Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jaki and he Arms from the studio.
Speaker 2: C Please in your.
Speaker 1: The throat clearing you just heard was one Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: I'm Jack Armstrong here in the Armstrong and Getty Communications compound.
Speaker 1: Glad you didn't hear what I did right before that.
Speaker 3: I'd like to clear out the whole system that you know, Michael firing up to Mike's Prematureley.
Speaker 1: Needed all the pipes reamed out. Oh yeah, And today we're under the two legs of our general.
Speaker 2: Manager, Vans and Walls, super heavyweight squaring off in the Battle of.
Speaker 1: The centre for the week. What a vice presidential debate? The battle of the century.
Speaker 3: Tell you what, I got a feeling just judging by the pre show meeting, we're gonna hear some vehement disagreements between the co hosts today. I thought the debate was both unprecedentedly entertaining for a VP debate and also many times more significant than any other VEEP debate in history.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear why because I thought it was insignificant and it's so tedious.
Speaker 1: I cannot hear another forty minutes about abortion. I just can't. I just can't listen any more talk about abortion.
Speaker 2: I realize the average woman in America gets three abortions a year, sometimes more on a good year and sometimes less if on a slow year, but abortions just constantly, every couple of months. Every woman gets abortion. So that's what we got to talk about it the whole time. I know, we've been talking about abortion forty minutes, gentlemen, but we need to move on to climate change, which nobody freaking cares about.
Speaker 1: I can't handle it. And the constant non fact checking fact checking.
Speaker 2: I just I can't do you combine inconsequential with liberal policies only and fact checking.
Speaker 1: Debates on one side? It makes me insane. Well see, that's the difference between us. I enjoyed the hate. I was reveling in the hatred. God Dans.
Speaker 3: Plus, you have a life, you got kids, you got craziness. I'm living the empty and pointless life of the empty nester.
Speaker 1: So I had more than enough time to watch those two go at it.
Speaker 2: That's what I used to say before I had kids, living the inconsequential life of the childless this weekend, I planned to you're one of those cat ladies Jadie Vance's talked about. I took a couple of took in a couple of different round tables last night online if you want good analysis. I don't know how cable news channels stay afloat at all, because like the best one, I go to the Dispatch, they have a great roundtable with all their heavyweights there, and then Mark Alprin puts one together with pundits on left, right and center and everything like that, and they're way better than anything you get on cable.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Mark Alpern's first comment was, I don't know what to say. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know why that the networks keep doing it. The only the only excuse I can come up with is they do it on purpose. And he was talking about the un hidden and not even tried to hide the bias that they bring to these things anymore.
Speaker 1: It used to me somewhat subtle.
Speaker 2: Now it's just we're here to debate the Republican, so it's us two and you against the Republican.
Speaker 1: Is everybody an agreement on that? M?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe I was just in the mood last night, but I enjoyed it and that they utterly exposed themselves. They made it clear to everyone in jd Vance in case anybody had missed it, made it perfectly clear.
Speaker 1: You said there'd be no fact checking. Now your quote unquote fact checking me. Here are the facts. Uh, it was, it was just it was egregious, unmissible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I won't bog down the conversation with the question I always ask, do they not know they're doing it? Or are they just so deep and biased they they actually just don't even notice, because that's what.
Speaker 1: Bias is really. Yeah. Yeah, the unconscious stuff is the most powerful part of you.
Speaker 2: You're just unaware of your year. Your worldview is so different. But it's just amazing to me. Hey, y'all, you don't notice that when it's walls turned to ask you a question, you just asked the question. But when it's Dvance's turned, Vance's turn, you throw in a sentence that is a fact in your mind that is disputable by many.
Speaker 1: So what yeah?
Speaker 3: All, yeah, you know what I struggle with and everybody struggles with this. I've actually read about this in the past. When you would like to say something harshly critical of a woman, there is almost always an element of her womanhood in the insult.
Speaker 1: It's a female specific.
Speaker 3: Epithet or or insult, whereas dudes are usually not always certainly, but usually there's there are like gender neutral insults. But if I was going to describe the obnoxious, smug Margaret Brennan and the superior and utterly biased Noro O'Donnell.
Speaker 1: Joe used a word to describe.
Speaker 2: One of the moderators that I'm telling you would get us fired behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Mind, I don't. I don't recall that at all.
Speaker 3: And so what I want to I want to fashion the proper epithet, But as I treasure and respect women, I don't want to come off as sexist.
Speaker 1: So I guess I'll just call them.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't call them jackasses because that is a male reference, right, She asses Jenny's obnoxious, biased, smugged Jenny's I will say this, I do want to play in entirety.
Speaker 2: Tim Wallas's response to the you said you were the Tienman square masking her, but record show you weren't. His explanation for that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. And to Margaret Brennan's credit, who I was angry at the entire debate. She followed up and said, the question was why did you say you were there when you weren't.
Speaker 1: Shed let him get off the hook with that rattling answer, which I appreciated.
Speaker 3: We'll have to play that later, having made a trip to his boss's salad bar. Yeah, he tossed that for everybody, but nobody was buying it. That's ridiculous. Another complaint, and then we can get to your positive stuff. I suppose when we go big at the bottom of the hour with clips and everything like that. The amount of time they spent on Israel Iran was way too little given the what's going on right at the moment.
Speaker 1: No China at all, No Ukraine in Russia? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: No COVID of course, even though that was the biggest story of the last decade, because that would have been really bad for Tim Walls.
Speaker 1: There's a number of budgets, but plenty of abortion and climate change. Glad we got that in there. You're so right.
Speaker 3: Climate change just forget it, forget it, nobody cares. But the abortion thing.
Speaker 1: They make it seem like women get abortions with the same frequency.
Speaker 3: That they go to grocery stores. It's like at least once a week. Uh, judging by the omnipresence of the issue, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and once again the fact checkers, who weren't supposed to fact check, were wrong about a major point that Tim Walls made around abortion and the law that they had in Minnesota. But the fact checkers feel free to weigh in even when they're wrong about the facts. But you can get all that later. We should start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this What the hell the heck is it? Wednesday, October second, Your twenty twenty four life will not be a born twenty four.
Speaker 1: I'd say we are armstrong and getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 3: Let's begin that officially according the FCC rules or rags, the show starts at Mark Governor.
Speaker 4: You previously opposed an assault weapons ban, but it only later in your political career did you change your position?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I set in that office with those Sandigog parents. I've become friends with school shooters. I've seen it.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's an odd circle to run with assuming didn't mean that, uh, and I believe the old coach miss Folk there. Maybe another off putting thing was the number of times I didn't agree with either candidate, which I don't think has ever happened to me watching the debate before. Like I didn't like JD's Bands's answer on the school shootings thing at all. I don't agree with that at all. I don't want to turn schools into fortresses and have endless drills and all that sort of stuff at all.
Speaker 1: And then of course Walls blaming the guns, which is just insane. Yeah. Yeah, So there were a number of things like that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we got obviously plenty more on that, and who knows what Israel might do today or tomorrow or next week. I took in a ton of coverage on that yesterday. I didn't see a single expert, like, not just like cable news puntit, but foreign policy expert or military expert who didn't think this is going to escalate dramatically. Not one that there's a chance this is over. I think there's an ability to cool.
Speaker 1: Not one.
Speaker 3: Every single person said this is going further. Well, that's odd. The president in the United States said, take the win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course he did. That's not as clay.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that was the biggest ballistic missile attack in world history, in addition to the fact that each one of those ballistic missiles had twelve hundred pounds of TNT on it and would have leveled multiple buildings. If one had gotten through, it had killed hundreds, maybe thousands. And will you talk about the war we'd be in then? Holy crap?
Speaker 1: Take the win? Right?
Speaker 2: Right? Worst president ever? Did he watch the debate or was he already sound asleep dreaming of is on the East coast?
Speaker 1: It aired at nine o'clock. He was asleep four hours before it started. He was dreaming of being shirtless on the beach. Just two more days and I'll be back on the beach laying in the sun. How does he got Harry Legs? How does they bring up the dock workers strike either? How does mailbag look? It's coming together? It's fine, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: We do have a lot of highlights from the debate and punditry around man. I saw some people representing Israel on various cable news channels.
Speaker 1: They were hot yesterday.
Speaker 6: We have a lot to get to ahead gentlemen on many topics.
Speaker 1: Thank you, right, Darres Margaret reminding us that we need to break.
Speaker 2: Okay, our text line is four one five, two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: I'm interested to see what the ratings were for the VP debate. I gotta believe by the end of it there was freaking nobody watching. But both of their approval ratings went up. According to CNN snappole, they both went up like about a dozen points each.
Speaker 1: E've an angry, nervous tim which doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 2: I think if you had heard what an evil, awful person he was, he came off it just kind of a uh, somewhat ditzy, nice enough guy. And jad Vans came off as obviously not evil and very smart and so yeah, both their approval ratings went up.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: I thought Walls constantly looked either a angry or b about to crawl out of his skin with nerves.
Speaker 1: He did not impart a sense of confidence to me.
Speaker 2: He didn't your business. He definitely looked nervous. I suppose it's a matter of taste whether that makes you dislike someone or not.
Speaker 3: And angry, just a seething seething with anger and hate. It's terrible. It hard to watch. Had to avert my eyes. He's your freedom loving quote of the day. I love this from the great Thomas Soa. He said, along by alert listener Steve. There's usually only a limited amount of damage that can be done by dull or stupid people. For creating a truly monumental disaster, you need people with high IQs.
Speaker 1: Oh that is so true. Pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's been a long running conversation on the show about the Gulf, the difference between intelligence and wisdom. And you can have somebody who's extremely bright but utterly lacking in realism or wisdom understanding how human beings in the world work.
Speaker 1: I think maybe it gives you a hubris.
Speaker 2: Also, you know you're smart, so you're more likely to take a big bite or take a big swing or whatever I mean, like the geniuses that put together the Iraq war.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Well that and you're much more effective in going shit exactly the wrong direction. So between all of those factors. Yeah, the great soul Man, you cannot read him enough. Mailbag, Oh well, drop us note mail Bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. Going with a smattering of reactions to the debate and no particular order. Darren and Seattle, just take a second to think about it. Close your eyes and imagine JD. Van's debating Kamala would be like the Yankees playing a little league team on a little league field.
Speaker 1: Why can't he just be the nominee not the only person who expressed that sense. JD.
Speaker 3: Vance clearly the best of the four Oh yeah, oh by Miles, Bryan and Sacramento. I'm betting I'm not the first with this thought, but this VP debate is more presidential than any of the last dozen presidential debates. Why can't our presidential candidates be this well spoken? Walls can actually put together thoughts, and Vans is trying hard to hit issues. Can we just make it a wash and make the veeps the candidates?
Speaker 1: And then how about just the stability of it? Did you like that or not?
Speaker 3: And then he signs off with f exclamation book, the guttural cry of the frustrated voter. I fail you, brother, TJ in the dang writes key Thoughts said to my wife multiple times, I wish Vance was running for president. Waltz was fine, seemed a bit nervous, won't move the needle either way. I actually agree, and I'll explain in a little bit.
Speaker 2: But that was the first debate in a long time that actually felt like a debate, actually answering some of the questions, arguing important Democrat Republican differences, showing at least some respect for each other, and explaining things so people can understand.
Speaker 1: I'll be voting for Trump. I can't wait for the Trump Air to be over with.
Speaker 3: At the same time, and then he says very nice things about the whole crew here, the team, Michael Catie Hanson, behind the scenes mostly and more.
Speaker 1: Is there more?
Speaker 3: I don't think there's more, seems like there should be. Let's pretend there is old Joe from Dayton, Ohio. Not that he's old, but he's a longtime correspondent and a fine fellow. Last night I was watching my first VEEP debate since ninety two, Quail Gore Stockdale, Who am I?
Speaker 1: Why am I here?
Speaker 3: And I concur ninety minutes is too long. Nonetheless, I've found it refreshing political opinions. Notwithstanding, I simply appreciated their cordiality to weave viewers on each other. I would not be adverse to them running again to each other as Potus Macca make America civil again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did you feel about the civility? Did you like it? I did?
Speaker 3: I absolutely did. I think both fellas tend to be more civil. And also JD is smart enough to know he had to counter the narrative that he's some sort of maga demon from hell.
Speaker 1: Right, but he is.
Speaker 3: I mean hell, We've talked to him for a very long time. He's an extremely thoughtful in both senses of the word person. But they both did a lot of just a lot of complimenting each other with a variety of things, or being polite more than I than we've seen it debated in quite a few cycles, deliberately gentlemanly in a way that used to be obligatory. I miss it, Billy and Irvine. Let's see, let's ditch Trump and Harris and elect these guys. But they have to switch Potus and VP roles every four months. This will force them to cooperate with themselves in both parties in the House and Senate. Too bad, the Constitution wouldn't allow it. Yeah, not even close.
Speaker 1: But I like the idea. Let's be horrified at a Tim Walls presidency. Me too.
Speaker 3: I am seriously I would be terrified Arizona Brandon right, so, I thought jadvanced, absolutely brilliant. I had my doubts about Trump choosing him as the VEEP candidate, but I have to give him credit.
Speaker 1: PS.
Speaker 3: I would rather watch Roseanne Bard to a strip tease than hear Jack talk about AI again. I don't know why the somewhat zoftig and aged Roseanne Barr comes in for a kicking and Jack.
Speaker 1: I find Jack's AI screeds fascinating.
Speaker 2: It's damn important whether you whether you want it to be or not. Roseanne Barr, what an odd choice. And we don't have time for this right now, but I want to get to this in a little bit.
Speaker 3: Loyal listener Robert, who has been in the midst of a natural disaster, talking about what an enormous counterproductive pain in the acid is when big time politicians show up.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't doubt that a bit. So it's not only not helpful, it's miserably unhelpful. Doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 2: The dumbest thing we do around disasters is decide governors need to put on some sort of barn coat and act like they're in charge in presidents whatever.
Speaker 1: More on the debate and some of the analysis from smart people stay.
Speaker 7: With us, Armstrong and Getty should.
Speaker 2: We got a lot for you today and a bunch of different things. Some things learned yesterday about the doc strike that are super interesting. Got that guy who's the head dude for the union who talks so tough they ever gave an ass about us until now. Guy makes seven hundred grand a year plus benefits, and the benefits add up to a hell of a lot. So he actually makes a lot more money than that. Drives a Bentley, has a yacht.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the doc worker they don't do like, no care about us work guys.
Speaker 3: Well, and you may recall from yesterday's show we pointed out that he'd been investigated for mob ties. Some details of that trial because it actually went to trial, including the fact that one of the defendants disappeared mid trial and was later found in a shallow gray Really no.
Speaker 1: Mob involvement at all here, nothing to see. Wow, I hadn't heard that. Oh, this guy is straight out of you the Godfather, goodfellas you name it.
Speaker 2: Also, we got to check in on Iran Israel that whole thing that could explode into like a major major people talk about it years from now war at any moment, So we've got that coming up a little bit later. And then you had the vice presidential debate last night, which Joe believes is interesting and consequential. I believe is not consequential and only made me sad and angry.
Speaker 3: Well, I certainly won't debate that last part, although I found it fairly entertaining at least for the first hour.
Speaker 1: So I can't stick with those things much more than an hour.
Speaker 3: And it's funny how often the big singer, the big haymaker is lneded, like in the last five minutes.
Speaker 1: Well, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I've heard from a number of people, including people on the right who are being fair that the last answer Vance gave on January sixth, with his worst moment. Well, the saving grace for that would be if it's true and I didn't see the end, is nobody watched it. Nobody saw the end, so he's safe there. It was just him and the moderators and Tim Walls and their wives the only people that are aware that that happened. So here is my very brief take on why I think it's going to be much much more consequential than any VEEP debate in history. And that is because you have two unpopular presidential candidates who seem to have topped out their appeal and seem unable to do.
Speaker 3: Anything about moving the needle. Just their last efforts have been floundering. Kamala's honeymoon is over and people have woken up to the fact that she's an empty headed puppet. And Trump just finds it completely impossible to be appealing to anybody but those who already love him. So you have a highly unhappy electorate thinking all right, which way do I go on this? And you had the extremely articulate and intelligent jd.
Speaker 1: Vance.
Speaker 3: Unless you find, you know, whatever policies he's advocating abhorrent.
Speaker 1: Then you're not going to vote for him anyway.
Speaker 3: And you had Coach Walls, who came off as the self effacing midwesterner who we've been introduced to, but he also came off as a nervous, angry, stumbling guy who wasn't near ready for the awesome powers of the presidency. People came away from that debate thinking that guy crazy sharp, that guy not so much absolutely could be a couple of percent in the Swing States.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 2: Luckily they take a poll on November fifth and we get a chance to find out. So here's the highlight of the debate to me, and it's incompletely inconsequential. I think the exchange other than it's just the worst job of lying I've ever seen. So here's the original lie that sets it up. Tim Wall's interview from twenty nineteen. This guy's a fabulous every topic he makes a little better than was real, His jobs, whatever, everything.
Speaker 1: When did you live in China.
Speaker 5: About late eighties?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you know I was there.
Speaker 5: I see this happening in Hong Kong. As a more serious note, I was in Hong Kong on June fourth, nineteen eighty nine, when of course Tanneman Square appened. Then I was in China after that. It was very strange because of course all outside transmissions were blocked Voice of America. I mean there was no phones or email or anything, so I was kind of out of touch. It took me a month to know the Berlin Wall had fallen when I was slipping there.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So what's interesting about that, having never heard that before, is there's way more detail there.
Speaker 1: That I was aware.
Speaker 2: So it's a little hard for it to be just a All of us are stories of thirty years ago or wrong. All of us, every human being on earth, are stories of what happened thirty forty years ago or wrong because of just the way the human mind works. I thought maybe he might add to some of that drift or whatever. But he had a lot of detail in there what it was like while he was there, and he wasn't there right exactly, and again inconsequential, but it fits his patterns. So you have not just Margaret Brennan asked him about that.
Speaker 6: We want to ask you about your leadership qualities. Governor Walls, you said you were in Hong Kong during the deadly Tianeman Square protests in the spring of nineteen eighty nine, but Minnesota Public Radio and other media outlets are reporting that you actually didn't travel to Asia until August of that year. Can you explain that discrepancy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and to the folks out there, did get at the top of this look.
Speaker 4: I grew up in small rural Nebraska town of four hundred town that you rode your bike with your buddy still the street lights come on and I'm proud of that service. I joined the National Guard at seventeen, worked on family farms, and then I use the GI Bill to become a teacher, passionate about it a young teacher. My first year out, I got the opportunity in the summer of eighty nine to travel to China thirty five years ago. Be able to do that, I came back home and then started a program to take young people there. We would take basketball teams, we would take baseball teams, we would take dancers, and we would go back and forth to China. The issue for that was was to try and learn. Now, look, my community knows who I am. They saw where I was at.
Speaker 1: They look.
Speaker 4: I will be the first to tell you I have poured my heart into my community. I've tried to do the best I can, but I've not been perfect, and I'm a knucklehead at times. But it's always been about that. Those same people elected me to Congress.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, holy cow, you need a road map and a navigation system for that.
Speaker 2: And then to Margaret Brennan's credit, and I was so angry at her by that point in the debate, but she followed up.
Speaker 6: Governor just to follow up on that, The question was, can you explain they All.
Speaker 4: I said on this was is I got there that summer and misspoke on this, so I will just that's what I've said.
Speaker 1: So I was in.
Speaker 4: Hong Kong and China during the democracy protest went in and from that I learned a lot of what needed to be in governance.
Speaker 6: Thank you, governor.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was just a train record.
Speaker 3: I liked in his first answer how he essentially went with I grew up middle class. That's the official campaign answered everything, And my favorite part was I grew up in a town where you'd ride your bike until the street lights came on.
Speaker 1: And I'm proud of that service.
Speaker 2: What I've actually got the quote a friend sent to me the entire thing in print, So it's kind of funny. Oh yes, the first part your answer to you claimed you're at Tinaman Square, one of the biggest events of the latter half of the twentieth century.
Speaker 1: You claimed you were there. You were clearly not what Gibbs. Look, I grew up in a small, rural Nebraska town already.
Speaker 2: What what? Yeah? So take that, Margaret, I mean, that's way worse than his boss Kamala's you know, explain your economic policy.
Speaker 1: Look, I came from a middle class family. You could at least kind of think that might be going toward the answer.
Speaker 2: There's no way I grew up in a small rural Nebraska town has anything to do with the answer for why you claimed you're at Tinaman Square when you weren't. Look, I grew up in a small rural Nebraska town, a town that you rode your bike with your buddies till the street lights come on.
Speaker 1: And I'm proud of that service.
Speaker 2: You know, I never felt like I was providing a service as I did that very thing in the Midwest.
Speaker 1: But if you'd like to thank me, that'd be fine. And I loved that so much.
Speaker 2: Margaret Brennan Edson's the follow up, and he says, and so yeah, and I said that, and so that's what I've said. And then there's just silence as everybody's got that weird because you've probably been in this situation before where somebody's busted, and like everybody's okay with just leaving it there because we all know what happened and going any further would be uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I mean, everybody's waiting for everybody else to say something so that the silence.
Speaker 1: Is so uncomfortable it's broken to be fair.
Speaker 3: Now, he said he was in Hong Kong during the protests and then went into China when he was in Nebraska during the protests.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got Nebraska town of four hundred town that you rode your bike with your buddy. Still the street lights come on, and I'm proud of that service.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, a great full nation, Thanks you.
Speaker 2: I joined the National Guard at seventeen, worked on family farms, and then used the GIL become a teacher. Okay, again, did you say you were in China when you weren't.
Speaker 1: What's especially hot about that is if he said, yeah, it was so long ago.
Speaker 2: I got the month wrong, but yeah, it was right after the TM men's score stuff that I went, Is that then we're done?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I was watching the Dispatch podcast on that later and Kevin Williamson of the Dispatch said, you kind of answered that in two sentences.
Speaker 1: Yes, I got it wrong. I don't know how my memory is wrong about that, but I just had it turned around somehow the end.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna say? Funny how memories that all get hazy? But yeah, it turns out was a couple weeks after. Anyway, what I want to talk about is the economy.
Speaker 2: Come on, I came back home, and I came back home and then started a program to take young people there. We would take basketball teams, well and sort.
Speaker 1: Of young people. And does it include dancers? That's my question.
Speaker 2: We would take basketball teams, we would take dancers, and we would go back and forth to China for some reason.
Speaker 1: Oh, which is kind of funny.
Speaker 2: I'm a knucklehead of as I make up stories about major historic events that I claim to have been a part of, like Forrest Gump, and then it turns out you get caught because there's records of that.
Speaker 1: So I'm a knucklehead.
Speaker 3: And then I stammer and go down verbal cul de sacs for about sixty seconds until uncomfortable silence takes over the room.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Walls, and I have this message.
Speaker 2: Yeah, play play seventy three again just because it's so uncomfortably good.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love it.
Speaker 5: Governor.
Speaker 6: Just to follow up on that, the question was can you explain theancy?
Speaker 4: All I said on this was is I got there that summer and misspoke on this. So I will just that's what I've said.
Speaker 1: So I was in.
Speaker 4: Hong Kong and China during the democracy protest went in and from that I learned a lot of what needed to be in governance.
Speaker 6: Thank you, governor.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of sometimes when when somebody's in too big a hurry editing tape and they believe in sentence fragments that they'd.
Speaker 1: Meant to cut out and all there was.
Speaker 3: There's a handful of words in there that I'm not sure what relationship they had to the other words.
Speaker 2: He actually actually, if he had have begun with his ending without the pauses, he would have been in a lot more decent shape. Boy, I've got more punditry to get on this. Let me read one more thing before we head toward our break, because you'll like this, as I did not get as much out of this as you did. Joe Klein, who was on one of your cable news channels, he's a super lefty. He was involved in the Clinton administration or back then. He it doesn't matter. He's a big time Democrat journalist, couldn't hate Donald Trump. And JD vancemore open about it on all the cable news channels last night, said it wasn't as bad as Biden's debilitated performance in June, but it was close, yeah, which remember that drove Biden out of the race.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, So happened to get this note from Jeff. I just shut off the veep debate. Jd Vance was correcting the moderator's fact check, which they swore they weren't going to do, and they cut his mic and done with this BS TV off. CBS continues to I can't say that on the air, Jeff.
Speaker 1: We will. We will demonstrate for you what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: The outrageous bias of CBS rearing its pretty well coughed head next hour. I hope you can stay tuned. Quick word from our friends.
Speaker 6: In America to get ahead, I know on many topics.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm trying to go to the commercial Margaret or Nora but yelling at me. So, the federal reserves dropped interest rates, and you need to call our friends at American Financing today. With mortgage rates and the force, now is the perfect time to consolidate debt and reduce your monthly expenses.
Speaker 1: So a lot of people been using.
Speaker 2: Credit cards because of the prices at the grocery store and gas and power and childcare. That debt is super expensive with credit card rates being so high, but with mortgage rates dropping, now's the time to wipe that debt out.
Speaker 3: American Financing is helping homeowners just like you, save over eight hundred dollars a month on average. There are even closing some in as fast as ten days. And if you start today, you can delay too. You may be able to delay two mortgage payments so there.
Speaker 2: Are no upfront fees. To find out how much you can say, call American Financing Today. American Financing eight eight eight eight four one thirteen nineteen. That's eight eight eight eight four one thirteen nineteen. Americanfinancing dot net.
Speaker 1: In mls one eight two through three four mls Consumer access dot org.
Speaker 2: If you have for rates in the five s at six point zero one four percent for well qualified borrowers. Called eight eight eight eight four to one, thirteen nineteen for details about credit cards and terms.
Speaker 1: From Hetty. I hope this isn't stealing one of your headlines, Katie.
Speaker 2: But Kamala Harris is sitting down with CBS sixty minutes. I think for this Sunday, they're supposed to be back to back interviews with Harrison Trump. But Trump the headline last night came out that he had backed out of the sixty minutes debate with no explanation.
Speaker 1: The Trump campaign is saying this morning, that's not true. So I don't know which is which.
Speaker 2: But it's interviews, not a debate, right, did I say debate? No, it's interviews, Yeah, okay, interviews, back to back interviews on Saty and Trump has done so many interviews. I wonder if you just just pissed off at CBS.
Speaker 1: He might have watched the debate last night.
Speaker 2: I thought, I hold, so no fact checking, huh, whatever, screw you people, And I would I would understand that.
Speaker 1: Good lord, if you were.
Speaker 3: Lucky enough to have missed CBS's egregious dishonesty, we'll.
Speaker 1: Have that for you next hour. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Mark Alpern's explanation for it in his newsletter today, I thought was really good.
Speaker 1: You're gonna like it a lot. We will get to that. Yeah, terrific.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's figure out who's the reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green Katie.
Speaker 7: Thank you, guys, Washington Post, IDF and has b LA clash in Lebanon, Israel, and the United States vow consequences for Iran attack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is street to street, house to house fighting going on right now in Lebanon with Idea forces and Hasible US.
Speaker 1: So that is something man I find Israel.
Speaker 2: I'd do what I was going to do last night while the debate was on because of the way we're so inner focused in this country on our own politics and it's our you know, it's our favorite soap opera and TV show. It's amazing how little attention yesterday's the situation the Middle least got once the debate got rolling. There is a great deal to be said, but little time. We'll dive into that next hour, I'm sure.
Speaker 7: From the Guardian, Russia claims strategic victory in East unease in Moscow over huge spending on war. Currently forty percent of their budgets going towards this war.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Domestic politics in Russia is such an interesting topic.
Speaker 1: Since it's a totalitarian.
Speaker 3: Regime and super harsh restrictions on free speech, it's always difficult to know how much dissent there is.
Speaker 2: Now, they got the advantage of the number two economy in the the world backing them up right Now A thought China, NBC.
Speaker 7: More than one hundred and fifty are dead and hundreds are still missing, many caught in Hurricane Helene's historic historic flooding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I learned more about why it was so crazy. Uh, climatologically, we can talk about that more. But remember the term the brown ocean. Brown ocean.
Speaker 1: I learned it. You will too, stay with us.
Speaker 7: From Newsweek Port strike update, Union turns down quote nearly fifty percent wage increase.
Speaker 2: They making about seventy some dollars an hour with crazy benefits. It's it's a really misleading to just give the salary because they're one of those outfits that their benefits are unreal.
Speaker 1: From the New York Post.
Speaker 7: Third college volleyball team refuses to compete against transgender opponent by forfeiting games.
Speaker 2: San Jose State Spartan's goes Bartans nine at all. Last three opponents refuse to play because we got a dudo team, but wait to have.
Speaker 1: A dude and win the games.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah, University of Wyoming said no, it's women's sports.
Speaker 1: From not playing a team with a dude, Way to go, ladies. Hanson demanded that I put this in.
Speaker 7: How about the Padres Slam Diego wins game of the National League Wildcard Series, beating the Braves four to one.
Speaker 1: Go Padres, nice job, Anson slam Diego. All right, and we have a new feature, guys. It's called Popular Memes.
Speaker 7: Kamala Harris to announce new VP running mate, and then below it as a.
Speaker 1: Picture of Kamala and Biden had a f care go on.
Speaker 7: And finally, the Babylon Bee doctors will no longer ask quote, who is the president to test for concussions since honestly, nobody is.
Speaker 1: Really sure anymore. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had this wow conversation with somebody yesterday. Who's making the decisions on this major form POM stuff. I mean, when somebody decides to send another a warship to the Middle East, who's making that decision?
Speaker 3: And I heard in some of the analysis of the Israel situation them saying you've got a president who's essentially a president emeritus. He doesn't seem to be the president anymore, and his VIPA is on the campaign trail not paying attention.
Speaker 2: So netanyah, who cares what the US thinks? And he should at this point anyway. Yeah, I can't wait till the books are written about this who is running the country during this weird period we're in. We've got so much more on the way. Sure, I hope you can stick around. Get the podcast if you miss it.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty