Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of zight Rizzy m applied directly on the flour. That's not right, No, zight Frizzy for moderate to severe blax oriasis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, dad. Why do so many people like ZiT Rizzi?
Speaker 1: Why is zeit rizzy so popular? So many people? Yes, my son asked me.
Speaker 2: Is zight Rizzy right for me?
Speaker 1: What the fuck are you talking about? Advertising? Man? He loves average, he loves to watch the ads in between.
Speaker 3: I mean he's smart, he's learning that what the messages are. Yeah, he's reading the messages of his.
Speaker 2: Duel on television.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was crazy. You current do that on television. And sky Rizzy once again, great rapper named somebody was wasted on a medication from water to severe plaxe. All right, I'm Jack. That's Miles. It is Wednesday, May ninth, the afternoon and uh, North Korea. It just taught me something, just taught me a little something. What Uh poop balloons, Miles, poop balloons?
Speaker 3: Wait, what do you mean they they taught you that it's a thing you're saying you have ideas?
Speaker 1: Now it opened my mind. This is this just feels like a thing that I should have thought of when I was in middle school, you know, I get that. Yeah, like it doesn't it's not a pretty It's maybe the least precision weapon that I can imagine.
Speaker 2: It's probably the most imprecise weapon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, Like it's just anywhere. But here is essentially what you're doing. That'd be wild if you set up the poop balloon and it just came right back down on you on your head.
Speaker 2: Oh poetic.
Speaker 1: So basically, South Korea is accusing North Korea of sending balloons across the border which happened to be carrying bags full of garbage and quote he sees the sees the ninety nine feces, yes, oh, ninety nine pieces balloon or Martin Luther reference goes either way. Yea. But yeah, so they the balloons specifically have bags attached to them that contain plastic bottles, batteries, shoe parts, shoe just parts maybe like.
Speaker 2: Blown off soul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what is believed to be manure. So this is an exchanse. So South Korea has been known to use balloons to send K pop and you know, pro South Korea propaganda across the border to the North Korean people and North Korea is like, here's what we think of your books at those.
Speaker 3: It's not the government doing that though, that's activists.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think I have a government ship balloon program, but it sounds like North Korea has a government ship balloon pro.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like when when I was in middle school, when I was at that age, you know, some men just want to see the world burn. Yeah yeah, yeah, I feel like this would have been right up my alley.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean I was just shooting BB guns at people, you know what I mean, and throwing stink bombs and smoke grenades, these little smoke bombs and shit. So yeah, I probably could have this would have been a little more high minded.
Speaker 1: The BB guns you send it up it gets over like the part the place that you want a bomb with poop. You want to like, you want the ability. I mean, since time in memorial, men have dreamed of both flying like birds and shitting on people from.
Speaker 2: About from above, like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Now's your chance, because you could it floats over neighbors house that you don't like, and then you shoot the balloon with the BB guns.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, see that that was too multi modal for me, and that's all I was getting into. I'm like, dude, I don't know, or I could just throw this shit at this person riding by a.
Speaker 1: Bike like a fucking ape.
Speaker 3: And I was a shitty, fucking kid, man had I had? I learned the hard way a lot of times. So anyway, yeah, I was a terrible kid. I was a terrible kid.
Speaker 1: So this is a story that I was talking about yesterday or this morning. I forget about CNN just being wall to wall coverage of the Trump deliberation. I don't want the fact that they're covering it like it's the Bronco Chase to distract from the fact that you know, it is actually happening, and they the jury just went to deliberation to see if the former president, who is currently basically probably the favorite to be president again in November, will be convicted of a felony. Supposedly, his secret service is already like checked with some jails and prisons to like see what they would do if he gets put in jail, but it's looking unlikely, so that that's basically yeah, I just wanted to like check in with this story, be like, okay, so if he gets convicted, what are the possibilities. So if everybody on the jury agrees that a crime has taken place, and there are many counts against him, they don't have to all agree on each of the counts. But there're thirty four felony falsification of business records charges, each one carrying a sentence of up to four years in prison and a five thousand dollars fine. He is an incredibly rich and powerful white man, so probably not going to face the four years in prison, but that is theoretically a possibility. But like this judge, who I feel like a lot of people are like, he's not taken any of Trump's shit, like, has all these quotes where he's like, the last thing I want to do is put you in jail, sir. You're the former president of the United States and possibly not getting president as well. And yeah, so I don't know. So in New York State, the judge has quote broad authority to determine when sentences are handed down after conviction and what exactly they will be. So worst case scenario for Trump, he gets convicted on all this shit. It then goes to this judge who is on the record saying the last thing I want to do is to put you in jail. It probably means he's not going to jail, unless he was saying, last thing I want to do is put you in jail, the way somebody like holding a knife is like, last thing I want to do is have to cut you, you know, right, right, right right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, because I mean that was the thing with all this the gag orders and stuff. He's like, you know, he's like, I can find you in contempt, and he never did. So it felt just like a lot of pump faking with the toughness. But I get that it's incredibly I mean, it's it is complex to have someone with Secret Service detailed go to jail.
Speaker 1: And that's like the thing. The other thing that he's mentioned that was like definitely not a threat is that this would be first of all, he's a candidate for president of the United States, so their First Amendment rights at stake, and he said, quote, I also worry about the people who would have to execute that sanction, the court officers, the correction officers, the Secret Service detail, among others.
Speaker 3: That's wild though, that you could skirt jail because the judges, like this is gonna be such a fucking bummer for everybody. So so you know what, I'm gonna let you have this, but.
Speaker 1: You are so annoying.
Speaker 2: Can you vote?
Speaker 1: That's a great question. Could he vote for himself as a fill?
Speaker 3: Wow? Too, It's like he ends up like yo, he's running for elections, Like obviously I can't vote, so I.
Speaker 1: Need you really to do me a big really helped me out.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is the thing, like a lot of people are waiting to see what happens with this because if he gets acquitted, Yeah, that is going to put that campaign on turbo juice. The way they're going to be like that you couldn't be guilty, y'all. Not yeah, exactly Trump Kelly not guilty.
Speaker 2: You're like, whoa, whoa, whoa what are you? Are you playing that song for real right now at your rallies?
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's and then like obviously the Democrats they're gonna be like, this guy's a convicted felon.
Speaker 2: So either side stands to potentially gain or not.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, like this is just the thing with this, Like again, this whole trial has been going on, there's been this whole circus coverage. But after being burned so many times from following Trump trials to be a thing of like, dude, wake me up when there's a verdict and what the punishment is. I don't care about the antics and all the delaying tactics and the depravity of his lawyers.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, that's to be expected.
Speaker 3: The thing that I the thing that's a variable here is what is the outcome going to be? That's right, And yeah, we will see. Because a few men, there was like a poll that came out. They were pulling what was it, like likely Trump supporters, and like sixty percent like I don't give a fuck what happens, and then like thirty percent like, dude, I'll vote harder if.
Speaker 2: He gets convicted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sixty percent said I don't give a fuck, and the other forty said vote harder.
Speaker 2: I'm I'll get hornier for him if he's convicted.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, boots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, take your sweet ast time November.
Speaker 1: Take time a fucking We'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: And Biden's Gaza Peer, which was one of his ideas for how to address the crisis in Gaza, was built a peer where foreign aid could be let in because like he can't reason with Israel to let them let foreign aid in. So fine, if you won't let it in, can.
Speaker 3: I build a pier like on the other side to let it r ah maybe yeah, And that's three hundred and twenty million dollars this thing costs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so three hundred and twenty million dollars a taxpayer money and it just broke apart in rough seas, so they're going to need a week to rebuild it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, cool, cool, cool, And is there the ace?
Speaker 3: But the aid is getting in for the two weeks that it was open, because that was the whole thing you said at the State of the Union to try and get the heat off of you that you're doing absolutely nothing for the people of Gaza.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it turns out no, it transferred roughly five hundred sixty nine metric tons of aid into Gaza, but none of that aid had been delivered to Palestinians as of last week.
Speaker 2: Huh okay, okay, So.
Speaker 1: Still just like kind of figuring things out.
Speaker 3: It's such a fucking insult man, because there was another the IDF bombed another refugee camp, and we're just still doing these like like it's like an insult to even say band aid fixes like these are nothing.
Speaker 2: These is this is an insult.
Speaker 3: Because a lot of people also speculate, like, is that another point of exit for Palestinians to inevitably displace these people permanently, because we know that's what the aim is here, as much as they're like, we were going to destroy Hamas, which I don't know how that's possible. You're only radicalizing more people by the day. But yeah, okay, sure, the three hundred and twenty million dollars of who knows what that could have done in this country, Uh, went right to a thing that does absolutely nothing, Like yeah, and this has to be like a terrible l for like the military engineers who built this fucking thing or not.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, I don't know enough about Peers, but it's not a not a great look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know about Peers, Morgan. Yeah, and my sucks, so maybe this peer is also not great. But again, this is just all this was all lip service during the State of the Union because this was you know, there's been a constant chorus of Joe Biden is doing absolutely nothing or are nothing meaningful to help these people, And that was the thing that all the pundits were like, he's building a peer, he's taking it seriously. And it's not only is it like not even operational at this point, but even the aid that was delivered they can't even confirm that any of it has actually reached Palestinians. So I failed to see how this is a win in any conceivable way. But yeah, let's continue.
Speaker 1: To appearance best having done something the appeer.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, and it's just a great metaphor for this entire like absolute just diplomatic fuck up from the United States is like you have you have, you have the ability to do actually something that is tangible, and you're like, what about a floppy pier that will break apart?
Speaker 1: They takers on this floppy pier. Nope. So there there's new research on peanut allergies. This is a question that has occurred to me as a parent. Is it seems like there are more peanut allergies today than there was when I was a kid. Back in the old days, peanut butter sandwich fights and schools were oh yeah, common as baseball and apple pie.
Speaker 2: Joe, I'm sure, isn't that anything Joe Biden said recently, Probably we set peanut butter sandwich fights all the time.
Speaker 1: Jack, That's right. And I heard him because I thought he was talking directly to me. But yeah, right now, the US has what's been described as an epidemic of peanut allergies. Between nineteen ninety seven and two thousand and eight, the number of American children with a peanut allergy has triple, and parents feeding children peanuts or peanut butter regularly between the ages of four months old and five years old is being touted as a potential like prevent it. Like they they think the problem is essentially not getting enough peanuts early enough.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean, as somebody who's got a little baby and going into that phase of like eating solid foods, and pediatricians like, yeah, man, you should, you should get this stuff that has all these allergens in it to introduce your child to them as quickly as possible to help counteract that. And I was like, oh, it's it was just because people were avoiding peanuts, because I remember I remember one kid, Corey, who had a peanut allergy at my school. It was one fucking kid I remember, And like that's how rare it was to now, you know, like at the daycare, and shit I go to they're like, yohen, there's a peanut free fucking zone. Yes, Like we can't even fuck around with things that you.
Speaker 1: Turn the corner to come here onto when you get on the street, you better not even think about peanuts or say the word peanut.
Speaker 2: It will get you fucked up out here.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so this new scientific study thinks that actually introducing peanuts can reduce the rate of people suffering from a peanut allergy by a staggering seventy one percent. So two, but what's really good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, Jack, what's really fucking going on here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So, where where are these coming from? Is it all of the microplastics center scrotum entire possible impossible to impossible to know one thing that one of the most popular theories in America is of course, that it is caused by vaccines, which I don't even understand, Like it's not even first of all, like vaccines didn't start in the last twenty thirty years, like vaccines have been around. So there's this one book that is like it's called the Peanut Allergy Epidemic. It's the cover is blood red. There is a giant needle on the front cover image, and uh, there is it. It's believed by Uh. I don't know one of the people who's running for president, r FK Junior. So uh. In the nineties, RFK Junior started the Food Allergy Initiative because his son has a peanut allergy and he was arguing that certain allergies were caused by vaccines. He wrote a forward to the book on the book theory that peanut oil is used in vaccines and like that's what's causing It stems from two New York Times articles from the nineteen sixties that noted that peanut oil was being tested in flu vaccines.
Speaker 2: There it is, there it is, so we found it.
Speaker 1: Like the amount of fucking research these idiots are doing to find this one reference to peanuts and vaccines. The trials were immediate failures and no peanut oil based edge events, which is like what they were testing it as in flu vaccines were quote ever used in human vaccines. Ah shit, but that's not that's what they want you to think. Yeah. When the author of the book was pressed on this point by Snopes for an article debunking the theory, she had to admit that she had quote no evidence that peanut oil had ever been used in childhood vacuums.
Speaker 3: Oh, that is such an l to have to say that out loud. Then it's like, oh, then you're talking.
Speaker 1: Shit right, completely full of shit.
Speaker 2: God no, well there's other things too.
Speaker 3: This is a thing with these but I mean, like I remember, like you know, you think about the whole MMR vaccine that everyone was like, that's the thing that's that's causing autism, is the MMR vaccine or whatever, and that got debunked so hard, to the point that the author himself.
Speaker 2: Was like, yeah, I was Look, I was working on my own.
Speaker 3: Vaccine that I was trying to compete with, so I had to talk some shit on the existing one to get my name out there.
Speaker 2: And when you point that out to anti vaxxers they still.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, but you see, it's like it's such a moving target that I'm sure that even these people when the person who wrote the book out loud to be like, there's actually no evidence to say that peanut oil was ever used in human vaccines, it's gonna be like, yeah, but you can, but you can imagine, right.
Speaker 1: This book is a novel, Okay, it's a cool to see novel, But so the more compelling theories. Nobody knows exactly why peanut allergies are going up, but more compelling theory that is widely accepted is that the world's improved sanitation basically leaves our It's kind of like the orca theory that we talked about yesterday. Why workers are attacking yachts is because there's like so much tuna in the sea that they're like, they don't need to spend as much time hunting tuna, so they're bored and just start attacking yachts for fun. In this case, our immune system like they're fewer germs because of increased cleanliness for your immune system to fight off, and so it just is like fu. Yeah, basically gets bored and starts attacking peanuts. Right. I have a loose theory that ties in with one of my overrated recent overrated oh because the thing that has changed over the past twenty years is peanut butter has gotten way shittier. That it's gone from being the easy to spread kind to the stir kind. Yeah. Sure, I'm just saying I ate way more peanut peanut butter when I was a kid than my kid, it was because yeah, because this shit is gloppy as fuck Galapagos islands in there.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're saying it, Okay, so the peanut it's less appealing, less.
Speaker 1: Appealing peanut butter, less peanut butter consumption. I'm just saying that is my conspiracy theory as to what's going on here. I blame big stir peanut butter. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, the other theory that people say is because pediatric experts were recommending giving kids less algins or avoiding food allergens early in life, which is different because that someone who just had.
Speaker 2: A kid recently. All I'm hearing from pediatrician is like.
Speaker 3: Give them, man, yeah, yeah, and introduce them to allergens like real quick, like just as soon as you can, like soy and all that other stuff, obviously in case there isn't an allergy.
Speaker 2: That That was the fucking wildest part.
Speaker 3: I remember feeding the geist child some of this like allergen filled stuff. He's like, hey, make sure you observe them, yeah, because if there is an allergy, I'm like, what the fuck. I don't want to have.
Speaker 2: To be like on top of shit. When I gave him a little spoonful of oatmeal or some shit. Yeah, that shit is scary, but he's okay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think that we need to just like start smoking around our kids again. That seems to be the smoke and not even watching them, just letting them play in the street. Yeah.
Speaker 3: At our house we use cigarettes like incense. We're not even smoking them. We like them and just leave them around the house.
Speaker 1: Leave. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was that movie? Was it The Island?
Speaker 3: There's like, you know, it's like a Van Damn movie where he had to like escape that like island and he used a cigarette as a timer to see how long he could hold his breath. There's like a there's a scene where I think it's a Vandamn movie where he's training to hold his breath because he has to like swim underwater for a really long distance. So to train, he lights a cigarette and leaves it and like his progress is sort of determined by how much the.
Speaker 1: Salid how much is burnt down. Yeah, that's actually really fun and cinematic for a Van Damn movie. I kind of like that a lot. Yeah, very cool, very cool, Van Damn. It's not gonna be the first time I said that, And it's not gonna be the last. All right, those are some of the things that are trending on in the zeitgeist. It was double Team Rodman. Yeah, so a cinematic classic, cinematic.
Speaker 2: Classic with Dennis Rodman.
Speaker 1: Absolutely wow. Remember that back tomorrow with the whole aast episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves. Get the vaccine, get listen to these motherfuckers, Get all your vaccines, get all your flu shots. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk you out tomorrow. Bye bye,