Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome Man, Watch Driving the Great Episode two seventy nine hour Week twelve Gambling Show spoiler alert. On The Gambling Show, I had my worst week of the season and Demonde crushed another teaser. So happy for you, gotta be honest, A little sad for me. I thought my process was quite sound last week. I liked where I was and these were not close losses. These were not ah I got unlucky, these were annihilations. I had the Falcons catching a couple points and they lost by thirty to bow Knicks. I waxed poetic about the Chiefs and Mahomes as an underdog. They're down nine for the bulk of that fourth quarter. I mean, really just a debacle, a true gambling tragedy of a day. And it was you know, I have been on bit of a cold streak after really ride and high with my actual real life bets because I make the bets that I the five picks. I make those bets, but those aren't the only bets I make throughout the week. And I'd been doing really well up until a couple tuesdays ago, and it started with the election. Bets got hammered, just absolutely brutalized on every front. There A lost minus three hundred popular vote bet, obviously lost overall winner, lost the state bets. So that wasn't great. That weekend, I, i'll be honest, chased my gambling losses or my election losses with some football bets. And then this weekend I was like, well, luckily, the gambling gods have given me a gift, and that gift is Patrick Mahomes as an underdog. And so this is one of those times where Demond's we pause, we regroup, We're very very thankful that we have a good job and that we have you know money. He set aside that your mother doesn't always see as our annual gambling budget. While that pot of money had been growing over the course of the year, it's now somewhat depleted. And we regroup. I mean, this is what we have to do. And you get, you know, you get the weird call from your accountant like, hey, I'm a little worried, is there Like has your PayPal been hacked? And it's like, no, just paying people I lost bets to. It's like really, like are you no double check that. They're like this is I'm like no, Like yeah, They're like, what is what does the k H note line me? I'm like, well it means Kamala Harris Like okay, what about what about de T I was like, oh that was Lion's minus three and a half. In a night, Jared Goff through five interceptions like listen, this is Liz life. You got it, like the the you you know, this is the you know, the life I have chosen, so to speak, And so I have to regroup. Is the short version, and today is the path back to profitability. It's the only way to Oh I didn't even mention and again no spoilers, but mixed in in this two week period, I did also play in the highest stakes poker game of my life with Phil Locke, Phil Helm The Antonio's Fondiari and others. And again that won't come out until the spring on YouTube. And I'm not giving anything away, but I what I will say is, do you think I'd be more or less tilted if I had crushed that game or not?
Speaker 1: Like this?
Speaker 2: So you guys, you guys, go ahead and do the math on how the last you know, fifteen days have gone for your old buddy Nick, right, and you know we keep it moving, all right, Here's what missed the cut on today's show. That was therapeutic man coach Ray Lewis maybe to Florida Atlantic. Well, he's not gonna do worse than Trent Dilfer. Lebron celebrates Dalton connect which has been just a great draft pick by the Lakers. He's been awesome and my favorite tennis player of all time, Rofin Adah has retired. All right, demons, let's get to an organization, a team, some people who somehow have managed to have a worse last couple of weeks than me. The New York Football Jets.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, and so the Jets fired their GM somehow, that's not the huge story coming out of there. Apparently their owner of Woody Johnson wanted a bench Aaron Rodgers after week four. This organization's obviously a mess from top to bottom. You can't really just put it all on Rogers, but he's a part of it. People say Belichick will be a great coach again if someone else ran this team. Do you think the same would be true for Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: No, So listen, it's obviously not all on Aaron and what he is one of, if not the worst owner in the league. And here is here is my big concern if for Jet fans out there, because Jet fans, the majority of them deserve better. And I say the majority of them because I don't really care if Fireman ed gets better or not. Ever since that guy ran to the media and was like, they're not putting me on the jumbo tron as much as they used to. They're phasing me out, Like, buddy, relax, you're a guy that wears a fireman's helmet to football games and they really think you're the fifty fourth guy on the roster. Like we calm down with the Jets ops are phasing me out of the operation. But most Jet fans good folks, and they have to deal with the fact that they live in a two team city and if the people aren't Jet fans or Giant fans. And while the Giants have been a disaster for the last half decade, they are a prestige franchise. They won Super Bowls with Parcels, they won Super Bowls with Eli, They've played in big games like so you have that little brother big brother thing, and you add to it, a lot of Jet fans are also Met fans, and a lot of Giant fans are Yankee fans. That's usually how it goes, like Jets, Mets, Giants, Yankees, and then everyone's a Knicks fan because nobody likes the Nets. So you have like you get little Brother two times over. So I do feel for Jet fans sincerely, again, except for Firemanette. And I here's my concern. It appears to me Woody Johnson might be the reason I think he fired Joe Douglas, who I have no tears for Joe Douglas. I'm gonna bounce around here a bit. I apologize. It is it is very very clear that Joe Douglas made a lot of friends in the media. When a guy who's thirty and sixty four and got six years to be a general manager, people are like, oh, man, look at all these great players he drafted. Bro, you ran this team for six years. They were a disaster the whole time. Yeah, the the drafts couldn't have been that great. And you were like, oh, the twenty twenty two draft, you're you had the fourth tenth, twenty sixth, and thirty sixth pick of that draft. You're supposed to do well in that draft. Now you got one of those extra picks by trading the Jamal Adam trade, which wasn't all time good trade, and credit to him for that. But this the little mini violins for Joe Douglas because he had been a friend to media and maybe fed some stories like it was a little too much for my taste, like he wasn't done wrong. But firing your GM mid season is odd. It's just it's not like you're you fire ahead coach mid season because you want to spark. Firing your GM it doesn't make a lot of sense. So why do I think Woody Johnson did it? And here's where I feel badly for Jet fans because I do believe Woody Johnson is gonna take a job with the Trump administration like he did eight years ago, probably ambassador to England once again, and when that happens, he has to relinquish control of the team to his brother, Christopher. I think what wood he is trying to do is get a head start on everything as far as the next head coach and the next GM, so he can make those hires before he leaves. And that is going to create such a terrible situation for the Jets because that you're gonna have a new head coach, a new GM, both potentially hired by a guy who now is no longer in charge, and for the next four years Christopher's gonna be there. Is he gonna want the people his brother put in place? Are those people gonna feel like who's the actual boss? Like? It's just a bad process. What if Woody knows he's gonna take over an ambassadorship to the United Kingdom like he did eight years ago, then these should be Christopher's hires, because Christopher is gonna be the one who oversees it. But it does not appear that that's what's gonna happen. So that's bad news for Jet fans. Now, the idea that wood he would he I believe this reporting, Okay. I believe the reporting that Woody Johnson went to Jeff Ulbrick last week and said, you need to bench safety Tony Adams. I believe the reporting that Woody Johnson gets ideas from fans on social media and then brings them to the coaches and wants them to implement it. And I believe the reporting that Woody Johnson after week four wanted them to bench Aaron Rodgers and then after week six wanted them to trade for Aaron Rodgers Buddy Devonte Adams. Even though those two things seem to be in conflict, it's because we have no evidence whatsoever that Woody Johnson knows what he's doing. Now, with all that said, as it turns out, benching Aaron Rodgers would not have been the wrong decision. It would have been real like now that we know what happened, they wouldn't have been worse since he wanted to bench them. They've lost six of seven, they fired their coach, they fired their GM and one of the benefits of if they would have benched Aaron Rodgers for Tyrod Taylor, they wouldn't have traded for Devonte Adams, and that Devonte Adams trade is now gonna end up being the worst trade of the NFL season. That's gonna be around the seventieth pick that they gave up for a dozen games of Davante, dozen unproductive games of Vante Adams for a bad team. They gave up for Davante the same almost exactly same exact pick the Titans gave up for Lagerius Snead. They got Sneed in his prime long contract. Because the Chiefs are gonna have the Titans third round pick this upcoming year right now that's projected to be picked sixty eight. The Raiders are gonna get the jets upcoming third round pick right now that's projected to be picked seventy. So it's the same thing, like that's a disastrous trade. But then this does The other reporting is that the Jets don't want Aaron back next year. Okay, now there is a little The other thing I'd be worried about if I'm a Jet fan is this because it it what again? Further reporting is that Aaron is actually really close with Christopher does Aaron slow play will I or won't I retire to try to prevent the Jets from cutting him until Christopher takes over and then be like, no, I want to come back and see if he can lean on that relationship as a reason they don't cut him, Because if they cut him, who is signing up demonsee for Aaron Rodgers next year? Would Aaron Rodgers have a single team in the league that says we want you to be our Week one starter. I don't think so. I got Here's like, I gotta think the third are gonna draft a quarterback? Yeah? Like so, I I went through it yesterday on the show, and we can we can quickly do it here if we take the most liberal view of what teams might be in the quarterback business next year. Okay, AFC East, none of those teams allen to a Drake may Or locked and the Jets are This is under the assumption the Jets have cut Aaron, AFC, North, Ravens, Bengals, no Browns. Maybe, But when the Browns are still dealing with the Deshaun Watson thing, I don't think they're all of a sudden gonna be like we're gonna bring in another expensive old quarterback like so cross them out. Steelers are an intriguing one only in this regard, neither Russ nor Fields are on the contract for next year, so they don't have their quarterback.
Speaker 3: Under Rouns like I don't think Mike Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Not after what's happened this year. I agree with you entirely. I think not after the way it's gone. I think he would have once upon a time, but not at this point. And I think their plans probably to bring Russell Wilson back right so like so, now the AFC North is out AFC South. The Jags and Texans have committed to their quarterbacks. They're not available. Titans Colts. I don't think the Colts are gonna pull the plug on Anthony Richardson. I think they're now that they've gone back to him. I think they're gonna give him next year to see. The Titans are maybe Chargers Broncos. They all think they you know, they all have their guy or think they have their guy. The Raiders are going to be in the quarterback business. Tom Brady's gonna have a strong say in that. Do we think Tom Brady, with everything he represents about leadership team, any of it is gonna be like Aaron Rodgers is the guy. Absolutely not. They're gonna draft a quarterback. So there's that NFC East, Philly, Washington, Dallas all as their quarterbacks. The Giants need one. The Giants' new regime is gonna draft a quarterback flat like like they are not. They're not close enough and don't have the like to be like, oh, we're Aaron Rodgers away, So they're out. No one in the NFC North is in the quarterback business. No one in the NFC West is in the quarterback business. So then we go to the NFC South. Atlanta's got two quarterbacks, Tampa's committed to Baker, Saints Panthers. Panthers are drafting their guy. The Saints just extended Derek Carr and they're in hell. So when we go through the whole thing, Demons, there is one team that maybe would be in the Aaron Rodgers business. The Tennessee Titans the only team, and I think that would be crazy. I think the Titans need to be honest about where they are. They're not Aaron and Aaron Rodgers away and he's not that good. So I say all that to say this, Even everyone's like, will Aaron retire, I think gonna. It's gonna be a forced retirement. I don't think there is going to be a team that wants him as the Week one starter. I do think there's a possibility that there is a team next year during the season, if a quarterback gets injured, that a really good team. The example I used on the show yesterday was a team, say a team that's in the position the Lions are right now, we're rolling, we can win the Super Bowl. We have a great roster all around it. That quarterback gets hurt, would that team potentially call him? Maybe, But he hasn't put good tape out there in three years. He obviously is not a leader, he's obviously not accountable. So yes, the Jets thing's a disaster. I also think we're watching the very end of Aaron Rodgers' career and it is a nondescript, sad, self inflicted ending. And so that's where I think we are with the Jets. And I'm gonna say one other thing on this Demansey, I'm totally fine with if that fifteen minutes right there is the last we talk about the Jets. This year. I don't need any more victory. Laps I was right. Almost everyone else in the media was wrong. I'm fine with it. Right, Like, there is a real soft skill to being an NFL quarterback that involves leadership, that involves taking accountability, that involves being there for your teammates, and a hard skill of being an NFL quarterback that involves being able to move, having two functioning achilles, still being the player you once were, and Aaron goes over on all of them. So we're listen, we're talking about if Wood he's gonna take a job in the Trump administration, maybe that maybe Aaron gets the ambassadorship to Peru and can become America's foremost ayahuasca expert. But his career as a relevant NFL player has a half dozen games left. That's where we're at, all right, let's go to the tiers if we can.
Speaker 3: Yes, So the Committee shocked America on first things First, yesterday you guys put Buffalo, Buffalo at number one, Kansas City's at number two. Did you guys do Mahomes Mountain Yeah?
Speaker 2: Orse on Tuesday, that's on Tuesdays. Yeah, so I do Mahomes are still number one.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it doesn't still number.
Speaker 2: One on Mahomes Mountain. What do you mean it doesn't make sense?
Speaker 3: Would make sense. Here's Josh Allen to be the number one on Mahomes Mountain because he's well.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. So it's again, it's a rich tapestry. It's not just record, it's not just head to head, it's not just stats. It's a lot of things. Patrick is in a position right now where on and then we'll get to the tiers where in order for someone else to have a legitimate claim that they are the best quarterback in the league, I think they have to pull off the triple crown this season, meaning they have to win League MVP, they have to beat Patrick in the postseason, and they have to win the Super Bowl if Josh or Lamar or Burrow, but Burrow's not gonna have the opportunity do any of those things, or do all of those things. Pardon me. And then you want to say, going into next season, this guy is the best quarterback in football, so be it. I might disagree, but it'll be a fair argument. But when one guy is the two time defending Super Bowl champion, we have seen him each of the last two years, play perfect postseason football, and the team does still have the best record in the league, and he is in the discussion for the greatest in the history of the league. He is going to stay at top. Mahomes mountain the tiers. On the other hand, again, we do have a committee. There's a lot of people that vote on this. I made similar arguments for the Chiefs that I just made for Mahomes, like they need to lose more to be knocked off. The committee said, hey, Buffalo's looked better in the last six weeks. They just beat him head to head. They beat him by more than one score, which is only the fifth time in one hundred and twenty four career games for Mahomes. He got the Chiefs got beaten by more than eight points, so they went atop the tiers. But go ahead with the rest of your question. Sorry about that.
Speaker 3: Yes, if Patrick Mahomes came out and said that losing is probably a good thing, do you expect the Chiefs to come out and be better after the loss or you convinced that the team that you've seen so far is all that they need to win the chip?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, people, there's a lot of speculation. Oh Man, bad news for the Panthers. Chiefs angry coming off the loss. They're gonna roll the Panthers this week, probably not probably win by like four. Like I I the the Chiefs don't operate as if the objective is to blow the other team out. And I know that can frustrate people, and it's why people foolishly are saying the Lions are the best team in the league because they do do that. But the Chiefs use the first half of these games to work on things and then trust that in the second half of these games will slowly the fourth quarter they are going to find a way to win. Now, this week it bit them and they need to, you know, look at what happened and why it happened. But even this week, when the Bills went up with fourteen minutes left, what did you instantly see the single best drive of the chief season? Bang bang bang bang bang right down the field, no resistance, touchdown. And I'm sure in that moment they were like, okay, great down to defense gets a stop, Pat gets the ball, we go win the game. Devens didn't get the stop. They played with fire a little too much in that game, starting with Patrick's first interception on the first play of the game, and all of a sudden, you're down by nine to two minutes left and the game's over. As far as my level of concern for Kansas City, it's nonexistent. They are while other teams are now injuries are starting to pile up the Chiefs in the next two weeks. Get Isaiah Pacheco back, Get Charles amenehu Bak, who hasn't played since the playoffs last year. There are now rumblings they are going to get Hollywood Brown before the end of the regular season. He hasn't played with them at all. And I have more weapons and better offensively. And the other reason I am not worried about the Chiefs at all is I simply think the Mahomes interceptions are going to go away come the postseason, because they always do. And the sneaky, most important and craziest stat of this NFL season, Demons, is the following. There are ten teams who have a minus five or worse turnover differential in the NFL this year. Ten teams. Okay, they those ten teams currently have the worst record in the league, the second worst record, the third worst record, the fourth worst record, the fifth worst record, the sixth worst record, the eighth worst record, the ninth worst record, and then Seattle which is five hundred, and the Chiefs, which have the best record in the NFL. So let me say that again. Every team in the league that has a plus minus of minus five or worse, there's ten of them. Eight of them are eight of the nine worst teams in the league, all two or three win teams. And then the outlier is Seattle, which despite the turnover differential, is five hundred. And then the super outlier is the Chiefs, which are nine to one. So they are they have played one of the toughest schedules, they have the best record, and they're doing it despite the fact they aren't forcing turnovers and they're turning the ball over like crazy. Now some would say, oh, well, that's gonna bite you in the playoffs, but they don't turn the ball. Patrick doesn't turn the ball over in the playoffs. Since the last time they lost a playoff game. He's played seven he has one one turnover, and so I just I I'm not concerned. What do you mean.
Speaker 3: Higher than of the past.
Speaker 2: It's not that much higher than last year. So that's the thing people like I would be concerned if we didn't see last year. And by the way, last year this also applied. Last regular season, the Chiefs had the fifth worst plus minus of any team in the league. They were minus eleven. The other teams that were minus eleven or worse were the Commanders who were awful, Minnesota who was mediocre, the Falcons who were awful, and the Patriots, who were third worst record in the league. And then there's the Chiefs at minus tied with New England last year. And then what happened in the playoffs. They stopped. They stopped because Patrick stopped. And so there is. Last year's Chiefs team was not good offensively. This year's Chiefs team is good but not great.
Speaker 3: Thinks like that wide receiver room was pretty bad and now he's got better weapons, so I feel like should be less likely to throw more paces.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much better weapons he has this year as presently constituted, so like like, and by the DeAndre Hopkins is been an awesome addition, and the Chiefs offense has looked really good since they added DeAndre Hopkins. So the I mean in Mahomes's numbers are way better since they added DeAndre Hopkins. Xavier Worthy will be a good player if he stays healthy, but he's a rookie wide receiver going through growing pains. And I want to make this clear. Patrick has not played that well. His footwork's it's been weird. He's had bad turnovers and more games than not. I just and so if the Chiefs get this level of play from Patrick Mahomes, they can win the super Bowl, but it'll be a dogfight. But if they get playoff Patrick Mahomes, which they do every single year, then they're far and away by a mile, the best team in the league. All right, next, Yeah, so you've.
Speaker 3: Been on an island when it comes to Lamar. Everybody loves him, you see right through, I guess. And you also find yourself being the most pro Bills guy and anointing Josh Allen and the Bills. I'm so weird timing Josh Allen just passed Lamar Jackson for the MVP race. How far are you willing to take this? Or you are you willing to take it as far as saying that Josh Allen will win the NFL.
Speaker 2: MVP right now, he's the deserving favorite. Listen to me, the top two guys should be him and Saquon. I think Saquan's reinvented that Eagles team and Saquan's numbers are unbelievable. And he also has had a seven or eight touchdowns sniped from him. But did you see this nine times this year, Demons, he has ran the ball to the one yard line and eight of the nine the next play was a Jalen Hurts toush push Like so, I mean there has just been so he is not He could have seventeen eighteen touchdowns this year he has ten. He could have, you know, a bunch more so. I think Saquan's been unbelievable. Josh has been great, and in the biggest game of the NFL season, Josh made the game winning play like the So, I I got a little annoyed on the TV show the other day because uh Wilde said, my Bills takes are confusing, and I said, it's actually not confusing at all. It's very very consistent every single year. My opinion on the Buffalo Bills every year I've been on TV has been one thing, and one thing only, the correct opinion, Like that's what it's It's not confusing at all. It's just I'm right. So when everyone thinks the Bills, you know, three years ago, are this unstoppable juggernaut, I said no, they're a good but not great team. Last year, when folks said this is the year that they're going to, you know, get Kansas City, they've got it in Buffalo, I said, no, the Chiefs have another gear. They'll get them. Two years ago when everyone said it's Mahomes and Allan, Allan Mahomes, and I said, I think you're forgetting Joe Burrow in this equation. Joe Burrow then played Allan in the playoffs. He played great, Alan played poorly and beat him. This year, when I said, you guys are drastically overrating the importance of Stefan, Didy, Biggs, Hide and player, and this Bills team is not gonna have to worry about the Jets in that division. They're clearly the best team, and the Bills are the second best team in the AFC. I've been right again, and so this would be a year that Josh deserves legitimate MVP consideration, unlike previous years when it's been in my opinion, what people are actually doing with Lamar this year, which is only discussing his great games and trying to ignore the times he's struggled. That's what we've done with Allen in the past. This year, he's been the engine. He's been smarter with the ball. He doesn't have great weapons, he has run the ball more judiciously, but just as effectively. So yeah, like Josh, Allen's been playing the quarterback position better than anyone in football this year. His team's got the second best record in the conference. That that's usually how you win lead and.
Speaker 3: So you get on top of Mahomes Mountain.
Speaker 2: Though no, again, it's a rich tapestry. And I do have to tell you, like if it were called Allen's Alps, then maybe he would have a stronger case. But it's quite hard to knock the name's sake off the top of the mountain. I mean, it just it just is all right. Last one demonse, Uh so you.
Speaker 3: Declare yourself NFC bachelor and things are getting pretty serious. And now it's down to two teams. The winner of Philly and the Rams will win your heart. Bachelor, Nick, please make your decision. Who wins your heart?
Speaker 2: Sunday. Oh that's a heck of a background. You've got there. So here's the deal. I'm actually not gonna make a prediction for this game. I'm gonna tell you what I'm rooting for, though, So so I let me back up in case the audience hasn't been following this demonsey on the TV show. So my preseason pick was obviously the Bears, and they're cooked. And they fired their offensive coordinator and Caleb up until this past week and have been struggling, and so they're cooked. So I've admitted defeat on that. But I have to pick another team and I so let's just go through the potential teams that didn't make the final cut. Washington is slowing down a bit. Jaden hasn't been the same guy since his ribs got cracked. I don't really tough trust Kingsbury, so take them out. The Packers I think have been a little smoke and mirrors lately. I think they're good, but they're not gonna win three consecutive playoff games all on the road, so take them out. Obviously, no team from the NFC South can do it. And in the NFC West, the Niners, I think you're gonna miss the playoffs. The Cardinals are a hell of a story, but they're not winning three straight playoff games. Like, so, who's left? Who's left is the Lions, the Eagles, and the Rams. Well, the Lions a it would feel a little front running b coach and Greg already picked them and C and I know Lions fans very mad at me about this. I don't fully trust Jared Goff, So they are They're out. So then we have the Eagles in the Rams. Now the Rams. I have abandon the Bears. They're four and six. The Rams are only five and five. The Rams might not even make the playoffs. However, they've won four out of five. Stafford when he's got both his receivers is just deadly. They crushed the draft on that defensive line with Verse and Fisk, and they get pressure on the quarterback. Now that their offensive lines getting healthier, they're dangerous. Mcveigh's as good of a co coach as there is in that conference. The Eagles. It's a weird spot because I don't trust the coach at all, and I only kind of trust the quarterback. But the defense went from awful to really good with Fangio and his additions. I didn't think they'd be able to do it when the receivers are healthy and Jalen is willing to run the ball as he is more this year than last year. That's how that offense gets to twenty twenty two offense. Jalen hurts with some Reid option stuff, Jalen Hurts running the ball, Tush push cooking, and then deep shots to aj Brown who's just unbelievable. And Saquan has been a world changer. So it's Eagles Rams. I'm rooting for the Rams this weekend. I would rather have the Rams be my pick, but if they lose and fall to five, and they're a long shot just to make the playoffs, so I hope the Rams win because I want to ride with the Rams. But if they don't, Philly is positioned so well to be at the very least the two seed, maybe the one seed of Detroit falters, and they have such a well put together roster right now. I don't know if Sirianni would screw it up, and in a game management off, Sirianni versus Dan Campbell is really not like Dan Campbell's got some game management issues himself, so it wouldn't be as much of a killer. So I'm not making a pick for this game. I'm gonna, you know, let the chips fall where they may. But the winner of this game, I've got going to the super Bowl. That's what I'm telling you. The winner gets my pick for the NFC to play the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. I hope it's Rams. I would love to be able to root for the Rams the rest of the year and Ian McVeigh in the Super Bowl would be dope. No, I'd rather play Philly because if the Rams get to the super Bowl, it means they are they started one and four, Yeah, I mean it would mean they you know that they would probably at that point of one gosh, twelve out of fifteen to get there, like it and so and the Chiefs like either of these teams would present problems for the Chief's second corner, whether it's Devonte Smith or Cooper Cup that the Chief's number two corner has to line up against. But I'll be rooting for the Rams, all right. Quick break What's Right? Gambling Show Week twelve to Monsey's weekly winning teaser, and I try to get back on the winning track. That's next, What's truck Welcome back in What's Right? With Nick right episode two eighty Did I say two to seventy nine earlier? Whatever it is, it's episode two eighty. Uh, all right, let's get this over with the recap of last week's picks, because these are bad, these bad picks. You should have talked me out of some of these, Demanse, I mean, this is a train wreck. One in four, worst week of the year. Pittsburgh plus three against Baltimore. That worked. It was obvious on a lot of fronts. There was a brief moment where it looked like I could get screwed if Lamar could have pulled off the two point conversion. Then all of a sudden, It's goes to overtime and Baltimore winning by six is available. The other picks, though, Atlanta plus two and a half at Denver they got boat raced, absolutely just destroyed. Cleveland minus won at New Orleans. That game was fourteen to fourteen, Demonse, and then I look up what go ahead? No?
Speaker 3: They why that I had that in my blazing five. It was tied fourteen to fourteen. I think the kicker missed the field goal. There was a flag. He ends up kicking another field goal, misses it. Oh, yeah, no, that that game screwed me as well.
Speaker 2: And then this and then the Saints scored twenty one unanswered Kasom Hill looks like damn Walter Peyton seven carries for a buck thirty eight, lose by twenty one. So that's a disaster. New England plus four and a half against the Rams they bad They lose by eight, but that one was gross two and we've already talked Chiefs Buffalo. So really just a train wreck of a week. There's no there's no getting around it. And we're now, how long has it been since I had a five and oh fill geez, I think I had a Let me check. I think I had a four and one earlier this week or earlier this year. I can look it up real quick because our guy, our graphics guys sends me, let me see. No, I had a four and one in week five five and oh three, Well that's last year. I think it's twenty twenty two. I don't think I had a five and o last year. Yeah, so this is a disaster. There's no way around it. I mean, there's no mincing words here. We're twenty six, twenty eight and one on the year, which means we need to go at least four and one this week just to get above five hundred five and oh would get us nearing profitability at the least. So let's back to the basics here. Some of these games, I gotta be honest, are some ugly, grimy games, but you gotta do what you gotta do. And demon'say, we're starting with Thursday night football or starting with the game tonight. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got a Cleveland plus three and a half versus Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it looks like you don't love this one. I'm just going I'm instituting a rule for the rest of Knicks picks the rest of the year. AFC North teams that are home dogs of at least three is an auto fire the rest of the year. If it is an AFC North again in a divisional matchup, if it's AFC North versus AFC North and the home team is getting at least three, I'm betting it. So I think this is a potential letdown spot for Pittsburgh after the last week's game. The total in this game is only thirty seven points, which means it's gonna Vegas says it's gonna be very low scoring, low scoring games. Getting the points feels good. Cleveland not quite as bad as the final score suggests from last week, because again that game was fourteen to fourteen and then it got away from him. This just feels like another ugly Pittsburgh win sixteen thirteen, seventeen fourteen, something like that. I'm getting three and a half AFC nor Thunderdogs cover sixty one percent of the time against the spread over the last six years. That's the best of any division Pittsburgh. I mean, it's short week for both teams, obviously, but Pittsburgh maybe a bit of an emotional letdown after the Ravens game. I like Cleveland getting the points in this spot, so I'll take Cleveland plus three and a half and Jamis for them to only have scored fourteen points. Jamis did have three hundred and ninety five passing yards and two touchdowns in that Browns game, so he played well. He had a bounce back game after his poor performance the week before. I don't think he's gonna do that against Pittsburgh, but I'll take Cleveland plus three and a half.
Speaker 3: Next, you've got Tampa Bay minus five and a half of the Giants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Tampa's coming off a bye. They had got a little extra life for their season over the last couple of weeks because of how how Atlanta has looked. You know, Baker's gonna be sharp. They got more life in that they I don't think they're gonna have Mike Evans this week, but Mike Evans returned to practice. Maybe they'll have them this week, but they they know he's coming back. And the Giants, it's not just that they're starting Tommy DeVito, it's that the team seems pissed about it. One of their star defensive players came out and said, yeah, I'm mad that we're not starting the best quarterback we have in Daniel Jones. Drew Locke is pissed. He's like, I signed here thinking I was gonna be the number two. So I don't know what's happened. Tommy DeVito is we saw him last year. Is the reason they won the games. They won. Their defense and special teams crushed. It was less about Tommy DeVito. He was more mean than production. I don't mind laying this many points because I think this is a game. Tampa jumps out to a ten point lead, and holds on to it. I don't think the Giants are a backdoor cover type of team at all. I think they might be a let go of the rope type of team. Now they've be bench Daniel Jones, so this feels to me like a twenty seven to ten type of Tampa Bay victory rested healthier off a bye Tommy DeVito, but Danny DeVito wouldn't be much difference, I would assume. And so yeah, Tampa Bay minus five and a half and by the way, road favorites off a bye laying this much seven and two against the spread in their last nine, that doesn't mean that much to me, But I just like Tampa in this spot.
Speaker 3: Next, you got Tennessee plus eight at Houston, So this.
Speaker 2: Is another one of those ugly ones. However, I don't think Houston's offensive line is good to warrant them being more than a touchdown favorite against a good defensive front, and the Titans, for all their weaknesses, their biggest strength is that defensive front. I know that Jeffrey Simmons hasn't had quite the year that he's had in years past. He's still awesome. Harold Landry's really good to Andre sweatsman good as a rookie. There are a lot like that is the part of this game where I think Tennessee has a decided edge. They're gonna run Tony Pollard a lot, They're gonna try to shorten the game. Houston is, you know, off a bit of not not a huge but off a bit of a short week. And I didn't think even though they ended up blowing out Dallas, I didn't think they looked overly impressive. You know, throughout the early portions of that game. They you take out the Dallas game, they not take out. But prior to the Dallas game, their last four they lost to the Packers, they beat the Colts by three. They lost to the Jets, which is a flashing red alert. They lost to the Lions despite golf throwing five picks. There's only been two games all year they blew out the opponent, the game against the Patriots six weeks ago and this Monday against Dallas. And even again that game kind of became a blowout on the rush, fumble, stripsack, fumble six. It's just too many points. I don't think it's a divisional game. You're gonna play the Titans again. Later in the year. I like Tennessee plus eight feels like maybe twenty to fourteen, twenty to seventeen type of game. I don't love it. But the right side of this game is Tennessee plus eight. And also Tennessee this past week, if you weren't watching, they got a great stop on four fourth and goal. It got wiped away due to a really awful, uh defenseless receiver penalty where but when you look at the replay, it was a totally clean hit to the player's chest that flipped that game. Otherwise they're right there with the Vikings in that spot. The Vikings are better than the Texans. I like Tennessee plus eight.
Speaker 3: Next Green Bay minus one and a half versus San fran.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So this is the first time in Purdy's regular season career he's been an underdog, which is a banana's stat, but it's a true stat. I don't I if Nicky Bosa is not playing, this Niners defense goes from mediocre to awful, and I don't know that he's playing. And try as he might, if Nicky bos is not gonna be out there, he can't make the Niners defense great again. Like he wants to, and so that concerns me. I don't think the Niners offense has been as crisp of an operation. Shockingly, when Christian mccaffery's out or not looking like Christian McCaffrey, you know they don't look quite the same. I agree with Kyle Shanahan. Kyle Shanaan came out and said brock Perty's playing at the exact same level he did the last couple of years. Totally agree. And the numbers are way different. Why because the pieces aren't the same as they were the last couple of years. Brock Purty is a mirror. He is going to reflect exactly what the players around him have to offer. He's not gonna elevate. He's not gonna pull you down, but he's not gonna elevate. And so the Packers can't feel great about how they've been playing. They escape against the Texans, they escape against the Jags, they escape against the Bears. They obviously lost the Lions in the middle of that. The Packers to me, are a better team than San Francisco. They are at home, they're laying less than a field goal. Matt Lafouri against Shanahan twenty seven to twenty four, green Bay win, twenty seven to twenty three. Green Bay wins something like that. Packers are the better team at home laying less than a field goal. I like green Bay in the spot, yep.
Speaker 3: I like green Bay though, all right? Next one, last two picks Arizona minus one at Seattle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, the Cardinals are flying a little under the radar right now. What I like about where they're at is they're coming off a bye while Seattle is coming off a super emotional kind of theft of a win against San Francisco. Arizona has won four straight games. They now play another team who's defense. I don't totally trust Kyler's playing some of the best football of his career. Arizona's knows that the Rams are likely coming for him. They need this game. That The one point I don't mind laying this is not you know, as long as a lot of teams that's playing Seattle have to come cross country, Arizona doesn't. I think Arizona's better. I think that Seattle is still getting a little too much of a lumin field bump from the bookmakers. They're one in five against the spread at home this year eight and fifteen at home against the spread over the last three years, which means Vegas still thinks that that's more of a home field advantage than it actually is. I like Arizona to win outright, so laying the one point I obviously don't mind. So five picks of the week Demanse Tonight Cleveland getting three and a half at home against Pittsburgh, Sunday Tampa laying five and a half at the Giants, Tennessee getting eight at the Texans, Green Bay laying one and a half at home against the Niners, and Arizona laying one on the road at Seattle. But this is the part the whole audience has been waiting for, where Demandse prints money for everyone. Last week, Demanse had gave out a teaser that counted for his record and a super teaser that didn't. The teaser that counted hit because he did a seven and a half pointer, so he got Casey all the way to plus ten. So even though they lost by nine, everybody had Kansas City plus eight and a half, Demande had him plus ten. That last point really mattered, so it hits and Pittsburgh won outright. So plus ten and a half is great Demonse's super teaser if people are interested, were those two picks plus Seattle, which one outright but he was getting fourteen. The one that ruined you was the one I did caution against to be fair, which was Jacksonville. Because Detroit, you had Jacksonville plus twenty one. You could have had him plus forty one. It wouldn't have covered, if that makes you feel any better. And because they lost fifty two to six, so that one didn't work. But that one didn't count for your record. So what are we doing this week?
Speaker 3: This week is just a seven points te'eser two teamer. We're teasing Kansas City against the against the Panthers down to three and a half, and we're teasing New England at Miami up to fourteen and a half. Was gonna do a little half point to get it down to Kansas City to three in New England up to fifteen. But yeah, I think that they will blow out the Panthers, unlike you. I don't think they'll like twenty one. But I could see them beating ten twelve something like that. But yeah, that's that's the teaser. It's at minus. The odds aren't on your I think it's like minus one sixty three.
Speaker 2: No, minus one fifty, okay, minus one fifty. So the listen. Obviously, with the Chiefs, you would love to get it through the three I but I I I'm fine with that. I love the New England side of it because New England is you know, they let Drake may chuck the whole game. So even if Miami jumps out to a big lead, they are, you know, New England's the back door covers alive.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: New England historically, in the history of their franchise, they've only won seventeen times. In Miami, they've played them sixty times, so that's I don't think New England can win the game outright, but getting fourteen and a half, yeah, in a division game against a Dolphins team that just needs to win that it can't be worried about style points. And New England's been competitive, They've been at least competitive adjacent. So I like, I like this one. I'll give you an a minus. Not that, listen, my grades matter at this point. I like I like this one a lot. Thank you for the Okay, thanks, no, listen, you've been rolling. We've got the Week twelve offer Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 3: So Kansas City's obviously going to be Carolina this week, all right, so if they do will probably be a bit of a statement. So your offer this week is going to be Carolina under seven and a half points at plus three ninety and my homes to throw zero interceptions at plus one hundred total parlay value at plus eight eighty.
Speaker 2: I hate to disappoint the audience, but I'm gonna have to turn this offer down. Holding a team under eighth is really hard, and like those way higher for that right, Yes, that's that's how I feel like. I couldn't believe that it was only plus three to ninety the Panthers now. Listen, the Panthers twice this year have been held under eight points. Against the Chargers they scored three and against the Commanders they scored seven. But they've won two in a row, they scoring twenty three and twenty bryce playing a little bit better. So I under thirteen that I think is totally reasonable, or under fourteen, I should say, under eight I can't do, so I sadly have to turn the offer down. Last week, the offer I gave out was the Travis Kelce touchdown that didn't hit, but I didn't mind the the process on it because Noah Gray got two touchdowns. So the idea of the Chiefs were gonna, you know, get down in the deep red zone and you find a tight end was correct, but it was no great for both of them. Instead of Kelsey under thirteen and a half, they're putting it in there right now. I think what the plus is if it is under thirteen and a half and no picks for Mahomes is plus three forty eight. All right, I'll take that one. I'll take that one. I'll take twenty one thirteen Chiefs kind of boring victory and the Panthers don't get two touchdowns because the defense gotta be a little pissed about how the Bills game ended. All right, let me answer something, take quick break, come back, answer some listener questions. Next, What's right? Welcome back in What's right? With Nick right, Demanse, Let's do a few listener questions.
Speaker 3: Please, Danny Tanner, any thoughts on the Hall of Fame semifinalists and who do you think will be chosen this year?
Speaker 2: So you guys know, I loved the Hall of Fame stuff and last year when the semifinalists came out. We whittled it down to the five who I thought should make it, and I as I was even shocked by this. We went five for five. Like I was, that was like kind of an underrated One of my prouder things was doing it on the fly. We whittled it from twenty five to fifteen and fifteen to five. We did not have Gates making it last year. That was incredibly controversial, and we went five for five on that. I have a lot of thoughts on it that I don't want to rush right here. So at some point in the next few weeks we'll do a big, long Hall of Fame segment. I talked on TV yesterday about how I don't think Eli should be in. We'll spend time on that because I do think he will get in, but I don't know that he'll be first ballot. So we'll do all that, but just not today, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, Kevin Marlow Nick of the three AFC West teams. Which is the most intriguing the battle with the with the Chiefs for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's the Chargers. Without question. I like they have the best coach of the group. They have the best quarterback of the group. They have built. They're building through the draft. No, the Chargers are coming. If they're not already here, they're coming. So that'll be a that'll be a hell of a battle.
Speaker 3: Next Lamar Jackson. Nick, He says, thanks for watching Lamar Jackson. But yeah, Nick, if you Brew, Wilds and de Bond's they were on a seven on seven football team, what would your positions be?
Speaker 2: So I think Brew probably has to be all time quarterback because he's not going to be moving all that well because he's an old guy. So I think he like he's got to be the quarterback. And then in seven on seven, isn't it everyone else just a receiver? Yeah, Like I don't really know. I I would.
Speaker 3: I do think there's a sinner for some reason. Actually, no, you gotta start of the quarterback might start off. I would.
Speaker 2: I would make myself and demands the wide receivers. Wild's the running back and Brew the quarterback. That's That's how I would do it. Like Wild is sneaky really strong, Like Wild is sneaky jacked. Yeah, for real, I I I know it's it's It was as surprising to me as anybody the first time I knew it. But but yeah, Wild's in like Wild bikes a ton and lifts weights I think every single day, So I think he would be a good running back. You have the height and the leaping ability for wide receiver, and I'd be a Lad mcconkee possession receiver type, real great hand. Not gonna really stretch the field on you these days, but yeah, and bruis the quarterback, so that's how we'll do it all right, Next we got.
Speaker 3: A robber eighty four. I understand your skepticism of Nicks, but are you showing growth already, especially without great receivers? What do you think his ceiling is? Party great with avengers, but won't be one himself yet.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm gonna my priors on bow Knicks are too strong to move off after ten games. I mean the guy. The age part of bo Nicks cannot be underplayed as far as how much better is he going to get? Bow Knicks is two and a half years older than Anthony Richardson. He's three months younger than Trevor Lawrence. He turns twenty five at the when the Super Bowl happens, So I he as Sean Payton sixty games of College Star. So I just think he's close to a finished product. So I don't see this like upward trajectory. I think he came in close to who he's going to be and he's gonna maintain. So I think serviceable is who he's going to be. I know people get annoyed by that and listen if he I'm open minded to being wrong, but I don't think I'm gonna be wrong. I think like Derek Carr is his ceiling, like not current Derek Carr, but peak Derek Carr is to me, to me, that's his ceiling. All right, demonse, great job today, Appreciate the audience. Hope you hit your teaser. Hope I go five and oh you know what, let's just go five and oh, let's have a five and oh week. Turn this gambling around. Not get calls from my account and like what are all these Venmo transactions? Like mind your business man? Do all that? There's demand of the Bachelor background. See you guys on first things first at three o'clock, what's right? Hey, thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that, one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget we're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We'd love to get to two hundred thousand. Get demanday another plaque, so like, subscribe rate, send a rating to do all that cool stuff. Thanks guys,