Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and and he Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 3: Protests here in Minneapolis are peaceful. We had I don't know, ten thousand or so people that were protesting and marching yesterday, and virtually all of it was very peaceful expression of First Amendment rights.
Speaker 2: You're you're back, You're back, You're back.
Speaker 1: Yes, Mayor Fry explaining how everything's peaceful and fine, and then natural sound from the streets where chaos and anger and violence was raining. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't like the direction this stuff is going.
Speaker 4: Uh, and don't you assume it's going to get worse than there's going to be more of these, That's what I I.
Speaker 1: Don't see anything that would indicate otherwise.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I wish I had the name of who tweeted this out pretty good. I'm sorry, I can't give you your name, whoever tweeted this. I'm a mother, so I'm going to comment right now. I will say this exactly the way a mother thinks it raw, direct and without pretending this is complicated. A thirty seven year old woman, three kids, middle of a work week. The father of those children is dead. She's the only parent left. The one job she has above every cause, every protest, every headline is getting home door kids.
Speaker 2: What's she doing instead? She's out of state.
Speaker 4: Other reports claim she lives there in the street, inner car, blocking federal agents who are doing their job.
Speaker 2: Not alone.
Speaker 4: Her partner is right there filming her like this is some brave little documentary moment around them, sirens blaring, people yelling, pure chaos, manufactured chaos so agents can't do their lawful job.
Speaker 2: Her window is down.
Speaker 4: She hears the orders, she understands the orders, She ignores the orders. She then puts the car in reverse, still doesn't comply. Then she puts it in drive, not park. She moves forward into the agent. That's not confusion, that's not panic. That's decision after decision after decision. Now put yourself in the agent's shoes for half a second. A driver is already in an unlawful act, refusing commands in a hostile, chaotic, loud scene, and now the driver uses a vehicle to move toward you. You gotta split second. You don't get the luxury of maybe she's just stressed. You have to assume the worst. You have to think of protecting other people, like the partner at the window, because if you assume the best and you're wrong, you don't get to go home, or someone else doesn't get to go home. So the agent fires after she makes an intentional and aggressive move toward him, because he has no idea what her intentions are, and she just demonstrated she's willing to escalate. Now, imagine her three kids at school, sitting there like any other day, not knowing their mother is out playing street hero games for criminals in the middle of a work week, with the two adults responsible for them. She didn't think about them. She didn't think if I get arrested, who picks my babies up? She didn't think if I get hurt, who raises them. She didn't think if I die, they'd have nobody. She thought about protecting the criminals. I guess she's talking about the illegals in this case. Yeah, she thought about interfering with federal agents. She thought about the cameras, She thought about the crowd, She thought about the moment. There's no amount of evidence, money, tears on TV or news spin that can make this make sense as a mother, nothing about this makes sense.
Speaker 1: Well, and she left out the smug glee that both the dead woman and her partner were showing how much they were enjoying all of it. Oh yeah, man speaks really to the psychology and the lack of grounding in reality their activities.
Speaker 2: They're LARPing, they're live action role playing. The grounding and reality is right.
Speaker 4: The way her partner is asking, come on, big boy, you better get a sandwich.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be here a while.
Speaker 4: That is never the way you should be dealing with people who have guns and the ability to kill you if things go sideways. I mean, no smart person does that. I mean, go back and watch the Civil rights era. People who are up against you know, authority, bad authority. In this case, they didn't talk that way, and they talked in measured tones about their what they're trying to accomplish, and why they were on the right side.
Speaker 2: You don't do that, Hey, big boy, you better get yourself a lunch. You're gonna be here a while.
Speaker 1: That's you better feed that German shepherd if he's gonna come and bite me.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't hear. No, that's a dumb way to handle this. Situation.
Speaker 4: Back to this briefly, as a mother, nothing about this makes sense at minimum machine where actions could get her arrested at minimum, and she still chose it. She chose strangers, she chose chaos, she chose lawlessness. I agree, man, what kind of belief do you haven't a cause where you're willing to go to that length where well, I might spend the next couple of days in jail at like best when I got a couple of kids, though.
Speaker 2: How am I going to live my life?
Speaker 5: This is nuts?
Speaker 2: Who does that? Hardcore activists?
Speaker 1: You're weird. Just because your hardcore doesn't mean you're right. I think it's worth throwing in this from the extremely reasonable definitely not very trumpy, Sarah is ger I thought this was important forty six please, Michael.
Speaker 6: Fifteen percent or so of in the line deaths are caused by cars. Every officer is trained to avoid the danger of a vehicle. There's no question you shouldn't have been in front of that vehicle at that time. But the Supreme Court has also said we look to the totality of circumstances, including the fact that in that moment he was in front of the vehicle, as that vehicle is moving so legally. I think it is a relatively clear case once it gets to federal court.
Speaker 4: Wow of assault with a deadly weapon, Yeah, yeah. And the whole she's there to support criminals. There's people being drug off by ICE agents and situations that I don't find good. I mean, originally when this whole started, the thing started, it was the idea of we got a bunch of rapists and murderers and all kinds of law breakers here, gang bangers, gang bangers, that we need to get out of the country here illegally. Almost everybody's for that, and then it comes down to are we going to arrest people who their only crime is there here illegally? Some of you agree, Man, that gets that gets pretty ugly pretty fast, since we've baked it into our societies so much over so many decades.
Speaker 1: Well, and as we've discussed earlier in the show, to do it with maximum confrontation and abrasiveness, as opposed to, you know, President Joe Getty would say, all right, let's accomplish this with as little like stirring up resistance as we can. Let's do this quietly and in a dignified way, because that way we'll be more effective. But instead and the Trump administration, Trump himself likes to whip things up.
Speaker 2: He enjoys that.
Speaker 4: But man, not helping the whole activist crowd thing that, you know, kind of old joke that we do on the right of You know, we all can't protest because we all have jobs or kids to raise. We don't have time to go down there and do that. Here's somebody who has kids to raise, had things to do. I can't even imagine. I got so many.
Speaker 2: Things to do with a couple of kids today in my job. I know what I'll do.
Speaker 4: I'll go put myself in a position where I'm likely to get arrested and have to go through that whole hassle. I mean another state, so I'm a long way away from my family anyway.
Speaker 2: Who good does that?
Speaker 1: You know, your point about the civil rights movement and how you never saw that sort of smugness and taunting and all. That's because I think that goes back to the whole question of LARPing. They were playing the brave revolutionary, but on their face it wasn't like a give me liberty or give me death sort of transcendent courage. It was that they the two gals, thought they won't do anything. Right, we get to do this all day long and nobody will ever do anything, so we can have it both ways.
Speaker 2: You know what. It like the brave campus revolutionaries.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of, on a much stupider level, the people who taught athletes at games because they think they can't do anything to me. So I can say absolutely anything I want to this guy russe celebrities. I can say anything I want because they can't and pretend that I'm such a tough guy. I'll get in the face of a six foot four inch two hundred and forty pounds linebacker and telling me sucks at his job because I'm sitting here safe.
Speaker 2: He can't do anything. Yeah, yeah, you're right. It's similar week. It's a week it is. Indeed, we need more community organizers.
Speaker 4: Remember Barack Obama was that, and a lot of people would make jokes about that. We need more organizing in communities for causes and laws and legislation, the slow process of the way a democracy works. You don't like our immigration laws or the way things are. You got to organize. You got to get this all together. You got to vote, You got to vote people in who believe the same way, and over time you win the issue. Not I'm going to park my car in front of the agents so they can't do it and then.
Speaker 2: Berate them, right.
Speaker 1: Or or I mean, my god, at least you know it's misguided, it's stupid, it's dangerous, and it interferes with law enforcement. But at least it's not like the hashtag active some of the keyboard warrior who doesn't.
Speaker 2: Do anything or risk anything.
Speaker 1: But everybody is so desperate for a purpose for their lives. And this is absolutely and everybody knows this related to the going away of civic organizations and family, well, religion and family more than anything. If you don't have those things going for you're desperate for a purpose for your life, so you go find one and radicalize yourself, like the kids who end up shooting people. Talked about that at fear length. The fact that this gal had three kids.
Speaker 2: I think it was.
Speaker 1: By you know, a handful of different relationships. It doesn't matter, you know, life has its ups and downs. But the fact that she was still looking for a purpose in her life, and that purpose was I'm a radical lefty activist.
Speaker 2: You're right, it.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter her situation with kids and a couple of dudes she married then became a lesbian, married a woman, or the fact that she's a poet.
Speaker 2: None of that matters.
Speaker 4: But if the media is gonna every single time they mention her name, say a mother of three, Okay, you're playing the game.
Speaker 2: You're trying to.
Speaker 4: Get sympathy out of this, Well, then I get to fill in some of the holes that make it not as sympathetic. Why do we leave it out because it's irrelevant. It's not relevant to whether whether or not the thrice married lesbian poets. Right, I don't think that's fair. But if you're gonna go with the mother of three, okay, you.
Speaker 1: Start magicling man, the little league coach, you started this game, or we could.
Speaker 2: Just leave it out because I don't get to.
Speaker 4: Shoot you just for no reason, no matter what, no matter how many marriages you have, whether you like poetry or not. You know what, I'm roilling to grant my favorite lesbian poets a couple of marriages, But once they hit that third one, I'm through with you.
Speaker 2: That's enough. You've tired me out, You've lost all gravitas.
Speaker 4: Sure, any thoughts on this text line four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 1: Mayor Mom Donnie appointed in New York City's first lesbian, first ever lesbian fire chief. Finally they figured out a way to beat the cops at softball.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Gutfeld's on the triggeronometry podcast, if anybody's familiar with that, talking about how many times they tried to cancel him and he finally just decided to do whatever he wanted and that's when he got mostly successful. But I might listen to that because he's an interesting story in terms of his show becoming popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just came across this from Gallup Pole.
Speaker 2: This is pretty big. Gallup Pole shows that.
Speaker 4: Now almost half we're just on the cusp of half of Americans now identify as independent, not wanting to be called a Republican or a Democrat. The two parties are in a dead eight at twenty seven percent each. Half the countries like I don't want to be have my name attached with either one of those places.
Speaker 1: If I were to design a test case for the duopoly, that is the Democrats and Republicans in Washington, well across their whole country, practically this would be it. Let's make them less and less and less popular and see if anything new emerges, or if they can just hold on to power through the means that you know we've been talking about for a long time. I mean, wouldn't you think if it were like soft drinks or burger joints or.
Speaker 2: Virtually anything that, or even like freaking.
Speaker 1: Libraries, if you had a couple of them and they both sucked and nobody liked them, well, relatively speaking, nobody, wouldn't something new emerge in virtually every market.
Speaker 4: Well, let's stick with the library. Then can we do restaurants just because library? There's two restaurants. Yeah, half of people don't like either restaurant, but there are only two restaurants, and I do prefer one of the restaurants way more than the other restaurant.
Speaker 2: Sure, that's what the situation is.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, but no, no, no, I am slapping the meal of ignorance out of your.
Speaker 2: Hands as you attempted. I was enjoying the metaphor anyway.
Speaker 1: But here's the here's my question, here's what I'm driving in. I probably did it poorly, So you have that level of dissatisfaction with the two restaurants. Yet those two restaurants have a way to prevent any third restaurants.
Speaker 4: Yah, I'm making the assumption that there will not be more than two restaurants because that's just the way it is.
Speaker 1: How come that's just the way it is doesn't work? I mean, how.
Speaker 4: They worked the zoning laws or something like the way Republicans and Democrats have worked the congressional seats to where they guarantee something like ninety percent of them will stay in the hands of the hours of these and they fight over a tiny a portion of the others.
Speaker 1: And the exhausting laws for getting on the ballot in a lot of places. Yeah, those are both excellent places. Yeah, that's what I was driving at. Let's talk a little bit about the mechanisms they used to ensure that they're two sucky sucky parties continue in power.
Speaker 4: And I guess the part where we put up with it is that we call ourselves independence a lot of us because we don't want to be attached to the party. But I'm still gonna mostly vote that party because when it comes down to a binary choice, are you freaking getting me?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take to the streets and start blocking the vehicles of law enforcement.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not gonna do that because that's effing stupid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well so, I don't know, But the smart people should spend time talking about what legislative reform could happen, or structural reform of some sort, because if you've got half the country that doesn't want to call itself either party, there should be a way to get a new restaurant. We shouldn't be choosing for the rest of our lives between fish and chicken because they rigged the system.
Speaker 2: If some of us want hamburgers, yes, and we do.
Speaker 1: Uh So, coming up, the Supreme Court is soon to unleash what I pray will be the bud. He's a dude ruling about transgender people in sports, the band of Famous, But that's a penis ruling.
Speaker 2: He's a dude doctrine.
Speaker 1: But when we come back from break, looking forward to this, a progressive congress person.
Speaker 2: Runs into the head of Customs.
Speaker 1: And Border Patrol in the Capitol and wants to have an argument about illegal immigration, and we'll have that jazzy back and.
Speaker 2: Forth for you and that Supreme Court. Things could be a big deal. Huh So, anybody got any brilliant thoughts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it will absolutely and if it's not, I will be bitterly, bitterly disappointed. Does anybody have any brilliant thoughts on ending the duopoly of those two crappy restaurants? Male bag at Armstrong in geeddy dot com is the email address to think about it? Noodle it through? What to do about it? How do they ensure it? How do they keep it going? Whatever you want? Mail Bag at Armstrong in getty dot com.
Speaker 4: We need to get new zoning laws. We can get a burger joint up in here. That's what we need. Please, Oh my, hey, lots on the way. I hope you can stay.
Speaker 2: Here Armstrong and getdy.
Speaker 4: Elon just put out a really weird video on his twitter feed.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about that at some point.
Speaker 1: I kind of miss Elon, the wackydoodle provocateur. I mean, the tech giant is really interesting. The political crusader was an interesting chapter in his life, but I miss him just being the troll.
Speaker 4: Well, this is pretty provocative, suggesting boy, some sort of robot human romance thing is.
Speaker 2: A good idea. Oh boy, why don't we try it out on you first? You want? Huh? Thanks, get ready and they can wear it fast. Aim into that.
Speaker 1: So apparently in the Capitol the other day, congress Lady Sandra Feist too, where do we decide she's from Katie, Minnesota represents? Oh that's right, of course, yeah, yeah, appropriately enough. Who's at least feigning being fired up about the recent to uglandess ran into Dan Bovino?
Speaker 2: Is it Dan?
Speaker 1: I think so sorry, I'm addled with flu. I just got the flu shot and I feel kind of funky. But anyway, and ran into him and they started arguing about the immigration situation in general and the Minnesota deal and the rest of it. And I think it's kind of instructive for where people are in their opinions. But let's start with sixty four Michael, and we'll go from there.
Speaker 7: Why are you not arrested in criminals? Why are so few of the people that you have rousted and routine and reported people with the records.
Speaker 8: They're all from. They've almost the border illegally eighteen USC thirteen twenty five illegal entry.
Speaker 2: That's a federal Yes, that's so considered fule immigration enforcement.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fun. You know, we can talk about that if you want. She got a bit of a voice to her, doesn't she? And it's Greg Bovino. Thank you for the clarification. Go on, folks, double digit drops and grime?
Speaker 8: You look have you looked at your statistics you don't care about for the last since we've been connecting kind of Yes, double digit drops and grime correlation not causation.
Speaker 2: When way there that does cause that? Well, I don't know, I saw, you don't know if the time was who is a stander?
Speaker 8: Don't drive a two thousand pounds missing and an ice agent. You won't have an outbum that you don't agree with represented.
Speaker 1: So I you know, I'm prejudiced because I agree with him, and I knew going in I would. But saying she was a bystander is brutally dishonest.
Speaker 2: I would say she was obviously a participant. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: A corollary to the Getty law that people don't make terrible arguments because they're really really good arguments are in the shower, or they're saving them for tomorrow. They make them because that's all they got. Well, the tangent to that would be people don't resist, don't resort, rather to ridiculously dishonest characterizations of a situation, because you know, just that they forgot what the honest characterization is.
Speaker 2: They do it because they have to.
Speaker 1: That's the only way they can make their point, or they that's the only hope they have to make their point successfully.
Speaker 2: Rolling on not that second Amendment.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know if you heard, but we had a shooting in a school here in Minnesota recently, and this second Amendment, Well, I think that if we had some common sense gun but gun violence.
Speaker 8: Sense you well, yes, yes, exactly, And I think that's definitely the problem there. When you use that violent rhetoric around children. Yeah, i'd say that you probably are not exercising a lot on them since their.
Speaker 7: Representatives really well, all i've seen here in Minnesota is people dying and feeding.
Speaker 2: Children about the lives that are saved by guns. You don't talk about that yet. So is this one of those rorshot tests?
Speaker 4: If some of my progressive friends were listening to this, would she would they think she's owning him, because to me, it seems like she sounds like an idiot.
Speaker 2: He's making sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like an unhappy teenager arguing with a very serious adult. And I almost I wish This wasn't edited quite so heavily because I'd like to hear more context. Go ahead, Katie.
Speaker 2: So the parts of.
Speaker 9: It that I have cut out are long pauses where every time that he says something and makes a clear point, she goes silent, silent and pulls her phone out and is like violently texting.
Speaker 2: So there was something.
Speaker 9: I don't know if she was looking stuff up, but she was trying to get something going on her phone, because she would shut down and go straight into our phone for probably a minute and then come back at him.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, interesting next clip. The end all is get rid of guns. People don't die. It's fentanyl is still killing people in Minnesota. Just wondering because it's illegal.
Speaker 8: Because it's illegal the government, we don't hand out fentanyl.
Speaker 4: It's fentanel killing people in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: See see see.
Speaker 10: This is where this is where, this is where you need to count at ten.
Speaker 2: Too easy.
Speaker 1: She says this is dumb and walks away, his point being there are laws against fentanyl like crazy, but people still get them and it kills people and the rest of it. More laws won't work well and again, and we've made this point before, but I think it's worth making again.
Speaker 2: When you get gun laws passed, the left.
Speaker 1: Refuses to enforce them because they're disproportionately forced, enforced against people of color, and they refuse any enhancement for the use of a gun or whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: If I'm on the left, I would look around me and say, hey, guys, guys, I've realized a problem we've got.
Speaker 2: I don't get the self delusion. I truly don't. You remember when.
Speaker 1: Republicans and Democrats overlapped like eighty percent?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good times. Yeah, h.
Speaker 4: The funny mechanism exacerbates it.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, oh yeah, one hundred percent. You know, it's funny. I was pulled the other day by Emerson College. I mentioned this on the air and they asked one of the questions, and you know what I should have done, screen captures of all of them. It didn't occur to me at the time. What a numskull I am. But one of the questions was one of the areas and they asked several questions about this is what are the greatest threats to our democracy? First of all, do you believe our democracy is not threatened? Slightly threatened? Someone threatened very threatened, or it's already over in Hitler's in the White House. And I was somewhere kind of middling that. Yeah, it's under stress, definitely. And they had like six or seven choices what do you think is the biggest threat to our democracy?
Speaker 2: And one of the choices.
Speaker 1: Or what's the most important thing that could be done to help our democracy? And some of the choices were about gerrymandering. They obviously wanted to know about some of the gerrymandering that's been going on and what my opinion was of that, and other folks opinions. But one of the choices was repeal Citizens United. It makes Supreme Court case about can corporations donate to political campaigns or packs or whatever? And I thought, oh my god, if you still think Citizens United is that's why money has perverted politics? You know, the two thousand and three just called and wants it's analysis back. I mean, come on, it's small donations from individuals, ay cut her. I'm Ford motor companies a hell of a lot more steady going and reliable than the average you know American who gets whipped up for ten minutes and it hits the send button. Yeah, exactly, this is so dumb and walks away. I'm gonna do that more in my life. Yeah, this is dumb.
Speaker 2: I run into that a lot.
Speaker 4: So the flu shot made you feel sick, You didn't feel like you got the flu.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Yeah, yeah, mostly I'm just exhausted. But my body has mounted an immune response. It's a good sign. I got a good vital immune system. It's ready to go, come on, bringing on diseases.
Speaker 4: How often does the flu vaccine make people fluish? Most of the time, pretty frequently.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: My blushing bride got it a few weeks ago and she felt nothing. Of course, you know, does have the immune system of I like a bull moose.
Speaker 4: Well, so you're portraying it. So it's a good thing. If you get sick, that means it's working.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and if you don't, necessarily bad thing if you don't get much of a reaction. But yeah, the reason you have a reaction is your body says, oh a pathogen yes, and fires up its responses. The idea being, if it comes to you for real, it's already got a standing army. Your body's already has id'ed the enemy and is ready to fight. It, so, Yeah, it's fine, little extra strength islon Allen, I'm back in the game.
Speaker 4: You don't think they put a chip in here or something when you got the flu shot? Oh, I assume they didn't Mark of the Beast or something.
Speaker 2: Bill Gates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Satan working together hand in hand through Anthony Fauci exactly.
Speaker 2: And it all started on Epstein's island. That's right. That's a nice job. Jo tied it together.
Speaker 4: We had something we're gonna play coming back. Oh, a funny joke from last night making fun of you.
Speaker 1: Did you mention the Jew or were you implying that when you mentioned Epstein?
Speaker 2: I wasn't implying a Jews at all.
Speaker 1: But well, because you got to rope that into you're all encompassing. Oh, by the way, somebody burning down a synagogue in Mississippi or was it memphisis I think it wass Mississippi.
Speaker 2: If that was a mosque, that would be the biggest story in America. No kidding, no kid.
Speaker 1: Hell, hey, liberals, why are you so willingly cooperating? You call every freaking body a Nazi, and somebody's going after the Jews. Maybe that rings a bell and you're silent Oh my god.
Speaker 2: You people make me insane.
Speaker 4: The burning down a mosque would be yeah, present would have to give an Oval Office address.
Speaker 2: But no.
Speaker 1: Jews are targeted all across America and nothing happens.
Speaker 2: It disgusts me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't want anything to happen to any place of worship. But I thought it was interesting in my town that they now have a giant, very sturdy fence around the Jewish campus where they never had it before. Their house of worship and a couple other things they got there. And the decades I've lived there, you could just walk onto the campus and attend whatever you need to attend. Now there's a gate and you got to go you know somebody and they let you in.
Speaker 2: Everything like that.
Speaker 4: And just down the same street there's the mosque, And ain't it don't need no fence in a very progressive part of America. And I don't want any of them to need a fence, of course, not no, I think we see it absolutely gets your point. One of the funny jokes from Golden Globes last night, among other things, on the way we will finish.
Speaker 2: Strong, Army Strong.
Speaker 11: Hettie Seawan Penn is also here.
Speaker 1: Kai San.
Speaker 2: I love you, Sean.
Speaker 11: You're such an original. You know, everyone in this town is obsessed with looking younger, mean, while Sean Penn is like, what if I slowly morph into a sexy leather handbag And I feel.
Speaker 2: Like that's it's Hocks. It's good.
Speaker 11: Not only such an amazing but you're such a devoted humanitarian. I mean, I feel like a lot of actors talk the talk, but Sean Penn will actually go to the places in the world that need help the most, and he will do cocaine there, and I feel like we don't celebrate that at all. And Sean, I did get permission to tell that joke from your two best friends, Charlie Sheen and el Choppo, so they say, HI, blame.
Speaker 2: It on that. Wow. Wow, that's pretty amusing.
Speaker 1: Is Sean Penn in that controversial movie we've been talking?
Speaker 2: I think so. Yeah. It's a huge star power in that movie. Yeah yeah, goe. Battle after Another is the name of the movie.
Speaker 1: Good friend of the Armstrong you get he showing of mine personally said, you know, if you go in with it's really woke, then you'll see it that way.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Leo's terrific and Sean Penn is amazing and he's also from Sacramento, California, and says, I just really like seeing Sacramento with movies. Hmm, okay, because remember Leo DiCaprio filmed some big scenes guests downtown.
Speaker 2: Oh right, right, right right, yeah.
Speaker 4: So uh, I'm not I wish that woman hadn't been shot in the head and were dead in Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: I wish I hadn't gone that way, and.
Speaker 4: Especially because she's got a couple of kids, and then she's got that loud, loud mouth, long day wife of hers. If you've seen that video, jeez, you seem like a peach. Anyway, people started to go fund me for the wife and it's now a million and a half dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, there you go.
Speaker 4: That'll help with raising the kids, which she will need because I don't trust her judgment on a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Uh No, In fact, she terribly said I made her come down here, it's my fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But now she's got a million and a half dollars.
Speaker 1: Many, many people have been murdered for a million and a half dollars in shar It's policies.
Speaker 2: Uh, human history, whole Gunman.
Speaker 4: Go fundme thing is an interesting wrinkle in the modern world, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Oh please?
Speaker 4: I mean the the incredible justice sometimes that is done where something unfortunate happens to somebody, are really unfair. Usually, yeah, it happens to somebody and we all feel bad, and you know, go fund me gets going on for a couple of bucks. All of a sudden that person's taken care of. But then there's all kinds of people you hate. The last thing they should get is rewarded, and then I go fund me bails them out, and.
Speaker 1: America has become one big like weird jury where two people getting a screaming match in an airport. One of them gets docked and run out of their job and the other one gets rich. Eh so I hadn't heard it. Game show, a weird never ending game show.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about a post Elon made on his Twitter in the One More Thing podcast in which he's suggesting some sort of romance between humans and Tesla robots. You know that's his new thing now, is not the cars but the robots. Really that's interesting, can't be because he's big on human beings. The whole populate in Mars thing is to keep human human humans alive. Anyway, He's bred himself an army as well. Elon announced the other day. Well yeah, speaking of his kid, his thirteenth child, Elon announced the other day's filing for full custody of his one year old son because the things that the mom has said implying she might support transitioning the young boy.
Speaker 2: Oh kids won, And.
Speaker 4: So he's bringing all his legal and financial expertise to bear to try to get full custom to the kid. How horrifying would that be if you're in some sort of dispute with your cold parents and they want to transition your kid.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: It is now my incredible privilege to present final thoughts.
Speaker 11: With He's more armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump weighing in on our show. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show for the day. Why not Michael Angelo or technical director Michael what's your final thought?
Speaker 2: Yeah? My final thought was I don't know why.
Speaker 10: On January first, I'm supposed to have healthy eating. I forget about the NFL playoffs and stuff, and I eat very poorly during January, so I got to started on like March first.
Speaker 1: There you go, Yeah, it's more practical. Katie greenersteemed to use woman as a final thought.
Speaker 9: Katie, there's a new Katie's corner at Armstrong getty dot com. We have Swallwell acting like an idiot, the chief of Chicago Police standing with ice, and then China driverless delivery vans going rogue.
Speaker 2: Oh my good lord, Jack.
Speaker 4: Final thought for us, how awesome was that football over the weekend? How did the NFL get the sport dialed in the way they have to our Practically every game come down to the last play the fixes end.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. It's sure fun to watch tho.
Speaker 1: My final thought in our pre show meeting today, we're both excited to hear that there is audio about monkeys roaming the streets Saint Louis, and.
Speaker 2: Then we never got to it.
Speaker 1: We said we need more of that, and we never got to it. It's just a reminder to stop and smell the monkeys.
Speaker 4: Well, we are going to be cleaning out the sound fridge for the One More Thing podcast, so we'll get to that stuff.
Speaker 2: Then. Excellent, Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: So many people, thanks a little time. Go to Armstrong and Geeddy dot com. Not only do you have Katie's corner, you got dot lags, you got our email address mail bag at armstrong getdy dot com. You ought to be following us or subscribing to the podcast Armstrong and Getdy on demand.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: I hope this week's better than last week, or at least calmer than last week.
Speaker 2: We will see you will see tomorrow. God bless America. They meet every day.
Speaker 5: And talk about the way the world is going, astray, Jack and Joe who they nicked, and jokes for all your good folks, and.
Speaker 2: Podcasting for Lada in the Day. Jack and Joe subscribe to the podcast I'm Strong and Giddy on the Man