Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor Set, De Montrey More and new E Scrugs.
Speaker 4: Victory Monday, coming to you from Pricisco, Texas, home of the Dallas Cowboys. It is Players Lounge. But do you buy aristocratic game?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Two former players with us today. We've got Anthony dor Set in the house. His dad, the legend Tony Dorset, number thirty three that had legends this weekend in the building.
Speaker 5: Barry Church was going on in the building. He was there. I was up in there.
Speaker 4: Church teammates and the Church was there. He was there, Dan Bailey was over there. Bailey was there. Vanders shut there you boy, Dad's got it. Push everybody out the way, all the TV media. He could Oh man, you had a sign put me on. He was on everything.
Speaker 5: We had it. So he came in there. He can put me on the building. I'm ready. If he had wanted to shy away from the camera, I mean we might had a seat fun there. There came in I was hilarious.
Speaker 4: Thank goodness, the Cowboys won the game to't embarrass themselves in front of all you legends. Forty four to twenty two is the final over Washington. Cowboys now improved three three and one and moved into second place in the division. The defense did what they needed to do based off the embarrassment against Carolina. Then show pride, guys, they show Probably you guys are both defenders here, give me your take on the DEFENSI performance.
Speaker 6: Hey man, the defense definitely raised their level multiple levels this week, and I gotta give them a lot of credit. I don't want to take anything from Washington, even though Washington was a little bit beat up, but just to see the secondary played the way they did, the line played the way did in the linebackers, it was. It was one of the most complete games, if not the most complete game the defense has had so far this season.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I gotta agree with you there when you look at it defensively, you know, all three levels played good. You know, we saw how beat up the Trenches got in that Carolina matchup, which was you know, now they just got punked on that game.
Speaker 5: But this game, you know, I talked to Ezaku.
Speaker 7: I talked to Kenny Clark, you know, after the game, and they said, man, look, you know we took that personal. You know what Rico was able to do against those boys, they took it personal. They went into the lab or or a film study and corrected what they you know, what mishaps they had in that first game.
Speaker 5: So for me, you know, they played outstanding.
Speaker 7: The coverage was sticky, and I'm glad Iberfluce isn't one of those coaches that's like, you know what, this is my system. You guys better be able to play with my system, all right, or you ain't playing. He heard, you know, the whispers out there. Players want more man and man coverage. They want to go out there and switch things up a little bit.
Speaker 5: And that's exactly what they did. He he died.
Speaker 7: Listen to digs and they played man the man, and the coverage was sticky, you know, clown he was able to get get his get off on there and had his first sack as a rock.
Speaker 5: So they played well.
Speaker 7: As a unit, but plain sticky, sticky coverages everything out there for Washington, even the catches they had was were contested, Like the defensive backs were right on the hip and.
Speaker 5: Making things hard for the wide receivers out there.
Speaker 4: Contrast to you know, five six weeks before that, where you've seen wide receivers running with ten yards separation from these dbs.
Speaker 5: So they were sticky out there.
Speaker 7: Elam playing who I think he had an outstanding game out there, and I forget who.
Speaker 5: The outside one it was he had.
Speaker 7: He played well, he played well, but I will say, you know, we got to keep it real on the players lines.
Speaker 5: This is what we do. Uh.
Speaker 7: You know, the receivers they were going to get not having Deebo Samuel, not having Scary Terry. You know, two of your three best players Brown out, Noel Brown was out, they had Luke McCaffrey, and you know some guys they had brought up. So you know, you can only play who's in front of you. The defense did well, but you know, got to keep everything in perspective.
Speaker 4: Hey, look, that's what you're supposed to do, right. Nobody was giving you a break. You have Cdeelam against Carolina. I should have made a difference to the and I lost by by three points last week.
Speaker 5: So this is what it is.
Speaker 4: Nobody is going to give you any pity in the national Football League, I roll what you gotta roll with. So they did their job forty four to twenty two. And then you bring it Marcus Mariota because they put Daniels out the game, which give the defense credit. They put the quarterback out of the game. Mariota comes and throws that foolish ball and Bland took that thing backfield.
Speaker 5: Don't do it. Don't do it, you know.
Speaker 6: But but like we said, Bland is that dude man when he gets his hands on the balls, on the ball, pause the ball, like like everybody has a fifty to fifty chance of actually scoring, but he's almost like sixty forty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, every time you get his hands of the ball.
Speaker 6: So and it's good to see him out there looking like he's healthy as well, you know. And unfortunately, you know, Diggs asked for the man, the man this week, he wasn't able to be out there. But just like you said when you was talking about sticky, we talking about dudes being either upfield or under up upfield shoulder or under or underfield shoulder, which we call you know what I'm saying. And like as as a corner in the league, you know, if anytime you're in that hip pocket or you.
Speaker 5: Could be upfielder almost to that hip.
Speaker 6: But like Church said, you're always going to be in a good place to make a player on the ball.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you this, a d because you was a guy that played all over the secondary corner, you know, Nickels safety position. We saw d ron Bland go from the outside corner spot to the inside corner spot and still you know, had a dominant performance out there. Can you, you know, explain to everybody, you know how big it is to be able to have position flex one and to the importance of having a guy like Darron Blind for your defense man.
Speaker 5: So a lot of people ain't gonna remember this name.
Speaker 6: I'm throwing it out there, and we were remembering you will because he's Pittsburgh dude.
Speaker 5: Cardinal Lake.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, all right, yeah yeah, like like inspector gadget dude could play anywhere on the field. Basically almost call him like a pop borner dude. You know what I'm saying. Just line him up now. The thing about having a dB who can play all those positions, whether it be inside, outside, or get back there.
Speaker 5: The safety thing. It does so much for your defense.
Speaker 6: But at the same time, having a having a utility knife like that if you want to call it, you know, and a guy who doesn't have to come out the game. First of all, he can slide inside, he can stay outside. And one of the things that people gotta understand, like that nickel position is one of the hardest positions to play in football, all Right. You basically always got a two way go. Your leverage has to be like incredible, and you really got to know where your help is. And a lot of times your help might just be the sideline or a placement of a backer sitting somewhere, just giving you some some like some some body.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: To have a guy like Blad be able to come back and start playing, now, man, that's helping out the whole secondary in a lot of different ways.
Speaker 4: Blaying with that sixty eight yard interception his first pick six since he set the NFL single season record in twenty twenty three against Washington. So there you go again. He's got six career pick sixes. That's the most by any NFL player in his first four seasons and the most career picked sixes in franchise history.
Speaker 5: So that's crazy.
Speaker 4: What man doing is sensational, and if you're a Cowboy fan. You can feel good because they got him do a contract so he will not be at the end of the season.
Speaker 5: So that's one guy who is in the fold there.
Speaker 4: As the Cowboys win forty four to twenty two, they move into second place behind Philadelphia in the NFC East and Washington falls into third. And man, I really, really, really really want to talk to my boy Donnelle Rawlings aka Ashy Larry before the season as she and I did an interview. Okay, and he's a big Washington fan. Really, I can tell you a hater hat you just wait, just wait, you're gonna see You're gonna see that. You're gonna see it. I'm like, let me help you out. I've seen this from you guys. Before his name was RG three. You had the hope and change. You felt all good. Then what happened after that rookie season. He was never the same. I saw Daniel's going to the locker room. Where's Ashley Larry? Now Donnelle's coming back here to town. Like, man, I had a little conversation with you. Just wait, we're gonna get a Cowboys something. No, you didn't now, you didn't know you didn't, boy, And so here it is. Man, I want to say he's RG three. Hope not, I hope not. But boy, you know you know how they do. Man, they get all excited to d n v ah, we got it. I gots I gots I got Now that's what that was his worry.
Speaker 5: You know, coming in there.
Speaker 4: Everybody you know, they productivity off the change. But he's a you know, a slender bill guy who took a lot of hits. If i'm him, I'm I'm I'm getting Lamar Jackson on the line, Like how how you go about? Because you see Lamar and Jackson, he doesn't really take punish him. He just kind of finds a way to fall, kind of the way to get out of bound. That's for sliding, and that is crazy speed, crazy speed. And so you guys are defenders. Two things came to my mind. One, everybody all sees and check him out. And then I go back to what Swago wants told me. He said, we catch everybody, gonna get caught. Eventually, we're gonna get you may get us once two times he said we get everybody.
Speaker 5: I don't think he was one hundred percent coming.
Speaker 6: He had that brace on yeah, you know, and then dealing with a hamstring and the knee thing, like was it his knee.
Speaker 5: To or is it just his hand in the spring he might have had a knee spring something.
Speaker 6: So so that being said, you know not But like I said, I ain't trying to take away nothing from the Cowboys because they played a good game, but just knowing that DC came in here on the limp lead, and but the Cowboys did what they were supposed to do. Finally when the opportunity.
Speaker 4: Inside of the ball, which this way, if they couldn't be the team that was this injured right coming off of Carolina loss, this would have really been bad. We just said a whole bunch of stuff. But okay, they did they did their part. And and right now, I mean, you guys know all of them are big and small. Ain't no little ones in the league. So you get ten wins, got seven more wins. I got seven more wins and I got ten games.
Speaker 5: Have to do it. So I mean, they come on that, you know, MVP Street going, Man, come on, man, ain't no way they got tougher made it. I mean, I ain't gonna lie. It's tough this week tough now, yeah, gonna be tough. So you ever played you know, I mean, oh yeah, he was in the division. That's that's a tough place.
Speaker 6: Man, take an ash, they say, take that ass and help them out your blood a little bit.
Speaker 5: But regardless, if you ain't used to playing it, you just used to playing nuts. Man, Yeah, that's gonna be It's gonna be a good game. I got a good defense over there. Hey, you be real defensive player of the year over there. That's true. Who are you locking down? He's gonna take somebody out.
Speaker 4: Somebody getting getting shadow and now somebody getting shadow one going.
Speaker 6: Another one might be double team. Who they need to Who would you shadow shadow?
Speaker 5: If it's me, you asked me, I get eighty eight? Man, he does. It's too much.
Speaker 4: He's X y Z slot with with pickings. I mean he's a dog too, so it's kind of like pick your poison.
Speaker 5: But exactly that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm throwing a safety, a little safety over top of pickings. But I'm certain I need you. I need to do what you gotta do against eighty eight. That's that's if I was the decent and I.
Speaker 6: Agree with Church, but it really just take one of them out. It don't matter, nobody one of them. So you have a better and so the Broncos would have a better chance of trying to do anything on defense because if both of.
Speaker 5: Them boys is rolling curtains.
Speaker 4: Curtains, man, I don't know, man, Pickings man, I mean what he did the sauce, man, it.
Speaker 5: Sauce had to eat.
Speaker 4: You know, he played well, he played No sauce is like a picture out there.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: He struck out seven, but you get through the wrong ball and it got deposited out there for a three shot, you know, right right.
Speaker 5: I mean that's that's that Pickings man.
Speaker 4: That dude is just okay at some point and then I think about how how the matchup that he was drawing the defensive penalties and would not and then allow CD to go ahead.
Speaker 5: And get get loose. I mean, I love, I love some pick but he does so well. And I've seen rare you know, wide receivers be able to do this. Moss was amazing at it.
Speaker 7: But when you're trailing, you know, a wide receiver, which means a defensive back is like in his hip pocket like a step back and door.
Speaker 5: Say you know about this, you know you're tied.
Speaker 7: When the receiver puts his hands up or goes to catch the football, you know, that's when you that's when you reach for the pass breakup. That's if you're out of phase, you reach for the pass. Bakeup, break the pocket, try to get you incomplete pass.
Speaker 4: But with Pickings on those deep balls, his hands come out so late, like it's hit the ball literally like helmet, and he's able to just snap and it's hard for a defensive back to see that late hand, those late hands, and then one of you know, put his hand off to break the pass up.
Speaker 5: It's tough, man, and I've rarely seen receivers be able to do it at that lest So when you talk about when they're putting their hands out, they put it out so late.
Speaker 7: So yeah, yeah, yeah, and then he's running in the last second boom let me And it's like, man, I.
Speaker 6: Knew this boy was when they signed Pickings, if y'all remember I said it early on, I'm like, hey, man, this dude is about to be something like I Like, I just knew and hoping that that they would find a way for these two to be able to play together like and rub off each other more so than anything, Like, yeah, this is literally one of the most dynamic and dangerous receiving corps in the league.
Speaker 4: With just those two dudes, Ceedee Lamb finished with five catches one hundred and ten yards, one of those being his thirty ninth career receiving touchdown. In the game, Man surpassed seven thousand yards from scrimmage, the fastest wide receiving franchise history, eighty five games to reach that seven thousand scrimmage mark there, and then he had that seventy four yard or the second longest of his career. Pickens caught four passes for eighty two yards, including a forty four yard reception, and also just his ability to go ahead and get flags thrown and was it put the ball on the two?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I mean, look yeah.
Speaker 4: And then don't tell mean so so to me, if I'm I'm I'm gonna go with Pickens, If I'm go over there and and we'll just have to figure out how to double I'll double CD and just get one one.
Speaker 5: On one Pickings. I mean, you could go that route.
Speaker 7: And then we also talked about targets last week, and like I mean, first of all, Dak one of the smartest quarterbacks, great leaders. He understands how to distribute the football and make everybody happy. But I like this this target share. I think it was eight to CD and I think Pickens maybe he has six or seven.
Speaker 5: But that's I mean, that's a that's a great balance. Plus then get busy.
Speaker 4: So it's like, man, they really make it hard for defenses. But I told you that's what I thought that was, That's what it was going to be. You know, that Giant game was just kind of an outlier there first time out, and then then Shoddy admitted. So I got to figure out a way to get pickings more balls here. So when you talk about the targets, CD had eight, Pickings had six, Ferguson had seven.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's that's top three options. That's reading the ball.
Speaker 4: Twenty one twenty one pass attempts, they're twenty one, Yeah, twenty one catches.
Speaker 5: For two hundred and six and four yards as a team.
Speaker 4: Then just when it came to run the football, thirty one rushers one hundred and fifty yards for the Cowboys. So that's that is what you want. That's winning for me. A balance, that's what you want right there. But yeah, so CD with five catches, Pickings with four catches, Ferguson with seven catches, Ferguson with two touchdown, CD with a touchdown.
Speaker 6: There, you just everybody happy, everybody, everybody eat, everybody productive.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, unfortunately, you know, Turp only had one catch or seventeen yards, but he only had one catch. Your man, Jalen Tolbert was just one catch.
Speaker 5: But you gotta it.
Speaker 4: Gotta be a good feeling knowing that. You know, I know those old guys only had a catch here and a catch there, but you know they have the ability to go out there and do work.
Speaker 5: We've seen it.
Speaker 4: When CD went down, you know, Turt was able to step up, Filinoy was able to step up. So it's just so many different weapons you can throw at defenses, in different styles in which you can go at defenses, which makes it extremely hard to prepare for the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Jalen Tolbert with one catch, Jayde Blue with.
Speaker 4: One catch, Hunter Limpkei, and Fonte Williams with with one catch there. So those are the targets that Dak got. So the receiver room gets interesting this week. We'll explain that when we come back here right on the players not I'm going to distrest the.
Speaker 5: Barry Church Anthony dor set.
Speaker 4: This is Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 8: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the camps of City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 5: Hey, their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 2: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gambl e r for twenty one over.
Speaker 9: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys to drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys Collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless speak of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot com and Boss retail stores hashtags be your Own Boss.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 5: Back to the Players Lounge. You were about a basp.
Speaker 4: And go support the troops with the official Salute to Service collection shop jerseys, hoodies, teas, and more. Visit pro Shop a pro shop near you, or log on a shop dot Dallas Cowboys dot Com a Fanatics experience.
Speaker 5: So you know, man, if you ain't playing this week, that's cool.
Speaker 4: You get to you get to get the fresh gear Manute the Service.
Speaker 5: Which they sell out of all the time. Quick.
Speaker 4: Gotta get that while you can get it while you can't. Players not about you by Aristocrat Game. It's Berry Church. You got Anthony Jr. Set former NFL player, I have new he scrutch so bruh. Jonathan Mingo's coming back this week. Mingo Steve Jones said they're about to activate him the wide receiver room.
Speaker 5: He is about to get busy more people. So somebody's gonna have somebody gonna be uh in that sou serve. Somebody go in that hobody. Gonna be a bottel this week with the hoodie.
Speaker 4: I just don't know who how so, so we said, well, bringos being brought up. So he's gonna be He's gonna be on the fifty three. It's just It's like, man, how you everyone else has shown the ability to do something. We all know about Pickings, we all know about Lamb turping, Tobarts even stepped up.
Speaker 5: Flinoy has stepped up and done something. Nothing that gets Mingo. But we just haven't seen anything.
Speaker 4: You know, productivity wise from him, especially in the Dallas Cowboys uniform and then in Carolina, you know, he was all the way down and maybe fourth and fifth on the depth.
Speaker 5: So you're trying to say you're grabbing the salute.
Speaker 4: You know, if it's it's if it's me, and I can only go about what I see on the field. Man, he might be in that, you know, salute the service. So shoting Heiber's talking today. So shot Himer talks today right here, three forty five. So locker rooms open to two forty five, Shoddy, three forty five, and that's.
Speaker 5: Gonna be a question. He's gonna get asked about it.
Speaker 4: So Steven Jones already came out of the radio said, you're gonna go activate Mingo. The windows open, so you know they're gonna put him on and put him up.
Speaker 5: So hey, but does he get a jersey?
Speaker 6: But that room is already clicking yeah, you know, and my and it's somebody I bring him up.
Speaker 5: But is it necessary right now? And it's clearly not necessary right now? Big target.
Speaker 10: I could see if he was like a demon on special teams like he was, you know, coming down on kickoff or with the gunner or something where it was like, oh, he's gonna make an impact for us, but we haven't seen it.
Speaker 5: We gotta take targets away from somebody else. We're gonna get take this guy off the field. And you know, I just and do.
Speaker 4: We think it's it's the fourth round pick that that was giving up for him.
Speaker 5: That's the reason he made because it's.
Speaker 4: Like, man, and he's gonna be here. Man, So they haven't seen him. So so I mean it's really between gotta be between Tolbert and Illinois and they both got you got CD got pickings.
Speaker 5: That's your two right there. Got he's gonna have to that's three.
Speaker 4: Okay, So now we're looking at you know, we're going five is between Jalen Tober from noy Mingo. If the Nooyd shown he came out people calling it the mile Loston game, which was nowhere near that.
Speaker 5: But he didn't have a catch last year, he didn't. He didn't did he have a tarkground? Uh? You know what, I didn't see that.
Speaker 6: That's and that's that's the thing. To not have a catch is one thing. To not have any targets right.
Speaker 5: Now, right now, right now, I'm not seeing a target in this way.
Speaker 4: But you know, I'm just saying, I mean, you know, Shoty always talks about what's practiced about here?
Speaker 5: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: And okay, so you guys have played. Now so if you're mingo, do you go over to the special teams? Coach put that punt team? You just I mean, you got you know, what do you do to try and get till you're not in a salute the service?
Speaker 6: You better you better prove that you got some value around here for real, just like we already know, like you listened to the top three receivers on this team already, and then after that it's gonna go to the tight end, all right. So like literally, if if we're going to be talking about bringing you up, just like Church said, your impact, if it ain't gonna be out here catching them balls like on the offense, it better be making some players on the special teams or make an impact somewhere else.
Speaker 4: So I gotta go with I gotta go with Toborth because Tober can also play. You know, he gonna return. That's between one. So it's between Flinoy and Mingo.
Speaker 5: I was liking Flinoy. I ain't on front Fido's play. He's played well.
Speaker 4: The opportunity he came and CD went down, he took full advantage of it. And so when you see that on tape, you know it like, Okay, this guy can help our team. When you look at Mingo on tape, I mean outside of maybe some practices that you got on film, you really.
Speaker 5: Don't have nothing to worse.
Speaker 4: Like, man, we gotta get that guy a parashoulder pads on Sunday.
Speaker 6: Well, maybe right now the pressure is on him and maybe he might feel like he needed to get out there and do something.
Speaker 5: So then what is a practice?
Speaker 4: Like then, when you know, between Illinois and Mingo, most likely it's between one of you two to get to get a jersey on Sunday, what is the practice? It's me and let's just say I'm Mingo or something and I'm trying.
Speaker 5: To get out there. This is just me personally.
Speaker 4: Man, give me, give me a scout Team Beanie, and I might go over there and try to try to roastuff the top defense when you guys get hey, they're gonna be man. When you need those passing routes, I may do that because outside of that, what reps are you gonna see? You know, with the ones with CD and George and then you're not gonna crack that. You may get a rep here and there, and that rep may just be a run play where you're blocking. So in order for them to go out there and see something, you may have to go ahead and put that Scout Team Beanie on and try to get busy on the ones. I mean that, that's that's what my thinking like that.
Speaker 6: I mean that's and like you said, get real comfortable for me to specific, hey man, what can I be on? Like who need to take a break and like and basically you ain't more or less trying to take a position from nobody. But if it's a starter out there, hey man, I could spell you on this kickoff coverage or whatever the case. Just try to figure try to figure out a role to fit yourself into the game. At this point, I.
Speaker 7: Used to hope one of them lose because I play safety'll kickoff. I used to hope I got you for this rep. Oh yeah, go ahead, especially offensive guy.
Speaker 6: I used to be the gunner and run down on gunner and stay out on deefen.
Speaker 5: You did that.
Speaker 4: You you sprinting forty fifty year old making the tackle possibly and then you got to turn around.
Speaker 6: And that is like literally playing gunner back like when I first got in the league, Like when they didn't have that out rule.
Speaker 5: I don't think you get it out was getting out there. We scrimmaged the Cowboys my rookie year.
Speaker 6: Darren Woodson and Kevin Smith put James Jet on the gatorade table.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 6: Like when I say took him to the table, I mean took him to the table.
Speaker 5: Not the jet. Yes, and put him under the gatorade table. Yeah it was. It was would throw no. And so this that was actually my first year in Oakland. Okay.
Speaker 6: So then my first time scrimmage and the Cowboys we like, you know, in the team scrimmage. Wood and Pup come out there again, a little hawk. That's what they tell me before. We're gonna we're gonna let you get down the field. We're gonna let it look good. But you ain't gonna make the play me. I'm young and domm a rookie. I'm like, man, I'm about to get by the dude man hitting me up so quick with a little hawk. We already told you what it was. Shut out, shut out. We're gonna let you get down the field. And that's all it was. If you If people don't understand how big Darren Wilson was as a dB when he got.
Speaker 5: In his press stance, you couldn't see around that man. Yeah, you couldn't see around him.
Speaker 6: So that that dude was like taking up inside in outside leverage at one.
Speaker 5: Time and he could move to that run. Boy. Yeah, that's wow.
Speaker 4: Mmmmmm what he's up once again for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. So three super Bowl rings with the Cowboys, So good luck, good luck to him. But you it's gonna be interesting. This is this is a problem that the Dallas Cowboys did not have last year or even the year before. That is a receiving room problem. Who can really earn and get themselves a jersey on side? And this may not come into play, but you know, does Dak presotta have a better connection with one of these.
Speaker 5: Guys, Like I mean, with Filloinnoyd. We know he does.
Speaker 7: He went out there with eight receptions over one hundred and fourteen. It's just a whole bunch of different factors that could go into it.
Speaker 4: And now this is one where where other podcasts I do on the media match, two people are in favor of trading Tolbert and their thought process is, try to go get a linebacker, try to go get some help. You're not gonna you're not going to pay Jalen Tolbert to come back. Mingo is under contract, he'll be back. So if you've got this issue in your room, how do you address it? And at the same time, how can you help your defense? But I come back into the situation of who wants him?
Speaker 5: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: What has he done that says, hey, look, give me one of your linebackers who can play and help.
Speaker 5: But US ain't gonna take anybody. You know, you're gonna want somebody that can at least contribute on your team. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now I haven't scattered you know, any rosters or anything like that, But just that's the thought process for some people say, hey, look, you know you've got to gluttony of receivers here. But I also come into this. All right, Lamb got hurt once, so what if he gets hurt again? Yeah, where George get hurting? And that same thing. You know, we're talking seventeen games here. You know, you're you're still in October. You ain't got to November yet, much less December. So if you have an issue here, Jalen Tobert knows the playbook. Yes, Dak does trust him. Yeah, you know so. So that's the other thing I'm always wary of of trying to just say, hey, let's move on from a guy. I remember the Green Bay super Bowl that they played over in Arlington at Jerry World, and in that game, dude, dudes are dropping.
Speaker 5: Charles Wilson went down. The castle's going down that game.
Speaker 4: They they lost two receivers. So at the end of the game, man, it was dude's in seeing out there. Aaron Rodgers made it work. But this premise of hey man, we can move guys on, I'm always kind of like, if you like what you have and you don't have to and there's no real return out of it. Now, if you were able to get a serviceable linebacker who could play, let's say, a guy who's better than Jack Sanborn.
Speaker 5: Then you can think about it, but you gotta find it. That's that's the different.
Speaker 7: And lastly, I mean but real quick, it's also that can come into play, is you know who do you not want to lose? More So, let's just say, you know, one of these guys go down to you know, peace squad. Are you afraid that you know somebody's gonna come in the peace squad and pick them off? You know out of the mingos filinoyan So I don't see to Bard going back down there. But you know, one of those other guys you put down there, you know, you make it.
Speaker 4: You can't expect they cannot expose those guys now, you just you're keeping them up. It's just a matter of so at this point time, to me, Flinoy's on your team.
Speaker 5: I'm not putting on practice squad.
Speaker 4: It's just a matter of who gets who's gonna get the solutions, wearing that wearing that camel, the prolo, who's your model, who's your Mottley man?
Speaker 5: You know, who's the hype? Who got the new era? Had the fresh new era?
Speaker 6: Havegh right?
Speaker 4: By the way, you got the Lakers black and the Lakers brown. I mean you do live in Dallas foot work. I'm a Lebron fast.
Speaker 5: You know, I know I know that. I know that you say, Kobe.
Speaker 4: I know that's you know, that's you know, I know how you feel. But I'm just saying I'm a Lebron guy.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 5: We had to talk about that later. We have to get he has.
Speaker 12: And the.
Speaker 5: Dirty work Broun dirty. I don't want to say that.
Speaker 4: Dirrus. You know Russ said about him, Russ Rus. Oh, yeah, Russ got a lot of interesting during the break. I'll let you guys know. Yeah, Russ, Russ got after Braun and that dirty work Church.
Speaker 5: This is the players like het their Cowboys nation.
Speaker 2: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, A Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one.
Speaker 12: Over Life is a workout that Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 5: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 12: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 13: It's game day and raising games. If you want to order like a chanel, it's actually off the field.
Speaker 5: You need to focus on.
Speaker 13: The only play you're running is chicken. So what conbo are you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane sauce and jugs are freshly made tea and lemonade, all available.
Speaker 5: To order online or on our app.
Speaker 13: This season is about to be unbeatable, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love.
Speaker 11: Hey Cowboy fans. Keith Davis here forming Cowboys, Saving Davis the you know what separates Hamptons from the rest, Making the right move at the right moment. The blockchain dot Com. That's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking bold when it mattered most. Now it's your team invests like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys.
Speaker 5: To the players Line.
Speaker 4: Cowboys Nation head to Miller Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium for a free watch party presented by seven eleven. Watched the Dallas Cowboys face off against the Broncos in Denver on Sunday, October twenty sixth.
Speaker 5: That's this Sunday door.
Speaker 4: Is gonna open it two pm kickoff three twenty five and enjoy performances by the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, samples, five dollar Miller lights, and more.
Speaker 5: Claim your free ticket at Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Dot Com Slash Watch Party.
Speaker 5: I see, I see what you're doing.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: You're trying. You're trying to draw me outside question. I am man, I am about this. Man.
Speaker 4: You can't bronze sexuals over here. Bronze Sexuals one which Cleveland had got that new hair that one not two, not three.
Speaker 5: Two. I think he's too put your had on, Dirk, Dirk, Dirk beat Bron. Get I gotta get a gotta get a new era era MAVs. Al Right, where would you put broad, dude? How you feel? Top seventy five? Man on a team? Come on, man, team man, dude, five top seventy They had the NBA on top seventy fifteen.
Speaker 4: Bron top seventy five, and come on, outside of everything, the player just just on the on the court, top seventy five.
Speaker 5: You know he's not Jordan's all right? Is he number? You know? Two? Look? Man, is he in your top ten? Yes? Okay, okay? Is he in the top five? The way he talking about that all the tail I can already tell, I mean he at the end, at the end.
Speaker 4: You know, I might be six man, I mean my sext man, I might off the bitch. I try and get him in the lineup. Oh you go through like the tail up in the Olympics. He bike sees some time. He might see time. I mean, I mean, I mean got load management with the guy that I mean gonna play. I mean, you know, I mean, hey, all healthy. He ain't in your starting five, dude when we started going down this list. Yeah, one of the things I always I'm always shocked at, and this is my time living in Los Angeles especially. That's why when I see bron I'm like, it's like it's like Yankee fans looking at Alex rodrink. He's like, Okay, I mean, Kareem Abdul Jabar maybe my opinion, the greatest you talking about front to back end basketball player we've ever seen. This dude was was a national champion in high school. High school, was went to u c l A on the freshman team. They were busting the varsity and the varsity went on one national championship. Dude went to one. So Kareem's freshman year. In the NCAA rules, you could not play, so you just had to watch the play the varsity. They're kicking the varsity to and the varsity team to win the national championship. He gets said they win three straight NCAA championships, go undefeated like two three times. Man, No, it's twice because Elvin Hayes beat them at the astronot once and they wouldn't have beat them in the final four show.
Speaker 5: Dude like lost won two games in college. Those to the Milwaukee Bucks nineteen seventy one, win the NBA Championship.
Speaker 4: Man to the boys forty years to win it another way for forty wondering the desert like Moses, trying to get back to the finals and win it. That's how good Kareem was. Team ain't wasn't no good. Get the number one pick. They got Kareem banding to win NBA Championship. Then he like, man, I'm done, I don't want to play.
Speaker 5: It's cold. Send me to Los Angeles. So they go to Lakers.
Speaker 4: They win five championships, five championship guys, won six MVPs, and when he left, he was the NBA's all time leading school Kareem Okay, that's the original. I'm retiring. Everybody gave him something because they man, thanks for what gificate.
Speaker 5: They changed rules.
Speaker 4: Hey man, no more dunks. I mean, that's when you know you are bad. Man with j Okay, So we got to even up the game. It's like what Tiger was, man, Tiger was killing it. We got to make the courses long. Tiger proof the course. That's what Kareem was. Kareem was not a fun person to talk to. It was kind of a jerk to the media. They used it against him. Then of course, you know Kareem became Muslim ah man. We don't what you So Kream didn't help himself alone. Kaream ain't help a whole lot with the media. But the guy was that good. Never gets enough credit from Way to Power Memorial u c LA with the Bucks with the.
Speaker 6: Lakers, was that the first true unblockable shot man that you can remember, that's skybook coming from him who was blocking that?
Speaker 4: So so I mean, look, Kareem was outstanding. George Miken was you know when he played with the Minneapolis Lakers, man first first real big man in the league. I mean, want nobody touching George. George there's scorching people. Won a bunch of championships of Minneapolis. Then the course Will same thing. They were changing rules because of Wilt Chamberlain and Will went up against Bill Russell. But I mean, do the average fifty points, twenty five twenty five rebounds a game.
Speaker 5: We never seen nothing like that.
Speaker 4: And when people talk about the greatest of all time, No, Will didn't have championships, especially against Russell.
Speaker 5: But dude, you talking about just a one on one dog on show.
Speaker 4: You guys, you guys ever met Will or saw him. I'm at Pink's Hot Dogs, staying in Los Angeles. Escalator pull up, dude, get out the car.
Speaker 5: I turned around. Man, I ain't seen a lot of dudes in my time. Dude, get out of the car.
Speaker 14: Kept getting up, he kept getting going, just this Wilt Chamberlain.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 4: So not only was he that tall seventy two, he was that big wow, like, man, a fight broke.
Speaker 5: I'm getting behind him. Do something to me now we'll here.
Speaker 6: But ran like a ten flat and he was a freak.
Speaker 4: So when I saw this man, he was like the sixties looking like this. Okay, like the time I saw Jim Brown when I first met Jim Brown in ninety four, Jim Brown ain't place.
Speaker 5: Dude, still look like he get.
Speaker 4: Out there and whoop somebody we're in the dude walked Jim walked into Cleveland Browns lunch.
Speaker 5: Everybody was like.
Speaker 4: It was like the owner didn't have juice like Jim Brown did. Dude, I said, Will Will was, and I'm thinking.
Speaker 5: Man, and.
Speaker 4: You played it played against this guy, so that then you think about Okay, So as great as Will was doing all.
Speaker 5: Bill Russell was out here slowing this dude down winning championship. How good was Bill Russell?
Speaker 4: Bill Russell? You ever you know where Bill Russell went school? No, San Francisco. I ain't seen that program do nothing since. But they went back to back championships with that dude, and he went won Olympic gold medal.
Speaker 5: Then he went on.
Speaker 4: Championships with the Sucks. Then, man, because they was like red alright retired. He was like, I don't know if I want to play for nobody. Fine, you know, will you become player coach?
Speaker 5: Got become player coach within a championship? Black man in Boston, We're gonna do this, right.
Speaker 4: You played in Boston and they broke in your house one day and they defecated in your bed.
Speaker 5: Put it on your walls. Now you try to go out there and play for the city like that?
Speaker 4: Hey man, right right, this dude just didn't play basketball because he was a civil rights dude.
Speaker 5: They did that to this man. You try to go playing like that.
Speaker 4: Man, these dudes are the bron out man because somebody bowed him on the sideline.
Speaker 5: Man, the people ain't pooping your house on your bed. You're gonna do.
Speaker 4: That and go play and go coach due to fist full of rings. When we talked about Grace someone we got to put him and coach won him. Man, man, I would play you know what I'm gonna play too, and coach you got and then they did it. You think now, you think if they let Bron coach the team, people be listening.
Speaker 5: No, ain't doing that now, So how bad Bill Russell was? Man? Then because you got Jordan's Jordan? He people talking about Jordan one.
Speaker 4: Think about this in terms of just championship competition and see a championship won it. Olympic gold medal twice, went to Olympics I wanted, went to the final six times, wonted.
Speaker 5: Dude, ain't never lost when it mattered the most.
Speaker 4: This dude sat down at the card table and took all your cars and every and then they went to a game seven, not one game seven? Hey man, you know what we're gonna play you You not even good enough to make me go seven?
Speaker 6: Hey that that whole thing.
Speaker 5: Bron ain't done, none of that. Brian not his skip.
Speaker 4: Hey man, I'm tired of Cleveland. Nobody wants to come here because he tried to recruit Bosh. He was like, I ain't going to Cleveland. D Wade like I ain't going there. Shane Batty, his wife was like, we ain't going to Cliveland. They went to Miami, so I gotta go. I gotta go jump on with you, d Wade at your place where you've already won a championship, So you're gonna jump on there. Gets there, they're they're Sposter X. Sposter was just the new head coach. He ain't like Spoe. They had a game in Dallas, he had the elbowed. Spoe went up to pat Riley fire him. Pat Ron, go, you better go act downstairs. So Brun did that. Yes, he tried to fire Eric Spolster year one, pat Rons, you better go back downstairs because he tried to pull pat out. Patl I ain't doing this no more. This is my guy. I run this. So they end up going to because it was the first year, they end up going to the finals. They're the favorite. Blow out the MAVs in game one. It's Game two, they up fifteen. D Wade gonna poles in front.
Speaker 5: Of the bench known Dirk and went off.
Speaker 4: Dirk came back one Game two. He come to Miami and come to Dallas. They win Game three, MAVs win the rest of the series.
Speaker 5: Dir it went crazyrk did Dirk. Dirk had a cold go d Wade. Lebrono oh, I got a call made fun of him, went out there and busting them. Dirk went there busting them and one one won the championship on their court. One championship on.
Speaker 4: That's the go that's your goat it all, just day what you said. But he then you're gonna go to LA. He's gonna trade everybody act like this. Man.
Speaker 5: Come on, man, a bubble ring. He a bad dude though.
Speaker 6: Man, yeah, I feel some kind of way about that bubble ring too.
Speaker 14: I mean, like Los Angeles. It's the Lakers, man, the Lakers. Come on, it's the Lakers, man, I mean it's come on, brother.
Speaker 5: Had to win it.
Speaker 4: You got all these people of ESPN doing your dirty work for you, and then man, he got he's gonna get out there, man, because the new owners out here now.
Speaker 5: He called Luca, he and Calledlebron and he gonna go to ESPN. You know, Lebron. Lebron came to l a Luca was traded here. Lebron wanted to be brother. No, stop it. They're remaking that fake and they're making fake look at me great time.
Speaker 6: You know you're not You're a good player. You're good playing the one thing that it was more than one. But I don't like to see Lebron flop bro.
Speaker 5: Or the soccer. The soccer.
Speaker 4: He manu, you see black six eight sixty and didn't wat you look the eye?
Speaker 6: Do you ever see Shack flop? You ever see Georgan? You ever see will Kobe ever flop? That's Kobe would.
Speaker 7: Be like everybody flopping now everybody that's just it's just doing.
Speaker 5: It's just how do Chris By?
Speaker 4: But it is Chris baby got Monday night football to night many.
Speaker 5: Y'alla put the.
Speaker 10: Me.
Speaker 4: Man ain't no kids wearing no Bronz Wearingordan. I didn't know what Jordan's are. They an't win no Bronx.
Speaker 5: Folk actually had to break I did have to break down. My kid wanted some Lebron. I was so discippointed. It was so disappointed that money for that good ankle.
Speaker 6: Support like rock like Jordan's like a like job ranch shoes.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Bucks maybe got Bucks in lines Man, Bucks and lines Bay.
Speaker 5: Hey, you're gonna spark it off now, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna go uh at Detroit. I'm gonna go with the Lions Detroit. You mean Detroit thirty one?
Speaker 5: Twenty is it in Detroit? Is in Detroit and Detroit Detroit. Man, it's a tough one either way. I'm going bake show man. I'm gonna go bake show on this one. You'll be good this week. Man, he's been playing well good this week. I had got one.
Speaker 4: Loss to big show on this one, man, Todd Bowles will heat up golf, So give me bake show man.
Speaker 5: What's she going? She's gonna be a nice one twenty eight twenty four. It's gonna be a twenty acorn twenty four.
Speaker 4: I don't know about you, a D. You may want to fire. I'm to this now, hey, man, man, you need these two that week I.
Speaker 5: Had last week sending Detroit. Booka's back, you know he's back, and Boka's back.
Speaker 4: Evans Mike Evans out there, Mike Evans back to man, Mike, it's.
Speaker 5: Gonna be out there. Boy, Hey, man's questionable, my bad question. Yeah, it's still tough for me though, Well who you take? I took Detroit, You take Tampa. Bake show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ah, man, go ahead and give me give me Tampa.
Speaker 5: He just led you to the d she got gott's go give me Tampa. Give me Tampa. Uh. Twenty eight, twenty four close, twenty four.
Speaker 4: All right, we've got another one here tonight, Monday night football is in Seattle.
Speaker 5: So Houston, you're gonna go. We're go with c J. Stroud? Real, what what take you usual? Houston? Remember what I said? Houston at Seattle? Houston.
Speaker 4: I'm like, all right, I'm good, I'm gonna I'll smart this one up. I'm gonna go with that's Sam Donald. Try got an end soon. So give me Houston and this one. Twenty one twenty uh.
Speaker 5: Let me see what Seattle to do. Last week they played well, they beat up on somebody. Give me Seattle. Seventeen ten.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna take Seattle. It's in Seattle to right, yes, yeah, give me Seattle. Uh uh twenty four, twenty one, twenty four, twenty one Are you and I?
Speaker 5: This is?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 5: Is? This is it right here?
Speaker 4: Man? Is either you either you you're going you're going wide on me or I'm I'm I'm right.
Speaker 5: There with you. Just one game ahead of me, bro, just one win ahead of me. Did this week the two you did this? You lost? Okay, A do you lost? I went three and five this week? Yeah, you went three and five. Yeah, that's right, you lost? I lost? What I los?
Speaker 11: This?
Speaker 5: I lost one? Two lost three? You lost five?
Speaker 4: And then we were already we were tied.
Speaker 5: You got a year and down by one. You were twenty. Yeah do you were one? On? Uh? He's up to now he's up one, he's up one.
Speaker 4: Your boy right here, my boy secretary or secretary shout out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah yeah right by the way.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow we'll die more into dark Prescott and how he has been playing at another level here, and also credit to Brian shot Hier, who's calling football games at a level that is really outstanding, which makes me wonder, man, maybe if McCarthy to let him call play like John.
Speaker 6: I wanted to see what we could talk about with the dig situation too, because I didn't heard so many different things. It's coming from everywhere here tomorrow on the players everywhere, allegations, allegations and rumors.
Speaker 5: Jerry Jones said he didn't know nothing.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna listen to the owner of general manager of the Dallas Cowboys, Anthony the Dorset, Thank you very much, very church under special Chris being Josh, everybody here, oh, at Dallas cowboy dot com.
Speaker 5: This has been a place land.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club