Speaker 1: Welcome to the crime round up, y'all.
Speaker 2: Y'all better just get your spurs on, because I believe that Miss Grace is going to come out swinging. Listen, before we get deny cases, I do have to tell you something I think you are going to be thrilled about.
Speaker 1: Huck McCollum has got a new job.
Speaker 2: He is no longer an investigator with the Public Defender's Office. He is now an intake officer at the County for Juvenile Court in the Cada Circuit. So I am so happy he is now on the right side.
Speaker 3: Praise of the Lord. It has taken all of my threat not to discuss with him how wrong his job was for him. Thank you, Thank you Heaven for helping him what he'd be doing in juvenile intake. That's a great place to start, do you do you remember, Cheryl, when I first toured it with the District Attorney's office, and as you know, the elected DA, Lewis Slayton, was like a grandfather to me and he longest starving DA in the country at that time, about thirty seven years, and he would start everybody first, we'd go through indictments where you would, you know, learn to read files, read police reports, read supplementals, and figure out what should the person be charged with legally? Then we would what we do do We do grand jury where you know, there's not a defense attorney and uh there's no cross exam, but the grand journals would ask a lot of questions. Can to be ready for that? Then we go to Jeevenile. That's what I was working up to, where you know, you see a lot of teams and younger that can be helped. They can be help, they don't have to have a life of crime. And there's so many others that for various reasons, this is just their first pit stop.
Speaker 2: And I think that's what's going to be so great. He'll be doing the intake, so he will have the case from start to finish.
Speaker 1: He'll get to know these young people.
Speaker 2: He's going to be the one talking directly to the judge to say they deserve a second chance, or we need to monitor their behavior, you know, put them in different programs to help them so that it's not a life of crime. And what is so perfect Huck is a second chance person. He just believes that people need, you know, another leg up, another help, you know, when necessary. And I think his experience with the public defender is going to help him because you know, he's been lied to a lot, he's been bamboozled, so that was great training for this job. So I think again one of his gifts and I know i'm his mama, but this is just the truth. Huck can take a ton of information and funnel quickly and get to the root of the issue.
Speaker 1: So I think it's a Taylor made job.
Speaker 3: This is a thing. You say, he's a second chance person, and I think I know where he gets that from his mom and dad. But that's the place for it, Cheryl, because I will never forget. And I'm thinking of one particular guy named Christopher Bailla. He got involved, well, he started off in his juvenile and then he ended up being involved in a triple homeless side that I investigated and prosecuted. And Cheryl, I remember him as a juvenile. When I saw him come into court on that triple homicide, which was years later, he was pacing back and forth. The jury wasn't in yet. He was pacing back and forth and back and forth and back and forth like a tiger, just in a cage. And this was in the courtroom and I remember that moment.
Speaker 4: I didn't understand what I was saying, but I could see something bad had happened to him. And by the way, he ended up being a witness in the triple homicide.
Speaker 3: And after that, after his third or fourth chance, he got out and committed an armed robbery. So you know, just you have to take a chance right or wrong and believe good. But your baby is gonna see a lot in juvenile.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you know. And I'm just proud of him.
Speaker 2: And he's ready, and he's got so much support, and he's had so much training. I mean, he's watched you from day one, so he's ready. So I'm happy. Let's get out there and help some folks. But let's talk about defense attorneys for a little bit longer. Let's talk about Richard Allen.
Speaker 3: Oh, dear Lord and heaven. I was having a perfectly good morning, and then you bring up Allan. You know, they're trying to get the case thrown out and or a new trial. Okay, they always want the case reverse and a lieu of that, a new trial. And you and I discussed this for a solid hour the other day. You want to lay out the grounds for a new trial, that they're claiming there's four of them.
Speaker 2: Well, they're wanting a new trial based on quote new evidence, and nothing that they have talked about is new.
Speaker 1: The main thing that.
Speaker 2: I just cannot even hardly contain just how disgusted I am is that they're saying ron Logan did it.
Speaker 1: They're going to blame it now on the dead guy.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, I'm glad you brought that up there. Fourth thing and they are ron Logan's confession, Jill alleged, Jill house confession, and inmates city confessed. Okay, who's probably trying to get a sweet deal like an order sentence modification. But there's Ron Logan. There is the timing of the white van going by as it affects how that correlates to the GIRDL cell phones cutting off and saying that that timing was impossible. Then there are two other climbs off the top of my head, let's see what were they. One it's about the transference, the transferral of Allen to a different facility within DC to corporate corrections. They want that cost Why why do you think, why does it matter where he was housed, because that is where he gave all those confessions. So if they can find a back door way to get those confessed sixty one confessions suppressed, and they'll do it. And there's one more. Let's see what is the fourth one, Sheryl. Four reasons he but for let me and dres ron Logan. You said, blame the dead guy. You're so right, Cheryl, because there's plenty of other people that they could have blamed. Who every single person that the cops investigated is a potential scapegoat. Right. You've got the one guy that was catfishing girls online and he remember he used a body shot of a young police recruit I think it was. He lives in Canada or something. He had nothing to do with his basement.
Speaker 5: This guy had stolen the hot dude's picture and was trying to cap this little girls and get naked photos and stuff. So that would have been a perfect scapegoat, except he's live.
Speaker 3: He can't come into court and say what and the jury would know, Okay, you're lying. There were a couple of others that could have tried to blame. But who's the perfect choice the dead guy.
Speaker 1: Of course, here's what's so acid on. They had a troll. They could have brought him up. They could have brought up incline, but they don't do that.
Speaker 2: But what do they do outside, What do they do for the court of public opinion?
Speaker 1: They tried to blame Libby's sister.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're going to get the internet trolls crazy again, Rita, we know that happened. You and I saw it. I played it, and I suffered the consequences for months on end online telling me how horrible I was. But they're the ones that said it. They said tried to blame the victims, the dead little girl, victims sister for the murder. I nearly did a backflip. That happened. I don't care what anybody says. If the Angel Gabriel no offense, Gabriel, don't get mad. This is just a comparison. If the Angel Gabriel came down and said, Nancy, that didn't happen, I would have to say, Gabriel, you're wrong, okay, because it happened. I don't care what some internet troll says. Yeah, that wasn't attack in the court of public opinion, just like Logan is. You know, I've been thinking a lot about Logan because he tried to get an alibi for the time of the murders, before it was even discovered the girls had been murdered, they were just missing at that time. The incident occurred on his property, and he allegedly gave this confession. Now, who else heard any such confession beside an inmate, do you know? Okay? And there is the bullet, the bullet found between the girl's bodies that directly relates back to Richard Allen's gun. Also, he places himself at the scene wearing the same outfit as the parent. And there's so much.
Speaker 2: More when we are looking at what the defense has done throughout, whether it's the udonism, the leaked photographs say of the hair didn't match mister Allen, that he's delusional, Nancy, I guarantee you he is still confessing today.
Speaker 3: You know, after sixty one confessions to anybody that will listen, why would he stop? Now?
Speaker 1: That's right, he can't. He can't help us out.
Speaker 3: You know, aside from his confessions. Though, let's just pretend, okay, which is not true. Let's just pretend he was housed illegally, that he should not have been transformed to that facility. That is not a grounds to suppress a statement, any statement, much less a confession, that's not gonna work. You know, I respect him for trying, but that's not gonna work.
Speaker 1: All in it new evidence when there's nothing new, it's not gonna work.
Speaker 3: Well, here's another thing under the law. When you try to get a case reversed based on quote newly discovered evidence, it actually has to be new. So that defeats the claim on raw logan. Because they knew that at the time, they chose for that not to be the defense. They wanted to go with Odinism instead. That for worshipers, the Norse god worshippers, you know, the ones over in Iceland, that they did it, and they were making some connection between oldness and I guess Area Nation or white supremacists, somebody for the jury to really hate, because it's hard to you know, get your mind around some oldinists who were out lighting candles in the woods and worshiping Norse gods that don't exist. It's hard to imagine them getting angry enough to murder two little girls. When you start thinking about hate groups, they would be more likely to commit a murder. So they've got to approve. Not only was it some crazy oldness ritual which a lot of people would be in on and nobody talked about it. Everybody stay quiet or was it hate group that have to make that connection improve all of that. But that's what they went with, and of course the judge disallowed it. I don't know why that an't do with Ron Logan at the time. Of course, it's all a lie, Cheryl. I mean, we're just building a house of cards here.
Speaker 1: All that's life.
Speaker 2: But one made more sense. At least the FBI focused on mister Logan. They actually served a warrant his phone pinged they were on his property. That would have been much easier for people to go. Well, it could be.
Speaker 3: I wonder, Cheryl, why didn't they go with it. Do you think the inmate fall apart when he couldn't get a sweetheart deal on whatever he was in jail for.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the start was when he couldn't pass a polygraph.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say that's the start. But I mean even I think even a line inmate might be better than optimism. But again, you know, we're chasing our tails, right, because none of this is true. Once we capture and say we're not going to have anything anyway, it's a lie, that's right. And the law is that if you're trying to get a reversal based on nearly discovered in evidence or a new trial, it must truly be nearly discovered. And we all know that Logan was investigated at the time and all the information was handed over to the defense. That ain't working.
Speaker 6: Now we've got the phone, the phone issue where the expert, the defense expert was stating that someone plugged the girl's cell phone into a jack after the state says.
Speaker 3: She's dead, which means the state's timeline is off, which means it could not have been richer Allen. That's where they're going with that. The state bought on an expert to counter the claim and said, oh yeah, if you get water or dirt in your cell phone, you know that little spot where you put the jack, If it gets contaminated with water or dirt, then that can give the appearance of it being plugged into something. And the defense said, oh, really, where to get that? He said, google it? And he's like, you mean, after seven and a half years, all you guys at Google service And he's like, yeah, well again they're broking up the wrong tree. There because probably everybody on the jury, including me, I want to know something on Google it right, So they're like, hey, there's something wrong with that.
Speaker 2: At the scene number one, there's no jack. Number two, the phone is under abby. There's no way the killer Richard Allen took the phone, plugged it into some jack, you know, pulled the jack back out, and placed the phone under abbey. That makes no sense. The jury didn't buy it. Nobody buying it.
Speaker 3: I guess what they were trying to argue is that somebody okay, that the girls were not killed at that time or in that place possibly all, but the saturated earth shows, you know, it's saturated with blood, that that is the location of the murder. So I guess what there's trying to argue is it didn't happen here, and it didn't happen then, so it couldn't have been Riturn Allen because when it did happen was outside his his he has an alibi for the time it quote really happened.
Speaker 1: Nope, that's it.
Speaker 3: Can we just get to Dennity real quick, please.
Speaker 1: That's what I was just gonna say.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, speaking of cons and swindles and liars, let's talk about Diddy for a minute.
Speaker 3: I mean, really have to leave the jail in the cover of darkness because his knee hurts. Okay, people have heart attacts and cancer treatments behind ball, you know, cancer illness behind bars, and they don't get whisked out in the middle of the night. I had a feel day talking about that the other day.
Speaker 1: And this is a knee injury twenty years in the past.
Speaker 2: Okay, So all that time he was out, all that money he's got, he didn't fix that knee.
Speaker 3: Well, I think the knee pain came on about the time that superseded superseding indictment came down.
Speaker 1: Don't you hate that hat? Don't you hate that? With that? Corresponds, Yeah, that was quite the co inky thing.
Speaker 3: So he gets a superseding indictment. Why the lawyers talk like that. They amended the indictment. They added some victims' names to it, and they dated his criminal conspiracy ie six trafficking back to twenty years. Cheryl, that's got to hurt. I guess his knee did, or makes my toothirt just talking about it, And.
Speaker 1: Didn't they add arson and other things?
Speaker 3: They added arson. I believe he is accused of setting a car on fire when somebody wouldn't do what they wanted him to do, and kidnapp in the middle of all this. You know, kidnap is not that hard to prove, Cheryl. People imagine it is an elaborate scheme where the person has to be hidden away in a heidi full for weeks on end and there's a ransom, blah blah. That's not what it is. Kidnapp requires the non consensual moving of someone. Moving part of the claim is called asportation, kind of like Harry Potter, remember when he would get transported to another place across the world. That's what it is. When you move somebody and guess what asportation requires no specific distance, You can force somebody two inches improve asportation and kidnapping. So every time he would force somebody back into a freaknik party, that could be under the law technically a kidnapped. I think the kidnaps they're referring to in the superseding indictment are much more severe than two inches. But you know, that's where of the term false imprisonment comes from. For instance, for in that video allegedly forcing Cassiev interior beating her dragging her back into a free cough. That would be kidnapping and false imprisonment. So it's got to be much more serious than the two intes to which I'm referring, and I'm sure that it is.
Speaker 2: You know, the folks in the Department of Corrections, they've got to be real careful because even if they think he's faking, they have to make sure he has you know, medical assistant and somebody look at him. It's not just oh, well, I'm sure this is bogus. They can't ignore it.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you everybody in MDC Metropolitan Attention Center this morning they got a knee ache. Why did he not them? Why does he get to leave the general and go bunk up at the hospital for a day or night when they cannot really Cheryl, what what are you saying that somehow he's denied his constitutional right because he couldn't get an mri I in time on a bogus claim about his knee.
Speaker 2: Saying guards, when somebody makes a medical outcry, they cannot ignore it. So whether they won't do say well so and Zoe's claiming they got chest pains, they can't.
Speaker 1: Just go ah, he's a liar, he's a god artist. They have to make sure they have medical assistants. They just do.
Speaker 3: You're right, I'm not arguing that inmates don't be medical assistance and penal assistance. What I am saying is it's all been yes. That's what I'm saying. He gets a superseding indictment which does not add additional charges, but it does name additional elected victims, and it does date the criminal activity sex traffying back several years earlier. That's what it does. So that superseding indictment comes down in rot row. I Kinika Bob Hurtz. That's what I call the nie that led them when they were a little mink nee orts. It suddenly starts hurting as soon as added doctors hand down. Okay, that's been yes. But you know what that is going to have no bearing on this tr which right now except for May, will it happen? It Isn't it hard to believe they're gonna have it together to try that case in May. What I really want to know is will do he testify? Because he is the type that will insist that he gets testify, which of course will be a grave mistake. But when you have an uncontrollable client. When Sean comes, they might not be able. Come on, fat boy, they may not be able to control him.
Speaker 1: That's right. And you know, any.
Speaker 3: Judge worth his or her soul puts the defendant on the record under oath and says, you have the right to speak at your trial, to cross examine witnesses brought against you, and you have the right to remain silent. Are you exercising your right to remain silent? Or do you want to testify? I get to see Sean come and jumping up to saying he wanted to testify. I mean, just despite all of his lawyers that are trying their best to get him off.
Speaker 2: The hook, and he may believe that he can convince one juror.
Speaker 1: May are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Of course he does.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know another thing I.
Speaker 3: Mean to look out for. I'd really be watching out for Jerry tampering. He's got the money, he's got the wherewithal to get to one juror, and.
Speaker 1: He's still got some sidekicks.
Speaker 3: So I'm worried about that. I'm just worried about so many things. This morning.
Speaker 1: I got you and listen.
Speaker 2: I hate to cut this short, but I get to go help out with a mock crime saying a mock.
Speaker 3: Crimes saying, why don't you save yourself in a real fun.
Speaker 2: I'm helping the students at Atlanta Technical College, and let me tell you, they are so fired up to practice for this competition.
Speaker 1: They are awesome.
Speaker 3: If they're helping any If you're all about helping people, can get me on crime stories. You can get right out there in the field.
Speaker 1: I'm about that girl. Send me.
Speaker 2: You need to send me to Kentucky. That's where I want to go with you, the sheriff that got the judge?
Speaker 1: Why would I see? Do you?
Speaker 3: And I want to go myself.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. I want to go with you. That would be that's going to be a good one.
Speaker 3: What do you believe and of course the state never has to prove a motive, but what do you believe the motive is going to be in that?
Speaker 1: I believe you're going to see a layered motive.
Speaker 2: I think there's some mental health issues on top of some inappropriate behavior, on top of a little bit of paranoia.
Speaker 1: And here's what it came down to to me. It is how the sheriff's daughter answered that phone. So just stay with me a second. If she hit the phone like, judge, you know, can I help you think? Okay? Versus if she had said, well, hey baby.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, put your pantson.
Speaker 2: That's right because think about when the call was made. The call was made while she was still at school. She took that call.
Speaker 3: I think it's all going to be tangled up with the daughter. Not that I'm impuning any wrong dietting on the daughter. I think that somehow the perp thinks the daughter is mixed up and not in a good way with the judge. Is that true. I don't know, but he may have thought that.
Speaker 1: So we'll see where we land. Absolutely, Cheryl, Okay, I'm not gonna let.
Speaker 3: You tell me you're leaving. I'm leaving Gloria, and I've got fat boy with me. We're taking off. So there.
Speaker 1: Take God, have a good weekend, Sugar
Speaker 3: Bye bye, Beddy,