Speaker 1: Broadcasting from the fifty eighth annual CMA Awards.
Speaker 2: It's the Bobby Ball.
Speaker 3: Gracious if you.
Speaker 4: Hear that voice, that is mister Luke Bryan and it's Morgan here.
Speaker 5: Luke.
Speaker 4: How you feeling.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 6: I'm good. Just you know, they ask a lot of me this week and I'm I'm overworked and I'm stressed.
Speaker 4: You're over and stressed. You're hosting the CMA Awards. I'm pretty sure that's also.
Speaker 6: Hard to not stop drinking early and you know, not start drinking early. But no, I'm playing. It's it's good week. We're having fun and we've been working on some of our hosting, some of our hosting stuff and got Laney in the mix with us, so we're have a good time.
Speaker 7: I want to know, what's the funniest quirk you've learned about Peyton Manning.
Speaker 6: Oh, the funniest, Well, the it's not a quirk Peyton. When you grow up in the world of pro football, like, timeliness is essential. And if it's eleven o'clock, Peyton is there at eleven and you if you're there one minute late, Peyton will, yeah.
Speaker 4: He'll And have you shown up one minute late?
Speaker 3: Yes, but not necessarily my fault.
Speaker 6: It was one time I showed up a little late because of bad intel and yeah, Peyton, let me have it.
Speaker 4: But uh, oh, were you getting scolded like.
Speaker 6: You're he yells at me. It's very it's very tricky, tricky work environment.
Speaker 7: I want to know what a day in the life of Luke Brian is like, like real, quickly tell me outside when you're not working, Music's not happening, you're not touring, just normal day in the life of Luke Brian.
Speaker 6: Well, if I can go get a little round of golf in in the morning, and then uh it's if I can get around to golf in. And if I'm not golf and I tell you what I've gotten in a habit, I just get on my little side by side and ride around my house. Maybe smoke a cigar every now and then, more than every now and then, but anyway, try to be outside a lot, be outside going fishing and hunting and being with my kids. And yeah, just not sitting on a couch.
Speaker 3: I rarely. I don't do that very well.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I love a Luke Bryan day.
Speaker 7: My last question for you, if music is not in the question it's nothing music related.
Speaker 4: What is something you would like to do before you die?
Speaker 3: Ooh, before I do.
Speaker 6: I want to go back to Athens and get my degree, get a degree from the University of Georgia.
Speaker 4: Do you not have a degree.
Speaker 6: I've got a degree from Georgia Southern, a business degree, but I'd like to go get I'd like to go get a diploma with Georgia on it.
Speaker 7: I can just see you hanging out with the college students getting your degree again.
Speaker 3: Well, it'd be like, probably be a great reality show.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, Luke, thanks for joining us. Good luck at the awards. You're going to crush it. We know you're gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: The CMA's are live Wednesday, November twentyth at eight seventh Central on ABC.
Speaker 4: We're in here with col Swindell.
Speaker 7: I haven't gotten to see you, but congratulations. You're not a married man, not now you've been married for all Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's been's been a minute last five months, so it's been it's been great. We're winding on the year shows and look forward to the holidays as a married couple.
Speaker 2: So she'ld be good.
Speaker 7: I want to know does she have any quirks that she's learned about you guys since getting married, where she's like, oh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know this one.
Speaker 8: Ally, I'm sure I don't. She would be better to answer that than.
Speaker 7: Me, but uh, well, I didn't want to ask you about her.
Speaker 4: So she's probably perfect.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, she's perfect. Yeah I'm not.
Speaker 7: So what have you learned about yourself? Maybe in these last few months?
Speaker 8: You know, nothing, It's I didn't really know what to but I didn't expect it to change too much.
Speaker 2: It really hasn't.
Speaker 8: It's uh, I mean, I really She's with me a lot, obviously on the road and stuff, so we kind of just it's like we're still dating, but we're forever.
Speaker 2: Dating, you know.
Speaker 8: It's a I don't know, it's it's not that big of a change, which is good, honestly.
Speaker 4: But I feel like that's probably the healthy thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, living together and just we have a place in North Carolina too, so kind of just being around her family. I love that she loves her family, and I just all the stuff I've been through, I want her to spend as much time with them as she can. So I a big fan of them, and we're we're looking forward to the holidays together.
Speaker 4: So I was gonna say, have they taken you in as one of their own?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean it's that's all you can ask for, you know, it's especially you know, in my situation, I still have family in Georgia, but you know, they have honestly to have her parents and sister and brother just they just feel like they've been family, felt like family since day one. So now this is our first one together as real family, the first Thanksgiving and Christmas. I mean we had just kind of started dating. That was kind of the first time I've done that. That was a little, uh, a little scary. But they they're they're very good people and it's just she They're just like her, So.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Well, the best things in life are always the scariest, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're right, You're right, And that's what I uh, it's it's going good and looking forward to I don't know, just seeing what comes next. But married, that was that was a big deal this year for me personally.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, what is it date night with you guys? Look like, if you're.
Speaker 8: Gonna go weird, I know we should probably do more stuff. But when we're not on the road. I mean, we're literally trying to find a new crime doc to watch or something that's always our things. So any suggestions out there to crime documentary, we're just yeah, I guess that's weird to love watching those, but we are.
Speaker 4: We are.
Speaker 2: We love watching some true crime stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I don't have true crime for you, but I do have anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, is that we wrestled?
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, I've seen I haven't seen the show, but I know it's out there, so I watch that one and everything that's something bingell.
Speaker 2: That's what we like. So I bet that's good.
Speaker 5: I'll check it out.
Speaker 4: Okay, good, bit much. What about outside of music?
Speaker 7: What is something that you hope to accomplish before you die outside of music?
Speaker 8: Outside of music, man, someday I hope to be a dad. I think that's something that, you know, just the next step. I didn't know if i'd ever get married at some point. Now that I'm there, it's just everything changes, you know, when you find that person. So I hope, yeah, I hope somebody gets to call me dad someday.
Speaker 2: That'd be cool.
Speaker 7: You know, girls often put names in their phone with the want to name their kids do you have names and a notes on your phone?
Speaker 8: I don't have them on my phone. I'm sure she's got a she's got a list. We've talked about it, but I don't have the actual list.
Speaker 4: So is there any notes in Colsondow's phone? Do you have any notes for anything in.
Speaker 8: Particular, just other than song titles and lyrics? That's about That's really it. I mean just usually when I come up with an idea or something for a song, I'll write it down on my phone. But kids' names I hadn't, you know, I don't have a list of that, but I'll let her let her handle that. She'll probably have the final say so anyway.
Speaker 4: So okay, all right, And what about next year for you?
Speaker 7: Like we're going into the holidays, like, what is your next year looking like?
Speaker 4: Are big things coming? Should we be looking for stuff?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we've got, you know, trying to finish up, finish up this fifth album. It'll be out next year.
Speaker 2: Really looking forward.
Speaker 8: To to that, but also going to Australia for the first time in New Zealand doing some shows with Cody Johnson over there, So looking forward to doing that. I've never never traveled like that, so hopefully we have some time to do stuff other than I'm looking forward to the shows obviously, but just to explore and see that I've never never traveled uh that far, so it's gonna be gonna be interesting. I'm looking forward to it. And Courtney's going with me, so well, we'll get into something. It'll be it'll be fun.
Speaker 7: Oh heck yat Well, before you leave, I need you to do an Australian accent for me, since you are going down under, I need you to do your best Australian accent.
Speaker 8: I'm Keith Urban.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know anything, but I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't really know how to I'm not I'm not good at that, but I do love the way all Australians taught. So that's actually what I'm looking forward to. I've got somebodies at Golfer Buddies and it's just I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love listening to them talk.
Speaker 8: They're hilarious too, like it makes it even funnier this stuff. And thinking about a specific buddy, not Keith Urban. I don't know him that.
Speaker 4: Well, but you Keith's phone number.
Speaker 2: I do not I know, I'm.
Speaker 5: Probably not that close.
Speaker 4: Okay, what is the coolest phone number you have on your phone?
Speaker 8: The coolest phone number I have? Oh my gosh, and not numbers.
Speaker 4: Blake Blake came in. He's like, no numbers, no, no, no, the person Blake person.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh my gosh. Trying to think.
Speaker 4: I feel like you hang out with so many cool people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think the coolest.
Speaker 8: I don't know. I mean, since we're here, I mean Peyton Manning's he's a buddy, so I think.
Speaker 2: Having him in there's pretty cool. A big fan of his, so it's cool.
Speaker 8: Just being a sports fan and some of the people you get to meet, you know, for music and stuff.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 8: So I'll go with Peyton for now.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 4: So okay, Well say goodbye in Australian for us.
Speaker 8: Good ay, mate, so bad they're gonna kick me out of there.
Speaker 1: Don't miss the fifty eighth annual CEMA Live on ABC Wednesday night at eight seven Central.
Speaker 5: Christ James and how's life man?
Speaker 3: It's really good man, thanks for asking. We We've been really busy, like really busy, but it's been really good. We've got the top thirty now with what you See Is what you Get. The single I have a new song coming on the twenty second Christmas and Dixie with the original Alabama Band we did a duet which I'm pretty stoked about, comes out on the eleven, twenty two. And then yeah, we just been dropping some new music. Time makes money look cheap, which is doing good for us. And the kids are healthy and my wife is hot, and tours going great and uh, it's fabulous to be here with you, bad bunny.
Speaker 5: Okay, And so I do like the kid the kids, How hard is it?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 5: When does it get easier? Cause your kids are kind of older now that I mean, they're like, what's the youngest ten? See, that's old.
Speaker 3: So that's still really little in my eyes.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: No, oh, like my song just talk to You?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but it shut.
Speaker 3: Up Siri, I mean, seriously shut up anyway. No, My question is like, first time the phones ever talked to me in my life? Man, they must know something we don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but at ten years old, they're kind of self reliant for them for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they pretty much are. My kid called me a trader this morning. I was like, what the heck does that even mean? It was all over a deer hunting stand. But anyway, I love I love my kids.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 5: I love my kids because my kids, they don't call me a trader. They call me poopy butt, poop head. Uh face. Does that ever end?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, it never ends, man, it only gets worse in a good way. I mean, here's the thing. I always live like this.
Speaker 5: Do your kids fart on you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean they will run from their room to where I'm saying. They did it last night on the plane, okay, just making sure we were.
Speaker 3: Flying last night. I mean, I wake up and I'm like, what the heck?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 3: Really? But yeah, they're constantly fighting. You kids every just fight constantly.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's you know, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Stantly.
Speaker 5: They can go outside and play a game of football, baseball, tag, yeah, get along, get along. Great minute they say, Dad, do you want to come out and play? And I come out and play, Dad. That's not the rule. I wanted to be this rule.
Speaker 2: Dad.
Speaker 5: He did this, Dad, he did that on that. Man, you guys were playing just fin until I got out here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're living you're literally I love them, yeah, but you're literally speaking my language. I mean That's that's the life I'm living every day. But I wouldn't trade it for the world. I mean, I really wouldn't. The chaos in my house is a beautiful chaos. I don't. I don't. I would be really bored without it any second. The Kelly and I away from the kids were like, man, we miss them, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I try to teach my wife like she worries about our house being clean.
Speaker 3: And I explained that how you get that.
Speaker 5: That we have three boys, it's never going to be clean. It does not matter if you clean up. In twenty minutes, they're gonna come wrestle on that clean couch and all the cushions are gonna be off. And she just does not get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me and me and Jesse woke up at five this morning. We're walking through the house accidentally it was an accident, Yeah, in our muck boots and we had mud all over the place. And and so I can I can relate with the house cleaning thing, man, I mean, but again, what are houses for if you can't live in them? And that's just the way I look at it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: The other day was my wife's birthday, and she's like Oh, we're gonna clean all day. And I'm like, yeah, okay, and all we did was just play with the kids and nothing got clean. And she was like, well, so much for what I said we were gonna do today, Like go fish car over there.
Speaker 3: My wife tells me we're going to clean all day. I'm like, I'm into it. I mean, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I got what you're saying. I am We're about to get real dirty and I like to do the dishes, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Hey, Yeah, look look dog, I'm like I'm ready to get dirty and get clean. So, I mean, whatever happens happened, I don't even care. I mean that's and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, don't worry, honey, I'll put the soap in the dishwasher.
Speaker 3: Okay. I can't even know what to say to that one.
Speaker 5: Chris Jansen, Man, thank you, I mean, hey, congratulations on everything. Can't wait for the Christmas song and yeah see you man.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Bobby Bone Show, where we talk X rated content and all of the things in between. Don't drop the soap.
Speaker 5: Yeah, breaking news, guys, breaking news. Chris Jansen almost died.
Speaker 3: Yeah really, I mean I the mountain dew was killing me and I had to get off of it and I quit it. I just quit it all of a sudden, like on a Tuesday. And I've been eight months clean.
Speaker 5: So what happened?
Speaker 4: But you were drinking mountain dew?
Speaker 7: Like, tell the people that don't are super familiar with this, like you have drank mountain dew religiously since you were young?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, since I was at least six seven years old. I've been drinking twelve to twenty four a day. And uh, on top of that, every candy and unhealthy thing you could put in your body. And I finally just got to where I man, my kidneys were hurting, my liver was hurting, my gallbladder was hurting, and Luke Bryan of all people, and his wife hooked me up with their doctor friend.
Speaker 5: And so, were you like bulging out?
Speaker 3: Were you looking pregnant or like I was looking straight pregnant. My friends were picking on me, what honey? Oh yeah, I went from size thirty waist jeans to thirty two waist jeans. I've never done that in my life.
Speaker 5: Girls. You know what that's like, right, ooh, you know what that's like.
Speaker 3: So literally like in a long story short I was my body was just really decaying on the inside, and so I just dropped it, literally, and the dude told me, he's like, you can either quit this or die. Those are the choices, and so I quit it. I gave blood for the first time. I took my blood levels after the fact, and my blood levels had leveled back out. I was feeling great, and I've been feeling great ever since.
Speaker 5: So I've oh, wah, wait, you gave blood, like you donated blood for the first time.
Speaker 3: I did have your blood.
Speaker 5: Yeah, blood Now, I was just mountain dew. And so then they redid it and it's now down the pad. No.
Speaker 3: I actually because I was traveling so much, which I know it sounds stupid, but it's the truth. So it was traveling so much, I really didn't have time, and so I just said, Okay, I'm going to quit this, and I quit. And months and months and months and months and months went by. When I finally got finally in to see the doctor, they took the blood finally and he said, well, your levels are great. Everything is completely great. And I attribute that to just getting healthy and now the only liquid I've had I've had twelve cups of decaf coffee in the last eight months. Other than that, the only liquid in my body has been water. The only liquid.
Speaker 5: Wait, how long did you have withdraws?
Speaker 2: Never?
Speaker 3: I didn't have one to draw.
Speaker 5: Because, like when I gave up cokes back in high school. I was a junior in high school, right, and missus Whiteside rest in peace. She called my parents and was like, your son thinks he's running for political office in my classroom. He won't sit down. So I thought, Oh, it's cuz I drink so many cokes, you know what I mean. So I stopped drinking them. I'll tell you what. For two weeks, I got headaches and I was like, oh my gosh. But then I even had a coke since.
Speaker 3: I got zero headaches. And here's why I think that I had no withdrawals. I mean, I'm just being straight real with you here. When someone tells you you might die, you have to change immediately. You got to change yesterday. So I changed, and I had. I mean, I was on a mission.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: I did a parasite cleanse. I did every cleanse you could do in your body, and I mean like my body was detoxing, like yeast and crazy colors and like I mean like sweating out even like it was just nutty. And so now on finally level, and I haven't had any junk in my body. And I don't even crave it. If you tried to give me a Mountain dew coke anything like that. I know this little kill endorsements, but like I don't even care. I just I don't even want it. I only drink water.
Speaker 2: And that's it.
Speaker 4: You had like a really brutal wake up calls.
Speaker 3: It was amazing, It really was amazing. And here's the thing. When I got into the doctor finally to see him, he's up hunting buddy of me and Luke's great guy. I said, what about cigars? I mean, I love cigars. He's like, you can still smoke cigars. That's no problem, that's not like that's not going to crush you. Like this is going to crush you. And I said, all right, so you know, I still have a bit of a vice, but everybody's got one, not a big deal. I can give it up if I need to. But yeah, I'm as clean as a whistle as far as that's concerned.
Speaker 7: Your wife was also saying, too, I think this is super relatable. She was like, it was really hard to get you into the doctor.
Speaker 4: You didn't want to see yet.
Speaker 5: You know why because we're men and we don't go to the doctor.
Speaker 3: Well, and also you think, I mean, you think the worst. I mean, when you think something's going wrong with you, the first thing we do is to go to web md and and then Google tells you have cancer. And so I don't want that, and nobody wants that, and I just hate it for people who actually do have that, and so I was freaked out. I'm not gonna lie. I've never been scared of really anything in my life, but I was pretty scared to go to the doctor. I was scared to give blood. And I did it. And I was so grateful thirty minutes later to hear that everything was totally normal and my body's not fighting off any kind of you know, infection or in disease. And I'm just I'm just thankful for it. I really am. And I and I'm I'm not a proponent for great health, but I will tell you this, like, take it from a guy like me who's been drinking Mountain do his whole entire life. I loved it. I mean I really loved it, but you couldn't give me one. Now, it's just it's the craziest thing you've ever seen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you love life more, you love your family more than if you're listening. Put down the bottle, pour it out. Yeah, Chris Jameson can do it. You can do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's seriously from a sober guy.
Speaker 5: It was months sober man. Thanks crazy.
Speaker 3: They'll start giving coins for mountain new people.
Speaker 5: All right, and we're out.
Speaker 1: CMA's are live Wednesday, November twenty at eight seventh Central on ABC.
Speaker 4: Morgan here with Dasha.
Speaker 7: We are getting ready for CMA Awards. Is this your first official CMA Awards?
Speaker 9: We this is my first official Last year, I snuck in like generally not I was not invited at all. My friend had an extra like nosebley ticket, and then we snuck down to get closer. I was not invited last year. Is the end of the story. But now we are, so you're a seat offer.
Speaker 4: I was that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but mm hmm okay. What does it feel like then for you? Like this week has to be very exciting for you.
Speaker 4: It's so full circle.
Speaker 9: I mean this really ties this year in like a beautiful, big red bow. This year has just been the most incredible, insane, so fast paced, and it's really cool to have this all like accumulate to this wonderful week where everyone's in town here celebrating country music and I'm just happy to be here.
Speaker 7: Well and listen, everybody saw your viral blow up and everything that happened. But if there's anything that I know, especially about Nashville, is it's a ten year town and there was a lot of work that went into that. So for you, what did that work kind of look like before everybody saw this huge.
Speaker 4: Moment for you?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean my work started when I was thirteen. That's when I put my first song out ever, and then I've been releasing music and writing since I was like eight years old and playing gigs since I was like ten, and I've done my ten years, just not specifically Nashville. I moved here when I was eighteen, though, so that's been what six years?
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I was not gonna ask you, right, So I.
Speaker 9: Was gonna that math for a second. Yeah, So I don't know. It just natural has been so lovely to me, and the songwriters here are unmatched and just grateful, who is.
Speaker 7: Like the country icon to you because I'm I'm a couple of years older than you, so like I have some but I'm curious if they're the same for you.
Speaker 9: Growing up? It was Miranda and Carrie, Okay, but I just love how badass they are, and that's I feel like a character trait that I love about myself is how I'm very craft, I'm very confident, and I think those two women did such an incredible job at shaping their artistry around how fearless they are.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, And it's funny you say that because they were inspired by my two icons, which is Dolly Parton and Shannai time.
Speaker 9: Shanaia is a big one for me. It's always a big one for me. I mean, Shani giving me the People's Choice Award was like the most insaneful.
Speaker 4: To you die a little bit? No, I was dying inside, Are you kidding me?
Speaker 9: First off, I didn't think I was gonna win, obviously, because I'm against all these incredible people, Carrie and Miranda. You know, I'm just like, no, I'm not gonna win. It's all good. I'm just happy to be there. She calls my name and I was like, Wow, Shania Twain is giving me my first.
Speaker 11: Award ever right now.
Speaker 4: It's just like the wildest thing ever.
Speaker 9: If you would have told me a year ago that that was gonna happen, I would have been like, you are lying to me. Well.
Speaker 7: I love it as someone who is also like a confident woman. I love that you have just taken this and run with it and continue to do so. And I think it's so impressive. And please don't ever stop. Don't let anybody now. I do want to ask you outside of music. This is a fun question. Okay, what is something you hope to accomplish before you die? Not music related?
Speaker 9: Ooh, I really would like to a lot of people. My family are divorced, and I really want to find like a really healthy, loving relationship because I think I'm capable of that.
Speaker 4: I believe you're kid.
Speaker 9: I'm very picky with the people I date too, as I should be. Yeah, as I should be. And I think i'm I think i'm I want to be a mom too. I really want a daughter.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 7: I love how everybody comes in with like totally different ideas of what this was and yours just went so sweet and.
Speaker 4: I was a wholesome. I'm a sweety pine side.
Speaker 7: You will never know you know what, but I'm rooting for you, not just in your success, but to also find that. I think everybody is deserving and deserves to have that. So thank you, congratulations on everything.
Speaker 4: Is great to get a chat with you. I can to see you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't miss the fifty eighth annual CEMAS Live on ABC Wednesday night at eight seventh Central.
Speaker 7: It's Morgan here with Jordan Davis. It is CMA week. Jordan, how are you feeling fool good?
Speaker 13: I'm lucky this I just have to present, so like I don't have to to play, which is always like super nerve wracking, So I feel good. I just say I'm able to just like enjoy it and be at home for a week.
Speaker 7: You know what's funny is we did a game and it was trying to guess the thing the artists are most known for aside from music.
Speaker 4: What would you think.
Speaker 2: Yours would be aside for music? Like my beard?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you feel like that's like I.
Speaker 13: Just left the interview there talking like you got like best beard or something.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, it checks out.
Speaker 4: Do you think I'll ever shave it probably.
Speaker 13: I feel like we're we're going to Australia in January and it's like one hundred and five degrees down there, so I could see me probably shaving. I'll never shave with a razor, but I will like trim it down to where like it's just like.
Speaker 2: A five o'clock shadow.
Speaker 4: You're saying you're never gonna go full on baby bit, No no.
Speaker 2: No, no, never for the rest of my life.
Speaker 7: Like, is it because you've seen yourself that and you didn't like it, or you just I just hate I just hate shaving with a razor.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like, yeah, I don't like it either.
Speaker 13: I don't think that I looked that great with like a clean shaven face. Okay, I have like a round face, so I feel like if I had like high cheek bones, like you know, like a defined jawline, I could go like straight razor. But no, I need I need a little bit of a little bit of texture.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's totally fair.
Speaker 7: You are a massive sports fan, and I know everybody's here to talk about music, but we're gonna talk about some other things.
Speaker 2: Talk about sports whenever.
Speaker 7: Okay, you're a big sports fan, and the thing is is that people have all their rituals that they do.
Speaker 4: Do you have any rituals you do to make sure your team wins?
Speaker 13: Oh, gosh, I have to wear like it's weak, but like I have to wear LSU some type of LSU gear.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter like feet, head, It could be.
Speaker 2: A hat, sock.
Speaker 13: I've never watched an LSU game without some type of gear on.
Speaker 4: And if you haven't, like, do you think they would lose? Is that the field?
Speaker 13: I've watched them lose them both, But I just feel like maybe I should change it up.
Speaker 4: That's actually I have to admit to you. I don't watch a lot of sports, so I'm not familiar.
Speaker 13: It's been a rough year for the Tigers, but you know what, there's ups and downs, and this is a down year.
Speaker 2: We're gonna bounce back. We'll be fine.
Speaker 13: But yeah, maybe I should change it up. We play Vanderbilt this weekend.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that could be rough because if you lose to Vanderbilt, there might be another goalposts in Cumberland.
Speaker 2: Well, luckily it's in Baton Rouge.
Speaker 7: Oh do you guys have a goal post that they could throw somewhere?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they could dump in the Missippi River and they would probably do it.
Speaker 14: If they beat LSU, they will probably throw a.
Speaker 2: Gold post of the river.
Speaker 4: They were doing that and you were at the game, would you participate?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I think even if they just drummed out and I was like, ye know what, I live in Nashville now, I'm kind of half and half here.
Speaker 2: I might as well give a hand.
Speaker 5: I'll care for her and then I'm out.
Speaker 4: That's impressive.
Speaker 7: What about dad life, I mean, outside of being on the road and everything, your dad life. What is the most dad Jordan Davis story that you have from me right now?
Speaker 12: Oh gosh, maybe.
Speaker 4: Something you learn from your kids recently. That's a fun lesson.
Speaker 2: God, I don't know, I'm such a dad. I'm trying to.
Speaker 4: Think of, like do you do dad like dad jokes? Often? Are you in the school line and your cracking jokes?
Speaker 13: Well, here's the funny thing, all right, So my daughter goes to school. It's like right around the corner from the house, and when I drive her off, it's like all dads that are like going to work. So it's like nice shoes, slacks, like some of them have blazers or like ties or like button down shirts and I'll like go in like crocs and like sweats and like walk her to class, and like when I walk out, I'm like, man, I should really start cleaning up a little bit. Like And the other day, my wife, my daughter came home and she was like, Dad, all the other dads look way better.
Speaker 2: They dressed nicer than you when you drop me off for school.
Speaker 5: So that was the last straw.
Speaker 13: I was like, all right, if I'm gonna if I'm gonna take my daughter to school, I need to not wear a sweatshirt, sweatpants, socks tucked into my sweatpants and crocs.
Speaker 4: Okay, but is it not the worst when you get roasted by your own kids?
Speaker 2: Yes, and you're like terrible.
Speaker 7: Besides, this, is there another roast that you've had recently where it kind of hurt your soul a little bit?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I just finished a song, just wrote a song, came home, was playing it for my wife.
Speaker 2: And I was screwing it up because I just wrote it.
Speaker 13: Eloise, geez, give me a break, and I just wrote it, and I was kind of screwing it up.
Speaker 2: But I was like, oh, my wife will get it.
Speaker 13: Like, you know, I'm not playing it perfectly, but you'll hear the words and I get done, and I'm just like waiting for the reaction. And my daughter's like, that's not that good, dadda, And I was.
Speaker 5: Like, geez, tough, crowd.
Speaker 13: I have a couple of them that were pretty good, which is why you're going to school.
Speaker 2: So figure, you know, maybe keep your opinion to yourself.
Speaker 4: Is there any that she likes of your songs?
Speaker 13: Yeah, she loves next thing you know she loves, but she doesn't listen time of my music. She's you know, a huge Morgan fan, huge Luke Combs fan. I Ain't No Love in Oklahoma is playing at my house twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: They love that song.
Speaker 7: You know, if I didn't know any better, I would think that you're not a music artist yourself.
Speaker 13: No, I don't think they like there's other like music artists. And then I'm just trying to get I'm just trying to make it. You're like, in the eyes of my kids, I am still just just just trying to get in there.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 7: That's that's the best part about having kids. At least they keep you humble forever. You can never you know, be.
Speaker 4: Too cocky with having children.
Speaker 3: Absolutely well, Jordan.
Speaker 4: Thanks for joining and I hope your week is awesome. Good luck presenting.
Speaker 7: Thank you, hopefully not too nervous and maybe switch it up for LSU.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, no, no gear, right, no gear this weekend? Not wearing it. No gear.
Speaker 1: The cmas are live Wednesday, November twenty at eight seventh Central on ABC.
Speaker 7: I'm joined by Blake Shelton, who is like ten feet taller than me.
Speaker 3: On camera.
Speaker 4: You're on camera and you're on audio.
Speaker 15: You got to play the Oh my bad.
Speaker 4: It's okay. We're learning. You're new at this. You haven't been around a time or two. We're doing rapid fire questions. Are you ready for this?
Speaker 3: Bring it on?
Speaker 4: Okay. Coolest phone number in your phone?
Speaker 3: Lock?
Speaker 14: The numbers are cool.
Speaker 4: No, no against you.
Speaker 14: Okay, I see what you're saying. I just got John Day's phone number. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 9: That is.
Speaker 14: That's like the new exciting one in there.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a cool one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What is your favorite date night activity to do with Quinn?
Speaker 14: We love to just get a lock of whatever the it doesn't even matter whatever, like the newest series documentary or series like on one of the Netflix or whatever.
Speaker 4: We love that you like a Netflix and chill.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, I do. Yeah, that's what you're calling it. A Netflix and chick.
Speaker 4: That's what it's been called forever. Are you just did you just hear that from the present?
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I'm going to be the one saying it, and everybody's going to say no one says that anymore.
Speaker 4: So I'm really glad I could teach you that.
Speaker 7: Okay, what is something that you hope to accomplish before you die? Not related to music touring anything like that. Something you hope to accomplish before you die?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 14: Uh, maybe I should read a book.
Speaker 4: You've never read a book, not a full.
Speaker 14: Book, not like on the Way to the end. I can't stay focused that long. I can't tell by the time you get, like me halfway through the book and it's like, man, this is boring here, what's the movie?
Speaker 4: Are you messing? I can't tell.
Speaker 14: Well, I read tons of articles all the way to the end, but not a full book, did you?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, I mean, like a book, like a novel, like a.
Speaker 14: Novel, like a fictional novel, whatever, her true story even, but not nothing thicker than that I've ever completed like that?
Speaker 5: Probably?
Speaker 4: Okay, So let's get to Harry Potter book.
Speaker 3: Maybe in the movie.
Speaker 14: Why would you read it if you could watch the movie.
Speaker 7: You have a good point, but you have a lot of readers that you probably just made mad. Okay, your favorite thing to do on your day off, if you could do anything in the world, what is the thing that you're gonna do?
Speaker 14: I love I love farming. That's what I do now.
Speaker 4: And when you say that, I love it.
Speaker 14: And I love deer hunting too, But I've gotten to the age where it's like the farming part of that is my favorite.
Speaker 4: And in particular, what is it planting?
Speaker 14: Okay, planting, preparing the soil, putting the seeds in the soil, and wishing that it would rain all of that stuff.
Speaker 4: What are the seeds that you currently have planted?
Speaker 14: Well, currently is wheat and alfalfa Okay, yeah, but this spring it'll be beans and corn and all that crap.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't really care.
Speaker 4: No, I doe. I'm from Kansas, Okay, Like I grew up around all of that.
Speaker 14: That's why I was asking, were your family farmers?
Speaker 7: They weren't farmers, but my grandparents had a whole garden and I'd go and I'd help them plant all kinds of things and it was so much fun.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, it's cool.
Speaker 7: It's very cathartic. So I understand what you're saying here. Okay, well that's all I have for you today. But I do also want to say, do you like Vince Spawn? I do you remind me very much of Vince Spawn? No kidding, and it's I think it's your persona, your humor, the way you do things.
Speaker 4: You remind me a lot of Vince Spawn.
Speaker 2: I love that guy.
Speaker 14: I'll take that as a complience.
Speaker 4: Have you ever met him?
Speaker 14: I don't think I've ever met him, but I'm not going to swear to it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't think i've ever.
Speaker 14: Met him though.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, you have anything else? No, then we're going to get.
Speaker 3: At back to you.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Blake.
Speaker 1: Don't miss the fifty eighth annual see him as live on ABC Wednesday night at eight seventh Central.
Speaker 5: Have we got Ella Langley here? And I was just looking at your instagram Jimmy Fallon someone like, how tell me about it?
Speaker 11: It was crazy? It was wild.
Speaker 10: I mean we just did a Today's show and then so flying back in two weeks time to do the Tonight Show and just walking down the hallway when it was the Carson Show and saying all of the pictures of the legendary people that have been in those green rooms and then getting on stage and rehearsing and.
Speaker 11: The roots right, here's just wild.
Speaker 5: And Jimmy fallon you know kind of you know as you see on TV. Do you meet him beforehand? Is he the same way or is he real?
Speaker 9: Calm?
Speaker 10: No, exactly how you think he is. He's so nice, he's he was so sweet. We didn't get to meet him before, but I did get to meet him afterwards, and he just came up to me and said the nicest things, and he met my whole band, which was cool, and shook all their hands, which is really nice of him. And then we started singing David allen Coe so organically.
Speaker 11: It was hilarious.
Speaker 10: I don't know where it came from, and just we both started doing it and I started singing harmony, and I just like I had a video of me like showing my parents like watch them watching it for the first time. And my dad was like, yes, something I did right, Yes.
Speaker 7: What has it been like for your parents to watch you like in this past year, things have just exponentially blown up for you.
Speaker 4: What isn't the cool moment you've gotten to share with your parents?
Speaker 10: I think they're just constantly like what, Like my dad's always like wow, you know, like he's just a good old redneck from Alabama. Like he's just like, this is actually you know what, this is actually happening now?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 5: Scat Do they have security now at their house because people drive by.
Speaker 10: No, my dad's security enough for them at their house from a small town, and.
Speaker 7: He one of the dads I would like sit there with the gun like ready to if anybody came.
Speaker 10: By the house, like a boyfriend or something anything he did want. He did show a pistol once to a boyfriend I had over the house. He just showed it to him and just said, this is my pistol, and then that was it.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 4: So he is literally the classic country day.
Speaker 10: I know he kind of lets me handle my own self.
Speaker 11: He really has.
Speaker 10: He he's a he's always pushed me to handle my own things.
Speaker 11: But when innate, he would be there.
Speaker 10: But both of them are just excited. I'm one of four, so there's four of us suing. So all of them when they come to shows. I think they're all just like I think it's weird for them that people are weirded out by meeting me, and then they're weirded out by meeting them. I think, you know, they're all still living in kind of the same hometown that I grew up in, and so when people are like nervous to talk to them, my dad's like.
Speaker 4: What where do you fall in the siblings?
Speaker 11: I'm the second oldest.
Speaker 7: Okay, did you were you like the rebel child or were you the one that took care of a lot of things?
Speaker 10: I took care of everything. Yeah, but I had some rebel in me.
Speaker 7: I think that rebeling you is coming out now with this career and you like chasing some dreams and.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I've always had rebel in me. Don't worry, No, it's always been there. Bless you know, bless That's all I can say. But yeah, that's really that's what Hungover was written about, is the rebel.
Speaker 11: I like it.
Speaker 5: What's been the hardest part about getting famous?
Speaker 10: I think people expect a certain version of you all the time. I think they emotionally expect for you to be a certain way constantly, which is like as a human being. That's kind of hard to do all the time, you know, And so I think that I really do think that it's just weird. You know. I've always wanted to do this. I've always wanted to I thought about selling out shows, and I thought about, you know, recording music, and I thought about all that, and I did think about people being there singing the words. But I guess I never thought about the fame aspect of the whole thing.
Speaker 5: And it's hard, isn't it. Like you're at the airport and you got your you know, earphones, and someone comes up and you do you not see that I have my headphones?
Speaker 11: Is I got googling me on the plane?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 10: The other day, Who's like googling me while I'm sitting there?
Speaker 11: And I was like, this is weird, this is really weird talking to you? He did.
Speaker 10: He kept asking me so many questions and I was just trying to read my book.
Speaker 4: Was he sitting next to you?
Speaker 10: Couldn't do anything about it. But that's what the good the big headphones are for. But you know, that's it's fine.
Speaker 3: Book.
Speaker 10: I'm reading this one called a Nightingale. It's it's about World War Two. It's incredible.
Speaker 4: Is it fiction or true story?
Speaker 10: True story? It's It's called the Nightingale. It's about this woman who saved a bunch of pilots and wow, she's two sisters in World War Two.
Speaker 11: It's pretty wild. They lived in France.
Speaker 4: Are you a big reader?
Speaker 7: I kind of picture you in a coffee shop reading books on your stare.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Recently I've been reading a lot more. Just when you read, you have to turn your brain off. And these days, like I'm I really try not to go on social media as much. You know, I post my little dude, I do my little posts, and we have a team that also will post things for me.
Speaker 5: But that's when you started making this. When you have a team that's posting for you, that's when.
Speaker 10: We're starting to get a little one girl, there's a lot this whole time. I hired her on the same way as I hired my band from the beginning. Her name's Kaylee Roblart. She my photographer. Every photo you've seen of me pretty much, she's she crushes. Yeah, she does a great job, and we've kind of just grown it together. So now I'm getting to the point where, like December, I am taking the apps off my phone completely and I'm just gonna read books and paint and play with my dogs.
Speaker 5: That is mental health one oh one.
Speaker 2: People don't understand.
Speaker 5: It's because like everybody gets met, like on Instagram, I don't follow anybody. I post and I get out. Everybody's like, oh, did you see this? I'm like, no, I didn't see anything, Like I don't see it. Like I just post it and boom and I'm out of there and it's feels so good and not just look at it all the time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's and there's really an endless amount of things to be looking at these days, especially when your job is a lot of on social media.
Speaker 7: So I do want to ask you because it's been gosh about a year and a half now that I've had bangs, and it is arguably one of the most controversial Thank thank you. I appreciate that you're the queen of bangs and country music. So it's one of the most controversial things I've ever done. People have the most split opinions of something I did.
Speaker 11: I love them.
Speaker 4: Do you ever get like people who are like, why do you have bangs? Why do you know?
Speaker 10: Not even I know? I think I'm actually not ever allowed in. I always have to have bangs. Now, probably it would be like, when I don't want people to recognize me, I should just walk around with my bangs, like took back.
Speaker 5: That's the thing, Morgan, That's why I was so controversial with you. It's because you were no bangs for so long, and then you came in with these bangs.
Speaker 10: I was like, whoa, this year I shot my whole album shoot oh, and then I got bangs. See, well that's because I actually well I didn't actually I purposely cut my banks. I accidentally picked them up, and the hair dresser I was like, you just gotta fully shend it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well they look amazing and I'm glad that I tried to love it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did do your glue.
Speaker 7: She has a glue hacker used eyelash glue and you keep it down and they never move.
Speaker 4: It is the coolest child. This is what girlhood is about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have no idea. I can't relate to any of that. I mean I barely do my hair now. I went in the bathroom and put some water on. Is it still up?
Speaker 4: I mean it's okay, it's kind of fair.
Speaker 5: I need some what is it called eyelash glue.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that would help you.
Speaker 5: And I just need a haircut and a shave and all that, you know what I mean. But I enjoy the homeless.
Speaker 4: Look, yeah this is true. But thank you Ellen bringing out with us for a little bit.
Speaker 1: The Cmas are Live Witness Stay November twenty at eight seventh Central on ABC.
Speaker 3: Trying to be as great as you.
Speaker 5: I mean it's really hard. I mean it's a lot of pressure to be this famously.
Speaker 4: Don't feed into this anymore.
Speaker 12: No, it seems like it'd be fun.
Speaker 4: We really needed to stop.
Speaker 5: No, it's really it's it's crazy, how like being a celebrity just makes your life so much easier.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well yeah, sure, no.
Speaker 5: You know what you cause you're kind of rising up and so you have people handling things for you now, Like, yes, that's nice, it's really nice, right.
Speaker 12: It kind of I feel like I just reverted to like a seven year old or something that I'd like, I don't even know how to do things anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: Are you having people also bathe you and stuff too?
Speaker 12: Not quite that. I think I knew how to shower by the time I was seven. I think I was showering myself by seven. Okay, so I can do that, but like beyond that, I'm kind of long.
Speaker 5: It's amazing. Don't you have someone drive you places?
Speaker 12: Sometimes? I live most of my life on the bus. Yeah, it's kind of like a few times I do get to drive. I got to like.
Speaker 5: Remember how and you have people telling you, hey, you need to be here at this time, and it's like we're gonna leave it this time. You know, you have to say your own schedule. It's amazing. It's like the older you get, the more you get taken care of. It's so cool. Yeah, it's not bad.
Speaker 4: I would like to say we are here with we never quite introduced it.
Speaker 2: I never say exactly.
Speaker 7: So just for anybody listening, this is that that.
Speaker 2: Won't mean much to most people.
Speaker 4: So it means you have over a million followers on TikTok. I'm pretty sure it means a lot to a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Appreciate y'all having me.
Speaker 4: I do want to ask you got.
Speaker 5: A million followers on tiktok' that's pretty damn good.
Speaker 4: No, I got them, you got it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you have been blowing up this last year insanely, But it didn't start there, like people are just seeing the success of that. Now give me some origin story for you. I'm sure you have some crazy things of like, nobody will ever believe this about my story?
Speaker 14: Hmm, nobody will ever believe this.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm sure you did crazy things to pursue your career and your dreams that nobody would be like you didn't do that, There's no way.
Speaker 12: I mostly I don't know. I started way early. I started playing guitar when I was five and took my first guitar lesson in the teacher asked me what I want to learn to play, and I said, Amriella by Morning And I think she kind of gasped and said, well, that's a nice idea. Maybe we'll start with Jesus Loves Me and working our way up to that. And then but I did play my first show at seven years old, and a Marilla by Morning was in the set list.
Speaker 14: That was good.
Speaker 5: Like when you say you played your first show, did you actually get paid for the show or did you just like a couple of friends?
Speaker 12: And if I if I got paid, Uh, my mom and dad skimmed that, but no, it wasn't it.
Speaker 5: It was in the public. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: We opened up for it.
Speaker 12: There was a Patsy Clin musical at the local high school auditorium and they asked us to do the little family band. My little brother and two older sisters. We we played a little bluegrass music and we went and opened up for the Patsy Clime musical.
Speaker 4: So you basically opened up for Patsy Clin so close.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a couple of degrees away.
Speaker 12: I don't know if that's crazy or not, but that's a bit of an origin story, I guess.
Speaker 4: So family band, Yeah, where are they now? You left them? You just said by They all.
Speaker 2: Grew up and got real jobs. Dude, is it.
Speaker 5: Weird to be the famous one out of your family? Because that's how like my brother and sister. My sister's a nurse and my brother works in an office somewhere, and I'm like, man, and and they're always like, oh, it's your brother. Like, isn't it weird how you become the famous one and people look at you like you're the winner of that family.
Speaker 11: I don't know if I'm the winner of that family.
Speaker 12: My all my siblings are very successful and they'll give me a job.
Speaker 5: My sister saves lives. But you know what I mean, like there's a lot of nurses that save lives. You know, there's not a lot of people that talk on the radio, and there's not a lot of people that you know.
Speaker 12: Prefer you know, you're getting out of control. Yeah there, I guess. Yeah, there's not many, not many people doing what we do. Ye, lunchbox, that's pretty cool. Huh, yeah, that's so cool.
Speaker 5: I mean, who has a million dollars on TikTok?
Speaker 3: I don't know how to be right now that lunch back over here, maybe.
Speaker 4: Go back, we're gonna we're gonna go off of this tangent.
Speaker 7: I would like to know in your life, like you've done some really cool things musically, but outside of music, what is something you want to accomplish before you die?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: Great question.
Speaker 12: I've always kind of had a desire to get my pilot's license and fly helicopter.
Speaker 5: So you want to get the license so you can, But we want to say before you die.
Speaker 12: I know, yeah, I know there's too many people that have died in helicopter. I'm setting myself up, but I will have gotten the license and I will fly for a little bit before even if that's the first and only time I will have done it.
Speaker 5: Interesting that you say get a helicopter to most people.
Speaker 14: Say whatever reason.
Speaker 12: I like, yeah, the helicopter thing.
Speaker 4: Do you like to hover? Yeah?
Speaker 12: Hover and you can kind of it's kind of like your little bumblebee or something.
Speaker 5: I don't know. It's cool.
Speaker 14: You don't have to just go one direction.
Speaker 7: Well, I think that people would be very sad if you start. Maybe maybe we wait for that goal's a little bit later.
Speaker 12: Promise I'll be safe. I won't go up when there's a storm. Just you know, I think it'd be cool.
Speaker 4: I think it would be awesome. I think that's a cool thing to try and accomplish in your life. So I'm on board. But you know, we'll be at for it.
Speaker 5: We'll take our time, we'll do it right.
Speaker 4: People will come at me for you know, So.
Speaker 5: There you go a right, we don't want that, all right, Zach top Yeah, thank you so much. And he one of Morgan's questions more than I. So you know what's led to another.
Speaker 3: We're out.
Speaker 1: Don't miss the fifty eighth Annual CMA Live on ABC Wednesday night at eight seven Central.
Speaker 4: All Right, Luke Holmes, we just had the other Luke. Now we got Luke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this good.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling good, busy recriminated for three awards? Does that feel weird or you're just like.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm yeah, no, it's I mean, it's awesome, right, you know, it's it's always hard to believe. I think you know when those things come out and yeah, just I mean, I'm lucky guy.
Speaker 7: You know you are performing Ain't No Love in Oklahoma at the awards. Did you know that at Jordan Davis's house that song is on repeat?
Speaker 4: His kids are obsessed with that.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm not surprised. I'm not surprised by that.
Speaker 4: Do your kids have anoside kids?
Speaker 16: My kids, they're they're so small that they don't. I mean, here's my child's musical obsession is Old McDonald.
Speaker 4: That's like if I.
Speaker 16: Sack, like if I sing at the house, they're like like they're just completely at all. But you pop on some like AI YouTube video of Old McDonald and it's like absolute club banger for them that they love it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what about the TV show movie that they make you watch on repeat?
Speaker 5: It's all of it.
Speaker 16: My kid's favorite is this super a kind of obscure YouTube channel called kid crew, and it's just like a mom and dad and their kid and they like fix power wheels and like build stuff, and like he is completely obsessed with with that. That's like the only thing that's like keeps his attention.
Speaker 7: What is your dad life like when there's no music involved, you're not on tour, you're just at home.
Speaker 4: What's like a normal day for you?
Speaker 16: I mean exactly, like like running a daycare?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like two and.
Speaker 16: A half year old, one and a half year old, so changing diapers, making food, going on wagon rides, changing diapers, making food, put them down for a n app waking.
Speaker 15: Them up for getting the the other guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, does it feel weird for you to like make that transition?
Speaker 9: Ever?
Speaker 16: No, I mean I think it's natural, right, Like when it's your kids, you're just I mean it's like an instinct.
Speaker 7: Thing, right, Like yeah, But then you have to go on the stage and you're like, I'm a superstar, but I'm changing.
Speaker 16: You have to go like pretend like you're cool for a couple of hours. You're like, man, I'm really cool. Then your kids come home and they're like I don't want to eat that for dinner, and like, well, you're.
Speaker 2: Eating that for dinner.
Speaker 4: Is it's so funny how they humble you? When's the last time your kids humbled you?
Speaker 16: Every day?
Speaker 4: Is there a memory that you can one right now?
Speaker 16: I don't even know if there's some somewhere they're like they're they're they're breaking something at my house right now that when I get home, I'm and I have to fix.
Speaker 11: Oh are you a good fixer?
Speaker 4: Like you can fix a lot of things. No, No, you can call to get it fixed.
Speaker 16: It depends what it is. Okay, like a car, Like I'm not popping the hood on the car.
Speaker 4: And like, okay, fair, we can't be good at everything.
Speaker 16: Look like if the gas isn't empty and it's not working, I'm in trouble.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what I mean. That's true.
Speaker 7: But you it's good because genuinely, you can't be good at everything.
Speaker 4: You have to save something for the rest of us.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The last question I have for you, what is something outside of music that you would like to do before you die?
Speaker 16: Oh? Gosh, I don't know. I mean, I love the hunt.
Speaker 3: I'd go.
Speaker 5: I'd love to go like a big like a like a big.
Speaker 16: Legit like sheep hunt in Alaska, like Montana, like back country camp, like.
Speaker 4: A big horn sheep, big.
Speaker 16: Horn and whatever tag I can get, really, to be honest, no preference.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that's a good goal. If everything shops tomorrow, he'll be in Alaska.
Speaker 16: If you're out there a bat country sheep hunt, I'm looking so thank you.
Speaker 1: Look the cmas are live Wednesday, November twenty at eight seventh Central on ABC.
Speaker 4: Are we rolling? I'm assuming we are rolling like limp Biscuit.
Speaker 7: That is Russell Dickerson Morgan. Here, we're hanging out at Cmas.
Speaker 2: Are we hanging? Are we hanging?
Speaker 4: Hanging?
Speaker 2: Hanging?
Speaker 7: We're doing something I need to know. You're you're wearing a whole bunch of chains right now and.
Speaker 2: This is a new little chain gang.
Speaker 17: Well why so, okay, I got it's it started with the Swifties, like it started with like the little Everybody started bringing little bracelets for the show, and you know that you take them and then you have like next thing, you know, you have twelve on okay, and then I'm just like, why didn't I just forget about them? So my wife was like, I'm gonna make you like some little cute ones, you know, So.
Speaker 7: Oh, she made some like black Friendship.
Speaker 2: She's very aesthetic, like she aesthetics. Gotta be right. So we got my.
Speaker 7: Two sons, okay, and wait, can you explain so Radman?
Speaker 2: Radman, that's one of your sons I've heard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: And then you got and then Remington. I call him rim Dog.
Speaker 4: My dog's name is Remy?
Speaker 2: Really you call him? I call her room dog adorable. Same page, same paycheck.
Speaker 17: And then on this side it says yours and Kaylee, so it's like the little love side.
Speaker 2: And then this one says what a life?
Speaker 7: This is from a fan and I just the fan made that one very aesthetic, I know, right, That's why I kept it.
Speaker 17: It's got the color scheme and it says, what are you do you have.
Speaker 4: Like a color aesthetic?
Speaker 11: Always?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 17: I feel like I go between like this vibe, like the Camo e vibe and also just like the most neon loud. Yeah, I'd like I oscillate. I'm I'm anywhere in between that at any given.
Speaker 7: Moment, you do have like a whole vibe and you also have this insane energy when you're on stage. Are you that like genuinely be honest and me are you that energetic all the time in your life or is that stage persona.
Speaker 17: No, I mean well, I mean there's everybody has moments to where you're like exhausted and like we have two boys, so so you know at five.
Speaker 2: In the morning, I'm not like, well it's god. I mean sometimes actually.
Speaker 7: You see you want stage could fool me because you have so much energy.
Speaker 17: Right, But I mean I do. I'm a big cold plunge guy. Like when I get out of the cold plunge at well, I don't do it at six a m. But you know in the morning, I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, you have a whole moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a Randy Savage on below moment.
Speaker 4: That's a wild kid, you know what I mean?
Speaker 17: Like we all know who everybody knows. I just the cold plunge is my drug of choice.
Speaker 4: So were you doing the cold plunch every single morning?
Speaker 2: No? Like, like this morning, I did a cold shower.
Speaker 4: Though, I need to know something and maybe you'll be the one that's honest with me.
Speaker 7: But like this colpland obviously was taking over social media and stuff, but like, how does.
Speaker 4: Something a trend happen in my country music? Like the cold plunge?
Speaker 15: All you guy?
Speaker 7: Artists started to do this really, like did somebody tell somebody you guys all got together. I don't even know how this happened.
Speaker 2: No, it's just like a it's something to be conquered. It's so hard.
Speaker 4: But do you see one of them do it? You're like, I need to.
Speaker 17: Do that or not country artists. But I see like a dude in like I don't know, Saginaw, Mishion or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's like there's snow on the ground.
Speaker 17: He like cracks through the ice on his on his cold plunge and he gets in like he's done it for like three hundred and eighty days straight, you know what I mean. And I'm like, I can do this for three minutes, bro, Like it's something to be what and like once you do it, once you get out, like I'm serious, it's like you're like, you can do That's the hardest thing you'll do all day.
Speaker 4: Does it sustain your energy over the course of the day or just in.
Speaker 2: That moment it jump starts it.
Speaker 17: You gotta obviously, you gotta, you know, you gotta eat right, you gotta, you know, carry on with that.
Speaker 2: But I'm telling you cold plunge in three four minutes. Best day of your life.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we start with the Cold Plunge.
Speaker 7: What is the rest of your day, like a normal day in Russell's life look like without the music tour and we know you do all that stuff.
Speaker 17: Yeah, uh, I mean lately I've been writing a lot of songs. So it's like I like most people in Nashville, that's like eleven am.
Speaker 2: Start time. I'm like, we're starting at nine thirty. Wake up. This is the perfect day.
Speaker 17: Cold plunge, get out, work out, do a little lifty pooh, maybe like a you know, bulletproof coffee.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've heard of that.
Speaker 17: I have, Okay, love bulletproof. I'm a very adhd so that like zones. My brain in good like a zone. Go nine thirty. Write a number one song. This is the perfect day. This is the perfect day.
Speaker 2: Come home.
Speaker 17: We have steak and mushrooms and red wine for dinner, and I'm asleep by nine thirty.
Speaker 4: That does sound like a pretty good day.
Speaker 17: Gets me fired up. That sounds like the perfect day. Write a number one song, Cold Plunge, steak and red wine.
Speaker 2: Boom out.
Speaker 7: Have you written a number one song that you feel like is a number one song recently where you're like, oh this is this is one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you feel it, it's coming.
Speaker 2: I feel it?
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, can you give me any indication of what it's about?
Speaker 2: A price?
Speaker 17: Probably a love song, Let's be real, that's what I mean. I'm I'm six years into this and that's kind of what it comes down to for use.
Speaker 4: You're right, I know, I know, you know, Oh you know, can you do something for me?
Speaker 7: You are so in love, you have a beautiful life with your wife and your kids.
Speaker 4: Can you give me some dating advice?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Yeah, oh okay, I would say, I know I'm putting on this.
Speaker 2: Are you already in a relationship.
Speaker 4: Where you and I'm not really dating?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 17: Well I don't know, like the meeting point that's up to god. But when you do, my wife always says, stay ten steps.
Speaker 4: Behind, Okay, give me.
Speaker 17: More, because if you're the one who's like, hey, what's up, Hey, if you're like all of in it, then they're like they're the one that's like backing away. But if you're ten steps behind, then they're the one chasing you. And if they're not into it, they're not going to do it. If they are into it, they will meet you those ten extra steps.
Speaker 4: I like it. Boom, that's some really good advice.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: But you totally stole that from your wife.
Speaker 17: I did so that, But that's she's the daity, She's the relationship queen.
Speaker 2: So that's shout out to Kal's there.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I love it, Russell things for hanging out. Oh one more thing before we go. Sorry, I have to ask you, what is something you hope to accomplish before you die? Not me said related? Did I ask you this? Am I having like deja v right now?
Speaker 2: A comment?
Speaker 4: I didn't ask you that yet.
Speaker 17: Right, Honestly, there's so many things going through my brain. It's all like with my kids, Like I want to have a beer with my sons when they turn twenty one, Like that is one of my That's what I'm looking forward to in nineteen years.
Speaker 4: That's a long time for a long time.
Speaker 2: Boys, pray for me.
Speaker 4: But that's why it's a bucket list time.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean, I mean that's a very silly example, but memories like that with with my kids and my wife and like I want to snowboard with them. I want I'm all that stuff.
Speaker 4: I love that that was a good one. Okay, No, I'll let you go. You can leave, all right, cool bye.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, don't miss the fifty eighth annual See him as live on ABC Wednesday night at eight seven Central.
Speaker 4: All Right, Morgan here with Priscilla Block. How are you, hey, girl, I'm good, good to see you.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: We were just hanging last week in San Antonio at kJ ninety seven star party, and you had showed up with a like totally ripped off finger, and I need I need it first, tell the people will happen, and then give me an update.
Speaker 18: With Okay, so yeah, my finger was like wrapped up with like it was actually looking way sketchier than it does right now because I finally went into the doctor.
Speaker 15: But I was using one of those mandolin things.
Speaker 18: I do not recommend them at all, and I was making zucchini lasagna and I went to slice the zucchini and sliced a good chunk of my thumb off and like not even.
Speaker 15: Like a little kind of cut, like.
Speaker 18: It was just yeah, so anyway, and you showed it. I flied the next day to San Antonio.
Speaker 7: She was the last one on our plane. It was really funny I was sitting on my seat and I.
Speaker 4: See somebody like just you could tell somebody was having like a rush.
Speaker 15: She had gone through it, and.
Speaker 4: It was Priscilla.
Speaker 7: She was like walking onto the plane, the very last one and she's like I don't want to be here, like what is happening now?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 18: Well, the thing, well, it happened late that night and I was like do I go into the er?
Speaker 15: Like do I not?
Speaker 18: And then I'm thinking about hopping on a plane and I'm like, I know my finger is about to be throbbing flying.
Speaker 15: So it was a whole thing. But you know what, I made.
Speaker 4: It to the show and you performed and you crushed it.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 18: And then I played the next night and then finally I went into the doctor and they were like it's a good thing you came in.
Speaker 4: Okay, So did you have to get stitches or anything?
Speaker 18: No, well there was nothing for them to skit stitch because I actually took like a chunk out and no where chunk was at.
Speaker 15: Home And now I hate the word chunk, but.
Speaker 18: Know what they did is they filled like the whole with a Legit was like a hole in my thumb with glue and.
Speaker 15: So as it heals.
Speaker 18: They said that the glue will just dissolve and the skin will kind of form back around it.
Speaker 15: But yeah, it was pretty.
Speaker 7: Uh, this is why you game for trying to do wifey things, I know, because you're in.
Speaker 4: Your love era.
Speaker 15: Oh my god, I was just trying to get wiped up, you know. I was like, I'm gonna make you some dinner.
Speaker 4: You know, can't be doing that anymore.
Speaker 18: No, it's Uber Eats from now it is Olive Garden takeout.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure, I love it. You You do have your first love song. I know.
Speaker 4: Crazy, it's like because.
Speaker 7: You're in this love era now or that like this was already planned and then just so happened the cards aligned.
Speaker 18: I have been with him for a little bit, probably longer than like people would realize, and you know, it's always been something that I've just really held close to me because I feel like my life is already all out there and it's just the one thing that is nobody.
Speaker 4: Else's really yeah, and.
Speaker 18: I don't know, I'm just like really happy and I'm like ready to show that off, you know what I mean. And he is like he is the kind of guy that's worth showing off and that's exactly what this song is.
Speaker 15: He's my man.
Speaker 18: It's like about the guy that you're proud to be with, and it's the guy that works hard and that supports us, and you.
Speaker 15: Know, it's just like Briscilla, you go, just keep being a rock star. You know, I'll be here waiting on I need to get home.
Speaker 4: We love a supportive man.
Speaker 7: I need to know, though, I'm assuming you've seen because you're all over TikTok, we've seen the trim where it's like, is that your man?
Speaker 4: And you're like yeah, and you're like embarrassed, Oh my god. I need to know like his quirk that you're like, that's my mate.
Speaker 15: It's like and I'm gonna stand beside him. Yeah, that's my man.
Speaker 18: Well, he hates taking the interstate, so that's I'm like, you know, if we go downtown to Nashville, he's taken one fifty five, like he's he's going around. He's dodging the interstate anytime he can, and I'm like, we don't have time to waste.
Speaker 15: So that is like the one quirk.
Speaker 18: I'm like, can we just just go on the interstate.
Speaker 15: He's like, you know, we'll just we'll ride We'll go the long way to get there. It's like if you.
Speaker 18: Get on the interstate, people are bobbing and weaving, hitting cars, there's recks everywhere.
Speaker 4: I'm like, he kind of treads it like it's Mario Kart.
Speaker 15: He's like a good old country boy that you know.
Speaker 4: We love it, we love it. He's scared of the Interstate.
Speaker 18: I guess that everything else he'll go full like head on, but not the interstate.
Speaker 4: Well, that is a quergan. That is your man.
Speaker 15: Yes, that is my man, and I'm gonna stand beside him. I want the trend. It's like, is that your man?
Speaker 4: Yep, and I'm gonna stand beside him.
Speaker 7: I want to know if, aside from music and the cool stuff you have going on, what is something you hope to accomplish before you die?
Speaker 4: Deep question?
Speaker 7: I know, gosh, and it can't relate to music, because like we already know you want to do all the things.
Speaker 18: I just hope that like I don't know if it's a specific thing, but like whenever that time comes, I just hope that I look back on my life and be like I lived the fullest, happiest, healthiest like life, Like if you can truly achieve happiness in this life, like that is what it's all about.
Speaker 4: I feel like, you know what good at doing that though, because every time.
Speaker 7: I see you you are living it up.
Speaker 4: I really do.
Speaker 18: But I think like so many people like can be like fake happy, you know what I mean, and like if you can look back and be like I lived a freaking hell of a life like that, that, yeah, I should like knock on wood or something.
Speaker 15: Like, hold on, this is getting no getting sketchy.
Speaker 4: Nope, you're just you're manifesting. Yeah.
Speaker 18: I don't know if it's like a specific thing that I like ever want to do, but I'm just like, I just want to be live, live.
Speaker 4: A happy life. I love that. That's a good one. Okay, it's getting really deep and really deep.
Speaker 18: It's getting hot and who wants to go skydiving?
Speaker 15: Like not?
Speaker 4: Also, you're not throbbing anymore. So we are winning.
Speaker 15: That is we are winning.
Speaker 4: We're winning.
Speaker 15: We are winning.
Speaker 4: Good to see you.
Speaker 1: The Cmas are live Wednesday, November twenty at eight seventh Central on ABC