Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Nathan Hager introducing you to the new Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg. The show brings you short episodes five minutes or less, covering the stocks making gains and losses in today's trading. Subscribe to Stock Movers on Apple, Spotify, or anywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Here's the sample of the latest episode from our team at Bloomberg.
Speaker 3: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News. The Stock Movers podcast your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 4: Right now, we need to take a look at some stocks on the move today.
Speaker 2: We're joined by Bloomberg's Lisa Matteo.
Speaker 5: Lisa, I want to start with Tesla, leading the mag seven stocks. Lower shares have been down more than five percent this morning. It's first quarter deliveries expected to release Wednesday. But it really it snapped this nine week losing streak last week. And you had Elon Musk. He was at a town hall event in Wisconsin over the weekend and he said that his doll it's costing him a lot his words. Kessela shares rose to record high in the month after Trump was elected. But here's the thing. They've dropped forty five percent since their December seventeenth week. And then you go to Mus's own personal wealth itself declined by more than one hundred billion this year.
Speaker 4: I mean basically, paul A hold is a cell right on the A and rs on the terminal. I got thirty three buys and twenty seven holds or cells.
Speaker 2: So it's a huge debate, which.
Speaker 3: To me just raises the question, why don't we have sixty sixty zero analysts covering the one stock ranted?
Speaker 2: It's Tesla with some.
Speaker 4: People are BNP Perry bout under perform mat just we see reduce Hedgi risk.
Speaker 2: Good morning to everybody over at Hedgi Wells Fargo.
Speaker 1: Howbn Elon's right, I mean they redded it over the weekend. It's you know, his dose activities A.
Speaker 4: S Morgan Stanley. He always gets love. He's got a price target. ELSA could make money at this up four ten the next mover.
Speaker 5: Please, these are stick with me here because these are investors exposed to the AI trades. So, for example, Palenteers shares have been down as much as seven percent before the bell. One of the reasons that I found the Pentagon actually canceled a two hundred and eighty million dollars over budget HR project project involving Oracle. Now, the reason why that matters to Palenteers because Talenteer relies on these government contracts, including those with the Department of Defense, and they Department of Defense recently announced an additional five hundred and eighty million in budget reductions. And then you of course also had Goldman Sax analysts maintain a neutral rating, but they talked about concerns about the potential future competition from companies developing in house AI. So then we hit Palenteer and we go to Nvidia. They have been down about eighteen percent on the year coming into Monday, coming into today, disappointing IPO from the companies that it's backing Core. We've remember we talked about that last week. Yeah, well that it came out, it began trading Friday, shares fell below it's offering price of forty dollars. So that's why those though that they got that print, they got that stop the clothes at forty at Friday.
Speaker 3: Right at the clothes, you.
Speaker 1: Know that the desk was working for the underwriters to get closed.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see the close down.
Speaker 1: Make sure you find something, push to stock up the forty at the close. And they did, and they see what trace today I.
Speaker 5: Would say, yeah. And finally, we've been talking a lot about gold, right, and that's that's hitting a record Newmont Corporation. They're the leading global gold and copper company. They're known for its extentsive portfolio mining assets. Since we've been talking about gold, we're reaching that fresh record high, rising above thirty one hundred dollars. So you see this lot, I mean investors making these defensive plays over policy and curtning op out the US tariff. So they're going to this safe haven. And that's why you have Numont Corporation. Their shares have been up probably about one percent this.
Speaker 2: Morning, twelve months, thirty seven percent. How many companies could.
Speaker 1: Say that, yeah, yeah, exactly this in this year after twenty three and twenty four. Great performance.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Denver, twenty two thousand people, Newmont Mining, yep, I mean right, the Gordos fourth one leases.
Speaker 5: Of audible hears here's the audible yet MODERNA Moderna's been down whosh gosh, about thirteen percent in trading before the bell opens the reason why. Here's here's something industry, the resignation of Peter Marx. He's a top regular regulator at the US Food and Drug Administration. He has been overseeing approvals of vaccine and other biological drugs. So he resigned, and now you have those Maderna shares plunging.
Speaker 3: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.