Speaker 1: Say it again, that Charlotte man saying is true. Yes, donkey today for Thursday, May thirtie.
Speaker 2: If it's a double donkey, yes, the two subjects involved both will get the credit they deserve for being stupid. So the heat goes to a man named Corey Harris. Now Corey is from washed Washingtona County, Michigan, and the hall goes to the Honorable Judge Cedric Simpson.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's discuss now.
Speaker 2: You know, ever since COVID, people have been having to go to court via zoom. I don't know if it's for sure zoom, but it's some type of video conference thing.
Speaker 1: And Corey Harris was ordered.
Speaker 2: To appear before the court on a video conference for driving on a suspended license. I repeat, Corey Harris was ordered to appear before the court on a video conference. That context is very important. So when you're listening to this audio, just not that the judge in the courtroom can see core sorry, the court can see him.
Speaker 1: That context is very important.
Speaker 2: So once again, remember he's on a video conference for driving on a suspended license. Okay, that is the charge. Would you like to know why Corey is getting donkey today? Let's go to local for news for the report.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 3: Ever, since some court proceeding this went on zoom, you really never know what to expect, and this judge did not see this coming.
Speaker 4: Mister har are you driving, Ashley, I'm pulling into my doctor's office.
Speaker 1: Actually, just give me one second.
Speaker 3: You can see the shock on his face. Judge Cedric Simpson nearly speechless.
Speaker 1: She's stationary.
Speaker 4: I'm pulling in right now as the second Yes.
Speaker 3: This hearing happened on May fifteenth in Washington County. The defendant, Corey Harris, had a suspended license, yet joined the court proceeding from behind the wheel. The judge needed to get something straight.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at his record. He doesn't have a license, he's suspended, and he's just driving.
Speaker 1: That is correct, your inner.
Speaker 5: I don't even know why he would do that. So defendant's bond is revoked in this matter if it is to turn himself into the watching kind of deal by six pm to day, Oh my god, turn himself in while we resulting the bench forn't with no bond.
Speaker 2: This man was on a video conference for driving on a suspended license while he was driving. Now it's obvious why Corey is getting donkey today. Right, Corey, we can see you, my brother. I need to know the thought process, like you woke up, said your prayers, brush your teeth, digit daily affirmations. I don't know what your morning routine is, but at some point you made a choice. You made a conscious decision to say, I gotta go to the doctor, and I don't got nobody to drive me. But I also don't have a license, and I also have to go to court via video conference because I don't have a license because I was driving without one.
Speaker 1: So at some point your.
Speaker 2: Brain told you that's perfectly okay, this is fine. I'm gonna just jump on the video conference while I'm driving, even though I'm in virtual court for driving with.
Speaker 1: A suspended license. Well, Corey, if you.
Speaker 2: Don't give a damn, we don't give a fornication under consent of the king either.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The other part of Corey's situation that bothers me. If that man wasn't quick on his feet at all. Soon as the judge would have said to me, are you driving, I would have said, no, sir.
Speaker 1: This is a tesla. Okay.
Speaker 2: I would have threw my hands up and said, this is a self driving car. Look, Judge, no hands. Okay, Judge Simpson wouldn't have known what to do. Now, I told you all this was a double donkey here the day Corey gets the heat, Judge Cedric Simpson needs the heart. The reason I'm giving Judge Cedric Simpson the hall is because Judge Cedric Simpson required him to report to.
Speaker 1: The county jail later the same day.
Speaker 2: The man only had a public defender, and the public defender requested in the German of the case, and Judge Simon Simpson said, no, go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass gold, and not collect two hundred dollars. Judge, I'm not saying you should have let him off, because people have to be responsible for the consequences of their actions. But damn it, Judge, at least hit a full story. Have him come to the courthouse immediately so you can hear more. But just don't send the brother to jail. The man was headed to the doctor. You know how hard it is to get some brothers to go to the doctor. Judge Simpson, you black, You should understand if this man had a doctor's appointment and didn't have anyone else to take him and took a risk like this, you know, to go to the doctor. Clearly something is wrong. I don't want to self diagnose anyone. But I am a doctor myself. In case you didn't know, I have an honorary doctorate from South Carolina State University.
Speaker 1: He dropped on the CLU Southlona State, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: So if I had to diagnose Corey, I'm gonna say he has high blood pressure. He's trying to get that down. His LDL cholesterols too high, might even be diabetic. All of that is causing issues with his heart. Therefore, the man had to go see the doctor. Judge Cedric Simpson, okay, because he's dying, all right, and you must beat the ten man because you need a heart. I didn't say let the man off, but you know, due to the circumstances, at least call him in the court and hear him out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hell, the man might need.
Speaker 2: A psychological evaluation because I see a lot of beetlejuice from Howard Stern show around his eyes. Just look past as glass as you can see the beetlejuice from Howard Stern right around his eyes. He looks on a lot of levels like Beetlejuice's half brother. They got the same daddy, different mamas. The moral of the story is jail cannot always be the answer all the time.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: People are being forced to make decisions off the series of circles ccumstances, most of them financial. Well, if he didn't have extra money for uber, he clearly didn't have no money for an attorney. Doctor Bill is piling up, can barely afford his stating for his cholesterol. Damn it, Judge, have some compassion and give Beatle Juice brother a break. Please give Corey Harris and Judge Cedric Simpson the biggest he huh.
Speaker 4: Jess ain't got no compassion for that man, certainly not in you a clown, because first of all, the only I do have compassion because you said he was dying and you don't know that.
Speaker 1: You don't know if that man is dying. And then I am a doctor.
Speaker 4: He was dark around you know how you paid for it? No, he was, he was dark around, just like you was duck around. So you cannot say, and.
Speaker 1: I had I had high blood fresh that's on you. That's on you.
Speaker 4: That just must run his family, that might run in his family.
Speaker 2: You don't know, and we don't even know why he was in court and elesterols over two forty. They could have been in court for a driving spent like something. Maybe he did something driving man, he got into an accident. We don't know why he was in court, why the judge suspended his license.
Speaker 1: But what are you talking about? You know he had a suspended license.
Speaker 2: While we don't know why his license was suspended. We don't know if he just didn't pay something, if that was the reason why he didn't have insurance, or if he got into an accident, or if it was a d why we don't know why.
Speaker 1: It don't matter why his license suspend it.
Speaker 4: The fact of the matter is he didn't have a license and he was driving, and he answered the phone and told him to wait a minute. I'm about to pull right into this. Hold on one second, Hold on, judge, jail, one second.
Speaker 1: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: We don't know why that man was going to the doctor. That is what we should be thinking about. No, I should think about that, No he should.
Speaker 4: You said he hadn't have enough for lyft or uber, but you driving a car that needs gas we're talking.
Speaker 1: About could have been stolen.
Speaker 2: And you have shut up man, and you have a kope.
Speaker 1: You have a kope where you're going to doctor? Times is hard.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got to steal cars to get to the doctor, to pay for things that I can't even afford. Times, it is hard that some sympathy for this man, some empathy. Oh all right, got me spitting all over these people microphone.
Speaker 1: I know anyway you do that, anyway, you do that anyway? All right? Whoa pause? That's crazy, that was crazy. You just you just you just you just can't stop on stuff. I'm glad.
Speaker 4: I ain't me too, y'all make people that's gate. Don't even want to be gating like y'all.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just be straight down.
Speaker 4: He listening to the c is making people get delivered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, deeply seated homosexual Okay.
Speaker 2: Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney.
Speaker 1: Michael the Bull, Lamb and Soft. Don't be a donkey.
Speaker 2: When you need a fighter on your side, if you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com.
Speaker 1: That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns. Wake that ass up in the morning. Breakfast Club