Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five Bet five bucks. And you know what, you can get one hundred and fifteen bonus bets when you use the promo code leading Off only on Bet three sixty five. It's me Joey p that dancing fool is the Welsh, and it's you, the Peanuts and the Crackerjacks here hanging out talking baseball. We got a lot to get to today. I've got some thoughts on some guys getting traded. Also today's waiver wire day, Waiver Wire Wednesday, cool times. Also a rookie who is hitting bombs for the Reds. We're gonna chat about him. I guess, Welsh, where's been Reese Heines discussion? Because all these prospects we've talked about, not one time have we talked about Reese Hines?
Speaker 2: Why no, No, we haven't. Well, I think people might also bring up why not talking about on Hell Martinez? Those have been two now about ree Hines?
Speaker 1: We will care.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like, ooh, pitch are good.
Speaker 1: They're all amazing.
Speaker 2: Why did you talk about this guy? What did you talk about that guy? Why what's going on. You want to know why we didn't talk about rees Hines, because we talked about Reese Hines and he and let's say he had made the majors, he would be hitting a buck ninety eight one hundred percent. So Reese Hines all the power in the world. That's never been a debate. And there are plenty of players like this, Johinsky, Noel with the Guardians, all the power in the world. It's about making consistent contact. That's where Reese Hines has always struggled. I've seen him in the low levels, saw him in the Arizona Fall League. He's done a good job when he's on the pitch. He's always done that, you know if he is prepared, and he is prepping himself. And he's one of those guys that his pitch pitch recognition is not like Key, so he'll try to cheat on offspeed stuff knowing he can catch up to fastballs. And he's kind of a count type of guy. So I'm saying all of this to say that, like, I don't believe Reese Hines is going to hit for consistent contact in the majors. He has a huge strikeout issue. He has absolutely destroyed two monster baseballs which look like sliders in the dead zone or maybe one's a change up, and.
Speaker 1: Absolutely the striders hit.
Speaker 2: He's exciting. I am not, but if you want to speculate on him, absolutely do it. I'll eat my words if he becomes a three hundred.
Speaker 1: And hit ar rest of you what you're giving right now. As my youngest age, let's say you're giving or Elvis Martinez vibes right now, this was like you're a Elvis Martinez thing. You're like, yeah, yeah, you like him? Go ahead, good, see what happened?
Speaker 2: Fine, do whatever you be you fine friend if you want. Yes, that's that's kind that's kind of the that's kind of the deal with him. And and on how Martinez is another one. I know a lot of people like he's been putting up some decent numbers, but yeah, I just think he lacks kind of like the complete game. But he might be a solid, like you know, utility player or a per Domo type player when all is sudden done. But you all are being uh, you all are having like way too much excitement with all these rookies now because that's all that you guys care. This guy is good this guy is good.
Speaker 1: Everybody is Razor Ramon on vacation or something, because this is the REDS guy with rees Hines what like, I haven't seen the last two days. Hope you're okay, raised Maybe just on vacation, taking a couple.
Speaker 2: Of check wealth check maybe.
Speaker 1: But I can explain this one. I don't understand this comment from Case and High Tower Joe is if mister potato head got.
Speaker 2: Yasified, yossified ya Ya's queen Like, yes.
Speaker 1: Queen, I don't I don't know. I don't understand that.
Speaker 2: Case we could make. Put that into the AI, put that in the open mic night usually Thursdays, go try some new material.
Speaker 1: It's you could do better. Case. I'm just saying you could do better.
Speaker 2: Like if you do another one, yeah, do another one, another one?
Speaker 1: See what you got? See what you got? All right, Anthony Jessel next like those moments you know Case's Case's here all the time, cass, good people. But again, if you're gonna throw shots, you better land something. Bro.
Speaker 2: I think Richard has it right. You're a little sassy, mister potato head today.
Speaker 1: I'm always sassy and look like that's fine, Like when am I not sassy? I don't know. That's kind of it's kind of like the character I play here, is it not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, there's no Yankee to necessarily destroy. But there's another picture we can talk about destroying two, which I'm not excited to talk about.
Speaker 1: And look, just be careful, Just be careful, because Welsh knows is with me. If you get into a verbal sparring war with me. Again, when you're raised in Brooklyn and you're Italian, you know, mouths are like guns there, So you gotta be careful. Cousin Donnie, same thing. Don't get into a verbal altercation with him or a physical one with either of us. It's not gonna end well for you.
Speaker 2: So no, wait, there's a take.
Speaker 1: Look at there you go.
Speaker 2: No Finway Cheap Seats, no.
Speaker 1: Stop bog in twenty twenty five, the Fantasy Sas book.
Speaker 2: So wait, I think you're gonna an apology? Put up Finway Cheap Seats.
Speaker 1: P He will get you shanked in Brooklyn, not not in certain neighborhoods nowadays. Actually, sasse is kind of a prerequisite when you have to sign for a lease in a lot of neighborhoods in Brooklyn. Now, So there you go. And Donnie Donne put up the.
Speaker 2: Chat GPT or I'm gonna read it. It says, according to chat GPT, when something is yosified, it means it has been glamorized or made fabulous in an exaggerated or over the top way. So he was calling you a fabulous mister potato head. You own him, apology.
Speaker 1: It's not bad. I just I think you could do better case and that's all. Like, I just you know, it's not bad, Like, let's just work hard.
Speaker 2: Well, it's yosify this show.
Speaker 1: So Philly's here we go. Zach Wheeler can't affice things. Uh, he left because he had a back issue. He needs a becky out of me now. But it's precautionary backy outom me. So we're gonna see he's gonna get reevaluated today. They're using an abundance of caution.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna tell you this. Okay, we haven't got the announcement yet with Wheeler and then with Chris Sale. Chris Sale he got the extra day. He's not going to pitch in the in the All Star Game. Paul Skins starting the All Star Game. This is very very but now we've got bachiotomies for Wheeler and we got Sale the two guys that deserve to start the game off the table.
Speaker 1: See if I'm the pirates, that's actually my preference. I want Skeens to have his normal warm up, his normal thing, go through his nor. I don't want him coming out of the bullpen. I don't want him doing something out of her team. He's young, he's my feet on pitcher, like I want to kid gloves him. But to be honest, this is probably the most exciting rookie All Star pitcher debut since Dwight Gooden in eighty four. Like, I can't imagine one that's more exciting is welsh is checking his text during the show.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, you know what I'm doing. It's just so blatant.
Speaker 1: MLB, the insider, the Welsh, you what I'm actually right here?
Speaker 2: I wish you could share all of that. No, I was going to bring this up because we talked about it on the show yesterday about the comments we had. I think a decent amount of comments. Can I even see these?
Speaker 1: By the way, kenned here on the show saying hey, I watch you on Sports Grit. You just found us here kennth welcome. All the fantasy football videos if you look for those are on the Fantasy Pros channel. The regular channels. You can find those over there, So and go get your black book. I'll run Amazon too, Kenth. But thanks for joining us here on the show today. That's very cool.
Speaker 2: Real quick, here are a couple of the comments because we asked yesterday on the trade video, we said, hey, drop in there. I'm watching ourselves talk. I said, you know, hey, let's get some thoughts below. K E six five three three said I was shopping Jared Jones, who has had a good year before they skipped in the rotation due to innings limit. Now I'll be lucky if I can move him before he's dropped August. First, don't worry about Skeens innings because in college he went over one hundred and twenty and over two thousand pitches in college, so there's more worry that's not here is one schemes for Yelich in a points league? Would you rather have Skiens rest of season or get out? For Yelich?
Speaker 1: The pitching's hard to find right now, and Yellich I don't trust his back, So how to say Skeens.
Speaker 2: Rookie phenom pitchers always get shut down, get sent to the bullpenner, have start skip. So there's another in the trade away. I traded Lugo for Skeens right before his debut, and then now it's would you trade him back? So you guys can go in the common section. There's a whole lot of deal.
Speaker 1: Now here's a good one. PJ Knight came and brought the noise. Joey p is if Craig Carton wasn't a jackass. See that's funny, that's funny, PJ. Good job. I actually did a show at Craig Carton once. It was too many bald, loud people at one time.
Speaker 2: Did they offer you some tickets?
Speaker 1: He did not drive me to Vegas or or had some show you like that though, I mean for a guy who is as popular as he was, right and Wiley poppl and I'm a rom's working at a crappy office job at the time. That show kept me saying it was a very funny show that he used to do in the mornings with Boomer Siice in the New York area. Very popular show. And then to like have this scam.
Speaker 2: Popular, he monetized it well, he monetized the show.
Speaker 1: He was making money hand over fist anyway. But you know, people have problems, and they have addictions, and they have agreed and and to somebody who go to jail come out not only get his old job back, but get like a better version of it. And then now he's doing TV. I mean, you gotta give the guy credit. And my only experience with him, working with him, he could not have been nicer. I'm just saying he could not have been more professional and nice, nor did he have to because I'm nobody and he is, you know, much more famous than I am, but maybe not as much anymore. I don't know. Maybe the person can do a lot of things. H maybe we should put some of the Dodger pictures in prison because it feels like the Dodgers are having some blues. Bobby Miller nine runs ten hits at four innings. Tyler glasnow goes on the ayah with back tightness. That's not good either. So there's another guy too in the National League who probably is not starting the All Star Game, Welsh. So your conspiracy theory started to look better and better every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So with Bobby Miller yesterday, my fastball down a full mile per hour. His slider was down two miles per hour, his sinker a full mile per hour. Forty four swings were induced on his pitches, only eight were whiffs. It was bad. The only thing that he kept in the zone, well, I guess he kept the slider in there, change up in curveball struggled outside of the zone. There were a decent amount of foul tips. He just was bad giving up hard contact. There's been this thing with him where and it might be a relief thing into the future where you know, he can maintain some of those early innings and then he just falls apart second or third inning, but he is wildly inconsistent with his pitches. You know, where he can show command, he completely falls off. That's something Zach Gallon struggled with last night. If you watch the start, he wants to pinpoint, he wants to know, he wants you to react to him. And then when you don't execute the pitch, Bobby Miller is like, exponentially, I don't execute pitches. And it's so weird because he was he was a stat cast stuff plus Darling three I think plus pitches of like one twenty five plus, but there's no command to speak of right now. I'm not giving up on him a dynasty, but lost your edition.
Speaker 1: Drafts this year he was by far the best value Dodger pitcher on the board theoretically going into the season, he was looking at it saying, look for all those stack cast reasons for the price of the ADP. He looked like the guy's like, look, I don't want to overpay for Hamamoto Tyler Glass. Now I love, but he's very expensive. I don't want to go pitching early. Bobby Miller. That's the way to get into this rotation. Oh my god, he's that Bobby Miller right there. I don't that's the house and Bobby Miller's inside the show. Somebody help.
Speaker 2: I think Bobby Miller just threw a ninety nine at my back. Did you see my face?
Speaker 1: That was obvious here getting hitch your back. So that's also clearly Bobby Miller throwing it, because that was.
Speaker 2: A sign, all right, you know what, Bobby Miller's gonna be all right, Bobby Miller's fine, He's gonna be good. Maybe you should buy on him. Dynasty, Bye, Bobby Miller. This year, I think we're at the point where like you could stream, you'd be better streaming because I think the ups and downs are gonna be there with Bobby and my heart is racing, actually terrif.
Speaker 1: They're getting better. See this is why I love this show. I love the peanuts of the Cracker Drags. This is a good one. Here we go, Richie Silva, Ritchie, friend of the show. Joe is of Jeff Bezos and Dwyane Johnson conceived a love child in sicily. See that's funny. See good Ritchie, nice job.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're doing? Okay, hey, guess what we're doing? Roasting? Maybe they should do gentle, gentle roasts of Joe in the comments today.
Speaker 1: Even if you remember this in two weeks when I'm gone and you're like, man, this is Joe around these parks.
Speaker 2: Well, that was gonna sayment, maybe we could get a prize out of the closet and you know, over the next couple of days. So here's the deal. I'll be gone tomorrow and Friday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, go and put your best gentle roast of Joe we're doing I think we're doing it, and then when I'm back, we will I'll pick one.
Speaker 1: I'll pick my bait. One of those balls behind you.
Speaker 2: I'll give you whatever was Miller threw you.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know that was scary.
Speaker 2: Did you see my face? I'm gonna look at that like the Juggernaut was. I'm the Juggernaut and he's gonna just bust through the get.
Speaker 1: Back to the base. You're Chris Sale five and a third innings, two run ball, struck out nine, Blake Snell shout out the Blue Jays for five innings. That's positive on his first return from the il Trey Turner. Our total base prop of the day, Boom nailed it, hit a granny three for four, run scored there four. Ribby's good day for him. Julio Rodriguez part of a bigger headline here for Seattle four for four with a homer in a double Logan Gilbert three runs, seven to two thirds and cal Rawley three for five with his sixteenth and seventeenth home runs. What it came for Seattle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the offense that was needed, the King, the prince that was promised is what has been happening. That's been Julio and they've just been waiting for him to go. Pulled the fly balls.
Speaker 1: Have you been watching that? Have we been watching the House of the Dragon.
Speaker 2: It's phenomenal.
Speaker 1: You think it's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: I think it's phenomenal.
Speaker 1: I think better than season one. But it's not. Don't don't. I know you're gonna no, don't, don't you do it.
Speaker 2: It might be better than some quite a bit of actual Game of Thrones, especially the latter years. Everything was a disappointment. The last dude, the last two years of Game of Thrones versus little couple. Listen, the last two years of Game of Thrones versus these first two years of House of the Dragon.
Speaker 1: Watched Last Kingdom yet and I keep trying to have it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm gonna go up into the w.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're watching, you're watching the House of the Dragon. Last Kingdom blows that out of the water. But anyway, back to Seattle.
Speaker 2: Anyway, But pulled flyballs with Julio Rodriguez. He always bounces back. I know it's trophy, and it's kind of like sometimes this year specifically, it was kind of built around like, hey guys, there isn't like this massive data that's showing that you should but hey, we have a track relative track record also what I said when I was comparing Corbin Carroll and Julio Rodriguez was that Carol had way bigger, more concerning things than his underlying metrics than Julio did. Julio was just kind of down on a couple of them. And now you know he's summer ball, balls are flying and stuff like that. He's making a little bit better contact pull the ball. Mariners are gonna go and be buyers over the next couple of weeks, and hopefully I'm here when they make that first big trade. I feel very confident that they are going to go get a bat to get some protection in that offensive lineup because they need it. They're gonna win games with that rotation.
Speaker 1: No stopgap bats. It's got to be one that you're gonna control for a little while or resign because you can't do this every year. He can't have this rotating thing of its Suarez and it's hot, Hernandez. Maybe next year, it's Robert like, you need to make it a more permanent solution. You need more offense. That's it. At the end of the day. See Angelo, this is just lazy because you have Google. Joey and Welsh remind me of the two men in the balcony on the Muppets, it's Stadler and Mildorf. Just google it and then you know the names of See that was almost good, but then you failed because you just didn't use Google during this.
Speaker 2: I don't know their names either. I would have said that too the exact same way. And like those old guys with the Puppets, Wow, Joe Joe too.
Speaker 1: Ironically, is there anybody hoigher than Brenon Doyle three for four, two solo home runs a double Toyle rules, But seriously, Breton Doyle, look at this slash three hundred three point fifty five sixty four over his last thirty games, eight dingers, sixt deals. And he's a great defensive player too. So we were just talking about yesterday, you know, because we were talking about where the Rockies are drafting up high. You know what that might look like for them. Could it be, you know, one of these top prospects getting basically airlifted through the minor leagues onto this team, Breton Doyle. If no One Jones can come back and have a good second half, like maybe you're starting to look like Colorad's on the upswing. But Breton Doyle has been dorma one of the best waiver wirec claims of the year. He's definitely been one of.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'll be with you. And this is a Bogman guy too. He kept talking about him. I was pretty dismissive of Doyle, but he might low key be the least talked about best fantasy player out there. Twenty stolen bases, thirteen homers, So there's some underlying things that like expect a badding average is a little bit lower, but ten percent barrel rate, which you know you love. He's getting the ball, double digit double degree launch angle, hard hit is an improvement over last year. K's are way down, and I think maybe the most important thing, like does he continue this pace? I don't know, but he's pacing out to be like a twenty forty guy. But here's the key. He's the best defender this team has. He's not going anywhere no matter what the hell they do. They're not going to trade him either. So yeah, he stays in Colorado. I'd actually, I'm going to do this real quick and then we'll move on because I know you're nine into but home road splits. Let's take a look here. Because I think that might be important. Three, Yeah, this is important. Three forty six at home, seven homers, eleven stolen bases, two sixteen on the road, six homers. It's nine stolen bases, so he's still got the counting stats. Six homers, nine saltle base on the road. But the bat is phenomenal at home. So maybe he's a streamy hittie player, uh streaming hit player, hit streaming hitty player, where if they got a lot of home games, you put them in over some other valuable guys.
Speaker 1: I would say this, I think that uh season long, Rod Doyle has given you a guy that you just set and forget right now because the highs and lows will even out. And look, that's what you used to expect on the Colorado guys. Colorado split seven people they used to be. I want somebody hit three forty seven in Colorado. You know, lately, last couple of years, we haven't even gotten that kind of stuff. So it's nice to see that split. But you're right and head to head, you gotta be a little more careful, rookie. Lookie, I want to talk about cold Keith two for five yesterday, three runs scored, he's saying four to twenty three with four homers, six RBIs and a steal over his last seven games since May first get this Welsh in batting average, slugging, and ops. He's top three among second basement with one hundred plate appearances. Cold Keith a guy that was stone cold awful in April? Was he like a buck fifty nine I think in April or something like that. Under two hundred for sure, he is really infinated. So Cold Keith a guy that maybe you don't realize. Also a fun fact we're gonna talk about in a little bit more. He is available in fifty percent of leagues. That's even more stunning.
Speaker 2: I agree. And you know what, the k percentage under twenty percent is what I love. I can cite off all the other things. I think it's all fine. You know, nothing that pops out like some crazy degree. But he's been a twenty plus home run guy. He's found consistency. He got through the bad crap. I think that's the big thing. Like you were pointing to Buck ninety one, Buck sixty three, those are the batting average for the first two months. He's three seventy five and now currently running two months of the year where he's hit well over three hundred. He's a rookie, he's streaky, but this is the type of guy he is. I think he's a two seventy twenty twenty five plus home run hitter and he's getting opportunities to hit like two, which I think makes him more valuable. So another guy agreeing with Joe here, like Doyle and Keith, are great replacements for some pretty significant players you guys could have been losing as of recent.
Speaker 1: This is a fun one from Jake. Joe and Welsh's relationship is like how my parents were before my dad went to the store for milk twelve years ago, and I can only assume never came back. So that was a little dark Jake, and I like it. I like the little dark humor you've got here, Yo, what else? I like Welsh? I like players we can claim off the waiver wire. So it's time, ladies and gentlemen once again to hit the waiver wire with Joey p and the Welsh for Week sixteen. And I've got some names for everybody to add this week, starting with Brooksley, still available in almost forty percent of leagues. He's twenty three years old. He has really been quite solid for the Minnesota Twins since the call up, seven for fifteen going into this week's Actually he's got a home run six RBI in his first four games. Obviously, he sat yes yesterday, and we don't know how long Royce Lewis is going to be out. But while Royce Lewis is, brooks Lee is going to get some opportunities. It is a little crowded there when Royce Lewis might return. But if brooks Lee does go to second base, if he continues to hit, this could be a huge win for everybody involved. Also, at the end of the day, they might see Brooksley as a piece to move to get something else into this batting order or maybe somebody else as they try to work themselves through this wildcard race. So Brooksley, regardless, I think, is going to be an asset to your fantasy team. I don't see him going back down to triple A anytime soon, regardless, because I do think Royce Lewis, with this groin, is going to be out for a few more weeks at the very least.
Speaker 2: Also, Miranda playing first.
Speaker 1: And Miranda playing first base also a big deal that really helps. We just talked about this guy, but one more note about him. Colt Keith, infielder for the Detroit Tigers, available in fifty percent of leagues. Here's the exact number. Welsh hitting a butt fifty four in April, a buck fifty four, terrible dropped everywhere in fifty five games from may On Colton Keth cold, Keith cold. I think Colton is actually funny cold Keith, like ninety four Colton Holden in trouble, Colton, Colton, put that, put that TPX bat down, Colton, Go pick up the Easton Colton Anderson Keith, Oh, Anderson's down. I don't know if that's his mel It is now hitting two ninety four with eight homers twenty seven RBI, and he's got four homers seven RBI in his last six games. So this guy's red hot right now. We also talked about I'm gonna throw the stat out there again, since May first, he ranks first, and patting average second and slugging second in ops among all second basement is criminal that they still available in fifty percent of leagues right now, So go grab him off the wave bar if he's still out there. A pitcher, I want you to get off the waiver wire available in forty percent of the league's rostered in just sixty three. Jamison tye On, he was good again on Tuesday, got another win here. He now is a quality start in five of his last six outings and his ERA is down to two to ninety nine over his eighty seven innings. He's got another start before the All Star break that could be his last. Also, it's a good chance he might end up getting traded as the Cubs start to let out the Cody Bellingers, the Nico Horner, and ty On could be a piece that I think a lot of teams would look to because he has pitched very well this year.
Speaker 2: So that is a really really key marker. By the way, two nine to one era, but also a three point zero seven era on the road with a better whip on the road. So you know in Chicago can be a not friendly place at some points, but he goes into any type of half deacent pitching environment. He has pitched very well on the road. That's a nice key one. Like we talked about with like Eric Fetti and stuff Joe, where you get these guys that when they get traded, they go into a better situation if you can get in on them. Now. Tyon is a very sneaky one.
Speaker 1: Another one too, still available in fifty percent of league. Jeffrey Springs. Now, we saw the Tampa Bay Rays move on from Savali. They've got bas they got Pepio, they got all these options. But Springs, whenever he's ready, we'll be back. He had four shoutout innings, struck out six guys. It looks a lot like Jeffrey Springs and triple A this past outing that he had last Wednesday. So he's gonna keep rehabbing. He's up to sixty two pitches right now in that last rehab start, So we'll see what he does this week. But this is a guy you should be adding now. You should not be waiting. And if you forgot about the reason why we're all excited about him, you know two forty six ERA one hundred and forty four strikeouts of thirty one walks in one hundred and thirty five innings in twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three. Obviously it was a very short but glorious starts there for Jeffrey Springs. But now he is back and he is a guy that's going to contribute in probably August for this rotation. There's no doubt about it. And one more I'm gonna throw out there. He's rostered in just two percent of leagues. He's probably a quad A player, but he's gonna get some opportunities because I think the Angels are going to continue to move on from some people. So you might not know this, but Keston Hera between the angels minor leagues and Detroit's minor league system was slashing two seventy three, forty six five thirty six, lugging with eighteen home runs a triple A. I'm not saying he's gonna be good, but if you're one of those crazy people playing in one of those fifteen team leagues twenty team leagues, you need some bodies. He's gonna get some at bats and we'll see. Stranger things have happened. But I do think there might be some at bat that's available for him as the Angels start to sell off more pieces. So that's your deeper note, guy, and that my friends are the waiver wire players to pick up for Week sixteen. Go check out Fantasybros dot com for more waiver wire, help war sink your leagues for free and use the waiver assistant. All right, Welsh, let's do three up and three down, you say. Kakuchi a career high thirteen strikeouts against the Giants. That Logan o'happi three for four, he had two homers, and Josh Neller had a home run three for four, four ribbies and a steel. What a day for him against the t Grays three down. Zach Gallon five and a third innings, five runs, four earned and no buyo. Now he has started against the Dodgers of the Braves. You want to give him a pass.
Speaker 2: There's a slight pass. He went one hundred and five. The line looks worse because he literally gave up a three run shot to end his outing where they let him go over one hundred and he had only gone around eighty five. But if you watch the start, he didn't look good. It was like a thirty plus pitch second inning. He was just it was very Kirby esque. I just want to throw that out there. There are these guys out there that they just they have to have their point and they also unfortunately Gallon doesn't have it right. Now, have that pitch that can get him out of it. Kirby kind of does splitter. Wise, we haven't seen that with Gallon right here. I'm a little concerned. This is a small pass. It's a tough team and everything like that, but it's a little worrisome to this year because also the Villa was down, he'd had this way big, high uptick velo. Five of his fastest pitches he's ever thrown happened in the last game, and then he was sitting around ninety four again. So I don't not just be on the lookout for it if you're in a trade type of market, but if you've got him, you just roll.
Speaker 1: Also in three down a guy that I think you should trade if you have him, Max shurrs or four runs, three earned and six and two thirds. He just doesn't look like Max Scherzer. And I don't know if it's the age catching up or whatever it might be. They're in an interesting situation too, because I feel like the Rangers. You know, they've got de Gram slowly working his way back, Tyler Mally's making rehab starts. They could move Sures four to five some other pieces and start to look to next year and then still sell to their fan base. Hey, look, Tyler, Molly's coming back, and you know we're still shooting for that wildcard. But hey, we're the champs anyway, remember last year when everything was awesome. I think they can get away with it. Do you think the Dodgers might be knocking on the door saying, hey, Max, you want to come back for one more run? Because the Dodgers could use Matt sus are in the worst way right now, are they.
Speaker 2: They're just building like all these players that can only go three or four, And I don't I don't think he makes I think Jack Flaherty. I think Garrett, Yes, but I'm saying, like he's had injury problems up the wazoo. You need a guy that's missed a whole bunch of times.
Speaker 1: Is one of these guys. He's only gonna go where he wants to go. He's been to the Dodgers. It was a good experience for him. I'm thinking that is not nearly as an impossibility as others might. I think that is actually something that if I'm the Dodgers, I'm looking at my rotation. I'm saying, hey, emy, when Shuzer was here, that was cool. It was like that Chris Farley moment on s and how remember remember when you were in the rotation it went to a World Series.
Speaker 2: Idiot, stupid. I think a team like the Braves would make more sense because they don't have a lot of assets to trade from it, and I don't think they're going to be in the market for a lot of these other players. So you know, if they wanted to bolster out the last piece of the rotate guys are getting hurt and stuff like that, they could probably get a suerser for next to nothing. That's where I think teams like the Dodgers would be more competitive and be able to get a fetti crochet, a flirty or something like that. I mean, maybe I'm making too much.
Speaker 1: About the Dodgers that it's just money. Like it's just money, Like if the Dodgers thainking, Hey, yeah, we'll pay a bunch, just just send them over here. Good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that's about a little cash strapped right now.
Speaker 1: I don't care what anybody tells me. Also, this is gonna get confusing, so I want you to stay with me as we transition from three down to the injuries. Cantam Eta allowed six runs seven hits, two and two thirds bad day against the Guardians. In injury news code is Senga struck out three over two and two thirds innings Tuesday and a rehabs start.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Just you with me? Just why? Sure you're with me?
Speaker 2: Got it? Joe never gonna I remember that the time that you said the name wrong one time.
Speaker 1: Stupid god. So dl Hall left his rehab start with a forum contusion, so he should be okay. He took a comebacker, so let's not panic right now. Tyler Molly the before mentioned two scoreless hittings on Tuesday minor league rehab start. Lance mccullors, I don't think this is gonna go well. Welsh Ye had that fearm surgery. He got shut down again. New arm discomfort in there. I think mccollors might be done, which is sad. I don't like.
Speaker 2: People's all the armed discomfort for Astro's pictures from Garcia with the Tommy John tell him to the hobbyer it's not good.
Speaker 1: Not good. A. J. Smith Shaver was activated by the Berege. We'll see what they do with him. Clayton Kershaw's can make another minor league rehab assignment on Saturday, So I would expect we're gonna see him after the break is over. Maybe now we'll see about the break. Yeah, he's not good about Saturday. That's it. Yeah know what I'm saying. They're U Saturday right after the break. You're gonna get Clayton Kershaw against you. Justin Verlander through a bullpen session on Tuesday, Devin Williams on Tuesday facetitters in live VP, Brian Woo, I was gonna start this week against the Angels with that hamstring. And Jacob de Gram through a thirty pitch bullpen session on Tuesday Welsh Jacob de Gram over under five starts this year for the Texas Rangers five and a half, five and a half starts.
Speaker 2: And a half under under.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean crackers, tell me over or under five and a half starts for Jacob de Gram. I want to hear from you.
Speaker 2: He's just building it up. He's going to have to restarts under. I will tell you this. I just want to mention this. I was out at Padres Complex yesterday. Yowan monk Jo moan Katta now made his debut back into uh into complex ball playing rehabbing. He did the Eloy Jimenez of just just walk into first had a He went up in a Carl Edwards Junior, by the way, who was starting for the Padres. But he started his rehab looking like he'll be back after the All Star Game. It was fine.
Speaker 1: He wasn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think he wanted to be there in one hundred and fifteen degree weather playing with eight to year own a complex league kids, So forgive him if he didn't have a lot of effort, but he did make his way back.
Speaker 1: I'd love to see deGrom be the closer, just to see what that would look like. But I don't think that's gonna happen either.
Speaker 2: If they were winning games.
Speaker 1: I think five and a half is a magic number there, because I'm looking in August and like, can he make five starts? And I'm can he make five starts in September or force and the waybe won by August? Maybe? Maybe I mean you're paying.
Speaker 2: The under everyone's easy. Everyone's got over over over ouh, you guys.
Speaker 1: Everybody everybody's optimistic. Baseball is eternal optimism.
Speaker 2: Good for you, guys. He's gonna need a month to rehab because he hasn't thrown a ball in a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know we've been though. We've been red hot when it comes to the betting lately, so let's get back into it. It's time for Wednesdays Best Bets of the Day with Joey p and the Welsh. Remember, go to bet three six five, use the promo code leading off bet five bucks. Then you get one hundred and fifteen bonus bets, but only when you use the promo code leading off. And remember you have to be eighteen or over in Kentucky gambling problem called one hundred gambler or one hundred bets off. In Iowa, terms and conditions apply. Welsh just looking for the games today. Yesterday was really good of the props got thirty six percent ROI this week strong, strong beginning to the week. I want to continue it on Seattle's hot right now. I'm gonna strike while the iron is hot, while Julio is alive, cal Rawley is alive. Let's go Bryce Miller on the mound, Seattle on the money line plus one twenty three on the road against San Diego. Michael King's all over, he's up, he's down, He's mediocre. I don't know which Michael King we're gonna get today, but I like the Mariners today plus money Cleveland. Also the Guardian's red hot yesterday. I think it carries over against Detroit again. On the run line minus one and a half, you're getting plus one twenty five on this one. Tanner Byby on the mound against Olsen, I think they're gonna handle their business against Detroit. And finally the Dodgers. I know it was ugly yesterday, but I think the Dodgers bounce back here save some face on the money line plus one twenty on the road. Suarez has not been great for the Phillies lately, so I'm gonna take a shot here at Suarez, especially with Gavin Stone on the mount who's been solid. So Stone's gonna have to come up with a big start here where Glass now hurt. With Bobby Miller being awful, with Kershaw still miles away and Yamamodo on an island somewhere, the Dodgers' rotation is falling apart, so they're gonna have to step off today with Devin Stone and shoey Otani and Freddy Freeman. The stars have got to come through here a little bit, So give me Dodgers' money line, Seattle Mariner's money line, and Cleveland run line. Those on my best bets of the day. Welsh, what do you have for the people?
Speaker 2: I think Phillies is Christopher Sanchez today. I could be maybe wrong about.
Speaker 1: That unless they make a change this morning on EMO.
Speaker 2: But also I'm not sure I would really care either way. Sanchez got to eat up in his life. Actually probably make me feel better.
Speaker 1: I will, I will definitively tell you it is Sanchez this morning. It's saying Suarez was on there, but Sanchez it is. I'm still going, still going for it anyway, liars.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I've got some bets for you. By the way, yesterday everyone was scared of my no run first inning, my little nerfy with the Rockies and the Reds Cash cashy that worked out here. So I do have another nerfy for you. And I'm playing Baltimore and the Cubs.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Both of these teams, especially Baltimore specifically offensively solid. But Shota Imanaga and Corbyn Burns on the mound. I think it's a great play. I got it at minus one thirty. Shota has done a good job, even though the era has been inflated. I talked about it yesterday. Era's over five this month. He has given up i think, only five earned runs in the first inning all season, so that is a place that he can benefit from. Hopefully Gunn are not getting to him. And Corbyn Burns is you know the go's This is my cy Young pick here, So no run first inning, Baltimore Chicago. I have another Corbyn Burns bet here. This is going to be I didn't cash this yesterday. I missed a strikeout one strikeout by Gallon and who had two opportunities at the very end of the game to get it, he didn't get that fifth. Today we're going with a six strikeout plus for Corbyn Burns and Michael King. So Corbyn Burns up against the Cubs and Michael King, as we mentioned before, he's been a strikeout monster. So give me those two paired together six plus strikeouts. That one is right around even money. And then I'm gonna play the Cincinnati Reds run line one and a half plus one, fifteen plus one ten, so we're in that range. Frankie Montesk going up against the horrible Kyle Freelan, so this is gonna be the Reds just teeing off on him and I will tell you this. I also have a first five two team parlay up that I took off of this that you can see over at Bettingpros dot com slash Welsh. If you like to follow some of the first five stuff that I do, so Bettingpros dot com slash Welsh, follow up on the bets and Betty Pros dot Com slush Joe as well.
Speaker 1: Go to Betty Pros, Betty pro Betty Pros, Betting Pros School with Betty Pros. She was really Betty's Betty's go download the app right now, start getting smarter or not harder. Those are the best bets of the day. Those are the best betties of the day. For Wednesday Fun Show, we are We're Fast and Loose. Today we are a little Lucy Goosey Today home run.
Speaker 2: What do you want to do tomorrow?
Speaker 1: No, me, I don't know. Joe Rico is gonna be two jos here, so everybody show up support the show. Joe Rico, who does a lot of our audio if you follow the Fantasy Baseball space, He's been doing a podcast for a few years now with good people, So come support the show tomorrow. I am still barely hanging on, barely breathing. No, Ellie, do La Cruz Homers for me. I should have just like with Troy Turner, who was my big you know bet yesterday I didn't think he was gonna go a home run, but he did. It would have been nice. Instead, I'm gonna go to Jose Ramirez, gonna stick with my Cleveland boys racking up some numbers here against the Tigers today. Where are you going? Let me guess, Gunner Henderson.
Speaker 2: Conner Henderson. Yes, that's exactly right. Well, I'm gonna be gone for tomorrow, on Friday.
Speaker 1: Tonight, Gunner Henderson the rest of the week.
Speaker 2: It's my perpetuity, exactly. I won't be back until Saturday. So let's just roll with Gunner Henderson through. Also, though, Joe, I know tomorrow we will have two Joe's one show, which will be very exciting. Today, we're gonna have Welsh at the Diamondbacks game.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can only hope.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do some live tweeting. I might even do a little Man on the streets and see what the people have to say about Joe. Piece of p I've been thinking about but we're gonna meet up with some We're gonna meet up with some fantasy proo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the one I said. People, that's very exciting. Tell the gang, I said, hi, and I said my best and I wish I could hang out there with them. Also, why do we call it tweeting still? If it's still X now, so we call it X thing, I don't because that feels kind of weird too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm not gonna. I think what we all have to come to terms with is what you're going to call it. Like I think the Twitter formerly is actual when we're like twitter slash, just call it one.
Speaker 1: Just call it.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna call it.
Speaker 1: But even if I call it X, I say, you know, like I just sent an X. Yeah, I want to say I want to tweetd X.
Speaker 2: Well that's that's that's why I've committed to just saying twitter, not do.
Speaker 1: I got two words for you and stream that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time kids.
Speaker 2: Bye, everybody you next week sometime