Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Jeff hilarious, Good morning, showing me to be here in the second and is Monday.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 4: How you feeling.
Speaker 3: How was your weekend?
Speaker 5: It was good?
Speaker 6: It was good.
Speaker 7: I spent the weekend with my daughter and her grandmother. My son is down in Maryland or whatever. Right, but yo, you know what I find very scary?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 7: The sun was up at four fifty eight this morning? Yo, y'all don't notice it's getting It's never.
Speaker 5: Been like when right? Yes, Like that is so scary to me.
Speaker 7: And it gets dark later, yes, and I know that's not because in no daylight saving like, come on, y'all that happens.
Speaker 5: Yes, no it is.
Speaker 3: I'm never using no, no, no, I do.
Speaker 7: I have never in my life seen the sun come out at four like four fifty yes, pretty regularly crazy at the time.
Speaker 8: To everybody out there that's actually experiencing us springing summer, okay, because some of them start to you and what twentieth yes, okay, well we're in the springtime.
Speaker 9: We ain't getting that in the tricity.
Speaker 8: Now, I don't feel okay, So everybody across the country that's experience in actual spring.
Speaker 5: Temperatures were not Yeah, I feel like, how can I would do that?
Speaker 4: Y'all?
Speaker 7: Like one hour? No, no, iur going forward and bat can change that.
Speaker 3: It's the way that the Earth is on the axis and that this country.
Speaker 9: I don't believe you just said, no, Earth is on the act. It might be I don't know. This don't sound right coming from all right.
Speaker 3: Well, all the students at Lincoln Tech.
Speaker 2: I got a chance to speak at their graduation over the weekend, So salute to Lincoln Tech. It's a technical school where they teach a trade school, I should say, where they teach automotive, HVAC, electrical welding. So I got a chance to talk at their graduation. I actually took a couple of classes there because I just like to learn issue my my.
Speaker 9: Cars and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I got to Earth be on his axis, and you got that's what you're learn And then happy birthday to my mom. I celebrated my mom's eightieth birthday over the weekend, a lot of fun and then remember the Daddy daughter day practicing. That was this weekend to do good.
Speaker 3: I killed it. I did wear my knee pads. I'm gonna show your video.
Speaker 5: Did you get down on one or two?
Speaker 8: Only one k only two DIY parties, only two ad free cars, dropping the clues, bombs and tailor to our producer.
Speaker 9: Man, she had an amazing baby showers.
Speaker 8: Yea ball and you would be surprised how many of our co workers the tricks that they can do. I saw Brandon pick up a bottle of his mouth doing one of our producers. Brandon, I was playing some baby game where you put the balloon in your shirt. Right now, what I'm talking about. He put the balloon in your shirt, and I guess you gotta act like you're pregnant like head showed his knees, told like they do wipe me down or something, and you got to pick the bottle up with your mouth.
Speaker 4: That okay, strong.
Speaker 9: Your mouth? That was crazy. Him a traveler playing together and he beat trapped.
Speaker 10: A game.
Speaker 9: I got a video.
Speaker 2: But speaking of heavy damn, it's definitely all right then, Yes, Brendon hopped right off that clouse. Just want to talk to us now, Ricky Smiley will be joining us this morning. There's a new comedy special, Ricky Smiley Foolish Man.
Speaker 3: It's on Hulu May thirtie, so it's out already.
Speaker 9: It's hilarious too, by the way.
Speaker 3: And also doctor Rita Walker will be joining us doctory to.
Speaker 8: Walker is the author one of my favorite books, The Unapologetic God, The Black Mental Health, and that book is celebrating five years, so she will be here to talk talk about that. I was with doctor Rida Walker this week into at Rock Nations United Justice Coalition. We had a summit on how law enforcement can be better in regards to responding to mental health crisises.
Speaker 9: So doctor rid will be here this morning.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's get the show cracking. We got front page news. We more gonna be joining us, and don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: God morning warning.
Speaker 2: Everybody's dj n v ess hilarious, Charlamagne God.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. What's up Morgan?
Speaker 7: Morgan, Oh, you wanted to skip sports? Okay, we could do that first Off front page. There's breaking news out of Boulder, Colorado, sad news. Actually multiple reports of people marching Fort Israelis held by Hamas are injured and a suspect is in custody following a malotov cocktail at a mall. Now, the suspects, Mohammed Solomon, is reportedly an illegal alien from Egypt who overstayed his visa. The attack, which left at least six people wounded, took place during a weekly gathering of individuals.
Speaker 11: Didn't mention that now.
Speaker 7: FBI Director Cashptel described the incident at the Pearl Street mall as a targeted terror attack, but Boulder Police Chief Stepan Redfern, he's not quite ready to make that designation as of yet, so let's hear those comments from him.
Speaker 12: Well, you're not calling it a terror attack at this point. Again, it's way too early to speculate motive. I know there's a lot out there on social media, but I ask people just to give us a little bit of patience while we work through a really complex scene. This was a beautiful Sunday afternoon in downtown Boulder on Pearl Street, and this.
Speaker 9: Act is unaccepted.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So, some of the injuries are reportedly life threatening, and the Anti Defamation League set on social media that the attack took place at the Boulder Run for Their Lives event. The weekly gathering for Jewish community members is meant to support the hostages taken during the October seventh attacks in Israel on twenty twenty three.
Speaker 9: So it is so horrible.
Speaker 11: That's posted on that.
Speaker 7: There's some in other news, the Trump administration is confident it will overcome any court challenges to its tariff policy now. Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnik told Fox News Sunday that the latest challenge put the trade team back about a week in terms of their goals, but he added that the country has returned to the bargaining table, and Lutnick says the court challenges the court challenge to tariffs was just a speed bump, but he believes the White House will prevail in court.
Speaker 11: Let's take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 15: I think it cost us a week, Maybe cost us a week, but then everybody came right back to the table.
Speaker 4: We're going to take that up to higher courts.
Speaker 15: The President's going to win like he always but rest assured tariffs are not going away.
Speaker 14: So Lutnik affirmed the constitutional powers that the president has to enact emergency tariffs if the nation is at risk. Trump's tariff plan was reinstated by federal appeals court last week after it was halted by a lower court. So remember I said, good luck trying to keep up with the teriffs now that a tariff block has officially been lifted since the last time we spoke on Friday, and more specifically, the White House says a trade deal with China is coming, maybe as soon as this week. White House Economic Advisor Kevin Hassid was asked about the status of trade negotiations on ABC's This Week, and he says, the tariff battle with China is still being worked out.
Speaker 11: Let's take a listen the presidents.
Speaker 3: We expect we'll discuss the matter this week.
Speaker 16: What's that things resolved that we're going to take deals into the oval that jameson Greer at Howard Lutnik negotiated.
Speaker 14: So Hasid added that he expects President Trump will update the tariff plan this week and China, excuse me. Trump accused China of violating its trade deal and announced that he was doubling steel and aluminum tariffs. So again, we'll keep you posting on how these trade deals and tariffs work out as time arises. It looks like we have a little bit more time for one more. So I'm gonna go a little positive with this one.
Speaker 7: June Mark's Pride Month, the celebration of LGBTQ history, identity, and progress. It all started with the first Pride Parade in nineteen seventy one, year after the Stonewall Riots and New York sparked national push for LGBTQ riots or excuse me rights. The White House officially recognized Pride Month in nineteen ninety nine, and in twenty and two thousand and three, the Supreme Court struck down laws that once made homosexuality a crime. But it does seem like things are headed in a reverse type situation. So while you guys can enjoy Pride Month, shout out to the lgbtqs that are enjoying Pride Month right now.
Speaker 4: All right, Happy Pride Month.
Speaker 8: And yes, the lgbtqs, we made it feel like a bunch of letters.
Speaker 9: Look at the l g B t Q, well just say it's look to the G A wires.
Speaker 11: Well, you know, the g.
Speaker 7: A wise might not identify as the t's and the t's might not identify as the LG or but for the B. So you know you got to get into it like that, but then you sometimes why all right news for six am at seven, we'll talk about Trump's big beautiful bill.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I forgot the report sports, I mean the paces beat the next one twenty five one away overbody in Indiana. I forgot all right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. If you need to vent, phone lines to wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one is the Breakfast Club. Good morning the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this? Of course?
Speaker 9: What's up? J A?
Speaker 3: You probably called it three o'clock.
Speaker 4: Waited online this morning.
Speaker 17: I finished out my work out and I just figured I'll get you guys a call. How was your weekend, Dandy?
Speaker 3: My weekend was great. My mom turned eighty this weekend. Beautiful, Happy birthday of Mama's.
Speaker 17: Hey, did you see anything on TV that would interest either one of us?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: I watched Tulsa King on the plane. That was pretty interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that show.
Speaker 17: So I just wanted to say, there's some good and bad news that I called about. The good news is that we're all healthy and alive. The bad news is that the next lost again and going into the summer football seasons about to start, and you got a root for the Giant, so it's going to be a bad year playing.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 9: You let me ask your question, Jay eight.
Speaker 8: Do you think that the Paces win one game against OKC or will.
Speaker 9: It be a sweet damn?
Speaker 3: We turned crazy to Oh.
Speaker 17: Charlie man, we got hearing four games too?
Speaker 18: Respecting again up a little bit.
Speaker 9: You think the pass can beat okay, Sy.
Speaker 17: We are going to be okay?
Speaker 9: See okay, Well, good luck on that.
Speaker 4: I just wanted.
Speaker 13: I appreciate you.
Speaker 17: I just want to stay good morning, have a good day. Oh real quick, Jeff, you're talking about daylight saving time? Go to Europe? Not did it matters, but I've been there. The sun rises at four a m.
Speaker 4: Training is different. Okay.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: We like that.
Speaker 13: Y'all have it to day and good luck to Dame.
Speaker 2: Thank you jam something sayst that is disrespect right?
Speaker 4: Hello? Who's this from town?
Speaker 9: For three?
Speaker 18: What's happening when for three Dawntown?
Speaker 4: You already. What's up?
Speaker 18: So I'm just trying to try to say something nicely, but I don't know how saving. I just want to Okay.
Speaker 3: You said you just want to smack a coworker.
Speaker 18: I just want to smack her. Wait right, who?
Speaker 8: At least you at least you ain't saying you want to box him any mouth who you want to smack?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 18: I have Boston one about ye okay, and I want a body flam? Do you know the type of people like?
Speaker 19: Okay?
Speaker 18: It works nice for it?
Speaker 20: Right?
Speaker 18: And evidently.
Speaker 4: You have some bluetooth.
Speaker 9: Your phone's down A little muff took us.
Speaker 3: Up bluetooth for speaking. If you got some bluetooth for speaking, evidently that's.
Speaker 18: The ship you like. And if you like that, that's fine. Don't give me all of the treol wa and I cut the word fix o'clock in the morning. I asked you one question, So.
Speaker 8: Why can't y'all just have a conversation about it?
Speaker 18: She got an absolute problem and she got to scale.
Speaker 9: Why can't y'all just have a conversation about it?
Speaker 18: I already have one, and you know it's really hard to have one. And here's a bad thought. I mean in my sixties and she's seventy, and that's that's that's that's a problem. It's like, you shouldn't even be acting this way. It's not like a bim with a with a gim valor or a young kid. You knowing what a person that's older than me.
Speaker 3: If you smack a wiggle, if you might kill her. So you better not even put hands on it.
Speaker 9: We not, We're not.
Speaker 8: We're not doing the smack, and we're gonna have a nice conversation with her. You're gonna pull it to the side. You can say, hey girl, look ya okay, and then y'all gonna have a bleeding.
Speaker 18: I didn't tallor's bleeding. Several times I'll be like, why are you Why do you talk so mean? I said, you get ready to go? He'm like coming in, you should be.
Speaker 21: Happy, said here all night I got you know.
Speaker 18: It's like, I mean the sun shining as a problem for this bledy.
Speaker 9: Damn.
Speaker 18: I'm like the morning I answer her, I'm questioned, and she's the type of person and you ask her a question. She assumed she made the whole question because half of.
Speaker 17: Its she knows.
Speaker 18: She assumed, that's what you're gonna ask the rest of it, and she'd be so dead wrong. Like I asked her about water. I don't know you ask me that, so I don't work that. I don't do that about the water refrigerator, that's all. I asked her, what's morning? And I said, you know what, just the second time, try to just go ahead and let this leady know.
Speaker 4: Well, Kim, just breathe.
Speaker 3: Kem breath that, Kim, just breathe.
Speaker 18: Okay, put the frash can for the old people. Put you in the trash can. To me, God has been good to me. I really he has. The y'all he has been. The old Kim would have just put that lady right the trash game.
Speaker 9: Well remember that, you know, grateful for the new me, that's right.
Speaker 18: But the lady is rolling on the old hymn hard.
Speaker 9: Well, keep praying, keep praying, keep doing your keep praying for me, because we will.
Speaker 18: Lady walk around here and bleeve people. Oh no, you'll believe old lady. I don't even take bully in life.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 18: But I'm trying to be nice to she older than me.
Speaker 3: Okay, Kevin, just breed, we gotta go to Okay, just breathe. Please, don't get them all right, I'll let you go with the billers.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, okay, get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed.
Speaker 3: I hate the way that you walk, the way talk, I hate the way everything when he is best, call up new eight hundred one.
Speaker 5: That's just me.
Speaker 3: I'm what the coach of philis. Hello, who's thish Eric?
Speaker 5: Eric?
Speaker 19: Alright, good morning everybody. I just ought to uh say that we love and support you just hilarious. And to say that the people who think that a woman is a construct is fundamentally their premius is fundamentally flawed because in order to assign any roles or expectations to something, you have to identify at first. And woman was always identified as female and that's what it is defined as an adult female. That doesn't deny transgender people or anything. That's just the truth. That's all I call to say.
Speaker 9: I appreciate you, all right, thank you back?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 9: Who's this money from Maryland?
Speaker 4: Money from Maryland?
Speaker 5: Whatever? Man?
Speaker 9: What's up? Just what's up, Charlemagne? What's up? How are you?
Speaker 4: Sir?
Speaker 13: Hey, listen, man, I gotta get him, good man, I got to get off my chest, dog Charlomagne and be been playing you for a long time. Let me tell you how, man, what's another word for donkey?
Speaker 4: Ask?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 13: And every day he looked you in the windows of your soul and ask you who you're giving your donkey to? Charlotte Charlemagne, My man, I gotta look out envy.
Speaker 4: You wrong, bro?
Speaker 8: You think you think I don't know that we know how gay and is gay? Envy is deep in the gaze of his soul. No, that's not how you say.
Speaker 9: Well, he's the game.
Speaker 4: I'm not deeping nothing with you, nothing.
Speaker 9: His soul is really a way I want.
Speaker 13: I want to say.
Speaker 9: Pride.
Speaker 13: I love y'all, man, Charlemagne. I was in the military for twenty years, brother, I got out and and because of you and a couple of other folks, I started studying psychology. I apply for my master's and clinical social work. So I appreciate you, brother, appreciate you man. Yes, maybe look forward to seeing you at your car show. Yes, you just the best I can even and longing too.
Speaker 4: But jes you the best. Thank you.
Speaker 8: Hey, we got a great guest this morning too. I don't know if you know doctor Rita Walker. She's the author of the Unapologetic GUD the Black Mental Health. That book is celebrating five years, so she'll be here this morning. So I think you would enjoy that.
Speaker 13: Absolutely. I read that because of you.
Speaker 22: Brother.
Speaker 4: Yes, I can't wait. I have a good one.
Speaker 3: Be safe, y'all take it either your third, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five five one. Now we got the latest with Lauren. What's up Lauren?
Speaker 5: Hey, good Marnie.
Speaker 23: Yes, we do have the latest Lauren coming up because Cardi b Hard launched Stefan Diggs over the weekend and she wrote him out like I mean, we've seen him at the game, but like they did like their swipe throughs there, Hey we're here together, don't play with us.
Speaker 9: They announce the day together.
Speaker 5: I mean they didn't say we're together.
Speaker 23: But she posted a video twerking on him on that boat in Miami, photos of them to kissing on the boat.
Speaker 5: He did a swipe through pictures from the game like on that actual pages.
Speaker 9: Yes, all right, you make it sound like it's pr like you said, hard lunch, Like.
Speaker 5: That's what you do when you well you roll your bay out on the ground for like, for real, for real, like it's.
Speaker 3: Like you know what I mean, Like, yeah, you going to court today?
Speaker 5: Yes I am.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: We'll get into all that when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get to go outside.
Speaker 9: Want you come on the streets back?
Speaker 3: She gets somebody that knows, somebody, little.
Speaker 5: Girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 9: And the latest on you, I'm the biggest is the latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 8: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 3: The latest on the.
Speaker 23: Breakfast Club to me, good morning everybody, Good morning. Alrighty, so let's get right on into the latest. So Cardi B Offset Stefan Diggs. So we did the reporting here last week about Offset, and there was a filing for a spouse to support.
Speaker 5: Once we did that report, Cardi B.
Speaker 7: Saw our report and she saw the reports of the spos UH spousal support spousal request, and she got onto the spaces and she she spoke for herself. Let's say listen to Cardio on spousal support.
Speaker 24: The fact that I'm waking up right now to see that this and his team, I don't know. I know it's not his team. I know it's his gonna tell the Breakfast Club. The only reason why this man asking for spousal support because I was asking for everything, and because I.
Speaker 5: Don't be with my kids.
Speaker 9: Yore you such a.
Speaker 5: Word to my mother.
Speaker 25: I want you to die, but I want.
Speaker 5: You to die slow where you die.
Speaker 24: I want your die slow in a bed, and while you die, I think of me When I first fought for divorce, my lawyer fought for and just started spasting right.
Speaker 4: So I told my.
Speaker 24: Lawyer I asked for no child support because I want to be done with this marriage.
Speaker 9: Like I feel like I'm tied up. Nobody want you don't want your kid's father to die.
Speaker 5: I think she just she's upset.
Speaker 23: And so then after this, sometime after this, well, first let's there's another audio, because then she talks about actually being able to the whole kids thing, because I was the claim allegedly that them there's not a good relationship as far as like Cardi with her kids or him being able to see the kids, and she spoke to that.
Speaker 5: Let's say, listen, Kiari is allowed to see my kids.
Speaker 24: He stood up my kids three times. He have seen Blossom only like five times. And I've been trying to save your face. But for you stop playing stand there. I don't be seeing my kids because you don't want to look like a less of a business. I allow you to talk to the kids every single day. If I allow you to talk to the kids, why would I not allow you not to see the kids. It was a point that he was making a big deal like, oh, I'm not going to go to New York to see the kids because I'm not going to be seeing my kids in a hotel room. I said, you know what, to make it easier for you, you could see the kids in my house, just because I want my daughter to feel the love of her dad. Okay, so before you start talking to me out about I don't see my kids, you haven't seen the kid since March.
Speaker 8: I don't want to know any of this. I don't want to hear about any of this, Like some things should be worked out behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: It's just sad to see a relationship happen like that. Yeah, it's just so damn sad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then so following this sometime in between.
Speaker 9: And I'm sure Cardis haters love this. They love to see when you're going.
Speaker 4: Through it of course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think off sets too like they did.
Speaker 23: Yeah, because people had so much opinions and stuff about their relationships. Anyway, let me get thosehotos about that relationship anyway, So people this, this just adds to the conversation people are than able to have. But following this, because there was a lot of back and forth on line, a lot of support for Cardi, a lot of support for offset h, Stepan Diggs and Cardi B got on Instagram and they both separately did their own posts. So Stepan Diggs did have swiped through and you know it was he actually posted on June first, so beginning of the month type of thing. So he said in his caption to the month of May, I appreciate you. Nonetheless, got to stay focused. And we know that Cardi B has been dating Sef Digs that were the photos of them at the next Game, but this is the first time that both of them have actually posted each other on their Instagram. So he did a swipe through and in the swipe through includes a photo of him Accardi b at that game. And the last video, which people of course pulled out there in the swipe through is a video from that moment when the migos were at the at the BET Awards and the whole did I get left off bat and the whole conversation, so he grabbed Apart from that video, it's of Quevo saying like, let's wrap it up then, So I'm like that, So people grab it because they're like, okay, this is a shot at offset. And then you got Cardi who came back online as well, and she posted a swipe through it herself.
Speaker 26: Now.
Speaker 23: Her swipe through included photos from the beach on that boat on Miami in Miami that they were on them two hugged up kiss to see.
Speaker 5: She also posted photos.
Speaker 23: She also posted photos of like a bunch of flowers she received and she's holding the flowers they like filled the living room. She also posted a video of her and Stephan's Egg's on the boat getting crazy.
Speaker 8: Hey man, looking at those pictures hurt my feelings? Okay, yeah, because your ex wife, the mother and your child then moved on and found love with somebody else. That hurt to see if you've got a good woman if you love it, and you better do right by her because it's gonna hurt to see her with someone else. And when that someone else got a three years, sixty nine million dollar contract with twenty six million guaranteed.
Speaker 9: Oh that's just odd, that tweet throat, that's.
Speaker 5: Crazy that you're feelings hurt. Was your feelings hurt for her when offset.
Speaker 3: Was out here with the holes?
Speaker 9: If all said had a richer woman, yes, oh yeah, I would be, but no, this is working.
Speaker 7: Out all right, all right, Well she deserves all she getting and yes, look like she'd be getting down.
Speaker 9: I love it, I say, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 5: Yes, she looked good on that boat, all that they look good to gather.
Speaker 4: Honey, love it.
Speaker 9: It did it hurts.
Speaker 8: It doesn't hurts to see that's a man. It's just like, damn, I'm happy for this and that can happen. That can happen if you you know, if you, if you have right thing, of course that woman will move on.
Speaker 23: I think a lot of us start to that maybe one day they would figure it out, it would be good or whatever. But yeah, it seems like she's completely where she's at now.
Speaker 3: Listen, he over there crying and lives crazy.
Speaker 9: There's no need for you to do.
Speaker 13: So same.
Speaker 9: You see what I'm saying, women.
Speaker 23: I think it's just I think for the women that are because there was a lot of women defending Carti when we did our story about this responsive support. People feel like they've been along this ride with them because there was a lot of the cheating allegations and things on off set side, but they.
Speaker 5: Were very public. So people feel for Carti.
Speaker 23: They feel like, you know, she's finally trying to get her things together and all these explosions keep having.
Speaker 9: Oh, Carti doing her thing, and Cardi has every right to do that.
Speaker 8: I'm just simply saying, as a man, it hurts to see because that is what happens when that woman is when that woman is ready to move on, she's gonna move on and live her best life.
Speaker 9: And it's gonna hurt to see.
Speaker 2: Because we've seen both of them come up in this in this industry, right we said, start dating. We see them getting married, we see them have children, we see them, you know, mess up together, we see them get back, we see them do music, and then just to see that it's just sad man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, nobody said, but Offset, the hell, Now.
Speaker 3: What else you got going on? Don't play with yesterday?
Speaker 5: Okay, try might just started.
Speaker 7: He was not having it, yes, and I was saying to myself, it's the morning pride, grab your rain boats and go outside.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, guess what.
Speaker 8: Listen listen, Cardia is the homie. But Offset being sad is enough for me. I have a little empathy for it.
Speaker 9: Okay, situation man.
Speaker 8: As a man, I have a little empathy just because I'm like, damn, bro, she out here with somebody else, not living her best life. Yes, she man got a sixty million dollar contract with you talking about the money.
Speaker 3: That's what you came out money.
Speaker 5: I mean, Offset got his hown money too. But what did we expect Cardi b to do? That's what I'm saying at the end of the day.
Speaker 8: At the end of the day, that's why the spousal support thing wasn't a good look. When you did living your best life with somebody who got that kind of paper, and then whatever is happening in the court rooms that don't look right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, just get over it.
Speaker 4: Niggas.
Speaker 5: Get the baby.
Speaker 8: They're talking about him potentially getting cut from the patriots over that boat video.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that boat video is still really much a thing, very much a thing, and a lot of a lot.
Speaker 9: Of people don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 23: Though I was about to say, I've seen a lot of people say that that that's a step too far to cut him.
Speaker 5: But they just I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 3: They got to prove what's in it, right, you don't know what's in it?
Speaker 9: They why did they have cameras on the boat?
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 8: Just pointed something about this morning because you all was saying it was an alt toy kid.
Speaker 9: I never saw the video. I saw it this water for the first time.
Speaker 5: That was when he pops it open. There's bag it's a period.
Speaker 9: There was no pop open. It was a baggy.
Speaker 5: Regardless of whatever we think it is, it was it looked like a pop up.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's the same two different things, but whatever I seen was but you showed me this morning wasn't a pop open on.
Speaker 23: But I will say, even outside of that, as we wrap up, the people just seeing him being on the boat having a good time in general was a bad look for the team and that that caused a lot of up. I don't look, I don't know they have a reputation conversation, but yes, they would have to investigate and figure out what was what. But it well, no matter what would happen, no matter what happens with the Patriots or whatever, he still got the girl.
Speaker 9: Man, could you cut it out all parties?
Speaker 2: This quick question you're going to call today, Who's who's understand I know you're gona talk about the next hour, but yeah, I'm.
Speaker 23: Not for sure who's on the stand today. I know they finished up with me at the personal assistant with her cross examination on Friday, but I'm not for sure.
Speaker 5: We're going to send it down.
Speaker 2: Get your answer to that, Okay, all right, now, when we come back, we got front page news and then Ricky Smiley will be joining us.
Speaker 3: So don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It's DJ Envy, just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news now. Over the week the neat we're getting it along.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend. The Knicks we're eliminated. Oh, you can't even get it out.
Speaker 2: I can't faces beat the Knicks one twenty five, one eight, so the paces will be taken on OA.
Speaker 4: The first game is June fifty.
Speaker 8: What even the fact that they lost, they just got their ass busted. Did you think about how they fumbled in game won? The Nigga didn't want to win that series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible. But what's up, Margan?
Speaker 14: Good morning, and I'm so sorry, you know, thoughts and prayers, thoughts and prayers. Let's talk about Trump's Big Beautiful Bill. So House Speaker Mike Johnson says the White House spending bill will actually strengthen Medicaid. Of course, this is from opposition on the other side of the aisle. Now, Johnson's told NBC's Meet the Pressed the bill protects all safety net programs by implementing much needed reforms.
Speaker 7: He added that it will cut the deficit by over a trillion dollars over ten years.
Speaker 14: Let's take a listen to how Speaker Mike Johnson on Trump's Big Beautiful Bill.
Speaker 20: There are no Medicaid cuts in the Big Beautiful Bill. Wait, we're not cutting Medicaid. What we're doing is strengthening the program. We're reducing fraud, waste, and abuse. The reason we call it the Big Beautiful Bill is because it is a tremendous pro growth package entwined in this legislation that is going to make everybody's incomes go up.
Speaker 4: There's going to be more job opportunity.
Speaker 14: So the Senate will now debate the measure where Republicans can only afford to lose three votes. The multi trillion dollar tax and spending package narrowly passed the House last month, and after the Senate votes, House lawmakers will have to approve changes to the bill. I believe they're a deadline they're looking at is July fourth to get that passed, So we will.
Speaker 11: I'll keep you guys posted on that.
Speaker 8: Well, the thing, you know, here's the thing too, if they aren't cutting medicaid, you will know.
Speaker 9: So if your Medicaid gets cut, you will know they lied to you.
Speaker 8: So please remember speaking Mike Johnson saying that they aren't cutting medicaid.
Speaker 9: I hope they're not cutting it, but if they do cut it, you will know that they lie to you.
Speaker 14: They say they're not cutting the Medicaid, right, but they're saying they're rooting out the waste, fraud and abuse of it. So basically, if you're an illegal alien or if you're somebody you know here that may may not you know, supposed to be there, if they supposedly feel that you don't qualify, then yeah, but that's where.
Speaker 11: The cuts are.
Speaker 14: But that's when they're saying, that's where it's that gray area of where they say it's supposed to be waste, fraud and abuse.
Speaker 11: But you know, I'm not gonna get too much into that.
Speaker 14: On the other side of the aisle, Democrats say Trump's so called big beautiful bill will kill Americans. That's what Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy told CNN State of the Union.
Speaker 11: Let's take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 27: When you lose your health care, you are much more at risk of early death. When rural hospitals close because of this bill, when drug treatment clinics close in Iowa and rural America because of this bill, more people will die at a younger age.
Speaker 14: So Murphy says he fears rural communities will suffer the most if the bill is signed into law. Democrats say the White House tried is trying to cut Medicaid and other social safety nets by billions of dollars. Now, Republicans say they are much needed reforms to the programs that will cut the deficit. So again we'll keep you guys posted. As of today, Congress is still in recess, but they will be back in session tomorrow and I'm gonna be up there and all the questions. So President Trump, he says he will seek Congressional approval for those related spending cuts in this fiscal year. Now, the Office of Management and Budget Director Russell Vote says the White House will use a special tool that recommends Congress take back spending that has already approved.
Speaker 11: That's called the Empowerment Control Act.
Speaker 7: The ICA Empowerment Control Act specifically addresses the president's ability to withhold or delay the spending of funds already appropriated by Congress. Now, Office of Management and Budget Director of Russell Vote describes the rarely used procedure.
Speaker 11: Let's take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 16: So it's a provision that has been rarely used, but it is there, and we intend to use all of these tools. We want Congress to pass it where it's necessary.
Speaker 9: We also have executive tools.
Speaker 16: The very Empowerment Control Act itself allows for a procedure called pocket recisions later in the year to be able to bank some of these savings without the bill actually being passed.
Speaker 14: So he told CNN State of the Union it was used for over two hundred years but stopped in the nineteen seventies, leading.
Speaker 11: To fraud and abuse.
Speaker 14: So I'll keep you guys posted on what they're going to be trying to you know, basically what programs or where that money will be coming from, and how it will be replaced or reused in other areas. That one's fairly interesting, and one last one I think is impacting. A lot of people seem to be a lot very upset about this. The Department of Labor has suspended operations at more than one hundred job course centers nationwide, the center in Detroit. A center in Detroit shut down last week, well ahead of the June thirtieth deadline for operations to be suspended, leaving alumni and others in shock and announcing what is called a phased pause. The Labor Department said the program was no longer achieving the intended outcomes that students deserve. In addition, Labor Secretary Lori Chavez DeRemer pointed to a number of serious incident reports and our in depth fiscal analysis. So that seems to be a developing stories breaking over night. So I'm going to keep you guys posted as well as to what happens as a result of these job labor corps or excuse me, job corps centers of being shut down nationwide.
Speaker 11: But that could pretty much conclude your front page news.
Speaker 7: You guys can follow me on socials at Morgan Media and for more news coverage, follow at Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at bi ndnews dot com.
Speaker 11: Thank you, thank you all.
Speaker 2: Right, now when we come back, Ricky Smiley will be joining us. We're gonna kick it a Ricky Smiley, so don't move.
Speaker 9: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is DJ Envy just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the buildings. Indeed's back, ladies and gentlemen, Riggy Smiley.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you all for having me.
Speaker 3: Don't you got your own show?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I got off early pre record of the prank phone call sending her slide. I don't know here, folks man.
Speaker 9: Riggy. I would laugh so much watching your special man. I was telling him that this morning.
Speaker 22: You saw it.
Speaker 3: What you mean I saw?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I knew you was gonna be with it. Man, I laughed so hard. You know why, I could have felt warm?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Regardless of what you said that people might get be offended by it, just felt like it was coming from a good place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they'll be all right. That's a problem, man.
Speaker 26: The comedy is just everybody is too sensitive right now. We need to get back to the nineties when comedians did what they did. Eddie Murphy Rod is still funny. I don't get offended that nothing. Eddie Murphy Delirious is funny. Jamie Fox Martin, those specialist, Mark Curry, all of those specialists are still funny. Man. Are we just in a cancel culture? And on this when I just say what the hell I want to say and just have fun with the audience. The audience that came out to see you, they said we want you, and that's what I gave them.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't want a young kid to watch Eddie Murphy Rod the letter, especially a young member of the lgbt Q.
Speaker 9: You got to ease into that one.
Speaker 4: Now you can't.
Speaker 9: You can't turn that one on nothing.
Speaker 3: But is that why it took you ten years to do another special?
Speaker 9: No, man, you know what happened.
Speaker 4: I got in the radio, got in and raising the kids. I was still performing on the weekend.
Speaker 26: You just have to give yourself some space, give yourself a cushion to have a balanced life.
Speaker 4: You know, do radio, you know, do shows or whatever.
Speaker 26: But then push the kids on the swing set and just have some fun and enjoyed life and sit on the beach a couple of a few weekends instead of three shows on a Saturday, two shows on a Friday.
Speaker 4: And it ain't the shows, it's the end between show just you know, the two.
Speaker 26: Hours, the two and a half, the three hour wait for you to go back on stage, in between shows, sitting in a room with comedians and we run out of things to talk about and your voice gone, and it just that was kind of I just needed I just needed a cushion. So I didn't put pressure on myself to do another one. I just kept performing in David Talbert and Land Talbert. It's like, hey, man, you need to do another specially you haven't done one in years. I said, okay, So I was like cool, and we did it. We shot it, did three shows and it was fun. I had a good time. If I had one critique, I just felt like I, oh no, it just kind of felt like I had something to prove.
Speaker 4: And I think I should have just took a deep breath and just relaxed a little bit.
Speaker 26: When I go back and look at it, you know, you your own worst critic. You hear yourself on the radio, You're gonna turn the station. You ain't gonna and listen to you. I can't stand and listen to prove to you. Just felt like you just have something to prove, like you coming out like like come down.
Speaker 4: I think it was like a walking a pok.
Speaker 7: He was like an uncle at a cookout like you. That's why I was gonna ask you, did you write anything? It just seemed like you just had it and it was just it was.
Speaker 26: There, like yeah, just I had been working on some of that material for years and it was just sharp.
Speaker 4: It was developed. I had did it in comedy club.
Speaker 26: I had reader Brent, comedian special k big Shine, LeVar.
Speaker 4: Walker, you know, you know, helping me out or whatever.
Speaker 26: Giving me, you know, punching up the stuff, making it funny and performing it. You know, so when you perform this stuf, you know, just when we did shows together, you know how time I'll pull y'all to the side and said, hey, look, you make a mistake right here, do this right here, and then flim that, do that right there.
Speaker 4: I wish I could coach comedy.
Speaker 5: That's all definitely need some comedy.
Speaker 4: I will tell her. I was on beat some on ass one night. I said, why did you do that?
Speaker 26: I bought it to the dress and I said, you need to do this like this. She said, for real, she said, I just really appreciate you even taking the time.
Speaker 3: Are they receptive though a comedian?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm sorry, but she was because she did exactly what he because we were all on the same exactly what he told her to is she got a bigger response.
Speaker 26: Sure did, yeah, And we were just going crazy about it because you know, I take the time to coach them. I pulled just to the side and saying, hey, let's do this like this, or what do you think or do you think this will work better? I'm trying to tell him what to do. But that's that's our job because we was coaching. You know, you couldn't make no mistakes. You have to respect that somebody put think enough of you to pull you to the side, because most people are not gonna say nothing.
Speaker 9: Can you people when they not funny?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, hey, just don't don't go back on Now you can't write jokes. You can't write funny.
Speaker 26: But they have to know how to perform it or whatever are You just have to find that, find that whatever that niche is and bill from there or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So is it okay for comedians to have writers?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, so because you know some people like now, I rate my own jokes. I do my own stuff like you see that so much. But now is today rappers got writers? Now they help with certain things.
Speaker 4: Is that okay? Or is it one of those things that I would give.
Speaker 26: Them your concept? You said sometimes I have a punchline. I said, here's a punchline.
Speaker 4: I tell you what I tell you.
Speaker 26: Another story satterday entertainer wrote little Darryl, No, that's a true story.
Speaker 22: Wow.
Speaker 26: Now we open up Uptown Comedy Club that was behind Houston's where we was doing the very open the opening weekend, and I said saying I got this this joke about this kid saying this Eastern speech, and we was in a seventy nine cutlass drive having up peach Tree. He said, oh man, I said, what should I name it? He said, oh man, he was going through that. He said little Daryl. He said little Darren.
Speaker 4: He said, yeah, he's saying the East speech. And he said my name Little Darryl.
Speaker 26: And Liz said said, entertaining pretty much helped me develop that entire Joe. That changed my entire career. I did that that joke on comic you and my career took off. They still talk about it. People weren't even born. Well, I don't know if you was born when I did.
Speaker 4: But I know exactly I know it right, yeah right, said said developed that joke.
Speaker 8: Wow, you're saying things in the special that people need to hear. For example, tell his brother envy Y he shouldn't die his bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, don't don't die, because don't that that just for men or whatever?
Speaker 9: I got.
Speaker 26: I got a little dying there, but I let the little great seep out a little bit because women like that.
Speaker 4: Right you are? Zaddy?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, be one.
Speaker 4: End.
Speaker 26: We got to get off that van. We got to get off that van with them ogs, with them great beers, with them some songs. If we got to get off the van with.
Speaker 3: My little jestmen a little bit, I like my little just the little.
Speaker 26: Gray come on out, and women like, yeah, now I got the little gray coming out or whatever. But I took an eyeliner, the little mascaron and kind of breasted over this part or whatever. But you got to make sure you got a nice blend. Like I'm young, but the great shows the wisdom, you know what I'm saying. You do that and you take your two honey packs and have them sticking out of your pocket, you're still clapping cheeks.
Speaker 2: I still got it, stupid, We're still kicking it with Ricky Smiley. Now you still get butterflies or nervous when you're on stage.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, you do it so much.
Speaker 26: Man, if you're not about the if you don't have a bubble in your you're about to fart, like you, Brian, you got passing gas. You know, just you ever you ever farted like headed to the microphone.
Speaker 7: I'm talking about, like to take it like right before, like twenty seconds before you got to go on.
Speaker 5: You feel it right at the tippy.
Speaker 3: Like he's doing that here, how about that?
Speaker 26: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Jess and Mike Jesson, Mike Epps don't care. They'll blow up anybody's bathroom. What Michael Mike ELPs started on the set of Friday After Next and we had to stop taking no. Yeah, it was in the little house where we was doing the scene with the crystals tep fan Mike Epps let one.
Speaker 4: Go that day. They said we got to take a break.
Speaker 26: It wasn't enough. It wasn't it wasn't enough spray. It wasn't It was something in there. I don't know where Mike Epps eight but him and just they don't care. They didn't blow they blow up bathroom.
Speaker 4: I got sick.
Speaker 9: I was so nervous.
Speaker 4: Oh, Donnie Ronald's low down asked, Oh, I don't know if you did that show when the Martin Lawrence tour was in Atlanta. I don't know you. I think it was beat some on.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 26: So COVID had just came out. Donnelle Rollins goes on stage and man, he started doing this stuff. He took the handsun of Tizer on stage and and you know that's when COVID first started because two weeks after that they canceled all the shows tour because Covid had got dangerous and he had the hands of tizing and he was pumping the skin of hands sanitizer everywhere on stage. The freaking audience was going crazy. I'm on side of saying yeah, not realizing that I was next.
Speaker 9: Celebrate He's like yeah.
Speaker 4: Ma Maroma said, hey, Rick, you next. You need to get your together because look what he doing. Man, he did a twenty six thousand standing ovation.
Speaker 26: However, many people that arranged twelve twenty thousand whatever the State Farm rented.
Speaker 9: A full house, got a stand out.
Speaker 4: No, no, we ain't gonna do that. We ain't gonna do that. You gonna do that? That's my guy.
Speaker 3: Got She get mad, though.
Speaker 4: You should have been there.
Speaker 9: I got that was funny.
Speaker 4: Tell Benja Brown to send you the video. Benji Brown got it on tape.
Speaker 9: Shout out the video.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shut out to Benja Brown. So I was next.
Speaker 26: So I have a playbook Charlemagne, So I have acts one through nine. So it's not different jokes, but it's the order that I do. The joke depends on what happens before I go on stage.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. I watched Nick Saban's speech before I perform.
Speaker 26: You watch a Nick Saban or Coach Prime speech, you can transform that into comedy in order to get motivated.
Speaker 8: I'm not lying, man football, So what dof Nick Saban or Prime said that you actually like what your mind that you remember that you go out there like he.
Speaker 26: Always talk about winning and being your best and just it just builds you up to where you need to be to do whatever it is that you need to do, even though we're.
Speaker 4: Not playing football.
Speaker 26: So here Downielle Robin's on stage, and you got all of the bloggers on the first two rolls, all the celebrities on the first two rows. And if you have a bad show in Atlanta, you can kiss comedy period. Let's just kiss and say goodbye. Your career is Oh, you're going to be in all the blogs that they walk out on you. You're about to be in the blogs. And he got a standing innovation and I had to come with it. And I went on stage and I put that work in and got a standingnovation behind him.
Speaker 8: And I saw the blog I saw wrote about you getting a standing ovation in Atlanta.
Speaker 9: They ain't mentioned don Eldo. They did, now you're gonna have Now you're gonna have him showing up at.
Speaker 28: My show, standing up in the house, and then it's gonna be a Donnelle Rollins and Ricky smile instead of don ros Hey, Donelle, Donelle, you know you my boy, I'm giving you prompts.
Speaker 4: Kick Charlemagne's ass, not mine. Yeah.
Speaker 26: So so and I went backstage and I was throwing up and damn yeah at the same thing because there was pressure. I can't get no standing ovation your careers off everything you work for if you don't have a good show in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Atlanta, you look at every show like that, like you have to get that off cy.
Speaker 4: No, that particular city.
Speaker 26: And Donelle Rollins had did this COVID joke that up that shot the crowd, and it.
Speaker 4: Was so freaking funny. I don't even think he's rolling them fresh.
Speaker 6: And so he was like right, yeah, and they did the joke off the top of his head and he was just in prov and that wasn't no written joke because you can't do the joke was not developed right because COVID that just came out, so it's fresh.
Speaker 4: So he off the top of his head. He's ripping it.
Speaker 26: I'm seeing drug dealers with necklaces on, falling all on the floor, crying, people getting up, slapping each other.
Speaker 4: You ain't seen that's in depth gym, not that kindless. Yeah, I'm black. People got to be aired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's success to you when it comes to that special or just getting it out?
Speaker 10: Is that?
Speaker 4: Just making sure that it's special? That's the thing.
Speaker 26: They called them specials, But the question becomes, you want it to be special. You wanted to be one that you and your mom gonna pull out on Thanksgiving, like.
Speaker 4: Like this special right here.
Speaker 26: I believe that they're going to pull it out every Thanksgiving and every Christmas. We're going to sit down and watch the special. Not a lot of cussing, maybe one or two cuss words. You can watch it with your kids. They can get by the one or two cuss words that I use.
Speaker 4: And you know, every Thanksgiving and Christmas, that's gonna be something that people.
Speaker 26: Will watch, just like they watched Little Darryl and how you do that there with the basic good Charlemagne.
Speaker 4: I had that in there. We had to edit it out because I couldn't.
Speaker 26: Get ten percent. So we'm own ten percent of that song. We could not find them to pay them wowow or whatever. But the Thanksgiving and the Christmas part of it is my favorite. Tommy Davison facetiming yesterday, still laughing at one joke about the midget, and it just wiped them out.
Speaker 4: He went from.
Speaker 26: We we was at the Mbrov in Hollywood. Tommy Davison went from table to table repeating this joke. While they were still showing on the screen. He would sit his ass down and he was going from table to table, just repeating a joke.
Speaker 4: And I just sat back to.
Speaker 9: It's a lot of funny. I like you call herself trying. That is so true.
Speaker 3: Every open.
Speaker 4: Ye don't play that. Now the white people say, oh my god, my my daughter's gay.
Speaker 9: You know, the black mama's where Brianna?
Speaker 4: She's not calling herself liking.
Speaker 9: That's how that's when you find out about that.
Speaker 4: All people missing because nobody asked you, We asked where it is.
Speaker 29: Why does she have to say them? Why can't she just say she's in the back room. Back then he i'mssing calling herself like it. Yeah, Now that was the moment they.
Speaker 4: Hit the floor.
Speaker 5: Yes, do you ever feel like, you have to reinvent yourself with the new generation. I did.
Speaker 26: I did at one point, but said I stopped doing that. I just started feeling like I have a fan base. I have all theience that love me and love what I do. And y'all, don't ever forget to stick to what you do. You don't have to fit in with certain crowds and certain cultures and certain organizations.
Speaker 4: You don't have to fit in and do what you do. Why do the people?
Speaker 26: Why do people come to see you? I don't care who funny and how funny they are. You might not be as funny, do you.
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 26: God got you brought you here for a reason. God Like, these last two years have been the toughest two years of my life. I wrote my son's name and birthday on the wrist of my arm before I went on stage, because my son was.
Speaker 4: A comedian, you know, and my son is on the special.
Speaker 26: So after I say good night or whatever, in the credits roll and you will see a clip of me and me and Brandon on stage and Brandon's standing there performing he you know, it shows about five minutes of his performance, you know, split screen with the credits on the other side. So what a great way to honor your son, you know, with us on stage together like we was. I had him on stage when he was seven years old, telling the Joes, and so I would take him on tour, have toys in the dressing room or whatever. I raised all my kids in They could tell you what every dressing room look like. So it was a blessing to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're still kicking him with Ricky Smiley. His new comedy specials out on Hulu right now.
Speaker 8: Charlamayne always spoke about feeling, feeling branding his presence during performances.
Speaker 9: So how does that spiritual connection you manifest on stage for you?
Speaker 26: Uh, it's almost like you're doing it for him, you know, you know you're doing it for your son now, my son or whatever. He had his favorite comedians, you know. You know, you know, your kids always want to grow up try to be different from you. I don't want to be like you.
Speaker 4: My son loved Eddie Griffin.
Speaker 26: My son loved Roy Wood Junior and stuff, and uh you know, uh, he just had the different comedians that he liked or whatever. You know, So he had a whole different style of doing comedy. His comedy was more, you know, kind of like thoughtful, a mix between.
Speaker 4: Roy Wood Junior and Little Real. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. That was that was his whole. He had a lot more. He was a lot more intelligent. So he didn't know a lot of the older comedians. He just yeah, yeah he knew, but he just had his had his own style, you know, of performing or whatever. I enjoyed him.
Speaker 26: I miss him, But these last two years was really really tough. I don't wish that on nobody. Yeah, I don't wish that on my worst enemy. It's horrible, you know.
Speaker 4: So shout out to all the mothers, all the parents out there that have to bury your child and lost the child.
Speaker 26: Keep your kids in sports, keep them in athletics. The discipline and the structure matter. We got to learn to give kids more of what we had as opposed to what we did not have. That's what's ruining kids. If you like who you are, then give the kids what you had. I just wish everybody the best, and I hope all of you'll kids are safe, graduate college and going to be productive people.
Speaker 8: I agree with all of that, but I will say some of these kids need a little bit more than going to the water fountain.
Speaker 9: If you're dealing with.
Speaker 8: Are you dealing with some type of like mental health issues, are more you need more than the water fountain, Ricky. Yeah.
Speaker 26: Yeah, they didn't have medicine for eighty HD. It was growing up, it was go to the water fountain. You know what I'm saying. Send me in a classroom with those lights like that going all the way across or whatever.
Speaker 4: This back before you started change and classes. He was in one. You remember that element being one.
Speaker 9: I don't even know if they got them, wondered, do they still got the trailers in the back?
Speaker 5: No, stop trailers stop was one of those classes.
Speaker 9: It's the trail meth Field, the stand that second.
Speaker 3: He was on that show bus two for a second.
Speaker 9: I don't know if they still got the short bus. I didn't see him no more.
Speaker 26: They put them on the bus with the regular kids. And I know back then they go to lunch at nine thirty.
Speaker 9: Yeah for everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're gonna lunch at nine thirty because they get out of twelve.
Speaker 26: And uh I had history class first period, and I could hit them running down the hall at nine thirty on that little ninth It would be a short bail like dream dream or whatever, not a long bell.
Speaker 9: Hear them like bring breaking.
Speaker 4: You can hear them because of the it was like clicking.
Speaker 9: The noise of that, you know.
Speaker 4: Back then they wore the shoes with the you know, with the steel on the side or whatever.
Speaker 9: And then all of them, not all them, just some of them, and some of them were run real fast or whatever.
Speaker 4: I would sit there and just crack the hell up. Sound like lunch, lunch, lunch running down the hall, all them.
Speaker 8: You're going to hell, but we want we want to brain love that it's we're going together on the show.
Speaker 26: But yeah, we all we are all going to hell and it's time for us to brain And and Just I bought you a gift. This is something for for Just, This is for Jess, but it's also a Charlemagne is going to Hell production. Make sure you're donna watch my special? Are you ready to DJ? Here you go hit the music, music, break.
Speaker 9: Scripple this do it move by the way, you know.
Speaker 3: Just love of Chris. Now, Chris, my guy, Chris. Make sure he pay you now?
Speaker 9: Did he pay you? I hope he gave you a down payment now before you got up here. I love you.
Speaker 30: I love you so well that you so well?
Speaker 4: Yes, Charlamagne, and you know where that is?
Speaker 9: Female?
Speaker 4: That's just hilarious.
Speaker 26: I know.
Speaker 3: Do you know him?
Speaker 31: Yo?
Speaker 9: I know you know who that is.
Speaker 5: I'm a butterwork though, say that.
Speaker 4: Chris, don't get down watch he watched all every day.
Speaker 5: We appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we had to give you a look, you know, to say not so much.
Speaker 9: We appreciate you, Chris.
Speaker 3: Chris, make sure you pay you man.
Speaker 9: How quick?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I'm sad.
Speaker 30: I got his hong for my brother.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: What is it from my brother? What's this song?
Speaker 5: Our YouTube?
Speaker 9: You got you got a something?
Speaker 3: You can't do it a cappella?
Speaker 4: It's on YouTube?
Speaker 10: Paid?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ain't paying. When is on the women?
Speaker 9: This is my brother. That's the name of the song.
Speaker 4: Oh we got it.
Speaker 9: Christ coming on the radio from the game.
Speaker 3: This joke on you, Ricky.
Speaker 9: I'm about to get my throng off.
Speaker 3: Christ tell you tell you try the song? Yeah, my ugle trying to Morris.
Speaker 21: Yes, my uncle, Hey go pers white and here passed bright here he said to me though, he said for Christ.
Speaker 9: I'll be a rapper for your life. Right.
Speaker 3: He passed it to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when we're doing it a.
Speaker 21: Song yeah my brother, Yeah, from the song for my brother, and then I last, I love you.
Speaker 22: Ok you's a really rabbit. Yeah, I know about Goldie.
Speaker 4: You got a video.
Speaker 25: I'm playing christ right now.
Speaker 11: Okay, now my father doing.
Speaker 18: Now he's he the father.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the big brother man, Never go, don't know you never held up, miss you and not be hearing a hot cross, never know, no fl my.
Speaker 21: Eyes old tell you never hen know, miss you what never hear I'm hell you not a big your birth do not tell you not hear.
Speaker 22: Don't father said, never hear you.
Speaker 5: Don't love you too out about my own fellow's side.
Speaker 21: No, man, I love you, not bigging verna little you and nothing here, No love you you never you no your.
Speaker 1: Toe not mean birther sasy you had no straight crush dragon crush got see Jean Christus King crust, Jele, Chris O, damn prison setting Rist your set, your stead, a.
Speaker 25: Little time ben stand and stuff and many world.
Speaker 8: The f.
Speaker 26: Sign guy, this is.
Speaker 13: There.
Speaker 32: You have the ladies and gentlemen Chris Rickish express so foolish and streaming that the show Chris.
Speaker 9: Tell them her to follow you on social media Chris Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 21: Okay, okay, finding me its grown YouTube. Ascribe me YouTube, Chriss Big christ Baby.
Speaker 3: Chris Smith, Chris Smith.
Speaker 9: Thank y'all look at Christmas.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club and that will come back when you're here.
Speaker 9: All right, Well, let's get to the latest with Lauren. Lauren be coming straight fast, man.
Speaker 3: She gets them from somebody that knows.
Speaker 9: Somebody gets the detail.
Speaker 5: I'm an that was a little bit about everything.
Speaker 9: She'd be having the latest on you.
Speaker 4: I'm the biggest the latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 8: Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 9: It's the latest on the.
Speaker 4: Breakfast Club something.
Speaker 23: So over the weekend, it was revealed that Rihanna's dad, Ronald Finty, actually passed away at age seventy in la So I wanted to send her and her family, yeah, some love and you know, healing, and I know her and her dad because when people reported this, uh that people were confused as if they didn't know that Rihanna had a relationship with her dad. Her and her dad had had their issues, but dad recently reconciled and he was actually I just saw an interview from him a couple months ago when he was talking about being excited for her baby and all the things. Yeah, yeah, but I think with celebrities, if you don't see the the parent next to the celebrity, every single time you see the celebrity, people like to make it seem like it I don't know, like it's not a thing like it is still her dad regardless, But for some reason people look at celebrities and their relationships a bit differentlyless yeah, yeah or not, but that's good cause yes and and uh so her There was a photo of her brother arriving to the hospital in La and TMZ actually broke the photo of that story following the passing of Rihanna's dad and said that Rihanna was in the car arriving with her brother to the hospital, but she's not visible the photo. But yeah, he was suffering a battling some sort of illness. So Jeah just sending himself some love. Who is during the time her and her family.
Speaker 5: Yes, now, Trey Cheney from the wire, you know they were all for sure.
Speaker 23: Yes, so he actually over the He revealed something over the weekend that he lost everything in a tornado that hit his home in Atlanta, which also sent his son to the ICU.
Speaker 5: Let's take a listen to Trey Cheney.
Speaker 33: I just got out the hospital. I'm getting ready to go see my son at I see you three pm today. Until NATO came through Henry County, Locust Grove, Atlanta. I lost my house. I lost everything in it. Thank God, I'm still living. I survived the tornado my son. I'm doing the video to let y'all know right now. Man life cheer's life as much as you can. Me and my son had a beautiful day today. They take a show with Snoop from the wire. We was chilling at three o'clock to day. It's this second. My house is gone. I just got out the hospital. Thank you Jehoe for God Man to spend my life today that I survived its tornato. Shout out to all my neighbors in my neighborhood who ran to my rescue. My son was throwing three hundred feet out of his room. I was sitting on my bed and I felt I heard the wind and I felt everything and everything gone.
Speaker 8: Man, when I tell you, I prayed for Trey Cheney and his family this weekend after I saw that story. Because literally, just like that, no tornado wanting, no nothing. You just sitting in your house, your son's playing video games. Tornado comes to next thing you know, you're watching your whole house collapse on top of you. Yes, and then you look around and you're trying to find your son's three hundred feet away in the woods. Now his son in the i CU and his son that the son's born day was yesterday, nineteen years.
Speaker 5: Old, celebrated his nineteenth birthday in the ICU.
Speaker 23: Now his son I have a photo of This is from the video that Trey poster where you can see there's literally nothing left of his home. Now Trey Trey's son, Malachi, did celebrate his nineteenth birthday in the ICU. That was actually his fourth day the ICU. In Trey Trey mentioned that Malachai has several broken ribs, broken bones in his face, and that Trey and his wife are currently staying with friends and family in between shelters and hotels. Now let's take a listen, because he did give an update on his son Malachai's health.
Speaker 34: Just wanted to update the world on a few things. Me and my wife Aiha Cheney, our son Mala Kay Cheney.
Speaker 3: He is stable.
Speaker 34: It's definitely very slow progress, but he's living and he's breathing. It's going to be a long journey, a long road to recovery for Mala kay Cheney, me and his mother. I sure we have him covered. The whole world has him covered. Thank y'all for y'all prayers, Thank y'all for y'all donations. Let me be clear, it's only one go fund me account as well, and it's under Maria not so it's only one gofund me account.
Speaker 4: Mentally, I'll be messed up forever.
Speaker 34: Well, my wife drove up and I was on the ground and my son was three hundred feet got thrown three hundred feet in the back of the house, watching my wife collapse on the ground. From seeing that picture that's going around, this loan could stay forever.
Speaker 9: Let me tell you something else.
Speaker 8: To him, man, the way that he has shown unwavering faith in God through all of this is so impressive because a lot of times we love to praise God when things are going good, but you know, you should be giving God the glory all the time, even when things are so called bad. And he is absolutely positively doing that, absolutely so if you're looking for his goal fund me is go to his instagram trade Cheney Vision t r A y C h A n E Y Vision v I s IO and uh and yeah, man, if you feel it in your heart, you know, to donate a little something to him, do it. If not, prayers free, yes, yeap.
Speaker 23: And they're currently they're trying to hit one hundred k goal. They're at a little bit over eighty nine thousand dollars. And make sure it is the one by Maria. Not that he mentioned that happened Friday, right, that was Thursday? When's there Thursday? Actually because Friday was a thirty first yep, last week. Yeah, that happened Thursday, May twenty nights. Yeah, and he's been documenting also, so if you go to this Instagram, he's been keeping you updated daily on his son and how his son is doing and how they're doing as well.
Speaker 8: So what things can change just like that, like literally, because you know I follow him on Instagram, so literally that morning he was at the Big Ticket show. Yeah, then you go home and you just kicking it with your son, your sons upstairs, and all of a sudden boom, just like that, just like that.
Speaker 23: You know it's crazy when when because I didn't see it until you you sent it to me. After you sent it to me, I saw the CNN also picked it up. I saw people like people begin to Yeah, they hate awareness and they need to help. They're just this literally the money that the reason's going to help them rebuild their lives. But also to like they need to say somewhere right now, they need they have.
Speaker 9: Nothing said amplified.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I thought it was Yeah, I thought it was crazy that it took people so long to kind of catch it and see it. But I'm happy that people are seeing it now either way, and I'm happy that they're here absolutely. In other news, Envy, you asked me about court today. Who's going to be in court with city so they're actually going to be finishing up the cross examination with me? And who's a former personal assistant Brian still has been on cross that's Young Thugs attorney, and he has been doing you know, he's been trying to do everything he can to make me a testimony not be credible by bringing up things like Instagram posts of her like enjoying her life while working, you know, formerly with Diddy, and birthday posts and things of that nature. So they're going to finish that today and then there will be a media personality, radio person and podcast personality in Rique Santos, who I'm a little bit confused about why he's taking a stand?
Speaker 9: You know him?
Speaker 5: I didn't know that. Can you call.
Speaker 8: I didn't know him.
Speaker 5: I've literally been googling, why is he taking the stand?
Speaker 3: Stop playing with a huge jock? He does Latin Latin music, He's on the Latin all of that bunch of them.
Speaker 9: He is taking a stand, so to show me that might not be the right one.
Speaker 23: Maybe, Okay, So next withness is in Rique Santos, and then Eddie Garcia.
Speaker 9: In my dream.
Speaker 23: Wow, I googled, why is' Rique santos fine in the case and radio open? Pocket here take?
Speaker 4: It oh, yeah he's.
Speaker 9: Yeah i'm gonna say they got a?
Speaker 4: Picture no, no, no no no.
Speaker 5: Picture say he's an.
Speaker 9: Artist, no he's a radio morning.
Speaker 8: Personality and why the biggest comes to the biggest when it comes To, LATIN i don't.
Speaker 5: Know but, anyway so that.
Speaker 19: Give your live.
Speaker 9: Stream you see WHAT i? See?
Speaker 15: Right you know?
Speaker 5: What according To Inner.
Speaker 7: City processing, Anything i'm, googling what is going?
Speaker 11: On?
Speaker 31: What?
Speaker 9: Okay what did you see at what is going?
Speaker 4: On, yes jess.
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 5: Well there's also.
Speaker 9: UH i don't even like to be, nosy BUT i got the.
Speaker 4: Going is he?
Speaker 15: Gay?
Speaker 26: Gay?
Speaker 9: YEAH i mean, yeah my, BUSINESS i don't mind my.
Speaker 3: Business this is when we get, back, like come, on what's?
Speaker 4: UP i looked at this one?
Speaker 9: Nose he?
Speaker 4: Gay?
Speaker 5: Yeah in the, case what does that have to do with he plays a big part in the.
Speaker 3: Case why they didn't say he was at A diddy? Party did?
Speaker 23: HE i HAVE i just, Said i'm not clear why he why he's. Testifying i've, Asked i've asked people close to The google says that it is inner city, pressure says y Que santo's, LIKE i am very confused. Here so and then after him would be a man Named Eddie, garcia who, uh who Isn't Eddie garcia From Philly.
Speaker 9: Getting it's only a man of, time they Calling. ENRIQUE i had no invY.
Speaker 3: GETTING i was never, there, sir, participated, BOY i. Wasn't for a short period of.
Speaker 5: TIME i had the audio Of trump talking about Pardoning.
Speaker 4: Diddy but.
Speaker 23: Because somebody Asked trump if he was going to parton did he recently over the?
Speaker 5: Weekend that's a look back and most of the.
Speaker 16: Apprentice you mentioned once in twenty twelve.
Speaker 4: That did he was a good friend of yours back. Then he has since found himself in some very serious legal. Trouble that's.
Speaker 9: True would you ever consider pardoning?
Speaker 31: Him, well nobody's. Asked you had to be the one to ask creat, it but nobody's. Asked but first of, all i'd look at what's. Happening AND i haven't been watching it too, closely although it's certainly getting a lot of. COVERAGE i haven't seen. HIM i haven't spoken to him in. Years he used to really like me a, lot BUT i think WHEN i ran for, politics he sort of that relationship busted up from WHAT i. READ i don't. Know he didn't tell me, that But i'd read some little bit nasty statements in the paper all of a, sudden you, Know, SO i don't.
Speaker 4: KNOW i would certainly look at the.
Speaker 31: Facts IF i think somebody was, mistreated whether they like me or don't like, me it wouldn't have any.
Speaker 9: Impact.
Speaker 5: Film, yeah SO i.
Speaker 23: Mean AND i also asked was there going to be any response from Did he's attorneys or anybody just in response To trump saying he would even take a look.
Speaker 8: In fifty cent ye to get, responded he, said said he's Calling trump and he's not having. It didi hat said a lot of dispersion things About Donald, trump and fifty said he's not having.
Speaker 4: It that fifty do.
Speaker 23: Writing, yeah he also, said he, SAID i didn't SAY i was gonna nuke anything this with fifty.
Speaker 5: CENTS i simply SAID i will make Sure trump is aware of the things that.
Speaker 3: Did he, said so fifty, Crazy, YEAH.
Speaker 23: I want to, NOW i want to know more about the rinkyguae. SINTOS i can't.
Speaker 9: Think of nothing.
Speaker 7: Else this nigga told me about my business like he's not, out like he's not out yours openly gay broadcaster In spanish.
Speaker 3: Radio, yes it's going to be.
Speaker 9: Interested, NO i didn't say that because of. THAT i said that because what they got to do with Him. Teptifi, no it don't.
Speaker 4: MATTER i asked, him.
Speaker 9: That's why you need to crazy.
Speaker 4: Like my business that?
Speaker 22: Was that was?
Speaker 9: Not that information was Not.
Speaker 4: Did you told her?
Speaker 9: That, yes you did.
Speaker 5: Nothing well, listen we'll talk After, okay that's all.
Speaker 4: Right well that was the latest With lauren y'all here.
Speaker 8: Today who are you giving Your donkeys man for after the. Hour we need a man Named christian And guiano to come to the front of the. Congregation we'd like to have a world with. Him, police all, right we'll get to that. Next it's The Breakfast.
Speaker 4: Club good, morning you're checking out The Breakfast. CLUB i was born to. Donkey it's The donkey of The, donkey.
Speaker 3: The Donkey.
Speaker 4: Devil Breakfast.
Speaker 8: Club, yes donkey today For, Monday june, second goes to A, Modesto california man Named Christian Alandro solario And.
Speaker 9: GUIANO i don't THINK i pronounced any of that.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 8: Okay that is a name THAT ice agents would have at the top of their, list just in case they would.
Speaker 9: Monitor a name like, that, uh you. Know and, honestly with a name like, that he might get sent To.
Speaker 8: El salbador because he was arrested for sexual, battery, burglary, stalking and assault with the intent to commit a. Felony all those charges will get you deported In Trump's, america especially with a name like. That and it don't even matter if you are An american. Citizen, okay they're gonna put you on that deportation flight To El. Salvador, well what exactly Did Christian Alandro SALARIO A guiano.
Speaker 9: Do let's go TO Cbs news for you. Forort please got a strange one for you, Tonight Adam.
Speaker 10: Modesto The Stanslaw Keddy sheriff says they've arrested a man last week after he allegedly broke into a woman's home at, night then bit and licked her toes while she.
Speaker 5: Slept let's give you some.
Speaker 10: Context the sheriff's office says the man arrested seening, here twenty seven year Old Christian, aguiano have been stalking the woman for, months following her home from work several, times despite a number of people confronting.
Speaker 3: Him deputy saying just wouldn't.
Speaker 10: Stop would even sleep in the car outside her.
Speaker 3: Home woman is okay On, Guiano those.
Speaker 10: Suspects being held on a three hundred and twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: Bail he broke into our house just so he could treat our feet like a chero cinnamon, swirl full tongue, action sweet, sticky slightly, confusing, okay.
Speaker 9: El toe lick of, supremo toe, sucking king of the dance.
Speaker 8: Floor how you bring into someone's, house which Says on for their, feet this man is a Telling abela. Villain, okay first of, all what's the point of? Stalking at what point does a man understand this woman don't want? You and what part of your brain makes you believe that breaking into this woman's house and sexually assaulting her toes was gonna make her like?
Speaker 15: You?
Speaker 9: OKAY i don't know WHY i got this.
Speaker 8: Far if this man was following this woman home after her, shifts sleeping in his car outside her, residents checking her doors to see if they are unlocked to gain, entry if he was doing all of, that he should have been On ICE's radar a long time. Ago, okay somebody should have been put him in. Handcuffs this man was confronted by her coworkers to leave her, alone but none of that stopped.
Speaker 4: Him.
Speaker 8: Okay the lesson to be learned here is that this incident underscores the importance of taking stalking behaviors, seriously and we got to implement stronger protective measures for. Victims and by stronger, measures we got to let people get they ass.
Speaker 9: Kicked, okay that's WHAT i mean by stronger. Measures there have.
Speaker 8: To be some sort of community policing that can happen the same way it's citizens. Arrest we have to make it okay in certain situations for citizens to put their foot up other citizens'.
Speaker 9: Asses.
Speaker 8: Okay co workers went to him and told him to cut it. Out he was sleeping outside that woman's. Home he was checking for unlocked doors at her. Residence all of that should equate to a community.
Speaker 4: Jumping.
Speaker 8: Okay, now if that's too extreme for, folks then we got to enhance legal, protections all. Right you gotta have strong laws against stalking and ensure swift actions when victims report their being. Stopped you gotta use stories like this to increase public. Awareness we have to educate the public about the signs of stalking and the importance of reporting suspicious. Activities and most, importantly we got to support the, Victims, okay provide resources and support systems for people who feel. Threatened you can't wait until somebody breaks into somebody's house and turns their toes into.
Speaker 9: To molly's the.
Speaker 8: Care, Okay so please Give Christian anguiano the sweet sounds of The.
Speaker 9: Hamiltons oh, no.
Speaker 22: You are the of the, day.
Speaker 3: The doggie.
Speaker 9: All the.
Speaker 4: Day ye all, right.
Speaker 2: Well thank you for that donkey of the. Day, yes, Indeed now when we come, back Doctor Rita walker will be joining. Us it's the fifty anniversary of her, Book The Unapologetic guide To Black Mental.
Speaker 9: Health you, KNOW i give that book to.
Speaker 8: EVERYBODY i tell everyone that is one of the most Culturally she's one of the most culturally competent mental health professionals out here, today and that book is one of the most culturally competent mental health books on the.
Speaker 9: Market SO i can't wait to talk to Doctor Rida.
Speaker 2: Walker, yep we're gonna talk to a, nexus The Breakfast cloak Of, morning The Breakfast Club. Morning everybody IS Dj, Envy Jess, Hilary charlamagne The. Guy we are The Breakfast. Club we got a special guest in the. Building, yes indeed we have Doctor Rita.
Speaker 4: Walker welcome.
Speaker 5: Back great to be here with you.
Speaker 9: All great to have.
Speaker 8: You Doctor Rida walker is the author of one of my favorite books, Ever The Unapologetic god The Black Mental. HEALTH i recommend it that everybody and you are celebrating the fifth anniversary of the release Of The Unapologetic god The Black Mental.
Speaker 9: Health Jesus, christ, time don't be playing, Boy, YEAH i mean five.
Speaker 35: Years god is good AND i never would have expected that the book would have had the impact that has, had you, know meeting, you you, know being able to talk to. You all the folks who have you, know come to me and said the book has changed their.
Speaker 30: Life you.
Speaker 35: Know did they buy the book for their family members and for, friends they have book club. Meetings it's, just you, know it's been a.
Speaker 5: BLESSING i remember WHEN i read.
Speaker 8: It Debbie, brown our good, Sister Debbie, brown she gave me the manuscript AND i read it on vacation AND i remember reading it and saying to, myself where has this book been all of our?
Speaker 30: Lives, well it's, been you, know it's been a.
Speaker 35: Process SO i earned my PhD more than twenty years, ago and you, know working on trying to understand specifically for black, people you, know our, experiences and trying to integrate that into the larger landscape of mental health that you all know has, exploded you, know trying to merge WHAT i know as a black woman And i'm a first generation college. Student my parents didn't go to, college and merging my reality with WHAT i was learning and the research THAT i was engaged, in and trying to train PhD clinical psychology.
Speaker 30: Students you, know that's it took. Time so it took a little time for me to get, here But i'm.
Speaker 7: Here, YEAH i noticed that it's not just about mental, health it's specifically for black mental. Health why is it important to be unapologetic about who this book is.
Speaker 35: For i'm so glad that you asked, that, because as you all, know, oftentimes you, know black people get lumped in with. Minorities one of the labels that we use in academia is is bipoc so, black and we include folks with indigenous people of. Color but we know that black people have a very specific and unique way of just living, life of doing. Things we've learned mental health from the generations before, us and in ways that weren't always. Helpful you, know we learn not to talk about our feelings and emotions like we learned, that like what we learned impacted who we are while at the same time dealing with, racism dealing with. Microaggressions you, know folks, saying you, know pull yourself up by the, bootstraps and we don't even have. Boots you, know that is a reality for, us and we need to be able to talk about that And that's part of what makes the book unapologetic is THAT i, said, yeah we're not talking about, Everybody we're just talking about black.
Speaker 4: People.
Speaker 30: Yeah now that's not that it hasn't helped other.
Speaker 35: Folks And i've had people from many, communities you, know, gay, straight, black as, all people from many different communities have said that the book has helped, them which is, fine you, know, great get what you need from the.
Speaker 30: Book BUT i wrote it for.
Speaker 8: Us, now how do you handle black people who still think therapy is just white?
Speaker 30: People, WELL i, say you, Know god bless.
Speaker 35: You and THEN i talked to them about things that in their. Language AND i think that's part of what made the book, resonate is talking to folks in ways that makes sense to. Us and that's one of the reasons it had to be for, us because we talk a certain, way AND i use that in the. Book and, so you, KNOW i asked folks about their, worry ask folks about problem, Sleeping like in the black, community we have a lot of problems with, sleep and we don't even we normalize. It and SO i talk about the day to day kinds of things that people experience but of. Normalize and then they say, hmmm and then we can start to have a conversation from. THERE i gotta you gotta meet folks where they are. Like and that's that's one THAT i introduced the idea of psychological fortitude in the, book because we say mental. Health as you all, know folks start, thinking, oh someone's. Crazy they hearing and seeing things that aren't. There, okay let's just move by. That let's let's let's keep it. Moving let's figure out HOW i can help people with a different kind of.
Speaker 3: LANGUAGE i wanted to ask to what are some of the myths that our community still have with?
Speaker 4: Therapy?
Speaker 3: Right we had an artist's name Is rob four.
Speaker 4: Nine you heard of? Him what the? Helly, okay don't worry about.
Speaker 2: It but he was saying basically that he feels like he needs, therapy but he doesn't necessarily want to go because he. Can't he doesn't see himself talking to them. People you don't trust, him you, know he doesn't trust. Them so what are some of the myths that you still?
Speaker 30: See, well that's certainly one of. Them they gonna tell all my business and that's.
Speaker 35: Important we you, know you can't have, folks you can't have your business in the, street like that's something that is unacceptable in our. Community and so for that. Person AND i encounter a lot of those folks who are. Struggling you see, it you, know we see. It but if they're not, ready then you can't force them to go and talk to. Someone that's that's one. Part AND i there's so many, folks you, know and that's why we have to be non, judgmental because if we, say like this is WHAT i, see just want you to Know i'm, concerned and then back, off then they know who they can go and talk, to like this person express, concern they seem concerned about, ME i will go to. Them but, yes those big myths that are those people are going to tell all my. Business that's one. Part the other part is what can they tell. Me they're not gonna be able to tell. Me they don't they don't even know. Me but that's part of the process is getting to know the. Client there isn't a single person who is sit in front of me THAT i would SAY i know their life, STORY i know how to help.
Speaker 30: Them i'm gonna start with.
Speaker 35: QUESTIONS i got questions, first and then the other part is you know SOMETHING i think that is they're gonna make me someone That i'm not AND i need to maintain. Myself, LIKE i don't know a professional who has the power to be able to magically make someone. Different the goal would be to make them a better functioning, person you, know to take on their responsibilities and do the best that they, can but not to make them a different.
Speaker 3: PERSON i do have a question what is a therapist allowed to talk?
Speaker 4: About?
Speaker 2: Right so IF i see a, murder IF i murder, somebody IF i see domestic, violence IF i see somebody getting, hurt it always brings me back to The mendez brothers right where they were talking to the, therapists and the therapists use some of their stuff on the court. Case so when you see stuff like that and something is going through my, Mind i'm, LIKE i ain't gonna tell nobody because what if they use it?
Speaker 3: Later but THEN i might have to tell somebody to. Heal so what can you guys? Tell and what you?
Speaker 4: Know what is just you, know patient crime.
Speaker 9: Privilege yes you got to go to prison for.
Speaker 15: Us.
Speaker 4: You can heal the.
Speaker 2: Person i'm sure there's people that have seen, crimes have young, crimes and they're going through things LIKE i just Use rode full nine. Again he said that he seen so many things in this, past he seemed death so much of his, past but he might not want to tell because he might not want to get some money in.
Speaker 30: Trouble, well in that, example he can Say i've seen to get.
Speaker 35: Okay so anyone can say they've seen something without giving you, know facts or specifics and not expect for the police to come in and haul them. Off but WHAT i will say, is so we talk in the first session about, Confidentiality, like confidentiality is part of the bedrock of what we do as licensed, Professionals like you can't just go out and yap about what people have been sharing or what they've disclosed in. Therapy, now the other thing that we emphasize is if someone says that they could be a harm to themselves or danger to themselves or to someone, else then that information might have to be disclosed in order to be able to protect that person's life or to protect the life of someone else if they are if there's a danger or abuse of, children, elderly or people who have disabilities or different, abilities then that would have to be, disclosed and to be, honest it varies by. State but that's kind of a minimum threshold to be aware of because at the end of the, day the client has to be able to talk to their therapists because they aren't going to be able to get the healing and the help that they need if they can't get some stuff off of their. Chest but then once they do, that then there has to be some understanding about what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Next but still kick it with Doctor Rita.
Speaker 2: Walker it's the five year anniversary Of The Unapologetic guide To Black Mental Health.
Speaker 4: Charlamagne we got a good, friend.
Speaker 9: A good friend of, mine them Is humble the.
Speaker 8: Poet he put out a book Called, unanxious of fifty simple truths to help overthinkers feel less stress and more. Calm AND i want to read just a quick little line from it BECAUSE i want to know what you think about. It he, says life doesn't begin after the. Obstacles life is the, obstacles and we have to unlearn the idea that we. NEED i would even want a life free of, chaos stress and. Anxiety we grow from facing challenges and exploring our, limits and the book encourages people to face their stressors and triggers head on with research backed techniques and journal. Prompts and we had a discussion here On Breakfast club Because i'm, like IF i know something triggers, ME i reserve to write to disconnect from it and set my boundary and not deal with that. Thing he feels, like you should sit with the thing so the thing doesn't trigger you.
Speaker 35: Anymore, WELL i think you know HOW i feel about the word, Should SO i avoid it at all. Costs and so if there is something in you that, says in this, MOMENT i need to avoid this, Thing i'm going to honor. That But i'm also going to ask you questions about what is happening for?
Speaker 30: You what are you telling?
Speaker 35: Yourself So i'm a cognitive behavioral, therapist and so for, me you, know thoughts connect with, behaviors connect with. Feelings so it all starts, with, yes something, Happened but what is your thought in response to the? Thing so is your thought in that? MOMENT i can't deal with. This this is gonna hurt, Me this is gonna harm. ME i can't survive. This because it, happens it plays out automatically before folks, recognize and so we have to slow down the Process, okay tell me the, facts tell me what. HAPPENED i want to know what's going on for, you BECAUSE i don't assume anything about.
Speaker 3: Anybody, SEE i was like when he was, THERE i was, like f that adapt?
Speaker 4: Right And i'll explain to you IF i don't.
Speaker 2: Like you because you're a negative. Person you're always putting me, down AND i just don't feel good energy around. You you don't affect me in any which. Way SO i can cut you off and, say you know, What i'm not answering your phone. ANYMORE i don't work with. YOU i don't have to see, you and that should be my right to do that because my energy is more important than this. FRIENDSHIP i don't have to sit in.
Speaker 4: IT i don't have to.
Speaker 3: ADAPT i don't care if you like me or. Not but that's how we should.
Speaker 2: BE i think a lot of times we try to adapt in, things and we try to make things, right AND i think a lot of times it hurts more than.
Speaker 35: Help, yeah you, know AND i respect that one hundred. Percent AND i can say that there have been maybe the middle ground because you never. Know you never know if someone says something to you or they bring you a certain kind of, energy and maybe you do have some relationship with the person that you're willing to consider and. Preserve why not say to, them you, know when you DO, X y AND, z when you do that thing right, there when you do, this this is HOW i feel when that. Happens maybe they didn't, know you, know maybe they thought they were doing a good. Thing AND i think that's that allows us to be more in, community because y'all we need more and more.
Speaker 5: Community hear what you're.
Speaker 2: SAYING i used to try To thinkham's over, there show me something, different, Right. SHORT i used to do that, Too like you try to adapt to. People you do things that sometimes you don't want to do because you feel like it's the right thing to, do, right And Short thinkham's over. There would be, like, No i'm not gonna do it because that doesn't make me. Happy it might make you happy for what you. DO i work, hard BUT i want to protect my. Piece AND i didn't understand it for a, while right Because Short thinkmas just wouldn't Go he was, Like i'm not doing, It you're not catch, me AND i wouldn't get. It but then after a WHILE i, understood And i'm, like, yeah if this is gonna f up my. Piece if this is not gonna make me, Happy i'm Gonna i'm gonna stage in my life.
Speaker 4: Where you know what.
Speaker 3: Effort AND i agree With Shaw.
Speaker 8: Thickhams it's a little pet nickname for. Me, see some men can't even just say my. Name he can't even say my. Name he gotta give me a little cute. Nickname is to be, vulnerable just to express. Himself you know WHAT i? Mean that make if You, yes, okay thank you mental, Health thank you for color me, bro thank.
Speaker 30: You that's such a beautiful.
Speaker 4: Moment.
Speaker 5: Yes look so just last, night RIGHT i could not go to.
Speaker 7: SLEEP i have problems, sleeping like AND i noticed you said at the beginning of the interview right. Where but my thing, IS i can't turn my mind. Off that's the that's the main. THING i don't know how to turn my brain. Off i'm thinking about THINGS i could be doing rather than getting. Sleep i'm thinking about, DAMN i forgot to do this. Today it's not enough hours in a.
Speaker 4: Day you.
Speaker 7: Know THEN i got a nine month, old Then i'm a, wife and THEN i got it's so much so When i'm laying, DOWN i cannot silence my, mind my thoughts to go to.
Speaker 30: Sleep, ever you can't ever silence most of the.
Speaker 7: Time not not, ever because weed will help me do, that just being honest with, you LIKE i will hit a blunt AND i will and Then i'll be out for a. Minute but that's really the only thing that helps me get good.
Speaker 35: Rest we, so you, know And i've heard you talk about your, schedule you, know and you know getting up AND i think you said like four in the, morning but then you go to bed late at, night and so you, Know so there's so many different layers to, this because, yes you are doing a. Lot but one of the things THAT i heard you say just now was even when you're kind of, sitting you feel like you're supposed to be doing, something and so you're also telling, Yourself i'm supposed to be doing something other than. Resting so that's that's one thing for you to be mindful. Of but, then you, KNOW i think it's especially in this day and, age it's easy to wake up or not to fall asleep because your mind is.
Speaker 30: RACING i was telling my husband this. MORNING i woke up at three.
Speaker 35: O'clock AND i started to think about this conversation and THEN i was, thinking, OKAY i can say. This i'll say that ooh and, ooh AND i was, like, okay stop AND i know, better, RIGHT i have the tools and the, resources AND i was like quit. It and then that didn't, work AND i, Said, okay we're gonna do ten more. Minutes and then that didn't, work AND i was, Like, okay we have to start doing our progressive muscle relaxation in order to be able to calm. Down so there are strategies progressive muscle. Relaxation so for, me it's WHEN i close my eyes And i'm breathing, deeply AND i tell myself that with each exhalation to release the, tension AND i start with my forehead and eyebrows Because i'm literally sometimes like this in bed in pens like, yeah and SO i have to tell myself to release AND i go every body, part, ears, nose and THEN i allow my body to be able to relax into the moment Because i'm literally not just, thinking But i'm feeling it in.
Speaker 30: My body AND i have to be able to.
Speaker 35: Relax that the other thing THAT i, recommend AND i put this in the, workbook SO i did the unapologetic guy AND i have The Unapologetic workbook is giving folks permission to before you go to, bed like some people need to keep a notepad in a, pen not the, phone but a notepad and a pin by the bed so that when all of these thoughts come to, mind you write them. Down you write them down before you get into, bed like everything that comes, about, okay write it down and then okay try that if that you know you wake, Up, okay write somewhere. DOWN i didn't have a no path last. NIGHT i was, okay we just gonna dunk this, out but be able to write down all the things that come to your mind to release, it because otherwise you're going to ruminate about, it and that rumination will absolutely keep you up for.
Speaker 3: Hours yeah all, right.
Speaker 4: Absolutely but Doctor reid And, walker we appreciate.
Speaker 3: Joining if you haven't got the, book pick up the book.
Speaker 2: Now is to fit the anniversary of the release Of The Unapologetic goide To Black Mental health and.
Speaker 8: The work, book the Work book that goes with The Unapologetic god To Black Mental. HEALTH i tell everybody it is a muster. Read it's one of them books that you have to have in your. Household this is the book that we all, needed you, know growing, up like you, know when our parents didn't know how to talk to us about, it or adults around us didn't know how to talk to us about mental.
Speaker 9: Health this book right here laid it down quite. Flat, yeah CAN i?
Speaker 30: CAN i just add just two brief.
Speaker 35: Things, one thank you so much to, you because you, know there have been a lot of people who said they got the book because of you didn't know anything about. It SO i am beyond grateful to, You, leonardo forgetting the word out about the. Book and, also folks can follow. Me i'm most active On instagram Doctor rita walker dot. Com MAYBE i can get five hundred more followers to get me to twenty thousand for my. Birthday my, birthdayday It's, saturday On, saturday go follow Doctor Rita.
Speaker 4: Walkers, right do you see your, birthday Doctor?
Speaker 9: Walker you turning up?
Speaker 3: Birthday it's doctor Da. Walker it's The Breakfast.
Speaker 4: Club good, Morning, yes The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody's DJ nv just.
Speaker 3: Hilarious charlamagne the. Guy we are The Breakfast. Club let's get to the latest With Lauren long becoming a straight Fast she gets them somebody that, knows somebody.
Speaker 5: Detail i'm a long girl that knows a little bit about.
Speaker 9: Everything she'd be having the latest on the.
Speaker 4: Lawn With lauren La.
Speaker 8: Rosa sometimes you have sometimes you have, details sometimes you have a little bit of every time on the breakfast.
Speaker 5: Club talk to, Me, lord can we clarify?
Speaker 23: Now Enrique santos is not the Same Marique santos that it's going to be on the stands today and The diddy. Trial SO cnn had put it in an. Article they then have come back and retracted and they say. Correction an earlier version of this post gave the wrong affiliation for one of the witnesses the prosecution expects to take the stand next, week which is WHERE i Believe GOOGLE ai grabbed the description Of Enrique santos and the reasoning of why he would be on the. Stand so WHEN i Asked, google why that is what? Happened In, lord have, Mercy i'm so sorry In, Rique that's.
Speaker 8: Exactly What rique just told, me he, SAID cnn assumed it was him and reported that it Was iheartradios And Rique. Santos how does the organization as big AS cnn make that? Mistake NOW i can to understand how you can make that mistake because you're getting it FROM. Cnann but how does the organization as big AS cnn make that a.
Speaker 23: Mistake that's a really big mistake to, make because even, ME i kept, Saying i'm, like this doesn't make any.
Speaker 4: Sense what's his?
Speaker 23: CONNECTION i still don't know the Ruin Rique, SANTOS i still don't know the. Connection and the court reporters THAT i, followed they just said the. NAME i reached out to a source close to the case trying to clarify who was In Rigae santos and, why and they were confused as well because they were seeing the conflicting reports as. Well and then the person told me when they asked for more, information they wouldn't give them more, information but that that person knew of it was what was out here On google, already.
Speaker 9: That actually he could be a lawful From.
Speaker 5: Rica oh, yeah one hundred percent, easily because you put.
Speaker 9: That out there ON.
Speaker 8: Cnn NOW i got people threatening me, saying what you're going to top five Against DIDDY forod that could be emotional?
Speaker 5: Discress just like, that that is definitely. Lost who does so we have to clear this.
Speaker 23: Up i'm so, sorry And, RIQUE i did not mean it Deserved, Rique but NOW i know who In Rique santos is And i'm going to tune.
Speaker 5: In you gotta say that means sorry In spanish. Lociento.
Speaker 3: Yah he broadcast out Of.
Speaker 4: Miami so, yeah so En.
Speaker 5: Rique CentOS not the.
Speaker 23: Podcaster iHeart Guy Eddie, garcia who worked at security at The End Continental. Hotel it's expected to, testify but it's going to be under, immunity so he's going to be doing a lot of like not speaking to certain.
Speaker 5: Things So i'm WHAT i.
Speaker 3: Keep hearing this immunity.
Speaker 2: Thing does that work for the, defense because if you speak for, immunity you, know it's kind of, like, OKAY i can tell what If i'm part of, it it doesn't really, matter right the.
Speaker 23: Defense the defense has tried to bring up the whole immunity conversation to show reason why people are here and potentially could be saying whatever because basically they're being. PROTECTED i don't know if that answers your. Question it, does but they have tried to bring that up a couple of. TIMES a hotel custodian will also be, testifying and a forensic video expert will also be testifying as well, today But that's exactly WHY i like to go to as strenuous as it. IS i like to go there myself and figure these things out, myself Because lord have. Mercy but, anyway and other, News Dione williamson is being accused of sexual.
Speaker 5: Assault he is the basketball. Player he plays for The. Pelicans he's being.
Speaker 23: Accused of sexual assault rate by a woman who is fin out Under jane Del she says that she's a former ex girlfriend of, his and she alleges that he raped her, twice once in a home In Beverly hills that he owned DURING, covid and she alleges that this happened after she denied engaging in sex with. Him she also says that alleges that he held her hands behind her back and then the sexual shot, happened and then, afterwards she alleges That zion took her phone and choked her and told her allegedly that she was talking too, much and then a second claim. Happened after the second claim happened after he allegedly picked her up from a friend's, house threw her down to the ground and pinned her shoulders down so that she could not, move and then she alleges that he violently raped her in multiple. Ways this accuser is seeking anywhere from eighteen million to fifty million, dollars according TO, espn and in a statement provided To The New York, Post williamson has denied the allegations through his. Attorneys so, yeah getting out of court real. Quick just some happier. News beyonce just broke a new. Record The MetLife stadium tweeted out over the, weekend congratulations To beyonce on becoming the number one selling artists in the history Of MetLife. Stadium five amazing sold out shows on The Cowboy Carter tour seement to her place in our History Met Life history books with twelve all time appearances and over six hundred thousand fans. Entertained so you, know following the reports that there were issues with ticket sales.
Speaker 5: And all those, Things beyonce is still out here making.
Speaker 4: HISTORY i was.
Speaker 9: Watching their show And i'm, like, damn how she ain't falling the?
Speaker 4: Rain oh.
Speaker 9: Death in the?
Speaker 2: Asshole did you see the video Of Blue ivy she wipes down the, stairs y'all said.
Speaker 5: Such, MEN i mean say suchial, manager like she just be in control of so much.
Speaker 23: THINGS i don't know to be honest with, Y'ALL i would assume that they like redo their, marketing their, footing knowing that the rain is.
Speaker 5: Coming but that's hard to. Do sometimes people cancel.
Speaker 7: Shows and WHAT i want to point out Is monique is reunited with her. Son, yes everything seems to be okay and great over. There SO i wanted to point that out BECAUSE i bought that up when they were beefing and all that jasp the mess up. Here so, yeah she is reacquainted with. Him everything looks. Good he apologized to her on social, media you, know because they had that verbal spat back and forth on line a couple months.
Speaker 23: Ago so posted a picture to a picture. TOO i believe you say his Name, Shaloon SO i think, that, Yeah Shaloon. Jackson, yeah and the picture they look really.
Speaker 5: Happy so so that's what's up. Much, yeah her news and her sweet baby is.
Speaker 9: Back that's.
Speaker 5: It, yeah that's. It that's ALL i.
Speaker 4: Got all, right that is the latest With.
Speaker 2: Lauren now when we come, back we got The People's choice mixed get your, Request and it's A.
Speaker 3: Monday it's The Breakfast.
Speaker 4: Club good, morning you're checking out The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning EVERYBODY'S dj en V jess, Hilarious charlamagne the guy we are The Breakfast. Club BUT i just want to salute to the brother out In, Georgia Regal. DOBERMAN'S i bought two, dogs Two doberman pinches from him a couple of months, ago and they just delivered it this. Weekend and let me just tell, YOU i had to get it at four o'clock in the morning to feed. Them and one it was a, rockstar hooped outside p the other one not so. Much and it was either be late for work or my wife had to get up and and and. Everything my wife is so pissed off right.
Speaker 3: Now she has between. Them she had to bathe. Them there was pooped, everywhere.
Speaker 8: Exactly when my wife won't let me get a dog because she feels like the responsibility is gonna end up on.
Speaker 4: Her and that's what my.
Speaker 3: Wife said this.
Speaker 4: Morning that's a. Lot it is a.
Speaker 3: Lot but the, dogs that.
Speaker 4: Puppy so what did you name?
Speaker 8: Them, Uh luna And. NOVA i don't believe that you named them dogs Puffing, Daddy tell the, truth the, Truth luna And.
Speaker 7: Nova speaking of puff And, daddy it Is pride, month damn, yes what is pride, month And i'm gonna do the same THING i did last. Year i'm gonna honor a gay. Day but we have an intro this, year y'all hitting that, red.
Speaker 9: Got pictures to take this, right got Rain bows's gay.
Speaker 5: Out yeah. Yeah and the first Gay i'm gonna honor is my Sister. Naya now you're all?
Speaker 7: Right so, look last year she wanted me to honor, her BUT i feel like she wasn't gay long enough. Yet and you, know when you when you become, gay you, know a little. Late sometimes people treated as a, trend people treated as like a. Phase but you, know she was, gay you, know for like a year and a half, now And i'm, like all you deserve to be, honored and, UH i love.
Speaker 26: YOU i love.
Speaker 5: You she got a girlfriend looked Like Ray shrman AND i love it, Yet, jimmy you. Know AND i love my sister to. Depth so Happy Happy Pride, Month naya and her Girlfriend.
Speaker 2: KAYA i love, It Yes, Na you're And? KAYA i want to sleut A. Tank it's out TO r AND b Singer. Tank this was his last show On broadway yesterday for The. Kitchen, yeah so he Did Hell's. KITCHEN i brought my mom there who celebrated her eightieth. Birthday she got a chance to See tank and Meet. Tank so it Was tank's last, Show so salute The. TANK i, mean if you didn't get a chance to See, tank hopefully he'll come back because he killed. It not, no, No tank is not playing The Keys dad anymore On. Broway i'm sure they'll have another. Actor But tank definitely killed. IT i think he was, there what two three?
Speaker 4: MONTHS i don't.
Speaker 9: REMEMBER i SAW i went to go See Hell's.
Speaker 8: Kitchen it was a, fantastic fantastic well he Plays he played a dead beat father Named.
Speaker 3: Darius, Darius, yes At Lasia keys his dad.
Speaker 4: Allegedly, yeah so it's not.
Speaker 9: Allegedly that was her.
Speaker 4: DAD i don't want to make. Sure sometimes it's like in the play that it's not all.
Speaker 3: Actual it's like. THAT i don't, know but he killed it, though he, no what do you?
Speaker 9: Mean what you what are you talking?
Speaker 2: About, well sometimes when they do the, plays they exaggerate certain things at.
Speaker 4: TIMES i don't know what in.
Speaker 3: The Play tank played right, NOW i Want darius to assume me came in debate.
Speaker 9: NOW i don't think that's his real.
Speaker 2: NAME i don't know, though see all, right see you, man, alright, well you got a positive.
Speaker 8: NOTE i, do, uh and my positive note comes From Marcus. Aurelius, OKAY i Love Marcus. AURELIUS i like to read about. Stoicism he, says in your, actions don't, procrastinate and your conversations don't, confuse and your thoughts don't want To in your, soul don't be passive or aggressive in your.
Speaker 9: Life don't be all about. Business have a good, day breakfast, club you don't finish or y'all. Done