Speaker 1: So I want to say hello to all of you. And I've never had a housewife on until Jill Zarin and I did that because there was a it was just a reuniting, and it was for a very specific reason. But my show is not typically about housewives. And the guest that's here today I have been thinking about having on this podcast probably since the beginning. I keep saying to myself, I want to do this? Should I do this? Is this right? And it's not that I don't think she'd be great for the show. It's that I only want to have someone on if there's something really to discuss, if there's just if it's coming out of me. So today our guest is Needy Leaks.
Speaker 2: Oh do I hear a round of an applause?
Speaker 1: Here? Girl, you are here? I'm so We're in Connecticut.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are.
Speaker 1: You and I talked a couple of times. You sounded very different than I've ever heard you. And the first thing I wanted to say, just overall, is are you okay?
Speaker 2: I'm better? How about that I'm better? There was a time when I wasn't okay, but I am better now, and I know that I'm gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: So you're in a transitional state, so I think.
Speaker 2: So I'm in my head a lot. I don't even know if you know that. Maybe sometimes I'm like really in my head. I've never been an overthinker, and now I have become an overthinker. I know, you know, I'm overthinking everything. I'm in a place in my life where I kind of like don't trust nobody, Like I never wanted to be that person ever, ever, ever in my life, and so now I'm like looking at everybody like, okay, so what they're trying to do, So, what they're trying to say, trying to sit me up, you know, so, and I hate that kind of thing. But I'm okay, I really am.
Speaker 1: It's coming through because we spoke a couple of times this week and we're going to get into everything. But as far as have this happened, I have thought about doing something with you, as you know, because I've called you and asked you to do things, and we'll get into it. But I've always been intrigued by you. I've always thought you were a superstar. I've always thought you were wildly entertaining, talented, a powerful force, and I've always called you the goat. I've always said you should be at the top of Rushmore. You were my first amount Rushmore, and I don't give that many people credit. And I feel like I'm always interesting and I feel like I've always given you credit. And as I thought about having you on many times, it was just like I would have just been having you on to have you on as a great guest. But something just sort of came to be recently and it was just you've commented I'm posted post of mine and vice versa, but I posted something recently you commented. I commented back because I sort of felt like you needed an Internet hug. I can't explain it. I had like an energy about like you needed to be included in something where you gave me. You gave me a high five, you said cheers to you, and I was like, cheers to us effectively, and I just found it and I loved I just and I felt like you needed an Internet hug. And then I just said to my producers, now it's time, because I've told them a million times calling you don't call me to collneiny call. So this week I said, I'm positive, and I'm positive. And then I've been texting you, and then you called me, and then I really started to realize what an actually good idea. This was better than I even thought because I heard you fragile. I heard you a little fraid. I did say to you, you are in your own head, and I think you don't even know how people perceive you. You're skewed, and I felt that you are having a lack of trust, like you just everything you just said it was coming through. And then we spoke. I spoke to someone from your team and a friend, and you know, I was. I was absolutely I said to my team, we should have this happen soon. She wants to do it soon, and she may cancel. She may cancel because I think she's very back and forth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was. I'm back and forth. I'm back and forth. That's all I can tell you. You know, one day I'm really good, the next day I'm not good, the next day I'm okay. I'm just kind of back and forth. And so when I saw your post on on Instagram, I honestly felt like, Okay, may I be really honest? Yeah, I honestly felt.
Speaker 1: Like, by the way, completely honest today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I honestly felt like Okay, So you know, my heart wanted to say a win is a win, and.
Speaker 1: It was about this was about a post that Bravo is now implementing better workplace conditions control cocktail consumption. And it was sort of either a leaked or a found letter from the Highers up and it was a big win overall, even though it wasn't even the tip of the iceberg. It was basically an emission that the shit had been really had gone sighways, and the reality reckoning was real, and Nini Combent did and say again, I.
Speaker 2: Started feeling like in that moment, I felt like that happened really fast. That's how I felt when I saw it, Like you know, they heard her like it was shocking to me. That's how I know.
Speaker 1: And you've alluded to it in some of your interviews, and I know that, and we're going to get into all that because I know that you've had a different experience, some different issues, but we're both on the same side of this, and so I know that it took you a lot to say to me, and I knew that it was a little it was it was completely authentic, but it was wrapped in a message. Oh they heard you for me to be like and they didn't hear you. But that's why I said to you they heard us, because I wanted to sort of wrap this into it, not leave you alone.
Speaker 2: I do believe that a win is a win. I do believe that, right, Okay, So that's why I say a win is a win. It doesn't matter you know who slammed dunk, as long as we get the job done right right, because at the end of the day, we're on the same team and we have some of the same message. So your voice was heard my as well, wasn't It doesn't matter yours was heard.
Speaker 1: Well, yours is heard now. And I recognize coming into this interview and at all times, you're going to have a different experience in the world and in entertainment and in reality TV than I am. And you're a black woman and only you can speak to that. I cannot speak to that. So I was thinking too, like, I know Nani, and I know Nini, and I've told people, but I don't really know. I don't really know you. I don't know how you grew up. I don't know your relationship history, your family. I don't know if you grew up poor I know that I've watched the storylines and someone else raised you. Can you just tell us a little bit about your upbringing, like really, how you came into adulthood.
Speaker 2: Okay, So my mom had my brother at eighteen and me at nineteen, so she was very young having us. My mom is from Athens, Georgia, which is right outside of Atlanta, Georgia. And after giving birth to us, well, my brother, she gave birth to in Georgia, and then she moved away to New York City Queen's New York City and Cambria Heights, and she gave birth to me, which I was born in Jamaica Queen's Hospital in New York City. Oh and yeah, in New York City. And so my mom's family, her roots are in Athens, Georgia, which is right outside of Atlanta. That's where her siblings were. Because my mom was so young, my aunt, who is her older sister, always said to me that she said, to my mom, you're leaving those kids everywhere and with everybody, why don't you bring them down to me? And she took me and my brother to her oldest sister and that's where our lives changed. My aunt, she only had one daughter, and she couldn't have any more children after that, so she became my mom, her husband became me and my brother's mom and dad. She essentially adopt us, you know, down the road. But we always had a relationship with our mom. I was one of those kids that I grew up in Athens, Georgia, but I went back and forth to New York every senile summer. I would catch greyhound bus. It would come through Athens. We would get on the bus, pack all of our things and head off to Queens, New York City and be with my mom for the summer, and then she send us back to Georgia right before school gets ready to start. So I always had a relationship with my mom. I wouldn't say my relationship was always great with my mom, because after that, my mom ended up getting her life together, getting married. She had a great husband who provided greatly for her. She had three more children with him afterwards, and I always felt like she never came back and got us and I when I was like in middle school in high school, like I really wanted my mom. I honestly can't really explain it other than I just really wanted my mom. It wasn't anything that my aunt wasn't doing for us. She provided, you know, as best she could for us. She gave us a great upbringing. But I just wanted my mom. I wanted to be with my mom. So I grew up with my mom's oldest sister and her husband. I did not have my mom and dad in my life on the everyday.
Speaker 1: Basis, So you felt left behind.
Speaker 2: I did because my mom would come and visit with her children, and I always felt like, Okay, so my mom is here with her kids and she's getting them dressed and making sure their hair is great. And it was almost like I was invisible, like I was not you know, her other daughter, like, you know, girl, you're gonna call my hair too? Right?
Speaker 1: Well, if you had, if she had gone on to live a selfish life with no kids, that would be slightly easier, but to go and then some other kids are living the life that you didn't have, right, And also that type of stuff is embarrassing in high school. You have to make explanations. Is that your mom? Well, it's kind of my mom, it's my hand. You have to feel self conscious.
Speaker 2: And then that would be pierced when I didn't see my mom for like a whole year, a year and a half. You know, I didn't see my mom. I was like, oh my god, stay up and see my mom. But you know, even when I got to my teen years where you know, you want to day boys or uh, my mom's sister was older, and I felt like my mom was younger, so she knew more hip things.
Speaker 1: You know, oh you were like aunt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was with my auntie ye. And so my mom she knew more, you know, she was younger, yeah, cooler, And I felt like, you know, I wanted her to like make me cool, you know, like make my hair look young or whatever it is, instead of my little sisters with their hair all done cute and I'm over here with my aunts. You know, I felt like you didn't fit in right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And but as I got older, I got over the relationship that me and my mom had got over as in I wasn't holding any more grudges. I understood that she was young when she gave birth to us. My life with my aunt was my I was married to an alcoholic. He was, when I said an alcoholic, like extreme alcoholic, like he would be drunk and falling down. And he's gotten many DUI's and he would curse her out and really belitter her when he was drunk. And U. I was with my aunt since I was about four years.
Speaker 1: Old, so you witnessed all that at that age growing.
Speaker 2: Up, es I witnessed everything growing up. He was a great guy, though he wasn't abusive to us. I never saw him hit her, but he was verbally abusive. He taught me how to drive him and my brother. He was a quiet man. The only time he really talked is when he was drinking. If he wasn't drinking, he was pretty quiet. So looking back, being an adult now I know he was the kind of man who probably held a lot of things in and drinking helped him to say all the things he probably wanted to say and hadn't said. But my uncle worked in the grocery store and my aunt was a cook and a seamstress. She later on had like an alteration shop, and she was the lady in Athens, Georgia that did all the weddings, like all the bridemaids dresses, and anybody that wanted curtains done. She could sew everybody's curtains and so she had a nice small home. But we had a good life.
Speaker 1: And was this middle class would I would say it was middle class. You now, as a woman, do you recognize how amazing that they took you in like that?
Speaker 2: I do. Younger, I could not appreciate it, But now that I'm older, I do. I do. She gave me a lot of great advice to and she died maybe like a year before my husband passed. So she lived until she was ninety two years old and she's only been dead about three and a half.
Speaker 1: Years, so that was tremendous year.
Speaker 2: And she raised not only me and my brother, she had a granddaughter and a great grandkid. She raised it well as well. So she was one of those ladies who raised all the kids in the family.
Speaker 1: Were you popular? I was popular, You were popular.
Speaker 2: I was in So she made us do every activity in the world, like we were tired of activities. I mean, I was a girl scout, I was a brownie. I was in a four age club. I played basketball, I was a cheerleader. I was in modeling school. I had to go to college. Like she was like that lady.
Speaker 1: So you but you weren't insecure in that way, like you felt like okay, and what about relationship history before Greg. Were you attracted to good men?
Speaker 2: Did you?
Speaker 1: I know you've talked about abusive I don't know who that was with.
Speaker 2: I do feel like my uncle, who was my father raising me. I think that I was in a way attracted to men that were abusive because I had dealt with a My upbringing had some abuse in it, but I didn't recognize that until I was in those relationships. So I've always been in really long relationships. I am a relationship person. I really like relationships. I don't like really being single. I'm not a girl that would really be out like dating. And I also think that I'm not attracted to a lot of men. I love men, but I always feel like it's like a special some kind of guy. It's not like some girls they're like, oh I like him him, and I don't like it has to be like a special guy for me. I don't know what that is. But every man I see, I'm not attracted to them.
Speaker 1: And I know that because I know you broke up with Greg very publicly, and it was so shocking that you got back together because it was so public.
Speaker 2: But I got to tell you. See, I dated in high school. I had a boyfriend. My aunt was very strict, so she told me I couldn't date until I was sixteen, and then when I turned sixteen, she told me I was too childish, so I couldn't date at sixteen. About seventeen, almost seventeen, she let me start dating. I had a boyfriend all the way through high school. Then when I went off to college. I went to college in Atlanta, Georgia, so I've been there since I was eighteen. I went to Mars Brown College in the Au Center where they have Clark Spelman Moorhouse. Everybody knows all of those schools, and so I got a boyfriend right as I got on campus, and I started dating him for a short time. And then I met my oldest son father. He had come to my campus. That's who I had my son with, my first child with. I met him in college and he has the grand yes he does, and so he was abusive. So he was really my first real boyfriend. I didn't have sex until I was a freshman in college. Yeah, I wanted to have sex, you know, prior to that, but of course I couldn't. My aunt was saying I was really mature, and I was saying, like all the girls and in my neighborhood were using birth control and it was kind of like a public thing. They would go to the neighborhood like but yeah, the planned parent call it a clinic, you know. And and I was like, oh my gosh, like I felt pressure like everybody is, you know, taking amer control pills. It was like a little round pack and he used to turn it pressed appell and I was like, I don't even have any boobs, you know. It was like late developing. Yes, my son's father.
Speaker 1: But multiple times you were in a relationship with him, yes, I.
Speaker 2: Was about six years six seven years.
Speaker 1: Okay, And is your relationship good with your son?
Speaker 2: With my son?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And I have a relationship with him now his father really Yes, he was abusive to me.
Speaker 1: Does he acknowledge that.
Speaker 2: I don't know that he would ever acknowledge that. It's just not disgusted, but he knows that I acknowledge it. You know what I'm saying, because I was like, this is real, and you did what you did? You know what I mean? But after that relationship, I will tell you this is how I met Greg. I was so I was really bad abusive relationship. I didn't even want to go into how bad he was to me. Once I finally got away from him, I said, I'm never dating another guy. If you even just talk mean to me, like just say something mean to me, then I was gonna be out. So every guy I talked to and if they were like you and I'm like, okay, that's it, you're talking. Yeah, I was out. And so when I met Greg, I never dated an older man before. I always date the guys that were my age, and when I met Greg, I was like, he's not my type. I don't think. So he asked me to go on a date. I thought when he picked me up, he opened up the doors and he gave me roses and chocl that I thought that was corny. Yeah, And I was like, what is going on and why did he pull up here in this car like that? You know, I'm not recognizing the gentleman and him and that is the way a lady should be treated. I just thought that, you know, he was like too old school for me.
Speaker 1: It's what I thought, Well, you probably didn't have the self worth to that someone could just love you and be good to you.
Speaker 2: No, And I remember the first day we went to we went it was during the Olympics that Bennie Hannah's in Atlanta. Okay, they were fairly new. It was super crowded, and when we got there, they said that there would be a weight and that he and I could sit at the bar. And he said, well, it's gonna be a wait and we could sit at the bar. And I was like, okay, and I'm thinking of I said, Lord, have mercy. They said it's gonna be a wait, and I got to sit here and talk to this man. This is crazy. And so I get at the bar and I sit and no, Lie, we had a drink and we were just chatty chatty, chatty, chatty chatty. They finally called us for our table. And you know how Bennie hannahs, you sit with all these people when they do this littlebachi, the little habachi thing in front of you, right, And I didn't know what to order, and he said, I'll order for you, and he did and we had the best freaking day. We talked the whole time. I remember leaving out of Bennie Hannah saying that was a nice day.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: I always credit Greg for teaching me how to eat dessert. I never went to a restaurant and they said, would you like to see the dessert menu? And we would always say no, thank you dessert men. And he was like, yes, let's to get the dessert because.
Speaker 1: You wanted to spend more time with you you want to spend.
Speaker 2: But he always was a dessert guy.
Speaker 1: I'm a dessert person.
Speaker 2: So we had a dessert. I remember getting back in the car thinking that was a great day. How old were you I met Greg? I was twenty eight and how old was he? I know he was like forty one.
Speaker 1: Oh, so it is a different thirteen okay, it was thirteen years different. And then we were off to the races or no.
Speaker 2: We were not off to the races. He said to me the next day, he said, would you like to go out to lunch? And I was like, okay, sure, And I was just thinking I was going out to eat, like I just want to go eat all the time, right, And he said to me one day at lunch, he said, you know, girl, one day, you're gonna be my wife. And I said it is not possible, sir, like I will never be your wife. Okay, let's be clear, and he was like, you gotta marry you one day, girl, was.
Speaker 1: Was he the love your life?
Speaker 2: He was the love of my life. Like I tell everybody this, I don't know that I will ever experience this type of love ever again in my life. I think I have experienced the ultimate love, and I don't think that you experienced that, but once in a lifetime. I don't think there's anybody else out here for me. I did not like Greg. In fact, I thought he had all nice shoes. I did not like his pants. I did not like anything. Honestly, when I tell you, that man charmed me. He told me like knowing him, like two weeks in he said, you remind me of my mom, and you're gonna be my wife one day.
Speaker 1: And like, wow, that is beautiful.
Speaker 2: I said, there's no fucking way he has lost his mind. I'm not gonna be his wife.
Speaker 1: And sure enough you were.
Speaker 2: And I was six months into dating and we got engaged. Really six months one year after dating, we were married.
Speaker 1: I was thinking today and the many thoughts I've had about you. What would he have told you if you asked him if you should do this today? That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: You know, I believe that Greg would have been probably fifty to fifty ft I know him, he would And the reason why I say that is because he will be thinking to hisself. Greg likes to keep the peace. I don't know if there's gonna be a problem, what's gonna happen. If he knew everything that was happening right now today around me, he probably would be fifty to fifty. He probably would be like, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: And maybe that's difficult for you that he was your sounding board and you're gonna do all this alone. The biggest thing that's ever really happened.
Speaker 2: Is I've needed him so much since he's been gone.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, Like, this is some big shit. You're dealing with big girl shit, and we're older now and we're thinking, we're reflecting on our lives and what the meaning is and you've been through it, okay, So.
Speaker 2: You know what I would tell him right now is I would always laugh at him because he always wore glasses and he would be squenching hisself. One of these days, you're gonna be squenching your eyes like that too, and you're gonna need some glasses too. And I have to say, Greg, I think I need a glass. The day is here already, the day is here. I'm starting to squint.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't remember how you and I first met. I remember one time being in Atlanta, on us having dinner. I remember us doing a whole plane ride together, presumably from Atlanta, and I remember a couple of things you said to me, which will be interesting, and I then I haven't spent that much time with you. I've always just admired you from afar. On the plane, you said to me that you can only ever oh sorry. And the third time I saw you, you came to an event that I was doing with two of your girlfriends, and you said to me, and you were the new girl in town. You were in the new show in town. This is crazy, you guys. I was on the New York Housewives. Atlanta and Jersey came later. We thought, oh my god, what a dumb idea. You know, there were new people coming in. We were probably wanting to, you know, be protective over it, and we didn't understand it. And Jersey came in, and Atlanta was coming in, and Nini came. I invited her. I don't know why or how we knew each other, but she came to an event of mine, a cocktail event. She brought two girlfriends and she said, I have to leave them here with you because I have to go be Andy's date for a party. Because she was the new shiny toy. You were the new popular girl. We were ready. I was, I had dust on me. So you left your friends with me at a party?
Speaker 2: You know right? No, I went to Anderson Cooper's house.
Speaker 1: Oh, you were the new shiny toy. I was. You left me with your friends. I took your friend. How funny is it? I took your friends to three places. One was a hamp one was a Gotham magazine party, and Beyonce performed for like two hundred people. They thought I was the coolest person they ever met. I didn't even know she was gonna perport, but I took them Beyonce. It gets on stage, and then I take them to a club, and they will verify this. I take them to a club. We get to the front and the guy at the front won't let us in, and so we go inside to STK and I'm pissed off. We go inside and I'm like, I'm fucking pissed, and they're like, don't worry about it, We're having funny here. The music stood here, and I'm like, no, I'm pissed, and I tell now the owners of the place, and I say, you're not gonna let me dance air? And we walked back the front and I started cursing the guy out in front, and so, you're gonna fucking let us in here? And they let me and your two friends in. We go downstairs and I meet my ex husband, my daughter's father. So I wish I live well. I love my daughter, She's beautiful, but it was a challenging ten year divorce, and I wish I listened to them to stay at stk let.
Speaker 2: My daughter. We were together and I needed to go to Anderson Cooper's house and I didn't want to bring any guests with me to Anderson.
Speaker 1: You want to roll tight?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I was like, Okay, I'm gonna go and meet Andy. He's already there. And this girl meet her husband that night?
Speaker 1: Is that insane? It was the tenth of June, Yeah, because he was who was DJing?
Speaker 2: Was he DJing?
Speaker 1: Oh no? No, that was their tenth verse or you know, he was just there and I was dancing and yeah, no, So I met my ex on that night, which is insane. But then on the.
Speaker 2: Into Anderson Cooper's house, he lives in that fire fire firehouse department, and I thought it was so creative. I was like, wow, so this is how you have to get a house in New York City. You have to buy fire department. And I remember he still had the little thing in the middle of the floor, and I thought it was just beautiful and creative. Well, he loved me. It was so interesting, and Anderson Cooper loved it. Was so surprising how him and Andy became friends because Anderson loved.
Speaker 1: Me, Anderson loved you. And you have to admit that you were the favorite child at that point, right, you guys were, come, what's.
Speaker 2: That the favorite? If I had to be honest, looking back, I probably I probably thought I was the favorite. I didn't see everything that was to.
Speaker 1: Come understand, but at that time, you were definitely I think.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought I probably was thinking to myself from his favorite.
Speaker 1: I felt a little jilted, just I mean, if I didn't know, I wouldn't know. But you were just like, oh, my friends are staying here because I'm going with Andy, and I thought, oh, interesting, Like my mind just and I became the favorite at some point, and we all and I often think about that, which we're definitely getting into. But on that plane you said to me, when we were on a plane together, you said, I only can focus on one thing at a time. I can only do one thing well at a time. Do you do you feel that way anymore?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I can definitely multitest. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Does that make sense that you said that?
Speaker 2: Yes, but I can multitest. Now.
Speaker 1: I believe you. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: You have to. You have to.
Speaker 1: So am I allowed to ask about that you danced and that that came out on the show. Okay, so so explain that journey.
Speaker 2: You mean stripper?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what were you doing in work overall?
Speaker 2: I was a single mom at the time and I was trying to I had gotten away from the person I was dating that was abusing me, and I needed a job. And strip clubs are very popular in Atlanta. It's a nude state where you can be completely nude. I know a lot of states are you know, topless or whatever, but not Georgia. And all the college girls on my campus were dancing, and I thought I just looked in a paper and it said new models. Well, I used to model, so I thought, okay, well surely I can be a nude model. Let me just go and see. And it landed me inside of Cheetahs Strip Club.
Speaker 1: Is it a good one? Is it still there?
Speaker 2: That's a good one. It's not there anymore now, but it's a very good one. Actually, Cheaters is still there. It was the Gold club that wasn't there. And I walked inside and I'd never done this before. I just need to make some money. I was a single mom, and they actually to see the house mom upstairs, the house mom whatever. And when I got upstairs, she said we had to take our clothes off, and I took my clothes off, and then she said that we need to go out on the dance floor. You know, they gave us like something to go out and just let her see us dance for a few seconds. Because I know how to dance, you know how to move, but yeah, but I didn't know how to dance like you know, like being all sexy. I was like, okay, this is some new stuff. So I'm looking around at other girls and I'm learning that, you know, I need to get sexy with it, and the rest is history. I ended up being in the strip club lifestyle for probably a good three years.
Speaker 1: What was that like? Were people respectful? Did you make a lot of money?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What was I.
Speaker 2: Worked at really nice strip clubs, so you know, there's some trashy ones and there's some that are really nice, while all the girls are driving nice cars and the men are really tipping. And I worked on day shift a lot because I was a mom, a single mom, and my son would be in school during the day, so I would drive him to school, a private school. I would drive him to a private school, and then I drive my ass to the stripper.
Speaker 1: Did he know what your job was? So?
Speaker 2: He was very young?
Speaker 1: He was very young? And do you still do you ever run into anyone? Do you speak to anyone you worked with?
Speaker 2: I have run into a couple of girls that I danced with in the past. But no.
Speaker 1: And isn't it funny that if think about all the things when we were on reality TV that we didn't like, mention and because you were probably ashamed and now you.
Speaker 2: I did it later tried. I want to say.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: It was on season one or two we had Derrek Blinks as our photographer and we did these photos where we were like I can't remember what he called them, but you know, our one life and in our past life. In my past life, I was.
Speaker 1: A stripper and you came out with it. Oh you were, I do some reason. I thought it was that someone said something and you felt like you had to bring it. You brought it into.
Speaker 2: No I talked about it and did it on a whole thing. I always kind of own did because honestly, the truth is, I kind of really liked it.
Speaker 1: I've always been intrigued by it. I kind of really liked it.
Speaker 2: It's the weirdest thing, but I really did like you felt I did. And I actually could control a lot of guys too, So I kind of liked it. I did.
Speaker 1: You were in charge. You were in control.
Speaker 2: I wrote about it in my book. I think maybe around season three I wrote a memoir and I talked about my life as a stripper, like I kind of always talked about it because it taught me a lot. Honestly, it taught me a lot. I could finally, for the first time, pay my rent and my light bills, and I have to ask anybody in charge. George, I got me a new car from the Strip Club. The strip Club actually really helped me a lot.
Speaker 1: So where did you go from there? Like? What was your next job?
Speaker 2: And how did you my next job? Craziest thing is I had met my husband, met Greg. I had started working for Lang Coomb Cosmetics inside of.
Speaker 1: Macy's doing people's makeup, no selling makeup. I'm still around, Yeah, of course like that. So they have a great Underie Concealer and.
Speaker 2: Lancomb Yeah of course. So I started working for Lank Home. I worked inside of Macy's and I kind of moved around the department store on the bottom floor doing perfumes, doing makeup. Very social, yes, And when I met my husband, my husband was the breadwinner and he kind of took me from working period.
Speaker 1: So you weren't really a career woman then, Like you weren't that driven. You were driven, but you didn't know what you were moving towards.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what I wanted to do. Now. When I got married, I knew I wanted to be an actress, right.
Speaker 1: So you did you want fame or you wanted to be an actress or they want to being together?
Speaker 2: I never thought I never thought about reality TV. I only thought about I'm an actress. It didn't really exist and I wanted to be an actress. So once I got my husband and I'm sitting at home and I don't have anything to do, I started taking acting classes in Atlanta. In Atlanta, okay, Nick KNTI, hey, how are you doing? Our acting coach? And so I took my acting class and my husband would pay for them, and I don't my husband never thought for one second that I would make it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what does that mean?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I just not. I just think he thought it was a cute little hobby you were doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that he ever thought. And I would tell him that I want to go to Hollywood one day, and I was dreaming of going to Hollywood. I love the sunset sign that I would see like pictures of I wish I could see that sign that's as sunset. And I finally years past and my husband was able to purchase me a ticket to go to Pilot season in California.
Speaker 1: But how who's representing you? How do you know what you're doing?
Speaker 2: Nobody was representing me. I was representing myself so perfect. So let me tell you what I was doing. I took headshots in Atlanta. I had a book that lists all the agents. So I was stuffing in Beloved with with my freaking headshot.
Speaker 1: And no one's But don't say somebody called you back.
Speaker 2: Nobody, you know what. I probably got one call, but nobody ever really called me back. And I learned that that was this thing called pilot season where you go out to la and all these opportunities are there where they weren't really there like that.
Speaker 1: So you have to be represented the only way. That's how I got to I went to the Church of Scientology because somebody called me back from the thing, and I ended up at the Church of Science.
Speaker 2: So I ended up learning about this agency that used extra pay you, I don't know, extra casting, and pay us twenty five dollars or something to sit. So I got a.
Speaker 1: Central Central Casting, Ye sacil cast.
Speaker 2: I became a part of Central Casting. They would send me everywhere to be an extra, and I would sit there and be like, I don't know why I'm not acting. Why are all these people like I could do that, I could do this, I could do that, I could do this. And one day I met Robbie Reid Humes. I tell everybody, Robbie Reid Humes changed my life.
Speaker 1: Who is that. Do I know her?
Speaker 2: Oh, she's a she's a female. She's a very big casting director out in Los Angeles. He's a black woman. She was casting all of the African American shows like Girlfriends, The Parkers, that was with Monique and I think her name is Countess or something, all of those shows. And she was working with Ruben Stuttard. He was another big casting director out there. And I was like, I gotta get to them, and I gotta get to them. And this is when I know that Hollywood was tricky. So I went in. I auditioned. Robbie loved me, and I auditioned for this big role for Fighting Temptations and it was gonna be Cuba Gooding Junior and beyond Fight and a lot of people in there, and she loved me for the part. They called me back and said I did not get the part. They loved me, but I didn't get it. But they had an idea for me to be guess what a.
Speaker 1: Stripper coincidentally or because they know they knew you're saying, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if they knew or not, but the role of a stripper. I was like, okay, So I ended up doing that. I did. I took it. I ended up being the little stripper really quick, a little part where Cooper was walking into some nice spot and it was me and a couple of girls on stage dancing. Man. We said something like, hey, welcome to the I mean, I don't know. And from that I needed to get You have to get under five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to get your line sag after car.
Speaker 2: That was the way they make you do a whole lot more now to get it. And I really needed to get it, and I was. I was so thankful to Robbie Read for helping me to get I had a sad card from that point on. Uh. She ended up calling me to do a part in Girlfriends and I just started doing little parts where I maybe had one line or two words in the game. But I was in the gang.
Speaker 1: And Greg had money to support you like he did.
Speaker 2: He was so Grant was doing really well for himself and I was to stay at home, young, fabulous, beautiful wife and so uh he flew me out to Los Angeles and then I will fly back and I did that probably for the next four years, and I never do any thing well kind of sort of. Yeah, I didn't get a dang thing right, I give a yeah I did. But so I got back to Atlanta and I said to myself, obviously, this is what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm a housewife. I'm not gonna waste my going back. Yeah, I got old, how old are you at this point?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I'm in my thirties. Defeated, So I was like, I'm not going to do this anymore. And the moment I got defeated, that's when I met the lady who said, guess what the real housewives are? Orange County casting director is coming to Atlanta, Georgia. And I said, orange County. I mean, this is Atlanta. Why would Orange County be coming around? And they were like, no, no, no, I mean they're looking for the cast in Atlanta, but it's gonna be something like the Orange County Housewives, but they're gonna call it the Ladies of Atlanta or something. And I said, honey, you need to send them my.
Speaker 1: Way back because you didn't care what it was. You again, send them.
Speaker 2: My way, honey, and she said, well they have to you have to live behind gates. I said, oh, honey, I live behind gates, okay, And she send the lady to me honey, and the rest was history. I was not looking for reality because I've always been a yeah. But my whole thing was I'm an actress. I want to be an actress. What are we doing?
Speaker 1: The door closed? You through the window? Yes, I had to get.
Speaker 2: Through the Let me say you something about this casting director, the lady who was doing it, and yeah, Princess Batten, let me tell you I I blew her off for probably a good two weeks. She kept calling why I didn't really I didn't really I didn't really know.
Speaker 1: You know, you didn't understand what the medium was and.
Speaker 2: I don't really know what the whole reality how that was going to be. And so she said, you know, are you gonna take this meeting or not? You know, And that's how we kind of She kind of got rough with me, like on the last phone call, and I was like, okay, girl, you can come tomorrow, and no joke.
Speaker 1: So you were one of the first ones cast on that show, for sure. You were the first one.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I was the first one.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now you enter into it, and do you think you're on something hot? You think this is gonna be a thing.
Speaker 2: No, I thought I remember all of us girls getting together. I remember, listen, I know this story like it was yesterday. I say to Princess, Princess Lee's my house, she called me before she gets out of my gate, she said, who we love you? Who are your friends? And you know, I started naming everybody. Charae wick Fields, these were your real friends. Yeah, Me and Scharay and Greg and Bob. We were all good friends. Okay, Yeah, her husband was playing in the NFL at the time, and so we would go with Charay and Bob to the game a lot. So I said, Charay would feel Kim Zosiak and Kim, Well, Kim and I lived. I lived in the neighborhood across the street from Kim at the time. We ended up living in the same neighborhood, but at this time she lived across the street, and our children, my baby boy and her daughter went to the same like little daycare in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: And she was single dating not God Big Papa, but single.
Speaker 2: Actually when I met her, she was dating a different guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you really liked her, like she was very cool.
Speaker 2: You know what. We had the same trainer at the gym too, and I was very interested in her because when I would see her at the gym, she would have a big blunt wig on. She would have a cigarette and who the fuck is on the tree with a cigarette and you know, walking on the trip and back. At this time, this jogging suit was real popular, called juicy. Yeah you remember that. She had color, yeah, bloors, she had every color. And I would be so yeah. She would walk in with jewelry and this blrd juicy couture thing on.
Speaker 1: So she was rocking that like you're not at the camera.
Speaker 2: She was just and I would be looking at her like this is an interesting white lady? Yes, And I just never get over because actually, you know, I'm a black ger. I never really saw white.
Speaker 1: Women with is it an interesting white lady?
Speaker 2: Is the white a wig on it? And I never know white I don't really see white women with wig on like that. And the the gym, the thing about it is it looked like a wig to me. So that's why I was like, Wow, this lady is really interesting. She has a wig, a juicy couture sweatsuit, a lot of jewelry. You know, she's a lot of things. You pull up in a nice cloud side and your kids are all dressed up with.
Speaker 1: Two tools and just the whole thing.
Speaker 2: This all kinds of stuff on. And I would be so interested in her that I talked to her one day and me and her kind of hit it off from talking like that, and I when the producers would come down to talk to us about this show called The Ladies of Atlanta, I said to them, I have this white lady I want to introduce you guys to and they said, no, this is going to be an all African American cast and we're not interested. And I said to them, you really need to meet this white lady. This is a different kind of white lady.
Speaker 1: Yes, and she is a different.
Speaker 2: And so they were like, they really weren't interested, and we were gonna have We were all meeting in Atlanta. They were flying down Brian Hale, Hey, Brian, Hey, Brian, it is And so I said, I want you to meet her. I'm gonna bring her to the lunch. I beg him to go to the lunch. She came to the lunch. Seriously, these people were gun hole on this is going to be an all African American cast. The moment Kim walked in that room, they were just like me. They were like, wow, I'm telling you five minutes and they were scratching their head.
Speaker 1: But you know that, Like I mean, and I know that you've had your ups and downs with her, but like you have to be grateful that you did bring her in because the two of you made each other better. I mean, you guys together. Let's you guys were Jill and myself like, you guys were.
Speaker 2: I knew she was gonna be good. You guys when they saw Kim, oh my god, they were like, honey, but now we can't even down.
Speaker 1: So we're so so so she was your good, good good.
Speaker 2: Not good good girlfriend. She was just, you know, a lady. I knew it.
Speaker 1: But then you start to nurture it through the show because nothing is real. You're living two worlds. That's me and Jill. You're nurturing a relationship that's all about the show, and the audience is seeing you become closer and closer, and there's no other way to do it because you're on the battlefield and you need someone next to you. And that's why it's challenging when audiences say, oh, but you guys were best friends, but the show needs you to be best friends. Because they won't cast if you don't seem like you're best friends.
Speaker 2: As Kim came in with her cigarette and hung garment, she these she says, it was so many things. Those people were looking like, we have to have her.
Speaker 1: But were you very close? Would you call yourself close or were show friends?
Speaker 2: I think I would never say we were very close. I would say that we were very cool.
Speaker 1: Very cool. Do you regret going to the Mattresses with her on the show?
Speaker 2: Uh? No, I can't say that that.
Speaker 1: Is because do you feel that I always say that the show, it's a zero sum game. Someone always has to be winning and someone always has to be losing. So you are either getting killed or killing somebody. There's really very little middle.
Speaker 2: That's very good.
Speaker 1: It's the mafia. Yeah, you're killing or being killed. If you're not. If you don't know who's getting whacked, you're getting whacked. Yes, So it's so you know, I had a makeup person here today doing my makeup and he's good friends with Tinsley, and I was saying I really liked her, which wouldn't be evident by the show, because she was you know, she was a fine house. I have a nice girl, but it's called get out of the way. The grown ups are on the battlefield, and that's the way the game is played. So it's very difficult for the audience to understand why you have a friend and then you don't have a friend, because if there's something that somebody has on you, they're gonna fucking bring it to the center of the table because that's what the game is.
Speaker 2: That kind of sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, am I wrong?
Speaker 2: You're right?
Speaker 1: Has there ever been anything not brought to the front of the table?
Speaker 2: Everything? You cannot share anything with any of those girls or have any secrets. Now you can have any secrets, right, so do you did?
Speaker 1: So? What about fame? What about money? You're coming on the show? That was the beginning when we started too and you were wearing a normal clothes. You didn't know that you're supposed to be in a photo shoot every day once in a while, you get hair and makeup. But I was sitting there in my raggedy clothes and all of a sudden, the game starts moving quickly and it gets glamorous and like you're competing, And so what about the money, the cars, all that shit? On the show?
Speaker 2: I was the underdog, like I was the underdog because Ray was married to Bob and he had money. He was a football player, him was dating Big Papa and he had all this money. Deshaun Snow was with Eric Snow. He was an NBA player, you know, Lisa Wool was married to a football player. And my husband was just a regular executive king. You know. No, I didn't find I didn't. I didn't feel poor because we were living very nicely. I was the underdog though my husband didn't have the money that these guys had got it and we were definitely the underdog.
Speaker 1: But how did that affect you? How did that field? You feel insecure about it? I did something.
Speaker 2: I did it. I just knew. I don't know how I knew this. I knew like two weeks into shooting that I had to be myself though that's the only thing I had. And I said to myself, I feel like every.
Speaker 1: Time I feel like every thought about it, you want to show you, I'm going on, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just gonna just be me because this is not working. Like I can't pretend to be somebody else. I'm gonna just have to be myself. So I just kind of went in like being myself I did not know that that was gonna work for me. Now, mind you, these girls are wearing designer everything, and I am like girl, I am just with my few little pieces. I don't have the pieces that they have, and my few little pieces, we're gonna make it work out. Lo and behold. I really think that they thought that they were going to be the real popular ones when I look back on it, but they were not.
Speaker 1: You were the bust outside the yes, And I.
Speaker 2: Think because you know why, I think because I was regular kind of. I was the underdog, and I think everybody liked me because I was the underdog.
Speaker 1: But did you believe into your own did you believe your own bullshit? Did you buy into it? Did you like take it to the next level and get because from you think you did?
Speaker 2: No? No, no. If you're saying, did I get glam and all that kind of stuff, yeah no.
Speaker 1: But there was a drastic change in original Nini, and then all of a sudden you moved into rich bitch and the cars and the glitch and everybody's game started to elevate. And it looked like a lot of pressure. Like I look at Beverly Hills and I feel pressure. I would not. I would be like Denise Richards showing up on the balcony in pajamas, where you guys were elevating the game, and every week it was a new hairstyle and a new handbag and a new car and a new show, and it felt competitive, a competitive sport, the Bentley's and the cars. And I would say that African Princess.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would think that it was somewhat competitive. In Atlanta, everybody has a big house. I mean it's Georgia. I mean, so everybody can, right uh. And it's a lot more affordable to live in Georgia than it is to live in New York, you know, so people can't afford a nice size house, right uh. And I think that Cambs with Big Papa, he was given everything. I just think that it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you felt a pressure to be rich? You felt a pressure? Yeah, I could see. I could see that. And then also the cameras at everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now, looking back, do you feel that I often say that the situations that are the interaction is real, yes, but the circumstances might not be real. So it's not that you're necessarily friends with these people and having these conversations and do you think that do you feel that it's real? Do you feel that it was real? Do you feel that it changed, because I have a feeling when it changed in my mind, but I want to hear it, so.
Speaker 2: I will tell you. When we entered season one, it was real. Everything we said and did was real. The way our relationships fell apart were real. There were no we Me and Kim fell out. We really fell out, like we didn't make that shit up, Like we really bombed heads. Me and Chary really bumped heads.
Speaker 1: But why was it because of the show? Would you have bumped if it weren't for the show?
Speaker 2: You know, Mi and Cherai were already bumping his hands before the first camera ever even oh okay, we had already started like falling out. Okay, So it was really real. Its really it was really well real, And I think for us, I feel like the relationships started changing. The stories to me, like four or five season four or five, we were real. I often look at them and say that everybody on there is making sit.
Speaker 1: Up now and storylines and what they're doing.
Speaker 2: That's that way.
Speaker 1: But don't you think it's also because the game has been elevated every photo shoot has happened. Every leg has been thrown, table has been flipped, and they've seen all the previous seasons now when they come on, so they feel like they have to do something.
Speaker 2: They do. I'm telling you, when we entered, we were so good because we were real.
Speaker 1: It was I mean, you know, it was my favorite show.
Speaker 2: Authentic is I don't know what we were real?
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: And so now everybody has a fake boyfriend, a fake everything. Everything is fake everything, and they have all these stories they made of I don't know even know how it came up with them.
Speaker 1: Everything is faked. You do you feel so? I've spoken to a lot of women on a lot of different shows, and they've taken antidepressant. The pressure gets to them, the media, et cetera. Did you ever go really low while on the show in that way? Did you ever feel like.
Speaker 2: I was on camera going low a couple of times.
Speaker 1: I mean, before the Greg stuff and before the later.
Speaker 2: If you remember, I can't I can't sometimes I can't call the seasons. It may have been season five or six. I was we I just know we were at the reunion. I was in all white. Doctor Jeff had come on our show.
Speaker 1: Oh, I remember I.
Speaker 2: Felt it was a lot going on with all the girls were ganging up on me. I felt a lot of lot of pressure, and I really felt low at the reunion. I think I got up and walked out for the reunion. Doctor Jeff was there to try to help, let's get through it. I think there were a couple times and after that, Yeah, the other time was my husband. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, when you broke up with Greg the first time, do you think that the show played a part in it? Do you think that the show had a negative effect on your relationship.
Speaker 2: I have to be honest. I can't say that the show was one hundred percent for me and Gregg's manience because we were together long before I walked on the show. We fell apart because we were falling apart. Honestly, the show did not help because I felt like my husband started feeling It's crazy. I know, I know it's crazy, but my husband started feeling really intimidated about me having my own money.
Speaker 1: Oh, interesting, that's a dynamic.
Speaker 2: He really was not here for me to have my own money. I never saw that in him.
Speaker 1: Yes, because you never had.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, I didn't need him to ask him for a bag or get my hair done or anything. And I feel like my husband got really intimidated about that. He would actually walk around and be like, she's gone Hollywood. He is really trip oh, like this is my own He didn't like that at all. My husband was a man's man. He was the kind of guy who provides, and he liked providing, and it made him feel good to provide, and it made him feel good for me to need him, and I kind of no longer needed him financially.
Speaker 1: You know, did you go Hollywood?
Speaker 2: I don't think I went in Hollywood. I felt like I just had some money. You were evolving, Yeah, And I was with him since I was twenty eight, and I just think that I was my own woman now and I had my own money. I still loved him, but he was not happy about me having my own money. I will say that I did have more control or power, if you will.
Speaker 1: So, do you feel emasculated?
Speaker 2: You know what? I've been asked that before, and I feel like I may have done that to him a couple of times.
Speaker 1: I got that you're strong, You're strong.
Speaker 2: I feel like I may have done that, not intentionally, but looking back, I may have said things to him that was like, I don't know, probably because I had my own money, and I probably was like, you know what, I don't really need you like that, sir?
Speaker 1: How did you get back together?
Speaker 2: Whose choice was that crazy thing? He moved out. He moved out probably about a mile or two miles from our house, and I would drop my son off when it was time for him to have visitation with his dad and Greg and I wasn't speaking. And how we ended up speaking is I dropped Brent off one day and I was picking him up and he said he got in the call me. He said, my dad said to tell you hi. And I was like and then he was like, he's in the window. He's in the door. Mom, look my dad saying hi. And I looked and I was like, boy, hi, And kind of from that we just started talking.
Speaker 1: You missed him.
Speaker 2: It was kind of weird that he spoke to me that day and I was like, boy, out of here?
Speaker 1: But was here? Was he more comfortable with your fame? Part two? When he came back to the change, he got more comfortable with the situation.
Speaker 2: I think he just kind of like became silent, and I think he was like, oh, forget it. Whatever, Nini is Nini now, And but he spoke to me, and that kind of like all it kind of took I did hear that he I knew he had a girl he was dating. I went over there one night. I wasn't supposed to. I mean, he wasn't my boyfriend and we had already divorced. But I think I was feeling territorial. I went by his place. I knew she was there, and his house was dark. On the front of the house, it looked completely dark. And something told me, walk around the bag. Now, why in the hell am I at this man house in the nighttime and they're in They're saying, walk around the bag, And let me tell you why. Because men are stupid. And so this is how this goes. I call him from a restaurant and he and I are talking left and right. We're just talking, talking, talking for a long time. He says, I'm gonna call you back. I mean we've probably been on the phone front like a couple hours talking. He says, I'm gonna I'm gonna take a bath and I'll call you back. Well, he's probably drowned by now. He hasn't called. It's been like two hours, like, what is going on? Where are you? And I called he wasn't aunty. He wouldn't answer, so a part of me was like, did he drown or did somebody come over there? I think I'll drive over his house. So I drove over there and in front of his house was dark, and then I said, okay, maybe he's sleep and then something said no. Girl parked the car and get out, and I got out and I walked around the back of his house and I saw the light so in the back, and he had blinds, and you know how the blind could be kind of opened a little bit, and I he through the blind and I saw him sitting at the bar with.
Speaker 1: A girl, and did you set the house on fire?
Speaker 2: I knocked on the door. I said, hello, is somebody sitting there? And they went like quiet everybody, And I was like, okay, okay, you're not gonna open the door. He would not open the door. I went home and no, lie. Maybe about an hour or too late, I got a call from a number I didn't know. I said hello, This woman said are you and Greg still together? And me being the bad meaning that I could be, I said, yes, we are still married. No, nor we are divorced. I was like, yes, we are still married. And she was like, oh, way good and I was like, girl, I'll get off my line.
Speaker 1: And that was that.
Speaker 2: I was like, Greg, you better come back home now.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can sustain a friendship or a relationship on reality TV?
Speaker 2: A healthy relationship, you guys have to be very very strong.
Speaker 1: What about friendships? Can you have a really strong friendship? No way? Right?
Speaker 2: No way?
Speaker 1: I agree, Like it's.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that you can. I don't care how strong you are in your friendship. The weakest link is the one they're gonna get. Because I always say they can't get me. Well, the weakest link they will.
Speaker 1: It's also the oh they'll always get the weakest link. But also that many times it feels really strong because, like I said, you're in battle together and you feel like you and all you talk you notice you have friends on the show. All you talk about the show, next time we're gonna do a show, that scene we just did, that scene, we're going to do the press came out the reunion. It's all you talk about.
Speaker 2: You know. The thing with me and my friend ship, Like I could give you an example, like from Marlowe for.
Speaker 1: Example, she's still friend.
Speaker 2: We're still friends. Oh, I mean we're you know, we're friends, but the friendship is different now that she is a housewife on the.
Speaker 1: Show while she's on and you're off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it seems like, you know, kind of like you're not friends.
Speaker 1: She doesn't really want to talk to you. But I think that's going on because the producers are telling her not to tell you and lots to you know, be friendly with me. So there's like a big elephant in the room with half the things she talked about.
Speaker 2: I have to say. When we were on the show together, she we were friends, and she knew that she wasn't my puppet or whatever it is. And they would say things like, you know, you're like you're kissing me me's ass and and and she knew that wasn't happening, but somehow they got into her head and she was like, everybody thinks that I'm like kissing your ass, and I'm not kissing her. And so she wanted to be like her own because whatever, I don't know, they all wanted to understand that it's designed for drama.
Speaker 1: So like if something's designed for drama and you put a bunch of people together in a very stressful situation. Alcohol always sounds like a great idea. Did you ever like, how thirsty would you be? Like you're thirsty and you're drinking alcohol, it seems like a great idea to get wasted. You say something stupid, you say something else stupid. You can't stop down. You're in your head about it. You know six months from now you're going to live it, and it's just it's a perpetual state of stress. You get home, you get back in the car from a scene, you talk to a producer who tells you whatever you want to hear, but you're hearing the opposite thing from the other person because they're being told whatever they want to hear by a producer. And you do it all over again for the name of fame and money, which is why people are on antidepressants and anti anxiety.
Speaker 2: WHOA. I think also they are being It just depends though they're they're definitely being told like if you have a friend on this show, like you need to get out of her ass and go do some be friends with this person? They kind of I don't know, there's just no way possible to have a friendship and be on these show.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. There's a whiteboard in an office. If you see in the whiteboards, there's a board in an office that says this one should go with this one. And then they got to go talk about that. And you're get in the car and they're reminding you, make sure you tell Nini you don't want to invite her to your party. And then you get out and you have your market orders. But they've told Nini, make sure you tell Bethany she's still with a younger man. And everybody's got there. And then and then you come out and we're battling, and and you're paranoid, and it's a state of it's a state of anxiety. You're constantly you're constantly battling. You gotta be winning, or you got to be killing, or you're getting killed.
Speaker 2: It's what's going on. To be honest with you, I don't even think it has to be that way. No, I don't really think that. It probably would be better if everybody just kind of just wins kind of. I mean, you may need a little direction, but I don't feel like they have to do that.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe a little direction. It's a whole. It's just a it's a different animal now because it's also competitive. It is so I think that the I think that the r in the entire franchise. And by the way, I explain that a franchise is like a Dunkin Donuts franchise. Each store is managed differently, So Atlanta has a different management team, and that franchise could be nice and perfect and New York could be sloppy and dirty. Like everybody thinks it's like one group just producing it, it's not. It's different little production companies that are producing and that's a different franchise. Z. So I say that they're all different, but there are many similarities and many of the producers go from one to the other. They're like a traveling circus that go and move around and their job is And the thing is, I talk about this and we're going about to get into the reality reckoning, but that it's the upside down because what's celebrated on reality TV. If you tell someone to go fuck themselves and you out them and you say something and it's really explosive and it's going to change the season, you get rewarded in every other area of your life and what we're teaching our kids to do. In any other world, that would not be okay. So if Jane drinks twelve Margarita's and she's an alcohol and she went off the wagon, the cameras come flying in and the producers are high fiving because Jane fucking went off the wagon, which is all they've been waiting for her to do. Anyway. So when people say no one ever forced anyone to drink alcohol, that's true. But by having it everywhere and by people being sleep deprived and stressed and it be you know, it being celebrated, it's an environment prone to drinking, screaming, shouting, stressing, sleep deprivation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never been told to drink alcohol. I personally like alcohol, so they don't have to tell me. I'm just gonna thank you drink.
Speaker 1: But don't you feel like you drank more doing it, because.
Speaker 2: I am probably probably, you know, I mean I learned, because you know, you learn, you know, as time goes. I've definitely been drunk on camera before, but you do learn as time go on. Like I was like, we're doing a scene today, okay, so I need to be very conscious, honey, I will not have a drink. I will have the drink, I will sit out of it, but I need to be very conscious. So you learn, you know, as you stay on the show, you learn how to do it. Some people don't. Some people need a drink to take the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's fair, and I often did. I thought it was a good idea. You and I are both you know, we were we played the game very very well, and we watched just like two athletes watching each other's team play. I'm sure you've watched me play. I'm sure i've you know, I definitely watched you play. And in watching you play, I sometimes saw you at reunions double down on being frustrated or furious and not like like I said what I said, like you always stuck stuck to it, but sometimes in a way that I thought was like imploding, like it was doing damage to yourself, like you could just sort of hear what people were saying, absorb it, go a little calmer, a little gentler, and instead I always watched you double and triple down, and I thought, you're gonna make more trouble for yourself. You're gonna make more like you're gonna add gasoline to the fire and I wanna talk about that, Like your style to me was like fuck you and fuck all of you and I'll give a fuck what you say, and that's what happened and that's it, and it would be like no receiving of what anyone was saying. That's what I saw something.
Speaker 2: I feel like, you know, I am the kind of person. For me, I keep it real and it is what it is. And I'm not really the kind of person who backpedals. Now, I do understand that there's times when you need to apologize for things because I may see it one way, you may not see it that way, and I need to respect how you feel. So I do get that part. But I am the kind of girl keeps it real. Now now I'm a different kind of girl. Okay. Now now now I used to be the kind of girl that keeps it one hundred, but now I keep it about seventy.
Speaker 1: Because you're playing the game a little because you're a little afraid.
Speaker 2: Right, and I don't think everybody wants one.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting because it's funny that you say that we're going to get into the closet and all that stuff. Because it's funny that you say that by the same token when watching there's a respect that I have for it in the way that you did keep it one hundred because you're like, and we said it, can we move on? Motherfucker? Like, there's something about that that I like, you know, because I there's something about me. Because the thing is about society today. Everybody fucking wants you to be totally real, but they don't really because if you really say what you think. If I say that I thought that Taylor Swift was over the top a little with the guy at the Kansas City City Chiefs game, which I did, everybody says I'm bashing. I'm not bashing. I'm just saying a feeling that I had in my body. But you're not allowed to express You're not allowed to have an opinion.
Speaker 2: You know. Again, you have to keep it about seventy five.
Speaker 1: Interesting, that's a great line. That's a great by the way, you should like join that key. I'm taking it seventy five.
Speaker 2: About seventy five now, I think keeping it one hundred. You can keep it one hundred with your very close circle.
Speaker 1: Keeping it seventy five. It's brilliant and it's a little sad.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It's a little sad because it's not okay though.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna give you a little bit real and then I'm gonna hold the wrist back.
Speaker 1: That's a keep. Are you keeping it one hundred today or seventy five?
Speaker 2: No, I'm keeping it about eighty two.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully we're gonna go. We're gonna raise the fucking grade because I'm not doing eight.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I don't get no, I ain't getting.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I will keep it a hundred. But honestly, you know, this is serious. A lot of times people say they want to hear the truth, but honestly.
Speaker 1: No, by the way, I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree, because when you walk out, they're like that was harsh, or she was mean, or you're.
Speaker 1: Weigh in on this. I want to hear what you think about. Then you get canceled. No, I know it's it's so now.
Speaker 2: You're just like, you know, I gotta kinda So this is how you do it. If you talk about Taylor and the guy I don't know a little over the time, you say, okay for the game, she looks beautiful. This is keeping it out.
Speaker 1: Saving But I'm massagin and wrapping and frosting. Yeah. No, I know that's think I'm wrapping in frosting and divers I know i'm keeping it ninety three. You know I'm keeping in ninety three. I maybe I haven't been through the same war you've been through. I'm keeping in ninety three.