Speaker 1: Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds?
Speaker 2: With Dean Hungler, Kaylen Miller Keys, and Jared Haven an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: What is going on? Everyone?
Speaker 1: Welcome to an all new episode of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds? As always, my name is Ten Hungler, joined in the studio by the lovely Kaylin Miller Keys, and somewhere in the world Jared Haven is joining us. Looks like he's in his coffee shop, sitting in the closet.
Speaker 4: Yep, pretty much in my dungeon, surrounded by first aid kids, some money, not much, and like just an assortment of staples and paper clips.
Speaker 1: Is that where we would go if we were to rob you? And then we would say, take us to the money, and then you would take us into this closet.
Speaker 5: Yes, I would.
Speaker 4: First of all, it's not a closet, it's an office, get it right, that's the size of a closet. But I would, yeah, I'd escore you back here and then open the safe, which probably has like one hundred and fifty dollars in it, So I mean, you know, go ahead, Yeah, and that's where you'd go. Yeah, you'd see this while wearing a mask and potentially holding a weapon and holding me up.
Speaker 1: Well that's great man, good to know for whenever we come to visit. I do want to say to our listeners out there, I know you guys are super angry at us, like super super angry at us because because we're a day late posting this episode. Yeah, and hey, I get it. Your your complaints are warranted and we hear them, and you should be angry at us. But just know that we did everything we could.
Speaker 4: So yeah, well, well you guys are sick pretty much who got sick?
Speaker 2: I was sick and I had a cold that turned into an ear infection, and ear infections as an adult are so brutal because you get fur to goo and I was in bed for a full twenty four hours, couldn't get up Ortherwise, I felt like I was going to pass out, so couldn't record.
Speaker 6: It's my fault.
Speaker 5: Is it crazy?
Speaker 4: How like a cold turns into an air infection that turns into some sort of virus that turns into this. I've always just thought that's the most insane thing.
Speaker 2: Where it's just a runny nose and then it evolves into something me not being able to get.
Speaker 1: Out of bed, I think it was a combination for Kaitlin of I was sick earlier in the week because I was camping in cold weather and I already had a tickle, and then it just kind of got a little bit worse, and so I was like, I was like kind of sick for like four or five days. We flew to Bali with me being sick. And it stinks being on an airplane when you have a cold. Because obviously we knew it wasn't COVID, that we got COVID tests before we left.
Speaker 4: Still, you don't want to be the one coffin and sneezing on a plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But even in addition to like the public scrutiny that you feel like you're receiving, just like blowing your nose on an airplane, it's so it sucks because you need so many napkins and you don't have immediate access to a trash can, and so you're just like blowing and stashing it somewhere, blowing stashing it somewhere.
Speaker 4: We know exactly where you're stashing it, bros. Where I stashed it too, that little pouch in the in the seat in front of me.
Speaker 1: No, I think we avoid that I was stashing on the floor and that's really much. And every time I went to the bathroom, I would bring him to the bathroom and then you had a Okay, So I was sick. On the way there, Kaylen was totally fine, and then on the at near the end of the trip, Kaylen started getting really sick, and then I was fine, and then so she was sick on the way home. And I do think that being sick and then going on an airplane only like magnifies your sickness. And I think that's where your ear issue came from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I felt like my ear drums were going to burst on the plane. I've never felt such horrible pain in my ears because I was so congested and my ears couldn't pop. So I think that's where the ear infection developed. And it sucked. And so on the way there, Dean we had the exit row, so we had no one in front of us. Deane could just like go off into the bathroom. On the way back, there's like windows and then like the middle aisle. We were in the middle, so I had to like get people. People'll get up every time I wanted to go bowl my nose. No I just felt so bad the whole plane. And it was a fourteen hour flight and then five hours Taiwan, so it was brutal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were in the middle.
Speaker 1: You know how some planes there's three seats on the outside, four seats in the middle, and then three seats on the outside.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys were on a big boy.
Speaker 1: We were on the two seats in the middle. Both of us were in the middle, and I was kind of bummed about it at first, but those seats were super comfortable. But their person next to me was gone, so you just had to crawl over me every time.
Speaker 3: It was an ideal by any stretch of the imagination.
Speaker 2: It wasn't ideal, but okay, So it was a fourteen hour plane, right. The person sitting next to Dean disappeared for nine hours, and then at the very end of the flight she could just came back.
Speaker 6: I don't know where she went.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who knows it was Did you ever get nervous?
Speaker 4: Nervous like like she's trying to get into the cockpit.
Speaker 1: She's breaking into the engine bay.
Speaker 4: It's immediately when I think, as soon as I am that guy that is always on high alert if I see somebody's stand up, dude, Like if I see as soon as the bell ring when I don't know if it rings when you're at like ten thousand feet, but the seatbelt sign is still on as soon the first person that gets up, I am staring at until they go inside the bathroom.
Speaker 1: They got ibs or.
Speaker 3: No we did.
Speaker 1: We didn't really worry too much about that. But then, sorry not to make a long story longer than it needs to be. So Kaylin's been sick. I have had like the most insane biological clock adjustment that I've ever had traveling to anywhere in my entire life. Like the first day we got back, I don't think what, like, can you help me explain it? Because I did? Did I not sleep the first night?
Speaker 6: And then yeah, you didn't sleep at all the first night?
Speaker 1: I think I stayed awake until like three or four am the first night we got back, and then I finally fell asleep, and then I slept in the next day until four pm, and so then I woke up at four pm, like I came down to Alistairs, to the living room and slept in Alistair's bed for like four hours too. I came I came to get ready for bed that night too, and I was like, well, I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight, so what do I do? So I took three night quills to try to knock me out so that way I could get back onto normal sleeping schedule. And then I couldn't sleep, and then I couldn't sleep until one am that day, fell asleep until one am that day, and then I didn't wake up the next day until noon. And it's there's no worse feeling in the world when it's the weekend or whatever and you sleep in until noon or like one pm.
Speaker 3: I think I slept until one pm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably before. It's just like you feel like such a waste, you feel.
Speaker 4: Like you Let's be honest with ourselves, we feel like pieces dude every time. That's why, like I can't go out anymore.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I genuinely don't want to go out anymore because I would rather wake up early in the morning and get things done rather than stay out late and have fun. I am at that stage in my life.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Even this morning, I woke up, I went to bed at midnight, I turn everything off at midnight, went to bed, why are you looking at me like this?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: And then I woke up at six as the sun was rising, and I was like, okay, great six hours. I can function off for six hours, wide awake for an hour and a half, and then I like lay back down and I'm fully back asleep, like sleeping harder than I had over the first six hours of sleep.
Speaker 3: And then I wake up two hours before this podcast, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, it's ten am. It's so early, but it's not early.
Speaker 4: It's ten am.
Speaker 1: I feel so I feel so helpless.
Speaker 2: You just got to get back on a correct schedule. Go to bed earlier.
Speaker 1: Oh, go to better earlier, says the girl watching suits until midnight.
Speaker 6: No, only because you were playing video games until midnight.
Speaker 1: I well, I was only playing video games because you were watching suits.
Speaker 5: I think it's the hair.
Speaker 4: I think the hair is just making you a like you just look like a guy that's just smoke smokes weed all like you're gonna come up to me at the beach and just start speaking in a Jamaican accent and try to, you know, sit down with me and smoke weed, keep a scuba rubin. Exactly. It's exactly what I was thinking was Hankin's area, and along came Bolly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually, I'm gonna take a second to put it up because it's kind of just suffocating me a little bit right now.
Speaker 6: So just just wanted to show off your flow for a bit, just I.
Speaker 1: Wanted everyone to laugh at me and achieved it. Yeah, oh yeah, you got that. I didn't think anyone was actually really gonna notice it, but.
Speaker 4: You guys were really selling me on selling all of us the audience members on a trip to Bali by the way, like sounds.
Speaker 2: Great, honestly, Okay, getting sick aside, it was so much fun. We got there and I was pretty I was honestly dreading the trip because it was a trip with a.
Speaker 6: Bunch of strangers.
Speaker 2: People that follow us on Instagram came and I was super excited when I booked the trip. That's why I did it. And then my friends got in my head They're like, what if a stalker shows up? Like you're pretty introverted, are you sure you can do this? And so then I started to get anxiety and I was like, shoot, maybe I can't do this. And so when we talked to you guys last week, that was before we had met anyone. So we met everyone that night and everyone was so cool. We had so much fun with them. And the way the trip worked is they planned a lot of downtime for us to like be to ourselves and like decompress, and we took that time just to hang out with everyone still because we had so much fun with them.
Speaker 6: So it really was a good trip. I had a blasting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what was your favorite part.
Speaker 2: We got tattoos for our four year anniversary.
Speaker 6: That was pretty fun.
Speaker 5: Did you guys get him in the same exact location?
Speaker 1: No, mean the same thing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we didn't. Mine is for us jeans wasn't well.
Speaker 1: I got I got a Pokemon on my leg and then we were sitting there.
Speaker 2: No, no, we were sitting We were like god, it was our last night out. And one of the girls she was so much fun, her named Savannah. Want to get her on the Bachelor, by the way, she would be so good on the show a bachelorette.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: Somehow she found a guy to come to our hotel at three am to give us all tattoos. So we were up until like three four am, all getting tattoos, and Dean got a Pokemon, I got a bell pepper, which I've been wanting for a long time. I feel like a standard bell is just lame. So I was like, I'm gonna get a bell pepper to signify changing my last name.
Speaker 6: And then Dean was like sweet.
Speaker 4: I was curious about where the bell pepper came from. I'm like, are you growing a garden? The bell thing.
Speaker 3: Is very sweet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like a bell. I could get a literal bell, but that's pretty boring.
Speaker 1: And then you just get the word bell.
Speaker 6: Still boring.
Speaker 5: You get tinker Oh.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like that nice.
Speaker 3: I'll do that, actually, Tinker, I'll just get tinker.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I like Tinker.
Speaker 3: Like that tinker Bell, like the actual picture of tinker Bell.
Speaker 5: Oh. Easton had a good recommendation Taco.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: My brother is expecting their first kid, I think maybe tomorrow, and they said they're going to in their baby taco Taco Bell because they're Ross and Avery Bell, so it'd be taco bell.
Speaker 3: Anyways, what were you saying?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: And so then at four am, this other girl, Sarah was like, Dean, you should get something to match Kalem tattoo.
Speaker 6: Get an onion.
Speaker 2: And Jan's like, okay, I'm gonna get an onion and just put an onion on his body.
Speaker 1: I love onions and that's.
Speaker 6: Our four am tattoo story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so what are you getting naked again?
Speaker 6: This is his onion?
Speaker 4: Oh you got it on the inside of your knee. Was that painful?
Speaker 3: I don't really.
Speaker 6: We were all pretty tipsy.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine getting tattoos and bali at three in the morning. You guys were completely sober.
Speaker 6: You know, there's this Pokemon.
Speaker 5: What Pokemon is it?
Speaker 4: Ma?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 3: The magic harp?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sweet magic?
Speaker 5: That looks cool.
Speaker 1: It's the most useless Pokemon in the Pokey decks, and I thought it'd be pretty funny because I often feel like I'm pretty useless.
Speaker 3: So we got in common.
Speaker 1: I wanted to get like a sick, fierce, like really powerful Pokemon because I love Pokemon. I actually really wanted to get a jolty on because they're so cute. They're like little electric dogs. But I just feel like, if you that's like it's just getting a tattoo like that, you're basically saying like, I'm a tough guy, I'm strong, and I just kind of always scoff at people like those kinds of tattoos.
Speaker 4: Even if it's a Pokemon, you would never get a Pikachu or anything.
Speaker 1: Pikachu would be really good, but Pikachu's just it's too like general, too generic, too mainstream, I think, to to mainstream. Not many people are gonna have magic car tattoos.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what right now. Yeah, so we got tattoos. Where were we? Is that what were left off?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We got tattoos and then we left the next day and I get a text in our group chat and they're like, the tattoo guys back. So then they got even more tattoos. Savannah got her very first tattoo and got four in Bali, and then a.
Speaker 6: Couple of the other girls got a few as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were getting.
Speaker 6: Wow, it was so fun.
Speaker 5: So if we're so bonding, if.
Speaker 1: We ever lead a trip again, you know what's in store for you getting tattooed.
Speaker 7: Us at four you you know what you guys should do because it's such you guys, and you know how everybody has parting gifts at weddings like thank you for coming and then they give you like, dude, you should have a tattoo artist.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've been.
Speaker 2: Trying to do this, but we need to find someone that's okay. My first tattoo I got like forty minutes from our wedding venue. So we're going to see if he could come out maybe, but they're expensive.
Speaker 1: He talks about hiring a tattooartist for our wedding.
Speaker 4: If you guys, get a tattoo artist at your wedding, I have no tattoos.
Speaker 5: I will get a tattoo at your wedding. I will get a tattoo.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you what you're going to get, but I already know exactly what it is.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sure the guy is limited. He's not going to do whatever I want. M he'd probably do like a fly, like a flash tat size. I mean no, like I mean, tattoos are pretty quick. But obviously you're not gonna get a big piece there. What would you get? I don't know. I mean, obviously it would be something to do with, you know, Superman, or it.
Speaker 1: Was gonna be I was gonna say the S with the dime.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say Brady, because what if I gotta have this? Because I could have him do the TV twelve sign, But he probably doesn't even know what that is, so he would probably have to do something that he knows already or that's pretty mainstream, which is gonna go against everything Dean believes in. But if we're at a wedding and you know, time is of the essence and everybody else is geting tattoos, yeah, something something that was meaningful to me. But also, oh dude, you know what I'll get what help we suck at being newlyweds?
Speaker 1: Nice? Oh yeah, that's perfect. I wouldn't think that it would be like there wouldn't be like a small window to get a tattoo. I would think like he could be there all day from sun up to sundown, like four hours. But you know what I mean, not even like like ten hours from lunch until we go to bed.
Speaker 6: I can't afford that.
Speaker 1: It's not like we're paying him by the hour, just we're paying him for the experience. I don't know, you're wrong, I have no idea what I'm saying. But anyway, so that way no one feels rushed to like get and get out. You can kind of like go in there wandering, get a tattoo, and the tattoo ten at sometimes and then walk out and then you could show it off to everyone and then like three hours later someone could see your Sickney Superman tattoo.
Speaker 2: We have to make this happen. We just need to find someone who's affordable. This guy was super affordable, but it was BALI.
Speaker 3: He was great.
Speaker 1: He was normally, honestly, I love that. Normally, when you get a tattoo, you like show the tattoo artists what you want and then they'll print it out and then they'll like they'll they'll stamp it on you like a little tattoo and then they'll just trace this tattoo so they can't like mess up or anything. That this guy, I was just like, hey, I want this magic harp? Can you can you put this on me? And so he like held my phone out and then on the paper right next to it just kind of like eyeballed it and drew it and it was an exact replica. Same with crazy.
Speaker 6: I've never seen someone freehand tattoos like that.
Speaker 1: And this guy had zero reviews on Google.
Speaker 6: No way, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he zero.
Speaker 3: I was like, how'd you find this guy?
Speaker 1: And she was like, well, all of the places with reviews didn't answer, And so I called this guy with zero reviews, and he said, I'll be there in five minutes.
Speaker 6: Shut up.
Speaker 5: He was so good.
Speaker 6: One of the best tattoo artists ever.
Speaker 1: Well, one of your best tattoos you ever experienced.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wish so badly that in the moment you when he drew that picture, you were like, dude, it's a replica.
Speaker 5: It so good.
Speaker 4: And then you wake up the next morning and you realize that you were a drunk looking at this picture, and then it's like a stick figure.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, story not story my life, but that definitely happened to me before.
Speaker 4: And also, I was thinking about the onion tattoo on you, Dean. That really represents you pretty well. I mean, yes, you do love onions, but also onions have layers, Dean, you have tons of layers. They stink, Dean, sometimes just stink stink. Hm.
Speaker 1: Basically, what we were saying was it I'm a lot like Shrek. Shrek loves it exactly interesting.
Speaker 6: I don't remember that part.
Speaker 1: Well, that's kind of how I was always like this. You really never cut onto that. I was always describing it from my perspective as me being Shrek in the movie Shrek.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's talking to Donkey.
Speaker 4: He's like, oh goods, I like onions.
Speaker 1: You don't remember that far.
Speaker 6: No Shrek, I've seen it so many times.
Speaker 1: I just forget that one brek from the cult classic movie Shrek.
Speaker 5: I tried to have it.
Speaker 4: Dawson watched Shrek a few months ago, and he's not ready for it.
Speaker 5: He's not ready for it.
Speaker 4: He's watched for like ten minutes, but then afterwards he was just that movie.
Speaker 1: Came out when we were like, I probably wrong with this, but like around when we were ten, we weren't ready one. We weren't ready for it, and yeah, so ten exactly, we weren't ready for it until we were like maybe fully matured adult, like teenagers adults. That movie still holds up, like you could watch that movie with Dawson and still probably laugh your ass off.
Speaker 4: Oh I do, because we put it on and I was like, this movie is definitely more for me than for Dawson, but hopefully he gets some entertainment out of it.
Speaker 5: And then he got like ten minutes of.
Speaker 4: It, and then of course he was fussy, and I'm like, bro, I'm trying to watch the movie. Relax, and then you know, obviously we have to shut it off, put Miss Rachel back on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna ask what's his favorite movie?
Speaker 4: He doesn't really watch movies. He can't sit down and watch, you know, but he watches Sesame Street. He'll watch Miss Rachel, which is a YouTube channel. She's like a she's a teacher. She's like the fad now and she educates them a lot, which is great. And yeah, those are the big two Sesame Street, Miss Rachel, who Miss.
Speaker 1: Rachel is Brad's kid is super into Miss Rachel. Do you ever try to like And I have no idea what it's like to raise a kid, obviously, and I know that Miss Rachel is a hit with the kids. Do you ever try to get him into like advanced like STEM because there are certain I see it on TikTok for some reason every once in a while, like instead of showing your kid Miss Rachel, show your kid this advanced thing instead, and they will have a higher IQ when they're older.
Speaker 3: Do you ever try to show them?
Speaker 4: No, not yet, Honestly I try to. If you mean showing him higher IRQ stuff like teenage Mutnam Turtles two Secret to the Ooze, then yeah, I try to show him that and get him into those things. But uh no, I he's just like it's just colors and numbers. He can't understand anything. Like, he definitely learns a little bit from Miss Rachel.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: She like the words, you know, and he recognizes the songs because every time we start singing a song that from Miss Rachel, he like smiles and like starts going back and forth. But yeah, I mean he'll he'll get there. He'll well, we'll get him to be smart.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sure he will be.
Speaker 1: I'm just asking because I have no no bearing for what it's like to raise a kid.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see that There was this TikTok ad that I always get where it's like a baby booklet with like buttons in it, and it was like, if you want your kid to grow up to be a software developer, this is what you should get them at an early age, all right.
Speaker 3: And my brother is a software developer.
Speaker 1: So I was like, graad, you have to get this for your baby, and he's like ha ha, sure, like never gave it any really of it, never a second thought. He's like, dude, our baby loves Miss Rachel. She's going to keep loving Miss Rachel. There's nothing I can do about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as a parent, you're just looking for peace and quiet. Sometimes you're like whatever, you're able to sit and watch and not cry. I'm in. I'm one hundred percent in on right, and.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone would ever ever blame me for that.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 4: Great if it's you know, murder Mystery on sixty minutes, Great, whatever you want, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Hey, how was your first second Father's Day?
Speaker 4: I know it's weird to say that second Father's Day. I feel so old. It was good. I just I don't want to be celebrated. You know. I try to be the best dad possible, and I think I do pretty well knock on wood. But Ashley obviously is much more hands on in terms of taking care of him because I'm at the shop all the time. So it's like, listen, I don't want to be celebrated. Father's Day is very sweet, but I don't need anything. I don't want anything, just a happy Father's Day. I give Dawson a kiss, That's all I want. So she was very nice. She ended up getting me a gift. It was a softball bag where I could put all my bats and balls, so that was awesome.
Speaker 5: I know, tight tight.
Speaker 4: I know I loved it, and she got me a Superman card, which was so sweet. But yeah, it was fine. I mean, you know, I felt bad. I didn't get my dad anything.
Speaker 5: Probably should have.
Speaker 3: Did Ashley get hurt at anything?
Speaker 5: Yeah? She got him an It's so weird.
Speaker 4: His favorite color is orange and he loves orange T shirts. And apparently he had an orange T shirt that something happened to it. Maybe it shrunk, it faded, I'm not sure. So she went to Dix and got him an orange under Armoor T shirt and he freaked out.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 5: It's little things in life, really unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great. Yeah, Caitlin and I don't even think the registered Father's Day. I don't mean I think we talked about it at all.
Speaker 2: Did I texted my stepdad at like eight pm on the East coast?
Speaker 6: John Kimminick.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nice, that's we didn't really do anything.
Speaker 1: We don't have kids, well.
Speaker 6: They don't talk to our fathers.
Speaker 1: You could have celebrated me. I'm a freaking father, dog father.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Happy Father's Day.
Speaker 3: I'm a dog.
Speaker 1: Father on the day of my daughter's wedding.
Speaker 5: Are you close with your stepdad, Kaitlin, Not really.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm close with I should have text my grandpa. Shoot, we were in Bali and it was so much was going on. I totally forgot.
Speaker 3: Let's text him right now.
Speaker 5: And they're close with you, right Vegas?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they live like five doors down.
Speaker 6: They just moved next door to us. It's so funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you should just stop in and then just like bring them a you know, cupcake or something, be like, I'm so sorry, Happy Father's Day.
Speaker 1: We should invite them over for pizza tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should and we will pizza. Well for my birthday, he took my Crumble cookies, so technically I got him Crumble cookies.
Speaker 1: No that we're not inviting him over for Pete said they should invite us over and feed up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, still cake, that's bull.
Speaker 4: Did you see the Flash movie? Oh yeah, I saw the Flash. I mean, like I do, I don't want to get into it.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I like your nonsensical rants about uh DC versus Marvel, So are you serious? Yeah, it's it's good filler. It's good filler because sometimes it's nice for us to sit back and turn our brains off for a little bit relate to this.
Speaker 3: Wait, can't get into it. I do. I want to. I want to share my thoughts on the Flash.
Speaker 5: Oh you saw the movie?
Speaker 1: No I have. I know, of course, of course that I love the Flash. He's actually one of my top three favorite superheroes. He's one of the coolest superheroes in my day.
Speaker 5: Can go see the movie.
Speaker 1: No, modern cinema has ruined superhero movies. They have They know that they have a built in fan base, and they can slack off and make the best movie and it's still going to get one hundred million in the box office, no problem. That's what's really bad with those superhero moves. And that's why I hate them so much, because they know that the fans will watch them no matter what, because they love the Flash, they love Superman, they love Batman, and so they can just put out a crap crap quality content, not quality content, and still people show up. And so they're ruining these franchises.
Speaker 4: I disagree because I think audience, if you, I doubt you follow this stuff. But the Flash is bombing at the box office. It's doing shot Dad, It's gonna go down. It's probably one of the biggest box office bombs all the time.
Speaker 2: The actor is pretty controversial, right, yeah, yeah, actor very much.
Speaker 4: Yeah ah No, I think it's a part of it. So Ezra Miller's has some uh past where they have been arrested and they've choked a woman.
Speaker 5: It's like weird.
Speaker 4: But I also I think that the flash is it's just a I think the reason. Man, there's so much to go into why I think it's failing. Have you guys heard anything about James Gunn getting hired at DC and he's supposed to reboot everything, And there's this whole thing because Henry Cavill's not coming back a Superman. We've talked about it on this podcast before. I won't go into it, but it's not doing about the box office for a multitude of reasons. And unfortunately, I also did not like the movie, which hurts me because I really wanted to love it, because I've heard that it's a love letter to DC films of the past, and it's a good movie in itself and it's fun. But unfortunately for me, it was just a giant miscalculation. And there's cameos in the movie that I truly just felt were grotesque.
Speaker 1: Isn't isn't Ben Affleck Batman in it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's they show him in the marketing, so he's he's not in it much, unfortunately, and he's one of the he's so good as Batman Man, it sucks he's not.
Speaker 1: Gonna Ben Affleck on a podcast like last week. And he because he's played Batman now like five or six times in smaller roles, he's got the bigger ones obviously, and he was like, yeah, man, it was weird in the Flash. I feel like I finally figured out how to play Batman. I'm not a big Ben Affleck fan, but I listened to him on the SmartLess podcast, which is fantastic, and it made me love Ben Affleck like it made me appreciated my him so much more.
Speaker 3: He seems like such a cool guy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he was saying, he was like, yeah, this small little role that I played in the Flash was finally for the first time as Batman for where I felt like I knew exactly how to play Batman.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 4: I love Benny boy, I mean East Coast Boston guy. I've always loved Thatt Affleck because I think he's down to earth and I love him and Jalo together. They're one of my favorite celebrity couples because I love the We've talked about it. She's like glitz, glam, she is queen. And then there was just like Ben Affleck Boston guy who smokes and drinks Duncan and like you know, has had drinking problems and just like divorced and he's just like such a in New Englander.
Speaker 5: I love it so much, and.
Speaker 4: The fact that those two are together, it's like, that's the coolest thing.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the movie's okay, but it was nice going out, So I just love going to the theaters man, And you know, box office is not what it used to be. Going to the movies is not what it used to be, which makes me so sad because theaters can never die.
Speaker 3: So we went area.
Speaker 1: I think the movie going experience is still it still is pretty great, right, Like yeah, no, you're right, these nice seats, Yeah, that's kind of what I'm talking about. Like you can get the nicer seats, you can get the food brought to you. The movie going experience is still awesome. Even just yesterday we were out at dinner and we're like, we should go see a movie because we haven't seen it in a while. I just agree that there maybe aren't as good of movies, Like there's less movies coming out every year where.
Speaker 3: You're like, we have to go see that in theaters, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say, I think what people want is people like myself were so over the overuse of CGI and computer generated effects, like I don't want to see a card like what looks like a cartoon jumping around. What's great and what brings myself and people to the movies is the in camera action. That's why Top Gun Maverick did so well, because it's act Tom Cruise in a fighter pilot, you know, and it's like it's it's so real and visceral. And that's why I think Oppenheimer, your boy Christopher Nolan, is gonna.
Speaker 5: Do really well. That guy.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Brady Buzzer two seconds. I don't know if you guys know much about Openheimer. Do you know anything about this then? This movie coming out?
Speaker 3: But I do. I really want to watch it though, dude.
Speaker 4: So it's Christopher Nolan's new movie. It's about the Manhattan Project, the creation and a nuclear bomb. This guy, this director, Christopher Nolan, he dropped a nuclear bomb to record it. In camera. I'm not joking you. I don't know how he was able to do it.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, how do you even pull that off?
Speaker 4: I don't know, and I don't even know how much it costs. This guy dropped a small nuclear weapon to film it in camera because he didn't want computer generated effects.
Speaker 3: It's funny that you bring up.
Speaker 1: It's funny you bring up Chris Nolan because I was gonna say, I wish Chris Nolan would do like a movie like The Flash, because the Batman movies were so phenomenal. The Christalan Bad movies were so phenomenal. If like The Flash should be great. But yeah, I do really want to see Oppenheimer. We're gonna go see I think, what's that movie that we talked about last week? No hard Feelings, No hard feelings? Oh yeah, that looks pretty funny. So we're gonna see that maybe tonight.
Speaker 5: Barbie's coming out soon.
Speaker 1: Want to talk talk about like, I think like they've been talking about Barbie coming out for years now.
Speaker 6: I've had so much money behind it. They have to advertise it so hard.
Speaker 1: They've been advertising it for like only like three months before the movie comes out.
Speaker 3: It's been like a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyways, we got Brady buzzed.
Speaker 1: Let's see, that's so sad. You want to talk about before we before we bid a do here, you were trying to build a bike for your little boy.
Speaker 3: How'd that go?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, it was stupid. Ashley posted this on Instagram.
Speaker 5: There's just so.
Speaker 4: These things are so difficult to put together, and they're plastic and they break easily, and they're not they're just they just don't come with the proper things to put them together. And so anyway, it was this little plastic bike that Ashley wanted me to put together, even though he can't even ride it yet. I'm like, he can't ride this bike yet. She's like, well, it's made for eighteen months old. I'm like, yeah, but he's just gonna fall off. It's not because he's got like his lower remote control thing. He likes that, he enjoys that. Let's just stick him in there and go on our way. But anyway, I'm trying to put this bike together. It's plastic, it's so cheap. But I you know, I feel bad because it was definitely a gift from like my cousin or something like that, and you know, it's the thought that counts. But this thing was just terrible, and so I'm it didn't even come with screws. It came with like just these plastic little things that you had to twist on. And so I'm trying to twist it on and it's not working. And then I got to get Ashley's help because there's I have to get some leverage in order to put the wheels on. So anyway, I threw it across the garage and we threw it out.
Speaker 1: Is it a bicycle or is it like a glider that doesn't have pedals.
Speaker 4: No, it's like a it's like a plastic bike, dude, wheel the wheels were plastic. Oh yeah, it was very It was like you go, it's like twenty dollars at Walmart. Again, it's the thought that counts. Really appreciate somebody wanted to get a bike for Dawson, but like.
Speaker 1: We'll get a gift where you're like, thank you, but this is going straight into the trash. Oh, and so's all the worse because you feel guilty about it.
Speaker 4: Well, then I feel guilty because of course Dawson's sitting there, and because he's outside with us, because Ashley's with me, and I'm like, hey, I need your help for a second because I need you to hold this up while I try to twist this thing because I can't do it myself because it's just this thing is so stupid. So anyway, so I got frustrated and then I throwed across the garage and then she's like, you know, I was just reading how you shouldn't show anger in front of your child because he's gonna pick up on it. And I'm like, Ashley, I just he's fine. He no, he's not throwing it. He can't even throw two feet, like, he's not throwing anything across the floor. So anyway, so we got into an argument about that, and then the rest of the day was fine.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you don't really get angry, but when you sure you get angry sometimes by showing a little bit anger, it's not really gonna affect him. He's already got that anger inside of him. Whatever you have inside of you, he's got that inside of him too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good. So he's just inheriting my anger problems.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying you.
Speaker 1: Don't have anger problems. I'm just saying you know, whatever you have, he's already got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't really yell I Ashley gets mad at me, because when I do get angry, I just need to release it. So I'm the type of guy and it's probably not a good quality to have, but.
Speaker 3: I'll just like scream.
Speaker 4: Yeah I would time and scream, but I'll just I know, I'll say the F word.
Speaker 5: She doesn't like that, and so.
Speaker 1: I'm like, instead of saying the F word, you should say something like pickle.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, that's so every time. So instead of screaming the F word, I'll just start screaming pickles. And then so my neighbor could be like some are my neighbor, My next door neighbors a psycho. He just goes outside and screams. He loves pickles so much. Either hates him or loves him, and he wants everybody in the neighborhood to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's great. Best of luck with your anger management.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks, it's all right.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get him another bike and then it will be a lot better and he'll enjoy and it'll be phenomenal for everybody involved, including Ashley and especially Dawson.
Speaker 1: Before we say goodbye, for this episode, I want to ask you one question. Have you ever seen the movie Anger Management? Yeah? Of course, so that's what I thought everyone's seen. It's defined a generation. Kaylan has never seen this movie, and I try to get her to watch it one time, and I was like, you just have to watch it up until a certain point when they sings in the car.
Speaker 3: I feel pretty teap. Oh so much.
Speaker 1: Adam Sandler Yeah, and Jack Nicholas, Jack Nicholson, Nicholson, Yeah, not Nicholas, he's a golfer, And we couldn't even get to that point. I'm like, Kaylen has missed out on so many great movies from my childhood that I have tried to get her to watch and she loses interest.
Speaker 3: In the first fifteen he died.
Speaker 2: Adam sandlery for a long time, and now I am coming around to him.
Speaker 6: So I haven't seen most of his movie.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's true because he did make from nineteen ninety five to two thousand and five. He literally couldn't miss and you missed out on all of those made a movie a year, and you missed out on all of those fantastic movies.
Speaker 6: I'm catching up now.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny.
Speaker 4: We were just talking about Adam Sandler, Ashley and I and we find him so comforting. Yeah, watching or listening to him, especially in his older years, because he was on Sesame Street and he did his song for Almo and then we you know.
Speaker 5: Like Big Dad.
Speaker 4: We were thinking about Big Daddy and we were thinking about like his later years, and he is very There's something very warm about Adam Sandler.
Speaker 1: I think it's because we associate him with our childhood, which we always get a little nostalgic about. So Kaylen, since she doesn't associate him with being a little bit younger, maybe you don't have the same like emotional attachment to him as we do.
Speaker 6: He just always annoyed me.
Speaker 4: But it sucks Cayln that you don't like because you're very much like Ashley. Where I will try to show dude, Ashley will give not a time of day to Dumb and Dumber, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore. She hates them, she hates them all. She'll never try to like them. And it's sad for me because I know every line in all these movies is all I do. All I want to do is quote Dumb and Dumber and Tommy boy and happy Gilmore, and it's just like, there's so many quotable moments that I have throughout the day, and I'll say them. I'll either say them and she doesn't get it, or be I don't say them, and it just makes me sad to know that a piece of be is gone.
Speaker 1: Big gulps, huh. Well, see you later. We're gonna do it for this week's episode of Help we Suck at being newlyweds.
Speaker 3: We're again.
Speaker 1: We're so sorry for being a day late on getting this out there, but we can appreciate that you guys can understand what we were going through. Young Kaitlen over here is feeling much better. She's breathing through her nose for the first time in a week. You're doing great. You're doing great, sweetheart. We have obviously our our regular episodes coming up later this week. I think Thursday will probably put one out and then we'll put one out on Sunday, and then I think after that we're gonna have the July fourth episode, and then you guys should.
Speaker 6: Definitely listen to.
Speaker 5: This.
Speaker 1: You feel uncomfortable freaking me, we'll just get us out of here.
Speaker 7: Then.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much. For listening to this week's episode of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds. Be sure to tune in later this week, where maybe we suck just a little bit less. Thanks for listening, Follow us on Instagram at help We Suck at.
Speaker 2: Being Newlyweds and email us at Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. We'll see you next time.