Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. You and I make decisions every day, but on Prize Picks, being right can get you paid. Don't miss any of the excitement this football season on Prize Picks, where it's good to be right. It's officially that time of year. You might lose hope in your team, but don't worry. That's why we have Prize Picks to keep you going. Week six of football was something Tampa, Indy. They're legit. I wasn't wrong when I said I was feeling good about Baker Mayfield shaking Bake and that Tampa squad. I'm all there on Baker touchdowns more more more. Prize Pick is simple to play. Just pick more or less, do at least two player stats. If you get those picks right, you could cash in. Prize Picks is the only app that offers stacks, meaning you can pick the same player up to three times in the same lineup. Want to pick more on Baker touchdowns, pass yards, rush, Now you can pick all of them in the same lineup only on Prize Picks. Download the Prize Pick app today. Use Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's cod Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup on Prize Picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Come on, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp. That is my partner in co host. He's Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame honoree, a former pro bowler, All Pro and he has a new title matting ratings adjuster. He's Chad o Chosenko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button. Do us a favorite, Tell family, fans and loved ones to do likewise, and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We'd like to thank each and every one of you personally for your support and you'll continue support because thanks to you, Nightcap has become what has become. Make sure you check out Shay by Laportier. If you can't find it in a city or state near you, order it online. We'll ship it directly. To your door. Best tasting premium BSOPKGNAC on the market. Try it, compare it. I promise you you will not be disappointed. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Make sure you check out my media company Shayshay Media on all of its platforms, and my clothing company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out that Lincoln Pen in the chat Nightcap won Listener's Choice today Oho in both categories from Signal, we want to want to thank each and every one of our listeners and subscribers and everyone that voted for Nightcap. We could not have done it without you. We got special guests joining us a little later in the show. We got ric o'dondell and Devin White joining us a little later in the show. But first, Ocho Tua apologized for criticizing teammates for being late to a player's only meeting. Let's take a listen to what Tua had to say. Here's this full statement.
Speaker 3: Made a mistake, and I'm owning up to that right now. You know, I talked to guys on.
Speaker 4: The team about it, talk to the leaders about it, and you know that.
Speaker 5: They know my heart, They know that the intent was right. But no matter the intent.
Speaker 3: You know, the intent can be right, but when things get.
Speaker 6: Misconstrued or however the media wants to portray it, you know that that leads a void of silence and a lot of questions.
Speaker 2: For the guys on our team now being one.
Speaker 5: In five, you know, we talk a lot about all right.
Speaker 3: We got to get this going. We got to get this going, come in excited to go to work, forget about the noise.
Speaker 6: And I feel like I just added onto that fork for our guys, you know, for for myself, I got to look at myself as as the leader protecting the team. I don't feel like I I did that to the.
Speaker 7: Best of my abilities.
Speaker 3: I felt like I let the emotions of the game get to me after the game.
Speaker 5: And you know that's.
Speaker 3: Something that I can learn from as a leader on this team, and what happens in house should be protected and none of that should have gotten now and so I want to.
Speaker 6: Publicly apologize about that.
Speaker 2: I want to move.
Speaker 5: Forward, and now I want to focus on keeping brothers.
Speaker 8: Hey, I love Tour. I love him to death, you know, I love I love what he stands for. I love what he represents. Being one and five, you also have to be self aware.
Speaker 9: It's all.
Speaker 8: It's all about being self aware. If you have meetings, if you have things that go inside, go on in house. They have to stay in house. You should know that, whether you five and one or WAYD one and five, there's certain things that you don't talk about to the media. As a quarterback, as a leader of that team, as a person with that C on your chest, it is your duty to protect those that are in that locker room. It's your duty so to put it out there in the media and say what some of the other players are doing, I haven't done.
Speaker 9: That is you know what.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna use the word. I'm not gonna use that word tonight. But it's throwing people under the bus. You can't do that.
Speaker 9: You just can't.
Speaker 1: You can't always be truthful. Sometimes it's okay not to tell the truth. Here is the problem that I have you you got you got me, you got me No but but but in all honesty, yes, sir. The only problem I have with this now the media misconstrued it. Yes, how do the players Okay, if you have said what you said, the meters didn't say anything, your teammates heard what you said. So if anybody misconstrued it, they misconstrued it because.
Speaker 7: The media didn't put no spin on it.
Speaker 1: All they did was have a bunch of microphones and tape recorders there. You said what you said, unprompted, yes, unprompted. So and to use O your's term, he drys nich ain't nobody asked him? Didn't players come late for practice? Was you?
Speaker 7: When you had a player's only meeting?
Speaker 1: The media didn't know nothing about it, didn't know anything about that meeting.
Speaker 7: You brought that up.
Speaker 1: And then you also brought up that there are players that were late or didn't cut or didn't rival on time, or maybe didn't you come to the meeting at all.
Speaker 7: You did that? How would it you see?
Speaker 1: That's the problem that I have just on up to it and says, you know what I was wrong? Don't add the media. The media didn't do anything. All they did was put the put the microphones in front of you, and you volunteer that. So, in other word, you dry snitch unprompted information that no one asked you for.
Speaker 7: Now, with that being said, there was no choice.
Speaker 1: And I saw in the chat someone said that that was Tom Brady or or or Troy Aikman, everybody would have been there on time. I told y'all that the other day they don't respect them as a leader. But y'all don't want to see when because I'm not in the locker room. You don't think I know what I'm talking about. But I'm a leader, and I guarantee you every time I've called a meeting, which wasn't very many, or anytime I had something god showed up on time, y'all, there was a respect level there that was earned, not what I deserved based on what I had done. I had earned the right to call a meeting based on the way I conducted myself, the way I played, the way I practiced, the way I met, and what I had accomplished.
Speaker 7: So I had earned their respect.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're right, And you know what, matter of fact, if you do, if they did have a meeting that they didn't show up to or they weren't on time, and this could be a tall tail and why they didn't, Yeah, for sure, what happens. Look, I mean so that there might be an underlying issue that we don't even know about that has been going on, or.
Speaker 1: To a fact, Oh well, let let's keep it as two guys that spent time in locker rooms, yes, that played the game at an extreme high level.
Speaker 7: He's it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's unfortunate.
Speaker 8: And you know what, even though he came out and apologized, it's too late now because how do you think that tastes that bad taste that's in those players' mouths that you talked about that know they were late or one on time to that meeting.
Speaker 9: How do you think the other teammates feel?
Speaker 8: How do you think they're looking at even though he's a quarterback, how do you think they're viewing you?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 8: It's not the same unk and it will never be the same. So this makes everything even worse on top of being one in five. Yes, get to forget the football aspect, because now you open up a whole new can of worms.
Speaker 1: I give you a prime example, O Joe. You in the courtroom, Yeah, one of the attorneys says something. The other attorney stands up and says, I object.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: The judge says, sustained. How do I make the jury unhear what they heard? They heard it. Whether it's sustained doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: Too late or he'll allow it.
Speaker 1: I've already heard what that man wanted me to get out here or she wanted to say so, you can't make me unheal what I heard. I get the apology. The best apologies change behavior. We're going to see moving forward, the greater the player, the greater the leeguay is that's with anything. Yeah, First of all, when you say Troy Eigman and Tom Brady, first of all too, it is not on that level. Second of all, they've garnered so much respect. You see how the players went the bat for Troy tom Brady. That's a whole different animal. We don't ever put tom Brady. Tom Brady, he's reserved. There might have been three or four other guys in the history of the game that garner the respect that tom Brady to.
Speaker 7: It isn't one of those three or four guys.
Speaker 1: With that being said, you have to be mindful Ocho, because and this is what I tell guys that I think.
Speaker 7: At some point in time will be leaders.
Speaker 1: You don't know who's actually watching you, what you do, what you say, how you do it. But all I can tell you is this, if they see you behave in a certain type of manner, and you make money and you get things, they'll behave that same way because they believe that is acceptable behavior. So even though you don't know who's watching, if they're watching, or why they're watching, just always try to put your best foot forward. That's all you can do. He will learn from this, hopefully. It's hard for me to believe that a guy that played at Alabama played at such a high level, it's such a prestigious program, wouldn't know that you can't throw teammates under the bus that sometimes, Oh Joe sometimes look and we talked about this o' shoe all the time. As a coach, sometimes you got to lie to your players, even if you don't think they can win. Hey, we can beat these teams.
Speaker 7: We can beat them. Hey we do X, Y and Z.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you gotta lie because sometimes it calls great, hurt, harm or embarrassment, and it might have calls all three. Now, like you said, how do we get that back? I'm not for sure because I'm thinking, Bro, when you go home, you be pillow talking like a mofolk.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it is no, there's no way. There's no way to get that back. Huh, there's no way to get it back. There's only one thing that cures everything, there's one thing that cures everything.
Speaker 9: If they could do that my point exactly, whining is the only thing that canna cure it.
Speaker 8: But I still think they won't view him the same in that same light. No matter what, you're gonna apologize. You can say everything, you can talk to him quite you know, privately. But once you leave that locker room and you out of that space that's supposed to give you worry about any of the bullshit you have to do it with on the outside world.
Speaker 9: Right now, you gotta deal with it.
Speaker 7: When I come to work my own quarterback, right.
Speaker 9: Nah, man, they never gonna look at it the same.
Speaker 1: That's why I say that's what quarterbacks if you notice the most, the great quarterbacks, no matter how good they play or how bad they play, they all always take responsibility. When Peyton Manning they lost the game, Peyton man said, I gotta play better. It's on Don Brady says, I got to play better. Guys John l When guys would always say I need to play better, they never said even though they played great, a drop pass here, mister Simon there, the defense gave up points late. They always put the owners on themselves. That's a part of being a leader. If you're the leader, even though somebody made a mistake, I'll take it.
Speaker 7: That's on me. Now.
Speaker 1: I'll call them and say, hey, we need to make sure this doesn't happen again, make sure we get it corrected. But this is on me, and that's what Tuwa needs to understand. You would like to think a guy that's been the quarterback for an extended period of time at levels. He's a high school quarterback, normally the quarterback is the leader. Not always, but the majority of the time. I would say eighty percent of the time because a lot of time the best player is the quarterback, Oh Joe, So he's normally the leader in college.
Speaker 7: It probably kicks up eighty five percent in the pros.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I've ever see the starting quarterback that didn't have the sea since they've been allowed it.
Speaker 7: Have you?
Speaker 1: I haven't either, So with that being said, he just has to be mindful. It's a mindfield of what's going on, and it's easy to get frustrated, especially with like you said, when you're losing, you're one and five, because if they're they're five and one and they're six and oh, ain't nobody we're not having late even if guys are late to practice, ain't nobody said a word.
Speaker 9: We're not having this conversation.
Speaker 1: You should have this in the bud a year ago or two years ago when you were winning and you were allowing guys to show up late. That's when you nip it in the bud. But you allow things on a win. Now, it's a problem.
Speaker 7: When you lose.
Speaker 1: You see, when you lose, Ojoe, it's not how we play it on the field, it's all the other things, all the other things. Like I said, you don't win a football game on Sunday. You win a football game Monday through Friday. That's when you win the games in your how we meet, how do we practice? How do we study? How did we prepare? Did we get treatment like we're supposed to. If we got a little nagging, did we did we take care of it before it became a big issue?
Speaker 7: Right? Hopefully to a learned this lesson. Hopefully he does.
Speaker 1: It is tough because if they don't start winning games, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: And I and look like I said, the greatest apology is changed behavior. We're going to see go ahead, O right, you change behavior.
Speaker 8: Well, it's not changed behavior off the off the field, it's the change behavior on the field.
Speaker 9: You know what the best sorry is for his teammates?
Speaker 8: Your performance, Yes, and how you playing, being the difference maker, being that you are the quarterback, being that you do make the most money on the field.
Speaker 9: That means your level of play has to be up here.
Speaker 8: It has to be eons above everybody else, especially when you come out of you do something like this, Well, hold on, you can't be stinging out the joint. No, then going in front of the camera and tell him what we got going on behind closed doors.
Speaker 9: And then looking like you know what out on the turf fright, No, you can't, you can't. He had thrown You got the whole locker room looking at you.
Speaker 8: Funny, I'm telling you, and I'm not even in this.
Speaker 9: I'm telling you. He could fix it. But he could fix it with his plate, with his plate, it would be all smiles.
Speaker 1: If even if he would have been wrong, even if he had thrown for four hundred yards and four touchdowns. Yeah, he exacerbated the term aggravate, which means to make worse. He aggravated the situation. It was already bad ojo. But he aggravated the situation. Why ojoe? Because he threw three picks. So he made a situation that was bad. He made it worse with his plate.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, listen, it was already a fire, right, it was already a fire.
Speaker 7: Yep, So it was already fire.
Speaker 9: He took the goddamn gasoline and threw it on the fire.
Speaker 7: Ship.
Speaker 9: All it did was make the fire, God damn big.
Speaker 7: It made it worse, made it worse.
Speaker 9: Now you're gonna have hell putting it out?
Speaker 7: For sure? Is that my? Is that me or you? Oyo? What I do?
Speaker 9: I'm right here, I'm looking at you.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, because for a second I couldn't hear you.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 7: I'm good. Okay, sure, yeah, you're good. And what what has happened? O yoe?
Speaker 1: Is that for a fire to burn? Yeah, needs oxygen. What he gave the fire was oxygen. A fire will not burn. Hey, you could have the biggest fire, robbins of it of its oxygen. You see a candle, put a dish, put a jar over the candle, and it can't get any more oxygen.
Speaker 7: It'll go out.
Speaker 9: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You gave it oxygen That's why when people say things oyo, we have to be careful how we respond, because we give it oxygen and it'll keep burning. See, things will burn as long as it has oxygen. Let it die. He could have just let it die. Oh yeah, I understand that he sees them. I understand that he's upset. You're losing ball games that you don't think you should have lost. Guys are coming in two minutes, five minutes, ten how a minute late. They're late to meetia, late to practice. You know, it doesn't seem to be important. They're not as attentive as they need to be. Yes, it can get frustrated, especially especially, like I said, I don't know what he's actually like.
Speaker 7: I've been around players that it was the end all be all.
Speaker 1: Everybody is not like that the end all be all right, but it's probably it was probably bothering him. He's like, well, this is probably why we're losing. Guys are not taking this as serious as they need to. Okay, but if they had, if they held you in such high regard, if they respected you as the leader, they're not coming late now.
Speaker 7: They're just not.
Speaker 1: I mean a little thing, lo yoe, hey man, check this out, man, We need a let's do so, let's let's go to the movies after a workout on Monday. Guess what, Fifteen twenty of us go to the movies. Hey man, let's go bowling. Fifteen twenty of us go bowling. It's things like that. But they gotta respect you. Guys don't respect you. They they're gonna blow y'all. It's really that simple too. You're gonna have to play better. You're gonna have to be better, not just on the field, because leadership.
Speaker 7: Is just not a calling players.
Speaker 1: And then the hold on and you got to see on your jersey, you gotta it's off the field.
Speaker 7: Oho, it's the things. It's things like that.
Speaker 1: You suppress things that Mike McDaniel or upstairs don't even know about. A fight that was about to happen. Something's about to go down. Somebody owe somebody, somebody, Okay, what happened? Hey sharp, check this out, man, We playing this blah blah blah. So how were you playing it? Oto, We're gonna get We're gonna get back to this. We got a very special guest joining us. He had a monster game the week before.
Speaker 7: He told his former team y'all.
Speaker 1: Buckle up, buckle up, buckle up, and Lord behold, he came and gave him that work one hundred and eighty six yards. I think he had over two hundred and thirty yards. I think he had like two thirty of a total offense with receiving and running the football.
Speaker 7: Ric o'donald joins us, recall, how you're doing.
Speaker 5: Bro, great man, can't complain how you doing.
Speaker 7: I'm doing amazing. I'm doing amazing, bro.
Speaker 8: All all this well already before before starts my first question. My first question to you, would you come into the game like that, obviously saying what you had to say, giving the team bulletin board material before the game even started. Did you have a chip on your shoulder? Did you have a chip on the shoulder go into that game?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, for sure. You know, that was one of those games I had circle early on in the season.
Speaker 10: But I think I always played yeah with my shoulder since since coming in to the league, so so always a chip on my shoulder when I stepped out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was surprised because you said this. They know what look you were there, so they know what type of person you are, They know what type of running back you are. Do you think they underestimated you? They's like, man, this Rico just doing talking. Man, Rico ain't fitna do none of that on us. What I mean because obviously you said it. I mean, you just came off a monster performance the week before and you called them out. You said, hey, buckle up.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I probably they probably underestimated me a little bit because they know, like you said, they know I talked to like, I'm gonna talk a little bit.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: He actually told me that before the game. Sam. I talked to Sam for the game.
Speaker 10: He was like, I told him Sam. He was like, I told him that just you, You're gonna talk da da da. I don't know what the chatter was in the locker room, but I don't think they relayed the message to the four I got it.
Speaker 5: I don't think they did it for sure.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you I think obviously r D. I've been I've been high on the Carolina Panthers for a very long time. Obviously before the season started. I continuously said it over and over and over. For those in the chat that are watching, I'm not sure if you heard it. In general, I was very high on them, and I said that they were one of the two teams to watch this year, and I said they were surprise everybody. You guys are playing extremely well, and after last week's game, what is it that you guys need to continue to build on to make sure everything continues to go in the right direction?
Speaker 9: Headed, headed towards it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I say, just really playing complimentary complement in football all three phases, offense, defense, special teams. I think that's one of the main things. Is just like, as long as we do that, I think we'll be fine. Not hurting ourselves how we did early in games, having to dig out of the whole early, if it was the turnovers and things like that. So I think we do that and just continue to do that and be able to execute, keep executing that high level.
Speaker 5: I think we'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, how disappointed were you? You came in, You run over one thousand yards and you're like, man, I had a good season. Okay, I'm young and ain't got a whole lot of knowledge on me. I know they gonna call, I know they're gonna break your boy off. I'm gonna be able to stay here. I got I'm settled here.
Speaker 7: I like it here. They know what they got with me. I know what I have with.
Speaker 1: Them, and then come free agency and I don't know if they called you. I don't know if they lowballed. You walk us through your thought process after the season ends, you have your exit meeting with your running back coach and maybe the head coach, the general manager, walk us through the steps up until you made the decision you're going to Carrol.
Speaker 5: So they never made an offer at all in free agency. Yeah, they never made an offer at all.
Speaker 10: So just going through when we got out my agent and we obviously thought we would get something here back from but they just the kind of team they like, go test the market, let us know what you're hear, and then come back and let us know and we'll see if with it. So it was that kind of situation they told me to go out to They're gonna let me test the market. And so I didn't tell you liking of that because I thought maybe what I've been through there in my five years and what I was able to do once I was given the opportunity to run the ball, what I was able to do, I thought maybe they would have an offer, but you know, they didn't, and it worked out for me in this way and I'm getting a show now, so happy. Why now.
Speaker 1: With them telling you to go test the market and they'll see that probably kind of left you feel in some type of way, like, nah, bro, if I it's like, bro, hey.
Speaker 7: You tell your girl, you go test the market if you find somebody that you like.
Speaker 1: If somebody liked you there, I might come back and take you up. But if you do, you welcome to golt. No, bro, you sift me free. I'm good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely don't work like that. But yeah, it definitely definitely left Uh.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't mess up say I was just too disappointed because I know the nature of the business and how they operated. I mean I was a free agent to give before and they pretty much told me the same thing.
Speaker 5: But I ended up signing back there.
Speaker 10: So yeah, I just know the nature of the business, so I couldn't take harp on it too much. Just know I had to look for the next best opportunity for me. And while I can go make an impact.
Speaker 1: You look at the city wish Dave Canalis your head coach. He was very noncomeale to Chobehoe Hubbard is coming back? You rush for three hundred and eighty nine yards in the previous in the past two ball games, four hundred and seventy three yards of total offense. And he was like, they ask him Sunday after the game, He's like, hey, Rico's playing extremely well.
Speaker 7: We're definitely gonna have a package.
Speaker 1: But he didn't say who's going to store when when that first offense run out there on the field is a Rico running out there.
Speaker 5: With no we'll see Sunday when when.
Speaker 10: The game coach, and he adn't really put too much into it, but he just said, we'll see when the game come. We're gonna go through this week and then when the game comes Sunday, we'll see.
Speaker 8: And you know, and honestly, honestly, that's not a bad thing when you think about it. Obviously, I know you want to you want to be the starter. You want to be the one to.
Speaker 9: Get the bulk of the carries.
Speaker 8: Ween you have a two headed monther like you and Hubbard back there like that, it opens up everything else, man, because of what you did last week.
Speaker 9: You don't you don't you don't understand.
Speaker 8: I mean, as a player, I think you might get it, but as a as a fan of the game and watching and understanding that and played it. But what you just did last week, it makes it that much easier for whoever's calling the players, whether it's David was officer coordinator, you made bright young job either.
Speaker 9: You made every receiver t Mac and Lega at Hunter, you made all their jobs either.
Speaker 8: Because now when you play, oh well, goddamn already in the game, safety.
Speaker 9: Man, come on down in that bout.
Speaker 8: Every time, every time, every every time you in the game, the defense is checking to something different because you are the one threat offensive that you got to worry about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure, I definitely, I definitely follow what you're saying there.
Speaker 10: That's one thing's going I think it's gonna help U span the whole offense play ash. They gotta respect to run. I think it's gonna hop on your ass for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So what if your coach, what if coach canals their head coach? What is your running back coach told you, Okay, you know Hubbard is going down. This is your opportunity because you know you split in carries and you know he get hot and you might not get the amount of carriers. Because running back, I mean, most skill position is all about and it's hard to get a rhythm. You get one carry, you get a carried the first drive, and then you might not get another carry to the third drive, and then you might have five carries in the first half and only get two. So now what you could be in the big time running back, the full time running back.
Speaker 7: Now you're able to get into a rhythm.
Speaker 1: What has coach told you is that, okay, just make just make sure you stay keep your head in the game, make sure you stay ready. Is that some of the things that your coaching, your position coach have related it?
Speaker 10: Yes, so yeah, I'm going into it. Only talked to my running back coach about it. He is like, okay, just kill your ops. You know, when the opportunity, the opportunity is presented itself to go out there and show what I can do, just make sure I make the most of it.
Speaker 5: You think I was able to do that?
Speaker 7: Absolutely one year deal.
Speaker 1: So would you like to remain with Carolina long term or you like, Look, I'm gonna take it one year at a time. I'm gonna go out here and play my absolute best this year and then I'm gonna let the chips fall ward. It may ain't nothing promised the only thing I can promise you. I'm gonna give you everything I got, every down out.
Speaker 5: Exactly, yeah, exactly, so exactly. That's how I want.
Speaker 10: I'm saying that, just go out there, take it this year and then see how it goes.
Speaker 5: Just got to be productive. I know it's a production based business. As long as I'm productive the rest of taking every So.
Speaker 1: Do you look back, do you are like, yeah, that's good, y'all. Should have kept me. When you look up at your boarder team and you see them struggling, and you're like, yeah, that's what you get. Do you mean because I understand that you have friends over there? I mean you still use there for five years, so you do. You have built relationships. But it's not like I want you all to have success.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I don't really look at it like that. Like you said, a lot of those guys.
Speaker 10: My friends, I ain't really rooting for the rooting for their downfall and the dude they got over there, he's been having a pretty good season too, so yeah, a pretty good season too. But yeah, I'm not really I wouldn't really be rooting on that down I want him to win and things like that all my friends there, but I just wanted to beat them when we played them.
Speaker 7: I help you out with this.
Speaker 1: You had an injury in your career South Carolina, you were you, You had a lot of injuries.
Speaker 7: How are you able to stay healthy?
Speaker 1: Because normally if you limp into the NFL, you're gonna limp out of it. You had injuries in college, but for some reason, you've been able to You've been able to stay.
Speaker 9: Healthy in the league.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think that was one of my biggest things coming up of college, injuries, just not being able to stay healthy. But thankfully I never had no injury where it was I think longer than like ten weeks recovery.
Speaker 5: That was my longest injury.
Speaker 10: But yeah, in college, just had a bunch of knicks and that's broke my fibula and to my hamstring.
Speaker 5: Had four knee surgeries. Sports.
Speaker 9: God, damn, God, damn.
Speaker 1: You tell me about you ain't had nobody to keep you out ten weeks I broke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the longest one was ten.
Speaker 10: I broke my fibble of like week five my sophomore year college, played in the bowl game.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that was like my worst one I think in college.
Speaker 10: But I'm like eight surgeries deep though, but just staying eight Yeah, eight surgeries.
Speaker 1: Did you think, like, damn, I got buzzared. Look, I can't catch a breath.
Speaker 10: So that's exactly what I was thinking, Like, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, why I keep happening.
Speaker 5: But yes, it's just getting in the NFL.
Speaker 10: I think those first couple of years just setting out, taking the time my body and figuring my body out. Really that's what allowed for me to stay healthy, not just figuring out what worked best for me.
Speaker 5: Drop my weight. Played at like two twenty five in college.
Speaker 10: I played like two ten, two fifteen now, So just figuring out what worked.
Speaker 5: Best for me.
Speaker 7: Hey, yeah, you know that college training table.
Speaker 8: Hey, does it ever be in the back of your mind when you're playing, like trying to be cautious and little hesitant based on you know what you want to do, or you just you free wheel, don't even care about the past injuries and you just go out there and just go out.
Speaker 5: There and play.
Speaker 10: I'm trying to bring the punishment. I don't really think about that at all. Yeah, don't think about it at all.
Speaker 7: Look, you're with the game. Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: Who is your top five, your top five running backs in USC all time game.
Speaker 5: College top five all time. Now you're don't have to put Marcus Lodim on there for sure.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, Marcus, you got Deuce Stanley, Okay, who else?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Well, George Rogers got to be first.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know how George Rogers.
Speaker 10: And then you got.
Speaker 5: Twenty two, twenty two. I don't remember. I don't remember, I don't name, I don't.
Speaker 7: Hald Green running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was, that was, that was before your time. But yeah, George, George graduated. George graduated today, graduated left in eighty.
Speaker 7: So wait for me.
Speaker 5: I was born in ninety eight.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, Rico man, continued success, Man, Congratulations on a great a great start to a new year or new year and new team. You've been playing unbelievable. Keep up the great work, stay prayed up, stay positive. Good things have happened down the road. And when you make the Pro Bowl this year is one of those NFC running backs, come back and tell us how you.
Speaker 9: Do appreciate Hey, Hey, Hey, do me a small favor.
Speaker 8: Y'all got practiced, all right, man, tell the receivers man all together at the same time telling boys, I'm betting the house on him this weekend.
Speaker 9: Yeah, letting boy know. Tell him, boys, I say, keep pounding bits.
Speaker 1: Alright, appreciate that. We appreciation. Appreciate your stopping by all right man.
Speaker 7: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Joe Flacco was asking about the idea of Jamar Chase going off script and changing his route.
Speaker 7: This is what Joe said.
Speaker 2: What is it like when Jamar comes to you and says, I understand to play call, but oh yeah, I know you think like I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's out there freestyle and at least not with me right now.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 7: Listen.
Speaker 4: I mean, ultimately, if he came to me and said, hey, I know the place this, but I'm gonna do this, I tell you, I'd say, okay, I guess yeah, that's what you're gonna do. Okay, that sounds good to me. I would uh, I would lean on him to feel it out.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't necessarily see that happening, But I'm just hypothetically if he was to come to me and do that, I'd just say, yes, sir, that's that's what we'll do.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Hey, you know that's a beautiful thing too.
Speaker 8: When you're having veteran quarterback like that, and the receiver can see thing that the quarterback can see, and the receiver can see things that the office according might not be able to see. Obviously he's up there maybe in the box.
Speaker 9: But it's different when you when you.
Speaker 8: Feel side, you got a bird's eye view. It not a bird's eye view, but uh a front view of everything and what you what you can and can't do. If if Jamar Chase and Joe Flacco gets some type of communication skills or maybe a number system, I know that's not the offense that they're running right now, but with joke and hit him something like down by the hip up like if you see something they playing off and they got the eye contact, you just throw him something simple.
Speaker 9: You know how many yards? How many yards receive? I'm talking about good receivers. Good receiving.
Speaker 8: The quarterbacks leave out there because they stay on script when it's right there. The game of football is not complicated. You can go up script and do something very safe. Oh we planed off seven yards the safety in the middle of the field, give him a hitch, give him a slant, and we seen we seen uno. We don't seen him take a goddamn slant eighty goddamn yards. We didn't seen him take a hitch, break a tackle and go down thirty forty yards until until backside catch him.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's just little stuff like that, man, and it's good. I'm glad we have Joe.
Speaker 8: I'm glad they asked that question, because now what's gonna have what's gonna happen now is when they play this goddamn game tomorrow night, there's gonna be they're gonna come a time where there's a play that's called and they're gonna be on their own page.
Speaker 7: Well, I think that's something.
Speaker 1: Like he said, Jamar comes to him and tell him that they don't have the type of relationship. They haven't worked together long enough that Joe will know that. Okay, it's dis coverage and he's supposed to do this. He's gonna do that. They haven't played together on.
Speaker 9: You take time. It takes time. That's what.
Speaker 8: That's why I said, some kind of some kind of some kind of something that they can do with their hands. It got to be something, got it gotta be something. Just because you leave so many players out there, you leave so many yards out there, trying to do everything by the book. Sometimes you just have to play football. Sometimes it's not just extit. No, sometimes it's not scheme. Sometimes you can go off.
Speaker 9: Script and still have success based on what you see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the thing is, oh Joe, look Joe. You mentioned Joe just been there. He's been there ten days. It's hard, it's hard. It's hard to build a connection and where hey, hey, oh Joe, I touched.
Speaker 7: My chin, run a smoke. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, you know, hey, I touched my heap, run a square out. It's hard to get that because hell I tell it that. I'm like, hey, my chin was just it you No, I ain't mean doing my chin was itching. So you know what I'm You and Tarzan had that cut. You and Carson had built up a rapport, a relationship, and that's something that you talked about. You know, John, I would know if God's playing this kind of leverage. This is what John expects me to do. If I'm getting man coverage. He expects me to bust it out of the break. If he's outside, he already knows I'm gonna take three steps and I'm pulling up.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So that's but that was over years and years and years or if I'm gonna uncover.
Speaker 1: But that's asking a lot, and I'm glad Chase comes to him and say, look, I know I'm supposed to do this, but on this on display right here, I'm gonna do that. So now he's already put the seed, he's already playing in the seed in Joe head, Hey, don't.
Speaker 7: You throw that.
Speaker 1: Don't you throw that in cut because I'm running out because if you throw it in, you will hit it right in the chest. Because I'm telling you what I'm doing.
Speaker 8: Listen, long they on the same page. Long as they're on the same page. Because as we are not built obviously with Joe just getting there. You just said that Joe only been there. Goddamn, he's been there, got damn ten minutes. He only been there ten minutes. So we can overcome mistakes, we can overcome turnovers. We have to be as efficient as possible on offense all four quarters, the same way we looked at looked when we came out of halftime at at Green Bay game. That's seventeen play drive. That's what we got to look like all four quarters. Now that Joe has a little bit more time with the offense with the play calling getting a little familiar with the system, I think we have a good chance at competing and beating the Steelers.
Speaker 9: That are on a roll right now. Aaron Rodgers is on fire.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna see him live. I'm not gonna say him try to talk trash. But they look good. But I think we can compete with them now. I don't know what we're gonna do on the defensive side of the all. That's the problem that's been our Achilles here for a while now. But offensively, Joe can keep our head above the water. So basically, I'm saying, if this was the Titanic, the Bengals offenses.
Speaker 9: Rolls, we might be in the water.
Speaker 7: But she on the dough, she's in.
Speaker 1: Other words, you gotta right now. You're not a fast thing. You slow slinking. I mean, there's gonna take some time for you guys to get to the bottom. But you know, hey, right now, you got a little hole of your ho lo, Joe, you got a hold of your Hey.
Speaker 8: Listen, the boat done sunk because Joe, I mean, Joe Burrow is hurt, right, But listen, if if, if, if the offense is rolls and roses on the door in the water.
Speaker 9: Mm hmm, roses on the door in the water.
Speaker 7: So she's floating, Yeah, she floating.
Speaker 9: So were good right now?
Speaker 7: We're good. That what a real coot.
Speaker 9: It's gonna be. You know, I'm going to the game tomorrow. I'm flying out there. It's cold. We're gonna be all right though.
Speaker 7: Look and and and and uh.
Speaker 1: The Steelers defense is playing unbelievable and Jaalen rams is giving them a boost because you can do so many things.
Speaker 7: He can play.
Speaker 1: He can play safety, he can play corner, he can play slide, he can blend. He's an outstanding tackler. He does not He's not afraid to get the uniform dirty. He gonna come on you guys that he wants. You know, oh yo, youmember back in the day, Oh yo, we wanted o Jersey. We wanted our uniform to get dirty. And guys that didn't play, they rolled on the ground trying to put his hed like they got their uniform dirty.
Speaker 7: In the game. Nah, bro, you just rolled on the ground. You ain't.
Speaker 1: You ain't getting no action. Jaylen Ramsey is a guy to get his uniform dirty. You're gonna come up and hit you now, Hell yeah, and you know you know who you remind me of.
Speaker 8: I mean, listen, I know you watched a lot of a lot of football over the years, a lot of defensive back player and you know how much I love dvs. And I've never I've never seen two dvs that always could a mind when I think of defensive backs. Forget covering. They can cover, but boy, they will come up and smack you. I'm talking about smack you. That goddamn Antoine Winfield as small as he was when he played, Yeah yeah, and that goddamn Nate Clemens when he was in Buffalo.
Speaker 9: Yeah, man, Lord have mercy. Yeah boy, y'all don't have no regard for your body. They ain't care. And you gotta remember, this is the running era.
Speaker 8: So I'm watching them pull up shared blocks and taking running backs that's way bigger than them.
Speaker 9: I'm not talking about going low and going out. I'm talking about up high. Man.
Speaker 7: What is you doing? Yeah? You got?
Speaker 1: I mean, and that era, you know, Champ, Champ was a good tackler. Champ with what they didn't mind, didn't mind hitting. You know, you run to a guy, you run to a side where you're like man, he's not a tackler. Okay, we're gonna try to well, ay, we're gonna go and try to what we're gonna try to do. We're gonna try to put a line on on and we're gonna try to put out safety because what you do you push the corner and then you have the corner track crack the safety and so we're gonna see if you want to make a tackle. We know the safety. Most safetyes are good tackle, especially the strong safety. We know they'll tackle. We want to see if you will tackle, that's what we want to see, or you're gonna retreat and hope somebody because a lot of times, don't you, they'll retreat hoping somebody else. Come, y'all make the tackle. I'ma hold it up now, I'm holding up. I'm gonna give it ground now, y'all come and make.
Speaker 9: This tackle, waiting on pursuit to come help.
Speaker 7: That's exactly what they're way to. You know.
Speaker 8: What's scary too, and I think about DV, especially during our era. During our era, where it's even worse now is when you when you crack replaced and that goddamn guard is pulling, it's.
Speaker 1: More difficult now, Joe, because the dbut loan on the offensive lineman. Back in the day, the dvs could go low. They could cut the lineman down and cut that out. That's a penlody down. That's a fifteen yard penalty if you cut the legs out of an offensive lineman.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, and take that punishment.
Speaker 1: And and most corner they ain't really trying to take on no guard, not trying to take on no tackles or anything like that. Uh So you think the Bengals got a shot tomorrow, Joe, I think so.
Speaker 8: And I'm only saying this from an offensive perspective, you know, I'm only saying from the offensive perspective and the fact that it's a division game. Both teams are familiar with each other. They know exactly what they like to do. I know they have a different quarterback. I know they have a different quarterback. Hell, we got a different one too. But for some reason, the game is always close. I don't think it would be a blowout. It would probably be a low scoring game. And in order for us to win up front, off the line, you got to have some type of pride, Baby, you got to have some type of pride.
Speaker 9: I know, TJ. Whitey gonna make his plays. They get played too. I know they're gonna make their plays. But for the most part, if you keep Joe Flackle upright, he can wheel and deal. And we saw that early in the second half of that Green Bay game.
Speaker 7: We saw it.
Speaker 9: We saw it, so I'm hoping to get a little bit more of that.
Speaker 7: All four quarters, all.
Speaker 1: Right, otoe we back with our knewest segment Player Faith presented by Prize Picks, and we got new animation.
Speaker 7: Let's take a look at our animation. Hey, is it? That's what you gave up with a download the afterday?
Speaker 1: Use coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. This is how it works. The late Nightcap staff has made lineups and hear their pits. We either play their lineup or we make some changes, choosing more or less. Let me see what you got on here, Jamar Chase over seventy four and a half yards.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, absolutely, absolutely, and listen, they're gonna have They're gonna make a conscious effort to getting the ball. They're gonna make a conscious effort to getting the ball. So he definitely gonna be over seventy four. Damn, what's wrong you show up?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 7: That o't joke?
Speaker 9: Hey O they playing man? They playing man?
Speaker 8: But yeah, this is Stiller's is Stiller's. They ain't showing no they ain't showing no love. They ain't showing no love. They're not giving you no special privileges. We're from the lineup. We got Darius Slate, we got Jalen Ramsey, and we're finna be in your face.
Speaker 5: Mh.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to get back to that one. Joe Flacco over thirty six and a half pass attempts. How many attemps did he have on Sunday gainst the Packers? Yeah, I'm going over. He gonna he gonna, he's gonna have he definitely gonna have to throw it because you're not running on the Steelers.
Speaker 8: And why would that jendary to say that if we don't establishing there, we ain't gonna know.
Speaker 9: We ain't gonna have no choice butter throw the ball.
Speaker 1: Uh T J Watt over three point five tackles and assists. Yeah, he's gonna have two sacks. Yeah, so you mean to tell me that tackles?
Speaker 9: They did not say that. They said they said, assists in tackles, he might not get a sack.
Speaker 7: Oh, he gonna get a sack.
Speaker 9: You real confident over there? Yeah? T J.
Speaker 7: Water bag Boy and Joe Flacco old Foods grocery.
Speaker 2: So what you do?
Speaker 7: Sack it up?
Speaker 9: You signed, real confidence.
Speaker 1: I'm going over. I'm going over. I'm going over with h T. J. Watt three and a half tackles and assists. Jamar Chase seventy four point five receiving yards.
Speaker 9: Got on. Oh, I'm gonna let you get that one.
Speaker 7: You got a package package defense.
Speaker 1: Package defense ain't like the Steelers thought?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 1: I mean the Steelers defense. Steelers defense. The package defense isn't like the Steelers, right, that's what?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Uh have the Steelers? Have the Steelers given up one hundred yard receiver? How many who did? Oh? From Cleveland? Yeah, Cleveland fan and had eighty one? What did it happened?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 7: What about Seattle? What didn't didn't they place? Did they play Seattle Vikings? Jamar Chase went crazy, Yeah, I mean Jefferson, Jefferson.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, over over over, oh oh, I said over from the beginning.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what you was, but I don't know if Joe flack O can walking to him like wins, Oh walking to a wins what?
Speaker 7: Oh walk into him? Because you remember when that when the Steelers.
Speaker 1: When the Steelers played the Vikings, the Vikers had two receivers over one hundred yards Jefferson and Addison, Steelers one.
Speaker 7: But I'm gonna go over. I'm gonna go over.
Speaker 9: I told you shouldn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm taking the staff picked this the last time. I ain't let y'all pick else. If y'all get this one wrong. Download there Afterday used coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups. After you play your first five dollars lineup, it's good to be right, yeah, y'all Oh Joe. George Pickens, who said to become an unrestricted freedgent after the season, praised the Cowboys but noted he also wants to showcase my talents. Pickens was asked about staying in Dallas long term and says I wouldn't mind it. The guys in the locker room are super cool. The energy is great. But like I've said, I always want to showcase my talent most definitely Pickens, who turns twenty five next March figures to be one of the most sought after receivers in free agency should he hit the market. On Tuesday, Jerry Jones did not want to get into whether the team would like to open talks on a new contract with Pickings. O Jo, Yeah, Pickings gonna walk somewhere between thirty two and thirty six million dollars. Yeah, is he staying in Dallas or Jeorge? Is Jerry gonna hand him walking papers? Let him walk?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 8: If I was him, I wouldn't even lady, I wouldn't even want to be there. Honestly, I'm just saying that's just me personally. I want to maximize my potential. I want to maximize my earnings.
Speaker 9: And go somewhere else where I can I can contribute. He's about you want to show your talent.
Speaker 1: We know what he's gonna need to be the number one. He want to go somewhere and be number one. He want to be number one.
Speaker 8: Then, I mean, that's what he is. That's what it's that they're They're in a great situation. Obviously, it was unfortunate that Ceedee Lamb got hurt. Where Dak Prescott had two number one receivers.
Speaker 9: But he needs to go somewhere else to maximize as much as he can get.
Speaker 8: Be that number one, continue to build his career in being the number one player, and Cleveland that that he that he knows he can do where you said Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Cleveland, they need a number one receiver. I'm trying to think. I'm trying to take the places. Oh the Raiders.
Speaker 8: Oh, I like, hey, wait a minute, do you understand how you Understan saying how that marriage right there would be perfect George Pickins NFL young boy at the Raiders.
Speaker 7: Yo, I'm that that is a great match.
Speaker 9: That's a great Yeah, for sure, it makes sense.
Speaker 8: It fits, it fits him, his persona, his image, you know, being Hey, that is perfect.
Speaker 9: Pete carroll a Pete. I'm not tampering. I'm just telling you ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Gino Smith, you know where he'd be good at to Ojo, the Giants, Oh until until Jackson Dark.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: Neighbors, they got neighbors, neighbors coming back. Numb mind not there all right? Hold up, Let me see.
Speaker 9: Atlanta got Drake, London, London.
Speaker 1: H Tampa got in Buka and they got Godwin.
Speaker 9: They got Mike New Orleans.
Speaker 7: They got a lave Shaheed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think I mean me personally, I think George Pickens is better than both of those guys.
Speaker 9: Uh different different, different type of player, different receiver. I'm I like the I like the Raiders. I love the Raid, I love the like that, I like the Raiders idea.
Speaker 1: Honestly, all things being equal, the question is do they like Zay Flowers or do you like George Pickens?
Speaker 9: Who?
Speaker 7: Because both of them gonna be.
Speaker 8: Up uh huh, pick going and pick going to the Raiders. I'm telling you, I'm putting that in the universe right now because I mean that that Ceedee Lamb team over there in Dallas on this helmet.
Speaker 7: Uh, the coach need a receiver, Damn. Okay, you like the coach with with Indiana Jones. Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 9: I like it. But they kind of saying you Tennessee, They're not said what what?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, dude, I mean they got pitmen, they played, they paid phipmen downs.
Speaker 9: They good, They're good. They got a nice little squad.
Speaker 8: Nicely and then you know what, you know what I like about the about the coach receivers. Everybody has a different strength. Everybody has a different strength everybody does something that the other doesn't. So I like what they have right now, I'm telling you Pickings to the Raiders.
Speaker 7: You're right for me, right, you know what? Don't yoe the Patriots?
Speaker 9: No, man, no, no, no, no, no, hell no, no.
Speaker 7: I don't like it.
Speaker 9: Drake may No, No, I like, I like. I like Drake Maye. But they they they got they little they core like Pickings and Patriots that. No, don't put him in that environment, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: You don't like that structure. It's too structured. Yeah, don't put them in o yoe what don't.
Speaker 7: Put him in that environe?
Speaker 9: Man? Hell nah? Hell nah?
Speaker 7: What I mean?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 7: So what what do you think as far as the market open market? You're thinking? I mean, what numbers that we're looking at somewhere thirty six?
Speaker 8: Based on what I'm seeing right now from him and what he's done in the past and what he's probably gonna finish with this year, he probably gonna get some beteam thirty four thirty six.
Speaker 9: On the open market. I'm telling you it's gonna be Pete Carroll.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be I'm not his agent, but I'm gonna be responsible for him getting over there, over there with Gino.
Speaker 9: So Gino got somebody to get that thing to.
Speaker 1: You know, give you what, you know, keep turning the ball over, Geno, It's gonna be there throwing it to it. You better stop turning the ball over. He got ten interceptions the six games.
Speaker 9: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. See you know you know what would probably relieve some of those interceptions.
Speaker 7: Him not hitting other guys in the chests.
Speaker 9: Or having a target like George Piking to throw to rock Bar Still hurt, rock Barers still hurt?
Speaker 7: How he is?
Speaker 1: Damn Yeah, Look he's engaged. Ye, he knows the Cowboys are gonna throw the football. He know he has a quarterback they can get him the football, and that he's getting more opportunities because CD is CD is down. Now, the question is when CD comes back or you still get ten eleven targets a game. Normally the ten eleven twelve targets go to CD. So let's just say, for the sake of argument, oh yo, we take five of those four of those targets away, and so instead of getting ten eleven twelve, he gets six seven eight. Can he still give us? I mean, there'll be games that he still can give you one hundred. But if he can give us, you know, seventy a quick, seventy quick, eighty a tub here or there, he gonna get paid. Oh Joe, the guy is gonna be. He's gonna be twenty five. Yeah, you start of.
Speaker 7: The twenty twenty sixth season. He ain't even he ain't even. He not even close to his prime.
Speaker 9: No, you ain't even got a prime.
Speaker 7: And me won't hit his prime for another two years.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's gonna he gonna get it.
Speaker 8: Listen, And I told you, I told you, didn't I tell you when I talked to Pick last year, didn't I tell you what' be no more problems?
Speaker 9: Yep, you ain't had and we ain't had a problem yet. I told you, and I stand on that.
Speaker 8: And he's gonna get rewarded, not only for for for I hate using the word good behavior, but being a professional. But you're gonna get rewarded for your play on the field, not what you're doing off of it. You're gonna get rewarded for your play on the field tremendously. And I know you're gonna see this young boy. Stay locked in. Keep the main thing, the main thing, and you're gonna get what you deserve.
Speaker 1: I got a place where you can go well, Green Bay. Josh Jacob said they need a number one.
Speaker 9: I like, hey, that's a good one. On, that's a good one.
Speaker 7: God Jacob said, they need to let me, let me, let me, let me tell you something. No, let me tell you something.
Speaker 8: I look at the Green Bay offense the same way I look at look at the Indianapolis coats where they all are by committee in each game.
Speaker 9: You never know whose day is gonna be right. You never know who's who days gonna bell.
Speaker 8: It might be it might be Wis, it might be God damn read come back, it might be doub You never know that.
Speaker 9: So I like what they have over there. I like that little young system they got.
Speaker 8: I wanted to be that man over there and oh in Las Vegas, because they're just gonna be him. You ain't got to worry about nothing else.
Speaker 9: You know, every game you get Tenny, them targets h going crazy.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm.
Speaker 9: Pete Carroll, what we talking about?
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like look I like I always thought he was talented. I thought he was im mentally talented. The catches that he's made, he's tremendous run after the catch. It's just, you know, sometimes you need to change the scenery. That's a long time you need to change of scenery. He had, he had worn out as welcome in Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh was you know, oh Joey was. They were Pittsburgh and George Pickens were sick. They were sick of him, and he was sick of them.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you get a situation like that, the best thing to do is to go ahead part ways. They were able to get some they were able to get something for him. He was able to get a place. They're gonna throw him the football. Now it worked out perfectly. I hate that CD got hurt in order for people to see just how good George Pickens is, because I think the thing is is that you know his behavior, his petulant behavior, you forget that he's an im mensely talented receiver.
Speaker 7: Ced going down, he got an opportunity to showcase that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if CD's back this week or when ceed's coming back, but he's put enough on tape to make people understand, to let people know, oh he for real.
Speaker 7: Now I'm him, he the real deal him.
Speaker 9: We'll be talking about Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jerry Jones says he's open to making a trade before the November for a trade deadline. We have thoughts all along that if we see a way to improve this year with a trade, with a trade at the deadline, then we'll take advantage of it. If there's a trade that will help the defense, we're in position to make that trade. I want to remind everyone one of the great things about our trade we had with Green Bay is that our tackle makes about twenty two million a year. He cost us two cost him two million dollars up, We're getting a twenty something million dollar player for two to three million right now, and he's playing by as well as anybody on the defense. Why do I bring that up? That alone has increased our flexibility of being able to look at potential trade right whereas you might have had had cramps. So we're in position to look at that trade, and that means we're going to make one. That doesn't mean we're going to make one, but Jerry saying, oh Joe, we have the assets, we have the cap space. If there's somebody out there that can help this defense at the deadline, we go do it.
Speaker 7: I mean I wish for thinking. I told you that, Does that strike me as something Jerry would do?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: But hey, the question is, is there Charles Haley out there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: But listen, they have a problem stopping to run. And I told you who to go, get some of you to go get over there in Tennessee. He went ninety eight.
Speaker 9: He nice a very good run stoppers. Listen.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure who the mic back is, but you should have a feast. You should have a hell of a time if Jerry makes that move and go get brother Simmons.
Speaker 1: Jared just he just keep throwing shade. And we got a detail that's making two to three billion dollars a year. You know, Okay, Jared, you got off Michael. You didn't have to pay the two hundred million dollars. It's moving along. But guess what, those picks that you got, you're gonna have to give them up if you want somebody to trade deadline that can help your team, because I know you, I know you don't think somebody just gonna hand you over one of their best defensive players for what they said. Oh you got three first rounders, you want this player? Where you had three, now you got one or you give up one of those first rounder and a second round or something. But the question is the Simmons available? Because Simmons can stop the run and he can rush the passer, right, So the question is who's available and what are.
Speaker 7: You willing enough to get?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 7: What are you willing to give up to get him?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 7: That's what that's all about.
Speaker 1: O Yo, you have the capital, you have the flexibility, and you have the draft capital to go to satisfy.
Speaker 8: But think about this, even if you do have the capital, who are you gonna who you're gonna go get that's gonna make a difference, that's gonna make a change, that can put a dint in some of the issues that you have right now.
Speaker 9: I mean who it would have to be.
Speaker 8: If it would still have to be big name, it would still have to be a name that going to cost you, because anything else outside of that is just gonna be another body And I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, and just gonna be another body that's it taking up space, not someone that can actually make a difference for you defensively and change the trajectory.
Speaker 9: Look, ooh, I'm messing up my words. Trajectory of your defense.
Speaker 1: Look, if if I'm Cleveland, Jay, give me three first rounds on the second round pick, I'll give you Miles Garrett.
Speaker 8: Well, then you put yourself right back in the same situation you would have been in if you kept Micing paid my So you you you right back in the same boat.
Speaker 7: Claim I believe this is not what we did.
Speaker 9: You say we got better. Jerry said we got better when we let Michael go.
Speaker 1: If I put my finger, if I put my finger to Jerry's back and says, who's better, Michael, Miles Garrett.
Speaker 7: Who you think Jerry's gonna.
Speaker 9: Say, Matt Miles Garrett? Okay, Am I wrong?
Speaker 7: Am I right? Yeah? You're right.
Speaker 1: I believe he'll say, Miles Garrett, I get what you're saying to you say, well, okay, you gave up all that you what you acquired, so you got a very similar player. But I believe Jerry believed that Miles Garrett is an upgrade. So stand I'm not saying head over heels, I'm not saying too but I believe he's believes he's an upgrade over Michael Parkson's.
Speaker 8: Well, then it would still be the same thing because also he said I let Michael Parson go because when we did happen, we didn't win the Super Bowl. So are you saying Michael Parson is going to be the one to come here and Changeles Miles Garrett going to be the one to come here and change that.
Speaker 9: Are you gonna win the Super Bowl? Are you gonna get.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to I'm trying to find difference makers. Okay, that can help, that can help the Cowboys. Who who is the difference maker?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: Trey Hendrickson? Do you believe do you believe Hendrickson's available? Is Jeffery Simmons?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll find out hold On, Yeah, the fifteenth, So we're about we're about about nineteen days. We're about three weeks away finding out what's gonna be available