Speaker 1: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. We got a brand new podcast for you today, a new episode. And you know, it's been really popular for brands to do mashups.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: I would say we're jumping on the bandwagon with this account today.
Speaker 2: We're like Snickers and Oreole combining.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, exactly, more like two bad things.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: It's like ranch Is a collab with toothpaste, much more like us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to do that.
Speaker 1: I definitely have never done this before. But it all started because the woman who wrote us for the second date didn't even know the guy's name that.
Speaker 3: We were calling, not associated with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you'll understand here in just a second. I'm curious to see if you liked what happened. If you didn't, you can always leave those comments. We love to read him. We'll love to share him too in these intros. So when you see Alexis.
Speaker 3: Oh Brooke, I think you're gonna appreciate this comment.
Speaker 4: Okay, you'll see why, because Lisa said, I just wanted to offer a PSA to everyone. I am so addicted to this show. But when I found myself on a noise the subway wearing earbuds and couldn't hear the show. I jacked up the volume so high then now I have a bit of tonight is from it ever since April. I know their addicts of this show just like me, So please be careful with your ears.
Speaker 1: Yes, dude, I Jeffrey is the worst. J Jose is not much better. But Jeffrey is so bad.
Speaker 4: Jeff, Like you put on Jeff's headphones and you want to cry from the pain of how loud it is.
Speaker 3: But Jeff can barely hear it.
Speaker 1: It's like a torture chamber all the way up. Jeff's on the train to become old Alan, Yeah before it really is.
Speaker 3: You're right, his is like a torture chamber, exactly.
Speaker 2: High pitched noise and this uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think our voices will do just yeah is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, enjoy this at a safe volume.
Speaker 1: Ever, please it starts right.
Speaker 2: Now, broken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Second date updates.
Speaker 2: We've got a listener on the phone who's asking for our help with a second date update for a guy that she hasn't been on a first date with yet.
Speaker 1: We've done that before, though, where maybe they're just talking and it never.
Speaker 2: Happened sure, but I don't know if she's even actually spoken to this guy before. Oh it's what are we doing? It's a little unclear, but she did say he's definitely interested in her.
Speaker 1: How would she know if she hasn't talked to him?
Speaker 3: He needs our help.
Speaker 2: Why even go through this? It doesn't make sense to me. I think our producer is kind of screwed up, maybe even on bath salts this morning. That's also unclear that you've seen the guy. He's not right. But you know what, she's already on the phone, so we might as well talk to her. Her name is Sasha. Sasha, what on earth is actually going on? Please clear this up for us.
Speaker 5: Yes, actually wanted to come on the show to do an awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a totally different segment. Is a little awkward too, but yeah, you know what, you know what we can adapt it. It's awkward Tuesday phone call. Okay, this is now the awkward Tuesday second date update phone call?
Speaker 1: Is it even Tuesday?
Speaker 2: Who cares? The point is we're doing what Sasha wants and a little bit of what we need to force into the second all control.
Speaker 1: And just letting our listeners decide what segments happen at what time.
Speaker 2: That's how you win. Now, Okay, Sasha, now that we've changed everything for you, what is going on? Tell us about the situation you find yourself in and why you need our help.
Speaker 5: So I actually work as a waitress at a chain restaurant, okay, And the other day a couple comes into my job. It's this guy and a girl. They sit down at a booth. The guy orders an old fashion the girl gets the margarita.
Speaker 1: You're definitely not at the chain, I was thinking to me.
Speaker 2: Either, yeah, okay, this is little class here, right.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean there's I didn't get any red blox from them, and they were there for over an hour, and then after when they asked for the bill, I ran his car, right. I go to the table after to pick up the receipt and the guy wrote you have really pretty eyes and then left his phone number.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, it's the first aid didn't go well.
Speaker 1: Either that or they're looking at somebody else.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 5: They seem like they've been together for a while.
Speaker 2: Oh, they seemed like an actual like couple that had been dating.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I mean there's.
Speaker 1: So many options. He could also be cheating, you know what I mean, like looking just on the slide.
Speaker 2: He's so used to cheating that now he's just brazen about it and does it right in front of his girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh god, maybe she's the one that left the note.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a good handwriting.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, he definitely took care of the bill and he's the one who wrote it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay it Why did you even entertain this? I know if I got this, I would just walk away and never like joke about it with maybe my coworkers at some point.
Speaker 5: I'm just curious, like the girlfriend note about the note? I mean, should I reach out because I'm curious and I want to know what's going on here? You know, I'm that was cute, but I'm not a cheater.
Speaker 1: Area Like, are you saying that you're interested in him if he's not cheating?
Speaker 5: I mean maybe, oh okay.
Speaker 2: I thought you. Well, maybe it's just his sister that he was out and that's why it seems like they're so close.
Speaker 5: No, I mean they seemed like a couple, and they didn't seem like brother and sister.
Speaker 1: Did you see him like hold hands or anything like kissing?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I didn't see that. I mean, they talked, they were friendly, nothing out of the ordinary. So that's why I'm really curious.
Speaker 1: What did you see that gave you a couple vibes between the two of them, how they.
Speaker 6: Looked at each other, you can tell body chemists.
Speaker 2: A lot of times it was all under the table stuff that they were doing with each other.
Speaker 1: I will say, my husband and I don't often make out in the booths of chain restaurants together.
Speaker 2: They save that for the alley way next to the dumpster that's hot. Okay.
Speaker 3: So there's so many options wanting to do.
Speaker 1: You're just wanting to get more info.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean I just kind of want to reach out. I want to know if he's doing everything behind her back.
Speaker 2: Okay. So we need to think of what advice we can give to get him to open up, because sometimes cheaters will, if they feel comfortable, they'll tip their hand. Cheater might why no, A cheater might tell the truth if they don't know, okay, that they're being sussed.
Speaker 1: Out okay, or they'll say something like, oh, yeah, my girlfriend totally is okay with you to break up next week exactly. That was our breakup dinner.
Speaker 2: We were at Yah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she helped me come up with a dating profile. I swear.
Speaker 2: We just need to get him comfortable enough to give us more information when we come back and do this awkward Tuesday second date update mashup?
Speaker 1: Is this guy even gonna know who you are? Is he even gonna remember your name?
Speaker 5: I don't know his name?
Speaker 1: Oh we really should have looked at that receipt better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh yeah, the receiver still have it.
Speaker 1: His name is Ethan Ethan all right, that is a hot guy name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but sounds like a scumbag too, Yeah, exactly. Well, we've never done anything like this before, So what we'll do is give you a little bit of advice, and then we'll let you call this Ethan guy to see if he's really in a relationship and doing something suspicious, or if he's just a good person that was in a weird situation and likes you. He's either awesome or we hate him. We're gonna find that out with your first ever awkward Tuesday second date update. Phone call tap.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: It's coming up right after this Brooke and Jeffrey in.
Speaker 3: The morning second date update.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us, you are witnessing show history, right, now for the first ever awkward Tuesday second date update. Mashup, Right, that's not even happening on a Tuesday, or maybe it is. I don't know. I don't know when we're gonna air this. We've really lost control of this entire show.
Speaker 1: I think that's probably for the best, but basically very good job when we were in the driver's seat.
Speaker 2: Fair one of our listeners. Though, Sasha, is a waitress at a chain restaurant. She had two customers come in recently, a guy and a girl. Both seem very nice, and even though she thinks that their boyfriend and girlfriend based on how they were, she doesn't know that for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the reason that's important is because he left her a little saucy note.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it seems like he's into her because on his receipt saying she has pretty eyes and added his phone number along.
Speaker 1: With it, which she liked.
Speaker 2: Is that fair to say?
Speaker 5: I'm just curious, I think at this point.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I'm curious too, and I know what that means, Sasha, I get you. That's like a hot word.
Speaker 1: Know what to do with you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: We lost I'm sure here, Oh okay, just not going participate that's okay. I feel like that she wanted to get our advice before she called this guy's number to see how she can suss out the situation, to find out if he's really being unfaithful to this other woman or if it was just a weird situation where he was out with a friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maybe Sasha should be dating him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but we just need to come up with some advice, maybe even some good questions for her to ask once we get him on the phone. So, Brooke, what do you think the thing is?
Speaker 1: You don't know anything about this guy, so it's easy to start with, oh my god, I just wish I could know more about you, and then you drop what's your insta?
Speaker 6: Go?
Speaker 2: I have a picture?
Speaker 1: His response will tell you everything, because if he's willing to just give it to you, then sounds like maybe he's single. But if he's hesitant or says he doesn't have one, then it's because he hasn't scrubbed his girlfriend off.
Speaker 2: Of it yet. I like it. What do you think, Sasha?
Speaker 5: I think that sounds good.
Speaker 2: She hates it, she doesn't like it. It's okay. You can tell her that she's bad at advice. Jose, what do you think? Maybe you have something better. But here's the deal with guys, you cheat.
Speaker 6: They will mention somehow that their batteries low.
Speaker 2: This will buy them time to sneak around. So if it comes up throughout the conversation at all that his battery is low, cheater, yike, okay, stamp it. Well, why does that confuse both of the women in the room.
Speaker 3: What's the phone battery have to do with anything?
Speaker 2: It's an excuse for what?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Why? Yeah? For like not telling the truth? Sorry, disappeared for three hours. My phone died phone. In fact, my computer is about to die and we need to get this segment.
Speaker 1: So well, maybe Jose is onto something. If Jeff's computer's dying, so well, he said.
Speaker 2: Phone, he said phone, nothing about computer. That's totally differ I don't know what it means. But Sasha, that's our advice. We're gonna dial this guy's phone number. We're going to find out if he's a real good person or a total scumbag. You ready to do this?
Speaker 5: I'm so curious girl.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello, hi Ethan, Yeah, this is Dethon. Who's this?
Speaker 5: This is Sasha from the Rushta the other night I was your wager.
Speaker 6: Oh hey, you got my notes?
Speaker 5: I did? That was really sweet. I loved what you said about all right he double check.
Speaker 6: You were the one with a low cut blue top.
Speaker 5: Yes it was lo cut, but it was green up blue. You don't do this to a lot of waitresses.
Speaker 1: Do you.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I am just color blind. I mixed up my blues and greens and my reds and yellows. Actually, but anyway, how are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good, I'm happy now that I'm talking to you.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm happy to talk to you also.
Speaker 2: And just so you know, I never do that.
Speaker 6: I never hit on waitresses because I know you guys get it all the time. But I just didn't want to let the moment pass me by.
Speaker 5: Oh it was so nice to you to say, can I ask you something?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: So that girl you were with as a restaurant, I'm just justin she was like your sister or friend or something.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, yeah, we could say that. Oh okay, but is she actually Hey, I'm so sorry. My battery right now is at ten percent. So maybe we could just hang out and we can talk in person, because I am getting really good vibes with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that sounds good. But that girl.
Speaker 6: Though, Can I just tell you again, sorry to interrupt you. Hearing your voice again has made my day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little dangerous.
Speaker 6: If you asked me, I was having a very average day until you called.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, no one ever said that to me before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, you're gonna get me fired because I'm at work right now and after this call, I'm gonna have to take some personal time in the restroom.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that is not sexy.
Speaker 2: No, speak for yourself, my god, smooth talker, curious. Hello, Hello, Ethan. We're a radio show. Well, yeah, we don't want to we don't want to lie to you. We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. I'm so sorry. I am really confused.
Speaker 6: What is going on right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean, Jeffrey, you better get it in quick. You only have ten percent potus.
Speaker 2: First of all, Ethan, I want to apologize to you because our female co hosts are very turned on by the things that you were saying earlier. We did hear it, but this is a segment that we're doing trying to help out our listener, Sasha, who you had a rendezvous with at the restaurant the other day.
Speaker 7: No, she was working, okay, at work, and you left her a note okay, for a coincidental running I'm sorry, I'm confused here.
Speaker 6: You're all on a radio show, yes, and you just listened to our phone conversation.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yes, at Sasha's request.
Speaker 1: Why, well, we're trying to see what type of guy you were, you know, help her figure it out.
Speaker 2: In Sasha's words, she's curious.
Speaker 1: Cannot get off of it now, Jeff, it is Sasha even there?
Speaker 5: So I am here.
Speaker 2: You're still curious, Sasha, I.
Speaker 5: Hope not not really anymore.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, I want to know what, Sasha you think the answer is.
Speaker 5: I honestly think that maybe he didn't even know the girl that well, it just sounds like he just goes on with the girls and.
Speaker 1: Well you think that that was just a casual date now when originally you thought that they were in a relationship.
Speaker 6: Actually, uh, I don't really know what all the conspiracy is here. I'm just an interested party. I uh really do have nothing to hide here.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So who was the woman you were out with, Ethan.
Speaker 2: That's really the big question that we were wondering, well, Sasha actually guessed correctly with my sister.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Sasha led you. All you had to do is say, yes, who is she?
Speaker 6: I'm telling you it's my sister Julie. So you will introduce Julie to your new date if you guys decided.
Speaker 1: To go on a date. That's a good point of me. I would love to meet your dating.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, Julie doesn't like meeting new people.
Speaker 1: Why do I feel like we're using Julian airs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's shy, shy around new ones.
Speaker 1: Lunch with the Okay, interesting, is you know older younger? What can you tell us about your sister?
Speaker 2: I know your phone batter is probably dying. It's probably six percent now, so you got to get these answers out pretty quick. You're giving him an appy.
Speaker 6: You know what. My phone battery is dying, and I don't really appreciate it, honestly.
Speaker 2: I mean it happened to me one time. I can't believe I was.
Speaker 1: You're at work and you can't charge your phone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so anyway, I need to use the bathroom, so I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: It makes sense because he's full of it.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I love that. Okay, laughter, Thank you.
Speaker 5: I don't know yet if you're being honest or not, but we can talk later if you want, I'll call you.
Speaker 2: No, you know that sounds great.
Speaker 6: We can talk later when all of these people aren't around.
Speaker 2: Do not call this man. Yeah, I'm telling you that bathroom line works, wonders. Hopefully he can charge his phone in there so that that phone call can go as smoothly as possible. Sasha, I'm glad that you got the answers that you came to us looking for.
Speaker 1: Sasha. You had the right instinct. He is not trustworthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: My instinct is curious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, girl, you stick with that instinct. That's what got you on the show. That's right. Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, always curious Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Oh man, it's like they say, why are the good ones always?
Speaker 1: That does not refer to this.
Speaker 2: I mean he was good enough for Sasha to call him off the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good enough for the other girl that he's dating.
Speaker 2: Geeze girls. Yeah, okay. He was obviously problematic. Yes, but young women, for better or for worse, are always drawn to that type of guy. It's biology.
Speaker 1: She was so close to just doing the right thing. She was like all the precipice of realizing this guy is a short.
Speaker 4: I feel like the girl he was at dinner with saw him write the number, it was like, please take him away from him.
Speaker 1: His first description of her was, Oh, you the one with a low, low cut green chop.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, yeah, it was low cut.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I mean the thing is, if he was just a sweet, nice guy who was all by himself, I don't think she ever would have been like intrigued by him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think him having another girl there is what made her so interested. Oh yeah, you should like put that in like a bumper stick.
Speaker 3: It was like a creepy guy.
Speaker 1: Win.
Speaker 2: I got the something that's happening. And if you're also seeking a problematic situation, email the show. We'll call that person who's piqued your interest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless you and let you make a terrible decision about it.
Speaker 2: That's what we do. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.