Speaker 1: Second date, update date.
Speaker 2: Most of the time, if money is exchanged in return for a.
Speaker 3: Date, oh god dam, that can be.
Speaker 2: Viewed as kind of sketchy.
Speaker 3: I think it's kind of illegal.
Speaker 2: Not for me, though, That's why I always walk around with seven different money clips full of money denominations in multiple types of currencies from all around the world, because you never know.
Speaker 3: Just to be ready, you're.
Speaker 2: Willing to do that for eight hundred Barbadian dollars, you're in lux sir. I just happened to have that right here.
Speaker 3: Is it actually the currency of Barbados?
Speaker 2: Did you check Barbadian? You'll never know. And one of our listeners said in their email a money exchange was attempted for a date with her. It might have something to do with why she's not seeing this person right now, but she definitely wants to get a hold of them. Let's talk to Mela about it. Mila, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this setup to all of this makes it sound so sketchy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, when you say it like that, I guess.
Speaker 2: But there's no shame in doing like a sketchy money exchange for a date.
Speaker 4: There is you're happy with the amount with pride though.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell us about this person that you met and how this money exchange happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I met the sky Sam at a charity auction. It's basically I'm trying to raise money building a new community center.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Part of the event was auctioning off gate.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I participated in something like this once and it was so nerve wracking.
Speaker 3: Were you being auctioned Yes?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, please so much just been This is gonna be so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Was it weird that your husband didn't even put his hand? Oh my god?
Speaker 3: So wait, were you being auctioned off or was he being auctioned off?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, I was auctioned Oh I will say, and I maybe shouldn't. I was auctioned off once and I actually ended up getting drunk with the person on our date and we had the greatest time. But it's going to actually be a date.
Speaker 2: They were supposed to not be real dates. It's a room of experienced date auctions. How have you been sold? I have not been sold. No, I'm the buyer. But how did you feel when you were being put up like that? Were you nervous.
Speaker 1: Of course I was nervously because I met this cute guy. Like part of it was a silent auction, and during that time I met Sam and he was very sweet and he made me laugh. He made me feel less nervous about the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you guys talked about how you were up for auction before a date.
Speaker 6: We yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Then he asked me like, hey, what number are you in the auction? And I was like, well, be prepared though, because you're gonna have to take out a second mortgage. I'm not cheap.
Speaker 2: It's a little scary charity to right cause showing interest that he wants to bid on you before it happens. That's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, and it was luckily that joke landed well. So okay, it made me a lot of hope. But of course the worst possible thing happened. What Sam starts bidding on me. Great love that we knew that was going to happen. But then my freaking ex boyfriend comes into play but and starts fitting again him.
Speaker 3: What why would he do that?
Speaker 2: So stupid?
Speaker 1: He wants to meet back together with me?
Speaker 4: Did Sam ever know that was your ex or was it just like a bidding war with a guy he didn't know?
Speaker 3: Hopefully?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think he knew.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good. I mean, honestly, it kind of hypes you up, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: So did he win? Who won the date?
Speaker 1: My ex one?
Speaker 3: He did? You actually verbally say yuck? When he won?
Speaker 1: You start crying on stage? Well, it's super charity, so I didn't want to seem perturbed by who won. Yeah, it wasn't like it was a bad relationship either, like the relationship had just run its course.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's just bad that he can't get over it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can we ask how much money you went for? Is that a rude questions?
Speaker 1: No, it's not rude at all. And I, for the record, definitely think I'm worth more than this amount. That's gay. Okay it was two thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to say twenty grand, but okay, it's.
Speaker 3: Respectable charities do you go to.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say what the Illuminati does and does not do. The two thousand is great, that's a good amount of cash.
Speaker 3: But with your did you already go out with him?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't. I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm gonna make it very him. You know that this is just for charity.
Speaker 2: But what happened after the auction ended with Sam? Were you able to like reconnect with him and be like, hey, I actually like was hoping you would win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, told him that, and I was actually able to get his phone number later on through Supervisor that.
Speaker 3: He's like, I get a free date. Awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I haven't contacted him yet. I was hoping that maybe you guys could help me out.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, what are we going to call him and convince him to ask you out somehow? Why did you just have him out?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm nervous, and I know he loved your show too, so I figured this might be the best way.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, the whole point is we need to ask out Sam for you.
Speaker 3: I just think he's going to be so easy, Like, why would he say no?
Speaker 1: I guess I'm kind of surprised that he didn't find a way to get my number, But I don't know. Maybe he felt like it wouldn't have been the right time since I was literally bought by somebody else.
Speaker 5: Well, I wonder if you somehow could just vibe and tell that was your ex or something, and he's.
Speaker 4: Just like, look, I'm or somebody else from the foundation that you work with us like, let it slip, because I'm sure some of your coworkers knew it and they're.
Speaker 2: Probably getting back together. These are all questions that we can ask him when we come back and try and get the second date update and ask why he didn't think you were worth more than two thousand dollars. Yeah, we're gonna do it right after this second date update.
Speaker 3: You're in the middle of.
Speaker 4: A second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here Part two, coming.
Speaker 2: Up to the auction stage. She's a five foot six brunette but five 'ot nine in heels. She's got a sharp sense of humor with limited baggage, except for the ex boyfriend who follows her around to charity events and tries to win it back. Her name is Mela, and now let's start the bidding at fourteen million dollars. Oh do I hear fourteen million? Fourteen million?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 3: No, no, no million.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm gonna bit on it. Sold row.
Speaker 3: I think that was actually official, Mela for you. You just want a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Or like four bitcoins. I know you're worth Mela.
Speaker 3: How do you feel, Amila?
Speaker 1: I feel really good now that you guys just gave me a off forbid.
Speaker 2: I know I'm joking around, but Mila's actual day really wasn't too far off from what just happened there. Because Mila was trying to help raise money for her local community center. She was in an auction wanted a guy named Sam, who was there to win her because they had a little flirtation before the event started. Unfortunately, Mila's ex would not let that happen. He showed up and stole her away for the price of two grand.
Speaker 3: He sucks wow, but Haney, Yeah, so he doesn't that much.
Speaker 2: And wants to support the local community. But the good news is Mila was able to get Sam's number. That's the guy she really wanted to go out with. So we're about to call him here, and I was thinking we probably when we get him on the phone, should not tell him that the guy that he was bidding against was his ex.
Speaker 3: Did you have to say that part out loud?
Speaker 4: What is don Jeffery gonna mention?
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Let's not mention it, right, Okay.
Speaker 2: All in agreement. It was all my idea. So now we're gonna call this guy Sam for you. Okay, Dill's number right now. Hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with Sam.
Speaker 6: This is Sam.
Speaker 2: Hey, Sam, nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: You're on a radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, what an experience.
Speaker 4: We often auctioned this type of experience off at charity events that wasn't.
Speaker 3: As smooth as it in your head.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure Sam has no idea what you so, Sam, Sorry for the confusion here. We're doing a segment with you called a second date Update. Okay, And the reason that my co host eloquently broke you spilled something about stuff is because one of our listeners met you recently had a charity auction for a local community center.
Speaker 6: Do you remember me right? Yeah? I was there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh yeah, you're in charity.
Speaker 3: Did you meet any cute ladies there?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 6: Actually there was one in particular I really liked.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're talking about a girl named Mela. Is that the one you're thinking of?
Speaker 6: That is the one I'm thinking.
Speaker 5: She was super serious and I just heard your smile.
Speaker 2: When we said her name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did you like about Mela?
Speaker 6: Mela was just breathtaking. She stood out from the crowd, really cute. I don't know, we just had a really good chemistry and uh oh, she was just sweet, just really relatable.
Speaker 2: You know, was so sweet and so relatable and so breathtaking. But not breathtaking enough to spend more than two thousand dollars on her. I'm just saying, even, Jeff, I mean, you we heard that you didn't win when it came time for her to be bid on.
Speaker 3: A date with her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was another guy out He outbid me.
Speaker 3: So you really, she's not actually a thing an item. You can just ask her out afterwards.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, but right after somebody bid on her, I don't think that was the right time to go up and ask her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you don't want to do it in front of the person that just spent all this money trying to get her.
Speaker 3: But these things actual romance, I mean, they're.
Speaker 2: Just like work where they are. Yeah, they're not supposed to Did you have any plans though, like maybe after the event to try and reach out to her or something like that.
Speaker 6: He is definitely was on my mind. So, Uh, funny thing happened was after the auction was over, I went over and talked to the guy that outbid me.
Speaker 3: Oh you did?
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: Did your sleeves and say best man wins?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Let's oh. I mean, like I said, I really had a connection with me.
Speaker 5: Left.
Speaker 6: I went and talked to the guy and it turns out he was her ex boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh no, wow, whoa that is news.
Speaker 3: Come on, we knew that.
Speaker 2: Okay, to be honest, we heard that that was the case.
Speaker 3: And she was super disappointed.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, I mean I tell her bad. I mean he was like really trying to get back to her. He was getting all teary eyed talking about how much missed her, and I kind of just I felt bad for him, so I kind of contold him a little bit and I told him to move on. I mean, obviously it's over.
Speaker 5: It's over, so well, so you're kind of being a bro at this point.
Speaker 2: That was that was a good message, a little post relationship therapy.
Speaker 3: Did he listen to you? Has he moved on?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean it took a little bit of a bribe, so I actually ended up paying him for the date, so I reimbursed him plus a little bit extra. Wait, what by the date of Mila off of him?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: Why does Mela not know this?
Speaker 6: Well, it's going to be a surprise, like he's supposed to go on a date, so I'm going to show up instead.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me.
Speaker 2: By not saying one thing? We ruined that.
Speaker 3: That's actually really cute and really sweet.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, dude. The reason why we're reacting this way idea that this plane was going to happen and we actually have Mela waiting on the other line listening wanting to talk to you. Surprise, dude, I'm so sorry, but well me, are you there?
Speaker 6: It was going to be a nice surprise. I was looking forward to saying.
Speaker 1: We feel bad already, Mela, Mela, No, I'm still surprised. I'm so surprised. That's so sweet.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, don't to see your reaction in person.
Speaker 2: But wait, wait, hold on, Mela, Mela, are you okay with this? I'm sure you.
Speaker 1: Guys are so sweet, Like, I know you feel bad for like ruining the surprise, but I'm so happy right now. I'm speechless.
Speaker 2: Are you sure? Yeah, are you sure, Mela, because we can get your ex on the phone and convince them to up into the new Let's see how high we can go with this, like twenty five.
Speaker 6: He's gonna have to pay me a lot if he wants that date back.
Speaker 3: How were you planning on telling her?
Speaker 6: I was gonna just come to the date.
Speaker 2: I mean it was all, yeah, you're just gonna be like sitting at the table, and she was going to walk in and instead of the EX, it was going to be you.
Speaker 1: But this is good because she could get more ready care about the date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what I was thinking too. What she would have worn before?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Mela, you weren't going to try if it was going to be the ex at all?
Speaker 1: Right, Oh yeah, no, not at all.
Speaker 6: I'm sure Mela would have looked amazing no matter of what she was wearing.
Speaker 2: Sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I'm giving a little nauseous okay.
Speaker 2: So well, what we normally do is we offer to send you guys out on a date that we would pay for.
Speaker 3: We can do that. They're going to go on two dates now.
Speaker 2: After the date that you've already paid for. Would you like to go on another date after that and we'll pay for that up.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh my god, he is Sony too. He's already planning the next day.
Speaker 2: That's so cute. Well Brook, technically I plan this so I get ownership of it.
Speaker 1: Kay.
Speaker 3: Well, technically the X plan the first one.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna have to step up your game here. Okay, Sam, you're not doing a whole lot over there.
Speaker 6: I'll try my best.
Speaker 2: That's just spear so cute.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Well, that call happened six months ago where we blew the surprise to typical us.
Speaker 3: But it was so cute.
Speaker 2: I still but now we've got them both back on the phone to get a very quick update update. Hey, Sam and Milo, welcome back.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having us.
Speaker 3: Hey, you two are not together right now, just hang up the phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well is in on what's happened since you guys were talking to us.
Speaker 1: Last So basically after the last call with you on your show, we went on our very first date and of course there was drama.
Speaker 4: Huh, don't tell me that ex showed up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, predictable access suck, Bro.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't have told him where the date was. That was?
Speaker 3: It is Sam on the phone right, not.
Speaker 6: Your ex, No, it's me.
Speaker 3: Sam. Were you freaking out?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was pretty crazy. I didn't I didn't expect him to show up, but eventually I just I just ended up just paying him to leave.
Speaker 3: You paid him again?
Speaker 2: You were just a baller?
Speaker 3: Is that why he showed up? Is he now just showing up for Sam's money?
Speaker 2: How much did you have to pay?
Speaker 6: Well? I gave him another three hundred bucks, which.
Speaker 4: Kind of insulting that he's only in love with you. Up to three hundred, I mean, the ax is only ubsessed.
Speaker 6: Well, I tried to pay him less, but I would have paid a lot more just to have her.
Speaker 3: So have you guys gotten rid of that dude?
Speaker 6: Hopefully we'll never see him again.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, it was definitely a weird moment, but ever since then, it's been really great.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: I could just imagine, though, you two are on the couch, like at home, watching a movie, and you get a call from her ex. He's like, hey, I'm coming over unless you've beend on me one hundred bucks.
Speaker 6: It's like, okay, Oh, I wouldn't doubt it. I wouldn't doubt it.
Speaker 2: You're a good guy. Dude, keep us updating on the guy's relationship than make sure.
Speaker 4: You keep that location secret.
Speaker 6: We'll do.
Speaker 1: Oh no, broken Jeffrey in the morning.