Speaker 1: He is Drinks Chess, motherfucking podcast. He's a legendary queens rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't agree. That's your boy in O R E.
Speaker 1: He's a Miami hip hop and mioneer. What up his dj e f N? Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk fast drinks Chans mo.
Speaker 1: Post das New Year's Eve. Listen, It's time for Drink Champs. Drink up, motherfuck?
Speaker 2: Would it good?
Speaker 3: Be hopeing?
Speaker 2: He's wanna ship be this.
Speaker 1: Your boy in O R E?
Speaker 2: What up his dj e f N?
Speaker 1: This is Militama Crazy Raw Podcast, Drink Champs, Jeffrey Howl make something right now? Uh me being a part of a group. I know how legendary it is to be a part of a group. I know how you know, uh strenuous it is. I know how tumultuous it is. And we're talking about one of the legendary groups of all time, one of a two man group. Man, I'm talking about I was Man, I ain't gonna lie to you. I totally forgot that when I'm listening today. Joint I'm like, damn, they was wearing army fatigues before us. I was like, goddamn it got us. But these dudes lyrical, uh you you I'm listening today, bars and the things that they was talking about then it still applies to right now. When we talk about legends, were talking about icons. We talk about people who have stood the time, the test of time and stood here like legends, and we, goddamn it, got.
Speaker 2: To give them their flowers.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I personally made the phone call. I was like, man, it's time for them, because I know we had them before as the book, but no, we need Smith and Western Tech and still the motherfucking Coco Brothers face to face, man and man to get them they flowers because they deserve it. He's a legendary, iconic group and we and drink chance. Yo, listen, I'm gonna be honest, bro. People you always say to me, you know you know you got me through a bed or or I caught a case for you. This whole week, I'm just listening to y'all. I felt like I was gonna at the case. I felt like I was listening to y'all shit, like holy shit, holy shit, because I couldn't. I didn't realize how advanced the music was back then and how because I guess it's easier to reach it now because how dumb the music is now. But was that something that you brothers was destined was designed to do? Excuse me, I mean.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 6: I ain't gonna say it came easy because we was in military minded training from the get go, Like you said, the fatigues and the boot camp, right, I was my brother.
Speaker 2: Rest in peace. David passed away.
Speaker 6: He was a real drill sergeant, so so I said all of the fatigues because that was a part of our life for real. So even before the money for Thames and came, I was throughing combat boots right in a while, so our mind was already trained for that.
Speaker 3: Wow, you gotta think like we grew up at man, I'm from Brownsville, you know what I mean? Texts from Best Star like that's that's a that's a battle zone. You know, we grew up in these these these urban places and it's not it's before gentrification, like it's real, it's rough.
Speaker 2: So you learn a lot of stuff out there.
Speaker 3: So all that gets applied into your lyrics, and you know, we run around with Deceps, Salute my Decepticon, feem me out, you know flavor you know, yeah, that's that's that's and you know, big up to Black Moon too, because we was able to watch them work and we was in every studio session. Uh we was. We was at the interviews, We watched how they talk, and we learned a lot of stuff. So try to apply that.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, from yeah, from Brooklyn where there wasn't a dumb ball. No, that's the four Green.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's uh projects, No, it wasn't dumb.
Speaker 1: It wasn't. It was the cob Rolls.
Speaker 6: But once you if you got the Farragut and you survived them over there, then you he was official.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy. My boy, Troy Outlaw used to bring me the Farragut. He used to bring me the Fourth Green. My first fronts I've ever had was ab Square More. Obviously I didn't know I was walking through a war zone. Yeah, I didn't know. To I was older. They was like, little boy, you might have got killed, But I was like I was a child.
Speaker 2: So it's exciting though, like flour Street is crazy.
Speaker 1: Listen, I say, have about all exciting neighborhoods all like like poverty stricken neighborhoods. It's probably the funnest. It's probably the funniest place you could period.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's funny because I think I think I got my first goal to fit at.
Speaker 1: AT and queens the opposite. So look as were on that. I know you said earlier, but was that your tgic you guys wearing the army fatigus? I know you said your brother was in in the boy Was that something that you was was doing or was it the whole camp?
Speaker 6: I mean it kind of was that was that was like he said, being with de said, we was on the pleasant the bag wasn't there. We had no bread, go get dumb fresh. I mean I had guests with the pencil holder on the side of it, bugle boys joints.
Speaker 2: But the fatigue was the ocean Pacific you know.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I got old school. But the fatigues was the joint you could you could blend in and just stand you're down and dirty with it.
Speaker 1: What's y'all wearing forts out here in Miami? For what? What was doing that?
Speaker 2: It was tising?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, I was into all that ship too.
Speaker 2: Into all the military ship because you know.
Speaker 1: It's funny. When I came out here and I see people wearing the goose, I was like, what's that's what we call f o t s? They got the town okay, because it's too hot for that ship, man, But you know what it was some locals that was had on the goose. Sure, so in high school it was cold as fucking school. So you're wear heavy ship to be in school. Did y'all ever think because like I like we were speaking about like Brooklyn was the no goal zone, all right. And when I say no goal zone, I mean like if you was a fly artist to town, that's not with it. They're not putting them downtown Brooklyn. They're not doing that. But now I'm listening to artists, I'm like, yeah, where you staying at? They're like, yo, man, I'm over here at the Williamsburg and I'm like Williams Brooking and my day is like, no one wants to go to Williamsburg.
Speaker 6: Like in them days, Willimburg and Bush was that was that was dope central, right right, That's what it was over there, and gentrification came started cleaning up.
Speaker 7: And that's how when were you guys came early days DJ Raw and hood stock.
Speaker 2: I remember what this was exactly exactly. This is the Puerto Rican neighborhood. Yep, got Portrican is up out.
Speaker 1: Of here looking.
Speaker 3: It's nice and the it's nice always that's the place for green. It's still dangerous still, rob Yeah, yeah, they'll.
Speaker 2: Still catch you while you be fat. They're crack. Fact, they're cracking the hood.
Speaker 1: It's still cracking and the crack is lead because it's fensing on now. They up with that dangerous that's got me stopped doing Molly's and all. I think he was cracking around the little Molly here and there. I don't know if it's all the go, man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They got defending on testers now and all that. If you got to go through all that, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta test your drugs, kid, nigga, like you can't. You can't trust your drunk trust you every time. To man, I'm good on it. So one one thing that.
Speaker 3: Saluted the raised too, by the way, my blood brother to man cool, my brother raised. Okay, you know he's he's always official. Okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That jelly bean, that jelly bean today.
Speaker 1: Okay, this jelly bean, what the.
Speaker 2: Something? Someone want to try?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Ain't you only no fending on test?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let let me just tell yall something when there's two. This is the best hip hop R and B collapse of all times, hands down. I'll bet my money on it. Hands this meet personally meat. No, no, he has a DJ too. It's all times R and B and hip hop collaborate. You set it up.
Speaker 3: Well, I told you.
Speaker 1: I told you.
Speaker 7: The third one from me is the Mary J. Blige Real Love Remix. I disagree with you. I think that's a good.
Speaker 2: I thought it was going to play the Mary and Meth shit all.
Speaker 1: I need that to well, no, no, but he's saying that it was an R and B record remix year.
Speaker 2: It's not an R and B record. That's what I was trying to say.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to say, remix record R and B. You didn't clash with hip hop as opposed to like I look at method mans all I need you're talking about, right, I look at that more of a hip hop record going to get an R and B because it was math the record, you know what I mean. But this, this was Mary record, and this was Jodas's record.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, it's all pumped behind all these remix you know, you know what's up about it.
Speaker 1: The whole time, I was saying, this is one of those records that Pop had nothing to do.
Speaker 3: With it, you.
Speaker 1: Know what it was. I wasn't to hearing what it was back then, so I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Was back then he kind of created that genre that.
Speaker 3: We had did a show with the Intrepid, you know, recipes to B I G Man. Mary was there that day as well. Right, Julia Mafia was on deck and we was I think we had just came from Black Moon video, so we had all camouflaged everything, but we had light lights and flask and helmets and we're backstage blowing it down. Julia Mafia and Buffers in the in the cut just watching. So it was time for us to go on and he's like, yo, man in the studio, Man, we try to come come through.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was like, this is how does remix happen?
Speaker 3: So y'all was in the club, Holy Mon Intrepid Ship, so it was it was it was mass surreal, you know. And then we got in the studio, and he was like, you know, I don't I don't really get to see all of the crazy, tough stories. Give thanks for that, but the found Yeah, yeah, I mean we see his greatness. I appreciate him for Hollow and that's at that day. That's one of the biggest records everywhere we.
Speaker 2: Go in the world.
Speaker 1: Right here.
Speaker 3: When you heard that beat for the first time, she she she told us that was one of her favorite remixes that she ever did.
Speaker 1: But so so hold on, let me hear you out correctly. You're telling me that there's a chance that if you guys didn't go to that club that night and didn't.
Speaker 2: See record when I happened just like that, just like that, just like that.
Speaker 3: It was just like, you know, like he was like a genius, like a crazy genius is watching the play.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me the beat wasn't wasn't up when y'all came in, just basically vibed out when you got to the studio.
Speaker 3: I think that he had I think l was sitting in there. I don't think it was playing when we.
Speaker 1: When you say you're talking about but there's a lot of.
Speaker 8: Nigga, man, we was like, what nineteen, I said, Nigga, I won a hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Nigga said, what I don't get sunning up twenty five?
Speaker 2: You got it? You got it.
Speaker 1: So you guys all right now is marrying the studio?
Speaker 3: No man then, because I can almost tell she wasn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah listening to it because you'll just sounds so clean.
Speaker 2: Now I was, it would have been too nervous.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean for the first time.
Speaker 6: Just well, last year we performed that ship for the first time at the Barclays with her.
Speaker 3: We're together on stage. Yeah, and brook that was that was that was huge. That was Milestone ship right there, the Energy show.
Speaker 1: That was her. Okay, So how do you get this call where y'all at.
Speaker 6: Oh man, I'm in the crib and I think Drew reached out to her, like, yo, somebody from Mary tem I want to know if y'all want to do the.
Speaker 2: Balclays with her?
Speaker 1: Like what what? What time you need to that's the question.
Speaker 2: God damn, we just rocked out, so no, hears was just straight on. God damn, y'all perform the record.
Speaker 6: I mean, we perform it, but this is the first time that we with her with her, yeah, right, you.
Speaker 2: Know that balklaship.
Speaker 6: They be like sound checked like four thirty in the afternoons, they'll be moving around doing other ship, right.
Speaker 3: So it was it was, it was. It was intimidating, though, bro, I ain't gonna lie. It was intimidating absolutely. Man, of course I love.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, man, that's the queen.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, don't act like that's like. I mean, you see dudes do it all the time. I see Jada and and and sees up there. I'm like all these guys, it's like clockwork with them.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I felt like I needed like mad water. You get that little right before the show, you get that little lightheaded this. I'm like, man, I started to walk away. My shorty was like, Yo, where you going. You need to be right here. We're like all relax, relaxed in minority relax. But it was amazing, man. It was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: She was jamming with us. Man, her spirit is incredible. Record What year was that recorded?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Nine six nine six?
Speaker 1: That was like five nine six because buff was on the run with the.
Speaker 2: Macause that's coming right out of uptown.
Speaker 1: That's what that named Queen hip hop bar being started coming from. You know, I always say both two years together because what I remember is back then we used to record a record and we had on what was it for the little Dwarfs rails and rails? You have to you have to you have to be a shape that have a rail. That shit was like fifty pounds.
Speaker 6: You're like this and you had to know your verse, believe it was real. Ain't no punch, No we want to take.
Speaker 3: That didn't change the d MX right, DMX broke that moll Really, I didn't know that when he dropped, like uh an album, like two albums in one year or some ship.
Speaker 2: Like that, I thought you meant the digital time frame, your time frames.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that year I think like for us, like Non six, after after all of that ship, it started getting crazy for us, like a lot of things start getting WOWD. So Non seven we might have been on WINU Yeah, nuts man. We didn't come back on saying to well No. Seven nine eight with the second album which.
Speaker 1: Was you know you said lost it with the name was hold onld On. I want to get, I want to want to.
Speaker 7: Get before we leave that record? Who produced that record? Do you remember the remix?
Speaker 1: The marriag nigga. I don't even know what ca.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whoever other, but there's me and him. You know, we got a camper gut. He had a camper producer. So it's no telling who really wasn't programmers but hip hop do that revolution? Yeah man, we was young man. We was wrapping our hoods blocks. We really believed ship. We were saying so. But like anybody said against anything that we was thinking, we looked at the enemies, right, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: But also we got component's gonna have to guess studio. Holy moly, guam y'all. Oh man, what happened now with Oh you want me to flip po.
Speaker 2: Damn? You got the best chair in us. You didn't have to do all that right now?
Speaker 1: Ambasket door Queen's ambassat door. I don't know. I'm gonna be honest with you. When when when Compone, when we was calling Pons in jail, Then when I came home, I went to Capone's hood to find him. I can't find Copone. He had got into some ship. Right. I think the guy name is Pat Pool. I'm just crazy rite whatever. Yeah, well no, but not that Pat Pool. But so where I had to go see Capone was in Brooklyn. Compons and half of Brooklyn nigga. I used to have to go see this nigga in Brooklyn. Each other brother.
Speaker 2: Jerk Chicken today.
Speaker 1: Too far.
Speaker 3: We always seld that that's not Brooklyn loving me.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie to you. Let me tell you something. We had cane here the other day. We've been on Brooklyn Street, Brooklyn Street, and one thing about Brooklyn, Yo, let me just tell ya something, y'all. The most prideful people on special lens like beyond beyond New Yorkers, you know, New York, New York, like battle on New York in pride, and I think might win. Like everything. I'm looking at kid, and I'm looking at that special ad. They can't go against Brooklyn for you say, you say, they don't even say their name, they just say Brooklyn, Brooklyn. I remember at one point in life, I swear to God like ef N e FN discusses this a lot, and they say a lot of times how the South and people like kind of like, I don't want to say hate on New York, but they kind of was like, you know, New York and are arrogance. At one point, at one point. And I will admit this. I will admit this, at one point, no matter where I went, no matter where I went, if I wasn't rocking the crowd or the crowd wasn't rocking. At one point in my career, Brooklyn, I can say remember that.
Speaker 3: It worked too well. Yeah everywhere as well, by the way, and it's yeah, yeah, yeah, they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna just crack the rest of the crowd. They're like they are to ill, just be honest. And they got to make your belt off one of them niggas.
Speaker 4: You make your belt off Ja making belt lifted it out too half and half.
Speaker 1: To make you niggas.
Speaker 2: Holy sid I got Hi.
Speaker 1: I got that.
Speaker 2: Niggas got me Hi, Holy ship Holy.
Speaker 1: It is crazy making best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that Jamaicing belt.
Speaker 1: I had Jamaica belt travel Fox and jumps told you the niggas that I was. I was also in for a minute.
Speaker 2: I than everything was flattening side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was in nicety the ways in the brown.
Speaker 1: That's our Brooklyn brother too.
Speaker 4: Flush I swim and Bessie had pool man, you gotta be a I swim past ship that's the pool.
Speaker 1: Literally Bessie had that body part.
Speaker 2: Laterally, Yeah that was kidney floating, and next.
Speaker 1: The whole body.
Speaker 2: And then what do y'all.
Speaker 1: Think about hip hop turning fifty years old?
Speaker 6: It's beautiful, man, It's something to celebrate.
Speaker 1: First of all, because.
Speaker 6: None of us in this room, right we'll be here, thought we will even see fifty. A lot of us didn't think we would make it to see sixteen, right twenty one. Now for the ship that keeps us moving around the world, our families fed and eight to be fifty and it's celebrated with your pears and accepted by your pears.
Speaker 1: Is it's incredible, man, Something to appreciate it? You need another fifty joints.
Speaker 3: I think it's it's it's it's a it's like a kicking the balls to the establishment, you know what I'm saying. Like, you got these ghetto kids, you know, most of them with no education, like no real formal education past high school, sometimes public school, sometimes you know, intermediate school. And they become millionaires, billionaires, owning companies, running companies, monguls, buying houses, expensive cars and they and you know, these people got to be like wow by that. You know, we come from Queensland, but brown's no projects. It got to be intimidating. So yeah, I mean, lookten we when you think about it, you give these people a chance. You give these young ghetto youths a chance. These men, women and children are chance and you can see some You'll see some great things being made. Well, I'm glad. I'm grateful to be a part of that story. That journey is incredible. Salute to all the pioneers and particularly the ones that we lost alone. This journey that kicked down doors for us to be able to sit at this table and talk some real ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, break Brad.
Speaker 1: We had we had we had two booklyn niggas on here recently, like we just said, we had a special ad and we had Kine. But Daddy Kane was like, word it up.
Speaker 2: I love those guys.
Speaker 1: He was like, word it up.
Speaker 2: Hip hop.
Speaker 3: Was like.
Speaker 1: Nobody to me, that's smoother than crazy hip hop is. I'm I'm hitting poem because I think he was going to the show. I think it was this time or maybe this was the day before. So I see a picture with you and him and I'm like, yo, like, oh, let me holler, and I hit you and then I hit Kane because I'm here picture you and I seen the picture of you and Kinge and know everybody like yo. But like I said, there's two different opinions that we just have recently, both from Brooklyn brothers. So I would like be all to split their opinion because Kane on one half, it's like, yo, as long as everyone's getting paid, as long as everyone's being seen, everyone is being beneficial to it, it's cool. Especially Had on the other hand.
Speaker 2: It was like fuck that establishment.
Speaker 1: Appropriated, was like funk that no one is they disrespecting the ogs. They putting the ogs on early.
Speaker 2: They're doing that. He had particular he had a particular all he knew. I think Kane said the same thing to know.
Speaker 1: King King said the only thing about the ogs, that's it. That's everything else here is kind of what Well, how do y'all feel like?
Speaker 2: That's a jerky one, right?
Speaker 3: I mean we've been through all types of versions, man Like, like we when we go out in the field, it's like we we sold up.
Speaker 2: Like we've been at the shows.
Speaker 3: We've been first, we've been last as headlining, we've been in the middle. We had our time cut, you know, we had to go longer, like you know, depending on the crowd we could turn up. I mean we've stood on type of top of scaffolds. We've been in a small cubby hole club. We've stood on tables, we've we've we've hoard ourselves for him. You know what I'm saying. We will mutt it out. We smut it out, you know what I mean. So it's like sometimes we take our punches and specially like I think that it's like a fighter, Like the more fights you have, the more seasons you feel. I don'tly be tripping, not me personally, I don't be tripping. And I'm grateful to have a partner like Tech because we don't get into that.
Speaker 2: We don't be backstays like yo, man, what is this? What's this ship?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Like, just have what we need to have backstage and were good money. We're gonna go and perform like it's a like it's a stadium. Every time. We're gonna give you a show. Hopefully when we leave, you're gonna want to book us again. We're trying to take all the bags, like we're taking all bets, you know. I mean, we're not turning down no money and not saying like we we with anything. We just crumb snatching. But I think that just to have an opportunity to make money from something that you do for free, like we do this because we love it, right, that's what we're saying. Of course we can make money off We've seen that, we've shown improved that we can be entrepreneurs.
Speaker 2: So it's like I can hear what dudes right?
Speaker 3: Bad because when you deal with politics and you got all these different artists, man, it's a lot of us.
Speaker 2: Bro it's a lot.
Speaker 3: And everybody got like how homies say, we got some ship to say, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Everybody got some ship, you.
Speaker 1: Know what it is. I think this person had a lot of money that put the show together, and I think that he wanted they wanted to and what they were doing was like when they booked Trina.
Speaker 2: They thought that that covered the whole.
Speaker 3: South, so they dog Snoop b Waring and brung out too short.
Speaker 1: But in that person's mind who booked Snoop Dogg, they was thinking that takes care of the whole West Coast. And there's people like you know what I mean who can have their gripes. You know.
Speaker 3: That's why that's like Jam and his grapes like there was no one from was on.
Speaker 1: That that's going on in Atlanta, Like you know, like.
Speaker 4: It's no but who thought is that? That's their fault? That's that's their fault. That ain't now, faul that ain't you know, because you got to realize when hip hop started.
Speaker 1: So we're celeb like you because of the celebration.
Speaker 4: It is our baby, your baby, but everybody's involved.
Speaker 1: But this is our baby, right.
Speaker 2: I think each region should do their own.
Speaker 6: You can't be mad at another city because your promoters didn't come together and for the spot and bro artists did.
Speaker 3: Right, how are you talking about? I can see where guy's going. All right, we don't get the support because you're thinking about the sponsors, like these guys got this that the third so we're able to get the stadium and book it out and you know, I don't I don't forget about the you know you we do know it's a monopoly. We know that, and we know certain names we at the top of that top of that. That that wrong when when you're dealing with that monopoly, and I mean you got to hustle, man, it's no really way to say it.
Speaker 6: But that's everything in life though, right, that's it's like it's like not the country. It's like when you make bonds and this ship, like you you never know what that next person is. He could be the owner of the clubs. And once you're an artist and you you have a bond, you meeting that artist, that owner, you booking yourself there. You now you're wearing more hats, you're taking more control of your career. So it's it's really like you said, a hustling for us to get out there, and really you want to get it and live.
Speaker 4: It and you know it comes from fifty not to catch your wisdom. But that ship was like the stimulus check for for all hip hop artists because that's what everybody has made everybody hot. It made everybody everybody.
Speaker 1: It's positive and if you wasn't moving, if you ain't had emotion for that whole joint, you can't really expect to get a call just because it's like.
Speaker 2: There's too many artists that you can't include everybody.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, man, like you it what's crazy is that you can have you could have a different concert a month and not double book like it's that many artists like you could pull artists from and.
Speaker 1: You have you could and not cover everybody. You're still missing somebody.
Speaker 3: Would it be a dope joint? Though there's a lot of corny mon. This is the scared You can't just lead them out now. Well, yeah, hip hop we raised some, We raised some some some garbage spelled kids.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 4: Everybody got learn that like somebody likes somebody, but.
Speaker 2: Then I like it, that's what.
Speaker 3: But they get scary because you're gonna have somebody that's gonna be a gatekeeper of that.
Speaker 2: How we how do we how do we real dictate that ship?
Speaker 3: Or we just have cats just doing shows and everybody slap fifty year, fifty years, stamp on it and like that because it's somebody right now in the hood going yoh, rep in the hood fifty on Franklin Avenue.
Speaker 2: And we get the same ship with dream chance.
Speaker 1: People mad about who we have and who we don't have and knowing, understanding, seeing. But staying on that subject, I believe that we should celebrate every year like we should. It should be it should be a version of hip hop fifty one every single year. A lot of people blame massive pill. There's great people, and I believe Massive partnered up with with somebody like and so I don't believe that they was the blame. And again like you're just one concert.
Speaker 3: Them say at the end he wanted to do it every year or some ship when he was warmping off the stages like yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to do this like every year.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, well that I remember.
Speaker 7: One of the things special that was really upset about was he's saying the ticket prices. He's saying it should have been a free concert. Artists get paid, but the people that go there should be.
Speaker 3: That was just heard that. I heard that. I heard that too. But that's arguable though, Like you can't say that. Man, Let's say it's.
Speaker 4: Still got your music for free prices fifty years.
Speaker 2: It's still money from somewhere.
Speaker 3: Everybody, Come on, look at that, Look at the stage, look at the setup, like you got to pay people, Like it's arguable, man, you gotta like even when you have vendors like we we actually did a show in oh man, I want to say it was Italy or Spain or something like that, and it was a free concert, right, it was a block party.
Speaker 1: It was it was.
Speaker 3: It was fantastic because it makes you feel like home. You know what I'm saying, Like when you in Queensbridge and you like, you know the hood, is there everybody that's that don't normally get to go to the concerts? Is there some kind of way these guys found a way to pay for this? They got the they got the real stage, they got a real set up, drug dealers.
Speaker 9: But I got it.
Speaker 2: You always got to do.
Speaker 3: You always got some dudes pump faking in the hood talking about throwing money and doing all of that, like set up the concert like yo, salute, salute master p Like back in the days when they had the million Man March and in Harlem. He sponsored that. He put money up to get the stage. I don't know no other cats that did that. But he ain't want no credit for it.
Speaker 1: He ain't want that. He didn't want to.
Speaker 3: You know, everybody got to you know, uh, pump fake about what they got, what they spending, what they're breaking off or whatever. Sponsored something in the hood like you know, fifty centers another cat like this, something went back to Queens and then something Queens like that's the stories that we want to talk about fifty years later. We don't want to talk about your man the money was right. You know what's up with the promoter?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Turn my sound up? Like we're still talking about that. I have to like, come on, son, like come on man, like I see I see big that he can't do a split the other day Gold come on, man, I.
Speaker 2: Was on the side. Yeah, ship, we're gonna be like.
Speaker 1: Side. We said, it's a lot of artists that's coming out.
Speaker 4: It's fifty years but they've been on the stage in twenty trying to perform.
Speaker 1: Rusty that's when they came your mother gotta show a week and Gen Wine they gotta show. They got the same crowd. I'm just me. I'm just the last he wanted to couldn't get up because because let's just be clear why we're speaking about toys, Big Up Drake and Big Up twenty one Savage, which is a phenomenal fucking tour. But other than Drake and twenty one Savage, who I don't considered Drake or twenty one Savage kind of knew anymore. I believe they hit that ten more. Maam, big them up and they towards phenomenal and they're doing it. But other than them, you know what's the craziest to us out there right now.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not the Whu tang.
Speaker 1: Like did you see it? Like that ship? Did you? You ain't get to see it yet.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I was trying to get us on it.
Speaker 1: We're singing listen the crazy ship about it is. It's one show, so you would think.
Speaker 2: But it's not like that.
Speaker 1: It's like so, I mean, I went to the one in Paris. That was the only one I got.
Speaker 2: A chance go with.
Speaker 1: But I was sitting there. I thought I was late because I was like, what the fuck? Why is it like one? You know, I was on time, but it was like, why is it just one person? And then and I believe they did what's that ship? Nas?
Speaker 2: Nigga?
Speaker 1: Is the problem to the lights, camera, action, glamor glow. So I was like, all right, cool, it is way too early for ghost Face to come out. And then ghost Face and then came out. I was like, wait a minute, they tricking me, like this is this? Is this the end of the show, and then disappears and I said, oh ship, And I'm like, oh, I switched in the crowd like oh ship. So it's one So it flows like a mixtape. You know what else is kicking ass out there.
Speaker 2: L L cool J.
Speaker 1: The Roots and the Roots.
Speaker 3: For something like any any tour with the Roots is gonna be smacked. The roots.
Speaker 2: Black is a hell of a performer man, A.
Speaker 1: Fifty talk kicking you know, fifty.
Speaker 5: Bunch of queens money.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something came right now.
Speaker 1: Between between following Bufser, following fifty following fifty cent news Feed and smiff Star.
Speaker 2: I'm out there every night. I don't actually have to be what is going on right through you was.
Speaker 1: Going going on talking to them like I'm there. I'm like, yo, bab when your niggas do that ship.
Speaker 2: That was crazy crazy.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is, and I'm gonna say this, and I know I said this on a couple of episodes, and I'm gonna say it again. Don't forget about Snoop warr G to st Yeah. So you know they told out there, they came in here, warran G came here too. So this is what I'm trying to tell you, young whipping snappers. And I know I said it, and I'm gonna repeat it again. Y'all out here talking about we old nits, you talk about we washed up. Let me tell you something. When Thanksgiving come around, little Whooper Snap, you ain't gonna want that little young girl that you just met the cook Thanksgiving dinner. You know who you're gonna want to cook that old mama. You don't want to stop baby, You gonna want somebody. They got some years in this game. So when you see brothers like us still looking good, still out here, like Buster said, look the parts, you young niggas salute us there. I prefer you wipe off my sneakers, but I'll get away. Do that, your little river snappers. But we out here living, God damn it. So and I see and I see actually was the one that blew that up. I see went to Twitter and he was actually, you know, he's a numbers guy. I know, you know about showing and proving the numbers like look look, look look at look at.
Speaker 2: The ol gs.
Speaker 1: And it's crazy because you know, that's why me and E f N started this show is because you know, no other genre in music has that word washed up, has that word over the head love the genre. Only hip hop. That's crazy.
Speaker 6: We was just talking amongst us, you know, Bill, and we tolding about it. It was an art who was it? Al was talking about retiring, and he was like, Yo, how do you retire from great? How can you retire from this? This is you eat ship, breathe that show you wake up to this, you go to this your heavy oc current, right, this is so there's no retiring that.
Speaker 1: Makes you want to retire.
Speaker 4: When they start calling you old and ship and they start doing that, that give you know what I'm saying it.
Speaker 1: Don't be the fans to be your peers, your peers, fans be peers and your fans because you know you got fans, you know, it's just like almost her name cy grow up fans. He said, I thought chances for retired niggas, I said. She also said something Miami was not Miami.
Speaker 3: But you know, you know what, you know what you remember you gotta remember it's like, you know, that's that that comes from the hood, right, that comes from like niggas sitting around ranking in and snapping on each other.
Speaker 2: So niggas be taking shots.
Speaker 3: But you know that's that's the only thing you can really say, like you know what I'm saying, And and and you think about like you you know the fact that you have cats that can work, right, And then I kind of lost my train to throw. I'm smoking this reef and ship. But it's it's it's, it's it's cats. I don't even I don't even want to talk about them like I want to. I like the fact that dudes are willing to still work, you know what I mean, because you got you got like you gotta gotta be real. You gotta be real. I don't want to blame the industry or blame the youth for blame the elders. Like we come from a place where niggas, ego and pride gets tested every day. So you gotta you gotta like, you gotta poke your chests out, you gotta say like you mean, you gotta do all these things authority, you gotta you gotta, you gotta do these declarations. Uh, we we have these unwritten rules and hip hop and casts getting barrassed fast, so you gotta stand like you know once you get like. That's why Sean Price is one of the best cats. To me, He's a guy who can really put hisself out. We call him like the Richard pryor the boot Camp click right. He could say some real ship and we be laughing, but it be real. It's like cracking joke and he'll you know, we can When you can face that, that's when you that's when the hip hop be the realist.
Speaker 2: Those are the casts that we love.
Speaker 3: That's why we love a twopart, That's why we love a biggie because these guys are really saying some real ship that we can identify with. Everybody can identify with that street life ship. Some cats like, we love a Note because he could put some words together like a motherfucker, you know what I'm saying. And then y'all coming with the war report. It's like, man, this ship is like watching a movie, you know. So it's different than just like cats saying it's old, Like you put those tapes on today and you go on the journey. Still, that's a blessing.
Speaker 4: You take old motherfucking bumble bee and then you get the new Transformers almost yeah, yeah, reformed my niggaive Reform and that and hit about fifty shows reformed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now that's real.
Speaker 1: What's aw smippers rider? What's on our rider's light?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: We got two bottles of Hennessey and bottle of terror mana probably something.
Speaker 1: Or what at the Hennessy tarror mana Tarra mana, We're gonna get you a check. We're gonna change make this you know on earth, God damn it. Ahead, but.
Speaker 3: Two sticks of deodorant, okay, also okay, of course clean towels and wash clubs.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think we got vegetable yellow.
Speaker 1: He picked out all the orange.
Speaker 2: Will really do that? Yeah, you got got swining.
Speaker 3: We got the Johanna incense in the back. Because sometimes the back days be funky.
Speaker 2: You gotta keep it. You gotta keep the smell good.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna get I'm gonna go right back to this hold on. You know what I asked, I said, I said, I said, I said, okay, this is something that been fucking me for my whole life almost and he goes, what's up? I go, biz Mark says, MiG daddy came. But Mike, my mellow, you know what the mike, because you know that was that was He's like, only you asked.
Speaker 10: Like that, liked he was like, he was like, yeah, that's the funny, like like but at those days times you couldn't have.
Speaker 3: You couldn't even be standing next to Jello in the store, like I know you ain't about to buy no jail that's not for me.
Speaker 1: So star Wars, Star Wars stop Skittles host his cakes. But what you what's on your right? The same thing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, we we're good man in trying to keep it. I do instance not not not the not about. I got a pack.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Someone stolen, someone stole my ever everyone. Yeah, I think my kids. Yeah, I got weird as hell, go home and have to splain it to my wife.
Speaker 2: You got you were able to get it.
Speaker 1: Charlo made because remember we had a book that week. So I hit charlom bade the sold out. So I hit Charlomagne. I said, you give me your last and I had to say I said me least. I mean, I ain't want to you know, I didn't want to ask neutralize journalizing. We talk to a buster, what it smells like. I don't just saving it for her so when she walk in, she's gonna smell herself to get.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: Would have been lessen there, it would have been let no no wed ship.
Speaker 3: But we we we we try to keep it like when we when we do the long runs, we keep ship like ginger Lemon. Every day we try to stay teed up, you know what I mean? For the most part. Other than that, we keep it simple. We try to eat that nice restaurants. That's it, man. Yeah, and live in the culture.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to put some weird shipped on my rider, Like I want to go to Japan order to see Moss, to see them, just see them wild out. No, I'm talking about the I wanted from Doctor sav I wanted they're gonna bring you some.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you remember we.
Speaker 1: Went to Japan after l L and our rider was like phillies.
Speaker 2: She was so simple.
Speaker 1: They were like, oh my god, they don't wants to kill them. Niggas almost said he wanted pink roses, orange apples, like that orange apples, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like so y'all not Hollywood, Nah, okay, plus like you know we again, man, when you from when you're from Brooklyn, man, like you like to keep it simple because if you if you if you request something that dude can't bring, man, you're gonna probably feel away.
Speaker 2: Alternative is gonna be.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We've been in places where we'd be like all right, hennessy and they bring us something that's like.
Speaker 1: Some kind of grandma yeah or some others.
Speaker 3: We it gets it gets difficult for you though.
Speaker 2: It is a black man too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know we we we support rappers over here. And I think I think you're in Brooklyn, said.
Speaker 3: My man Jay, of course, and menth bleak, that's that's family. Yes, yeah, we got bleak coming Monday in Brooklyn. Flipp and I only drink most of time, says with Flip. With dollars. They always that, they always got you. I got the do I know you drink that other stuff. But with my brothers, man, shout out to.
Speaker 2: Them though, they gets you.
Speaker 1: Hennessy make everybody want to fight though. That's for years.
Speaker 2: So it's boke of Chica, man like, it's like Chica.
Speaker 1: That's the Dominican Republic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's when it gets low.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, bot got cheon't gotchee come out? Drake was possible? You got you got that. You got that ymber with the tablets in there. Let me let me get let me get one.
Speaker 3: With I like the fucking uh the parodise though, the Hennessy paradise.
Speaker 1: We remember we was overseas.
Speaker 4: That's like six bottles home because they had pard that was on our rider.
Speaker 1: It was giving us them ships. Man. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, the paradise. The paradise is loud at thirteen.
Speaker 2: No, we had the xole on the road.
Speaker 1: They put no, I.
Speaker 2: Ain't got can't let you get away with that paradise.
Speaker 1: That's twenty five hundred dollars. Yeah, we had if we did have it, we had it like where they didn't know it was that it was ye.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because for like nine dates we had the such a bottle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like certain places that you go, like even with Japanese whiskey, certain places you go and you'll be looking them. They be happening it for eighty dollars eight thousand somewhere else they be done.
Speaker 2: Dumb as fun. But I'll be on the hud for that ship the top.
Speaker 1: So if boot camp clicked, what's the goal against versus against Wu Tang clan?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: What where is where? Where is this battle that happened? If this was to take place, it couldn't be because put y'all even it up. It would be your tool against ghost holy ship.
Speaker 2: Damn, that's dangerous agelous ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they gotta they gotta be in the middle of.
Speaker 11: The water, by the by the water because it's Brooklyn where.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 1: That's that.
Speaker 3: That would be like so that that would be, that would be Randall's all right, that would be like random all that. But that's you know, they got that ship that looked like a I don't know if it's an empty jail, but it's like you talking about the mansion.
Speaker 1: Right there when you come in with exactly.
Speaker 6: Govern that ship would be having things.
Speaker 2: I didn't go to the dipset.
Speaker 1: Locks.
Speaker 2: I can't make it.
Speaker 1: We had podcast here, but I tuned in obviously, and that was the most I've ever seen New York go back to New York. If New York was the a New York, if New York's ever go back to New York again, it would start from that versus.
Speaker 2: But that was one of the best.
Speaker 1: Can yes, who can't clip again against.
Speaker 2: That'll be that'll be? Yeah, those those are the bros man, But damn, what's up with the.
Speaker 1: Boot camp members?
Speaker 2: We just actually filmed a new video before get that.
Speaker 1: Let's stay on the verses.
Speaker 2: We get to that, yeah, asking who would win? How would it go?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Oh man, that's excitement right there, because I mean like a lot of army fatigues.
Speaker 1: For sure. That's like d C and.
Speaker 8: Mark fighting superhero villain.
Speaker 1: It's like you.
Speaker 6: Got the counterpart for that.
Speaker 2: So that is not that'll be insane shot.
Speaker 3: What's crazy is that that's we're talking about like chess chest boxing.
Speaker 2: That'll be a back like that.
Speaker 3: I mean literally just playing like the heads right you're playing and like everybody playing their.
Speaker 1: Hits and it's twenty Just think of a honey money between y'all. That's twenty joint. Yeah, and we got joints with Ray though. You know what's fucked up? Y'all? Would y'all would be going y'all be going crazy trying to pick twenty joints. That'd be argument in itself.
Speaker 3: We came when we came here, he was playing some ship that we ain't playing properly. Yeah, got about that album? Was that the way? That was the album?
Speaker 2: The album where and we made that in But is.
Speaker 1: That something y'all would y'all would pursue? If Swiss called y'all tomorrow, let's let's get it. I'm kind of tell he ain't never call us for a versus, So y'all would want to do Smith and Western.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do it. I ever come back and down for no fight. I'm not really with that ship though. I don't really like that, but you know, it's it's it's all for the entertainment.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: This is what is the name of the game, right, it's entertainment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what I'm saying. You know, I don't like the fact that they celebration and make it more celebration. I didn't like the like the Rosters was really one who who took it there?
Speaker 2: Remember when they.
Speaker 1: And he took man, he took his He's like start riding. That was like everyone saying, man, from here on out, taking it to ball, we take the ball. You want to be that guy.
Speaker 3: It's it's a line sometimes a moment for hip hop, but then it's like damn man, it's like don't don't don't goofy it out, like you know what I mean. It's like like some people, I get the part where the politics where some artists were like, no, I'm not going to go against this person because I'm going to give them like credibility like that. But I believe that that's what hip hop should be doing. Like y'all said, mop, yeah, like see that that would be ridiculous, Like Brooklyn, you need a big spot for that.
Speaker 2: That would be at the Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: Or the Navy Yard to the Navy y.
Speaker 2: We tried to do that like an undercard. Really, now you're not an undercar, sir.
Speaker 1: That's the reason why you worked y'all the headliners that whoever that y'all headliners, y'all got hit. I'm sorry you cannot, but that would be dope for Brooklyn. Oh my god, that'd be instead Brooklyn. It wouldn't be nobody else in the concert but Brooklyn. Yes, no, no queens, yeah, Brooklyn. Because you know why, I'm being honest, it's that timeline. Like that's the beauty about listening to y'all music is so timeless, but yet still if you re that error, if you live in that era, I just go back. I just go back to to my TEMs. I go on back to you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Like, what's better for you making it then or performing it?
Speaker 2: That's my question. Bro yea.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, come to tell the truth, making it then? I would pick making it then, because making it then. I think we kind of touched on this earlier, was like I love analog because I couldn't send you a record back in the day. Remember when you were talking about them rails like I would have to go to D and D told me to Unique studios, or go to write track or so on and so on.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: What was the ship that pot got shot in? We would have to go physically and sit down and be together.
Speaker 2: This wie.
Speaker 1: That music from the nineties sounds so organic and it's like, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's why if you noticed one of my persons questions was was y' all married together? Because it felt like that even though it wasn't. But yeah, send the record. You still have to record that ship at the studio. And when you listen to music like that, it's timeless, you know what I'm saying. So like when I have to answer your question, it's probably recording it because.
Speaker 6: Like I was like, oh, ship, that's the creation part of it right there.
Speaker 1: And I definitely didn't know how to perform like I had to. I believe we taught us performing, and I believe one of our like this was like a like a tenth time like we had already did inn r e. I already did, but now it's like time to perform, perform, perform, And we had so many records that didn't have uh TV tracks. Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh soon as we got up stage, there was a nice show, but you timed over.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, so we had to, like we go somethack instrument because they just didn't. I'm leaving instrumental does not exist. Go ahead trying he tried it. It does not exist. Did y'all have problems like that? Well, yeah we had to, we had to go.
Speaker 6: But you know who taught us, uh, our big brother Buckshot was the king of his self editing himself like you know, at one time nice instead of all the reversed in the curse words or the buck would just going in write a whole new verse. So that became the norm for us.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's talk about about I want to understand what you're trying to say. You're saying that instead of going in and doing a clean version for the radio of reversion that sad or that word, he would go in and write, I would.
Speaker 2: Throw in and write a whole new dim in two three verses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a different time.
Speaker 2: That's how I got you.
Speaker 6: Open remixes came because those words was heavy curse workers and then once the radio was calling for it.
Speaker 2: But there was no clean version.
Speaker 6: We're going in Calliope, sleep under the piano covers and bucke in there cleaning the chef up.
Speaker 1: Got that. Our show it's about giving people their flowers. I personally, me and FN we personally wanted to give you. You got your flowers to your face, y'all. Dudes are legends, y'all icons. You want to literally give y'all flowers? You know what I'm saying. Oh, Ship, that's right, you got all right. He's Dominicans, He's Dominicans speaking. Yeah, So Snoop said, it's better than you got the legends. Man, you guys are real ones. Like I know, I know you, both of you guys.
Speaker 2: Personally text Smoky Live. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So, man, do you guys know how for you guys are the hip hop.
Speaker 2: We're still in this, you know, one for the one out man.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of family, man, and a lot of things that we responsible for sometime. We I mean we you know, we gave reminded every now and again it's and it's good to not let it go to your head. I think that's one thing that kind of keep us grounded. After the show, you know what it is, we go right back home, go back home. We got to deal with the hood. I live in Brooklyn still, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I like it. I love New York.
Speaker 3: Well I would love to get up out of there too every now and again.
Speaker 2: But well, you know.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you it's good to stay grounded, but it's also great to know who exactly who you are. Yes, you guys are motherfucking legends, and you guys are art coms. But y'all did to the music industry cannot be you know, faked. It cannot be copied, cannot be imitated. Man, I just was, like I said, man, like I said, I was looking at poone Gramm. I've seen him, and I was just like yo, I just locked in immediately, and I just was studying y'all and I was like, holy shit, like y'all are really really true MC's. And by the way, you know, I missed I missed the Caribbean, like you know, the Caribbean influence.
Speaker 2: In hip hop, you know what I mean, not like that, not like yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going all the way Caribbean, Like it's not like extreme, but Afro.
Speaker 1: Beats is winning that Mexic Are you as.
Speaker 6: I do rock with some Apple beats, some records, don't ask.
Speaker 3: Me a yeah, you know, yeah, you gotta know.
Speaker 1: What's going on now.
Speaker 3: You got to think like Brooklyn back in the days, like we grew up in hoockey parties, you know what I'm saying, So hockey parties most of the time. The dopest ship was the reggae songs. That's when you get on Shorty and them, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, that was a fight really, but the reggae joints was like yeah, baby, especially you were flat bood, so you know what it is, like you want to a party over there?
Speaker 2: It's lit. So we grew up in multi cultural you know, it was it was.
Speaker 3: It was crazy because in the hood, you was like it was pretty diverse, right, you know, and we blended in.
Speaker 1: That was something that I noticed with y'all music early. It was like, you know, they had the dance hall, which was like like like ship that that you know, Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry. They had a hard call reggae like you know, and then that's what y'all kind of like embracing y'all, Like like I said, I walked in it was like I was telling like some boy burial and bodies.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, that's going the sound class that boy burial.
Speaker 6: We left up and got that really man, because heal the skelter random and they turned that beat.
Speaker 1: Down and they didn't want that absoluted.
Speaker 2: Mister got that stat such a classic.
Speaker 1: It's a couple of.
Speaker 6: Ain't about one or two more joints from shining. That was like that, Oh yeah, we got thrown to the lions. Then after Bucket and them put they they were so beat Minus was feeling themselves.
Speaker 1: Then we like, yeah, mister mister Wall took care of us. Man.
Speaker 3: It was like you gotta think because Evil D is part of Black Move so he don't really got you based, No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not absolutely.
Speaker 3: I think we was blessed because we got to work with mister Walt, who is the tutor of Evil D. Know what I'm saying. So we went to the foundation. So it's like mister Walker basically walked us through and we wasn't those those fresh cats off the bench like feeling ourselves. We was able to receive the instructions from him. We pretty much did what he told us to do. You didn't have no ideas about going to the studio. I mean we did studio lights, studio stuff before, but he walked us through it. This mister wall you know what hes talking about. He got records from smoking the crib.
Speaker 2: That's the only day.
Speaker 6: Couldn't smoking at the park when it's wintertime and roll up smoke our soul.
Speaker 3: But that's discipline, right because you know we street cats.
Speaker 2: But his mom's in the crib.
Speaker 3: So you mean telling me you don't respect dudes moms because you want some hip hop shiuse right now, you don't want nobody in your crib.
Speaker 1: You don't want to know.
Speaker 3: You ain't even certain cats. You can't let them know where you live at. You don't want to tell me the setup in the crib. We got to meet him in the neutral zone somewhere, you know what I'm saying, Like crib when mom's in the crib Yetnaw, we're not doing that with wife being the crib Like na, y'all niggas is too wow. I was thinking about that the other day because I used to violate my crib. I had like the setup in my crib. We go all night. I'm like, damn, I'm like Damn I was. That was that was kind of recording set up, like just making demos though, like not even like you know what I'm saying, like this is rude, Like niggas was having it. I'm like, damn, I was apologize to everybody. God man, Christy, I was like, so hip hop, man, when you tune then you tuned in. That's what it make it?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: That's the problem, Like you gotta like get in there.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You could tell when the cat is level, like when you're talking about King, like you could tell he is enjoying it, you know, master age, you could tell he's a joying. Like these guys are still traveling. We still got places that we haven't been yet. So it's like you gotta look forward to it and get ready for the get ready for the grind. Hip hop allows you to do that. Man, big that's a big that's a big award right there.
Speaker 1: But love it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: What, what's one of the craziest places you performed.
Speaker 2: At Barclays We're married.
Speaker 6: That was the craziest, right, Yeah, that was that was that was monuments because that was the first time that was the first time performing with her and first time performing in the Barclays really, so.
Speaker 3: It wasn't we just didn't know we had. We just did the super Cat that was the next John. We did Supercat first. That performed with super Kid super super Cat on there.
Speaker 1: That was different. Super one of the others that was different.
Speaker 3: But we also I feel like I feel like we was there one time when there was some hip hop ship going on. I forgot who was on stage. It was a bunch of hip hop cats there. I think we was on stay. I feel like m O P Was up there and perform. I don't know if we performed. We just got up on stage with him. But that was that was that was That was the monumental show because it was like we get to take that show around the world.
Speaker 2: People love that ship, you know what I mean. It's like you say, like.
Speaker 3: People, you bring an experience when you when you're able to perform. True say, the process of recording is dope because you watching that's like raising a baby.
Speaker 2: That's your baby. You falling in love with that ship.
Speaker 1: The process is and creating something out of nothing, out of nothing, talk about it. So I'll flip the balance in a question on you, what do you prefer more making the record or performing a record.
Speaker 3: I think it's a I think I mean it's it's it's it's it's for me. It's a balance, it's a year in the yang, it's a it's a total completion because you don't want to make I'm not a ghost writer, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I like to write and I like to see it. I like to see it through.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: You know, when you fit, when you get in the game and you see, that's how you see if it works or not. You know, I believe in dreams, but I believe in working to make him come true. So it's times when you get on that stage man, and you're looking at people and it's like, man, these people love you.
Speaker 2: Man, that's mind blowing. That's some crazy shit right there.
Speaker 1: You fit.
Speaker 3: Like just last week, I wasn't Brooklyn in the crib drinking some honey, like feeling kind of down and ship. Now I'm out here and it's like five thousand people, ten thousand people and they.
Speaker 2: Jamming man, women and child.
Speaker 3: Though I know this little dude wasn't out when when I dropped my house.
Speaker 1: He wasn't.
Speaker 2: He's you know what I'm saying, This kid like eleven years old.
Speaker 1: In front row. You know what I'm saying, You know the word.
Speaker 3: He's like this and on the shoulder like yeah, you with it. I'm like, that's what hip hop is.
Speaker 1: They never thought they would see you in person. So that's like, but then we'll do something crazy like what you know? How about this? Like what tech a dude? Like yo yo, come he in a little homie, come on.
Speaker 2: Stage, come up here. Now you experience a hip hop.
Speaker 3: Your pops brought you to the concert, and like it's generations.
Speaker 2: The whole, So that means it's introduced, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So this eleven year old gonna gonna keep hip hopp in his heart and in the spirit for another what ten, fifteen, twenty thirty, Yeah, playing planing. See when we was eight years old, we was listening to you know what I mean, grand Master Flash, and then they took them out the message we were and then here we are like this at the round table at the square table building. That's that's fabulous, guys. Growth and development man.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, so you ready for quick time slot. Let's go. Okay, you want to play playing them the rules? We didn't do. This is the first time they was here. Yeah, we doubt yeah, yeah, all right, so this is a drinking game. Yeah, we're gonna give you two choices. You pick one. Nobody drinks.
Speaker 7: But if you say both or neither, we all drink. We all take a shot both or drink like if you politically correct, if you if you don't pick were drinking.
Speaker 1: Everybody, every we were drinking with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is how we get fucked up to what.
Speaker 1: You want to come and be designated.
Speaker 7: You gotta gotta drink from guys, Come on, healthy, healthy thug.
Speaker 1: Right now, did you steal my shirt?
Speaker 2: The good? Bad? What's the what?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Just little shots? Didn't crazy? Is it specific? Is a specific drink drinking? And we don't take a small shot because small?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: All right, we got you got last hold on you got a shot glass hold.
Speaker 1: Drink broa.
Speaker 2: Yeah he said he got that. Dou say over there man.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah we get a yeah yeah yeah yeah, please get that on camera.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get you to all right, ready yeah you.
Speaker 1: Ready, Yeah, I got lot that Halsh is killing it here. But it's it's the diamonds, it's not the hash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is good.
Speaker 1: Let me everybody for him now that ye yeah, yeah, yeah, hold on, Jamie, you can disrespect him for me, Like I said, could be baby shot like a baby shot like it was me. It was me. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: This is something?
Speaker 1: There's some straight Brooklyn Ship right here, by the way. This is the two people who make up the rule. That's the Dominican right there in the Columbia right there.
Speaker 2: So they analyze.
Speaker 12: Y'all got these questions because it's a lot of shots.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she poured it for your ready. Okay, you ready, you're gonna do a number one on this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are you ready? The moment of truth?
Speaker 1: All right? But let them let him.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with you first. Yeah, that's what up. People. We don't write this.
Speaker 1: They write it over there.
Speaker 2: We's got nothing to do. This is funny.
Speaker 1: This vote for both for y'all that jay Z or Big Daddy King mmm.
Speaker 2: And it's whatever criteria, whatever you want.
Speaker 7: It doesn't have to you can explain or you don't have to explain Ship Brooklyn.
Speaker 12: That's what's good. He might make us drink drinking, damn man, Brooklyn. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna think of first. This is very interesting.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna let you man you with my mooth what time? Yeah? You want to go the next one? Yeah? One time, one time? All right, biggiear puck No, no, man, I can't be the whole time, he said. Both ain't no easy one big hell pop hold on whatever cartiery you want.
Speaker 2: You know later we got it. They broke my Gemini brothers too, though.
Speaker 1: Married to a Gemini. Oh my god, you mayor June. You're a wild Gemini holy ship. You're the two part Gemini Gemini holy ship.
Speaker 6: Is that supposed to make my answer easier? I gotta go Brooklyn man. But they bugged my brothers.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, bigg yeah, big that's cool, okay, d m X all.
Speaker 2: Big al and rest in piece of big piece piece both of them. Damn max a big l damn dang.
Speaker 6: I fucked with el Man L kind of introduced me up to children in the choir. He was the first one who put me on the cam and all of them, wow, oh my boy. McGruff was ex l.
Speaker 1: Well my no, it's a time limit. Yeah take a shot now, you gotta take a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, both and unless you contested, Yeah no, no, no.
Speaker 3: You can't contest that yeah, alright ready, okay, yeah you got this one.
Speaker 2: Biz or O d B.
Speaker 1: Yeah, O d B.
Speaker 2: Welcome to drinks.
Speaker 1: That's Brooklyn, man, that's Brooklyn O d B O d B. Y'all Brooklyn mother is really going I gotta lie damn wick upon trying to use the bathroom. You're not trying, He's us do when the check on. That is the cruel. That was a cruel one right there. Bro.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like you probably wouldn't have like a no.
Speaker 2: dB without a business.
Speaker 1: That's how I think true. Yeah, picking picking boogets, that's my favorite record.
Speaker 2: Who makes who can make a record?
Speaker 1: Like he said, I'm going my nose just taking up the basketball and pass it to you.
Speaker 2: Holy you seen the documentary the biz Mark.
Speaker 1: You yes, he was. He was down everybody.
Speaker 2: He put people on.
Speaker 1: That's l that's ll damn man.
Speaker 2: But the god though one man, Harmy Seng. He's never been tooking out. He's looking out.
Speaker 1: He's dropping his all the girls be dropping babies.
Speaker 2: We used to play chess every day.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Oh dd really I'm a pick Mark. That's the original man. Okay, okay, you can take the next two. I think it's gonna be an easy one for them. Yeah, buck shot or specially uh the game is rigged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you won't have to take a shot for this one. Of course you're going buck shot, big up to buck shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, buck shot the big bady eye bad I Doug Man, it's my guy.
Speaker 1: Go to that Buck Waller Diamond d oh God ye shout out the c C. You know how nice buck Wow is.
Speaker 6: I know, I know, dumb, dumb, dumb nice buck My man too, and he's and he puts it on and.
Speaker 1: I too with buck Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know because Diamond is Man.
Speaker 1: I got it. I got I can't pick. I can't taking that. I got this one because I'm A'm gonna skip this one because we always do this one. So I'm gonna skip this one. I'm gonna go to the next one.
Speaker 2: This one.
Speaker 1: I gotta know. This is gonna be pause. I think it's gonna be hard for both for y'all. Mab deep or m O P another round.
Speaker 2: Here, Bob.
Speaker 1: I'm queens and the same pride I got. I got some queens, but that's still hard for me.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be yeah, I wouldn't be able to pick that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yo, you gotta think man, because we came up, we came up watching watching m o BB. You know what I'm saying, Pride Jay. Hell, we came up seeing them. We came up seeing them now, hell right in front of bat We've seen them. We've seen them stickers on the train in Brooklyn. You know that's family though.
Speaker 1: So Wu Tang Clan or Juice Crew mm hmmm mm hmmm. Damn.
Speaker 7: It's kind of like the same as Bus and O d B, like the President.
Speaker 1: Back to back it is.
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking, like, do you get one without the other? Time? My way g rappers in the juice cool correct, juice cool.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say what I would have picked on this one. I'll get back to that another time.
Speaker 2: DJs. Okay, yeah, I was gonna skip that one. No, no, come on flex or kick Capri mm hmm CA Capri.
Speaker 1: Capri n w A or public Enemy.
Speaker 3: Oh ay, that's like, man, Chuck is my dude, and I love that guy. It's one of my top guys. You know that my in flavor FLA man, come on man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I might leak up with PE and they were like the same this day with n w A. So that's.
Speaker 3: I feel you when you had Q go to the bump squad that showed you exactly you ain't gonna have chuck. Damn, that would have been l two, but that would have been wild. That's uh hey drinking and he picked you.
Speaker 1: Oh so I got a picture.
Speaker 2: That's the that's one man. So if I picked Pe, we drink or we don't drink. No, no, no, we don't drink. Yeah yeah, we don't.
Speaker 1: Do that on your birthday. But you got to drink on your birthday called quest or brand Nubian. Are you skipped other work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go back to that.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Oh man, man, that's hard because he got relations ships with all these like personal relationships.
Speaker 5: Like my.
Speaker 6: Man, oh my god. Oh man, see I bringing my high back on.
Speaker 1: Yourself.
Speaker 7: And we're bringing up all these names because we want to talk about these we want to these names out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes sense, man, because like you know, from a historic point. That's why fifty fifty years is dope too, because you forgot about some of these cats. You know, these cats are still working you. They might be overseas, they might be tucked in the whole little war you know, but damn, I think I'm gonna say tribe though.
Speaker 1: Take the shot, Take the shot, Take the shot. You're thinking both man, Okay for this one, I'm gonna go this one and another one and you go back, all right, go ahead, easy or cor mega. I'm biased. I got one the next two that I'm will send it to you.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 3: That's dangerous man, Brooklyn Baby, but is my guy just like the same dude? Right that's likes and peace like or like right there for the Brooklyn too.
Speaker 6: So they both Brooklyn me ticket take.
Speaker 2: Ready, salute to both of them. This I love this one.
Speaker 1: We're drinking them, were drinking Ematic or ready to die.
Speaker 14: Here, buddy, stand up, I'm ready ready to.
Speaker 2: Come back to nine shots your tough costume. Man, that's Brooklyn Baby.
Speaker 3: Man, I think I would be carry out man. Okay, he's doing that ship because he likes it.
Speaker 2: I'm speaking to you after this one.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, coming come on man. Ematic.
Speaker 3: There's no first of all, both both of those albums, there's no there's no fast forward in.
Speaker 1: Yeah the one God Is One is longer, yo.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm talking about talking about we come up in the era where we listened to the Get Skised. You know what I'm saying, come on when it come on. We were just listening to the Skin is Dope, you know, like you gotta be.
Speaker 2: And hip hop today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're talking about that war the other day. You you you you.
Speaker 2: It brought you like I'm in Miami. I felt like I was.
Speaker 3: In you talking about you talking about Biggie is storyteller right here talking about niggas trying to rob you. Every Brooklyn nigga sat there and was like what you either was on the other side most time you probably you know the story very well.
Speaker 1: It was crazy because everybody had a pop from the barber shop. It was just what.
Speaker 2: Takes a picture?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, it's King of New York or New Jack City.
Speaker 2: Frank White, New York King.
Speaker 3: That's easy, okay, easy, but damn King of New York.
Speaker 2: Leaders of the Newscort, Jungle Brothers.
Speaker 3: M MU, leaders of the New Suit and they was like together knife buster rhymes.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, it's just the case. I love the Jungle Brothers though, man.
Speaker 2: I mean they're the reason why we have native tongue.
Speaker 1: That's a bit we're.
Speaker 2: Calling absolutely yeah.
Speaker 1: J B.
Speaker 3: The name is just at the block party, the plus the name is just wow bro like the JBS being like the Jungle Brothers. A right, that is, I'm going with the Jungle man. I'm gonna go with the JBS. I love look at that store. But you said the Jungle Yeah. Thanks, So you say I gotta go with leaders.
Speaker 1: So we got to drink. No, no, no, no, no really, I just I don't want to drink more locked doors, Smoother Hustler or saurt money. Do you skid?
Speaker 2: We said all shoo kidding, that's what he said. No Smooter Hustler or source money.
Speaker 1: Oh that's gladyt both who is not being from drinking. So I don't know why I saw money. He's no, we want something I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know who started. I'm gonna go with smooth. That's my guys are right there.
Speaker 3: Smooth Hustle Money is a fucking maniac too, But I'm gonna going with smooth.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, brown Sauce, I like that. I'm like, yeah, go on separate. I think they started to do that so they can't drink.
Speaker 2: They got to black sad.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah skipped that. Oh say that against that black who thought that one?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: My gosh, I like to see that verses too.
Speaker 7: Mister Lee doesn't even know most definite in English.
Speaker 2: Definitely, I like black.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, I gotta take a shot.
Speaker 1: I gotta take a shot. Damn okay, j flies Oh, Mariah Carrey, look gotta go, Mary. You can't leave them either, but relaxed let them Oh my bad. I just I just I love married leading the witness exactly the sauce of ex excel.
Speaker 2: H Man saw us with it.
Speaker 1: You know, that's the.
Speaker 6: That's that's they got this saw. You know how they used to want to kill a nigga to get five mics.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. It almost happened to man. He know to this day, Yes, many me and this nigga.
Speaker 2: Could be arguing about difference.
Speaker 1: We could be arguing about candles, and I was just like, niggain't give me know the mic. He was like, what the fuck is.
Speaker 2: This got to do with?
Speaker 1: I have not got over it? And he lets Soak the Shaka beat me in every award and he brings us up every episode, So you know, it's bothering nigga every category. I want to I don't shock of the same ship. I'm so fucked up behind this almost it's almost like twenty two years later, I went to beat your Ward for a podcast and I set the wards like last time I've been here, let the shock.
Speaker 2: Be talking about you know what?
Speaker 3: The songs definitely start doing some funny business out.
Speaker 1: What it was.
Speaker 2: It could never be like its cemented itself. It was never the Bible, man, it was the Bible, and they used to have some hard ass cover.
Speaker 3: You did take nine Ads out and that was the only magazine to take me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the funking up part.
Speaker 1: You have money.
Speaker 3: Down for.
Speaker 1: Just cash money.
Speaker 2: I knew business. It was my friend.
Speaker 1: As I started saying that, like, I really didn't get over it, and I was just like like being he just looked at me like a man. He was like, I can't front master peas about all the ass. You couldn't be mad. Listen the way he like broke it down, Like actually I was still mad, let's just be clear, but I just couldn't let my frustration continue. I was just like, because I might have took the same the reason why we got not to coutch. I'm gonna let you go on.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but we had skuldug ree on Penalty. He was part of the ads. Is when Penalty had to take out that ad, they put it in the ad, but it looked like a.
Speaker 1: Master p because because the go to show a little bit, because it says six, we're gonna stop at seven. Analog or digital. I want both of y'all to analysts.
Speaker 2: Do you want both of them to be analog?
Speaker 6: That's that's one of them. Any given Sunday.
Speaker 3: Joints analog spencer, you want to say, I'm glad you gave us the rules because but politically correct, that ship is real because analog, you know, analog and stuff.
Speaker 1: That's stuff, right, you don't have all that digital.
Speaker 2: So clean and you could go back in and do this same time, definitely do more with digital. What does it feel like?
Speaker 1: Right? Clean? Digital made it so anybody correct? Yeah, but it sounded too clean, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's not clean. But anybody sound that clean? You had to jumps in the.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: You appreciate sound, you all right, just as far as music wise, you're talking about your music wise like cameras and yeah, well keep it.
Speaker 1: Then we go down to other Rappit sold with that one. I still I say analog for that.
Speaker 3: As far as the music analog or digital, Yeah, I would say analog too, man, Digital was great, but the analog, man, that's that's.
Speaker 1: A feeling because it was communal. You had like like from like right now seeing the smith and wrestle can make a record, right, But if y'all in Brooklyn and then we in left Brack and queens Bridge, and especially if me and compone not even together, like like it'd be better if me and components together, y'all together and we accept it.
Speaker 2: But we're feeling together.
Speaker 1: Drinking the delion, drinking the motherfucker, get with some gumbo, you know what I mean? And like that chemistry on different court Yeah, yeah, hell yeah, you hear that in the records now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say. Yeah, collaborate like labs no more.
Speaker 1: The levels of the vocals are different because they record on different mics. It's all different show.
Speaker 3: It's a double sword though, right because sometimes like ship, we've been recording in so many different crazy ass studios in our man crib, like we we've done that, We've done the cutting rooms, and then like you got a guy like a like a East Swift, right, we recorded with East Swift alcoholics, alcoholics, who's l Yeah, this guy is a beast.
Speaker 2: But it's like we in the bathroom like it.
Speaker 3: It's like a mattress, yeah, the drummer like that, you know what I mean. But then it's like, all right, we did, we did one. We did when we did the reggae album. We recorded behind like bookshelves and ship again. It was like mattresses, the case alone, case along and we had the mics, you know, the you know the recorder, the old school recorders, like when you doing an interview with a cat with the little MIC's the little mike sticks.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like a small boom mint.
Speaker 3: We rapping on that like I was in yard though for real, I was like, yeah, this is like this you thirty like from.
Speaker 1: But what's the name? Digital world?
Speaker 4: After a while, because you know, rest my brother had the s v K saved us a lot of money by switching us the digital from analog, and we learned how.
Speaker 1: To rape the label.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that that's the truth.
Speaker 2: We ain't taking.
Speaker 1: Definitely, digital is cheaper in case, like what you said, it's a gift in the curse because it's like in the course, it's like all right, cool, like to make an analog record, you gotta be there six hours. You ain't you ain't you ain't just unless your rhyme is unless you're five percent with it, like you know what I mean, Like you want to be like no lesson Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's when we have oversaturation. Now digital anybody could be a recording artist. You got some on your computer, You got some being apone can sound like y'all, you can sound like me a bone.
Speaker 3: You can only do the right thing with a I was being I liked what he said. Only person just gonna use his old voice. Yeah, and his new album so he can sound like so now being so so. Now we're talking about about on the Rabbit. Now we're going down a rabbits hole, because that would be if we did like.
Speaker 1: Digg dka do that, if he never would have lost his voice.
Speaker 2: He was writing for everybody.
Speaker 3: Other than that, we don't need to be tampering with that. Cats are still alive.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I set people sometimes people need I say some.
Speaker 2: I've seen some.
Speaker 3: I've seen some artists on the on this like fifty year trip, like they really struggling, trying hard to get in the game. Some cats is looking out of shape, you know, and it's like it's hard. It's difficult, like even for I'm not saying you got to go to the gym all the time, but like even like mentally getting up there and performing in front of people, like you gotta.
Speaker 1: Be gotta be in a space, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So like all that, we ain't gonna be jumping around, but you see guys coming and paying. But they was the tickets was like three hundred, like three hundred and up. People want to see if people want to be at the rafter bells, I think something like that. I don't know, but yeah, you say that he probably was way more than that.
Speaker 4: They only seemed like maybe a bucket from this Gate eight show you the tickets wasn't that expensive.
Speaker 1: That ship was infinite.
Speaker 2: Gate eight Beyonce.
Speaker 1: Beyonce was shut it down. She gave him away fifteen million. I ain't tell the Swift, Let's keep him broun. I'm not looking for tell the Swift concert. I'm going to be our concert wherever you are. The money may but I'm going to a Drake concert. Yeah, I want to see them bras being thrown go ahead.
Speaker 4: Fitty said he ain't get no bros, get no bros A bulletproof.
Speaker 1: I stole at scar face.
Speaker 3: Oh face uh goe with face. Man, you gotta you gotta commit when the sugar hard, when you get you hard, you got thanks to You can't think you know what's.
Speaker 1: Crazy about real hip hop?
Speaker 2: I can see.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Think about personal nae joint, think about oh yeah, come on, think about scar face joint on joint. Then you gotta really think about.
Speaker 2: Ever seeing a man crass. You guys, you get me started with.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That was that was no stopping. It's no easy way out on that one.
Speaker 1: Bro Ski So what we all got to drink? Saying both?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I said, I said both. I say both.
Speaker 1: I'm saying yeah.
Speaker 4: Shot because faceball many small, it's crazy face small coas me can.
Speaker 2: All right ready what you said that Boys and the Society.
Speaker 6: Those are two classic. This is a life lesson movies.
Speaker 1: I'm at the at the at the border trying to get you know, because it's like watching the movies.
Speaker 6: You applied ship from the movies to your every day life to get to where you are right now.
Speaker 1: God damn man, boys in the hood or what it's now, y'all gotta take a.
Speaker 15: Drink, Okay, yeah, y'all san this mixing over there.
Speaker 1: Um yeah, I gotta go with both cool, all right, because you know, we'll skip around a little bit and you can go back to whatever you want to go to rap City or your TV raps mm hmmm mm.
Speaker 3: Hmm yr m t V raps. That's the foundation him right then. Yeah, that's a hard one too, it damn said Ralph Daniel. Rap City had the basement was to come up, and so I would even say you m T was with uh yeah, yeah, guys, I say five five The other day on.
Speaker 2: Some ship city was Joe Claire that's the home.
Speaker 3: And that's the homie too, Joe Claire and tagged off.
Speaker 1: This drink and they both.
Speaker 2: You can't many.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: Like we've been in DC like every other week.
Speaker 1: Okay, this one, I'm curious. I did my ship Okay, I'm curious for this one. I feel like you're both going to drink on this one. K rest Or rock himp mm hmm. Whatever can carry you you want.
Speaker 2: He's drinking already.
Speaker 1: Relationships, man, that's the fun.
Speaker 3: That part because it's like you're thinking about accomplishments.
Speaker 2: It's whatever is.
Speaker 1: Melody, you know, but they both really don't fly. You gotta gotta get with them on boat nobody beat.
Speaker 3: That's not hip hop royalty. I don't know where is that is. Ultimately, I don't like to be on a plane longer than like three four hours really, but a boat but.
Speaker 1: You gotta leave like a week and a half, will take a boat overseas.
Speaker 3: But what I do love about Chris is that he'll he bring his family. Yeah, not away from your FAMI. Kids are DJs.
Speaker 2: Yeah you get home.
Speaker 3: That's only Yeah he's doing and I think now.
Speaker 2: And all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the family, it's a family. Remember before Miss Melody was all they were all together? Do ship? That ship worked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that means like do you get homesick?
Speaker 2: Your whole crime is you And that's a real wave pop family crib.
Speaker 3: You gotta think like both a boat tore like Africa Australia.
Speaker 1: That's like a week, like a week, yeah, like a week, not a week. It's a week that gotta be more than a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 9: Want to talk about bro, take you.
Speaker 5: Take you a day to get Texans?
Speaker 1: Bro take you it's day by car. On the bus, it does take your day to get through. Take you all the Texas, it does Texas, buddy.
Speaker 15: The bus we didn't hell in New York is like twenty eight hours.
Speaker 2: On it twice, right, eighteen seventeen.
Speaker 1: I think it take you said, from here to Africa abound No, no, no, I'm thinking of the last time karas One was on drink Champs.
Speaker 2: Remember he went to Europe. He went to Europe after that, I think it.
Speaker 7: I think it took like a week, you know, I'm at all.
Speaker 1: But but what he does though, Yeah, in fact, Joe wasn't flying originally because of karas One. In fact, yeah, he didn't fly originally. Yeah, but listen, ain't nothing.
Speaker 3: Nice about being on a boat for a week though, But it's hopefully nobody against ind no accident.
Speaker 2: Everybody said he's in a car accident.
Speaker 1: Accident.
Speaker 3: But but what he does though, which is which is genius aside from taking his family is like depending on I guess the lens for the show, like you know, like back in the days they have even now they have the cruises. Right when you stopping different the country is on the way, so you have like he was talking about going I guess to Europe or whatever, but stopping in.
Speaker 1: Like the rock the bell crews coming up to go to like to go to like.
Speaker 3: This library, and he's like, this book you can only find in this, in this this, this, this church.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, this guy is really in it like that.
Speaker 3: So when it comes to him being a teacher and a scholar as far as that, that's rare.
Speaker 2: It's all done. I can't speak.
Speaker 3: And you know, it's almost blasphemy because Rock Chim is the god that's top five, So.
Speaker 1: You pick a care of us. One is this is what you're saying. I'm drinking. I'm drinking. I'm definitely drinking because he's the case.
Speaker 3: But in the world, man, right, hut, the tighten tightens.
Speaker 2: Man, drink you want to.
Speaker 1: You want to go to the last one until we can get back quick. That was trying to.
Speaker 2: I mean there's still some good ones, man, Okay, you want to get one more good one of the.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 2: A couple of nip your easy.
Speaker 1: Damn mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Easy is the godfather. Man, let me go with man, that's the piece, both of them, brothers.
Speaker 6: Man, I can see nip nip nipp is is the is like a fore runner for a whole new generation.
Speaker 2: He carried a torch. Carry the torch.
Speaker 6: So yeah, we drinking, but both I respect. That's in peace of them brothers.
Speaker 1: You want to go, man, the Chronic or me against the World? M you didn't drink.
Speaker 3: Brother a minute and it's your birthday and you didn't drink Chronic or me against the World.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of where I was at those when those albums was dropping like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, Against the World is the album he dropped as he came out of jail.
Speaker 2: That came out.
Speaker 3: This was when we was World.
Speaker 1: He was I think he was in he was just getting out.
Speaker 2: He was still in.
Speaker 7: It wasn't it wasn't even in prison when that against the World, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 7: That was the one that had the video with everybody in it, but like all the celebrities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when he was coming out. I'm with you on that one.
Speaker 2: He was whatever it was rolled out while he was still in there.
Speaker 1: But we all know that the Chronic is.
Speaker 3: That's one of the you know, top top being in the Blueprint album.
Speaker 1: That's not even like an album that's like a fucking like that's a double album, wasn't it. That is like that's a that's like a like a symphonic that we got like my old school may that's all all. Let me just say you something came out.
Speaker 2: Let me let me just say some I want you to drink.
Speaker 1: One day, Listen, listen, listen. One day. I'm outside and I'm listening to just pot right, So I'm taking a walk and that record comes on. Ain't nothing like the Old School and he's talking about Skelly. He's talking about only New York Ship and I'm listening to it. And the people that I'm what, they don't they don't they don't get they don't get it at all. When you was in New York, I was saying, Hollywood Beach, just just taking a walk. And then California Love comes on, and it's crazy how he embodied.
Speaker 7: Coast because he is from both coasts in that way.
Speaker 1: I just didn't see nobody ever in like, if you listen to like you not being from New York, you might not catch the Jews that he's saying in about you know, talking about the fire hydrants. There's certain just certain things that just was in New York, right, and especially at that time. So when you I'm listening to it, then I'm listening to California Love, which I can't actually relate to because I never actually lived in Cali. But I'm listening and the people that's with me, it's like, oh, they get it, and I'm looking like, holy ship. This guy actually the one and only person to ever actually capture.
Speaker 2: Both both stories. That's why he went the top five.
Speaker 1: Did you watch it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, I came on right back to back. It was I had my playlist on. But did you watch The Dear Mama? The documentary? Oh no, I did not, was the latest. We all know his mama's a panther. I didn't know that.
Speaker 7: It was in Harlem when she was at and she damn you ran the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Wow, I know.
Speaker 7: So, I mean his his roots in New York are like it's it's it's crazy.
Speaker 3: So you got to think, man, this guy and went to acting school like he was dedicated.
Speaker 6: And the Ellens ghettos of New York be more Baltimore Ghetto. That's like Carmelo Anthony.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous. That's the both worlds. That's some black Jesus Christ. You you you you.
Speaker 3: Went through all of the hells you went through love Hella, right, and you was raised by an army like you don't have you talked about a village. He was raised by a village of panthers and they was going through it. He was born in the belly, right, He was in the belly and his balls in prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So you got a person with that that that that is has has taken all of this, this this trauma and been able to give it back. A lot of people were very critical of Pop because he tends to bounce around and go are you're a panther or you a gangster?
Speaker 2: That's a he's a he's an artist like that.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 1: Understand how young he was, Like the last question back until we could go in and go into the Yeah, but when you go more, we hear you, bro, because take the mic and checked it. The question was what it was me against the world? Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're drinking to that. Okay, but we drank yeah yes, but now this is the last one and we're gonna get back into the interview. You heard yeah, Okay, this is the this is the one. I feel like everyone should drink on this. Loyalty or respect the guys start drinking. Everybody should drink, is there?
Speaker 2: Of course? You know they both go hand in hands.
Speaker 3: But like like what hand you grow up with, you will you will want the respect from your peers, and you're a man.
Speaker 6: You want that respect and you're gonna give it. But from that is gonna choose to be loyal to you or not because you might not need that loyal to you at the s time.
Speaker 1: So who would have wanted both? Who wouldn't want both? But respect is a big thing. So that's so you're going to respect.
Speaker 2: I'm going with respect, but I'm going with both. I respect that.
Speaker 1: You gotta drink on that ship.
Speaker 5: He said one, but ship.
Speaker 1: Because you could not, he said both at the end, still this one wanting.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you drinking.
Speaker 1: I'm not drinking that Wana shot you see? Yeah yeah, so hold on. So you know I watched I watched you uh on a clip of map Hapa, my expert opinion podcast, and it was a time where I believe the guy like kind of like he questioned you or something about your relationship with Pop and I believe your response on paraphrasing, it's like, yo, buddy, you wasn't there so there's no way you can actually judge this this scenario, right, which is like a lot of people ask me about things and it's really pretty much the same thing I say. It's like, Yo, it's being around and being in it is two different. Like I was, I never met Tupac at all, so so I can't I can't relate to it, like you know what I'm saying, so that but I was around it, but I.
Speaker 2: Wasn't in it.
Speaker 1: So can you describe for people who didn't know, like you know, or don't know when they google and they see, you know what I'm saying, the Coco brothers, Smith and West and at this time where we're supposed to be trimorial with what people know, it's really he was just bad boy.
Speaker 2: But people at that time.
Speaker 1: Tried to relate it to as if it was the whole East West coast.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 6: As you know now, it wasn't that it was just between individuals and certain joints. But the whole time we had met Pop, his whole stance was like, Yo, I really want to unite this hip hop ship.
Speaker 2: What was it called One Nation? Was an album of the gun.
Speaker 6: He was like Yo, I really want to unite this hip hop ship. And we had a relationship for him. As soon as he came home, he called us up at the label was like yo. He talked to Buck Shot Wow and Buck. You know Buck used to be heavy on the print calls, just like the Jerky Boy. So he did that ship to record labels forever. So Buck got the call, It's like yo, Buck for you Like man.
Speaker 7: Sorry, but you guys had a relationship with Park already before this though, no, so this coming home, this was he was.
Speaker 1: One of the homies. One of the homes was one of the homies. Swan had a relationship with Stretcher.
Speaker 3: Stretch then like, you know, Outlaws is from Jersey and Dirty Jersey, Brooklyn Hard. It's a it's a weird relationship with Jersey Cats and Brooklyn. So I think that, you know, the Outlaw of Cats was checking out, you know, they listening to the Buck Shot.
Speaker 2: And seeing what's what and relaying words.
Speaker 3: I don't know who got what they I know on the back of the on the back of the show, and Tech had rolled a shout out Mike Tyson and Tupac like want to keep your head going with.
Speaker 1: My right Tyson shirt today too.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is like random, super random. It could be any any fact that our dudes that says, let's reach out the cats, you know.
Speaker 7: And then I don't want to say this to just to throw it out there, but just to clarify.
Speaker 2: Could it have been that?
Speaker 7: Because I know that boot Camp had something with Big and Drena Mafia.
Speaker 2: Do you think that had anything to do he would reach out to y'all? No, not at all.
Speaker 3: When we got down there where we learned that it was No, it was like they called who they could call.
Speaker 2: He mentioned it, he said, I reached out the cats.
Speaker 1: Because isn't that how that Method Man and Redman record came about?
Speaker 3: Too?
Speaker 1: I think that was like kind of insane.
Speaker 2: Vein what the one Magnum Forest doing.
Speaker 1: The Method Man, Red Man and Tupac and Dazz Dylan.
Speaker 2: Remember, I got my mind made up. I think I think I think that was Okay Man, I know that what we was down there with? Who was down there?
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, okay, Greg nice?
Speaker 3: Wow, Yeah some Jersey Cats, wasn't Meli Melan Nah?
Speaker 1: I don't think Melly Man who.
Speaker 3: Was knock you out or some ship with some one of these serious five.
Speaker 2: Niggas was there, Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was exciting, man, because it's like you're in the studio with cats and everybody wants to get on the track. But for us, it was like an opportunity, you know what I mean, We're going down there as ambassadors of hip hop. We ain't talking about like we on this side of double agents or nothing like that. We're not thinking about no trees and we couldn't even think about trees in the Brooklyn That's that's ridiculous. So it was insulting, you know what I mean, and especially like Brooklyn don't even really we don't even be playing those types.
Speaker 2: Of games like that gets really serious.
Speaker 1: Word you use trees? Yeah, yeah, that's ship.
Speaker 2: They talk about a bitch or a snitch or something.
Speaker 1: So that was the backlash because so because you know, I had forgot about that until I seen the map hop thing.
Speaker 2: But was that let me just ask you, like me be a naive, was.
Speaker 1: That a backlash? Because y'all might have recorded it prior to pop you know whatever, whatever, but he released it or he published it at a time where it was like it was war.
Speaker 2: So was there a backlash?
Speaker 1: I mean it wasn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't no backlash because I was still, like I said, I was hanging out.
Speaker 1: With Big every day.
Speaker 2: Wow wow, I remember every every day.
Speaker 1: That other beef that was.
Speaker 6: That wasn't even what we call a beef. It was just a miscommunication and a misunderstanding of ship that went down Brooklyn Niggas all right, But Nah, that wasn't no backlash for that, and we we we we would ride and act like it wasn't even in the forefront, which it wasn't. We were just being friends with one another and enjoying, you know what I mean. So now it wasn't a backlash until the media, like you said, started driving driving points home and making sure.
Speaker 1: But other than that, yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 3: Uh you know how the Hoby says deeper than rap Man and uh other home, he says bigger than hip hop. Like for us, we know it's politics at hip hop and the street politics, right, So like Smith and Western not not not for nothing, Like Smith and Western, we don't we don't do beef really like that.
Speaker 2: We don't really you know, we know, we.
Speaker 3: Know we're gonna cross some lines, We're gonna come across some dudes. We're gonna be in dudes towns in the city. They ain't gonna like it. We're gonna be picking up they chicks and and and looking good and they in the club and ain't gonna be hating, and we gonna get into some stuff. But like, like this is why Hip hop fifty is so glorious because now you get to see cats like niggas ain't really got no drama.
Speaker 1: He ain't got no beef.
Speaker 3: Beef is beef when it get going and get going like that. We've been at walls, we've been doing stuff for real. Nobody want to do that off of no rat like you, old goddamn yo, all of us, don't be dissing on me. My man Stormy big up to my man Stormy. Stormy as an outlaw too, right, but he's from Atlanta, right, And he said, Yo, that nigga probably get you killed. You gotta swallow your pride to standing on stage like you gotta like when you say when you put those names together like these is greats. These are two cats that could have been Their lives could have been at the tick of a one tick of a line on the clock.
Speaker 2: Their lives could have went any kind of way. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: DMX left for legacy, you know what I mean, Like Big L left a legacy. He ain't gonna drop a lot of album, but he left for legacy. He put all them cats on, he gave Yeah, he gave put all them hall them D D.
Speaker 2: I, T C.
Speaker 3: They still you know what I mean, They still repping that. It's crazy because when we do shows across the world, we do.
Speaker 2: Tribute.
Speaker 3: Tribute Yeah, the artists. I think every artist should probably have that, and they said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the DJ of course definitely.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it's like, yo, when you when these people are don't ever forget, Like we gotta gotta remind them how great hip hop is. It's not just a fat it ain't justa's wearing some cool clothes and a lot of jewelry.
Speaker 1: Reminded them how great snipping question, why did you guys ever change the name Smipping Western?
Speaker 2: Now that's the lawsuit? Because that was the lawsuit. So you're telling me.
Speaker 1: Because I ain't go lie this is some gangster ship. You're telling me the gun company. I want to know you assume me. Hold on, hold on, hold on, because there's no Twitter back then there's no Instagram. So you you go to the to the label and what.
Speaker 6: Was it like they sent us a book of a contract of a sense of saying itemized everything they made from being cans to the Hong clerk to saying they made and how we was confusing the consumers selling music.
Speaker 1: Different spelled different different. Yea.
Speaker 3: The interesting thing about the seacent decisions that is Smith and Wesson Smith and this is this is this is the ill think because when we got like it was certain parts like in the beginning, we had a lot of problems with people spelling our name.
Speaker 2: So when the magazines and interviews.
Speaker 3: And stuff like that, So I could see why cats would probably go yo boom if we had the paper to fight it, because we have some people that was going yo, now fight this.
Speaker 1: But dude, we just came in the game. We just came through the dude, that was our first album. They came right what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They didn't even let us yes, yeah, yes, we just we're just getting like this, We're just mounting up.
Speaker 1: Like I thought this was not this.
Speaker 2: I thought this was later. This was your.
Speaker 6: First album. That that's what time between the next album. They came out as Coco Brothers.
Speaker 3: So it was a time where you could probably live a year both your album because you're gonna hit the roll, you're gonna come back, you're gonna chill, you're gonna hit the block.
Speaker 2: You're gonna burn your money.
Speaker 1: Up a little bit for me, I'm sorry, but it wasn't trying to collect from y'all.
Speaker 2: They was just telling you.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: It was like, yes, but this is the thing that's for Brooklyn nigga. That means the same thing.
Speaker 2: Basically, because what you do trying to stop the breath.
Speaker 1: What they did was the slick ship that there was.
Speaker 2: They said, uh, they put other people's.
Speaker 3: Names into the suit as we like they like all right, any advertisers magazine that.
Speaker 1: You like, reverse like the blackballing you without black balling everybody, they could sue the sauce.
Speaker 3: They were stacking up. Somebody want was playing dirty. Yeah, so yeah, we had to. We had to.
Speaker 1: We had to get our war our wall paint on hot.
Speaker 2: And then the niggas ended up going broke anyway, bankwet.
Speaker 1: Swimmers break.
Speaker 2: Car was a motherfucker.
Speaker 6: You couldn't you would have thought that what been we would have been to post the boys.
Speaker 1: For swim, don't jam, don't jam, just don't damn right, all the smiff and Wessons, but then also a Brooklyn at the same time.
Speaker 2: We was what that that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you say as far as being hot, we knew that, we knew the Shining was making paper and we wanted to negotiate our contract. So we went in. We was dealing with that, mm hmm. And then we get hit with that at the same time. So we ain't had no backing. We're back in the street. We're like, oh, snap, label ain't gonna support the sixth covers us going in. So it was dangerous. We had to bust some move. Yeah, so we sat on that man, we thought about that that name changing, and thought about, you know, the impact that it would have the fans.
Speaker 1: And all of that stuff.
Speaker 2: It was tough. It was a tough decision.
Speaker 3: But and then what made you come up with Coco Brothers. We was already Coco bros.
Speaker 1: We was, we was.
Speaker 6: We were smoking a lot of weed back a lot of a lot of chocolate, and I just figured, let's you know, it might have came from a black Moon session. It ain't it ain't fish ain't fish.
Speaker 1: You know, somebody trying to make it so y'all wasn't putting on coco butter. Just roll with it.
Speaker 3: Go brothers through Chocolate Niggas them chocolate brothers.
Speaker 2: They go brothers, not go go bother.
Speaker 3: I don't even think that black Mon was smoking when we came around, man, Really yeah, I think like we you know, we was the dirty Brooklyn cats that he was influencers. Yeah, we was. We would go through every game that was good influence because they made a hell of an album. They made a hell of an album. Like you think about. We was the guys that were brave enough to go to Hall them and get the hydro.
Speaker 2: They have hydro on Brove first s.
Speaker 3: If you came around with one jar of hydro, you would trying to make two slips out of there. You know, there's like one little dumb like Brooklyn niggas ain't even buying that. Brookly Niggas is going to buy like five tray bags. And you know what I'm saying, Hi, Grid, We was going through every neighborhood, but the chocolate was the the smoke of choice.
Speaker 1: Of course, he's doing something, I think, yeah, And and he's doing something with cookies. I like that burn up. I think that's very honorable. Chance, yeah, I think yeah.
Speaker 2: But hold on, I don't know, probably.
Speaker 3: But also what was what was part of the discussion was we thought.
Speaker 2: About using tacking. Still that would have been they would have been dope.
Speaker 3: But we would have been given that name to something, to somebody, you know what I'm saying, like to have tech and still to have the label have that name. Yeah, that label would have that. Yeah, exactly have that name. So it's like, yeah, we had to fall back. Even then, we were smart enough to know something. We didn't know too much, but we were smart enough to know that we got to make some moves and we didn't want to stop.
Speaker 6: So I'm always going to be Smith and wasn't taking still right of course, of course, so.
Speaker 1: Let me ask, right, Dame Dash has this big thing about him calling people coach coaches, right, people, that's not a part of the culture that actually, you know, benefit the benefit of the culture. One thing that I noticed about you know, boot camp clips all of y'all is y'all have pretty much one of one of the same CEOs Drew Drew has. You know, physically, you could see he's not a black man, you know what I mean. But I've never publicly other than Sean Price sometimes like like saying it about Drew. I've never publicly seen any of y'all like speak about him out of character or like I don't see y'all calling him a coach. He don't.
Speaker 2: He don't present it like that. That's not his character.
Speaker 6: He came in the same time we came and so we know his intentions is real. Him and backgrounds is different from ours. Yeah, but yeah, him and Buck came in. He was interning at our first nervous records was a rum.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's literally a fly on the wall.
Speaker 1: But then there's a couple of money that's not that's that's why I ain't say that, Okay.
Speaker 6: But nah, he never he never disrespected us across the line, so it was no reason for us as men to disrespect him across the mines. Plus, we're getting bread together, were working together like him and Bucket partners like fifty to fifty partners. So if he's he's taking care of our brother, taking care of each other, and then Buck reaches back and bring us on, why should we downplay or a bad mouth anybody when we could He's giving us that same opportunity to bring Health Skelter and the next groups on.
Speaker 1: So so it's not like the easy Jerry Heller thing Nahn Drew could have could have split a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Man. One thing that made me like fall in love with Drew Man is early early in the days, right, he came with us to Brooklyn. I'm like, man, I love this guy.
Speaker 1: Drive the bridge, took the.
Speaker 6: Tree, super some ship pack up in the super you know that's that back joint white joint.
Speaker 1: Right, he would drive us the shows and ship. But he came to Brooklyn. That was it for me. Was I was like, holy Ship.
Speaker 3: We went the best style around Smoky Way and we went to the park and was playing basketball and Drew High was nice Ship White making jump white man, good jump.
Speaker 1: Athlete. Though he played the.
Speaker 3: Best he was he was, he was standing up, he was he wasn't acting all you know what I mean, Ship, I was proud of that day.
Speaker 6: I'm like, yeah, all right, And it wasn't nothing way you get you know, and a lot of people have hitting agendas, the joints. You can really see through it when yeah, I believe if.
Speaker 2: You cut juha he believe who can't.
Speaker 6: Clear that's a fact you believe, call one of us on the phone, you cut them, But.
Speaker 2: Like, I believe that's what.
Speaker 7: And it's evident in what y'all created that family. You could see it like that was really inspirational to a lot of people, that family who can't click thing that wasn't normal at the time.
Speaker 2: Yet we didn't have a lot.
Speaker 1: Of that see.
Speaker 6: And again I think that's when you asked earlier about like a lot of families are raised military minded, a military style. You might not even know it, but your dad and your brother being there. So when you put that out and especially now you're doing music to it, and you got people that look like you and talk like you, you can relate to that. So now your your mind is is already introduced. But now you're seeing, oh, I'm just like this, I do right, fa tease. I am a military mind and I keep it in the heart. I want to shine and help my other brother shine. So it's easier to relate to it like that.
Speaker 1: How do y'all keep y'all y'all? You know, because you know, you know, being in you know these are both my partners, you know, being in groups you know, you go through turmoil and guys are both in the public's eye. How do y'all keep y'all like because one thing we don't see. We don't see y'all beefing with just you know, and of course through the business it has to be some things that y'all don't agree with through you know, relationships got to be things you don't agree with. How do y'all maintain y'all you know, discrepancies in house?
Speaker 6: Let's all do His answer probably be totally different demands, right, but that's all through faith. And like you said, this is this is my brother, this is like this wasn't a dude that lives in Brownsville. I lived on the sty and the record label put us together. We was already hand the hand in the dirt doing what he was doing before the record all that ship, all that ship and ship. I'm not even his original partner. He had like two partners before me.
Speaker 1: Damn somebody somebody now, because for me, it wasn't when we first started.
Speaker 6: I was just a security put two words together to Rob. Except for Tis Ski doing graffiti or whatever, I'm just while he's doing talent shows and winning.
Speaker 2: I'm just to get in the game.
Speaker 6: For me, I wanted to be an engineer, producer, to be behind the scene and just Mike is back. But you know, god, I ain't see it like that. He wrote my first rap. That's dope, that's great.
Speaker 1: That's like Prodigy and Avoc. I believe Havoc wrote pro disease first fine didn't. Yeah, they said that's crazy, but first round Annoyed wrote your first round annoyed.
Speaker 4: But I used to have all because I used to I used to have all equipment in the crib, so they we used to record them a crib cock bone.
Speaker 1: It was fun. It was fun. That's not fun.
Speaker 4: We go back, well beat Annoyed, you know, it was fun. But that's why I like y'all. Like I like that story climbers like that. We like little kids story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you think about boot camp, like boot camp is primarily family and like when you say faith, it's crazy because like we really we some movie watching cats too, So like one of our favorite movies is The Shaun And on the Shing they talk about like communicating Yeah, yeah, they about communicating without communicating, communicating like almost like like so it's times when you know, I know your brother's probably experienced this too, where he was like, damn me and this me and this cat is so close that it's like we are meet up in the place. We ain't talk or nothing, we're meet up in the place at the same time. Were going somewhere, or maybe we dressed alike.
Speaker 2: Niggas.
Speaker 3: Don't think we was on the phone like on some Bopsy twin ship. But sometimes you just be like and it be creepy, it be trippy, but it's dope, Like, Yo, this is not this is real. When you start really buying into it, it's like, yo, this is real. Thank you, this is real. So it's like we we play those angles and then you got a big squad and you know at some point you have a you have a hierarchy, but then you have this big brother little brother democracy and we really just learning on the job training. So whatever, we'll go out in the field, come back to the little hut and were kicking it with the rest of the teammates, were sharing amongst the cat. It's no split up, no son in them going over here. Niggas is different. They changed. So you watching the cubs, they're trying to they taking it from you. Some of them gonna get on with some raps. Some of them gonna probably do some film stuff and pick up somewhere and you know, try to eat that food.
Speaker 2: And we got to add on to that.
Speaker 6: I think it's kind of that that uh helped us out in the long run because even though he came from a big crew, we didn't go sign with a dev gym and this one go sign with that label and this we all kept it independent. What was duck Down our own ship. And I think that that that carried some weight with us.
Speaker 2: That carried a lot away because we didn't have no cosign.
Speaker 1: Was your owners and duck Down or had a piece of it or no.
Speaker 3: We discussed it, Okay, we disgusted, but you know it was It's a roller coaster, man, you know what I mean. And in all honesty, you watch you watching cash like Drew hot put in a lot of work, a lot of work. You know, he could have jumped ship a long time.
Speaker 7: And he's probably learning at the same time. We always living learn job training.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: He around other casts. You know, you we we've all been in the game for some time. So you know, the sharks, the votures, the coach of voters, for real. A lot of people just like they're trying to get all this, They trying to get drew high to costs, like you could just come over here and you know what I mean, why you were with them boot camps. They're not even chanting right now, like what's really good? Like you know what I'm saying, But.
Speaker 2: How about the masters?
Speaker 1: Everyone is getting their masters back after twenty five years. That's something that you guys are keep blowing the amount of years, thirty five, thirty thirty five five next episode years for you. I just think it's been it's always been twenty five negotiating right now on my twenty five on my solo. But that's what Kane and he said thirty five, they said thirty.
Speaker 2: Thirty five, they said thirty five. It's not.
Speaker 1: But they in long.
Speaker 2: That's when I changed the numbers.
Speaker 1: Was because of Kane as special because they said theirty five just always twenty five. Maybe it's not still for my soul on right right, Remember what I'm saying, Diego, the Normy album is a separate thing. It's not under the component Noriega thing. I've always heard the number of thirty. I don't know if that it was thirty.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, but we we just started seeing residuals off of the.
Speaker 3: Shining Wow, the first album very first, just now seeing just now so I should put away this and what was it? This? U?
Speaker 1: No, that was what priority?
Speaker 2: Yeah it's priority?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that that one know the Shining Oh no, duck Down had with priority.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's not priority. No, no, see there, I can't see. That's Nervous.
Speaker 3: This just Shining is Nervous, that's not Yeah, okay, Nervous Records shin this one which was an independent, which was initially.
Speaker 2: A damn the label, Yeah, Nervous and Ji was some ship like that.
Speaker 1: Nervous was a dance what just like the labels at home.
Speaker 7: His pops Barry was a dance label too. What was that That label? Freeze was a dance label too. No, ain't cared about Freeze and tell me boy it was a dance label. Yes, but he came from his pops was running. His pops was running you know, big up, big up to Mike Weiss. You know what I'm saying, because you know his father put him on. His pops was running the label.
Speaker 2: That's Nervous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before it was Nervous, it was like my Sam or something like that, and his pops was doing you know, label record label ship, big Red and all of that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And he put his.
Speaker 3: Son on and his son was sticking to the program generational. So you know, I think I think we probably was the first rap cat. Black Moon kicked in the door for real, and it was like the front one of the first guys.
Speaker 2: And Flex was over there.
Speaker 1: And that's came from there's a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Now have love boots at that time, No, not yet, No, he was just.
Speaker 3: Put old vinyl boots, Channel Live, Channel Live, a lot of dope releases.
Speaker 2: Actually that was and it was a good volume.
Speaker 3: One brook something that was putting life like that color not Frankie Color No, No, Yeahmby Knuckles No, no Frankie Knuckles.
Speaker 1: The DJ and there was a Brooklyn something that you can put out like DJ records, I forget something.
Speaker 2: So we we.
Speaker 3: We came in there on some hip hop vibe. And you know, when we had that situation with the Gun company and with them renewing, we left them eventually, but we the name was on hold.
Speaker 2: This is another reason we had to switch it up to We couldn't.
Speaker 3: Use it but after twenty five years we sat down with them and discussed how.
Speaker 1: The gun company no no, no, the label okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, discuss how that would be, that would be something else. We definitely got to, you know, because they made a lot of mock thats man. But yeah, it's good, like it's good to go, like it's good to move on because you know that all that btterness that don't that don't make for happy record things.
Speaker 1: That's real. So now this is something I always wanted to ask. Spanish Hall, Yes, I record. First off, I thought that that was honorable two brothers. You know, I'm half Puerto weecand so I always recognized.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love the fact that when you know, you know, I'm both I got the best Black jokes and I got the best Spanish drudges. Got both got two of the racist grandfathers.
Speaker 2: Both of them was racist. Best joke.
Speaker 1: But one thing I always is to hear on on Spanish by the way recipes Hurricane Hurricane Rican Tony.
Speaker 2: That touches as well.
Speaker 1: But I believe it's you and you say on the streets of Harlem by the Grand Concourse, there wasn't nothing near each other, sir.
Speaker 16: Yeah, no, wait a minute, why in jen you know.
Speaker 2: He's super Panny, super Panny.
Speaker 3: I always wanted to be like, wait a minute, all right, all right, and I just say this right, I'm a Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: I'm a Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: You know you Hall them is like uptown, like Uptoimes.
Speaker 2: I was like, so that's not the same thing, like.
Speaker 1: Because at that time we used to take uptown. It's uptown, it was up, it was uptown. But you got to realize hallm wrong.
Speaker 3: But hall them is with the Puerto Ricans mostly racist and uhen you when you want a concourse, are gonna be a lot of the D're gonna be a deal? Yes, probably copping something. You probably right right, but it's true. Now, I grew up around I grew up in Brownsville. I grew up around Puerto Ricans like I didn'tdn't. I didn't even know the difference Puerto Rican Dominican. I didn't know nothing about that. I was like Puerto Ricans. I wanted to hang around Puerto Rican I thought they was cool to ship.
Speaker 1: Bush was some of the best port of Spanish I ever had, the best Puerto Ricans, the.
Speaker 2: Best port Ofrian food.
Speaker 1: I about to say you know what I mean, But I would say but in genermal because I had Dominican food in bush Wick as well, So I don't want to just label it Puerto Ricans, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I had like, yeah, I didn't know the difference. Man, It's crazy because like you good, like even you growing up around like even with black people, you know what I'm saying, Like you just the West Indian, you know you and flat, but you got all kind of West hate you like you don't even people don't even really yet, you know what I'm saying. Like even like that's why you give thanks for hip hop too, because it allows us to embrace that.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 2: Other than that, it's like we're just trying to keep it to ourselves.
Speaker 1: Like you don't.
Speaker 3: Know you your your culture is represents you.
Speaker 2: It is dope, right, that's kind of fly.
Speaker 1: I mean that's why I love the fact that y'all even did that record, because the fact is one I knew what y'all was was doing, and I knew, like you know, to be because it's a difference between and I'm sorry for my.
Speaker 2: White people that's here.
Speaker 1: Like sometimes they say that the white people as guested in hip hop and to a certain extent, I understand what that means.
Speaker 2: I understand what you mean.
Speaker 1: But when you're looking at you know, breaking, and you're looking at all that the Puerto Ricans was there, bro, it was bringing out straight paint.
Speaker 2: They was doing everything.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Or so I love the fact that y'all yeah, yeah did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Spanish Hall.
Speaker 3: We students at the games. That's the beauty of us. So we appreciate it.
Speaker 2: And tone touch was like you said, on that way, he's Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's a legends shut out to his documentary, legend legendary DJ Tate and.
Speaker 1: He got his documentary out. You're an interview for it. I didn't make the cut. You didn't make the cut. Miami was a representative shout out should have been on that fact.
Speaker 2: That's a fact. Okay, So I don't feel that bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I still shout out Tony Touches for making that documentary.
Speaker 2: Man, that's big man. I'm gonna change it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: On one time, right, you said the nerves and the calasthetics keep me healthy. You was on that just back a calisthetics do a body justice. I'm listening I'm like better back then.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we was. Again, that's family, that's in you already. You wake up and you do you see your dad is healthy, your brother's health. You want to be what you see, You want to imitate.
Speaker 1: That coming from like being like like Jamaican Caribbean side. What is that called blest bless? I don't know, I'm not Jamaican.
Speaker 2: At one point.
Speaker 6: From that just comes from jumping off to stop early and what you see you want to imitate. And I have strong men in my family. Before it was the streets. It was family already, so doing push ups and my mom's was a minister. My pots was a musician, so it's in the blood and meeting with him it was already workout me.
Speaker 2: I used to box, so it was it was work. It was a thing for me. You got the tattoo ship.
Speaker 6: Came from a uh from Adam, my man potato. I think his son was turning like five, so it was just his potato. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: We don't know anything about my son.
Speaker 6: His son was turned out maybe five or seven. So he had a party in a spot, you know, and there's the adults and the kids, but nobody is really fucking with each other, with them kids and the kids like. So it was like, Yo, you should get there. You should that face painting over there. You should let her put the tyson tattoo.
Speaker 1: The kids I brought you. That's how you break, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So it was it was play. It was it was the paint whatever this ship was.
Speaker 1: But but it's something about drinks was flowing in.
Speaker 3: Was like that ship was like everybody like you fit, you.
Speaker 1: Liked you might just got my dumb ass, like what it like this ship, dude?
Speaker 3: Not that same night that I went and got tested the way Hannah though, when I got Hannah should burnt into.
Speaker 6: That's like it's like a sure and my dumb ass got it in the summer and it actually burnt into my skin. So I was only supposed to lead a he interrupted for like maybe a couple of days being at it burnt in and wasn't even when I watched it away, You've still seeing the I was like, oh nah, my Mom's just like, look, dumb ass, you might just go all the way now. So I went to the joint got it.
Speaker 1: I just did.
Speaker 2: I couldn't go the.
Speaker 1: Whole ship with it.
Speaker 2: So what did Tyson say. When he first saw you, he was like, we're from the same tribe.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you, you gotta shut out to.
Speaker 3: When I got this, we was it wasn't like it is now and the whole abundant of rappers with no face.
Speaker 1: It wasn't at all.
Speaker 6: It was right, So this ain't nothing that was. It still had its meaning to still a warrior ship like the Predators. Very tribal.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's the way it came from. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: So so on one time you said, spoke about the calistatics, talked about being healthy. But this is something I always wanted to ask you to ask both of y'all too. Is that the care us one sample of you? Out of here? Do you ever think about when you're out of here? Is that the same beat? Or I've been bucking for years? Yeah, one time, one time, I don't think it was out yet, out of here, out of him? Okay, So, so did you're telling me Carres one sample job because at the end that that's out of here.
Speaker 2: Beat, it wasn't. I don't think so, so did you?
Speaker 3: My lifeline mister, it's on the one time record, Get miss the Walk, Get mister w on the uh on the phone over here, Well, weal can clear that one out.
Speaker 2: We will definitely know.
Speaker 1: He could tell you either what city he got the record from Timeline.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know now.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: So we came year after.
Speaker 1: Oh so then it could have been possible. Possible, could be the same time.
Speaker 2: It's possible, yeah, hip hop man.
Speaker 6: Then it wasn't. They was chopping and doing everything clear. It wasn't clear or nothing. Man, if you hear it, you hear it. Other than that, it's like, let's go.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of that going on.
Speaker 3: I guess I never even put that together.
Speaker 2: And out of here is my ship too, Like.
Speaker 1: You ever think about when you're out of here?
Speaker 2: That's a creatible. One of my favorite KR Rush joints is was gonna get you.
Speaker 1: I was gonna get you.
Speaker 2: He spoke on that.
Speaker 1: It was like, I was gonna get you millimeter.
Speaker 3: Y.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, I have my kids singing this song in the car like ten years ago.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: That's all they do.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: I'm on point man, A lot of you for years. This this is not new question.
Speaker 6: Were talking about it like yo, this man, nor re brain is is it's a retarded crazy you haven't story inredible man aggressing. And I'm like, we see what it is, and.
Speaker 1: You know what it is like because you know, I got a relationship with your brothers, and you know what I mean, like like I look at your brothers like family. But the thing is, I don't want to ever that to ever come.
Speaker 2: In the way of me being fan.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, because you know what I mean, Like, I really thought about this. I know I'm jumping off the subject, but I looked at I kept looking at carras One the other day, right, and I was like, Yo, if you take hip hop out of cares One, I won't even know who this person is. Just think about that, like the way care rest Walk is hip hop. Like I don't even think he could. I don't think he could do anything, yo. And then when I thought about him, I thought about all of us? Can I say? Yeah? Because I was like, your cast might be like a funny dude without hip hop, Like he might be a weird off, right, And I said, And then I looked in the mirror, I said, how about you. I was like, oh, changing right right, all of us? Right of us?
Speaker 3: Nah, but that could potentially be like an incredible skit, an incredible movie from Who's.
Speaker 1: The Man movie? Remember how Who's the Man? Everyone was in it, everything everyone in it as the person that you would be without Raw and without him a sort movie, you know what I mean, because because because that's everyone's cliche, everyone cliche. If I wasn't a rap, I'll be selling drugs. A lot of y'all lie, that's to buye you know what I'm saying, Like myself, a lot of us would be uber driving. Okay, you know what I mean, nothing wrong with that, you know what I mean? You know I mean telemarket is what I'm saying. I was looking, I was looking.
Speaker 2: I was thinking.
Speaker 1: I was like, listen, this picture, bust a round picture without him, and you know what I mean, Like, I don't think none of us would be the same person we are. But that's the funny thing about the movie is we got to make up the first people in an awkward differences like a multi verse. That is, though I'm glad I got that break, fe that that's been bothering me forever. Yeah, James, James, Yeah, let's talk about wipe your wipe your mouth. Let's talk about that for a second.
Speaker 2: How the funk did y'all come on?
Speaker 1: What is respectful ship with y'all on what kind of what kind of bubble gum was said?
Speaker 2: I mun just be di respectful on this record.
Speaker 6: Best Style, man, it ain't never been a form of transportation exactly.
Speaker 3: Hang reboy projects, Rainbow recipes, slew the big old pen and see you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Didn't Best Browns will have problems at that time. Yeah, that's what makes our relations right.
Speaker 2: Doesn't make me a.
Speaker 1: Us.
Speaker 6: Getting together was at a time when Brownsville was at war with Best Style, but it was Wow, there was still certain niggas that fucked with each other. Wow, from the Style, from the veil, like Roll Road and the Family, all these niggas is still riding with each other because yeah, once you you know who you are, Like you said, you gotta find your.
Speaker 3: Tribe, that straight ship, that straight ship hash it hecktic though it was sketchy, you got to have you had your passport, had to be right as soon as you go up the hill past a certain line and get different.
Speaker 1: But it's a lot of y'all right, and like like you hear the stories of ghost Face and raised neighborhood like going crazy at each other, did y'all like the other members ever?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not, No, No, we carry ourselves differently, man. I mean, you know we're lucky, we're not just exempt. But again again, like we ran with de set like that's that's that was like you really didn't know where these guys would pop out what would call an alley way, but we we was in.
Speaker 1: We was pretty much in the deep SSS was the things back then. That was all a gang for all of Brooklyn. They was huge, bigger than Brooklyn. No bigger than Brooklyn, I'm saying.
Speaker 7: No, he said they were huge, like me, Were there deceps outside of Brooklyn?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Miami where.
Speaker 3: You have it's definitely some deceps in Miami, de House worldwide, some Decepts. Man, London, it's some, it's some you know those just like those was like it's crazy because we came up together, you know what I'm saying, and shout out, shout out to my man vict original original Low lives where Nigga used to run in the.
Speaker 1: Store and get and get busy. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, Bob Low.
Speaker 2: All the pumpkin rest in peace.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we A lot of people would like to say rivalries, but we grew up with them, A lot of a lot of them. Casts grew up in Brownsville. That's where I'm from, So like these are stomping grounds. Like me and Tech really went around neighborhoods. Wasn't those guys that stayed in where your your your your designated spot.
Speaker 1: We was adventurous.
Speaker 3: We was doing ship that we couldn't tell our parents when we got back. My moms ain't have a clue about a lot of stuff. So it's like, man, what it was? What my mom's ain't know? I was decept till like last year, I got somebody was running their mouth or something, and she's like, what.
Speaker 2: She was looking at me?
Speaker 1: You know you can feel somebody.
Speaker 2: Looking at I. I'm like, come on, man, that's it. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: My pops used to be my prop.
Speaker 3: You know, he popped old school, even old school, but to you, we old school. And he used to call he was like, yo, duke duke, and I'm like, yo, you can't say duke in Brownsville. We say son in Brownsville. Duca's violations. You would get beat up for that back in the day you get beat up Browns with a niggas saying son that it was it was petty. But it's like it was, you survived through the petty ship.
Speaker 1: You got past cigarette cigarette.
Speaker 3: It's interesting when you go now is getting their head knocked off for colors and and and and uh, you know, hats and you know things of that nature. But there was always a battleground. Man.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. We came up in that ship.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you aliens come down.
Speaker 3: They already came down. They according to some people that they're.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, they walk in here, you walk into bar plays.
Speaker 7: They came down or came up from the ocean, which one man, there's that they came from.
Speaker 2: Both they came.
Speaker 1: They stuck to you and they say, listen, I want one album to teach me human behavior? Hip hop album? Let people hip one hip hop album?
Speaker 2: What did you get human behavior or whatever?
Speaker 1: Just just how would you what hip hop album would you give? Do you want to get one one to represent humanity? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hip hop at least hip hop humanity.
Speaker 4: Wowsers, I know what I would saying.
Speaker 3: What you were saying, then everything the War Report teachers to call the report.
Speaker 9: They're gonna start attacking us. You're gonna get niggas. I don't want you representing you. Men.
Speaker 6: It's a couple of different avenues you could go. You might even say education of Laurence Hill.
Speaker 2: Mis education and Lauren. That's a good Actually, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: That is a good one.
Speaker 2: That is a good dumb ass, men are not thinking.
Speaker 1: That, you know, Lauren only got one album?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if you're not counting the fujis yet. Yeah, yeah, that's why I said Lauren.
Speaker 1: I ain't say the fuji.
Speaker 7: I mean, but you should count that because she carried those albums as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's not Lauren albums the fuji O. I'm just saying she's a big part of those albums.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one album. It's difficult, man, I think I would. I think I would have to take.
Speaker 1: A drink on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're not drinking on this.
Speaker 1: We're not drinking. You you can.
Speaker 2: Drink round on me.
Speaker 1: I think you said that, you said the War report he taking us the war. Okay, what would you say?
Speaker 2: Damn?
Speaker 7: Man, I'm gonna go with the first Tribe album. I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get the mellow with us man was not to be like I lost my walle to Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: Thinking something about one right because I'm thinking like criminal minded, not criminal minded. But it's like we were talking the other day when he has this song, I don't know what I was, love Loves going to get you?
Speaker 1: Like what album is that on?
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 1: That's gonna get your b DP?
Speaker 3: It would be, it would be And you know, I mean and I only say that because it's something that's like it gotta be well rounded.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: You gotta tell them about the hood. You gotta tell them about the dangers. You gotta get everything. You gotta give him some food from food for thought. You gotta let them enjoy themselves, you know what I mean, Like, don't scare them. But I think does that really well? Like yeah, matic Ellmatic is very intimidating. You think, yeah, man, they come on and come on lit when you come on with that first, I think when it come on, it's yeah, it's very uh, it's very hypnotics. When you start pulling text out the dressers and all that.
Speaker 2: When you start getting like and just the nigger.
Speaker 3: Right, but you but you're dropping gyms, you letting them know it's dangerous but you know I'm going through this.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, it's it's.
Speaker 1: It's I think we just got to give him a mixtape.
Speaker 2: C compilation.
Speaker 3: Man, basic is stressed before leaven Earth. Here you go this, let's get Tony touch. No, no, you're gonna need that. You're gonna need to get the full the full meal.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: You could pick songs that would be interesting, but you know, if you can, albums would because there's something I guess the album would have to be a no.
Speaker 1: Skipper, right, you can't have to be a no skipper. No skipper's representing humanity. Yeah, so if they skip, we fu Yeah, what is this bullship? What is this bullshit? That one?
Speaker 2: They must die?
Speaker 1: They're not worried, you know, damn so ill Kane asked Kane the other day, and I was like, I was like, yeah, you know, like some of your lyrics, like you couldn't you couldn't have got away with it different times, different times. Now, there was a specific lyrics that we heard before you got here. We didn't I'm not gonna mention I mentioned one. No, No, we didn't mention the one. I'm not mentioning, all right, I mentioned he said he said, Damn, I wouldn't have been able to get.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say it that y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all tell me if you have one of your own lyrics, K said, He said, I think from eight to eighty, blind, crippled, and great.
Speaker 2: You didn't repeat that again?
Speaker 1: This is a horlee. Yeah, I stop repeating it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's it, that's it.
Speaker 1: It's history. And listen, I love is my my my one record. I hate and as I get the job done, and that's that's work.
Speaker 2: That is from that same.
Speaker 1: Work, that's the same joy. So I analyzed that way too much. No, man, but is there any lyrics that you have for back then that you was like, man, you listen to now and be like, man, I got a couple.
Speaker 3: Like wait a minute, but absolutely then. I can't think of that specific personally, but I listened to some ship and I'm like, damn, Like you know, you it be lines where you use lines, or you use a word a lot sh yourself using the words. Like we had a meeting in the studio one time it was like, yo, we stopped putting words that you can't use.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine that?
Speaker 3: That's like, yeah, man, it was difficult, but but you.
Speaker 2: Start seeing the pattern.
Speaker 3: He was like, oh shit, you gotta start spanning your vocabulary a little bit. Like you start sounding you got these cruis. You start sounding and like black woman starting the West, ohc starts sounding like healthy skeelter, Like that's gonna that's whack.
Speaker 2: You're gonna rents after that.
Speaker 3: And it's a good challenge, man, Or just read some books that Sean Prices say, read some books these scholastic packs. Man, niggas need to can't be afraid of knowledge. Man, you gotta get smart. Man, it's gonna it's gonna help you thank me later.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Sorry about somebody you know? Unique? Sean Price was what try invited them to come see me in my hood, right and I told him it's a barbecue. So he came. But he was like but but he was like, I'm on raba dog came. He came to a barbecue, a.
Speaker 2: Gatorade go together. You being on in the barbecue. I was clear as a barbecue. You know how unique he was.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was like, yo, I could never imitate this moment right here.
Speaker 2: Like when I just sat with him, it was what you say is what you get yeah, and he can be smiling. Would you would be dead? SIMI At the same time, like he wasn't afraid.
Speaker 1: That Richard Pryor man.
Speaker 6: Tell you what was on his mind and why it was on his mind, and it ain't really too much you can do about it after that.
Speaker 1: Like I used to hang out with this kid and I'm not gonna say his name, but he knows who he is. And I used to tell him. I used to say, yo, man, every rapper is talking about Rose, every rapper is talking about fucking drinking Ace of Spade, every rapper is talking about and this this kid couldn't even buy back a weed. And I was like, why don't you just embrace that? Embrace the fact that the broken rapperver brokeus rapper ever and when like Sean Price did it, but you know that he had opportunities and places that that other people did. I always told this artist. I was like, yo, do this from the beginning, you know what I mean, Like, do you think people should live their truths like that?
Speaker 6: Keep it in the heart you haven't made Once you recognize who you are in the mirror, is gonna make your life easier to live with and.
Speaker 7: Deal with and I think that's hip hop authenticity to me is genuinely to be hip hop.
Speaker 6: But just because that's where you start at, that don't mean where you're going to end up. It you're going to start then eventually what you want or speaking into existing is gonna come along your path.
Speaker 1: But you have to start where you at.
Speaker 6: You can't just you ain't waking up in unless a brink truck falling in front of your crib turning over you.
Speaker 2: Other than that, you got to accept who you are and walk that way.
Speaker 3: And it's it's not it's not a it's no rule that says hip hop has to talk about opulence, you know, like it's it's a it's it's a it's a creative tool, like it's a tool that's used for.
Speaker 2: Expression, however you expressed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we had we listened to the Hall, the Hall, remember that the Hall?
Speaker 1: What is that his dis record yesterday becaus eminem.
Speaker 3: Ship.
Speaker 2: I mean, and he created a whole persona.
Speaker 1: I mean himself as well.
Speaker 3: That's really definitely so, I mean it doesn't work for everybody. Now, what's real is that you got some sharks out here, like you got dudes like common and black thought like these guys can put some words together and meaningful words, you know what I mean. You got a guy like three thousand like one and clearly are argument one of the top guy.
Speaker 2: You can't even put him on the throw on the list. You got to take him to when the aliens can bring on.
Speaker 3: And right.
Speaker 1: Andre is so cool. He's like he eyeing his clothes in seven years and none of us said nothing. None of us said, that's like yeah, like he sleep under the bed.
Speaker 2: Nobody here like nobody. He's an artist.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like the creative aspect, and I like that. I like the journey too. I like the journey because sometimes sometimes when you're talking to real it seems fake.
Speaker 2: You're putting on the.
Speaker 3: Show and you're doing it and it's like you you're an a I, but you're a real nigga.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. I don't I don't go together for me.
Speaker 3: So like for me, Sean Price showed me another side of being honest, you know, like so and so so so it's like how you deal with your your younger pride, be honest, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's not really like that for me and it's not bad.
Speaker 3: Like growing up in the ghetto, we thought we was poor. But you you're eating every day some of us. You know what I'm saying. I grew up with both of my parents. My mom's in my paw. It was it was, it was, it was, it was, it was, it was. It was that was that's rich, that's rich, that's valuable, that's wealthy.
Speaker 1: It was crazy. It was crazy in the crib behind them doors, it was it was.
Speaker 2: It was. It was showtime appreciated.
Speaker 3: It seemed like it was life. I'm looking at photographs. I see pictures. I had stuff I ain't have. I ain't had a shelter ads, but I had the other ones, you.
Speaker 2: Know with the five strikes. No, I had the soft toes.
Speaker 3: I mean you know yeah, it took me a minute from school, Like you gotta appreciate that, man, I don't know, like you got you got, you got you gotta think about like you ship man. We influenced by guys like ro Kim that really was teaching us while we was, like he said, thinking of a mask.
Speaker 2: He wasn't was sweating.
Speaker 7: Side crazy that he wasn't cursing.
Speaker 3: It was so it was it was it was, it was, it was, it was hypnotic. You didn't pay attention. You ain't even kid for you didn't miss it. You didn't miss it exactly. So he was telling the journey of every little kid that went outside that ain't had no bread.
Speaker 2: What I'm gonna do today? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You kicking rocks, kicking cans, and you might get into some trouble around as soon as you've been that left. You see thunning them over there, You're like, oh man, should.
Speaker 1: I go over there?
Speaker 2: Should I go to the sandparm?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: So you you want to you you you adventure, you know which way you want to go? You know.
Speaker 7: Before we get out of here, though, cause I know we're gonna get out one more I want to get one thing off. Is that thank y'all for being on my twenty fifteen album.
Speaker 1: Oh man.
Speaker 2: Every time I when it goes.
Speaker 7: Back to mixtapes, just doing mixtapes, they always showed up like you guys did as well, y'alllwys showed up. And then when it came to my doing my first album, my studio album, y'all showed up and Sean P showed up, Yes, and I actually wanted to do the video and then he passed shortly, you know, after recording the record that he did for me.
Speaker 2: So thank y'all. Man, appreciate y'all, thank you, Thank you all.
Speaker 1: A part of like the two man groups right now, the back and forth. Who do y'all think in the two man group? Who is the ultimate back and forth two man when they're going back and forth with let's talking about in and out? You know, you know what I'm saying aside from us, I.
Speaker 2: Mean you canna say, y'all, yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, I mean it's from I like to answer in the fact. Aside from us, it would be like, oh, damn't think about it. I got saying that one studio and that was when you say the tortures was.
Speaker 1: Handed handed down. They was. It was like here you go definitely like you say one word.
Speaker 7: Damn okay, and then you reinvent styles because then you have y'all.
Speaker 1: And then M O.
Speaker 3: P came with it crazy with it. You know, wow, energy is hike it up. I mean true say run d M C had.
Speaker 1: M come on man sucking up. It was that, but it wasn't. I ain't gonna lie. I don't think run was going and now.
Speaker 2: They was doing it.
Speaker 1: They was doing I'm saying, no, no, no, no, I'm saying in and out is we're having the same conversation. Like I'm saying, what's something he's saying, I'm here, you know what I mean, like very specific with it. That's what that's that's why you want us to DJ you.
Speaker 2: Know, say B E. P. M. D.
Speaker 3: Smith and Western l o X. Yeah, no disrespect l o X. I see the back and forth with them like that. Man, I mean, they gladiate this man. So when they when they do the back and forth.
Speaker 2: To me, you say you like the better individually. I suppose that.
Speaker 1: I'm going, Okay, I can.
Speaker 4: See it sounds you know, I like, I like the different you back and forth.
Speaker 1: One one don't sound like the other. Like one.
Speaker 2: But that's what's killing ship too.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 7: I don't think they get enough enough respective they should now today right and they were hell do especially right he does effects on drink Champ.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but I'm gonna agree with y'all on the in and out on the internet. I actually believe that, you know, because me just listening to the camaraderie out of camaraderie, camaraderie. Always I'm listening to it's like I know the difference in the voice patterns, but it still takes me a minute, like which which means that y'are class.
Speaker 2: The difference between me and poem.
Speaker 1: Poem's voice is so much deeper than minds or mine's stupid than his, and his is like a little like you know what I mean? So you at the same No, that was in the disc that was like because it's like almost scratch, yeah almost almost, Like how like if you deep is pretty much the same like you gotta but like sometimes this ship is hot, My ship is deep, all right? Joint how you approached the Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'll be hearing some I'll be hearing some joints. It is like, damn, that's that ship kind of came out pretty good. But then also like you gotta think, like we spent some time in the in the in the in the dugout watching Black Boom, and although it's a group, it's three men, it's it's one of the men is a lead.
Speaker 2: He's the lead of the group.
Speaker 3: He's doing primarily all of the hits, all of the song Buckshot is doing all the hits, right, So we're sitting there going there, how do we coming different? Like what's our anger? Yeah, what's our anger? We're just gonna come and rap and rap like that's kind of corny like. So we're sitting there all the time, we get to formulate how we're going to do it. So our next our next up is to come like boom. So I think the first know the first song was was was was all.
Speaker 1: On Black Moore album.
Speaker 3: Alright, Blacksmiths, So we had to just shoot. We just had to shoot like boom. But then it's like, you know, you the man. So being a group, we always get like like one nigga take a stail, y'all got twelve bars together. Everybody else get you know what I mean, they get the bus. But we always had to share our bars. And that was the same way like the D N D D and D all start wanting to and pass it.
Speaker 1: That was a dope breaker.
Speaker 2: That was a dope breaker.
Speaker 3: That was incredible. That was incredible to be a part of, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So that's developed it when like short versus and they say you gotta share.
Speaker 3: That was one thing that helped us to develop it. Sitting there and just like you had admitted work because you got it. I wasn't even rapping, so it was I just gotta feed off of it.
Speaker 1: And I can't believe that part that wasn't rapping at all. Before my very first rap, I wasn't thinking about rap at all.
Speaker 2: We was face man, but he's like easy.
Speaker 1: We didn't.
Speaker 2: We didn't so much in the culture right school with a Craig G.
Speaker 1: Wow from Boklyn went to school your school what.
Speaker 2: The school now we.
Speaker 1: Went to. Our high school was in graphic art printing in Hell's kitchen. Oh okay, in the city. So yeah, that's what Craig g.
Speaker 6: Gemini, the gifted one who Rack Kim would come through soclonas we would see heavy body.
Speaker 1: I said, I came through the school.
Speaker 2: He didn't go to THEO.
Speaker 1: He just came pull up with the the.
Speaker 6: The bends with the big Amazon and the gold joints right in front of the joint hate chains on.
Speaker 2: You like I did that, Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: It was like that's effects would would pull up here, pull the big benches in the park man, Brooklyn, and one of them is Brooklyn the Jersey Jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah what you said is Jersey and Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, salute to Jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like b q A Brooklyn queens.
Speaker 1: When you come over to Jerseys in Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: We was we was in California with park I was getting called from my man was in railway in Jersey in the prison. He was like, I heard y'all out there with with the big homie, like the niggas.
Speaker 1: Hot.
Speaker 3: No, but it's like news travel. We came from an era where news travel. We don't know how it got there, but news would travel.
Speaker 1: So you know, niggas in prison get the news before the streets that y'all have passed out on the beat that y'all regretted, Like someone will ever get y'all.
Speaker 6: I don't think so, because we don't complain. Whatever you put in front of us. We're gonna dis man, We're gonna do what we do to it.
Speaker 2: We munch man.
Speaker 3: We we are we are called special change. We the special change that the boot can't click.
Speaker 1: Track masters gave me jigga jigger. It was no thinking.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I was like no that. I was like that that wouldn't have.
Speaker 3: But you know, not that era there is there is like when when when when your men for real came on the scene. It was a time when Fab five was working on an album and I think he gave them, gave something. Yeah, this is early for real, so nobody know what Son.
Speaker 1: Was getting on tight shirt. You couldn't understand.
Speaker 3: And this is when this is when it was given consents. Yeah, so I forgot what beat it was. I think it was a beat that came out later on. It was used by Chalice Kalise single Hate You So Much. It was that beat, but it was just that plane.
Speaker 7: Is this before super Thun Yeah, because he was doing Browns and.
Speaker 2: Record right there. It's incredible.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: What for me too?
Speaker 1: That was she had to beat not the intro and not not not the intro, not.
Speaker 17: The hook and what's name remixed now? Like just for the Phantom Phantom of the Beats gave us, Yeah, Phantom of the Beats from Dwellers know that selling Dwellers from Blue Cheese something.
Speaker 3: Shout out the Dwellers too. But he gave us I don't know what was working. Yeah, yeah, but he gave us Magic Stick, that's yeah. He gave us Noah Fantom.
Speaker 1: You know, we had Lil Wayne and t Payne joint get money. Oh yeah, we switched that.
Speaker 4: We did the joy with Shorty Low because what's the name of playing skills?
Speaker 1: Gave it to us.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you one thing though, like hanging out with Pok Park is a beast and it's crazy because you got to think, like, yes, he was very young, right, but in the studio he was like when we was out there with him, He's like, yo, who got beats?
Speaker 2: Anybody could have beats at that time. You never know, he.
Speaker 3: Might have changed it later on, but you you didn't know at the time that he was stacking up.
Speaker 2: It's like he knew what was going to happen.
Speaker 1: Want to say, he worked like he knew he was going to go.
Speaker 3: I have one hundred and fifty three hundred songs after Like, so, when we got back from dealing with this cat, I had got a I got a job at.
Speaker 2: At Duckdown as an a n R. It was a short, short gig.
Speaker 3: I loved it. I think I was power tripping firing niggas, was firing niggas. I was like, yeah, taking niggas lawyers out there. They're like, still come on, man, but you know, it's all for the it's all for the for the for the family. But we we had like I had an opportunity. I was taking meets with producers and I was like buying a lot of beats and niggas like, yo, fam, we not we don't need all of those beats.
Speaker 1: Let me get those five beats. Bro, Like.
Speaker 2: We got mad, Well, we got mad.
Speaker 3: You're thinking about what you're doing, makes sense how you feel today. I don't know what we're gonna make when we're going to spot Like, come on, man, now we are a part where we could we could pick and choose like that. We it ain't like when we got an hour. We just gotta make it happen. We gotta to the to the gates. It was like, yo, what we're working on, were in here till some mood.
Speaker 6: Even in the studio hours different today than an hour was back then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Now reconcent in an hour, that's a fact.
Speaker 2: Going work now, it's like, all right, hold on, let me go smoke.
Speaker 1: Some of it. Yeah. Man, the last question, right, both of y'all together as a team, get to write one rime for one person anybody you want a ghost, right for some ghost, right for one person? Anybody you wanted to be who would it be ghost? Right for someone you paid all the money you want in the world, the world to know what not? It's on you. But who would you pick?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That ain't even a fair question.
Speaker 1: Damn hip hop have to be hip hop alive day. They gotta be whoever it is as broad as it could be.
Speaker 2: That's all live. Whoever a wrap damn.
Speaker 1: Record, you gotta be. You gotta go in and out?
Speaker 2: Why are you thinking of that better? Two people? He made it more difficult.
Speaker 1: You got in and out.
Speaker 2: Damn rap ship. I need to call my lifeline.
Speaker 1: Damn damn.
Speaker 2: It has to be for this day and age.
Speaker 1: If their prime, yeah, they're probably Yeah, any buddy, anybody from any given moment in history.
Speaker 2: Damn you want to be like turn Yeah, it could be done.
Speaker 6: Nah, because for me, like Boom being g rapper is my favorite rappers. If I could have rolled something for g wrap the head the list O that lyrics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're writing in what you just said. It has to be two people that I just said that.
Speaker 2: That's what I said.
Speaker 1: I was making it easier for you. That's kind of impossible, man, for two people, because you gotta find a duel don't don't do the du don't do individual g rappers. Then who would you have?
Speaker 3: See I'm kind of like a damn crank a nerve, right, So it's like I don't really I respect the ghost writers, but I don't really believe in that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hypothetically, you can just than anybody in the world, anybody whether they're dead alive, nobody cares about and whatever.
Speaker 2: Meverse if I could, if I what.
Speaker 3: If Marvin Gay put a joint of melody of it with a rip, this would.
Speaker 1: Be It's.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's keep that's all right. We're gon we're gonna go simplify. We're gonna simplify. I got I got to, I got to And this is this is the politically correct ship from me. It's right, Uh, because I was gonna go on somebody some some some ball marty ship Gil Scott had wrong, I.
Speaker 1: Would have been perfect.
Speaker 3: That's what That's what I want, that's what that's the that's my initial that's the first thing that came.
Speaker 1: To my mind. That's perfect.
Speaker 3: Scott, deal with give some comments on that, right, what.
Speaker 1: Like with your mind?
Speaker 3: But then I'm like, damn, what be what'll be the illest thing conceptually to do is the ghost right for my son? Right? My son want to get into the game. He thinks he wanted to get into the game. Right, But what stories does a child has if he can't if he ain't talking about opulence, if he ain't talking about the things they have or the chicks or whatever.
Speaker 2: What age is your son at this point?
Speaker 3: My son right now? Is my son right now is twenty five years old?
Speaker 1: Okay? Right?
Speaker 3: So but he's he grew up in He grew up in Queens. He had a backyard and front yard.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It wasn't no decept coming up to the school.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he ain't coming to trenches.
Speaker 3: He wasn't he would you know he was born in Brooklyn or you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Whatever than that, Like what what's what's the stories? Right? What you're talking about? I would? I would?
Speaker 3: It would be interesting, Like I like, I like when Styles and his son did that project, I was like, oh, I want to do that.
Speaker 2: That's like that's like a younger you you're talking to.
Speaker 3: Like without stepping on toes, like without mm hmm. Yeah, you know, how could you put that together?
Speaker 1: If it's me and Capone. I want lining Richie oh? And who and leonon Richie? Oh? I forgot who was the other one? Smokey Robinson? Who's smoking? Who's lane? Doesn't matter? They both call, and then of course m J and Prince. Hey, god, Prince got I want them to do bang bang over. That seems a little weird though, No, nothing new phone time, not a new phone time over your son.
Speaker 13: That's something jail. Sure we wanted to do that.
Speaker 2: Prince when he says bang, mak.
Speaker 3: Me that kind of hello, that's a ring of ship, you know, that's.
Speaker 2: It's about to be fed up.
Speaker 1: I always wanted I always wanted to do that as a record. I always wanted to do, like I write your rhyme, you write minds as a record.
Speaker 2: Like y'all never did that. You never wrote rhyme.
Speaker 1: He wrote yours as a record like Yeah, But I always wanted to do that as a record. But I wouldn't right as me. But you gotta listen. I wouldn't write as me I have. I would want to write as I'm saying. That's what y'all. Let us we sit there and I say, y'all gonna write yours? You right mind? But you're not writing for you. You're right and me we're telling people, look, he wrote my ship. I wrote my ship, you know what I mean, like always like to bug out like this wasn't no ghost writer ship that we sat here.
Speaker 3: We were done every We've done every way to write.
Speaker 1: You know, everybody all partner's done yo.
Speaker 2: Check and I wrote this ship.
Speaker 1: I just say that ship right there, it's gonna fit.
Speaker 4: Like I don't given who group you are, you know, took somebody a part the ship. Like that's just the best thing about blessing about being a group.
Speaker 1: Yeah you gohost whiteness. No, no, that ship don't count.
Speaker 2: Right right, Put that ship aside. Man, we're making it.
Speaker 3: We were all working towards to the goal and make some fly ship and put that out in the universe and that that's like but but but it's like it's like when you go from the analog to the digital and when you think about like like I.
Speaker 1: Love You song.
Speaker 3: We was in the studio where I Love you torow marriage. Yeah, the marriage joint, you know, the piano chairs, the one.
Speaker 1: Seater, that ship shine forever, I shan that's.
Speaker 2: What that's what everybody calls it.
Speaker 1: That everybody, I know what everybody called. It took us a half an hour looking for that ship. He was like, Sean, I was looking at it. It's don't look for that. It's yeah, I'm sucking on somebody.
Speaker 3: You you forced into that into that that that that that setting where it's like, yo, you got one book, right, and you were sitting there facing each other, you know, you in this cell of sorts and you have to go, yo, boom, here's a one line here here mm hmm yeah boom. Or you might get hot. You might write three, you know, right, so you cover that one. I'm gonna cover this here, put that finished, finish the balls off, go go spliff. You know what I'm saying. It's like, Yo, it feels magical. Then when you see that ship, it's like seamless. You know, it's like, okay, it ain't or somebody just write a whole He might just get hot and be like ya, I got twelve, Just put like four to that. We bust up the front, or you know what I mean, whatever, we got autonomy.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 3: And you know that is one of those moments where you have you want to say some fantabolist ship.
Speaker 2: But you ain't got enough breath. You're like, yo, son, come right here, right here, on this.
Speaker 1: In and outgat fan.
Speaker 2: I caught that. I caught that.
Speaker 3: I caught.
Speaker 2: I caught slang. When I hear it's like that was my word. Give me your everything.
Speaker 1: Just yes, but listen, man, brothers, man, you know what I mean. I was so thankful, Like I said, man, I looked at my brother Poem Graham and y'all was together, and I was and it just was so dope.
Speaker 2: And I just you know what I mean, I hate, I hit you up.
Speaker 1: I hate I came up and I definitely you know one or two as men man like you guys mean so much to hip hop, what you guys have done, and you know it's crazy, like you guys come from a whole camp. You don't sound like them. You guys have always been original. You guys have done. You guys are true legends icons. And I wanted to give you guys, y'all flowers. I wanted to give guys y'all props. I wanted to tell you how much you mean, how dope you are, and how how much you continue to do this. Hopefully we get a two man fu tall you know what I mean as as just a top head. How dope it is to have two of the greatests.
Speaker 3: It doesn't get greater than that. But this is this is this also, man, thank you brother, because it's like like hip hop has allowed us to go. We bridging gaps, We bridging gap, We're building bridges. And like when when Noriega calls text for Smith and Wesson on the Jackie, like, Yo, what you're.
Speaker 2: Doing next week? Where we need to be bro?
Speaker 3: Like that's incredible, bro, Like they have that great you're wanted that timeline.
Speaker 1: Family, But there's got nothing to do with being family. Just got everything to do with hip hop. Man. You guys deserve your flowers so much, man, Like, how kid you not like like although, like you know, I probably like a year or two probably younger than y'all. I feel like y'all still raised me with the music because I knew y'all music before I knew y'all to.
Speaker 2: See what I'm saying. So I'm just sitting there.
Speaker 1: Identifying with the music and listen.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: First, I swore, I swore, I was, I swore from Brooklyn Earlier, I was walking like.
Speaker 3: That's one thing I love about boot Camp too, because there's so many of us. If we listened to other cast music, everybody and and it's funny because we used to imitate all the cast that we like. Wow, we used to imitate everybody that we like, you know what I'm saying, And like eventually, you know, we were talking about that earlier. Because we're gonna borrow some of your ship, you might hear, like, wait a minute, y'all.
Speaker 1: Man, we want to give y'all, y'all flowers man and shout out, oh GC, y'all.
Speaker 2: Moon, get out here. What's next for y'all?
Speaker 3: Like, oh, man, right now, we're working on album number eighth right with the ninth one done the Soul Council, So that's like, want to do the whole it's one of the ninth got a squad called the Soul Counsel.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's uh he banks uh here.
Speaker 3: He got the new Young Boy what's the Young Boy soundtracks? That's a beast man and yo. One thing about working with these guys, man, it's like when you go down to the to the to the studio, it reminds me of d N D D D Any You're going to see anybody. Yeah, no roaches, but it's a lot of takeout food ship.
Speaker 2: All over you know what I'm saying, like cleaning up like but it's like home. Ain't no egos there, bro like everybody in there. This is New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody in there is a monster like you think about d n D we ain't know. Niggas is from Queen Niggas from now, he's from booklets, from hongs, from the Bronx, And everybody is about to be the biggest most They about to be Titans. And we all in here playing pool, smoking reefer incredible machine.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I wanted to what's the machine that you get your snicker bars out of? Machine? Phillies and Chasles, what's that?
Speaker 2: This is a This is a book that I wrote. Come on to talk about this, Come on.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: It's a book of poetry, right, poems. And I use artwork from some this is like fans, some of the fans that you know painted did some paintings that I'm gonna put include the fans in the work as well. And I try to use something I jacked the U Tupac scroll, put my own handwriting and the things I just wanted to make it like engaging for the people. Like you always had the wraps, you always had the tough guys. But sometimes you don't get to like, you know, just get into some abstract and parents and get.
Speaker 2: Niggas to read too.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you need to be sell books for everybody. I just sawed my book deal too. I don't even know what I'm gonna call it. Yeah, I'm gonna call that ship. Reading is overrated. It's gonna be seven Centizy'll look at in the book that's gonna be mad pictures, people FM, Resource Room, niggas, anybody, especially educase. We don't want to read Instagram. We don't want to read, y'all. I'm sorry you not listen to me. No, kids don't watch the show anyway. Drink business your parents up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like twelve thing.
Speaker 3: They don't what you right, man, just write something. Yeah, I'm bugging out, said yo. We he put out a We put out a Bible, right, and you know hip hop. A lot of people lost their mind. He's like, what does this guy think he's doing?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: But he's like, yo, everybody should write a book to that.
Speaker 3: Like when the Bible Saint James King, James Joint It's like you had this nice seeing council. Right, you have all of these different people from all these different lands bringing their books.
Speaker 2: What does that sound like to you? If not hip hop?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Everybody everybody's head. That was deep but we all allowed no.
Speaker 3: But it's no, it's there's no gate kid that same I respected write a book, that book from there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: We love that. We would love to see that.
Speaker 3: Nobody behind the scenes, not nobody coming and telling our story, us telling our story.
Speaker 1: That's right, We got to tell our own story.
Speaker 7: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production in association with Interval Presents.
Speaker 2: Hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e.
Speaker 7: FN from Interval Presents executive producers Alan Coy and Jake Kleinberg. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours Truly, dj e FN and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms. At the Real Noriagon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e FN on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com