Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 2: I'll go from.
Speaker 3: You don't want to.
Speaker 4: Don't want to ask your question?
Speaker 5: Real good.
Speaker 3: Let's just keep it real straight shot with no chaser. I'm gonna get a little bit ruptured. I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: Those who really believed in the American process, all of us Street shot, no chase, shut with your girl Tessom figure out on the Black Effect podcast net Workwork What's having Everybody Tendsom Figure straight shot no chaser here on our Heeart Radio. Make sure you follow, subscribe, make sure you send it out to five friends.
Speaker 5: You know y'all say, y'all so love support black media. We really do need your support now more than ever, and it doesn't come from just one person.
Speaker 3: We need you, not five friends.
Speaker 5: Jay, we needed to tell ten ten tail, twenty twenty tail thirty like seriously, seriously, seriously. This is not about bad begging. It's not about trying to be popular, Jade. It is about what it is period new It's not profitable, it's not popular. Some days it is, some days it's not. So we need everybody to literally tap in, and I need you guys to tap in because as we go through this belt to ask, because this is the Belt to Ask program that we own. As we go through Belt to Ask, I'm going to be giving information, real time solutions, Shade, You're gonna hear me say them over and over and over, the same ones, over and over and over, because we can't catch everybody, and we need to be repetitive on what people can do right now. Because in myself, it's great to have these long term visions. It's great to talk about what we need to do in the next one hundred years.
Speaker 3: It's great to.
Speaker 5: Talk about in the next fifty, the next twenty five. We need to build our own industry up. We need to do for self, We need to this for that. It's great to sell these ideas of being completely free of government interference, which by the way, is not possible in America.
Speaker 3: We're in America.
Speaker 5: Everything you report, everything you have unless you're gonna Are you starting a Department of Treasury? Are you starting your own arrests? Are you starting your own common Department of commerce? Like I'm all about to do for self, But I'm also about doing not doing lies, and giving people actual, real solutions that make sense while still trying to gain as much independence as we possibly can. Yes, and everybody Jay can sell hair products. Everybody can't sell moisturizer. Everybody can sell lotion. Do we have a pharmaceutical industry?
Speaker 4: No, we don't.
Speaker 5: Where's the scientist that's making the medicine. Where are the farms because according to my records, the black farmers, we have to sue for them to have access. Yes, And how many people got chickens at their house with this egg shortage?
Speaker 4: I don't have one, but I'm thinking about renting one.
Speaker 5: Like real talk, Like let's stop, we gotta there's a dupe for sale. But I'm gonna be honest when we say we're not our ancestors. No, our ancestors actually got a better shot because they knew how to fish, knew how to.
Speaker 4: Can food yeap, knew how to hunt, knew.
Speaker 5: How to hunt, knew how to sew, knew how to stretch things, knew how to live together, knew how to build community. What we know how to do go on social media and talk. That's no offense, It's just what it is. This is why I'm pushing micro organizing. Micro organizing in your town. Fifty people, twenty five people, one hundred realistic things. Jade because bell to ask is on the way.
Speaker 3: Bell to ask is on the way. Tell him what do you mean by bell to ask? It means.
Speaker 5: This is what America wanted. People got tied the Democrats. I'm with you, I was too. People said the Democrats was weak.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. People said they don't give black people enough. I'm with you. But now the alternative was Trump. People said, I'm of old Trump. I don't care. Let you know.
Speaker 5: They need to learn lesson bet Well. Now, Jay, we're in the lesson finding that mold. That means it's gonna get worse before it get better, before either Republicans get it together, or Democrats get it together, or whoever the Do for Self movement get it together. Whatever it is, we gotta get there. It's gonna get harder before it get worse. It's not a scare tactic. It's not trying to make nobody you know, afraid, but your damn show better be concerned. And the belt to ask is when big Mama will tell you to go outside. If you're from that generation, get a switched, get your own switch. So what America has done is pulled its own switch off the tree. And now it's belt to ask on March thirteen, massive federal layoffs are in play.
Speaker 3: Massive. You're in the Maryland area, right in.
Speaker 5: The heart of DC. Yep, DC, yep, right there. When we look at the median income, let's just go by facts. I know, due for self ain't ain't a you know, ain't big on this, ain't big on people having jobs. But somebody actually got to have a job sometime. Everybody can sell hair products. And when the people that do sell help hair products, somebody gotta buying.
Speaker 3: So nothing wrong. Who would having a job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So just so you know, and the median household income for the DMV that's DC, Maryland and Virginia in two thousand and two, that number was one hundred and nineteen thousand, eight hundred and three dollars. So that was back in two thousand, excuse me, twenty twenty two, and now we're in twenty twenty five, you know, so that is still significantly above the average.
Speaker 4: You know, people are making.
Speaker 2: Money down there, and it's because the largest employer in the DMV is the federal government tas.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: So these massive layoffs that are about to happen, guess whore getting hit. I know, we like to say Oh, white people don't get hit worse just in sure numbers, We got that. But who's gonna be Who's gonna have a better chance in an unemployment line? White man or the black man? Oh the white men? Yeah, it ain't Nona d a I too. So nobody got to hire anybody based on nothing. So who who's going to have a better chance? White man and black white man? That's the bottom line. That's the bottom line our middle class if as far as black middle class is concerned, if people make more money in DC, as far as employer is concerned, that's like a good chunk of our middle class.
Speaker 4: Definitely.
Speaker 2: But this is the thing to tas the median household income in the DMV decreased by ten thousand dollars in twenty twenty three. So you know how I said, in twenty twenty two it was like one hundred and nineteen thousand dollars and some well, in twenty twenty three was one hundred and eight thousand dollars. So people already struggling. Just in general, people are already struggling the economy and inflation is doing what it does, and so that is definitely impacting the household income so now with all of these layoffs and folks just losing their jobs and everything else going on, these terarists are about to hit. I can only imagine what that looks like in the DMV with them being the largest federal government, you know employer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and USAID found eighty two thousand.
Speaker 5: So I found even lord than that that the average was eighty two thousand, but forty percent earning one hundred thousand or more. But again, all of these things you just mentioned. The tariffs are hitting next week, then you say it was next week, yes, a March four, So March fourth.
Speaker 2: We Trump already said it's already set into motion, twenty five percent tariffs on goods from Mexico and Canada and ten percent tariffs on goods from China.
Speaker 5: And even though we're putting the tariff on them, well, oh well, they're goods coming over here.
Speaker 3: So that means it's gonna go up. Correct, that's just math, that's just gonna go up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And listen, any type of supply you have for your let's say you do have a black business, especially if you have a black brick and mortar, if you have things that are being shipped in, how can black, the average black business owner compete with this level of you know, inflation and with these tariffs, and so folks are talking about do for self. I'm all about self determination, but we have to look at the full context of everything that's happening and be really rational about what we're saying.
Speaker 5: Well, that's what BELTAZ is all about. You know, you can't we're at a state of a place now, Jay, that warning doesn't matter. You know when people's said Project twenty twenty five wasn't real, Well, the one that came in to make these cuts and said that these cuts would be immediate, it's actually Russell Voight who was one of the authors of Project twenty twenty five. He's over the Office of Management and Budget that is doing these massive layoffs. So you know, we can say it was a scare tactic, say it wasn't real, say.
Speaker 3: It really don't matter. Well, none of that matters.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get a chance to see in real time, like how does this gonna affect everyday people? The really we really are with medicaid now saying you know what, y'all need to go to work if y'all want to get medicaid.
Speaker 3: The poor people disabled.
Speaker 5: All of that, you need to figure out how to go to work, need to literally figure it out, even though seventy percent already go to work, school and some type of program. No, they want that extra thirty percent that can't work, because let's be clear, a lot of people literally can't work, like literally can't be on my friend or you know, my best friend is paralyzes, literally can't sit in the chair for a certain amount of time without getting sores and feet, just had its toe imputated from too much pressure from even Uber driving. I know people Jay that is given everything they got.
Speaker 3: How many how many Uber drivers do you know?
Speaker 5: Their driver with sticks because they paralyzed. They ain't telling you somebody that's trying to do everything they got. I don't know what else.
Speaker 3: So what happens with him.
Speaker 2: With the medical Uh what do you call that medical insurance? Right?
Speaker 5: He's on Medicaid, he's on those those types of programs. So what happens with the seven, eight, nine times pills? He got to take a day for various health issues from being paralyzed. This is the real deal. The people ain't don't want to talk about. This is about to hurt, Like we really literally hurt people for real, and we're gonna be hurting bad. It's not a scare tactic. So the only other ways is for people to see it in real time. They can't warn you because that didn't work. They said, that's just being a Democrats shield and just capping for the LGBT, the initiative or whatever it was. So once we get through all of that, what is it going to look like? And I am hard on Democrats. I know Democrats ain't being shit. I'm hard on them, Jay, but I'm just telling you this all the way went all the way to the right getting rid of the Department of Education. I just talked to my best friend who we've had on the show before. I should have been a teacher twenty five years. They are now going to a four day work week. Teachers doing a four day work week in a society where children.
Speaker 3: Are already behind in China. Wow.
Speaker 5: And the teachers are gonna get a brunt of it because when they can meet their expectations and they can't meet their marks, they won't have no job either. So this is about funding, you know, I pretty much always feel like teacher is a safe job.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day.
Speaker 5: I can go teach. I don't even know if that's true anymore, Jade. So now the five days a week, that's not enough for the children. Now you gotta do it in four days a week because they can't afford to keep.
Speaker 3: The doors open.
Speaker 5: She said that almost have the school ain't been showing up because of immigration.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is with my education consulting what I've been saying around the country. I've been checking in with principles and stuff, and attendance on average has dipped about fifteen to ten percent. Parents coming to schools trying to have PTA meetings and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Forget about it. A lot of them are scared, they're not doing it.
Speaker 2: And to some of the you know schools I've spoken to, ice has actually shown up. So people are scared people are not coming to school. And also it's just impacting a lot of systemic things.
Speaker 5: And when people don't come to school, you can't count them for funding. They get paid for a child exactly. So again, if immigration is your issue, and you're like Tess, I'm with it because we need to clean it up. Okay, I'm just telling you the road's gonna be bumpy through this cleanup. It's kind of like if in a relationship and you say, y'all know some people like I don't want to go to counseling because I don't want to have to open up those wounds, you know, I don't want to have to deal with it. I'm just let you know, we're just getting ready to have to deal with it. We're getting ready to have to deal with it. If you think Trump and then over there playing in Gaza and that holy ward that's been going on for hundreds and hundreds of years, and there's no consequence to that, I guess we're gonna see in real time. That's called bell to ask, definitely. So we're just gonna have to see in real time midterms next time. It'll be simple. If you like the way things are going now, continue on. You want to get rid of the Department of Education. Bet want more federal layoffs? Bet if you say this money we're gonna save is all of a sudden gonna make a difference in your everyday life. Bet we'll see. If it do great, I'm rooting for us all but do But if it don't, you have another decision to make. No more talking about what's going to happen. We are in the phase of actually finding out Democrats have thrown their hands up. I hate to say it, Jay, because I love to see them be fighters, but I also want to tell y'all know, they can't be Trump. What else can they do? He got the House, the Senate, the courts. They're not a better marketers than him, They're not better organized. I'm just telling you true. They can't beat them on his messaging. Every day is a press conference for him. He got the digital they got the digital discipline with regurgitating their.
Speaker 3: Stories over and over and over and over.
Speaker 5: They got the am market lockdown, the podcast market lockdown, the cable news lockdown. So how can a Democrat be do any campaign against them other than people fucking around and finding out exactly I get it for Gress's man, Oh, they need to be speaking up. Why this is what everybody said they wanted. Yeah, but the people won't be hurting as a result. But this is gonna be their campaign. They don't have, you know, they don't have anything else to run on except.
Speaker 3: What just happened. I wouldn't be surprised of all of a sudden, some magical you know.
Speaker 5: I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I wouldn't be surprised some magical pandemic appears all of a sudden the blame shit on that, because we're not gonna have a pandemic to.
Speaker 3: Blame it on.
Speaker 5: This is just actually going to be about what happened this year, moving forward and the results of it.
Speaker 2: Definitely, And honestly, we're only thirty something days in, so this is the first thirty days. What is the next And I think you say he's already completed forty percent or what's the pen.
Speaker 4: He's already completed.
Speaker 2: As of Monday, he had already completed about thirty five percent of his agenda of everything he said he would do within the first one hundred days. So since my day, he's also signed additional executive orders and has given out more order so he's really on track for accomplishing all the things he said he was going to do in the first one hundred days. Remember, on day one, there was controversy. You know, we're kind of like, well, he said he's going to sign one hundred executive orders, Like really, we're going to see if heed he signs one hundred executive orders. On day one, he actually signed like two hundred. So there's that Trump is he ain't playing. He's not playing. He's very organized his team and they're ready.
Speaker 4: They came in. They didn't just get into office and figure out what they were gonna do.
Speaker 2: They have been planning this for the last four years.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: So hey, guys, bilta ass, bunker down. I appreciate all my brothers. We're gonna have a good, ig healthy debate on it, you know, about what does it mean to do for self? And we gotta be yo, okayalking about in the next fourteen days? Though, what do people do in the next fourteen days? Y'all y'all not building these industries? Y'all talking about in fourteen day why they ain't been built it? So I'm not against it, But in the next fourteen days, what do you do? So I am telling you, I'm gonna keep telling y'all three things. Save save your money, get your everyday expenses down, cut out whatever you can. I have had several people, may be four or five people, and my family's asked to borrow money in the last thirty days.
Speaker 3: It hurt me a lot. I just couldn't do it. I literally just can't do it.
Speaker 5: I can't depend on you giving me that two hundred back in two weeks. I literally have to hold onto everything I have period. You bet you can come live with me. You can come sleep on the floor and contribute some in this house, you know, to make it work. But that's all I got. All I got is a pillow off you. I can't give no more resources, Jay, say, reduce your resources. This ain't the time to be doing no risky nothing. I'm even worried about.
Speaker 3: You know. I got rental houses.
Speaker 5: They always buyd one of them just is getting put off the Section A program. I don't know if it's gonna be Section A programs, yeah, to cover to cover people's rent Like, I'm just telling you the real deal, Jade, Like the real deal. Now, I could sit on here and lie and tell y'all do for self, open up shampoo business. I can tell you the truth. This ship about to get rough as far as me. Pack this shit up, go back to the house I own. Not the fanciest house in the world, but it's roof over my head. Just telling like, that's that's really where we are with shit, Jade. It's a four bedroom, yea four bedroom. I got three bedrooms. I got to sell the three bedroom bed I got a four bedroom. That's enough for me, my baby, a couple other family members will stack it up.
Speaker 3: That's right, Like, that's just.
Speaker 5: You better realize what it is. You'll be playing us a garden in the backyard. You know what I'm saying, Like straight up, like I'm telling y'all what really.
Speaker 3: The real deal?
Speaker 2: Yes, and I am seeing that HUT programs are at rest.
Speaker 4: And I just sent you. I sent you that article.
Speaker 2: The Housing Choice Voucher Program, a rent lifeline for low income families, faces of funding shortfall as the layoffs target the Federal Housing Agency. Wow, in this program, this HUT program has been around, or this Housing Choice Voucher program has been around for fifty years.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: It provides rental assistance for some two point three million qualified households annually.
Speaker 5: We send that to my team right now, sending it in real time. Definitely see the lady that one of the ladies in my house. It's another thing, guys, when y'all get in these programs, stay in these programs. Don't do nothing to get put off. Turn in what you're supposed to turn in, Do what you're supposed to do. Do whatever you get off these programs, you ain't getting back in. That's why my next move I'll be announced in about six weeks or so. And y'all better get in everything you wanted to get in. You better get in now, because they shutting that shit down, Jade, they shut everything down across the border. I'm just giving you the rell say second shack. When I say shack again, I'm talking about living with people, going back home. My baby going to college. I already told her all that after college, you going here, going there, you come right back to the house.
Speaker 3: Yep, do whatever you need to do here. We can figure it out.
Speaker 5: Ain't no rush, don't worry about trying to go be on your own all they Oh no, no, we gotta figure this out. The relationships that y'all say, y'all tired of. Better figure it out.
Speaker 3: These men with these side holes. You better figure it out.
Speaker 4: To get better.
Speaker 5: Get down to respectable too, instead of hey not. I'm keeping it real. You can't afford it, brother, y'all struggling figure it out, may get some discipline in your life. Businesses all about combining resources. Last night I was with my Amheart family, my revote family. Hey, we gotta figure it out. We can't afford to be in those solos. Y'all got a client that want radio. Hey, y'all want to get TV too. We gotta client want TV.
Speaker 3: Y'all want radio two. You know what I'm saying, like, come together, figure this out. P R me, you, Michelle, Michelle b. How can we put out together? Okay? J? Can you write a press of leasa? Kay? Boom? Can I do this? Can I do that? How do we package these services?
Speaker 5: Stack this shit? That's why I bring you to all my gigs, all my stuff. We can't afford to be no, we gotta figure it out. Come on, Let's get it out.
Speaker 4: It has to be consistency, and we have to do multiple things at the same day.
Speaker 5: Damn jobs, overqualified, overworked, worked to the bottom, underpaid.
Speaker 3: That's the new play. I want to hear J. But that's the play.
Speaker 4: It's a survival at this point.
Speaker 5: It absolutely is. I'll be moving in with you and you and your mom here soon. The news that's will really will be the news desk, right And I'm telling you I'm not I'm not trying to put Parannoya with people.
Speaker 2: Jad.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to get people real advice shack. Then the third one strap two way protect yourself crime is real. Protect yourself and don't be running around and having no baby. Strap up on that too. This ain't the time. I know, everybody all I better have baby for This is the first time I've ever wonder, damn, should I have had a baby? And I love being a mother and I love you. I've never thought about that, Jade. But I was at dinner last night with my friend got two kids, and we was like, we're in the third quarter of life, Jada, first quarter? What's she She still got eighty ninety eighty ninety years in the game, hopefully. Hm, what what is the ship gonna look like? I don't like what is looking like, Jade, but I want to remain hopeful. I want to remain that. But I will say this and closing so the people don't be like, damn, let me go jump out the room jump. I'm just trying to get people as realistic options as possible.
Speaker 3: But I will say this, Jay.
Speaker 5: One thing I do know is when it when they when them white folks start getting affected, they kind of started making some changes.
Speaker 2: They take it to this. They gonna get gangster want to they're gonna turn up. We're want to see all the types of meltdowns and then you will see.
Speaker 5: Yep, that's right. So the white folks might be able to save themselves. We're gonna see black people. Don't We done did all we can do. But let's see if the white people go. Because when it started affecting their money, when they should start, you know, then the all case shit kind of started looking different, definitely, So that is some hope that they may. I don't think we can save them, but they might be able to say themselves. Because I know one thing to show the people in all the people in Hollywood that told Joe Biden to get off the ticket and set that up for that whatever they thought this was about to be. When people ain't able to buy their tickets and go to their concerts and investigate shit and you know, help them with their movies and do all that, when it kind of, you know, start hitting home a little bit, definitely, they got to start giving more money than they trailer park cousins and you know all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe they'll switch it up.
Speaker 2: I've just never seen anything like this before. It's has and i know you're not the conspiracy theorist type, but I am.
Speaker 3: I can be. You know, somebody can.
Speaker 2: There's theories is real though, like some of this is real, yeah, because I'm like, yo, like when they didn't prepare a bench because Biden say he was going to run for one term, did they plan this the whole time?
Speaker 4: Because this was just an.
Speaker 2: Epic failure of a failure of magnets great proportions, and we're seeing what Trump can accomplish within the first thirty days. I don't know, It's just like this just seems like just a concerted effort to just do a complete overhaul, and the Democrats did not fight hard enough, they did not do their due diligence. And the American people, I'm sorry, American people actually wanted this.
Speaker 3: They voted for it.
Speaker 2: So it just seems like it's just so many layers to this. But it's just a huge shakeup. I know people that are impacted by the annoyances of emails from Doge talking about sending your full bullet points to you know. I know people who have been off and they have not worked in an office for over four years or however long, and now they're back in the office. There's no parking spaces, there's limited you know, workspace in some of these government these federal offices that have really been downsizing their physical space, Like folks are heavily, heavily, heavily impacted and then also on edge even more. I know senior level government employees that have had to have sit down conversations with new government federal government employees that were on probation that had to get fired because that was like one of the first directives, right, anyone who's in that grace period who are.
Speaker 4: New hires, get rid of them.
Speaker 2: M hm. So not sure how these agencies are gonna function, Not sure what tax season is gonna look like. People depend on their refunds. A whole bunch of IRS workers have been fired. This is just a colossal shit show. Since it is I my friend of works for the government. He was like, oh, no, we're gonna be fine. We're gonna be fine.
Speaker 5: They're gonna just he disliked it with everything sometime be irritake because he just sees one of them guys is just believe in trying to keep calm and don't worry about it, and know they said we're gonna make our own discretion. Oh yeah, he's back at the office now, bank at the office. My best friend also back at the office, was working from home.
Speaker 3: Back in office.
Speaker 4: Interesting looking at people all day.
Speaker 5: And I know some people that I kind of miss being in office. I do like going to the office when I get a chance. But this is not even about an option at this point. This is just what you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: People who have been at home have not had to drive or spend gas or all that extra time, you know, commuting from you know this place of that place. I mean, especially with these gas prices, that's a whole other expense that you have to factor into your household, especially if you have multiple people in your household that now have to commute and go into the office just because they said.
Speaker 5: So yep, well, hey, y'all say that was taking a mental health break and tapped out and you know, said, y'all done with it. So this would have looked like and I know some people that's been struggling with it and it was really hard for him to go into the office. They got a job at home because they were able to function better.
Speaker 3: They don't care. But none of that they're telling y'all get over that mental health and get over that anxiety.
Speaker 5: Bring your ass back in the office, right, Some people do function better in the office, So I ain't gonna lie about that. It will be a lot of slacking at the house. Everybody can't have that level of discipline. I mean, we're just gonna be honest about it. I missed, but I've been self employed back and forth at home, you know, for seventeen years, so I do like going to the office. You know, today I alsopos to go to the office, But to your point, I don't have to, and I wasn't gonna spend the month. So when I'm in Atlanta, I'm ubering most times.
Speaker 3: So I'm not rich.
Speaker 5: I know the rest of them like to pretend they're rich, but I'm not. So I'm like, girl, I've been at home, but like I have went. I had to go to an event last night. Shout out to angela guie event with her. But I go, like, if I have to go, you know, I'm not gonna spend money just to go, to your point, like for what, you know, just to go just to go. I'll be in the office all day tomorrow because I got you know, to film. But other than that beautiful office too, and I actually enjoy sometimes just getting out of the four walls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, we have to see what's going on with this government shut down.
Speaker 2: We know that a spending built like a spending package was approved in the House, and so we have to see what happens next.
Speaker 4: At this point, if you ask me, things are running like.
Speaker 2: I want to say organized, prim with a mafia, I would just say super organized.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Organized.
Speaker 2: And it's very efficient by the way, right, because when you have all three branches of government on the same page, and they're on the same agenda, and they're answering to and they have loyalty to the same person, for the most part, things get done.
Speaker 4: Hella hella, hella fast hello.
Speaker 5: Well that and plus they don't give it down, so you know, going through the right for you know, the we gotta go through Congress, they gotta get approved.
Speaker 3: They got this, it got that.
Speaker 5: Trump is shown you how fast things can happen. But it's bruling by his authoritative authority, not authority authority and government you know, executive orders just doing you know, that's not the way people have wanted to rule, but that's the way it got to be moving forward, moving forward to Democrats get back in, y'all got executive order, all the same shit, and and let tell Congress to catch up.
Speaker 3: You gotta. That's how it's gonna be moving forward definitely, so we'll see baby. Well, I don't mean to be doom and gloom, you know.
Speaker 5: But I did want people to know, like this is for real, guys, and I want you to prepare. Bunker down and prepare. I do believe there's a bright side, but right now, I just got to look at what's in front of us. So if you know people in the government jobs, jobs, if you got friends, it's saying I'm gonna be fine, it's gonna be all right. Start telling them guys to prepare. A lot of these government people ja they can't just trans transfer those skills into other work environments. That's people don't understand because telling my sister, like you almost retirement with a teacher, but being a teacher, it's not like home Depot gonna hire you to run the HR department. You're literally a teacher, that's all you've done. They don't hire you in corporate And you know what I'm saying, like you don't so a lot of those government jobs a specialist somebody been a specialist for whatever whatever, you know, special projects, gs or living, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: Where do they go in the private sector.
Speaker 5: I do know there's some jobs, but it's not like you know, those jobs are very specialized jobs.
Speaker 2: And then there's jobs, and some of these skills may be transferable to some nonprofit organizations, but even those are these our profits.
Speaker 5: They ain't even about to be funded exactly. So you can't definitely be going to nonprofit. That's the last place hiring you. So you got to go back into the public sector and to the corporate sector. And I can't tell you right now.
Speaker 3: I've been in.
Speaker 5: Corporate America a long time. The only jobs that are halfway secure off anything is the jobs that know how to bring money to the table, literally bring money to the table.
Speaker 4: You mean, like banking, real estate or whatever, not.
Speaker 3: Even because that's way no customer.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying hustle like whatever it is that you're in, like a conversation you and I were having offline, Like when I when I'm partnered up with somebody, I'm not just partnered up in a you know, a one directional way. I'm looking at sales. I'm looking at marketing, I'm looking at pr I'm looking at you know, what do you bring to the table. You know, in addition you know that that where's your value at? Are you growing the company's bottom line in one way or the other. So, whether it's banking, marketing, really whatever, you know, do you need workers? Everybody doesn't do that. But if I gotta, if I gotta keeping employee, and I got one that does a great job, and one to do a great job but also adds other value, other things, you know, other things that can either help me make money or they bring me money if I can secure more just some a small but you know, we talk about this all the time, just on a small business. If you on my team allows me to bring in three, four, five contracts, you are now a more a more attractive candidate than somebody that just can do what they do, you know what I'm saying. So you have to there's a way I gotta be able to look at you, Jade and say does this person increase my bottom line?
Speaker 2: Mm hm?
Speaker 5: Because you're standing around, sitting around and you and you're not doing enough that I can either either you bringing money in or I can go get money because of you. Those are the people that that's gonna survive. And even then we're still gonna be underpaid and overworked, definitely. So when people say what they ain't gonna do and I ain't gonna be able to do it all that, well, guess what it's gonna be ten people behind you that will because the market is gonna be flooded with unemployed people.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Well, a lot of folks in media are now unemployed.
Speaker 3: That's the right.
Speaker 2: Make sure folks subscribe to Straight Shot and No Chaser and make sure they support. Sure you support. We got forty eight episodes, so we good for forty eight episodes. But after that, I don't know what it's gonna be. But I know what's gonna be with me because I'm already playing in my transition. Hey, y'all don't want to support media.
Speaker 3: I'm just keeping a real jay.
Speaker 5: Like y'all want to support media, y'all want to get behind black media, y'all want. Hey, I'm working on playing, but like that's just what it is.
Speaker 3: You got us.
Speaker 5: You gotta start. What's the next plan, what's the next move? You and I are in education, So worst case, I guess we can go teach fifth grade. Is it gonna be a fifth grade though?
Speaker 4: Oh man, it's probably hot days a week.
Speaker 3: That's wild. You're rid of the Department of Education. Are y'all hearing this?
Speaker 4: That's wild?
Speaker 2: Shout out some of all my babies out there with i EPs and you know, special accommodations. We gotta really make sure we're advocating for them too. They can't get lost in this conversation about getting the having the Department of Education shut down.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Jade, this is a mess. I mean, it's a mess.
Speaker 4: It's topian horrific.
Speaker 3: It's gonna get words before it get better. Guys.
Speaker 5: So I don't know, I don't know. Well that was kind of a sad episode. I guess I'll go drink some wine. But keep your head up, guys. I'm just I gotta give y'all the real deal.
Speaker 3: I really really do. Town Hall March thirtieth in Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 5: If you're in Atlanta, the goal of this is for you to be in the room, not with just buy the forty five dollar ticket.
Speaker 3: Every last dollar is going to somebody in that room. Just so y'all know.
Speaker 5: Two comedians DJ the publicist, my staff, the business, the shots I'm paying for, you have nowhere. It's not going to some mystery, you know, pocket whatever. It's literally I don't know anything else to do, J, but to try to micro organize, meaning get one hundred people in the room and let's try to take care. We know we're taking care of five people in the room.
Speaker 3: Nothing else.
Speaker 5: The DJ, the two comedian, you know, buying some chicken nuggets, the catfish nuggets at the restaurant, buying some shot. You know, we know where that's going. And then who in that room? Can you turn to the left and right that you need to build a tribe. Everybody don't have a tribe. Everybody don't have parents. Everybody don't have a family. Some people in their family, like me, I'm the one they call on. Who is the other Teslims that I can connect with? How can we make this work on a local level. I cannot get forty six million people on the same page, J.
Speaker 3: I cannot.
Speaker 5: What I can do is try to get smaller, mic pro organizing and try to really push that people need to be doing that in their own community, Like you really got to get down to the small fifty people twenty five people in the rooms. That is that are going to commit to looking out for each other. And what I mean by that is, who know how to fix a car?
Speaker 3: You know? Who know how to braid?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 5: Hey, such and such a short on the rent? Can you come leave to sleep on my couch? Can we do a rent part? You know what I'm saying, like very intentional, these twenty five people. Yep, we have to be very very mindful of how we're moving. I met a charter school yesterday. The first person I thought of Christie, our girl Christy with the black history program, Like, okay, I need to connect them. Can we get people to pay twenty five dollars of family for her black history program? How can they go back use she's losing funding? So can we get Can this be another thing you offer at the charter school? But how they gonna get their fun? You know what I'm saying, Like all of that has to girl. I'm telling you, Jay, we have to look at a very I think trying to bite you know, Elephant Overnight is too much of people. It's been coming to overwhelm me. So I'm just trying because it feels unwhelming to me. So I'm just trying to get people in a mindset of can you get twenty five people? If you don't trust your church. I understand that because religion has let us down. But if you have one that you can connect to, fine, if it's a sorority, a fraternity, whatever, find if you're creating your own sorority. You don't just link in with somebody off the internet and get someone on one FaceTime interaction of saying we are going to figure it out.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's why I came to Atlanta. I have to get community.
Speaker 5: I have to Last night is different than being on the internet than face to face you know, interaction and saying how can we figure this out? How can if we're all motivated to win, how can we figure it out? So that's what I'm encouraging people to do. Because if NAJA, depression, anxiety, suicide, all of that is, watch those numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet now that they've even changed.
Speaker 5: Definitely alcoholism, drugs, rehab, all of that. So guys, please wrap your arm around somebody and let's figure it out. Make sure you even listening straight shot, no chase of guys, please subscribe to the podcast. Cannot say it enough I'm gonna keep giving you as much information as I probably possibly can. Black Effect is FCC regulated, you know, so one day they can shut us down.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 5: So we we truly don't know what we're walking into in this season. We really really don't. So while you have the information, share it, subscribe it.
Speaker 3: I'll be here.
Speaker 5: I'm not going nowhere. I've been called for this work. I'll be here until i can't be here no more. So, thank you so much, Jay for your partnership. Thank you so much for everything you do that. Just keep things going guys, and we'll check you can get you next time.
Speaker 3: All right, y'all? Peace peace.
Speaker 5: If you like what you heard on Straight Shot No Chaser, please subscribe and drop a five star review and tell a friend. Straight Shot No Chaser is a production of the Black Effect podcast network in iHeartRadio on TESZLM figure out and I'd like to thank our producer editor mixer Dwayne Crawford and our executive producer Charlottagne to God. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.