Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it. Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started.
Speaker 2: I've even used.
Speaker 3: Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started. Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 4: Welcome to our two of Kentucky Sports Radio, presented by a Stockton Mortgage. Now Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: Welcome back out number two Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 5: If I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven, text machine seven seven two seven, TEPN four five two five four Here, it's ks bar and grill. You can come have lunch Trivius tonight at seven o'clock. You got your team, I've got a team, and I'm looking to expand, looking to expand. I've invited Hubby and Sarah see if they can come. We need to put the pressure on.
Speaker 2: Which I'm gonna try to pop in. You even gonna stop by for a little bit, would you like to? You probably could get a couple of people here to like, a couple of people in the listening on its play on your team.
Speaker 6: I'm good, I'm good, you know, but they might have a lot of knowledge. They probably have a lot more knowledge of me. I like to keep my circle tight.
Speaker 2: You have to keep your like to keep your circle tied.
Speaker 7: You don't want too many voices.
Speaker 5: Play sometimes when you playing tonight, you don't play you but you do play sometimes, don't you know?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, buffet parties. I thought you thought you did you get your questions ready? All right? No? But I will have them by seven o'clock. Yeah, so I'm uh, I'm ready to go. It's the third to last quick get close to the championship.
Speaker 5: Yes, so it should be should be fun real, just some breaking news.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you don't need to use them. No, it's not that big.
Speaker 5: But Lawrence Taylor, so Abdul Carter plays for the Giants. He got picked by the Giants third. He's sworn fifty six all his life. Lawrence Taylor what played for the Giants was number fifty six and they retired his his jersey.
Speaker 2: So Abduel Carter asked.
Speaker 5: Lawrence Taylor, Hey, man, uh, it would be an honor if you would let me wear your number fifty six jersey.
Speaker 2: Lawrence Taylor just today said no, okay, So what do we think is that poor form by Lawrence Taylor?
Speaker 5: I mean he asked you nicely, said it would be an honor. Said, because he's a linebacker like Lawrence Taylor, I could I could uh follow in your footsteps.
Speaker 2: Aleen with a here?
Speaker 7: I mean, would you retire my jersey for what if the guy ends up being a bust? Why am I gonna give come out of retirement just for him? Not knowing he's a sure thing, but don't you look like the man if you would. And this happened with the Titans. People were wondering if cam Ward would get number one because he's wanted at every level, and Warren Moon surprised him at the press conference and gave it to him. But there was no debate because it's sound like Warren Moon wasn't gonna do it. He ended up doing it. So in the same draft you have one legend gave it up to it to Ward and the other lt is hanging on to it.
Speaker 6: I kind of lean war with the Warren Moon move if the one can be the bigger person. I mean, when when is the last when we're gonna talk about Lawrence Taylor ever again? You know he was his he's in the Hall of Fame, but we haven't mentioned Lawrence Taylor the whole time I've been on this show.
Speaker 2: It's like the number three pickching.
Speaker 5: And it's not just some goober asking right, like this is a dude who's supposed.
Speaker 2: To be a star.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was asked nicely, he declined nicely, has high number. We retired it, it's gonna stay retired.
Speaker 2: You're not retire I feel like the retirement number. If they retire my microphone one day and there's a guy who or a man or woman who's hired, that's like, you know, considered to be number one on the depth chart at UK Journalism. Michael Fou, I'll let them use the microphone. It's gonna be broken like all the other equipment here, but I would let them use it. Okay, So our Oaks horse, Yes, all right. First of all, let me let me do the read and then let's talk about the Oak Okay, because this is the read. You know I told you about Commonwealth, the platform that lets you have the thrill of owning shares of a race horse.
Speaker 5: We are in the Oaks. This group one the Derby with Mage in twenty twenty three. They're no joke and simply joking is offered by grantly Acres and available exclusively on Commonwealth. So you go to Joincommonwealth dot com or get the app. It's Commonwealth and you can be a part of the ownership group. Use the code KSR. And here's the fun part. If you use the code, they're holding a drawing for two hundred and fifty in share credit for EE. Anybody that uses the code. Nice, so you have a chance to even get more horse.
Speaker 2: Uh, visit Joincommonwealth dot com today yesterday A huge amount of you did it literally, like I think a couple hundred or more people added with the code, and some of you forgot to put in the code. Put in the code so you can win the money, right, you go to Joincommonwealth dot com.
Speaker 5: It's simply joking. There's also another horse so jaded but simply joking. LC and j so Jaded Nation are the issuancers. We are compensated for the share of this offering with you. It's not an offer solicitation. New invest securities are offered under regulation CF exemption and are not registered with the sec or state authorities. Please review all offering material materials at app dot Joincommonwealth dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they're bringing.
Speaker 5: Us the hats, yes, all right, nice, I've been I've been doing research on this.
Speaker 2: Simply joke. This is a simply beautiful Philly and you're not joking. Let me ask you a question. So a philly's a woman. What is a mayor? That's a male? Or is that a kid? No, that's that's a female. Yeah it's a mom. Okay, but what's the difference between a Philly and a mayor. Philly is the young, the young female, and the mayor is the older female.
Speaker 7: Yah, fully matured.
Speaker 2: So you you become a Philly to become a So it's like being a girl and a woman. I think so. So the Philly is a girl, the mayor is a woman. Yes, what a cult? What's a cult? Young boy? Young boy? And then what's a stallion? Older boy? So it's a cult to stallion. Huh, Philly to mate? You got it? So we have a Philly, We have a Philly, beautiful Philly. I was looking at the pictures last night. If you go to the app, there's pictures of the Philly galloped, okay, and I noticed stride looks great. Oh I was worried about the stride one from the other. I feel like it goes in the right order. How's her workout? Oh great? Yeah, fast into She was focused ten to one, which is good.
Speaker 5: Now when they when people start betting a lot, who knows what happened to odds could go up or down? I think right now, fourth or fifth choice, which is which actually is good?
Speaker 2: You know there's a heavy favorite in this race. We don't like.
Speaker 5: That that horse. Okay, that horse is that horse is a communist. Well, but we're gonna come we're other horses. All right, Well, horse play here saying.
Speaker 2: Okay to talk trash to the other horse.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're gonna talk all the trash to every horse.
Speaker 5: But we're ready for simply joking. And uh, I think you know, here's a chance. I think of what happens if if we win. First of all, we'll have her party.
Speaker 2: Oh yes.
Speaker 5: Secondly, uh, what's the you know you do roses for the derby?
Speaker 2: What do you get for? Is it lily? I'm gonna put on a coat of lily.
Speaker 7: You are if we win? If we win the oaths I looked up. I'm more of a lineage. That's how I know how my horses are doing. And tell me about the parents. The sire, which is the dad is practical joke, mom, Mom was imply I feel like they did good things.
Speaker 2: I liked.
Speaker 7: I remember when they got together.
Speaker 2: Practical joke in all seriousness is like one of the really good sires, you know, male, It was like, practical jokes is kind of like the Elon musk.
Speaker 5: Just keep producing, Okay, children left and right of the.
Speaker 7: Of the of the world and Grand Sire, which is the thing was into the mischief, into Mischief.
Speaker 2: So I really like I like the song into the Mystic see.
Speaker 7: I just I'm big on the generations before U the horses too, and I like the lineag cheer like the family treat So uh Walt Whitman, the.
Speaker 2: Trainer Whitworth, there's a story about him in the in the Courier today.
Speaker 5: He also has a horse in the derby. So this is his chance to kind of get a one two punch in Kentucky. And so I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 7: I know his brother He texted me after the show said he liked the excitement. If we wanted to go early, brother, yeah, oh, we'll tell him to. We know the family. He invited us early in the morning to know go see, I said.
Speaker 5: They they invited us Thursday morning to go for the workout at five thirty am.
Speaker 2: I respectfully decline, thank.
Speaker 7: You for the tune, said, we're not We're more of the afternoon rides.
Speaker 5: I was like, when they take a more leisurely ride later in the day. I say this all the time, Shannon, why do these horses have to get up so e?
Speaker 2: I don't know the race is at six o'clock. Yeah, why not work them out when the races? Why do they work them out so early in the morning.
Speaker 4: I gotta blame the trainers. The trainers are the one probably wasting.
Speaker 2: Them what they all do. Explain to me why they do that.
Speaker 6: I can understand doing it during a meat because their horses are racing in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: But during the non meat times, why are they still racing? So is that why they do it. Maybe it's the only time they can get the track. That may be what it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but like what about like in August when Churchill Down is not running or whatever, why do they still got to run early in the morning.
Speaker 2: Horses ours people are very early morning people. And that that's not me. It's the hardest thing about the industry to me.
Speaker 7: Well, just in sports really, Like last night, I'm watching the Warriors, Like no one said you want to come watch Steph Curry breakfast and stretch and so I'm good, I'll wait for the real thing. I'll trust you that he's.
Speaker 5: The Warriors don't practice at six am. They practice later in the day. Kobe used to you'd work out like a.
Speaker 7: Five Frederick Douglas football another example, they wake me up, what are we doing? The game's not the seven.
Speaker 5: Yesterday I had some people write me they were watching the Netflix show.
Speaker 2: These are people in the horse industry, huh.
Speaker 5: And they were like, I don't like that the that the Netflix show focused on these people, Ripoli and the Tayan Miami guy. They're not representative of the industry. And I wanted to write those people and say, but that's the point.
Speaker 2: They're entertaining. I mean, this is it TV show. Like, they don't just want people who are like yep, I like quatching that goal horse, like, they want people who are big personalities because they're trying to bring in people. So I think it's good for the industry.
Speaker 5: Like you want a dude like the Miami guy so that people can hate him, and you know that's what you want.
Speaker 2: I finished it last night.
Speaker 6: The first three episodes with those two guys in it are much better than the last three episodes that they're not in because they're just entertaining.
Speaker 2: Dude, they're entertaining, Like Kenny McPeak is in it.
Speaker 5: He's a great guy and it's neat to watch him, but his personality is not as big as those dudes. Yeah, you know your guy John Stewart with.
Speaker 2: His speakeasies, he's he's he's got like a lot when he's fighting with that guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like episode four is the Derby, five is the Preakness, and six is the Belmont. Until they concentrate on those people and are the douchebags are already out of.
Speaker 7: Stop saying that seven two days?
Speaker 2: Just d d who's up next? Shots to Mitch, I hope you'll join us on the join Commonwealth. Uh. And I think they sold like ten percent of the horse history. That's crazy, I know. Go ahead, who'd you say, Mitch? Mitch? Go ahead, Mitch.
Speaker 9: Well, hello, simply joking fellow owners, because I bought some of that stuff yesterday.
Speaker 2: There you go, there go with's a sport of key, bitch.
Speaker 9: I'm going to give you a two questions answered, an AI question or a history question.
Speaker 2: Give me the one you like the best. All right.
Speaker 9: So I work for Microsoft and we've been told to use AI in interesting ways, and I'm building a formula to pick horses. The problem is I picked better than it did in the Bluegrass Steakes? Would you or anyone on the show use AI to do betting? Or even say Drew writing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean people do use AI for betting. I think AI for riding. I appreciate the call. I don't think AI for writing is yet as good as as a good writer. Here's what I've learned from AI from writing, because my students try to get away with doing it. If a kid is a bad writer, AI is better than that. But if they're a good writer, it's not as good yet. Now maybe one day that's going to change when the technology gets better.
Speaker 2: But I still think you.
Speaker 5: Can tell AI writing because it's not quite And then when I have a kid who can't write at all, and then all of a sudden it looks good, I'm like, you cheated on this, I can tell. So I think with gambling, the AI stuff is works pretty well, actually, if you know what you're doing.
Speaker 7: I follow a Twitter account who says he does AI for his picks, and he has a pretty good record. I have no idea how that works on writing. That would be a good way to get me fired, so I'm not using that. I do think there'll be a day where robots are doing the blogging and I'm at the I'm in line looking for jobs. But I've had people in the UK sphere take one of my articles, completely copy it and run through AI and put it on their own website.
Speaker 5: There is one UK website that basically just does that. They take articles from other sides, put it into the AI thing and then just change the words. And there was pretty low.
Speaker 7: There was one I won't say who, but they didn't do enough checking because at the end I said thank you for joining us on KSR and my article is about an interview we did and they left that in there. Well, no way, really pretty obvious.
Speaker 5: Well, one person writes, Matt, I got home from last night and my son looked at me and said, Mom, what is a?
Speaker 2: And then that the right word Ryan just used. Thanks a lot, Ryan, Or we're educating young minds. I don't know that they need to know about that at this stage of their lives. So I can go just climb a dB better better, got you? Better gotcha. He'll be there as well at the Oaks.
Speaker 5: If I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven, we'll take a break right back to chaos. O.
Speaker 2: What is this song? Shannon?
Speaker 8: Have you not hear the old gray Mayor? She ain't what she used to be?
Speaker 2: No, there's kind of music here. How about Ryan?
Speaker 4: How have you never heard this song? I mean this feels like something you would listen to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of your kind of music? Who is this? Are you? Are you being serious? Like I should know this? Yes? Who's it by?
Speaker 4: I mean there's I don't know who wrote it originally, but I mean this is somebody I've never heard of it, but I've heard this song.
Speaker 2: I've never this is a song. You think I should have heard? Great Mayor? Yeah? What he used to be? Okay, you're shaking your head?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So how does.
Speaker 5: Everybody know like I do know songs like this? You're who's the who's singing this?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 4: This right here is Tex Fletcher who I don't know who it is, but I'm not, but I'm talking about the song itself.
Speaker 2: I don't think I should know that.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Guarantee you like I even know this song?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, everybody listening?
Speaker 2: Do you know the song the old Gray Mary? What you Okay? So a lot of people I've never heard, never heard this song, and I like horses and arable old country views. Wow? All right, fair enough? Oh?
Speaker 5: I need we need something real quick on Friday because I didn't think.
Speaker 2: I didn't know I.
Speaker 5: Was gonna be like owning a horse, right, So I was not planning on going to the Oaks because of that. Drew and Ryan and I do not have press credentials. Mario actually does oddly, but Drew.
Speaker 2: And Ryan and I do not. So we need a place next to Churchill Downs to do the show.
Speaker 5: Okay, because we can't get into Churchill Downs to do the show. We can get in to go to the race, but we can't like set up equipment. But I need to be next to Churchill Downs because as soon as the show is over, I need to get over there.
Speaker 2: So here's what I'm asking. This is a rare opportunity.
Speaker 5: We will do the show either at your place of business or honestly in your.
Speaker 2: House free yard.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, you just Monique just looked up. But we will if you're within like a couple of bucks. Now, if you live like two miles away, I live two miles away, I can do it. I mean like in the surrounding area. And you'd like to have us do the show Friday. Here's what we need though. We need to have a hard line internet connection. Yea, you've got the cord right, yep. So we've got the cord if you don't have a long enough cord, but we need a hard line internet connection.
Speaker 2: What happened to the other thing.
Speaker 6: They're using it at Churchill Downs. They came and got it and they're using it Churchill Down.
Speaker 5: So if you've got that and you'd like to host us, wait till the show's over.
Speaker 2: And text the text machine seven seven two seven seven four five through five four.
Speaker 5: But we will bring the show to your house or place a business. Now if we come, you can't like invite everybuff.
Speaker 2: You canvite a couple people and like, we'll be nice, but we would like if it's okay, this would help us because we right.
Speaker 5: Now don't really have anywhere to do it. Close to the show, close to the track.
Speaker 7: Joy, someone out there is listening, they'll be tailgating in anyway, if.
Speaker 5: You have a business, I'll say thank you to so and so for having this. Right you can't promote it, We can't do that, like it can't be an ad. But we'll come do it and I'll be eternally grateful, and I'll even give you tickets to a Red's game. And you don't even have to ask if you want Red Sox game, not the Red Sox game.
Speaker 2: Ron'll bring donuts, so all right, yeah, you'll bring donuts. You know.
Speaker 6: Some of my favorite parts going to the Oaks or Derby is walking to and from and you go through those neighborhoods, robins streets selling fish, sandwiches and cokes and mint gillups and everything.
Speaker 2: So maybe we'll be writing a thick of all that.
Speaker 7: I told Matt during the break. My favorite part of Derby is the walk back. We stop at all the after parties. Huh, people just out handing out food.
Speaker 2: But you do have to have a hard wire internet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know it will be hard to get a signal around the around the track, so we do have to have a heart. If you have that, we'll take care everything else and we'll do it and I'll be eternally grateful. And you can host KSR at your house or business. Who's up next? Shit, Joe, Joe, Go ahead, Joe. My mom says she knows that song too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, crazy, all right, go ahead, Joe.
Speaker 10: Hey man, last week I got to ask anything. I had one of those types of questions for Ryan, similar to what you did first hour, but with a real estate question. But while I was on hold, I pulled a Chipotle ball off the top shelf of my fridge and it slipped out of my hand. Rice pico beans from about five feet six feet high all over the kitchen floor. And I'm still clearing off a week later, and I'm wondering inside something liquid based like a steward soup. What's the worst kind of food you can drop from about five and a half feet up?
Speaker 2: What a bizarre question.
Speaker 6: I appreciate the call an egg an egg, Yeah, appreciate glops together.
Speaker 2: You can't g loop it up and it's gloopy. That's gloop is gloopy? Yeah, well it described it.
Speaker 7: You broke four different ways in one sentence. It was impressive.
Speaker 2: It was actually an impressive grammar thing by you. No, I like an egg. That's a good ad and it doesn't wipe up clean everything. What's nasty to clean up blood? When you put your hand through a window? Because you know, I still a recovering from this. Yeah, but like when you when I was in that house, remember I was trying to close the door. My hand went through the window.
Speaker 5: When I pulled it back out, I know y'all are eating I'm sorry. I'm sorry about this, but it went everywhere in the kitchen, it was.
Speaker 2: It was not a good scene.
Speaker 7: All the way around Eastern weekend, we had family over and I went to make coffee and as I turned around, I hadn't set it up completely and it was just pouring all over my kitchen floor and all over the house.
Speaker 2: That was fun. Did you hear what happened in Spain and Portugal yesterday? Tell me about it.
Speaker 5: Almost the entirety of Spain and Portugal went out like lost all day. Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Barcelona kept it, but pretty much all of Portugal and like three four Suspain.
Speaker 2: The electric grid went off.
Speaker 5: It was in the middle of the work day and it was out until that night. And there was apparently in Madrid and Lisbon, absolute chaos. The traffic lights stopped working, the cell phone stopped working, public transportation, which is a big thing there, stopped working, and so the whole city and nobody because of all that, nobody knew what happened, And apparently, especially in Madrid, it was chaos, people panicking, not really know what was going on. So I was thinking, like, let's put that in American terms. If New York just lost power and the entire East Coast lost power and didn't have a way to check their cell phone or anything, or to take the subway or all of that. What happens in twenty twenty four, I mean that happened two that twenty five, That happened on nine to eleven, but people weren't as dependent on cell phones and stuff. Then what if it happened now no power, couldn't check TV?
Speaker 2: And your immediate thoughts.
Speaker 6: I think if you're it's a terrorist attack at some point, I think that's a lot of people probably would immediately go to it's another terrorists.
Speaker 5: It would be kind of like, just think about if that happened in that moment, what you would do.
Speaker 2: You you can't turn on the television, all the powers out, you don't even know who to ask, You're in a huge city. I think the only thing you could do is get on the radio. But it would have to be a battery operated radio. You couldn't even listen on your phone or plug it in, so you would have to have a battery operated radio. But even the radio station, we'd be out of power.
Speaker 7: Is the technology changed on the radio side to where they would need it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just I think it would kind of be chaos, don't you think.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a good example to keep listening to radio. I mean, we see what happens just when, like the flights have an issue and the whole country stops moving for a few minutes.
Speaker 5: Well, apparently Madrid yesterday, which I've been to, that's a massive city. I just can't imagine what that and it didn't fix for like eight hours. So it'd be interesting to be part of that. Get back to our roots, as you mean, rather not find out, we'll take a break right back.
Speaker 2: KISR. TJ. Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ.
Speaker 4: He'll make them pay now more Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 8: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 5: Apparently Old Gray Mayor Shannon is one of the the fight.
Speaker 2: Songs for Murray State.
Speaker 8: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: It feels like a horrible fight.
Speaker 8: I just know it from my childhood.
Speaker 2: I thought, everybody, but think about what a horrible fights on that would be. The old Gray Mayor ain't what he used to be. Oh here we come, here, we come to beat you.
Speaker 5: Not as good as we used to be, but we're here a little, but I'm as good once as I ever was. All Right, that's an interesting, interesting fight song for Murray State eight twenty two eighty seven. Text Machine, you all out of here seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. So before we go back to the phone, we got to talk about the latest on the Belichick thing. Oh my goodness. TMZ reports that in addition to the girlfriend interrupting and asking questions, at one point during the interview, she stormed out, left for thirty minutes and looked at Bill Belichick, assuming he would come as well. The interview paused for him to go talk to her, and then they came back, and when they came back, that was when we see the video of her interrupting the question, but she stormed out.
Speaker 2: The thing also said he showed up at the interview.
Speaker 5: It was for his book, and there was no one from North Carolina and no one from the book company there. It was just him and his girlfriend and Tony Dakopple thought it was so awkward that they stopped the interview early. And then they were supposed to interview anhim walking on the football field and they just canceled.
Speaker 2: That part of the interview.
Speaker 6: She's making him seem like he's incapable of making his own decisions.
Speaker 5: And it sounds like what they said they did with Joe Biden during the election. And I say that as someone who likes Joe Biden. But when you hear some of the stories about how they were very careful, how they used Eimon, which they talked to him and all that, he doesn't strike me as not having his faculties.
Speaker 6: But they're making it appear that way. The way she's acting to me is way. It does seem a little bit like that.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm impressed with her audacity to do all this stuff. I mean, and the story notes. You know, normally in those interviews, like a publicist would come yeah, like other people in the camp.
Speaker 5: Well, when I was going when I wrote my book before, remember I was supposed to do like a three week press tour and then COVID canceled it, and I was supposed to do all these things, and there was going to be someone from the book company with me at every stop.
Speaker 2: And I'm low on the total punk.
Speaker 5: So presumably for Belichick, he might have had a ton of people on the total on the on the and none of them end up going.
Speaker 2: That team almost.
Speaker 7: A TBS TMZ story noted how like CBS executives had to step in and figure out how to even you know, turn the interview into something because it was so awkward, Like it took like an all hands on deck, how we're going to make this package.
Speaker 5: So, Shannon, you've been like all about this relationship. You've been like Bill Belichick is. I'm happy for him. He's seventy one, he's got this young, beautiful woman. As this stuff starts coming out, still happy for him, starting to wonder about it, like where are you on?
Speaker 2: Where are you on it? Now?
Speaker 8: I still like it.
Speaker 4: I call him Beta Bill because you know, I thought that he was once this guy that was a big, you know, authority figure, and now it just takes a twenty four year old woman to run his life apparently.
Speaker 2: But you still you still think it's positive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's seventy four.
Speaker 8: He's got a twenty four year old girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Think about all this. I don't understand. I don't understand why they won't why they won't say how they met again? Is there maybe something to the story not accurate? I heard a rumor. Okay, this is just a rumor. This is not fact.
Speaker 5: It's a rumor that part of that when they met, maybe he like signed her textbook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's part of the story.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we've heard that.
Speaker 2: That's like out there. Yeah, oh it is. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I thought that was the story of how they met. She got his autograph and that's how they started talking.
Speaker 2: So why change it now? Though?
Speaker 5: I mean, that's weird enough. Why would you change it? Why not just go with that?
Speaker 6: I don't know why they're trying to change the narrative. And that's why I said, you know, this guy respected man. His reputation in the NFL is great, But now it's making it appear that he can't make decisions on his own without her right there.
Speaker 2: North Carolina football decisions now.
Speaker 5: Story says North Carolina. People are starting to become concerned about it. I just keep thinking about, like TJ. Bisner is one of these people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like TJ. I mean.
Speaker 5: It would be like Shannon being one of the people, Like this is TJ is working there.
Speaker 2: You know, if you were North Carolina. It's not just that North Carolina is a college. It's also like a prestigious academic cause, one of the best public colleges in America.
Speaker 7: You know, I think that unc things crazier than the interview. The interview is getting all the attention because it was on CBS. But what coach has their girlfriend c seed on every email and is involved on every redecision that that probably doesn't happen anywhere. And then you added the legend Bill Belichick who couldn't be told anything for many years and she's twenty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how long before Ryan ads yoga girl to our group text on everything?
Speaker 2: I think that would be great.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you this, would you watch a reality show of these two?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes? Or yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like I would watch it tomorrow. I am, I am, I'll be honest, like people can roll their eyes. I am fascinated by it.
Speaker 6: But your comparison to Biden is good, and I think that's done. North Carolina maybe should be concerned that maybe he is slip when.
Speaker 2: He talks, he doesn't sound like he's slippy. Yeah, but you.
Speaker 5: Know, there would be moments with Joe Biden where it didn't sound like like when he gave that State of the Union speech and it seemed like he was on cocaine.
Speaker 2: You remember when he got up there and he was if you had just.
Speaker 5: Seen that, you would think he was completely like good. But I I don't think it's that.
Speaker 2: I just think she's just very controlling and allows her to be he does. He seems totally fine with it.
Speaker 8: So I like that she was butting in on like football.
Speaker 2: They asked her, They asked a football question and she butts it.
Speaker 8: No, No, that's not how That's not where.
Speaker 2: We do this. We don't. Don't be saying that.
Speaker 7: She can have a headset on on the side.
Speaker 2: You know what I want. I want her to have a headset. I want listen, here's why. If she has a headset.
Speaker 5: On the sideline, I'm just gonna salute the woman and go nice job.
Speaker 7: She was on the field for their spring practice. She's like on the field with the coaches.
Speaker 2: If great, she's like to coach, gets one of those iPads out, she's pointing. Do you think she'd be on the side line of the booth? I think she's she's's next Megan, Megan, go ahead, Megan.
Speaker 12: Hey, guys, first time call her A long time with stern who I have two questions. So Number one, have you all heard any updates on Travis Perry? Okay, Number two, My husband and I were going to the Reds and Guardians game, and while we beat the breaks off the Reds, I wanted to know if there was any fun activities that you guys would recommend.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, let's do the Travis Perry thing. What is the latest on Travis Perry? Old Miss is recruiting meam Florida, Alabama. A lot of other school Maryland's in the mix now. Yeah, apparently Old Miss and Maryland from what I understand, have sort of made them the largest priority. You know, he turned out Old Miss once. I think if you were to just make a bet, wouldn't you bet it's Old Miss In the end, I.
Speaker 7: Thought they'd been the leader since the moment got in the portal And now I don't know any updates since he's been taking all these visits. But even if you go back to his high school recruitment, you could draw like a radius around Lyon County and they were on considering things within driving distance and Oxford. I don't know if he still has that mindset this time around, but Oxford, from Westernkentucky is only about an hour an hour and a half more than Lexington. Yeah, so I think if they're still considering proximity at home. That only helps the old mis case compared to some of these others he's looking at. But I don't know if he still has that same mindsets he did in his.
Speaker 5: High Let's say he goes to Old Miss. Do you think he does he start at a.
Speaker 2: School like that.
Speaker 6: If it can be tough, because like he's still donna have to guard the fears and Seers and the butler's in the world and the sec point guards.
Speaker 5: I mean, imagine him trying to guard Jalen Lowe, like he's not gonna be able to do.
Speaker 2: It to be a long day.
Speaker 7: There's talk that Maryland wants him to start. I don't think Chris Beard would want him start. Chris Beard probably just needs depth, and he's like.
Speaker 2: I mean that, you know. It is, however, a different style of basketball that might be a little more akin to how he would want to play.
Speaker 7: I also find it interesting that just about everybody that's calling him saw him last year. You know, Maryland's Williams too. He didn't play a ton in that a n n H. A lot of people saw him. I know Kentucky fans have been critical of him being able to play at a certain level, but it's the opposing coaches that are wanting him.
Speaker 5: As far as before a Reds game, I mean the banks area right there, there's a ton of like bars and stuff. There's not like a whole lot to look at. Stadium's really nice. You know, it depends on where you're sitting as to where I would say you should, uh should hang out. They've got good nachos down on the left field line.
Speaker 2: What are you laughing at? A good tip right there?
Speaker 5: Where of the best nachos are is down the left field line. You know, the food situation there could be better. It's one thing I think they should work on. It's better this year than it was last year, but it's still still could be better. But it's a good it's a good atmosphere.
Speaker 2: And then in the seventh inning, stand up and sing Cincinnati, Ohio last night, they only played it for like four seconds. I wonder if they're trying to get rid of it. Oh were you up? Were you up?
Speaker 7: And singing?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 5: And then just it's stopped and I just look stupid cornbredthemp dot com promo code KSR. You know the drinks you all made them to where they're gone, but they should be back in the next week or two. Until then, full spectrum flour only HEMP CBD gummies. They got berry flavor watermelon. I've kind of switched from the berry to the watermelon because the watermelon seems to me to be a little cozy.
Speaker 2: But go to CORNBREADTHEMP dot com promo code ksr rest, relax with our good friends at Cornbread HEMP, and then get ready for the seltzers to come back. They are quite a hit. They are. Like I said, my fridge got emptied pretty quick with them. Yeah, we'll take a break. Mary.
Speaker 5: Back to Kentucky Sports Radio. Welcome back, final segment Kentucky Sports Radio. This segment sponsored by the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center. If you need a skin examination by a dermatologists, you should go check them out.
Speaker 2: Catch stuff early.
Speaker 5: They have locations in Owensboro, Bowling Green, Franklin, and Powderly, Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Where's Powderly, I've heard of it. I don't know where that is.
Speaker 7: That's over on my side of the state of You may know where Powderly is, Yeah, Mehlenburg County, Meelenburg County, So yeah.
Speaker 2: Never heard of that. Well, they have one there as well.
Speaker 5: We are going to be at the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center in owens birgis Friday, So next Friday, if you're in Owensborough, you can come see KSR at the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center. They have only fifteen hundred and five star reviews. Check it out, erase your mind and take care of your skin concern by making appointment. You can call two seven oh eight four two nineteen ninety nine or Kentucky Skin Cancercenter dot com. I'm a big advocate by the way of going and getting that stuff checked.
Speaker 2: There's a lot you catch it early.
Speaker 5: You know, I've had a mole scraped off my face already, actually have another one. I'm getting scaped scraped off here in a few weeks. Go to Kentucky Skin Cancer Center. Just get your get it tested, and then you don't.
Speaker 2: Have to worry about it.
Speaker 7: I've had family with some serious issues. It's very important to go get stuff checked out.
Speaker 2: Yes, true, we didn't get to talk about you were an actor.
Speaker 7: I was well, not was still. I would say, yeah, how did it go? It went very well, had a lot of fun. It was very informal. So if you know, if you slipped up there wasn't too much pressure. But I'll say when I when I signed up, I wasn't sure what I'm getting myself into. But you know, memorizing lines isn't easy. I didn't even have that many, and I put a lot of work into getting it done. Also, just knowing where you're supposed to be staying, which which way to go off the stage, come on to the stage.
Speaker 2: Exit stage. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I heard through the grapevine Shannon that Drew was had a queue where he was supposed to come on the air and he come on the set and he didn't And it turns out he was at the bar.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that's not true.
Speaker 2: It's kind of true.
Speaker 7: So my first my first scene scene for I'm dancing by myself. I'm at the Jubilee and then I kind of pimp walk over to Juliette and start hitting on her. And I was so worried about getting all my lines right, and I nailed my lines. I was supposed to go stand off to the side of the stage, which I did. I forgot I wasn't supposed to completely. I did go to the bar while I was still supposed to be on scene, and I was watching the scene on TV, and I remembered, oh, yeah, I'm still supposed to be out there.
Speaker 2: So I just tiptoed back on.
Speaker 7: And winked at the director and we were all good. But I was way in the back corner.
Speaker 2: It happens sometimes.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've been to productions of Hamlet where sometimes Hamlet just forgets to be there, and it's at the bar.
Speaker 2: Lady Macbeth similer so focused on my lines I forgot. Don't completely leave.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you do need to try to stay on stage. Simply joking down.
Speaker 2: To five to one in twenty four hours. I'm just saying, you're in golf. It's the favorite. Wouldn't it be funny? Upon the broadcast they're like, why is this horse the favorite? What has happened that has made this horse the favor? On my play?
Speaker 7: You did get a shout out with an improv. I had to yell something sir to Juliette's dad, I forget something capulate maybe anyway, he said, I'm not Matt Jones. You don't have to call me sir. He improveed. There was a lot of going off script at the end when I die. I don't think this was in Bill Shakespeare's original version. But in my sword fight, Romeo goes look Rick Patino and I turn around them and get stabbed. So as it went on, people were were getting a little loose with their lines.
Speaker 2: Fair enough.
Speaker 6: Have you seen Drew's pimpwalk though, that's been the star of the show on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people liked it. Well, I heard you did a good job.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: Where's a lot of money? That was the point. It was for charity.
Speaker 2: We had a lot of fun. I'll do it again.
Speaker 7: I recommended Ryan for next year. You better take them up on it.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I think you'd be good at that. Who's up next year, Jamie, Jamie, go ahead.
Speaker 11: Jamie, yes, sir. On some of your questions earlier, Patterly, is it the Queen Greenville in Central City?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 11: The second question that y'all was talking about, Travis Perry should have went to Maryland over the weekend. They've offered twice as much as anybody else has.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 11: Third, the racetrack opens at five thirty of the morning. They've got hundreds of horses to get out. They can't get them out of all at the same time. So the Derby flash creaked this horses. They shut the track down from everybody from seven to fifteen to seven thirty. And those horses are the only ones that work out for It's not anybody else out there, a bunch of horses, Sir.
Speaker 2: I feel like you.
Speaker 5: I feel you said all of that was such confidence that I feel like all of it's true. You're seven fifteen. Well, how do you know how Travis Perry was offered from Maryland?
Speaker 2: Though? That feels like a very specific thing for you to know.
Speaker 11: Well, I do know. I'm going to play golf with him in two weeks.
Speaker 2: Okay, down, I believe you. I believe you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Okay, Well he won this tournament. Down to here, shot nineteen under out Lake Shore.
Speaker 5: Like to get Travis Parry? Hang on, you say, Travis Perry shot nineteen hunder.
Speaker 9: The team did?
Speaker 2: Oh? The team?
Speaker 11: Okay, that's fault scramble. We're good and he's going to play again the nineteenth. And I'm on a phone call from Wagners Pharmacy there in Louisville for y'all to do the.
Speaker 2: Nice radio Sir. I like I like everything about you. I like you.
Speaker 5: I like your your confidence. You're you're helping the show. What was your name again?
Speaker 2: Jamie. Is that right? Yes, sir Jamie, thank you very much. You're a nice fella. I appreciate it.
Speaker 11: Okay, mad if I get it pulled off a Wagners, do you want me to call y'all back for you, dude?
Speaker 5: Send the text to the text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five for you. Do that and then if we can. Wagners would be a great place if they have a hookup for us. Yes, yeah, thank you very much, appreciate it. There you go to Medicinelle guy there. I did doubt one thing that dude said. He said that was such confidence did How could you? How could you not? Somebody asked on the text machine, we're talking about Harry Trent Noah.
Speaker 2: What is his peak?
Speaker 5: Like, let's say he hits his peak, this is the best Trent Noah can be. Give me give me a analogy of how good a player like?
Speaker 2: What is Trent Noah's peak?
Speaker 7: Well, first, let's not forget he's he's built beautifully. I believe this is what Mark Pope said a few weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Beautiful.
Speaker 7: I could see him, Uh, you know, if he gets in the weight room, gets his athleticism a little better. I could see him on down the road becoming a starter on the wing and playing.
Speaker 2: Give me an example of a player that you would say you would like to see him get to X point.
Speaker 7: It's kind of lame because it's a Kentucky guy, But like the Derek Willis role, he's never gonna be the guy, but playing lots of minutes and knockdown threes when you're Openin Derek Willis, I think they're built a little different.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 5: I think he's be a little better than Derek, but also not quite as good as I mean Derek's.
Speaker 2: Derek has size that he didn't have.
Speaker 7: More just being actually Arthur fifth option.
Speaker 2: I mean, by the end, Derek was really good. What about you, Alex Poethrus, He's not that explosive at all. I mean, you know, I like one of the most athletic dudes we've had, but being strong can shoot the ball and come in and give you some good minutes.
Speaker 7: It's hard in the calirecause he didn't have anyone that was a little athletically behind.
Speaker 2: But you know what about the kid at Clempson last year? Well that guy who also I mean if he.
Speaker 5: If he was as successful as that Clepson that would be a huge It's.
Speaker 7: Got a little more outside game than that guy does. He was all ymc A inside, but no I could see that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just a thought like that kid was good, but the end of his time.
Speaker 5: Thanks to Wisenberger, who brought us some food products.
Speaker 2: Seven generations there. We will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Trivia tonight at KS Bars be Kentucky Sports Radio