Speaker 1: God's time, the Stage League.
Speaker 2: Cracker Brady, Shit, we will see you Tomorrow's the Garner.
Speaker 1: Welcome to hang out.
Speaker 3: It's Chrimas. Merry Christmas, everybody. Happy Opening Day on a Just Baseball Show Again. US three would not miss this episode, Jack Peter Arham. Today is Opening Day, Thursday, March thirtieth. We got fifteen games that matter on the schedule and that feels really good.
Speaker 4: This same Yeah, it's opening Day, which should be a national holiday. We've talked about this already, but I'm gonna keep bringing it up. You should be able to stay home from school. You should be able to stay home from work and turn on the TV and watch baseball from one pm Eastern to midnight when probably showha is pitching against the A's, which the A's might win weirdly because they sometimes take games from Otani.
Speaker 3: So here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna give you pretty much like one thing to watch and pick a winner for every single game. This is a Just Baseball Show. It is presented by bet MGM officially exciting stuff and we can't wait to be bringing you all of this action as we come through the baseball season. Through one sixty two, and we crown a champion in October or early November, depending on how long our series go. So we're gonna almost go rapid fire through each game. We want to give every fan base the pub because unfortunately, a week or two into the season, some teams drift into a ob security, never to be rescued.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, Well that's why I love this part of the season. You can just like pretend that everyone's in it for a little bit, right, Yeah, yeah, I mean I'm pretending every team's in it right now. Like these these are must win ball games opening Day, It's this is must win for Oakland to keep the season alive. It's a tough one against Otani. So like that's the fun thing. Though, there there's this this budding optimism even for the teams that might be might be a little bit mediocre. But also there's just this unknown right we stand on this podcast, We talk all the time about what we think might happen, and of course things happen differently. Some things we're right about, some things we're wrong about, but that's why we play the season. But what I love so much is like this feeling of you're about to embark into It's like almost a movie's about to start, right, like you're about to embark into the unknown of like what's gonna happen this year. There's gonna be amazing things, there's gonna be disappointing things, there's gonna be everything in between, and we're about to experience it. It's just a clean slate.
Speaker 4: But sometimes we think and sometimes we know a season's over. The Yankee signed Franchie Cordero to a minor league and major league? Do we know the season's over for everybody's around?
Speaker 3: Be a great year?
Speaker 4: But we know that.
Speaker 5: That's yeah, it's a wrap. Okay, I didn't realize that. So twenty nine teams start their season tomorrow today.
Speaker 3: Correctly, before we jump into the schedule, Arm, I know that you had a ritual for opening day growing up, Peter, did you have one? Arm, explain yours first, and then if you know you have a favorite memory from an opening day, Peter, I want to hear it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I'll shout out my my, my pops on this one, because you know, I don't I don't know if I've been to an opening day honestly since since my dad passed, Like I watched him from home. It was tough because he used to he used to take me pick me up from school. It was I hated school, man, Like that's that's something I'll be very very open about, which I hated school. So opening day it was like two for one. I get to get out of this bitch early and I also get to go to a game with my dad. He'd have my Miguel CoA Brea jersey waiting for me in the back of the car. We'd go, would get there and there's something about like the intros, the player intros, even in the football stadium, a Dolphin Stadium, Land Shark, Joe, Robbie, whatever it was that year, it would just get me going. And I don't know, just the feeling of being there with my dad, like sharing that experience with him every single year, like I knew what was going to happen, I knew what to look forward to.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 5: It's pretty awesome. So now when it comes back around, I've gotten to the point where I'm really excited about it and it kind of keeps me close to him. Not to get heavy, but like a week ago was six years since I lost my dad, and it was right at the end of the WBC, which is really special because we went to that together too, So Opening Day always has a special spot in my heart. And like with being able to kind of talk about it and share it with you guys now and have a new thing to look forward to is pretty awesome and just kind of shows you like the phases and chapters of life. But it wouldn't be important to me like this if it weren't for my pops.
Speaker 3: Well, and I love that it's a happy moment for you too, you know what I mean, because it could turn sour and you could be you know, that could be a day where you get very sad. But I love that you know you are genuinely you know, joyful and remember him on every Opening Day, which.
Speaker 5: Is where you guys help with that.
Speaker 4: Thanks for the best podcast. This is a blast. I just love talking baseball with you guys, and the fact that you know this is year what technically three, but it's kind of like year two because you're zero. We were really bootstrapping. Were almost five hundred.
Speaker 3: Episodes, like juggling other jobs like this exactly.
Speaker 4: It's our third straight Opening Day and I love spending with you guys, and now we just get to talk about each individual game and one thing that Arm said his whole story is beautiful, and but the intros is something that really jumps out to me. I love just when the guys are lined up on the field, similar to the WBC, and they're just going through the names of the camera. It's a very you know, just simple thing and it may not mean much to a lot of people, but just seeing the guys lined up on opening Day, that's why I think it should be all today.
Speaker 3: Opening Day is pretty close, obviously, say to the first round of the NCAA tournament, and the first round of the NCAA Tournament is the one where you know, teachers will roll out the TV and let you watch during breaks, right, and it's kind of like a day to half ass school. Opening Day was always kind of like that too, and like I never went to the ballpark at the beginning of that, but I have very fond memories of like middle school and even high school to shout out honors Bio Miss Hennigs putting up Cubs Opening Day on the.
Speaker 5: Smart Sirs had to plug the honors honors.
Speaker 3: Yet I hated science, so baseball instead of science was fucking great.
Speaker 4: And I grew up on the West Coast, so games would start for me to round ten am instead of the one pm Eastern, So for me it would go all day and not just oh, now it's the afternoon, it's after lunch, let's watch some baseball. As soon as you wake up in the morning. It's about two hours until game time and then it lasts. What do you guys think is the best place in the country in terms of it time zone for sports?
Speaker 3: It's not close.
Speaker 4: Central has to be the best because it's not too late, it's not too early, it's right in the middle. I think if you live in the central part of America, you get the best time to watch sport.
Speaker 3: We live in Central America, the Middle East. Yeah, yeah, Central, Central's money.
Speaker 5: Last thing I'll mention too is by like the third or fourth year, I went to the same school pre K to twelve, So by the third or fourth year, the teachers started to catch on to my dad picking me up basically the same day every year, and they just give him dirty looks when he come in and just take me out. It was like for baseball really and we would just yes, it was just dip and that was that Christmas. Yes, yes, one day school.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: So here's how we're going to do it. I'm going to introduce the starting pitching matchup for each game. We're going to start with the one PM slate, then go to the four, then the seven, then the ten. I think there's only one seven o'clock game on the schedule and it is the beast of the pitching matchups on opening Day, So we're going to do that. And then Arm's gonna give us the main thing that he's watching, like the one main thing in each game. And then Peter has a really exciting partnership that Just Baseball has with ballpark Pal that he's going to dive into on a game by game basis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going to be a blast. Ballpark Pal is a model, It is a weather predictor and it can help you with your player props. Our guy Aaron He we've been working with him since the end of last season, and his model it takes into account, of course, the weather, like in some ballparks the wind might be blowing in, so maybe he'll show value on the under, maybe it's blowing out, show value on the over. You know, he takes all of his data from you know, savant, whether it be launch angle, ex velocity, it's not the typical Oh this guy's hitting three hundred right now, that means he should get a base hit today. It's all about super super advanced data. They don't even use general stats. It's it's just launch angle, exivelocity, spin rates, you know, the angle it comes out of the hand, and they simulate the game a thousand times. And it was a really successful model last year and it's only improved. So I'm excited to say, all right, this game is minus two forty five. Well, the ballpark POU model says it should be minus one sixty five, So maybe the other team has a better chance of winning than you might think. This rap round is gonna be really fun cool.
Speaker 3: I mean that sounds like the episode of Black Mirror where they you know, it's the speed dating you know what I'm talking about, online dating where they run through a thousand simulations. Did you guys watch that episode?
Speaker 5: I don't know if I saw that one. I do love Black Mirror though, Yeah, Peter, you saw it.
Speaker 4: Yeah I saw it was awesome.
Speaker 3: You yeah you screamed Black Mirror guy. I know you give yourself shit for not knowing much pop culture. But you are a black mirror person.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you mean he's intro to the last Like the other podcast was literally a Black Mayor episode.
Speaker 3: Obelisk, what is it?
Speaker 4: A big I'm a big fan of simulations.
Speaker 3: What was it? What was the term?
Speaker 4: What obelisk? Roset Ro kicks or roasts black Roco's basilisk?
Speaker 3: Okay, moving on, probably, let's start with the first pitch that we may see. We've got two one oh five first pitches. One is in DC, one is in New York. Let's start with Braves Nats. It's Max Freed, who Arm picked as his cy Young quote unquote favorite who he likes the value for against Patrick Corbin, who, of course is starting his cy Young campaign on his own. Obviously, this leans Atlanta because that lineup is so good and Washington isn't ar what you're watching in this one?
Speaker 5: How bad is Patrick Corbin?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like that's really it for me. That and on the serious side, how does Orlando RCA look at shortstop?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 5: That's the number one thing. Honestly, I went and watched the spring training stuff. Rc is moving well, you know, so the same reason why we talked about von Grissom, you know, and how Ron Washington can help him, and I think he did. He just ultimately wasn't quite ready. Maybe a veteran Orlando Arcia saw even more gains by working with Iron Washington. So I want to see how the shortstop position looks, and then I want to see what Pat Corbin looks like. It's a clean slate, buddy. I hope he performs. I like we joke about him a lot. It's tough to watch him struggle perpetually, so hopefully he comes out maybe looking a little different this year. Maybe he drops the arm angle down and messes around a little bit. But I'm interested to see how he looks.
Speaker 3: Well, what's the data looking like, Pete.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the line on BETMGM, we're looking at minus two fifty, so you'd have to lay for round number sake two hundred and fifty dollars to win one hundred dollars if you want to bet on the Braves money line. And just so everybody knows, this ballpark pole model will be available on just baseball dot com so you can follow along with us, maybe as you listen or for any other game as we continue this season. The final score prediction is four to three Atlanta over the Nationals, so there's value on the under, and they say the Nationals can keep this one close. I'm not so sure. This is a game where I wouldn't say you should bet on the under, considering we really have no idea what we're going to get from Patrick Corbyn. But at least the early model likes him slightly. But I would still take the Braves and I wouldn't touch the total to the game that you shouldn't bet, but give me the Braves to win this one. Arm what do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's pretty pretty hard to pick maat Corbin against the Braves and Max Freed, you know, but opening days always such a crapshoot. So that's why I'm excited to see how it goes.
Speaker 3: John. I guess I'm gonna go Atlanta because I think Pat Corbin sucks and I think Max Freed is really good. Also, Matt Olsen is sneaky, an eight hundred ops guy against lefties. And then you think about the other notable bats at the top of that order. Austin Riley is right handed, Ronald Acuna Junior is right handed, so I like them against a lefty other one oh five first pitch is in New York and that's Logan Webb and the Giants visiting Garrett Cole and the Yankees, two guys that I think can contend for Cy Young's in their respective leagues. I think this is going to be an awesome pitching matchup. It's probably gonna be pretty cold, right, which is advantage pitchers not a lot of runs.
Speaker 4: I assume, Yeah, what are you watching for?
Speaker 5: I think I want to see. I want to see what Garrett Cole looks like in terms of, like does he have that same fire we saw in the postseason, because we talked about the rotation situation going into the year, like, Okay, the big focus is put less pressure on Garrett Cole, like he doesn't have to be the one guy that's really carrying them when when injuries happen and all of a sudden they're injured and Garrett Cole is the one guy you're looking forward to every time around the rotation. So I want to see, like what level of intensity they get from Garrett Cole and then honestly, Michael CANFORDO. I just want to see what Michael Canflorida looks like I feel like I haven't seen him hit a baseball in five years, so I'm just interested to see how he looks. So it should be fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys are right. Model predicts a really low scoring game. To the weather, it's three and a half to two point seven, so obviously you know there's a bunch of dabs associated. It's not going to finish with two point seven runs, but I guess if you could round up to three, they're calling this a pretty close game. Big pitchers duel plenty of value on the under. They put the line at five and a half and the line is at seven on bet MGM, so that is something to watch out for. The one thing I'm really excited to see is Logan Webb in as a ground ball pitcher without the shift that the Giants use as much as any other team in Major League Baseball. Do a couple more base hits squeak By and the Yankees end up getting to win. I ultimately think that the Yankees do because I don't think the Giants are going to hit much. So I would take the Yankees, and I would take a strong look.
Speaker 3: At the under. I just need to see if Franchie Cordero gets in at bat or not. That's the latest Jeff Passing report that Franchie agreed to the Nick Anderson deal. I think it's one eighty five if he's a minor leaguer and a million buck us if he's a major leaguer. Shout out, Francie Baby, Good for Franchi, Good for Franchie. I two ten at Fenway, the Orioles and the Red Sox, Kyle Gibson, Corey Klueber fart noises for this one. I don't know if I'll watch a single pitch of this game, Arm, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: The kids would call this a mid off right battle of mid, the Battle of mid. I'm I'm looking at just like honestly, I think I am gonna put it on because I think it's gonna be a laser show, especially in Boston. I want to I want to see runs, man, I want to see runs. I want to see if Corey Klueber can break eighty six uh. And I want to see if Kyle Gibson can keep the ball in the yard against what is still a good Red Sox offense. I don't know if it's like a super square bat so I'm interested to hear what Peter says, but like nine runs, I'm kind of all over the over, assuming it's not like cold as hell there. That might be the one variable, which is why ballpark pal is very helpful.
Speaker 4: It's really helpful, and it's actually is calling for a pretty cool day. Uh. The score prediction is four point oh two to four point oh two. They have the line as an exact pickum with slight value you on the under. They have the lot the line at eight, but then again it's tied with some team's got to win, so it would be around eight or nine. It looks like a game where the Red Sox should be a slight slight favorite. It's a tough game. I would actually lean towards the Orioles. Corey Kluber has not looked very good in spring training, and I think the Orioles defense come by with their offense, is a slightly better unit than the Red Sox. Right now, I would think the Orioles end up winning this game five before.
Speaker 5: Can I make one prediction? Absolutely, this game has a catastrophic pitch clock enforcement. Absolutely, that's my just this game screaming it to me like Ken Lee Janson in the ninth game, altering game altering ball call here in a big count. That's my prediction on this game, and that's honestly one of the things I want to watch. How does ken Lee handle the timer?
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that too. I'm going to go with Felix Bautista closing out this game for save number one of one hundred and forty saves for him this year.
Speaker 4: I like that all right.
Speaker 3: Two twenty at Wrigley Corbin Burns gets the ball for Milwaukee. The Revenge Tour starts now against Marcus Stroman of Team Puerto Rico fame, and I don't know. I think it'll be interesting because we know that Stroman shows up for the big event. In terms of regular season baseball, doesn't get much bigger than Opening Day at Wrigley Field, So I think that he will kind of ball out here. But I think Corbyn Burns is going to be pitching angry this year, and that is scary to think about.
Speaker 5: I think he's gonna carve this Cub's line up. I think Eric Osmer is gonna break a bat, maybe two, But no, I would be all over the Brewers if it weren't for exactly what you said. And I am interested to see how Marcus Stroman kind of you know, rides that adrenaline that he showed he was awesome when when the three of us were watching him in that World Baseball Classic, he was walking out of the game, you know, really giving it up to the fans. It was pretty cool. And you know, I'm not a big Stroman fan and he isn't a fan of mine. Doesn't know I exist, but he blocks me, so I.
Speaker 3: Would say he knows you exist.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. I don't. I don't even think he read my name. He just saw what I said and blocks me, like no shot, he knows I exist, It's just just block, which, by the way, was because I made a joke about him tweeting his highlights after he lost, So that might be what I want to watch here. Does he tweet his highlights after they lose? But that said, I do think Stroman's gonna throw. Well, I'm interested to see what an angry Corbin Burns looks like. And I just I think that's the thing I really want to see is how good can these two guys throw. I don't know what the what the wind prediction is Peter, but like I love an under in this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definite value on the under. They have the line around six and the line is at seven and a half, so they're seeing value on the under. But they make the Cubs slight favorite, which I find very interesting. The model, I guess really likes Stroman to pitch really well. It's around three point three to three point two on the score, so it's very close. But can dering that the Cubs are about a plus one thirty underdog on bet MGM, it is showing some value there. I agree with you guys. I think Stroman is gonna shove. I think Corbyn Burns is gonna shove. I think the best bet in this game is the under. And I hopefully are we gonna see Javier Asad come out of the bullpen after Shroman similar to the BBC. I'd throw.
Speaker 5: That'd be sick.
Speaker 4: I would love to see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I honestly think that. I I don't know. I guess I lean Cubs here.
Speaker 4: I do too weird. I think the Cubs have a shot. I mean there are home ITT's Wrigglely Field like it's happened, and it's like it could be Jacob grow it could be Corbin Burns. It kind of doesn't matter. The Cubs just win that game and then they lose three straight and then they're one to three or something like that.
Speaker 3: I think if you were to power rank the quality of baseball at the end of opening Day, the Cubs are This Cubs Brewers game is going to be in the top three. Like I think the baseball is going to be great. Here love this game, So all right, three ten, The only first pitch in the three o'clock window is at the truck. It's Shane McClanahan getting the ball, hoping to regain that cy young form he had in the front half of last year against Edward ol Rodriguez, who is present unlike the second half of last year. So obviously a lot to watch here. Is e Rod gonna look sharp? Is McClanahan gonna look great? Apparently he added a pitch this offseason? What do you watch?
Speaker 5: I'm watching e Rod here? Like we love the Rays. We've talked about how we feel about them as a team, and they're they're kind of a team. He had to watch over a span of time to really appreciate. I just want to see how Erod looks because I think he's he's going to be a bounced back candidate this year. A lot of the time that he missed last year wasn't due to injury, it was due to extenuating circumstances, So I think he looks fresh. I really want to see how e Rod pitches against a sneaky, tough Rays lineup, and I think he's gonna pitch well.
Speaker 3: So that's that's my big focus real quick. I'm really going to watch how Torklsen and Green look against McClanahan, because he can make it an incredibly uncomfortable couple of played appearance for them. If they look comfortable, that immediately gives me confidence in them.
Speaker 5: Both of look good the spring. This is a good test right away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, test doesn't get harder.
Speaker 4: So bet MGM has the total at six and a half and most other books have it at seven already, and the model really likes the over at six and a half, and they also think it should be a closer game than the reflected odds around minus two to twenty. On bet mgm, they make the Rays of minus one fifty five favorite. They have the Rays winning, but in a very close game I could see the Rays getting the e rod. But at the same time, I could see the Tigers going three runs against McClanahan. Maybe he doesn't have the best day on opening Day, but they they think runs are going to be scored. They have a prediction of about eight runs in this game, making the over a decent.
Speaker 5: They don't know what he rods up to yet, they'll see.
Speaker 4: They'll see.
Speaker 3: Do you think a home run against McClanahan, I could say tour taking.
Speaker 4: Him deep, But no, I if you had, if I had a gun to my head and said, we'll you give up a home run, I would say now. But I could see Torque maybe putting one out. They brought in the fences at Camerica anyway, this is at the trap, This is at the troper.
Speaker 3: You also got to stop putting guns to your head, man. Yeah, I could see a hobby Bias hobby five hundred feet opposite field off McClanahan bucket.
Speaker 5: We'll see it's the third ring and the roof.
Speaker 3: Yes, what do you think arm Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean I actually I actually think the Tigers give them a game. I do agree with that, Like, I think they're going to hang in there. But I think the Rays where I'm down and that Tiger's bullpins a problem. So I'm gonna I'm gonna go raised by one.
Speaker 4: Well, if and Wardo can get to Alex Lang, they're fine. It's just before Alex.
Speaker 5: Lange hand it over to Alex Lane.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about will Vest for the seventh tough? All right, we're gonna go to Arlington at four oh five in a moment. But before that, new partnership with so Rare that we got to talk about. And it almost combines the collectibles market like card collecting and fantasy baseball in this addictive way, you said, but like in a healthy addictive way. Are I think it's your new favorite thing to do?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I already made my lineup. I actually really I already know I'm gonna be doing this all year. But it's free to enter. The link is in our podcast description. And what's cool about it is you get a budget of one hundred and twenty points. Obviously, the better the player is, the more points he's gonna be. So it allows you to be creative and kind of select that team, and then you enter a competition for the week. That free entry gives you those players that you pick for you know, a span of time there, and the better they do, the more like XP they accumulate, and then they hit different thresholds, so then they're able to give you more points in different competitions. So like, if you pick a player that's gonna have a really good season, like I picked Ronaldacunya, if he has a really good week, his card levels up. Now I can enter more difficult competitions and then if you really want to upgrade your team and pay for it, you can go buy cards. But the cool part is it's free to enter and you don't have to spend money, which is awesome to get started and kind of see how it goes. You can win things like merchandise, tickets to games, v IP experiences, all this cool stuff. I'm going to be entering one every single week, so feel free to like DM me and send me your lineups and tell me what you're doing and ask me any questions. But I see a lot of value in the rookies. Of course, I picked Corbyn Carrol and it's kind of based on Fantasy Score, so you know, you take that same approach, you build a good team, and I feel pretty good about my squad.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So the gist is, you know you've got that budget. It's like the table that you see on Twitter or Instagram where it's like, hey, you have fifty dollars, you know, build this, So you've got that certain budget. I saw you went with Otani and then you also complimented with like a Mike Massey. Mike Massy cheap, but you think he's gonna, you know, collect some base hits and have a decent fantasy score. So it's all about balancing it out, which is really cool. Link is in our link tree.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then one last little descriptor on it too, like based on how you do in the competition. So I answer the Prospect competition because I have all bass cards. If I do well in this competition, finish in a certain threshold, I get a rare card or like a more rare card, which if you have those, you're allowed to enter more you know, high stakes quote unquote competitions where you can win even in bigger and better prizes, so you can kind of climb your way up naturally, which is pretty cool too. Join that Prospect competition, see if you can beat me. I did get a Kunya Otani was was steep, so then I had to go more affordable with like Weznski and Corbyn, Carrol and some other guys. So it's fun. You got to get creative, and I think it's it gives you something to watch when you're not watching your favorite team.
Speaker 3: Peter, we play in this week? Or what.
Speaker 4: Am I planning? So rare, yes, Yeah, it's going to be a blast. I was sold that it's free and I can play Fantasy Baseball for free and then win prizes. Click the link in our link tree and you start going week by week, you create your team and I'm trying to win the whole thing. I'm trying to get tickets on a weekly basis, and I can by just playing Fantasy Baseball's got season tickets. Basically, it's an absolute no brainer to click the download button and play Fantasy Baseball with us for free and win prices. It's an easy sell here.
Speaker 3: Imagine getting season tickets just because you know ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah like that, tickets just being smarter than you, built a little bit different than you. It'll be fun to you to compete, right because all fell out of lineup? Arm will you will a bunch of people who listen to just Baseball Show will be talking lineups. It's gonna be a great year, can't wait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, last thing for me, Like obviously we talk about, you know, the interface and all that and how easy it is to play and the cost of that very superficial thing that I want to highlight. It looks really coold, is sick, Like the visuals are cool. So yeah, And I would.
Speaker 5: Say if you're a high roller too, like and you're like, I want to skip the process, you can buy cards and financially put your team together and then enter yourself into competitions to win. So like I'm looking at a at a rare Bryce Harper that's at an auction right now for two hundred and seventy one dollars. So like there's there's situations though where you could build a card up though, buy a player a card of a player that you think is gonna ball out, and then if he's balling out, you can sell it and actually make money off of that too. So there's a lot of cool wrinkles to it. You can do free entries, but also you can wheel and deal a little bit, So there's a lot of layers to it that will never allow you to get bored.
Speaker 3: The marketplace with the sprinkle of fantasy baseball, and maybe you think about Aaron Nola or Jacob de Gram this week four h five at Globe Life. This is a pitching matchup that the heavens sent down for us on this lovely Thursday afternoon. Nola de Gram in Arlington. The thing that I'm watching personally is what does this Phillies lineup look like? I have no idea what it's going to look like. Is Derek Hall gonna start it first on opening day? How are they gonna fill out the lineup card? How's Rob Thompson gonna manage this? That's my thing? Arm what's yours?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean that's that's a big one, right. What does Rob Thompson look like with with this lineup? And this is gonna be a challenge for him all year kind of mixing and matching, especially when Harper comes back. This is a big test for a second year manager here, a really first full year manager. My thing, though, and it's an obvious one, is what does Jacob de Gram look like?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: I mean that's that's the question, right, is he gonna and how much of a leash do they give him, not in terms of if he struggles where they leave him in. How many pitches does this guy go? If they pull him out at seventy five pitches, like, that's I don't want to say ominous, but it is kind of telling maybe of what they're expecting for him this year, or what they're expecting from him in the first half. They let him go one hundred pitches, it says, hey, we're letting this guy go when we feel good about his health. So I'm interested to one see how he looks pitching wise, and two how long they let him go.
Speaker 4: If I'm Rob Thompson, I'm putting it Mundo Sosa a third, Trey Turner short, Rice and Stadd at second, and Derek Call at first. I'm dhing Alec Bohm. I'm putting Schworeburn left, Brandon Marshans center, and Nicostianisen right, and then j t will Moo to a catcher. That's how I make the lineup. If I'm Rob Thompson, what do you guys think?
Speaker 3: I like that a lot. I like so say at third, I was thinking maybe Bom at first.
Speaker 5: I was thinking Bom at first too, depending on whether he's comfortable there I think it would be fine for him. But I like that lineup too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I appreciate like not putting a third basement at first on opening.
Speaker 5: Day, right, yeah, yeah, wanting him to do this.
Speaker 4: Like might want him to get good at third, right, So he's gonna be playing a bunch of third and if he never gets better, whatever, he's still gonna hit. Weirdly enough, the model is showing slight value on the over. They have the line at seven, the line is mostly at six and a half. It's an interesting one. I could disagree more like, I think this game is going way under I think both pitchers are going to have a great day here. Hard to think that Jacob de gram gives up really anything against this Phillies lineup, and then you have Aaron Nola going against the Rangers, both good teams on offense. That's maybe why the model likes it a little bit more towards the over. They make the Phillies and a plus one oh one underdog and they have the Rangers at minus one oh one. So the Phillies are showing value here. And I do think that the Phillies end up winning this game and beating Jacob deGrom I.
Speaker 5: Do think it's funny that de gram leaves the division and then starts the season with this new team against the Phillies. Like, just the way that worked out is kind of funny. That he has given every team in the National League East fits, but at least it's a team that filled with players that have seen him, you know, a decent amount.
Speaker 4: And you know what's interesting too, one of the most profitable pitchers in Major League Baseball with the past few seasons. I'm not sure if this is updated to this season, but I know this was something last season that Jacob de Grom is the most profitable pitcher to bet against, because normally you get like a plus two to sixty five money line, So it's not like a guy that you know you have to win at a sixty percent rate. You win forty percent of those games because remember those seasons du Grom would go eleven and ten with the Mets and yeah, exactly, like so he's been the most profitable pitcher to bet against. So if you see Jagram on the Rangers this year, don't think he's just winning every game, especially if it's a guy like Aronola with a better Phillies team.
Speaker 3: For sure, all right, five first pitches at four to ten starting Cincinnati, Mitch Keller and the Pirates visit Hunter Green opening day starter and the Cincinnati Reds. Interesting choice. I think we're all team Lodolo there. I understand the appeal of Green being the opening day starter. H this is an interesting one. I guess my eyes are on Mitch Keller, like, does he look like an opening day starter? Does he look like a starting pitcher in Major League Baseball for the Pittsburgh Pirates? And then Green? Can he keep the ball in the ballpark? Is my big question.
Speaker 4: One thing about Mitch Keller instituted as sweeper this year. He needs a strike up that could be cool for him. And he's touching one hundred and thirty miles an hour in tread videos apparently yes.
Speaker 3: Well, and he's sinker slider. He implemented a sinker back half of last year too, Yeah, which got a lot better. So if Mitch Keller is a sinker slider guy with Vilo, that could spell good things for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was joking about the h the one hundred and thirty mile out of fasketball, but I wasn't joking about the sweeper, Like, if he can have wipeout pitches like he's still got good stuff like he could he could have potentially a breakout year. Who knows, because I don't want people to think that I was just joking about a sweeper. He did. He did institute at this offseason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sweeper's play.
Speaker 5: My My thing here is is really just zooming in one hundred Green?
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: I mean he's musty TV when he's on, and he was on through six starts to wrap up the season last year. Right, it comes back from injury and pitches to a one point oh two ERA over thirty five and a thirds innings to close out the season, punched out fifty one and walk just eight. So not only can he keep the ball in the yard, but is that Hunter Green that we saw on the second half of last year? Is that the new norm? Is that what we're gonna get used to here, which we know he can be. I think that's why he got the opening day nod, was the way he finished last year. And also because it's it's a bigger name, right, I think you talk to the Cincinnati fans, the Hunter Green face is more familiar just because of what he has been since he was a prospect. And just being that kind of generational talent with the arm. But yeah, that's my number one thing I'm looking at is does he look like that guy that had a one point oh two ERA over his last six starts last year.
Speaker 4: The line is exactly what it should be. The Reds are around a minus one thirty favorite on bet MGM, and that's what the model has it as they have a pretty solid lean towards the under. They handicapped the gamer around seven and a half while the current line is eight and a half. But it is in Great American Ballpark, which they do account for. So I find it pretty interesting that they like the under here, but I do like the Reds to win. That would be my favorite bet in this hot entire game.
Speaker 3: I assume they like Mitch Keller to keep the ball on the ground often, and I think that they certainly placed some value on Hunter Green carrying a no hitter into the ninth ten aggains.
Speaker 4: They love Hunter Green. They're projecting Hunter Green as the second most strikeouts of any picture on opening day, so that could change, right Maybe the model changes the morning when they find out a new lineup. This is without projected lineup, so's it's These aren't perfect projections obviously until opening day when the lineups come out.
Speaker 5: Worth noting too. It's a fresh Hunter Green, right, you know. My concern is how does he look in July with with some of the arm issues that he's had. This fresh Hunter Green should be pretty good. But I kind of like the value of the Pirates. I think the Pirates could could surprise and and beat them here. I mean, especially having the groundball guy on your side here. If they ambush a couple of Green fastballs, that could be the difference.
Speaker 3: Yep, all right, four to ten In San Diego, one ten Pacific, Blake Snell gets the ball for the Padres against Herman Marquez and the color Ronald Rockies. The thing that I'm watching, or thing that I'm listening to, is to see if Don Orcillo has a voice by the ninth, because I think it may be bombs away and he may just be screaming in front of a sellout crowd in San Diego. Might be sellout number one of eighty one this year at Petco Park.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's probably my number one thing to watch. What does the environment look like? They were making headlines just with like their fan fests and all the different little things that they were doing in the off season. I mean, the Padres are doing it right. And I'm not saying every organization needs to vest a billion dollars into their team, but invest into their team that always helps, and we're seeing the Padres reap the rewards there with the interest. I think there's probably has not been more excitement around the Padres maybe ever than there is going into this season, which is really really fun. So I'm excited to see that. I'm musty TV is is Jerks and Profar's debut as a Rocky. I'm just really pumped to see how he looks, you know, in that jersey and a healthy Chris Bryant. But realistically it's it's again like there's a lot of polarizing pitchers. I guess in terms of their performance, Blake Snell is as much of an up and down guy as we've seen. How does Blake Snell look? That's kind of the most interesting thing to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not often that the ballpark pal model when you have a minus two hundred favorite, they actually think that's undervalued normally though towards the underdog in a game like this, but they make the line minus two twenty five when it is minus two hundred, they give the Padres a seventy percent chance to win the biggest of any game so far, and they have the Padres scoring the second most runs of any team, even though we're in Petco, which is primarily a pitchers park. News flash, they do not like Hermon Marquez. They think the total is pretty accurate, but they have the Padres really steamrolling them.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair, Yeah, that's also going to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But what I will say though, a lot of rities in that Rockies up against the lefty like Blake Snell. Maybe they get to him a little bit, but I just think the Potters bats are going to be too much for Herman Marquez.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only guy that I truly feel like an outclass Blake Snell when he's on is Chris Bryant in that lineup. So yeah, there are a lot of righties, but like Snell's a really good lefty and those bats are not really good righties.
Speaker 4: And when Colorado's away from home, the model is going to say fade them game. So horrible road team, good home team, horrific road team. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, at four to ten in the Midwest. Alec Manoa gets the ball in Saint Louis against Miles Michaelis. This is Jay's Cardinals. I like this match up a lot Wayno was obviously supposed to be the opening day starter. He had a groin strain, so he is not doing this. They have the better pitcher on the mound imo in Michaelis, so I think that this can be a pitcher's duel. We'll see what Manoa looks like. We'll see if the lowercase X comes into play for Alec Manoa.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is as good of a test as you're going to get, you know, in game one lineup that will wear you down. So this could be a really big statement game for Manoa. I'm also really just excited to see what this Blue Jays lineup looks like as a whole. It's a test for michaelas man and I'm just excited to see the defense in the outfield. I hope we get some like gappers, some diving plays and stuff like that, because I think that the Blue Jays are going to be regulars on Sports Center Top ten with that outfield. I mean, Springer is a human highlight reel. Kir Meyer is the highlight reel and then Varshow is special as well, So I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 4: This was one of my favorite bets is on the Cardinals, and I was already looking at this game because I thought to myself, how why would the Cardinals be plus one ten at home on opening Day? Considering that both are ground ball pitchers, but the Cardinals have the better defense. I think you could make the argument that the Cardinals have the better lineup and considering Manoa's potential issues, and the model agrees. They have the Cardinals as minus one forty favorites instead of a plus one oh five plus one ten underdog, and they think the total is pretty spot on. I'm more than likely going to be on the Cardinals as a dog here. It's it reminds me of the Brewers Cubs game, where you have Wrigley Opening Day in front of those fans with the perceived worst starting pitcher, so you're getting value on the team at home. I think the Cardinals are the play here. I think they beat the Blue Jays on opening Day?
Speaker 3: What do you think, arm.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's it's it's a good take there, I hear, I hear you on that. And then I have that other devil on the other shoulder that's like similar thing to Strowman. It's like Manoa's kind of like built for that, you know, like he's got so like just lazy, not good analysis of just like Manoa has the dog in him. Like I watched the video of like them letting the Blue Jays letting, you know, letting Manoa know that he's a the next starter. You can tell how bad he wanted it, like it doesn't mean everything all the time. I want it really bad too, But if I went out there, I'd give up forty bombs. So, like you know, it is gonna be interesting to see. But I think Manoa's I think manoah hears the regression talk to like, I think he hears that. He strikes me as a guy that pays attention to what people are saying. He's replied a few times to people, you know, So I think he's gonna come out there with a chip on his shoulder. But that might not matter given how good this Cardinals offense is.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: I think the Cardinals win opening Day at home. I don't think Manoa pitches badly though, I don't think it's I just think they wear him down. And I think Michaelis is a good arm like I thought he was good in the WBC, and the bullpen's fantastic rested, and they're gonna want to win that first game. So I go Cardinals. I agree with Peter.
Speaker 3: I like Jordan Walker to double in his MLB debut, and I like the Cardinals to win.
Speaker 5: And then everyone's gonna be going knots MVP. MVP's on the table here for for Jordan Walker after he starts one for three and then goes oh for his next twenty, and then it's gonna be he's a bust and he hits again. That's my prediction.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I think that we're going to be drinking the Jordan Walker kool aid by this point today or tomorrow, I guess, all right. Kansas City also a four to ten first pitch. Zach Granke gets the ball against Pablo Lopez uh in the Minnesota Twins. I guess the thing that I'm watching is how often he shakes off pitch com I don't know. He's a goofy guy, that's Zach Grankey.
Speaker 5: Yeah. How how weird is Zach grank going to be? How slow is he going to throw. And then honestly, I'm really interested to see how this Twins lineup looks because I still don't know what they're gonna like, how exactly they're going to deploy it. Like, there's a lot of different ways that they can mix and match here, especially with the outfield, even even in the infield at first base. Uh, there's a bunch of different things that they can do. So I'm interested to see how how the lineup looks opening day, you know, even substitutions, how they handle that, and then how what weird shit Granky is going to do?
Speaker 3: So what's my gripe with the Twins? They might strike out all the time this year, they're facing a guy that might k five guys per nine, So we'll see them put the ball in play, which will be really interesting. And that's probably why, without thinking and without looking at any other analytics, I just go Minnesota to win this.
Speaker 4: I was looking at the Royals ultimately to win this game at the beginning because I saw a very sketchy line. I thought, well, the Royals are plus one ten at home with Zach Grinky against Pablo Lopez. And then I thought to myself, Zach Grinky is a home type pitcher, loves pitching at home. Now he's back in Kansas City, I would actually I think I might end up betting on the Royals, considering the model makes them a minus one twenty favorite instead of plus one twenty five, which you might find on BETMGM. I think the Twins they might miss Luisa Rise for a little bit. You know, he was a huge table setter for them, and I think it's going to be interesting to see who plugs that hole. I do love Jose Miranda. I drafted him in Fantasy Baseball. I'm probably gonna draft him so rare because I think he has a good week. But I think it's very similar to the Cardinals game or the Cubs game, where the underdog at home with the veteran pitcher end up winning out. Will Zach Crinky have a good start next game? Probably not, because he'll probably be on the road and he'll probably be tired. But in this game, opening day, returning home to Kansas City, I like that narrative. I assume a lot of people are gonna pile on the Twins because I think it's just the better team and they are the better team. But I think on Opening Day. Gave me the Royals.
Speaker 3: That's what I did.
Speaker 5: The Royals. Man, I have no idea what to expect from Grankay in this game. He just backs his way into six innings two runs though, So I'm looking forward to seeing that.
Speaker 3: All Right, you're gonna be at this one. Max Schuers are in Sandy, ALCNTRA. That is Mets Marlins. Holy shit, the testosterone that's.
Speaker 4: Going to be Att likes the model, likes arms Marlins.
Speaker 5: I don't, I know. I know Sandy's been fantastic at home, but the Mets were one of the teams kind of warre him down last year.
Speaker 4: So he made against the Mets, so he you know, he threw twenty seven innings and he but I agree with you he had some rough starts, but I think most of those are at City.
Speaker 5: That's fair. So I'm really interested to see how Sandy looks. My number one thing I'm watching is what the fuck does this Marlins defense look like? Ye? Like, how bad is it going to be?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 5: I want to just see Jazz Chisholm in center. I want to see Arias at second though he's been fine, but I just I just want to see, like I want to see a Joey Wendel to Aria's double play. What the hell does that look like? So, like, that's what I'm looking at, is this Marlin's defense. Fortunately, Sandy's a ground ball pitcher, but someone's going to hit a fly ball probably at some point, and I want to see how jazz Chislm looks out there. So the defense should be an adventure and I'm looking forward to that. But then also, you're seeing a Hall of Famer against the reigning sign young winner, and like, what what else could you ask for from an opening day matchup?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't wait for the dance dance revolution the jazz Chishm's going to do on just a flyball.
Speaker 5: Right to him, it's it's it's gonna be He's gonna need a map.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the model model likes the Marlins, and they do pull data from spring training, but I don't think they've properly accounted for what the defense is going to look like opening day with a guy like Sandy whose job is not to strike out everybody under the sun, but it's to allow soft contact, put the ball in play, lower the pitch count. So it does have the Marlins as a slight favorite at minus one oh five compared to plus one ten on bet MGM, and they think the total is pretty spot on. So in my opinion, this is an absolute no bet for me. But Arm's gonna be there. It's Opening Day. Give me the Marlins to win the game. Well, I bet on it, no Am by rooting for Arms Marlins. Absolutely, I'll take it.
Speaker 3: I told you there's something in the water in South Florida. Right now, You've got what Thursday, Opening Day, and then you've got Saturday Final four with Fau and Miami.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited. I'm so excited for Miami.
Speaker 4: I am slightly afraid though, for that bad man in New York. Max sures there could just end up that's great dominating you can, definitely, but.
Speaker 3: Then you hand it over to to who Attavino, David.
Speaker 4: Robertson, Drew Smith. You guys see what happened to Montes de Oca.
Speaker 3: Now elbow strange. I think surgery, yeah, I think so. Yeah. I just don't think the human body is built to throw one oh two with that kind of run, like we see Jordan hook Hicks on the I L all the time. Obviously de Gram's on the IL all the time. All right, one seven to eight, first pitch and this is crazy. Dylan Cees coming off of a Cy Young runner up finish in Houston against from ber Valdez and the Astros. I want to watch every pitch of this game. And I mean I I guess like if I were a betting man, it would be it would be the under through the first five, right, Like I think we're going into the seventh inning scoreless, Like these two are going to dude off each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm with you. This is this is appointment television. I picked Cease to win the al Cy Young and honestly, one of the other names I was looking at value as was Franmbur Valdez. So these are two of probably my five favorite picks for Cy Young in the American League. And I think that that Valdez is going to be a big test for some of these guys. My number one thing I want to watch though, is how does Oscar coloss look. He's a guy that really earned the job from what he did at the end of last year and what he did in spring training, but how does he look for this lineup? And also just seeing a healthy White Sox team like we rarely get to see this whole lineup together. I'm excited to see what that looks like and how long it lasts. And over the last.
Speaker 3: Couple of years, this White Sox lineup has fared well against left handed pitching. Tim Anderson mashed his lefties. Luis Robert can mash lefties when he's healthy. Obviously you're missing jose Bray you, now, I guess that's the thing I'm watching. Jose A Bray you in a different uniform is going to be really weird. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you got Eloy, and you got Andrew Vah. You got a couple of ariety mashers in that White Sox lineup. I love games like this, appointment television games where the books got it completely right according to the model. At least they make the ashos of minus one forty five favorite they are currently minus one fifty on vet MGM, and they make the total seven point two and the over under is seven. So they got it. You know, the books got it. And this is just going to be a game that you probably shouldn't bet at all because at least the models showing no value. I agree with Jack's point, though, if you're gonna take a play, maybe look at the under with these great pitchers. But overall, this is just calling for a great game that's handicapped correctly. It's going to be a blast. Also, you got entirely rested bullpens, and we know that these two bullpens are some of the best in baseball. The White Socks are still a really good bullpen even without Liam Hendrix. And you know, I can just imagine Fromber for six, Montero for the seventh, Brian Abray you for the eighth, pressing for the ninth. I was about to say that if the White Sox get if the White Sox allow Framer to go six, maybe one or two earn and then they go Montero, Brave Presley, the game's over.
Speaker 3: Games over.
Speaker 5: When do you score?
Speaker 4: I don't know. You gotta figure it out against Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like three days later, Like I guess, I don't even know if they're gonna see her Katie, so I guess you won't. Yeah, really weird? All right, three more to go. These are all ten o'clock ish first pitches. Ten oh seven. The ball will leave Kyle Muller's left fingertips against the La Angels. Shoho Tani gets the ball for the Angels. One of these pitchers is a lot better than the other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I hope Otani can rise to the occasion and match Kyle Moller, But no, I really do feel like this is a big test for Moler, obviously given how bad he was this spring. I like Kyle Muller the pitcher like in the prospect, but like man, he looked rough this spring training. Now you get thrown into a situation where you gotta face shoe heo Tani like trouting in a more fortified lineup around them. I am very intrigued to see how Kyle Mower fares in this in this matchup here real quick.
Speaker 3: Peter's been smirking the whole time, so I think he's going to tell us that there might be some sort of value on the Oakland Athletics.
Speaker 4: Not only is their value on the athletics, the model makes them a favorite. What minus one oh nine?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, Yeah, So if the Angels win tomorrow eight to two, maybe you got to look at the model and say, well, it can't be the end all be all, But if the A's win, you should definitely keep looking at this model. They love the under like love the under. They make the total five and a half when it's at seven. They think Mueller's going to pitch really well against the Angels. I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but considering the A's are plus two hundred on the money line, they're giving them a fifty two percent chance to win. The implied probability of an of A plus two hundred is around, you know, forty ish percent. So they see in this game the most value in any game on the A's money line, and Otani has had a history of going into Oakland and not performing like you might think. I'm not saying bet on the A's, but what I am saying is I wouldn't bet on the Angels.
Speaker 5: I think we need to put Ballpark Palin Rice's.
Speaker 4: Hey, don't knock it until the game happens and it's Otani gets the A's, everyone should make money and it's going to be amazing. But we know that's not how betting works. But again, Angels could just crush them, and the model could be really liking Kyle Muller. They really like the under so well, it's wild.
Speaker 3: I really like Kyle Muller, but I think the Angels are going to win this game, and that's my only analysis.
Speaker 4: That's fair, that's fair. You're taking the better team.
Speaker 3: Good for you, all right, how about Arizona and the Dodgers. Julio Rias gets the ball for La Zach Gallan gets the ball for Arizona. I mean, I would say that this is the late game to watch, although I'm saving the best for last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just I'm just excited to watch the youngsters in this game. Right, you got you got Miguel Vargas with the Dodgers, hopefully James Outman with the Dodgers, and then you know on the on the d back side, it's it's Corp and Carroll, who I love to watch any chance I get. I was hoping Moreno would be healthy, but I don't think he'll be good to go, which is unfortunate. But there's plenty of other youngsters, so I think it'll be fun to watch, how Thomas. So I'm just excited to watch the young players in this matchup. And then this pitching matchup is is one of the better that you're gonna see too, between Gallan and Arrias, so good balance of young talent. But I also want to see what this Dodgers lineup looks like, because I don't think we totally know how they're going to put it all together. Whether Outman's gonna get the start, I think he's earned it, but you know, there's gonna be a little bit more information on the Dodgers. And I'm also just I always love seeing prospects anytime I can at the big league level.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the bet MGM makes the Dodgers of minus one seventy five favorite, but the model is making the Dodgers of minus one thirty three favorites, So there's technically some value there on the Dumbacks, but the model still likes the Dodgers to win. I'm just really excited to see Zach Gallan. I think he could turn in a Cy Young type season, and maybe it starts here against the Dodgers. But the total is at seven and a half on bet MGM, and that's what they make the total, So not a ton of value on this game. Give me the Dodgers to ultimately win out in a lot of games like this when they got that bad man Julio rees on the mound.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm curious to know what the Dodgers opening day lineup looks like, you know what outfielders are going to start? You know what I mean, I'm just curious.
Speaker 5: That's my big thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Hayward goes three for three, three bombs, the season is so hot the fuck up, that'll be the best thing ever.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, are we like a Jason Hayward Truther pod now?
Speaker 4: Like I want that to be our guy. I would love nothing more than for him to have a great season. It's him and Christian Yelich, like two guys I am praying have a great season.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm with you on Yelich. I mean, that's that's a guy I love to watch play. I got one more for you, though, somebody that that I think we need. I'm a truther now and I think I think we need to start to get this out there. Forrest Whitley might be back.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, okay, yeah tell me why.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I also like watched each of the different pitches, saw the data on it. The change up is has always been the elite. The fastball is jumping, he is a cutter at ninety to ninety two, and then this disgusting sweeping curve he struck out Jordan Bregman, and I believe he struck out somebody else, like one of the other man guys like that he carved through the interest squad. I think he's back. It's about health. I don't know if he stays healthy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gives them some good innings. This here at the Bigigel Love. I can't believe I'm saying it, like I'm floored. I was sitting in my bed watching the video looking at it, like what the fuck is happening? But I think it's happening.
Speaker 4: Good for him, man, that's awesome, all right.
Speaker 3: It tells you exactly who arm is because I was gonna throw at Chris Sale is another guy that I'm all the way in on bouncing back, but then he gave me Forrest Whitley, Like, so our list is Our list is Christian Yelich, Chris Sale, Jason Hayward, and Forrest Whitley.
Speaker 4: Just a bunch of guys.
Speaker 3: We hope we're hold fine. Twenty one was pretty Carlton. We kind of nailed that one, nailed.
Speaker 5: I'm buying Whitley stock right now.
Speaker 4: You know who else is on that Twenty twenty one list was Breddy, Jonathan India.
Speaker 3: Walin who was all right best for last, Cleveland and Seattle, Shane Bieber and Luis Castillo at ten ten Eastern. I'm not going to miss a pitch of this one, Like I don't think that late inning drama from White Sox Astros would keep me from missing the first pitch from He's Casteele against this Guardian's lineup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the new nine figure man and it's nine figures, right, I always I always question that when I say it, And yeah, the new nine figure Man and Andre Simonez this Guardian's lineup. I'm just excited to see, you know, how much better it can be with Josh belling there and and you know see if Will Brennan's getting consistent abs and everything like that. The Tristan McKenzie blow really stinks. But then then we got a new face, you know, with the Mariners in taoscar and I'm excited to see how he looks over there with them too. So two lineups with some some underrated editions and I'm excited to see. And then you got two of the best duking it out. Like that's what's opening, that's what's all about. Here with Opening Day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is besides White Sox versus Astros. I think this is my favorite game on the board. The model is showing that the Mariner should be minus one thirty five instead of minus one fifteen, which they are on at MGM, So they're giving them Mariners a better shot to win this one, and they think the total is pretty spot on. They have it at six and a half and they posted totals six and a half. I lean towards the under. I think these two guys are going to shove, especially at Team Mobile, which is a big pitcher's park, and the weather is supposed to be pretty cold down there in Seattle. I think both these guys are going to turn in excellent outings. Then both excellent bullpens are going to come in. After the model has the Mariners winning three point six three point one seven, I think the Mariners end up winning three to two in a really good game.
Speaker 3: Cool. Yeah, I think this environment is going to be crazy, and I think the Mariners fans are finally ready to have a team that looks like they are, you know, a postseason likelihood instead of a postseason hopeful like they were last year. And it was a surprise in twenty one. So I think that this is the first time in a long time that Mariners fans can actually look at this team and say, we can be really, really good yea, And I think that means sellout and loud tenth Man.
Speaker 5: Forget the twelfth Man, you get the tenth Man. I actually do think it's gonna be some of the better environments we've seen in Seattle, and I like Seattle to win this one too.
Speaker 3: Happy opening Day people.
Speaker 4: The last thing I think we should do because we didn't do it on our division previews, and we didn't do it on over unders. We haven't picked a World Series champion, which I think is a fun thing to do at the beginning of the season.
Speaker 3: I'll start.
Speaker 4: I like the Mariners taking on the Braves. I think this is the Mariners year. I think they have no real fundamental weaknesses. You could say Jared Kellnick, but he's had a great spring training, and then of course if he falters, then you have aj Pollock to sub in for him. I love the pitching staff, I love the bullpen, and I think the Mariners were really close last year against the Ashos, and I think they get over the hill this year and end up making the World Series and facing off against the Braves, who I think has the most complete team in all of Major League Baseball. They're always in it, and I think they're going to win the division, and I have the Mariners ultimately beating the Atlanta Braves the underdog story. Give me the Mariners to win the World Series.
Speaker 3: Ever, that would be sick.
Speaker 5: I'd be so in on that prediction on them. I wasn't prepared for that. Uh, I'm gonna I think, honestly, I think the Astros repeat for it would be the first time anybody repeats since the Yankees in two thousand, right would that be what it was nine and two thousand. I think we're gonna get to me. There's just very clear cut. I think the Astros are are going to find a way to be the best team, especially when now two big It comes back and probably make a move or two and then I find it really tough to find a team in the National League that is better than the Atlanta Braves. So it might be like a kind of a square pick, but I think it's Braves Astros. I just think they're far and away better than a lot of these other teams and have a lot more going for them depth wise. And again, if the Braves are are struggling at shortstop, they'll they'll trade for a guy. They've got so much pitching depth they can go move Grisome in a package to get a more stat shortstops. So I think Braves, astros, these front offices are fantastic and the teams are great.
Speaker 4: Who knows, maybe if the Brewers struggle initially, that Willie Damas could be a.
Speaker 5: Oh then it's Gg's it's over, It's over, It's.
Speaker 3: It might not happen, but just an idea other one or I guess mine. I guess I'm going kind of off the you know, set path in the National League because you guys both just went Atlanta San Diego coming out of the National League. I think that there might be a direct correlation between spending a lot of money on stars and winning this year.
Speaker 5: I think there tends to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I think that that rotation, especially in the postseason, might show up like a Musgrove Darvish Snell front three is going to be really hard to beat. I think they have back end bullpen talent and obviously star power drives a narrative in the postseason. So I will go San Diego in Houston, matching up of the World Series, and I just think Houston's the best team in baseball, So I go.
Speaker 5: And Prowler has a new trade chip. Ethan Sallas sixteen has been turning it up on the backfield. A lot of teams will be aligning number his services between him, Jackson, Merrill, Samuel Zavalla. All of a sudden, they've got two top one hundred guys. Another guy knocking on the door like they've got enough to make a move, and Probaber will probably do it.
Speaker 4: And arm are you taking the Ashros over the Braves or Braves over Ashros?
Speaker 5: I'm taking Astros over the Braves. I think they repeat for the first time since the Yankees in two thousand.
Speaker 4: Let's go. It's gonna be a fun season, guys, can't wait.
Speaker 3: I'm happy Opening Day.
Speaker 4: Happy Opening Day everybody, and make sure to get your Just Baseball March in time for Opening Day. That link is in our episode description. Definitely make sure to use bet MGM for all of your bets for the twenty twenty three MLB season. And something really exciting that we are launching is the Not Gambling Advice betting stream, which will be on opening day from one to three pm Eastern. So maybe while you're listening to this, uh, the link on Twitch is at Just Baseball Fans. That's gonna be a blast. Welcome on Arum. Colby Thomas Romo, our new Ashos writer, is going to be a contributor on that as well, and a slew of other contributors on Twitter Action Network book It with Sports, tons of other gambling companies. We're going to be competing. The winner gets World Series tickets, so make sure to tune in to that betting stream as well as all the other podcasts on the Just Baseball Network.
Speaker 5: Arm you got something, Yeah, these betting guys are going to be in shambles when when my square, my square betting ass beats them. Also, if I win, the World Series, tickets will just go to Just Baseball Show listener or something, so so root for me please. I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to units, but I'm going to cook these fools.
Speaker 4: So if ARM wins, He's given away his World Series tickets to one of the listeners of the Just Baseball Show. If I win, I'm giving it away to one of the subscribers to the Just or Not gambling advice betting stream on Twitch. Check out all the other podcasts here on the Just Baseball network through the link tree, and definitely make sure to download the free app so Rare play Fantasy Baseball with us all year long. I think it's almost better than making an enormous lead with too many people. How but we just all download an app and compete week by week. Sounds like a blast. That's in the episode description. Happy opening day, everybody with that.
Speaker 1: Thank nobody