Speaker 1: He is drinks chests, motherfucking podcast man.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary queens rapper.
Speaker 1: He ain't s agreed. That is your boy in O r E.
Speaker 3: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer, one up as d J e f N.
Speaker 1: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And the most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk fast.
Speaker 5: Drink chants most every days New Year's c Listen, it's time for drink champs.
Speaker 1: Drink up mother? Would it good be? Hope? Hees what it should be.
Speaker 6: This is your boy n O r E. Usually is e f N here. He's sick today, so we we we so we we replaced it with the smoke Champs, But make some noise with drink Chopper.
Speaker 1: Right now. Who we got in the building is you know.
Speaker 6: We've been giving this tribute to loyal people, to people that's you know, that's bosses in their own rights for people that's legendary. This man, I've seen him when he used to buy five Nichols.
Speaker 1: Fly Fly came a long way.
Speaker 6: This motherfucker is a hustler's hustler. I see them film his own videos I've seen them record himself.
Speaker 1: I see them, you know, take sisser and put it on his back and go state to state, worldwide, do a mixtape. This motherfucker is a man's man.
Speaker 6: He's a legend, legend, and I personally want to start this interview off by giving him his flowers off.
Speaker 1: Goddamn time, Jones. We started this show.
Speaker 6: We wanted to give legends legends, they props, and we're gonna start it off.
Speaker 1: I'll giving you your actual flyers snoop dog things like a Grammy your people. Come on. Yes, that's right. Happy, Let's let's bring that cake out. Let's bring that cake out. Look at that takeout. That's how you know niggas. Niggas like with the cake out, we were gonna fast. You gotta looking crazy. So Jones, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: Happy birthday? Thank you.
Speaker 8: I appreciate the love. Yes, appreciate love. The wealthy years. We've been doing quite some time, man.
Speaker 1: Yes, so let's let's talk about the knockout. It is that your that's uh.
Speaker 8: One of the strands I got do business with a company called how Tolerance probably got the best weed in the world right now.
Speaker 9: They've been going hard but this is what I got. Knockout.
Speaker 8: I got like five six strands of it, different types of different different types of knockout and ship like that. Yeah, it's different types of all types of I'm running. You know, I've been smoking weight for a long time and feel good to have some good weed and do some good we business, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Right right?
Speaker 1: So how did you hook up with how tolerance?
Speaker 9: My man Snacks actually put that together for me.
Speaker 8: He built, He built the bridge snags in Big Bully shouts, the big shouts, the Big Bully shot Bully, Bully ohs in the middle of different things.
Speaker 9: So they bully of that, yeah vs. Trade songs.
Speaker 8: Big Bully, you know Big Bully's official original diplomat. Remember, like, like what you're seeing with all of them, that's just a reflection of him staring with us. I didn't know that Bully with me since he was a teenager. Oh, let me see that. Like, I'm a big Bully in Miami, you know I met Big Bully is crazy. If he's in Miami one of the Memorial Day weekends. You know how crazy used to be back in these Memorial Probably it's like ninety nine maybe when we had to sit there, okay, and then.
Speaker 1: What is that? This is months?
Speaker 8: I got it, I got I got it, I got it, I got And then I'm walking down the strip and I see big bully with a whole big cooler with man scissors, and then he's selling scissors for like two.
Speaker 1: Hundred dollars a bottle on a strip of Miami.
Speaker 9: I'm like, oh, now, your hustle is impeccable. I took his number. I sad, let me get your number, of young man. I like, got you doing? And I just kept him with me since then there make some books.
Speaker 1: Just bring over to you.
Speaker 8: I just I just did a cool little deal. I'm into the liquor business again again Corneac. We got champagne, all right, I got the Kansas champagne.
Speaker 1: Also, what's the champagne? Hold on?
Speaker 6: Because I'm a bust with Oh sexy ship, old ship as hot as a motherfucker, but as sexy. Yeah, let's drink weak cold. Yeah, a celebration. I'm just showing him in the business that I'm in.
Speaker 1: And what's jade as jadah j.
Speaker 5: On Friday?
Speaker 1: Someone is your doll that sells the water.
Speaker 10: And the cat.
Speaker 7: Stick with me?
Speaker 1: So check it because I remember I remember before you hold on because it's grasses, right. I don't like how you moving, Okay, okay, I don't like how you.
Speaker 10: Moving.
Speaker 1: Like how you moving.
Speaker 10: Was here.
Speaker 1: You got ye thank yeah, I go to bitsiness frames.
Speaker 9: I love you to death for that.
Speaker 1: Man, That's why I with you. But let me ask you.
Speaker 6: Okay, I remember, I remember you before you uh uh uh had the Scissor. You was going to people and getting burses from people.
Speaker 1: He was putting together a mixed take. Yet, so is this something you're gonna do with with this? Like that was the worst time I've ever seen a clicker be promoted to a mixtape.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna do the full on marketing the same way I was doing with Scissor, but it's a little bit more better now because you got I g got social media and we didn't have none of that, but we were doing the scissors. Now we got access to all that. So the marketing strategy is gonna be man. You deep, You're like, I come up from the era of the Saintan's era, when Snoop Dogg and all of them were doing all them Satan's commercials, the commercials we fell in love with the commercials that.
Speaker 9: Made us go to the store and buy Saint Ives.
Speaker 1: That's the whole thing that I'll be trying to do with the liquors that I get involved with, you know what I mean? So man, why you ain't bring the cake yet?
Speaker 7: The cake man?
Speaker 1: Come on, we're gonna sink that Cooper. Y'all your family and come on, bring them the cake, Jamie, bring the cake, No niggas, Happy birthday.
Speaker 9: Jim, Thank you, my brother.
Speaker 1: What you're doing this whole week You got a whole weekend.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you got a whole weekend.
Speaker 8: I gotta I gotta party in Exchange tonight because the birthday coming to twelve o'clock.
Speaker 1: Exchange, not the old mister Jones. Right, that's on. That's on the beach.
Speaker 8: Okay, and tomorrow I got an actual pop up concert uh skate park called skate Bird. I got a bunch of people perform especially from the crib. Shouts the ball, greasy, shout the top, Yeah, shouts the mellow racks, shouts to Zoe dollars, shouts to be money fat Joe, hit me, Mellie.
Speaker 9: It's a live don't forget me on the field. I was calling everybody know, all came together.
Speaker 8: Then after that do some booby trap and Sunday we got church. We're going to live baby, We're gonna go crazy in there.
Speaker 1: Mike Gardner, of course, Mike, God, it ain't nothing like a headline of Puss. That's my boy. Baby.
Speaker 6: Let me let me ask you because there's a rumor that the first time we ever got to see Game was in the Jim Jones video. Is that absolutely truth? So so game was signed? How did you how did you find out about Game?
Speaker 9: The homies was like, uh yo, you know, easy, he got a son.
Speaker 8: He'd be rapping bloody blood.
Speaker 9: He going crazy, like in New York. That's all he said.
Speaker 1: He got a son.
Speaker 8: Bro name is Games And then the game had the big easy Okay. So no, there's no social media and none of that. This South, We're thinking, oh, this is easy son. So I heard I had somebody find him like not an easy son, but you know, easy to guard out of there. I actually bring actually had Game and his best friend full Ben.
Speaker 9: I flew him from l A to New York.
Speaker 1: They first trip to New York, but that video you saw was in LA though. That was in LA.
Speaker 8: After we started having a reship and forming a brotherhood and things like that that I went to Uh, I went to Bompton to go shoot the Certified Gangster this video, which was the first video that people got to glint some.
Speaker 9: Game and I got in, but I didn't get in any trouble.
Speaker 1: I remember Doctor Dre was heard after math was a little heated.
Speaker 8: I heard Doctor d was, Oh yeah, held see that he tried to call the office and tell Cosh Records to have them take that video.
Speaker 9: Down or something like something something something, And.
Speaker 8: I'm good for still like still, but he said something to the fact that he didn't need to.
Speaker 1: He didn't want the video up.
Speaker 8: I guess very aggressively, and my respond was very aggressive, and the video stayed up, and people who got to see game and enjoy certified against us to this day.
Speaker 1: All right, because I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 6: Jim, you know you you're a homide. But I still had to do research like like a regular. You discovered a lot of ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I bet I had my hands on Soldier Boy on the Law. Yeah I was.
Speaker 9: I was Sodier Boy before Solacie Boy.
Speaker 1: I seen.
Speaker 8: I actually was that Soldier Boys first show in Atlanta when he was like, this kid is the phenomenon.
Speaker 9: He came up going.
Speaker 1: Superman. I don't know what this nigga he was doing.
Speaker 7: He was funny dancing and the he was like, he's.
Speaker 1: The next one.
Speaker 8: He had the big ass clothes on. Shouts to that boy. Man, he's very ahead of his time. But yeah, I mean I have my hands in a lot of people and helping a lot of people, even making them the right decisions for them to get to that successful point in their career.
Speaker 1: And things like that.
Speaker 8: Like I was, I was in the beginning of a lot of people's career. Shot said Kevin Gates.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 9: That's one of my that's one of my favorite stories of all times.
Speaker 1: Kevin Gate tell us the Kevin Gate story.
Speaker 8: Uh, I believe I got a call from was it Tash Cash Money? I think it was Tas and one of them called me like, yo, bird Man trying to sign his artist. His name is Kevin Gatesey just came home from jail. It's the biggest thing going in. Birdman trying to sign it. But we got one problem. He's not going to sign the Birdman unless he meets Jim Jones. I was like, what they was like yeah, man, he in the city right now. Can we bring him to you because Burrman needs to sign this artist. I'm like, yeah, tell him, pull up, Kevin Gates, pull up. He still had on the khakis, still looking like he was fresh out of jail.
Speaker 1: Got it in.
Speaker 8: I just felt his energy that you you you knew he was one of the us, that he came from the same places we came from, and things like that. We sat in there, did like five records that night. And after that, Cash Money got to do Bennis with Wow.
Speaker 1: I said, I never never that, So he's cat Money right now.
Speaker 9: That was like when his first did when he first came to the game. That was like one of his first situations was with cash Money.
Speaker 1: You can look it up. I never knew that.
Speaker 9: Of course, this is just for everybody. This was on the table.
Speaker 7: Our garar sal He got some flavor outside.
Speaker 1: Past. See you outside of your body. Let me get let me get pass off, smoke more and more money. That's you, right, how tolerance, that's your tolerance.
Speaker 8: That's my calling the many right there, that's that's mister hot Tea himself.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take it home. Yeah, yo, take that face off your man.
Speaker 9: Are you feeling my brother?
Speaker 7: Man, I appreciate you being there for me.
Speaker 1: Man, they're gonna get me back. I'll bet there with you.
Speaker 9: Swing Broke, I ain't going nowhere.
Speaker 1: Keep your on the gas.
Speaker 8: I'ma be waiting for you soon as you touch back. Nigg We're gonna do it different this time.
Speaker 7: Know you're hurt.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm focused, Broke, your brother focused, Man.
Speaker 8: That's all you need to be is focused, Nigga. I love you to definitely. Nothing gonna change. You've been doing this long. I ain't gonna stop now, my brother, you hurt.
Speaker 7: I know you've already been there for me.
Speaker 1: Man, I appreciate it. Man. Just keep you full on the gas, Manna tell puts your team. Man, they keep playing. I love you to death.
Speaker 7: I love you to death.
Speaker 8: Stroke Many, we're cool and we're cooling.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: It's cancer is cancer season, Nigga.
Speaker 1: You know what it is, Nigga.
Speaker 7: I said it's cancer season.
Speaker 1: Nigga. I'm just.
Speaker 7: Like you back your brother right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 11: Bro?
Speaker 1: We love your baby. Fixed Stroke. We smokeing. We're smoking knockout all day.
Speaker 4: We're gonna we're gonna knock ourselves out today with Jimmy Man, we love you bro.
Speaker 1: Shows. So what were you talking about before there saying.
Speaker 8: You're talking about different I was a soldier boy before, so you're talking about Kevin Gates.
Speaker 9: A lot of stories like that, like, uh, what's the dude that same Day and Night?
Speaker 1: Kick Cutty, you know how he was? How you got to start him?
Speaker 8: No, dudes wanted to direct the video for me at the time, and I was like, Ship, let me see some of the videos your director.
Speaker 9: So he came to my studio, played the video they directed.
Speaker 8: Video they directed was called it was Day and Night with Kik Cuddy and he was on the roof looking crazy.
Speaker 1: And ship like that.
Speaker 8: I'm like, I'll let you do the video if you'll tell his kid give me his beat so I could do the remix.
Speaker 1: I could remix his record.
Speaker 9: Whoa it was like it was so did the video remix the record? Just put it up on the internet.
Speaker 8: Somebody ripped it off the internet from high ninety seven and they started playing it at Hot ninety seven and that's how Kik cut They ended up getting this deal and they cut me out the deal because he was Uh. I forgot one of them, the Cassidy or a or a Rex and whatever, one of them one of them dudes and ship like that.
Speaker 1: That's one of your most played records, right.
Speaker 9: You did played that.
Speaker 6: Id because me outside looking in, I thought he had the deal.
Speaker 1: It was it was lit and then you I'm doing it that.
Speaker 9: He didn't have no deal. He was working in the he was working in the rock and roll store under Cotch Records.
Speaker 8: He was in nobody. He didn't he wasn't even think about a deal. He just was working on his craft and doing. He was working in a rock and roll store.
Speaker 1: He always was.
Speaker 8: I used to se him all the time, always with Slim Jean. He worked under Coatch. That's the craziest thing. He didn't know who he was. But I used to go in the store on bodies, bottle cap belts all the time and he used to help me out all the rock and roll clothes and.
Speaker 1: Ship like that.
Speaker 8: And then when they showed me the video, I'm like, I noticed kid, like he's working and I just did the video.
Speaker 1: I mean nothing, nobody he did like it.
Speaker 8: Just that was just that was the path that God had him, Like you were about to go on right now as soon as Jones do this record and after that out of here, I don't really getting too many things and like that, I'm.
Speaker 9: Cool with It's like that, I'm cool with.
Speaker 1: Another one is Meek.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 8: I was just happy to be a part in the very beginning when Meek was trying to get his deal and things like that.
Speaker 9: Damn what would meet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because remember he was signed the Tea out first, right.
Speaker 8: I don't remember him being signed to Tea, But I'm gonna tell you the story that I had with him.
Speaker 9: They was bringing him up to UH to the to my studio in man hand, like every week, like it was.
Speaker 8: I was seeing me a lot like just he was trying to find figure out, figure out what he was doing and shit like that. He was always coming up to New York and come to the studio and one day were just having a conversation and shit like that, and he was talking about I don't even know if he remembers this, I got this, I got this all on footage too, and shit like that. We was having a conversation and he was telling me about being a mister getting a deal and he got a lot of people offering them situations, labels and all that. So at that time, I was kind of in the midst of my way out of the music, like I was disgusted with it. I really didn't want to be involved with it. I didn't know where I was at, like, you know, for myself. So I was like, in my mind, I was like, I could never try to sign a person like Meek at that time and don't have a direction for myself and things like that.
Speaker 9: This's what I'm thinking eternally.
Speaker 8: So I was acting like, so who you got on the table and things like that, and I can't re all the labels, but I do remember he was like, and Rick Ross want to sign me too, And this is when Rick Ross was on Fire fire Ball Like what, I'm like, you said, Ross want to sign it. I'm like, you need to do the Ross situation, like go Ross and you ain't on turn back here on fire You're gonna come up.
Speaker 9: And next thing you know, he took you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: I mean, I just know the next I had that conversation and the next thing, you know, he ended up with that deal and took off.
Speaker 1: I'm a boss. I'm a boss. I'm a boss. I'm boss.
Speaker 6: I tell you, I tell you it's crazy about Meek mill One night we was in Prime one twelve oball places. I'm there with Fat Joe and Fat Joe access him. This is like when me was like just getting like to where he's supposed to be and Fat Joe asked him. He was like, y'all want you to do a record with my new artist. And he looked Fat Joe in his face and he said no. He said, I'll do a record with you, but I'm trying to be hold status.
Speaker 1: That was some cocky ship to say, but listen, it made sense.
Speaker 6: That he's dead because you know, it's me and Fat Jad and you know we we like veterans, we're not used to getting told no. Although I didn't have nothing to do with the conversation, I was just listening, and I always remembered that I.
Speaker 1: Was like, you know, he said, he's trying to get but he did. What you said makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 8: And I always tell people that it was a time that he felt the void for the Hustles, especially from the East coast, up top perspective that we didn't have at that time, and he came in and filled that ship up completely. Like the new generation you me is coming to hustling scamming the whole new waiver getting money and ship like that. He represents so much like you're absolutely right, he stepped in and went whole status for generation generates. Yeah, like a hundred percent, Like I tipped my hat the cousin. I tell him that all the time, like, boy, you like Martin Luther king out here and things like that, Especially that transition when he got locked up and he came back in like he was just looking like Superman.
Speaker 1: Ways mean, you get invited to the White Party.
Speaker 9: No, I don't get invited.
Speaker 11: Tell me, I say, I'll get to the White Morning. I'm a I'm a link into gett with Mica whole. I ain't gonna love.
Speaker 1: I know, I've still got ways to go.
Speaker 6: I see Michael moving after that, Right there was the nigga said yeah you jay Z friend, Right, I said, damn prod jay Z friend.
Speaker 8: So that and this is this is the reason why I have a conversation with people like we have enough power to do our own white party.
Speaker 1: Why in no district you have your white weekend? Michael moving?
Speaker 9: And this is not about that.
Speaker 8: It's about the power that we had that he's tapping into, because you know, we have that we.
Speaker 1: Need to come back out.
Speaker 7: We did he to come back the Black Park, the Black Party.
Speaker 1: But it's not even about a black of white thing.
Speaker 8: It's just that we have the power to do the same type of things that we see and we all and a group of people like so it should be no problem for us to come to Our problem is it's so hard for us to come together and do things together. Of that.
Speaker 1: You did like, you never get it.
Speaker 8: We never get that off and ship like that, and we give it to somebody else and then we all and then they all get the credit of the culture that we all sat here. And what's the ass from from the project to get money to you heard now, we want to be invited to other people events that we should be having.
Speaker 1: It's true, but I still want to be invited though I ain't gonna do something.
Speaker 8: But I really like the rough shoulders with the people that I fuk with this ship like that, no disrespecting avidy and I like new people, and I like new money and all that type of ship too, and ship like that, but I don't that ship don't impress me too much about.
Speaker 6: I always want to get invited to the bodies and then when they invite me, I'll be like, approach.
Speaker 12: Understand what it is, though, like you understand what it is. That's a different type of I need. I need to be in this like that's a different type of I got it.
Speaker 7: I gotta get in.
Speaker 1: The bunches crazy. I got to write into the brunch.
Speaker 6: I never actually went yes, tell us it's just as bribe to us from people.
Speaker 8: Who's not to the brunch. I can't allow that. Brunch has been one of the endless events that I've been to, and it's definitely might as well. They went around with the shoulder pouring over the place. Rich people all over the places, actors all over the place. I'm talking about X men, actors, fighter man, all type of people.
Speaker 6: And here's a million dollar Does Jim Jones go by herself? Do you bring freaking who you go to to the brunch with? I bring a few people, you plus one?
Speaker 1: I bring with me. Ellie Shula really like five people one time?
Speaker 2: Like you gotta plus five?
Speaker 1: Might I might not?
Speaker 7: I might be plus zero m minus you and is zero next time.
Speaker 1: But with the Vigil party, the Louis Vuiton party, it was just me and my wife. I was like I'm out a lot, like should I be talking to the podcast? Wow? Just me and my wife, but you with a plus five holy ship to the brunch and we didn't do it like both and bad. It was like secret service time. I know, Yeah, I got I got to I got to check home, go over that way and meet you inside. Thinking because you heard.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, I mean, yes, I'm I'm Rock Nason. I don't know if I'm still on the roster, but yes, the last time I checked I was, I was Rock Nation.
Speaker 1: Shouts the Rock Nation.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: That's a great bunch of people over there have They have opened up a lot of doors for me do me settling in our differences and things like that, which is one of the biggest opportunities that I got from being over there and things like that. For me, it wasn't really about money. I know, I had put myself in a corner coming up in this game for a lot of things that I've done and things like that, and me being able to do that move was one of the smartest moves that I was able to do because it started to open up a lot of the doors that was closed for me and started opening up different business that I could do with different people because they see that I was in a different space to be able to sit down and do that with the hole and all that shots the whole and shit like that shouts the og forgiving me the opportunity to understand the type of person I am and shit like that. So, you know, I definitely took my hat to them every time. I got to show ultimate respect for what they did and allowed me to do and shit like that.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: You know, it's something that I recently we had Tony YAlO on and it's something that I got to credit you for. So it's so like y'all guys were so loyal to the brand, so loyal to what y'all was repping. Did that ever like come back and haunt you? Because Yao said, I said, I asked to me. He said, it's still owed me.
Speaker 8: Yes, I mean, things that I've done back then, it definitely still haunts me to today. I mean in different type of ways. It's not as bad as they used to do. But we were doing a lot for the sake of the dipset hear. We did a lot, and we put it all on the line for our brand, and that was the greatest thing that we could ever I did, and I had the ball doing it, and I would do it all again in the same way with nothing different if they gave me another chance to do it.
Speaker 1: Anything you regret, I don't have no regrets.
Speaker 8: I take my lessons from the things that I did that I should have did better, But for the most part, I don't have I don't have no regrets. This is a mission in life that God gave me and I'm I'm gonna do it to the fullers. Even oh Coofie list is still around. If people want to play with me, did you I never I never got to uh, I ever got to see now. I never got to sit down and have a conversation with Nas and things like that.
Speaker 9: I had caught you about it, things.
Speaker 8: Like that that was like still one of the people that I never got to have a conversation out throughout my history of raping.
Speaker 1: Things like that.
Speaker 9: I think I would love to have a conversation with Nas.
Speaker 8: I don't I wouldn't know if he knows it, but Nas was one of my all time favorite rappers coming up and things like that, I've heard you say that since the barbecue and things like that, like he put He really put the whole dope boy, rap, crack hustler, get fresh rap into perspective before anybody else before her, Jay do it before her anybody else, Like he changed the cadence of rap into a whole different steam. Like he's the one that broke the camel's back when it came to artists like to me, when it came to artists like Big Daddy Kane and all these artists that came right or formed like after NAS came with that, they started to fade out.
Speaker 1: And then Jay Fat Joe like all of these rappers are.
Speaker 8: Spitting about the light that we was really starting to live right now and how it was changing like this is you know what I mean? So that's that's how I felt about that whole little situation and ship like that.
Speaker 1: Uh so what so how hard is it? Right?
Speaker 6: You having that love and you you you're saying what you're saying and then you get a call yo, they dis because I believe it was me, Cam. I was a part of the disc that he did. You know that, right, he did me, Cam, Nelly and Angie Martinez.
Speaker 1: So how hard was that?
Speaker 6: When you did you get a phone call or you was it you calling Cam?
Speaker 7: It wasn't even it wasn't. It wasn't even thought I even thought about.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 9: Was like, let's go.
Speaker 1: Ali Iverson Cross mind give the business. When he got on that court, I understood that Simon.
Speaker 8: As soon as we got signed to the game, I understood that nobody was no longer my idol anymore.
Speaker 9: They were my rivals and we had to treat it as that.
Speaker 8: And that's the that's the way we attacked the game like it was nobody bigger than the set.
Speaker 9: That's and that's what Cam was serious about, and things like that.
Speaker 8: You know, as crazy as Cam could be at some times, you're very smart, calculated, premeditated, like he's a he's a demon when it comes to doing music, and it comes to the whole blueprint of what we did, like you know what I mean, like this whole diplomat thing.
Speaker 7: He really kept us together and showed us a lot of discipline when it.
Speaker 8: Came to it, I mean as far as music and keeping our balls up, Like Cam used to make us write music every day and ship like that, like because he knew what it took at the time to become an artist. And at that time, bars were more important than anything.
Speaker 1: You had to have.
Speaker 8: You had to be able to rap it. You had to niggas tree styling all over the place and shit like that. You might call the Norris over this session might work out it. So it was like a lot of different things that he instilled in us early that I said, I kept with me all the way to this day and ship like that.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: So, so did you ever worry about like, you know, you're making a record against nas this is one of the greatest mcs of all time. Are you worried about his response or that's something you won't even think about.
Speaker 8: I wasn't even care about the response. I was about the action. I was worried about the street.
Speaker 1: What's next? How ya want to do this?
Speaker 8: Like that? I would like at the time, rapping and things like that was more of a cam thing, And I just always had a way of talking and cams always tell me, boy, if you could wrap the way you talk and act outside, you're gonna get some money. And he would do little things like that. That's why you hear me doing all the talking in between, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Definitely a professional.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, So what's your favorite part of the game. Is it making the music or performing the records?
Speaker 1: I hate performing the records. You hate performing it? Hate no fucking way making it better.
Speaker 8: I mean I like on the music, and I mean I still love hate thing to me and with performances and things like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I never thought that I would have lost the bat, you would have lost the I thought, because you know, doing.
Speaker 1: My research and we should say it like I hate it.
Speaker 8: I hate it, but it's just like it's like I don't know how to explain it and things like that. I'll be definitely trying to It's like homework to me. I'll be trying to get off the stage as fast as I get.
Speaker 9: On the stage.
Speaker 1: WHOA, not as as you love?
Speaker 8: I mean still not even after all these years and things like that. I mean, I still I'm still in my comfort zone when I am on stage. And don't get me wrong, I've had some incredible shows and I and we go into the fullest and ship like that, but I still get a little.
Speaker 1: Bit of butterflies and ship like that. When I go up there.
Speaker 8: Driving to the show, I'd be like, damn, man, you still because.
Speaker 1: I see you, I see you, I see you at loves and friends. You go back to that you and jewels that love us and friends. So I stood there and I just watched it, and I feel like y'all was enjoying yourself.
Speaker 6: Like there's certain people that I watch. I can't say they name, but they get on stage. As soon as they get off, they throw the mic and they just angry because they've been because they have to pay their bills. They're not there because they want to, you know what I'm saying, saying saying. So when I'm looking at you and Joel's I'm like, damn, it was so natural to me.
Speaker 1: I would have never thought I got to.
Speaker 8: Pay the bills too. But today, like it's like my back it's against the wall. I'm definitely going for the bag. But a couple of performances and things like that, and it's like it's like it's levels, Like you go to certain places.
Speaker 9: You're like, I gotta go up to level eight.
Speaker 8: Oh, I gotta go up to that was a level ten, Like go up to level ten, but it ain't no way about it, and things like that.
Speaker 1: That's just the whole mentality. Soon as I grabbed the mic, I'm on ten. What's what's your number one place to perform at?
Speaker 9: Like what you mean?
Speaker 1: Like me?
Speaker 6: Like me, Like I can never have a bad show in Connecticut. I can never have a bad show in Philadelphia. Like I don't give a fuck. I could have a pimple on my eye, like this, Philly still coming out for me. Connecticut is still coming out for me.
Speaker 9: I mean the Midwest be pretty strong.
Speaker 1: Shah, that's crazy.
Speaker 8: They be pretty strong for the kid. You know, the Yorkers are given. Connecticut is a given, like the East Coast pocket like that, like that, like it's it's it gets tricky when you star going to the West Coast and you know, the music is different out there, and if you don't got no hits that they couldn't know because they was on the radio and everybody know, then it's like you just rapping and looking at you like yeah, all right, so you gotta I gotta do a whole show.
Speaker 1: And I might have five or six songs that everybody know, but I got to do fifteen songs for the rest of the fifty songs. They like, yeah, you know, like what And I'm like yo, you look at but you're like yo, yo, put that reggae show I'll look at the crowd immediately going.
Speaker 8: To crowd participation like a motherfucker show.
Speaker 1: You still got the hottest records of wherever you at that you can playing ship like that, get the vacuum, so you know, but it is it's the road, man, You know how the road is. Man.
Speaker 4: I think the new generation got the worst because they just like they dis like them for a minute, booms over.
Speaker 1: They want to hear the next new ship. You know. Oh no, I listened.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I ain't gonna lie. My my son took me to.
Speaker 8: A concert with an artist by the name of Lucky from Chicago.
Speaker 9: You'll know who Lucky is from.
Speaker 1: Like we know because we want to be Lucky. I'm Lucky.
Speaker 8: Lucky is popping like uh he had to. I was forgot the name of the club that's off the West Side Highway. He had that ship ran wall of wall soul out. These kids were singing every word for world for the whole duration of.
Speaker 9: While he was up there, And I did not know who this kid was at all at all.
Speaker 8: Mine my son was asking me to go to this concert for months and they't like, you're gonna call me?
Speaker 9: I said, yeah, why not?
Speaker 8: Because I was curious to know who this kid was. When they went in there, boy, them kids was going crazy. I'm talking marsh Pitton going crazy singing that he words this ship bro. Like yo, bro, they got some of these young kids got their ship together. Like you know, we sot up in our ways, but not caught up in our ways.
Speaker 9: That's how we came up. We used to the radio, we.
Speaker 8: Used to we knowing what what the it is because we hear it all over them. Was like, nah, Like I watched a couple thousands of kids singing word for word records that I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: None of them.
Speaker 8: I'm telling I didn't know not one record that that kid was singing, and all the kids was wrapping world for work.
Speaker 1: I mean at that at that point, it's rocking if you.
Speaker 7: Like I didn't.
Speaker 8: I so like, like I went to my son's school and did parents teach to day one time years ago, and I was like, yo, who's your favorite rapper?
Speaker 9: It was like ex ex test on.
Speaker 1: I'm like this before you call him, That's what I'm like, Dave.
Speaker 9: This is before he got signed to a dealer like x X.
Speaker 1: I'm like.
Speaker 8: He was like, Dad, I'll tell you later, but it showed me the kid and ship like that, and I'm like, this is crazy, this this is the kid that's popping. A few months later, boris still a lot of It's just like when we were coming up. These kids are these kids of the whole this is this is Chris. I'm on the interview, were talking about XT you know, I'm talking on basically how these new artists got they think set the same way that we had.
Speaker 9: I think set well, we were coming.
Speaker 8: Up, we knew all the artists that was popping before they even got to the radio. We didn't have the Internet, but we had the mixtapes and it's how we were dictating who was the next who and we knew all the freestyles and things like that.
Speaker 9: And now it's the same way.
Speaker 8: But it's even in look, because they have access to the internet, had their own world that we really don't know too much about as much as we think we know.
Speaker 1: We're going through your disciography.
Speaker 6: One thing that I noticed is that's one thing that I really see is you make global music, Like you know what I'm saying. You don't make music that just sound like a New York artist. Is that something you did did on purpose, because like I hear West Coast influence, and another another thing I hear, damn, and another thing I hear, yeah, right, another thing I hear.
Speaker 1: And the music is you sampled? Like how could you be independent as sample? Because that's expensive. I was counting.
Speaker 7: I was kind.
Speaker 1: Like, yo got, I was like, I was counting the money up.
Speaker 6: I was like this, nigga been paying a lot. You get a lot of money, moneigga. But that's what's the two part question. One part is do you make music sound global on purpose? And then and then the sample thing. I'm very curious, well the music, I mean, I don't I don't know if it's global music.
Speaker 1: But I make music for.
Speaker 9: Every hood. All the hoods are light that we come from.
Speaker 8: We all come from the blotty, we all come from facing adversity. We all came on hustling trying to make a dillar back against the wall. And this is the music that I make for all of us. So if you in California, you're gonna under standing. You're gonna feel what I'm talking about because you've been do the same thing where you don't have no food in the fridge and you had to figure out how to eat at night, and you might have brothers and sisters that you got to fend for and things like that. Like you want to hear all of that in my music. Shore you're from Memphis, you're gonna feel that, you know, I mean, it don't matter where you're from, You're gonna feel what I'm talking about. And if you're from Harlem, You're gonna totally understand what I'm talking about because I'm talking about all the things that I've been through coming up in my in my hood, in my neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 6: One thing I want to ask you the sample part, because you've been Yeah.
Speaker 13: I've had I've had some sample issues in the past.
Speaker 8: Samples is a tricky thing, man, when it comes to doing music. Sometimes you go through the proper channels to get it done. Sometimes you go for it, you know what I mean. Especially as an independent artists, we have a little bit more leeway than all the signs to a major label has because a major label is gonna stop you dead in your tracks before you even play with that was artist is like you know a T shirt, go for a seasoned sister ship like that.
Speaker 9: Hold on one second, I'm going through a little bit. Okay, not nothing like that, but.
Speaker 1: Hell so another thing that you did.
Speaker 6: I remember at one point going independent was like I believe your fifty this ta it was like a graveyard. It was like, and you went to I believe it was one's cotch at the time, it wasn't even I believe you went to a cotch. You was the first person to make independent look sexy like you was like the first.
Speaker 1: Like I remember like everyone outing you at first, and then and then everyone saying I think I'm gonna go independent like Jim Jones. Everyone trying to followed your way. Poem that went crazy and they can't pay you enough. Oh well, what was the I thought that that was the the poem when I did.
Speaker 8: When I did a poem, I wanted, I wanted to renegotiate for a few millions, and Allen didn't want to give me.
Speaker 1: What I wanted.
Speaker 9: But yeah, but going independent was like like my, I was like, my, that was the only option that was.
Speaker 8: But I learned about the independence for being in Houston, I was flipping them a little flip. I had the opportunity to actually be in Houston for a couple of years, had a club.
Speaker 9: Out there and all that.
Speaker 8: And while I was out there, I was watching how they was flipping all this independent music and they was real independent, like going from the ground with going into these Mama pop stares and selling them uh CDs out the trunks and things like that. And when coming back is when it didn't match really started going and Cam got the deal. Then Cam got the deal for Jewels, and then I was like, uh, asked Dame for like a million dollars. I felt I was worth it because at that time I was doing directly marketing.
Speaker 1: I was doing you Got One record Now. I wasn't just going off with just me rap.
Speaker 8: I was going on for everything that I was bringing to the table that they didn't have no artists that could do what I did at that time pretty much in the industry, Like I was engineering, recording my own music and CAM music. I was directing all of the video, I was doing all the marketing. Def Jam was paying me a consultant check like I had for me. I had the game in the choke hold because I knew I was doing things that no artists was thinking about doing at the time, not to say that they couldn't do it, saying it was just like this was not thought of by artist, Like this was not done. Like, no way that I'm going to direct my own video. Now I need to get next to the directord video. I was like, nah shitting me, cam, let me direct this video.
Speaker 9: You know how you gonna do it.
Speaker 8: I'm like, we're gonna hire one of them other directors and we're gonna make him my whole director, and I'm gonna learn from him, and then we're gonna start directing.
Speaker 1: All of ut Old Boy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my first was my was my first video, and that was the first video lesson I learned. I think the video was like one hundred sixty thousand dollars. I probably made like six thousand dollars. And then I heard the video the director that had helped me with it made like sixty thousand dollars. I was my first lesson in production how to get.
Speaker 1: Like five hundred thousand Homeboy, I got jerked. And that's one of the dips that most played records too, right, Oh boy, yeah, old Boys one of the biggest difference.
Speaker 9: She just said, playing records like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you remember.
Speaker 6: We had Old Boy and I had Homeboy, but it was called nothing and every night we were just going to pay in full tour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was one of that was one of my greatest memories. And that's what that was. Also when when you first kind of like became blood and I don't know if you was when you was flagging though, And I remember we were going to like Chicago and places. People was like this niggas ran blood, Like holy moly, GUACAMOI but I remember I remember Homeboy my record. I don't know because we did it twice. We we did it with the records, and then we did it paid.
Speaker 2: In fall toll.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. That's what we can't.
Speaker 7: We can't, that's what.
Speaker 1: And then we was on the road with my light in the beginning, in the very beginning. Damn, I go back, I go back. You know what's crazy? Body was there for half of them on the other side of the room. I wish people. I remember one time. I remember one time he was on the road and I knew the promoter had the money. I read and I remember saying, you know what you're doing. I was like, I know this nigga ran out of money.
Speaker 2: You can look at it.
Speaker 1: You can look at the person's face and you know he ain't got it, like because he wants you to feel sorry for him, like if once you want what's the what's to look at you like you, oh, you know how it is, get then out of here.
Speaker 9: We held niggas.
Speaker 1: We need this back and.
Speaker 2: We will we go.
Speaker 1: Somebody got.
Speaker 7: Like I don't care, we don't about that back and king and you come.
Speaker 6: Back with the back there like what his was crazy? You already count that money, like counting.
Speaker 1: This for mister Lee's out there having the second.
Speaker 8: Ship, your.
Speaker 6: Promoting almost even worse though, when they'd be like, I'll split it with you at the door, I don't want to do.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 1: See, I can't do nod he.
Speaker 6: Left seventy five people or your people, and it's like, yo, Papa, that's your fault, your friend.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: Being on that road is the craziest thing when you sometimes you just know it's like, oh, man, I hope they got my make.
Speaker 7: This a little and I need this back and it's gonna be a big problem with this money. Bro.
Speaker 5: Speaking of being on the road, like I remember used to do the Day and the Life Ship, you know, and just film you know, day to day different shows and all that, like, what made you stop that?
Speaker 8: It's just it was a lot of I was just it was a lot going on. I like to start going in different ways and ship like that. Some of that ship I couldn't film, and ship I was able to film it anymore. To begin, it was fun I was having But do.
Speaker 1: You think you bring that back original love and hip Hop?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I aint it was Jim and hip hop. It was He started to document your life. I made I made documented this on film. Yeah, Chris, that's my show. I just at the time, it's just no life.
Speaker 8: Man. I had opportunity to take control of the show and be on the same level that Mona was.
Speaker 9: But a lot of things were going on with Chris.
Speaker 8: He wasn't willing to compromise our diggingity just to get a part of something that was already I was already you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And we were able to let that go. They hired me back this season. I never got it.
Speaker 9: I never got to thank you from nobody from Love of hip Hop.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna thank you. How about that? Because I.
Speaker 6: And then this season you got to give you we gotta have a pay cut. I said, well, I get a pay not show.
Speaker 1: How about that? Yeah, but I liked it. I didn't enjoyed it, but so what was it? At first? Mona just came inside, I want to film you. No, she had nothing to do with it. Mona wasn't even involved in the beginning. It wasn't my show. Was a dude. Jim Acumen, he was following.
Speaker 9: He was the head of v H one.
Speaker 1: He's been trying to do a show with me for a minute, and Christy wanted to.
Speaker 9: Do some reality show. It didn't go through. I was like, I got this guy.
Speaker 8: I'm going to see if we could do something revolved around our dynamic of a relationship went down there. Talked to Jim Acumen. He like, ship, let's run it. What we're gonna call it?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 9: Christy and Emily came up with the name Love and hip Hop.
Speaker 1: Went back up.
Speaker 9: We don't call it love and hip Hop crazy.
Speaker 1: Crazy? So it went it went like Yandy.
Speaker 8: Yandy at the time was doing management for me. At the time, I had Yanny from from Mona and she was working directly for me. So at the time I was at the time, I was I wasn't really doing those shows enough for so Yandy opportunity to go on the road with Missy Elliott to make some money and ship like that. I was like ship, she like, Mona gonna be in the office, so she gonna help me out with your day to day and ship like that, and you ain't and I'm just going to I'm go on the road to make some money. Cool, yeah, get the back. I wasn't doing that at the time. So when I went to a VH one, Uh.
Speaker 1: You got the light, I don't got the Yeah, this is his lighter. Yeah already.
Speaker 8: So when I went to the VH one, meaning Mona was was with me at the VH one meeting, so she in I ain't finished. I didn't finish that. Mona went in the meeting as management and left out the producer because she knew what I didn't, and she didn't put me on the game. And that was the most thing that I was mad about with Mona, just gonna put you on.
Speaker 1: My whole idea that.
Speaker 8: One down the line everything I need to do at that time, like you need to get all of this because this is your show. Instead she taking them on herself to slipping there and that problem, and that's what that was the reason why he did.
Speaker 1: Y'all talked about it since then.
Speaker 9: I mean, that's I've been over there. That's that's what that's.
Speaker 1: Definitely been. But thank you. Because he's not Spade approved, he can't he can't drink. You had a question.
Speaker 4: But what I was going to say is that people don't realize how much of a great executive music executs grown from Asylum to E one to a coch to Manakey to what you're doing with all these artists to bring him back burd Gang. People don't realize how great of an music executive you are.
Speaker 1: Broke that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thank you for that music. I love music. For me to pick music and kind of like see a start coming I could.
Speaker 8: I'm good. I'm good at that. I do that with my osclos and things like that. And I like to help people get on that. It's been always my knacking life and things like that. I always like to give and ship like that more than I like to take. And I got to take a lot in life. So this means giving back and trying to keep put other people on and so they could get on my level on a higher level and ship like that.
Speaker 9: I've always been about that and the way I get to do it is doudent music.
Speaker 8: And y'all seen from when we started with Wells to the max Is to so many other artists and like that, from the hell Reils to.
Speaker 1: Forty cal that please move forward.
Speaker 9: Is a real big reason.
Speaker 8: For me to really get back into my executive bag the way I have been in the last few years. And things like that, Like he's real adamant about coming to me and doing this burg Gag album and bringing back burg Game back out and things like that. And then I have a bunch of group of talented individuals that I believe in wholeheartedly and I can't and we're starting to put the music out and I can't wait for people to really start to get a little of all these orders that I have working under VL and things like that. Doing this, like I said, you wanted the hardest working man, yo.
Speaker 5: I see it's like the pandemic. You let me put me in like three hundred features. Like now now I want to say this to you, right. You see how the beginning when he said Meek didn't want to do the verse because he was on hold. He was like, you know, I want to be on whole status. So he was trying to whole his value. I guess, you know, to a certain standing. But you, on the other hand, you went.
Speaker 1: To the streets. You went back to the streets, but we wasn't allowed to come outside. You went out and took every feature from every nigga. He must have called COVID nineteen times. It took the back you went outside every time that was with me cod.
Speaker 9: I called COVID acting versus after the verses.
Speaker 1: That was the only everything that night that.
Speaker 9: I couldn't win enough.
Speaker 5: But but you went hard in the in the pandemic, and I feel like, you know, put you back.
Speaker 1: To where you needed to be.
Speaker 9: Now, I ain't gonna lie about me by doing that.
Speaker 8: Definitely put me visibly all over because I did so many features, like you said, didn't like three hundred features in and it.
Speaker 1: Was lucrative, and you was doing the videos too.
Speaker 2: It was bad.
Speaker 9: I figured out the loop, of course, See that was it.
Speaker 8: I figured out how the quarantine studio shouts. The quarantine studio works with me over there shouts to drop TV. Uh, we got things studio, got some things coming back?
Speaker 7: Are you doing that?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 6: Both hold hold on talking them that hold on just talking about the lucrative videos, so we.
Speaker 8: Didn't figure out the quarantine studio and what quantity studios. I figured out how to record virtually in real time, like at leasting my latencies that you can. So I was able to do music in my house with the artists and were all in the session virtually and it out. And I don't have no didn't have to have an engineer in my house. My engineer was at his house. So I figured that out and I was able to features. I created Quarantine music the side where all the artists where. Now you could pay me to do your features and things like that, and me and Poe this man the d M, and Poe was calling everybody to call the d M, and we were taking features from four thousand and five thousand and six thousand and seven thousand, thirty five hundred because it didn't matter.
Speaker 1: Nobody was moving.
Speaker 8: It was a separated and the video is a separate but so it was. It was nobody moving at the time. Nobody can go to studio, nobody's making money. So I'm in my house, in my basement making thirty five thousand before the Night is out, four features. I wasn't kidd I was adding that ship up so before.
Speaker 1: The week allegedly just case irs listening elegendly allegedly allegedly a lot of it is all promo.
Speaker 8: It was as it was a Lucas side, just be able to tap into that market without having to go outside, and that in turn turned into me being all over YouTube.
Speaker 9: All of these kids learning this music and the videos.
Speaker 8: And Jones out and that helped brand puffing with all the younger generations.
Speaker 1: Things like that.
Speaker 6: Like so let me ask you because because a lot of people don't know, like Wa Kwan taught me that that you know, a feature is one price, the video is another price. Right when I was out, I didn't have Instagram. So so when you do a feature and a video for a person, do you charge him separate for a post or you look out, okay.
Speaker 9: If you if you, if you pay me for the video in the verse, I'm gonna post it, You're gonna post it, ain't.
Speaker 1: I ain't that type of nigga. I ain't gonna try to take I mean like, yeah, that's where people know that.
Speaker 8: So so now all of the package though that we were when we were doing the features, that was.
Speaker 1: Part of the package.
Speaker 9: We're gonna we're gonna post it up and ship like that.
Speaker 1: How much is the verse now, Jim yesterday?
Speaker 2: How much.
Speaker 1: Listen to me?
Speaker 8: Listen, listen to me, like I got a ticket right let's just say I got a ticket.
Speaker 1: We ain't gonna say now ship like that.
Speaker 8: But if a nigga called me right now and my man want to feature it, yo, he want to feature right now?
Speaker 9: How much money you got right now, right now?
Speaker 1: You know he got eighty two hundred run it running.
Speaker 7: Right there?
Speaker 1: You got you got that right now, right there, right there.
Speaker 8: Right there, you heard, and that's and that's still like more PC than you would ever get off for any brick.
Speaker 9: You was so outside of ship, like you know what you gotta do?
Speaker 1: You know where I killed the mat? And this was years ago Europe because day paying top dollar to dollar man.
Speaker 14: And it depends because and hold on, let me say, don't think y'all could call me like like y'all, it's not gonna work like that, buddy.
Speaker 1: To get something to get that cool just can't have it. But it's just a hustle of mentality.
Speaker 8: That having me and ship like that, you think, like I'm not trying to let dollar slide down. I feel like Ross is like that I need I need to get that money, Like why not hear I did this music so I can't make this money. Nuts for me to term my face my nose up and not take the money, it's crazy. Associated with Jim Jones, give it to that you did like you want to ling to this, Come on, I need you. Now you have another person who's going to shoot lobby for you.
Speaker 7: And all you do music and things like that.
Speaker 8: You just invited them into your circle, whether they paid for a feature or not, and now they part of you did your networking.
Speaker 6: You know what I've seen for what it did for you, in my opinion, was it made you more grounded. It made everyone feel like you know what I'm saying, Like I could get at Jim Jones. And it made people because these artists that you were working with like they appreciated.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. They appreciated. Yeah, it made you.
Speaker 6: See when it made you seem humble, but it made you seem connected, you know what I'm saying, Because I felt like every artist that you did it with was appreciated and it was just like I felt like those dudes would killed somebody for you make I mean.
Speaker 7: I hope not.
Speaker 8: I'd rather your lobby, but like like I've been in the position of each one of those artists, and I know how I feel to be on that side of the fence when you can't get a feature. I remember me rapping for your Gotti, I mean you Gotti in.
Speaker 1: His office when uh murdered. Inku was in death Jam and all in death Jam.
Speaker 8: Trying to get a deal and ship right, and everybody looking at me like I'm crazy, like when you're looking for the opportunity and ship like that. And this is even when I was with camming them, so it was like I was already in position to do certain things. But as an artist, you're looking for certain opportunities and certain help. And you know, if I get a feature with this dude, that'd be one level up that I could get. And nobody wasn't handling that to me at all. I remember all my features was canned. As you wells thinking about that you heard like that was enough, it was, but as being a part of the game and you you want to the artist, Maya and like you did, I think that Nigga, like, oh I need you dig like you so imagine the artists coming up and trying to just get so thinking about all that ship and he got some money.
Speaker 9: Ship, come on, come on with I remember I called.
Speaker 1: You one time for a feature for my man this ship or whatever. He was like, yo, he was like listen, y'all, if you I would have did it for that. Give me three more. Brought that at three to that what you said, he ain't just taking anything.
Speaker 6: Let me let me let me say something about you, because like I've seen you come up like obviously I didn't. We didn't grow up together, but we grew up in hip hop talking about it.
Speaker 1: The father babes. He's been to my project.
Speaker 8: He didn't come to my project base that me and Kim getting used to living.
Speaker 9: With my grandma past. He was, he's from.
Speaker 6: Let me because let me just give you a flowers like I've seen you grow into executive, a hustler like you was at like I maya people like I, My people like Tony yo, yo, I my people like Memphis bleak Imma, people who stayed down. But but to see to see where you come from, like I said at one at one point, you know, I was filming a documentary we called what what.
Speaker 1: I did not know what I was doing.
Speaker 6: This actually the pre pre cruel to just to drink champs. So I I only called the people that I could call for that day. And it's funny as fuck. The three people that I could call was Cam, Memph, Bleak and fifty Cent. So the crazy shit was my dumb ass forgot that these niggas.
Speaker 1: Ain't getting along.
Speaker 7: I said, holy shit.
Speaker 1: So I had to have Bleak on one.
Speaker 6: Side, interview Caim, make sure Cam is do the building, and had fifty sent downstairs. I swear to God and I got it all on tape. But this is something that you said. He was like, Yo, man, these niggas be spending. He said, man, I spent five I spent I get five downs for I get five Nichols for twenty bucks. And I was like, and you had on when you had army fatigue fants And I looked and I was like, this, this is the grimmiest nigga from dip sep.
Speaker 1: He's the one. He's the one.
Speaker 6: And by the way, that was flyg because that's what we were smoking at the time of the twenties and fifties. Like niggas wasn't a hundred dollars bag niggas.
Speaker 1: Niggas wasn't also niggas.
Speaker 7: We all nigative, but we all had a beginning done this type of it wasn't it was.
Speaker 1: It was brown bags.
Speaker 6: And I say that to say, there's so many people that don't stay down. There's so many people that jump ship when they see that the Titanic is coming, they jump.
Speaker 1: Ship and they'll go do it with some ship. You stayed down. You stayed the niggas playing. We was yes a ship that music to that ship. One damn man, you listen to me.
Speaker 6: You for every dipset battle, everything, everything that had to do with your crew, you was front line.
Speaker 1: And I'm just telling you you deserve. You deserve.
Speaker 6: You deserve to get me your competit cures and manicures in Miami Beach and retire.
Speaker 9: I'm glad, man, I'm glad that's here with me too.
Speaker 8: I'm glad you know, I know has been with me since I'm met Zeke when I was like nine years old.
Speaker 9: Wow, you digg and then we ended.
Speaker 8: I go to my first day he first Yeah, I met Zeke when I was nine. Nigga fought brings summer shame stilling, bitches, tokens and ship and then after that, I ain't see Zeg and then I get to high school. My first day of high school, I get to my locker. My shit is Jones and his ship is Jiles, and I'm opening the locker and this niggas did make get the fuck up. So since since ninth grade, Zeke's been with each other since the age of fourteen and shit like that, and we've been through every single thing that you could imagine. So when Cam and them start coming to my house and doing music, he lived on the East Side. But now we like seventeen eighteen, niggas has grown, Ziggs doing his own things, ship like that, and we're trying to figure out how to get ready to do this move.
Speaker 1: And I know to do this move, you got.
Speaker 8: To have some niggas that's ready to go as far as you can take it. And I'm like, one of the first niggas I told Cam was like, yo, we got to take zek with us.
Speaker 1: Wow, trust him. You heard like Sean Fast, Sean passed away. We passed away.
Speaker 9: Sean was one of the earlier ones.
Speaker 8: We grabbed a group of kids that we knew that had heart and we was ready to go against the world, and as we got in the game, we learned the game. So when I tell people that Rappers the most dangerous game in the world, they be like the most dangerous job in the world. They be looking at me like I'm crazy, But I really mean now that that's we're the biggest target in the world.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of people missed, understand you, comparing it to like venates in that even army members, you know who the enemy is.
Speaker 1: You know who your enemy is. You don't know who know who.
Speaker 8: You know what you're expecting at home, right, whatever you feel not taking nothing away from.
Speaker 1: Taking that's in the army, military wavy. I know that ship is dangerous.
Speaker 8: I'm not in the army, but we are outside and we're dealing with people that we don't know who nobody is, but everybody do know who he is. Rappitsmen dying at an alarming rate in the past ten years.
Speaker 9: Right, there was a time when there.
Speaker 1: Was only Scotland Rock that had got killed. Right in my life, yeah, we didn't.
Speaker 8: We didn't hear about no rappers getting killed.
Speaker 1: Trying to think.
Speaker 8: Like Scotland Rock got killed. Now with the last rapper you heard getting killed for.
Speaker 1: Locking big and tooling big. And then and then it didn't stopped after that. It stopped after that, and then it just.
Speaker 6: Got because you know what it is a lot of people want to because see, at one point, rappers was corny. The drug dealers was the niggas were drug. Rappers became the drug dealers. Rappers became the new drug Like, we're the new drug dealers. So when we started, when they started to learn that, oh ship, it's not corny having money, it's not corny switching every rose voice, every time the rose voice cames up, Oh it's not corny not getting going to jail.
Speaker 1: It's not corny taking care of your family. Didn't.
Speaker 6: Didn't the motherfuckers they want to take our life. Really, what they wanted to do was just take our success and say give me your success and give.
Speaker 1: Me everything you worked for.
Speaker 6: And when they realized, holy ship, then they tried. What they try to do is they try to put on rappers. So they'll go to the hood to say, yo, let me put on buddy.
Speaker 1: But he don't.
Speaker 6: He ain't got no love for it. He just getting this to get the bread, to get the bread. So they put on the worst little nigga. He fly, He got on a Mary Jeans, but he.
Speaker 1: Sucks, so now he doesn't make it. Now they hate that's even more.
Speaker 6: Do you understand what I'm saying my describing scenario now, So when you said that, I don't know if you know when you said that, soon as you said rappers the most dangerous job, and I see people you're giving you a backlash. I got on this show and I said, Jim Jones is absolutely correct.
Speaker 8: You got nothing put It's not I'm just saying, you even got to watch the closest people that's next to you when you're in this position, more successful.
Speaker 9: Anything, You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: And this is this is how I learned how to eliminate a lot of people that I've lost a lot of friends and eliminated a lot.
Speaker 9: Of people that were close to me do to certain things of things like that.
Speaker 8: And now if you don't have a purpose to be around me, and I don't see a way that you can get from being around me, that I'm not going to have you around me.
Speaker 9: And that has nothing to do with my friends.
Speaker 1: I got a lot of friends want to come to this business and ship like that.
Speaker 9: It's not like it used to be. Thirty didn't turn the two, you know what I mean, Like shit changes.
Speaker 8: You learn a lot as you're moving and ship like that, and you know, everybody can't go and I ain't got the pot for everybody to live like I'm living and sh like that you did. And a lot of people don't know what opportunity is. They don't know how to get money. And that's that's one of the things that rappers go through a lot, is that we put in a position to help a lot of people.
Speaker 9: A lot of people don't know how to take that help and use it.
Speaker 1: For themselves, except that's we've made some lays for that.
Speaker 5: That's one thing he always told us, like Smoke Champs, you know, before he's even smoke Champs just you know, I'm as nephew thess niggas And he just told like, yo, listen, man, any opportunity, any chance you get to use me, use me. So ill to be used, he said, I don't abuse me, but use me, use me anytime you can make something happen.
Speaker 8: Hundred percent, I tell him. Artist, we have we have what we call tail meetings, like every three weeks a month inside the studio and ship like that, and the flaws is flaws for everybody to talk about what they don't like, what they do, like, well, we're not doing what we should be doing.
Speaker 9: However it comes and ship like that and you digging.
Speaker 8: And one thing that I tell them is listen, we in a position to do a lot, and I can't do everything, but opportunity is in front of you. You got to learn how to use me to your benefit. Not no fun up way, but use me where it's gonna benefit you and benefit us.
Speaker 9: That's what I'm here for, to be used in that manner.
Speaker 1: Ship like that.
Speaker 9: So you're absolutely right. Some people get in a lot of people don't.
Speaker 1: Somebody don't get it. A lot of people, a lot of people don't understand.
Speaker 5: Even with like you know, us having a nigga like you know already in the game, where your crew having you all already in the game, it doesn't always work either.
Speaker 1: You can't get mad at the top rolling the dice. It's like the entertainment period.
Speaker 9: You might roll a two or two winning the game on for deuce.
Speaker 8: You gonna roller as it might not. This might not be the thing for you, This might not It might not work for you. You might give it you. Oh, you might have the most dopest marketing strategy. You might have a bag on your big joey, and it still might.
Speaker 1: Not work for you. He did, like I knew this dude, my man, my man, his name is to and started a record label. Right, this, this is how fucked up times. Yeah, I started the record label. I said, so, so, what're you gonna do? He said, I got the houses, I got the cars, and I got the jewelry. The nigga had no artists.
Speaker 9: That this is how it's to be making. Look for people.
Speaker 8: They look at us living, they think, oh, I got you did, But they don't understand in the hallwork that we got to put in night out, like the long day, the longer nights. You heard, the flights we gotta take, the mornings. We got to get up the drink champs.
Speaker 6: You gotta a lot of people don't understand the whole whole report album. I did on the train. I never even took a taxi. I couldn't afford it.
Speaker 1: When I they told me you gotta stop hustling, I literally stopped hustling. L A l A came out and I was like fuck it.
Speaker 6: I had to get to Unique Studios and d n D studios and most of the time I got on the motherfucking our train.
Speaker 1: Bro World up, World Up, sacrifice No more.
Speaker 9: They skip, They skipping all that right now straight.
Speaker 1: Like I Spiceman from when the record Straight to the Moon, I was supposed to go shout out to the females.
Speaker 8: Females want I want to ask you A lot of females is kicking ass.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, I want to ask you this, Like, so you see how the game is, it's now farst like we just said, like a young nigga get a hit and they HiT's going to the moon because of all the out last.
Speaker 1: Time there is now Like what part of the game do you like the new game or the old game?
Speaker 9: Shit, I like the new game.
Speaker 7: I'm part.
Speaker 9: I'm part of what's going on. I needed. I need to be a part of the present.
Speaker 8: You heard the past was the past, and it was good when when it was there, but we're not there anymore.
Speaker 9: That's where a lot of older artists get caught up in this ship like that.
Speaker 8: Theyre caught up in their waist or I'm still going to put an album out. I want every two years and like Nigga, Nigga Drake is putting out three four albums a year. Nigga, you should be on your toes right now. It just show you the times are changing and you need to start bombing. Like So, that's one thing I always try to do, even from throughout my duration, is make sure I kept what was going on and be able to reinvent myself and stay in and stay relevant and ship like that.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: Like, if you don't do that, you don't get lost in the sauce fast, and you're gonna start looking crazy.
Speaker 5: So what's your what's your favorite what's your favorite time and hip hop?
Speaker 8: My favorite time in hip hop? My favorite time of life was the nineties, of course, always that was my favorite time in life. Ninety eight my favorite was just the soundtrack to that and then well you got ninety seven, ninety eight, ninety seven, you got nothing.
Speaker 6: Your kid was being Cam was on me, Cam DMXIC, Big Pun, No no masons before.
Speaker 15: That, Me, Cam, Me Cam Punks, I believe seven Corp. We were on fire, don't fight fire.
Speaker 1: Big money, big money, and we all loft the super Shaka. Yeah, I never gave super Shaka.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: War, you know you ain't deserved.
Speaker 2: Con't turn shout out, Shaka.
Speaker 1: I really do mean it, but I don't mean.
Speaker 3: It to him.
Speaker 8: So so for the for the younger generation right now, because they like, they hardly know who all.
Speaker 9: They might see us because we're still on TV.
Speaker 1: Anythink I'm a podcaster.
Speaker 8: But they don't understand how much, how how how hot like when we bro, No, he was on.
Speaker 1: When you when You had to Buy, can't even.
Speaker 8: Name the type of fire he was on Bro. They was calling him the new tupacket. I remember one of them having our conversations about Nori and how he was getting.
Speaker 1: What he was doing.
Speaker 6: And I ain't gonna lot. I gave on his flowers. I'm gonna be honest with you because me and Cam was friends. So what happened was I knew he could kind of like bully penalty, so I was trying to like steal me, but I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: He taught me a lot. And I don't know if you remember the first timm of jam we did together.
Speaker 9: And came out and it almost killed yourself.
Speaker 1: I ain't know what pirol was back then. The friends, these niggas just fancy. I'm like, wait a minute, They're like, yo, boom, we fu that all up too much and tale I'm this is my first summer jam.
Speaker 6: So they was they're gonna hide unbullied, They're gonna have me go by myself. But they was like, funk that have him come out with Cam because we had the records together on fire so they're like, all right, cool.
Speaker 1: So we did rehearse, but in the rehearsal they don't say nothing about no Pyro. Explain to the people was Pyro was a ship boom like the Mason Show.
Speaker 6: They bust in the only so they're like, yo, it goes TikTok and then boom and then you come out. So I'm like, you tell me this five minutes before I go on. So that's just said tik tik boom. The first one came out. Cam came out, that's just said tiktik boom. Charlie Baltimore came out. That's just said tick And I said, I was like, wait out the ticket.
Speaker 7: I said there, and I'm like, do I go out?
Speaker 1: I got chill and I went just like this and this is said bo. I was like, oh shit, my.
Speaker 6: My life flashed before my eyes. You understand, because that shit blew up and I didn't know it. And then I walked around it like I didn't even walk through it.
Speaker 1: I walked through and I performed like nothing happened the whole time. I can't hear ship. This is thirty thousand people. That's why I would never listen dip set y'all you.
Speaker 6: Cam Joel's freakysy Oh, y'all y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love y'all for life. My brother I really too. I really like that. Yeah. Really him up together, like like Uncle Wi is like really, that's right, that's right. We really came up, man, and it was a good time. It's a beauty.
Speaker 6: That's why I'm so proud of. Let me ask you before we get the quick time of Slim. Do you have the last Migos recorded record together?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the last all p Takeoff.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's just so baby boy.
Speaker 8: He was just a dope person, man, Like I had a great relationship with him. He would coming New York hit me you had on pull up, So you had.
Speaker 1: A relationship with take Off and here he hooked up the.
Speaker 8: Migos record, You do all of them. But I had a real strong me too, like I really take over see him all the time. He hit, he caught me, We're going to dinner all of this. So take Off was like my god like and he was a real fan of dips and I say, nobody else, but he would show it like, nah, we know all your we know everything you can talking about all the just it was just and it would just it would make me feel good to know that someone like take Off is giving me my flowers.
Speaker 1: And he's argument one of the biggest groups.
Speaker 9: And it's like you think not saying that it was, but it was like it.
Speaker 1: Was a good nigga man, Like that's a good nigga.
Speaker 8: He came to the studio and that like where you're at on like at the studio, like I'm pulling up.
Speaker 9: We're in the studio, like now we got to get one produce stuff playing like this it.
Speaker 1: This transit by the way, that record, by the way, it's hard.
Speaker 8: This hook and he did his verse and then I just did a verse and then I was like, nah, I got to come back and fix my ship to them all.
Speaker 1: Like I was like, he makes you go back.
Speaker 8: The whole ship is different, like it's not like a new York type like I started kind of wow, I got to tie you up.
Speaker 7: They came back the next day and did it.
Speaker 1: Then we put it on the gram off seting hit me wow, like no, I don't know what you're trying, but I need on.
Speaker 8: That the day so he's like, yo, pull up, I'm down, I'm i'm i'm, I'm in the studio. We go to the studio there and bugging down and ship like that. He ended up doing the record and ship like that. Then then they will hit me like, man, you got the tour, get show. So Quevo Paul was more Illo because Cevo did his verse and the video all in the same studio, all at the same time. So when I went to the studio, he did the verse, and right after verse, we shot the video right there Quada.
Speaker 7: Opened the door.
Speaker 1: They had the staircase with all the graffiti and all that right here everything.
Speaker 8: So his verse and video done all in like two hours, and then he had to get on the plane so I could did the video you that like that was and they did it separately and ship like that, but they all made sure they did they part like and takeoffs like now I'm coming to the block don't care what's going on. I'm coming to the block. I don't care what's going on. He pulled up to the block and he enjoyed hisself up that he.
Speaker 1: Had a ball.
Speaker 8: So that was one of the things he wanted to do. Like now, I got to come to all of them and check it out. And so the whole process and ship like that was yoga then And.
Speaker 1: Where was that record? Drop label?
Speaker 9: Empire, Empire Life Records, Slash.
Speaker 8: Empire Gazi and we'll see that one right shot of Gazi, you know, whole Empire family. You will see shot the video chapel will see shot.
Speaker 1: Ghazi, Nemo. Tina Davies just became David hit All. Yeah right now shot shots. Oh my god, definitely. I've seen him come over there and help Empire do a lot.
Speaker 9: Of different great gets went over kicked as she went over there and turns yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Ghazi Gauzi already had something great going on, like that shout of the guys. He helped change my life and helped he last in the game and things like that. I cannot I confront on Ghazi in no way, shape or for me like that. And the last ten years of my life as has been great thanks to Gazi.
Speaker 1: And would you put Ghazi over Alplin one hundred percent? Get me too, one hundred percent.
Speaker 8: I don't regret what I've been through that I may ball into some of my biggest it's with Allen and that, but his business Acremen is nowhere near to what Ghazi and how the way they move.
Speaker 1: With the Empire.
Speaker 7: That was the first place that I got to check for my music was from Empire.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean when they tell you're.
Speaker 8: Gonna get paid, you're gonna get you get paid, get paid. What they tell you're gonna get paid with percent is you negotiate with them. That's what it wasn't you know? I was pretty much the first major artist that Ghazi signed. And I can remember when y'all call me, yo, how Gazi is the same thing I tolde? Same thing I told that Joe is that they can pay on time, said be paying.
Speaker 1: I spoke to.
Speaker 8: The moment I say I put, I said, they asked me how, Yeah it is over there Empire and that sold on the same thing. They pay on time. I never got a check from no other music but they that was I didn't saying put anybody, Yeah, yeah, okay, pay on time. That's been my whole thing when dealing with artists. And they asked me about ghazis like, bro, the business up there is and.
Speaker 1: He's a great guy. Strike up is what you're gonna give you. He's a great guy. You managed yourself for what you didn't negotiate you that's just that, you know, let's make some noise for Gazi and Davis, my product and the whole staff they hold staff I was, I was in I was out there the other day and I went to the label.
Speaker 6: And they walked me through it on the West coast in the Bay, Yeah, in the Bay, and they walked me through and then in front of the club. I didn't go to the club, but what they got they got. Go to the studio and he flipped on me for leaving my charge in the car charging the cars, so he showed me. I went to the studio. But the whole staff they got and where a lot of people don't know, there's a lot of this afrobeat music that you're listening to is independent. These that shit is independent. It's on the radios being played because afro music is so hot right now that you know it's slipping through the.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be on the major You don't have to spend.
Speaker 6: One hundred and fifty thousand, two hundred fifty thousand, and Ghzi.
Speaker 1: Is doing that. He got he got reggae thrown artists. I was like, damn, I was counting his money.
Speaker 7: I was like, man, you.
Speaker 8: Gotta really, we gotta people thank for the whole Bay area and the Oakley.
Speaker 1: Area because that's where it's independent. Depending independence man.
Speaker 9: Came from it and not taking nothing away from Houston.
Speaker 8: I don't know who started and ship like that, but I know in the Bay and in Oakland, young boy's been out there doing that independent thing for you for a long time. As you see, Gazi has turned that ship into a multi million dollar operation.
Speaker 6: Yeah we went to Edition. Yeah we went to the studio. They building a pool and that motherfucker.
Speaker 8: They all all forty You know what I mean, too short. I mean it's a lot of artists. I started out there from an independent lane for making a shipload of money, so you know, I.
Speaker 5: None in Then in the car I heard saying, you don't you don't get what you deserve, you give it, you negotiate.
Speaker 8: One hundred percent. That's a that's a true fact. So I hope you negotiate what you deserve the more you heard, because it's cold out here, and and sometimes I do I do deals with I don't get what I deserve, but I know what I'm I'm gonna take that and do with it and things like that.
Speaker 9: So you know, you gotta be smart when you approach the table.
Speaker 8: Every every dinner's gonna be different, even though it's the same dish you heard.
Speaker 6: We're gonna we're gonna do quick time of slim. We're gonna just play in the game real quick. The fact is we we we said we're not gonna drink hard liquor, so we're gonna do shots a champagne.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, Jamie, you ready with Jamie, We'll see in the building. God damn from everybody from Instagram? What's my man name?
Speaker 7: Rights?
Speaker 1: In the building?
Speaker 7: Got it's my birthday weekend.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm trying to celebrate.
Speaker 8: I got all my artists down here in Miami with me, so I wanted everybody to come out.
Speaker 1: Signs you yes, first I see him going that put your teeth.
Speaker 2: I knew something was Oh my.
Speaker 8: God, rate in the first comedian signs to a vo record. That is all the washing we on the GRAM, cutting up and things like that, and I hit them up like yo, man, I got a proposition for you. Man, I think you know what I mean. And so here we are. He's been working on the stand up.
Speaker 7: We're about to put out his uh, his his comedy album fire.
Speaker 1: His soul is dope. Man, good kids. You don't got a female artist?
Speaker 8: Yeah, the rate female artist shouts, The jew shouts, the no I D shouts, the yellow.
Speaker 1: Yellow, yes, yellow. All right, So this is how the game goes. If you, if you're.
Speaker 6: Literally correct, you say none, did we take a shot? If you say both, did we take a shot? But but if you so so, if you pick one or the other, there's no shot. But I drink with you, so it's not it's not nothing crazy and it's shot the champion.
Speaker 1: Give me some food.
Speaker 6: Oh, this is a good one. It's a good one. But I know I know how you're gonna answer this. I know how you're gonna answer this, illmatic or doggy style.
Speaker 1: God damn, So how does this game go? Pick one? If you pick one, we don't drink. If you pick both, we drink, or either. If you pick both, like I like them like, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Correct, and you can't decide you take a shot that you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't take a shot both the first first album.
Speaker 2: So listen to me.
Speaker 8: I remember going to hm V. Remember that's the double Me and Sam Goodie, Me and my man Omar. When I was in Julia, Richmond because school, we went to h m V. What was it Tuesday's album used to come out, Yes, Tuesday, Tuesday on Tuesday stole the Snoop Dogg album One Home.
Speaker 9: I remember the whole Snoop Dogg album.
Speaker 8: That night, came back to school and the next day we were singing the whole ship all through the halls.
Speaker 1: Are you taking a shot? Okay?
Speaker 6: All right, okay, take arrest one or rock him the New York You should not let you pick one.
Speaker 1: Just being honest, I'm not asked you who's try this one of that one? The white one on the black one, the bunk and I jumped up to attack one.
Speaker 6: Rest one is just leave the crew up to your face saying this shoot many rock Cam.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so let's take the shot. That's just that's not playing bro Hif didn't get a nigga dronk at least she's Takka pick one, we might jump in. Okay, French, Marktan or Rick Ross. These niggas that come up with this.
Speaker 8: Questions, all right, I can't like so and this is not it's not like your French. You know, I love you to death, have load. But I with Rick Ross, I like, I like, I like Rick Ross music from French. Got a bunch of hits, but I know a bunch of Rick Ross's music. Shouts the Ross the Boss and shouts the fresh. Okay, documentary he just dropped. I don't know if you can.
Speaker 1: You get to see the documentary. Art is real good. It's dope. Yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 9: Got to see it.
Speaker 1: You went from the man you want to I like seeing y'all together. It was dope.
Speaker 8: I didn't know that I would be in the documentary so much, but it's definitely dopey.
Speaker 6: Squashed the beef. I ain't gonna lie. I think I caught you, and I was so proud. I'm so proud of you. So I'm so proud of New York because I just feel like New York we need to show unity like everyone else is showing unity.
Speaker 1: But us, because we were so cocky for so many years. But let's move on. Okay, big l or stock bundles, come on, that's great. Take a shot. Okay, yeah, your motherfuckers taking shot too? Are you doing shot?
Speaker 8: Taking shots to John John is an effect shot.
Speaker 1: That's the color that look like bronxtail? Are good Fellas delicious? Better? Damn bro listen. Just so you know, I ain't gonna front those.
Speaker 8: So I sat my son down and watched bronx Tails with him and my nephew because I needed them to.
Speaker 9: Watch that like that.
Speaker 1: That's how deep Bronxtail is with me.
Speaker 8: Like I wanted him to understand the correlation between the working man and a man in the street.
Speaker 1: And told him that I was both you watch your son watching.
Speaker 9: I sat my son down when he was younger and watched do that that Really he didn't watched.
Speaker 7: None of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to watch watch none of it. I used to watch the watch That was the only movie.
Speaker 9: That was one of the only movies that I that I like. Wen't went to the movies, but that was the only movie.
Speaker 8: I told him, and I want to sit down and watch what you I want you to understand Broxton, who I am. I'm Iron body, both of these gentlemen right here and ship like that coming up because you know he was young and trying to understand whose father is. So that was a great way to get that off. Plus it's the dopest movie. Is one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 9: And Good Fella's hands down.
Speaker 8: You gotta go home, You gotta gotta go home, You gotta go.
Speaker 1: You ready, you know the Colombia and Dominican makes these questions up.
Speaker 6: Dominican from Washington Heights. He looks like, you still sell cocaine. I don't know why Columbia that de spies the coke for member, I'm just playing playing that that.
Speaker 1: It could be Cam or Mace. You just me, I'm gonna go camp and this ain't wait. Let's so like, you know whatever, My my person never.
Speaker 9: Affected my in for music.
Speaker 1: I love music. You dig like when when when French and then came out with the scheming scheme, I had to listen to my father like my.
Speaker 7: For me, that's when I really started hating.
Speaker 1: I was like, I hate it. Deal with shout out the first Yeah. So what I'm saying with that is between me. So you know, I lived with cam Cams and my brother and whatever.
Speaker 8: I love that that we started from the bottom you heard, like, so it's like it's different, Like I noticed, I know he's a dog when to come to rapping, like I've been through thefestyle with him, also seeing how creative he is and ship like that. The same with Mas and ship like that. But there's just something about Cam that I.
Speaker 1: Think Cam versus Mace on versus you going can, I'm going Cam, But Ma showed me how to wrap.
Speaker 9: I mean I've said, I've said times.
Speaker 8: But Mace was smart enough to show me how to rap and compound the balls and things like that. So I can never take that play. And Mace got some of the dopest music that I heard. Also, but Mace only has one album. Cam got platinum albums, like not one of them. And that's what people don't be understand when they come to you Cam and a multi platinum artists when you see them like like you heard, like real platinum plaques and not the one that was accumulated by streams, the one that people had.
Speaker 7: To go in the store and.
Speaker 1: D mill you see, you got scratched, you had to go.
Speaker 8: Like stopped playing and some people was bond toing and one of keeping it classic because it's a classic, like stop playing like you just wanted to and.
Speaker 1: These is ten ninety nine, twelve ninety nine.
Speaker 8: Like they people had to come up out their pocket.
Speaker 1: It wasn't no credit carding, no Apple pat.
Speaker 7: It was a hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: So I got a couple of apples on tape Bro Moore reporters on tape Bro, I've seen that the other day. I didn't even wanna sign it. I was like, remember.
Speaker 8: Sniffing Cam sniffing joint because you want to take Yeah, I would tell people we was bro. We was recording before pro tools, like it was just.
Speaker 1: Right, the little door, a little door you got to carry around kids don't like, Yo, it's like eight pound. It was dash and rails before.
Speaker 8: I remember when the first to real was rigged, was broke into the Hit Factory studio like, yo, there is some digital ship, like some digital ship like now we don't need nothing rails no more. We're going like I remember this vividly. I remember Swiss Beasts coming in that same year, that same album recording that was Cam's first album in Hit Factory, and d and Rough Riders walked in with this young kid had to be sixteen, looked like a baby nephew.
Speaker 1: He wasn't even named Swiss at the time.
Speaker 8: It was his name is Swiss. But so that was the you had you Better buy beat. He came and Cam's studio started playing some ship so he's so one of those records with Kim was cam By his first beat, besides the Beast that he gave to rough Rider, Like he was the first person to buy a Swiss beast piece.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 9: I don't want to rhund. I just want to talk to y'all ship like that.
Speaker 6: Like it's me Cam and DMX, that was the first people to Yeah, I'll give it to Cam. I ain't gonna take that from Cam. But it's me Cam and d m X.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, because it's band from TV is Stop Drop and I believe it's Glory. I believe it's the name of the record. But I'm on that record, so I can't take it. Like, hey, many this mother, remember yo yo, listen, I'm about to get you. I'm about I'm about to get you. Drink okay thinks or pop smoke.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna go with well, see, let's just drink Okay, let's drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, New York City. God, bless both of them individuals are our piece of them.
Speaker 8: Bless their family and my condolences and all that. I know it's hard when you lose someone you day. We can't compare them type of people, and they're both great. They both did standing job when it came into this music and it was left prematurely you they like you know where they was both going. Like the last album that Chink did, like that boy, I didn't even know he was that ill when it came to like You Dig, and then Pop Smoke put a whole new wave on top of New York City that right.
Speaker 1: Now, if he would have been alive, he would have been next.
Speaker 8: Different type of a level of stardom, Like he was really going there, like he was you know in New York, you know in New York every every ten years.
Speaker 1: Life right there. It was like so I believe I believe.
Speaker 8: That Pop Smoke was the next one that was gonna feel that.
Speaker 6: The recipes of his family too, air Force Ones or Jordan's.
Speaker 8: Honestly, I'm gonna go air Force Ones heard, but Jordans is good after that, but it Ones, I just.
Speaker 1: Got just send me, just send me Drakes air Force one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I ain't gonna lie. It's nothing different. It just got a lot boy, no boy. I was like, I'm gonna with him today.
Speaker 1: I said, Man, I'm I'm gonna step on some ship. Like I said, it's just my love. So chill and kiss or Styles peace, Let's drink. Okay, let's drink me more drink. Let's drink.
Speaker 8: Jamie there for, I ain't gonna lie. So Styles was my favorite rapper for long. You got an album with them, I don't have an album some cuts with them? Oh Eth, we were supposed I was doing got it, got to get get it. This is back in the cot gotch So we take it take just take a drink and the finishing year.
Speaker 9: But Sta stays. Styles was one of my drink one of my favorite rappers.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if so, I'm gonna go back in history, going to history, right, let's go. So.
Speaker 8: I remember maybe about ninety ninety six, maybe sixty seven ninety six, Yeah, maybe late ninety five ninety six.
Speaker 1: I remember.
Speaker 8: Mace used to live uptown. Kids called young guns back in the day, and uh a little short stocker kids. It's an apartment called it who called locks? You know, they were doing music and all that, the name styles and shit like that. And then he had did this verse and he was like a hundred niggs stat a hundred niggas batted me. Still could shadowt me. I'm only getting up splitting up your anatomy. You heard he had did that verse, right. But the funny thing was about it. He was in that apartment because that incident I believe had happened and ship like that, and he had turned around and did the verse and the record and shit like that. And then from there it was like the locks and everything started becoming so visible. And then I just started listening to the heavy styles like he shit wizard cheap styles was like.
Speaker 1: Girl like no, no, no, take it away, don't take it awa.
Speaker 8: But but where styles was like to me, he was the lead in the locks when I first started really started engaging in the locks like styles like that snig of styles.
Speaker 1: And then Jada just started really.
Speaker 9: Start going crazy.
Speaker 8: Throughout the years, his flow became so impeccable in the world, playing and things he was talking on if he was outside and he was in getting the cause against.
Speaker 1: This nigger.
Speaker 8: Jada is going crazy so there's no way I think like you did, like shouts the whole lots shout she too, like she is nice as hell too, like you.
Speaker 1: Did, like you don't.
Speaker 7: You don't get his proper flowers.
Speaker 1: And ship like that.
Speaker 8: But she'd be going to funk off all the time her like he goes crazy and ship like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so New Jack City or Juice, I like that. I like that, Jack said, Okay, easy e or Nipsey hustle. Damn my nigga. I didn't get to. I didn't.
Speaker 9: I didn't get to. I never got to. But he was one of my favorites of all time.
Speaker 8: Right easy, everybody, everybody, easy, easy say it.
Speaker 1: He bust through the string. Oh never, I'm just too clever.
Speaker 8: Show in fact that no one can evers I playing with me brop.
Speaker 7: Being outside a long time video music box.
Speaker 1: Stop doing that. Bro. Niggas ain't know what what's what West Coast term New York niggas out.
Speaker 8: Stop playing bro, Stop playing nigga when niggas seen them niggas on video music box.
Speaker 1: I remember, I said, you said some ship with Snoop. You said you was used to funk used the left stop. Then you said you see them they called that. Body was like, Oh, these niggas is really gay.
Speaker 8: Yo yo yo yo bro yo, Bro, I love, I love what's so certified gangsters like you did? Like I was, I'm a real fan of on West Coast music your dog Paum when dazzing them niggas was going crazy and them was coming out like bro what bro dazing the niggas was some of the nicest niggas on These niggas was going wow on records back in the days. Bro what like yo, the bet oh Man and the whole gang banging culture and ship like that. Just and then New York just started touching on the whole game, which I was just all turned out from the West Coast music and ship like that.
Speaker 9: You're digging in.
Speaker 8: The more I got into gang banging the mall, I was a fan of the West Coast and ship like that, and then it became a reality for me, like I'm really gang banging and now I'm doing music, and now I'm gang banging to a point that it's a thing that everybody in the.
Speaker 1: World could see.
Speaker 8: And now these niggas from the West Coast step and gang banging all their life and they Mama band, they papa been ganging, their uncle been gang banging, and now asking questions one of these niggas in New York acting like they really game banging. These niggas is fake bloods her like really fake bloods. I'm really getting death threats all the way on on the East Coast and shit like that, like really like I'm getting a bunch of bloods calling me.
Speaker 1: I'm getting all type of shit going on.
Speaker 8: When in the midst of the DIP set and really started getting into the height enough commercializing the gang banging on the East Coast, like we were responsible for that, and that shit came what not I would to say a price, but it came with questions and shit like that. So it was a point that I had to put on for what we were doing from the East Coast perspective, and I don't even really put on like go to the West Coast and do our video in the West Coast and really go to the West Coast and go to every hood on the West Coast and not saying I'm a bad man. There was people that we were calling so we could understand and build a bridge to what we were going on. Because we were all game banging. We were just all killing each other anyway. It was just black on black crime that was going on, but just on the different side. But to build a connection because we were all blood and shit like that was more or less what I was.
Speaker 9: Thinking about and shit like that. And that's what I was able to do.
Speaker 8: And I was able to go through California or LA and meet with some of the most notorious gang bangers out there, both crypt and blood, and that helped build the bridge to what we have today that there's so much East Coast and West Coast people that have camaraderie that all gang banging and shit like that.
Speaker 5: From my observation of seeing shit right like as a fan growing up, like I felt like at first it was like kind of cool to be cripped, like snooping number is popping all that. It was like cool to be cripped. Then when y'all came out, well you came out you you know, you wrapping the blush.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 5: I feel like around like old Fall five, like you start really going crazy with again Lit And from my perspective, I feel like you influenced the Lord Wayne shit, like you know you Juel's camp.
Speaker 1: I feel like y'all influenced that a little bit from where who he became who he became like he was like.
Speaker 8: Shouts the Wayne shouts the whole cash money. That's our family, man. We got a lot of history with them, And I mean, I do believe that Wayne was influenced heavily by what we were doing and Dip Set from the way we were walking, dressing and talking, the game, bank culture, how fly it was. They was getting some money and ship like that. You digging, They dove into it and ship like that. And I'm saying, I don't know what they were doing before that, but I know there was a change once they started mixing with the Dip Set whole movement and things like that. And I love Wayne the deaf and shit like that. That's the blood blood. How you feeling to him like that? That's that's the god shouts the bird Man too.
Speaker 1: Man. One of the most incredible executives. He don't get his.
Speaker 8: Flowers the way he should be, but he probably got He got one of the most retarded his runs inside of this hip hop history ever in all times, hands down.
Speaker 1: And he's still running.
Speaker 8: But they forget the correlation of what he is responsible for. And still connected to and still getting paid off of. You know what I mean, like real shouts of the whole hash money, So heat Makers or hit Maker Ship.
Speaker 1: I got, I got albums and relationships with both of them.
Speaker 8: He Makers is actually one person that's awesome this He's responsible for the whole dip set sound, so the whole ramped up sample sounds that you loved, Jowels and camp full and ship like that, the whole that's what he was responsible for.
Speaker 9: Hit Maker is actually Young Bird, which we've.
Speaker 8: Seen reinvent himself and so many times from being a rapper to now one of the top producers of all times like that, and I just did an album with him back in my prime shouts the problem on twelve one of my favorite spots out here.
Speaker 4: Check that out.
Speaker 1: Okay, push your tea or malice.
Speaker 9: To keep it a buck.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go with push your tea, so we're not gonna drink to them, but shouts to push your.
Speaker 9: Tea, very dope water. Everybody know he's a monster when that comes to doing music.
Speaker 1: I can't take nothing away from them.
Speaker 8: I know everybody's seen every thing that was going on recently inside of the media and the internet. I believe it was cool one time of my life I got to engage into some verbal warfare and and don't have to go beyond that and ship like that. Who knows what he might come up with. He's very crafty and ship like that. Some people react off top, some people take years to come back. I've seen niggas have beef and years to try to kill a nigga you heard. It's not all successful. But this is what I'm trying to say, how people try to line people up. But for the most part, I think it was dope.
Speaker 1: It was cute.
Speaker 9: I don't know if he actually take a shot at.
Speaker 7: Me, but it was.
Speaker 1: It was huge.
Speaker 7: It was it was it was pointing, it was pointed in that direction.
Speaker 1: It maybe you made me feel the type of way I wanted to say this related, but he could always say, you know, Jim, I wasn't talking about you.
Speaker 9: I mean, and I would be hurt. That would be heartbreak. Was so upset.
Speaker 1: About Mama was talking about talking about let me let me start.
Speaker 8: I mean what it is, what it is man, whatever however they want to take it is cool, you know, I mean, like you did this, It's still rap music and like that.
Speaker 9: I've seen cool o d be like I'm from I'm from that row.
Speaker 7: This is what it is.
Speaker 1: We see what it is.
Speaker 8: I put a response out there, pretty crafty, I think I think I think it was pretty crafty.
Speaker 7: To me is my mother.
Speaker 9: But that's not a subject that we gotta dwell on.
Speaker 1: Get me out of here. We're out here, al or sham guard.
Speaker 9: Damn, that's crazy. So I'm gonna pick.
Speaker 8: Oh, you're gonna pick I was going to drink to that. I'm going to pick Ali Moe blesseds and not. And that's not because he passed away RP to his soul. Like I went to high school Alley Moore.
Speaker 9: I know Ali Moore.
Speaker 8: I watched Ali Moore playing basketball with Cam. I watched Ali Moore playing basketball and tournaments. He was hands down one of the nicest individuals in basketball in the world.
Speaker 9: I'm not talking about not not not, I'm talking about in the world.
Speaker 8: I've seen that kid do some things that will never ever be duplicated in basketball at all.
Speaker 9: I mean, and I don't know if there was no Instagram, it was.
Speaker 1: Not that error.
Speaker 9: This was an era that you have to be at.
Speaker 8: But Ali Moe, the Black widow hands down. And you can ask anybody who's been around since they nineties and watching basketball and street basketball and in high school basketball.
Speaker 1: He's like and no disrespect to Shamguard.
Speaker 8: Shamguard is one of the earliest niggas with a basketball in his hand, his handle. He got basketball moves named after him. You heard, but the moves that Ali Moe was doing and didn't have no name for. He was doing his ships off the whim like.
Speaker 1: I took the shot. I'm sorry. I mean tell you, I tell you like Ali, like Ali.
Speaker 6: Player, his trip used to be so low, talking about to be so low, talk.
Speaker 1: About listen when I met him and Yo, I'm getting you.
Speaker 16: I wanted to Jim Jones, Okay, all Swiss beats, Digger Swiss beats, We're going.
Speaker 7: If nobody know who six figured digg is sig dig is.
Speaker 1: The first.
Speaker 9: Producer for Cameron Bloodshed.
Speaker 8: I would say Mace from back when they started with Children of the Corner and asked Cameron game his success those with all the.
Speaker 9: Beasts that Digger was making and things like that.
Speaker 8: Also digg It Diigger created the Diplomat logo so that eagle with the that's going through he created that logo for anybody.
Speaker 1: Sugar Digger, six figure digger.
Speaker 6: He created the one half of your mustache is gray and the other half to get.
Speaker 1: Your fucking you up. Okay, this is the last one on quick Time of s line and I'm very curious. This is my favorite one.
Speaker 6: Me and Finish is our favorite one that we always ask and this is the one that we always feel like.
Speaker 1: This the most simple ast loyalty or respect? Respect? Okay, now, respect, we want to break it down mmmm. Same respect. Respect is something that's earned and not given.
Speaker 8: Somebody could just be loyal, to be loyal to something that they want to be a part of that has nothing to do with the same respect they might have not for you.
Speaker 1: You heard.
Speaker 8: Somebody can be loyal to an opportunity and not have no respect for you.
Speaker 1: Heard.
Speaker 8: Hold on now and they say respect, Let's talk about respect because everybody not might not respect you.
Speaker 9: But I always say that's cool. But you're not going to disrespect me.
Speaker 1: You heard right.
Speaker 8: We're gonna get that straight off the top. And if you if you try that, you're gonna learn to respect me. About this lesson, I'm gonna give you. You heard, So that's how I feel but and and being loyal. Yes, it's something that's very precious, especially when it's amongst the brotherhood and things like that. And I've been loyal to a flaw to everything that I attached myself to, anybody that I've attached myself to, and people can't I wish somebody would say anything about my loyalty to what I've No.
Speaker 1: I think I think no.
Speaker 6: One can't question your sing both. So you're actually saying both. I'm being honest. That's a good shot. I won't even drive, but that was a great that's a great focus.
Speaker 1: You gotta take the shot.
Speaker 9: We won't take.
Speaker 8: Respect over loyalty anything you did, because whether you loyalty and not, we were all we're gonna respect each other.
Speaker 6: That's a great answers. So so because we only got a little while longer because they got to wrap it up you. But one thing did I notice? Right the verses, I was so hyped. I can't make it to New York. Pat Joe was calling me, Man, we gotta be front, bro. I'm like, because it's from real New York. Ship Like, I just smelled the Timberlands from where I was at, wherever I was, I smelled. I smelled Timberlands, I smelled sour like I was tuned in. But the one thing that I noticed about the verses prior to being recorded was I called you, I called Cam, I called you else. I caused kissing styles and they were together. They were together with hearsing. So I automatically knew. I automatically knew that was a tiny advantage because hold on, take a shot with you.
Speaker 1: Hold on, you can't jesus stick with Bobby Brown for a second. A couple more said all right, my bad, yet hold on. Do you think that that was the reason?
Speaker 6: Why is because did y'all kind of look at it more as.
Speaker 1: A bag off? I'm gonna ask you it was both, okay.
Speaker 8: I mean, it was a great bag the saving money through us at the time, and it was a dope opportunity.
Speaker 1: But as all them niggas, you know.
Speaker 8: We think were the coolest niggas, and we got it all together all the time, and we don't.
Speaker 9: Hard work bet talent every time.
Speaker 8: And yes we are super talented individuals, you know, but when you don't put that.
Speaker 9: Working working, you're gonna tend to come up short.
Speaker 8: And I don't think we put enough working for the task that was at hand because we think we so cool and we always conform vultra on and shit like that, and that place blame on no one, a place, blame on all of us, and ship like.
Speaker 1: That you did.
Speaker 6: But I see a lot of people say that it was it was how y'all laid it out. It wasn't that, you know what I'm saying, Like, I mean, it's cool.
Speaker 9: I mean I think that. I think it was a great battle all the way up into the end.
Speaker 1: Did I think it was fun?
Speaker 8: I think it was entertainer, but the fans got a different perspective on what they see and ship like that.
Speaker 1: It's cool, But I had a great time.
Speaker 8: But like I said, uh, proper preparation prevents poor performance every time.
Speaker 1: Did y'all do it over?
Speaker 8: We wasn't properly prepared. We didn't rehearse per se. We got together, gathering, put a game plan together. But we knew better than I think we all knew that we couldn't have rehearsed and they and they taught.
Speaker 1: Us that, and ship like that, And I said, and I supposed to styles I felt them sweating, like I felt like they were serious, and I was just like, damn, they taking this ship too like. But anybody that's down with did he take it serious? You know?
Speaker 6: Did he make people rehearse it, prepared for shows, all type of.
Speaker 8: But the same the same thing with us, the same thing with cam. Cam is a menace when it comes to that type of ship. But you know, we we have we all have our disconnect and ship like that. And you know, but I can't take nothing away from the hall word that the Locks put it in and ship like that you did.
Speaker 9: It was their time and that was the way it was written.
Speaker 1: And ship like that.
Speaker 8: And I'm a fan of what they did and ship like that. They look good out there. I took my hand to them, ready.
Speaker 1: For the rematch. It was hip hop. No. But what with Jim Jones is Jim Jones is battling men bleak? I mean not being like, I don't like Memphis. Someone's moving a spot, Memphis, Someone's moving. I'm sorry that spots. Somebody get it bad shots.
Speaker 9: The men bleak working. He ain't no sloushy. He put it. He put in a lot of work. He got he got some hints. But I don't think that he's ready for the type of ship that.
Speaker 8: Would go on in the verses with me and on that type of forum and ship like that, Like I really like people tend to look over the catalog that I have and ship like that, like I've really made classic albums, and I really French platinum hits. Now, that'd be dope, fresh guy hell hits. But in New York City we would go up. We heard we would go off in New York City. It'd be a battle. I would love to do.
Speaker 1: Something like that.
Speaker 8: But then French Fresk got some big, big, big ass hits, like I can't take away from him, and ship like that. You did, like he definitely put the work and he deserved. I'm just saying that I got a hell of a catalog and and the forum that was said, if you put me in New York City in that type of form and ship like that, I do believe that Capitol will have a lot of tricks up under his sleeve because I got so undeniable hits, and then I got some undeniable New York hits, a lot of them. You did like and that and and that's and that's hard to beat when you're into town, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: If you and French is battling who is Drake coming out with? Because Drake I don't, I don't.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't have any I don't have any records with Drake. But if Drake don't come out with French, that would definitely records with the hell of a cheat code super light, That's what I'm saying. So it's like, God damn, like you did. But I definitely would have a great time inside of New York shot the French. But I do believe that there's other people that Front should go up against that he would. He would definitely give him a run for their money and ship like that. Like he he he's earned the respect as far as the hiss that he's put out and the music that he's put out to go up against a lot of people and ship like that when it comes to that type of form, and he could do it anywhere because he got them type of his right right. Yeah, you know, I keep it funky man. I ain't really got no you know what I mean. We're gonna talk about it. We're gonna talk about We're always gonna keep it down the line.
Speaker 1: To Zeke get down for so long, big change.
Speaker 7: Just like that.
Speaker 1: But you're down for so long. He's been lord with it people so long, and he wrapped and done all of that. Don't wrap I'm about.
Speaker 9: Can I say before get out here, because.
Speaker 8: I always like, I always like to promote all I'm about to start.
Speaker 2: Loyal time John, he kept going after the go.
Speaker 7: In that case.
Speaker 8: So I just want to say that I'm about to start shooting the late night variety show with alive and studio audience. And I want to say, variety show, you got characters and stuff with it. So I want people to look out for this late night show. I mean a real late night show like New York Hall and in living color type of ship. Been working on it for a while. We're about to start shooting at the at the end of August. You know, I've been into this whole uh making television shows.
Speaker 1: I call you all the time. A lot of the things way better than I just want to tell my hat to you and give you.
Speaker 8: Your flowers at the before any I mean, while we have the opportunity.
Speaker 9: Because what you've been doing is a hell of a job.
Speaker 8: I've seen you turn your life around a lot of different times, and this one it seems like you really figured.
Speaker 9: Out what you need to be.
Speaker 6: You know what it is like an open shop and set up shop and closed shop whenever I want. And you know, I got tired of like doing show. You know when you do shows with other people, like you don't know if these people are there to see them or to see you. I sort of hate them to the best part about this is I see you happy. I'm happy to see a whole different from yes, yes.
Speaker 1: I grew up.
Speaker 9: I mean we all get older.
Speaker 8: We changed that ten years because to see where you're at making boss moves, you're putting people in a position to win.
Speaker 1: Think you got how you're hiring people.
Speaker 9: I see you hire your son speak speaking of you hire your son. This is this is this is my son, This is my son's tea.
Speaker 1: This coven is cool.
Speaker 6: That's fire, that's crazy, that's fire, all right. He puts something over your face so he don't get you.
Speaker 8: Anybody anybody else can use the diplomat diplomat logo like this definitely him. So you know, I'm just like, I see you put your son in position and things like that. I've been working side of side with my with my son for years to try to figure out what he want to do when he finally got something, so I'm excited to pipe him up. And he got a license too, He definitely got his license. He been trying to trying to take the range out, like yo, let me just go to the sore like And it's funny when you're not a parent until you a parent and me going through this whole car situation with him, and maybe I'm true.
Speaker 1: No, I've been wanting to buy I've been wanting to buy my car.
Speaker 7: I've been wanting to buy my car.
Speaker 8: But you know, as a parent, I want to make sure that he's safe while he's driving something like that.
Speaker 1: Bro, you gotta driving me for like a month, like yo, you gotta show me that ill behind the wheel before.
Speaker 8: I buy you this vehicle and ship like that, And maybe thinking to myself, maybe I'm I'm doing too much. I see other parents buying their kids cars.
Speaker 9: And things like that, but I'm just like you.
Speaker 1: I would never know I would be that parent to be like that to my son, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: But ship, I love him to death and ship like that. But I thank you for this opportunity to be here shouting.
Speaker 7: I want to shout out.
Speaker 1: I want to shout out sunny d body transport whatever in Miami.
Speaker 8: They make sure that I'm protected and I get whole safely to and from your someone shout out the whole Miami and ship like that, y'all.
Speaker 9: You know I love them definitely. Is my birthday weekend.
Speaker 1: We're all going up, and we're going up and I'm hanging out with you. I'm hanging out, We're gonna go.
Speaker 6: I'm hanging out with you and I'm celebrating my twenty fifth anniversary of my first album.
Speaker 1: I'm celebrating with you. That means that he was probably together. Yes, it's amazing. TV cam came whatever when who listened to me?
Speaker 8: Whenever, whenever, whenever, I'll be going whenever I go through my ship and ship like that. Sometimes I sit back at home and I'll be like.
Speaker 1: Nigga, who is really mad about like bro, Like like straighten up your face. I can come out like I got a problem of being grossy and I got to sit back like Nigga, you you.
Speaker 8: Pretty good for yourself, Like you really know where you're from, bro, Like the ship.
Speaker 9: That you beat right here, like we're all champions.
Speaker 8: Out here, like we've all been a helified adversity and were coming out on top. Right now, you do like every day, every day ain't gonna be our best you as long as we strive to be better than the next ding And she's like that, I always got a conscious effort in my mind to be better. Like I have this thing like I've been giving back so much because I got to.
Speaker 1: Take a lot.
Speaker 9: So before I go, I want to know that I gave more than.
Speaker 1: Jamie. I need I need to shot for that. What's yet the first that was Hardy got a job.
Speaker 7: First, shouts the hot talents smoke shot.
Speaker 6: So this is pretty much the last question. But we've been there next to the last.
Speaker 1: So what would it take for us to get a full fledged dipset album right now? What would it take?
Speaker 9: I ain't gonna I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 8: From my perspective, if if, if, if it was a perfect world and I can have things my way, it would take us. It would it would for me, It just how I see it, and I know that it would be in my eyes it would turn into a hell of a success. It would take us partnership, partnering up with the right person, whether it be it labeled, someone who has vested interest to see us win, we dig and once we have a sound blueprint of that.
Speaker 9: And I have to say that it's about the money.
Speaker 8: But money makes this ship move when it comes to doing music, and it's a certain esthetic that we want to see and it's a certain type of stund that people want to hear.
Speaker 1: And we ain't trying to cheat the people and things like that, you know.
Speaker 8: And I think a lot of that is what's been going on in the past years of us doing these Diplomats installments and things like that, because we're so used to having this whole independent layout.
Speaker 9: But I think that we put so much work in and things like that.
Speaker 8: That people deserve a real Diplomat album and that's not gonna happen until we have a sound partner that could put up the bill to make the different documentary way that needs to be seen and ship like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: And that's just that.
Speaker 1: Fan my Diplomat album. I want y'all in the studio together. Now we're going to I've been.
Speaker 9: I've been.
Speaker 1: I've been for like the past seven years.
Speaker 8: I've been having this plan of how to get this Diplomat album done and ship. I want ship like that, like you did, like for everybody together wherever we go, and ship like that, you dig and really encompass the sound of who we are.
Speaker 9: It's always been a universal sound.
Speaker 8: And the way the music is moving now, the way we can merge the music with some of the younger are becoming artists of some of the most powerful artists.
Speaker 1: Going on, and shit like that.
Speaker 8: A lot of these artists that are real fans of what we've done and as diplomats and ship like that. Will say, I speak to a lot of them all the time, and shit like that, and I think that if we mix all this music together and really get these people a real dope diplomat album and ship like that of both what they been missing and everything that they listen to right now, ship like that but on the highest level of making music, which we can't do.
Speaker 1: And ship like that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 9: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like really like really like like the stompers out here, like the steps.
Speaker 5: I was raised on this set, look like there's a rapper I feel abatic, Like who your favorite?
Speaker 8: I think with no shade, I think, I think, I think we deserve it. You did like like this has been We've been through a whole lot of ups and downs and things like that. But I don't think that we really after our first album. I don't think that we as a whole, we never really got a chance to really go go like that.
Speaker 9: We all started getting so much.
Speaker 1: Money at that time. Like you people forget, forget these is.
Speaker 8: We're all separate entities that start going platinum on ourselves and together.
Speaker 1: You heard like like it wasn't just Cam breaking in the door anymore, it's all of us raking into it, you know what I mean. And money, money clouds a situation.
Speaker 8: I mean, if I don't know if you got any money, if you ever really got some money, if you really got some money and you're doing it with you know how it goes clouds a situation, and it really ja'es you, especially at a young age when you don't have no guidance. And that was one of the things that we really missed as we was coming up. Not to say that whatever happened happened, but we didn't never have no Oh Jesus, you know how it was.
Speaker 1: We were just doing your trial and error.
Speaker 9: I learned everything as we went, as we went alone and ship.
Speaker 6: Like You're in Cam's relationship with Mimmy and me and Capone a lot. You know what I'm saying, Like you be brothers, but it's just like we have opinions on our brothers. Because you and my brother, I still have an opinion against you. You know what I'm saying for you, Let me ask you a question. When you see them going through whatever they're going through, what is your opinion on it?
Speaker 8: My opinion, I really think, motherfucking they need to call each other and just holler each other.
Speaker 1: It's funny, get the mic on own hey, they just call each other and holler at each other on their own time. You know what I'm saying Because a lot of people over here say ship. A lot of people over here say ship. I think they just need to go pick up and beat me.
Speaker 10: Let me see Zeek the type of nigga be Like I called yo, this nigga get me. I go crazy, Like yeah, right here with him right now? What he said exactly what he said, like you don't he don't, he don't.
Speaker 9: Have no sides in this whole situation.
Speaker 8: I can tell you that was one of the most beautiful things that we have when it comes to see both of you, denullinator between all of us, he never picked a side and he has his own right suit all of us to you like like you heard, like you heard, like Zeke, you imagine what he got to go through in the midst.
Speaker 1: Of everybody know, I'm thinking about him, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Like he never really got his full opportunity to reap all the benefits that we got to because he was locked up at the time when we was at the height of our career and.
Speaker 1: Ship like that.
Speaker 9: So when we was getting millions of dollars.
Speaker 8: In it like that and going crazy and ship like that, he came in until end of it and he missed everything. So at that point, it's like, imagine what you know what I mean, But this is my boy right here. We're back at it.
Speaker 1: I'm talkin. I think.
Speaker 5: I think people really don't understand the points of all of y'all being together, Like you know, you know you came in rapping lately late late in the game, but people don't understand like the ship.
Speaker 1: Talking, the ada lives the background of you, Zeic.
Speaker 5: Like niggas don't well me as a fan, I know how important is I wanted to hear all that like all of that count after the disrecord, you talking ship you, we like that's dipset. It ain't just cam and it ain't just it ain't just you and just was just us. You say that no matter, And we got the right to say that, all of us just saying about you, nigga. We all have the right to say that.
Speaker 8: We always say that, all of us, even Joel's and ship like that you did whenever we in the midst of whatever, like Dip said, is never about one man, it was about all of us. We made that thing move as a whole like that, You know what I mean? So shouts a Jewel Santana.
Speaker 1: He got some more music. You listen to me, listen to me. I listen to me. I fight with Juel's every day.
Speaker 8: But I do know he got a whole album that he got done, and I'm talking about he got all the steppers on it.
Speaker 1: I mean studio. I text him.
Speaker 8: He's in a text him like you.
Speaker 1: I can't I can't like it.
Speaker 8: I do know that he was in the midst of a d I do know he was in the mist of a deal and he was finishing up. But he definitely has some music. But I feel like you feel for so many years and ship like that. But Jewel's your favorite rapper, always my favorite rapper. That boy still can go.
Speaker 1: Rap up all the time of all the time.
Speaker 9: I got so many rappers that meant so much to me and ship like that you did.
Speaker 1: Look, let me say it before you. I can't really just won't say one. But it's like all encompass one that would.
Speaker 5: Be incident right listen, Like it's a lot of rappers that influenced me or I hear their music and make me want to do this and make me want to.
Speaker 1: But like you overall, like you my favorite rapper or the fact of your whole style.
Speaker 5: It wasn't like just the rat it was the style, it was the ship talk, and it was the mean of the attitude overall. So when I'm asking you that, like it's a bunch of rappers, like I know jay Z is one of the greatest, Like, but you my favorite rapper because of everything in the hole.
Speaker 1: So I want to know, like who influenced you as a whole. And I hear you saying y'all keep twenty in the pocket like change, I'm like.
Speaker 17: He's still rocking. Car Roll he's still like it's like fly so so like that.
Speaker 8: Who influenced me was the hustle, was in Harlem and in the Bronx. That's who really influenced me, George. It wasn't not boys George. I mean, boy George is one of them, but directly it was like THEMN type of cats in my hood. It was like first and then it was like Pop on one hundred thirteenth Street, and then it was like that Big Day.
Speaker 9: It was like Big Dave.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you're familiar with Big Dave, Big Dave l cool J's one of his covers.
Speaker 9: He got Big Days Mercedes bands.
Speaker 8: It was it was a black Mercedes bands like this, how like, this is the type of.
Speaker 9: Individuals that we grew up wanted to be like, Like my man DDA that.
Speaker 8: Took us to the tunnel when we was like fifteen sixteen and shit like this, and these niggas all going to the tunnel were drug money and they skipping line and getting on express line and shit like that. Like these are the people that were really shaped who I wanted to be like and shit like that. And then when it came to the music and shit like that, that the energy that I was getting. It was like, so Snoop was like one of the first people that I really like Snoop and and NAS like they really like Snoop because Snoop.
Speaker 1: Came that ships together, man, Snoop is deep.
Speaker 8: When deep Cover came out and this nigga came and this nigga came out and deep covering the way you started rapping. I was like, what the fuck is going on? And then he can't and then he came back with the braids. I'm like, no, this nigga is cold, Like who is this nigga you heard? And then then yeah, Snoop was That's why I got braids and then now and then NAS was like yo, Nas So in high school was me and Zeke like when he did the barbecue and ship like that when he when he did that barbecue, it was like, Yo, who the fuck is this?
Speaker 1: Why is he talking about what we doing?
Speaker 8: Like this is like you did like they were like, so it was like then it started then like and then Pock this embodied the fly cocky gang banging ship like Snoop was gang banging, but Pock me that ship feel like I just like nigga what like Yo, Bro Pop like I got into my first fight with Pop like Yo, I never heard went upstairs, listened to poking mc bree. I gotta get mons, you gotta get yours. I gotta get mo guy and one thing I stand to have my first fight off that as a teenager, like Yo type of ship Pak was doing to me, and ship like that.
Speaker 1: Like really like oh my god, like Yo. And then and then it was like and then it was like Jay.
Speaker 8: You know, it was like Jake because the niggas started figuring out how to hustle and make some money, and that ship Jay started talking about was like, oh no, these niggas is getting this money. And then there was this gang banging and getting money. And then I'm dealing with niggas that was gang banging and getting real money. LL beat my man light and shit like that. Like it was like so many so I really can't put my hands on one rapper, but the most influenced you that probably would say it would be like Pop because I was so rebellious and I wanted to be like pocketing. Then Big he a big chapter in my life also because he was kicking all that New York shit and shit like that. Like, and then he was teaching you about how to kick it to the bitches and shit like that. Was one thing I learned from Big was like a lot of a lot of game how to kick it to the bitches, Like Big had a lot of game for the bitches and ship like that.
Speaker 9: This early skate key err and sit like that.
Speaker 8: I don't know if niggas know about skakey skake keys like ninety three, ninety four kid on Allenton, but yeah, but I mean I'm saying it was on Allenton and shit like that.
Speaker 9: And this is this one.
Speaker 8: Niggas was going to the rake the drink and New Jersey. So the hustlers and shit like that would go to the rink in New Jersey. The rinking New Jersey was over at two. Niggas would feed from the rink all the way back to the ska key And meanwhile we fourteen at fifteen saving up crack when Hey getting cabs on whle you damn. This was one thing Cam and was advanced that Cam and Honey six God bless Howey six shit you know Honey, everybody know who study see Honey was super advanced.
Speaker 1: Honey, Honey and Cam.
Speaker 8: These niggas was in the Kine Club when they was thirteen fourteen, like this what Harlem was all about. So when you'd be like, our influenced, our influence, this was really everything that was going on in the street and shit like that. And then starting to watch these rappers and shit like that. This gave us so much energy about what we wanted to be like and who we wanted to be like and shit like that. But Jay and Park and really really coming up. And then I remember Wu Tang Well, I remember when Rake put out the Purple tape. And this is when it's when Cam was living with me in five AH and when we got that purple tape, we put that CD in God bless my grandmother when she passed away. You put that CD in the little ship we had in a little by the kitchen. That purple tape. When I tell you, that purple tape played for the whole summer and nobody touched that radio.
Speaker 1: You hear what I'm saying. It played for the.
Speaker 8: Whole summer on repeat. Nobody touched the radio. That Purple Pact nigga her like that. Shit went crazy and then them niggas did videos in the hallm I break this whole table, Like yo, bro, when.
Speaker 1: Them niggas was doing ice treaming all that shit, the wol table was coming through like you felt like.
Speaker 8: You felt like it was a part of something like Yo, them niggas is up the block and then they coming through them vib Man dust from the projects and they come through vin Mad Dust from one hund fortieth sh like Yo, this but this is all hip hop, but it's.
Speaker 1: Part the street shit.
Speaker 8: So you know how we feeling like it's like you're digging. This is all in Harlem and this is what I mean. Like the streets really infected us at a young age and shit like that, Like we all been outside me z Cam, all of us that came up, we've really been outside any streets going to clubs, buggings. It's like fourteen to fifteen, trying to get in clubs, trying to get money, trying to get fresh, trying to be grown, like like this is where we embody and shit like that.
Speaker 1: Like and I'm just ranting right.
Speaker 7: Now and shit like that.
Speaker 1: But how important that was to the music that I do.
Speaker 8: On top of the rappers that influenced me, well, the streets was the biggest influence that I had because at that time we got to witness some hella five shit six five?
Speaker 1: What was a choice?
Speaker 7: It said?
Speaker 5: Like it gives different quotes from rappers that I guess they must ask questions or say, you said, you said one of your biggest regress is not believing in yourself earlier, like you know earlier.
Speaker 1: So did you ever see yourself.
Speaker 5: Being where you're at right now, like as a rapper or did you always kind of thing like y'a, I'm gonna support.
Speaker 1: My man and.
Speaker 8: I like, so, I remember I used to have this saying and shit like that that I wasn't famous, but all the famous people gonna know me, and then I'm just like, I'm not famous for now all the famous people know me. Like I always knew that my life was going to take a role that was going to be different from anybody else, and I was going to be very influential. I always felt that from a young age, for when my mama instilled that in me and shit like that.
Speaker 9: I never knew that it.
Speaker 8: Would be through rap music and I never threw it would be the opportunity. But I'm real about I've always been about energy since younger and I always see opportunities.
Speaker 1: Before they come. And when.
Speaker 8: I heard Kim and bloodshed and may start to rap. When we was like fifteen, when Kim moved to the East Side and his cousin RF bluodshit, I used to pay him callers to do freestyle and not to say it like that, nigga, We ain't had no money, but this was the thing that I got a call off. You getting sixteen and shit like that. You dig Like when I started hearing all these niggas was doing it and at that young age, and they were doing children in the corner and they was being real serious, and then they started going into her McGruff and the Big l and all that type of ship.
Speaker 1: I was like, I gotta stay close to these days. Mama's like like, oh, Mama's.
Speaker 8: Like with a little bit that doors that were opening when they were younger and ship like that, and me being around to be and seeing it be in the game, I was like, I need to be a part of this ship, like I I gotta stay close because this is where I need.
Speaker 1: To be this I can do this. And I didn't even know how to rap at the time. You see the vision and I knew.
Speaker 9: Who I was, like, Nigga, I could do this ship without rapping.
Speaker 1: I just need these people need to know who I am. They gonna feel me. You're hurting it.
Speaker 8: I just knew that from very beginners, before we even had opportunities, and then as opportunities start getting close, I knew that Cam was a precious commodity, and whether he knew it or not, I took it upon myself to.
Speaker 1: Do everything I could to help that situation.
Speaker 10: You did.
Speaker 1: Now we got one.
Speaker 9: We are out of here.
Speaker 8: We just got to make sure that we keep him safe and everything is gonna be okay, and that was always my plan.
Speaker 1: You're heard it. Hold on, I gotta get it out. Hold it, hold it, I gotta call it. Hold it. Have you been invited on CAM show yet? No? I haven't.
Speaker 9: I haven't been invited on IT shows dope, So I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't lie you.
Speaker 8: They know them niggas do no sports, and they do no basketball and shit like that. And what they're doing is no different from what we do on the block and ship like that. And that's why I got so dope because that's the same band so that niggas have about sports, right, the bodegga right on the stoop in the same language, the same way niggas snapping in the midst like it's just you did. But they're real serious about the points. They points and angles when it comes to sports. In these players they know they ship and ship like that.
Speaker 9: So it's dope.
Speaker 8: I do believe that they're going to get a super super dope big check off of hope. So yeah, yeah, it's getting is getting in know the writers deserved.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is where this is where it's going, is we want our news from us, We want our whatever we get, we want.
Speaker 6: To it should always come from the coach. Like our culture. Like God bless Skip baylists. We love them, but I fuck that. If I got to pick, I'm going camp, I'm going, I'm going. I'm supporting Killer, I'm supporting Mace. I don't know Skip Bailists, I don't know.
Speaker 1: All I just know is and then Camen got me thinking he racist now because they want the black he wanted you coach racist?
Speaker 8: Thinking of racist. I tell people this all the time. Hip hop is its own race.
Speaker 1: I always say that. I always say that it's a race. We've got our own dialects.
Speaker 8: It's a certain language that we got that everybody knows unanimously, and it'd be different dialects. So if you come down here to Miami, what they say might be different from what they.
Speaker 9: Say in Chicago.
Speaker 1: But nobody know what the fuck niggas is saying and ship like that this hip hop that's take a shot to be racist. Let me just take something I would never be racist.
Speaker 6: Like I said, man, I'm so proud of you. I'm so proud of your consistency. I'm so proud of your hustle. Damn you ain't you, ain't chante none of that.
Speaker 7: Last Now that's that's kind of physic sobriety.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was placed in front of him, but it's placing in front of.
Speaker 1: Me because listen, we couldn't have picked a better date to interview you.
Speaker 6: Because Drink Champs started out was just giving people, uh, flowers, flowers and you know people that's been in the game ten years or more. But now it's really about celebrating and I'm so proud to celebrate you, Like I'm so proud that like hear your roses because because one not because you're my friend, because.
Speaker 1: You deserve it, Like you a loyal, dude. I watched it for twenty five fucking years. I watched it. I ran with this seven. I believe our first fucking toys is together. I believe like our first run is together.
Speaker 6: So for me to see you from there and see where you're at now and it still be that same nigga, like you're just smaller and wiser, I'm so proud of it, you know, And I'm so I'm so happy that this platform has got bigger and bigger and bigger.
Speaker 1: So where I say this now now it means something you tell me.
Speaker 7: It always meant something. It always means something when it when it.
Speaker 1: Coach Flowers always say this about you.
Speaker 6: But now that now that this platform has become just bigger, we can't control it. Now, I'm so glad to give you this platform. I'm so glad to tell you how much you mean to the coach and how much you change the coach.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I just said, you know about you on your own, fluence, on your own and you know your Flowers, you deserve this. This is rare talk, like you know, like like you know, like I said.
Speaker 6: I was always with you, but it was always for young niggas from my hood telling me like, nigga were rocking the dip set and I'm like, we're walking to Jim Jones and niggas you have the niggas wearing the.
Speaker 1: Fun the funny jeans and ship. You know. I'm likeas got everybody coach, it's so dope. It's so dope what you did. It's what you're doing.
Speaker 6: And one thing for short things for certain people from our era could do whatever, but.
Speaker 1: You got a hit record now in this era.
Speaker 9: To take off.
Speaker 1: Man. Trust all people from our generations looking back and saying this, nigga got a hit and relevant ladies like bro, that's why everybody doing shows because niggas can't go back in the studio and make that.
Speaker 6: And you making it, and you're making it with niggas who want to make it with you. You fucking with niggas who want to be around you.
Speaker 1: Y'all dudes change the world and you continue to change the world every day. I want to change face to face man and man, how proud I am with you, But how face the face man, A man, you deserve it.
Speaker 8: I take all those flowers. I appreciate you, my brother, thank you, my brother like this, because you.
Speaker 6: Know why, there was a time he was humble. There's a time he was almost too humble. He was always playing the back seat and you're in the driver seat now.
Speaker 8: I'm sure trying to be humble, but it's hard, I mean, you know what I mean. But in this game and this game, humble don't work too much if you're trying to get your point across.
Speaker 1: But in life you need you need to be humble. When you're dealing with life, it's and humble at the same time. You gotta balance balance its balance.
Speaker 9: I'm grateful for this rap for this rap game.
Speaker 8: I can't say that it's saved my life so many times and it's still saving my life.
Speaker 9: Like they put me in a position like no other day.
Speaker 8: Like I don't know if people understand what it is to be where we're at, to be able to have been through the things we've been through, and like when I go home every ninety see that I can still feed my family, Like it's like it's it's like you know, I'm I guess you.
Speaker 1: Gotta last shot, you know what I mean, Like you gotta last shot over.
Speaker 9: There, last shot.
Speaker 8: I'm just about to drink this ain't no more shots you thisself.
Speaker 9: We're gonna take a shot.
Speaker 8: I just want to say, hip hop has been been a savior to me, man.
Speaker 9: I know it's been a savior to you.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna give your flowers the same time they.
Speaker 1: Got me drunk. It's my birthday over a day.
Speaker 8: Shots shots everybody that that that that that helped me get here, because it's not just me by myself. People like to say that I did this all by myself, and I did not do this all by myself. And I never say I always say we because I got a team behind me, or did I believe in and they.
Speaker 9: Believe in me?
Speaker 1: And you can tell like like I leaned off of him being Puerto Rican. I only see happy birthday in Puerto Rican. I see I see that. I don't even I don't. I don't really, I don't even know that thinking in the black ones.
Speaker 7: We want to be mad at Puerto Rican and black.
Speaker 9: I got some Spanish album coming up to so I just wanted to put that out.
Speaker 1: I see that.
Speaker 8: A couple of dollars, see you, man, Let me just say I appreciate you, my.
Speaker 1: Brother just off of me, brot me tell you something. That was the funnest time in my life doing a Spanish album. Everyone in our community laughed at me. Everyone criticized me, even my even my right hand man e F M. Fat Joe. They sat me down in meetings do it and was like, niggas, do not do that music. I did the music and I'm so notice nobody got stabbed. At the end of the night, I was like, I did not.
Speaker 9: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't do a good show, because that's how I felt like I did a good show, like I get stabbed like the boost me.
Speaker 8: You opened up, but you, Bro, you opened up the door, like like like you open up Paring Doris box.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's so much money there, bro, it's like going to open up its box, like you know when you come to a party, you opened up the figure when you left. Yeah, how did it? How does it feel? Though?
Speaker 7: What I didn't feel?
Speaker 1: What to be right?
Speaker 7: To be you?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 1: I would like to be me. I'm you right now busting out things watching like you know, I'm I mean whatever you yeah, I got I got to watch.
Speaker 7: It's only three d's.
Speaker 1: Made in the.
Speaker 7: What this shouting, Alex?
Speaker 1: What you have to deal with Alamo.
Speaker 9: Still got them caps in the stores.
Speaker 1: And that's right, that's right, guys.
Speaker 6: Once again, man, let me just say it again. Man, I really, I'm really proud of you. I really, I really brag about you. You know what I mean, Like I tell motherfuckers, a lot of people, a lot of people always want to be Jordan. And Jordan is great, Scotty. People live ahead of her life.
Speaker 1: You know, he's Dan. What is what is?
Speaker 8: What is?
Speaker 6: Nobody can't be great without that capital, without that right hand man.
Speaker 1: No one is great without that right hand man.
Speaker 8: And you, I said, Tony, I mean everybody's position, right, you got that person is always to do what wasn't nobody else is willing to do. But when you understand your position, it's gonna be great. On the other side, I've been through a lot. I was able to make Nigga. I wasn't a rapper bro like the soldiers. For me to sit here and talk to you, I know you from being like you did now you wanted to.
Speaker 1: Hear us rappers out Nigga Niga. The radio station didn't know I was interviewing you. I was going to the and we said the trains comes on. I said this, nigga, that's crazy because.
Speaker 6: Because right before whenever we do an interview, put the music on in here and I put the music on, so.
Speaker 1: We analyzed the person.
Speaker 6: But I'm talking about as soon as we got on, we got in the car, we said the trends was on and I was just like, Holy ship, this motherfucker was doing it in the nineties and doing it now.
Speaker 1: What you're doing has been unprecedented. Keep doing your mother really good personally. I'm gonna push for the album. I want you to. We're gonna get it together.
Speaker 8: We're gonna get it together, you know what, because everybody got good energy right now. Everybody is doing good at what they do right now. You think everybody's in their own lane. Everybody's flourishing and ship like that. So I do believe we'll get a dierent album. You dig I mean, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: But shouts so all my brothers you heard like.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't be nothing without them, I wouldn't be here without them, and that's one hundred percent effect and ship like that. So it's dipset so that we die shout to all shouts to all my v L vampire life, all my orders.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I got some.
Speaker 8: Music coming out. I got some incredible order. Ship lookout for us. We're about to start bombing and ship like that. Like, and that's what I'm most excited for. I got a group of artists as a boxing ass like. I've been working hard, They've been working hard, and we're gonna go up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: Besides everything else, I've been doing drip reporters on Refo about the.
Speaker 9: Shoot the Late Night Show.
Speaker 18: I got I got shots, got jo, I got I got got, I got jo, I got I got John, I got glasses, I got I got hot tolerance.
Speaker 1: It's different flavors, different flavors. But but man, let's yo, man, We're proud of you. Let's right it up right. I gotta leave me.
Speaker 3: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production in association with Interval Presents. Hosts and executive producers n O.
Speaker 1: R E and d J. E.
Speaker 3: F N from Interval Presents executive producers Alan Coy and Jake Kleinberg.
Speaker 1: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 3: Champs on Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at Drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real norriegon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com