Speaker 1: What is up? Mets fans, Welcome back to another episode of The Mets the Podcast. Today, we are gonna be going over our official Mets trade deadline predictions. Different than what we've done the past. We're gonna tell you the players that we think are traded, as well as who they're gonna go to and what players we're gonna get back. A lot of prospect talking this one, especially for some other teams since the Mets are major sellers. Before we get going into it, make sure you are subscribed to the channel so you don't miss out on any of the content coming at you, as well as if you're listening to us Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google drops a rating, drops review, download, and subscribe. All right, James, I got a pretty good list here. I've got one, two, three, seven guys. How many have you got in yours?
Speaker 2: I have eight guys on the list, six, five that will be traded, three that will not be traded.
Speaker 1: Okay, that no trade prediction in itself. Yeah, six and two. So where do we want to start? I'm gonna I'm gonna let you go first with a name. I think that'suld be Freddy Peralta. Yeah, okay, Freddy Peralta where you got him going.
Speaker 2: I think that the Mets and this team have had good relations this year, last few years. I think that makes it to go there. They've won the biggest needs. Freddy Pralta is going to the Chicago Cubs.
Speaker 1: Like we've said it all along, Okay, I went to the other south side. I knew you were gonna go Cubs. I'm going Chicago White Sox because they also need starting pitching. They're telling everyone they need starting pitching. Both both Chicago teams. I think one of them is going to get Freddy Pralta. That's it feels like a very good home for him.
Speaker 2: I have another big trade with us in the White Sox a different time on this list.
Speaker 1: Okay, So who do you think would come back from the Chicago Cubs in a Freddy Perlta trade.
Speaker 2: Again, I continue to wish into the universe Pedro Ramirez. I'm not sure if that winds up happening. I'm also not sure how much I love your You're Jackson Wiggins, Like he just seems like he keeps getting injured roast beef. I don't know if he's roast beef. I think that we're going to be able to shoot higher for Freddy Peralta. Again, kind of different than what it seems like in the the world right now.
Speaker 1: But I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like the Mets are going to really try to make sure they get a position player that can contribute next season, and to me, that lines back up with either Pedro Ramirez or Matt Shaw. Whether or not that's actually what the Cubs wind up going for me to be seen, but I think the Bets are going to stand firm on that line as long as they can.
Speaker 1: Am I crazy and saying I have zero interest in Matt Shaw? I think a little crazy.
Speaker 2: I understand like being weird about Mattshaw because of stuff he's done in the past, but he's probably a functional He's probably you know, he's probably a probably better version of Brett Baby.
Speaker 1: Oh why you gotta say that? That hurts my That hurts But like I guess the other thing is they've got to be able. Like Patro Ramirez is obviously the better player. Do you think that he's less available than Matt Shaw? Yeah, probably less available than Thatt Shaw. I mean Shaw has more of the pedigree. Shaw has, the college production, the high draft pick Shaw's played plus defense all over the diamond, even as much as he's not been able to hit this year, he's a league average bat plus defense in multiple positions. Trying out the outfield now doing okay, They're kind of getting hot and cold. Thankfully, he's changed the stance that destroyed him all of last year. He's he probably.
Speaker 2: Does become a productive baseball player in his future. He probably again lines up as a guy that can start at their other second base next year.
Speaker 1: Is a two to three win player. That's basically it.
Speaker 2: I think Ramirez is the same, but with more tools and someone I think probably has a brighter future.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, I mean, listen, those two teams do seem like a good one. I'm looking at the White Sox. I pipe dream Tanner McDougal would be great. I think he's a fringe top one hundred guy. I think that's very similar to the Cal Steven trade with the Blue Jays last year with the Guardians and the Blue Jays, where McDougall probably is close to making it to the major league roster but isn't there just yet. And for a White Sox team that would make this movie because they want to win right now. I think you'd go for a Freddie Peralta over a guy who's gonna be a fringe Major leaguer for your roster this year but could help the Mets in the future. He's got good stuff, like, he's got a pretty big fastball. Fastball grades out. I think that like sixty sixty five corn to Baseball America an MLB pipeline, so he's thrown in the mid to upper nineties. He's got a good curveball, good slider, not really a fourth pitch, but I feel like that's kind of the archetype that we're looking for in terms of on the pitching side. Close ish to MLB ready, Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think this trade deadline's going to be about the Mets getting close to the MLB ready guys, guys that will contribute to.
Speaker 1: This roster as soon as next season. I think that's a huge goal for the Mets right now, especially because, and it's gonna sound crazy in a trade deadline where we have them both trading six or seven, six to seven players that it's not a full rebuild. We're the Mets are not going to enter a rebuilding mode. It's kind of impossible to when you have two players making over three hundred million dollars on the roster, as well as a bunch of good young guys around them. They're not going to rebuild, They're looking to retool. Tanner, McDougal, Pedro, Miraz match all these could be all guys that help the Mets a lot more in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Definitely hopefully. Next one I think I want to talk about is Luke Weaver. Yeah, he seems to be the big hot button guy right now. He's the one that reports today by friends of foul Territory. Robert Murray could be the best reliever available at the deadline because the Red Sox are not going to sell and unsure if Mason Miller will become available for the Padres, which I threw that one to the ether.
Speaker 1: It's really catching steam these a little bit. Well do you think it's gonna happen with Luke Weaver? I think Luke Weaver's is gonna be the Pirates guy. I think They're gonna throw them basically into that closer role. They've just been such a mess at the back end of their bullpen this year, and Greg Risoto had his Cinderella run. But like at the end of the day, they do need more quality arms and the Pirates farm system is a little bit awkward for what the Mets could be looking for. Like of the close to major league ready guys we talked about Hunter Barco before, he's probably too good, especially because Luke Weaver has another year attached to him and the Pirates are probably gonna be a little averse to taking on so much money, so maybe the Mets would have to pay the entire thing if you want to bring in a Hunter Barco. Truthfully, I don't think the Mets, or definitely not myself. I don't have any interest in the password Tamar Johnson, who are the other kind of like knocking on the doorstep MLB guys, I'm looking a little bit further down. Antoine Kelly would be a fun one. Sammy Steffura is a name that's a little bit further away from the major league level, but he's had a great year at Hia. Also grew up a Mets fan local kids, so would love to see that. Thomas Harrington's name that's been thrown out. And then Wilburdotel I think is another guy who's like closest to major league ready. I think he's made his debut already.
Speaker 2: But I think the Pirates would be very afraid of how much money Luke Weaver's doing next season.
Speaker 1: I mean, Bob Nutting probably should be. But also then they take on money this year in trades with like Brandon Lau and all these and a couple of the other guys that they brought in, So maybe because it's a little bit more palatable, or maybe the Mets I'm assuming that if they trade with the Pirates in any situation, the Mets are gonna give some money, which I think they should to get a better prospect. They also made a trade what like last week to save two mil. True.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I for this reason, I think I think Luke Weaver's not getting traded.
Speaker 1: I do. I think Luke Weaver will stick with this Mets team through the deadline. I think that he's gonna be too high. If he's if he is considered as the best reliever available, you have to trade him, have to, you have to.
Speaker 2: Maybe it still depends, like what the kind of prospect package return you were just describing, and that probably would come with the Mets paying down money of Luke Weaver. You probably have to give the Pirates five MIL for them to even think about, I think.
Speaker 1: Accepting him.
Speaker 2: But then you're to me, I don't think you're getting a piece that's more valuable than Luke Weaver if you're this serious about winning next season, which it seems like the Mets are maintaining that. We've seen trades for relievers arguably better than Luke Weaver over the last few years that did not net the same I keep going back to the trade the Iris probably regret making last deadline getting a couple of fringy, major league caliber players for David Bednar. And if that's what David Bednar got, and I do think in the world of baseball, David Bednar would have been viewed slightly higher than Luke Weaver. And that was in a market last year where felt like relievers were going for a lot. Even think about the return we got the Carlins took from US Ryan Helsey last year. I don't think that would be a return that the Mets would say, yeah, that's more valuable to us next year for Luke Weaver next year than those guys will be over the next three years.
Speaker 1: So I think that with the money. Luke Weaver is in no trade for me. Yeah, I think he's definitely on the move. I think there's I will I would be shocked if the Mets don't move him. I think it would be a bad move by the front office. I understand what you're saying though from the play for twenty twenty seven. But at the same time, we know how finnicky relievers are, and while Luke Weaver's been great this year, do we think that it's as sticky as some of the other topper relievers in baseball. We've seen this happen in his own career.
Speaker 2: He fluctuates, But that I think is the exact thing the other teams will tell you when you're negotiating with them. You want a guy that's in your ten mail. But like I don't really have that much money. You have to throw this money in.
Speaker 1: I still don't want to give you any of my fit future value prospects. I think you're coming in very, very soft on the trade deadline with what what what guys are going to get? I know what we saw last year. Trade deadline last year sucked. There was nobody good moved well, I mean, and we're talking about Luke Weaver being the best reliever available. I know, but that's think about that. There's no there's no there's no depth, there's nothing. Nobody else is out there. There there's only one true seller. I think Luke Weaver's gonna get more.
Speaker 2: I I think it's not going to be enough to wind up trading him. I think we get through the deadline with him and whether and then we're gonna get leaked out the offers that came. We're gonna see what happened with other relievers. Yes, I just think if you don't get a player that's like better than a top hundred prospect, I don't see them doing it. I also don't see them getting that for a reliever. I don't see them getting a top hunchd prospects. Oh I'm saying I didn't name any top one hundred.
Speaker 1: That's I'm saying that even close. Yeah, No, of course I didn't think they would get a top one hundred guy for Luke Weaver.
Speaker 2: So I think what the Mets are going to wind up doing because these relievers standalone value is not going to be great. I think that they are going to give some packages. And that's why with Freddie Pralta. I'm never gonna quit that pipe dream for Pedro Mirez.
Speaker 1: I think that's a package deal with Brooks Rayley, and I think you you sandwich Freddy Peralta with Brooks Railey, AJ Minter Clay Holmes with the other one, and that's how you get your guy that you think is actually a starving caliber player moving forward with the major leagues. Okay, yeah, I mean I didn't pick any of the same teams just because I wanted to just spread it out a little bit more and talk about some guys. I had Brooks Raley going to the Blue Jays. I don't think the blue Jays think they're out of him. They've had no left handed relievers basically the entire year that have been any sort of good. So I think the Blue Jays are an interesting team, especially because I don't think that they're in the position to accept that they're not going to be trying to make a playoff spot still in what is a god awful American league. There's some fun guys down the line that like you could take a look at, maybe like a Kassovich, who's like a top ten prospect in their organization. Middle and field corner infield guy on the third base side. Some of the more fun names down the list, just that are close to major league ready. I wouldn't be shocked to the Mets. Look at Adam Maco as like an arm that's just like try he ready for a reliever who's going to be thirty eight or whatever. Brooks Rail is going to be in a hit free agency. Yeah, just someone that here, here, here, you go, give it a shot. Charles McAdoo played at the major league level this year, Like, that's what I would expect for the Mets. Back is kind of that utility depth piece guy. He was. McAdoo was last trade deadline, he went Pirates to Blue Jays, right, Yeah, he was for somewhere man.
Speaker 2: Was he the Spencer Orwitch trade or was he? Oh he was the IKF trade of easy to get those two mixed out?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 2: Wait, so that was we was talked about. That was portrayli All right, now, I'm gonna do the same thing aj mintor Clay Holmes package deal to the south Side Chicaguhen you were talking before, I was like, damn, we have the same idea. Well, Southside Chicago, those two together fix the White Sox.
Speaker 1: Well, what's hilarious is I have Clay Holmes going to the Chicago Cubs, so we go flop flop them. We just flip flopped it, which is kind of funny. But what do you think we're gonna get back from them in that kind of package?
Speaker 3: Big second half of the season coming up, there might be a hot ticket, a rivalry series, a sold out experience they need to get your hands on, and sea geek is the spot for that. You can find good, good pricing. They help you with the pricing green dot good, red dot not as good, and they help you with your view of the seat for some big matchups coming up in August, September and eventually leading up to playoffs.
Speaker 4: Why would you not use se geek if you want to view from your seat. You want to know if it's a good seat, if it's a good deal. It has all of it on the app.
Speaker 1: It's easy to use.
Speaker 4: It's one click boom. You buy the tickets, they send them right to you, get them on the app, and then you can go check out whatever game whatever you're a fan of, if you can go to whether it's baseball, whether it's concerts, whatever you're into, you can find a ticket and you can always try to find the green dot on sekk.
Speaker 3: And for MLB tickets, you can get ten percent off with that promo code running all season long Territory one zero. That's territory ten off your next set of MLB tickets at Sea Geek. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your accounts so you can use it later.
Speaker 2: So I went there because I thought that the Cubs would be much more aggressive this deadline than the White Sox. And if there's one or two White Sox fans that are listening to this, I'm sorry, I just don't see you guys like super hardcore pushing in. I think that's where this winds up as and I think we get just prospects down their system that aren't you know, are truthfully, I'm gonna say, this aren't that great, And I like we need kind of some middle infield depth in their minor leagues. William Bergola, I think he's someone that has like a little bit of upside to be a regular just as like a glove fit. I think that's kind of where we would be looking. We kind of just saw the White Sox be creative with moving Jacob Gonzalez to get some stuff. I see them being similarly creative in that. I still think Samuel Savalla could be a center fielder in the future. But I just don't think we're getting a ton for the half season of Clay Holmes plus a reliever, even as much as I want to think that there's a good piece coming back. I mentioned David Sandlin last week as well. I think that would be a great spot to be. Jettison Pie is who they got from. I believe the Red Sox.
Speaker 1: I think this.
Speaker 2: Offseason he is just a command guy, but there's no coaxing of stuff happening. I would love for us to coax some stuff, and I do, like Dander McDougall you before, but I think that might just be shooting.
Speaker 1: Too high for us. Yeah, I think if there was ever someone, it would be Freddie over Clay that that would get that, even though right now Clay Holmes was pitching way better than Frey Peul that ever has this year. But I think that's the guy who would get it. And then I'll just I'll briefly talk about my Clay Holmes to the Cubs, just because we've already gone over it. Some other names I think that could be on the move for the Cubs that are like prospectee. I think Jonathan Long, first base prospect, could be on the move from the Cubs. They have just kind of a logjam of guys that are eventually gonna need to play first base only, and I just don't really see him sticking around. James Treantos is another name that's been like fringe top one hundred, hasn't really burst through. I think he's another name that could be on a move, a utility ish type player for the Mets moving forward, if they were to go and trade for him. And then that's kind of it. In the names that I'm particularly interested in. There might be some other names. We'll find out more as we move along. Yeah, No, definitely, we want to go to next. I guess because you mentioned AJ Minter, I'll briefly just think I think he's I don't know why. It feels like a Saint Louis cardinal. AJ Minton feels like he'd love Saint Louis. I feel like that'd be a good home for him, and they're left handed pitching options out of the bullpen. I know Jojo Romero is the guy, but it just it hasn't been very good. I think they have one of the highest left handed bullpen relief eras and all of baseball, which against small sample. But there's a lot of fun names in the Cardinals system. Like do they move it to Coobi, who's kind of not like bursting through is kind of in that four A range right now. I think that would be a lot. That might be the top end that the Mets could get because he will be a major league starting pitcher. But maybe we get a little bit crazy and you go after some of the guys that they even brought in, like a yoker for a hardo, or you go for the control, controllable arm that's going to be bullpen in his entire life. Is this the tink Kents trade?
Speaker 2: Finally, the Tinkent's trade? Just make him a shutdown reliever like he probably, Oh we should have been. I mean, that's that's a funny thing with the Cardinals front office that acquired so many prospects in.
Speaker 1: Such a high volume this offseason. When you go out and acquire a prospect like that.
Speaker 2: From Heim Bloom's perspective, when you first get this job and get out your control, are you more prone to move those guys or more prone to just move the guys who've already been in your system for a while because you just you just refreshed with guys that fit your mold, things that you like, guys that you've identified more recently. And for those guys who strike out rate has climbed kind of expectedly this season. He looks like I do someone that probably next year becomes something like a top hundred prospect as long as the command hopefully maybe evens out at some point. But they they have an interesting system, But they're another team like do they buy? And I was struggling through struggling going through this because a lot of the teams that I think need these things, the Mets are offering starting pictures and relievers, like the Phillies could really use reliever, especially with the Brad Keller news that just came down. Yeah, I don't know if the Mets make a trade with him. They also don't have much in their system to move. The Braves could really use a star the We talked about that a lot last video. It would remain to be seen whether or not this Mets regime, David Stearns is willing to help the Braves, and I was just I was desperately trying to find a way to make a trade with the Yankees, because I think that's like one you.
Speaker 1: Got one, you put one on. I got one of them there. Who'd you do Louis Urrenz, Oh, perfect, Yeah, send them right back to the Yankees. I had him as a notre. I think the Mets are blown smoke with all his catcher stuff, but I think they'll try. I think they're definitely gonna try. I think if I think in the most respectful way ever, I think if you get a warm body that plays the field, they will take it. For Luis Torrentz like he's been a great backup. But if you get offered anything that you think can turn into a good baseball player or even a major league at some point, you probably should move on from your backup catcher who's now in a guaranteed contract. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: I think it's the exact same idea with Tyrone Taylor. I didn't even put him to yeah, because he's gonna go. He's going to wind up on some team that can just use a sturdy outfielder Phillies.
Speaker 1: He's the Philly guy. You think he's You think David Starns makes sure of the Phillies and is Tyrone Tailor. I think it's like as light as it could be. It's Tyrone Taylor. You can take him. He's gonna be your fourth outfielder, help out Justin Crawford against those tough lefties. But like otherwise, I mean, to me, that's like the Rays. You think, so, yeah, Tyron Taylor just wind up. He just him and Cedric Mullins center field platoon heading to the players. You've seen this already. We know what that looks like.
Speaker 2: It seems like it might work this other time around. But that's that's that's to me, like how those guys happen.
Speaker 1: I still don't know if the Mets are actually comfortable enough to get off a catcher because wake the catcher depths in the system we talked about last videos.
Speaker 2: Hate what I'm saying, give Hand's anger shot. I would love to see Hayte Sager get those reps the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, why not really? Actually? But yeah, kind of, I have nobody else. Those are all my guys, all right, I have one more.
Speaker 2: I think firmly gets traded. Luis Robert, Louise Robert, I think he gets traded. I think this is the Guardians. The Guardians love doing this every year. This is Lane Thomas. This is who's the other outfield that they made a half season move forward.
Speaker 1: I mean they traded for Miles Straw. Remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was another one like four years ago. We were like, oh yeah, there's another one.
Speaker 1: Just completely full find it. I'll find it.
Speaker 2: And I'm calling out a specific guy in their system who I like. It's kind of very similar to the draft pick we just made in Carson Wiggins, but it's Joey Oki, third round pick twenty twenty four. The Guardians gave him like fringe first second round money to try and to get him away from college. They did so, and he's just not progressed as they I'm sure they would have liked in their system. He is all stuffed, no command what to whoever, the command keeps getting worse. I could see them being like, it hasn't worked so far. We're down to basically sell low on a prospect like this and start to try a different one. And I can see the Mets being like, all right, we're down for another wicked ball of clay power pitcher dude who just looks like he can, at worst case scenario, develop as a frontline reliever.
Speaker 1: In a few years. Yeah, I mean, I I'm just holding on to the dream that he's gonna come back. He's gonna be great, and then he's just part of this team and I love him, and that's fine. It's let me have my dreams. But yeah, he's he's probably gone. As long as he like actually plays games before the deadline, I think you definitely will.
Speaker 2: Usually the news we're getting on him is that he should be back playing ball like next week. Okay, And if that's the case, like, that's gonna be a hell of a showcase.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to watch. I'm gonna have to get to the ball to the park early. Let us pay my respects. Watch one more Luis Roberts batting practice. Man, we haven't even seen one. I haven't been to the ballpark that early this year. I don't want to watched this team.
Speaker 2: And we also never really get home batting practice no matter how it really get to the ballpark. And besides that, I think a Bob trade is too far fetched. I'm not even gonna comment on a Francisco Lindor trade. I think Francisco Alvarez similarly won't happen. Hora Planco trade would really tickle me, but he has to really look healthy.
Speaker 1: These next two weeks, I saw a couple interesting trade rumors or I shouldn't say trade rumors, trade proposals thrown out by people about Uhjree Polanco and Luke Weaver, and I was like, yeah, I mean, if we got Lazara Montes back, I'm gonna I'm gonna pop champagne for that, for that whole that'd be unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I also did have one more, Actually, do you think, well, okay, go code Asanga.
Speaker 1: You think he gets traded. I have a feeling he gets traded.
Speaker 2: But I think there's only a few teams that would be willing to take this on to be a team that would have to give him incredibly specific instructions about how to be a high leverage reliever and help their playoff run this year. And when I narrowed that down, I got to the Yankees, the Guardians, the I think I think like the Phillies could pull it off. I don't see the Mets doing that, the rulers and then the Dodgers. But then you also have to have the money to be willing to accept code asanga. We talk about this every time, somewhere between thirteen and fifteen MILLI next season. I kind of think the Dodgers would take that on if we take a little bit of money off them, which is kind of a funny thing to say, but I do wonder as they still have high sunk him worth a few mil pothering around triple A and to us, that can be someone that can mix in utility guy next year have a shot to do something good athlete, and then I feel like that could be something that maybe possibly might happen, even though he's been terrible in the minor leagues. He's been terrible, and he's been the major leagues.
Speaker 1: Just has a way the equal that money be like, here's here's my problem, give me your problem. So just trading the two foreign players that we both don't want on our team for each other essentially change the scenery for both of them where they're from.
Speaker 2: Has nothing to do with it, but is part of the fact that each of these guys are kind of stuck out of the wall with their current organizations and maybe the other one can help you unlock something. And also at the same time being like we're taking out their team mill, you have to take four mil from us.
Speaker 1: That was a really nice way to say what you just said. That they've they've both hit a wall. They're stuck. Professional professional podcaster right here. But yeah, that's are gonna be active though. Are our official trade deadline predictions again? Francisco Indoor is not going anywhere for Squawbers. I don't think it's going anywhere. I don't think he's going anywhere. I don't think any of the big names are going anywhere. I also don't think Brett Batty, Ronnie Maurisio, Mark Martintos are going anywhere because I think they have zero value. Of all of them, I think Brett Brett Batty has the most value. I think the other two have literally nothing.
Speaker 2: I think the reason that they won't train him because he has the most value. I think the Mets see him as one of the twenty six guys next year one hundred percent still probably is.
Speaker 1: Probably If Brett Baty's your twenty six man, it's pretty good roster. Great roster. I mean That's that's what we're going for. The problem is that right now is one of the ten.
Speaker 2: So as we're recording this, we just got news that the game's actually moving up, oh because the horrible air quality's supposed to get even worse as we moved through the weekend.
Speaker 1: And really I thought it was supposed to be good by like Saturday. It's gotta be good by the World Cup. Yeah, I think by Saturday. All right, tomorrow's Friday. Whatever. Just don't go outside. It's simple as easy. Yeah, exactly. I couldn't even belve, like, walked out of my apartment this morning, a small the campfires like this house is real hot. Take love the smell. Yeah, I don't like breathing and inconsistent. It's definitely super unhealthy for us. Yeah yeah, that's a big one right there. But uh, prayers ups all the people in Northern Canada. Yeah right, and sorry, I mean na, sorry, I sucks a week to deal with your mess. Lit'tle reminder there. James about to move up the time because we got the Philly series coming up. But first, Mets Up is brought to you by FanDuel Baseball Fans. The MLB season is in full swing, and FanDuel is giving you the chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers. Join The action is easy. Just make a free pick on who's hitting a home run in their next game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home of home runs. I mean, it's Kyle Schwarber, right, Kyle Schwarber and Soda. If they're on there, you gotta pick them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've definitely would like this. I think Kyle Schwarber, especially against Chrisian Scott. This is coming to you guys, but after that game. But I think that we're gonna see some schwar bombs this weekend after the All Star stuff.
Speaker 1: So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast. To opt in for Daily Dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer. Playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 5: No purchase necessary often required. Bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 2: We've got more breaking news even after the game time being moved up on Thursday, which that's not gonna mean anything to you guys. Marcus Simion was apparently activated. Whoa Marcus Simeon back and Zach Short. You got clips complaining about Zach Short DFA it again. So if we know anything about when Zack Short gets DFA, Mets are about to go into magical run, capture our Hearts, produce a song, where's probably go.
Speaker 1: The NLCS hose. Glysias was posting Mets stuff with the own jack. That's that's really sad, right, I feel bad Rosaic Glasius. Maybe they'll give him like an ambassador role or something, but they it's kind of sad. They should let him do the hype man thing before the game. Like you're called the New York Mets. They were just gonna get trapped in the themg SI coastes forever. But I guess that's news. Marcus Simian's back, so you get to watch us play baseball again when.
Speaker 2: Louis Robert comes back, We're all these guys gonna play.
Speaker 1: We'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: I guess I was hoping Samion would just kind of coast through the end of July until he had to come back.
Speaker 1: Oh God, it would have been nice. But hey, I guess he's back early. He's ready to play. Who's he gonna be facing on the mountain? James?
Speaker 2: I love that those pitching matchups right now. The Mets and Phillies are actually some of the teams that disclose their matchups ahead of time, just because most teams don't because they don't have to until Friday. Makes fancy baseball absolute disaster.
Speaker 1: But the Phillies have a manicured their rotation so as to not have to let their best guys face uten because they have the Dodgers coming after us. It's a really nice tip of the cap. But Thursday, we're living in the past right now. Christians God versus Aaron Nola, Saturday four to five Sean and iyajesus Lazzar though left off, and Sunday one thirty five, the lappetizer for the World Cup Final. Nolan McClain versus Allan Wrangle the hell is Allen Wrangle.
Speaker 2: He's been kind of he kind of took Todd one Walker spot as like the mix and match fifth guy Rare Pitcher out of Mexico, which is kind of fun.
Speaker 1: He's not he misses bats. He's really not bad at all. I think he could actually so to He's he's Alan Ron healll for sure, Alan Ron Hell, that's my bad. I kind of like calling him Wrangle though, Wrangle, I mean spelling wrangle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alan Wrangle, but Alan Ron Hell, you guys just saw this team destroy us. I feel like that probably happens again. I don't know where this Mets team energy level is going to be out of the break. We're gonna learn a lot, I guess on Thursday at the weird game of the Weird time.
Speaker 1: I just it's kind of laid down mode for the Mets.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Phillies, Brewers, Dodgers, Braves, Marlins right out of the break, and then Guardian's right when Jose Ramirez comes back, We're we're facing teams in the playoff race like in perpetuity.
Speaker 1: I feel like I saw a graphic that said that we have the second hardest schedule in the second half, which means that there's no shot that the Mets are not selling by the way, guys to tie back to this video, and I did see and people saying like, but what if we come out hot by the trade deadline. I think the Mets could go win thirteen of their next sixteen and there's still seven games under five.
Speaker 2: Hundred, Like even the Red Sox winning nine in a row, Like if we win nine in a row, wo'd still be like eight games under.
Speaker 1: God, it is depressing.
Speaker 2: The Mets have zero percent chance to wedge back into the season. I give credit to Wan so though and all of his media availability the All Star festivities to be like, hey, you know, we like, we know we haven't play well enough. We just gotta get hot and die this thing together. Not going to happen.
Speaker 1: No, the Mets win nine in a row, they'll have one more win than the Washington Nationals have. Right now, that's crazy. There's no shot.
Speaker 2: It's oh by then they'll have Obviously it's over. Everyone watching his nose.
Speaker 1: It's over.
Speaker 2: But again, looking at the way the Phillies even lined up their pictures, I know Christopher Sanchez started in the like the All Star Game, and I know that you want to give Zach Wheeler more of a break because of everything he's gone through it in recovering from his cos this year. But they organize so their best two pitchers would not face us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take advantage of it. Why not.
Speaker 2: Let's go think about that for a second. That's that's where they, I guess, take advantage of it.
Speaker 1: Have fun.
Speaker 2: I would like to beat the Phillies, but I just I'm gonna watch this game just to watch Aju and Carson.
Speaker 1: Bencha wants so though for Cisco Lindor, Fryisc Lindor. Of course Boba Shadow like to see that Marky Simeon, Marc Siman's back. He's not starting. I don't know what's going on with this guy. Maybe he's just gonna revert back to being a lefty guy. I don't know what's gonna happen with this team for the next two months. And guess what, you'll still listen to us and watch us. That's how you'll learn because you probably don't want to watch every ending of every game. That's why we do it. Thank you guys for watching. You know the drive from here on out. Subscribe to us over on YouTube if you're enjoying the video content. If you're listening to US Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Drops, The Ring Drops, review, download, and subscribe. You can follow James on social media at James Shanna not draftick Mark. We'll catch you guys on the next one. Peace Out, peace out, guys. It's go Mets.