Speaker 1: I don't know if this is good or not, but the new episode today for your Second Date Update is a new single bomb who yes, has only been in the dating world a month, and she's already coming to us for help. I don't know again if that's a good sign or a bad sign, but it's what we're doing, and I really help her.
Speaker 2: She's like getting ahead of problems.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's an optimistic for sure.
Speaker 3: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And before we get to it, let's do some comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marsher said, I almost got fired at work because I got caught listening to the Second Date Update.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot, Brooke with a frownie face, your followers, I'll take it. I'll take it. I really all right. Your brand new episode starts right now, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, Second Date Updates.
Speaker 2: We know dating in general is hard, but dating when you have kids makes it way way easier. Oh, that's what it is, especially if you can teach your ten year old to drive you to the movies, instant chauffeur and designated driver. Yeah. Happy, But aiden don't look in the rear view mirror. What's happening back there? Because that's how you were made little guy. Well, one of our listeners, Savannah, is attempting to do it for the very first time, dating while having kids. Savannah, you brave, brave soul. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you, You're welcome. Like, that's an interesting perspective you have.
Speaker 2: I know this must be so easy for you right now. But tell us about your dating situation. What's going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I have two girls, eight and ten, and you know, the last few years.
Speaker 4: I've just really been focused on them.
Speaker 5: But I feel like they're at an age that i can leave with the babysitter and I'm ready to just really get out there and dated.
Speaker 3: At ten years old, I was babysitting. I think you're fine about that.
Speaker 1: Part of that's also so how long have you been on the scene.
Speaker 4: We'll say, uh, yeah, and you wish I'd say about a month?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm so curious, like, because it's obviously been a long time.
Speaker 3: What's your take on what's available? How is it working? Well, she's calling us after one month.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it is a little bit different of a world out there right now.
Speaker 5: It feels like there's more accessibility, but it also makes people a little flakier attached, Okay, very detachable nowadays.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's a good way of putting it.
Speaker 3: Who did you go out with? Are we going to get to that?
Speaker 2: Let's get to the date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get to that. Austen. His name is Austin. So I went to a rodeo event and he was one of like helpers. I don't know if you call him handlers.
Speaker 2: D he's working the event.
Speaker 3: Austin is such a cowboy name too.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know if I call him a cowboy.
Speaker 5: He he helps out and stuff, but it's not like his whole persona.
Speaker 3: Okay, how did you connect with him at the rodeo?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: You know, he saw me. We just started chatting and he gave him my number. It was fun and kind of casual and flirty.
Speaker 5: But I did tell him, like straight off the bat, like listen, I have two kids.
Speaker 4: If that's not for you, totally cool, that's great. But he seemed totally fine with it.
Speaker 3: So what did you guys do? Where'd you go?
Speaker 4: We went out for darks and drinks.
Speaker 2: You're sorry you went what darts and drinks? Darts? I thought you said some dark drinks I'm like, oh, yeah, okay, what's darts and drinks?
Speaker 1: I assume playing darts and drinking beers darts and yeah, that's a real waste of a question, Jeff, Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 4: You know, a dark place like the game darts in a bar?
Speaker 7: Uh huh?
Speaker 2: Okay? And what about the drinks?
Speaker 3: What we want to know about?
Speaker 2: I want to know about Okay, no, sure, let's talk all about the men. Brookey, Sure, okay. What was this man?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 4: He was great? We just had a pretty casual like appetizers, hang out, nice time. I just gotta be honest, like.
Speaker 5: I love my children, but it was really nice just to have some time.
Speaker 4: With an adult and feel free and that sort of a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, Especially as a single mom, you never get a break.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna clip that audio and play it for your children.
Speaker 1: Were you able to I mean I find like even when I go out with my husband on a date, like we end up talking about the kids so much?
Speaker 3: Were you able to not do that when you were out with Austin?
Speaker 2: That's tricky.
Speaker 4: It did come up a little bit.
Speaker 5: But I actually asked him in the beginning, like, please help me not do this because I I'm trying to get out of mom all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did a pretty good job.
Speaker 3: Was there any strange moments between you and him?
Speaker 4: I mean, not that I can recall it. I mean, we really got along. He asked me if I want to go back to his place and hang out some more.
Speaker 1: No, I yeah, the babysitter and said, Mama's going to be home late. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The babysitter got a extra dough.
Speaker 2: Oh okay. Yeah, so you ended up back at his place.
Speaker 5: I gotta say, for a single guy, his place was surprisingly nice.
Speaker 4: So that was great.
Speaker 1: Always a good sign because you don't want to be a mother to a third child.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, exactly, I have enough enough people to clean up after.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, So not going to too much detail. How did it go back at his place?
Speaker 4: It was good. I mean, he made us some drinks.
Speaker 5: It's like, while he was doing that, I was looking through his bookcase and saw his high school yearbook.
Speaker 4: But I thought he was so cute he said that much. Yeah, so, I mean he seemed like a little bashful when he saw that I had taken it out, But I don't think it was a big deal.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. If you're going to put your high school yearbook on your books.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every person that's walking into your apartment is going to pick that thing.
Speaker 2: And we would all be embarrassed by our yearbook picks. I mean, come on, everybody is totally so this all sounds very good. How did you two end it?
Speaker 5: We kissed a little bit and he said, you know, we'd like to do it again.
Speaker 4: And I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's been five days and he's not making a move to ask me out again.
Speaker 3: Here we are push it along.
Speaker 2: We're only going to make you wait a few minutes longer before we finally reach out to this guy. We'll call Austin and hopefully he picks up and has some answers to why he does not want to be the father to your two children. Wow, well, okay, maybe that's maybe.
Speaker 3: We should say why he doesn't want to have another baby with you. We'll start with.
Speaker 2: You call her friend back. We'll ease into the conversation when we do your second date update right after this hold.
Speaker 3: On Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Second date update.
Speaker 2: Thirty days in in our list, ser Savannah is already calling radio shows to assist with her re entry back into the dating world.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, maybe we were one of the reasons she was ready to start dating again.
Speaker 3: This show how much how much hope we give people.
Speaker 2: Very optimistic take when you hear all of our second date updates. Yeah, but a little you should know about Savannah. She has two daughters, aged eight and ten. But there is a guy that she's interested in, a guy named Austin, and he took her for darts and drinks then back to his place. But that was days ago and there really hasn't been a lot of communication since. So she's looking to us to get a little bit of help, right, Brooke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. I'm excited for you, Savannah.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if this doesn't work out, you're fresh in this. There's plenty more fish in the sea.
Speaker 3: Right totally.
Speaker 6: I do understand that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not ready to move on from this guy just yet. We didn't need the plenty of the fish talk until we actually talked to.
Speaker 3: Austin mentioned the dating apps yet. I mean there's a whole pool men on there.
Speaker 5: Yes, I have been dabbling there, but yeah, it was refreshing meeting someone in person, and i'd like to, you know, can you just see where that goes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Well, let's call Austin, try to get him on the phone, and hopefully he hasn't suffered some horrific rodeo injury prevented him from dating ever again.
Speaker 3: He was the clown that jumps out of the barrel.
Speaker 2: It does happen. Are you ready for that, Savannah?
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see. Let's call his number. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Austin. Yes, you don't have to be scared of us. We're just a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, what's up?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 7: What's going on guys?
Speaker 3: Hey, look at that small talk?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just dive right into this Austin. Because the reason why we're calling is this is a segment we do. It's called a second Date Update. Okay, okay, and that's where we try to help out listeners who've gone out with someone recently but they're not getting a call back for a second meetup. We're trying to figure out if there's a reason for it, particularly with you and a woman named Savannah.
Speaker 7: What Savannah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You remember Savannah?
Speaker 7: Right, Yes, I do remember Savannah. I'm confused.
Speaker 2: Well, she says, you went out on a date recently, a date that really stuck out in her mind as a good one. Now, granted she hasn't had a ton of new dates because she's kind of re entered the dating world.
Speaker 3: Why would we set about that, well.
Speaker 2: Just to show that you were great for her re entry.
Speaker 7: Well, she did tell me that she was just starting to date. But I mean, this is there's this block going on here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, but we want to hear what you thought about Savannah and your time together. That's kind of our ques.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, look, she seemed really nice, I mean, very cool, great personality. But the toughest thing about it is that she basically when she came over, she found my high school yearbook.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she told us that you had that out on your bookshelves. I mean, come on, man, if you're going to put it out there, people are going to look at it, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I'm totally fine with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, cool. You brought it up like it was an issue though.
Speaker 7: Well, the problem is not so much the seeing of the yearbook so much as her fixation on this quote from the yearbook.
Speaker 1: A quote, Oh like when you're like a senior and you put a quote underneath your name or something like that.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, And so they put predictions and mine said by twenty nine, I'm going to be married and have two kids.
Speaker 3: Whoa they put that in your yearbook.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I said that a long time ago when I was in high school.
Speaker 1: But right when you're at the age that you think twenty nine is really sixty four?
Speaker 3: Do you think thirty is like a grammar.
Speaker 2: Or you're married of kids by whatever age?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So why did she fixate on it? What do you mean by that?
Speaker 7: Well, so she reads it and she says, this is funny. You're twenty nine now and I have two kids.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my gosh, wait.
Speaker 7: A minute, Oh exactly that's how I felt.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh wait my god, wait what did you feel? I'm confused, like funny or stressed? I can't tell.
Speaker 7: No stress stress.
Speaker 3: Oh sssh.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You're assuming she's saying that you two are going to get married.
Speaker 7: I mean it's either that or it just feels like I'm going to be an instant dad. Either way, Oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, you don't think she was joking.
Speaker 2: And it's being an instant dad? Really the worst thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, you don't have to get up in the middle of the night if you have an eight and ten year old. That is like really a bonus. I'm just gonna say.
Speaker 2: Jump into the easier part of parent.
Speaker 1: You can throw things at them and they'll catch it, like balls and stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, are we selling you?
Speaker 7: I hear what you're saying in my dream. I mean, thank goodness, I need to write this in my yearbook. I mean, I want two boys.
Speaker 2: Oh she has girls.
Speaker 3: Girl, That doesn't mean you can't predict that.
Speaker 1: I mean unless you are coming into a relationship that already has kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, I mean, who says you can't have more kids with her and make your dream control?
Speaker 3: Why are we talking about this right now?
Speaker 2: Know if she would want him to be an act, we're talking about his dreams.
Speaker 7: Wait, I know what we're talking about dates now. I'm kind to convinced her to have two more kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, okay, fair, maybe this is a lot. What we really should be doing probably is telling you that Savannah is already on the phone with us right now, listening in on this conversation. What Yeah, and she wants to talk to you about this? Presumably Savannah, Hey, Austin.
Speaker 7: Oh hey Savannah.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, I'm sorry I freaked you out.
Speaker 6: I just thought it was funny. I was kidding, I was I'm not imagining that, you know. I want you to meet my kids next week and move in the week after. I'm not trying to entrap you or something.
Speaker 7: I feel so bad for not calling you back. I just I wish I should have said any of this to you. And now here we are, and you know, we have an audience, which is cool but so cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I just want to say, because you're not a parent, you don't know how awesome it was just to have a peaceful, fun night out with you.
Speaker 8: I haven't had that in forever, and and like.
Speaker 4: That's what I want. That's where I want to start. And you know, I'm on the apps.
Speaker 8: There are plenty of people I could go out with, but we met in person. I already know that you and I have had fun and have some chemistry and I'd rather hang out with you again.
Speaker 7: Right, you have girls? Right?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Really, I mean, yes, Austin, I have girls. But again, this is a very long down the line conversation.
Speaker 5: If you would ever even meet them, And just like even just saying we're not that old. If down the line it became a thing. I mean the best part of having lots of kids is making them so.
Speaker 4: I have a posse of more children maybe eventually.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure it's science that the more you want one gender, the more likely it is you have the opposite.
Speaker 3: Really need says that.
Speaker 7: Man, I get yeah, I mean, I'd love to go back out because you. I had such a good time too, But I just I.
Speaker 3: Don't know that she asked you.
Speaker 7: Father.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'll take it from here, Austin. So what we're trying to do in this whole segment is trying to set you up with one more date with Savannah.
Speaker 3: Just Savannah, not the children.
Speaker 2: You don't have to worry about fatherhood down the road or the future boys that you want to have. Just think about one more date, just you and Savannah, and if you're open to it, we would pay for that. Hopefully this entire conversation has given you less stress about the idea of dating and fathering future kids, only a little bit more.
Speaker 7: No, it's cool, I do want to go back out with Savannah.
Speaker 9: Yes, okay, okay, yeah, cool, that's great, And listen my oldest did say that you look like a less creepy version for her school principal, which in tween translation means she thinks you seem cool and cute.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, her daughter approves of you, Austin. How does that feel?
Speaker 7: Is good? I will take it, and like you said, we'll just kind of I'm gonna stay in my head and we'll try to take it well.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't play this recording for your daughter. I mean, the whole thing about him wanting only boys is not going to sit well with the ten year old.
Speaker 4: Fair very fair.
Speaker 2: Ye so Savannah, that means, congratulations, you got yourself one more date with Austin.
Speaker 4: Yay cool, Thank you so much for the help. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. We're here for jose will babysit for you.
Speaker 2: We got love that, We got love that.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Got a text into seven eighty five nine two that says I ended up reading my husband's high school yearbook after we were married. Turns out he was voted most likely to end up in prison.
Speaker 3: Either saved them or you're making conjugal visits right now.
Speaker 2: Three years later, they were right.
Speaker 3: Oh, wait, okay, and we would option be.
Speaker 2: Oh Man senior superlatives. It's interesting how accurate they really can do. But hopefully we'll get an update from the two of them soon and see if any of his high school predictions or dreams eventually came true.
Speaker 1: I think they're actually pretty cute together. So cute did and he overanalyzed more than a typical woman.
Speaker 2: Yes, did any of our high school predictions come true?
Speaker 9: Does it?
Speaker 3: Remember I was supposed to be a pro athlete something they said for me. Oh yeah, hey, but you're coaching high school tracks.
Speaker 2: I know in high school, I predicted that millions of people would subscribe to our podcast at Brooke and Jeffrey. You knew it was going to be on this show. The podcasts weren't even invented yet, but we make this little boys high school dreams come true. Follow us online you get yours at Brooke and Jeffrey