Speaker 1: Peaks of the planet charlamagine the God here and as we come close to closing out this year, I just want to say thank you for tuning it into the Black Effect podcast network. There have been so many great moments over the past year. Take a listen to some of those captivating moments in this special best of episode.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jess, I need some on relationship advice, as in, how do you get rid of someone who just won't let relationship go. I'm completely over the father of my children. We've been together almost ten years and I was completely in love with that man and thought he was my best friend and somate. It must have been the sex because I was completely digmatized. He played me damn near the entire relationship, but I didn't find out until two years ago, and it's.
Speaker 3: Been a complete mess.
Speaker 2: I suspected him cheating and things fell off, but I never had proof or he made it seem like I was crazy. Two years ago, I was eight months pregnant and engaged at him. I picked up his pants and his phone fell out his pocket unlocked. It's like God was basically telling me to see the truth. What was in the phone way more than I ever expected and he was complete slut, even fucking around with women I knew and saying them money as gifts while not helping with the household. To make it worse, he messed with women at the apartment complex we've lived at, even our most recent place.
Speaker 3: I'm so over his lives and bullshit.
Speaker 2: Last year, I was ready to get my own place, but he guilt tripped me and said it was best for the kids to stay together another year. Well, this year has been hell. He's so tossic and it still has drama with females coming to my door. Tells me I'm making things up. I can't deal with this. So recently I got my own place without him knowing. The lease is almost up, and I'm doing everything in my power to jump start this man into finding a place to live or even rehome him to another bitch for all I care, But he refuses to accept it and still makes it seem like we are going to be together. His family refuses to help and even encourages him to stay with me. I don't even know what to do to get rid of this man because he literally needs me for everything housing and transportation. Yes, he works, but rarely helps with household bills. I don't want the father of my kids on the street, and he still needs to watch the kids while I work, but I also don't want him laid up in my new apartment. Think he could say there, we don't have family that can help with the kids, so it's just us taking care of them. So we're basically stuck with each other. Any advision be homing my baby daddy? And so don't fill in the blinks. They are not having sex at all, and there's no chance of ever getting back together.
Speaker 4: Just big with everything, y'all. Listen, I have but everything before I jump into our story. I got everything bagel for the first time, so it's gonna have my breath like real oniony but the cream cheese and it's tosted to with extra butter. Baby, thank you, That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I do not like calling my beautiful black woman clowns, but baby, i'd be lying if I say you as in lying, you are a clown. And sometimes we have to tell each other this so we can pick ourselves up. And that'slves off and try again. Why are you worried about a man who don't give a damn about your feelings at the end of the day being put out on a damn street.
Speaker 3: Oh, because he the father of my children.
Speaker 4: He didn't give a fuck that she was the mother of his kids when he was cheating on your ass for the past ten years. What you just found out about two years ago, all because his phone was slipped out the pocket and you.
Speaker 3: Washing his clothes. What I believe.
Speaker 4: If he ain't putting his hands on you, if he ain't got no gun to your head, if he is not holding your children hostage, if he ain't doing none of this, car, you can leave his ass.
Speaker 3: Let him be on the fucking streets now. Listen.
Speaker 4: What he may do is go be with somebody else for the convenience of it. Because he seems to like being taken care of. And his family raised them wrong. Don't give a fuck with nobody say they raise them wrong, because they're still encouraging his cheating ass to be with you. That's because you're taking care of him. You're not responsible for your children's father. You're responsible for the children, just like he is. Leave his ass some about Oh, and don't there's no feeling the blanks. We're not sleeping together, We're not what happens when you want to date the fuck because I know he's still dating, he just probably ain't bringing the bitches around you. And also, if you're able to take care of him, then you should be able to take care of getting a babysit up for your kids.
Speaker 3: Why you gotta do anything? I don't care. I do not care.
Speaker 4: I see mom's do it all the time without their families, without friend groups, without support groups, all that. Like we do it women, We do it all. No discredit to men, because every man out there and not like that. And we have a lot of heartworking dads. But women, come on, now, we do this shit. You feel sorry for him yourself? A soft spot for him? That's crazy. He didn't have not one fucking soft spot for you. You can't seem to shake them. You can't, girl, like I said, unless he beating your ass up and down the house, or like I said, holding you hostage, gun to your head, all that. You can walk the fuck out of his life period. Get a restraining order. Oh, but then he can't see the kids. See what I'm unning about that? When he was with Denise, Vanessa and Rudy and Clara, he wasn't thinking about none of that, girl, No, I think.
Speaker 3: You have lost your everlast of mind.
Speaker 4: And I'm sorry for all my aggression, but sweetie, you can do better. And sometimes a lot of us women need to be told that by other women who are completely unbiased. Like I'm not your friend, I don't know you, never saw you a day in my life, you know what I'm saying, So I don't know you. This is just like anonymous. You know, I'm hearing a story and I'm telling another woman what she could do, what she should do.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You still love him? I know you do. You know I'm not saying that you are attracted to him or you don't.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, because all right, taking account me and my son's father, we are way past intimacy. We're not, you know, attracted to each other anymore. I haven't dated Rome since before our baby turned one year old. Like that's just how that is, you know. And I often say that we're like brother and sister. So I would give Rome the shirt off my back, yes I will, but I would not give him a place to stay in my house because I am in a relationship.
Speaker 3: I'm moving forward. That's just that's a no.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: There are still boundaries. That's why I'm telling you this.
Speaker 4: There are still boundaries that has to be set and have to be put between you and your baby daddy. What's wrong with him getting a fucking job if he ain't got no record with even niggas with records, fuck a record. Even men with records are able to get jobs. He got to start from somewhere. You cannot carry him as one of your kids. That's just not what it is. That's not what it's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jess, I can't believe I'm even saying this, but I'm very much attracted to my sister in law.
Speaker 3: Wait a mint, and what the hell is going on? Oh?
Speaker 4: I can't even believe I'm saying this. I can't believe you feel that way with that fire All right, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Me and my fiance have been together for almost sixty years now. I'm thirty years old, in my fiance is thirty one. Don't get me wrong. I love my girl and I want to be with her. I don't know where these feelings for my sister in law came from, but here we are. This certain law has always been around and me and her are real close because we bonded over smoking. Even showed her how to roll her first blunt. She ended up moving to Virginia last year because her husband is in the military and got stationed out there. She came back here to Arizona after being going for about seven months. She started for like two months, and I didn't even I didn't get the feelings until like two days before she was about to leave. I always thought she looked good, but never looked at her in the way I do now. We have been texting every day since she has left and went back to Virginia. Nothing crazy, just TikTok videos and talk about random shit. I would never tell her how I feel because I don't want her sister my fiance to find out and wanted want to mess up our close relationship either.
Speaker 4: Well, if you got damn wife listened to ca't Fley reckless baby, you'll be divorced by them all.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do. You ever, just think sometimes you ended up with the wrong sister.
Speaker 3: Oh god, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: The sister in law is ambitious, sexy, and a hustler. My fiance, on the other hand, isn't too ambitious. I think that's the reason I'm so attracted to my sister in waw help me out, give me some advice on what I should do here?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what is the matter with you?
Speaker 4: You already married to the system, be married yet you're not married yet?
Speaker 3: Talking about no they ain't married yet? Girl would still hope?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, Okay, Now I'm not even gonna lie negger like I've never been in this situation, but not the same.
Speaker 3: Not not mess with the wrong brother, no, but the friend.
Speaker 4: Like you know how you be like, damn, I gonna mess with the wrong friend because you jumping out. They are early in shaite. You see this nigga drive like you cute, He got his head on straight. And then you see another nigga got his head on a little straight. You be like this onn boy, Damn, I made a choice. She was quick, all right. So I've been in that situation before, however I did not act on it.
Speaker 3: But this is even worse because these are siblings. Bookie, the fuck? What the fuck is wrong with you?
Speaker 4: Your fiance is going to be mighty pissed with you.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: You said you didn't want to sell the sister. How you feel do you think the sister feels the same about you. That's something that you didn't let me know. And then I'm bonding over smoking baby, I even sort of how to roll her first blunt.
Speaker 3: What the hell is yo? That is crazy? That is so crazy to me.
Speaker 4: It's a little childish, you know, y'all bonding over being high and shit, that's crazy. But you said there are certain things that you do like about her, her ambition and so on and so forth. Are you insinuating that your fiance does not have ambition, she does not have like goals and you know, potential success? Is that what she lacks? Because I'm trying to figure out how you are more into her sister? And then you said at first you wasn't you know, did the we do all that like make you attract this her two days before she left? And then honestly, I don't think it's just innocent tiktoks and random shit that y'all was speaking about. If you feel this strongly about her, and if you're writing me about her, it has to what you think, Taylor, I feel like it's it's definitely more.
Speaker 3: Don't get to Hay, just answer, and that's it.
Speaker 2: I think this sister likes him too, because why are you talking to my fiancees like y'all too close to talking?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, do you believe they don't they did anything. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't just jump ahead and say like, yeah, they've had sex, but I do believe that they've probably had conversations about it lightly or they have mentioned, oh, if I could be with you, this will happen if you weren't dating my sister, or I wish things were different those type of situations, as innocent as they could probably get it without crossing that line of physical intimacy or whatever.
Speaker 3: But I but what was the question again? How do I go about it? Or what the hell? Because what do you do? Well?
Speaker 4: The whole family knows you, so say if you do act like you in the movie, because they do the shit in the movies, they'll leave what they wit and go with who that heart lies with the family gonna hate your ass, favel because if this is your fiance the sister, you've met her family already, and they'll hate the sister and they'll hate you. They're gonna be looking at you off and the rest of you all lives like these clown ways holes. You know what I'm saying, They're gonna look at y'all real crazy. And then think about the heartbreak that the sister would feel, that your future wife would feel and you tal much y'all wanted to find out. This is a big secret that you would be keeping from her. I have no idea how this will play out for you, but I do think both of your asses need to be put on blast. And I'm sorry you are very wrong, and you should go about it by first sitting down with your fiance, telling your fiance how you feel. I know he probably listening to this shit like bitch, I would never go sit down with my but I think you should because this feeling is not gonna go away. And then you let her sister and then you talk to the sister like, well, I told her so where sol? And for some reason, I don't know if the sister will be with him though.
Speaker 3: I just think it's or the.
Speaker 2: Sister could be trapping the fiance like see, I told you he need shit, nigga.
Speaker 4: M If they play a little games like that and my baby drop, I'm hungry, I'm pregnant the baby.
Speaker 3: If they playing little games like that, bitch.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna lie. I would do that, sho, I ain't gonna lie. Uh my sister, I would cry lad on thinking everything. They'll be like, I got you. But that's why you not if they really doing that's all petty. That shit that I did in my early twenties, late teen, It's like, no, we're not doing that just is somebody's life. Y'all planning on walking down the aisle, be real with your wife. Sarpy can get you do any and everything. Tom he was all wounds. I don't know about this one, but buddy, you gotta be honest with the one that you're walking down the aisle with because when y'all exchange those vows, y'all are best friends. You're making a commitment, like you gotta be honest, and sometimes honesty definitely pierces, like it hurts. But Tom hells all wounds, and I think that she would respect your honesty. She probably want to beat the hell out of her sister and push back the wedding, if not break up with your ass. But at least you got your truth out because if you don't tell her, i'mna tell him.
Speaker 3: So we got we got his name. His name is Jeremy.
Speaker 4: Jeremy Jeremy Taylor Jeremy. Like I said, I will find your wife, your fiance and tell her. If you don't tell them, giving you two weeks, get back with me, update me.
Speaker 3: Love you.
Speaker 4: I am a seventeen year old woman who lives in Nigeria. I was born in the US, but I am from Congo and have spent most of my life living in Africa. I'm in the serious need of your help. Oh wait a minute, is this about some money, because I don't. Oh well, okay, girl, Well you start off like that and be like I'm in serious need of your help.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh no, no, no, no, okay, Okay.
Speaker 4: My dad is cheating on my mom, who is currently in North America trying to find a job so we can finance me going to university. Okay, this is not the first time my father has been unfaithful. Once my mom packed her bags and threatened to leave, he begged her on his dusty as.
Speaker 3: Knees not to go. I know it's right.
Speaker 4: I had to carry her thirty pounds suitcases up the stairs when she decided to stay, and I was only twelve. Okay, the same thing happened about two years later, but this time she went back to Cameroon, threatened to divorce him, but was magically cooking his favorite meal in the kitchen two months later.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see what are we going? Okay?
Speaker 4: My dad's infidelity has been a consistent issue in their marriage, and I know my mom will not leave him. He's a good father most of the time, and I could care less if they are together or not, because I honestly think they're better parents when they are apart. About two years ago, when we were moving to a new city in Nigeria, we lived alone with my dad. I had to do all the motherly duties which I am used to modern slavery type things. Girl, okay, okay, baby.
Speaker 3: He was cheating then too.
Speaker 4: I found condoms in the trash can and he was coming late every night. I decided to mind my own business as I had my own shit to deal with, and honestly, I was hoping my mother was doing her thing as well. This time is different, as I am too soon to leave the house and I can't have my brother having to pick.
Speaker 3: Up after my sloppy, horny father. I'm sorry, I do not mean to laugh.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to figure out what is the problem, like you know what I'm saying, Like, okay, because it seems like more of a venting session. But I got you, baby. I'm gonna keep on because it's about four more progress, all right. He is so disrespectful and does not even have the decency to cover his tracks. He bought cheap ass condoms when we went grocery shopping and thought he was slick, making me go get salad while he quickly paid for it. We are a carnivorous family. Yeah, okay, girl, so do everybody else. I don't have to You don't have to say we are a carnivorous family. Oh, let me finish. Nobody in this bitch eats salads. Oh a girl. I'm like, all right, but you did, and I have to say we're not. We are a carnivorous family. Like girl, okay, so technical, I know she going to college. Okay, nobody in this bitch salas. Later that night, he gave me the receipts to throw away and I saw condoms written at the top of the receipt. His first chaps were his priority before our school snacks. He has come home twice with dirty cheats that have wet spots on them. Dirty draws, you mean that have wet spots on them, and he asked me to put them in the washing machine so it can be ready for the next bitch. STDs still exist, They certainly did. I am not an idiot. I am not one of the boys, so I don't know why he thinks it's okay to be so oblivious with his adultery. I don't want to tell my mom, as she won't leave him, and she is just going to be stressed out on the other side of the world, all right, because your mom is in North America and your dad is somewhere else. Okay, this is none of my business, so so what the fuck is you telling me for?
Speaker 3: But I am.
Speaker 4: Already stressed out with school and teenager shit, so him adding this to my plate is rev I already think men are trash, and he is just reinforcing that narrative for me. If I don't sell my mom, I also fear bad karma might come to me. But I also feel as though telling her selfish of me, as it would just relieve my guilt.
Speaker 3: Hmm. I need help.
Speaker 4: My friends ain't shit, respectfully, damn and I go to a predominantly white school, so I could barely afford my scholarship.
Speaker 3: The counselors and teachers there are no use. Girl.
Speaker 4: You did a good job of making your life sound like the most shittiest of all shit lives in the world.
Speaker 3: Honey, Like, let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say we all have a cheating father, because you know, I don't know about everybody, but yes, I had a cheating father. And the reason why I say, hey, it is because he's not a cheater anymore. My mom end up getting the strength to leave after just you know, after many, many, many affairs or whatever. But like your mom will get the strength to leave. I do understand. I thought the same thing about my mom at first. You know, my mother gonna listen to this, like bitch. First of all, don't try, you know, But yeah, I think that, you know, every woman has a breaking point. And who's to say that your mom is not doing her, you know, but still in love with your father, you know what I'm saying. Who's to say that your dad is not in love with his wife but he's still doing him, you know what I'm saying. And who's to say that This is not this comes from. This is deeply rooted. You get what I'm saying, Like this is like generational although men at a certain age, man you should know right for wrong. You got a woman that's down for you. You got a wife. You cannot cheat on her. That's just how some men are wired. You get what I'm saying. As far as you complaining about all the things you had to do for your mom, I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it. But you are a child just like she a mother. You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You're talking about carrying thirty pounds bags up to the Listen. Let me tell you something right now, my son is twelve years old. I ain't lifting shit around that little bit. You understand. Yeah, so we gonna carry thirty forty fifty pound bags for me too. I get it, I understand. But I'm gonna let you know. You do sound like a bread a little bit, you know what I mean. Because they still trying to figure out how they can pay for you to get to school, to get through school.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 4: Your friends ain't shit. Get rid of them, make some new ones. You understand what I'm saying. Everything you told me is solvable. Everything you sold me is solvable. It just seems like the only real, real, real issue. And I'm not discrediting you for anything that you're going through, but the real issue is that you really really have a herding bone from your dad, like and I think that that should result to therapy whenever you're ready. I know you probably like, hell no, because you fed up with him. You only got one mom. He cheating on her bench, cheating on her. She ain't strong enough to leave, what have you?
Speaker 3: Whatever?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, I understand, But you can clearly learn not to be that woman from your mom. But we don't know what all she dealing with either. Do you talk to your mom? Do you see what else she going through? All this moving back and forth and shit, trying to be a mom, trying to provide, still trying to be a wife. At the end of the day, you said she was cooking his favorite meal two months after catching them cheating. Trusting me, I get all of that shit. I've seen it myself, so I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 4: Figure out how to get a job as well. Like you know what I'm saying, You got teenage shit going on, Go get yourself a job. You know what I mean, because at some point, if we see we can't rely on our parents, we got to make it happen for ourselves. We can't sit in sulk in misery. You understand what I'm saying, So fuck all that teenage shit. I understand, I understand. But if you got people that ain't shit, drop them. You're still young. You got a lot of life to live. Go get you a job, help your parents put you through school, Help your mother put you through school. I guarantee you won't regret it, because this is your future. It ain't theirs, it's yours.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Sometimes as kids, we feel very entitled, you know, and we always say things, you know, we always feel that our parents should be doing this or should be doing that, And no, it's my parents' job, all right. If they ain't doing it, who's gonna do it? You?
Speaker 3: So get yourself together. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Figure out exactly what you need to do to man that relationship with your father, you know what I mean. And it has to be a two player game. It can't be just you. It don't even seem like it's gonna be just you. You know what I'm saying. Now, I will say him putting you through shit, like giving you a receipt where you did see that condoms were on there, or him making you go buy salad even though y'all be eating meat and shit, you know what I mean, just so you wouldn't see him by the condoms and shit, or him making you wash his dirty drawers and shit and all of that type of shit. These are the things that you can bring up to him. You get what I'm saying. You got to bring this type of shit up, whether you do it in a therapy session, whether you do it in a conversation with just you and your dad, or whatever. You know, But I just want, I want, I need y'all to get past that hump one day in your life, because just like you get one mom, you got one Dad.
Speaker 1: Once again, thank you for tuning into the Black Effect Podcast Network. See you in twenty twenty five for more great moments from your favorite podcast