Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you.
Speaker 2: If I bet three sixty five, it is me, Joey, p Joke, Pisapia. That of course is the Welsh, and it's you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks hanging out here on a fun Friday. We're gonna try to get to your questions. Welsh on the home run board again. Somebody is getting hot, my trout stealing bases, Welsh calling home runs.
Speaker 1: I think we're in the upside down world. What's happening right now? I'm defeating Ai. AI is not able to well it was really just a wheel, but the wheel is not able to get me a home run. But I had to do it all natural with the Dolice Garcia and we'll try to go for two. I just walk back on that board. Put me back on that home run board.
Speaker 2: Please, not there yet, Not there. Michael obviously knows what today really is. Hello all, and welcome to the Tortured Baseball Hosts Apartment Day. Yes, that's right. The new Taylor Swift double album. Oh my god, my god, my god just dropped last night. I know, I know it means a lot in my house.
Speaker 1: I have two daughters. You know, my daughter loves twelve and fourteen. My daughter loves Taylor Swift. I didn't know an album was dropping, and then it did, and then I saw the excitement that no one knew that the second album was dropping. What I do love though, And you know this about me as Taylor is jumping in apparently I don't know any of this. I've just this is from the internet jumping into like the shade department because there's a song, isn't there a song that is like at Kim Kardashian and it's got like yeah, okay and yeah, I kind of like I like the pettiness. I'm down for it, especially for like the richest people on the planet to like be petty.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that with other rich people. You're right, You're right. It brings Welsh joy. Here's a question from Whips Joey p and Knoli Welsh. That's a good nickname for you. In my OBP league, I was offered Adolas Garcia for CJ. Abrams. What do you think can I move Oneo Cruz to shortstop and Nolan Gorman to middle infield? What do you think about this deal here Garcia for Abrams.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I would do it. I'm not sure unless I was really really chasing power so on itl Yesterday I put out a pole and we discussed it. Bagman and I. It was who'd you rather have rest of season? Boba Shit or CJ. Abrams. And we had a couple people that were like, oh, you know, recency bias, what is going on? But guess what. CJ Abrams ran away with that, and obviously there's a recency to it. You and I have also been like, hey, CJ. Abrams might be a superstar. Well, you couldn't look at the profile right now. Obviously he steals bases, his batting average is up, he's barreling the ball more, he's hitting the ball harder, he's getting the ball in the air, and these are things that I wasn't so sure he was going to do. So I thought the power is in question. But he's hitting consistently. So all of this to say, even if the profile kind of like simmers down a little bit, I just really think he is immensely valuable for all five categories this year. Adolies is the Hey I want Big RBIs I want big homer chase, but there's no stolen basis, so I don't want to be like one foot in, one foot out and say, well, if you only need homers, I lean c j Abrams here. But if you are a heavy, heavy chase on stolen bases and you're comfortable because you have O'Neil Cruz, sure you could do it. But I'm team c j Abrams.
Speaker 2: Cruz has struggled recently too, has not been a good week or the last seven days for him. Statistically speaking, I don't think it's gonna last. But still I think that's the biggest problem too. If Cruz was playing really well, it's an no brainer for me. But Cruise hasn't played great, so I don't know. I mean, I would probably take this deal and put the faith at Cruise could be good enough that I don't have to worry about that. The other part of this is, too, is how I feel about Nolan Gorman. And you know, I've never been the biggest Nolan Gorman guy, so I think that's a bit of an issue. But let's get after the headlines. Let's start about Logan Webb. A seven shownout innings yesterday, a win over the Diamondbacks, who cannot buy a win in San Francisco. What in the world I saw that stat yesterday, I was like, I wish I knew that stat yesterday because I would have been all in on that one because they've been terrible there. But good outing for Logan Web, which he definitely needs, so we can all breathe the sigh of relief.
Speaker 1: I want to comment on it real quick sure before we move on to it, because my bet of the day yesterday was Diamondbacks money line first five, and it was looking pretty good. They got to Web super early on Ryan Nelson got smacked in the elbow in like the second or third inning and got knocked out of the game, and they had Logan Allen come in, who then proceeded to give up a run and then shut everything down. But then you just had Web shut them down. If you watch the game. One of the craziest things about this too horrible umpire by the way every call on the outside of the plate was given to Logan Web, whether it was a change up, a slider, a fastball, and then the Diamondbacks were just feeding it and eating into it. But that's what's like special about logan Web, and that is what I really love about him, by the way, is that as a smart pitcher who attacks those advantages, and he did that last night. I didn't cash it even though it was a one nothing game. A tie would have pushed the bet, So that kind of stunk. But the Diamondbacks stink right now and logan Web totally back on the come up. And I hope you're feeling better about logan Web because you were definitely not a like the Swift and then you got.
Speaker 2: The crappiet out of him in the spring, and then the first couple of starts he got the crappy out of it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you getn't smacked it a love of the ballpark.
Speaker 2: Something's wrong. So a little concerning again when a picture has a good track record of being good. I don't want to overreact to spring, but it was hard to ignore when you're giving up the most hits in spring and your logan Web like that should not be either. Jack Lighter not the best debut. Seven runs and three and two thirds innings, struck out three. There were some good moments I think you take away in this start to a very emotional guy in the dugout, perhaps on the mound too. This was kind of the knock on his daddy. I remember when he was young, coming up in the late eighties with the Yankees, because I'm old enough to remember that al Lighter was a very emotional picture. He had a hard time sometimes corralling his emotions, letting his emotions settle in, and allowing him to be in command of the mound. And it wasn't until he got traded from the Yankees to the Blue Jays that it started to happen. And then eventually the Marlins really merged. I think the best version of alt Lighter into that later stage veteran Mets period. But you know, I know, different pitchers, lefty, righty, all that same stuff. But what do you make of the Jack Lighter start yesterday. I'm attributing a little bit of it to nerves, and I'm curious to see what the second one is more than this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's definitely I wasn't right in, you know, saying, hey, this is a good matchup. I think the logic made sense. He was awesome in the this is weird. He was awesome in the first inning. Three pitches strikeout, bam. Two strikes were golden. Oh, I was ready to quote tweets and then just smashed in the second inning.
Speaker 2: It was that the analysis again, it was that's.
Speaker 1: The advanced analysis of.
Speaker 2: Getting analysis like that anywhere else, folks.
Speaker 1: And this funny, uh concasious put like you serve up like meatball fastballs to Hobby Baia is like, that's where there's a problem. But then the third inning he kind of found himself again, and then the fourth inning things fell apart. There's some bad defense that played into it. But the end of the day, he didn't get any really whiffs off of the slider. It was some of the fastball which looked good, but he didn't command it. And his change up. I'd love to see the change up more because he had a pretty good whiff rate on that, but it's a command issue, like he wasn't able to be consistent. I thought there were good signs of life. I just thought this was a really good matchup. He got beat up. I don't I think he'll get another start and got I looked, oh it's Seattle. Seattle should be the next startup, which offense is kind of stuttered. There's really good k potential. It's a little dangerous if you're gonna end up starting it. But it was a pretty I don't know, I was pretty discouraged about like the start in general, but I do think there's possibilities that this can turn around. But we got to see better command because he fell apart there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agreed. I think we'll see another start and look, even if the next one isn't ideal, you'll still see Jack Lider again at some point this season. Like I think, I don't think you bring him up there and then you just kind of send them down for the rest of the year. There will be other injuries. Let's take a quick break in the action and tell you about Rival Fantasy. If you want to up fantasy baseball game, the only place to do it is Rival Fantasy this MLB season. If you're already missing the thrill of the draft, jump into one of the Rival Fantasy's daily or weekly Best Ball drafts, select your squad, sit back and watch the points. Roll in Looking for DFS games you can't find anywhere else. Try Fantasy Bingo. It's a game where you pick a lineup featuring any active players on a given day without a salary cap. See which players complete achievements on your bingo cards to win. With each card costing only one buck each, it's the easiest way to get into the action. And if you've got strong opinions about one player over another, Rival Fantasys challenges are tailor made for settling those debates once and for all. Pick which player you think will score more Fantasy points that day, throw down some money and see who comes out on top. Invite your friends and play MLB DFS on Rival Fantasy. Sign up at Join Rival dot com Slash Fantasy Pros to claim your two hundred dollars deposit. Match again. That's Join Rival dot Com Slash Fantasy Pros. We'll see you in the arena, and now back to the action. There's sures are news to share. We're gonna get to that a little later in the show, but he's gonna be coming back earlier than later. Some other news was really interesting to me. Tristan McKenzie is pitching through a torn ligament in his elbow. I don't know if that explains the six two three era. Instead of going through Tommy John, he decided to do rehab. But clearly, I mean he has not been good in the first three starts. So what do you make of this news? Because this is something that I think we're all looking around at each other saying, all right, well, if you're not healthy enough to be pitching here, the results are bad. I mean, the guardians kind of have to make a decision, don't they.
Speaker 1: I feel like this was like leaked in a when he gets because I think he pitches today when he gets hit up today, immedia Tommy John like he's like, he's it's not gonna be good outing, and then they've leaked this story and then by Monday he's gonna be having some type of surgery or something like that. I don't know. I'm not a doctor, so I don't know the different levels of like why are we comfortable with someone with a tear, like obviously it could be like a real minuscule tear and if you but this is a problem though. I think when you're dealing with a situation like this, they're going to be like, all right, you've got extra maintenance. You've got to maintain this arm. But obviously that's not natural. If if you're changing what you do and you're having to kind of pay attention to this and baby this situation, he's not pitching to his highest level. No, I don't know what that serves, but yeah, McKenzie, it's a bad situation. He was a good dynasty option. He's not right now, and I think we all clearly know like what we are in line for here very shortly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Garcia obviously yesterday a big day, so homering two for five, that's what you want out of him. So good on the well she another home run for him. Unfortunately my stuff got rained out yesterday. So bummer for Bell and try and get another one in time. Too busy doing football shows for NFL Draft. The Cubs activated James and tie On from the IL and also Patrick Wisdom. Where does Wisdom fit in with the Cubs now? Between Morell and obviously Michael Bush has been red hot?
Speaker 1: Like, where's spot for Wisdom?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know exactly where it is. It is keeping that bench warm, get those seats, move around, make sure that any of the bleacher parts are nice and warm for all the really, really good players. I don't see where that he'll be a pinch hit, day off type of guy. I just don't see where the fitt is. Michael Bush is too good Chris Morel has been solid with sales Suzuki out there might be a little bit more flexibility and maybe dhing in a short period of time, But Wisdom was like just a big power chase, you know, maybe a good matchup or something like that, but you won't be keeping that bench nice and warm.
Speaker 2: Before we get to the wheels of Mike Trout, remember bet three sixty five. Use that promo code leading off bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. When you do again, we want you to bet responsibly as well. Twenty one or over, eighteen or over in Kentucky gambling problem called one hundred gambler or one hundred bets off in Iowa, terms and conditions apply. Again, use that promo code for bet three sixty five. The promo code is leading off to bet five bucks, he get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Welsh something fun here. Mike Trout has five steals now after stealing two more bags yesterday. Is the speedback for Mike Trout. Because this offseason, a lot of really good analysts were still off of Mike Trout even at the ADP they were getting. There was one guy who was not. Now it's you before you start, you know, hyper extending your arm to pat yourself on the back. Here, that's scorn. It is still April. But more importantly, I think this is something that even if you were a supportive of Mike Trout, I don't think anybody saw this starting you know, six, you know, eight steals possibly in April when all said and done. Now, I don't think anybody had that necessarily on their radar.
Speaker 1: Well you could, you could have envisioned the possibility because of Ron Washington, Like this is what he does. He wants his teams to run, and that is typically something that can be aggressive across the board. The reason maybe it wouldn't have happened would be obvious, like you don't want your your only really great star player to be hurt. This is what he does. He is supportive of base stealing and when you look like baseball savant. As far as speed ratings go, he's trod has had like tiny, tiny tickdowns, but it's been like a ninety five or higher, Like he still can run. I think there might have just been philosophy differences, there might have been injury base things. That's not the case. Washington green Light and we are seeing in full force, and this is the type of stuff we're talking about. The obvious Mike Trout thing, by the way, is like great except when not, you know, he gets hurt. That's the argument anyone's gonna make. But this was the first year it felt like the narrative change from He's gonna get hurt to yeah, it's gonna get hurt. And he's also like not really good anymore because he's striking out and he doesn't steal. And this has been a complete turnaround.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is like in the Suspect too, and I think that had a lot to do with it, and a lot of people like the surrounding parts. You know, you take o Tani out of this lineup, it's a much different looking lineup.
Speaker 1: But also there's I think again it comes back to like offensive philosophy. Look at the drop right now. It's very early in the season, but twenty percent percentage last last year, which is the highest his career. It's down to twenty point two, which is one of the lowest that he's had. I dare get into this that you could potentially see this as a selling opportunity, but I don't know why you would have like invested in Trout and then you're like, all right, I'm just waiting for my opportunity to sell. The reasons would be if the injuries start to loom, his hard hit numbers are down. But I kind of wonder from the success standpoint, is this similar to like Cody Bellinger in that his hard hit numbers are coming down, but he's making sure his barrel. You know, he's barreling up higher, he's making better contact, he's making better decisions while he lowers his strikeout rate. So maybe some of the top end could fade as the season goes on. But if he steals more bases and he lowers his k's, we're gonna have vintage Mike Trout. And guess what deal of deals? Absolute deal of deals when you were drafting in like late February and early March, when he was going in the fifties and sixties and everyone's like, h screw it, get rid of him. If you at all think that you know we're coming to a head here, and you believe a lot of the people that were in the full fades, then sell them, sell them, get out, because you can sell for King's ransom right now, I wouldn't gone.
Speaker 2: Right here the baron drout greater than jay Rod. Maybe no, not right now, No, I mean right here. No, Look who's got the better stats in April? Fine, But if you if if here's the perfect example, if somebody is souring on Jay Rod in your league and you have my trout, I make this trade in a heartbeat. I'm taking Julio the rest of the season period and end of the story. And I'm not even looking back. And I think that's a deal you can pull off. And it's a big blockbuster kind of deal. And if you have Trout, you mean, you know, you might close your eyes a little bit and hit except there because you're a little going, Okay, baby's gonna happen. Maybe it's not, but I would trust in Julio. He's such a fantastic player. In every April he does the same thing. It's like, just set your watch. It was like Mark to Chera was like that too. He was like the worst in April for like an eight year period. I don't know what it is about these guys in April, certain guys, but that is a trade right now that I'd be looking at making if I could.
Speaker 1: No, we will say, like again, Ramashin is letting him run. He's gonna keep running if he stays healthy. And let's even just like arguing, say, like the Power, even though it's been prolific so far, it even tapers down. Hard to not envision that Mike Trout is gonna be a thirty thirty guy this year. So everything that we're building up, I think this really just comes down to injuries. Like Mike Trout is proving like, hey, I look it, I lowered this k rate that you all were like really hyper focused on. I'm making it work. Even though I've got more homers than RBI or whatever, like, those are all good things. He's gonna come back to a bound to Earth, but he could still be a thirty thirty guy. So you just have to figure out where that is for your own teams. But if people are talking about j Rod and people are talking about you know, first round talents, there really might be some cool opportunities.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: I see Dan in there, judge your Trout rest of season, I mean judge Judge. Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 2: Hard, you know, and the people who are like banging on Julio Ron Riguez. Right now, let's just read you a stat line for Julio after the bad April last year, somebody called him Byron Buckses in the chat, bro, you get one hundred and two runs, scored, one hundred and eighty hits, thirty seven doubles, thirty two homers, one hundred and three ribies.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, and he also stole thirty seven bases. Stop it.
Speaker 2: You sound like an idiot when you say stuff like that. Don't say stupid things in my chat, like I'm sorry, it's dumb. Don't say that in my chat. And the year before and one hundred and thirty two games again with a sour April in his first season, still ended up with twenty eight homers and twenty five steals. Where are those years for Byron Boxton? Come on, this is when we get stupid and we start to look. We hyper focus, it says, saying this guy's a slow starter, this is who he is, instead of looking at the bigger picture of this and the fact that he's Oh wait, how old is he now? Well she is twenty three years old.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, stop it. We got full like we got Madge, I like, I personally liked mad Joe. Mad Joe's my favorite. You got like a thin died Joe. What about this? Real quick? Wonky said, why is it automatically? Judge? You know I was gonna say Judge is also injury prone, so to me it was an automatic. I don't know if I was kind of like automatic for me.
Speaker 2: Injury prone but better team, better ballpark, better pizza, Papa John's like all those things, Like it's just look, Aaron, Judge is was a first round pick for a reason. Mike My Trout wasn't for a reason. Just because so far in April Mike Trout has played like a first round pick. Does not mean that we're going to get that version of him for one hundred and fifty five game, because every year we don't. We just don't get it. So I think that's what's frustrating. And I'm not saying this year we can't get it, but you have to start looking at the probabilities of that. And I know Judge has risk too, but I'll take the risk of Judge.
Speaker 1: Your philosophy for Trout is by or sell buy that he will continue doing what he's doing right now and stay healthy ish, play like one hundred and thirty games or whatever, or you need to get out now if you had to.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not running to get out of Mike Trout business, but I am ready to pull off a Julia Rodriguez trade for him. I'm running on somebody. If you give me elite level Aaron Joe, you're giving me first round talent for Mike Trout. Like there's a reason his ADP was where it was. And I'm not saying he's not great and he's one of the best players in baseball because we don't know he is. We just know that even if Ron Washington lets him steal like maybe we'll maybe he'll end up with one hundred and fifty games, he'll go thirty thirty and everything will be glorious. That's a lot of faith to have. I'll put my faith in the twenty three year old who lier Rodriguez have a better five months going forward. I'll just will I'll put those stats up against it, and I could be wrong, but I will take that risk. I think it's a better investment. Let's talk about rookie LOOKI investments. Paul Skeens is pretty good at pitching another ege strikeouts at three to third innings, he touched triple digits thirty four times.
Speaker 1: I was watching that game yesterday. Does that bother you?
Speaker 2: Like in this age that we live in where everybody throws one hundred and ten miles an hour now and everyone's arm is falling off this? I mean, should that concern all of us?
Speaker 1: Well that's also when Charrington came out, so you know, we did the prospects of Stash. We talked about Paul Skins and it's so funny too because people are so weird about prospects right now and just like, oh, don't even care about them, or people are hyper caring about them. Well, Cherrington came and kind of like poured some cold water that they finally told us like, hey, listen, Paul Skeins is not built up for a full like sp workload right now. Like he's got to build those innings up. So that's why we've gotten these three innings. I've been speculating, like why is he only going three innings every single game? So they want to build him up. Now, turn it to your question where it's like you see this guy throwing it's like ninety nine percent of the hardest thrown balls in the minor leagues right now, like he has all of them. You see all these bullets in the minor leagues and it's kind of frustrating. But also I watched almost this entire game. I was kind of bouncing around to a couple and the fastball is ridiculous. But like as he got into the third inning, he got up to around sixty four. I think he ended at sixty four pitches and he only got into the fourth inning. Like, that's not great, that's not great maintenance. That's kind of Blake snell Ish without the walks because he throws a ton of pitches. He's trying to power strikeout. So a I hate seeing it down there be I don't care what Sherrington said. I still think we're going to see him soon, especially that he's working into the mid sixties and see it is overall worrisome seeing a guy throwing that max velo in minors and not having it in the back of your head. This guy's going down, like like nobody maintains anymore. So I just took it in a lot of directions there with Paul Skins, he is incredible. His change up looks great. You know, he's got that slider that he throws really hard, throws his change up really hard, and his fastball is almost unhittable. He went up against Tony Kemp, who's a major leaguer, and like there's one at that like Tony Kemp just swung through a one oh two. You could almost see the like the hell's going on here type of mentality and everybody is locked into it. Paul Skins is when we talk about those stashes. I don't care what Charrington says. I am stashing Paul Skins because I think when we get to that eighty marker sixty four, this last one, he's coming up, so like two more starts beginning.
Speaker 2: I would love to see when he gets that call up what his trade value is in the open market. I'd love to see that, not in dynasty and keeper League's obviously not there. When you're redraft leagues may be very interesting.
Speaker 1: What do you think like top Well, so you can't trade like SP for SP. So like do you think you can get like a tea?
Speaker 2: Can it happens?
Speaker 1: Can? Why would you dry? But anybody trade like I guess unless they're trading like a struggling picture like.
Speaker 2: Louis Castillo has struggled, Like, I don't think Paul Skins for Louis Castillo is a good trade for the you know, like I'm saying, I don't know. I mean, I think it's it's tough as much as I especially in head to head formats, it's a little dangerous because I think in the season long we compared it early on, you know, back in spring, we said, look look at the Strasbourg year, right, his debut year. Can he give you seventy five innings eighty innings in that range of great and if he can, that's really useful in season long rodo like edy head to head format, that's something you have to consider. The limitations he's gonna be on the injury risky has because how max vlow he is. There's a lot of concerns and head to heads and you're probably not gonna have him for the playoffs. So in head to head formats, Paul Skins is somebody that I think you really got to think long and hard about what the value is long term and look at that peak value he comes out, there's gonna be the fanfare, there's gonna be so much attention on him, just like there wasn't Strasbourg. I mean that's tasperg start got huge ratings. I remember they put on ESPN. Everybody was watching. It was wild and it was great, and his value was unbelievable at that time. And I think that's when you always have to look and see what can I get for this? Because what does August and September look like for Paul Skins in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we had the same thing with Uri Perez when Uri came up. That's what I've been likening to, like Jared Jones too, Like when Uri Perez came up, he was amazing for some period of time and then it was like, ooh, we have to baby My worry would be the pirates have already given us this, like we are gonna kind of baby him. That's why, by the way, I'm into stashing schemes because I don't want to pay exorbitant like fab prices or number one waivers. I want to be ahead of the game on it because either you can ride out some of the good stats, or there might be a men's trade value, Like if he were up, who'd you rather have? Rest of the season? Paul skeins with some of the unknowns or Michael King.
Speaker 2: Michael King.
Speaker 1: So I mean that, and that seems kind of low. That seems kind of low, Like you could probably do that maybe.
Speaker 2: Like right, and I think that would be a great trade if you can get Michael King, Michael King. Excuse me for Paul Skeins. I made them one person. I made them mi celebrity couple for a second there, Like Michael Kaine in field prospect for the Blue Jays, Orelvis Martinez two for five is sol a homer. He's heading three h five right now with three homers eleven ribies over fifteen games. Are you impressed at all by him?
Speaker 1: I've never been a big O'errolvis, but I guy, but I will tell you I've had many conversations Jeff Ponts to Baseball America, Like he is definitely defended where bad batting average stuff is. He's hitting over three hundred. That's great for Arolvis, but he's had some k problems and bad batting average stuff. Rob Howard's always been there, so that's not his question. He has always kind of defended to me a little bit more for an Orelvis Martinez. So he's definitely a guy to pay attention to if this offense is looking to pick stuff up. They got you know, middle infield like David Schneider, Craig Vigio, like they could fill that gap. But I just don't know how aggressive they're really going to be with that current lineup. But you should pay attention to him. He would probably be right on the cusp. I didn't have him in my stashed article. Maybe that was a mistake.
Speaker 2: Also, Hessen Kiersta for three with a solo homer another homer for carstat I.
Speaker 1: Mean trade rumors. There was a rumor going out there that that the Orioles might be floating him around in trade talks. Yeah, for Mike Trout, that's oh yah, I keep forgetting our Mike Trout to the Orioles thing our Yes, yours, I'm sorry, yours, George, George.
Speaker 2: Or Well, I mean you would come you can come on board now if you think it's a good idea.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's a great idea. I don't think it's happening. I think it's a fantastic idea. Best destination do you.
Speaker 2: Want to you want to put the Orioles into All right, we are not just fun. Now we're serious. Mike Trout's the deal.
Speaker 1: I just think it's a I think it's the Angels. I don't think it's the Orioles.
Speaker 2: I mean unless the Angels continue. Look last year they threw the punch and they're gonna do it again, and it's gonna be brutal if they do.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Three up, three down. Marcus Simeon Homer three for five, good for him. Ryan Pepio a good start against the Angels. One run over six inning, seven strikeouts for the Pepio and Jared Durant two more runs and another stolen base there for him. He continues to be a just a fill in the categor man Duran, I'm so happy he was one of our guys we loved going into the season. Adp was unbelievable. I don't know how many times I took him in mocks. I don't know how many times I had to write about who's underrated? Oh, Jared Durant's underrated. He has been three down. Canta my eight to six runs, five or nobody pitched well yesterday in that game between the Tigers and the Rangers. Evan Carter over four another oo for him. With two strike cats and Corbyck Carroll over four three ks. W TF Welsh, what's going on with Corbyck Carroll?
Speaker 1: Wwtf Joe, I come three? I'm frustrated and I've had people being like, come on of you, of all people, like, of all of the first round picks, I legit. I do have the most concern for Corbyn Carroll. And maybe I'm just being more dramatic because I'm closer to it, but you know, he's kind of been like all or nothing. He is so hyper progressive into early counts, which I absolutely hate. He has not shown the ability to get the ball in the air. He did hit like a one eight or one oh nine single yesterday, which if there was no one on base he probably would have turned into a double. But he's not consistently doing it. He's got a one ten max EV and eighty three average EV, so I mean that shows how inconsistent he's been. But you know, he has had a pretty low a pretty low k rate comparatively ten percent this year. He's walking more than he's striking out, but he's just not making quality contact. He's going to steal a ton of bases. He's gonna get on base, but I am worried that power is going to take a little bit of backseat. I do think you will stabilize and you know, me, being me, I would not buy I would buy low and stuff like, oh, how about this Mike Trouder Corbyn Carroll rest this season.
Speaker 2: Now, that's an interesting one because we only have the one season of Corbyn Carroll and it is it was a very good season of Corbyan Carroll. I mean, I'm a big fan, you know that. I almost thought Corbyn Carroll was a slumproof kind of guy because of the style of his game, because he runs, because he's got quick hands. You know, I think. I think it's a bad couple weeks. It's a bad stretch. I'm not going to overreact to it yet.
Speaker 1: That might be an amazing trade, by the way, if you had Mike Trout to go and offer that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm leaning towards the Carrol side the rest of season because I just want the younger player. At this point. It's very close.
Speaker 1: Wonky killed me. I love this idea. Wonky says, She's like, I absolutely want an EMAI apocalyptic where a Welsh recording Carroll segment and it made me think we need, you know, my picture of me and Corbyn. We need like a back to the future one where one of us is like fading away, like slowly over the season as he struggles, like I'm fading away, and then when he comes back we'll be like yeah, or we just do wear in the world are Welsh recorbing Carroll? And then it's just like, exactly do you think it's a health issue.
Speaker 2: I know some people were speculating about that, and some people in the chat we're talking about that everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Frank Ceves, Frank has been hard about that all off season, that they're really thinking that this was a shoulder thing. I don't. He's still taking the relatively same approach, but he just seems so hyper aggressive, so hyper aggressive, and.
Speaker 2: It's like me, I'm hyper aggressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just it real.
Speaker 2: If you say good things in the chat, but I'm excited if you say stupid things in the chat, I'm gonna take it a task on it, Like that's okay, I say stupid things.
Speaker 1: I take myself to task for it. But I'm just I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Look, it's been a while, but we might have to bring it back. I am the King of keeping it real.
Speaker 1: Such a good idea. Finish the show with that, please.
Speaker 2: I will here's a question for you too well. I wear my crown question in trivia because it made me think about it. We were talking about the lighters, al Lighter, Jack Lighter, Highlighter, all the lighters when al Lighter was traded from the Yankees to the Blue Jays. Who came back in that deal from the Blue Jays to the Yankees. If you know, drop your answers in the chat. Don't google it. I want your authentic answers if you know you know, and if you don't, don't go googling it because that's no fun.
Speaker 1: I will say. We were talking a little bit about the soft Air, and my timeline is messed up on Outlighter because like I was like ten years into the future when he was a Marlin, So I really don't know. I really have absolutely no the.
Speaker 2: Year nineteen ninety where he was traded. That should help. It was the beginning of the Yankees, kind of in that weird mold where they were tearing out No Uncle Ted. It was not David Wells. That's a good one. Tony Fernandez also a good one. There. That is incorrect. We're going to get to the injuries and then we'll get back to see who's right if they can get it.
Speaker 1: Tyler O'Neil concussion, hoping to come back.
Speaker 2: In Tuesday's opener at home against the Guardians, Ryan Nelson was removed. Unfortunate for him, he had a right elbow contusion. He had to come out of that game. Walker Bueller surrendered two runs and two and two thirds yesterday in the rehab Star from the elbow. Alex Cobb still dealing with the shoulder irritation. Ricky Tiedeman went on the IL in the minor leagues, but nobody give a reason why, which I think is kind of weird, like don't you have to give a reason?
Speaker 1: Why do you put again in an il?
Speaker 2: Okay, and then Ken Rosenthal, this is the biggest news reporting that Max Scherzer could return in early May. We just said it yesterday on the show. It was like, well, Max Suens is going to beat that timeline because he's a nut job. So there you go. Max Schurzer looks like he's beating that timeline. What does that mean for folks who have met right now stashed away? That's got to be a huge lift. You can get him back in even mid May as opposed at June first. That's huge. That's three more starts, four more starts.
Speaker 1: That is massive, massive. I mean, and I can be annoying and some people love it, some people hate it. But remember talking about you know, I'm on the backfields of the in spring training of the Rangers, and I note, even though sometimes it's anecdotal, I was like, you know, it was really interesting. He was throwing full field across the field where de Gram was baby thrown and stuff like that. And that showed that timeline being a little bit higher, which is gonna make Max Schuzer maybe a pretty solid value early on. I'm pretty optimistic about it. Stuff isn't quite the same with Max Scherzer, and you want that bullpen to be a little bit stronger. Lea clerk has been struggling. Kirby Gates is now the closer. I don't know how deep I going too games, but like bottom line, like this is great. You just want solid starters. You hate when you see Andrew Heeney or John Gray starting for the Rangers. You want the max susers because of the offensive support and everything like that so, yeah, this is solid.
Speaker 2: Jerry Nelson, you did it not wrong. Jerry says, I'm taking a guess, probably wrong, But Jesse Barfield pops in my head. Jesse Barfield is correct. Jesse Barfield had some power, had a cannon for an arm. People forget that. Jesse Barfield arm were the best right field arms you ever saw.
Speaker 1: His son was the developmental director for the Diamondbacks and just went over to think to the White Sox this past year.
Speaker 2: George Gestanza for al Leider would have been a good trade too. All right, let's gear it up, Welsh, you're ready, It's Friday. Let's have some fun, a lot more games today, and it's time for the best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. Welcome in everybody. We're gonna get our MLB bets. Unfortunately, some bets got rained out upon yesterday. But I'll still be very much on Cody Bellinger today as long as things are a little drier for me today. Looking at the run line in the Phillies game against lowly White Sox, the Phillies have been great. They pitched tremendously minus one and a half of plus money plus one twenty against the lowly white Sox and no crchetes on the mount. I know he's the best guy.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: At some point in time, they're gonna either get to him or get to the bullpen, and I will take the Philly side of this game, especially at home. I will also take the Twins minus one and a half at plus one forty five against the Tigers as well, like the plus money I'm getting, and then I want to focus on the Brewers game today. You're getting the Brewers on the run line minus one and a half at plus one forty against the Cardinals as this one's on the road. But Freddy Perolt's pitching and he has been absolutely tremendous. Not to mention the fact that Saint Louis Cardinals are a strikeout machine of a team. They have really had some struggles there at the play collectively, there's you could just take him on the money line at minus one eighteen. Pair that with Freddy Peralta over seven and a half strikeouts today at plus money plus one fifteen, and you turn that in to a same game parlay for plus two one seven. So that's what I'm in on today. The King of keeping it real. As you can see, my crown is on today. And of course when you make your wagers, don't forget to do it over at bet three sixty five. He's that promo code leading off at five bucks get one hundred and fifth the in bonus bets. When you do Welsh, what do you have for the people on a fun Friday?
Speaker 1: You and I are kind of in the same trajectory. I've got some bets that are gonna probably be coming here in just a little bit, So again, just remind you guys fennispros dot com or Bettingpros dot com slash Welsh. If you want to follow me, you can do the same thing with Joey. Brewers are a really interesting one. But let's start with the same place that you started in the White Sox and Phillies game. And I'm going back to a nurfee. I felt a little dicey about it yesterday and I was like, this could be a little bit risky, and it was and it didn't cash because Pepio was awesome, but the other side wasn't. There is some risk in this one today, so buyer beware because I'm taking the no run first inning in Chicago and Philly. Now Philly is the third highest scoring team through the first inning, So Welsh, what the hell are you doing? White Sox are in the middle. This is about Garrett Crochet. He's about thirty five percent K percentage so far this year. I'm not against the idea of what you're saying, by the way, that he could get got to pretty soon, so I don't hate taking the full in the first inning. You got two lefties that are going to be at least in the first three of that lineup. Garrett Crochet has been hyper deceptive. It's fastball is amazing, and he's been just a K monster. So I'm betting on Garrett Crochet. And then on the other side of it, you know, Spencer Turnbull is up and ups and downs White Sox in that middle range. But they're hitting around two hundred against righties right now and he's got a sub one whip. So I'm banking on these two shutting it down at least in the first inning very early on. Things may change coming up at number two. I'm doing an alt K prop and we're going back to Crochet six. This is the six to six K prop because Crochet is at six and a half, and I'm taking his alt at six and I'm adding Freddy Peralta, who's got a pretty big line today, where that suckers up at seven and a half. I know you took it little concerned about the top end of it getting to eight, so I'm bringing it down and I'm getting this at minus one twenty and I know this is a safe that if you wanted to play it at seven for Paralta, you can get plus money. But give me strikeouts over for Crochet and Peralta combined, that's near ish, you know, even money at one twenty and I really like that one. And then finally the early game here picking on Ajpuck, this one kept coming up and off of books, which is super interesting. I'm taking aj pucks walks two and a half over. It's juiced. It wasn't as juiced early on. It moved up. The reason why he has walked three or more in every game he's played. The Cubs are averaging just under four walks per game, and they got an overall ten percent walk rate, which is at the higher level. AJ Puck is kind of stunk, so I'm betting he's gonna walk another three in this one for my best bets of the day, and I got a few others that'll be up on the app.
Speaker 2: Are you having everybody? Those are the best bets of the day. Download the Betting Pros app right now, It's free. It's fantastic. Also join our group Bettingpros dot com slash leading off. Remember from Friday today to next Friday, we're gonna be giving away some free stuff whoever has the best return on their investments, So get in on that right away and enjoy are best bets of the day for MLB. Subscribe to Betting Pros dot com and of course subscribe to the YouTube channel of Betting Pros and Fantasy Pros MLB. All right, Welsh, before we get to obviously the home run call for the weekend, don't forget everybody. When you subscribe to Fantasy Pros MLB, you also get a chance to get this Jose Ramirez autograph Jersey. Just comment below on a video and subscribe to Fantasy Ros MLB. That's it. That's all you gotta do to win this bad boy. We're working on getting out the trophy out there. That all is working out. Talk to the guy yesterday, So that's at an address. Yeah, yeah, your address. Now I'm gonna get your address. Let's check in now, all right, so let's get after I after all this today, you know, I'm gonna take from my home run call this weekend in Cincinnati. You might trout get here. It's in there at nine o'clock this morning. By nine in the morning, I put this in there and it's staying in there. Lit Look, it says Mike Trout, haven't changed it. The hands are up here. So there you go, Mike Trout for the week. Just because I'm a jerk and that's who I am. Welsh. Where are you going for your home run call for the weekend?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm making my own pick. I feel like we need to have some type of like like if people want a wheel, they got to do something. We got to see some improvement or something across those on that I don't know, like like the video. A whole bunch of this video is like more than any of the others and watched for this week. We'll bring back the wheel next week and have some fun. But we are not going to the robots. We're gonna go to me and I am gonna make it pretty simple on this one, because this is the player from a BBP standpoint, who has the most hits versus a pitcher today. This guy has I believe, seven extra base hits against this matchup. I'm going with Mookie Bets. Mookie Bets at the tippy top of the lineup. I get a few extra at bats, maybe maybe one, maybe two homers are there. Pretty good track record, I believe against Sean and Aya. So give me Mookie Bets for my home run call for Friday and maybe I'll carry it over to the weekend and get me on that board. Dang it.
Speaker 2: So Angelo not a regularly. This is another Angelo. We got to we we attract a lot of Angelo's to watch for some reason. I can't only assume why, Angela Morales. What's the swag? We're giving away hats and or T shirts for fantasy pros, so you can we're betting pros whatever you prefer. So again, you know, free stuff from the channel should be fun. I'd like to get that Welshism shirt up there too. I have some other fun ones up there in the shop.
Speaker 1: We probably should get some stuff like the Welshisms would be great. I'd love that, you know what, I would love.
Speaker 2: To get shirts.
Speaker 1: That's what I want, It just says Joe, and maybe a Welsh one. I want a hat, the Welsh hat. That's do my autograph. I got a great autograph and we'll just put it as a hat. Let's do that. Let's do this the crown, Joe, We're.
Speaker 2: Gonna do all of it. Let's let's also join the discord if you want to make home run calls.
Speaker 1: Fantasypros dot Com slash Chat. It's free to join.
Speaker 2: Remember every Wednesday, were over there, Welsh and myself taking your questions, hanging out with you. I make sure you sink your leagues if you haven't already for free with the Fantasy Pros MLB my playbook, go download the app. Today We're going to Fantasypros dot Com, slash my Playbook and LB. Now I'm the leader board. I'm still tied with everybody at eight. Bo's is still up there at nine at number one. So this weekend should be really interesting. Well, she should be a lot of fun stuff there. Hopefully would come back and that leaderboard looks a little shaken up, and hopefully the king of keeping it reels at the top. But I want everybody to have a great weekend out there. We appreciate you guys subscribing to the channel, being part of the MLB channel here and all the success and we'll see you Monday. So make the time because we always make the time for you. Join us live. We love when you join us live here for the program. And if you can't, by golly, we appreciate you listening.
Speaker 1: And by the way, do it for me. Monday is my birthday, so do come and watch the show. And yeah, just put number purity got me, um good, got big good, any big good.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, give me numbies, like, come and watch the show and hang out nick me.
Speaker 2: There you go. It just wants numbies. That's all he wants for his birthday. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for numbees Welsh or Canoli Welsh. I'm angry, Joe. Let's see you next time, Kaz enjoy your weekend of baseball.