Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Jackie and he Armstrong and Gatty. Can you give us any more sense of who exactly in I run?
Speaker 3: It is either.
Speaker 2: Left? Yeah, we had.
Speaker 4: I hate to say this in front of these young people. They're not children that I spoke to, most of them. They sound like adults to me, even though they are sort of children, right, they'll always be your children.
Speaker 2: But I hate to say it, but we killed all their leadership.
Speaker 4: And then they met to choose new leaders and we killed all of them. And now we have a new group and we can easily do that. But let's see how they turn.
Speaker 2: Out at O'Keefe a snooze talking to Donald Trump yesterday, and this conversation gets more interesting, starting with the whole it's all built around Trump saying we're negotiating, we're getting close in Iran responding with we're not talking to anybody, and then that whole thing. So Edie keep goes on, what makes trust them?
Speaker 4: I don't trust anybody. I don't trust you. I mean that's only because I know you. But if I didn't know. You'll probably have more trust. But I don't trust that. Why do you Why do you say that?
Speaker 2: Why do you say? What makes you trust? You? Think? I trust them?
Speaker 4: I don't trust them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I wish he would have had at hand the Ronald Reagan quote that is always so good. Oh, I trust, trust, but verify, which is a very fancy way of saying I don't trust you. I'm not going to say I distrust you because it would be insulting, but I don't I trust you. I just didn't need to be able to verify your doing everything you say you're going to do on a regular basis, because well, because I don't trust you, Right, they go on by, they're.
Speaker 4: Talking to me because they're going to make a deal. They're going to make a deal. They did something yesterday that was amazing. Actually, they gave us a present and the president arrived today. It was a very big present, worth a tremendous amount of money. And I'm not going to tell you what that present is, but it was a very significant prize and they gave it to us, and they said they were going to give it, so that meant one thing to me. We'd deal with the right people. No, it wasn't nuclear related. It was oil and gas related, and it was a very nice thing they did. But what it showed me is that we're dealing with the right people.
Speaker 2: Had everybody wondering, what's the great present that Iran sent you, like a set of lovely bookends or a pen or ah. Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I can't get past how obnoxious at O'Keefe is, but that's your department. Having been annoyed by him for an evening, I was at a different table.
Speaker 2: I sat next to him at a restaurant for several hours and I found him unbelievably pompous. But I shouldn't let that get in the way of this. But the question, well, why even talk to them? Then? Yeah, that's a dumb question. I think if you don't trust him, why negotiate with him, Because you have to negotiate with everybody. You have to negotiate with Putin and the war. You have to trust him. No, I'll practically everybody negotiate with you don't trust because in some deals you build in standards and sanctions and the rest of it, so trust has nothing to do with it. There are incentives and disincentives you jackass, right, But his only goal at O'Keefe is to try to present Trump his dumb or dufis or naive or whatever anyway. So another question, different journalist kind of gets to what the gift is that Iran gave us just the next clip fifty four red Flow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was related to the flow and to the strait.
Speaker 2: It was negotiating on who's going to control the straight from.
Speaker 4: Now on, we'll have control of anything we want. Look, if we can end this without more lives being done, without knocking out ten billion dollar electric plants at a brand new and the apple of their eye, I'd like to be able to do that, you know, but they can't have certain things.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know the things. I don't have to go over the list.
Speaker 4: But again it starts with no nuclear weapons and they've agreed to that.
Speaker 2: So Oran came out yesterday and said that non hostile vessels, including those belonging to are associated with other states countries, may may go through the Strait of horror moves. And then they also said that they are not negotiating with us because and here's the quote, our first and last word has been the same from day one, and it will stay that way. Someone like us will never come to terms with someone like you, not now, not ever. That's what Haran said, which leads you to this. Former CIA director John Brennan was on MS Now yesterday and asked about whether Trump says that we're negotiating, Iran says we're not, and the former CIA director said, well, I tend to believe Iran more than I do Donald Trump, which is just dandy. He ought to be in jail for perjury now. I realize Donald Trump once said I believe Russia over our intelligence. That was a horrible thing to say. He should have never said it, which we kicked him for it, kicked him that day for it because thats a terrible thing for Trump to say. But the former CIA director shouldn't go on cable news and say I believe Iran, Iran of all countries, I believe Iran, not the president. What is it? Where are we as a country now where that's the sort of conversations we have. That is a prostitute.
Speaker 5: He works for the network whipping up anti Trump fervor, and he will perform any act that will do that. Well, I'm going to betraying the truth betraying his vows, betraying his country.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'm sure their audience just loved it. Oh, I know exactly he's doing his job. Michael Clips sixty. Please, this is an Iranian American journalist.
Speaker 6: I would not believe that Ryanni regime, and never I have never in all the work I've ever done of their own regime, they do nothing but lie through their teeth. So I don't believe that when they say that there are no talks because they're supporters, which are twenty percent of the country, want to see the regime pummel the United States and Israel. So yeah, I believe talks are happening, and I.
Speaker 2: Think Trump is leaving.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Brandon, shove that up your lion. Hind Anduida unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I hope I never become so partisan that I would root for in Iran or a Russia or a China over who's president because I don't like the president. I hope I never get that partisan. I don't know how you get that way, eh boy, Yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 5: A couple of kind of counterintituitive pieces of journalism here an odd juxtaposition. This is from The Wall Street Journal the oil supply crunch is spreading from the Gulf to the rest of the world. For a glimpse of how much higher energy prices could still soar, look to beyond the West Texas Intermediate brand blah blah blah, at the center of the supply squeeze in the Middle East, traders are paying an eye watering one hundred and sixty dollars a barrel for the Emeradi oil that can dodge the Strait of horm moves far above those global benchmarks. And they make the point that because the world economy is interrelated and some of our allies use Gulf oil and and Asian countries blah blah blah fertilizer blah blah blah, that would be pretty expensive and the right it would be, but eye watering one hundred and sixty dollars a barrel. Now here's Brett Stevens, who is the token conservative in the New York Times editorial pages. Most Americans probably don't look back at March twenty twelve, if they remembered it at all. And I think of terrifyingly high gas prices in the month when the Hunger Games ruled the box office and President Barack Obama was on his way to a comfortable re election. The price of brint crude closed the month at around one hundred and twenty three dollars a barrel. That would be about one hundred and seventy five dollars a barrel in today's dollars, and as of Tuesday, despite around's effective closure of the state of Hormus and it's attack on neighbor's energy of facilities, it's hovering around one hundred dollars, slightly higher than the average inflation adjusted price since January of oh one, which is roughly ninety five dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as I mentioned the other day, one hundred bucks is about seventy nine in your pre pandemic numbers. So I don't understand any economics discussions that don't include numbers adgested for inflation. Their clickbait, their interest bait. Now, when you do it with a movie, box office or athlete salaries, this is the highest anybody's ever been paid to do this, or the most money a movie's ever made. Fine, go ahead, I mean, you're just trying to sell an entertainment product, but it's a lie. Also, you're not adjusting for inflation. But if you're gonna do it around important statistics like the price of oil and whether or not we're gonna have a worldwide recession and that sort of stuff, come on, you're just you're not doing your job. Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 5: I actually do remember that period, weirdly enough, because I decided to get into not day trading exactly, but individual stock trading. And I decided to get into the sector I was going to concentrate on was oil exploration stock, and gas prices just kept going up, or oil prices, I should say, just up, up, up, up up, And I was starting to think I was a genius. But I remember where those prices were because of those stocks, And yeah, we're energy has gotten significantly less expensive, way less expensive in general, other than at the moment.
Speaker 2: So yeah, again it's just clickbait. So oil is significantly less expensive than twenty twelve a year, you don't even remember, is anybody going to click on the following headline oil surges to slightly more expensive than average over the last twenty five years. No, nobody would click on that. Well, and then there's political advantages too, sure, so you got the media clickbait advantage. And then you've got the political advantages. Trump has gotten us into a terrible situation where bogged down and oil is so expensive.
Speaker 5: All right, this is my worst transition ever. These lying journalists. I'd like to break into their homes and throttle them, but I can't. If they have simply Safe home security. Well that's a good one, because the AI cameras outside would recognize I was a threat. Then the live monitoring agents would call the cops, turn on the spot light, say hey, maniac, don't go in there, we're watching you.
Speaker 2: Right, Simply Safe is so much better. Mar I am hiding behind a bush and Edo keeps backyard and his cameras spot me. Think in today's the day he gets it, simply camry. Thing is that the guy I had lunch with that one time. But luckily okaepe has or could have active out go active guard outdoor protection from simply Safe. And I got the sensors and the cameras and everything in my house. It's so great. And you don't have a long term contract with simply Safe. They earn your business every day. Yeah, are you like me?
Speaker 5: You had a long term contract with an expensive security system that was garbage. Simply Safe is way better and way less expensive.
Speaker 2: Called right now? Are you good?
Speaker 5: Folks can get fifty dollars off your new simply safe system. It's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. That's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. Check it out. There's no safe like simply safe. Oh we're still talking.
Speaker 2: We well you are die now I'm talking as well. I want to talk about baseball. Baseball starts tonight, but they got a new wrinkle. They got computers that are going to call balls and strikes sometimes.
Speaker 5: Interestingly, I have a brief note on how save metrics data is ruining basketball.
Speaker 2: Interesting also, Yeah, so stay tuned for all that and other things stick around.
Speaker 7: I wasn't expecting it. I was like, why is he coming out here? And he got on the mound and told me I made the Team's pretty cool. I mean honestly, I thought I was getting taken out of the game. I didn't know what was going on. Obviously, whenever the manager comes out are you're usually done. He just came up and told me I made the team, and everybody just said congrats. Caught me totally off guard. Went through a lot of hard times a few years ago. I never would have expected this. Looking back, I'm glad I kept my head down and kept hammering away.
Speaker 2: Pretty special. Wow, that had to be quite a moment. Then he struck out the last guy and he was done. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I saw the play by play when the manager came out in the infield came around and the manager walked up to the picture and like he said, any pitcher knows what to expect. And the manager said, hey, you made the opening opening day roster, and all of his teammates smiled big and clapped him on the back and all and he was trying to suppress you know, the biggest GrITT he's ever had in his life. Is really sweet moment, kind of a fun idea by the manager.
Speaker 2: Well, because we ruin everything is the way we do things ever since the TV era began in Major League Baseball, up until a few years ago, opening day men, every baseball team played and everybody who's rooting for the team, and it was kind of a kickoff of spring and it was kind of a cool thing. But of course we got to ruin stuff like that. So now the games come out drips and drabs to a certain extent. First game is tonight, Netflix first ever Netflix game Yankees at Giants. He got Aaron Judge playing eighty miles from where he grew up in Uba City or whatever. And then he got hometoime hero Logan Web who's also from northern California, as a picture for the Giants. Pretty cool, but it's a Netflix thing. If you don't have Netflix, you don't get to see the game, and it's the only game and whatever. More interesting thing is they're going to have computers calling balls and strikes if you ask for it. So you get a couple per game where you get to say, either the pitcher, the catcher or the batter can tap their helmet and say, wait a second, that wasn't a ball or it wasn't a strike. And then they go to the computer. First of all, are you in favor of that or not? I have really mixed like anything that slows down the game. I don't quite understand if they think the computer is more accurate. Why you didn't just leap to having the computer do all the pitches? What is that?
Speaker 5: Oh, there are all sorts of issues from bargaining agreements and unions to.
Speaker 2: Oh, it would just take too long. It's complicated. But doesn't that but from a making sense standpoint, aren't you just declaring by having the computers, the computers can get right all the time.
Speaker 5: We've just chosen not to. Part of it is it would so change the game. It would shock baseball fans to see how much change is the game for the weirdly unspoken strike zone to become the technical strike zone. Well here they don't want to do that all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: Here's what they learned, boy, in the strike zone thing I just heard I read about that. It's interesting. So rather than like chest to the knees or whatever you learned in the Little league, it's thirty two point four percent of your height and blah blah blah that the computer uses, but which obviously you couldn't calculate as a human being to that degree. One thing they found in preseason, though, is the catchers were right more often by far than the pictures of the batters, just because of the angle they have or whatever. So, yeah, batters and pictures challenging it didn't go as well as catchers, but it was just barely over fifty percent of the time that they the umpire got the call wrong. So there's two ways you could look at it. I was listening to NPR and they said, so, it didn't really make much difference, And I thought so half the time the umpire got it wrong. That sounds significant to me.
Speaker 5: Well, keep in mind, though, it is in the couple of times, one or two times per game, that the players believed it was the most egregious right miss call of the game. Half the time it was a strike or a ball.
Speaker 2: Half the time they got all right, but half the time they didn't. So I don't know. I would imagine it's going to grow from here. Over time, though, wouldn't you guess that it grows from twice a game to more often?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, one hundred percent. Yeah, I preferget.
Speaker 2: I don't like anything that slows down any games. I don't care if it's more accurate. I'm not one of those as long as they get the calls right. I don't take if it takes an hour of replay. I am not that person at all. I want the games to just go. And it was fine. I watched in my whole life. I enjoyed the games, and my life was not ruined by the occasional bad call. We yelled about the umps. It was part of it. Yeah, are the refs or whatever. Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how that works tonight. I would hate it as an empire.
Speaker 5: I think, uh yeah, well they do because their industry is going away. They'll just have to stand back there and assess whether it was a foul tip and whether somebody gets tagged out or forced out at the plate, and it's going to be a completely different line of work.
Speaker 2: Most of your other baseball teams play tomorrow. If you don't have Netflix, you don't get to watch the game tonight. That's going to make some people angry. Netflix only has three games the entire season, but they have the opening game.
Speaker 5: We're out of time to do the other NBA thing I was going to talk about, but maybe we can talk about that later, how data sabermetrics has kind of ruined the NBA squeeze that in later.
Speaker 2: Maybe fit that in with all kinds of prop betting that's going on that is a problem, including like government policy. That's really a problem. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: We turn out of a mystery in the oil markets and the suspicion that some people are getting very rich by trading on inside the information. In the minutes before President Trump's announcement Monday that the US would postpone strikes against Iranian energy targets, traders suddenly bet hundreds of millions of dollars on oil prices falling, which is exactly what they did.
Speaker 2: Huh. I'll be darned. So this happened, and it's getting surprisingly little attention, which I think is a problem. I think because the whole country feels the way I feel about it. Of Course, that happened, It's always happened, it's always gonna happen, and there's nothing I can do about it, which your both parties are doing it all the time, which really isn't good. That were that cynical and just accept the beating that we take from the rich and connected who somehow were alerted to the fact that Trump was about to go out and make an announcement that was going to make oil jump up. Here's Jill and CBS handled this in a very soft way. This is the new Berry Weiss CBS, where you don't just come out and call the president a liar or whatever, you know, like other networks do. Hasn't helped them in the yet, but anywhere. Here's Jill Sleschinger their business woman on CBS explaining how this how odd this is?
Speaker 1: Well, I think the most important thing in what stands out is that we saw a surge of trading activity. So if you look at this at six forty nine to six fifty one, there is this circle there that's a big jump up in activity. And then soon after we see the price of oil at the top and then it drops by ten percent literally in minutes fifteen minutes before this non public information.
Speaker 8: Is out, So somebody might have known something a little too early.
Speaker 1: It does appear that way, and why we care about this is that is not considered public information and someone seems to know it, and that's illegal, Tony. I mean, that's the issue, is that this is essentially insider trading.
Speaker 2: That was a pretty gentle way of handling it, because it's obvious that there was insider training going on. Obviously.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a great story not long ago, and I referenced it a couple of times. I never really read anything the show, but the point of it was intelligence agencies around the world are watching the poly markets, prediction markets because politicians in every never I was saying, both parties are doing politicians in every country around the world are trading on insider information on these prediction markets, and the stock market is essentially a prediction market, so everybody's doing it everywhere, insider information. Blah blah blah. This is why you limit the size of government. But I've lost that fight, so I'm graciously accepting defeat.
Speaker 2: I think as a country that a lot of people are like I said, or where I am, you recognize that, Yeah, rich connected people get to do this. I don't get to do it. There's nothing I can do about it. If I dwell on it, I'll be less happy. So I think I'll just forget about it. That's very, very, very sane of you. Yes, I think. I mean it sucks. It sucks a lot, and I don't know how you'd ever get rid of it, because even if if you get like Elizabeth Warren's, people in Congress aren't allowed to trade stock, which I'm fine with. I don't know if it's constitutional, but I'm fine with that or any stock with any committee that they're involved in that industry. Hold on, I'm about to sney.
Speaker 5: Oh oh oh, it's a soul trying to escape. According to Middle Ages popes.
Speaker 2: I got it. HPM RV or whatever it is that's going around MSRP. Even if you got Elizabeth Warren thing through where you can't trade on stocks as long as you're in Congress or whatever, you can't stop them from calling their wives or their husbands or their kids or where you're mean to be a pop for other than law. Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was thinking the Biden family really set a pace in their obvious you know, insider information dealing, influence pedaling, the rest of it. And I yelled about it like a lot of people did. The truth is the Trump family has taken is it doesn't do that per se, but they've made zillion dollars based on Hey Dad, what's gonna happen tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well yeah, and again everybody everywhere is doing this.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah that that that is. That is true. But on this one it was so much. It was so broad, I mean, and all these people minutes before he makes the announcement, all the trading going on, I mean, is very kind of Jill Sushionser and Tony Deakopa to act like it's an open question on what they're not. There's insider trading happening, and it's probably bipartisan it's probably spread out among all kinds of different people they got the tip on that. I'll tell you what, I'm a really honest guy. It'd be pretty damn hard if I knew there was about to be a giant announcement that's gonna affect this drug or that oil price or whatever electric vehicles and just keep it to myself. It'd be pretty hard to do, right, to not say to you know, tell you what, might I want to dump that ev stock we got before Tuesday? Just saying you do that too?
Speaker 5: Three times and they owe you an enormous favor and they pay back that favor someday. So it's like we were talking about the Epstein network. People are obsessed with the sex stuff. It was an insider trading network and the guy at the center of it happened to be a PERV. Yeah I know, yeah, well born into the wrong family, stupid working class.
Speaker 2: I really don't know that there's anything you can do about this. Try to keep it to as much of a minimum as you can.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what, Why did you set up a rule and then give me thirty seconds to get around it?
Speaker 2: Right? I don't know if this is policeable in any meaningful way. Maybe just maybe the best you can do is have the news do what they did. We're aware of this. Just let you know we're aware of it. Sit well, and the Wall Street Titans are like, yeah, we don't care. But I just don't get too greedy, I guess, or don't push it too far. Don't think we're not paying any attention. I guess that's all you can do. Yeah, yeah, A final note from me.
Speaker 5: I am, as you know, a huge fan of the free market, and I despise capitalism or communism, socialism, so much of this sort of thing that is decried. As you see, this is the problem with capitalism. This is crony capitalism. It's the opposite of a free market with the free flow of information. It's the very very powerful who have a serious role in business. It's the government business nexus. That's where things get perverse.
Speaker 2: I'd like to know how that information got out so Trump knows he's going to go out and give that speech. Wouldn't be a whole lot of other people that know that, though, I wouldn't think. Well, it's like the uh, well, it's like any viral phenomenon, including word of mouth recommendation, I have three people on going to call. They each have three people they're trying to call, etc. Yeah. So if you had Marco Rubio's crowd, Pete Hegza's crowd, Trump's crowd, and all the staff involved, that'd probably be three figures at least. Right, did the Gang of Eight get briefed on this? Yeah? There you go. Now you're up to several hundred people with the staffers that would be aware of it, each of whom has friends. And you're some staffer making I don't know, sixty five thousand dollars a year make working eighty hours a week for Mike Johnson and you find out that this is going to happen.
Speaker 5: And you're worth three point eight million dollars in your salary. Yeah, gee, what's going on there? And they must be a real savior. They strengthened, They say, its very admirable, the real savor.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that happened and it will continue to happen for all of eternity and everyone knows it. That's right. Marjorie Taylor Green Margie Well, that discouraged me, that sat my will to live, was that your purpose was that what you were trying to do it wasn't actually, because like I said, I think we've all just made our peace with it. Yeah, the connected get to do this and I don't. And Bengo, thanks Michael, I lived to my spirits. That was good. Ah the old man. Don't we all miss Joe Biden. But that's how you get care, that's how you get there. Like Joe Biden, I wonder how long he was in DC before he started doing that, before he looked around and said, what, thousands and thousands of people are taking advantage of the system we have and I'm not going to in a way that can help my family for all of eternity. I'd be a schmuck, is probably what you come to convince yourself. Uh huh. Yeah, your buddy at the Department of Labor, Hey, us Steel's gonna lay off like fifteen thousand people whoo to make a trade.
Speaker 5: Right over and over and over again. Or your brother in law does it for you or what have you.
Speaker 2: So I was listened to the Dispatch podcast the other day and they started with talking about sports gambling around March Madness really and just how much of it is done and how it has affected sports because we've got the stories from the last couple of years of major league pictures throwing the balls trade into the ground, or college basketball players, you know, shooting a free thrown that goes over the backboard or whatever because they were involved in some of the trading. But there are all these prop bets now on like governmental policy that you can get involved in. Will Maduro be removed from office, or will we attack Iran or stuff like that. And there's the real concern that if you can find a picture who's willing to throw a baseball straight into the ground because he's on the hook for some gambling debts, you're not going to find some buddy in government who influences policy direction or the other because of betting right almost certainly guaranteed to happen. Came across the.
Speaker 5: Report that there's this small time journalist, I think he's based in Israel whose job was just to do the little column on where a missile hit or whatever. And and he there's an Iranian missile that got through and caused like very minor damage in some town, and he wrote up the little report, you know, page fourteen c of the newspaper. He started getting death threats and offers of bribes and we will ruin yous.
Speaker 2: And blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: Because some of the betting markets, the prediction markets, had bets of whether there would be any missile strike that got through in Israel on that day. Who knew you could bet it on freaking anything these days you can. So they were threatening his family, They were hitting him with I know where your kids go to school, saying you've got to retract that report and say it was an error.
Speaker 2: And so the question is is there anything that can be done about this now that they're betting on everything? I didn't know it was that specific bets on will any missiles get through to Tel Aviv tonight? You can bet on that. And then, of course the problem being at some point, does it sway people's decisions or do you you know I'm the guy who makes the decision. Anyway, I might as well make some money off of this. So I'm going to bet heavily and then fire the missile off at seven pm. That sort of thing that's inevitable, isn't it? Yeah? In one form or another? Yeah? Can anything be done about that? Pairaback legal gambling? No, this didn't exist before? Or is this all because the Internet exists. Yeah, that's a huge part of it. That is absolutely the catalyst for so much evil.
Speaker 5: I stick by my assessment that this ape has gotten too smart for its own good, and we'll bring itself to ruin.
Speaker 2: You say that I was bringing people down. You end the segment with we are bringing ourselves to ruin.
Speaker 5: It's inevitable. Okay, humanity is on the way out. Yeah, I'm at peace. I'm an old guy.
Speaker 2: There is no good luck. There's no other radio show, TV show or podcasts that talks this way. Oh that's true. I'm strong. Oh oh oh, the most depressing radio show there's There's nobody offering this product anywhere. I guess that makes us unique. We've got our own niche market. Oh yeah, exactly. Yeah. Hey do you listen to that show that brings down every single damn day? Oh?
Speaker 5: I love them? Coming up yoga trend or parody. In recent days, we've brought you snake Yoga, Legit, Portland, sword Yoga in New York. I will present a new yoga trend. Is it real or parody? It's getting harder and harder to tell.
Speaker 2: I don't know how we could possibly know that. And other stuff on the way Armstrong, Hetty. Here is Katie Green to set up what we are about to hear.
Speaker 3: So, this guy is standing at a crosswalk and is approached by a Mingo food delivery robot, which proceeds to ask him to hit the crosswalk button for him.
Speaker 2: All right, huh, hello, what do you want? What do you want? You want me to press the button for you? You want me to press the button for your Mingo?
Speaker 8: You press it yourself, and you took a human job and you want me.
Speaker 2: To press the button for you. No, hello, cu excuse you, you excuse you. I'm oppressing nothing. You press it, go yourself. The relationship between human and artificial intelligence, rocky.
Speaker 3: And then he and then he crosses the street and just leaves the robot there.
Speaker 2: He goes the other way.
Speaker 5: These intentions clear, i'd say, angrily shouting obscenities. It a robot is proof that you need to relax. Perhaps you should consider yoga. Now, Katie, you're part of the committee. This is you will vote okay. This is Joe Getty's yoga trend or parody. I used to be a mess. I'm reading from a woman's account. What's her name?
Speaker 2: Elena High?
Speaker 5: Stress, corporate job, endless deadlines, a diet consisting of sad desk salads and existential dread. My body ache, my mind raised, my soul felt as empty as the gluten free bread isle. Then when ordinary Tuesday, while stress eating a turkey club in my kitchen, I accidentally struck something that was similar to the tree pose while reaching for the mustard. Blah blah blah, I had discovered sandwich yoga. What is sandwich yoga. It's the mindful practice of combining ancient yoga postures with the sacred act of holding and eventually eating a sandwich. The core philosophy is life is a sandwich, a delicious, layered experience best savored one mindful bite at a time. And the virtues of sandwich yoga include balance in every layer, mindful consumption, stress, release with zero equipment, and community and connection because we encourage people to get together and do this with each other. Actual yoga trend or parody.
Speaker 2: It's hard to say life is a sandwich is a pretty good line. Balance in every layer, that's right. The virtues of sandwich yoga Life is a sandwich, jack layer. Make your pronounce not a turd sandwich. I really have no idea it'd be a coin flip. It could be gating. I mean so silly now that anything's on the table, I'm going there.
Speaker 5: Past week, we've brought you a sword yoga and snake yoga. Michael, i'mtsa say real, Okay, ladies and gentlemen, we have precisely one reel, one parody, and one coin flip.
Speaker 2: Not very helpful. I believe it.
Speaker 5: Gets thrown to the House of Representatives in the and the VP breaks the tie or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's parody, Okay, I was gonna say clearly, but not clearly it's not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are at least half a dozen things I can think of off the top of my head in which it is impossible to launch a parody. There was a rally in Brooklyn yesterday for dot dot Dom. Can you come up with something so outlandish?
Speaker 2: It's clearly not true. The latest TikTok trend.
Speaker 5: Is oh yeah, yeah, Hamadic Socialists of America are in favor of dot dot dot.
Speaker 2: Young people are hammering tax between their toes to I'm calling bs on that because young people are so soft. Oh boy called the toe tac challenge, a sixteen year old died in Pennsylvania. Parents are outraged and blah blah. Traditional yoga the hammer ring. Traditional yoga teaches balance. Sandwich yoga demands it.
Speaker 5: Try holding a fully loaded BLT in mountain pos without dropping the tomato. It builds core strength, focus, and deep appreciation for structural integrity.
Speaker 2: There you go. I had a BLT yesterday and I was reminded that I had my first BLT maybe ten years ago. I was in my fifties. First time I ever tried a belt, they always sounded gross to me, and then the first time I ever tried when I was like, Wow, this is fantastic. And I've had thousands of them since.
Speaker 3: Jack, You're amazing.
Speaker 2: You are constantly mystifying. I just always thought this out a terrible and had never taken a bite until I did, and I was like, wow, this is great. All right. Well the Humble Turkey on Rye next hour. Stay with if you missed the segment of the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty