Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football.
Speaker 2: Club cow Boys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Hecma Harrison, and new he Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Players Louds right here, coming at you on a Thursday, Football Thursday the National Football League.
Speaker 4: We are coming to you from the home of the Dallas Cowboys headquarters. The Storysco Texas SWBC podcast Lounds. This is the Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocratic Game. We've got Heck Maharrison. We've got former Cowboys safety he is Bury Church, New he Scruggs. Okay, gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen, Let's start with.
Speaker 2: The quarterback, Dakota Rain.
Speaker 5: No is it Rain, dakotas Rain, Dakota go to ring my bad. Let me start that again, ring Dakota. Yes, It's got me a few times.
Speaker 2: I had to go through it.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: So when you were really good, and you don't you don't know, you don't know who he is very Church.
Speaker 2: But when you were a.
Speaker 4: Child, there was a great broadcaster named Howard Kosell. Heckman I remember because watched Monday.
Speaker 3: Night Football and when he when you were good, he called you by your full.
Speaker 2: Name, like you made it play like that's Church. He threw it in there like like you return to touchdown and Barry Michael Church. That's right.
Speaker 7: Reggie government, the whole, the whole government, you know, Reggie Jackson in his third home run, he just said, Reginald my team as Jackson.
Speaker 2: It was that kind of.
Speaker 4: We're gonna give you your You deserve full credit, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: That's how good you were. But let me ask you a question.
Speaker 5: Y'all have been in the game for a while, you know, want me to get too far off track, Who was the best what you call it play by play whatever? Like John Madden coach said, like who was that guy even to this day, who has been like the best, top, top, top notch.
Speaker 2: Who's the top guy in your opinion?
Speaker 6: I mean, Howard Cosell obviously set the stage for all of these guys because of the way that he called game. He was so descriptive when you sat down and watch, he has such a distinct voice, and I think that's the thing that for play by play guys. If if I don't see him, But I hear their voice. I know who that's That's Summer Off, that's you know that. Those are the guys that I think that resonate with me.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: The newer guys like the Bucks and all that that can have worked their way into being like your favorite like but no, Like when I'm watching a college game, I really want my guy. Uh, I can't even think of Guss. I'm talking about Gus brings the excitement. Gus is not one of those guys to me. And it's just my style. I don't like that all button up, you know, corporate style of announcing games. I like for you to oh your personality gives guys uh nicknames like Maserati, Marv and all that stuff. It makes the game so much more fun. But when it goes back to like those old school guys, nothing tops Howard Cosell to me, nothing at all.
Speaker 2: So Howard was an analyst.
Speaker 4: And when you talk about those play by play guys, when you talk football, you know, Pat Somemmerole comes to mind. Vince Scully did did football, Jack Buck did football?
Speaker 2: Played by play guys.
Speaker 4: Keith Jackson had did a little bit of it on Monday Night footbactually started there, then he moved over to college football. Frank Gifford came in there and did some of that. Gus Johnson today is what Heckwer talks about to me. He is the guy that brings it to you, but also brings that fan that's like, yeah, yeah, come on, come with me, Come with me. And I remember when C. D. Lamb quarter time said, Darius, you know, you know, you know, Gus will go you know, he'll take He'll take you there, He'll bring you there. But Pat summer All didn't do it, but Pat Somerraw would lead John Madden into do it. And so I think there's different types of play by plays and the way they do it Al Michaels is very good, and I think it's that great balance. So if I were a play by a play guy and I was doing it with heck Ma, I would lean back because I know where his enthusiasm is going to go. Take us over here. So what I don't want to do is have two dudes at a high pitch. I want to let him take me there, So I'm gonna lead him into that, and I think that becomes a part of his chemistry and what makes it good because you don't want two dudes right here, you want one guy to go there. So this is Emmitt Smith making a play and then John mad done. Patoo, look at him it right there. He hits him with the shoulder and he cuts something. So you let John get on a telestrader and do his thing. And Pat was so good at it that he just let and it was just watch. To me, it was like, well, I don't know about you.
Speaker 2: Heck. To me, it was like family.
Speaker 4: But the thing I loved about Pat somemraw because back in the day, man, my mom and dad would take us a church and we had the Late Black Church.
Speaker 3: That's the first quarter here from Irvy the Eagles ten and the Cowboys seven.
Speaker 2: It's the whole first joint, the whole first quarter. Bro rag Rag was always missing the first quarter.
Speaker 4: But that's how I look at the play by play guys today and just where I can't do it. I can't do any of it. I've tried it. I'm not good at it. I don't know how you're gonna be ready today. Hack me to go through play a suppos. You you know, when you're doing those high school games, man, you're depending on other people. I mean, it's it's it's a skill and a talent. I just don't have to. I don't know how you do it.
Speaker 6: Look took, one of the best up and coming play by play guys is in this buildings.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody better? Man? When he filled in for a Brads, all of a sudden, ain't nobody, Ain't nobody better?
Speaker 4: There's a skill and just North Texas, the University of North Texas produces some outstanding people. Mark Follower, great Mark Follow, who's play by play for The Mavericks on TV and one multiple Emmy Awards, and Kyle now is multiple award win So it's a great play. He went over there North Texta. I mean, this is what they do. It's one of the cradles right now. If you are thinking about going in the broadcast industry here, you can go there and go there at a good price.
Speaker 2: That's part of it.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you something, Hey, when you're paying twoitiones, you know what every college costs, right, That's what.
Speaker 2: He said so quick after the on that way mean.
Speaker 3: Boy, yes, yes, but I have people.
Speaker 4: I had to call me yesterday. I have people all the time and will ask me. You know, where should I go? And they think about Syracuse. You know, through the year, Syracuse is producing Marv Albert by cost, It's Mike Cherico. Been a lot of great broadcasters that come out of Syracuse.
Speaker 2: But have you seen the price? That's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: And so man, when I got to school, my first job, I mean three hundred dollars a week, man, that was it, Dude, I learned how to live on eighty dollars cash. I used to go beat the weekend anchor to the TV station so I could steal the coupons, so I could click them coupons because I knew Thursday was was triple coupon day.
Speaker 2: So I had my stuff ready to go. Man, had it lined up on them. Brother. I showed up for press conferences to eat UNCHI let me get some of that brood.
Speaker 4: If it was a NASCAR event, I was there because NASCAR fed you, and they fed you good.
Speaker 2: But I learned a lot of NASCAR because I wanted to eat the leftover. I love it.
Speaker 4: When my man Derreck Cope signed that sign that contract with Boat Jangles, Oh we knew both.
Speaker 2: Jags getting served by I love it. I love it.
Speaker 4: Bro I stayed till the end because I was shouldn't have taken something home with me and some of that.
Speaker 5: I believe it was something. I believe it was something for Dad. I love it, man, I love it.
Speaker 4: So these jobs and tell people when you want to go to school, you want to get in this business.
Speaker 3: These jobs don't pay a lot of money. They don't pay It is a lot of grit and grind. Man, it is a lot of grit and grind. So I respect for the people to do it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, man, you go to place at North Texas and it's it's an in state tuition and you can and you got proof of people who are successful. Man, I'd say, man, go look over there. I know we wiped the look at the bright lights and where the people at. Man, But at the end of the day, you start looking and Syracuse is really good. But you look it's a private school. You look at the amount of money you're gonna spend and where you're gonna start earning.
Speaker 2: True, ROI is it there?
Speaker 8: Yea?
Speaker 3: Is it there? So yeah, man, you gotta think about it. So it's something, it's something to get into, something to get into.
Speaker 4: But Dak Prescott, Mike McCarthy spoke today. He's still seeking more opinions, still trying to have an understanding what's going on. Look, the hamstring injury, he ripped from the bone. What we saw with our guy Tyron Smith exactly. That was what training camp a couple of years ago, this two three years ago, at what that event where they brought out the fans, the fan jam thing, you know on a regular play.
Speaker 2: You didn't really understand just happened. Just kind of like that.
Speaker 4: You're like, hey, looks like a regular play, but bam, all right, hamstring off the bone And it took him basically three quarters of a year to come down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, I don't be a laugh. I just I just think of Daddy but Gray every time. Oh man. But yeah, anyway, yeah, now it took.
Speaker 2: Him a minute.
Speaker 5: It took him a minute to get back out there and perform at the way he is. So do you see Prescott returning at any point?
Speaker 2: And is it just and ye, is it just? It's a done dollar least?
Speaker 6: I think one. You have to evaluate right away how Cooper Rush looks. And Cooper Rush has shown you that he can rattle off five six victories of five victories for sure in this in this offense, and obviously you wanted to conjure up that same magic against Philly and against these next five opponents. If he can do that, I think it gives you the confidence to say, Dak, you know, sit back. You can sit back and chill for a couple of weeks. Let's make sure. Let's make sure that that heals up. But that's only if if you're in playoff contention at all, If there's no doubt that you're not going to be there period, like you're elimined mathematically, it's not going to happen. It's not even worth talking about it because you don't want one. You don't want them to re injure it. If you've ever injured your hamstring, if you tweaked it, whatever it is, it's there. It's there, and it's always one of those things in the back of your mind that you are not going to take off and accelerate knowing that you're coming off of something like that, because now you could really you could tear it completely, you know. So Like for me, like I said, for I'm thinking about and I know the question was is that going to come back? I just think right now, for Mike McCarthy his whole playbook and everything has to be refined to be under Cooper Russia's strengths. You have to put a game plan together for him. And to me, that game plan is a quick game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gaget it out of his hands.
Speaker 5: It's a quick game, especially with how this offensive line has looked the past couple of weeks. I mean, you got to get the ball out of Cooper Russi's hands quick. And that's what they were able to do when he took over for Dak Prescott and that stretch I believe it was two years ago when he injured him twenty two when he had was out for five games, and Cooper Rush went on that four and one streak and kept this team afloat. You know, while Dak Prescott was out, they were able to get the ball out of his hands fast. But the one thing that gives me pause, just a little bit of pause, is just you know, in that run that Cooper Rush had those you know two years ago, man, the defense.
Speaker 2: Was playing outstanding.
Speaker 5: I mean they were one of the top teams and getting after the quarterback. I mean it was just you know, sacks on top of sacks Parsons, Lawrence. Those guys were getting after the quarterback and oh, by that way, they had some type of run game. I believe that's when it was. Zeke and Pollard were both in the backfield, I believe. So at that time you had a good balance. You had Pollard being that explosive guy. You had Zeke still being able to, you know, get you three yards and a cloud of dust five yards here and there and wearing down the defense, and polar was taking off. We really start to see part of the merge in that season. So that's the only thing that gives me a little bit of pauses. That team is not the same as this team right now. You know, they're struggling offensively, especially on the offensive line, ride receivers getting not getting separation, and then in the defense, it's just you know, they're one of the worst in the National Football League right now as far as points per game, So you won't be playing with that lead like you had before.
Speaker 2: But we all understand Cooper Rushie. He's a ultimate pro. He's an ultimate bro.
Speaker 5: When his name is called, he steps up to the plate and he gets the job done. You saw that in that Atlanta game. He was able to get them yards rolling and get them in the end zone at least, even though it was a little bit too late, he was able to get this team into the end zone. So to me, he has the respect of his teammates out there. They're gonna battle for him. It's not like they're just saying, let's give up on the tape, to give up on the season, it's over with, you know. They They got respect from my man, so they're gonna play hard for him. So we'll see what they got against the Eagles.
Speaker 3: It's always dangerous to go to social media, always dangerous.
Speaker 2: But I have looked at a.
Speaker 3: Few doctors they say they're doctors on social media.
Speaker 2: Saying just saying tough.
Speaker 3: But from what I have gathered, they're talking six week's if surgery and up to ten weeks without surgery in terms of recovery time.
Speaker 4: So you just start doing the math and looking at that. You're going to kind of go what you just said, Barry, If you're in playoff contention. If yes, and we've talked about many times here on the Players Lounge, there's coming back and then it's coming back and being able to be effective. That's the challenge for Dak Prescott and depending on where they're at the season, becomes the old Ricky.
Speaker 2: Waters line for who for what? Yeah? Absolutely, so I.
Speaker 4: Think you've got to be smart what you're going to start to get into a point in time where you've got to start looking at twenty twenty five. Oh yeah, and if you're if you're out of this thing, there's no sense of bringing back your quarterback that you've invested a lot of money for. You need him ready to go for off season workouts, especially if Jerry decides he wants to have a different coaching staff these It's it's a it's a lot of context into this thing. Man, It's a lot of stuff that guy has to go into it. And we'll see, we'll see where the Cowboys are right now. I think that Dak is doing what any player should do. Go go get all the opinions you can. I mean is that when you've had injury before and they talk about second opinion, what goes into that, Well, you got to make sure you.
Speaker 5: Get you you do your due diligence and make sure you go out there and seek a second opinion because it might be different from what the you know, trading staff here I remember when I hurt my shoulder, well, you know, I did my achilles. There was no second, it was what it was. But when I hurt my shoulder and had to get my laboring surgery, you know, I postponed it a little bit. I wore the brace and I just went out there and tried to muster through it because I was in a different situation, undrafted guy, still trying to prove myself on the team. So I tried to muster through it, and I tried to go out there and get it my all. But you play with a torn laborler, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: It was all jack pop out of the socket each and every time I hit somebody.
Speaker 2: But I kept trying to muster.
Speaker 5: Through it because I was like, man, who knows if I'm even gonna be here next year, you know what I'm saying. So I'm on special teams and it it took me finally that last it was one of the last games of the season, going against the Giants. I'm in personal protection, you know, for a punt team. I'm dropping back getting my block in. As soon as I put my arm up, dude just hit my man. The whole shoulder just popped out, and it was just at that time the training stat just looked and was like that, I mean, we know you you fighting, you know you one of the dolls are trying to get trying to get fed, Bud. I mean, you get you gotta you gotta chill on this one. You gotta go ahead and get the surgery and call it a rap and that.
Speaker 2: And that's tough. Man.
Speaker 5: That was a much different situation than what that is in right now, because I was still like, man, if I go.
Speaker 2: Be here, you know what. Mentally, Yeah, it was tough. It was tough.
Speaker 5: But yeah, get as many opinions as you can, you know, because it may different and you might help you to your advantage.
Speaker 6: If I tear my lave room in twenty twenty floor, I am on the floor crying, calling nine one one with Siri. Y you know, I might be laying my shorts, might be wet. Okay, it seems like that. And I think, you know, just for all this talk about the game of football that people, you know, quit all this anyway, I'm just tripping that you would play with the Toren labram. And that's the kind of pain threshold that a lot of these guys play with You were talking about something a minute ago, man, and I was just thinking, boy, that's a lot of huge butt maybes and ifs with the defense and what they had and what they did. And that's why I think with Cooper Rush, he comes into a situation with a completely dysfunctional offense and defense and what I'm saying in the sense of being able to get stops, being able to get runs. The last time that we played Philadelphia, Ezekiel Elliott ran for eighty one yards. Tony Potter ran for forty four. So you did have that semblance of a running game to support you, and it made it where you know, play action was also accounted for. Vic Vangio is not gonna respect none of that. Respect none of that.
Speaker 2: Let us the return of mister blueprint. Vic Fangio.
Speaker 4: Yes, the Eagles defensive coordinator. Heckna, let's lead into that segments. Should we be afraid of the man who gave everyone the blue fans?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And James Jones speaks yes after he criticized Dak and said he was quitting off. Tell you what this gentleman had to say on his television show. Next right here, all the players on project by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 9: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience.
Speaker 2: Football fans.
Speaker 9: This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, A brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game.
Speaker 2: Crypto sound us.
Speaker 10: Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 11: Prescott Kitts slides with a first.
Speaker 10: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 11: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle.
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Are you the.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Will are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for.
Speaker 2: A chance to be named the twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Lets say that.
Speaker 6: Support military members veterans and their families with twenty twenty four saluted service collection from Camo pattern hoodies, hats to gear, proudly showing off the Dallas Cowboys star alongside the stars and stripes. The collection is more than just football. Visit a Dallas Cowboy Pro shop near you, a log on to shop dot Dallascowboys dot com, a fanatics experience, and join our mission.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: That's Hackmaharrison with the read here on the player's loungge, brought to you by aristocrat gaming Berry Church Hm, former Cowboy safeties Here.
Speaker 2: I'm new, he scrugs.
Speaker 4: We were gonna talk about big Fangio blue threadsive coordinator, But heckman, you lure this man into I'm just.
Speaker 3: Saying this Kelling Moore stuff.
Speaker 2: I tried to What did I tell y'all before the season.
Speaker 5: I tried to tell y'all before the season what was getting ready to happen. He struggled out in La I get y'all that he struggled out there, got bad head, coach fired and had a bad head. Coach didn't know what he was doing out there, didn't help him out. Came to Philadelphia. I said, what was gonna happen. I told you he got the weapons, he's gonna understand how to untap that potential that hurts and this offense has and he's come to the realization that, you know what, we gotta we gotta run this thing through Saquon. You know, it takes a lot for a past happy offensive coordinator to say, you know what, let me get out the way, let me just hand that thing off the Saquon Berkley and he's doing his thing. We've seen what happened with this Philadelphia Eagles the past six weeks, early on that struggle, but that was just and the you know, the Functionuey together getting everything, you.
Speaker 2: Know, all that thing wrote. Look what's going on? Now? Just just look what's going What did you just use? The swaying right now? It's swaying right now, y'all see what he's doing doing what I did? I called us? Or what did I call it? Or what?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 6: Look, I want to say this because I think you have been the one individual on this Sway show to call out Kellen, to say the Keller's office that you've been a fan of Kellen's office from the beginning the beginning from the beginning, Kellen stepped onto a sinking boat. When he went to the chargers, thank you, the boats already said sinking.
Speaker 2: All right. He stepped on that thing. Man.
Speaker 6: They might have shown him to repair, but it was already, it was already on his way down. Spec failed. He didn't know the inspection was a fail, so he didn't know. He know, how did his working not into the appraisal. They come through the home inspections. He didn't see the cracks. He did see the foundation diligence. It was I'm not it's not.
Speaker 2: Cut the bullets. Yuy okay, guys cut the bulls. Guy.
Speaker 4: Kellen Moore went out to the chargers and they were about to fire the coach, but they're like, no, no, you come save us. This dude told us that Justin Herbert was gonna be top five in m VP voting. It didn't happen. He ended up not having a season. Boy got hurt. Coach was fired and they didn't even think enough of him to make an interim coach. The ship was sunk. So this whole thing by his saving the ship, he didn't say the ship. So what do they do with Philly hey man? Coach on the hot seat. Hey man, we need you to come here and try and save us. But guess what, you know what happened? You know how they got saved? Tell you how they guys say, it's amazing what happens when you get a real player who can run the football, catch a little bit?
Speaker 2: Players help?
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, okay, some players help. What's happened to giants? They con and left town? Boy, look at that thing you.
Speaker 2: Should have hired Kelling.
Speaker 3: I will tell you Kellen Moore was fired from here and they were correct. Mike took off of what it might do.
Speaker 2: Last year. He had an amazing season last year here.
Speaker 4: What was Dak Prescott leading the league in picks? Kellen's first year away from here happened? Let the league touchdown? And then he was out there with your boy Justin Herbert. Now now look at Justin Herbert. Now look at your boy. What's Herbert doing?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: What's he doing?
Speaker 6: Now? This year they got a defense and the head coach defense and the head defense head coach, and he running the ball.
Speaker 2: They run the ball. That crazy he took grow. They got a better offensive.
Speaker 6: Cording to hell and time the grug that's all that in that situation and for the charge of Barry. Look, Barry will do that. Barry will jump out the case. He believes in Herbert, he believes in Kellen Moore, and he don't mind voicing his opinions.
Speaker 2: But his thing he bought high and he had to sail low. It's the opposite.
Speaker 4: They're a second place team right now, and you sitting here jumping on board. You got you waving a flag on a second place team. What did we see Philadelphia last.
Speaker 2: Year ten and one? Right?
Speaker 6: And what they do like the they bottomed down with the Cowboys, they bottomed out, they bottom don.
Speaker 4: Playoff, Grand Opening, Grand clothing, So two major auditions in Philadelphia. You know how they're going to measure this thing.
Speaker 6: You gotta give but you gotta give ownership some credit to because what they did was they took Sirianni's hands off of that offense. They got rid of the oc that they had. They didn't stay the course with the guy that they had. And oh, I agree with you. What a difference to Saquon Barkley makes. I mean, it's not a premonition, it's not a light lightning bult moment. It is Saquon Barkley when you gotta run it back to jumping over people backwards, he is nine hundred and twenty five yards.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, let me on what.
Speaker 6: We're doing right now.
Speaker 4: Education, take some notes at educating, because nobody wanted to running backs all of a sudden. I'm glad you said, couple, professor, Professor. I'm looking here at the top, right here, the top eleven running backs, the top five of them.
Speaker 2: All right, we're.
Speaker 4: Free agents in the off season, led by number one rushing the league right now, Dereck Henry, free agent number two, Say kwed Barkley, free agent number three, Josh Jacobs, free agent number ten, Tony Pollard number eleven.
Speaker 2: Just two yards behind him is JK. Dobbins.
Speaker 4: So what you saw where teams say we need some help at the running back position and it helped their team.
Speaker 2: There's one team who said, nah, we're good, we don't need it. We're going to ross and get our running back. Marshall stress for less and on Sundays you're running for less. So sounds like a team close to okay.
Speaker 4: So, so we can talk about Kellen Moore all day long. It's about players and running backs. Last year Philadelphia. They were not good and they also didn't help the quarterback. And now we're seeing it. I'm sorry you and I can call hey, go left, go right?
Speaker 2: The ball heard this is.
Speaker 5: This is wild man, because last year we talked about such a difference maker that Mike McCarthy was calling the players for this team right. Absolutely, so we ain't gonna get the same to Kellen being a difference maker.
Speaker 6: I'm saying right now that Kellen Moore saved Sirianni's jobs.
Speaker 2: He saved this. Okay about about to be leaving you, he should he should have handed it off of the year to court somewhere. That's a tough deal.
Speaker 6: But you got to give Kellen the credit for recognizing the error in his ways. He comes and he gets a running back and oh, by the way, he has iron head Hayward and quarterback.
Speaker 4: I mean still, how like a base He run that team like a baseball in line of car and man running man. I tell you the owners talking about they are collaborative up there. They collaborated, seeing the room by himself drawing up, nobody checking it.
Speaker 5: No, the first couple of weeks Kellen tried to, you know, put his print on it. We're gonna pass about jail. He wouldn't the lab. He wouldn't the lab, and say, you know what, how we're going this is how we're gonna go forward.
Speaker 2: Get about a SA one. You got it, man, you gotta get it man the lab. You know what they said, give it. Paul Brown was in the lab late at night. Give it to Jim Brown. You gotta give him what what what's the real gott of guy? Left and right? Got a guy? Do you give him the rock? And absolutely, absolutely absolutely he's giving the man the rock.
Speaker 6: Turns jump dumping off to you right there, and you see and you see how that version. And we've come to Philadelphia. The week that we played Philadelphia talked about the running game before. It's not like they haven't had it, but this is a different dynamic of a runner. Saquon looks reborn in this system. I mean every way that they use him, I'm like, damn, this can't be like from New York his state. I mean he is he is looking like, I mean, a whole nother guy in that system. Nine twenty eight right now now, not twenty five, after eight games, with the potential to be a thousand yard carrier after nine games.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: Heck, here's the other thing we got to talk about. The offensive lines between the Giants and the Eagles are drastically different.
Speaker 4: I mean, his dudes out here, you know, there was I can't remember the last Pro Bowl offensive lineman I saw with the Giants. Meanwhile, you go over here to Philadelphia, Man, you've got you've got a really good offensive line.
Speaker 2: So you've got that, You've got better receivers. I mean, so there's help out. You got to situation.
Speaker 4: So that's what Saquon is doing, is he's got in a better offense and he's got better play.
Speaker 2: It's a better organization.
Speaker 4: Okay, you were a better organization, so so that I mean, I don't think we should be surprised by that you stepped up. I mean it's like when these dudes transfer. Now, man, you could be this one little you know, you could be the mid major all of a sudden, you go do it. Go over here to Power five school, Things gonna get better for you. That's what Saqua basically did. Giants, I mean, you know, they might as well be out to youre operating Sunbelt the way they go. If you just Giants y'all, y'all watch that hard line when the owner said, I really want to y'all.
Speaker 2: Let that man get up out of it and go in the division.
Speaker 4: But that's that's like, that's why I tell you the organization's different.
Speaker 6: Man front, and they chose the wrong guy. And they I mean, hindsight, say, hindsight is twenty twenty. I'm sorry, I can't say they chose. They chose, they chose on the wrong guy. But I mean, look at the hop, the hop in Kansas City. I mean, after what just one game, It's like, damn, he can still catch. Like yeah, when you have a quarterback that can put it on you like that, you know that could you know? In between it don't matter. Man, He's he looks like a brand new version of himself. I'm just saying when I look at Saquon and this offensive line is isn't nearly as good as it used to be, you know, but still they got enough guys up there to get it done. You even go to Derrick Henry and Baltimore in the threat with Lamar Jackson, all of these things worked hand in glove together. I mean, it's ain't it really is just that you see the success of the running game in the NFL, and people may think that this is a brand new thing, but you see how teams like Green Bay, as you just mentioned Josh Jacob, the way that he's operating in Green Bay teams carry I mean, the carryover from that with play action. How it just really makes that joy. Come on, dog, just keep going down the line of all of these teams where the quarterback looks so much better with the running game, and then there's our quarterback that's I mean, that's our quarterback that hasn't been able to had a running game.
Speaker 2: So without that representation of a running game, I mean, come on, what Ken don't do that? What doing in Philadelphia?
Speaker 4: Brian Schottenheimer could do the same thing in Philadelphia, Brian shot him do the same thing.
Speaker 3: We'll take one bar Brian shot was the same thing if he was in the coordinated Eagles. Okay, he could have done it. Okay, yes, that's right.
Speaker 4: Come on, five hundred, just to go in there and doing califoarn doing right now, five hundred, coach, don't want to get the mad.
Speaker 2: Left go right. I don't want to get the maddest credit man. That's wow.
Speaker 3: Last year, last year.
Speaker 4: We saw what your boy did. Now he's sitting up here. Hey man, you're riding a great player was riding. It's like Michael was the Doug Collins in Game five against Cleveland.
Speaker 2: What play was that, Doug? That's called get the ball to Michael. Everybody out of the way. Because Andy Reid ain't doing nothing either then, right, hey man, because he.
Speaker 4: Got great player, right yeah, y, And in Philadelphia, and Andy Reid was a coach who couldn't get it done in Philadelphia. All of a sudden, my homes coming to Kansas City. Now he going to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: That's what happened to me.
Speaker 4: I watched Bill Belichick get fired in Cleveland, go to New England. Get Tom Brady. Now you going to the Hall of Fame. Players make a big old difference on it.
Speaker 2: So so so Bill that defense. We got time for a break. Yeah, talking about the next Richie on Dallas Cowboys. Hey, Danny mccraige, here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 8: You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, So treat yourself right with New Coconuts smoothie bowls made with real fruit crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconuts smoothie bowls only a Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to a T and T stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yetti's insulated cold ster cane cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Coowboys gear is now available at stadium proshops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. Yetti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash hugo Boss Hugo Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 11: Raisin Caines presents the other rules of Football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkled cutfries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules raising Caine's Chicken Fingers one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 6: To the players Loud Cowboy Nation, It's time to get the given season going. Tune in to see country music star Leanie Wilson and a special guest performed during the salvation Armies annual Red Kettle Kickoff halftime show this Thanksgiving on Fox. Every donation stays in the community to provide help and hope for those in need. So tune in to watch the Cowboys, Giants, and Laney Wilson this Thanksgiving and give today at Salvation Army USA dot org.
Speaker 3: What did Jerry gonna bring a rapper out there on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: No Disney Child one year? Right? Rapper? Okay? I think so We're gonna have some thug out here next week.
Speaker 6: Next time, if it's a rapper, it'll be let's post Malone. It'll be post Malone post like post Man, but Man postwisted up on us. He did the He did the White Iris in and with country like what.
Speaker 2: You fooled me? Got me back? Got back.
Speaker 4: When Joe Trey Hand was a PR guy with the with the Team, he would always send out the the notes about what concerts were coming here, acts or something like that.
Speaker 3: There was always be some country I said, like, you know, we bring to a C the a m C.
Speaker 4: Is that that would have called Chris Bean? Is that the American Country Music a CM? Whre the Source Awards coming here? Love for Doctor Dreu should not awards.
Speaker 2: All in the videos. Thank God, don't do that, Jerry, tell Jerry do that.
Speaker 3: God and so some wards and town and then we give a real crowd out in here.
Speaker 2: Things will never be the same. That would be not that, that would be something train of wars. Jerry, don't do chair.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm doing like they got the slogans and the end zone right, you know, all of the off one something like that. They got it, man, We together or something like that.
Speaker 14: But bringing the break the sources out unity, unity, slip up to the NFL cold, trying to keep my.
Speaker 4: Child, break them sources, t you awards, you know, none of that. Some jet bagazine out there too. Yeah, any artists want to be an artist. I had an executive producer all on the record the video in the background.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 4: They brought there in the forest one table something they had got Drake and Kendrick Lamar and all that boy fun show up. We have some fun, bring out their little food trucks out there in front Low Loos, chicken and waffle all that day.
Speaker 2: The foot up in here.
Speaker 4: I know there's not an official Dallas Cowboys chicken and waffle spots.
Speaker 2: I know there's not.
Speaker 15: We heard it by now, I'm not gonna even google if there's a low loas chicken and waffles.
Speaker 10: It is.
Speaker 2: It is, Okay, I thought it was what you just made up on the fly right down the street this week.
Speaker 4: Okay, loads right, Greater, make greater, Maga sish five man low loans.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, I'm just saying all right.
Speaker 4: So the blueprint was first laid out by Vic Fangio and he was coaching the Denver Broncos and Vic has since moved on to now coordinate the Philadelphia Eagles. And that was Vic Fangio saying, hey, man, you know what, run the ball, and these guys started to run, and you know you could beat these dudes, basically get physical with this football team.
Speaker 3: So Vic Fangil is now bringing his Eagles here and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, their physical bunch. The the blueprint is going to pretty much stay the same.
Speaker 6: So yeah, what do you think about Well, I think that Vic Vangil and Mike McCarthy literally have a history together. I think Vangil was the defensive coordinator for the Bears back in the day and been.
Speaker 2: Right, and Mike used to whoop him all the time. I mean seven in a row.
Speaker 6: I believe was his record versus Vicvangiel until Evangiel came in here with the Denver Broncos and beat him when he was six and oh and gave him that loss at home. And then last year against the Dolphins, he sacked Dack four times as well. So I mean he's figured something out about that scheme, but also he's figured out how to put pressure.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 6: But don't look any further than this. His front line, jay Leen Carter, a company those guys are going to. That's that's why I was talking about the running game, and that's what I'm saying, like, even if Dak had played, you would have to have a running game, an approach to a running game in this in this game because of the kind of pressure that they're gonna put on you, and he's gonna sit those two safeties over the top and take away so many of your other things. I want to give your Toledo brother, Kenyon Mitchell, Mitchell, give your boy Kenyon Mitchell some credit because has came into that.
Speaker 2: I think he has six pbu's or something for on the season.
Speaker 6: But he looks like a really good system guy right now, you know, And I think that's all you need on the other side. Obviously you got Slaton and Big Slay, right, there are some weaknesses to be but there are some weaknesses.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing.
Speaker 6: Now, you ask yourself, can Rush find those weaknesses without a running game, without any threat of the play action? That really kind of changes things. And that's when defense is just pinning their ears back. And so I look at this game, and as much as people are talking about what you know, Cooper Rush and the success that he could potentially have, don't be surprised if you see Trey Lance. Don't don't be surprised if Trey Lance may make a showing just organically, because it may end up being that kind of game.
Speaker 4: All Right, We've got Thursday night football here, so I want to make sure we get this in. We missed Monday Night last week.
Speaker 2: Though y'all know who I would have picked already on Yeah, I told Chris.
Speaker 3: Christ mentioned that.
Speaker 2: He be saying, now Chris text nothing, We wrote it down. Yeah, yeah, we'll see the integrity.
Speaker 4: So it's Cincinnati taking on Baltimore in Baltimore, Baltimore six and a half.
Speaker 3: Give me the Ravens twenty six to twenty one.
Speaker 8: In this.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with the Ravens. I'm gonna go with through Ravens. I'm gonna go I think Ravens. I'm going thirty one, thirty one twenty four. Oh man, Joe Joe Burrow, Yeah, Joe busy, No secondary kind of week over there in Baltimore one twenty four. You said thirty one twenty four this week, But give me Baltimore as well, talking about talking about it. I can't do that one, man, I can't, you know, Lamar Finn to go off, Dereck Henry Finn to go I'll give me twenty eight, twenty one, twenty eight twenty one, No, T Higgins, Yeah, yeah, just.
Speaker 2: I keep being been playing.
Speaker 3: It looks like this would be It looks like a job opening in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Zac Taylor gotta be better.
Speaker 3: But Candy, I you know your boy killing Moore may be the head coach.
Speaker 2: Hey, MVP Joe Burrow coming. Yeah, like that's the case. That's the case, man, If that's the case, get my man ready. You've been talking about loyal to the soil. This guy right here try to playing y'all before the season. Very will never leave your baby, I heard was he.
Speaker 3: Asked Daniel Jones that question about me, Sake, I made.
Speaker 2: I made that mistake. Yeah yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: Just her last year charged in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Last year didn't didn't happen.
Speaker 3: It didn't happen.
Speaker 2: They just needed a head coach.
Speaker 3: They got one now, Kellamore one.
Speaker 2: And done Llamore one and done.
Speaker 6: See what he's doing so far, man, y'all see masterful Josh Sample Sad just covered the running game.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, you Saquon Barkle, this is this should run the ball. This is there, it's there, it's there that Sake can really run the ball. They could be doing the same thing in Indianapolis. They ain't doing it for Brian Daball did it his first year.
Speaker 3: So when Brian Dabo got to they were nine, the seventh they ran.
Speaker 4: They went to the playoffs like they was out hit destroy They went to thirteen and three Minnesota and want to play.
Speaker 2: They want to play all game. They was out there destroying team. Finished.
Speaker 4: They took they took a bad Giants team and Brian Dabo said, give it ball a Saquon bar They go out here and they gonna make the playoffs, win a playoff game on the broken see and Daniel Jones and food and anything, and he's a good quarterback.
Speaker 2: Got forty million here, that's.
Speaker 6: How that's the how.
Speaker 5: See if it was literally there was nothing else going on, but ya like A J. Brown ain't out there, Devontae Smith ain't. Now you hurt the bottle people about the likes a bit bot, but come on down like they doing that thing.
Speaker 2: Out here as well as far as like you.
Speaker 6: If you break this down into percentages, how much of the say the discovery of Saquon for Keller Moore play into that is that twenty fifty percent?
Speaker 2: Where are your on it?
Speaker 5: But we can also understand, like you just said, there's guys on the outside that make that box lighterwona bullet watching this is the top of A. J. Brown and Davanta Smith at the time, Barry, you can just saying, man, y'all you hate on.
Speaker 2: My guy, all y'all hating on your guys just after he's come in here and do what he's gonna do. Okay, I don't know. I don't hear that. Okay, I don't want hear that. Young non stand that he's no coach soul, all right? He m Harrison very search of him to instruct Coach soul by the ways might be dangers, head coach of the Saved. You guys, he ain't doing nothing.
Speaker 4: Chris Bean Jazz and everybody else who has been hurd uh this players latter plays.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Coowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club