Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves. That's colde money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yans four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Did you get to see my live on what Not? A few weeks ago?
Speaker 2: I sold three hundred pairs of sneakers from my personal collection and all the proceeds are going to my Alma Models Savannah State that's going to be donated at a later day time. The best part of the night was someone perfect a pair of shoes off my feet. For those who don't know, what Not is a livestream shopping platform where you can buy and be it on the items in just about every category you can think of. For the sneakerhead, Whatnot is celebrating the best sneakers of twenty twenty four with two days of crazy deals and giveaways from one hundreds of sellers. You don't want to miss it. It's on December fifth and sixth on Whatnot Use my Coach Shannon fifteen for fifteen dollars off your first purchase over twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: And hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Woh Detroit thirty four the Packers thirty one. Oh, joll You had a feeling the way the game started up in the second half, who ever had the football last that was the team that was gonna win the football game.
Speaker 3: And Detroit did it.
Speaker 2: They moved to twelve and one with a thirty four to thirty one victory over the Green Bay Packers. Well a, you're not gonna want to see Green Bay in lambeau Field. Now, that's they're gonna be a problem. They're a really good football team. Detroit is just a better team. But this was a very good game. This was one of the most exciting Thursday night games that I can remember, because back and forth we went a lot of offense, and I know people like to see our bits at home, but the Lions prevailed thirty four to thirty one. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite on Shannon Sharp. That guy, he's your favorite. Number eighty five, the Liberty City's own route runner, Extraordinary Bingos, Ring of Fame, Arterie, a pro bowler, All Pro. That's Chad Ocho Senko Johnson. Just call him Ocho. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that like button. Tell your family, friends and love one to always to also subscribe and hit the like button. Guys, make sure you go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Every subscriber counts. We thank you so much for your patronage. We thank you for your support past and present, and you'll continue support. So thank you again, very very much. Make sure you check out Save by Lafortier. We have it in stock. The holidays are upon us and we want to make sure you have a joyous holiday. What better way to celebrate than with a bottle of Shapetier. If you can't find it in a city or state near you, order it. We'll get it right to your door. Please, please drake responsibly go follow my media company page on all of its platforms. That's Shape, Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out. Our newest release just drop. We have new t shirts and sweats. We've also released stocking stuff for such as Beanies.
Speaker 3: Cooses, and months.
Speaker 2: Quantities are limited, so make sure you grab yours while supplies last, Oh Joe, before we get to the game, pre sell tickets for the Super Bowl show in New Orleans, our first tour stop, go on sell tomorrow at noon. And because we value each and every one of our low listeners and viewers, we're giving you the code first, right now, Oh Joe, tell the people at home what the code is.
Speaker 1: For all the people in the chat, For all the people at home, the code for pre sale tickets for the and that seth W tour is.
Speaker 5: Y'all can see that. I know, y'all can see that.
Speaker 2: Backing up a little bit, let it focus right there.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 2: In case you guys can't read that chicken scratch. He right like he's in third grade. It's in s f W N s f W. So all right, Oh cho let's get right into the game. As I mentioned earlier, the Detroit Lions moved to twelve and one thirty four.
Speaker 3: Green Bay Packers ball to ninety four thirty one.
Speaker 2: So the Lions win thirty four to thirty one over division rivals the green Bay Packers, the eleventh straight win. Jared Goff had another efficient game. He was thirty two or forty one two eighty three, three touchdowns, one interception.
Speaker 3: He was sacked once. Uh, he's hey.
Speaker 2: He threw the ball to seven different receivers, six different receiver caught a pass. He was thirty two completions, two under the eighty three yards, three touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Played very very well.
Speaker 2: They didn't run the ball great tonight, but they ran the ball well enough because now play action is sent up off of the running game, and you saw a lot of those crossing routes, a lot of the shake out out rock throws because of play action is so good because they can run it, and green Bay had to honor that.
Speaker 3: O Joe.
Speaker 2: Guys were wide open. But I was very impressed with green Bay because they could have easily run ahead. But give them credit. They came out forced to turnover right away and even took the lead. And they went back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. But the play of the game was when Detroit stopped him from getting into the end zone and they only could tie. It had been very interesting to see. I still believe that Detroit was gonna go down to get a touchdown even if they needed it, because they matched the intensity once green Bay took the lead. Now they went down there and got touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, and they're going forward on fourth down and pick it up every time. But I like what I saw from the Detroit Lions. They've been very, very impressive. I think they're the best team in football right now, followed closely by the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 3: Oh yo, what did you like about what you saw from this ballgame?
Speaker 1: Listen forget the ball game in general. I like what I like what I saw from Dan Campbell. I liked what I saw from Dan Campbell. When you talk about having Cojone's and you talk about having tescos the size of a goddamn.
Speaker 5: Tyronosaurus Rex, that's Dan Campbell.
Speaker 1: The fact that he changed the entire coach over there to a winning culture, and he believed when you have a coach like THATNK man that's willing to go for it on four down, you.
Speaker 5: Know what that's telling your players.
Speaker 1: I believe in y'all. I believe in you so that energy, I mean to play for somebody like Dan Campbell, who's also who's the players coach who also played in the NFL, has to be one of the greatest feelings for that organization and those players in general, because stuff like that it makes you want to run through a wall for a person, It makes you want to run through a wall for a coach like that.
Speaker 5: Only who coaches like that. Not only does he doesn't play conservative, he's playing all.
Speaker 1: He's playing balls to the walls, regardless of the scenario, regardless of circumstance, and it's dope, And I think that's one of the reasons why they are twelve and one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's all. He's constantly peal to the medal. He's constantly putting pressure. Not only does he put pressure on his offense, I mean on the opposing defense. He's putting pressure on his defense also because sometimes situations you properly could give those guys the opposing team the football at midfield or maybe even in your territory. But he just has that much confidence in his team. He said, offense, I have the utmost confidence in you that you're gonna get this, and if you don't, defense, I have the utmost confidence that you're not going to give up a touchdown and you're gonna hold it.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hold him.
Speaker 2: At worst case scenario, you're gonna give him three points or we're gonna get the football back with no damage done. And so that sends a message you're absolutely right, oh yo. That resonates with his ball club. And you hear the guys the way they talk about Dan care They absolutely one thousand percent believe in him. Uh, he's the facto leader, and I love the fact One voice, one sound. Hey, hey, calboy fans, y'all would love to have that with you. One voice, one sound, Mike Tomlin, one voice, one sound, Kansas City, one voice, one sound. That's what you do. That's the heartbeat.
Speaker 5: And you notice, you notice the difference of all the teams that.
Speaker 3: You just named, Yeah did win it?
Speaker 1: You notice what they able to do consistently year in the year out when all right, it ain't it ain't wrong.
Speaker 2: A science and the coach and the coach and the coach voice. The coach is the end all be all. But when you got people, you know, you got people that want to be all in your video all of you know, dancing and shine, trying to shine and trying to steal everybody else thunder.
Speaker 3: This is what you get. This is exactly what you get.
Speaker 2: Hey, Even though yeah, phely here, Sirianna, you might not like some of the things he said, and you know he might be getting into it with the fans, but you know you're high roseman. You don't hear Jeffrey Loriie. You go to Buffalo, you don't hear the goola's talking.
Speaker 5: Now you're hit mcgurrett. That's it, that's.
Speaker 3: It, and that's how it should be.
Speaker 5: One man, one sound.
Speaker 3: That's the way it should be.
Speaker 2: Jordan Love finished twelve or twenty, only got twenty passes two hundred and six yards of touchdown to Tucker Craft. Josh Jacobs had a monster game. He didn't rush for a ton of yards though, shoe, but he got the ball into the en zone three times. That's the one thing that he can do that. He has a sense for getting the ball into the end zone. He's gonna find a way to slither his way. He'll power his way because he can run with power. He can run with for nest. He had great hands. He's yes, he's really good, but I was really impressed with the packers. That was a short week and you have to travel and both teams.
Speaker 3: You're not doing it. You're not doing it.
Speaker 2: Basically, it's a whole lot of walk through to the whole lot of film study. Your body's not really fully recovered yet, and I'm surprised more people don't get injured Oho, because you have such a short week.
Speaker 3: You play on.
Speaker 2: Sunday, and then guess what, Monday, Tuesday, you gotta travel Wednesday, and then you playing normally. Hell I didn't start to feel good once I got it like your seven year eight. Hell I ain't start feeling good to your Friday.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: The funny thing I think about it too, and the fact that even on these short weeks, you know from a thirty to a Sunday or a Sunday to a Thursday.
Speaker 5: I think about the fact that we're in week thirteen win.
Speaker 1: Week twelve, so the body should be adjusted and enough enough wear and tear has been built up to this point to where you should be able to adjust to it, even though it's a short week.
Speaker 3: You adjusted them lists bad. I'll be woke. I bet I'll be woke.
Speaker 2: Massages and cold tub but like, But then the thing is ojoe is that, like you said, you're not out there running. Basically, it's a lot of walkthroughs, it's a lot of film study. You're running plays that you're very very comfortable with.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: You know, it looks we're in the same division and these coaches have been in play for an extended period of time.
Speaker 3: We know what you do. You know what we do?
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, who can out execute the other player of the other team by doing what we do? We believe we can do it. We do better than what you can do. That's what it comes down to.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: They made they got a turnover, uh, one turn up, well, two turnovers. Detroit got one and Green Bay got one because Christian Watson former the football. Uh and Detroit went ahead and took that in and then golf through an interception and then the Packers go right down the field.
Speaker 3: Score.
Speaker 2: But this was a very good game. Detroit. Detroit is really good. Man, Yeah, it's really good. But I'm still as good as they are. Oh show after watching the Eagles, Eagles right there, there ain't much separation between them and the Eagles.
Speaker 5: And that's on both sides of the ball. Too. That's on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 1: Listen, the Lions got got Gibbs in Montgomery, but Saquan is able to do the exact same.
Speaker 5: Game Well, I like game well, game well is nice too.
Speaker 2: And plus let me cut, let me the station right here, and and Jay, you got Jalen Hurts. Yeah, so golf golf doesn't add anything to the running game like Hurts add to the Eagles running game. You have give, you have knus for whatever they call themselves. But that's where it stops, because you're getting nothing out of the quarterback, right.
Speaker 5: I think I think you know what.
Speaker 1: For what they lack in quarterback playing from a dual quarterback standpoint, with golf being a strictly a drop back passer, they make up for it the wide receiver position though, Yes, they make up for it. And that's not taking anything away from Devonte Smith and uh and god damn A J.
Speaker 3: Brown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then and then both both defenses are really good.
Speaker 5: Now the second level for for the Lions, it's a little off. It's a little off.
Speaker 3: The second too many holding though.
Speaker 2: Joe, too many passing affairs, too many holdings.
Speaker 5: Carry on, Carry.
Speaker 2: Carry on, Joseph, You know, bro, Yeah, they got, they got, they got.
Speaker 1: They got to work on that. They have to learn to be patient. They got to learn to be patient and use their eyes a little bit more. Keep yourself in position. You keep yourself in position to make a play, trying to keep the receiver always either in front of you or stand on top of him. You're always be in a safe spot and be able to get your eyes around.
Speaker 5: Anytime you're panting, the.
Speaker 1: First thing you do is you pull, You pull your tug.
Speaker 2: And I'm afraid what's gonna happen with jo I can see this happening. They gotta have to be careful because you're gonna get in a situation where it's laying the ball game and you're gonna do what you've always done with your tug and everybody go say you way down to throw it when it's an obvious p I I don't know what.
Speaker 3: I don't know what.
Speaker 5: Artless do it.
Speaker 2: I mean he gets at least one a game, and sometimes they decline him for the simple fact that God didn't make the catch. But he's gonna have to be better. He's gonna have to be better in that area. But Detroit is really, really good of Zadarius Smith has another sack. He's playing extremely well. But I like what I see from Detroit. I like what I saw from Detroit. Now you get ten days, you get some time off, O Joe. You got Friday Saturday Sunday. Coach Campbell probably not going to want to see the guys until at least noon on Monday. You come in, get your run, get your lift in, you know, try to get some of that sword and inside. I mean, hey, some people might go out of town, but I was gonna go in and get me a run in.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I'm not going nowhere. I'm gonna go get my run in.
Speaker 1: As matter of fact, matter of fact, knowing knowing Dan, being that he's a player's coach and they're playing so well, being twelve and one, he probably gonna let them boys go. Yeah, man, y'all get away from here, get off your feet, get away from football, get away from football for a few days, and when you come back, be ready to go.
Speaker 2: Well, damn if they give. If they get Friday Saturday Sunday, they had enough time.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean three days after thirteen weeks. I mean, you know, you know they just had a buy yeah, but listen, Thanksgiving. Listen, the real football doesn't start until after Thanksgiving, so right now to be they want to know.
Speaker 3: Hold on, ojo.
Speaker 2: They got a full week because they played on Thanksgiving, so they got a normal it's a normal week for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 3: So so guess what they got.
Speaker 2: So they got an opportunity to oho, to have Friday, Saturday, Sunday off, Sunday off last week. Then they come Monday, Tuesday, travel Wednesday, boom. Right, right, they should be good. Now they probably was hurting. You play Sunday and then you got Thanksgiving Day. Now you got a whole week in between. But I'm sure coach CaMV I don't know what the strategy is. He might help. He might say, hey, I'll see y'all Wednesday. Yeah, come in, hey, come in tomorrow, get your run, get your lift, get some swordings out, and I'll see you guys on Wednesday. See you guys Wednesday morning, bright nerve. Yeah, that could be. That could be the approach that he takes. But this was a very good game, very interesting game, too. Good two teams, both teams are in the same conference. One Minnesota's ten and two, green Bay ninety four. But green Bay sneaky good. Well they're not sneaky, they're just really good. DAK defended Mike McCarthy, said, I whole heartedly believe in him. DAK thinks McCarthy deserves another contract. He also said he would help McCarthy McCarthy if he had more influence on the team's development, but McCarthy said he's confused by dak comments. According to Clarence Hill, the Cowboys, Cowboys coach, McCartney said he had the most input he's ever had his head coach, oh Lord Mercy.
Speaker 3: Coach compared to Green Bay.
Speaker 2: He is not sure what DAK meant by needing him influence on his terms. We know Mike McCarthy does not have thank you. He's the head coaching title.
Speaker 5: Only listen you just.
Speaker 1: In a disrespect or disrespectful way for those that understand the game of football, for those who know about when it comes to being the coach of the Dallas Cowboys organization.
Speaker 5: But that's start the helmet.
Speaker 1: There's one person that runs the show and it's not the head coach, and it's always it's always been that way. You have no pull you know exactly what Dak meant by the words.
Speaker 2: That he said, yes, and I'm not I'm taking Dak what he said with a grain of salt, because guess what he said. He wanted Scott Lenahan. He said he wanted Kellen Moore. He said he wanted Jason Garrett. He said he wanted this one and he wanted that one. So what's he supposed to say? Nah, I want Mike Mcca, I want another head coach, I want another play caller. Of course, he's gonna say all the right things because if you go back and check his track track record, O Joe, he said the exact same thing about every offensive coordinator, about every head coach that he's had.
Speaker 5: I mean, you have to, you have to. He has to be PC.
Speaker 1: He's a quarterback. He's the face of the franchise no matter what. So he has to say all the right things. It's not like he's gonna come out and go against you know, his his head coach.
Speaker 5: I mean, come on, Mike.
Speaker 2: You no, no, it should it. But I'm saying for him to say, Mike, let me ask you a question. Do you have any say on the final fifty three? Do you have any say in free agency, do you have any say in the draft? So if that, if that's the case, so I'm just trying to figure out, what do you mean you have some saint.
Speaker 1: Wait then he say he had more say, more control, and more say than than he had in Green Bay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I disagree.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe, oh Joe, maybe at the end, maybe at the end he didn't have the same amount of say. But it's hard for me to believe throughout his entire tenure that he had more say in Dallas that he had in Green Bay.
Speaker 5: You know what they did, right, that's what you know. Damn well, stop playing.
Speaker 2: Well see now by saying that, you know, you take some of the owners off Jerry, So we can't blame Jerry fully. So Jerry can say, oh see, he would out there say that he had some say. Let's get his answer up out of here, because we lose it.
Speaker 5: You know, it's funny.
Speaker 1: Now, don't hide and Jerry come back and fire back in his own way, his own meticulous way, because you know he can't.
Speaker 5: He can't stay from front that goddamn camera.
Speaker 2: Mike Florio believe the Bear should discuss the trade for Shannahan with the forty nine ers. The Bears are also expected to interview Pete Carroll. I don't believe they need a defensive coordinator as a head coach. I believe now if Pete Carroll's gonna go, get them a Cliff Kingsbury or get someone that's good with this type of quarterback. This type of quarterback, I mean, Caleb Williams. Okay, fine, but you better have someone that has offensive ingenuity, that's forward thinking creativity.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I love I love Pete Carroll.
Speaker 5: I love Pete Carroll.
Speaker 1: But the idea of Shannonhan and his offensive prowess and his creativity and what he can do when it comes to quarterbacks in the creativity and taking some the pressure off of Hyley Williams hit where he doesn't have to do so much because the offense does everything for you, putting people, putting the putting pieces in the right places and allowing that team to function and flow offensively. And he got the pieces to do it.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 1: Keenan Allen DJ Moore, you know, yeah, you got swift.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying the four, but I'm just saying you do.
Speaker 1: And obviously the office line has some work that needs to be done here as well, but he has a great arsenal weapons to work with. I'm just saying, if the switch was to happen, I think it would improve that off that that Chicago bears offense tremendously.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I see your own spirit WiFi tonight me. Yeah, I'm talking to you, Joe. Damn who you think I'm talking to?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay, listen, stay with me real quick, stay with me now.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: The people from a Wi Fi and my internet service, they won't be here tomorrow. So what I'm doing right now is chat. Y'all been with me today, just this one time, just just tonight. I'm using my hotspot from my phone to my laptop.
Speaker 5: To do the show tonight.
Speaker 1: So just being with me for any any any lags or lagging, I apologize, I'll be I'll be back on business Saturday. Okay, so bad, I'm bad, you know.
Speaker 2: Coach Belichick interview for UNC's the University of North Carolina head coaching vacancy. He reportedly blew them away in the interview. I mean, I don't know why y'all surprised by that. Coach Belichick seemed genuinely interest interested in the job. Excuse me, at the age of seventy two. Coach Belichick has no prior college experience. O Chell, Do you like coach Belichick going back?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not, Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I want at some point I would love for coach Belichick to get the most wins as a head coaching in fail pass shoot up, and he can't get that done going to North Carolina. I think going to college it's not a bad thing, but there's a disadvantage due to the competition level being, the the playing field being even because of n I L. I don't think Bill needs to get into that realm in that area where you're not really getting the players you need to have a winning season or actually to be able to compete at a high level. I would prefer Bill to stay with us at inside the NFL until the right job comes to his.
Speaker 5: To the right to the right NFL job comes, you know, the right one.
Speaker 1: Where he can continue to to win and strive to get into reaching that goal of being the most the most winning is NFL here coach Ever.
Speaker 2: I think, oh Joe, Coach Belichick, it had to be a huge crush to his ego. You're talking about the guy who won six Super Bowls and he ain't getting none of the jobs. There was six or seven jobs that were available, and he got none of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he got none of them.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question, though, Yes, thinking about this, of those six or seven jobs that are available, which one would have been the best fit that can get where he can continue his reign of dominance.
Speaker 2: No, we ain't got no quarterback. I mean, you got a quarterback, but you ain't got Tom Brady. But at this point, Ojo, let me ask you a question. You're the You're the best receiver in football.
Speaker 1: That's me, that's me.
Speaker 2: You you you got, you got all the records. You done, had six straight one hundred catch seasons. You had six straight seasons at least thirteen hunder yards, six straight seasons of ten touchdown. Oh well, okay, they move on and you can't find one job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, can I tell you something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's become a young man's game.
Speaker 5: Not only has this young man's game, it's become a young coaches game.
Speaker 1: Well mm hmm. But Bill to speak for itself, it speaks volumes. It's all about Bill being able to adapt today today's players.
Speaker 5: To today's era.
Speaker 1: Can he change some of the things that he did during the old days some of the old ways and try to try to revamp, like you know, I tell you got these sometimes you got evolved.
Speaker 5: You can't. You can't.
Speaker 1: You can't do the things you did back in the day and think it's gonna work in today's era. You know the players that I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think these kids don't carry about No rest may.
Speaker 5: Know, the kids don't.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying the organizations might might if he goes in and letting and shows that he can adapt to the kids in today's era.
Speaker 5: That's all I'm saying. I couldn't couldn't be wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he can he adapt. It's hard, o Jo, when you've been in your It's hard when you've done something one way and had ultimate success doing it that way. Now all of a sudden, you mean to tell me to do a one eighty Yeah cool, Oh Cho, that's hard. And the kids today, oh Cho. There's not the same level of respect for coaching and authority that it once was what you and I grew up with, and the way we see it gradually gradually dissipating, where the coach is authority and the coach's voice is not as powerful.
Speaker 3: As it once was. Now it is in some locker rooms.
Speaker 2: But I remember five years ago, ten five years ago, coach Belicheck walk into a locker room with that resume. Yeah, now, everybody, the first thing they're gonna call it a question. He didn't want to know what I go. He didn't want know without Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I just want I just be what out with you? Right?
Speaker 1: But you know what I see, especially with the young players that looked up to looked up to him as a coach, in respect what he's done.
Speaker 5: I think he can walk.
Speaker 1: Into a locker room and it'd be instant respect, even from the young, even from the young guns, even from.
Speaker 2: The young so yo, you see now to get young guys are disrespectful to the veteran players.
Speaker 3: So you think they yeah, yeah, the respect that we used to have for for.
Speaker 2: Authority, not forget forget the resume, just for authority, even if it was somebody that wasn't related to us, but they were older than ough or they were in an authoritative position.
Speaker 3: Oh you, we held them in respect.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I ain't the same now, Oh yo, I know what you mean.
Speaker 1: But listen, Bill, Bill is a different figure on either He's a legend at this you know, I think the players with respect, that's that's a legend. This ain't just no any coach. Oh shit, I'm playing for goddamn Bill Belichick, the one who's won six of the bolls, who knows how to win. You know, That's that's just how I see it.
Speaker 3: You talk how you talk, that's how you're thinking. Right. But you wasn't on your phone.
Speaker 2: You wasn't on your phone student the game with over to see what somebody said negative about Ojo, so you could confront a receiver, I mean a reporter.
Speaker 3: That is what you did.
Speaker 2: You wasn't on your thing trying to find out, well, who says something negative about me?
Speaker 3: Because I had an off game? That is't what you did.
Speaker 2: Coach, tell you one thing, you go do something else, because hey, I know better than coach. It's gonna be very very interesting, very interesting to see because you and I both know the longer you away from something, the harder it is to get back into it. Yeah, we just talked about the separation in a relationship. Okay, we start out at a week, two weeks and a month, two months, a year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, once you get to the month, you know, what that Do you know what that means?
Speaker 2: They don't mean nothing, O Joe. I'm just saying month, six months. Now you're getting six months now, you not, o Cho. Now you it's the old saying. Now you're crossing the rubercon. That means you're reaching the point of no return.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I've been there before.
Speaker 1: I've been I've been to the rubicon back in eighty seven.
Speaker 5: And I tell you, I tell you no, lie. Now, I'll never forget her.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's the story I can say for another day. But the name of they call it, they call her ruby. They called it ruby red. Her name of Ruby red.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she had red hair too, That's why we called it ruby red.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, man.
Speaker 3: And so it's gonna be I hope.
Speaker 2: Coach Belichick, I mean, I look, there are some things the way he did things wouldn't handle the media. But I think now, I don't you know his his his coaching, optman, is not to be questioned.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He knows the game forward and backwards. Now for me, it probably had I got drafted to coach Belichick. See, it's easy to get drafted somewhere, o Cho, and go there because that's all.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Had I gone some where else and then had to play for coach Reeves, it probably would have been a little different different. But he was hell from day so that's all I knew. See, if you raised in hell and all you've ever dealt with with the devil, so you go to another devil, you cool.
Speaker 3: Hell.
Speaker 5: I've been with the devil my whole life, right right right.
Speaker 2: But to go somewhere where you don't have to deal with the devil, and now you gotta deal with it. Now you got hell on your hand. Fit figuratively and literally. But I hope coach you Belichick gets a chance. I think he deserved the opportunity. Well, I think with his resume and what he's done and how he's been, he's had some some slip ups, but I think he's earned the right to at least get a one more chance to try to break that record. Absolutely absolutely, and uh if he if he, if he gets it, Hey.
Speaker 1: I know I know one thing, I've already already put my I put my word in. I put my word in. If if at any you do get a job, you know he's gonna bring you on as an assistant.
Speaker 3: Okay, A lot of former players have chimed in on the ausher of ze Asher hit On, Trevor Lawrence, Bill Romanowski, my former teammate, said H one was dirty, but I loved it. Sounds like Romo.
Speaker 2: Joe Thomas says the NFL needs to ban weaponize quarterback slides. Tom Brady suggested the NFL needs to change the rules to penalize late slide. Tom Brady says something very interesting. He said, they're putting their owners on the defense. Tom Brady is the wrong messenger because Tom they had a rule change. Does he not know the Brady rule was instituted to protect him. He's I get it, I get what he's saying, O Joe, but he's the wrong messenger because a lot of these rules that they was put in place to protect the quarterback he been deefitted from. It's kind of like what we see with a lot of hispanis when they talking about, yeah, the deport de port when they got over here. We see that, we know how they got over here. See it's easy to say that exposed fact though out here now, I don't give it close it, don't let nobody else over. Tom Brady said, well, hell, I ain't gotta take no more hits. Barnish the quarterback, really bro really yeah, I mean I get everything that they said on Joe the Late Slide. Patrick Mahomes is notorious for that film. He's going to slide and then he whither and finagel. No, that's wrong, punish it because uh all my listener, all my Ross Brown. He said that Cayler Williams had a habit of pretending like he's gonna go out of bounds and and and you're and they showed the clip Dan Campbell say if he does if he does this, y'all punish his ass. And that's exactly what happened. That's why they didn't throw a flag because he won. He said he had a habit of doing this. We're gonna put We're gonna put helmets on his ass. See, I might not I can stop him from doing it, but I break his answer the habit Grandma saying I might not stop you, but I break your the habit. Yeah, that's all I'm saying. Tom is the wrong messenger when he benefited one of he was one of the most benefit areas off the rule change to protect the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe so how is he gonna say this now?
Speaker 1: I think he's saying it because of the way the quarterbacks are taking advantage of the rule.
Speaker 3: Can of it?
Speaker 1: Yeah you know he can't. He can't scramble, he can't run. He couldn't run.
Speaker 5: Now they they took he took advantage of it in the pocket.
Speaker 1: Yes, so the owners at that point it's on the defensive player.
Speaker 2: Why he said the owner shouldn't be on the defensive player to protect the offensive player. That's what he's saying. So why is it on the owners when his asses in the pocket?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: But I okay, well, I want you to give you a good assw.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to give you better context for those that are running quarterbacks, that are that choose to take advantage of the situation that they know well, you know, I could fake it. I could act got him and guard to bounds and I'm gonna take it up the field. I'm gonna take it up the sideline. So Shazir, I understand that. I understand that was a late slide. That was a late slide by the I'm getting me say, Jerry Goff, that was a late slide by Trevor, No, you got you got to protect yourself.
Speaker 3: That wasn't a slide.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you do realize how tall Trevor Lord seals. That's no late o cho, Oh Joe, it wasn't a late slide.
Speaker 3: But when you six foot five, you make it seem like he Kyler Burry.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of man to get down into a sliding position. How many times you see how many times you see Aaron Judge stealer base? Do you know how hard it is for him to get his ass down and slide unless they ain't got nobody in that position that they got a shift on or something. Yeah, yeah, that's what. But here's the thing, just like a quarterback when they fake spight it and then throw the ball, what about that, Ojo? Should you be allowed to do that?
Speaker 1: I ain't really seen that since Farno against.
Speaker 3: Jess that do it?
Speaker 5: They still do it.
Speaker 3: I think the quarterbacks are afraid now.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's on a handful of quarterbacks have done have done that since that, since Danny. But and they put in the Jags to finish up Ojo. The Jags place Trevor Lawrence on injury reserve yesterday, likely ending his season. I think he's gonna have surgery when he was dealing with something before before this. Let okay, see he's had he had showed the issues before that, Ojo. But all I'm saying is this, I understand what Tom is saying, but as a quarterback that's benefited from it, you can't say, o Jo. You can't say, change the tax code when you benefited from the old tax code and you've made millions and billions. Now, hey close it, close that loop hole. They don't let nobody else do that. It's like a portal. We see these sci fi movie where they jump through the portal and then they're trying to close.
Speaker 3: It's okay, nobody else, bro.
Speaker 5: What's up? Yeah, you're right. I understand what you mean.
Speaker 3: But that's that listen.
Speaker 2: And I get it that they're gonna have to do something about this, Like you can't fake like you're on a slide because they changed the rules in college because Kenny Pickett and he pretends like you to go slide and he kept running and they ended up winning the game. So you can't do that now. And they're gonna, hey, if you want to change the rules, But once that guy go into a slide. Because once he goes into that motion, O Joe, Like I said, he's a big ass man. That's a lot to go from a fully upright position into a sliding position.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: I mean, but listen with the understanding of that being that you're a bigger man. I mean, you got to start that slide a little earlier.
Speaker 2: Guys, I'm not saying Tom Brady, Tom I'm saying Tom Brady. And it put it from rules that protected the quarterback. So imagine if you couldn't hit the quarterbacks with Lway and Marino. Because I give you prime example, Trent Green lost his starting job in Saint Louis. That's how we came to see Kurt Warner. Rodney Harrison did the exact same thing to Trent Green that Bennett Pollard did the Tom Brady did they.
Speaker 3: Change the rules?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not the moment they did it to Tom Brady. What did they do? They called it the Brady rule. A quarterback now a defender. He can't tackle the quarterback below the knee. Yeah, he can't hit He could only hit the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: You can't drive your weight until the quarterback you got the baby him down, you got it. If I got him, I got to do like this. And you see a lot of guys sacked the quarner or hit the quarterback. They got their arms spread and tried to dissipate the amount of weight that's going on the quarterback. So all I'm saying, I didn't say Tom was, but you can benefit from rules. Even though said that situation maybe wasn't applicable for him, but he did benefit from rules that would implement it to protect the quarterback. Right, So you want to see them change the rules. So what would you have them do? Go away with the slide, so now quarterback can't give himself up.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 1: That's part of the game. That's part of the game. You definitely can't take that out. But I don't I don't know. I think you would have to put the onus on the quarterback and being smart and being able to slide early based on situation and circumstances depending on what defenders are. And I think defenders have to protect themselves and understand the situation in hand, and knowing that the quarterbacks on slide and also knowing who you play against, you know you got some quarterbacks out are localheads, you know.
Speaker 5: Right, they're dropped shoulder. They're dropped shoulder now exactly.
Speaker 1: You have some quarterbacks that just really he ain't like that, and you know they gonna they're gonna get down the slide. It's all about knowing who you plan against.
Speaker 3: Uh, what we got.
Speaker 2: Despite his struggles, Aaron Rodgers says he has nothing to prove over the final Fast five game and burned that his career compliments should supersede. See I told you should supersede his performance down the stretch. He said it would be ridiculous to make a player with his resume audition for next season. Oh Joe, this is why we love professional sports, because what must you do every week?
Speaker 3: O Joe? Update your resume?
Speaker 5: U update your resume.
Speaker 2: So I want to ask Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers, what has those four m vps done for the Giant the Jets this year? That's what you do every time you step on the field, Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: I'm playing for my job.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but you're you already know what they're gonna do. Though you're you're you already know what they're gonna do. You know how difficult it is to find a quarterback. You know how long they just be looking for a quarterback?
Speaker 3: You're looking? Yeah, I know they still.
Speaker 1: Look at even though Aaron Rodgers is playing back. It's the possibility, is the thought. It's the hope that he's gonna play like the Aaron Rodgers of bold and even even if he shows a glimpse of flashes of the old Aaron Rodgers, maybe for the Jets organization, maybe that's just enough to give them hope that things may change.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 5: So if there's an opportunity.
Speaker 1: Or a chance for him to come back next year, guess where he's gonna be because of who he is and because of the exact same thing he said, Because if his resumeate, he gonna get a chance just because it's him.
Speaker 3: Uh uh uh. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I don't know Woody Johnson like a lot of other people, they seem to see that he and the owner of the Jets, Woody Johnson, it's kind of like they don't see eye to eye. There's reports that he wanted to bench Aaron Rodgers at some point in time this year. Coaches fought back at it and fought back against that. If they want me to stay fantastic. If it takes these five games, maybe they don't know what I bring to the table.
Speaker 3: Nothing this year.
Speaker 2: But that being said, I love to play really freaking well these last five games. It's oh, Joe, you see, That's what I'm saying. He thinks that the normal rules for an NFL player. Joe Montana. Yeah, he didn't finish. He didn't finish in San Francisco. Em And Smith, Bruce Smith, Jerry Rice, some of the historic great players.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of.
Speaker 2: Top one hundred players that did not finish their career with the team that drafted them. But somehow Aaron think he should be exempt because of his resume.
Speaker 5: And can I can I tell you something?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And that chat do y'all listen to me? Because his name is Aaron Rodgers, because of what he's done in the past, He's gonna get that grace simply because he's a quarterback. Even though some might not like it, we might not like it.
Speaker 5: It's just the honest truth.
Speaker 3: I believe there's a greater chance he plays elsewhere than with the Jets.
Speaker 1: Nah, I don't see it. Well, you know the Divanta is going after this. He's on He's on one year.
Speaker 3: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: Basically, yeah, you know, you know.
Speaker 5: You might be right.
Speaker 1: You might you might be right, as most of the pieces are gonna be going, you might be right. But where would that be?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean they talked about everybody keeps hoping to get the old Aaron Rodgers. You're just getting old Aaron Rodgers. I mean, I'm not breaking news outside. Look if that man has if he had another name on the back of that jersey, ain't no way y'all say that man deserves to get get the money that he's making, deserves another opportunity or earned forget deserved because he feels he deserves because of his resume, not based on what he's done.
Speaker 3: Everybody else must feel I get this opportunity.
Speaker 2: I've earned the opportunity to play here Ojo, to play another season, to get another game. He feels he's deserving based on what he's done, not what he's doing.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And you know the funny thing. You know what he can say it because he knows he's gonna get that opportunity. He knows he's gonna get that chance based on what he's done. Any other position tackles guards Stevens ends, centers, d tackles, cornerback, safeties will never be extended. That grace it's always this is there's always a special place for a quarterback, especially when it is done with Aaron Rodgers has done in the past. Even today, even as bad as it is, he will get that grace because of what he's done in the past. The only position I can get away on that block him.
Speaker 2: Hm uh jamar Chase Dad said he could still win the Super Bowl with the Cincinnati Bengals. If our defense was a little bit better, we would be in the super Bowl. Talk this offense is unstoppable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, talk talk, come on, talk Papa Chase.
Speaker 2: No oo oo, you can't. That's what I'm talking about. Oh cho, people believe where is this coming from?
Speaker 3: Be it true? Or imagine who they believe he's speaking for?
Speaker 5: Then you're speaking for Chase.
Speaker 3: I ain't. No, it's not a rhetorical question. I asked you the quest.
Speaker 5: You know what, that's that's you know what, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: But in this case, in this case being that I know Papa Chase right, he's at He's at every game, he watches every game, he's going through all the games, and Chas has been a little kid based on what he can see from sitting in the stands.
Speaker 5: And going to home and away games. I think his I mean, you see it.
Speaker 1: I mean it's right there in front of you. I mean, he sees it every day.
Speaker 6: But he's not saying nothing. We're not saying I know I ain't said, but let me ask you this. Let's just say, for the sake, let's just say, for the sake of argument to me, you you with Dayton Rail rail and Rail said he Now, we can see you ain't getting to catch it. You ain't getting the targets that you normally get.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is that my my man, Hey, they give him opportunity. Y'all see what if you do. Y'all know, y'all know, my man, he's been doing it for five or six years. They believe even though we can see it, do we believe that that's real talking or we believe that's real talking for oo that.
Speaker 1: That that that that's probably real talk about.
Speaker 2: Even though I agree with you that probably his own synopsis based on his knowledge of football is what he sees, right, But that's not how the media and that's not how people that watch will take.
Speaker 5: It, take it right.
Speaker 1: I understand what you're saying now about it is normally would it comes to family members, family members, family members that really don't know the game like that, you know, they just they go to it because you know, it's it's a family, it's a comber friend. But in this case, yeah, you know what I mean, I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt because we have somebody that's really integrated into the sport, that played the sport.
Speaker 5: Now he didn't make it to the highest level.
Speaker 1: But he is really into it like that, and he submerged himself into it now that it's some plays for the Bengals.
Speaker 5: So in this case, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it might be something that Chase might say, but so Chase Papa Chase to say it for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was very conscious of what I said around anybody because but I but I always told my boy, I said, Mom, anything that you say, they're gonna feel that you got it from real spanky mm hmm, I said. My homeboy said, Bro, whatever y'all say, they gonna feel it came from me. Be always keep that in mind. You never know, just because you know that person. You don't know who that person knows. So they take what you said and they go back, Oh, yeah, you know that's that's man. That's a shop homeboy. That's it right here, Mane the one bucket and Mark. Yeah, it's gotta be some truth to it. So you just have to be mindful of what you say because you never know. That's one person, right, but he might know three or four people. And then you get four or five gres of degrees of separation, and now all of a sudden, you something that you said innocently, all of a sudden grows legs. Y.
Speaker 3: I'm not telling you thing. You don't know. You've been in this game. You know how this thing works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely do. But the crazy about it, I don't have the stats in front of it. I think dan Olski ran him off to you when you'all on ESPN the other day about the losses that the Bangers have had and scoring twenty four points and scoring twenty eight points and scoring thirty four points, thirty eight points, whatever it might be, and all these losses because the defense is playing that bad. There used to be a time they said, you scored seventeen, you win the game.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, you win the game.
Speaker 1: And so the fact that they've been able to be an offensive juggernaut weekend and week out and still lose games, it's like, come on that.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing where I pushed back on deal. I understand he has minimal turnovers, but look at the games they lost, and when he's turned the ball.
Speaker 5: Over over and in the wrong time.
Speaker 2: You might have one turnover, but guess what, they pulled it out and they tied the game up with your fumble. Okay, you had a three point lead, but guess what you threw in a seven They kick a field goal and now boom. So you see, people just keep looking at the number of turnovers.
Speaker 3: But look at when he turned the ball over.
Speaker 2: You and I have always we concluded, Oh Joe, all turnovers aren't created equal. You turn the ball over in the first quarter, it's a big difference than when you turn it over in the fourth quarter you up by three or you down three. That turnover weighs differently than in the first quarter when it's zero zero or seven three or seven nothing. And so you go back and look at look at when he turned the ball over against Baltimore. Look at when he turned the ball over against Kansas City. Look at when the game that he lost. When they turn the ball over, that has to And guess what fumbles are turnovers?
Speaker 3: Also?
Speaker 2: People just say, well, he ain't throw but four interceptions, But what about the fumbles? How many times has he fumbled? Those are turnovers also because guess what if your defense can't stop their offense, you definitely can't give their defense.
Speaker 3: You can't give the opposing defense points on your possessions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you already made it abundantly clear that you have to be damn near perfect. Even if you're not perfect, the one thing you can't do is to give the opposing offense a short field or give them points on your possessions. Because now you're like, well, damn, we can't stop them. We just gave them seven points. If we don't score here, ojo, when we come back on the field, the score is about to be ten nothing to fourteen, ohing.
Speaker 5: I guarantee you and put you right behind a ball.
Speaker 2: Now you're really now, you really really really got the press. I've been in situations where we couldn't turn. If we didn't turn the ball over, we weren't gonna lose but it's hard to play ojo because you're only gonna throw the ball on third down. They know you're gonna throw the ball on third down. So we see in an eight nine man box on first and second. Now, how difficult you think it's gonna damn be to try to get on third down where it's third and eight third, nine and they know you gonna throw it.
Speaker 1: You better make some hay on first and second down now and make those third guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you try, You try to get. Everybody wants to be thirty manageable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we look at thirty manageable, thirty one to three mm hm five is okay. You start getting get thirty seven, thirty ten, thirty thirteen, you ain't gonna be picking them up on the rig.
Speaker 1: Your playbook shrinks significantly.
Speaker 3: The greater the distance, the smaller the playbook get.
Speaker 2: We only got like two or three players for thirty thirty, thirty law thirty ten or more.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 5: And most of the time you're gonna have to check them up fucker down anyway.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, Joe, check this out.
Speaker 2: The NFL will find players fifteen thousand dollars if players post their drug test request from the league on social media for a new memo sent to agents. Players across the league are extremely unhappy about this.
Speaker 1: Hey, but the NFL is so funny about control. I'm one of the ones who used to do that as well. I used to do that. And you know what's so funny about about social media, it's the fact that people in the chat. If you can go on Twitter right now, so just just do me a favor, Please go on to it right now and see if you can find me complaining about getting drug tested after the game. It's still up there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's something that I did, is something that some of the players do. And anytime you have a good game, a game that's out of the norm, they think it's something wrong with you. What they do, They've drug test you the next day. Hell, sometimes they might catch you right after the game. Yeah they might.
Speaker 2: I definitely didn't think it was random because I'm getting tested seven times a year, and the point of the kicker getting tested one time of year. Now clearly you look at them, clearly they whatever they take it is backfired. It ain't working right. I'm like, how's it random? When I get selected?
Speaker 3: Damn?
Speaker 2: There every week or every other week, and this guy gets tested once a year. I'm compete. They come see me in the off season. It's also a based on position too. It's also a based on position. Yeah, what what are we testing kicker for?
Speaker 1: Anyway? Think about it?
Speaker 2: Eating too many hamburgers and pieces. That's what's his sister? But I I, but but ooe, tell me this, what do you what do you? What do you get by posting that? Are you trying to enlisit sympathy from the fans? I don't get. Like I said, I was frustrated, O Joe, because I got tested. I got tested a bunch, and even in the off season, because in the off season I was when I was living in Savannah. The guy would come to the airport, O Joe. I would meet the guy at the airport. He would get off the plane, he would go, he would we'd go into the bathroom. At that point in time, Oh Joe, they have to keep the bathroom open, so you would have to turn to the side so he can see it.
Speaker 5: And make sure you ain't doing nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Because guys have started getting the wizard Nata. They were getting somebody else you're in bag and strapping it to their legs. You know, dude darker than me and he got peat meat hanging down there. You know what I'm saying. Come on, bro, So I said, come on, dude, that's the dude from Minnesota. O Joe, he don't got the wizard that that's out what they found out about it.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's that's coming. And you know it's funny a chat. This is so funny too. In the off season, it doesn't matter where you are in the world.
Speaker 3: Oh, get absolutely, if you.
Speaker 1: Got to get a drug test, they gone, they coming wherever you are. You can be in Europe, you could be in Italy, you could be in Spain, you can be in London, They're coming. You can be in anywhere. It doesn't matter wherever you are in the world. Once you have that drug test, even in the off season, you will get that test taken within twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: So you used to tell them, Joe, I'm gonna be in Saint Thomas or I'm gonna be out of town on vacation. Okay, we'll get you when you get back. Oh, no, where are you gonna be? They're gonna hey, they would ask you, where are you gonna be?
Speaker 1: What we gonna have somebody there. We'll have somebody there to meet you within the hour.
Speaker 2: They will they will show up, They absolutely will, Ojo. And that was I was like, because at first, O Joe, they used to let you go in the bathroom. Because what they would do they would be in the training room, they would give you the cup. They let you go to the bath yea and come back.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: And then they were like, okay, they would follow you to the bathroom, but they would let they would let h still let you close the door. But what guys were doing they would already have somebody else you're in store, yeah, or into the cup, pretend like that, you know, and and so for the song. So then it's like nah, nah nah, y'all end it right, y'all, Thank y'all slick. So now drop your pants. You gotta put your pants to your ankle. You gotta turn to the side. I mean, come on, bro, another man watching another grown man pee in a cup.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but hey, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna get this, y'all to getting no money out of me? Stand right there. I will fill it up. I can't give you, y'all ain't fit to get one dime out of shame.
Speaker 3: I promise you.
Speaker 2: But that's the way it is, that oh joke, and they say this is this is has they said, Now I read the member. They said it's always been a rule, but there was no I guess, no fine or no term, no punishment behind it.
Speaker 3: So now.
Speaker 5: They weren't enforcing it.
Speaker 1: But I think I think the NFL is down fed up and just players want to let people know how ridiculous it is that they're being fine, I mean fine, that they're being drug tested and it's normally after an exquisite performance.
Speaker 2: Every time. Every time, I was like, I mean, I want you know, just a coka. I had a ninety Okay, I had one thirty? What y'all found?
Speaker 3: What? I bean? I'm trying to figure out what happened in that week? Right? Well, what y'all why y'ally trust me? What I had?
Speaker 2: Foe catchers for twenty two yards? Y'all need a drug test? The coaches and asked them why they called them BULLGYE played. That's what y'all need to test?
Speaker 3: O Joe.
Speaker 2: The Ravens suspended Deontay Johnson for one game in twenty twenty four. Has not been kind to Deontaey from being traded off two NFL teams and becoming practically non existent in the Ravens dynamic confence, and now being suspended one game after refusing to go into Baltimore Week thirteen.
Speaker 3: I see O Joe. Yeah, I tried to tell you when he was in Pittsburgh, they talked.
Speaker 2: I said, THEY'RENNA toleration until they he took that same attitude.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 3: They won't listen to me. Oh how you know up?
Speaker 2: Because I know because I've been in the locker room and I was in the fact though I was the leading boys, and I've seen guys just like deonn Tay Johnson, and he took that same behavior. If y'all think this man this change, y'all think he just got like this when he got into Baltimore. U y'all think that chat y'all really think that's who? Do y'all say it was? Because that no mm hmm. But y'all don't want to listen to me. Oh think you know everything. I don't know everything. I know a little bit about everything except technology, But when it comes to human behavior, I know a lot about that. I told you, Yeah, y'all want to listen to me now? So I hey, hey, chat when I was saying this behavior in Pittsburgh, where are y'all at now? Why we can't find no oh Joe, why we can't find anybody? They go against us? But when we right, don't nobody jump in the chat and say, oh Joe, I hey. I was one of the ones that said, oh Joe, you was wrong, but you was right? Why we can't get that Ojo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. Listen, I I do, I do listen. I'm not I'm not saying what he did was right. I do understand his frustrations, see getting traded to Baltimore and wanting to be an intricate part of the offense and really not getting those opportunities. He's had catches. I think he slipped on a few, he's dropped a few, but he's also caught some balls, but not to the point where he thought he would.
Speaker 5: I mean, obviously, you're the one. You're go into it. You're going to a run a team they running the ball first anyway.
Speaker 1: So your opportunity are gonna come few and very and and and few and how you said, what's.
Speaker 3: The word you want to far between?
Speaker 1: Yeah, few and far between, especially in that offense, especially when they already have Za Flowers and and Baban and Aguilar. You're gonna have to get in where you fit in. And when you do get the opportunities, you're gonna have to make the most.
Speaker 3: You got to catch it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that that too, You got to catch him. You got to make the most up.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, I don't look.
Speaker 2: I was a pretty good player, and I wanted to catch the football because I work my ass off doing the course of the week, I felt I had done all the right things, from studying to preparing to practicing hard to do it all the right things. I really wanted to catch the ball. Yes, sometimes they didn't throw me the ball. Yeah, guess what I did. Guess what I did on Monday, Oh Joe, you did take my black ass upstairs and pick up that check.
Speaker 3: I got paid by the game, not by the catch. Right. So now, if y'all want to pay.
Speaker 2: Me this amount of money to catch no balls, I'm gonna go right and I ain't gonna say a word. Right y'all want to be Hey, if I call thirteen passes, I made the same amount of money as if I called two. Now it's gonna look fully show y'all. But I'm not I'm not fit. I'm not finna get lose my mind. But y'all not throwing me the ball because I know what I can do. Y'all know what I can do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But to.
Speaker 1: Not go in a game, yeah, hell no, o Yo, that's that's that's hella fast hello. Frustration built up.
Speaker 2: What you need you need to be Jaried Rice. I remember, I think, oh, what who was it? Was it Bill Callahan? It might have been Bill callahad that broke Jared Rice's consecutive game streak of catching a pass. Jared had like two something over two hundred catches and he didn't throw him a pass.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he snapped it. He broke it. Go back and look at it. I think it against the Seahawks. And then at the point in time on Yo, they were up, so you know they're not gonna throw the ball, right.
Speaker 3: Jared was frustrated.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 2: Jerry came out there the next weekend went crazy. I don't know if he went crazy, but he took his ass in the game. And that's Jerry. At the time. At the time that happened, Jared was the greatest receiver had ever played. And if he go take it. Man, Hi, you in good cars to tell the coach you ain't going in the game on Yo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I meant listen, I've never been in a position like that where I had.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be in a position like that.
Speaker 2: On Joe, football player, that's my job is taking my black ass in the game. Yeah, oh Joe, I never want to. I never wanted to have that kind of power that I feel. Look, I've been very fortunate that, you know, played on some teams and they kind of gave me some leeway. But they tell you a lot about a person that has power and doesn't amuse it.
Speaker 3: M M, tell you a lot about the person. Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody can't use that kind of power for good. Sometimes people are using for bad and taking advantage of it, right. Uh, you know being in Baltimore, you know, I remember when we went to Baltimore and uh, you know, we didn't have a whole lot of rules.
Speaker 3: Don't ya just be on time? Things like that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it drove me crazy that Coach Belichick would let guys skirt on the time, but hey, it is what it is. We go to the super Bowl. Now we don't have bet check right. He gave us one rule, coach. Coach Belichick gave us one rule. He says, I want everybody to ride the bus from the hotel to the practice field. What practice is over. I want everybody to get on the bus and ride back to the hotel. After that, you can do whatever you want to do. Okay, Rookie he from Florida, his mom and dad down. He gonna ride back to the He talked about he gonna ride back to the hotel with his parents.
Speaker 3: I know, no, F you ain't what I said, Oh no, F you ain't.
Speaker 2: I said, you think you fitling an infidel for everybody, I said, the man gave us one. We don't have, bad check. We don't have we don't have nothing. And the man said, I got one rule. From the hotel to the practice field, practice field, back to the hotel.
Speaker 3: And you talking about it.
Speaker 2: Boy, that's really the only time I won't you. I haven't really got mad, right, Oh your it's the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think he really understood the significance of it. Remember he's just looking at it like another game. But they chronicled this one and this this one here for perpetuity. They got I don't know how many games they played, probably fifteen thousand, seventeen eight hundred. They've only played at that point in time thirty five super Bowls. And now you think I'd better let you potentially hang a m man, you'll get your ass on this bus. I'm gonna be I gonna have to fight you and your parents, but you get you get your ass on that bus.
Speaker 1: Bad. Please don't.
Speaker 5: Yes, you can't do that. That's that Joe.
Speaker 2: You think if you're coaching o Jo, you in Cincinnati and Marvin say, oh yo, y'all just got one rule. He say, hey, o Cho, you could wear whatever you want to. Well, you can wear one play, you could wear shorts, you could wear this, you could wear that. He said, Oh Cho, all I want you to do is that I want you to right from the practice field. I want you to take I want you to get to get on these golf cards and go down to the practice field and then get on the golf cards and go back to the facility.
Speaker 3: That's the only rule I got for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, yeah, simple as that.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Justin Jefferson said he hasn't spoken to Kirk Cousins since he left in free agency, O Joe, did you talk to former teammates if they left in free agency?
Speaker 1: You know, not, not really, not really, I really didn't. I remember TJ left and went to Seattle, if I'm not mistaken, and the Raiders. Carson left and went to Arizona and went to the Raiders.
Speaker 5: No, no, we did. We didn't talk much. But what we did do is we did keep in communication in the off season. Like in season.
Speaker 1: You know, when players left, we exchanged pleasantries before the left, and you know that that was it. That was that was pretty much it. So especially in the season, you know, we didn't talk much. Yeah, the funny thing about it, we didn't talk much when they left then, but now we talk more and we ain't played and so.
Speaker 5: Goddamn long, which is weird.
Speaker 1: You know, everybody's always on their own program, and you hate to see him go.
Speaker 5: That's one thing about it.
Speaker 1: You hate to see him go, especially you know, the combination and the duo that TJ and I were during that time, and to see Carson, God was also sad. But you know, we didn't we didn't communicate after that.
Speaker 5: Man, once they.
Speaker 1: Were going, they were going. They you know, we understood the business aspect of things and the way things work. You know, if I see when in passing an off season, you know, it's all love.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: When I left Baltimore, went back to Denver, Me and Ray we still talk once twice a week when I went. When I left Denver and went to Baltimore, me and Burns. But it Burns ended up leaving and going to Tampa. Well, he left in Tampa in ninety nine, and so I was there by myself that that was the worst year of my entire life and been in fourteen years. That was the worst year I ever had. But he and I we still talk. We're normal. We talked every day. But those were really the only two guys that I really talked to during the season. But like you said, once the season was over, you know, a lot of the guys, Fats and a couple of other guys, Duke Jackson, House, well we still were still communicated and we you know, I got you know, we're close today. But yeah, I can see Justine. I mean, I don't think I don't think that's unusual. Now, I didn't have a quarterback. I didn't have a quarterback leaving for Regency. Uh, but no, Hell, I wasn't talk to the quarterback. Hell, John and I didn't talking off season, so I know, damn well, if I had gone to another team or he had gone to another team, we weren't gonna be.
Speaker 3: Talking during the season.
Speaker 2: Now we didn't talk it off season, and we're on the same damn team. So I don't I don't think that. I don't think that's strange at all, O Joe, you.
Speaker 5: Absolutely not, Absolutely not, because I don't know. I mean, I lived, I lived in.
Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 3: Mhm.