Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and now he Armstrong and Yetty. DeMarcus Williams University of Georgia. C J. Jackson, Wayne State University, Tavarious Nith King, Mary mc College, Kyle Royal, Smoochie Wallace University of Miami, the Squerious Green Junior University of Notre Dame, Ibraheim moy Zeus University of Tennessee of Chattanooga.
Speaker 1: Jack Mary's Tech, Theatrix Michigan State University.
Speaker 2: The Oia T. Billings Clade Coastal Carolina University, the.
Speaker 1: Jack we Probe, and Cruck the Third soft Line of State University. Oh my god, that's the genius Key and Peel bit from Yesteryeares.
Speaker 2: The names keep getting more. What the hell is that name? And uh which you're not supposed to comment on. I guess Key and Peel they're black so they can make these jokes. I guess because it's kind of a cultural thing. How long is that bit? I've never heard the whole thing, but that is funny. It goes on for some time. We got a little more. The third Leon Maxwell, Jillio Heath Carolina University.
Speaker 1: Jamaris Jamar, Jamarris and Lamar University of Middle Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Devoine shower Hand University of Southern Mississippi, Kingo mc kringle Berry penn State University.
Speaker 1: Lecarpetron, Duke Marriott Florida.
Speaker 2: And Jncklage Morgoon University of South Florida, ex Miss Jackson Flex and Waxing Warning University of Pennsylvania. Oh God, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Oh Man Patron number one pick in the NFL Draft last night, Young cam Ward, quarterback out of Miami.
Speaker 2: And that concludes our football segment. So speaking of college cry with laughter. That is really really funny. I'll bet when they were writing those I can see them and the writers sitting around just dying making up those names.
Speaker 1: And it's two guys doing all those voices. They really are gifted comedians, both of them. So we I think we played this yesterday. Michael hit me with the clip fourteen. This is anti Israel quote unquote protesters at Yale blocking Jewish students from going to class.
Speaker 2: You can only we can only go around probably.
Speaker 3: Blocking Jewish students from going to class, telling them, now you walk around the way to class in the United States of America into twenty twenty five, and these are so called progressives.
Speaker 1: That happened yesterday, two days ago. I believe no way, Yes, you're kidding me. Yeah, yeah, I know. It's crazy. The Yale University has stripped the Schools Students for Justice in Palestine chapter of its status recognized student group.
Speaker 2: Yes, I gotta say this, even though I've said it one hundred times and it's the most predictable, obvious commentary. You shouldn't make money making the most obvious commentary in the world, But here it is. If a conservative stopped one trans kid from doing anything on a college campus, you know, Joe Biden would have given a speech about it that night from the overlaps. Correct.
Speaker 1: Yes, AOC would have whipped wept bitter tears. You're not letting Jewish kids go to class. It's just unbelievable, all right, right. You know one of the best definitions of anti Semitism I've come across is that you there and there's a like two sides through this. A you hold Jews to a different set of standards than everyone else, and or you hold everyone else to different standards when they're abusing Jews than when they're abusing other people. Yeah, that's true, kids, transgender, you know, whomever.
Speaker 2: I don't know what is more troubling. If it's about the fact that they're Jewish, or if it's just that whole What is that term, the powerful versus the unpowerful? Yeah, the victim of pressor Yeah, if it's the because the victim pressure thing, that's so troubling because you can just to apply it to so many things, and it's just a really toxic view of the world.
Speaker 1: Right. You know, there's some pretty good scholarship on the particulars change, but it always ends.
Speaker 2: Up in anti Semitism. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The excuse here is we're not anti Semites, we're anti Zionists. Anyway, I just thought i'd to point out that, and to their credit, and I haven't dug deep into this so far, Yale University seems to be doing at least some of the right things, saying we're yanking your accreditation, you don't get to do anything on campus anymore. So that's that's a good step. So moving on to Harvard. A couple of notes from Harvard, including one final glimpse into Matt Tybee's fabulous and hilarious piece recently about them Harvard's endowment fifty plus billion dollars or whatever it is, and their financial picture. This is maybe apropos nothing, but I just found it very very interesting. A lot of people mentioned that their university president makes over a million dollars or roughly a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: That wow, But in their last disclosure, the highest salaries were earned by the Harvard management company who administers their gigantic endowment.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, I don't have a real handle on what an endowment is or is used or whatever. I suppose I should look into that. But I mean, if you've got it invested in any way that it's earning interest or something, how do you need any money from anybody?
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Fifty well efty some billion dollars. Well, here's the hilarious part. Your your tenth place person at Harvard earns two point two.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Then you go up to three point nine, four point two, five point one, five point one, five point nine, six point six, seven point six, and your highest paid Harvard employee who runs the Uh, what did I just call it? The corporation made nine point six million dollars and their endowment, which is a big pot of money you invest to grow it's that's it, and you can use it for whatever you want. They did worse than an index fund. If you'd just bought an index fund of the S and P five hundred, it would have outperformed the Harvard Corporation. And this guy got paid nine point six You take the top ten at totals fifty million subsidized dollars spent on a team that would have lost to an S ANDP index fund.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's funny because I was about to say, well, they earned the money if they're investing properly, but you just pointed out they're not. Right now, Jack and Wi the money because you wouldn't have to be a genius to put it in, you know, just follow an index fund. Just get a freaking index fund. Yes, no kidding.
Speaker 1: We can either take a break now, or we can squeeze some of this in here and have a shorter segment.
Speaker 2: Next.
Speaker 1: Two really interesting pieces of writing. First of all, James Hankins, who is a conservative Harvard professor apparently there is one, wrote a piece for the Wall Street Journal a conservative Harvard professor on how the university can save itself, and also in the Wall Street Journal on a different day, a long time Ivy League educator wrote a piece entitled Harvard is an Islamist outpost.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to squeeze in both of those. Yeah, I want to hear that. That's interesting, and they're both really really good.
Speaker 1: The We'll let you decide whether you think the conservative professor is right.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hanson, could you post that key and peel thing at Armstrong and getty dot com so it's easily findable because as flipping funny, You know.
Speaker 1: What's funny is it goes on for quite some time and just keeps getting funnier.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that is l ol funny. Okay, we had a lot of them away. Stay here. Dion Sanders kid, and Dion Sanders was featured on sixty Minutes last year, so I feel like some of you know who he is, famous football player. I didn't realize his kid was. At one time it thought to be the the number one pick in the entire draft, certainly a first rounder, yeah, high friend rounder. And then he didn't go at all. Last night is interesting.
Speaker 1: Happens every year. Yeah, it's got to be brutal, but you know, you get over at trust. Well, some people thought of.
Speaker 2: It in your life. A lot of it was his attitude is to brash, and his dad was like the brashest of brash human beings who's ever walked the planet. So what did you think? I don't know, Yeah, okay, uh So.
Speaker 1: A couple of different think pieces from a couple of different people about Harvard that I found really really interesting. The first from a conservative Harvard professor by the name of James Hankins, and it's it's long, it's interesting, but I'll just give you some highlights. The first is somewhat ironic. Mister Hankins, who I'm sure is a nice fellow. Probably doctor Hankins is h I definitely. I think he's got a bit of the well, yes, we have beatings here at our office, but only one a day.
Speaker 2: I think he's gotten so used to his.
Speaker 1: Environs he doesn't quite get how strange they are. He mentions that the statistic is off, cited that at most three percent of Harvard faculty members identify as conservative, and he's one of that three percent. He's been there for forty years, he says, But if you look at the numbers, thirty two percent say they're very liberal and forty five percent liberal. That takes us to seventy seven percent and twenty percent or so who confess to being moderate by the standards of Harvard.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm guessing in your mind ninety seven percent, and I'm guessing your moderate's a little different than my moderate. Well, right.
Speaker 1: And his point is a lot of the so called liberals come up to him and say, please, don't tell anyone I said this, and then they unload their disgust. The latest activist outrages his point being there a lot more reasonable people visa VI, the real radical progressive left, the student you know, jackasses.
Speaker 2: But what's funny is he's trying to.
Speaker 1: Explain that it's not as radical left as you think. And I came away thinking, you people are insanely left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that ain't working on me.
Speaker 1: What was that first number of the most the biggest number is thirty two percent are very liberal and and again that's their definition of very liberal. Would make your head spin. Yeah, they think Karl Marx was a moderate. Yeah, and forty percent merely liberal. But yeah, Anyway, his effort to say it's not as crazy as you think just reminded me of how crazy it is.
Speaker 2: Basically, it's on a couple of university people I know who consider themselves moderate liberals, and I never say anything, but they are way out there. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure that's true.
Speaker 1: And he said most of the scholars are just scholars and scientists who want to get on with their work and teach the next generation. And he gets into the budget cuts and some of the back and forth with the Trump administration, which is, you know, it's fine, it's good, it's a discussion worth having. He makes the point that the current president, Alan Garber, has actually made some really good, strong steps. He's trying to rain in the crazies and restore some semblance of the free exercise of speech and intellectual honesty and openness.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah blah. What universities.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like it's like having to remind the hospital you remember you're supposed to treat people's medical problems here. I mean, the fact that you have to remind them of that is a measure of how insane it is. But he says, yeah, the new guy's actually doing some good stuff. Yeah, maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But at last point I found kind of interesting. And he says, the one inescapable truth and higher education is that he who pays the piper calls the tune and he and he goes into Harvard's finances, which are really interesting but I don't want to bore you with but he finishes this way, there are very good reasons for Harvard or other universities to reduce our financial dependence on the federal government. Instead, we should strengthen ties with loyal alumni you know, and love Harvard blah blah blah, because every administration that comes in is going to tell you, now, you got to do this, got to do that. And he says a lot of the DEI crap pressures to regulate speech, trigger warnings, pronouns came through political pressure as opposed to internal pressure.
Speaker 2: Right, So you know to what extent that's true, I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 1: But anyway, they are bloated and progressive and radicals and lunatics. In my opinion, I wish him luck in his future endeavors. But good Lord, ninety seven to three, that's not reassuring. Then this from Ruth Weiss or Wissa. She's the author of a memoir about Judaism. Really interesting. I read a little bit about it. But her piece is entitled Harvard is an Islamist outpost. For decades, it nurtured resentful leftists and anti Semitism, united them in a common cause. And she compares and contrasts in two thousand and one in the wake of nine to eleven. And oh, by the way, she taught at Harvard from nineteen ninety three through twenty fourteen, so she knows of what she speaks. She says, Harvard's leaders don't yet understand the danger that the culture of the university poses to the country, or why it required intervention. On September eleventh, the Islamist Al Kaida attacked the US in a suicide mission. You remember on October seventh, twenty three Hamas Islamists exploited Israel's openness by invading the country, massacring civilians and kidnapping others. Jihadis used these new forms of warfare against those they couldn't conquered by force. What concerns us here is their capture of elite American schools, as an outpost. As outposts, Harvard became directly implicated on October eighth when the Undergraduate Palestine Solidarity Committee issued a statement endorsed by more than thirty student groups.
Speaker 2: You remember this, that asserted.
Speaker 1: That quote the Israeli regime was entirely responsible for all unfolding violence.
Speaker 2: Thirty student groups got together and signed that.
Speaker 1: Students for Justice in Palestine declared October twelfth a day of resistance and had a toolkit ready for the encampments and demonstrations.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: They praised the unity into fought to the resistance.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: In two thousand and one, there were zero such support groups for Islamists at Harvard, not a one. And then she gets into the enormous amount of money that Harvard gets from Cutter and other Islamist countries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember learning that right after October seventh around Princeton and a couple of other universities. You know, Qatar gives so much money to these universities, and of course you get something for your money.
Speaker 1: She goes into By the nineteen nineties, black campus groups were hosting Afrocentric and Nation of Islam speakers who agitating against whites and Jews. In ninety two, Professor Henry Louis Gates Junior warrened, this is anti Semitism from the top down, engineered and promoted by leaders who affect to be speaking for larger resentments. And she goes into a fair amount of detail of the history of it. And she's been warning for years and years about the anti Israeli propaganda propagated by a comprehensive program in the Center for Middle Eastern Studies, and how the Center for Middle Eastern Studies became the center for anti Jewish studies and anti Israeli studies. And it's gone further and further down that road. Progressivism is now anti Israel and anti jew And one of the hottest, richest hotbeds of progressivism is Harvard University. Whether that diseased institution can be cured or if it just needs to be cut out, and you can say that about the entire university system is not clear to me. And I'm not trying to be exciting or hyperbolic. I mean, it's diseased. Much more to come hope you can hang her.
Speaker 2: Out Armstrong and Getty I had a breakthrough yesterday on this song, I've been trying to play on the piano. It was driving me crazy or I just couldn't figure out how to make it work. Did you consider giving up? Actually I did not. I was to the point of like I was gonna, I was gonna talk to my son's band teacher the next time I saw him and say, why can't I figure this out? Like what am I getting wrong about? You know where the eighth notes come in versus the baseline or whatever? And anyway, smile clicked in my head. And it's one of the things I really like, a way about the way the human brain works, you know, like when you don't understand something, and there's all kinds of examples, math problems, or how to fix something. I've had that happen before too, like where I got to try to fix my son's dirt bike or something like that, and I just can't and then all of a sudden, like you work on it in the back of your mind while you're asleep or whatever, and the answer comes to you. I'm a big fan of stopping thinking about it. Yeah, yeah, I do that a lot too. It's funny how people just intuitively figured out figure out that. Okay, I'm gonna not think about this, and then like this afternoon at three o'clock, it's gonna pop into my head. Oh, I know what I gotta do. I gotta take that bolt off first to be able to get the tire out of there. And it's just it's interesting the way the human brain.
Speaker 1: Works like that, which is yet another argument for A getting enough sleep and b giving yourself time to daydream. Don't be taking in input from your phone all day long, all the time. That's not the way brains are supposed to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Something I could not figure out musically like was just impossible to me, then all of a sudden was completely easy, impossible. Click. Yeah, it's wild. So we talked about this yesterday. I don't want to redo the whole thing. I think it was our four if you want to find the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. I usually think this stuff is crap. That's one of the reasons I'm so fascinated by it. It's this renowned psychologist apparently who has studied how many was It's a ton of marriages that worked out or didn't work out, and then trying to figure out, like, what are the main things that cause marriages to fall apart, sort of the biggest studies of failed marriages it's ever been done anyway, Again, I don't want to do the whole thing, but the number one thing that you can't overcome is contempt, which is something Joe has been saying for years, by the way, but it is a kiss of death and in any relationship. And you don't even need to make this a marriage. It could be a work relationship, or you and your siblings or whatever. I suppose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you don't think they're worth your respect and effort, then you're not going to solve it.
Speaker 2: Ever, the reason it probably applies more to marriages and all those other situations work relationships, siblings or whatever. You probably just cut them off at the point you have contempt for them or they have contempt for you. The relationships just split. But obviously with a marriage that's a different thing. And they said they could, This particular person said they can figure it out from your things you do with your face, which I'd never heard this one before. One sided mouth rays the subtle smirk of superiority is the number one red flag for the divorce. According to this psychologist who had watched lots of videos. Do you think that's the thing you usually do if you have contempt for some buddy, one side of your mouth goes up. I don't. I'm trying to do it. I don't. I don't know. I will bow to the expertise of this person. It's like gas. They have gas. Yeah, Michael, you do it for me, Michael, raise one side of your mouth. There. It's kind of this getting now that's more length. Wait what yeah? Not? I think you have gas? What an idiot? Think about? You're an idiot. I can't stand you. You're trying to come up with contempt. Yeah, got, it's beyond the thing with contempt is and I've I'm trying to think, who have I been contemptuous? Contemptuous of? You could probably tell me you would know better than me. Maybe who do you think? You don't say their name on the air, But Jeese Nick a time right there? Current. I was gonna go with the current coworker. Oh funny. But once you're into contempt territory, there's like they have like there's practically no redeeming thing they can say or do.
Speaker 1: It's a one in fifty that they work their way back unless you realize I missed something completely about their character.
Speaker 2: They're dead to you. Yeah, that's an interesting one. Four nasty little habits, criticism, contempt, defensiveness, and stonewalling. Stonewalling are the four horsemen of the apocalypse for dooming relationships. But contempt is the truth is a death, that's the one that you couldn't come back from. And they're looking for the one sided mouth rays of contempt. They could predict divorce with ninety four percent accuracy based on whether or not they observed contempt between either one of the people. If it's observable contempt, yeah, it's probably doomed. Yeah, we can't even hide it. The part that I wanted to bring up because we got so many texts about this, was them also mentioning that people tend to have the same three arguments over and over again throughout their marriage. You just don't realize it. And once you categorize those, like figure out what your three points of disagreement are, and then you always put that in there. It's just it's just easier to deal with. You just say, oh, this is argument number two, where we know we're in a stalemate on this one. We know how this one.
Speaker 1: Goes right right, And it's not about the color of pain to ord, you know, the lengthification or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's it's that same old right can you give me? And we got a bunch of texts about that. Can you give me an example of one? Doesn't have to be from your own wife? But like, oh, I'm trying to picture something like that. I mean, like, would it be like it's always over money, so this is just another money argument that seems too that doesn't seem like what he's talking Seah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you have texts, I'd love to I'd love to hear the text. I mean I could, I could throw out an idea or two, but I just you know, you're too care free and heedless of the future. Yeah, you're a stick in the mud. And it could be over what you're spending on vacation or a car, or you know, investing versus saving, or it could take one hundred different forms. I'm a little more risk averse than you, that's the big one.
Speaker 2: Or you're too strict on the kids, you're too permissive. Yeah, yeah, that'd be a good one. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, because Judy and I one of the reasons our relationship works, I think is that I am what's the opposite of risk averse in terms of trying things and exploring ideas and risking.
Speaker 2: Money or whatever. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've won, I've lost, I've gotten hit in the face, and it's okay. She's much more of a nest builder. Hey, let's make sure that you know we don't end up getting hit in the face.
Speaker 2: And it's worked for us occasional. It's, uh, there's advantage of not being hit in the face.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but you know, if you never want to get it hit in the face, it's a metaphor for God. Okay, okay, so nobody's playing hockey here, the hockey game of life. You refuse to ever get hit in the.
Speaker 2: Face, you can't play. I I will not put even close to a fine point on this. I am a single man. I have been married. That's all the background you need. And I'm not married, not of my own choosing. I have been on the wrong end of contempt and it is it is insurmountable because everything you do or attempt is contemptible.
Speaker 1: Apparently, even if it's exactly the right thing. We've I think We've all had attitudes toward jobs or people, or you know, something in our lives that we really if you have any insight whatsoever, you realize, oh my god, I'm being completely unfair right now, because I really don't like them. You start to you view everything through what's the opposite of rose colored glasses, poop colored glasses. Everything they do you see through the lens of poop colored glasses.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good because that's that's the situation. I felt like I was in everything I did was being viewed through s colored glasses.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it's tough to uh to uh persevere to surmount.
Speaker 2: That, even something benign. So and then then the other part of reading more in this article, which I've always thought was interesting. So I think most people who are in relationships that don't work can so if the other person goes on to have a you know till death do them part happy relationship, to think what was it about us in our personalities that didn't allow that? Was it you or me or both? Or what?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: What things are going on there? I think that's a fascinating topic. And then I've also known because I've observed this from people, and you've even heard people say this throughout my life. As I was, I spent a lot of time single, moving through the world, talking to various people in various situations. Is not uncommon to leave a marriage, get into another marriage, and then realize, oh, this is what marriages are like. It wasn't just that person, this is what life is like, having a job, raising kids, being married. So okay, probably could have just stayed in that one. But anyway, many many thousands of dollars in broken hearts later, we've learned a lesson, haven't we.
Speaker 1: I think that happens a fair amount. Oh yeah, one hundred percent. It's funny. I love this topic, but it's always a little stressful for me, because every topic deserves a real fleshing out. I mean, like every subtopic deserves a full discussion full of subtleties and nuances and that sort of thing, and and like one of the things I believe in very firmly, having been married for a very long time, is that you must discipline yourself to look for the positives and remind yourself of why you love your partner, and that the day to day crap and the annoyances that come from interacting with another human being, you need to put them in perspective and negatives because the way the human mind works, negatives are easier to let build up than positives. And I could get into the anthropology of it, but who has the time. But like having said that, I mean, for instance, I constantly remind myself of why lo my wife and what her great qualities are, because like me, there are things about her that all right, well, you know, it's not like perfect, and I don't focus on those. I intentionally don't focus on those. But you know, everything's on a continuum, like if you from your falling in love and you couldn't perceive a fault. If there was, they could be an axe murder, but they're so sweet you know too, you know, bitter bitter cynicism and all points in between, and like, uh, maybe you're a there's a battered spouse situation. The person's verbally abusive, emotionally abusive, physically abusive. I don't think for a second you should discipline yourself not to emphasize those problems and focus on the fact that he brings me flowers after he beats me. So that's that's like beyond saying into way way way too much. So it's difficult to summarize this stuff briefly, know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I think that everything's.
Speaker 1: Got to be in the healthy range of dot dot dot whatever you're talking.
Speaker 2: About, right. Yeah, the idea of having the same three arguments over and over again sounds tiring. Uh yes, that's why.
Speaker 1: But the argument's put on different clothes each time, and you think it's a new argument.
Speaker 2: But it's not. That's the advantage of being able to identify, Oh, this is old argument too. Yeah, let's not waste her time going and circles on this again. You know, I'm so intrigued by this.
Speaker 1: I'm going to my wife and I bicker very very rarely these days actually, for like our whole relationship, which is nice. But when we do, I will have to think, Okay, what is the what is what is the form of this? What is the thirty thousand foot thing here?
Speaker 2: That's that's really intriguing. Oh and I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was really great that Michelle Obama came out and talked about you know, a good peer of years there where she didn't like Brock very much and wasn't digging their marriage because yeah, it said to the whole raising kids, working, making your way through life. It's hard. But whatever situation you're in now, it's not way it's going to be in a year, five years, or ten years.
Speaker 1: Right there is if you are in a marriage, and it's difficult to picture a happier marriage than mine, honestly, And I'm not bragging or anything. I'm incredibly blessed, but oh yeah, we had the grinded out years, we had the gritted teeth.
Speaker 2: I can't believe she's saying that cramp again period of our marriage course. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, but I will tell you this a final note, in a positive note, as a guy who's been married for a long time, when you get to the stage we're in right now, it's amazing in ways I never anticipate.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I got a number of friends who are in that situation too, and uh yeah, good thing they made it last. Anyway, Any thoughts in that text line four one FTC.
Speaker 4: I think the Democrats are trying to appear more more manly. Just a thought, but they may want to consider first getting rid of their man persons. And they're they're organic broccoli, dark, woke, light woke, mellow yellow woke, it's still woke. And uh and and that's the Democrats problem day.
Speaker 2: I'm not exactly sure what old John Kennedy was talking about there, but charming as usual.
Speaker 1: It is going to be kind of fun to witness the out with the old in with the new blood path in the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: Which direction you think it's going to go, I'm not certain yet which direction is going.
Speaker 1: Well, it can't go towards the old people for long. They will die because they are very very old. True, So there will be a turnover.
Speaker 2: Like I said last week, I think they need to do them a govern They need to go full progressive, get just stomped, and then that'll take care of that and then you can become regular Democratic Party again. Yeah, they needed to have Bernie be their nominee. It should have happened a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. You need the shot of moderate penicillin to get rid of the AOC gonorrhea in the party.
Speaker 2: If I might wax metaphorical. Wow, So I thought this was interesting.
Speaker 1: The headline was DeSantis has a solution to Florida's labor shortage teenagers and Florida, like several other States is pushing to soften child labor laws. It says to help businesses struggling to fill jobs and shifts.
Speaker 2: Don't get me start going through a bunch of well, that's I intend to get you started.
Speaker 1: They go through Florida and Ohio and gosh, a handful of other states are name checked that are all saying the same thing. Hey, we've got a little far in not letting kids get jobs. Oh my god, whether it's liability or various laws. The idea that you can't get any kind of job until you're sixteen or seventeen, depending on where you live in what kind of job is nuts. And it also bothers me as a parent because, like I keep looking back, like trying to parent my teenagers, I look back on my dad doing it. At the same time, it's like I had a job.
Speaker 2: I was going to a job every single day all summer long, or on the weekends or whatever. My kids can't do that. They both want to, by the way, both my thirteen year old fifteen year old desperately want to work. They're always wondering how old do you have to be to work there? How old do you have to be to work there? It's ridiculous that they can't. Yeah, good luck in cal Unicornia. That's going to be the last state to come along. But yeah, I mean against this. Who's against their teenagers having a job?
Speaker 1: Progressives and do gooders because they think they should be studying for college because college is the only thing that matters. If you don't go to college, you're a miserable failure. The trades are a humiliation working blue collars. Good lord, I'd rather my kid was dead than wear a blue collar. Those people, Barack Obama in his progeny, gotta hate that. Let the kids work. Don't have them like overworked in a meat packing plant.
Speaker 2: But let them get a damn job. It's good for them. If you miss a segment at the podcast Armstrong and Getdy