Speaker 1: However, have we ever heard of Andrew Freeman over pay for a need?
Speaker 2: That's just not what he does.
Speaker 3: Hi, Hello, and welcome to the show. Everybody. My name is Clint to see us. That lady right there is Katie Wio. We do not have Alana with us today or this week. She's getting a much needed vacation. But don't worry. We'll hold the fort down for you as best we can. A lot of stuff to talk about, a little bit of a speed run. You guys see, wu is not home. She's on the road. She's in Philly. She's miserable. She's been on the road for sixteen months I think at this point. But yeah, you said, morale's a little low. Like what can we do? What can the crowd here in the chat do to perky up for a series in Philly?
Speaker 4: I just think two things and I'll be fine.
Speaker 1: We do a little Dodger talk, We recap what was I thought was a really fun series in New York against Yankee.
Speaker 4: Has been a while since they did a split doubleheader, so that was cool. And I'm going to get a cheese stick at some point later. So like, really, we're going to be fine.
Speaker 1: We're just a little tired today we're in the halfway point, but we still prevail here at Dodge Territory.
Speaker 3: We grind, we grind. The important question how many chicken tenders did we have?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: I did six, but which is low? It's way lower than I thought. But what happened from a calorie standpoint over yesterday, it's twenty four hours, can never happen again. Because the thing about the Yankee Stadium press box is you can graze. You can graze, and I did a lot of grazing. How to size the pizza? Had an ice cream? I don't even like that big of an ice cream girl, but I will be getting one here at Philly because they have a legendary guy, Frankie.
Speaker 4: Two scoops in the press box.
Speaker 1: Just I left a lot to be desired because I was distracted from the main goal. So we will try again. We will be better and hoping might clothes fit at the end of this trip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to lock in, don't work, you'll venture to be home, you go on your LA hikes and all that kind of stuff. But we got some news to lead us off. The Dodgers have done that thing they do where they fixed everything they traded for a picture, not anybody we were anticipating. Here we get Jack Harris pointing out that the Dodgers have sent Oh well, I guess teconically John Hayman was on it first. I think it was Hayman who was on it first. It might have been I think Joel Sherman who was on it first. But anyways, we're going here pointless for the credit part, Seth hal Vorison, is that how we say this? The Dodgers acquire a right handed flamethrower, somebody who could touch one hundred and two miles an hour. I think he's sitting about ninety eight ninety nine so far this year they send over to the Rockies. I wouldn't say him battled, but one time, you know top pitching prospect Nick Frosso, who just plainly has not bounced back from shoulder surgery a couple of years ago. And this is one of those moves, Katie, where it's like you could easily just throw it away. But when the Dodgers identify something in somebody, you immediately think, is this the next will kliinb Is this the next? I don't know, I mean you kind of they kind of did that with Alex Vessio. They've done it a lot. What do you like, if anything, about Seth hal Vorsen coming to the boys in Blue?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the guy where there's some there's some familiarity, right, he's coming from Colorado.
Speaker 4: Josh Burns is there now. This is the guy who was the.
Speaker 1: Rockies closer maybe two three years ago, so has some recent experience in high leverage situations. But what really caught my eye as we're, you know, speed running through this guy on the way to the ballpark is the velo. And like you said, Clinneth, the Dodger sees something in a picture that should be an alert for the rest of the league because they, alongside the Milaukee Brewers and the Tampa Bay Rays, are the three best at identifying something with an arm that they believe can foster into something even bigger. So you look at the one O two bilo for the Dodgers, You're like, you know what, I could fix that, and if we can't, we don't lose too much out of our system.
Speaker 4: It is the textbook Andrew Freeman minor league trade.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, keep an eye on for like the Halberston Redemption Tour in September.
Speaker 4: Guy with good stuff. Let's see what the Dodgers can do with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you see the numbers here on the screen him at at Triple A this season in the ra around two somebody that absolutely working with this, this coaching staff, Mark Pryor and the boys. They will find something and if not, we don't need to ever talk about them again. But hopefully Nick Frosso gets an opportunity there in Colorado. But again we don't need to spend a whole bunch of time on it. Let's talk a bit about that series against the Yankees. Talked about it yesterday at My All Dodger Show. Is one of those ones that high level. It's a good series. You still leave with a bad taste in your mouth, but you know, you lose a night cap, Gastionism hits the Homer, which makes it worse for everybody in their soul. But what'd you like? What are the positive things that people should really take away from that series?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you there taking two or three from the Yankees and the Bronx, that's a win no matter what it's I think the way that the final game of that split double header ended, though it's hard to win two games in a.
Speaker 4: Split double header.
Speaker 1: For a bullpen game, you know, Evan Phillips still adjusting to the major league environment. That's a real thing for someone who has been out of the game rehabbing for so long. You can't replicate a major league situation or a major league environment in the minor leagues. You can only try to replicate the stuff. So, all things considered, I was really not worried about the.
Speaker 4: Game two loss on Sunday.
Speaker 1: It was just kind of a bummer way to end what was otherwise a stellar series. You look at the starting pitching, Yamamoto going the distance. Game one, There's a reason Dave Roberts put his ace, and that is because he needed to save the bullpen as much as he could.
Speaker 4: Or Game two, well, Yamamoto said, I'll just.
Speaker 1: Save the whole thing. I'll do it myself. Didn't even look tired, unreal, And then I know it's a little past this. But on Friday, Roki Sasaki looked phenomenal. That velo we saw three one hundred plus. Roki the entire outing had his hardest pitches in the major leagues of his career. If he can sustain that we're looking at an entirely different outlook in the second half for Roki. So all in all, it's a great series. You hate how it ended yesterday, but again one bad pitch from Evan Phillips. Who's going to be consistent the more that he gets back into the acclimating to the big leagues. You have you have a moto Beinis Dad, and you have Roki showing some real, real significant progress, Jake care business against Philly, which I think is going to be a much bigger test than the Yankees were, and roll through the Mets and go from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm still I'm holding out hope that you know, obviously is a lot of good from Roki. We need to see it repeated. We need to see consistency out of Roki and now more than ever. Don't worry. Yes, we are going to talk about a whole lot about the show. Heyo Tani knee situation and him being sidelined from the starting rotation, other things like in that series. Yeah, most of the bullpen was pretty good. The fact that the offense was able to eventually get to Garrett Cole, Max Munty shout out, making Cam Schlitzler work, somebody who's in the AlSi Young conversation. But somebody I really love and I feel deserves a spotlight, and he's going to be Today's In this week's fan duel Daily Dinger, we got to talk about Tommy Edmund. He had himself a nice little series there in New York four for nine in the series We're gonna pop. We're gonna pop this on the screen. We're gonna pop some Tommy Edmund love on the screen. Tommy Edmond just overall has been better than advertised for this team since coming off the IL twenty five games, hitting three fifty five. You see it there on the screen nine six ops, Katie. It appears the difference in ankle makes is a lot for Tommy Edmund. But he has been an honest to God like true difference maker or run producer for this team. Whether he's hitting second, whether he's hitting ninth. I mean, I love him in all the spots. If we could duplicate Tommy Edmund right now, I think this team would be a kind of an unmatched offense. You don't expect him to keep this going, of course, but maybe he finds a way. Maybe actually having a healthy ankle goes a long way for him. But I just wanted to make sure we gave a shout where deserved to Tommy Edmund. Guy, you've covered a lot over your career, and for the sake of Daily Dingers, here somebody I'm watching in this Philly series because again, he just seems to be locked in quick words on Tommy before I tell people more about FanDuel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we're Tommy Edmond Truther's on this podcast. I've been since twenty twenty one. He's just a ballplayer, and the Dodgers have so many superstars.
Speaker 4: But Tommy Edmund, you said it really well.
Speaker 1: Clint can plug into any area of the lineup and produce whether he's hitting second, whether's hitting eight, whether's hitting nine, where he's playing left fields, second base, third base. He's that textbook Swiss army knife that Andrew Freeman and the Dodgers love, and he's doing it at this level of production that we haven't seen yet in Los Angeles because he's finally healthy.
Speaker 4: Even when the Dodgers traded for.
Speaker 1: Him in twenty four from Saint Louis, there was some concern over that lingering ankle, but Tommy played through it, got himself the bag, got himself a World Series championship, and then we saw what twenty twenty five was.
Speaker 4: It wasn't Tommy Edmand.
Speaker 1: He could go up there and produce, but not to the level of being able to be such a stop gap for this team. And that's ultimately why they traded for him in the first place, because.
Speaker 4: He's able to get on base. He's able to hit for slug when needed.
Speaker 1: He don't expect him hit pop you know, twenty five bonds a year, but every now and then, like we saw yesterday, he can.
Speaker 4: Take one out of the park.
Speaker 1: I think Tommy Edman represents exactly what a true, like high caliber playoff contending team needs.
Speaker 4: He's not going to blow you away on the stat line.
Speaker 1: He's not going to be the marquee player that you see with banners at the stadium, but he's going to do the little things that allow things and set things up for the big guns to go in and produce. So all around, really nice to see Tommy Edmond back and playing baseball healthy.
Speaker 4: Turns out that ankle surgery was a good idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, already one point two Baseball Reference wins above replacement. Just twenty five games over the course of a full season would be pretty impressive. Already impressed, and that is why he is today's FanDuel Daily Dinger Pick. You guys know the second half is in full swing now. Fanduels giving me a chance to call you shot with Daily Dingers and joining the action is easy. You make your free pick on who's hitting a homer in their game, and if you're right, you get a profit boost you can use on your next bet for a chance at extra winning. So head on over to FanDuel dot com Slash podcast you get started there again, that is FanDuel dot com Slash Podcasts. You opt in for Daily Dingers, you pick who's hitting a homer. You play ball Swinging for the fences on FanDuel, the official partner of Major League Baseball, and let me get you that disclaimer as well. No purchase necessary, opt in is required. Bonus issued as not withdrawble, profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token, inspiration expiration and max wager amount CEE terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. If you have a gambling problem, call our text one eight hundred gambler. We gotta talk show Heyo Tani, and I'm bringing it out. It's time for blue balls. Maybe maybe lining up the words that way wasn't the best way of doing it, but blue balls is our segment. Those are the words that happened. Listen, it's live. Things happen live. But yeah, amongst the bad news that made I guess we could say the weekend a little bit worse, uh in our souls was show Heo Tani he's going to be out of the starting rotation indefinitely, saying he's going to miss this start in Philly on Wednesday, and added that it's going to be some time before he starts again. What can you tell us, Katie?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll preface this with the Dodgers don't seem to be overly concerned. However, as a Dodgers fan, I understand hearing that if you're a Dodgers fan hearing that saying and being like, oh my gosh, he's done. Like I know, the Dodgers really like to downplay their picture injuries. I will say it makes sense where the team is right now, both in the season and in the standings, where if Shoeotani is not one hundred percent, don't pitch him.
Speaker 4: They have a really favorable schedule right now.
Speaker 1: They have an off down Thursday, another off dawn Monday, and then I think one more right after the trade deadline where they can still honor the six man rotation without actually using six pitchers, which gives Otani more time to rest that knee inflammation. So we're going to clarify some things. We were told before the All Star break that Showyotani was going to get a drainage. Is he gonna get his knees drained? Dave Roberts claire by Friday at Inky Stadium that he actually got a lubricant shot and he went out to go throw a flat ground on Friday, I believe, and didn't feel right and told the traders, hey, you know, I'm still not feeling one hundred percent. We know he feels this more when he's pitching rather than hitting. It has something to do with how he plants and lands after he finishes his delivery, and the training staff the Dodgers said, okay, why push it. We have the ability again with the schedule to navigate the rotation.
Speaker 4: We can throw a bullpen game if we need it.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers needs show Heyo Tani in October, not in July, and they're eleven and a half game lead in the NL West right now. Afford them some flexibility to take a couple of days. They don't need to be gas, you know, on the floor, pedal to the metal at this point on July twentieth, they need him for October. So if we need to not see Shoho Tani for two to three weeks, ish in the rotation to ensure that we have a better chance to seeing Shoeo tany in October.
Speaker 4: I think everyone can understand that. Does it suck?
Speaker 1: Of course we want to see Otani every week taking them out. He's the unicorn, I get it. But the Dodgers are really really good at being risk adverse and doing that kind of load management.
Speaker 4: They can take advantage of us.
Speaker 1: Spot in their schedule right now where they have the opportunity to work in more brest days and keep that six man on schedule, still honor it while giving Otani the time that he needs to recover one hundred percent. They're just simply airing on the side of caution. If we get to middle of August and we're not seeing any more progress with that knee, then maybe we have a different conversation, but right now totally understand what the organization is doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Again, it's a good thing to be proactive at this point, and we've kind of been asking for calling forward to different points over the course of the season. It's like, when do you give this guy a blow? When do you give him a little bit of a rest because having him be a two way player. Yeah, I mean it's exciting to say, you know, full time two way player all the way through one hundred and sixty two games. But these are the Dodgers. We don't care. I'll say, we don't care about one sixty two and breaking a Mariner's record for most wins and honestly, show Hey Otani winning a Cy Young Award. They care about winning eleven games in October and having show Hey be at his best in October is the most important thing for this organization. So nip it in the butt now. And it's worth noting that show has not been good since first reporting that knee you had in your calling there, Katie, that I think he first reported a June tenth after that, so he started a season five herd runs over his first ten games after that, twelve earned over his next four. People want to say, maybe it's working with Dalton rushing. It's not all that. When you can't plant on that front leg, you're going to have a bad time. And we saw it much there. But smart to deal with this now one hundred percent because it was obviously like really affecting him. There was I would like it Dave, who had said a little bit better. He said, I guess anything is possible. When asked is there any chance he won't pitch again this season? Do you just think that's probably Dave being cornered and saying words instead of having a moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this point, I think it was maybe ten straight minutes of Otani questions.
Speaker 4: And I think the last thing.
Speaker 1: I always try to be empathetic to managers because every single thing that they.
Speaker 4: Say gets blown up.
Speaker 1: So I don't really think that the Dodgers at all.
Speaker 4: In fact, I know because I.
Speaker 1: Went in and asked a couple of people behind the scenes saying that this is going to be something where we don't see Otani on the mound.
Speaker 4: I think that was just Dave say, you know, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To cover all bases here, you know, I guess maybe he could have a stepback, but right now the Dodgers aren't planning for it.
Speaker 4: They're just that was just Dave b and Dave and the Dodgers right now.
Speaker 1: Again, we saw Tonnie throwing off flat ground in between games on Sunday with head trader Thomas Albert out there, Mark Pryor out there.
Speaker 4: So he's still throwing.
Speaker 1: It's just progressing to where he can feel like he's one hundred percent. Again, you don't need a one hundred percent show.
Speaker 4: Heyo Tani right.
Speaker 1: Now with a double digit lead in the division, and when nobody knows that the Padres or dbacs are going to get any better or worse at the trade deadline, you need him in October. So let's just take a collective inhale exhale, and hope that things are good in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Pump the brakes a little bit for sure. Now all of this. You know, you mentioned the calendar. Usually that's something I end up looking at. I hadn't, you know, I figured I'd go into you know, doom fire and Brimstone and everything. Worst case scenario. Overreactions about this and the state of the starting rotation, they can get away with it for a couple of weeks, buying some more time for Blake Snell to maybe make his return. We know Tyler Glasow is moving doing some baseball activities, still a little bit further behind, but still you look at the state of the starting rotation and the next question is really do they need to add to the starting rotation depth at the trade deadline. That is what we're going to get into next, but first we are going to throw it to a break. Before we do the break, though, I want to point out Katie, we reach seventeen thousand subscribers on the channel, means we're that much closer to twenty thousand subscribers. So if you guys do want to help us out subscribe to the channel here. That'll be another thing that helps with Katie's road miseries right now. If we can get the twenty k before she gets back home, well that would be impressive. But we would appreciate it if you guys help us out there, and we appreciate everybody who has subscribed so far. We will be back. There's more to come, but first, the word from our friends at foul.
Speaker 5: Territory, what if you can actually have it all, and I'm talking about mint Mobile taking the premium wireless bouginess crats, but then bringing it to the transparency in pricing and the affordability in pricing. They're going to lay everything out there with a cheap bill that you know what everybody can handle.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 5: You can even bring your current phone and your number. If you're thinking about it and you're like, I'm worried about that, No worries. They have you covered because they're able to convert people all the time to the Mintmobile way. Go to mintmobile dot com slash territory. That's mintmobile dot com slash territory. Cut your wireless bill of fifteen bucks a month at mintmobile dot com slash territory.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: There's no catch upfront payment of forty five dollars for three months, ninety dollars for six months, or one hundred and eighty dollars for twelve month. Plan required fifteen dollars per month equivalent taxes and fees extra initial plan term only greater than fifty gigabytes may slow when network is busy. Includes up to twenty gigabyte hotspot capable device required availability, speed and coverage varies cementmobile dot Com.
Speaker 3: Katie rumor has it the Dodgers are not going to be active at the trade deadline, or at least not active in the way maybe somebody like me suddenly really really would like them to be. I know a lot of fans would like to see them go out there and get a catcher break in case of emergency with Will Smith, get Trek Scooble. Well, I'll do you know, I'm gonna ask you your weekly Schooble question. But yeah, the knee situation and the Will Smith next situation kind of has them in a in a scenario in a yeah, let's say, in a scenario where do they need to overpay for reinforcements at the deadline. You wrote about this today, tell us more about the state of thinking with.
Speaker 1: The team, so I can understand everyone's opinion about this, because I do think that there is a reasonable concern just based on Snell and Glass now the amount of time they've missed this season, not knowing where a Tawny currently stands, and just not having a lot of depth available outside of the current rotation because River Ryan is still on the el. However, have we ever heard of Andrew Friedman over paying for a need.
Speaker 4: That's just not what he does.
Speaker 1: And I think this is a really good time to look at the trade market, the trade online market overall.
Speaker 4: We don't know what the heck it is.
Speaker 1: And the reason is because with expanded playoffs and so many teams right around five hundred ish or right two or three games out of contention, teams are going to try to straddle that fence for as long as possible before committing to being a buyer or a seller, and several teams might try to do both.
Speaker 4: So I did a little bit of prep today. Clint in the National League, all within two and.
Speaker 1: A half games right now heading into play today, Cardinals, Marlins, Pirates, Dbacks, Padres, Nationals, Americanly, don't even get me started on that. The Texas Rangers are half a game over five hundred and lead the Ale Central.
Speaker 4: You have Houston four and a half games out, but they're.
Speaker 1: The Houston Astros, so they're going to try to, you know, be a contending team.
Speaker 4: Seattle, Boston, Toronto.
Speaker 1: Any one of these teams can go on a run within the next week and all of a sudden be right back in it. And that includes the Detroit Tigers. Was talking to an exec the other day who was like, you know what, I'm not even sure if they're going to trade school because they're a heater away in the next seven days from all of a sudden being right back in it. So it's really hard to predict what the market even looks like, and we're not going to know as an industry up until the final week, if not days before MLB's weird Monday August they're deadline. But if you're a Dodger fan, you don't care. You just want to know what's your front up is going to do to make sure that your team is in the best possible position for the next two months.
Speaker 4: Well, if your.
Speaker 1: Dodgers stand then you know that the Dodgers don't really care about the next two months, and they're never going to go out and say it, but what they care about is sustaining there, leading the division, playing good baseball, but healthy baseball, and making sure everyone is in full strength in October.
Speaker 4: This is a song and dance we all know.
Speaker 1: So as long as as the Dodgers feel like Dalton Rushing can continue growing and continue adjusting to a full time workload, and that they have enough depth in their rotation to I don't want to say coast because that implies that guys are taking their foot off the gas, which they're not. But float, We'll go float atop the division. Then I don't see Andrew Freeman depleeting his farm system for something that they're not going to need in October when it really matters for them now.
Speaker 4: Should should there be.
Speaker 1: Some some validity in and saying, well, you know, we don't know what sound it's going to look like. It's hard to trust Glass now right now, given the amount of setbacks he's had since May one hundred percent, and we've talked about how instrumental Eric Lawer has been. Maybe that helps them rethink if they could move Eric lower or not, just because you need depth. But overall, while Andrew Freeman and company they have no problem splurging cash wise, they really are adverse to trading from their prospect capital. I still think right now they're going to wait out the market. And we know this cliche, We've heard it before. They just wait around the backboard for the rebound. That's what they're going to continue to do. But right now don't seem to have any sense of urgency to go out and get some depth based on though Tawny news or the Will Smith news. That's just not how they operate, and they really like what they've seen in Dalton Rushing behind the plate. This could be really his only opportunity to show the organization what he could do as a full time guy, because we know when Will Smith gets back, that's going to be his job again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny, I should be in last week. Last week, Alana and I were pretty worried about the Will Smith situation. I think things will be. We'll eventually figure themselves out there. I think he will be Okay, that's it. I don't mind Dalton taking the line share there. What you do worry about, though, is the scenario where Dalton Rushing finds himself injured, which is exactly what happened late last year Will Smith fractured hand. Dalton Rushing, hey, hey buddy, you got the keys for a little while, immediately fouls a ball off his leg and is out for a chunk of time. Elie's Alfonso gets his first big league hit yesterday in New York. Congrats to him, But beyond that, don't have catching depths, So maybe there's a little bit of a need for You don't need an everyday starter, but just another grown up, another adult in the room who I'm always gonna go back to Ben rht Vett. At least he has familiarity with this organization. I think you could find a way to finagle a deal with the Mets to get him over here. But we don't need to necessarily focus too much on the catching part of this, Katie. Where I am more worried though, is the state of the starting rotation, because it is Yamamoto, it is Roki Sasaki, it is Justin Rableski is Emma shean Eric Lauer, end of list. And even on the depth side, we know River Ryanma. I've heard more not great news with Gavin Stone, where again, he's not somebody. Even if he started throwing tomorrow, he's not gonna be ready for a month and a half. So basically a non option. Cole Irvin is somebody at Triple A who's giving them some innings down there, not exactly a sexy every sixth day a dude, which again, they just need a little bit of breath, a little bit of depth to survive until Blake Snell returns and then maybe Otani isn't out as long as we're kind of fearing. But in my opinion, it kind of feels like they're playing with fire if they don't go out and at least add I don't know, some sort of upside starter, and I think there are some I'm not gonna call him by low options, but for the sake of getting through it, I think they are kind of by low options that have top ish, middle of the rotation upside maybe even better working with this, uh, you know, pitching staff and all that with Mark Pryor and company. I mentioned a couple of these guys last night on My All Dodger Show, so I'm interested in your thoughts about this. We know Terrek Scoople, how about let this before I mentioned the other names, Trek Scooble, this is the guy where everybody wants him, Detroit kind of in it, kind of not in it. What's what's the latest you're hearing with scoops?
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's start with this first, because I think this is an important caveat. Starting pitching at the deadline is always at a premium and it costs the most. So for the Dodgers. If they're looking at their starting rotation and looking for starting pitching depth. There are not a lot of names out there that scream to me worth parting with at least of one, probably two top prospects for two months of control. Because, as we just talked about, the Dodgers don't really care about August or September.
Speaker 4: Now they're not going to say it, but I will. They care about October.
Speaker 1: And if you look at any of the guys not named Schooble, we'll get to him that could be available right now?
Speaker 4: Are they better.
Speaker 1: Than the healthiest versions of Otani, Yamamoto, Snell or Glass? Now, Joe Ryant, great pitcher, he's probably a number five on this team. Sonny Gray, don't even know if he's going to be available now that the Red Sox have decided to never lose a game. He's a number five on this team. Those guys are twos or threes, maybe even ones on some organizations, But for the Dodgers, do they even get a playoff start?
Speaker 4: So that's kind of where there is.
Speaker 1: Some maybe some gap in the fan basis thinking, because we're focusing rightfully on if there's enough depths to get through the regular season. Where the Dodgers are like, is this worth blowing up something good in our future for an arm that's maybe not going to make an impact in October. That's why you keep hearing the Dodgers connected to school, because he certainly would be an arm that could impact their October. But we don't even know if the Tigers are going to trade him yet. That goes back to how we kicked off this segment. The Tigers again a week away from good baseball for being right back in not just the Wildcar but the Division, and this is their window to compete.
Speaker 4: They're probably not going to have Schooble after this.
Speaker 1: So do I expect the Dodgers to be continued to connect to Schooble?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Do I think that there's even a chance that the Tigers trade him, Yes, But until we get more concrete details, it's all speculative because we don't even know if there's a scenario where Detroit makes this guy available. It all depends on the next week or so, and that does not make it easy for any exact trying to gain play what August start of looks like. But there are teams, trust me, that are going to go down to the wire that are going to be sid on August second, Okay, we are good enough to go in and push, or we are bad enough where we were out of it where we need to go in and sell, which means, I guess for fans Augustard is going to be legit.
Speaker 4: But right now, planning trade.
Speaker 1: Deadlines and saying dependently they're in on someone they're in on not is really difficult because we don't even know who there is to be in looking at the names that we expect to be available based on the teams that we think are going to be selling. The Mets, the Giants outside of Freddy Peralta, who's having a down year? Two, is there anyone else? And those two that screams playoff starter for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really do like Freddy Peralta to a degree because I think you could also get different pieces from let me put this board up here, from the Mets. Yeah, the numbers not the best, but he is somebody who was, you know, a game one starter for Milwaukee just a season ago. He has that kind of stuff, And again I think this is a prime change of a change of scenery type of dude you mix in somebody else maybe, Hey, you know who has Ben roertved It is the New York Mets. So you do kind of fill two needs to a degree if you're able to swing of Freddy Perolta deal there. But yeah, if if Snell comes back healthy, Yamamoto is able to stay healthy the whole time. Rableski is coming up on throwing you know, a career high in innings in like a start or two, So there is also trying to bridge that gap of not burning him out into October. And I think that's where I also have a little bit of focus. Yeah, you can, you can float your way to the postseason and probably a first round by and all that kind of stuff, But burning out your guys that concerns me. Particularly Yamamoto already had an insane workload last October, and then Robleski, you know, she and he's moving to the bullpen either way, unless they find somebody better. Maybe he's not even on the postseason roster. Chances are he's there. Eric Lauer is one hundred percent to give us some innings until you know, the end of September kind of guy. But Freddy Parolta, yeah, on this team definitely has some ace level upside. Another guy less mentioned I talked about last night, Luis Castillo with the Seattle Mariners. It's an interesting situation over there in Seattle because they have a billion pitchers. They have more pitchers that they can call up and probably make an instantaneous impact. You haven't so much heard of the Dodgers and well anybody Dodgers being linked to anybody but Castilla. What does that kind of trademarket look like, because Mariners need some more offensive help rather than another starting pitcher that isn't necessarily happy with his role or usage.
Speaker 1: I don't see it. Because the Mariners are five hundred. I think they're fifteen and fifty. They're a half game out of the division. The American League is like just so mediocre it's really disappointing. So they don't need to do anything big or blockbuster to be a contending team. And we've seen this team in the payoffs before. They know how to play playoff baseball because they know their strengths, which is their starting pitching to a degree, that's the your strength to Yeah, they have all these superstars with the offensive was looking in the last six weeks the Seattle Mariners. When you think of them, you think of their rotation, you think of their pitching. So I don't see them floating really anyone. I don't see the Mariners being one of those teams that straddles the Bysell philosophy. I think they're just going to be in on trying to make their team as better but as good as possible, and trying to make as many improvements as possible because they're going to be rivalry and sure the Rangers, but they do a good job of straddling both.
Speaker 4: And then the Astros who love to go all in.
Speaker 1: And plus the Astros have their GM under the last year of his deal, so he's kind of playing for his job as well.
Speaker 4: I would pump the brakes on this one. I just don't see the Mariners doing that.
Speaker 3: Again, the main reason I bring it up is they have so much starting pitching. They have more pitching down in the minor league levels. Kate Anderson as somebody's we're probably ready to be called up right now and make an immediate impact, and probably a Rookie of the year running who wouldn't win it because you know, Kevin McGonagall exists. But still, this is me thinking outside the bun with Castillo and again that they're pitching sit situation where it's trading from an area of depth. You know, we've talked a lot over the last month about the Dodgers trading from an area of depth in their outfield prospects to fill needs down in the minor leagues. You know, you could see if there was there was an impact bat or two that the Mariners really liked, maybe you can do some convincing, but you know, pie in the sky type stuff there. For me, yeah, it's boring again to once again say that they will likely stand pat or at least do something that isn't needle moving. But we'll do We'll say they're going to nobody else gets Snell and potentially Glass now back, you know.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's that's honestly again, you guys know how I feel about this. I actually had an exec say this to me yesterday and I cringed a little bit. You're going to have so many guys coming back around the deadline that it's going to be like making trades, except these are going to be better than any trades the Dodgers could make, at least that's how they're viewing it. Are you going to go find a closer better than Edwin Diaz on the market. No, he could be back as soon as by the end of this road trip, if not the start of the home stand. Blake Snell, you're targeting they want and I'm to get the five inning seventy five pitch marks.
Speaker 4: They've shortened it before, They're not going to do that again.
Speaker 1: That puts him mathematically looking out right around the August third deadline for our return.
Speaker 4: Oh how convenient. What a coincidence. And then Tyler Glass, now they're.
Speaker 1: Going to be a little more patient with and they have the ability to do that. Should Flake Snell be able to come back healthy, k k her Nandez is going to bring a jolice off the bench. He'll be back, barring everything going okay this next week of rehab in Sacramento on the twenty eighth to kick off the first home stand.
Speaker 4: So all these.
Speaker 1: Guys coming back are just giving the Dodgers what they believe to be more reinforcements. And I do tend to agree that outside a very very few players, maybe two to three tops, you're not going to get better.
Speaker 4: You're not your roster's not going.
Speaker 1: To get better than they would if you got Snell Glass now and Edmunds back.
Speaker 3: Guys are coming back, but what if they don't, or what if they're not right, or what if they pitch and then they're shit back down. That's what I worry about. That's what I'm worried the most about. I know a lot of fans. You know, we saw this team win a World Series in twenty twenty four with a super thin starting rotation. You're not always going to get lucky that way. And looking at how the organization is stacked right now, you got a lot of outfield depth. You can't play six outfielders last time I checked, you know, a couple of years down the road, and this potentially being the final time they could flex some financial might. That's where I'm at. It's like, just go do it because you can just just dump it out at the trade deadline, as it were, with all due respect to everybody, Shove me a second, and prepare for the worst case scenarios because you got to win this threepeat. Shit's about to change with the CBA coming up. That's that's kind of you know, my final thoughts, saving the best of my part of this to the end. Here I worry about those worst case.
Speaker 4: Scenarios, and that's your job. That's your job.
Speaker 1: And I will say this, I'm not, you know, a Dodger's defender by any means, and try to do them as objectively as possible. If there's one executive in baseball that I trust if things hit the fan at the deadline, it's Inrew Freeman. He's not going in there like, oh, I have no plan on August second, like he's good at figuring out things. I mean, they didn't think they were to Kyle Tucker or Edwin Diaz, and those things appeared within basically thin air, and between the forty eight to seventy two hours later both were Dodgers.
Speaker 4: So I will again be rational.
Speaker 1: And you know what, if I'm wrong here and the Dodgers have three starting pitchers in the middle.
Speaker 4: Of August, then I will rightfully rip the team.
Speaker 1: But oh now, right now, I trust the process with this organization, and I think they've warranted that a little bit. Let's just see what the market looks like come July twenty seventh, and expect one crazy week going into the deadline.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah. Hoping for the best, prepare for the worst, and also I'm pretty sure people are going to be upset that you even mentioned Kyle Tucker right now, there's somebody in the chat who's a nagas we're not that we're not talking about the offensive issues of this team, which maybe we'll do that later this week, but.
Speaker 1: We're gonna see it with this pitching. You see the Phillies probables, We're going to see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll talk about the Phillies in just a second. A little bit more show coming up. I did want to throw the in honor of Alana not being here, but we got good news here last licks. Milly was adopted everybody. Milly, of course, was paired with Nacho, who was allegedly her son. I don't believe it, but Milly was adopted. That's that's totally awesome. If you guys want to help Alana more help Gidri's guardian more, get yourself a pup a furry friend for your FOREV home, go check out Gidriguardian dot org. Alana would appreciate if you can help her out while she's on a little bit of a vacake and much needed VACA. So grind time, Katie for the Dodgers for you. Uh, long day Yankee Stadium yesterday, late bus trip for the team, late trip for you into Philly, quick turnaround. Uh, you need to see something good out of Amachian tonight because, as you said, they are opening with Christopher Sanchez. Are the Phillies. What do you need to see in the series besides a little bit of survival tonight?
Speaker 1: Well, first, uh, checking my phone here, there's gonna be We just talked about probables. The Dodgers are gonna switch. They're gonna go Robo Tuesday Lower Wednesday. Shean obviously still starting today, so she and Robo lower despite us being told the opposite order yesterday. Things changed frequently in Dodgers Lands. You always got to be on your toes. I think for the Dodgers this is a big test because there are only two teams really in the National League that I feel can really challenge them, the Phillies and the Brewers. And this is the Phillies team that you know, we saw early in the season they were really struggling wing unto a new manager change midway through the season. They were not the Philadelphia team that we expected them to be.
Speaker 4: They are now.
Speaker 1: They have definitely caught their groove and they can shove.
Speaker 4: You. Look at these guys.
Speaker 1: Are not going to see Lozardo, but you're gonna Seezach Wheeler should have been an All Star. You're going to see Christopher Sanchez started the All Star Game, and you're gonna see Aaron Nola who These are all three names that could start any playoff game for any team.
Speaker 4: And you're feeling pretty good about so uh for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Who have been kind of tested with their quality of the bad so they did a nice job in Game one of taking advantage of a rally or poor a day for Max Schuban and right field for the Yankees.
Speaker 4: But now it's about generating more of those rallies.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers are great at taking advantage of mistakes, but can they create their own offense? I would love to see that during this series. It's going to be a big test for them in terms of the arms they are going to face. Offense has been a little bit low. We'd like to see chi Oskar hit a little more. We'd like to see more production out of the tool all season long. Kyle Tucker continues to you know, just be kind of okay, So can the Dodgers find some offense where they're not you know, scratching inclined two to three runs a game.
Speaker 4: More rallies like Game one.
Speaker 1: Against the Yankees would be nice and I think would calm everyone down in the comments section.
Speaker 3: Most importantly, Yeah, I need to see something out of Shean. Jy Kim in the chat right now mentioning Shean's kind of been on an upward trajectory ever since being sort of called out by Dave. You know he's been on one. You need, you need, You're not matching, you know, Sanchez pitch for pitch, but just do what you can, keep the team in the game, give yourself an opportunity to win. But yeah, I agree, this is a big series. Is a team that you very well could face in an NLDS, in an NLCS. They've already I think Dodgers are two and one against them this year. But like you said, it's a different team then this is a team that's gelling a lot better. They're they're just a hair healthier. And yeah, you're facing two of their best. So I'll be around. We know a Lota will be here, but I will be postgaming on Wednesday after the series. I don't know who's joining me yet. We'll figure that out. She will be back with me, that lady right there, will be back with me on Thursday as we talk about the series and prep for one final series in New York against the Mets. Look at some future Dodgers in that series. Good stuff. As always, Katie, appreciate the time here, appreciate everybody hanging out with us. If you want to find a support of the show, as I mentioned before, subscribe to the channel. We'd appreciate it a whole bunch. Help us get the twenty thousand subscribers. You could also become a member because I think I'm not evenna say. I think next week we will have a date for the next what do we call that happy hour show, because we need to have one of those. It's been too long. Check it out three nine nine a month. You can become a member of the channel and that's it. That's it.
Speaker 1: Okay, bye everybody, Okay bye,