Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and.
Speaker 2: Get Katie and he Armstrong and Getty. Guys.
Speaker 3: Eight years after the epic concert disaster that was Firefest, tickets just went on sale for fire Fest two. Yeah, tickets are now on sale.
Speaker 2: And some costs up to one million dollars.
Speaker 3: Even the people who invested in Huck toua crypto, think this is bad idea.
Speaker 4: Oh so you got you got wide eyed there, Katie over the announcement of this.
Speaker 2: Why is it?
Speaker 5: I cannot believe they're going to try to do this again. This was This was the most catastrophic, expensive, celebri already covered event on planet Earth. This is the one where all the celebrities showed up and there were tents and they got like bologney sandwiches that looked like they were from a prison.
Speaker 1: And everybody lost their ass on it. Everybody lost huge amounts of money. This guy was jailed, wasn't he. Yeah, he edited it up. He was prosecuted. He gets out and says time for fire Fast too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was this guy.
Speaker 5: McFarlane and jaw Rule the rapper was behind it, and uh, there's a great documentary.
Speaker 2: I think it's on Netflix. They yeah, i've seen parts of that before.
Speaker 5: Oh I cannot this is going to be so fun to watch.
Speaker 4: Was it an on purpose scam? That's what I never nailed down because I didn't follow it Clossey. Was it an on purpose scam or it was just he just went poorly? Just what?
Speaker 5: I don't think so, because there were legitimate acts that signed up to be a part of the festival that once they started to see it go to all hell, they were like, okay, we're out, We're done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of Woodstock two, speaking of really interesting documentaries. It was just a fuster clock and just a disaster. Financially, it's the same deal.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the website right now.
Speaker 5: Your general access tickets fourteen hundred dollars and VIP's twenty five grand.
Speaker 2: Well this is this is.
Speaker 4: Whoa. Yeah, when the money gets that big, you gotta be concerned that once they get the money, they don't care how happy you are with.
Speaker 2: The with the result. Is it even happens, This is hysterical.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, if it happens, I cannot wait to see how this mean, because once.
Speaker 4: They got your twenty five grand, they can say, oh, you don't like Bloney SAMs, Just sorry, I thought you'd like them.
Speaker 5: I mean, last time it was so bad, to the point where the initial location that they had planned to have the festival, they sold so many tickets and stuff that the people were like, we can't handle this, so last minute they moved the local.
Speaker 2: I mean, everything was a mess.
Speaker 1: Well, and again, Jack, you're presuming a festival will take place. I'm picturing my fourteen hundred dollars, or if i'm you know, a VIP twenty five thousand dollars going away and never coming back again.
Speaker 2: I can't believe they're doing this again.
Speaker 4: You know what a lot of VIP is often just because I had this experience at the Eagles concert at the Sphere, which I didn't buy VIP tickets, but when we got to the wherever we're going in and they found out I mentioned to the person there that was my son's first concert of his life, and they were so excited about that, and they gave us the VIP stuff and the VIP treatment and everything like that. Or we're gonna make you a VIP or whatever. It's Basically you get a lanyard that says VIP that's more or less the sum total of it, and a poster and a bag. You know, tote bags which ben if the Earth ever crumbles under the weight of something, it's going to be tote bags.
Speaker 2: They just they're They're everywhere, They're all the place. Anything you go to, they've got a tote bag for you. How much toting do you do? I actually I've paid for a couple.
Speaker 1: That were very very cool or a VIP experience, but it varies by the band obviously.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm looking at the press release for this on Instagram. Victims of the first one go free another one I know, a safer way to enjoy music.
Speaker 2: But thanks, this is not going to go well.
Speaker 1: We'll keep our eye on this, all right, And so ends our discussion of the probably non existent ripoff music festival. Jack, do you want to get into the aforementioned topic?
Speaker 2: Right? So this is this gets pretty interesting. I know where I know emotionally where I am on this.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I can back it up intellectually as well as I can emotionally. My point of view and most of the textures wholeheartedly agree with me, although that might just be the tendency to you know, you listen to this show, you tend to think like we think or whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I hate to jump to my analysis, you know, before the end. But I think that tension that you're talking about is what the evil doers, and I hope that term isn't too judgmental.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 1: Tension is what the evil doers are trying to exploit to get you to shut up and take what they're dishing out, because they make a very reasonable sounding argument for intrusions into families that are indefensible.
Speaker 2: But so, I've had two kids get physicals.
Speaker 4: You get them at around age thirteen, and they ask you the front office help asks questions, and then it goes to the next person and then and finally your doctor. I mention that because that factors into some of the responses we got. I don't like the questions. I don't understand really ninety percent of the questions why they're even asked to me. A physical is or Mike's son physical is you know, way them check their reflexes whatever, tell them if they need to lose weight, or if their eyesight's bad.
Speaker 2: Or whatever, but.
Speaker 4: Anything about the way they live at home. I don't feel like as any of your damn business. And I don't like answering any of those questions. And it's gone as far as and that they didn't haven't asked this. And I don't know if they put this in the chart or what, or if the state stopped asking. But I remember originally we were asked at the doctor's office, are there any guns in the home? And I was like, whoa, whoa, whoa, No way we're answering that question.
Speaker 2: I can't even believe you had the guts to ask that question.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm flabbergasted that at a doctor's office they would ask you.
Speaker 2: If you have guns in the home. To me, that's got nothing to do with your job at all. And a lot of the other.
Speaker 4: Questions they asked, in my opinion, some of you don't agree anyway. So some of the texts we got which are kind of all over the place on this thing. And I even brought up the idea of when our babies were born, them making me leave the room so they can ask mom, does he abuse you at home?
Speaker 2: Which I find disgusting.
Speaker 4: I just I just I find that abhorrent, And you're about to hear some pushback on the text line, which again, intellectually I kind of get, but emotionally I do. First of all, I agree with Jack hundred percent. Is not a medical doctor's place to ask about anything other than physical health. The sole exception would be if the child's chart shows a series of severe bruising and or broken bones, I'd say, you got some vidence that would suggest exactly Yeah. Yeah, Again, some of these texts are all over the place. I'm seventy eight. I was asked if anyone was forcing me to have sex. I replied, yes, my wife. Please don't make her stop. See I don't is anybody forcing you to have sex? I just where'd these questions come from? Again, we're about to get to an explanation from a doctor who will explain why they think to them.
Speaker 2: Every time I go to Kaiser.
Speaker 4: That's a big medical person in outfit in California. Every time I go to Kaiser for anything, they start with a slew of questions about whether I feel safe in my relationships.
Speaker 2: I refuse to answer.
Speaker 4: They do not like that, But then they think that taking my blood pressure and weight are optional. It's infuriating, so they might not do the actual physical stuff because that might be body shaming.
Speaker 2: Or something like that. I guess I don't know.
Speaker 4: But the intrusive questions about your lifestyle, sure, those are okay. This one is pushedback to a topic we're about to get to.
Speaker 2: I'll save that one.
Speaker 4: Doctors asking kids state mandated questions about guns and homes and other random questions is just another version of teachers keeping secrets from parents. The state is intervening in the nuclear family as much as they can. That camel just keeps nudging itself into the tent. That's the way I feel about.
Speaker 1: It, and I think those who are doing it deliberately, like we've been describing or joined by the do gooders, who are, well, you know what do gooders are. They're just utterly convinced that it is appropriate for them to intrude into your life to make your life better for you, whether you want them there or not. Sometimes it's a mother in law, sometimes it's the state.
Speaker 4: I'm building up the people who agree with me before I get to a medical professional that will have the big pushback. Completely agree with Jack on prinal rights. You can't treat every parent as if they're abusive. Plus the state's definition of abusive is ridiculous anyway. I don't know what the state's definition of the abusive, but if it's you let them watch three hours of YouTube videos or something one day, it might be a hell.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well.
Speaker 1: One aspect of abuse is calling my son him rise decided to be her.
Speaker 4: For instance, Uh, when my son was thirteen, he had to get his TETNA shot for school. That's literally all I had him. Get, no physical in quotes. For that reason, I don't participate anymore. Just get the shots, because the physical is more questions.
Speaker 2: Than anything else. I'll skip that one and get to.
Speaker 4: The medical professional. I want to get to getting back to my text. Hold on just a second. I hope I have that. I hope I didn't lose that because it was really really good.
Speaker 2: Take your time.
Speaker 1: I'm giving myself a self prostrate exam during the pause in the action.
Speaker 4: Here, here's a good one. This is so and so in Seattle. Pushing parents out of the room and honing your tween. Handing your tween a questionnaire is step one of indoctrination of your kid.
Speaker 2: It happened to me in Washington.
Speaker 4: State, and it kickstarted my daughter spiraling into self harm, gender identity questions, et cetera. And then there was the school who made her declare he pronouns for the record, and that let her officially change your name and gender identity in the school system without telling me. Right, she would self farm at school, go to the nurse, they'd give her a band aid and send her back to class.
Speaker 2: Not a single word to me. I'm just the mother after.
Speaker 1: All, right, right, that is straight out of Marxism, driving a wedge between or a breaking apart the nuclear family so that the state raises the child and can indoctrinate them. They say it out loud. This is not a conspiracy theory. They say it out loud.
Speaker 4: Somehow I did not capture the one I want to get to from an actual doctor, So you might have to do your the next little segment of this and I'll get back to it of the state trying to separate it.
Speaker 2: Okay, here it is.
Speaker 4: I found it. If my super slow iPad can bring it up. We're using like a Gen two iPad here. Hanson and I kind of have like a it's kind of like the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer sees how far he can drive on empt before he finally runs.
Speaker 2: Out of gas.
Speaker 4: Hans and I kind of have that thing going with this iPad. How long can we use this outdated iPad that you can't update.
Speaker 2: Anymore and make it actually work and might have reached them? Wow.
Speaker 4: I can give you the longest short of it, and if I have to fill in the details later, I will. It's basically a doctor saying, look, I agree with you guys most of the time on this stuff, but you're wrong about this. There is no sinister reason. Even though it is a small percentage of people that harm their children, this is a good way to catch those people. And if we can, you know, save one kid from abusive parents, it's worth asking everybody the questions.
Speaker 2: That's where I get to.
Speaker 4: The I understand intellectually what you're saying, but emotionally and in reality, I don't like it at all. I don't like treating everybody like they're a wife beating, you know, child abusing person so that you can, in theory help a couple of families or parents or.
Speaker 2: Kids where I don't think they're probably going to be honest anyway.
Speaker 1: Right, And the doctor has absolutely got a point, and it's a valid one. But the problem is this, there is a primal violation happening when you say to a parent, get away from your child.
Speaker 2: I need to deal with your child.
Speaker 1: And on my authority, I am removing you from the room.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's done much more diplomatically than that. They don't say it like that, but that's what's happening. And if there is ample justification for it, I get it.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem, though, doc, and this is just this is people comparing notes.
Speaker 2: I'm not disagreeing with you.
Speaker 1: The Marxists and those who would break apart the nuclear family to perpetuate their evil plans for our country, for instance, they use that excuse to do terrible, terrible things, including the court case we're about to talk about later at this hour. So that's that's that's the rub, my medical friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, any more thoughts on that are texting and we'll we'll get back to this this latest court ruling, which is horrifying. The text line is four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 2: Here's the text from an actual doctor.
Speaker 4: We're on the subject of you take your kids into the doctor's office and I ask them all kinds of questions. Sometimes they to separate you and ask the question separately, which I hate and just think god to be illegal.
Speaker 2: I don't have to go along.
Speaker 4: With it, and I don't, or even if I ask you the questions with you in the room, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: But here's an example.
Speaker 4: As a physician, I can say there's no sinister motive other than screening for health and safety in the home. As you pointed out, unfortunately abuse is more common then would be suspected. If a non invasive screening question can help to detect even the small number of relative to the general public, then it should be done. I agree with the majority of your guys' views, but with this one, I would argue you are misguided if concerned about the questions and discuss with your physician. I also suggest building a report and trust with your doctor over time so these questions don't seem intrusive rather than looking out for your kid's physical and psychological health. Well, I do have a good relationship with my doctor and report. But if you get into this situation where a doctor you're sitting there with your kid, and the doctor's asking the kids questions about what you eat, or how much screen time you get to whatever. Why didn't you ask me that You obviously don't believe me or trust me, or you're trying to catch me.
Speaker 2: In a lie by? I mean, what is even going on there?
Speaker 4: You taking the role of the alpha in the room is what I don't like. I'm the alpha, always will be the alpha. You ain't the alpha. You ain't the one making the decisions here. I don't like that at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's defensible from a scientific slash medical point of view, I suppose. But the problem is, as I said before, and the first the reason this is so top of mind for me is the first Circuit court just held that parents have no right to know about their eleven year old.
Speaker 2: Changing gender in school.
Speaker 1: And the court's decision talks about our pluralistic society assigns those curricular and administrative decisions. Can you imagine my child is having a mental health crisis and the court calls that an administrative and curricular decision to the expertise of school officials charged with the responsibility of educating children. So, doctor, you are one hundred percent right, and I agree with you in principle. It's that same principle that's being used as an excuse for the teacher to indoctrinate the child and to try to pry the child apart from the parent. You see our discomfort there. It has the same explanation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it absolutely is.
Speaker 1: You're right, doctor, the school is perverse and sick, and it's the same explanation. So the line's got to be drawn somewhere, right, Well, I think a lot of people want to draw it to the heir, to the side of no, this is my child, this is my family. I'm in charge here, you're not. Yeah, yeah, yeah, But again that does not in any way negate what the doctor has said.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: M Anyway, we're getting lots of text on this, keep them coming. If there's any good ones, we'll probably delve into it again tomorrow.
Speaker 1: There's a proposed long call unicorn or that is kind of tangentially similar. I think Katie's going to tell us about and then some you know, some good light fun stuff as well.
Speaker 4: It's very serious today. I'm sorry, I'm sick. This is no joking matter. I might have a cold. You think that's funny?
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty. Thirty more minutes and we're done. That's why I'm at I don't like your attitudes. Something I don't feel good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I decided I needed to rant just a little longer about this first circuit ruling.
Speaker 4: Really, it'll be overturned, right, It's just going to take a long time, which is very frustrating.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well, yeah, I suspect it will be, although I don't The legal reasoning seems to be sociological reasoning to me, and so I hope it will be slapped down. I think it also if people hear about it might cause this sort of reawakening we need, societally speaking, so we can fight back against these people.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 1: They're organized, they're strategic, they know what they want to do. They want to indoctrinate your child and brye them away from your family. The rest of us are kind of we're not organized. We're not being strategic anyway. So the first circuit just held that parents have no right to know about their eleven year old changing gender in school. It was viewed as overriding parental rights. And the specific reasoning is just insane. And that's why I wanted to rant a little more about it, because it really it shows their hand. The court wrote and I'm quoting Jonathan Turley, who's been covering this.
Speaker 2: This is the court quote.
Speaker 1: Our pluralistic society assigns these curricular and administrative decisions to the expertise of school officials charged with the responsibility of educating children. Turtlely points out there's no more cherished rife than citizens raising their own children. Indeed, he points out, the right to raise the one's children according to your own faith and values is a touchstone of freedom. Conversely, the subordination of such rights is the harbinger of state tyranny.
Speaker 2: And they appeal to pluralism.
Speaker 1: Our pluralistic society, and totally points out the pluralism allows families with different norms and values to thrive. Public schools are effectively demanding that parents give up their rights to critical aspects of rearing their children as a condition for public education. It's a virtual slogan for school choice. I think he skips over, you know, the other side of the coin. They say, in defense of pluralism, all the kids come to school and we indoctrinate them exactly the same, no matter their parents' beliefs.
Speaker 2: Right, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 1: That's just that's just horrifying, And the fact that a court went for it.
Speaker 2: Is that's that's how do I put this? You know what?
Speaker 1: I will just read what I responded to Tim Sander for the last night, who texted me about this case.
Speaker 2: The fact that it exists.
Speaker 5: M M.
Speaker 1: I'm a peaceful man. I believe in words and ideas and patient persuasion. You f with my kids, I will cut your throat. This is the This is radical in a fundamental, primal way danger.
Speaker 2: And I mery that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean absolutely, it's a big deal. Choosing my words carefully here, don't everybody needs to hear about this. I'm glad to see the number of times that's been reposted. H The interesting thing, interesting, the horrifying thing is that it's already gone so far that virtually the entire government education system is in on this, in on the way left philosophy anyway. Like you said, it's a virtual slow and for school choice, it's it's ought to be slogan for more than that, I cannot. I think it is a measure of how meek we are at submitting to authority that this has not caused more people to go absolutely ape pooh nuts.
Speaker 4: Right, and Uh, you know, similar to the last conversation we're talking about with the doctors, which is obviously different than the school I think at the top you have people that want to separate parents from children, and then some people along the way might agree with that, but you certainly have many layers to think, well, we're doing this because we care about the kids.
Speaker 1: Well, they concluged by the deceptive arguments of the hardcore. Yeah, yeah, they've They've They've been duped.
Speaker 2: Happens all the time. It's like all the.
Speaker 1: Nice, half witted white ladies who fell under the whole Robin DiAngelo, ebrame x KINDI white guilt, anti racism thing. Even even the slightest scrutiny exposed it for the scam it is. But anyway, a lot of well meeting people fell for it, and this reminds me of it. Hey, Katie, can you hip us to that California proposed law we were talking about earlier?
Speaker 2: I absolutely can.
Speaker 5: This is from Assemblyman Rick Berry is a Democrat out of Los Angeles, and he's facing backlash over the new bill AB thirteen thirty three, which would limit when people in California can claim self defense in homicide cases. The bill is removing justifications for using deadly force, including defending your home or your.
Speaker 1: Property right right, and I've looked in some of the particulars of it. According to the bill, homicide would not be justified when the person was outside the residence in the victim, the actual victim knew that using force was likely to cause death or great bodily injury, and it could have been avoided with complete safety by retreating. So if you just flee from your house and run out the back door and let the other person blast their way in, then you're okay. But if you defend yourself and your family and your home, you're not. You're a murderer.
Speaker 4: Well, we all learned a lot about this in the Tradeon Martin case, which was in Florida wherever they had their particular stand your ground rules. But we're trying to goes, I guess in California, goes far the out of the direction as you possibly can. It's the opposite of stand your ground. It's they get your ground if they want it. You need to run away if at all possible, and let them have that ground so they don't get hurt.
Speaker 1: And then I face it b of this or number two Assemblyman Rick's Burr of Los Angeles, the jackwagon who proposed this.
Speaker 2: This has made me.
Speaker 1: This has pissed me off since I was a teenager, because I saw cases like this unfold. Aspect two of this homicide would not be justified when the person used more force and was reasonably necessary to defend against the danger.
Speaker 2: And that is where you get.
Speaker 1: And I think it's very important you serve on jury's I'm not denigrating jury duty. I don't try to avoid it. I seek it out because it's so interesting and important. Anyway, many juries have half wit jackasses on them who couldn't reason their way out of a paper bag. Okay, And you have that sort of person sitting there in the air conditioned comfort of a courtroom, stroking their chin and deciding did the person use more force than was reasonably necessary?
Speaker 2: I think they did.
Speaker 1: When you're terrified for your life or that of your family, and all of a sudden you got a bunch of people sitting in a seventy four degree courtroom deciding, now you overreacted.
Speaker 2: I despise that, I really do. So what drives this?
Speaker 4: Why somebody breaks into my home? What makes you want to write a bill that really protects the person that breaks into my home as opposed to me.
Speaker 1: I think there are a couple of things at work. Number One, especially on the left, there's just an overarching theme of you must meekly submit to the authorities. Whether it's in the doctor's office, which is, to my mind, a pretty legit thing, asking about abuse, it's intrusive, but you've got to submit to that authority. You've got to submit to the authority of the school teacher who says, no, I'm not telling you about your child's emotional health.
Speaker 2: That's up to me. You're supposed to meekly submit to that.
Speaker 1: And this is the whole don't take matters into your own hands, don't defend yourself.
Speaker 2: Let the authorities take care of it.
Speaker 1: It's just it's a collectivist attitude that you do not have free will, you do not have self governance.
Speaker 2: We will govern you for you.
Speaker 1: And the other part of it is, and this has struck me through the years, there is a certain sort of person that knows, oh, they do not have it in them to defend themselves. They refuse to have a gun, and some people don't want to gun in their home. For fairly reasonable reasons. But they know they are not capable of unleashing deadly force, even when it was one hundred percent justified. And I think it bothers them profoundly when other people do it. They think they would prefer the world be nobody can ever do this, because then they can't feel the shame regret that they're not a person who could ever do that interesting little psychoanalysis.
Speaker 2: Therefore you no extra charge.
Speaker 1: And then I've just talked to some people who have that attitude and it struck me that, oh, I get it.
Speaker 2: You can't, and so you think no one should.
Speaker 4: And then the full Marxists believe the only time anybody would break into your home because they've been screwed by capitalism and they have no choice. So they're the victim, even if they're breaking into your home.
Speaker 1: Right as the Black Lives matter, Folks who are Marxists and they're willing and obedient pets in the mainstream media repeated they're looting it back. It's looting and rioting is the voice of the unheard.
Speaker 2: But so this is just the legislation that's been introduced.
Speaker 4: I always assume that these things will never go anywhere, but I'm often disappointed when they do it somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's correct, it's not been passed yet.
Speaker 2: Boy, that's so nuts. That's so nuts to like most of the country. So.
Speaker 1: Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco says, Sacrament of Democrats has spent the last fifteen years tying the hands of law enforcement and coddling criminals, using and abusing ordinary Californians in their attempt to make criminals the real victims. Now they're actively trying to tie the hands of our residents who have had to defend themselves against re released career criminals far too often. Blah blah blah. Assemblyman Tom Lackey's Republican and PAL says this bill is a complete assault on self defense. Imagine this, a violent criminal breaks into your home and you have to second guess whether defending your family is quote justifiable. The misguided energy behind this proposal is just beyond comprehension.
Speaker 4: Well, I wouldn't second guess that at that moment, but dealing with the repercussions after that horrifying situation would certainly suck. Having just looked through the scariest thing of your life and then maybe you're in jail or something. Well, Jack, as you know, my hallmark is fairness. So let me raid you the counter from somebody who's in favor of this, Notably, gun control groups put out press release releases to combat the growing public outrage over this. This is Moniesia Henley, Senior vice president for government affairs at every Town for Gun Safety. She said the legislation bills on California's gun safety legacy and lays the blueprint for the rest of the nation. White supremacist and other extremists have hidden behind self defense laws to fire a gun and turn any conflict into a death sentence.
Speaker 2: Wow, what's white supremacists? Wow? Wow? So that's what it is.
Speaker 4: We are a white supremacist just looking for an opportunity, not defending my house when if somebody breaks in.
Speaker 1: Monicia Henley, if you're listening, First of all, thanks for listening to the Armstrong and Getty Show. Secondly, I will devote my every breath to defeating you and people like you until the last one is coughed out of my poor lungs.
Speaker 2: I hate you. You want hate speech, I hate you. There it is you whack job. Okay, we will finish strong, next.
Speaker 3: Strong, come down to the ten thousand episodes of The Price Is Right.
Speaker 2: We're giving away a lot of money today, tidy thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: In nineteen seventy two, I watched it in college, and Prices Right just stood out because it was people going bananas, and it's a really good cross section.
Speaker 5: With a miracle time. You've had over seventy five thousand people hauled on down who's the other way?
Speaker 4: Over three hundred millions in cash and prizes, and it's been one of the.
Speaker 2: Best experiences in my professional liage. No matter how my day is, as soon as I get the Price Right walks to the door, it all goes away. I want a show. Wow, Drew Carrey.
Speaker 4: If ten thousand episodes of The Price Is Right, Drew Carrey sounds like he actually enjoys doing that, which I assumed he hates it and has to drink his way through it every single day. But least he's pretending he really really enjoyed it. The thrill of watching people try to guess the price of things.
Speaker 1: Maybe the work environment is pretty pleasant and people are.
Speaker 2: A heck, it's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think I could fake it up. I hear you though, I oh man, especially at the point that you have a lot of money already.
Speaker 4: I was sick of fair amount as a kid during a certain period of time, and I'd be home and I watched a lot of Prices right, and lots of lot of Let's make a deal. That's how long those shows have been on since I was a little kid. But they were barely amusing and only something you'd watch if there was literally nothing else to do then, And there are way more things to do now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that feeling of this is just barely above the Mendoza line of watch, don't watch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's barely above the line of just stare at the wall, and it's amazing that they continue.
Speaker 2: Who are you that watch these?
Speaker 3: Jeez?
Speaker 2: Can I buy some of your time? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like the innumerable Judge shows and you know Drew barrymore talking to minor celebrities shows.
Speaker 4: How do I feel like those are just a much higher level of possible.
Speaker 2: Entertainment and learning something than this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of them. I do love a good Judge show. They just pay them too slowly, I mean, give me the verdict anyway. This is this is, this is maybe depressing, but it's true.
Speaker 2: We've talked about this before.
Speaker 1: For many years, the highest paid person in entertainment was Judy Sheinlan. Judge Judy, those dopey shows for folks who don't work, can't work, are retired, are on the dole government disability.
Speaker 2: That what you're gonna where the money is? Is that what you're gonna do with the retirement.
Speaker 4: You work your whole life so you can retire, and you're gonna watch daytime television.
Speaker 2: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: I hate to judge anybody who's not doing any harm.
Speaker 2: I don't mind. Go ahead, I'll tag you in, judge, I'll judge it. You're wasting your life. Can I buy some of your hours? Michael? How much time do we have before final thoughts and everything? Thirty seconds?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna squeeze this in getting back to the hole, it's white supremacists and other extremist hiding behind self defense laws.
Speaker 2: Two things to Monesia Henley.
Speaker 1: Who I would guess given what she said, is a black woman.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's just a woke white person, but anyway, James Lindsay brilliantly summed up critical race theory and what it's trying to do.
Speaker 2: Once by saying it's a tool.
Speaker 1: You call something racist until you're in charge of it, and.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what she's doing.
Speaker 1: You call self defense racist until you've changed the law.
Speaker 2: The idea that.
Speaker 1: Violence disproportionately is angry white people hurting innocent black people, well, to say that's not born out by the statistics is soft pedaling it by about a thousand times.
Speaker 2: There's a hole in the show. You know it's time to go. It's time for final thoughts. On your feet, there you go. Here's your host for final thoughts. Joe Getty. Damn activists, they're everywhere.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew.
Speaker 2: Michaelangelo lead us off. I got admit I watched a lot of game shows as a kid. Me and my grandma we watch the game shows together. Now she was retired, and one of our favorites was The Price Is Right. So yeah, that was a good childhood memory.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go, and Jack belittled you only moments ago, shocking Katie Greener, esteemed newswoman, has a final thought, Katie, I.
Speaker 5: Have a new Katie's corner up at Armstrong getty dot com that has the Jeff Bezos letter to the Washington Post people and a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 2: And no, Jack, I will not spell Katie a K and a tea, so I don't even try. But corners with a K, right it is? I caved? Was cute? I love that Jack.
Speaker 4: The final fitting in with our theme. Recently, a friend of mine just sent me this. Toronto police are being criticized for suggesting people leave their keys inside the front door of their home because that's mostly what burglars are looking for when they break in, and to avoid a violent confrontation, leave your keys where they're easy to get, like your car keys.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what the Toronto police are suggesting.
Speaker 1: Canada is so far down the road to Crazyville, just like Great Britain.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: My final thought, I'm going to quote another authority of Tom McClintock, who in a conversation years and years ago said, Hey, even if the mainstream in the country is going away from what you know is right, just keep preaching it because they'll.
Speaker 2: Be back eventually.
Speaker 1: I'm reminded of that with the immigration stuff. Now, even you have people on the left saying, yeah, calling people racists for wanting order the immigration that was terrible.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour work to, in other words, keep fighting the good fight.
Speaker 2: So many people. Thanks a little time.
Speaker 1: Go to Armstrong and Getty dot com. The hot links, Oh, the hot links so entertaining.
Speaker 4: Hoping to be over my bird flu slash monkey pox by tomorrow see it then, God bless America.
Speaker 2: I'm Strong and Getty do not deserve their paychecks. It's true you could peel on my leg, but don't tell me it's rained. What the hell are you talking about? Doesn't that sound crazy? Even in Washington? That math don't work. I'm not saying it's okay, don't put word so there's a few kings in that slinking.
Speaker 4: You have depressed me to the depths of standing on a ledge.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm here. I'm gonna put my head in the oven during the commercial break. You have an electric oven, it'll just get your head hot. Or I'm Strong and Getty