Speaker 1: The volume. The Lakers just sold for a ten billion dollar evaluation, which I've believed for a long time. Nick, all these sports franchises are undervalued. Whenever they say, you know, the Cowboys are worth seven billion dollars, My take is if somebody in Saudi Arabia had a good month with oil, they buy him for thirteen billion. Because you don't know if Google is going to be around in twenty years or Microsoft. You know the Dallas Cowboys are going to be around in twenty years. In fact, I remember reading a story years and years ago they went back to like nineteen eighty and they took the thirty leading companies in the Dow Jones, and twenty five years later only one was still like a really it was like Chevron or something. And so my point is the Mark Walters group is the Dodger owner. It's a really good group. And it does make me think, Okay, the mom and pop Lakers are over, because that's been the big knock in LA is that I mean family? The Dan Gilbert could buy the Bus family four times. They've been one of the poorest NBA ownership groups.
Speaker 2: Correct, and one of the poorest from a net worth perspective, and I would argue that they haven't. They have been one of the more poorly run organizations in the league. And I know that's weird because they have the second most championships and they just got Luca and Lebron went there. But I think that they have squandered a lot of opportunities. I think that since doctor Bus passed, they have There are very few things you can say the Lakers do top notch in the league. And while they have been, you know, willing to spend, I think they've you know, last decade, they've spent like the seventh most money they should be the seventh most for Los Angeles Lakers. Is not maximizing the market and the brand. I understand, it's not baseball, so there is a cap. And in the new NBA with the aprons, just spending recklessly can really hamstring you. But this is a massive net positive for the Los Angeles Lakers for their fans. In my opinion, you should not have They're in a weird spot where similar to the Cowboys, where ownership's primary source of income is the team, and that's one of the reasons I think the Cowboys don't necessarily spend the way they should. And that's how I have felt about the Lakers. So listen, I don't know much about Mark Walters. I know that he bought twenty six percent of the team from I think and Shoots or whomever with the guarantee. Part of that was if the buses sell, I get the first opportunity.
Speaker 3: And now he's in. Now I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Historically sports franchises have been undervalued. I wonder if we are now getting to wear ten billions, ten billion dollars kind of like, that's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: So think about this. Yeah, the Celtics sold for six billion. The GDP of Boston, the gross domestic product is six hundred million annually. It's a trillion. In Los Angeles. The Los Angeles economy would be the twentieth biggest economy in the world, meaning it would be bigger than about one hundred and eighty five countries.
Speaker 2: So and they own the the Lakers own their arena, so that's an importance. So like you just if the arena's worth two billion, given where it is in the real estate and whatever. So now it's not six versus ten, it's six versus eight. And you take the fact that LA's a bigger market. And you know, as much as this will pain our buddy Bill Simmons, the Lakers are the biggest brand in basketball.
Speaker 1: Like this, The Celtics were in the finals two years ago. It didn't get a good rating. Oh, it didn't get a number, right, I mean when the Lakers are in the final, regardless of who the star is, it generally gets a much bigger rating.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's also true the Lakers have never been in the finals without one of the biggest stars in the league. It's not a lot of like Lakers time they made the finals with that scrappy, underachieving team. No, it's Lebron or Kobe or Shacker, Magic or Kareem or Will.
Speaker 3: But still your point stands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, they are the the This is a fun one because you did your mount what was it, Mount crush More, Mount just just more because they're just more than everyone else. If we were to do God, this is this is corny and make funnable content it also, I'm sure will crush On TikTok or something, if we were to do the Mount Rushmore franchises in American sports. Four four to me, there are three no brainers. And then people would argue about the four fourth, but the three no brainers are the New York Yankees, the Dallas Cowboys, and the Los Angeles Lakers. Those to me, do you think I'm missing anything there? I think those are the three brands that are truly every.
Speaker 1: Corner of the world.
Speaker 2: They're you know, somebody's walking around wearing a T shirt even if they've never heard.
Speaker 3: Of the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I will say this. I think the LA Dodgers because of the Walters Group, perfect spring, summer, fall, weather, O tawny. Now is you know Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Dodger games are now an event. There are fans from the Pacific Rim. Every home game road attendance for the Dodgers is number one in the league. They played the Yankees, I think it was last year it felt like twenty five percent of the crowd was Dodger fans. They travel incredibly well. I think the Dodgers over the last eight since they have been purchased from the Mark Walters Group, I think they have become and I'm and I mean this, I think they're a step ahead of the Yankees. They don't have all the pennants, they don't have all the titles. But this ownership group is much more It's got deeper pockets. It's more aggressive. I mean the way they are pushing contracts down the road. They're not a.
Speaker 2: Bigger brand than the New York Yankees. I think they're getting close. I think Otawi changes it.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 2: If the idea is like Otani brings in and a whole similar to I.
Speaker 3: Understand one's Japanese and one.
Speaker 1: I think he brings in the Pacific Rim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what Yao Ming did for the Houston Rockets. We're all of a sudden, it's like you have this whole new market.
Speaker 3: But if so, the.
Speaker 2: Because I really maybe eventually the Dodgers get there. If it's Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers, is the three the teams across sports competing for that fourth spot. Dodgers definitely are in the contention. The Celtics are the Warriors? No, probably not, because that's good. The Warriors are like the Chiefs in that it's the super nova of the moment in Mahomes or Steph Curry. But they don't have a history to where they're this big brand. So do you think you think the Dodgers now have surpassed the Cubs as the second biggest brand in baseball.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, because again, remember Chicago wanted the Olympics. Why couldn't they get them because they were not considered a global city. They were considered uh maybe are They're like, Chicago has won Best North American City seven years in a row from Conde Architecture. It's an unbelievable city, but it's not viewed as an international city.
Speaker 2: D C.
Speaker 1: San Francisco, LA, New York. Boston similarly is not necessarily seen It's seen as kind of parential, of course, provincial parochial. So I think they've surfaced. And the Cubs, the Ricketts family, which by the way, they live about five minutes from where I'm sitting right now, they are it seats thirty six thousand, their revenues just don't They're not close. They're just not close anymore so. And I think the Cubs are historic and they matter domestically, but I don't think they pull.
Speaker 2: That might be real nice, and it also might be a lot of the benefit of the Cubs when or benefits their own word. But brand recognition, for lack of better term of the Cubs had to do with if you're a millennial when you were growing up with like basic cable for some reason, you got the Cubs games because of WGN, so you could like watch your team and the Cubs and so they they had that and now people can watch whatever teams they want.
Speaker 3: I just saw the who.
Speaker 2: Do you sorry for this slight detour, but after the Cowboys, what do you think the biggest brand in football is? Like I I hesitate that in the moment, it's obviously the Chiefs, but you wonder, like if Mahomes retired, like then the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Interesting you if you bought the Chiefs today, we would have to consider Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes part of the buyde yes. So this idea, well, the brand, what is the brand right now? Jerry Jones is eighty They're dysfunctional, their roster's bad. There's value to it. But Kansas City's got the best quarterback in the league for the next ten years. So I mean that when Lebron James went from the Miami Heat back to Dan Gilbert in Cleveland, I talked to somebody in that equity space. He said that was a four four, one hundred million dollar day for Dan Gilbert. Now the Cavs without Lebron, even with Evan Mobley and Donovan Mitchell, Lebron changed that. It was a paradigm shift economically for Cleveland. Literally, Ken Griffy saved baseball in Seattle. Lebron James changed the economy. Taylor Swift's tour, an example, made two point one billion dollars, sold ten million tickets. That is double the next biggest tour ever. So it's only big because of one reason, the artist. So if you count, I mean, let's be honest, if you bought a soccer franchise ten years ago and Ronaldo had an eight year contract, it would make it worth half a billion dollars more So, I think the Chiefs with Mahomes, that adds to me, that adds half a somewhere between five hundred billion and a billion dollars. They go from six billion to seven because of Mahomes.
Speaker 3: Well, so that's the other piece of this.
Speaker 2: The other piece of this is if the if the most valuable team in the NBA is now worth ten billion dollars, what is the most valuable team in the NFL worth is it fifteen billion? Like? Honestly, like, what is if this is the new Because you can't tell like as much as as big of a brand as Lakers are.
Speaker 3: And I understand the NBA's new TV deal.
Speaker 2: I get all that, there is nothing that is the machine that is the NFL. So if the Lake, if we now have Lakers ten billion, Celtic six billion, you know as the metrics, then the if forget the Cowboys. I'm trying to think of a good, you know, a good. If the San Francisco forty nine ers were for sale, are they a ten billion dollar franchise.
Speaker 1: I'll give you. I'll give you one that is undervalued. One Cronky owns Sofi Stadium.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, the owning the stadium is a big thing.
Speaker 1: So if you bought the Rams, you get the state. I get Sofi Stadium, which can house a hundred concerts a year. Yeah, and the Chargers and the Rams. So you have to consider that when you buy the Rams. So I would say, in the number two market in the country, I get Sean McVeigh, I get a well run operation, I get Sofi. I'm sorry, but that's over ten billion dollars. I mean it just has to be.
Speaker 2: If they now that the Lakers are worth ten the biggest NFL brands have to be worth more.
Speaker 1: Somebody once in the last year asked Baker Mayfield about me and blah blah blah, and he said, well, we're frenemies, and I think Baker knows I like him and respect him, and he's always been nice to me. He said nice things publicly. You had to take the other day that he's Actually he was over discussed when he was in Cleveland. He's now under discussed. And it's funny because I think Baker's better than Dak. He's better than Tua. He's better than Gino, He's better than Aaron, he's better than Russell, he's better than Cousins. I think he and Darnold are very similar that they can be mistake prone, but they can plan it and they're real players.
Speaker 3: Forty touchdowns last year. Yeah No, he's been really good going there.
Speaker 1: Yeah No. Baker is a prime example. You see this a lot in the NBA where a guy comes in and you just needs the mature Aunt Edwards. In the NFL, generally, maturity's not the issue. It's you either have it or you don't. Baker was the rare lot of testosterone, a lot of confidence, and I felt like, can somebody turn the Governor down just a little. He was Johnny Manziel, but more likable and with actual talent. He could really throw football. But I think Baker is the rare NFL player in quarterback. You're like one of the talents. Inarguable, he's just got to turn the Governor down. Cleveland was not built for Baker. You go to a great GM, a talented roster in Tampa, which is by the way, below the radar. It's in the NFC South, which is a low profile division. Baker now is absolutely underdiscussed. He is a really good NFL quarterback. I don't think that's disputable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's hard to make a top ten and not include him. And but then when you add to the fact that he makes around sixty percent of what the other guys in that top ten make, his value is massive. He for a guy who dealt with injuries during in his time in Cleveland, he's incredibly durable. Yeah, his teammates love him, and he now has back to back years of really high productivity, a playoff quarterback, win the division again forty touchdowns last year. I And so yeah, I think that there was because he was talked about so much when he wasn't yet that good, right, I think people got I don't know.
Speaker 3: If numbs the right word. They were just kind of got over him.
Speaker 2: And now that he is, I think really good people are just like, okay, yeah, that's Baker, Like he's a people I think boxed him in.
Speaker 3: He's a good.
Speaker 2: Story and that is true, but he's more than that at this point. At this point, like, do I this is you know, a third rail for some Do I think he's better than Brock Birdie?
Speaker 3: I do? So what would I rather have?
Speaker 2: Like? And so you said, Dak Prescott, I think that's close. I think that there is There are a lot of quarterbacks that like I'll give you a great example. Now, this guy's young and we'll see, but he makes a lot of money. I think he's pretty clearly better than Jordan Love. And I think that Jordan Love is discussed.
Speaker 3: Like he is.
Speaker 1: You know, it's interesting. So I was really not anti Jordan Love, but but I said, for two years, there is more footage of Bigfoot than Jordan Love. They're hiding him for a reason. Then he came out and he was kind of sensational, and I really bought into him. And then It's as if the league defensive coordinators got all this footage and they found holes and at the end of last year, you're like, oh, people have caught on to him. This is now. It would be a sophomore slump for anybody else, but he was like in his fourth year. Yeah, and so I want to see him. So now it's like an NBA playoff series, like you get worked, then you change things and that there's stages and coaching, you know, adaptations.
Speaker 3: To a playoffs adjustment.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So now I've seen Jordan shock the league. Now I've seen people react and he struggles. Now I want to see his next hand with Matt Lafleur. That's why they drafted to me a a receiver in the first round, because they're like, listen, we he may need a little more help than we think here. But I so, I'm not sure Baker's better. I think Jordan's got a hell of a whip and he's a really good athlete. But he's he's one of the last quarterbacks in this league.
Speaker 3: Jordan Love.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. I know who's bad, I know who's good. I know who's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Jordan Love is the last.
Speaker 1: I'm not really sure what he is in the league. To me, nothing says summer like long days, clutch plays and fired off a few bets on a game. All of it with Draftking sports took my favorite seasons heating up. So do the bats and Draft King Sports Book cat. You cover home run props, live betting odds, boosts, whether you're chasing dingers or jumping in mid game, there's always action to be had. So if you've never bet on baseball before, it's really really easy. You just pick a guy, hit a home run, hammer some live odds mid game, or just ride with your squad and hope for the best. No spreadsheets, just vibes. So here's something special for first timers. You may have heard this before. New Draft Kings customers. All you have to do is bet five bucks. That's it, and you'll get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly. So you just download the Draft Kings sports Book app. You know how to do that in ninety seconds and just use my code. It's Colin co l i N. That's code Colin co l i N. That'll get you one hundred and fifty bucks. If you're a new customer betting just five bucks only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one on over agent Eligibility varies by jurisdiction void and Ontario New customers only. Bonus bets exspire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see dkanng, dot co, slash audio.
Speaker 2: Have the Chiefs become America's team.
Speaker 3: Or will that always be?
Speaker 1: In Cowboys? No?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: In fact, the Cowboys were tied for third in total audience, and that's because Fox puts them on games they probably shouldn't be. But because the biggest draws right now are the Chiefs and the Bills and the Ravens and the Niners are also big in the Packers. But I think after this year when Dallas wins five to six games because I think they have the worst probably head coach in the league, arguably good Court. I think he was an average coordinator. I think he's more I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean certainly the most unproven and the oddest higher yeaheah.
Speaker 1: So my take is Dallas will be the fourth most watch team in the league after this year. Now, Fox may because of Fox promotion and marketing ability and production values, we may be able to prop up the Cowboys juice it. Yeah, I mean, Fox just does it. Fox gives you, like if you give Fox baseball, it just is better than other networks doing baseball. Fox is really good at Eric Shanks lived in a truck. That's how your CEO. Everybody has a specialty. Bodenheimer was sales when I was at ESPN. ESPN could monetize anything, anything shit screw up in a truck. So our production values are sensational. They always have been. I mean I said this a couple of years ago. The five to six hour live Super Bowls from opening moment the pregame show starts to the end, they're majestic. They're like as good as American television gets for us live five hours. So so I think Fox may prop the Cowboys up, but if you put them on another network, they wouldn't. They wouldn't resonate as much. But they're not They're not a fun team. Dak is a boring player, a second lower body body injury. He's not hyper athletic, he doesn't have a big arm. They have a couple of interesting receivers. They're not fun to watch. Philadelphia is fun to watch, Detroit's fun to watch, Buffalo, Kansas City. Uh, there's some teams in this league that I I mean, like when the receivers are healthy. Houston's fun to watch. When the receivers are healthy, Cincinnati's fun to watch. But no, I think I think Kansas City is actually America's team. Absolutely. I don't think there's any question. And I would say yeah, I would say Buffalo to me feels like number two.
Speaker 3: Oh listen.
Speaker 2: I think Buffalo is probably the team people the team neutral fans root for the most, because I think people they look at Buffalo not as an underdog, but like man, they gotta get over at some point. And Josh Allen is so likable, and the Chiefs have kind of become like villains, you know, to a degree.
Speaker 3: All that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just think I think the team that is the biggest draw on, the most interesting is the Chiefs. And that the reason I even asked it is it just speaks to the power of the NFL that the most popular or most interesting team in the biggest league in the country can be from Kansas City, Missouri.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Like that, it isn't it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Happen about peace. Think about this. Here's the sixth biggest brands in the NFL, arguably now Kansas City, Buffalo, Baltimore, Green Bay.
Speaker 2: The Celtics approach of being like we are going to play the fourth quarter of a playoff game the exact style we would play the first quarter of a February game is just that's not staying true to who you are. That's being ridiculous.
Speaker 1: That would be.
Speaker 2: As if the Chiefs at their heyday of the when Tyreek was there and everything, when they were just high flying and didn't.
Speaker 3: Have a good defense, if they when.
Speaker 2: They were up ten in the fourth quarter of a playoff game, they're like, bombs away, this is what we do. That's not smart. That's not staying true to who you are.
Speaker 1: That's why when the Miami Dolphins have Jalen Waddle and Tyreek Kill. That works in September and October. But as the weather gets windy and coal and the all the best AFC teams plan lousy weather. What you really need to do, and this is a little bit of a flaw with Mike McDaniels, is what you really need to do is start to change your offense about Thanksgiving because you're going to have to go to Baltimore, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Buffalo. And so what happens is this is what we do. We throw it downfield. Will you have a small, modest armed quarterback and you're still trying and then you try to pivot to know it's too late. And so it was always funny watching the Dolphins and I'm like, guys, you're falling in love with September and October football. This stuff works. Then the NFL think about this, name the last Dome dynasty in the NFL. Name the last warm weather dynasty. They don't exist. Marino never want to ring right because eventually you become a very warm weather offense. The Chargers with Dan Fouts were electric.
Speaker 2: So that this is a sneaky important thing, and this is just random luck of the moment as far as who's good, because you're exactly right that the AFC, all the excellent teams are outdoor, shitty weather, so like, and I think that oddly likely works against the Houston Texans ability to compete for championships in that they're not going unless they get home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They're just not going to be conditioned playing in the AFC South and playing in a dome. The NFC is the opposite, and it is such a unique potential edge Philadelphia has.
Speaker 3: So if you're the Eagles, yep.
Speaker 2: And for the time being now, maybe Washington will get great. They were really good last year, and maybe the Giants will get great, Maybe the Bears will get great, maybe the Packers will get great. So this all can change. But for the time being, for the Eagles, last few years, they rams Detroit, San Francisco, Dallas, whoever wins the South, Tampa. So they are in a spot where if we can get home field, whoever's coming here ain't built for this shit, right, So like in the AFC, home field matters a little less for the Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, Cincinnati because it's like all right, no matter what, this is gonna be a pain in the ass, tough, like we're all we're all built our teams knowing that the NFC, it's just how it turned where the Lions are in a dome and the Rams have so that can change, but for the time being, it makes it to wear for Philadelphia's specific thickly home field advantage is wildly valuable, wildly valuable.
Speaker 1: So I want to throw something out here. It's I want to go back to the NBA and and Draymond Green obviously part of the volume, and you know, there's certainly an argument he's I think he's the best defensive player ever. I mean his ability to take Shangoon out of games to give I mean give to give Yannis massive problems. Now to give you the greatness of Jokich. He just waves the white flag on Jokich, just like I can't do anything either could Anthony Davis. By the way, Anthony would hold him to twenty eight and Anthony was like, I played really good and he did, so I mean jokicch's I mean, Draymond gives Yannis issues. He gives everybody issues. But one of the brilliant things about Draymond, and I think it's purposeful and intentional. He moves the line so it's almost like, if you're a parent, you don't want to yell at your kids all the time. So the the kid that's a little inappropriate is constantly consciously or subconsciously testing his parents what he can get away with, and at some time, at some point, you as a parent will be harder on the good natured, to well behave kid, of course, who infrequently makes a mistake, then the kid that's always in trouble. When I watched Draymond play, Mike Green, Breen pointed this out. Draymond has moved a line that he did something the other night where people on the air were defending him, and I'm like, nobody would get away saying I've said this for a long time, So listen, Draymond.
Speaker 2: And I have a very relationship complicated the right word. But it's complicated because I am very tight with a number of people who love Draymond Green, who swear by Draymond Green who and Draymond does not, you know, have an affinity for me, and I have been critical of him in the past, but everyone people whose opinion I really trust and value say off the court, one of the best dudes ever, So it's a weird dynamic there. Simultaneously, I have said that I thought he should have won three straight Defensive Player of the Year awards back when Kawhi won two of them, and I do think he is one of the most brilliant defensive players of all time. And I'm on the record that I thought he, not Clay, was the second most important person of the pre KD Warriors.
Speaker 1: So all that's there.
Speaker 2: Here is the other piece of it. There is no player in NBA history who is given more leeway than and this is an important qualifier Draymond Green after getting one technical. Sometimes I think the Warriors are their most dangerous if Draymond gets a technical early. And I know Draymond is his most devastating defensively when he has five fouls, because if Draymond gets to five fouls, he does not file out at six, he fouls out at nine, he gets three more off damn it, like we're gonna let it go. And Draymond with one technical can follow the ref up and down the court doing anything, and a ref doesn't want to throw him out, and so there is no question that the guys the NBA refs do a I think one of the things they need to do better about is guys who never complain get a quick trigger on text the one time they do, and guys who always whine and yell and complain. The refs seem to turn a deaf ear to with the it. Oddly, it doesn't really feel like it applies to Luca, because I think Luca actually really irritates the refs because here's the difference between Luca and Draymond. Draymond is complaining or yelling about calls that go against him. Luca is yelling about calls he does not get. And for some reason, I think refs are way more bothered by what Luca does than what Draymond does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Luca is saying you missed it. Draymond is arguing I didn't the effort, but.
Speaker 3: Right exactly Draymond. Draymond is saying I'm innocent.
Speaker 2: Luca is saying you're guilty, And so the refs seem to hate Luca, and with Draymond, they're like, ah, Draymond's being Draymond. But there's also it's not just it's not just on text. I'm gonna tell like, people can look up the game log and they will see it. It's a really so Draymond right now has two flagrant foul points or and you're suspended that happened him in twenty sixteen. You get one for a flagrant one, you get two for a flagrant two. In Warriors Rockets game seven, early on, Draymond got fouled and then swiped his hand and hit I think it was Fred, it was definitely it was Fred van Vliet, and the refs went and reviewed it and they said foul on Fred van Vliet and then dead technical on Draymond for hitting him in the face, with the justification being it can't be a flagrant because the play was over technically over by a quarter of a second, so it's a technical. The very next game played in the NBA, Jokich got fouled by lou Dort and Jokic hit him in the head, and the refs went and reviewed it and they said foul on lou Dort, flagrant on Joker, And I'm like, that is the exact thing that Draymond literally the exact thing, and it was a different rule interpretation, and that was I know it In my bones because the refs were aware, Oh shit, Draymond is a If we give him this flagrant, then on his next flagrant, which he is guaranteed to get at some point, he'll be suspended for a game. So let's just give him a technical and so listen, if you can get away with it, it's smart. He can get away with it. And when Draymond there was just a I should have pulled it. There was an amazing graphic today, one of those little dot charts where it was players since the two minute report has existed, players who have benefited the most, and it was like Mahomes one of the NFL quarterback charts, like where there's like a whole bunch of dots here on this line and then right here's Mahomes through five years or whatever where he breaks the chart. It was Draymond that not a by three standard deviations. No player has had more calls where the two minute report says, yeah, that should have been a foul on them and we missed.
Speaker 3: It than Draymon.
Speaker 2: He so he he has ye mind melded the refs into I'm your great defender, I probably didn't fall him and gets away with all of it.
Speaker 3: And it's and I give him credit because it's the only.
Speaker 2: Way to the only way a guy with his shooting ability, his height, his limited athleticism could become a first ballot Hall of Famer is playing this way.
Speaker 3: And he did it. He's done it.
Speaker 1: Finally, you gotta bless Dallas Cowboy fans heart. They're so excited for George Pickens. And I was saying this today when Kyle Shanahan said, I can't make Trey Lance work. I made Matt shab a pro bowler, Brock Prudy, I got into a Super Bowl, Garoppolo, I got to a Super Bowl. I can't make Trey Lance work. And the Cowboys were like, ooh, here's a fourth round pick. Okay. When Warren Buffett says, be careful with bitcoin, I'm careful with bitcoin. When Mike Tomlin says about a receiver, listen, I can't make it work, Chase Claypool, ab Martevius Bryan, I mean, the list goes on GANA Johnson. If Mike Tomlin, who is two things, great motivator and incredibly patient with immature players. When Mike says, yeah, guys, I'm out doubt. But Jerry, this is a personality trait. Jerry loves to save. He loves to give people jobs that need him. Chan Gaily, Mike McCarthy, Jason Garrett, Brian Schottenheimer. They feel like Jerry Jerry is saving, that he's giving him job that's not available. McCarthy couldn't get interviews parcels and Jimmy Johnson didn't need him that war. Jimmy out Dak Prescott fourth round. He loves hey, Tony Romo undrafted. Cowboys never draft quarterbacks in the first round. They don't need. So when he goes and gets George Pickens, who the reputation is out basically Tomlin, I'm out. Jerry's like, I'm here, I'll make it work. I think this is Jerry's wild catting oil days where he would hunt for gems, and I think that is literally his mindset with coaches and sometimes draft picks and players, is that he feels like Pickens, he's he's the rest of the league is out. I am in, and I don't think long term. I think that's why the Cowboys are where the Cowboys are currently in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I think that George Pickens is one of the more overrated players in the whole league. And the reason I feel that way is because I think certain football fans this is one of my this is one of my favorite and kind of relatively newest to which is talent has become wildly overrated, and particularly particularly in the NFL. Obviously you need a requisite level of talent. That goes without saying, however, this idea that talent is some cure all when this guy has been a pain in the ass every step.
Speaker 3: Of his football life. It is why he fell on the draft.
Speaker 2: It is why you were hearing rumors about him being available during his second year. During his third year, he was traded here. It is the he It's you know, when you are potentially trying to get a contract in the offseason and your team is in the middle of a losing streak and you show up to the Christmas Day game against the Kansas City Chiefs ninety minutes before kickoff. You show up three hours before your TV show Colin you have two hundred and twenty of them a year, he's got seventeen football games, and he is like, you're just not a serious person and you're not going to contribute to winning the way your talent says you should, And so there's that. There is also the fact that trading a third round pick for a player with one year left on his contract means you probably should give him a contract extension. The only thing worse, in my opinion, than trading a third round pick for one year of George Pickens than letting him be a free agent, is giving that guy fifty million guarantee. So the Cowboys put themselves in a position where it's no win. Do we pay this guy early when he has never He's never been the top ten in the NFL anything. He's like, his career numbers are pedestrian. He's never out paced his production, has never outpaced his targets, and he is he quits and is a million gets unnecessary, a million problems there, So you can't pay him.
Speaker 3: But the other thing you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Do is a smart franchise is keep trading these mid round picks for rentals. And so I two years ago Colin the Chiefs ended up winning the Super Bowl. But two years ago, when the Chiefs had nothing but drops everywhere and the receivers couldn't do anything, Pickens was available then, and Wilds and Bru couldn't believe me.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't want him.
Speaker 2: I was like, the Chiefs already are on thin ice with Kadarius Tony, like they you know, and they got They got the Chiefs trade for Canarius Tony. They gave up a fifth round pick. He had three years left on his deal and that's still listen. He had the amazing partner turn of the Super Bowl, but he's still ultimately can't get right. Guys can't get right, and so I'm not a Pickens guy. I also think he's a somewhat overrated player. And I also think, for if Mike Tomlin had a hard time keeping him inside the lines, Brian Schottenheimer in his first year as a head coach, how much of Brian Schottenheimer's time is gonna be about Mike's podcast and whatever the hell George Pickens did?
Speaker 3: A lot of it is the answer to that,