Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Every day Up Wago clicks up. The Breakfast Club finished for y'all.
Speaker 1: Done morning, Everybody's d J n V. Just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club, La La Rosa is here as well.
Speaker 1: We got a special guess of the bell. Yes, one of my favorite comedians, badies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but one of my favorite gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Yes, Garry Owen.
Speaker 4: Let's get it. Rating is about the skyrocket?
Speaker 5: How you feeling?
Speaker 1: First and foremost? How's everything?
Speaker 4: These great? No complaints.
Speaker 3: I've been I've been really watching your clips the last couple of the last the last couple of weeks, I've been watching your clips, and I just want to say salute to you. I've seen a couple of clips where one guy which was kind of weird.
Speaker 1: I thought it was kind of weird.
Speaker 3: His wife died, Yes, and he still went to see Gary Owen.
Speaker 5: Yes, two days two days later, two days.
Speaker 3: Later, uh, because he was supposed to go with his wife and his wife died and he still went, which was surprised, but he went, and Gary, you decided to take care of the funeral course.
Speaker 4: The well, they cremated her there.
Speaker 2: I took care of the earn. Then I gave him. I gave him more because he had to take off work for a month. But he didn't I don't think he had a a GoFundMe. So he got that and that got over fourteen thousand. Wow, So he got But the reason it just was kind of spur of the moment, But it was more he didn't ask, because then you see the good and the bad side of social media to do something like that, because I had my DMS got overrun. Well, since you helped him.
Speaker 1: Help me, can you do this?
Speaker 2: Can alls? He sent me a message was he told me that his wife passed. They and then when I saw his page. They go to a lot of comedy shows. That was their thing. So they got pictures of all kinds of comedians and so he's I'm going to go because she wanted.
Speaker 1: She we were supposed to go.
Speaker 2: And so that's why I took care of it. Because he didn't ask. He said, Man, I don't know if you do meet and Greece, but I really like to get a picture with you. That's all he wanted.
Speaker 1: That's all he wanted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I could even tell you even when he was asked and he was stuttering like I'm not here for this, but thank you, And I wanted to know, you know, because you pick on. I don't want to say pick on, but you will call people out at a show. Have you ever called down somebody and it was wrong? Like I've done it uphill all the time, But like, so what does your mom think? And they'd be like, my mom's dead, Like it's happened a bunch of times.
Speaker 1: So has that happened?
Speaker 2: Ye? Yeah, yeah, you just be like, oh, the way to bring the show down if you had a conversation. You're there to laugh, But that's gonna happen, you know, not mean like that. People think I'm just doing like crowd work. Sometimes I get interrupted and we're taping it now. So I finally got a full time camera person with me, which I should have did a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Oh that's why I'm seeing so many clips now. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well I got the right editor too.
Speaker 2: I mean I had camera guys, but then I'd be like, why did you stop it there? Now I got it. Took trial and error. Now I got the right team. So that's why I think you're seeing me more in the algorithms and the clips are better because they're actually capturing it and they're editing it correctly, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So you're so you were always doing it, you just got a team to actually capture it, edit it and put it together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks to Nate Jackson. Okay, I saw him here last week.
Speaker 3: To Jackson, but also Lon Rosa that's sitting to the right of you, threw a shot.
Speaker 1: At you, just just just you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 3: Another white comedian here and I think she was trying to pick two white comedians against him.
Speaker 5: That a white comedian, Yes, and she.
Speaker 1: Just threw a shot at you for no reason.
Speaker 4: And we didn't.
Speaker 1: Let's let's listen to the order know what's going on.
Speaker 2: But they brought up to Kendrick Lamartin and all of a sudden, the girl that fills in for justs hilarious that was there when I was there a few months ago. They said, you know, Kendrick has never really said who he's talking about. Andrew's like, how do we even know Kendrick was talking about me?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Envy Charlotte Magne and the Schultz is like, we don't even know who Kendrick was talking about. He could have been talking about Gary Owen and literally goes, anybody check it for Gary? Al I tell you, this girl, I can't remember her name. I don't know what her issue was with me is, but I'd be like, what how did I catch a strain?
Speaker 1: Anybody checking for Gary Owen?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, well, twelve show in Baltimore, somebody check it for me?
Speaker 4: Worried moved out in Nashville this weekend?
Speaker 2: Somebody checking for me? Yeah? You tell she like takes her hip hop real serious and the lyrics real serious. I could tell when I was there. I go, so, She's like, you know, Andrew, how can you say that?
Speaker 4: And you know you got.
Speaker 2: Almost you almost was defending Kendrick. But I was like, oh, she takes those lyrics serious, takes your hip hop serious. It reminded me it was like when Terre Scott manning me because I said up, I said a joke, Like in her mind, I'm not a real.
Speaker 4: Celeb, I'm not a real entertainer.
Speaker 2: She doesn't take me serious, doesn't feel I bet you in her mind, if she was booking the show, she wouldn't have me on. I bet you in her mind. She goes, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: No, why are you like that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: No, why first before we ask me questions?
Speaker 5: Do you know my name? Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Laura l Rossa from Delaware with the Delaware State.
Speaker 7: Okay, people come from me, they act like they don't know my name. But first of all, it wasn't a shot.
Speaker 8: What you are I okay, so I have a shot? Can you be quiet?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 7: I have a tendency to say things and I don't think much of it. But then I'm realizing that people It hits people differently because I thought I was saying that. During that time, it was very clear what Kendrick Lamar was talking about because Andrew Schultz and the conversation that he had was all over the news, and then the Kendrick Lamar stuff happened, so over the news.
Speaker 2: Gary Owen, don't be all over news, but show Kendrick Andrews work Kendrick at the.
Speaker 7: Same time, y'all know what I'm talking about. Like, it was very clear at the time what was happening. It wasn't a dig at you. It was like I thought we all saw the same thing. I saw.
Speaker 8: You said that was I think you a celebrity.
Speaker 2: No, I just want content. I want you to I don't take none of this personal. And if I'm doing a RAM, I'm like, yeah, they probably picked this up and.
Speaker 4: Sure enough took that babe.
Speaker 5: I mean no, I saw you in your car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it helped out, helped both of us out. Now, look then they're going to clip this up and we're still riding that Kendrick train.
Speaker 8: You were like my first celebrity or not celebrity beef.
Speaker 2: It's someone. All my beefs are fake. Oh my god, the Michael Black's and moments fake. This this thing we're about to do with Nate, it's fake.
Speaker 1: Before we get to before we get to Nate. And I don't see. I don't know what your problem is, Gary or when with these with black women?
Speaker 3: Black women just then to the left of you, you and Jes Hilarious went back and forth because we yes, I ain't never saying.
Speaker 5: But I never and I don't know why this white man decided to attack me.
Speaker 1: Listen me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jess Hilarious went to Detroit Mike EV's Comedy club, which Mike EV's had nothing to do with it. I think his name is on it, but I guess it just wasn't run well.
Speaker 4: The weekend, she was there.
Speaker 2: She goes to the Brest Club and she goes, you know, they told me Damon Williams is gonna be on the show. I get there's Damon Williams. I don't know, No, damn Damon Williams. And I'm going, Jess. Everybody knows Damon Williams in the comedy world. I don't know why she took that moment to dig on Damon, like, I don't know damn Damon Williams. Every comic knows Damon Williams. Out of Chicago.
Speaker 5: I'm from Baltimore. I ain't from no damned Chicago.
Speaker 2: No Dan Williams.
Speaker 5: Yeah I do now I know who he is.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: He's a good dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, obviously. But I met him.
Speaker 6: One time backstage right he was on the same show. I meet so many people on one shows.
Speaker 5: But you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So I think it was the damn. Yeah, it was the damn he said, I don't know dam will dam wig.
Speaker 1: She was more taking her frustration out on the club.
Speaker 6: It was just more so, and it was you weren't the only one, it was. It was a lot of people. I think he called an X to make videos to say like yo, come on, it showedy ruining my credibility.
Speaker 5: I'm valid, I'm in these streets.
Speaker 6: I've been like a pioneer and this ship. Can y'all please let her know who I am? And it was it was you amongst other you know o G comics that made the video and said it. But I'm like, yo, I really did not know who he was until uh videos were no pictures were posted. A couple of pictures were posted from one night at a club.
Speaker 5: We were on d.
Speaker 6: Yes and I did I swear. I meet so many people like I just did not remember. Oh that's Damon Williams. Okay, cool even still only met him one time. Now my bad, But like I'm not gonna say sorry because I didn't know who he was by name, and every comic does not know Dami Williams.
Speaker 5: Every comic does not know me. Every comic don't even know your ass.
Speaker 2: Shocking.
Speaker 5: I don't know everybody. Some people are just like dug, we know what that is. You know what I mean? But it's like I I did not know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he ran with it and like I said, it's all content. I didn't I didn't say jes no, no, no, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I like, so you just joked in me if you didn't even he didn't even call it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, I'm very listen, I'm very very strategic. You don't see me calling them out their name. You don't see me saying they should get fired. You don't see me saying they're not good at their job. I don't ever. I'm like, anybody check for Gary Olan, you know who Damn Damon Williams is, and then I just keep it moving. I'm like they're gonna respond. I literally go to my phone and be like, oh yeah, Lauren did it. When I go on, Jess is going to bring this up.
Speaker 6: And you know what's crazy when you did that when you posted the video, somebody was like, what telling me from make a video talking about.
Speaker 5: I probably don't know no Damn Damn, but I was like, you know that's.
Speaker 2: Gary yeah, so boom yeah talking about it and gonna get the smoke smoke unless respectful like beef person. Just like her, Lauren, she just good at her job.
Speaker 8: You didn't say that.
Speaker 5: He did said hip hop.
Speaker 8: That was a dish.
Speaker 5: You just that was good at my job.
Speaker 7: You said I take my hip hop very serious, like that was like a your name exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was that was that was on purpose.
Speaker 8: If you think I'm good at my job, you can say, now.
Speaker 4: Are you good at your job?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 2: I think you add something to the show, you know what I mean? You're's good to have a little antagonist every now and then.
Speaker 8: But what does that.
Speaker 7: Do for you though? At where you are? Because like, wow, yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 4: Can we have fun in this?
Speaker 5: No, I'm just saying where you are.
Speaker 7: Meaning so when I when you said I didn't think you were a celebrity, I was like, what, I've been watching you. My household has been watching you forever. I do think you're a celebrity. I'm saying where you are as if, like you, you're at a point where like that type of trolling do you need to do that?
Speaker 2: I don't think it was trolling. I like the breakfast club.
Speaker 7: So I chime in, Yeah, you're saying commentating, commentating that same thing you're doing. Yeah, but I feel like my comment like you're you're here saying those weren't your true feelings.
Speaker 8: If I say something that's really how.
Speaker 1: I feels fake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm completely fake on the internet.
Speaker 8: Yes, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I mean I did. One of my specials is literally called hashtag doing what I do because I go, I'm lying. If I need a hashtag, I'm lying. I taking pictures in front of the yachts. I wasn't on the yacht. I was lying.
Speaker 5: Oh so that's what bow Wow got all that face ship from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably did you. That's where I got it from.
Speaker 2: I got from the best even on private Planninggo, that's a good idea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you got your comedy special, Gary, He's got the one on Netflix.
Speaker 2: No, you know that's a lie.
Speaker 4: It's you two.
Speaker 5: You gotta do a video about it.
Speaker 8: Netflix yet.
Speaker 6: But Yo, so do you really does it really grind the gears when people call you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean.
Speaker 9: When people say Gary Owens not I don't think the public, but I think when a promoter hires me and you put on the flyer, I'm like, dude, you were the wrong name on the flyer.
Speaker 2: The funny it just happened last week, uh Stavid. They did some promo video about some city I'm coming to and it was Gary Owens. I go, bro, and he's like, why aren't you reposting it? I go, because you got the name wrong. They don't do it to nobody else. You don't see Bruce. Bruce's earthquakes just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Now, you know, on a serious note, you are funny. You sell out shows all the time, You sell out specials all the time. What did you do to an executive at Netflix? Did you bang somebody's Why you did you bang somebody's?
Speaker 2: Man? Like?
Speaker 1: What did you do where they are not reaching out to you?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know, Come on, I know I but you know what it's been. People think like I got all this these special all these networks. Now it was BT had a good relationship with them when they were doing comedy and then Showtime I had a good relationship with them. So Showtime stopped doing comedy specials. So it pretty much there's three buyers right now, Hulu, Amazon and Netflix. Right So, I don't know, you asked me, I don't know.
Speaker 3: See comedians getting specially that you feel like he's not better than me.
Speaker 2: I think we all think we're better than everybody else. If we're being honest, we're like, but I would I'm not ever bitter towards another guy getting a Netflix special. I'm like, yeah, that's fine because I'm doing fine, Like I'm selling out everywhere in advance, you know what I mean. So I'm the YouTube's I finally figured figured it out with YouTube. I said, who was the highest paid people on TV? It was judges and it was daytime talk show hosts. And I was like, why cause they're on every day? Correct, that's why you knew Jerry Jerry Springer was on once a week. He wouldn't have been. So I go, I gotta post a clip every day. I have to take over people's phones and I have to post good clips. Once I figured that out, I go, it just went. And this is all in the last like three months. And I can tell it just went because even my guy Adam who's he's like slash opener and he's also my web guy. It was the best DM I ever answered This guy DM me like two years ago and said, hey, I'm just starting out doing stand up. You know, I've been watching you forever. And I said, I looked at this page. Who does your clips? He says, I do it myself. I said, you can come down to a guest spot. We said the West Palm Beach. Improv I go, if you film me and let me see how the clips look and me, and it's been seamless ever since. It took a while for me to bring him on like full time.
Speaker 1: But now, But do you just hire him for the clips?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's very funny and he takes the craft serious. Like even when he's not with me, he's on stage every night he's open Mike and I'm like, dude, you're on stage again. So he takes the craft serious and I love the way he edits me and it's just it's seamless. So I'll even call him be like that that clip wasn't funny, take down or it's too short or you know, but we were good together. But that's what that's what's happened over the last like three months. We finally was like we made a decision. Every day we got to post a clip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that's work because I can tell the difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So he's a comedian.
Speaker 2: He's a comedian Adam Fink, and.
Speaker 5: He is a videographer and he does.
Speaker 2: He came from like doing rap videos. He was like working with Big Sean and some other people, and so working with me is great. He goes, dude, there's less weed. Yeah, I'm getting paid on time. No, offense. Yeah, I got paid, but I have to ask you know what I mean, don't get my money the videos over the song's number two?
Speaker 5: Hi everybody, Hi?
Speaker 1: And what happened with you? In need Jackson? So you would need Jackson? You'll do well? You used to do a podcast together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he alluded that you might have stole some of his materials stuff and not.
Speaker 4: Still nobody's me and a Jackie.
Speaker 8: You're seeing us, not material But it was like the idea concern.
Speaker 2: Here's Nate's issue. He reads comments too much and takes him the heart and so I'm sure in his brain. Two people said Gary wore jersey and I did. I live in Houston. I got an Astros jersey. I put it on one night. I thought nothing of it, and my first head shot was in a jersey. So I was like to say, I stole a jersey like. I was looking at Nate like, and then I know Nate puts out a lot of clips. I didn't know he does like a monthly thing because he puts out so much. So I was sitting here going huh. I said, I I'm gonna get all these cities. We're gonna clip it up. And I said at the first on the first of the month, we'll do whatever city I was in, like in Baltimore, We'll do that, and we'll do I'm gonna call it off the Dome. So Nick, I guess he's a podcast. When he goes, hey, man, I had a beef. He goes, you put on a jersey and then you put on the best of and you call it off the dome. I go and and then he was like, man, you know, I do a compilation and I wear jerseys in every city. I said, Yo, so you gotta you can't wear jerseys? Is that where right now?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 2: So I just think he read the comments and then I don't know, we're good, like he said, we're good. I just I think he shouldn't read the comments as much because I read the comments. I don't take him personal.
Speaker 3: This is what he said for people that don't know, so we can have a clear understanding what he said when he was here.
Speaker 2: I rock with Gary.
Speaker 5: I have no I have no malice, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And so he's good, but uh not.
Speaker 10: But it's just and and so I have noticed that as I'm up in the Pacific Northwest fighting for ways to be an innovator and stay relevant from way to fuck up there and off the grid. That sometimes people come up and they're like, Oh, that'sh it is, that's the sauce. You can't I can't protect that, whether he comes close to me and does it, or stay away.
Speaker 5: From me and does it.
Speaker 10: If somebody sees an editing style or a wave or I don't know, a dress, or away somebody walks and talk and it's working, there's nothing you can do. He from he's from there. Well, he's from Ohio. He lived listening to envy.
Speaker 2: No, but I wore I wore an Excel jersey. Nate's not wearing jersey. You're stupid with extra large. He's not wearing an extra lar. If I would wore a triple X, I stole it.
Speaker 5: That's mean it's not me?
Speaker 2: Is it me he's wearing.
Speaker 8: Is that a joke or.
Speaker 2: I just don't want I want him to see it and I want him to react.
Speaker 1: Anymore. Now he says it's timing. Is it timing?
Speaker 2: It really was like when I did his club last year, I said, Yo, he's because he's he's an impressive guy. And if I took anything from Nate, it's work ethic and you know, investing in yourself. So the full time camera guys that are on the road with you, I said, I gotta start doing that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm the first one to admit like I was probably. I saw Bill Brown here and he was like, I take care of my people and make sure they're paid well. And I when I hear comments that, I go, yeah, I don't want people work from me struggling, so I make sure everybody's well compensated. When I saw Nate taking his camera guys on the road, I go, I gotta do that. And Nate's the one that told me you should have the camera guys with you at all time. So if I took anything from him, it's that. So the podcastingway, because he doesn't live in Tacoma, it's far and I'm going up there once a month for like two three days and we're busting out five six episodes, and so it was just it was a lot. It was taxing, and we weren't, you know, it just he got busy. I got busy, and I was like, dude, this is a lot. And we agree.
Speaker 6: I'm Houston, Oh shit, you're Houston, and he's watched Oh yeah, but he's got his own studio, which is impressive.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, this is it's like a mini mini Tyler Perry going on over there. He's got his own spot he can do and he runs his merch out of there, and he's got like three people in cubicles just cutting up his clips. So if I took anything from Naden's that, but no, like I said, we're good. I don't take nothing personal, you know what I mean. I just think he got a couple of comments and then he was like, hey, wait a minute, I do this cause like Charlomane's got a podcast, he wasn't the first one to do a podcast. Somebody did a podcast, saw there's money in it, saw that you could build stuff, and you go with it.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 4: Matt Rife, I didn't know I had a TikTok.
Speaker 2: And then I remember I was in Atlanta and the club owner there, Gary Abdul, I saw Matt Rife and he was sold out, like a month in advance. I go, Matt Riife sold out already. He goes TikTok bro he would nuts. I called my web people. I go, dude, do I got a TikTok, they go, you got six hundred thousand followers. I didn't know I had a TikTok. They had already had it, and my clips was up there and I was like, oh I got one. Yeah, So now I make sure, just like Instagram YouTube, I make sure I'm active in my TikTok. But where'd I get that from? Matt Rife took off?
Speaker 1: You know that they monetize it. Did you get a check from TikTok every month? Okay?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 6: Because m he just put me on today. I didn't realize that I had like that I could monetize TikTok. I never posted on somebody undred thousand views. I literally had somebody running it. I never was on TikTok. I never been on Twitter any of it. I just run Instagram.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: So when MB came in here a couple of weeks ago, like, yo, are you monetizing? Like, I didn't know you can make I didn't know I could make money off Facebook for the money, right, But he told me that, And so now I'm working on all my social media.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm saying, your thief, obviously, you know what.
Speaker 2: Damon Williams has a TikTok.
Speaker 5: He actually should have off that whole moment.
Speaker 6: He should have had who is Damon Williams to it so you could tell people who didn't know who he was.
Speaker 2: I think he he one thing I will say he maximized. I think that was we say like how could just do that? But that was like the best thing for for him at that time.
Speaker 4: Literally it went everywhere.
Speaker 5: You know, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: It's like Angel Rees, the best thing she ever did was do the ring thing to Caitlyn Clark. Of course because she's the villain, you know, because wm A is kind of boring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now every time they sold.
Speaker 2: When when Angels and Caitlyn play, you watch that thing.
Speaker 5: It went from angel Rees doing that, you know, to the dill dos all over the court.
Speaker 4: Man, that's when you know your your leagu's boring.
Speaker 2: That's the headline. Not the score, because I guarantee you all those all those games that don't got thrown the court.
Speaker 4: No, he knows the score.
Speaker 1: I got in trouble for that the other day because.
Speaker 4: The court.
Speaker 1: That was like w n b A, there was a deal thrown on the court. Show him what was the score? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Nobody cares no.
Speaker 6: Look, going back to what you said about your videographer, right, Like you say he's a comedian, right, what do you do?
Speaker 5: Was he a comedian? But when you met him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he d M me and he was like, I'm a comedian and he was already. I went through his page and I saw his videos and I go, that's pretty good. I go, can you record me? And he was like yeah. So we tried it and it took about seven eight months for me to bring him on full time. I use him here and there. But he got better too, like he now we're we're synergized. He gets me, I get him. He's so I like how he's like he's way younger than me. So he's like thirty, so he he knows what the thirty year olds are looking for. You Nah, that attention spanic gonna be there for that.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Really it's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah for real. So so woo sorry my neglecting eye contact. I'm over here.
Speaker 4: I'll leave you out. Yeah like this, Yeah, the energy is great.
Speaker 1: So what do you do?
Speaker 5: Right when he goes like when he blows, he pops off.
Speaker 2: Like good, we talked about us, dude. I would love to have the the like Joe Cooy opened up for Chelsea handler christ Leah opened up for Joe Coy. That's how deal. And he told me he goes dude. By the time that happens, this is going to be a well oiled machine. You're going to be good, you know, because he's we I have a full time camera guy that's not Adam. Adam edits it. So Adam doesn't have to be with me every week, you know. But I like him with me because when you're in the room, you know when the energy's right.
Speaker 5: It's a comedian.
Speaker 2: That one that went nuts last month the paper Straws won in Baltimore went with the guy I was like imitating four people at the same time, the security guards and everything. It was like I forgot all about that. That was back in February. That happened, Yeah, but he captured it. If he wasn't there, we missed out on that. So if you're talking about what I took from Nate, keep the camera guys with me, because that wasn't crowd work. That was I was getting interrupted. The guy was like animate, and we come to find out he doesn't drink, and they were trying to get buy drinks. That was a discussion. He bought the VIP takes, but he wasn't buying anything. They're like, dude, you need to buy some drinks. He's like, I don't drink. That was what the I didn't know, but they were so animate. I just started going. But that wasn't like crowd work. That just got interrupted and rolled with it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: He said, John Sena's interview really really change your perspective on things.
Speaker 1: So break that down. What how did it change your perspective?
Speaker 2: It was funny because like the week before he came on, Kelsey Plum were talking about the WA player. She like snapped on somebody that was trying to get her autograph, and she goes, how does that make you feel as a as a grown person? You know? Doing that? Then when John Cena came on your show and he goes, if I can sign something and a guy can make money off of it, it snow sweat off my back because I'm helping put food on somebody else's table, and I go, dang, I was caught up and you're just gonna sell this now. I'm like, it ain't nothing, I'll sign it, you know what I mean? So I'm glad I saw that because it really did change my perspective on things, cause we get so caught up and like we feel like we're getting taken advantage of, or we want a piece of everything that has our name on it. But if somebody in a blow up but eight by ten glossy and I can sign it and they can get one hundred bucks for it, there's no sort off my back. But you know what I mean, I'm glady, I'm glad I saw that. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That was dope.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 1: And let's talk about this special.
Speaker 5: Yes, Gary Owen, no ship on.
Speaker 2: YouTube, No s on YouTube, no s because black people put s on my name, No s on you, Gary.
Speaker 1: Owen, no s, no s on YouTube.
Speaker 5: So it's only us that do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got Filipinos put a p on it in the beginning, Perry Poens. Just Pilipinos put.
Speaker 8: On targets like targets target it's just an older black person thing. I don't know. They put s's on everything.
Speaker 5: Damn, that's true. I didn't know that we was the only one who did that.
Speaker 4: Black people love the letter S.
Speaker 2: You guys love it.
Speaker 7: You're not coming to the cookout anymore. We can't because the what do you mean? Are you disassociating yourself? Like because they're going to still called Gary Owens.
Speaker 2: Maybe I still come a cookout. Maybe we'll talk about it, share your like Gary was at the cookout yesterday and like Lauren, you knew who I was. He didn't even say hello at the cookout, said I'm not coming to the horse.
Speaker 4: You coming to my cookout? Where Charlotte Mane? I miss him?
Speaker 1: I want to ask to you know.
Speaker 3: So you had a crazy divorce and it's finally over. You moved on and everything is good. So you've been You spoke about your relationship with your kids. Has that gotten any better at all?
Speaker 2: Son got right after I left here last time. Son got ahold of me. So now we're good. He was just in Vegas with me last two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: How did y'all make that the interview?
Speaker 4: He didn't see the interview.
Speaker 2: He had an issue at his job and he needed my help, needed my advice, so he just called at a left field.
Speaker 4: It was funny because out.
Speaker 2: Of my open we're in Philly and he matched with this girl on tender and he goes, yo, I got a filling this girl trying to catfish me. Can you go to the bar with me just to play wing man? All right?
Speaker 4: So we're walking to the bar and my phone rings.
Speaker 2: That's my son. I looked up a my son's called me, and he looked and I go, I'm signing call me like three years. So I picked up.
Speaker 4: I said, good luck with your Tinder date.
Speaker 2: Yet, but I'm out. So we talked for like three four hours at night and then uh, yeah, we're as close as ever now. It just took took time. Daughter is still still nothing, but she's Uh, she's gonna be a tough one the crack.
Speaker 8: Have you attempted to reach out to your daughter since always?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I always do, But you know, I don't have I don't have any I don't have a way to contact her. She's not on social media. She got a new cell phone, so I have I have no way other than an email.
Speaker 8: She told her brother not to give you her number.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's a little different than that. I'll keep that between them. I'll keep that between them. I don't want everything. I'll be on the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's good. But what was that initial conversation, like it was like with my son, was it natural? Was it like, Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 3: It was like, hey, Dad, we haven't spoken to speaker, Like, how was that that conversation after three years?
Speaker 1: Because still your son? Yeah, but you still got a place for y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The first thing he said was, Dude, I know we got a lot to work on, and I know we'll get to it, but I really need your help with this problem right now. So I went into immediate like dad mode, like all right, this is what we gotta do. And then it just so happened. I was gonna be in the Bay Area like two weeks later, and that's where he lives. So the phone call happens two weeks later, we got to reconnect and then uh, and then he ended up flying back to Houston with me. I said, you wanna you wanna fly back Monday when I fly back? Yeah, cause you got the twins. So we got to meet the twins and then everything's good. Now he's got it. You know, he's got his favorite already, you know.
Speaker 1: And be honest, when you first seen that number, did you think it was a money call?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 1: You know, like because you know when your kids call, it's either problem or they need some money.
Speaker 4: Oh no, he has no problems for money. Okay, that's not an issue with him.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was like this, Oh, you're making up for that three years.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a money call. It was I need some avice.
Speaker 4: Was No, that wasn't a money call. There's been money call since it's natural.
Speaker 7: Did you have a moment where you, like, because the last time you're hearing you talked about it, it was it was a little bit emotional for you, ish, did you have a moment where you like, we're like, oh, okay, like I finally got to the point where me and my son are reconnecting.
Speaker 8: You were able to like take it in.
Speaker 2: And like yeah, yeah, yeah, but you know, I was like I was able to like be honest with them about the divorce. It had nothing to do with you. That's too me and your mom because I think he I think and maybe my daughter feels that way too. I think they probably think they had something to do with it. And I was like, dude, it had nothing to do with you. Nothing. So yeah, you got you kind of replay the years lost in your brain. But then where we're at now, well, you know, we're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't miss a wedding. I didn't miss like him having kids or anything like that. So I think that would be that would be tough. Like if my daughter ever when she does get married, My god, I hope we're back in touch by them, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Yeah, all that, do you change how you do your jokes now, because, like I mean, from this point on, because your son's watching and you know all the things, and you had jokes about the divorce and all that stuff.
Speaker 8: Did y'all talk about that?
Speaker 4: Na, He's got a dark sense of humor like I do.
Speaker 2: So he was good with it twenty four Oh yeah, yeah, he's an adult now. Yeah, so no, he's good. He'd be cracking up. And then you know, it's funny because now he's kind of hanging out at the comedy club up there in the Bay Area because I when I did the show, I brought him up there and everybody knew him from back in the day we used to come around. So now he's kind of hanging out there a lot. So he's meeting a lot of the comedians. So it's been good because I think I've been cool with most comedians I'm like Jess, you know, with Damon. But he says, man, comedians really like you, Dad, that nobody says anything bad about you, So I hope not.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't really cross people.
Speaker 2: Like that, so that was good.
Speaker 8: He's funny.
Speaker 2: Is he trying to No, he's funny. He could do it if he wanted to pursue. But I don't think it's his passion. But he could do it. He's quick on his feet.
Speaker 3: This is how I knew you were white, Gary, not because of your complexion. You driving past a blank of America crazy and say hey, I want to close my account today. You close the account and then say, oh, well, why are the money? But the count's closed, so they say, okay, you can either take a cashier checked or cash.
Speaker 1: You take the cash.
Speaker 3: Then you proceed to go to the gym and say, you know what, I'm going to leave the cash and I just took out the bake in my car.
Speaker 1: Or I go work out for an hour plus and I expect the cash to be there. Be here. I want to send the sauna fortytes.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, yeah, relax in a sauna with money, your car absolutely white.
Speaker 1: Then you come back out your car's broken into, the money is gone with a note that says that asshole.
Speaker 5: Damn Now, how why?
Speaker 2: Where?
Speaker 1: How explain?
Speaker 10: What is that?
Speaker 2: That white privilege was kicking in that day? I thought, I'm on, I'm good, you know. I thought I wish he was there that day. I wish he was here that day. Get him Tommy kiss Christmas on these So I'm literally I don't bank a Bank of America, but I have an account there and I've had money there for years that I just I an't paying attention to. It's not money. It's not an enormous amount. No, it's there, but it's not an enormous amount. I'm not going to say. I don't want to be judged.
Speaker 8: It doesn't arranged. Is it over ten thousand? But under fifty I'm not.
Speaker 2: It's over a thousand, and under thirty you don't get to dictate. You don't get the dictators.
Speaker 1: Would have an account with over one thousand dollars in there and not know it's there.
Speaker 2: I know it's there, I just haven't.
Speaker 4: I don't bank there, so it's just kind of it's not rich like that.
Speaker 1: I just I go in.
Speaker 2: It took like an hour. I was getting fed up. I go, oh my god, dude, I'm looking to de lay like I just want to leave. And then she was like, well, do you want to cash yours check or do you want cash? I go, whatsever faster? Because once you're there for an hour, you're ready to go. She goes, we can do the cash right now? All right, my car I put in the middle consolet I go. Now, I'm just driving by Lifetime Fitness. I'm gonna stop in the sauna. I can use a little sweat. I knew people break into the lockers in lifetime, and that is I thought about it. I go, huh, I think it's safe in the car because I have the alarm on the car. You know them aldis are like tanks. And I was like this, I should be good.
Speaker 4: And it's middle of the day. It's like one thirty.
Speaker 1: Did you leave the cash?
Speaker 10: Crime?
Speaker 2: Don't have.
Speaker 8: Where did you put it?
Speaker 2: Where was it in the middle marmal?
Speaker 4: So you didn't Eve put in.
Speaker 1: The glove box and lock it.
Speaker 5: You just that's the first place I used to look when I break in niggas cars.
Speaker 2: You don't do that. Just nice, okay, okay, So you can't perfect So I come out. I'm just I'm doing not only am I getting robbed because the whitest thing I ever did was leave the money in the car. I got a smoothie, you know.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I was listening to Chris Stapleton.
Speaker 2: Wide Horse. I come out the security guards on a golf cart just sitting by my car, and I go, here, you go ahead, I gotcha, and I went, huh, look around. I mean that passenger side back window is gone, and they tried to get in all four windows, but they finally got in. Well, the police department finally called me right and they said, all right, here's what's crazy. He clearly follows you out of the bank. It's called jugging jogging in Houston, where they literally guys will sit her outside of banks and they'll follow people.
Speaker 5: Jesus.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. I'm glad I didn't go home because he would have followed me home. And I'm because I was paying no attention to nothing. So I'm glad I went to the gym and uh so they said, dude, you walked right by his car. They got the cameras at Lifetime said you got out. He parked about five cars away from you. He goes, you stopped and threw something into garbage can and you literally stopped right in front of this white Chevy blazer I think he was in. Now I'm replaying to Blair, Why say blazer? Why youre a Blazer? And then I was like this, I go, hey, I'm not saying this is what I really want to know?
Speaker 1: What color was he?
Speaker 7: Do?
Speaker 2: Get? Do I get a guess?
Speaker 4: The detective was like black.
Speaker 5: And he was it was he was.
Speaker 2: It was a black guy.
Speaker 4: It was really black. So, yeah, you robbed me, you're really okay?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 10: What so?
Speaker 2: They so they he got the money, he gets there and then here's the silver lining. Once he broke into the car. I went back and had to call my insurance company, and of course they cover the damages. Well, they go re evaluate everything. They said, you know, shout out to State Farm. You know, you can consolidate the homeowners, the car and everything. They go and you're gonna save two hundred four dollars a month. So I'm not gonna tell you how much it was, but in five years I'm ahead. Thank you for robbing me because I just saved money. Oh my insurance two hundred four dollars a month. Boom, you gotta look at God, Look at God. I'm telling you come, come two thirty. Gary's ahead. Do you think you dropped the wrong one today? State Farm?
Speaker 1: They did they catch the people? Did they catch them?
Speaker 2: Then they said there, They said they do have a guy that they got him for other juggings. So now they're going to see if he ever rented a white Chevvy Blazer, because now they do. They rent the car and they take the front light. They said, this guy's a pro because he took the front license plate off, and the way he parked it, you couldn't get the lights play from the camera. And he backed up. And so here's the bad part. He tried to get into the driver's side first and couldn't and he realized, oh, I can't keep here, So he drove and parked in another part of the Lifetime Fitness and then came back like fifteen minutes later, and that's when he got in the passengers side.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: They said, the security guard on the golf cart that's supposed to patrol, where was he at by the way, And then they said he drove when he tried to do it the first time, he drove right by your car and sat there and looked at it for a few minutes, and then he drove off again. I'm like, where was this guy at?
Speaker 4: And let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: When you get robbed, this is what you don't do. I called a couple of people right the people. You're like, hey, I just got robbed. One you don't try to share a story of somebody else get robbed. The security guard tries to tell me about all the crimes he stopped. I'm like, I don't care about the du you stopped before. He was like this, he goes, I can't just having on my watch. But I took a lot of pride. Another guy that came here, he tried to rob somebody. We have some kida, tried to play basketball. They didn't want to leave. Finally they were robbing people locker room.
Speaker 4: I had to kick them out.
Speaker 2: I go due, I don't give a ship we're talking about right now.
Speaker 4: All my money's gone, windows still broke.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting on a tow truck. Bro And then he so I'm waiting on the tow truck. I'm in my car, got the a c on. I'm just sitting there with the door open. He keeps driving by trying to talk to me. I finally said, dude, I don't want to talk to you. I don't want to be rude, but I don't want to talk to you. He was and the same thing, how's it going? How you think? How do you think it's going?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 4: And yeah, So then I found out Nate Jackson got robbed, so I just want to.
Speaker 2: Do what he was doing.
Speaker 5: I know, man, that boy, so you pull out the goddamn banker was like.
Speaker 4: That's Gary Owens.
Speaker 2: He got me. I was the easy mark bro. They're like this, Oh, that's what I kept thinking. Was it an inside job with somebody in the bank, like tipping somebody off? Because that's when I heard. Also they said be careful. So now I'm replaying everybody in the bank. I'm like, there was a there was a brother in a suit at the ATM. You came in, the young Mexican dude. He was kind of walking around aimlessly, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Everybody don't play with the Mexican dude. Joe black friends Mexican Mexican and black.
Speaker 2: Oh where'd you meet him?
Speaker 1: Yeh, that's funny as hell.
Speaker 5: What do you mean in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Met him at a specific occasion like Chipotle. What did you meet him at?
Speaker 5: Gary? I met him.
Speaker 6: His name is Chris actually, but no, I met him at one of the downtown restaurants water Ship in Baltimore.
Speaker 4: He's aware, no crazy truck driver. He's a truck driver.
Speaker 2: So he's gone a lot. Yeah, that's good. I don't know. I didn't see what the truck driver has. It good that he's gone a lot because it makes the heart grow fonder because truck driver ain't out there wild truck stops.
Speaker 4: You know what could go wrong?
Speaker 5: A lot lizard.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying exactly. I don't think. I don't think he's If he's with you, he's not going to go back to lots. I'm sure he had one at some point in his life.
Speaker 5: Jesus, what's the next question? Anybody? Anybody?
Speaker 2: At one point, it's already sold out, sold out. We added Sunday, it sold out. You want to talk about Atlanta next week?
Speaker 4: Sold out?
Speaker 2: We did ad a show, We did at a show Sunday in Atlanta, and then in two weeks I got eleven shows in DC.
Speaker 4: They're sold out.
Speaker 5: I know that's right. You better talk.
Speaker 2: Oh wait a minute, I'm in I'm in Virginia Beach in October about that October sold out.
Speaker 5: You better tell.
Speaker 8: That's right. No more divorced jokes because it came up at court mediation.
Speaker 2: I know that with the thing, it came up mediation. Yeah, that was funny. Though I can't even lie I was a good one. I never even like the same thing. If I'm talking about Jeff, we're talking about Lauren. It's all content. Even in the divorce. I was like, even with the mediation, it was content, like I was acting like I was serious. I was like, that's kind of funny, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It's just and it's like, I know, the lawyers don't even know when to take you serious.
Speaker 2: This is what I learned. This is the biggest thing I learned. I helpe anybody's getting a divorce. Listen and then you hear it all the time. Get to a point where you're cordial with your ex and you, guys, decide what you want to do that's fair to everybody. Because this is when I knew these lawyers are playing us. We were held up for a couple of weeks over life insurance. She wanted to take out like like a I think it was like a five minut our life insurance policy on me, right you yeah, me in case I passed away. So she's good, right, yeah, but she's got to play the premium. I'm not paying it. So my lawyer went back and forth to her lawyer. Oh that's too much for life insurance. I said, I'm dead. I don't care what is she's paying for it. I don't care what my policy is. I go, well, I don't think the live insurance should be bigger than the divorce settlement.
Speaker 4: I go, who cares?
Speaker 2: When I realized I'm getting the bill, like, okay, why am I getting charged?
Speaker 4: Every email over there, I said, it's done, give it to her.
Speaker 2: I'm done. And then when I finally we finally get to a point where you're like that, I go, this is a pointless there. They will literally find one thing to keep it going. And that kept it going for a couple of weeks. The dang, if I'm dead, how much does she get? I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 4: I'm w although you do is get a physical.
Speaker 5: And getting your money taking more money to prolong it.
Speaker 2: And I finally told her, I was like I finally got to a point where I called her. I said, look, we just got to get this over with. Trust me on this. I said, yeah, I wasn't the best with fidelity, but I never did you wrong financially, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: So say she feeling like, all right, yeah, y'all called you.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Every now and then it'll creep back up, like I think the it's funny I on stage a little bit, like when I had the twins. I randomly sorry to airport and I said, hey, you know I had I had twins, Because yeah, I go, well, do you want to see him? She just know, I said, I know you do?
Speaker 4: So I showed her the twins, right, so.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 8: It's not fun.
Speaker 5: She thought it was fun. She knows him by now.
Speaker 2: Anyways, She goes, there's this white arm and there's this white leg in the side of the picture.
Speaker 4: She goes, who's that.
Speaker 2: I go to nanny. She even nanny, Even nanny, we have a nanny. I go, well, you met me at the wrong time. If you with me now, you would have a nanny.
Speaker 5: He's a la I would have threw my drink at you.
Speaker 2: Why it's funny, Laura, when you get divorced. You'll know.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen not.
Speaker 3: Owen and check out his comedy special No S on YouTube. And we appreciate you for joining us anytime.
Speaker 2: This is awesome.
Speaker 4: I'm glad, I'm glad we're friends again.
Speaker 2: Lauren L. Rossa from Delaware, Delaware State. And don't just know if I ever say anything, I don't mean it. I don't at all. You should anybody check it from anything about you.
Speaker 5: You should have called the Laurel L.
Speaker 2: Roses Roses from TMZS, Delaware States.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Good boy, hold up every day a week ago, click your ass up the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: You don't finish, y'all done