Speaker 1: What's up every guys.
Speaker 2: Before we start this episode, we have a really exciting thing coming up on our Patreon. I recently lost a bet and had to write a musical in an entire day, and that musical happened to have to be about Lemon to Lemon, the guy who introduced Vanilla to Hollywood, a Jeremy character from the two hundred person panel.
Speaker 1: And now we're gonna read it live. We got Miles bon signor, Paul F. Tompkins and way too many other people helping us out do the live reading on August twenty third, Sunday at three pm Pacific time.
Speaker 3: It is a live stream event, so get your tickets on the Patreon ten dollars tier.
Speaker 4: Head to the Patreon. It's gonna be so much fun. We hope to see you guys there.
Speaker 5: We don't know what it's gonna be.
Speaker 6: We're so excited.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 3: Enjoying the episode, Welcome back to Artists on Artists on Artists on Artists. This week on the show, we have some fun artists artists that work alone.
Speaker 5: It's one people shows.
Speaker 1: Solo shows are a specific art form where one person puts on an entire play by themselves. One man shows, one woman shows, one people shows. They're specific to the artist and reveal a lot about them.
Speaker 3: Whether it's talking about your traumatic life backstory or doing a musical all by yourself. These musicals and plays are tour deforces.
Speaker 1: So sit back, relax, and get ready for no intermission. Let's listen in. Wow, unbelievable. I'm so excited to be with you guys.
Speaker 4: This is literally so cool.
Speaker 1: This is so cool.
Speaker 4: I can feel the artist's energy and the house tonight.
Speaker 6: Syah, yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: This is well.
Speaker 4: Also, can I just say, like, right off the bat, like working on a solo show can be so isolating, right, it can be the most isolating experience and unless you have a director like bounce things off of like, it's just you and the work all day long. And so to see other people who are going through this city.
Speaker 1: It's so good. I love books. I always say I always say, who's my biggest biggest critic? My journal? There, I'm like, who's my second biggest critic?
Speaker 5: All my tech cues, Yes, it's.
Speaker 4: My biggest critic.
Speaker 1: My cue lab file huge.
Speaker 6: I think my biggest critic is probably Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whoa Christ critic?
Speaker 6: Christ? Is your critic.
Speaker 2: He doesn't.
Speaker 4: He's not with you.
Speaker 6: Oh he is with me, is with me all the time. And as someone who you know, sort of going into this journey and sort of making my own show, sort of telling me story and sort of being a vulnerable in that way, it's it's really crazy to sort of have this experience and to think to yourself as you're on stage and you're thinking, Wow, that's my purpose. Literally chills, I know, And that's God.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I feel like a theater magic work for me personally.
Speaker 4: I think I think the work is like living for sure.
Speaker 1: It's work for sure.
Speaker 7: The audience too.
Speaker 4: Theater aspect of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, and I just want to say thank you, Like we were joking around for you to bring us to a like for me, for you to bring me to a place that reminded me of the importance of what we are doing as individuals. Really reminded me the importance of what we're doing. Ye, the beauty and the art and the I mean Dionysus, you know, to pay homage to the Greek god himself.
Speaker 5: The god of theater and tradition.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, but thank you and wine and why did you have more to say all.
Speaker 1: That I did, but it's all right. I just wanted to.
Speaker 6: Piggyback off that for a second. You know, you sort of mentioned dan Isis and although we do kind of in terms of theater and sort of like the old world and sort of like you know, you think about like the old like Roman Greek choruses and stuff like that, but at the same time, I do I do kind of want to steer away from talking about like other deities totally because I do think just if I could just I just wanted to say that, like, in terms of telling a story and being on stage by yourself and being one directed with source, that is sort of the main energy at play. That is sort of like the drop in story, right, And if you're in the drop in story, then you're in the drop in phase.
Speaker 2: If I could just say too, like, and I totally respect your faith, but to be honest, I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's not about faith.
Speaker 1: It's about source, Okay, So I respect your source.
Speaker 7: But for relationship, so I respect your relationship.
Speaker 2: There's just a lot of them, So I think I want to leave open room space for that, if I.
Speaker 6: Can ask you for a second, because I'm the kind of person I'm just so like just so like curious about people.
Speaker 5: That's so, yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a curious little kitten.
Speaker 6: I can ask, I know, but I'm speaking if I could ask, what is your show about?
Speaker 1: So my show is about your show? Like I've heard about all your shows. I haven't been able to see any of them. I'm really excited to, like, so you go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, great, Yeah, So my show is called My Messy Exes and it's my relationship with every religion. Right, I've tried every religion in my life, and I basically come out as every single god you've ever heard, and I perform as some sort of messy X like you're on tender Like I'm an ex calling you back like on a bad date.
Speaker 7: So I do Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ is messy and sloppy and is really guilty and toxic.
Speaker 1: Right, And then I come out as Vishnu.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: And then I come out as Muhammad, and then I come out as you know, you come out.
Speaker 1: As you do because for me, I've tried them all. Okay, I'd come out as every single type and you.
Speaker 4: And how long were you practicing Islam?
Speaker 7: For about six months in college.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you can, and so you would know that the biggest gravest you can do is babe.
Speaker 4: Genuinely, like maybe one of the most disrespectful things you can of course.
Speaker 2: And guess what, but I go there right like just sweet Charlie, you know what I mean, Like I'm like, Charlie, hebdo Oh.
Speaker 1: God, oh god.
Speaker 8: Okay, So one thing I do like about you, Okay, I'm interesting and I push the boundaries like that's for me solo shows, I push the boundaries and you walk in and there I am, and I'm breastfeeding, like literally breastfeeding and frank like that's what I'm using.
Speaker 4: Well, it's okay because I'll be real. We were all the other night where we did Jolly Fringe Sampler, which is a show where you do ten minutes of each show and it's sort of like an advertisement to get people out to see your show. And picking ten minutes out of one hour was so hard, but you your ten minutes was so interesting because it like it you got all of these texts to come up from all the gods and they were texting you like it was really hooty calls and it was like really funny.
Speaker 2: The different gods trying to booty call me and try to get me to have sex with them aka part of their religion, because religion to me is a sex cult.
Speaker 7: Anyways, my name is.
Speaker 2: A Chauncey feather Butt, and I'm so excited to be here, and I love pushing the boundaries like South Park has gone limp and it's time for me to step in.
Speaker 5: That's I've never heard anybody say something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to be edgier and I want to go pushing it and I'm loving doing it. I want to apologize. I think you've gone behind me. I want to polize for going forty minutes long.
Speaker 1: It's all right, I'm totally all right. It's okay, it's all right. Speak. I guess I'll go.
Speaker 6: I thought we were okay.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no you go.
Speaker 6: No, no, you.
Speaker 7: Have a discuestion because I've really wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 1: I think you should go.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no, no no no seriously seriously you go no seriously no.
Speaker 4: No no you Yeah, I don't have to tagle.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 6: I can't go honestly, I can go last, you can go next. I can go last. It is not a big My name is.
Speaker 4: Daisy Man and I am the author, creator, director, lighting designer, marketing designer, social media coordinator, choreographer, musician and director.
Speaker 1: Of the solo show To.
Speaker 4: Hell and Back. And this is about It's about my journey.
Speaker 5: Don't cry, I'll cry stop. I'm gonna get through this.
Speaker 4: I've done eighteen shows already. I have to be able to get through.
Speaker 5: This without crying.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When I was twelve years old, I was fully set at school in Beverly Hills. I had friends, I had everything I could ever wanted. And then my family moved me to San Diego. Fuck, and my entire world was flipped upside down overnight.
Speaker 5: All of a sudden.
Speaker 4: My peers were not child stars, working actors, photographers, models, artists. They were surfers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's so hard, and in San Diego is fucking awful it thank you for saying that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it is hell. And so it's a mix of storytelling, a little bit of song. It's also a little bit of I pay homage to the odyssey as well, because moving to San Diego was sort of my odyssey and uh, so far, Yeah, it's so far, and so it really was this this sort of like hellish journey that I am really excited to tell on stage. And I'm just can't believe that I get the opportunity to do so, can.
Speaker 3: I say, like you taking the hellish journey back and reliving it every night on stage?
Speaker 5: I can't imagine the.
Speaker 3: Cathartic energy you're having this summer, like the cathartic transformation you're having.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's been a lot of healing, right, yeah, And I know that, like I know, I know, I know solo show is not therapy. A solo show is not therapy.
Speaker 6: That's like it is, right, Yeah, I'm sorry. Can I hug you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I'd actually love that.
Speaker 6: I just sort of feel like like it's tuned. Like I'm just I don't want to like give you just like a little bit of love, no, honestly, because and I wanted to thank you, like thank you for sharing that story and thank you for being but because a lot of receptives are not vulnerable like that, but you are, and so I do appreciate you being.
Speaker 4: I just like I just like so much coming from you, of.
Speaker 6: Course, and I just want to share I'm like, I love you like just sort of an a jentle.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, can I say that I love you?
Speaker 1: My god.
Speaker 6: I feel like we would love to do like goat yoga together.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, yoga.
Speaker 1: Actually I've got.
Speaker 4: Dog yoga yoga.
Speaker 6: I'll do whatever you want to do.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: I'd love to hang out and get coffee or something. Say, of course, are we done, guys, We're done.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to say.
Speaker 6: That, what were you guys texting each other?
Speaker 1: Nothing? No, we were texting, you were I wasn't texting. I I'm not on anybody's text threats. So what it's all right? I'm kind of is the text the text third killer? I've post a meme or something like that, and for some reason it just goes silent.
Speaker 5: I think somebody only said that like once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, maybe, well I guess I'll go. My name is Spencer Ruffian and my show is called own Nuts. It's kind of a crazy show about the exploration of like nuts, and I use nuts on stage kind of like show and ultimately really it's like this funny like clown show about like nuts. But really what it's about is like, am I straight?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: Because you read about clown classes, right?
Speaker 1: I read about clown classes. That sounds so fun, but I couldn't afford it because headshots and like acting classes and comercial classes and so I couldn't afford it. So I was like, I will take it by doing. I will do my own show to take a clown class, because like that's la, that's like the grind set. That's you need to like.
Speaker 3: When you want to learn a language and you have to go to like a nut their country and just like fall into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like my show is like ultimately like am I straight? Because it's like a question I've had for a long time and the good the good or bad news? Is I am straight?
Speaker 4: Like yeah, oh my god, you spoiled the egg.
Speaker 1: Well, like it's like the spoiler helps.
Speaker 4: You can say, can I give you a compliment? Your stage is so messy after thank you? Do you shower on the floor?
Speaker 1: It is covered in any imagine nutshells covered in loop.
Speaker 5: And that's like your skin, like you are cad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of like an ugly little gremlin creature covered in like puss and stuff like that that discovers a nut and it just goes but zoinkers from there and the things you.
Speaker 7: Ask the audience to do I've never seen anyone ask no.
Speaker 1: The best thing about my shows is one, you're gonna see my penis. Two, I'm gonna make somebody in the audience so deeply uncomfortable they'll question their own sanity. And three at one point at the end of the show, you'll be moved like that's again.
Speaker 6: I really liked the opening scene when you kind of hatch out of that egg. Yes, I thought that.
Speaker 1: Was really beautiful because like for me, that was like my that was the question, this looming question, hatching out of the egg? Am I straight?
Speaker 3: Can I ask what the like what the significance of making the audience member the nut chugger?
Speaker 1: Like, I just think that's funny, Like like it just.
Speaker 3: Feels weird to give one audience member like all this bucket of nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to chug there the chug nut chugger, And it's like hard because it's like big hazel nuts, Like they can't chug a hazel nut.
Speaker 4: Have you ever had someone say no to being the nut chugging?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's awkward.
Speaker 7: Does that happen?
Speaker 1: It's so funny it happened once. I know you can't say no. What did you do Yeah, I said, I gave it to them anyway, and they loved it, I think. And then so everyone else has been chugging nuts. Everybody else's kind of then sat there going like what do I do?
Speaker 6: And I what if someone's allergic to nuts?
Speaker 1: Chugging a nuts? What chugged? Oh?
Speaker 5: This is you playing like the closet version of yes do I like?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: When you switch back and forth between the closet version and the outside version.
Speaker 1: Like literally it's like like, oh, yeah, I guess I'm just like, uh yeah, I'll see you later. Richard. He's that my best friend. I like his nuts. There. I was wondering what was going to happen for the rest of my life the way Yeah, I saw that. That was crazy.
Speaker 6: Sorry, sorry, No you can you can go if you want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you want to go? No?
Speaker 6: No, no, no you can go.
Speaker 2: I can go.
Speaker 6: No no, no, I can go last. It's okay, No you should go. No no, no, I can go last. But you weren't done, and I don't want to step on your time.
Speaker 1: I was so I was done yesterday, Queen can I can.
Speaker 6: Everyone's getting I just sort of feel so like moved by your story nice and I just I mean, it must be really really hard to like question your sexuality like that, you know what I mean, like really really hard.
Speaker 1: I felt like the process was super vulnerable, and.
Speaker 6: Like it's just beautiful, like real really vulnerable.
Speaker 7: It's amazing you found at the end you're not.
Speaker 6: Gay, Yeah, to sort of come right back around like yeah, like.
Speaker 1: Sometimes like when you ask a question, you already know the answer. But I had to do all that soul searching because I feel like for my career had been like so much better if I was by.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well queer is really like in right now really so.
Speaker 4: One person shows Yeah, it would make the whole process so much easier, really, you know, the whole solo show process so much easier.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: What I keep finding is that the appetite for watching people talk about.
Speaker 1: Being by is really huge huge.
Speaker 2: People are excited when it's brought up at any sort of show, and they love when they dive into it.
Speaker 1: Because it's Yeah.
Speaker 3: My favorite part though, is when you finally say that you are not gay, and if the nutshrug is finished with the bucket of nuts at the bottom of the nut bucket, it says not get.
Speaker 1: So you could get it spoiled earlier.
Speaker 6: You have to to get through all of the nuts to figure out, like where.
Speaker 1: It was my journey, Like I had to get through all of the nuts to realize I'm straight. That's amazing, Like, I thought that was so cool.
Speaker 6: It was really beautiful.
Speaker 1: That actually came to me in a dream. Well, like I would. I would I would like the idea that it came to me in a dream, If that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that, I would like, Like, I think that would be a cool idea that.
Speaker 3: The idea of it being in a dream, Well to be if I had a dream like this, that's a dream itself.
Speaker 6: Dream, that's a day dream. Thank you, that's a day dream. Gave me in a day dream, because every every thought is a dream within itself, and every thought is sort.
Speaker 1: Of a is a prayer to sorce I'm sorry, I'm taking up too much space right now. One of you have to introduce yourself.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, you got this. I'm sorry, I'm just like kind of nervous. It's okay if I go right, yes, yes, this is your Okay. My name is Sydney Keivler and mothhemer and uh and my one woman show my One Girl Show, One Lady show, I guess I should say, is called Bully question Mark, and it's about the fact that a lot of people that I went to school with do claim that I was a very violent bully to them. I don't necessarily remember it that way. If if you were to push me up against a wall, and that sort of be my answer, And so it's sort of it's sort of an exploration of lost memory and sort of an exploration of grief.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just touching me and of finding you know, those that those that think you bully are sometimes just bullying themselves and it has nothing to do with you.
Speaker 1: Literally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will play just so just because I you know, play the devil in my show, because I was saying this for a bit, I want to play Devil's advocate a little bit here.
Speaker 6: Of course, this is interesting.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, do it as your Devil's Advocate character.
Speaker 7: Devil's advocate, I'm thet is.
Speaker 1: The devil gay, the Devil's gay in mind his advocate is also gay.
Speaker 5: The advocate is also did you use Alexander technique for that?
Speaker 6: I did, Yeah, I could tell you, you know I did as well.
Speaker 1: Amazing, So I just want.
Speaker 6: There's also a singing aspect as well, and then at the end I do an interpretive ribbon dance about the first time I got my period.
Speaker 2: Right, So just real quickly, thank you for Devil's Advocate, Right, Like you say, like you you portray the people who are accusing you of bullying you, but you portray them in a way that if I was that person, I think I might perceive it as bullying.
Speaker 6: Well, so I portrayed the people that have come forward in the last ten years or so that have come forward and have said that I was a bully. I portrayed them as dirty little.
Speaker 1: Rats, right, So like maybe, like you, when you read the deposition, can you do that?
Speaker 6: So the first rats, so I'm in sort of like this New York alleyway when I was in theater school, and so it's called Rat number one for those of you that have seen it's it's the rat number one piece. And so when Rat number one comes on and they're like, yeah, I can't let.
Speaker 1: Me die.
Speaker 6: Day, and so that sort of signals that, you know, you go to school, maybe maybe you think someone's being a bully to you just because they're blond, and just because their dad is a dentist, and I was blonde and my my dad was My.
Speaker 5: Dad was a dentist. My dad was for real the show I saw your show. I had no idea that's true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, my my dad is a dentist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my dad is.
Speaker 6: My dad really crazy?
Speaker 4: What a small world? I just mean, likest.
Speaker 5: No, I just can't believe it.
Speaker 4: I just can't believe it.
Speaker 6: You've been to the dentist.
Speaker 1: I've been to the dentist. That's insane that your dad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so all like whatever dentists Like, you've been to the dentists.
Speaker 5: You know what they do, Like my dad does that.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like I literally you kind of.
Speaker 4: Like forget that, like all the drilling and all that stuff, like someone's dad does that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and it's crazy. You wrote truth.
Speaker 6: I did reade truth, and so you know then that sort of brings me back to you know, my relationship like God and my relationship and faith of faith and sours. I call it sours because I do want to be non denominational. I don't want to be I don't want to be disrespectful towards anybody because I'm not. I'm actually a very kind hearted person. I actually have not been mean to anybody, and I think you prove it.
Speaker 4: In your show by reading the Bible for ten street men.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Yes, that's the Bible piece. Yeah, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: I guess like you were like the Spada sat and you are so ungodly and then boom cut one light.
Speaker 6: Yeah you read and yeah, it actually turns out they were wrong.
Speaker 1: They were an interesting that that would be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I haven't, I haven't. I haven't seen your show.
Speaker 1: You have to see it. Yeah, you have to come to my show.
Speaker 6: I would love to have to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great. I'm getting you a ticket.
Speaker 9: I saw it.
Speaker 3: I saw a preview preview of it at I p A and plays for days for days, so bad. It's just like a fun day activity that's really nice.
Speaker 5: And you can see other.
Speaker 1: People's work and go ahead introduce yours. So did you?
Speaker 6: I was gonna? Does anyone have any questions or.
Speaker 5: I don't even know about the wedgie costume?
Speaker 6: No, honestly, you go, are you sure?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: No? No you go, but it's okay, No, no you go, Like honestly, I don't want to like know you go? No, seriously and.
Speaker 1: Reached out.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was wondering about the voices, if it's like impressions of actual people, or if it's in the.
Speaker 7: Video you show of you actually pushing a woman into a dumpster.
Speaker 5: But it looks reversed, looks like.
Speaker 1: You're pulling her out.
Speaker 7: It looks like but then a bird flies backwards, so you can tell.
Speaker 5: It's rewind, so you can tell that you're kind of taking the foot something that.
Speaker 9: You did.
Speaker 7: The dumpster.
Speaker 6: No, I did pull her out.
Speaker 5: But what what do you have to say to the claims that it's that it's in reverse?
Speaker 6: That's not true.
Speaker 5: So why is that bird going the going back? Bol sports are not real? You one of those?
Speaker 1: So that's it's a.
Speaker 6: Well, it's not ai. AI is really bad for the environment. Actually nice, Honestly, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't want to. Honestly, it's it's so nice being here and I don't want to take it too much time, And I really didn't want to step on your toes. It's okay, you've been waiting so long. Can I can I just take a second? Can I just give you a hug really quickly?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: Can I just like before? We I just kind of feel I'm pulled to you.
Speaker 10: Can I give Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, I am like, I am like yeah, wow, wow, thank you so much for that.
Speaker 5: Of course, what did you see your name on?
Speaker 6: Was again Sydney, Sydney Key Blair Mothamer.
Speaker 5: Piece of Sydney's in my heart? Hi God, where do I start? My name is Quinn.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm gonna go ahead. That's okay. So what this is all exposed with? Like I always say a solo show is more like an exposed wound than a bruce. I can always say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have, I'm called me and my producers were calling it the goth girl show, Like instead of a one girl, a one woman show, it's a one goth girl show, one girl just a little because like I don't know if anyone listens at home, but fringes kind of like there's a lot of marketing behind it, and there's like what makes yours different? Right, Like there's so many different shows. Yeah, and my show's pretty simple. It's a car play. So you get in the car with me and I'm just a woman going a girl, a girl going through it in her car and you get to sit in the back and just drive with me for forty five minutes and you get to really see what girls are going through when they're alone.
Speaker 1: And this show, like it really I couldn't imagine.
Speaker 4: It's just so unbelievable because you know that, like you know, but when you get in the car, like you're driving to TJ Max. Yeah, and like we see in the visuals like TJ Max getting closer and closer and closer and closer, and it just like brings me to tears that like I didn't want to get to TJ Max because I was enjoying the ride so much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you guys. And it's hard.
Speaker 3: I've always wanted to do like a car play and really, like I think what what inspires me right now is naturalism.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 3: When I see a real faucet on stage, I'm like, that's what our forefathers wanted theater to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, so you're like you're in your real car.
Speaker 5: I in my real car.
Speaker 2: I mean that's what's amazing about it, like new stage, right, Like I'd love to do my show in.
Speaker 5: Your car, Like yeah, yeah, I mean it's asking the question. Like everything's stage is asking the question.
Speaker 7: Everything's a stage.
Speaker 5: It's asking the question. This is a stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is a stage and sometimes the most private parts of our lives in the car, in the bathroom, it's asking the question.
Speaker 5: That's a stake.
Speaker 7: It is brave that you you let the audience. I think, what's crazy about this?
Speaker 2: And I want to know how you even handle this that you do this, You let them control the ox cord because I saw I saw that on the Instagram that you were saying, Hey, I don't know who sent this to some teen group, but a lot of kids are getting in here and playing fart noises in my whole show, Like please stop, Like how do you stay in the zone crying driving around when like fart you know, forty five minutes of farting is happening.
Speaker 5: No, I want to talk to you guys about this.
Speaker 3: I think I'd love to talk about like I think I would I would love to just like dive into the fact that like doing a show in rap, doing a show that.
Speaker 5: Many times yeah, oh my gosh, like it depends on.
Speaker 3: Who's the nutchugger that day and who has the ox cord that day. My show is changing every time. I know, this is crazy when I say it, but I don't think I've ever done a show that was similar to the last one.
Speaker 4: That is related well, and like the audience really changes it, you know, like sometimes you have as few as just two people in your audience yea. And then sometimes you have as many as from like you have you can have as you could have, like more than you can have more than that ye in your audience as well.
Speaker 5: And can I say something, yeah, like way more like how many have you have?
Speaker 9: You felt like it was like, oh my gosh, Like I mean it could be as few as too or or more or way more yeah, way, way, way, way way, And like when when it's when it's like when it's like half when it's when it's when when there's like butts in seats, Like you feel the energy in the room.
Speaker 1: It's like butts in seats. It's like that's what it's actually all about. What's the biggest house you guys have had so far?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, when I sell out it's three seats like crazy, Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: I actually had it in the middle.
Speaker 6: I had a back to back sold out show. I think it was three hundred seats. The first thing.
Speaker 5: Really, that's great that's my dad invited.
Speaker 6: That's really cool.
Speaker 4: And you and you have like producer backing right, Well, my you have like a company. I like a company that's backing in my dad. You have like a producer, you have like a lot of money behind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I don't want to like, you know, sort of like let's talk about money. That's my My dad, who's a dentist, is also a producer. But what I was going to say is that, and I feel like a lot of people don't point this out, is that theater is alive.
Speaker 1: Yes, why haven't we been saying that?
Speaker 5: No, Like you are so right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is that group of kids that like the entire version of my play. Like we sold out one night, and when we sell out, we sold three tickets, right, And when we sold out, these kids just like kept yelling six seven to me throughout the whole play.
Speaker 5: And but the way it changed my mom.
Speaker 4: Law, Yeah, it's a lie.
Speaker 1: It's a lot. It's a lot.
Speaker 6: I had a heckler in my audience and it actually ended up being one of the girls that claims that I bullied her, Like she was just saying like really just mean stuff things that a bully would say. She was saying, you know, you broke my collarbone. And the truth of that is is that I didn't break her collarbone. The stairs railing broke her collarbone. I don't have the physical strength to break someone's didn't inform the work when she heckled.
Speaker 3: And it did.
Speaker 6: And so it was during Rat the Rat three piece, the top dancing Rat.
Speaker 2: Three piece, when you bring up those two other things on sticks that look like rats.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and by Rat three, I go, oh, they're all different rats, right, And I was doing that sort of when it sort of goes into the soliloquy about muffins. At soliloquy about out of the show sort of hard to drop in, but.
Speaker 5: I'm getting.
Speaker 2: Up and I saw her the need to have a soliloquy in the middle of one woman, because if you haven't been talking to.
Speaker 4: It's a soliloquy, you can tell it's a little different.
Speaker 1: It's a little different.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I mean it's a liloquy. Went on longer, of course, but it did rhyme yes, And so when I did that change, so she's screaming, you broke my collar bone, broke my collar bone. My family suit, your family and I just dropped in harder. I just I kind of I had this moment where I just I sort of became the rat. I became the rat who. Yeah, so that informed how I felt about her. Where she is Rat three in my story. That is sort of a behind the veil.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: She so she shows up, she's Rat three. I'm playing Rat three. So I really I become Rat three, which means I become her, which means that we are all connected, which means that everything that she said about me is not true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just in pain.
Speaker 4: She just doesn't know.
Speaker 1: That's the beauty of life.
Speaker 4: Just heard it.
Speaker 1: I think solo shows are so important because it shows that all of us that created a solo show are the victims. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because we're brave enough to tell our stories.
Speaker 3: The girl that did that really long Instagram dump and there are pictures of her with like a neck brisong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she had like the video of being pushed down the stairs.
Speaker 6: Rat number three.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because there's some girl that was like talking about a fringe show. Don't go see this fringe show? Is this the same girl? I don't have social media?
Speaker 4: Oh girl, that's really brave. Well, actually, this is a question I had for you guys, because obviously at Fringe there's thousands and thousands of shows, you know, big shows, small shows, Like there are shows happening in the back of pizza restaurants, There are show's happening in addicts, there are shows happening in a big theaters, small theater. Donut Aladdine, Donut Aladdin, don'nut alide some pretty good searches.
Speaker 5: Go se donut Aladdin and get the jelly donuts you.
Speaker 6: Have to go.
Speaker 4: But how are you guys approaching marketing because like, obviously we have the posters of our shows that line a wall where like you look at it and there's thousands of them, back to back to back to back to back, But like, how are you taking that extra step?
Speaker 5: Like did you guys hire pr well for me?
Speaker 2: Like, I just got to know my audience, right, Like when I'm looking out and I see somebody that walks in that isn't wearing a graphic tea.
Speaker 1: And go, I'm gonna have an issue with that guy, Like that's like literally an issue.
Speaker 2: But usually my guys are funny, like as long as the New Beverly isn't playing something interesting, that same night, they're gonna be there for me. Yeah, Like as long as you know, like you know, like Dole or whatever isn't playing or some ridiculous, you know, exploitation kind of film. You know, they're ready to go. But for other people, I want to let people know, like are pushing boundaries. So I go out, I dress as a nun and then I go out and I go out where we're all advertising and flying, and I lift up my my habit and I'm wearing a G string and my flyers are in the geople pull pull flyers from the G string and also the flyers they're covered in loop.
Speaker 5: So when you touch the flyer there, what does the represent like in religion?
Speaker 2: Like it represents like the slootiness of religion. Like it's like come to me, you know what I mean? Like am like like like yeah, like semen.
Speaker 4: Can I ask about your actual dating life?
Speaker 1: My actual dating life?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm happily married. Okay, okay, okay, I've been married to my lovely wife Charlotte for fourteen years.
Speaker 7: We met sophomores in high school.
Speaker 1: How many times she comes to every show?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: She comes to every single show and she a damn cut in the front round.
Speaker 6: I actually saw her on a corner. She has the Jack Skellington sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yes, yeah.
Speaker 7: And she's making charm bracelets.
Speaker 1: She's making bracelets for everything. Yeah she might have.
Speaker 2: She's been making bracelets for all of years. Actually, I she's come to everyone shows. She doesn't speak a lot, but she's so passionate. She's come to all your shows.
Speaker 4: She's coming.
Speaker 7: She made bracelets, and.
Speaker 4: She's got a little surfer. Oh my god, she she really was paying attention.
Speaker 6: These are actually kind of ugly.
Speaker 7: What do you say? Shut up?
Speaker 1: What are you saying?
Speaker 5: It says bully question mark, But Billy is spelled wrong, does she not.
Speaker 2: It's actually really expensive. It's actually really expensive to keep all letters on on like on deck.
Speaker 6: Yea yeah, but I'm just saying, if you're gonna make a bracelet like.
Speaker 7: You're going to give it back to my lovely wife Charlotte.
Speaker 6: That's not all right.
Speaker 5: But she's really passionate.
Speaker 1: She's really passionate.
Speaker 2: She's the kind of person who loves to be kind of near a conversation.
Speaker 1: Let her in. She won't say anything, but.
Speaker 7: She's a quite dish. She's got her big hoodie on her gigantic glasses.
Speaker 1: She loves to be favorite people to be in a group with and my absolute fear to be when the group clears in your stuff.
Speaker 6: She's malleable, and you're allowed to sort of be your big boy self and sort of like be big boy, big boy, and you're allowed to sort of be big in every way.
Speaker 7: We have our inside jokes, like we we watch, we watch.
Speaker 5: TV, Like, like, does she watched what are her shows?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Penny dreadful? She loves, she loves, she loves, she loves Supernatural. She's obsessed those boys, those are her celebrities.
Speaker 5: Watched my favorite show Wednesday?
Speaker 4: Has she she's obsessed with Charlotte was really running Tumblr a few years ago.
Speaker 6: She has she ever seen the show Firefly?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but she prefers the movie.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can I ask a question, like I never get this opportunity other than like almost every single night in my life when I do like the clown Jams, But like, how did you guys like contrive your place? Like how did they come to you? Like I'm just never surrounded by artists like.
Speaker 6: Mine actually came from a lawsuit?
Speaker 1: No way? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Who we thought that lawsuit in the in the rat ballet is real.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my family was being sued and it was really really hard, and I decided to make a one woman show about it.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: I think that's so important about all of our shows, is like the difference between the idea and just deciding to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like we actually are the bold ones, the the best in show, I will say, Like, we are the ones that, like people always like, how do you do it? How do you do it?
Speaker 6: You just you just do you Just if we were if we were drafted in war, Let's say we were like at the front lines of the Civil War, we would be all the heroes on the front lines.
Speaker 1: As we would be. Yeah, we decided to do it.
Speaker 4: It takes bravery, you know. And like all I'll answer for my show came to me as I was riding the Surfliner, which is the train that takes you from La to San Diego, and I was just like feeling all of these feelings just come rushing back, like all the like the pain and the pressure. You know, when you have heaviness on your chest, you can't let go of. That's what I was feeling the entire time. And I was like my breathing got shallow and I was flailing around this train, like going where am I? What's going on? What am I doing? And then the only way for the thing to come out of me was a sixty minute monologue one person style, so like and like, there's no other format for it sometimes, like I honestly, I've tried a bunch.
Speaker 11: Of things for this.
Speaker 4: I tried to do a pilot, like a like a multi caam pilot.
Speaker 6: We don't have enough to really work out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a workplace.
Speaker 1: About it. Yeah, I thought it was so genius, so smart.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Because I don't do it. I don't write it like a short. I just did a full feature like all the plot points of a future, but really fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 7: Thank you for reading my zine.
Speaker 8: I love.
Speaker 5: I have a soft spot for the zine. How do you make a money on a zine?
Speaker 1: They figure it out, There has to be a wait.
Speaker 4: Like maybe the big zine guys can like like host like a day where you can like buy up and coming zines because like, how on earth are we making money on those?
Speaker 3: I wish they put ads and zines like maybe that'll be like something.
Speaker 7: Well, let me ask you guys, like, go ahead, Well I had a question.
Speaker 6: I mean, you could turn it into a vertical.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I heard those are really hot right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, you anti vertical?
Speaker 6: I do not actually really really cool.
Speaker 4: I like, I think, what if we all I mean we're all this is a crazy question. Oh my god, I feel crazy.
Speaker 5: For yes, so be careful.
Speaker 4: So we're all solo artists, right, yeah, what if we made a vertical together?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: I lead with yes? And if something doesn't feel good, I say yes to it.
Speaker 4: What if all of our solo shows could be combined into one vertical?
Speaker 6: So I actually am doing my show in New York soon, A leader that did Wicked. Yeah, yeah, they're sort of they're taking a pause and they're letting me sort of do a drop in for about three weeks. Yeah, oh my god, because it's been up for so long and so I'm actually busy.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, no, that's I totally like, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 6: If I was available, I would a million times before I would. I would absolutely love to do that, but I am my show might actually be going Yeah.
Speaker 4: When when is it going to Broadway?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 6: Because I could like, well, it going to Broadway. We don't know yet, but it's it's doing a drop in sort of like proof of Contra.
Speaker 5: On Broadway are like really big right now and I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's between probably now, and I would say, like November twenty ninth, I.
Speaker 7: Mean vertical Vertical is Broadway. That's so exciting.
Speaker 2: The big thing is, you know, one man shows are the number one thing that's being turned into other things right now. Right the night we got we got Baby Reindeer, we got Flea bag Y, like like what North Stars, what's the goal for us?
Speaker 5: Like Big Bank Theory started as a one man show.
Speaker 4: Yes, the Pit I heard fairly odd Parents as well, one.
Speaker 1: Piece show.
Speaker 6: British, Yes, Breakoff Yeah the Mass Singer British because it was break dancing and baking at the same time.
Speaker 7: I loved all those breakdancing in a field in London.
Speaker 5: Yeah you know that All State guy. Yeah, he started as a one man yeah.
Speaker 4: Mayhem may the one person show.
Speaker 1: I actually wish I could have seen that.
Speaker 12: Actually dramatically feels that he has like I think, like, what's so cool is that like one man one person shows are are really blossoming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the fact that you're going to Broadway.
Speaker 3: Like I am a little nervous to say this how loud because they don't want to jinx it. But I think in the car next week, one of the one of the passengers knows the artistic director of someone at the pasading in a playhouse.
Speaker 1: They know someone a passenger who might know the artistication and so, and I got a question, how would you do it in the passing the play?
Speaker 5: We would just they have a quad in front of it. Yeah, we would just get a car and pull up.
Speaker 6: And so the people would wait inside of the theater and then like four at a time would go in to your car.
Speaker 5: And then, though that.
Speaker 3: Would be interesting, that's interesting, I'd say it loses its thing.
Speaker 6: What if you took the car on the stage and then just drove around the stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say if you did it in a theater, it would be a show.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I have much. I think what I love about it is it's the naturalism. There's a lot of stuff that.
Speaker 7: You have to be in the car for sure, but there is an argument that you're just an uber, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you would, I would you do drop them off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you take them to places that they request.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a part of the service that we were told we'd sell tickets if we did that.
Speaker 6: It's immersive, it's a mercy. It's a mercy your tickets.
Speaker 5: It depends on what.
Speaker 4: So Yeah, this is this is sounding like an uber.
Speaker 5: Oh I am just so great to be here with the best artists I know.
Speaker 1: Artist.
Speaker 4: Do you guys get nervous when reviewers come? Do you think about reviews?
Speaker 1: I could get a reviewer to show up to my show that would be amazed.
Speaker 5: Would you make them chug the nuts?
Speaker 1: I would make them the nut chugger. The media? What is happening that show? That has to be building into something?
Speaker 5: It has to be like going to affair or something like what.
Speaker 7: It has to be.
Speaker 1: People must be interested or what other dates are? So we're about to get out of the work in progress stage. I've done fifty working progresses.
Speaker 5: So far the Honeymoon.
Speaker 1: Honeymoon about to jump into the actual show and I do. I guess I'll announce it. I have an overall with HBO now to do seven different type of like kind of interesting shows with them.
Speaker 5: Interesting shows in shows.
Speaker 1: That's what they said on TV TV on TV Like.
Speaker 6: Since you say shows, so they just they just like your vibe.
Speaker 1: That's what the Deadline article said. Deadline, Yes, and signed for seven interesting shows at HBO.
Speaker 5: Seven interesting shows? Wow?
Speaker 6: Is there the concept?
Speaker 1: There's something about my performance that is so.
Speaker 4: Raw?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Execs can't put it in a box. So they need it, and they need seven of it, and then they need seven interesting shows of it. They don't know what to do with it, so they say, I'll give you money, money, money, money, money, what can you make?
Speaker 6: And the shows are all separate from each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seven interesting shows, different shows, so it would be like one sitcom when one's so okay, I get.
Speaker 6: To decide what's your idea for the first one.
Speaker 1: I have no ideas. I've got like a do you guys want me to read some of my notes of like yeah.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, this is like a live this is a show.
Speaker 1: This is so exciting and.
Speaker 6: My networking is so important during Yeah, because you can miss out.
Speaker 8: If I were middle and I watched different yeah, little me would be like what the heck?
Speaker 6: No, literally, okay, I'm going to bring up my notes app as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like so like one idea for like one of the seven interesting shows is like, uh, guilt Mom. So it's like my mom is guilt and I play her the entire time. Mother married Catholic Catholic.
Speaker 2: What if she's mother Mary so like and she's like her, she's breastfeeding so much, your nipples are bleeding.
Speaker 1: I like that part, but I don't like the mother Mary part. I like kind of like body horror nipples are but I don't like the mother Mary.
Speaker 2: Okay, okayed for her, Yeah, just knowing that I can if you guys are punching up doing a right, I.
Speaker 4: Have a pitch for an idea of what if she cried?
Speaker 1: I like that what but like, I don't like who's crying?
Speaker 4: Like there was like a woman in it. I think so guilty and I think like, like what if she cried? Is just an idea?
Speaker 1: That's a really good Okay, I'll write that down like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's in your notes?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 6: I sort of started out with sort of like the opening monologue of another I okay, it's about me being a child. Okay. I love the smell of the air before a rainstorm. It reminds me of being a child. Being somewhere with my parents fully present, I would take a whiff of the air and feel my stomach to a flip, that feeling of I'm alive, similar to the feeling you get the night before trip to Disneyland. I remember, I remember the day I noticed that I had stopped experiencing that feeling. I was fourteen, feeling the weight of everything around me. And now I'm old and I've storted to feel that feeling again, that gratitude of being alive, although now it's coupled with a twinge of sadness, holding onto a balloon of grief for the rest of my life, trying to become accustomed to it, like a new birthmark, trying to figure out the gratitude of being alive, Feeling like a vagabond to the earth, the last remaining crewman on a pirate ship abandoned at sea.
Speaker 1: God, and like, literally, that's how I know I'm straight.
Speaker 7: So that was exactly what was written down.
Speaker 1: I am so highest.
Speaker 4: How got on your phone or what's going on?
Speaker 5: So that's the realist thing that's ever happened on this podcast.
Speaker 11: Wow, I think I think I did it for a show of someone reading a bottlogue on their phone and I that's the great thing about the you know, I also have I also have h oh yeah, why don't you close your eyes?
Speaker 6: Okay, I I'm I have I have one that says, I don't trust Canadian women. There's something going on.
Speaker 5: There, that's something.
Speaker 6: And then that's definitely I have another one that says, how come every female bartender is from Scottsdale, Arizona.
Speaker 4: That's true, That's definitely true.
Speaker 6: And these are, honestly, and that's the thing about being an artist because these are just like thoughts that I have, but they can become.
Speaker 5: Something so inspiring it made me, Honestly, I wasn't gonna.
Speaker 6: Say mine say it, say it, say it, Okay.
Speaker 3: So I think it starts when like if someone, if an audience member, I think they could only come see the show if they're hungry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and why did you get so quiet when you said hungry?
Speaker 3: Because it's like, I think, what's making me cry about this idea is that it's a feed.
Speaker 6: In suple ways.
Speaker 5: So I think what happens is.
Speaker 6: It's another car play, and I think, what if we got out of the car.
Speaker 5: Okay, what about this?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 5: I love that what if what if you at home are feeling hungry and a play comes to you Stora Dash.
Speaker 6: That's sort of like I think if something.
Speaker 1: I think there's something really interesting, gine.
Speaker 5: Camera and somebody walks up and I'm doing like a one woman show.
Speaker 1: For you at your house. You don't have to open the door. That's good.
Speaker 6: Wow, But what if someone doesn't have a rain camera? Do you always have to specifically?
Speaker 5: I guess something like that.
Speaker 3: It's a workshop. I'm figuring out. I haven't read that to anybody. I haven't read that idea.
Speaker 6: That's really really beautiful.
Speaker 2: I was looking at my ideas too, like a lot of these are because me and Charlotte were kind of like saying that, being like, what can this be?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: We love that when you guys are alone, is she talking to you?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she doesn't stop talking. I can see that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what I mean the second.
Speaker 4: The door closes.
Speaker 1: It's actually the most beautiful things.
Speaker 2: It's we like go forever and ever and ever, especially if I get her talking about has been hotel.
Speaker 1: She loves has been a hotel.
Speaker 5: She's obsessed with it.
Speaker 1: Oh, hey, nice to see you there.
Speaker 5: Sorry, we were just like in the middle of an episode.
Speaker 3: We love.
Speaker 1: The episode is so funny, checking on you. You're good, girly, You good girly.
Speaker 5: Listen, we have some exclusive stuff to plug.
Speaker 1: And we would love to plug it right now. Join our Patreon. It's a blast. We hang out every week all the week. We do live shows on that Patreon and we're just gonna hang out as ourselves and get to know you guys a little bit better. It helps us if you join it, and we love doing it, so sign up today.
Speaker 5: Once a week, one of the Patreon members becomes King.
Speaker 1: Yes you can know what that means.
Speaker 5: Just click the link in the bioga back to the app.
Speaker 2: She's obsessed with has been Hotel and we watched it together all the time.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 1: Hey, word to the wise, clear your browsing history now, really yeah, you could be arrested for that ship but really searching. No, it's fine.
Speaker 6: Isn't there like sex on that show? But it's for kids.
Speaker 1: No, it's like naughty. It's like a naughty cartoon with like really great.
Speaker 5: She should watch like Umbrella Academy.
Speaker 7: She's watched it.
Speaker 1: She's definitely watching. She isn't.
Speaker 7: It's not as good as the comics, she said, but she loves it.
Speaker 6: Has she ever seen the show of the Expanse.
Speaker 2: No, maybe I'll show that to her. She loves that that in night shamal on Apple TV show to Servant. Anyways, Oh, anyways, we were just pitching like what could this be? And what's crazy is we actually settled on board games. So we're thinking like maybe we turned my show into like a cards against Humanity. It's called the Church the Church from Hell or something, and then it's like you create new gods together.
Speaker 5: So that she would love watching you make that.
Speaker 2: Yeah Buddha with a tongue piercing and yeah, and uh it smells like uh cherry lipstick.
Speaker 5: Like that that's really good. Can I say thank you? Oh yeah, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: And maybe, like I was thinking, like maybe a good way to end is like what have we all learned from doing our solo shows.
Speaker 6: I think that is a really good way to end is to learn like.
Speaker 1: One word that like maybe like some of me really took away one word. Yeah, like and see if you can keep it to one word, because like that's like the fun of this exter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like yeah, my word I'll say is I'd say it's.
Speaker 1: Travel. Yeah, that's awesome. That's beautiful, so beautiful.
Speaker 5: My word is.
Speaker 4: Suffering, yeah, god, surfering more like surfering. Yeah, that's so true.
Speaker 6: It's two words and one.
Speaker 4: Can I pay you for that idea?
Speaker 1: No, I'll just please.
Speaker 5: I don't take I just take tips.
Speaker 1: You gotta you gotta kind of separate the commerce from the theater.
Speaker 7: I think something's going on with you.
Speaker 1: Capitalist man. Yeah, my I guess my word is no.
Speaker 6: No no no no no no no no you go no, no, no, no.
Speaker 8: Serious.
Speaker 6: I don't want to step on.
Speaker 1: Any of these times. I don't want to.
Speaker 6: I don't want to know. I want you to go. I want you to go. I want you to go. No, I want you to go. I want you to go. No, Seriously, mine's justice, okay, yes, yeah for the victims myself. Yeah yeah, yeah, justice, I would say.
Speaker 1: I guess mine is nutty. That's it.
Speaker 5: How do you think of that star as a clown? You to clean up?
Speaker 1: I thought about it about it.
Speaker 6: You are going to clean up in clown.
Speaker 5: School, especially if you have seven interesting shows?
Speaker 6: But do you know who also went to clown school?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 6: Do you know what I'm going to say?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Do you actually say.
Speaker 1: Yeah to you.
Speaker 6: Our story Connor story went to clown School, the hero of clown School. Yeah, I mean look at him now, Yeah, he's he's kind of the north stop.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to get.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to give that Connor story.
Speaker 3: Body.
Speaker 7: I just signed up for Hello Fresh.
Speaker 1: Oh awesome, that's going to help so much.
Speaker 6: It's really more exercise of his food.
Speaker 1: Meals a week are you doing, I'm getting fifteen meals a week genius just for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's your word?
Speaker 7: My word?
Speaker 1: Honestly, after all this, you know, I could say stigmata, I could say confession. You know, I could say circumcision. I'm gonna say Charlotte. Wow, I realized how much I loved my wife talked about Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: I know, it's like quickly become your thing.
Speaker 4: You never realize what the show is actually about.
Speaker 2: This whole time, I'm screaming about my exes and saying that like, oh, I'm like this is like you know Thor if Thor was like a demon twink, you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But then now I'm like, wait a minute, my wife has been there for every step of the way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, since you were fifteen, since I.
Speaker 1: Was fifteen, and all my exes are about you know, the people I dated from ten to fifteen.
Speaker 6: It's it's a really crazy dating time for all of that.
Speaker 1: Yah. And so I paired this like thirteen year old girl that I dated with like you know an angel, yeah, you know, Buddha or whatever.
Speaker 6: So some of the most violent, sort of in depth, intense relationships I ever had were with people that I dated for two weeks when I was eleven. I've never felt that kind of raye. I've never felt that kind of passion.
Speaker 1: My goddess is Charlotte, and I need to be worshiping her. Wow, you found your religion? Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 5: And that's the wow.
Speaker 1: The play. That's amazing.
Speaker 6: Really, that's the play.
Speaker 7: I got the whole play about this. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Guys. Guys, come see to Hell and Back. It's at the Hullaballoo Stage three point thirty pm. And if you buy two tickets for the next week, you get one also as well.
Speaker 6: And also if you want to see my show Bully Question Mark, you can catch it for the next three weeks coming up very very soon at the Gershwin Theater in New York City.
Speaker 7: Come see my show at the Ditch at Stinkies. I'm gonna be over outside there.
Speaker 2: I think I'm doing I think I'm doing a marathon, or I'm doing the show twenty times in a row pretty soon.
Speaker 3: Come see my show. It's on the corner of Lebrea and Tarpit. We'll pick you up.
Speaker 5: You just wave your hand, get in line, we'll pick you up.
Speaker 1: Just buckle up and check out my show. Ow nuts, we are in the black Boxes black Boxes bathroom. It's a fifteen seat theater. It's called the bathroom. It's not actually a bathroom, and they don't have a bathroom. Come check it out. It's gonna be probably three audience members and a bunch of execs.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we should all mention for our friends shows.
Speaker 3: If we don't. I don't have a bathroom. You don't have a bathroom, no bathroom to break into our show.
Speaker 6: The Gershwin has about seven bathrooms. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Starbucks across the street. Great bathrooms.
Speaker 1: Such a good bathroom. Really good. Should we just like maybe like give your favorite line of dialogue from your play, like just like that's a little bit of like I just can't get We just can't leave that. I honestly feel like I'm in a solo show. Right.
Speaker 4: It's because in a solo show where you're like, surely it ends now, but there's always fifteen more minutes.
Speaker 5: And you're literally waiting for someone to be like end of But let's.
Speaker 4: Do the final line of all our shows, genius.
Speaker 5: Because there was like five endings and that is like a a friend show.
Speaker 6: Perfect.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll do mine. Huh. I guess after all this time, the only nuts I like were mine.
Speaker 4: Southern California is not created all the same, and.
Speaker 3: I guess I'll just pull over right here. If you left anything, make sure you take your phone and water.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like an info line.
Speaker 2: Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep and if I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to fuck up the butt.
Speaker 1: It's the last line.
Speaker 6: Wow, and mine is let me try and find it.
Speaker 5: It's not my fault and you're actually fucking ugly.
Speaker 3: This has been artists on artsts on hartists and artists answering the question. Now, that's why they call it show viz. Guys, give it up for our guys, Kaylin.
Speaker 1: Right, love you, Caitlinz.
Speaker 3: We're gonna link all this stuff if you want to find her, you know't definitely have already found her in the description below, Live from.
Speaker 2: The Beautiful Diaty type go join us on Patreon. We's see what we're up to. Ober there, it's down there too.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 7: We love artists and we love solo shows.
Speaker 1: We love that. We've done that.
Speaker 6: I did. I did Lissa Strata in the Hollywood Fringe in twenty twenty fourteen.
Speaker 5: I will link that live stream ticket right in the description below.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's out there.
Speaker 4: Artists on Artists on Artists on Artists is an improvised Hollywood roundtable podcast created and hosted by Kylie Braakman, Jeremy Colhaim, Angela Girritana, and Patrick McDonnell. It is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and Iron Media Podcasts. Executive produced by Matt Apudaka and produced by Alexandra Dennis and Laser Vision Productions. Music by Gabriel Ponton and edited by Connor McCain. Thumbnail art is by Josh Fleury and logo design is by Lucy tom Woods. Special thanks to Samuel Curtis and the beautiful Dynasty Typewriter Theater. The opinions expressed on this podcast do not reflect the opinions of anyone who works on it, not even the performers, because this is an improvised podcast and we.
Speaker 5: Don't know what the heck we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Full video versions of Aoaoaoa are available on YouTube, so please like and subscribe and leave us a five star review wherever.
Speaker 1: You get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: That's all for now, good night, Hollywood,