Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tom Keen with Paul Sweeny and Bloomberg's Lisa Matteo.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you very much. Okay, let's start with Delta. Take our Dal thank you. Shares have been up as much as now seven even eight percent, so it keeps kind of ticking higher. Better than expected earnings, right said, it's going to continue strong demand into next year. So they point out a few things, right, Leisure travelers, they're not only traveling, but they're splurging for the premium seats, the more expensive ones. And there's more corporate travelers. So at CEO said, the company is in a financially good spot. They're seeing not seeing any pullback in demand.
Speaker 2: In twenty opteen years. One of the most important interviews I've ever done is Ed Bastion and Delta, okay and the heart of COVID. And he said, we'll get on this and business travel will lead the way.
Speaker 3: See and he was right, and they all did that look at it. Look at it, and they're they're responding to it too, because they're pushing a lot of premium products, like in the cabin on the ground. They're trying to appeal to those people who spend a little bit more on luxury and separate themselves from the budget carriers. So that was a big thing for that, all right. I paid for first class the first time on my life, flew to Italy.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, worth it, worth it because we had a busy, busy schedule.
Speaker 3: Did not want any like totally worth it. There you go. See more people are doing it. More people are doing it. So that's the thing. American Airlines, United Airlines. Their shares also gained because of this too. Oh they all went up, Yeah, they all went up.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: PepsiCo Okay, this is ticker pep their shares. Okay, their shares have been up more than one percent. They've come down a little bit, but now they're starting to go back up again. Stronger than expected net revenue. Right, So they own Lays, Gatorade, Quaker brand, things like that. But what was a turnaround was their North American beverage unit. So it had two percent growth, strongest growth in nearly two years. Pepsi strong in the third quarter. The reason why thanks to their zero sugar soda. That was a big draw for Pepsi, so more people starting to drink the zero sugar soda and also Poppy, which it bought earlier this year. Poppy is that prebiotic soda, the healthier version, so it has you know, the apple cider vinegar, the fruit juice, the prebiotics. So a lot of people caught onto that. So that's giving Pepsi a boost, and it's doing a few things different. It's on this healthy kick because everything is about you know, the processed foods and all that. So it's starting to change what they're offering.
Speaker 2: Doing this because she's with that.
Speaker 3: Did you know they have new versions of Doritos and Cheetos NKD so naked, so they have don't have the artificial colors, they don't have the artificial flavors. They have new high protein Doritos and they have the new meat snacks too, So they're they're they're jumping on the band.
Speaker 2: Why did we just not do a stock movers today have one stock Let's point this out. Elliot's gone after Pepsi. They got the fear of God in him right now with the wonderful people of Elliott helping out. But Paul, here's the single Lisa Matteo headline, PEPSI CEO. I think Fiber will be the.
Speaker 1: Next pro to boy.
Speaker 2: Now I'm thinking Jim Carrey in the movie about the Miami Dolphins where he goes fiber.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a fiber one of my favorite movies. Also, it's CFO is retiring. I wanted to put that out there. So Ferrari. Their shares actually plunged the most inter day in nine years, down as much as sixteen percent. Trading actually temporary halted due to voluntility, but still the stock now down fourteen percent, up there for the year. Expectations were high. The company just didn't.
Speaker 1: Deliver this stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.