Speaker 1: All right, you were in for a Sunday treat. My friends, you have found the second Date Update podcast. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning and Sunday is where we introduce you to something new, yes, something different that we do on our show, because we do do a full hour podcast over on our main feed, and this one is a segment called say Yes to the X Alexis. Have we run this in the second day? I think so. You guys might have heard it once or twice. Okay, yeah, it's where I mean, it's pretty obvious, right you want to get back together with your ex, and we help facilitate that. This one's going to be a big discussion about cheating. Yeah, and if if once a cheater, always a cheater. I think it's going to be the comment section for sure. But before we start the podcast, Alexis, let's highlight some of the great comments that people are leaving. I saw one from Keegan Barnett who said that point when you wake up from a ton select to me go to the recovery room and the first thing you ask for is your phone and headphones to listen to your daily Brook and Jeffrey episode. I think I have a problem. I think I think we're better after a yeah, totally. Oh, thanks for being with us, and hey, if you've got a great comment, please leave it. We'd love to highlight them, like subscribe and sit back and enjoy.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a lot of things that you'd happily say yes to without even thinking about it. Oh okay, Yeah, Like yes to free costco samples. Yes, yes to concert tickets for a band I don't even like.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'd even say yes to a free trip to Mexico with the stipulation i'd have to hide balloons somewhere on my body.
Speaker 1: WHOA wait a minute yet, be that bad? Right?
Speaker 2: Nothing's free in this world drug mules, but it's much harder to say yes to your X. Oh yeah, that's what one of our listeners is hoping for today, And all I know is this, after today's call, I will never look at escape rooms in the same way ever. Again, You're not wrong, and you're gonna understand why when you hear it in a brand news, say yes to the X. Right after this, it's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, and it's time for another charming addition. Say yes to the X. This is what we're doing where we try to help a listener reconnect with an old fooling to see if there's any chemistry or desire lingering there hoping to be explored.
Speaker 1: And you know what, it's worked once this has Ye, that's not a high success rate, but it's better than before that.
Speaker 2: Time it worked. Yes, a success rate is there, and today's caller has actually been on the show with us before. You might remember one of the more disturbing second date calls we did last year, involving two people going to a red envelope party where after midnight, the party turns from nice to super naughty.
Speaker 1: Yes, kay, I do remember Red? Why did they end up dating?
Speaker 2: So Natalie was the woman that we called that day she said yes to our offer of a second date. But now she's back this time for say yes to the X. I think not the same guy that we hooked her up with that time on the show. But first, Natalie, we want to welcome you back. Thanks for being on again.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought I'm not saying yes to this relationship that just happened like a month or two ago.
Speaker 3: Oh you mean Alvin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened with that? Guy in the red envelope party.
Speaker 3: You're not going to believe this, but he turned out to be kind of a freak.
Speaker 1: No, that is literally the least shocking thing that you could have said.
Speaker 2: No way, You're right.
Speaker 3: I probably should have known. But it really sunk in when he started referring to his bedroom as the arena.
Speaker 1: Like he has, oh god, oh.
Speaker 3: Neon sign above his bed that says the arena.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, hold on, now, he's starting to sound like he's kind of a good guy. Are you sure that you should have ditched him a neon sign? Oh my god, welcome to the dedication.
Speaker 1: Which is worse that he's single, which means he's bringing new ladies into that place.
Speaker 2: Okay, but apparently this isn't about Alvin in his arena. We're focused on a new old guy. Yeah, tell us about your new old fling.
Speaker 3: Okay. So we dated like three years ago, and we dated for like six to seven months. His name's Caleb.
Speaker 1: And what made you start thinking about him again? Is it just by comparison to Alvin everybody, he's the only one that seems normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's part of it. This guy was so sweet and I just I had like really good memories of him, and I was the one who sort of messed it up.
Speaker 1: Can we know how you messed it up? Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I was. I was unfaithful and I got caught.
Speaker 2: Yeah do you say you you got caught?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And I totally deserved him breaking up with me. But the thing is, I'm I'm not that person anymore, and I just know he's a solid person that doesn't have me on signs and giant arrows in his bedroom.
Speaker 2: Oh there's arrows too, Yeah, Okay, I like a map to follow.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, why would he want to take you back? I know that you know you're a change person, but why do you deserve Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I've done the work to improve myself and like be a better partner for him, And I just know that if you do get him on the phone, I'm sure the questions of trust will definitely come up, because that was kind of a big thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is a good question. What do you guys think can you come back from a cheating scandal? It depends on the person, Like how hot they are?
Speaker 1: You mean, if you're already cheating six months into a relationship, it doesn't feel like you're you're fully I mean I think, you know, I don't think once a cheater, always a cheater. Just doesn't sound like you were fully into him. A marriage you try to work out, you're just dating, doesn't find someone else, Like, it doesn't sound like you're you're really into the relationship to begin with.
Speaker 3: I mean I was. I just think that I've changed and I've done a lot of work on myself and I'm just a better person than I was when we were dating.
Speaker 2: Whether he takes you back or not right, And it's a lot of the grasses greener on the other side type of thinking. But in the last three years since you broke up, have you had any contact with your ex? Like at all?
Speaker 3: I tried, you know, I tried in that first year. I reached out more than a few times, and he made it clear he needed more time and space and he's gotten that now it's been three years, So yeah, he can't.
Speaker 2: Get three years. The problem?
Speaker 1: Oh man, do you know? Do you know is Caleb single right now?
Speaker 3: I don't know, honestly, And I like, I don't expect him to be like jumping at the chance to get back with me, but I would like to just grab a coffee and see if we have that same, like comfortable fun vibe between.
Speaker 2: Us, Okay, and invite him back into your arena.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's the Colisseum, what.
Speaker 2: Name, it's a bigger arena with people watching Madison Square Garden, that's right. Yeah, so obviously, Natalie, you know how this works. We had our producer reach out to your ex Caleb and was able to get him on the phone. He is waiting on hold right now, just doesn't know who he's about to be talking to. Are you ready to talk to your ex from three years ago and see if he's willing to say yes to the X?
Speaker 3: I think I'm ready. I'm ready. I can do this.
Speaker 1: If he hangs up, I mean, it's a tough one.
Speaker 2: It's understandable.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But oh yeah, you know why I'm hanging up.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's up into it though, maybe we're wrong.
Speaker 2: I mean, she claims that she's changed a lot in that time, So we'll find out if that's enough and we come back and put them together for say yes to the X right after this.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hold on, if you're just joining us, we're in the middle of say yes to the X with Natalie too. She's attempting to reconnect with the guy that she dated three years ago, and she told us that they had a fun, casual vibe together, but admits the biggest issue in their relationship was her unfaithfulness. Yeah, a little bit of an issue. Yeah, a little problem. She was caught, admitted it to the guy, regrets it, and since then has taken accountability for her actions. Chose to move on and work on herself and like to know if there's any chance at a second go around with this guy. And yeah, you make that sound great, because most cheaters won't admit it and fall on the sword and be the bigger person. Any Well, it's because personally, I believe in forgiveness, and in certain situations, maybe this is one of them. I'm hoping that enough time has passed that Caleb could find it in his heart to at least sit down and have a cup of coffee with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've never You've never been cheated on?
Speaker 3: Have you?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 2: And I believe that there is goodness.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, I do think that people can grow and change and make different choices. But doesn't mean that's not on Caleb though you know that's.
Speaker 2: Onn have fun with your new life. It doesn't seem like too much nest for him to come sit down for coffee, right, Natalie, you're right about that, Natalie, you would agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all I'm asking for, like just a coffee.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean he owes you that it would be a kind Yeah, you could meet in the middle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he should pay for the coffee. No, it's just a gentleman.
Speaker 3: Now you're having it.
Speaker 1: Last time you've talked to him on a scale of one to like super angry, being ten, where was he at? Oh?
Speaker 3: I would probably say ten?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, because she said that she tried texting him, but he was like, I don't want to talk to you. I need more time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not to sounds a lot more vulgar than that.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see what number he's at, because he is, remember waiting on hold, has not heard this segment happen up to this point, does not know the reason that he has been called by a radio show. I don't know. I feel like he might not be a full ten. Let's find out. I'm gonna punch him up. Let's producer Boyd really riled him up before putting him on the phone. No, boy can really get under your skin sometimes he does that. But here me. We're gonna talk to him a little bit and then we'll tell him that you're there. Okay, Natalie, Okay, thank you. Okay, So here we go everyone, Duck, Hello, Cayleb be there.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Caleb, good morning, Hey, good morning. How are you guys are doing? Man, thanks for being on the show with us. I know you don't know the reason why you're here yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all mysterious.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be really fun. The reason.
Speaker 2: It could be what is it? It's this is a segment we do. It's called Say Yes to the X where somebody from your past who you've dated before wants to know if there is any shot of a second chance with you. And I know we don't even know, like what your situation is, if you're single, or what you've got going on in your life right now. Yeah, if you are taking we're not trying to disrespect right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah I am single.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good thing. I'm not sure if I want to talk to this person unless I know who it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a valid request.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Okay, here we go drop that bone. We normally Okay, normally I wouldn't do this. Normally I just put you on the phone with them. But I can tell you it's somebody you dated for about half a year and her name is Natalie. Yeah, are you kidding me? I'm not.
Speaker 1: No, that was like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: That's this isn't going to be a thing. I don't I don't want to talk to her.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe she did come with a lot of regret for her actions and you may just want to hear her out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm assuming you're hesitant because of the whole infidelity thing. You're you're going to have to make that plural, my guy intidel teeth. Yeah, it wasn't once she cheated with thirteen people.
Speaker 1: Gosh, some work.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like you guys only dated for six months. Yeah, that's what she told me when the truth came out when I called her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, Cayleb Caleb, Hi, we don't need to tell them all.
Speaker 1: That would happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do. You told me thirteen different dudes, the landlord, the cocaine guy, and my brother.
Speaker 3: Who okay, no, no, no, no, no, no no, your frat brother. That that's it's not like you're related.
Speaker 2: Wait what what brother?
Speaker 3: His frat brother?
Speaker 2: Oh, fraternity. They're not even real people, right?
Speaker 1: But yeah, right, heavy, it counts. It just doesn't as a brother.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of people, and I knew most of them, so listen. No, here's the difference. Back then, I was unhappy with myself and that had nothing to do with you.
Speaker 2: Except that we were together and you were cheating on him.
Speaker 3: Hey, right, But I was honest with you about it. I didn't hide it. I told you what was for a while until I found out with guy number thirty Okay, eventually, And that's my karma and something I dealt with and I'm over it now. I'm so much better.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, I'm not over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Natalie, did you really think like you didn't tell us? I had just assumed that it was one time.
Speaker 3: You know, I said that I was unfaithful. You didn't ask for like a specific number, you know what.
Speaker 1: I just caught her cheating.
Speaker 2: Well it's fair. We need to be better at asking questions when we're doing these segments. Let's keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: Did you cheat in any relationships after him?
Speaker 2: Well, that doesn't matter about that word.
Speaker 1: Because she says she's grown and changed.
Speaker 2: But we're not worried about her other relationships. We're worried about this relationship with Caleb. Caleb, she's done the work, she's moved past it. Are you ready to move past it yet?
Speaker 1: She was well done?
Speaker 2: But wild question.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's the deal with Like, I still live in the same building and I still have the same landlord.
Speaker 3: Who occasionally looked.
Speaker 2: At me weird.
Speaker 1: Maybe the word messed up that you didn't get a rent discount.
Speaker 3: It's not just the landlord. I mean she slept with the freaking escape room in Okay, Okay, stupid.
Speaker 1: Oh I need to hear this.
Speaker 3: It just kind of happened. We're locked in separate rooms. He was a team leader. You do what the team.
Speaker 2: Leader said, Oh, we have to get out of this room. Everyone take their pants on.
Speaker 1: Is the scape room employee? That isn't it? Twenty year old act d d You.
Speaker 2: Guys, Okay, you guys can see why we are not together now, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she slept with the guy in the middle of your date. Of course got together.
Speaker 2: So I don't want to say anything that I think her and Jeff are falling around a little when she was on hold. Yeah, by the way, team leader, you have to listen to the team leaders. Don't appreciate that guys.
Speaker 3: Are not helping.
Speaker 1: Why would you ever think that he would move past this? Listen, why did you ask this question? You just need to move on and give up.
Speaker 2: Brook What you're forgetting is this is all past stuff. That's great. We're talking three years ago, and I would hope that Caleb, you could find it somewhere in your heart to say yes, because this girl deserves a fourteenth chances today.
Speaker 1: You know what the saying is Fool me once, Shame on you, fool me fourteen times.
Speaker 2: Shame on the landlord.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys are making such a big deal about the number of people, and the truth is like I've changed and I just want a cup of coffee.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that's fine, but just maybe do it with a new guy. Well with Barista, may you get free coffee.
Speaker 2: That's before we even do that, we need to ask the whole purpose of this segment is Caleb, she wants it, Brooks. She's begging us for the coffee with Caleb.
Speaker 1: So, Caleb, that's like that team leader that escape.
Speaker 2: Caleb. Would you be willing to say yes to the X and meet up with Natalie for coffee? You know what, I think I actually have a thing or two of yours still at this apartment, So yeah, I can meet you up the coffee.
Speaker 3: Idiot, j Just so.
Speaker 2: You know, there is zero chance of me ever trusting you again or being in any kind of relationship.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're gonna hook up over coffee.
Speaker 2: Yes, I hear there's a coffee themed escape from that they just started downtown.
Speaker 3: I am really a new woman, so you will see the new me. It's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: Well, let yourself shine.
Speaker 1: I mean I can see this new woman and we're proud of you for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just go to coffee, bring your landlord, and let's squash old Ques. You know what, Bring all thirteen of those other guys back and we'll hash this out.
Speaker 1: What is this Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,