Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in scrub.
Speaker 3: A dub dub in the tubatub Dub.
Speaker 2: Tanya has her Hanukkah gift on her neck. It is from Robbie Yes with her new initials, which are t r y which trying your initials is my favorite thing ever goes on brand like it was meant to be.
Speaker 3: It was so meant to be. Yeah, not to give me spoilers away, but it's gonna be very significant in my life of the next year.
Speaker 2: What try Yeah, why it.
Speaker 3: Just is is that she'll leave you with That's little Taylor Swift easter egg.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna guess that is the twenty twenty four word.
Speaker 3: You're just gonna have to wait and find out in twenty twenty four hour, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Well? You did give us some interesting stories, uh, you know, really alluding to your new year plans yesterday while you were working out, Yeah, some questionable angles you chose.
Speaker 3: I had to tell you. I posted this video of myself working out and like I'm really good at glue bridges, Like that's like my those are my claim to fame, like I can glue bridge like forty five pound weights, like I can crush them.
Speaker 2: What. So did someone tell you you were good at glue bridges? Like how do you say?
Speaker 3: Robbie's like, babe, you're good at those, and I'm like, I know, okay, So Robbie says, So I set up my video to like fill myself doing them. But I didn't realize the angle was like straight cross the vagina, and everybody DM me and was like, I cannot wait to hear becas thoughts on this angle.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes I just I'll be honest. I saw it and I just clicked through because I was like why, And then I also got messages because you were like people were messaging me about this, and so I went back and watched and it really lingers on there for a minute, like you really stayed in that position, and for yeah.
Speaker 3: I filmed the whole thing about ten minute video.
Speaker 2: So the thing is is that you you were like, oh, I didn't realize it was right up the crotch ye, but then you still post edited the little montage corect correct. So that was a choice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, many angles I got. You didn't get to the left to the right, but it really shows the elevation elevation of my glue bridge.
Speaker 2: That just means your glutes are very strong strings.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So congrats to being a glute bridge queen.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: And hopefully in the new year we get the side angle more and Robbie gets the other angle that we'll try.
Speaker 3: I'll try. I'll be mindful of it. Yeah, I'll keep it in mind.
Speaker 2: I imagine you will.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also you Okay, I feel like you've been have have things been heightened for you recently?
Speaker 3: In what way?
Speaker 2: Like stressed? Yeah? I feel it why, I don't know since it how it's just a feeling. Scorpio things tell me. I just feel the energy. And I've been like talk to you a lot, Like.
Speaker 3: I'll text you and I'm like, hello, hello, Hello, is this thing on.
Speaker 2: Name your day? That's you? That's not what That's not what tipped me off. Oh, it was more just it's just something I have in tune with.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do it with all my I can do with all my friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think this is not my word for twenty twenty four, but I really want to focus on balance in twenty twenty four because I don't have any balance right now.
Speaker 2: Balance in like work life, life, work.
Speaker 3: Life, all the things.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it. Where do you not feel balanced?
Speaker 3: I feel like, Okay, I used to work out every single day, and now I can barely get myself to work out one or two times a week.
Speaker 2: I feel like you work out every day.
Speaker 3: No, I don't work on every day work out like you're running.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's like an example.
Speaker 2: Why do you feel that is?
Speaker 3: Are you trying to like therapy me right now?
Speaker 2: No? I'm asking because I feel like how I view you is that you have unlimited energy. So I'm like interested in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I'm not working out for lack of energy. It's lack of time.
Speaker 2: Oh I see.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Something that I struggle with I know a lot of other people do too, is like if you don't have enough time to do the full workout, It's like I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 3: Right if I don't have the full hour, I'm just like whatever.
Speaker 4: And I keep trying to tell myself, like I'm wondering what you do if, like, is it better to do a little bit if you don't.
Speaker 1: Have the whole?
Speaker 3: Yeah. All these YouTube videos that are out there, there's all these apps and stuff. I'm like, you can do it at home for twenty minutes, and that's better than nothing.
Speaker 2: Let me imagine the glup bridges for twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: I know, just take a little fifty pound winter on my my grind and now we go.
Speaker 2: Up and down, up and down. Okay, see, I too don't well, I don't really think about working out general, you know, like I'm not like, oh no, I only have an hour or I don't have an hour, So like if I don't have a full moment to just go and like comba, I have to. The thing is I have to allow time to talk myself up to it, get there, talk myself through doing it, and then what happens after and then I have to be like do I showered? Do I have to shower again? And get like ready?
Speaker 3: Hair washing is a whole other situation. It is a whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So you know, if you're getting two workouts in a week, then kudos Anya.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, but when you went from seven days to two, there's obviously something off balance, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Hm, So twenty twenty four is like getting back into balance your time. Yeah, yes, but do you do your sauna every night?
Speaker 3: No? Oh, that's another hour that I don't have.
Speaker 2: Well that you could really just do, Like I know that.
Speaker 3: There's no energy yet, like sit there like a bump on a log.
Speaker 2: All right, well, here's to being balanced. I too would love to be balanced. I think my hormones are not balanced because I have been in a rage fest.
Speaker 3: But I think you're out of it now, right.
Speaker 2: I think I'm coming out of the deep luteal, so that means.
Speaker 3: Your period, So you're in your mentrel Oh yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I think the deep luteal really carried on for this.
Speaker 3: It does like the beginning of your menstrul in the end of your luteal are basically one and the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well it wasn't good. Happy.
Speaker 3: We're turning the corner.
Speaker 2: And apparently mercury is in retrograde correct till like the first or something the second or the second. And I've never been one to.
Speaker 1: Like actually double checking.
Speaker 2: No, I've never been one to blame anything on mercury being in retro but this time I needed something to blame one.
Speaker 3: Do you know who's not in retrograde?
Speaker 2: You Jeff Probs? Oh wow, wait, I was gonna bring him up and not in that way.
Speaker 3: But yeah, don't even understand, and you know what they like, don't meet your heroes because like, yikes, it was a complete opposite, Like it was like, meet your hero and he becomes Santa Claus. Like I have never experienced meeting somebody like Jeff Props in my life.
Speaker 2: Just what a review.
Speaker 1: But no, we are out of Mercury retrograde on New Year's Day at eight thirty seven.
Speaker 3: Am Our time, Jan one, twenty twenty fall.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, a couple more weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't sign any contracts. Ooh, and be extra clear with your communication because communication is gonna go down. Yeah, it's fine. And who's communicating It's the holidays.
Speaker 2: Well I'm communicating with Haley.
Speaker 3: Well yea for Hale, Prayers for Haley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. So Jeff Probs is the survivor host for those who have not been around for twenty years.
Speaker 3: Like myself, I have not been around for twenty years. I'm a news fans, yeah and he is. So I got invited to this like it was like a fan event, right, So it was like an advanced screening. You watch it the day before the show. It's like twenty four hour advance screening, and it was in this like TV screening room where they had like all these candies and popcorn and all this stuff. And nobody knew Jeff Propos was going to be there, but they told me because they asked me if I would introduce him. Wow. So we're all sitting there, we're watching the episode and like, I'm not gonna lie watching this episode with a crowd of people. It was the funniest episode I've ever seen in my life. And I don't know if it was because like we were watching with the crowd or if the people were funnier.
Speaker 1: But I think it's the influence of the crowd.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it must have been, because I'm like, Jake's never been this funny, and he was like one line or central that episode.
Speaker 1: And when the room laughs, everybody laughs. Yeah, You're like, wow, this is so funny. And then you watch it at home later like oh, this is just a regular episode of Survivor.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So when the episode wraps up, I come back out in front and I say, hey, you know, you guys feel these questions when you walked in, there's somebody special here to answer them. Please welcome Jeff Probes. So he comes out, he gives a crowd go a while wild standing ovation, Wow standing ovation, and he gives me this hug and he's like, Tanya, thank you for doing this. And I was like, he said my name, So I'm like freaking out. So I sit back in my seat and he's answering all these fan questions. Right, this man does not just collect a check and bounce. He is so involved. He cares so much about the show. His answers were like ten minutes long for everything. It wasn't just like a yeah, It was so thoughtful, so intentional. He like really cares about this show. So then he finishes up to Q and A and he walks to the backstage right, and the woman that was helping me, Emily, was like, you four come with me because it was me, Robbie and the kids. So we go back there and there's like a line full of CBS executives like waiting to talk to him. He is locked in and answering every single question that the kids ask him about, like what is it like just the silliest stuff, you know what I mean. He's answering every question. He's looking them in the eye, he's not not even looking at these executives waiting to talk to him. Yeah, he's so like lasered in taking photos looking at our fantasy draft, like picking it up, saying like, oh, you know, like blah blah blah, I can't believe you got the you know, you're doing good, Oliver, and like da da dada. So then he takes photos with all of us. This was probably fifteen twenty minutes in takes photos with all of us, and we're gonna leave, and he pulls Robbie and I to the side, away from the kids because he's a step dad and so he wanted to talk about the importance of like being a step parent and all that I know. And like I had a feeling he knew because when he came out to answer the questions, he was like so focused on the kids and was like really attentive to them during the Q and A. But the fact that he like took his own time to pull us aside to talk about being a step parent, I was like, you are the coolest guy I've ever met. Wow. I'm so blown away by him, biggest Jeff Probes fan. I can't say anything else about him. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's a great experience.
Speaker 1: I was Rock and Roll Jeopardy in nineteen ninety nine and he was the host.
Speaker 3: Was he nice then too?
Speaker 1: I mean, couldn't have been nicer? Really, Yeah, and you got that impression like yeaven just to us as the contestants, he was incredibly warm and incredibly nice. Yeah, and incredibly just casual. Yeah. I didn't spend a lot of time talking to him. I saw one of the contestants just talking, talking, talking to him after the taping was done. He's a nice.
Speaker 3: Guy, He's yeah, just a nice guy.
Speaker 1: Well, if anyone can find the video, it's out there, I challenge all of you. No one's ever been able to find it. I rock for years rock and Roll Jeopardy. I won five grand Wow, because I came in first, I had the most points. I'm sorry, I'm totally taking us off track. In those days, if you had the most points, you got five thousand dollars. The next year the points became dollars. I had fourteen thousand points in my episode.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: They still owe me nine grand if you ask me.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, they changed the rules and can't argue that they do that. I hate when the rules change made I know, just after your after your time, just like rude rude put some credit on the name.
Speaker 1: So the next time you see yeah right, yeah, yeah, well very good.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm literally like I want to be his best friend, Like can he come over for brunch on a Sunday? Can he come on the podcast say.
Speaker 2: Like what about the problem?
Speaker 1: Would?
Speaker 3: I think he would too?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean guy acted like he just didn't care about the time. Like I'm like, it's nine PM and he's talking to the kids like it's nude.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was nine and he's talking to like it's noon.
Speaker 3: But do you know what I mean, there's a difference at at nine pm, everyone's like trying to to bed noon and everyone's like we got the whole day ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well some people are night people, Tanya.
Speaker 3: He might be a night person because he was just chatting it up.
Speaker 2: Isn't that when the ceremonies happen.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's the shows. We don't finish the roast, you're The sad part is the shows are ninety minutes these this season, so it goes from eight to nine thirty, and we don't finish the episode. In the night we watched it till nine and then we finished the episode the next day.
Speaker 5: We kind of did that with Amazing Race too, where it was like like the episodes of it would like, let's hip pause and see how much longer we have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, can we make it. Haley's much more of a night person because she has to wind down. But yeah, I'll take my melly Tony and I'm like out, I'm out. Yeah, you know that'd be like that.
Speaker 3: So that was like really a highlight, Like I'm still buzzing from it.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're on a bus.
Speaker 3: I'm on a buzz. I'd like want to be his friend. I don't know if I should like reach out.
Speaker 2: On okay, you know what I think. I think you had a really good experience and just leave it at that. No, yeah, but like let things happen in like naturally naturally. Is he married?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a stepdad.
Speaker 2: Oh so oh so his wife has had children? Correct, maybe y'all could go on a double date.
Speaker 3: Happy to do that.
Speaker 2: He was like wanting to talk to you about like being a step parent. Then I feel like a double date makes total sense because y'all have a But.
Speaker 3: Like, how do I do that? Like do I DM him?
Speaker 2: Include Robbie, I mean, yeah, telling you him and all.
Speaker 3: No. I tried tagging him in all my things that I posted, just thinking that he would like respond to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's much on the social media.
Speaker 2: Maybe he has someone run who runs the social media.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 2: I think there's I feel good about.
Speaker 3: This relationship could form in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: I feel that. I do feel that. I think the.
Speaker 3: Scarbgars would like him on the pod. I got a lot of dms being like, talk about him, let's get him on the pod.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I'm down with that. Me too, down for that. Okay. So Telly I put a question box on her Instagram and we got a bunch of questions. So you did you pull some of those plus.
Speaker 3: Out popped some of them out?
Speaker 2: All right, So we're gonna answer a few of those.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Also, I don't know Bart Johnson, who is Troy Bolton's dad in High School Musical Series, not the series.
Speaker 3: The movies High School Musical, the musical the series.
Speaker 2: No No, No, No, no, the og So he So his wife is Robin Lively, who I am obsessed with. She was on the podcast Many Moons ago. I would love to have her back, but I love her. She's one of my friends. And then Bart just they know I love McDonald So every time he goes to a new country or like his traveling, he will take a video. If he sees McDonald's, he'll take a video and he'll tag me in Instagram post and it's like, just it's one of my favorite things because they come out of nowhere, Like I don't talk to him ever, and then I'll just be like Bart Johnson tagged you in a in a story and then I'll go look, and he was in Paris and he like stumbled up on the McDonalds. So I reposted and everyone's like, this is the most wholesome thing ever, Like what is this backstory? So it's really simple, that's the backstory. Just he knows I love McDonald's. They every time he travels, they he posts about it, and it's just one of my favorite things. Ever.
Speaker 3: You should do that too when you travel. I should like find the I tried to pitch like the series rob or not. That's not the right word. The like Pinnacle fast food chain that's at the place you're visiting. So my right word I'm choosing.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what. I don't really know what. I don't know what you're looking for. But I did pitch an idea where I traveled to different places in the world and tried, like, because every McDonald's in different countries and places has its own many items.
Speaker 3: Oh many items, maybe some sauces to I would imagine the sauces are different depending.
Speaker 2: On some different sauces, but also like totally different. Like and we went in Japan and they had like all these crazy desserts and sides. And I tried to pitch as like a series but didn't get picked up. So maybe maybe Bart and I can go on around the world journey and do a show together. Yes, yeah, but everyone's like, oh my gosh, you're like, like, right there, you're basically best friends with Blake Lively, And I'm like.
Speaker 3: No, adjacent, But I'm not an adjacent that's friends with her sister is pretty close to agree. I'm a degree away, yeah, one degree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, essentially I'm one degree away from besties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought, like me and Jeff Probes.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, because that's not adjacent.
Speaker 3: That's full heart to heart connection.
Speaker 2: Heart to heart. Okay, we will be right back and answer some questions, all right, we're back, wait before we get it started. So I had this moment over the last few days where Okay, I have never in my life cared about getting older, and like the age thing.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me you're gonna make me spiral.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not well.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to make you spiral. But I don't know what happened. And maybe it was my deep lutial that got me in this, but I was just like, oh, this is what happened. So I was already in this head space of just feeling like, oh, I don't I don't feel good about myself. I just feel I even just like the food thing, like I felt tired, no energy, and it's almost like your body's like, hey, you had your fun, your metabolism was off charts. Now turn to reality at the time. So I've just been feeling it. And then Ali and I went to this Mean Girl's event, which was really cute and fun, but like I was looking around and I was thinking there were people that were not born yet when the original Mean Girls came out, and that really hit me in the heart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and made you feel what old? And then.
Speaker 2: Then I was someone said something about the nineteen eighties, and I was like, oh, yeah, I was like twenty years ago. No, that was like almost forty years that was forty years ago. Yeah, and that because I was born in nineteen eighty eight, so that really hit me. So anyways, I'm just like really processing the fact that I'm getting older. And it's nothing about like, oh, what I haven't achieved or done or anything. It's more about just like like feeling old around younger people.
Speaker 3: See, you know what's funny, I like don't have.
Speaker 2: That Like you're more of like what you expected to have done, like.
Speaker 3: The yeah, my h Like I like more of like the what's it called the what's the thing called the clock? The clock that we have clock, like the biological clock. Really. But what really blows my mind is when I'm like watching these seasons of Survivor and like there's a there's a contestant that's like forty three, yeah, and that's Robbie's age. Oh, sorry, he's forty four, but whatever. They're like a round Robbie's age and this guy looks like Santa Claus, and I'm like that blows my mind, Like I'm like, this is like you're the same age as my fiance and this guy looks like Santa white Beard. Yeah, but it blows my mind. I'm like, are we old? Like so confused?
Speaker 2: That night after the mean girl thing where it really started spiraling, I was running chasing Phoebe and Haley had one of those like exercise bands, you know that you like you'd put on for your glue exercise, and they have like a sticky like, uh, you know.
Speaker 3: Their grippy on the inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like a grippy material. And it was laying in the floor and I was chasing Phoebe and my foot got caught in it. But because the material, it got like almost like kind of gripped to the floor and I tripped and I fell so hard, Like I hit the ground so hard. And I'm normal, I'm like pretty agile, so even if I tripped, I normally want to fall. I'd be able to catch myself. And Haley was like, Babe, are you okay? I've ever seen you fall before, and just like kept harping on the bag that I fell and she's never seen me fall before. And I was like, I am like, am I old? Like I couldn't catch myself anyway, you know, And I know it was just like I honestly take it an edible and like it was just like a lot of things combined. But I was like, is my body like giving out on me? I was like aching, like needed dice.
Speaker 3: So this is a dark time for Beccatilly.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping prayers up, but no worries because I ordered a humidifier and that's supposed to promote youthfulness for your skin, hair.
Speaker 3: And wanting to get a humidifier. Actually, I used to sleep with one free Robbie, and then I stopped. And I don't know why I stopped.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think it also is.
Speaker 3: Like kind of embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Oh why it's like so good for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why. I don't know. I don't know, like embarrassing or something like that. I remember why I stopped using that thing.
Speaker 2: But I was thinking, I think it gets really dry, and that's why Phoebe coughs at night. Oh, so I'm on, I think we're onto something here, wow, because Haley was like, you know, I wake up and my throat's really dry. So maybe at night that's why she's like hacking because it mostly happens at night. Yeah, so stay tuned for that anyways. Do you ever feel old?
Speaker 1: Oh geez, do you ever just feel like?
Speaker 2: I feel like a boomer? Sometimes it was like I'm a boomer and you're and you're.
Speaker 1: At the age now you're both of the age now where you're kind of experiencing that for the first time. Right when you were in your twenties or early thirties, you were a part of that young team, and now you're kind of there's a separation a little bit betrayed millennials and the Gen zs that are coming up, and you're like, oh gosh, I'm not that I'm not the young generation anymore. There's a new one now. That's happened a couple of times for me because I'm older than you guys, and the fact that I have a daughter going to college next year really makes me feel old. But I've mentioned before on the show, ear gauges make me feel old because I don't get it, you know, the big holes in the ear lower. Watching people paying money to watch other people play video games makes me feel old because they don't get it. There's a new one to add to the lift. My daughter's on Snapchat. I feel like I get most of what they're into the music, the TikTok, the TV shows, like I'll really try to stay deled in. They send all of their friends photos of their faces all day long, and I don't get it. They get in the car after school and so they've been at school all day, so they've got fifty of these to deal with, and they're inbox on Snapchat, and each one is just uh, send eh, send, pose, send hi. Send. It's not a special thing. Sometimes it's just the quarter of their face. Sometimes they're smiling, sometimes they're not.
Speaker 2: Is there anything written on them, none, just a photo.
Speaker 1: It's a photo. And they get these streaks going, you know, the streets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why they keep They have to keep.
Speaker 1: The streak right, and they do it. So it's like fifty and then and then by the time we get home, most of those people have now responded to their faces. It's like a full time job to be sending your face back and forth to these other students. I don't get. It makes me feel old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well add that to my list because I don't get that either.
Speaker 3: But like probably like that though, yeah, I probably like that, but like also I don't, no, no, I feel like I don't want to be young anymore. Like you know what I mean. When I look back at Tanya at twenty at twenty four, I'm like, she was kind of sad. She didn't know her worth, she was lonely.
Speaker 2: Oh, glad that you are happy where you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like on my.
Speaker 2: Own take me back to if I could go back to like twenty seven and meet Hayley, then I would love to go back to twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, yeah, not me. I think I started getting pretty good around that age.
Speaker 2: But in my life in general, like my life or my life phases, I'm very happy and content. It's more like my inner turmoil, right, Like.
Speaker 3: I'm like I like the things that I know. I like that I've seen Mean Girls. I wouldn't want to grow up now watching Mean Girls.
Speaker 2: No no, no, me too. I'm so honored that I was part of the original Mean Girls generation. Right. It's more of like the feeling of getting older and then like also like feeling like physically you look older. And I know it's all like vanity stuff. It's just a weird thing. If you've been through it, you know what it's like to go like, oh, I notice things like changing, you know. Yeah, it's just and maybe it was just my period was so dark this time. Yeah, I can get you all are so lucky that you.
Speaker 3: Think about it every day, I know every month.
Speaker 2: We just this isn't like lead and say your thing where I feel really dark and every.
Speaker 3: Three weeks essentially because you feel like it for like a week.
Speaker 1: And I'm in a house now with three periods every month, and so yeah, I get it, and I do feel very fortunate get it. I don't get it. You're right, I don't get it, and I feel very fortunate that I don't have to.
Speaker 2: But also being around three people, I have to deal.
Speaker 1: A different way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's prickly.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get to some questions. Thank you everyone. You want to take a break, I think so right.
Speaker 1: Love breaks.
Speaker 2: All right, now we will get to the questions. Tanya, do you want to kick it off with some of your favorites.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm gonna kick it off with a oh maybe I'll said that one for last asking driving back at something, what is your six word memoir for twenty twenty three memoir? Yeah, six word memoir.
Speaker 2: For I sprung this on me and I gave you a good thirty minutes. I know, but I was trying to do the podcast. I was doing a podcast. While interesting, just.
Speaker 3: Think about the last year and give us a phrase that like embodies that in six words.
Speaker 2: I want to feel more youthful.
Speaker 3: Wow. Okay, Wow, that's not the direction I thought.
Speaker 2: You're gonna know, because I want to feel more youthful. I want to I want to like feel good and like I want my body to feel better and healthy and young.
Speaker 3: You know what you need? You need Dakota Johnson energy. Did you see that I have that energy? She sleeps fourteen hours a day. I'm like fourteen Yeah, fourteen is like what she needs.
Speaker 6: Sleep is the most priority. And also she'll drop anything to get to bed. I'm like, no, that is me, Like, that is me. So I need to do that.
Speaker 2: I do that. So what is she doing outside of that to have energy? You know, maybe she doesn't Maybe energy.
Speaker 3: She just needs a lost sleep. Yeah, mine is gonna be. Life is a roller coaster baby. Is roller coaster one word that it's two too. Life is a roller coaster baby. Because when I think back about this time last year, like I was, it was a different time. It went down, up, down up.
Speaker 2: A lot happen in a year A lot.
Speaker 3: Can happen in a year.
Speaker 2: Do you remember I used to talk about wanting like to sleep in different beds when I was just someone. Luck can happen, Luck can change.
Speaker 3: A lot can change. Okay, this is for you Becca specifically. If Becca proposed, how would she do it?
Speaker 2: I can't share that.
Speaker 3: Does she think she or Haley will propose?
Speaker 2: Probably me? And I don't know, but I do know it needs to be very thoughtful and creative because I love like, I love doing stuff. It's like a surprise element.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one will know, not even me.
Speaker 2: No one will know what. Yeah, no one will know till it happens.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's happened already.
Speaker 2: Yeah it hasn't.
Speaker 3: But it wouldn't tell me.
Speaker 2: No one, not a single soul. I'm just kidding. I don't know. I'm not good at keeping secrets like that, so I think i'd probably have like a select. Actually i'd have a select for you because I know I would tell you. And then I'd be like, do not tell a soul? And you're like, gotcha, Robbie, don't tell anybody?
Speaker 3: Ends there like, who's he gonna tell?
Speaker 1: You? Might tell me?
Speaker 3: No, I would not, No, I would not tell anybody. I would tell Robbie, and then that's where the chain ends. He's not gonna tell anyone, might tell.
Speaker 1: Me because you need me to prepare something for it. In that day's podcast, like, oh, hey, here's the deal. So Beck is proposing, so I need you to put up these clips.
Speaker 4: Oh maybe Becatin's into kiss that morning and your friend has proposed a big secret.
Speaker 2: Who do you tell or like or like it happened? And I was like, tonya it happened, don't tell anyone. The next thing I know, it's like blasted on the morning show.
Speaker 1: Hey, in the same sex relationship, do you have to discuss those things in advance? Because what if? What if you go to propose and she's like, oh, I was going to do this whole thing planned for next Wednesday.
Speaker 2: There's this couple that's like popular on TikTok. They both went on this like sailboat and they both proposed.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah that is pretty great.
Speaker 2: But now we've talked about it, and she was she I think I just feel like it would be on me to do it first, because I'm the one who's not like, oh I I'm dreaming of a wedding, you know, I think she would be. I guess it would depend on who's more like ready to get like who's like waiting for the ring.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what I'm saying, Why is one of you waiting for the ring? Wouldn't that person who's waiting for the ring just propose?
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying, like, if we were talking about it, okay, like we're ready for the next phase of our relationship to move into that place, I feel like I would be the first one to propose. But I would also like a ring. If I'm going to propose, i'd like a ring too, right right, like you know tiptat. Yeah, let me send some designs ever to you.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you A great thing to do is just talk it into their phone. Oh yeah, engage in ring.
Speaker 1: By the way, remember when we had our dinner a couple of weeks ago and one of the topics of conversation around the table at our big podcast dinner was, uh, it was Ben and Dean and Robbie, and the topic of lott testosterone came up. Yeah. I've been getting testosterone boosting ads on my phone ever since then.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that was a hot topic that night.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying you could go into like just like if she goes to the restroom, got her phone, or just talk into it and say like oval cut.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'll like, I'll send exactly what I want because I'm not I'm like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't do that either. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, started looking at rings like a year and a half before you go from post to so you also knew what you wanted facts.
Speaker 3: God willing, When will tan you want to start having a having beautiful babies on my honeymoon or before? Wow? No, I'm just kidding. Probably want my honeymoon the minute.
Speaker 1: You'll be ready to pull the goalie as soon as.
Speaker 3: We say I do great, Wow, I'm ready now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But we also thought that you were gonna have a ring on your finger and then by the first weekend you would have every single thing playing out. So I think I don't.
Speaker 3: Know baby though, is not like I don't need There's no people pleasing in having a baby that's like my baby, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of people pleasing and having a wedding. My gosh, when it comes to your time, you're gonna have trouble with it too. No, I think you will yea, Yeah, yeah, you don't realize it. I never realized it until I was in it and I was like, damn, yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh's the answer is as soon as as soon as I say I.
Speaker 1: Do to imagine pregnant Tanya waddling into the morning show so odo.
Speaker 2: I can so picture it and also so crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's.
Speaker 2: Just like one of those things where all of a sudden, you like, don't ever expect to see someone in a certain phase of life, and then you do and you're like, oh, how did I never picture this? It's so natural?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you. I know the fact that I hold my dog like a baby. It's it's time for me.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be an emotional time. Life is a roller coaster. Baby might be be perfect description for your memoir my memoir.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's true. Okay, biggest takeaway this year personally and professionally. Hmmm. Actually, before we do that one, let's go to this one, just because it coincides with the baby. What do you both use for birth control?
Speaker 1: Wow? What an invasive question.
Speaker 2: People are really feeling comfortable these days. Well that's interesting, such a thoughtful question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: For being inclusive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: Not on birth control. We're very safe.
Speaker 1: Natural planning method.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and like I'm I've never been on birth control, like for maybe I should not let my hormones are just like going off the rails. Oh no, I'm just kidding. No, I'm very fortunate that I've never needed to be on birth control for any reason. So thank you so much for including me. And I'm not on it, so thank you.
Speaker 3: So I as well. I am not on birth control. I have not been on birth control for like a decade now. I was on it. I think I started taking it when I was nineteen, I lost my virginity, and I was on it through my like big boyfriend, like that big breakup. And after he and I broke up, I got off birth control and I never got back on it. Oh, so I've been off it for a while. A lot of people ask me that all the time, which is so weird.
Speaker 2: Because they're probably like, how are you uh not getting pregnant?
Speaker 3: Oh? So the I I guess it's natural cycles. Like I'm very in tune with my body and when I'm ovulating, and so I'm just I take extra precautions in that time. Uh, And that's that's.
Speaker 1: There's no condoms involved.
Speaker 3: Thank you for asking. Mark.
Speaker 1: Well, it seems like the question is what birth control do you use, and the answer is.
Speaker 3: Condoms, but the answer is natural cycle.
Speaker 2: Really a lot of faith, a lot of faith in.
Speaker 3: My own body, Like I feel like I'm very in tune with my cycle.
Speaker 1: Wow. Is that what they call the rhythm method?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I think it's called natural cycles.
Speaker 2: Okay, But I also think that like, you're a place too where if you were to get pregnant, that you would be like.
Speaker 3: Right, fine, let's go. Yeah right right, Yeah, there's not like a yeah you're when you're in your twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're like, I can't, I can't.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I would do?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I use the little think called the vasectomy, and I highly recommend it to everyone out there who has kids and you're done having kids, have your husband do it because it's great.
Speaker 3: Well, actually, you know it's funny. I when I got into this relationship, I was gonna get an IUD because they have like they have non hormonal iud's. I think they're copper.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: But then I really was like looking into it, and I was like, I don't want a foreign object just chilling up there like who for a while. Yeah, I mean, no offense anybody that has them. But like for me, I was just like I don't want I don't want it.
Speaker 2: So that makes sense. You're very particular about what you put into your body.
Speaker 3: So yeah, like some apparatus up there, like not for me, but each to each their own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, different things for everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, different sprokes, different strokes, yeah, different frocs. Okay. Biggest takeaway this year personally and professionally, hmm.
Speaker 2: Personally, you know. Personally, I think I've realized that as I get older, I'm seeing things like my personality. I'm noticing things that I want to be better as a partner in terms of like or just like a person, like in any relationship, whether it's with Haley or my friends, whatever it is, is like being patient and like and being able to say, like, I realize I have an issue where I feel like I need to control things and like if if someone does something that's not the way that I would do it, it like bothers me to my gosh.
Speaker 3: This is my life lesson too, But go continue.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like I go, I go, my brain goes. That's not the right way to do it because that's not how I would do it, and it causes me to get really frustrated and I feel like it it works me up, and in my mind, I'm like, why do I do that? Because I do things that they that would be a way that they want to do it, and it doesn't seem to bother them like bothers me. So I'm really wanting to work on that of like it's called I think I've talked about this before. Mel Robbins talked about it. It's on her podcast. It's called like the let them theory, and it's just like if they want to do something and maybe you're fearful that like oh they're going to get hurt or it's going to end badly, sometimes you just gotta let them and like be there for them, be a good friend, be a good partner, but also be like I don't control this situation and not basically I just want to relinquish control. I can only control myself, my actions, how I treat people, how I respond, and I don't want to do it for other people anymore because it's it's like taking up energy that I don't is not productive.
Speaker 3: It's so crazy that you say that, because that is my biggest takeaway from the year also, and it's not so much about control. It's like I've experienced I've been experiencing a lot of disrespect in certain relationships, certain areas, and I I'm a very sensitive person. I'm a cancer feelings hurt a lot, and everyone says, just let it roll off your back, like just don't care about what, and I'm like, I care. I care. I'm a person that cares and feels and is sensitive. And so what I realized is I can't just keep letting myself get hurt. So I'm creating boundaries for myself, for my mental health, and I think that's gonna be a game changer for me moving forward. Because I was like that that kid that like, you know, it's like, don't touch the stove, You're gonna burn yourself, And I kept like touching the stove, and I'm just not going to touch the stove anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's it's just like peace entering, like a peaceful state.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think what you said about like, you can't control anybody else ever, no matter what you do, you can only control how you let it affect you. Or what like, or your your closeness to the situation and sometimes just removing yourself from the situation is like brings the biggest piece, the biggest piece, the most piece piece.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the biggest piece of piece and the biggest.
Speaker 3: I'm always wanting the biggest piece of piece.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Professionally, I would say being like a little more of a go getter and not being stuck in the feeling of feeling stuck instead of because I know there's just lulls where you feel stuck in your career or something. But I feel like instead of staying in the lull and being like I just feel stuck and waiting to feel unstuck, like doing being proactive to not feel stuck anymore. Yeah, and saying yes to things that might scare me. That would be my.
Speaker 3: Professional Yeah, my professional is I feel like I was surviving a lot of twenty twenty three, meaning like just doing what I needed to do when I needed to do it, and not thriving. And I want to be thriving again.
Speaker 2: You want to be thriving.
Speaker 3: I want to be thriving, which again I think comes into balance because I'm always just like doing everything that I possibly freaking can and I think I need to start like working smarter instead of harder.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that, No, working smarter instead of harder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, but I want to be thriving like I want to I think, you know. And like we've talked about it too with the podcast, Like we hit a point where we're just like, what are we doing? Are we?
Speaker 2: Are? We?
Speaker 3: Is anybody out there? And uh, like we're just doing what we need to do to survive instead of doing what we need to do to thrive. And there's a huge difference, a huge mindset change. I want to thrive again.
Speaker 2: Say I'd love to thrive.
Speaker 3: And then here's like a little easier one who would win in Survivor among the four of you, Tanya, Becka, Robbie, and Haley. I'll thought, who's not winning is me? Take myself right out of that equation.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go ahead and eliminate Haley as I feel her food allergies would be an issue.
Speaker 3: Well she's only eating rice.
Speaker 2: No, Well she can't have rice unless they have brown rice. Oh wow, she she needs like every two hours.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so her I would probably so she'd probably out.
Speaker 2: First that, yeah, you might out you might.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, Robbie, Becca, we might be.
Speaker 2: The final two because of our stubborn both of us not letting the other one be be.
Speaker 3: I feel like your athletic abilities would keep you winning the immunity challenges more wow, but I feel like he might outwit you because he's like chess player. He could like play the game.
Speaker 2: I think I'm sma here than you're giving me credit for.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yeah, ke, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't show all my cards. Yeah, so I don't know. It would be a tight race, that sounds it would be like our ping pong matches where you never.
Speaker 3: Know you're going to come out of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, h mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: That's really why I think we do well and amazing race because I think we I do think Robby and I would like maybe have the worst reputation because we'd be so mean to each other, but there'd be no hard feelings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, truly, like you just be like we're.
Speaker 2: Getting through this to win, but like, well, we're gonna be fine after this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, last and final question, who did Becca go on a date with right before she met Haley from Gilmore Girls?
Speaker 2: My gosh, we what did it say?
Speaker 3: Who did Becca go on a date with right before she met Haley from Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 1: I didn't know Haley was on Gilmore Girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that could be worried a bit more clear.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't understand the press. What is Gilmore Girls?
Speaker 3: Who did Becca go on a date with right before she met Haley?
Speaker 2: Period?
Speaker 3: From Gilmore Girls?
Speaker 1: So the person you want to date with us from Gilmore Girls?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you want to date with Scott Patterson holst to buy them all? Then?
Speaker 3: I don't the start of the saw movies back in the day. I would have loved him gone on a date with let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So still not going to give it up? No, no, all right, shot shot Sorry sorry Brentlee Yinglee.
Speaker 1: So I've got a game for it. By the way, it's the birthday game from last week. But today is such an incredible birthday day that I feel like we have to play this game today. Oh, December eighteenth. Everybody was born.
Speaker 2: Today, every single person, every single.
Speaker 1: Person was born today. So are you ready to play the game? Like? Who? Here we go, It's the birthday game. Whoever guess the most points is our winner. We're gonna start with Tanya. Tanya today is Billie Eilish's birthday? How old is she today? Two twenty two? Becca twenty one, twenty one Easton twenty three, she is twenty two years old.
Speaker 3: She got lucky to guess first.
Speaker 1: Also birthday today? See us see you's birthday today? How old is see you today? Back to taiy forty eight forty eight. Let's go to Easton forty nine forty nine. Let's go to Tanya forty three forty three. The first guest gets it against he is forty eight. Wait to go back up? I'm sorry, there you go.
Speaker 3: This looks good for Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know what's's birthdays today? Brad Pitt's birthday is today?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Easton?
Speaker 1: How old is Brad Pitt today? Brad Pitt is a fifty two fifty two Tanya, Brad Pitt is fifty five fifty five, beca fifty seven. It's a milestone for Brad Pitt today he is sixty years old. So Becca gets the point on that one. She is the closest. Happy birthday, Brad. Do you know whose birthdays today? Christina Aguilera is having your birthday today? Tanya? How old is she?
Speaker 3: She is also in she is also forty three forty three.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Becca. He's forty one, okay, Let's go to Easton.
Speaker 4: Ex Tina is forty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now by Tanya, why do you say also forty three? No one else has been forty three in this particular list.
Speaker 3: I guess forty three for.
Speaker 1: Somebody is see I think, well, you know who is forty three Christina agus twenty three two for backy you know it's birthday to day Katie Holmes. It's Katie Holmes birthday today. Back of hold is Katie Holmes today.
Speaker 2: Katie Holmes is probably I'm gonna she's probably forty five.
Speaker 1: Forty five. Let's go to Easton, Uh forty two, forty two Tanya forty four, forty four becas forty five. These people know their birthdays. It's three for Becka, two for Tanya once again Easton. No points man. So if you get this, we'll do it. If Tiny gets that, we'll do a tiebreak.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Otherwise Becca wins. And I chose this person because of Tanya's close personal relationship to the family. Steven Spielberg's birthday is today. Tanya and her his sister hung out in the flight once and I believe I've been in touch since.
Speaker 3: Yes, Nancy Spielberg dinner Robbie and I.
Speaker 1: That is very sweet. How old is Steven? Though? Today? Easton, you have the honors this round.
Speaker 4: I'm still in it. I can still pull this together. He Steven Spielberg is seventy.
Speaker 1: One, seventy one, eighty eighty, seventy four, seventy four. Well we have a tie, oh TONI is he eighty? Spielberg is seventy seven, exactly between eighty and seventy four. So I throw this one out. No points, so we do have another one. So we'll throw that one out and do another one. Now we have to go to tomorrow. Tomorrow a guy that we know well all too well. Jake Jillenhall's birthday is tomorrow. How old is Jake Jillen holding? Tanya forty four? Forty four?
Speaker 2: Back up forty three.
Speaker 1: Forty three, Easton forty two for the win, Jake Jillen Holidays forty three years up on your winner?
Speaker 3: What does she win?
Speaker 1: Mark back A congratulations you have won the birthday birthday game. Congratulations holiday card right, nice picture of his family, And so ends today's Birthday game, and today's podcast and our podcasts for the year except for one next Monday. My popular demand, Our own, our own demand. It's the Market Easton Show. That's right. What did it was before? I believe it was the last episode of twenty twenty if you want to go back and check that out. It was very fun. People seem to enjoy it.
Speaker 2: What are y'all doing this year?
Speaker 1: Mostly talking about YouTube? Oh by the way, should we talked to you about you a lot in that last one? You guys never listened, but we talked about you both a lot.
Speaker 4: A lot of complimentary things, very nice in this year.
Speaker 1: Want to anyway, So tune in for that The Mark and Easton Show, and then Tanya and Becker are back to ring in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: That's right, jan second, Yeah, so, and on the docket words of the year visions. I want to create a guest list, and I'm talking like guests that we really want on the pod, like Alen Kashishian. Oh yeah, you know what I mean, People that I think our listeners would really like to hear from the cool, insightful stories in the industry. Maybe not in the industry. So a guest list love that, I guess that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Hey Christmas, Merry Christmas, holidays, whatever you celebrate, we love you so much and we will see you next year.
Speaker 3: See on the other side.