Speaker 1: Here it is the groove slightly transformed, just a bit of a break from the norm, just.
Speaker 2: A little something to break the monotony.
Speaker 1: Of all that hardcore dance that it's gotten to be a little bit out of control.
Speaker 3: It's cool to dance.
Speaker 1: But what about a groove the souves and moves romance. Give me a soft, subtle mix. And if it ain't broken, don't try to fix it, and think of the summers of the past, or just the face and let the Alpine last pop in my CEDDN. Let me run around and put your car on cruise and lay back because it's the summer time.
Speaker 2: Welcome back for good mom's bad choices. I'm Erica and I'm Mela, and this is episode sixty six.
Speaker 3: Sixty six, sixty six. I think I'm pretty sure it is.
Speaker 4: If we've been counting correctly, it is crazy, it is right, Wow, sixty six sixty six recorded therapy session for.
Speaker 2: Real, for real.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty proud. I'm proud too. Yeah, I'm happy.
Speaker 2: Like I've done this. I've sat come to sit down at this table sixty six times, well, sixty five because one time we recorded somewhere else one time. But okay, oh, yeah, sure, wait have we Yeah wait ware new.
Speaker 3: York deep because York Wait right right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm high. Either way, we sat somewhere, we sat down, We used our brains, had intelligent conversations, also very high, and we probably said a lot of dumb shit too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we put that all out on the internet.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, that's cool. That's cool. We also have some new merch on our side, guys. We have our new good Moms, Bad Choices, nameplate necklaces. They're so cute, so cute. And I've been wearing wine every day. I've gotten the I'm keep getting compliments on my Yeah. Also they've like last really.
Speaker 3: Well yeah's actually really nice quality, good quality. I'm into it.
Speaker 2: I've been wearing working out in one ship. Yeah, not really taking care of it.
Speaker 4: Two guys asked me for bad choices and silver. I'm like, we don't have silver?
Speaker 3: Were they white?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: What's the bastian? You only wore silver?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't like I don't think silver looks good on me.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think silver looks good on brown people. I mean it looks good.
Speaker 3: I just like gold better. I'm just being extra gold of the Pyramids.
Speaker 2: I only love gold because it's African, pretty much of Africa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, so we haven't.
Speaker 4: We have fucking been pre recording for so long that we haven't even really discussed anything. Right.
Speaker 2: We haven't even done a New York recap, which feels like it happened so fucking long ago, because it did and I barely remember it. It was such a blur. Oh, let me fill you in. Okay, recapy recap me.
Speaker 3: It wasn't. Okay, it wasn't a blur.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a blur. Okay. We did some really great interviews.
Speaker 4: We did some really great interviews. If you have not checked them out, you must. Mela's Dope. Alex Undone is dope as fuck. Mela Murders Let's Talk Mother is coming up if you're in La.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's on July seventh, and definitely go follow her and also her community page on Instagram at Let's Talk Mother so you can learn more about it. It's basically like this amazing safe space that she creates for single moms to come and just kind of like lay all their shit out there. It's kid friendly. They're gonna have like play shit for the kids, free it's free. It's just like, if you feel like you just need to relate to another mother, whether your single mom or not, just come come because it's gonna be dope when we'll be there.
Speaker 3: Yes, what else we do in New York? Okay, so we met up in New York.
Speaker 4: We obviously were trying to rage because that's what we do.
Speaker 2: There's no kids, there's time for raging.
Speaker 4: Yes, and self care for us is raging. You know, people coming here who does who don't know us. Everybody has their own shit. Everybody's different, but for us, you know, raging is a form of self care.
Speaker 3: That's what we do.
Speaker 2: I agree, you.
Speaker 4: Know, not all the time, but we're ragers by nature. Everybody may not rage.
Speaker 3: Don't force it. If you're not a rager, don't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but honestly, I don't feel like raging all the time, but when I do, we do do it.
Speaker 3: We had a Oh, we had a dope little meetup.
Speaker 4: We had a couple of moms come out shout out to our friends that came to see us.
Speaker 3: That was really cool. We had. We went to a dope ass.
Speaker 4: Bar, the Honeywell in Harlem. We had some friends meet us. We oh yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 3: Anthony met us smold people.
Speaker 4: Then we walked to Red Rooster and continued to get done first meeting it.
Speaker 2: Like, I love Red Rooster. I was so excited to bring you guys there. I'm so glad. It was like a dope night ycause they have like some other nights are cool, but like that night specifically is the one I always go to. And it's just like, I'm sure if you guys live in New York, you know Red Rooster and Harlem, like they have the live music, live singing. It's just it's just good energy.
Speaker 3: Everybody was super talented who just picked up the mic?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you just pop over to Salavanas and do some weird shit in there normally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's what we did. That's exactly what we did. And it was like it was like a Monday night. The moms kicked it. I'm coming, baby, I'm coming.
Speaker 3: Oh. And then to top it off, we had seafood.
Speaker 2: Your mom's right here.
Speaker 4: We had seafood in Harlem, a twenty four our seafood place, which you know, my fat ass goes to religiously every ding.
Speaker 2: It was bomb.
Speaker 3: It's bomb. What was that place?
Speaker 4: Called. It was like, I can't remember when a Spanish name or yeah it's bomb.
Speaker 3: What else did we do?
Speaker 2: I also fell in love that night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had like a little serious makeout session. When Erica falls in love, she sees nothing else.
Speaker 3: She sees rat. She only sees It's like tunnel visions that person, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: That so okay. So we went to Harlem bar. We walked to another bar because someone had to charge their phone. Remember that, not a shot and a phone charge. Then we went to Red Rooster BUGGI down. And then I think somewhere between the the charging spot and Red Rooster we met.
Speaker 2: I met at the charging spot from the shot was the charging spot before after Red Rooster.
Speaker 3: After okay, so it was Red Rooster the charging spot.
Speaker 4: And then we went to Silvana's and along the way she picked up the love of her life of that night.
Speaker 3: And I don't think I saw her.
Speaker 2: I like looked I apparently remember he told me that he was adopted, he was raised by two white parents.
Speaker 3: He's a lawyer.
Speaker 2: His name was his name? I already forgot it.
Speaker 3: I don't remember. Fuck he was a lawyer. Though he was a.
Speaker 2: Lawyer and he was going to Spain. He was gonna be in France when I was there. Then we text a few times. Then he just stopped texting me. So we're divorced already.
Speaker 3: This is w I was like, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I was so confused though. I thought he like he was the one adamant about I saw you're gonna give me your number, and I'm like, he asked me a few times and I was like, okay, and then maybe he lost his phone. I don't know what the fuck.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't stand these.
Speaker 3: I know guys are dead. My grandmother said they're dance and that's accurate.
Speaker 2: They're so dense their brain is this? I just can't. If anyone saw my rant the other day on Instagram, I later wondered like, oh my god, what the men that would listen to my rant? Like do they think I met man bashing? Yes? The answers yes, because you guys are dumb, you have smart my son. Then I started thinking, when I was thinking really deep into this, I was like, what about the women that listen that have sons talking shit about their future adult men? I mean they have I stop.
Speaker 3: Oh can you close that door for me too?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean I thought about that it's easy for us to bash men because we don't have daughters.
Speaker 2: I know, I literally thought about that.
Speaker 3: I was like, but you know, I did think about I was.
Speaker 2: Like, well, hopefully they're teaching their sons not to do this dumb shit.
Speaker 4: I also thought, Damn, I don't want lit they keep hearing me say, God, men are dumb, gus. Men are fucking stupid, stupid. I say it all the time because I'm like, they're dumb. But then I'm like, damn, I'm going to program her to just.
Speaker 2: They're not dumb. Okay, first of all, let me break this down for you. Are obviously they're smart. Okay, obviously like they you know, they can whole job some ship we take out the We know what's their dumb They know what the dumb part of men is. Not all men, but most and it's almost not even their fault. Emotional intelligence. That's where it is, and that's what we are talking about. Well, when I say a man is done, that's what I'm talking about, the emotional intelligence. And don't get me wrong, there's a lot of emotionally unintelligent women out there, for sure, am I am I like the most emotionally intelligent person. No, but am I emotionally intelligent? Yeah, I would say I am. But I just feel like I don't know if society has fucked them over. I don't know how it's an undoing. I think it just starts with like the mothers Now, it's all it's on us.
Speaker 4: The patriarchy, making them think that they just have to exist and not do much else.
Speaker 3: Anyway, factor New York.
Speaker 4: Oh, I broke my celibacy maybe a couple of days, shy of six months.
Speaker 3: With the young bag because I'm weak and men have magical powers. Those powers are called dick.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm cool with that decision. I'm going to go back to it now. I'm got some active crazy. Now I'm back on, back on. I'm cool with being celibate again. I feel like I had a good ten days and now I crack.
Speaker 2: That's what you sound like. I binged for ten days straight, never left, and now I'm sober again. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 2: I have not had sex and I don't. The thing is is, like I think I for me, I don't not putting it. I'm not saying I'm celibate because but I I am, but I am, you know what I mean. But I think also I'm not opposed to having sex. I just actually don't want to have any for the first time. And like since I probably have really been single, like pretty much my my singleness was like navigated through sex, Like that's what I that's what I craved, that's what I felt like I needed. After my relationship, I kind of like remembered that how much I enjoy it again because I wasn't really like fulfilling like my I wasn't fulfilled sexually all the way. So I just think that that's where I've been and now I'm in a place now where it just feels like I feel like it's a waste to just be giving my sex away lately. Like it's not that I'm down, I'm DTF okay, but I just want I'm hard just like giving it away casually. And and you guys know, like I don't. If you're doing that right now, fucking go for that whatever, that's totally cool. It's just I'm not in that space right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to be in a space for it, and you have to recognize if you're in this because it's it's what you need at that moment, or if you do, then when I start.
Speaker 2: When it starts hurting, that's when you know, maybe you're not in that space anymore. Maybe the space isn't right for you anymore because you want something more or different, or it's not it's not doing what it was before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because even even participating will you know, like with Young Bay, after like like consciously making decision not to do it, I mean, there was some disappointment, you know, like not like I obviously knew what I signed myself up for, but I was like, damn, what should I have done that?
Speaker 3: You know, like you're I'm gonna leave here, You're still gonna be fucking.
Speaker 4: Other bitches and like not that, Like it's not that I own him, but it was just like it was it made me feel like it was really casual and it wasn't for me, you know what I'm saying. And of course I know like we love each other, but I was just like, I'm a Christian, I'm waiting to marriage.
Speaker 2: I feel you, I mean and I have. I mean, it's not that I'm not hooking up with not like making out or doing other things.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm a maker outer I will make out out out.
Speaker 4: I'm down to me that tongue. Yeah, I met out with a bartender. I met out with the guy I met at the Hookah restaurant. I was making out.
Speaker 3: But anything past that just seems too much.
Speaker 2: Although there is someone that I've been thinking of, I think I need to just vibrating tongue, vibrating mouth.
Speaker 3: So Erica called me Melord of Town.
Speaker 4: And she's like, oh, you know, we're talking about sex because that's what we do. And she's like, I had some great sex last night.
Speaker 3: It was amazing. His tongue was fine.
Speaker 2: But then I said, wait, I didn't even have sex.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yes, I thought, because.
Speaker 2: I keep whenever I talk about the story, I keep saying that I've had sex, But then I remember I have sex.
Speaker 3: It was just like oral and like and everything else.
Speaker 4: So one of my greatest, one of our greatest quotes ever I think of our friendship is bitch.
Speaker 3: You know, girls like us, Girls like us.
Speaker 4: So like like in booty holes and playing in butts, and we're nasty, like to be choked.
Speaker 3: We can't just settle for anybody. We can't.
Speaker 4: This is everybody. Everybody's not gonna get it and we deserve to be with someone who understands us sexually. And I was like, whoah, true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just true. I don't want to admit it.
Speaker 2: I think like after that experience, I was like, what, oh, I'm not giving up for a mediocre ass penis or any or medio grass.
Speaker 4: Mouth or goals like like, I'm not goals, Like I don't I don't want too many boundaries.
Speaker 2: You had many boundaries.
Speaker 3: You need to be free, yeah.
Speaker 2: And of course, like you don't have to like everything, but at least try try it, try it. But anyway, his mouth vibrated like, oh my god, his mouth is a vibrator, like I've never he was singing. He was sinking to my vagina.
Speaker 3: I know he's also an R and B singer. They shut up. That is so general. Nobody knows that could be anyone. David.
Speaker 2: I'm never liking one photo of his ever again.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: No one's following.
Speaker 3: What They just follow some other R and B s What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Okay, he is an ARMB singer. And he literally was like like the vibrato it was like I don't know, it was like the sound was like I was trying to show someone like on my hand, like what it what it was, But I still don't really know how he did it. It was like, no, it wasn't even the tongue, girl, it was his like lips were like, give me wait?
Speaker 3: Was he making it? Nois? Yes, he was singing.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yes, sound was coming out of his mouth. Dud. Did it sound good?
Speaker 2: And just so like that sound good? But this isn't gonna sound good. I'm not an ARMB singer. Do you feel the vibration?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 2: It was even stronger than that. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: What's gonna make me try to teach my niggas how to do that. Let me, let me, let me showed me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna come get it.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be me. Try to show my niggas, like, let me show you what I need you to do.
Speaker 2: Stop that that was good. I felt it. I felt it. Okay, guys, get home or if you're in the car driving right now, put your hand to in a circular show. I put it on your like the back of your your hand and just go. Actually, now I feel it. It's a vibration and that's what he was doing.
Speaker 4: Now, you're gonna have all of us out here single, because no one does that. Let me searching for this kind of vibrating, singing mouth, and it's gonna.
Speaker 2: So I've been dreaming of that ever since. And I honestly, you know, when we hooked up, I told him that I'm not having sex right now, and he was cool with it, and then when he was vibrating and singing to it, I was like, fuck this, I'm about to have sex. I don't give a fuck. I don't care what I say, and he wouldn't. He was like, no, you said no, then stick to that. And he's like, just let me, please, you just let me just enjoy this. And I was like what, I love how this sounds, I know, and also made me like kind of angry because you know, I'm like I don't like to be told no. And but then it turned me on even more and I was like, oh my god, so there's I might have sex. I just don't. I'm just not even even then even like, well I probably would've had he said no, but I just don't not really in that space right now.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I took a lot of advice from Daphney's episode and just realizing I'm just not about the open relationship life and I'm not about like I'm not saying I'm not about dating because obviously you have to date.
Speaker 2: I'm about dating for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just but I know I'm not afraid to tell someone like long time, I want like a long term partnership, like kind of like monogamous.
Speaker 2: Did you say that on like the like very soon into like the first few dates.
Speaker 4: If I felt like it's someone that I could see a potential with, yeah, m if it's someone I don't even care about, I'll be like, yeah, whatever, I'm just not called.
Speaker 2: And you're not scared that that might scare the person of that person away, even if even if he could be ready for them, I'm too old at some point.
Speaker 3: If you can't take directness, you're not gonna like me. That's true in general.
Speaker 4: In general, if you don't like someone who's gonna be direct, you're just not gonna like me.
Speaker 3: So that's cool.
Speaker 4: If you want to beat around the busher, it's not I'm not really like they don't have a type of mouth.
Speaker 3: So no, I'm not afraid anymore.
Speaker 4: Like I think there was a place where I would be like I would never say that, and I would be like I would never but I'm like, bitch, got kid, I'm all like I'm.
Speaker 3: Not old, not old, but older like I'm not. I'm just not.
Speaker 4: Like, you know, there was a time where I would be down to be the third person in an open relationship.
Speaker 3: I would be down, like sure, sign me up.
Speaker 2: I don't you don't think you'll ever go back to that now, like this is this is who you are now?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Like maybe if I get in a committment relationship with someone I really fuck with and really love and really have a bomb.
Speaker 2: Like the the rule for you to do that now you've realized is you have to be the main girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I don't want to be who wants to be number two in any situation.
Speaker 2: I don't commitment.
Speaker 3: I don't okay, I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 4: I've had that, Like I could fuck if I wanted to fuck. I'm not fucking because I don't want to just fuck. You know it, it's old. Even if you're fine, because I got some you know, fine, even fine doesn't get you that far. Because I didn't even realize that because after I broke it, I had like lined up some situations in.
Speaker 3: My Yes, and okay, this cloes free and I'm over the lineup.
Speaker 5: Are you gonna push pause? I'll be right back. You're right, Sorry, We're back.
Speaker 2: Irie has her fruit and Jamila has her soup.
Speaker 4: Not the most silent meal I could have prepared, the clinking of.
Speaker 2: Sim anyway, Is that it for New York?
Speaker 4: I was just there for like four thousand years. I stayed three weeks and I went to DC. I visited the New Museum, the National African American History Museum, the Smithsonian bomb.
Speaker 3: Really sad though.
Speaker 4: It was really sad that unfortunately we haven't really come that far. There's still so much work to be done, and it was hard for my grandma. It was.
Speaker 3: It was a good trip though overall. But I eat crabs, which is always a highlight of place.
Speaker 2: Oh how was the food there was? Everyone keeps finding the food that was bombed. My brother told me that yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh the museum, Yeah, food is bombed. Sulfood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like catfish. There's fried chicken, greens, mac and cheese, hush puppies, corn bread.
Speaker 3: It was actually good. Oh, your brother went yeah, I enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm okay, yeah, he's about to go to My brother's going to Howard in August. He's leaving so soon. Oh wow, I know, so good for him though, I know, I'm so excited for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he needs that, he needs Howard, which I was going to Howard.
Speaker 3: Where'd you go New York?
Speaker 2: H yes, baby, Okay, we'll just leave it there. Okay, but that's fine. I heard you. There's water over there on your table.
Speaker 3: Okay, Grama, all right, what else is new with you?
Speaker 2: Knew with me? Irie? Stop lock the door please? Okay, we'll stop kicking it, thank you girl. Nothing just work and shit. I mean, you know, I've been I feel like for months I've been.
Speaker 3: Wait did you go to Paris?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I went to Paris after you went to New York. Oh wow?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And she went to Paris?
Speaker 2: Oh right, go ahead, I did. I went to France and I had work out there and then I brought Iri because I only had one work thing to do there really, and my one of my best friends, he lives in Berlin. He flew out there to help me with her, but like I didn't really need his help. It was just like an excuse to come and we went to We were chilling in Paris and then we went to took the train three hours to Marseilles and Merseie ver Sailles, Marseille for sci Merceille. I never remember how to say it, which is like the south of France, but it's kind of like it's not as bougie as like the rest of the South of France. It's almost kind of reminds me of like a little more like Grungey. There's like a lot of graffiti. There's really nice beaches, fine assmen in Paris.
Speaker 3: Really girl floy those accents.
Speaker 2: And I know what they're so fine, like what I didn't even know, And like I get it now. I get why Paris is like the place people like like it's it's romantic, it's beautiful. The food is great, desserts. The people are not that great, but there they look good. They're actually kind of rude, Like actually, I also bought this bitch on the plane I was about to go off on one of the flight attendant.
Speaker 3: Yeah's she friend? Yes.
Speaker 2: So, like I was on the plane and we were about were we had landed. We were I was flying from Mercelle to Paris, and because I was then a flying Paris back to La So the flight from Mercede to Paris is like, I don't know, like an hour and a half. And Irie went to the bathroom before, but you flew that, yeah, And when we were landing, she's like, Mommy, I have to pee. I can't hold it. I was like, okay, we're almost there, we're about to land, and so I was trying to distract her or distract her. And then like we were taxing forever and ever and ever, just sitting on the run. We already landed, we had already landed. So I was like, fuck this, I'm about to just get up and take her to the bathroom fully there. And so I got up and I started walking to the back of the plane and this lady's like so it's just like just no, man, no, no, And she starts to like undosse her seatbelt, starts walking towards me. You need to sit down in her French accent, which I'm not even gonna try and imitate because no one needs to hear that. And she's like, you need to sit down, and I was like, my daughter has to pee. We're not moving, and she's like, no, no, I will call security. I will call security call and I was like, well, she's gonna pee. At first, I said I don't care, and I kept walking and then she got all like crazy and shit, and then.
Speaker 3: She was like, there's not another fun attendant to defend.
Speaker 2: No one said anything on this plane. They just were silent, not even the past one person. And I said, well, she's gonna pee on your plane. She's gonna pee on your seat. And she's like, you need to go sit down, go sit down, just tell it, kept telling me you need to sit down, go sit down, go sit down. I was like, little do you don't want to just watch when they see us? You don't want to tell me what the fuck to do? Okay, ma'am, Okay, ma'am. I have seen too many things on the internet this week that I am highly livid and.
Speaker 3: I don't need I don't go off.
Speaker 2: I don't need anyone your shade telling me what I can't cannot do it as it pertains to my child.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's crazy. She's a child.
Speaker 4: And it's one thing like I've gone through about them all landing while taxing all the.
Speaker 2: I get protocol, but there's a way you do shit, Okay, Like if you want me to sit down like I was still probably been pissed. You can't like the way she did it.
Speaker 4: She cannot stop you from going to the bathroom. It's not it's she can't do it physically. She cannot stop from the bathroom. You call security the fuck if you want.
Speaker 2: I was like, what if I was dying? Girl, Like, what the fuck I'm choking? You're telling me how to sit down? Shut the fuck up? Okay. So yeah, and speaking of that, all that stuff, like, girl, there's just been so much like stuff on the internet every day. I'm just like, I'm exhausted, but I want to know, I want to stay aware. But I'm also like getting like oppression fatigued.
Speaker 4: I know, because it's it's it's it's so much. It's not and it's not. The fucking part is like it's not rare.
Speaker 2: It's just because we have access to it now.
Speaker 4: It's just it's always existed, even like the family and the dollar store in Arizona and the cops pulled she's pregnant with her four year old and her boyfriend or husband whatever. They the little girl walked out of the store with the doll and apparently the cops were called. The police pull up on them, draw their guns, with her holding her child yelling at them, I'll fucking shoot you no.
Speaker 6: And it's just crazy fine that any grown man in any power of position, like any position of power, would you feel.
Speaker 3: Threatened by a family, by a pregnant woman.
Speaker 2: The way he was talking to her. He said, I'm gonna put a cap in your ass. No he did it, yes, girl, he said I will put a cap in your ass. He was cursing at her, like, oh my god, it was her child and her child. It was cray z. It was insane. I couldn't I couldn't believe that video. I'm glad it didn't end up worse, honestly because the way he how reactive he was, it was scary, Like I could have ended way worse. But I mean it still wasn't great. But like I mean, I guess that's kind of sad too that I'm now like, oh, it could have been worse, well right, But I don't mean it that way.
Speaker 4: No, It's just it's just the climate and how scary these niggas are. Yeah, Like the fuck that part is it could end up any way, like nobody's safe and like even as a woman, even with a child, even being pregnant. It doesn't matter if you're black or if you're a person of color, and they feel threatened, they're threatened.
Speaker 3: And furthermore, first.
Speaker 4: Of all, Arizona's fucking racist as fuck, and they obviously, I mean, just like it doesn't matter if you're a woman or you're a child.
Speaker 3: They see us as I don't know, like predators.
Speaker 4: And that's what's scary if you're if you're a police officer and you're getting paid by literally tax dollars and you're bullying people and acting like you're in a goddamn rap video.
Speaker 2: Or how much money is that? Because I'm officer that now.
Speaker 4: So there was another instance in Baltimore's in Baltimore where a man was being detained by the sheriff and another officer. He was sitting on the floor in like a bystander who just was walking by was like, y'all should y'all are wrong, y'all need to get him off the ground, continued to cross the street. The sheriff yealls, you didn't mind your fucking business. It's like, y'all are wrong. You needed to get him off the ground. Then they grab him from He's literally his back is to them. He's turning around while saying this. Grab him, detain him, tell him you're getting you're getting arrested because you don't know how to act.
Speaker 3: He's recording it.
Speaker 4: Thank god, you don't know how to act as what the sheriff says, and take this charge like a man. So basically because he walked by and stated his opinion. Nothing violent, no no, no weapons.
Speaker 3: Come to find out the shareff. Oh and they have on tape.
Speaker 4: The other guy, like another police officer pulls up and tells the shriff like, basically, you need to chill. I said, you don't fucking tell me how to do my job. Come to find out this sheriff, this motherfucker made two hundred and forty seven thousand.
Speaker 3: Dollars last year.
Speaker 4: Two hundred and forty seven thousand dollars last year, primarily mostly in overtime.
Speaker 3: And that's all tax dollar payments.
Speaker 2: That's insane.
Speaker 3: And you you.
Speaker 4: Think you have the right to tell someone that you don't know how to act. That's blatant racism, that's blatant abusive power.
Speaker 3: And you know, Baltimore has had a.
Speaker 4: Lot of issues with corrupt police officers, and I think they recently got a new black commissioner police commissioner, so I think some black man is the police commissioner now, and so you know, I think he was removed immediately, was suspended with pay.
Speaker 3: I guess the union does that.
Speaker 4: There was another instance, I want to stay in California at like a Costco with a man with who.
Speaker 3: Had mental illness.
Speaker 4: He was something like maybe he's something is wrong with him, but apparently from everybody knows, very harmless, very like mild tempered with his parents.
Speaker 3: The parents are like fifty something years old.
Speaker 4: Some an off duty police officer said that the man attacked him, which other people said they he did not, shot him, killed him and shot his both his parents.
Speaker 2: The parents died too. I don't know he killed the parent because the parents probably started attacking him. Fuck, I am a child.
Speaker 3: I'm not really clear, but it's.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: And then I saw another video.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't take it.
Speaker 3: This one like all these.
Speaker 4: Police they had to be like five police cars surrounding a man and a gat like maybe at the gas station, and a girl was she was maybe just pumping gas and she started filming and was yelling at them put your guns down. Put your guns down. He didn't do anything, he has nothing, and she starts crying. She gets hyper ban say they killed they killed my boyfriend in twenty fifteen or something.
Speaker 3: They will kill you.
Speaker 4: You don't kill him, you could, And I could just hear the trauma in her voice.
Speaker 2: She was like, don't move, please, don't move. They'll kill you.
Speaker 3: They kill my boyfriend in twenty foot I was just like yeo, like between.
Speaker 4: These like random not random events in different places with law enforcement, and then visiting that museum and then watching when they see us like in the last.
Speaker 3: What too weak or two? It's really it's really sad and scary to be black like you. It's impossible to.
Speaker 4: Like live in this space and not be like aware of it. Even I was thinking because conversations I have around Lona like am I being too you know, racial? Or is she too exposed? But I'm like, fuck, there's no avoiding it. This is real life for us every day. These are the conversations that are gonna be had around her because this is our environment.
Speaker 2: Right, I think, I think, you know, especially because of Iri telling people that her mommy doesn't like white people, which you know is not Okay, I've tried to think about. Yes, I want her to be aware, but I also want her to be able to come to her own conclusions because I have to give her that, you know what I mean, within reason, and not adopt whatever it is that I feel like, adopt my anger, adopt my distaste for certain things and people, but with but also educating her in a way that she's also not dumb and she's like aware that, Okay, my mommy told me something like this might happen.
Speaker 3: I have to be more socially aware, and we do. We have to be socially aware.
Speaker 2: And I'm clearly I'm not doing a great job at all, but but I'm I'm mindful of it now because I didn't realize, like, oh my god, yeah, I have to like chill, like I don't want her coming to conclusion like she's already understanding color, you know, she it's such a fine line because like not even a fine line. It's so it's just it's hard. It's interesting because you know, I want her to know she's a beautiful black girl, right, but I also don't want her to I want her to not think that different colors are different, are different even though they are treated differently. At our core, we're all human, you know, and you know, we're a product of a lot of things, a lot of situations, a lot of abuses of power, a lot of you know, miseducation, no education, too much information. Like it's it's just it's it's just like a really hard place to be in because I it's not like I would never tell her, like, you're a beautiful black girl. But then I'm also like do I always have to say that? Or can she just be a beautiful girl? You know, because it is we feel like we have to go so hard because so.
Speaker 3: Much society that goes against well, yeah, are what are the definitions of beauty? So are your cool opposite of what we are?
Speaker 2: What European beauty standards?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know what the other day, Luna, Luna's obsessed with Halloween and she has talked about her Halloween costume literally every day since October. Now she wants last week's want to be a Barbie And she's like, I want to be like a Barbie, like make put makeup on me, like white skin and like a red wig or like a white wig. She thinks blonde hair is called white wig.
Speaker 3: And I was like, why would know?
Speaker 4: Like you like, it bothered me, but also I realize it's confusing, growing like it's confusing, and.
Speaker 3: She's a four year old. She doesn't get it. Like I know she's into herself.
Speaker 4: I know she loves herself, but unfortunately we have to just beat us and then they'll navigate, you know, and I tell them to like we're about love, Like do.
Speaker 2: You like would you ever just say okay? Fine?
Speaker 4: Never like okay, if I'm gonna paint your face white, yeah, I'm no, not fainting your face, I.
Speaker 2: Mean not white.
Speaker 3: But like if she wanted to be a white Barbie, don't I.
Speaker 2: Just don't know, Like no, not that. I just mean though, like, then how do we find that battle?
Speaker 4: I mean, I bought her that fucking princess whatever I mean, because I mean.
Speaker 2: Her hair white bitch, because of a little of of of a little white girl wanted to be black Barbie and her mom paint and her black. You better believe them.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't do that. I mean, I lose battles, you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'll buy her the princess she wants, because am I gonna argue with a four year old, But if it's up to me, I'm going to encourage her and buy what I want what looks like her. Because I realized it's so deep seated. We all experienced it. We grew up in a white ass place. There was probably till I was fucking in like fourth grade. I was like, Damn, I wish my hair was like this. Damn this, damn that I noticed I was different than the majority of the people around me.
Speaker 3: They're as as children and as a product of.
Speaker 4: A social environment. There is no avoiding it. We cannot protect them from every image from every movie.
Speaker 3: Like it's impossible.
Speaker 4: You know, I think I was gonna let my kid watch Disney because it's cultish.
Speaker 3: It is. What am I gonna do? I watch the shit? I'm fine. You know, you can't avoid the brainwashery. It exists. It's real.
Speaker 4: It's much even deeper and larger than we are aware of. But you know, I think you have the pick and choose your battles. And I think that as long as we are aware that we're good people and that we love people, and that we have a plethora of friends, we probably have more non black friends than black friends. So it's not like our kids don't understand and don't know that we love people, you know, so.
Speaker 2: It's just maple. But sometimes they don't. They think you love those people that everybody else. I've even seen how I sometimes react to like white men. She's not comfortable around them. What do you mean, I don't know. It's different like black men. I think maybe because it's familiar because of her daughter, but white men is like a little more strangery. Strangery you kind of I know.
Speaker 3: This is bad, This is bad.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't say it, but it kind of makes me feel good to hear that, because you know how many little white kids I've seen get scared of just black eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, yeah, and I noticed that.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: I guess I guess in general, as children, we're gonna be less what we're what we see less, We're gonna be less familiar with. It's gonna be less uncomfortable. So I guess it's our jobs to expose them.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you know what I redid it? The Oh my god. In France, we're on the boat and for this is for the event, and there was a little person on the boat. Oh no, no, she pointed, mommy, why is she so little like me? She was pointing at her. I was like, I don't know, Okay, don't point.
Speaker 3: How do you deal with that?
Speaker 2: I said, She's not a kid, she's a woman. She's just small. And she was like and she like thought about her for a while. I saw her like thinking about that, and then she was like, okay, like okay.
Speaker 4: Luna said to our friend yesterday who got a little sugar in his tank, why are you.
Speaker 3: Acting like a girl? Why do you sound like a girl? She kept saying it. I was like, shut up.
Speaker 4: She wouldn't stop, she would sup and this man looks like a man. There's nothing that appears like but she could hear in his voice that he and I was just like, that's crazy that she, even as a child, she has a understanding, a small scope of understanding of what a female and a male sound like as far as dialect goes. How deep is that? Because I don't teach her that, you know, so, I was just like, you can't sound like a girl. There's no that doesn't exist. You can't sound like a boy.
Speaker 2: You can't even like when we took them to come up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I ran to a friend a very eccentric, blonde braid wearing man who sometimes were like long gowns.
Speaker 3: And she's like, why are you dressed like a are you a girl? A boy? Why do you dress like a girl? Did she say ugly?
Speaker 2: No, no, but she kept saying it, and I was like, like, Luna.
Speaker 4: Is vocal, you know, like she's like me, so I can't like and I don't get my panties and ad bunch. I just explained to her, as shit comes up, I think we saw like a billboard and two guy or a.
Speaker 3: Commercial two guys were kissing. She's like, ill, why are two guys? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: And I was just like, two guys can love each other.
Speaker 2: But where do you think she got that ill from?
Speaker 5: Dad?
Speaker 3: Maybe shouldn't say ill.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's just like even that it's not supposed to be it because movies and she watches and she's not used to it, or like, what's the distaste with it?
Speaker 4: I think that we generally always in all movies all kids.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean that's true. Do you think it's anything else?
Speaker 4: Besides no, I don't think anybody around her is homophobia in any way.
Speaker 2: Baby Daddy isn't.
Speaker 3: No, No, he's really not like one time.
Speaker 4: I one time cousin Chris, we're meeting them for lunch and he's like, oh, by the way, I'm with his friend Mishall, who's a transgender.
Speaker 3: So I was like, look bad, don't be acting strange. He's with transgender. So whatever, we all want to lunch, ramp into it. But this bitch at the end, I don't know if he was lying though.
Speaker 4: He said when they shook hands by give me your hand, she did like a thumb.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe maybe she did that to everyone and he felt like he was special. You know, straight men be always thinking that any get like a gay dude, because they'd be reading into every little fucking thing, and also gay dudes being with them and not because they want them.
Speaker 3: But just to well, sometimes gay dudes could be disrespectful.
Speaker 2: No, it's absolutely, absolutely, And it's.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, nigga, you need to hill which I'm not.
Speaker 4: You know, like respect everybody's ship, you know, be you, but respect where people stand.
Speaker 3: Don't make people extra uncomfortable anyway. How to get this topic? Oh like our kids, Yeah, I mean it's a struggle ship. We don't know all the answers. We got programmed somehow. Now, we're trying to. We're trying to, so let's get the least programming for the kids.
Speaker 4: Let's try and teach them what we know about what's real and what's not, and then you know what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Today at work, we were doing our het We're shooting for a holiday campaign, and we were doing a photo where like we're holding one of our like cute gifts behind our back, kind of like a Jared's commercial, you know, like the like the diamond you know, like this, Yeah, we're gonna propose and the diamonds behind your back. And so we did one version with a guy, and then we did one version with me in a pink suit holding it behind me and I asked that. I said, so, am I so I'm proposing? And she was like yeah, She's like, I'm like, so I proposing, Like I'm proposing to my man or I'm proposing to my woman and she was like, yeah, it's kind of vague. Is in my head? I was like, there's no mother fucking way proposing to my man. And I was like then I was like, wait, no, why am I program that way?
Speaker 3: And is this?
Speaker 2: Is that? Why am I feel so strongly about that? Because one of the girls was like, I'm probably inside of the wood. And I was like, are they like, I was like, she lesbian? No, I was like, why why is that the man's role?
Speaker 3: I mean, I know, I get it. I'm I'm I mean, I'm a hypocrite. I'm a hypocrite. There are I don't know. I mean, I get it. I know. There's no set things that are male or female. However, like Daphney said, a male and.
Speaker 4: A female, there's just no other combination, you know, Like there are roles.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying I decided that role. No one decided it doesn't. It isn't. It isn't.
Speaker 4: It's not for everyone. Not everyone will fall into these gender roles. However, I've been around some motherfucking babies, baby boys that could look like steer a car real good, and I'm like, you're too. I've been around boys who just love boys shit and they want to wrestle.
Speaker 3: They do like at our core. There are things that are gender specific and I'm just wait, you.
Speaker 2: Drive a car.
Speaker 3: No in Philly, my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's your example of like masculine. Wait. I was like, where's she going with this?
Speaker 3: Men are good at driving it's true.
Speaker 2: Okay, that is not true.
Speaker 3: That at its best, Yes, men has.
Speaker 4: Like a coordination thing. I think they don't know like where they're going because I'm fast.
Speaker 2: They can get in that car. They have no fucking destination, but they can drive it.
Speaker 3: Well that's what they need it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: And Okay, our attention to detail is different, I think women, But.
Speaker 3: Then I mean different and not all the time.
Speaker 2: That's not I don't think these things are true all the.
Speaker 3: Time, bitch. I'm not proposing to anyone.
Speaker 2: I know. I still feel the same way. But I was like, do I here's it? But then I thought, and then I was like, is this something I want to unlearn I need to do? And then I was like, no, not really.
Speaker 3: I'm good certain things I don't want unlearn.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't. I think there's other things higher up on the list.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There. Once I accomplish these and then we'll think about that again.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love pink. She proposed to her man, I think he proposed to her and answer or something.
Speaker 2: And then my high school sweetheart, his wife proposed to him, and I remember like when that happened, I was like.
Speaker 3: She gotta want knee here.
Speaker 2: I don't quite know. I think she just like I think know they're on the couch and she was just like proposed to him with the ring. Uh huh.
Speaker 3: I mean I think it's very face right now, that face. I think it's very forward thinking.
Speaker 2: I love it. Yeah, I mean no, it's no for me.
Speaker 4: I just don't want to do it. I mean, I don't know who knows they're gonna fall in love with it?
Speaker 3: Like it was so dumb.
Speaker 4: He doesn't understand that he wants me to be his wife, and I'll do him the great face.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm already obsessed with you. The least you can do is proposed act like you want me, like I'm already giving you everything you would desire, because that's how I do. It's that's how I feel, that's how So the least you can do is shower me too with that diamond. It has to be something really interesting. I've been looking at rings online for what.
Speaker 4: I don't know, because it's my genetics, my anatomy.
Speaker 3: That wedding, wedding, we engaging husband, Oh my god, sounds so sad.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to. I don't. I don't know if I want already.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't I want to ring.
Speaker 2: I want to ring, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: And the ceremony doesn't have to be legal.
Speaker 2: I don't need it to be legal. I don't want it to be legal. I don't. As a matter of fact, I truly do not want to be married legally. I'm totally cool not being married legally.
Speaker 3: I'll change my last name. Maybe not. Maybe I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't want to change the last name. I'm good. Mm hm no, I like that. I like the way it looks like. I like my signature.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't see a better name than me.
Speaker 2: If you give me horror stories. Oh my god, oh my god, we have we have a horror story. Who stories? Oh yes, it's pretty nasty, filthy god, it's been a while since we've shared a horror story. My brother's coming in like ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay, it will take less time.
Speaker 2: We can sit in. We got a horror story from one of our loyal listeners, our day one, one of our day ones. She was so so generous, so generous, she shared this horror to us. I had a lot of questions that I messaged her about.
Speaker 3: You did I think, I think I do you haven't time some questions.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait, I need clarity.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, where is it?
Speaker 2: Her name is?
Speaker 3: Oh that.
Speaker 2: I was expecting that. I'm not expecting that.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, okay, okay, are you guys ready for this? Hey, ladies, please don't say my name, but man, is this epic to me?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 4: So I met this guy on tender last week and we decided to go on a date Friday, since that was when I would finally have a sitter. We chat it all week and I was very impressed by him. An athletic director for an elementary school, super witty and attentive. I even sent him the episode with Bjay because of the teacher stories, and he really listened.
Speaker 3: Of course, we talked about.
Speaker 4: Sex, but nothing that ever seemed pushy or imposing. Disclaimer I'm not a big drinker. And also no, wait, wait, wait, okay, So Friday comes. So Friday comes and we go for tacos and disclaimer I'm not a big drinker.
Speaker 3: And also don't judge my drinks of choice. I totally judged you. I have two Sangarius.
Speaker 4: We decided to go to a bar where I have a red Bull and vodka gross and the comfo is super flowing. Now with the music being loud, we have to get close and everything is right. We head to another bar where I take down two more red bull of vodkas. By now we were those people. We were making out, his hands on my ass, grinding all that. We decided to leave and go to my place. I was smacked, y'all. So to get to my place and I smoke a blunt.
Speaker 3: Oh god, and I'm done.
Speaker 2: That's what you went that's where you went wrong, the right bitched.
Speaker 4: I get in the bed and yell across the house to come in my room, laugh out loud. So she gets pop it and I'm the kind of drunk now where everything is spinning, y'all. When I was giving him head, I threw up all my tacos, bitch, and he says, keep going, and I did. I kept going, and everything was just wet and slippery. He was spitting in my mouth. Ooh, I don't know how long it took him.
Speaker 2: To almost five minutes. Yeah, close the door, please, thank you. Read the last line before.
Speaker 4: And he says to keep going, and I did. I kept going, and everything was just wet and slippery, slippery. He was spitting in my mouth. I don't know how long it took him to come, because I found about six condoms in my house the next day cleaning, but I remember him coming on my boobs and then wiping it like lotion. Apparently at some point we showered and changed the sheets before passing out. Needless to say, I spent Saturday with the hangover from hell. I've been wondering where I was going to find someone to genuinely explore that part of my wandering mind with me, and I've met my match and this is one hell of a first date story to have. Anyway, just spending the weekend processing this experience and hoping to be able to share more in the future.
Speaker 3: Love y'all.
Speaker 2: Wait, so what My first question was like, wait, so, when he came on your chest and he smeared it, did he also smear the throw up and they're just throw up everywhere? She said yes.
Speaker 7: I was like, oh my, that is disgusting. Bitch smiled and every Oh my god, how girl?
Speaker 4: Because I think I asked you the same thing like he must he said, keep going. He's a little nasty freak. Those teachers, Oh my god. Apartment of Education that's not freak.
Speaker 3: That's just like nasty. It's nasty.
Speaker 4: But you know the part is I've given head and felt myself almost like swallow it back down.
Speaker 3: He's Lord, no, no, Lord, Jesus never no. Please let me stay right here at the top. Let me stay right here.
Speaker 2: Break, give it a break, all right, Like we're gonna have to try and do something else. Yeah, bad hoary level ten, level ten, horri that's the ship I'm talking about. Yeah, and guys, please share more horriy.
Speaker 3: We're not even gonna say your name.
Speaker 2: No, just just share the wealth. Man, go back and listen to some of ours, and you don't give you confidence.
Speaker 3: You know, you probably need to tell of our own soon.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I mean no, I'm sure we have some. I'm starting to have some in the vault something, right. I got to rethink sometimes we should block those.
Speaker 4: Out right, I'm good at blocking shit out, but clearly for entertainment purposes, we needed to pull them out.
Speaker 3: We've been slacking our horries.
Speaker 4: And you know, I come to the conclusion because we get hories and some of them were just leveled two and rarely loved. And I come to the conclusion that everybody listening actually is listening for our horri stories, like maybe they're really scored. Like let's just listen to these crazy bitches for entertainment, you know, like so or else.
Speaker 3: You guys are just holding out, which I don't appreciate.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna think hard hard this week. All right, Well that concludes our episode. Make sure you go check out our merch we are actually doing. We're about to go to this meet up. We're not meeting. It's on meet up. This event on Sunday and Lamert Park. You guys, it's what is it called mask something. It's for kids. Your kids are your kids can come and you can come into arts and crafts and you can make these masks that represent your ancestry. It's a good even though maybe you don't know your ancestry because slavery, but your home is gonna be Like I'm gonna go with like what ancestry dot com told me, which is also probably a lie since they switched.
Speaker 5: Up on me.
Speaker 2: But anyway, we're gonna post the details on our Instagram. Remember I said I was Nigerian and then suddenly I wasn't Nigerian at all anymore. No, you're what like Cameroon and some other shit ivery coast anyway Sunday, Yes, and then we have some really cool events coming up in July, so look out for those. Also, make sure to subscribe to our email. Me and Jamila have a secret diary on there, and you're missing out on the.
Speaker 3: Real, real, deep.
Speaker 2: Intimate details of our really really incredible lives.
Speaker 3: Really really complicated.
Speaker 4: Also, if you're listening, subscribe and comment.
Speaker 2: Please, yes please, If you've been listening to our podcast, If this is your first time listening to our podcast and you've enjoyed it, please go to Apple Podcasts.
Speaker 4: Give us wherever you're listening, and we'll know the Spotify you can't, okay, wherever Apple SoundCloud, you can follow us.
Speaker 2: Okay, follow us and give us that five star, give us a review.
Speaker 3: Follow us on Instagram. On Instagram Mom's Underscore, Bad Choices, And.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's it. Bye,