Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, welcome back, E y L.
Speaker 3: We on our last leg out hand in Atlanta, and yeah, we saved especially one for our last episode that we were recording out here. So if you live in Atlanta and you got opportunity to attend our last that was actually our last live events was on We was on tour before Corona hit and we hit Houston, we hit Chicago, New York City, La Atlanta, and our last event, we had the biggest event that we had. We had a live podcast and then we had a workshop the next day. So the couple that's here today was guest on a live podcast special.
Speaker 2: It was a dope event.
Speaker 4: Who knew?
Speaker 3: Who knew it would be last potentially for a long period of time.
Speaker 2: That's a fact.
Speaker 3: So Jason and Halani Label better known as Mister and Missus two weeks out lobdel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got you, I got you. He's like, wad say I got you. Don't worry, I got you.
Speaker 3: Bolt better known as mister and Missus two weeks out on Instagram. So they're killing the game right now. Fitness couple, the first couple of fitness.
Speaker 4: That's a fact.
Speaker 3: The co owners of a gym called a law who Actually, we've been working out at all week.
Speaker 2: It's serious. If you're in Atlanta, you definitely a member at the Loft.
Speaker 4: It's a I can't feel my legs, Yeah, I can feel my legs today today, I can feel my legs.
Speaker 3: It's a culture. Hallani is actually a chief at the fire department, Yeah, battalion chief dec County, the right apartment. Jason actually also has an online subscription service for working out called X twenty eight. We're going to talk about that. And Helani is actually a fashion designer as well. She has a clothing line called body Envy. Is that what you're wearing right now?
Speaker 4: Only right? Only right, right right.
Speaker 3: So it was an interesting conversation because we obviously didn't know that COVID nineteen was going to change the entire world, and it's been interesting to see how like entrepreneurs have pivoted and made adjustments since COVID hit. So this is actually a dope interview because this is the first interview that we did where we already interviewed somebody pre COVID and it was a story. But now we're going to do the post COVID and it's a it's a different story that's going to show how a lot of entrepreneurs have actually thrived through this if you were positioned correctly. So it's going to be a very entertaining educational episode. But before we start, thank you guys for rocking with us again. Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I was saying like, y'all extended family. We've been around each other so much, but now y'all officially alone. Now this is it, this is this is what stamps it.
Speaker 3: And Jason actually had the vision because we wanted to do this, Like after the podcast, we was like you want to do He was like, no, no, wait because by he was like, he was like, she's going to blow up like her clothing line. Obviously he didn't know COVID was gonna hit, but he like, nah, just next time you're coming to Yeah, so this is the next time we're in town.
Speaker 2: So we're going to do it. So let's let's Jason, I want to start with you.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the last time we spoke, we talked about your journey as far as you know, starting your gym, the trials and tribulations that you had training Rick Ross, a bunch of other celebrities. But one thing that we didn't really talk about was what you started, which is the online subscription, which is really really dope for a couple of different reasons, and obviously now because of COVID has really took off. So let's talk about that. Let's talk about that, Like what gave you the insight before COVID to think, all right, I'm gonna be bigger than just a personal trainer, bigger than just a gym owner. I want to expand this and do something online.
Speaker 5: So with Instagram. Like I said, I was late to the party. Got on Instagram twenty fifteen. Everybody was already on there. But when I started getting on their showcasing my talent, posting my before and after pictures things I was actually doing in the gym, it was an overwhelming response for people saying, hey, man.
Speaker 4: Can you train me?
Speaker 5: Can you do Skype? Can you do FaceTime? Can we do any kind of training? I'm like, no, you gotta live in Atlanta. Yeah, And that just led to me seeking some type of somebody that was already doing an online program I.
Speaker 6: Can team up with, you know what I mean. So that's how that originated.
Speaker 5: I found a guy who was doing programs, We linked and we.
Speaker 6: Just started, you know, we created the actual X.
Speaker 5: It was L twenty eight at first, and that was X twenty eight, but that's where it came from.
Speaker 6: Man, I just couldn't reach everybody.
Speaker 5: So many people on Instagram that wanted to get trained and wanted to get the formula the system, and I couldn't reach them so soon as I got online.
Speaker 6: Like our first year, we had a girl lose one hundred pounds via the internet, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So we had so many success stories coming out the gate to where you know, it blew up because of the results and things.
Speaker 4: Was the campaign already in mind before when you started, because like part of our story was like Ernie Lisa started as a hashtag and I know you had that X twenty eight challenge as a hashtag. Was that the campaign going into it? Is that something like, yo, we can turn this into something huge if we use your hashtag.
Speaker 6: Well, it really was my partner he came up with that.
Speaker 5: With that part of it, you know, the actual branding and you know, the hashtaging and things of that nature. I was more so like the driving force, like whatever, whatever you say, let's go put it on there, you know, the systems, whatever.
Speaker 6: But my partner had a lot to do with that.
Speaker 3: So all right, So what is actly is it's like twenty eight days of different workout that you can.
Speaker 2: Do at home.
Speaker 5: Absolutely so basically it's like a thirty to forty five minute workout.
Speaker 6: You can do it from your phone. You can do it from a laptop whatever.
Speaker 5: You just press play and it's a different workout every day for twenty eight days.
Speaker 6: It's hit Cardio.
Speaker 4: Abs.
Speaker 5: Let me see it's yeah, just Cardio on abs. Basically, that's what it's folks. That's what the main form, the main program is focused on. But again, I have a beginner's challenge. I have an extreme challenge.
Speaker 4: To my wife.
Speaker 5: She has lower body blasts or brought her into it, and her program is actually the second best selling program on my platform.
Speaker 3: So does it change because it's a description, right, yeah, so it's different every month.
Speaker 6: Every month, it's a different workout.
Speaker 3: Soon, so do I want to talk about that? Because I mean we did what we did before insanity?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we did.
Speaker 3: It's different work out every day, right, Yeah, it is, but it's but it's only like a one time thing. It's like you're buy insanity and it's like it's for a month, but that's it. Like you can still do it against day time payment. So yours is interesting because it's like every single month, right, So all right, so what happened it changes up every month?
Speaker 5: Or how does every every single month it's a different workout like when we literally like.
Speaker 6: Change the location.
Speaker 5: We fly to Miami to shoot the next month, we go here to shoot the next month. We might be in the mountains the next month, you know. So the workouts is different, the location is different, you know. So we just try to if somebody's gonna be sitting there staring at for thirty minutes, we got to keep them engaged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's you shooting the content. You got yourself and some trainers. Obviously my partner that's dope.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Hell does it take to actually shoot a thirty day run?
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna put you on some game trainers. What we were doing, we were filming it all the way through. We were literally pressing play and we were filming thirty minute workouts, right, But what happening is after every workout, it's forty seconds on, twenty seconds off, and you get a break. So what we were doing working out for forty seconds, taking twenty seconds off, giving them a break, and we were doing the whole formula. Well, it's only about twenty two exercises. So what we started doing is filming the twenty two exercises. Now it only takes us twenty two minutes from the twenty two exercises.
Speaker 6: You get what I'm saying, and then we plug and play like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're shooting all the content and just chop it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we shoot all the content and we got a dope editor who comes in and you know, so we're still doing the workouts, but we're not doing the whole day one day, two, day three. A lot of people are doing that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it took us to know about a six month period, like damn, got it be easy way to do this.
Speaker 2: After the workout.
Speaker 6: Each day all you know.
Speaker 5: So we just figured it out, like, Yo, let's just shoot how many workouts? Was it twenty two? Shoot the twenty two workouts? Get somebody, plug and play and boom. So now we can shoot. We can shoot three months at a time.
Speaker 3: That's why I was gonna ask you, like how many days? How many months? So you shoot like a quarter, Like you shoot three months in three days?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so what I Yeah, that's how we do. So we go to Miami, Right, we'll shoot one month. It takes us a couple hours, but we'll go to Miami and we'll shoot against the beach. Then we go on the rooftop and then we'll go somewhere else, you know what I mean, so that those for the next quarter.
Speaker 6: We got those exercises already mapped out, so.
Speaker 3: Like one month is on the beach, one month is on the rooftop, one month is on the bay yep, And it looks like it's different locations, and it's like that's the month, and then in three months you'll do it again in Arizona.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Oh, you already already know all right, we gotta shoot for the next three Yeah, so hold of you. You actually brought this guy into the fitness game.
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 4: So he talked about that because now it's like, you mean I've seen the workouts. Actually I actually watched you work I said, though, this is how is she doing this? That lower body blast is different? What is it like when you're shooting?
Speaker 7: So it's easy for me, to be honest, the lower body workouts, I mean that's what I do. Glut camp. I mean I can go, I can do anything lower body wise and just zone out and just do it. So it's not hard. It's just the time factor for me because I juggle so many things. So it's when he says, okay, we got to have this day set aside because we got to shoot x twenty eight. It's like, look at my calendar. Okay, cool, I can do it, you know, and shoot it. But yeah, it's just it's not hard. It's easier for me to do it.
Speaker 4: It's stelf watching it.
Speaker 7: Right, And it's so funny because the feedback there like you're killing us this month, and I'm sitting here like that's what I want to do is kill you. But for me it's it's easy.
Speaker 3: Now it's a revolutionary way to actually, because gyms were already becoming kind of obsolete and COVID just kind of escalated that. So it's like, now, if you can just work out at home for thirty minutes, you don't feel like having to go out in the cold and run to the gym and do all of that.
Speaker 2: And like, what's the price. What's what's the subscription price?
Speaker 5: So it's forty nine dollars for the twenty eight day program.
Speaker 6: All programs are the same price, forty nine dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we run fifty percent off all the time, Like if you get in the first week of a challenge, it's gonna be fifty percent off. So okay, somebody saying, okay, twenty five dollars a go You know what I mean, it's a.
Speaker 6: It's a go get. It's a go get.
Speaker 2: So it's twenty five dollars a month.
Speaker 3: How how they do they get the new content is like a website that they log into.
Speaker 5: So basically they go to the website. They click on the website and then you go to your program. Okay, I mean Extreme. I click Extreme. As soon as you hit extreme, it has day one through twenty eight. You go to day one, press play, and I pop up doing jumping jacks. Know what I'm saying, Just like you know, it's just it's it's twenty twenty. It's not like the Deep either slide of the same, essentially the same thing. You put it in a DVD and they do have a year.
Speaker 2: You just pressed play.
Speaker 4: The first time I heard about X twenty eight, it was Mike, before we even knew like what this was going on. Michael's like, yeah, you gotta try this. I'm doing this. He was like, Yo, I'm trying it. Been I would lose the weight. I'm like, what is this statement? He's like, Nah, this is the best work I ever. He's like, yeah, you gotta follow this page and I was like, oh, this is different. So your story you told us last time on when we did the live obviously the Johnson story. What's the ratio now with I know like a lot of women would coming to the boot camps and coming to the glue classes. What's that race shield look like now? Is there more man or is it? How we looking in terms of numbers.
Speaker 5: As far as the physical gym location, yeah, we'll both both. What I will say this, I have a boutique style gym, meaning that everybody in my gym sees a trainer, you know what I mean. The most guys go get a partner and they going to La Fit and it's not knowing what the hell they're doing and just work out. I mean, like I was a guy, I just went and hit chest every day, you know what I mean. So in my gym, like I said, since it's more structured, it's literally eighty percent women twenty percent guys. And the same thing online when it comes to paying for stuff like that, guys normally don't unless you got like a like my boy Mike Rashid, he got like an alpha alpha program for gud.
Speaker 3: Shot somebody he follows us out the big.
Speaker 6: Bro that's my man.
Speaker 3: So HOLI let me ask you this because that's interesting because since most of the people are women, do you feel that as a woman, women want to see men training them or because the reason why I asked is I was used to work in the financial services industry and I heard somewhere that they said that women, like most men, want to work with men as a financial advisor. Most women don't map it doesn't they don't mind it being a woman or a man, like they'll work with men or women the same. Do you think that that's the same for training, Like, do you think women want to work with women or see a woman instructor or they don't mind if it's a man or a woman.
Speaker 7: I think it's really a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: You have.
Speaker 7: Personally myself, I prefer to work with a man, but I have a lot of women that will reach out to me, Hey can you train me? I don't train and so ill my husband does, and so you know, they'll go on with him. So I think it's a little bit of both. Some women they feel as if being a woman you understand their body a little bit better. So I want a female trainer, and then I happen to think that a lot of the male trainers are just a little bit more aggressive, a little bit more you know, you know, And so depending on what's solid training, be like you like that, you know, And so it's like I want somebody to be on me, you be a little harder on me. So I think it's a little bit of both, to be honest with you, It just depends on the person's personal preference. And I find that women who are a little bit more timid and shy in the gym, they want that female attention initially.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you this because you guys, you have a marriage obviously, but you have a business partnership as well. But even in the business partnership, it's like technically like if business partners even if you're not business partners right, because it's like you said before, you was like the gym, is is your gym just because y'all have married, Like now I'm saying, it's like he's part of your clothing line because y'all married. So how does that, because a lot of couples might be listening, how does that go in to play? As far as to say, okay, like we're gonna talk about body envy, which is like your your brain child, but if Jason gives input, it's chasing your business partner in this.
Speaker 7: Or he is he is although I didn't necessarily want him to be, he is. He automatically just becomes it. And it's so funny because I have someone shouts out to iman Dad. She handles a lot of things on Instagram for me in terms of finding influencers and things to do marketing. She'll communicate with him like she's like, I talked to Jason already and Jason said this, this and that, and I'm like, but you know, you gotta I make the final decision.
Speaker 8: Right, you know.
Speaker 7: So it's like, you know, automatically we're partners, no matter if we want to be or not. But it works because I can get complacent and when I think, Okay, you know I've done enough, this is good enough, he's like it's not. You're only operating at thirty three percent. And I'm like, what do you mean I do XYZ? And he's like, no, but you can do this, this and that to make your business grow and be better. And I have to admit, you know, he's been an entrepreneur way longer than I have I'm new to the game. He's been doing this for years, and so I got to sometimes take a step back and be like, you know what, Yeah, Unfortunately I don't like to hear it all the time, but this is the best business partner that's right.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I saw him wearing the tank town man. I said, go ahead, yeah, So how does that work now? Especially with COVID And we kind of spoke about it when we walked in having that work life balance now that kids are homeschool what has that been?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: I know, you the chief, you got the business runner, you got the gym, Like, what is that like now? For you?
Speaker 7: COVID has actually made things better. I hate to say it that way, but it's allowed me personally to slope down a little bit more so, Like you know, with the classes. We're not doing the classes at the gym right now obviously, so I don't have to worry about Saturday mornings. I got to go to the gym and teach. Whether I just got off of work, off a twenty four hour schedule that morning, I still got to go to the gym and do that. I don't worry about that the kids sports, they're not doing that, right now you know, so no Socca Mom Kingston just started football again just this week. But you know, it was just allowed things to kind of calm down a little bit. Who were confined to the house. What allowed you to really sit down and really focus on your business and what you needed to do to grow your business, grow as a family, and just really kind of revamp things. It's been Although it's turned the world upside down, this virus, it's kind of been a blessing in other areas.
Speaker 4: That's true. Okay, Yeah, I saw Instagram trying to hate on you. You have posted a workout video. They took you down.
Speaker 7: I do get me. Sometimes I'm like, plea, just let me be great.
Speaker 2: They sensitive there was music playing or something like that. All music.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, right that I want to talk about any before I got one my question about Jay So Jason, So the revenue model for this subscription service, like how like what's how much money are you guys bringing in as far as like revenue only?
Speaker 2: No overhead?
Speaker 5: Right, so now we have this is the thing about online Your overhead is as big as your business.
Speaker 6: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So when we first started, we didn't have any overhead because we were doing everything ourselves. Now we got a team like literally people at cubicles answering the phone. We got customer service, we got this.
Speaker 2: We have customer yeah, we have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have that.
Speaker 5: We have email, like people just on hand twenty four hours a day because it's grown so much.
Speaker 2: People having issues with the log and stuff like that. They got all that.
Speaker 6: But you can at a click of it.
Speaker 5: But by the time you finished, you will see that bubble floating because we got somebody go. But like I was saying before, before COVID, you know, we were doing doing our thing. I'll discussed numbers before. You know, we were we hit one hundred twenty thousand like the first five months, and we never went up under that, you know, but we just trended, you know, we got a.
Speaker 6: Little higher, a little higher.
Speaker 5: But since COVID hit, we went platinum baby, Okay, Like you can see you look at my ground, you see the private jets and all that, like it hit, you know what I'm saying. So we are blessed, you know what I'm saying. Fortunate And another part about X one y I never talk about it is just the systems, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: The same thing some of my wife. Basic just just systems that we have put in place.
Speaker 5: Right when I think about the online program, I think about everything that goes along with it. I'm sending them to the store to get supplements. Nah, I gotta start making supplements. So we got a warehouse and we started making supplements. I'm saying when it came to like the sweet sweat, you know the cream? Now, I got my own cream called LIT, and it's better.
Speaker 6: Than sweet sweat.
Speaker 2: What's to call LIT? What sweet sweat?
Speaker 5: Which we sweat? It's like a cream that you put on, you put the rapid stomach and it makes you. So I've with us creating a seven figure business. We've also been been able to create five other six figure businesses within you know, I never even talk about my affiliate program, But my affiliate we made a quarter mally dollars first year, and that's off of we created an affiliate program for trainers who didn't have a program. They could sign up as an affiliate and say, Yo, you can't train with me. I'm affiliated at X twenty eight. You can go on here through my site, you know what I mean. They get their own link in their bio and they sell it. What ended up happening is we made it.
Speaker 6: Available to the ladies who were losing weight.
Speaker 5: Now you got soccer moms who work a whole nine to five and this and the third they're making three hundred dollars a month, four hundred dollars a month, and we start looking like, damn, Tanyana made twelve hundred dollars this month. You know what I'm saying, like, go Tanya. You know it's like we really, you know, we're putting money back into you know, the community too, going about it that way because they're already telling people this is what they're doing. They don't have nothing else to post but transformation pictures. So now they're making money that way. So, you know, between the affiliate program the actual gym, because that's how we created the gym.
Speaker 6: Through X twenty eight. I had my gym, he had his gym. We created an online program, we got a gym together, you know, the affiliate program.
Speaker 5: To supplements the gym, my sweat cream, lit all that made six figures plus, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So and then we come through with another seven figure business. You know, with the body end.
Speaker 5: It's hers, but just household the same household, you know what I mean, Like it's fitness multi multiple absolutely, and it's like we were doing t shirt, we were doing.
Speaker 6: Stuff and it's just like I had tights, I had all that stuff.
Speaker 5: But it's like we ain't had no time for it is in the third and people kept sending her stuff and it was just like she took upon herself to do it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: When she did, it just took off.
Speaker 4: You was right, you predicted it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I said.
Speaker 5: I was like, I'm like, nah, she gave him a minimum. Let's just next time we talked, she gonna be at a minute.
Speaker 3: So yeah, let's go to that. So body envy, body envy. Last time we spoke, he was killing the game. How has things changed since then? What with COVID?
Speaker 2: And uh, how's how's the merchandise business going for you these days?
Speaker 7: It's amazing it is.
Speaker 4: We plaied them in the streets to get.
Speaker 7: Listen. I didn't. I never dreamt that it would be where it is right now. I really didn't. I had no idea it would take off the way it did. I and I have to say, when COVID hit, I told Jason, I was like, well, no need for me to buy more inventory because it's it's a rap right now, I might as well just wait, sit back and see, you know, how this thing plays out. And then I was like, well, let me just keep doing what I'm doing, and literally it was just skyrocketing from there. I can't I don't want to jump ahead. I don't want to leave some things but later. But I mean, it's just it's it's been a blessing. It really has. People weren't able to go to the gym. They were doing workouts at home. But they were like, I'm gonna be dressed doing my workouts at home. I'm gonna look good doing my workouts at home, and you know, eventually the world will get back to normal, so to speak, and so I'll be ready to hit the streets and my body envy. So they were still just buying and buying and buying, and I'm still producing and changing things up and customizing so I don't see body and beyond you know this first and over there with a different name attached to it. You know, I don't want to see that. And so just changing things up and making it more exclusive and setting it apart from some of the other brands that other people have here in Atlanta. You know we're doing that. And I'm saying we're because this is my business partner. You know we're doing it. And I just what was that Monday, Monday, Tuesday this week, I just signed paperwork out for my body of your headquarters.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's you got a physical location.
Speaker 7: I do have a physical location coming.
Speaker 2: Just like a drop shipping center.
Speaker 7: So it's it's it's an office space, yes, warehouse, office space. Of course, I'll be doing my shipments from their housing. All the inventory there, allowing for store pickup. So not a brick and mortar to viccent where they can come there and shot, but they can they can pick they can pick it up. Yeah, tensatively the end of next month.
Speaker 4: Well that's quick. Yeah, I ain't playing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it hasn't even been a year in business yet, I'm still this is still this is new.
Speaker 5: In the.
Speaker 7: Boxes, total chaos right now.
Speaker 4: So it started out as apparel, but have you moved into the aquesce like when you were working out, there's like some equipment pieces now too.
Speaker 7: So I have resistance bans and and that's actually how I started was with resistance bands. Initially it was just because I did I do lower body blasts with X twenty eight and then with glue camp it was let me get my own fabric resistance bans, and so I had that first and that's how I started with e commerce, was with that. And so every now and then I'll put it back online with body Envy. But truly it's mainly apparel.
Speaker 4: So the only place can is it the place the only place they can get it at the website or is it like if I go on Amazon, I type in body Envy, it'll be up there too.
Speaker 7: It's coming, that's on the way. Amazon is on the way.
Speaker 2: So let me as.
Speaker 3: Before I used I know he was getting merchandise from Ali Baba, which is located it's a China.
Speaker 2: It's like the Chinese Amazon. Anybody's not familiar.
Speaker 3: So with COVID, especially at the beginning stages of COVID, a lot of shipments from China wasn't coming or it was delayed whatever, how that affect.
Speaker 2: Did you get a new supplier or I did.
Speaker 7: So I found two suppliers in La Okay. But I have to say everything slowed down, even the La connects although they're in the United States. Everything slowed down, and so we did take a hit, so to speak, with the inventory because we had to wait.
Speaker 6: Shout out to my boy Barn Pakistan shot shout them, yeah.
Speaker 7: Connect now. So I still do utilize the Allei Boba. I still utilize my California connects as well. And now I have somebody in Pakistan and we still have delays. But what I do is I just order so much so that when the delays hit, it's I got this coming from here, this coming from there. So I never have a dead area whatsoever because something is always coming.
Speaker 6: But she got time to the real quick the Shopify story.
Speaker 2: Of course, let's do it because some people the first running back.
Speaker 7: Yeah okay, So I purchased the resistance vans for my class.
Speaker 2: That's what it was for. This is how it originally started.
Speaker 7: Yes, this is the beginning of Hallani being an entrepreneur. Period before Body and Nobody v was even going to exist, it was just teaching glue Camp. I'm using Latex resistance vans from a company that sent them to me, and I'm like, we got to try something different. Went to Ali Baba, ordered my fabric resistance bands, had them customized. They say, glue Camp Atlanta on it at the loft, got them in. Jason is like, you need to sell these things online. I didn't buying him sell them a line. It sounds like I only had one hundred of them my bottom for my class. He's like, man, set up a shopify. I didn't even know what a shopify was, you guys, it's like, what is that? Go to shopaa dot com. I did once Shopify literally set up the account in five minutes. I want in my closet on the hardwood, took a picture of the band, put it on the site, put it in my story like Resistance vands available. Went to sleep, walk up the next morning and it was probably midnight when o't to sleep. But I had to go to work the next day. So I walk up at four forty. It already made over four hundred dollars in those four hours, and so.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I told you, I told you.
Speaker 7: He loves to hear that he told me. But I'm like, I made over four hundred dollars and I'm almost sold out of this stuff, you know. So I went to work. Needless to say, I had made over a thousand dollars in less than twenty four hours. And I'm like, that's pretty good. You know, I made five times what I spent on this stuff. And this was not my initial intention was to do this. It was to heaven for my class, you know. And so with that that allowed me to see the power of e commerce and the power of what you can do online versus everything being you know, face to face. Is that all you want me to.
Speaker 6: Tell it in Shopify? Not only that, but like when you do so much number a lot of people don't know. We didn't know. Oh yeah, Shopify hit us with the first loan, what was it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so so And this came from just talking to other people too, So you know, there was a lot of things I didn't even know about. Shopify just even shouts out to support black colleges. I met with Justin and they have a clothing apparel line for college students. And met with him at the gym and he's like, he looked at my Shopify and he's like, hey, you don't have all these apps integrated into Shopify that you need for your website. I had no clue any of that, and I was using all my capital to just keep pouring back into my business.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: He was like Shopify offer you a loan when they see the amount of money that you're bringing in, the amount of money that you're making off of their platform. I had no idea. I went to the area where he said, and there was loans waiting, three different ones. It was forty six thousand, ninety three and one hundred and twenty six thousand, and I'm like, I didn't even know that was sitting there. And that was actually an option from Shopify.
Speaker 3: From Shopify, you have to reach how much money do you have to like bring in to get that? Is it like a certain threshold or.
Speaker 7: I don't know what the specifics are. It was sitting there, like do you want this? And so the first time, you know, I was real conservative. I was like, I'm let me do the forty thousand dollars clear, yes, right, So I did it and literally in two business days that forty thousand was in my account.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: And so, you know, it was things like that that we had no idea. I'm just using my money. I'm just wiping my freaking debit card to do what I needed to do. Not realize that I can use this. And what they do is they take seventeen percent of your daily sales to pay it back.
Speaker 2: Oh so it's not is it an interest rate too?
Speaker 7: A very small, very very small interest rate. And when I say, you don't even notice what they're taken from from you.
Speaker 4: So after you paid, so they taken seventeen percent after you paid a forty back and then you call it, will have for another moan? Or how's that work?
Speaker 7: So when you get to I want to say, it's fifteen percent that you have left to pay, they'll offer you another loan.
Speaker 6: I need two hundred, They'll.
Speaker 7: Offer you another loan. And that's the game changer in itself, because you know, for a lot of people who have these businesses, that's all they have, you know, Thank goodness, we had what he has going on. And then, of course with my fire department, body Envy was literally my side business, that's what I called it, initially, my little side business. And not realizing that my little side business makes more for me monthly than my entire salary for the year from the fire department, you know, and so realizing that those other tools are options helped to fund your business and helped to grow it. Who knew?
Speaker 4: I think the last the last time we spoke, I think our last words were you like you asked me if I'm still teaching and I said yes. I said, you are still in the fire department. You said yeah, and I said maybe in a yeale south and you said yeah, I think we're retired here too. So are we there?
Speaker 2: So did you? Did you stop teaching? That's the first question.
Speaker 4: I have taken the year off, so clap it up for that. So let's put you on the spot. Now are we still.
Speaker 7: So I'm still there, I'm still there, you know. Okay, this is my thing. So eighteen years in at this point I need to do twenty. I need to do twenty. The reason I need to do twenty is to really really solidify this pension that I have worked eighteen years for. And that's the big picture I think too. What people need to hear also is you can be an entrepreneur and still keep your nine to five. That's what you choose, you know, because at the end of the day, one of the biggest expenses for entrepreneurs is health insurance pay for We don't have to worry about can we go to the doctor? Can our kids go to the doctor? You know it's there, And I have a pension So when I turn fifty years old, every single month on the first I got this amount coming to my account every single month like clockwork. So eighteen years in, I need to do twenty to really maximize what I have done in these eighteen years. So two more years, two more.
Speaker 6: Joe was working side hustle until the ride was your main hustle.
Speaker 5: And I tell you, she works twenty four hour shift, gets offt work and she got a stack this high. I'm telling my slippers she gotta take and package them and go hundreds of orders or not anymore. Well, we got help nowt But you know, the initial grind was that was working twenty four hour shifts and coming home and I just hear her the fax machine or whatever that machine is upstairs, label printer, just.
Speaker 6: Just printing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But you know, to anybody that's watching this, man, if you're working your job, you know that's a that's just solid advice. You know, let you let your side hustle start riding your main hustle before you just get out of there and bail, you know what I mean, Damn near make it to where you gotta leave.
Speaker 4: That's just my.
Speaker 6: Opinion, you know, what I mean. Yeah, definitely when your bills has covered things of that nature.
Speaker 3: So as far as the merch are you ordering it like already done is print like the logo, everything is already printed on it, and all you gotta do is ship it.
Speaker 7: Yes. Now, Prior to I was pressing everything myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, so literally I have the.
Speaker 7: I'm printing out the labels, creating the labels, printing the labels out, peeling that crap, pressing it on there. I have two heat presses. I mean, we had a whole factory going, and I was killing myself from the twenty four hour ships coming home having to pressed stuff package it. Then, like he said, I had stacks of labels. I had to get this stuff shipped out, and we're doing it. I had the kids involved. I mean it was like home on. Everybody put upstairs. We got to get this done, you know. And I was really really killing myself. It became where my business was. I wasn't enjoyable because it was so much work to do. So now got smart. So everything comes already labeled up, packaged up, and all we got to do is just ship it. And I don't even ship anymore. I have hired full time help and so now that's done too, so I can, you know, take a step back and handle them behind the scenes stuff versus being so hands on with everything.
Speaker 3: So even though it's more money, So like, just give me an example, like a shirt, Like if you had to print it, how much would it be as opposed to just having it already printed and all you got to do is mail it.
Speaker 7: It actually saves me money having them print it because I would have to buy the vinyl, and the vinyl you're buying big rings of it that might cost me one hundred and fifty to two hundred dollars for those rings on top of just the time that I was putting in doing it. Whereas with China having them do it, they might charge me just one hundred dollars flat one time because I have manufacturers that I use constantly, so they'll charge me one time and that's to create the mold for the logo. After that, they just do it. I don't even hate it.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 9: Ernerds.
Speaker 4: What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, It's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot Com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 10: Coach, the energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 9: It was the new game day scratches from the California Lottery players.
Speaker 4: Everything.
Speaker 9: Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 10: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 9: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game. That's all for now, Coach, one more question.
Speaker 10: Play the new Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine ers and Los Angeles Rams scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day. Peace, pay responsibily. Must be eighteen years or older to purchase plate or claim for it anymore.
Speaker 4: Real Superwoman another thing that he said, Superwoman man doing all that doing Bible study. I saw the other night, and I saw that. I saw the guy who was looking I we ain't gonna bring up the guy who was trying to record and mess it up. But so having the kids there and watching y'all hustle like this, I mean, do you see entrepreneurism? And is this something that they are looking to do in the future or they're gonna be running these businesses?
Speaker 5: Well, my son, it was already in them, like he was. I look up at the barbershop. He went to the barber.
Speaker 6: She went to tell the story real quick.
Speaker 5: He went to the dropping them off at the barbershop, and I go back to pick him up, and I'm looking at her like that was taking a long time. I'm looking in the door, and he got a brooms sweeping around them.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That the boy ain't show up that day, so he's sweeping the barbershop getting paid, you know what I mean. So it got to a point where he was like, da, can you tell me the barber shop make some money? Okay, So you know that's kind of him. My daughter she ordered some lighters or something.
Speaker 4: They're dimbling and dabbling in it.
Speaker 6: Now just from seeing us, Like my daughter ordered something some lighters or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, some I don't even know what they are, but there's some lighters that the kids use or whatever, all these kids smoking.
Speaker 6: But anyways, but.
Speaker 7: My son, for sure, he's been like a hustler since he's too. I mean, you see it in them, and his whole thing is he wants to take over whatever daddy's doing. So yeah, my daughter, she's dibbling, dabbling, trying to find her way. You know, when they see our back office, it's unreal to them. And so when they see what you can do, you know, just working for yourself and finding things that you like in a way that you can impact people, because we're impacting people with our businesses, you know, and so when they see that, it's like I want to do it too. They're just trying to figure out how Kingston is like, I'm doing what daddy's doing. Riley is like, let me find my lane and we'll go from there. But I definitely can see them being entrepreneurs as well, the option to do it, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: So when you was we talked before, you said, like your marketing originally was like influencers Instagram influences. They helped push the brand. You still doubling down on that, Like, what's the marketing for both programs, for the for the fitness program and for the for the clothing brand. How are you getting the word to the people? How are you market Is it paid the ads? Is it influencers? Like, what's the deal?
Speaker 5: Well, we got a team, shouts out to Leon. We got a guy who run our Facebook ads going crazy. Just to give an example, like with ads, a lot of time, like when we first started doing our ads with X twenty eight, we were just flipping money. We were spending thirty thousand dollars making seventy thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Thought we were winning.
Speaker 5: We hired a company, you know, and now it's three times that amount, you know, thirty thousand and making three hundred thousand.
Speaker 6: You know, So we just didn't know that. So when it comes to like her business, same thing, you know, get the experts to do it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: I looked at Demi dot com, I looked at everything, trying to learn it myself, but I would rather go pay an expert, you know. I mean, so that's what we did. We got a guy who does the Facebook ads. We got a girl who go get the influencers for it.
Speaker 2: That's just her job, that's what she just reaches out.
Speaker 5: All she does is DM influencers and tell us yeah, and they, you know, come back with astronomical prices.
Speaker 3: Negotiate what has been more effective, the influencers or the Facebook ads ads?
Speaker 4: Undefeated?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because with me with body Envy, initially started, I was the face. I am the face of body Envy. But it was me constantly promoting the brand. And then it was okay, let's look to some influencers. But of course that's trial and error. You'll think, Okay, someone has a million followers, so surely they're gonna drive traffic to your business. That they do nothing for you. I mean absolutely not. And so that's so touch and goal depending on who you utilize. So Jason kept telling me you need to start running ads, and I'm looking at him like, no, I'm not running ads. I don't want to spend that money on ads. I don't want to do it. Finally, finally, it's been four this is a fourth month with running ads, and I might spend whatever I spend, I'm going to make six to seven times whatever I spend.
Speaker 4: So you got to say, I told you.
Speaker 7: Don't encourage.
Speaker 6: Wait, we already did.
Speaker 4: Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 7: I give him so much pushback sometimes, but I'm like, I'm looking at the numbers and I know what they spend on ads for X twenty eight and I'm like, I don't want to do that right now, not realizing that it was going to do what it did for my business. And so like he said, shouts out to Leon when Leon sends me my graphs at the end of the month and he's showing me exactly which ads did what, and I'm looking at those conversions, and I'm like, whoa, who knew. So now I don't really utilize influencer marketing because I don't have to because he's getting he's pushing my brand to people who they might not follow. Those people, you know, it's the moms who are sitting in the house that don't follow the celebrities so to speak. They're just following you, you know, their friends on social media and they're seeing it and they're able to buy. And so the ads changed the game.
Speaker 2: It really did the Facebook ads work.
Speaker 3: It's like somebody said to us, like if I gave you a dollar and you gave me back five How many dollars would you give me?
Speaker 6: That's exactly how exactly how it works.
Speaker 5: And I tell people but even like with the Instagram adds, I always use Alex for example, like if you know, you know, you know, I was being and Alex.
Speaker 6: To run ass he wouldn't do it, wouldn't do it.
Speaker 5: Now his ad got getting him like ten times, as you know, I mean, shout ou out to Alex. But before then, what he was doing was when he had eight thousand followers. I remember Alex had videos with one hundred thousand views.
Speaker 6: How the hell is he getting?
Speaker 4: Is he just feeding?
Speaker 5: He'll make an ad and just feed it, put one hundred hundred dollars behind it, and after the seven days, would you like to do it again?
Speaker 6: And he just kept feeding his way at this ad.
Speaker 5: Making all the money on Instagram, you know what I mean. But a lot of people think that you have to have a large following. You got to know people, you gotta know, you gotta know what you're doing, you gotta do You need to be watching earn your leisure.
Speaker 4: So you might have to watch, watch, watch what the guys are doing. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And that works for our business too, you know what I mean, Like you just said, we literally sat down with support Black Colleges. Within the first five minutes of that hour conversation, he saved us thousands of dollars with shipping.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just for shipping.
Speaker 6: The first five minutes of conversation.
Speaker 7: I was just like, it's like, you're spending how much y're shipping?
Speaker 2: What did you do the cut chipping costs?
Speaker 7: Say that again?
Speaker 6: Did you do the cutch shipping cast?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: So what I did?
Speaker 7: I had everything going out priority mail, Everything was priority. He was like, you don't have to have everything going out priorities.
Speaker 2: Regular MA just regular mail.
Speaker 7: At the end the end of the day, it's gonna get there, you know.
Speaker 4: And so you just got to wait two days. Priority means like one of two days versus.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one to two days, regular mail is three to three. You might wait one more day. And with COVID, priority mail is not guaranteed to get there anyway, you know. And so he saved me five six dollars per packet.
Speaker 2: Why did you Why would you do a priority You just wanted to.
Speaker 5: Just have it.
Speaker 7: I didn't know, we know, I did not know. Literally it was well this sounds good. You know, once two days it gets there. So I'm gonna choose that.
Speaker 2: I must. I must be real cheap because I always do that.
Speaker 4: Like I.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm like, I just watch it. I say, whatever the cheapest option is, that's what I want to do. Like you sure, I'm like, yes, option, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 7: I was so ignorant too, but I didn't even know there was another option.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know, you're just rich, that's all.
Speaker 4: It's different. You got a different type of.
Speaker 6: Good man.
Speaker 2: You know you didn't. You didn't have to get the stamps. It's all good. You appreciate take this to the mail for me, send it first class or whatever. Trumpets and an eagle.
Speaker 4: But she got hundreds of packages.
Speaker 6: She's doing that with just going I'm talking about day, hundreds of packages.
Speaker 7: I did that for months. I did that from months because I just did not know. I had no idea. So it was literally, you know, taking the time to reach out to somebody else in this industry, not in the same exact industry that I'm in, because I can't expect for that person to feed me the game, so to speak. But he literally sat down with me and was like, hey, you need these apps, things like just so when something's out of stock, back in stock apps, so they get notified when it comes back in stock. Little things that you know you see all the time when you're shopping online. But why you're not integrating it into your own business, you know, But a lot of times you just don't know that that's an option to do it. You think these are big brands and so that's why they have these options and not realizing that you can have them too. And so he gave me eleven different apps to add onto my platform, and I reached out shout out to Continental g He handles all my web stuff for me and he integrated everything for me, and so it's done. Now they have all the different options. They have the timer when they check out, they have you know, when something comes back and sock.
Speaker 2: So what's the system that you haven't like? All right, I go to bodynv dot com.
Speaker 4: App.
Speaker 7: Okay they have an app now?
Speaker 3: So yeah, all right, So I go I ordered something. Now what happens? It goes to your assistant or somebody they get it. And what's the process.
Speaker 7: So I have an assistant who works She works Monday through Thursday. That's her schedule. She only works five hours a day. It's all that's necessary. And say, for instance, today orders came in today. When she comes to work on Monday, she logs in, she sees all the orders that have come So she's gonna ship out Friday, Saturday, Sunday orders on Monday go out Monday, she'll come in she's gonna do I'm sorry Tuesday, she's gonna do Monday's orders. So she's always like a day behind. So she'll ship out the orders. So if you're getting their orders very quickly, and if something has to be pressed, so to speak, if something comes in and God forgive forbid, they forgot to put the lowbo on it, she'll handle that. But she handles everything as far as shipping, as far as the handling of it. My marketing manager city. If they have a discrepancy with something, they got the wrong size, or they didn't like it, she handles that aspect of things. So she'll respond to all the emails, she'll respond to all the dms. I don't touch any of that, none of that. Literally. I get a report at the end of the day, like these are the things that took place, These are the issues that we might have had today. This is how I address them, and that's that love.
Speaker 4: So ja, I'm gonna put you on the spot.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: Body envy is doing well, a lot of streams coming in. Do we have a male version in the works or is that something that you're thinking about?
Speaker 5: You know what? We were playing with a couple of pieces again, Like I say something about guys, I don't know. It's different, wear the old shirt, cut sleeves off, I do it, you know what I mean? Like I get fresh too at the gym, but I'm rare, you know what I mean. I go to gym dead fresh, but majority of the guys gonna put on.
Speaker 4: A T shirt. I don't care.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they just yeah.
Speaker 7: So it's not really it's a little harder to reach the guy market. So you know, we got a few tanks. We might do T shirts, but I don't think. I'm not going to say we won't. But it's not like on the priority.
Speaker 4: List right now, gotcha?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's keeping like I always heard with clothes, you don't want to have too many different options. It's better to have like fewer options. Is that your philosophy or all right?
Speaker 5: I would so like this shirt right here, This is my shirt were CEOs right, and we just have this shirt we have in different colors and it's going crazy.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying is doing this thing I think about Maddy j c L.
Speaker 2: Shirt assets over liabilities.
Speaker 6: Asset change the color, guys, get guys gonna buy these shirts, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So they're gonna work out in these shirts.
Speaker 7: Wear different women are different. We want a variety, you know, with ath leisure were I mean, you can wear this stuff whether you want to the gym, here, doing the podcast. You know howeful way you want to change it up, I'll put it almost some slides in a bag and go, you know. And so we need more options because we wear it for different things. It's not literally just dedicated to just going to the gym. Yes, ath leisure wear, so what.
Speaker 2: Does that mean?
Speaker 3: You can put heels on with it, so you slash athletics, slash leisure, ath leisure, ath leisure exactly.
Speaker 7: So variety is better. So what I do is I have drops every Friday. So every Friday, if you have the app at eleven am, whatever I'm dropping for that day, like today, I drop four new sets so you have access to it on the app. At eleven am. The masses online have access to it at twelve pm. Every single Friday, we do new release drops every Friday.
Speaker 4: So are you a design team or we built up we built out of the signty. At this point, I am the design are the design team. So every Friday you putting out something?
Speaker 7: Yes, every Friday, I'm putting out something.
Speaker 4: We gotta we gotta use the new names Superwoman in enough. It's not fit. It's not fitting.
Speaker 7: Enough pieces several pieces not enough.
Speaker 6: Say man, we had We've We've had a lot of help. Even I know what is it? My God versus everybody?
Speaker 2: My God versus my enemy ship?
Speaker 6: Yeah, my God versus my enemies. I'm in a mastermind with him, you know.
Speaker 5: Okay, alumna, I saw alumni and you know, just like we in I got help so I can ask these guys, hey, man, how you doing this?
Speaker 6: How you doing that? You know that type of thing you talk.
Speaker 3: About that the master because that's one thing, especially in Atlanta, I gotta you gotta culture, which I got like through like masterminds. Just talk about the importance of that as far as just networking and building and learn, and that's one that's my favorite part about the podcast.
Speaker 2: It's a great networking.
Speaker 3: Tool and a lot of the people that we come in contact with we keep relationships with, and it's like, all right, now we're getting trucks and Alex can help us with trucking, or we're doing options and Mark helps us with options.
Speaker 2: So it's like different things.
Speaker 3: We got pretty much anybody on speed out that we can have it in an industry, whether it's mortgages or whatever. So I don't think people fully appreciate that, but like I said, that's something that you guys do. I think every week you have like a meteor product, So talk about like the importance of that and like how that's actually helped you as well.
Speaker 5: So what we try to do is just well we got our core group of guys, but like Justin he's in the he's like in what do.
Speaker 2: You call that multi level marketing?
Speaker 5: Four x four X, But yeah, most of the multi level marketing, but four x you know, the trading him five hundred, he does the credit.
Speaker 6: Neil does every.
Speaker 5: Single thing about let me see what everything I got my fitness and my clothing line with my wife, you know, and Alex does the trucks. But when you get together with a group of guys, you start understanding that basic business principles apply across the.
Speaker 6: Board, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like I could literally say that Alex wasn't running ass bro, you need to run ass Now he makes six figures a month just from the ad part, you know, Like I said, I'm saying, I'm telling him that, but I just was on his ass about that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Some of the things that Neil has.
Speaker 5: Implemented in my business h five hundred, even understanding the credit and things that nature trying to get my it's just so much, so much.
Speaker 2: Value there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So even you know, when you guys.
Speaker 5: Come in town, we start talking to y'all, and it's just everybody from all different walks of life. You're gonna be able to pick something out of something and apply to your business, you know what I mean. So I think that's very important because every week we've learned something new, Like we're just learning. We know our port chops and all that, but we learning every week, you know what I mean. And it's a good vibe, good energy, and we invite other guys in, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Put their input and pour into it. So we just really just pouring into each other every week.
Speaker 2: That's a vibe. I want you to talk about the gym. You said something internal, like the gym is more so like.
Speaker 3: A flagship store at this point where it's like the online is like the lion share of like revenue, but the gym is like, like I said, that's kind of how I look at it, as more like a huge brand that just has like one physical location, like a fashion over. They used to have a store, a couple of different stores, but most of their money is coming online. So talk about that and like the importance of just having that physical location because people say brick and mortar is dead, but you're still doing both. You still have a brick and mortar, but you're actually still executing online. That's what I said too before COVID hit. I'm like, to me, I don't feel brick and mortar is dead, but I feel like if you don't have a way to get money online, your brick and mortar isn't going to survive. You can't just for a lot of days of just having a hot dog standing thinking you're gonna get riches over Like, no matter what you do, you have to have in order to scale it, you have to have an online situation. So talk about like you know, just having that physical gym and the importance of that.
Speaker 5: Like I said to my friends, like if you don't have if your business isn't online and you don't have a business, you know, we just joke and say that, but it's it's it's a lot of truth behind that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: From your analogy for them in the online program.
Speaker 5: So the gym is like my music video, and the online program is the album. The music video is just what you see that's gonna make you buy the app, you know what I mean, Like buy into the brand. So when you look at my gym, you might see a guy who gets up out a wheelchair, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And I'm documenting him every day. Now he's out that wheelchair. You taking one step. Now he's running across the gym. You see this one girl, she was one hundred eighty pounds, now she's one hundred twenty pounds, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So I like to keep shooting the.
Speaker 6: Parts in.
Speaker 4: Jim going there. Don't worry, I'm going there, you know.
Speaker 6: And I know why you guys are watching my stories I know.
Speaker 4: Why, you know what I mean, So but keep recording them.
Speaker 5: Let's say most definitely, I got a very entertaining online you know, online presence, you know what I mean. But like I said, the gym partner, he hasn't been in the gym in months. We literally just don't have to be there.
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 6: But it's so funny.
Speaker 5: Even after we made a million dollars first year of business, and we did twice that second year of business, I'm waking up at four o'clock in the morning, I'm going to the gym at five o'clock opening the door.
Speaker 6: I'm acting like I ain't made a dollar, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And I was telling my wife like, you know, like you never broke again, Like I don't want to do it, you know what I mean, Like I don't want.
Speaker 6: To go back to what I was. So I just kept that same energy, the same enthusiastic, the same price. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm still charging people two hundred dollars a month for unlimited sessions five days a week.
Speaker 6: That's ten dollars a session, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: No matter how many Rick Rossess, how many celebrities I've trained. I've kept that same energy within the five year span of me training, and I think in my mind that me just not changing and going Hollywood, going left, just help.
Speaker 6: My business, you know what I'm saying, help the brand.
Speaker 5: Whatever we say that's I don't endorse a lot of stuff. You can't pay me to post anything. So nine times ten if I endorse it, if I say something positive about it or something like that, people gonna buy into it. Proven time and time again, like can't pay it. We're not doing this for money, you know what I'm saying. I literally wake up in the morning go because that's my passion.
Speaker 6: That's what I want to do.
Speaker 5: I want to help people get in shape. I want to get them boys out in them wheelchairs. I want to I got a kid that's shouts out to Fresh real quick. An uber driver dropped a guy off, a blind guy, dropped them off at my gym and just dropped them off at the top of the hill and left them.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So from that day forward, I picked Fresh up. I go drive his house and pick him up every day. So if you watch my IVY story, you're saying, damn, he picked this boy up every day. You know, I pick up a blind kid every sin that wasn't my client, but he came to my establishment and somebody.
Speaker 6: Did them wrong.
Speaker 5: So that's my responsibility now just in my mind. But like I say, people see that, you know what I mean. I don't have to talk about it a lot and things that nature. But if you just keep keep that same energy, I'm just a true believer in that.
Speaker 4: That's what makes the break and mortar part successful at this STA. It's an experience. So if anybody's ever been to Atlanta, never been to Atlanta, if you come to the law office and experience unlike anything we've never been to for a number of reasons like that, for a number of reasons, but I mean the atmosphere in itself, right, just from a working out standpoint, like it seems like everybody is rooting for the next person and everyone's challenged each other to be better better, which is unlike any other experience. Right, So you and your boy will go Is that like you w ingrained that from the star? Is that when you start, Jimmy, like you know what, that's how I wanted to be or did you kind of just grow into that?
Speaker 6: Na? I think it kind of start with the head honestly, you know what I mean. I kind of said what.
Speaker 5: I was going to, like lay the ground rules, like this is how we're gonna operate, you know what I mean. And it's trainers that come up. I'm run my gym like a barbershop. You pay your renting there, but I'm not taking everybody's money. You get what I'm saying. I got a one of my managers, a flamboyant gay guy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: He and they're doing cart Willis splits and everything.
Speaker 5: But you better not look at him funny, you know what I'm saying, Like he gonna do his thing, and that's just what we're gonna do. So I got the gangsters next to the gay boys, next to the white girls, next to the grandma's next to and.
Speaker 6: Everybody in there high five and they know each other name.
Speaker 5: You know what's in family environment, you know what I mean. For an hour coming that gym, you zone out. Yeah, when you hear that call, y'all got two minutes with everybody on the floor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the whole gym.
Speaker 5: Everybody well ground together, be coolan abs.
Speaker 2: That's a fact. So in the last segment, we're gonna talk We're gonna bring it home.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about the scaling model moving forward and where you guys are taking the brand in the next decade. All right, So in the last second, we're going to talk about the scaling model moving forward and how you guys take this brand to the next level.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like you started.
Speaker 3: Elevated, and then there's always always as an entrepreneur, I feel you're always gonna constantly think like me, I'm always paranoid because it's like I never get a chance to celebrate anything because I'm like, all right, what's next? Like you know what I'm saying, Like Nick Saban, I never forget, they asked Nick Saban or I wasn't say was the guy who used to coach Ohio State Urban Maya when he was at Florida And they were saying, like he had a panic attack after he won like back to back championships because literally he was an offense an hour later trying to recruit for next season. He didn't even get a chance to celebrate the win. He's thinking about like, y'all, I can't fall off. I just want to I got to win three so there's a lot of pressure being an entrepreneur. So what what do you guys, what are you envisioning like moving forward? Like what's next on the on the plate as far as scaling the brands, both of the brands.
Speaker 5: So me first, well, we actually we were in talks with some venture capitalists and they had this big old booklet, all this paperwork to sign and things in nature. And these are the guys who want to take it to the next level, the Kardashian face of somebody like stuff that we can't do. We can't we can only do so much with what we know, you know, I mean, but these people are the people who make the.
Speaker 6: One hundred million dollars in the fitness industry and things nature. So you know, we've had to reach out.
Speaker 5: And you know, we're just in talk so not saying we're gonna sell the brand within the next three years, but selling a Porsche or share.
Speaker 6: You know, they're talking about public all this type stuff, you know, I mean, so you better buy stocks and stuff.
Speaker 2: But that's kind of like the next that's dope. I can see that happening for sure. I'd be like the next who's the people that make Beach.
Speaker 4: Body yeah, yeah, yeah, yeahably visions other visions to have multiple locations of the loft. Are we going to try to replicate that on the cities because I could have, I mean way up in New York.
Speaker 5: Man Win talks with that too, Like I said, I and it's another venture Capitals. It's a black guy from Arkansas came to the gym just this past week like, hey, I've been a scout. Like damn there like a scout. Hey, I just had to come see it in person. I want to offer you this that you know, I mean, this is what we do. We can scale it, you know, that type of thing. So just giving other people parts of the brand, you know what I mean, if it makes sense, that's kind of like, what's the next step.
Speaker 2: That's dope, that's dope. What's up for body Envying?
Speaker 7: So, you know, first and foremost getting this headquarters underway, but just continuing to make it exclusive to create about V experience. You know, when you see the drops and you see the theatrics behind the post, when you just see just the brand in itself, you know that's what it is. It's not going to be mistaken for any other thing. But you know, Body V is body envy on its own, keeping things fresh, keeping it new. This is my my retirement strategy, body envy, you know. So I'm taking it very seriously and just making sure that we just keep scaling upwards. And like you said, it's hard to celebrate your wins when it's just so much pressure. When you're you start off doing well, it's that pressure that you got to keep on doing well. And so we're always constantly sitting at night in the bed like, Okay, what's next, what's for this week? You know, we take it week by week. It's hard for me to envision ten years from now. It's just that's always been hard for me with anything. But just making sure that it's still in existence, you know, first and foremost, and you know, possibly creating something from my daughter. She's three years from two years, we're graduatingih school. She's in tenth grade, so possibly something that she can literally graduate from high school and transition right over to this and make six figures off the rip first, you know, eighteen years old and continue from there take it over from mom.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: So it's a number of things that I'm playing in my head in regards to body envy, but just making it great and continuing to just keep doing what we're doing.
Speaker 2: You know, that's dope, man.
Speaker 3: I think it's encouraging that you guys are a couple working together and you got separate brands, combined brands, and you're still working your regular job. It's a lot of different things that's going on in the pie and showing people that you know, there's really no limit. There's no limit, and you always move further as a team as opposed to like, you know, individual fighting or being jealous. You could have been like jealous of her, she'd be jealous of you. But y'all could each do your thing.
Speaker 4: You know, this is that stay down til you come up here, gonna grind together, shine it.
Speaker 3: But I don't think that's talked about enough either. A lot of time the relationship people is jealous of somebody. It's like subconsciously or consciously, like you know what I'm saying, Like they see an entrepreneur and it's like, all right, I want that level of stardom. I want that, like even though it's still the same, like y'all married, but they're not supporting them like they used to support them, like they used to support them when it was broke. But now when they reach a level, it's like you start to look at the person a little differently, like I should be that person that everybody knows.
Speaker 4: I would just like to take this time out to thank my wife. I love you.
Speaker 5: That's important, man, that's important because, like I say, some people, you know, they actually they actually you have to get jealousy jealous I didn't even know that it existed, you know what I mean, Like I guess because we truly, I truly look at her as me.
Speaker 6: We're the same person, Like we spit kids out to get.
Speaker 4: Understand me. You got to understand that I'm the same person.
Speaker 5: So even when she's messing up, like I'm drilling in her head like we messing up, we gotta do it like this, you know what I mean. So I just think that, you know, couples that try to, you know, start a hobby, get money, hobby with your with your spouse, you know what I mean, you'll be surprised. Way back in the day when I was selling CDs, I was just selling CDs.
Speaker 6: I was like, man, take some of these worky. She took that work, came back, everything was sold. I was like, this is part twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: That's what the chorls.
Speaker 5: I'm a store and you know I gave it to her, and you know it just was like, damn, she can do it too, you know what I'm saying. And now I can duplicate myself.
Speaker 7: Right, God, your partners I mean, marriage is a partnership. So absolutely, you know at the end of the day, whether it's you know, your partnership in life. And so if if whatever he's got, I've got to whatever I've got, he's got. And when you have that same mentality, there's no secrets. I know what's in his bank account. He knows what it's in my bank account. We share money. You know, it's no you pay this, I paid that. You know, everything is same ya right? And so, like he said, we're reflections of each other. If he's doing something on Instagram, I might hit him up. Hey, take that down, because that's a reflection to me.
Speaker 4: You've said that before. Yeah, take her down? Oh take her Okay, it ain't just her.
Speaker 7: Like that's not a good luck taken down.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: You know what I do love is that the energy that he has in showing you off, like he I know, he's a cameraman. Behind it because he's always doing an Ada somebody. Yeah, he really loves just shooting you man. And you can just feel the love there man. So that that's a beautiful thing. That's encouraging.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's that rooting. That's that's wanting me to win too, you know, And I can't. I love that so much about what we have as a couple and I and that had to be formed. I didn't just start off that way. It had to be cultivated and wanting the others to succeed, wanting the others to win. You know, if he's if he's broke and broke, whether it's not just financially, but mentally, I mean everything. If he's empty, I am too. And so just being able to support each other, back each other work together. People don't even understand that you can work with your spouse and you can enjoy working with your spouse. You know, it's just gonna make you better and all the way around. It's going to elevate you. And you know, the business is going to elevate you personally, is going to bring you closer. It's so many different facets that come out of working together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it works, you know, it's a lot that you know.
Speaker 8: I feel about that Shotty. One day I'm gonna get there, and yeah, they're just gonna live through me for a while, vicariously through Troy.
Speaker 2: Oh Man. But now we want to thank you guys for coming in. This is a very enjoyable episode.
Speaker 3: I knew it would be, and we talked about the affiliate link, So if you guys are interested in joining X twenty eight, we're going to have the link posted on the description of this if you're listening on Apple Spotify, if you're watching it on YouTube, but also have it on our website.
Speaker 2: We'll put your link on the website as well.
Speaker 3: For body Envy and yeah, you guys can can find out all the information if you want to join. Support support and not only support, but actually benefits. So I'm a big I'm a big believer. I don't think you should just buy anything just out of support. That's more of a charity thing. And when you can actually get benefit for something. So you're talking about taking your health and you know, sitting in your home, your living room, being able to work out for twenty five dollars a month, I mean, if you're not willing to invest twenty five dollars in your health.
Speaker 2: When you spending twenty five dollars.
Speaker 3: A month on a bunch, you're random nonsense, you know what I'm saying, Like, what do you really have to lose?
Speaker 2: At that point?
Speaker 3: It's like, even if you only work out a few days a month, it's worth It's probably worth one day, it's probably worth twenty five dollars. So for me, that's how I always look at any kind of nutrition or workout anything like that. I never skim on anything like that because I feel like your body is your most important investment. If your body's not right, no matter how much money you have, no matter what, you can't fully operate and it's not you're not going to feel good about the situation. So I highly encourage everybody to start eating well, to work out, and during this time of COVID, this is a perfect opportunity. You home a lot, you can pick up weight just watching Netflix, just eating. It's like being in college, you know what I mean, in fifteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the COVID thirty right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also you know we talked about mental health as well. It's like we got to watch depression and things that nature. And it's been proven that the more you work out, the more you're endorphins flow. It stops that you know, you're staying at home or time that can lead to depression, that can lead to high levels of anxiety. So just managing that, working out, eating well, running, cardio, stuff like that, you'd be surprised of, like how that actually influences and affects you on a mental level. So it's a lot of different stuff that you know, we everybody, but especially we as black people, we have to take our health more serious and we have to become more health conscious. So I encourage you why to check that out.
Speaker 4: As I said, it is going to be well wealthy. We have tried and tested it is worth it for sure.
Speaker 3: So yeah, So we got the links and all of our bios and we're gonna have the links on the website. Outside of that, how can the people reach you guys on social media? Twitter, website, Like what's all the information? What do you want to tell other people?
Speaker 7: So you can reach me personally? I'm at missus the number two weeks out on ig the body envy on ig and NV is spelled and is in Nancys and Victor same thing on Facebook. Halani Lobdell also body NV on Facebook.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 5: Mister two weeks out on Instagram, X twenty eight Fitness or X twenty eight Challenge on Instagram, Loft Atlanta on Instagram, the nutrition X y'all at X twenty eight fitness dot com and my shirt new a CEOs four K Pathway to Success. I gonn tell you about that, but that's you know what I'm saying all the way, Yeah, teaching people what to do it four thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: But anyway, all right, Yeah, that's it man, that's us.
Speaker 2: O Troy house keeping it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Shot everybody on patreon dot com. That is our product paid program. You know by now that if you're in the top four of top tiers, you get access to ey l University Online School, the number one online school in the world. Right now, we got over twenty five hundred members on there, learning every day, sharing information. The investment group is ringing off, the book club is ringing off. So shout to all the earners that are part of it, and we welcome any earner that that's thinking about it to come on over and join us on the other side and shout everybody that's supporting the merch I see Shoty got a new You got a new color over there?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 4: Yeah right, I ain't get that color. Yeah we got might be Mike, I gotta talk to him. So shout everybody that's supporting the merch on early Lesion dot com and we greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, less University, Yo University is a whole culture within itself, and it's something that we're really proud of. Like every week we do weekly webinars, and like we call all of our guests alumni, so like your alumni, So it's like a lot of the past alumni. They come and they teach and it's like twenty minutes of teaching. Then it's like half an hour of like zoom questions, so like people actually get to ask them questions because a lot of times it's like they pick up a lot of information from the podcast, but it's still nothing like socially interacting with these people. So it's really dope, and everybody has just been really dope about it. So if you guys ever want to teach a class on merch or whatever, that'll be dope. But yeah, go to Eyo University dot com if you want to sign up and thank you guys for rocking with us.
Speaker 2: We will see you next week. Peace. Peace.
Speaker 11: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 7: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 11: I'm Christinoman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right.
Speaker 7: Leave now.
Speaker 11: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 4: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,