinces somebody who's related to the singer who's probably supposed to be Dua Lipa to get you know that she's you know, battling an ill or something, and then she gets on stage to be able to dance while while she's on stage, and then he gets to go and do whatever he's going to kill people in the concert. If terrible, terrible.
Speaker 5: Yes, I just finished season one of a show called Paradise. The actor Sterling K. Brown, James Marsden, and some others. He's really good. I'm gonna give it a full reco Okay, first episode has a huge curveball.
Speaker 2: At the end. Stay with it. So Paradise, Paradise. You show Paradise Hulu. I think, right, Dylan, you got anything that you're watching.
Speaker 6: I actually watched the first two episodes of Paradise and it's good. It definitely it takes its tur and I was not expecting, but.
Speaker 2: So far, so good, seating you got anything?
Speaker 3: I just watched that movie Nusferatu. Okay, yeah, yeah, I was really looking forward to that and maybe not.
Speaker 2: I tried to watch the The Rape Finds was it Covenant? Oh yeah, yeah with the Bishops. Yeah. I tried, but it reminded me of my childhood and way too much church. I'm like, no, no, no, I don't want to do this. Yes.
Speaker 3: I just watched about fifteen minutes of the first episode of The New Yellowstone or whatever with Helen Mirren and Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford, yeah, yeah, which is like I could watch shows like that. I don't really care about the story all that much. I kind of just like the scenery. Yeah, you know, which I like, it's a little weird, but like, I could just watch that. But there were parts of it at some point I just turned it off because I was like, oh my god, look at Harrison Ford pretended to be a cowboy walking down the street. This is hilarious. I just couldn't remove myself, like seeing he always has that sort of like bewildered and amused face kind of thing, and he's on a horse going down looking at this city or town or whatever.
Speaker 2: And nearly and I've been watching Stanley Tucci in Italy Oh, oh, I love that. That's great. Great, he was in Bologna. I'm gonna move to Bologna.
Speaker 3: Getting all this food. Yeah, the people. That's great, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 4: Also the sly Stone documentary.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, I gotta watch that.
Speaker 4: Very good.
Speaker 2: Yes. Actually I had been calling for that, and then all of a sudden, Questlove does the documentary I look forward to? I had been I'd be like, somebody needs to do a documentary on sly and the family Stone. He was Prince before Prince Final Hour. We'll check in with the Pittsburgh Steelers. More of your phone calls as well,