Speaker 1: First date of follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com. Remy is on the phone today for a first date follow up and he's getting ghosted by Tererka. So in a minute, we're gonna call her and tell us why she's ghosting and maybe get another date. But first, Remy, how long has it been since you heard from Tarika?
Speaker 2: It's been about two weeks.
Speaker 3: Now, Okay, have you reached out to her?
Speaker 4: I mean at first I was reaching out, but no, I've kind of gotten the point and you know, held back recently.
Speaker 3: Why don't you tell us about your date?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sure, So we went out to stake place in town I really like, and then after that we went out for a froyo and then we even went out a little dive bar I really like after that. So I don't know, it was a great night, you know, you know, we met up around seven, and you know, by the time I dropped her off, it was you know, almost already night. So great night, a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: This is always weird to me when you go to three different locations and then you get ghosted, because at that point you have a pretty good feeling that like, this person wants to spend time with you, like you had it out two different times.
Speaker 3: Did you feel like she was super nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was she was super nice.
Speaker 4: I like, you know, we talked a while before even our first date, and like, I don't know, we're both vib being really good together. And yeah, it was really weird that she didn't tell me anything was wrong.
Speaker 5: So could it be like work or family related that she's not like something's going on in her personal life?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean she she's some like she really had her stuff together, But you know, it's definitely possible she get just gotten busy. But you know, like I said, it's been in a couple of weeks, so I figured if she wanted to go out another date, maybe she would have answered me. But I really at least, you know, want.
Speaker 5: To know why during the date, Remy, did she give you feelings that she liked you?
Speaker 3: Did she say that?
Speaker 5: Or is there something that could have possibly happened that would have made the date kind of take a turn?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Like so I guess the one thing is I was making like kind of some suggestive comments, like you know, because things were going so well, like you know how much I liked her and stuff. It seemed like those feelings were kind of reciprocated. But I don't know, maybe I pushed too hard, Like that's the only thing I could really think of.
Speaker 5: But like what did you say? What direction were you pushing? Like who I really liked you? I can't reason we get married or.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, no, no, nothing like that, but just like, oh, you know, next time I have to do this, and you know, things like that, like you know kind of you know, you know, insinuating that, you know, just want to be the only you know, date.
Speaker 3: I think that's some good things.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't think of anything awkward that happened or any reason that you'd be getting ghosted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, Like, uh, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe I wasn't dressed right, like I was wearing like corduroy pants or something. Maybe she was chudding me on that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Corduroys are in now, so ish okay, so maybe you were.
Speaker 3: Getting judged on that, Like I mean, I like them? How tight were they?
Speaker 4: They said? Just that's right? Man?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well we'll see if that is the issue, we'll play a song come back and then call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you, and then maybe get you another date if you still want.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, also appreciate it.
Speaker 3: So we'll play a song, come back and get your first day follow up next.
Speaker 1: Right in the middle of your first day follow up if you're just joining us, Remy is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Tarika. So in a second we're going to call her and see if she tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Remy, why don't you catch everybody up on your date with Tarica?
Speaker 4: So yeah, we went out to steak place, we had frozen yogurt, you know, we went to a dive bar, you know, all together. We're together probably for about five hours. It's a great day. You know, A text her a few times after the date. But now it's been about two weeks, haven't heard from her. Don't know if she was judging me on my corduroy chain. There's some of the talent tele is making, you know, you know, hoping that we would you know, it wouldn't be our only date or anything like that. And yeah, I'm just really like to hear from her again, or at least find out like why I haven't heard from her?
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, you're ready for us to call her?
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, Hi.
Speaker 3: I speak to Erica. Please. This is hey Tarica. How are you?
Speaker 1: My name is Jewbell and I'm calling from a radio show. It's called the Jebel Show.
Speaker 3: Hi, Sarah, I'm Nina. I'm also on the show. Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 6: Please.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 3: You listen to the show.
Speaker 1: Ever, Yeah, we do a segment on the show called the First Date follow Up, where if you go on a date with somebody and ghost them, that person emails us to call you up and ask why you're ghosting them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 3: We got an email about you?
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, it's.
Speaker 3: From a dude named Remy. Oh no, oh yeah, yep, you go?
Speaker 6: Can I say yes?
Speaker 3: And no? Okay? Yeah? Would you mind explaining to us what that means? Though, I get like, I.
Speaker 6: Definitely put off messaging him back. I'll put it that way. I put off.
Speaker 3: Messaging him back, so he's not ghost yet, it's just delayed. Just mailed him a letter. At this point, it sounds funny.
Speaker 6: It wasn't anything like I literally just got thrown off. That was that was it. Like it wasn't like anything. I was just thrown off. Okay, So I couldn't stop thinking about what happened where we went to get frozen yogurt, like like I don't know what happened, but like he he like became like a monster in that proio shop, Like he added everything that they had available for toppings and stuff, and he went bonkers, like he added everything like cookies and gummy bears and sprinkles and the Chobo syrup and the strawberry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like he was having a Yeah, it sounds like something I do too.
Speaker 5: I know he's end up sending forty bucks.
Speaker 3: Sppings are so good. I don't understand what you was just one right.
Speaker 6: Well it was my thought process, but I was like I was like weird. I was like, okay, this thing is going to weigh forty pounds. And I was just like has you never been to one of these places? Like is this first time out of the house, Like no, I just I guess I thought about it like way too much. And then I was like, well, I'll get back to him. You know. I was still in my head and then I completely forgot to get back to him.
Speaker 3: Okay, just for that sounds like something, Victoria. Yeah, obviously you're judging him on having so many toppings? Does that?
Speaker 5: Does that tell you something about his kid charter? You're just really not sure how somebody can mix cookies and gummy bears together. I'm not really understanding how this was like an ick for you.
Speaker 6: It just it's just like a lot like I think.
Speaker 2: I was just stunned.
Speaker 6: It was kind of like a train wreck kind of thing. I was just watching it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I just can't I.
Speaker 6: Just can't stop thinking about it. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me ask you this, Erika. This will help me understand. What do you put on your frozen yogurt?
Speaker 6: Oh? Well, like the flavors coordinate, like I'll do like, you know, two three flavors that like all make sense together, but no toppings. I'll do some toppings, but I'll do like, oh, like, let's do like a strawberry and a chocolate with like some fresh strawberries on it or something like that that makes sense, Like I do a couple of things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, I get it now. Her closet is like it's color coordinating.
Speaker 3: It is actually yeah, see okay, it just needed to understand, Okay, why the chaos.
Speaker 2: Was the.
Speaker 6: Chaos is a good word for it.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the reason that you're ghosting is because of the toppings on his froyo.
Speaker 6: I was just kind of picturing, you know how, like there's those people at the like soda fountains that they get like a splash of every single flavor in the cup like that always.
Speaker 3: Okay, I do that too. What Yeah, it's a very incoction. It's called anina.
Speaker 5: I understand you called your name like Nina aid, you know, like lemonade was like.
Speaker 3: Anyways, Erka, thank you for telling us.
Speaker 1: I should also let you know that Remy is on the phone listening and wants to talk to a little.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I guess I kind of like you could say a fruit punch of frozen yogurt, like, uh, you've heard of the kid in the candy store, while I'm like the man in the frog place, Like I just can't make up my mind. So I guess maybe I didn't want to hold on the date, so of deciding I just added a little bit of everything. Sorry about that.
Speaker 3: If I don't think you need to apologize.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I'm just pretty offended. So I love it, Okay.
Speaker 6: So I clarification, I'm so sorry. I was not offended. I was just blown away flesh. My mind is just blown Like I don't think I had the power to think after that.
Speaker 4: You know, maybe sometime I could go out for pizza or something, but you know, I like to order a lot of topics those.
Speaker 6: So I was gonna say, like, how many topics go on your pizza? Like are you one of those people that puts party contina butter or something, but.
Speaker 4: Maybe some sausage and pine apple and green pepper and onion and Canadian bacon and taco and you know pepperoni and black oloves green olives, so not too many mushrooms, but not too many toppings.
Speaker 6: But I don't know that well, at least like with pizzas, you can usually order like a half and half.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so it was just a proo huh. Like it was really kind of going around an ear from you.
Speaker 6: Oh Like I wasn't really like ghosting me because of it. I just got in my head about it and then I honestly I meant to get back to you, and then I just.
Speaker 3: I didn't like that.
Speaker 6: That's what like, I wish I had a better use. I wish I had a clever and I have.
Speaker 1: Nothe it was just, would you like to go out with me again? We'll pay for it. I mean, we'll pay for most of it. I don't know how much is FROO cost if you guys get Froo, but we'll pay for it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess the bag. Your question is like, is he willing to go out with me again?
Speaker 3: That's fair?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know that, uh pizza with the twenty toppings sounded pretty good now, so that'd be awesome.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, if you want a third date, just don't get the tiny topping pizza.
Speaker 3: I'm like, good first date follow up